- 1. Dear sister and brother-in-law,
- 2. From here on in, it's your show
- 3. Isn't it our turn for photos?
- 4. Where are the kids?
- 5. Grandma...
- 6. look
- 7. It was on the tree
- 8. Anything wrong?
- 9. You know that strange woman?
- 10. Can I help you, Miss?
- 11. - Looking for someone
- May I ask who?
- 12. Mind your own business!
- 13. Yun-Yun!
- 14. Ting-Ting...
- 15. you look so pretty today!
- 16. Where's your grandma?
- 17. I'm so sorry!
- 18. It should have been me
marrying your son today!
- 19. I let you down, I'm so sorry
- 20. It breaks my heart,
I'm not worthy of you!
- 21. Don't push me around!
- 22. It's not that bad!
- 23. Where is she?
- 24. Where is that pregnant bitch?
- 25. Dad...
- 26. Grandma wants to go home
- 27. Go home?
- 28. She doesn't feel well
- 29. And tonight?
- 30. Where's Xiao Yan?
- 31. Show your face, Xiao Yan!
- 32. Give A-Di back to me!
- 33. You'll face retribution
- 34. YI YI
- 35. Sorry about the mess
- 36. We're the Jiangs... I'm Lili
- 37. I'm Ting-Ting
- 38. This is my grandma
- 39. We're the Jians
- 40. See you later, bye!
- 41. Ting-Ting!
- 42. Take out the garbage before we go
- 43. I'm doing it
- 44. It's starting to smell
- 45. There's some on the balcony
- 46. I know
- 47. What was I getting?
- 48. How did you find me?
- 49. Followed the removal men
- 50. Mother will be livid!
- 51. I miss you!
- 52. Don't I call you?
- 53. Can't see you on the phone
- 54. Come
- 55. Sorry, I'm in the middle
of moving house
- 56. It's a huge mess!
- 57. Call me on this mobile number
- 58. I'll have a phone-line in tomorrow
- 59. No problem
- 60. Ready, Ting-Ting?
- 61. What's on your mind?
- 62. I feel sorry for Yun-Yun
- 63. If it's not Uncle's fault,
it must be Xiao Yan's
- 64. Don't say that, we hardly know her
- 65. I think Grandma's right,
we can't accept her
- 66. Did Grandma say that?
- 67. No...
but she's been unhappy all day
- 68. Did she say anything else?
- 69. No, but she said
she feels really old
- 70. What does she mean by that?
- 71. The groom is right behind me!
- 72. Put your hands together!
- 73. Your wife's brother is some guy!
- 74. Not many weddings
with the bride so very pregnant!
- 75. That's the way he is!
- 76. He put off the wedding
- 77. because this is the luckiest day
of the year in the almanac
- 78. Take his shoe!
- 79. Don't mess with girls!
- 80. Pregnant brides aren't
unusual these days
- 81. We had "bus rides without tickets"
in our day too, you know
- 82. Sorry, Yang-Yang,
this is your seat
- 83. Girls teased him again
- 84. Never mind, have some food
- 85. So, did you and NJ?
- 86. Guess
- 87. No thanks!
- 88. You women always trap men
- 89. It still works!
- 90. It worked on your brother!
- 91. NJ would be a pushover!
- 92. So?
- 93. Here's the bus-rider!
- 94. What? I drove myself here
- 95. Drink! It's on my brother-in-law!
- 96. Why aren't you eating?
- 97. Those girls teased him again
- 98. Try this new toy!
- 99. Just let him be
- 100. Is it really you?
- 101. You're still in Taipei?
- 102. I live... in the US now
- 103. Your son?
- 104. So cute
- 105. This is my number
- 106. Call me
- 107. Why didn't you come that day?
- 108. I waited and waited...
- 109. I've never got over it, you know
- 110. Sherry!
- 111. How many years has it been?
- 112. Almost 30!
- 113. Not that long!
- 114. It hasn't been that long
since we graduated!
- 115. Didn't know you two
were still in touch!
- 116. We just ran into each other
- 117. Good to see you still get along!
- 118. My namecard
- 119. My husband does business in China,
so I'll be in town quite a bit!
- 120. - Stay in touch, okay?
- I sure will
- 121. Sorry, I've run out of namecards.
I keep forgetting to...
- 122. Sorry, I must go...
- 123. - Remember, stay in touch!
- 124. It really is a lucky day!
- 125. I've forgotten my own first love
- 126. Why do I remember yours?
- 127. What did I come down for?
- 128. Some tea?
- 129. No, thanks
- 130. - Something wrong?
- 131. Dad, your cigar burst it!
- 132. See what happens when you smoke
those disgusting things?
- 133. It wasn't...
- 134. Then who was it?
- 135. Er... Whatever
- 136. Quiet! Shut it!
- 137. Now the elders are involved
- 138. Fair enough, they must both drink!
- 139. One each!
- 140. What the fuck is this?
- 141. It's called a "depth charge"
- 142. You'll both have pot bellies
- 143. Beer!
- 144. Plus fruit juice!
- 145. Chewed betel nuts!
- 146. Eggs and salt!
- 147. Drink up!
- 148. Applause!
- 149. Is it raining?
- 150. Can you manage
the stuff in the trunk?
- 151. If not, ask Dad to bring it in
when he's parked
- 152. Don't forget the big bag
- 153. Mrs Jian! Why are you so late?
- 154. Get to the hospital!
Your mother's been rushed there!
- 155. My mother?
- 156. Wait!
- 157. I'll go in to see her first, NJ
- 158. Wait here for A-Di,
he'll be here soon
- 159. Tell Ting-Ting
to put Yang-Yang to bed
- 160. I did. You go ahead!
- 161. What does the doctor say?
- 162. She's had a stroke...
they need to operate
- 163. I saw her lying in the driveway
by the dustbins...
- 164. Did she fall over?
Was she hit by a car?
- 165. Why was she downstairs?
- 166. You drove here drunk!
- 167. The cops drink too!
- 168. Don't worry, NJ
- 169. Sister called
and told me what happened
- 170. Mother will be fine,
it's the luckiest day of the year!
- 171. - She'll wake up in no time.
- A-Di, it's not that simple...
- 172. Maybe you don't trust me
- 173. Things are different now!
- 174. I was unlucky,
so I borrowed from you and sister
- 175. Now my luck has turned!
I'll be repaying you soon!
- 176. - There's no rush
- Trust me!
- 177. You saw my partner Piggy tonight
- 178. He'll pay me back tomorrow,
and I'll pay you back next day!
- 179. Ting-Ting took out the garbage
in the afternoon
- 180. What was Mother doing
down by the dustbins?
- 181. We don't know if she fell
or was knocked over by a car
- 182. My brother says
she'll recover quickly
- 183. It was the luckiest day
of the year
- 184. He put off his wedding
for this lucky day
- 185. Nothing unlucky can happen
- 186. Otherwise Mother
would be dead by now
- 187. That's one way to see it
- 188. How else?
- 189. Don't complicate things!
- 190. How's this, Min-Min?
- 191. Didn't I say it goes to City Hall?
- 192. How does your Master see it?
- 193. You should ask him yourself,
- 194. I spent two weeks
at the temple with you!
- 195. But I didn't understand
- 196. I don't think the Master
would take me as his disciple
- 197. Two weeks may not be enough
- 198. Look how busy I am
- 199. How can I find the time?
- 200. Maybe you need a bit more humility
- 201. Are you saying...
there's something wrong with me?
- 202. Look at Yang-Yang!
- 203. My auntie was like this
at her wedding
- 204. So fat?
- 205. No, guess why
- 206. What's under your shirt?
- 207. A balloon!
- 208. One inside another!
- 209. She's coming!
- 210. Concubine! Concubine!
- 211. Is she the Concubine?
- 212. Shut up!
- 213. Stay there!
- 214. Get on with your work!
- 215. What's that in your hand?
- 216. Nothing
- 217. Better watch yourself!
- 218. Yang-Yang, she likes you!
- 219. Her old man will be jealous!
- 220. Who's her old man?
- 221. Today...
- 222. one of you has brought
something bad to class. Who is it?
- 223. Who has brought a condom?
- 224. Stand up!
- 225. If he won't admit it,
I'll name him!
- 226. Jian Yang-Yang, it's you!
- 227. Hand over your condom!
- 228. What's a condom?
- 229. Playing dumb?
- 230. Don't laugh! You're shameless!
- 231. You can't hide it!
I know everything!
- 232. Who's telling lies about me?
- 233. Never you mind!
- 234. You just heard something,
you didn't see it
- 235. So I'm wrong, am I?
- 236. You think
I need to see it to know?
- 237. I even know which pocket it's in
- 238. Your left pocket... come on!
- 239. What's this?
- 240. A balloon
- 241. Quiet!
- 242. I'll let it go this time...
- 243. but you'd better watch out!
- 244. Finish your milk!
- 245. We both will be late!
- 246. You'll never grow tall!
- 247. Good morning, Mrs Jiang
- 248. First Girls' High... great school!
- 249. You are good!
- 250. So is Lili!
- 251. I hear her playing every day,
- 252. I hope it's not too loud.
Do you play an instrument?
- 253. Yes, but I'm not very good
- 254. Better to be good at books, anyway
- 255. What's the point?
- 256. Last year's profits are gone
- 257. Everyone does computers now
- 258. Remember how
the garment business crashed?
- 259. The more orders you fill,
the more money you lose!
- 260. Instead of cashing in...
- 261. you blew it all
on lavish expansion plans
- 262. So, what can I do?
- 263. You screwed up real bad,
what can I do?
- 264. We do have a strategy,
one step at a time
- 265. There's always ups and downs
at a time of transition
- 266. I warn you...
- 267. one more negative review...
- 268. and we'll pull out
- 269. So what's this strategy?
- 270. Moving into software?
- 271. Or into... content?
- 272. Damn right!
It's still hush-hush...
- 273. Heard of a Japanese named Ota?
- 274. Computer games?
- 275. - That surprised you, right?
- 276. Go on!
- 277. We're always cutting-edge!
- 278. Sure you are! But you're
down the tube if we pull out
- 279. Why "cash in" when we were ahead?
- 280. "No prisoners!" was our policy.
- 281. He better shut up!
- 282. Why should he?
- 283. You were too honest
and told him everything!
- 284. I'm not like you...
- 285. We don't even know this "Ota"
- 286. And we're going bust!
- 287. He doesn't come cheap
- 288. He's a brand name!
- 289. We buy his name...
- 290. to attract investors!
- 291. Brand name? What if
it costs too much to recoup?
- 292. It's our neck, I'm against it!
- 293. Taiwan has the best copycats.
Are they ripping off Ota's stuff?
- 294. I'll check
- 295. What will you guys do
if we go bust?
- 296. I know, you'll retire,
stay home and smoke your pipe
- 297. Da-Da, you'll move
to San Francisco?
- 298. And you, NJ?
- 299. All your money's in the company,
- 300. He didn't hear me
- 301. He doesn't want to answer
- 302. He has other things on his mind
- 303. I'm going, Uncle is here
- 304. Ting-Ting! You're leaving?
- 305. Yes, you two enjoy yourselves
- 306. I didn't know she was meeting you
- 307. She and I are still very close
- 308. Hey, everything's fine now
- 309. I even urged Ting-Ting
to be kind to your new wife
- 310. We didn't marry,
but we're still friends
- 311. All these years!
- 312. Yes, many years
- 313. You're so calm, I'm surprised
- 314. Let's get to work
- 315. Everyone was stunned by what
you did at the wedding banquet
- 316. Don't get me going again, okay?
- 317. Here, look
- 318. I've transferred part
of our savings to your account
- 319. We cleared 20 million
on Yahoo and AOL
- 320. Part of it is in a mutual fund
- 321. The documents here
need your authorization
- 322. And find me a boyfriend
- 323. I'm alone now, you know that
- 324. Figures give me a headache
- 325. Lili!
- 326. I heard your grandma
is in hospital
- 327. Yes
- 328. Is it serious?
- 329. She's in a coma... She fell
- 330. I love your grandma,
she's so elegant
- 331. She was a teacher
- 332. It's your boyfriend...
- 333. Right
- 334. Why don't you go over?
- 335. I'll see you later
- 336. You should move her
every hour or so
- 337. Like this
- 338. A different position every time
- 339. First one side, like this...
- 340. then the other, like that
- 341. And put a pillow under her back
- 342. That's the way
- 343. And pat her back often
- 344. Do it yourself
if the nurse isn't here
- 345. - That's for her circulation?
- 346. I think that's all...
- 347. Doctor...
- 348. how long before Mother
- 349. It's hard to say
- 350. Treat her normally...
open her window in the daytime
- 351. Take her out in the wheelchair,
turn off the lights at night
- 352. Most important, talk to her,
it stimulates her senses
- 353. But I'm not optimistic
- 354. You should prepare for the worst
- 355. Sorry, brother-in-law,
I haven't repaid you yet
- 356. Never mind
- 357. If I forget again, remind me
- 358. I'm thinking about the company
- 359. Bad mood?
- 360. More financial problems?
- 361. You're not going bust, are you?
- 362. I'm thinking about the meeting
with the Japanese tomorrow
- 363. Fuck! Are you in debt to Japan?
- 364. No! What are you saying?
- 365. Of course not!
- 366. Yang-Yang...
- 367. it's your turn
- 368. From now on, we'll take turns
to talk to Grandma
- 369. It will make her wake up sooner
- 370. Ting-Ting hasn't done it
- 371. She played the piano, didn't she?
- 372. I could show her my drawings,
but she can't see
- 373. But she'll hear you!
Didn't the doctor say so?
- 374. There's lots to tell her
- 375. Like what happened at school...
- 376. or some little secret you have
- 377. You can tell Grandma anything
- 378. What's the matter?
Why that grumpy look?
- 379. Don't want to talk to her?
- 380. What's the point?
She can't see what I tell her
- 381. What?
- 382. Are you trying to get out of it?
That's not nice!
- 383. How can you let Grandma down?
- 384. You're making me cross!
- 385. Don't they teach you anything
- 386. Grandma loves you so much
- 387. You can't just ignore her,
- 388. You just can't!
- 389. You take a break...
I'll talk to her first
- 390. It's my turn
- 391. Ma, I'm good at talking
- 392. Luck's on my side now,
- 393. I'm rich now
- 394. People come to me for loans!
- 395. Not like the old days
when my borrowing made you worry
- 396. I've made lots of rich friends
- 397. And...
- 398. Don't you worry about Xiao Yan
- 399. She's a nice girl
- 400. Really...
- 401. And... what else...
- 402. The other stuff...
I guess you know
- 403. If you have questions,
you can't ask...
- 404. Today...
- 405. let's call it...
- 406. You must be tired...
- 407. I'll try and tomorrow...
- 408. That's for... today...
- 409. Grandma
- 410. Did I forget
to take out the garbage?
- 411. I can't remember
- 412. If you forgive me, wake up!
- 413. Please?
- 414. Because,
I can't sleep if you don't
- 415. Survival instincts
are all the same
- 416. Overfeeding may not improve growth
- 417. It may diminish
- 418. So, the drive to reproduce
- 419. Some of you
can't bring them into bloom
- 420. You're overdoing the care
- 421. Like, say... Jian Ting-Ting
- 422. Jian Ting-Ting!
- 423. She stays up all night
nurturing her plant
- 424. The others must be slacking...
See how they bloom?
- 425. It begins to acquire
signs of human life...
- 426. It begins to think,
- 427. then matures
into a living entity...
- 428. and becomes
our most devoted companion
- 429. That's the limitless future
for computer games
- 430. We haven't yet surpassed...
- 431. fighting and killing games
- 432. Not because we haven't fully
- 433. But because we haven't fully
understood ourselves: human beings
- 434. Our future collaboration
can be based on these objectives
- 435. This is the way forward
- 436. These are uncharted waters,
- 437. so I understand your hesitations
- 438. But this cutting-edge approach
puts us well ahead
- 439. of any future competition
- 440. So there are ample grounds
- 441. That concludes my presentation,
- 442. Wonderful!
- 443. We learned a lot today!
- 444. Really good...
- 445. No-one's dared try it before,
- 446. but we have to pay for it?
- 447. I thought we were just buying
a brand name, pure and simple
- 448. I liked what he said
- 449. It's a risk worth taking
- 450. Shit, you were against it before!
- 451. He's too expensive, not worth it
- 452. I found a local copycat of Ota
- 453. Calls itself "Ato", close enough?
- 454. Forget the names!
What about performance?
- 455. Small return on small risks,
- 456. It beats big losses on big risks
- 457. Let's not sign with him yet!
- 458. Find an excuse
to send him back to Tokyo
- 459. That's not nice!
Who has to tell him?
- 460. NJ...
- 461. take Mr. Ota to dinner tonight.
Tell him we're keen to sign
- 462. But play hard to get,
let's buy some time
- 463. Why me?
- 464. You look honest!
- 465. So? Am I pretending?
- 466. What's wrong with a little acting?
- 467. So honesty is an act?
And friendship? Business?
- 468. Is anything real left?
- 469. Don't mind what I said
- 470. We've been a team since schooldays
- 471. Sure, why else do I stick around?
- 472. By the way, Sherry's husband,
- 473. He's from Chicago,
big in insurance
- 474. Good reputation
- 475. I had a long talk with her
on the phone
- 476. She asked me to say "Hi"
- 477. Give her a call sometime
- 478. Just as a classmate,
not an ex-lover
- 479. It's not locked
- 480. You're home early
- 481. I was next door
- 482. Hello? Dad!
- 483. Yang-Yang hid the phone,
I couldn't find it
- 484. It was under the seat cushion
- 485. We're cooking a health-food dinner
and you'll miss it!
- 486. Okay, next time
- 487. Yes, I'll tell Ma
- 488. That was my dad
- 489. He's going to miss my masterpiece
- 490. Well, that's his loss
- 491. So what's next?
- 492. Check that page
- 493. We're out of carrots
- 494. We have some
- 495. Next time
I'll show you my pad in Shanghai
- 496. My daughter's in
- 497. My daughter Lili
- 498. Call him Uncle
- 499. Call me Allen
- 500. You're cooking?
- 501. Nice place you have here
- 502. Hi, Mrs Jiang
- 503. Ting-Ting, you're cooking too?
Big job, isn't it?
- 504. It's fun!
- 505. Join us for a health-food feast!
- 506. We're going to the movies
- 507. That's nice... Hold on
- 508. Allen, make yourself at home
- 509. I'm fine
- 510. We're going to the movies?
- 511. It's on me.
Treat Ting-Ting to a good show
- 512. Your daughter is a musician!
- 513. She certainly is,
she's won prizes!
- 514. Lots of comedies,
which one do you fancy?
- 515. We can do something else...
if you'd prefer...
- 516. Welcome
- 517. Can I help you?
- 518. Our friend is...
- 519. They're my friends
- 520. Hi, Fatty
- 521. I thought you were cooking
- 522. What're you doing?
- 523. Checking these
- 524. I don't come here every day
- 525. Wait for me
at the usual place, okay?
- 526. "Fatty"? He's so thin!
- 527. Maybe he used to be fat
- 528. You shouldn't mind waiting...
he's often waited for you
- 529. It's not that...
- 530. He'll be here soon
- 531. Want to be alone?
- 532. I can go home...
- 533. Okay
- 534. Don't worry, he'll be here soon
- 535. Keep it down!
This isn't your own place!
- 536. Hey, you seem
to be disturbing her!
- 537. Cool it!
- 538. It's not our fault that
your boyfriend stood you up!
- 539. Leave her alone
- 540. Been in the army too long,
I'm not used to this!
- 541. Don't worry
- 542. I may look rough
but I have a heart of gold
- 543. Let it be, okay?
- 544. This must be fish...
- 545. Where's he from? He's good
- 546. Japan. I just met him
- 547. He plays well for a computer guy
- 548. Bring more friends like him
- 549. Great for atmosphere
- 550. Times are hard
- 551. We're in trouble
- 552. Come more often...
- 553. Sherry? It's me, NJ
- 554. I'm glad it's the machine.
Otherwise I'd be tongue-tied
- 555. Da-Da said he spoke to you
- 556. He says you're doing well,
I'm so glad
- 557. Before,
I'd heard your life was tough
- 558. I felt it might be my fault
- 559. You asked why I vanished
without a word 30 years ago
- 560. There were many reasons
- 561. Now they all sound stupid
- 562. I'm glad that you have a good life
- 563. I'm really happy for you
- 564. All my best wishes
- 565. I have nothing to say to Mother
- 566. I tell her the same things
- 567. What I did in the morning
- 568. In the afternoon
- 569. In the evening
- 570. It only takes a minute
- 571. I can't bear it
- 572. I have so little
- 573. How can it be so little?
- 574. I live a blank!
- 575. Every day... Every day...
- 576. I'm like a fool!
- 577. What am I doing every day?
- 578. If I ended up like her one day...
- 579. I'll ask the nurse
to read the newspaper to her
- 580. She'll have something new
to listen to, okay?
- 581. I was busy!
- 582. So was I! Why should I wait all day
for you to call?
- 583. - Where were you last night?
- Why should I tell you?
- 584. You think I'm some dumb bitch?
- 585. Why should I wait for you?
- 586. Give me back the cell-phone!
- 587. What are you doing?
- 588. You asking me?
- 589. Get the hell out!
- 590. Fuck you, you nosey bitch!
- 591. You're a fucking joke!
- 592. Yang-Yang, the lift's here
- 593. Don't stare at people like that.
- 594. People will be cross
- 595. I wanted to know why she's unhappy.
I can't see from behind
- 596. How do you know she's unhappy?
- 597. She had a big fight last night
- 598. I could hear from my room
- 599. Really?
- 600. Daddy, I can't see what you see
and you can't see what I see
- 601. How can I know what you see?
- 602. Good question.
I never thought of that
- 603. That's why we need a camera
- 604. Do you want to play with one?
- 605. Daddy, can we only know
half of the truth?
- 606. What? I don't get it
- 607. I can only see what's in front,
not what's behind
- 608. So I can only know
half of the truth, right?
- 609. You have a lot of questions today!
- 610. Let me ask you one...
- 611. Where shall we take Mummy
this weekend to cheer her up?
- 612. You can decide
- 613. Min-Min!
- 614. Still here?
- 615. Nancy...
- 616. Where can I go...
- 617. What are you doing?
- 618. What are you snapping?
- 619. I want to show Mummy
- 620. Mosquitoes? Can you snap them?
- 621. Daddy said so,
or people won't believe me
- 622. That's not our place!
- 623. I know
- 624. Your Mum and I
both think they are strange
- 625. ls Mummy home?
I haven't seen her lately
- 626. My boss is here, bye!
- 627. Your partners are in a meeting
with Ato Company
- 628. They want you to join them
- 629. Ato?
- 630. Isn't it Ota? I wasn't told
- 631. No, Ato is Ota's copycat
- 632. Confusing, isn't it?
- 633. General Manager's office
- 634. The President's in a meeting
- 635. May I say who called?
- 636. No? Thank you
- 637. General Manager's office
- 638. My boss is here,
I'll call you later
- 639. General Manager's office
- 640. Hold on
- 641. NJ, long-distance from the US
- 642. I knew it was you
- 643. You take care of the company
- 644. I'm staying home
- 645. Call me when you need me
- 646. Seems I'm the only one left
to keep you company
- 647. When Min-Min was home,
- 648. she'd solve
all the problems around here
- 649. But now...
- 650. there's no-one to do it
- 651. And I really don't know
when she'll be back
- 652. It's hard for me
to mumble like this
- 653. I hope you won't be offended
if I say...
- 654. it's like praying
- 655. I'm not sure
if the other party can hear me...
- 656. and I'm not sure
if I'm sincere enough
- 657. Frankly...
- 658. there's very little
I'm sure about these days
- 659. I wake up feeling unsure
about almost everything
- 660. And I wonder
why I wake up at all...
- 661. just to face the same
uncertainties again and again
- 662. Would you want to wake up,
if you were me?
- 663. Maybe Yang-Yang's right
- 664. You've lived so many more years
- 665. Other than these questions
we can't answer...
- 666. what is there to tell you?
- 667. Anyhow, I guess
you don't blame Yang-Yang...
- 668. for not talking to you
- 669. In many ways he takes after me
- 670. Really
- 671. Which brand do you want?
- 672. The same one
- 673. Which was that?
- 674. This one
- 675. Right, hold on...
- 676. Shida Road Art Portraits,
can I help you?
- 677. And the surname is...?
- 678. Okay, I'll check
- 679. What the...?
- 680. What the hell are all these?
- 681. Oh, I get it
- 682. This is what they call
- 683. Amazing!
- 684. Class,
time for some art appreciation!
- 685. What's it for?
- 686. It's art! Expensive art!
- 687. Why is art expensive?
- 688. Why take so many?
- 689. Look at him! Our newfound maestro!
- 690. A rare genius in our school!
- 691. Didn't you love to talk back?
- 692. Take after your father, right?
- 693. Tell him you are caught in the act
- 694. Call him
- 695. and ask for help!
- 696. Scared?
- 697. Stand there until he comes!
- 698. Don't pull that face at me!
- 699. Turn around against the wall!
- 700. I dare you do that again!
- 701. How was it the other night?
- 702. Isn't Lili home yet?
- 703. Could you give this to her?
- 704. Uh... nothing
- 705. This...
- 706. is for you
- 707. - it's...
- I know
- 708. "Wen-Ho Lee,
originally from Tainan...
- 709. "was found to be
in breach of Security Codes...
- 710. "and dismissed from his post
at Los Alamos Research Lab
- 711. "To date,
the Federal authorities...
- 712. "do not have enough evidence
to prosecute him
- 713. "as a spy"
- 714. "Taipei City
Rapid Transit Commission...
- 715. "has lost its lawsuit...
- 716. "against the French company
- 717. Let's eat
- 718. You don't like my cooking?
- 719. Been to McDonald's again?
- 720. Why so moody?
- 721. He got picked on...
- 722. Master wants to see you
- 723. Please come in, Master
- 724. Ting-Ting, Nancy is here!
Will you make some tea?
- 725. Have you eaten?
- 726. We just did
- 727. First, Min-Min
is doing well in the temple
- 728. Master wanted to visit you...
- 729. so as to know
Min-Min's family better
- 730. Mr Jian, most people
neglect spiritual disciplines
- 731. So you missed Min-Min's signals
- 732. Yang-Yang, don't run around naked!
- 733. You should join us on the mountain
- 734. A purified soul
helps the gods to answer prayers
- 735. Nothing would help your wife more
- 736. Like everyone, my wife and I
need help from others
- 737. But maybe I'd anger the gods
by making too many requests
- 738. If I turn to them only for
the big things I can't handle...
- 739. my sincerity may impress them more
- 740. But...
- 741. I haven't yet had troubles
I couldn't handle myself
- 742. These thoughts seem interesting...
- 743. They do this work voluntarily
- 744. Your encouragement
means so much...
- 745. I see
- 746. Do you take cheques?
- 747. Of course
- 748. Thanks, NJ
- 749. Your wife is in good hands
- 750. Thanks for all the help
- 751. It's our pleasure
- 752. Lend me $300,
I have nothing on me
- 753. A cab driver's waiting,
I owe him $300
- 754. You'd die without me!
- 755. Aren't you lucky?
- 756. The clothes you left
are still here
- 757. Do they still fit?
- 758. How did you get into this mess?
- 759. She went crazy and threw me out
- 760. I went to NJ's place...
- 761. He threw you out too?
- 762. I still owe him money
- 763. I was ashamed to borrow...
- 764. from him again
- 765. Didn't I give you 9 million
to clear your debt with NJ?
- 766. I let Piggy invest that
- 767. He says it's tripled in value
- 768. Piggy?
- 769. I hear he's on the run in China
- 770. Bullshit!
- 771. I won big on mahjong
at his place last week
- 772. Cash?
- 773. I see
- 774. Let's visit him tomorrow to check
- 775. Okay?
- 776. Thank you so much,
it'll only take a minute
- 777. No problem, just shut the door
when you leave
- 778. Don't tell anyone I let you in!
- 779. Trust me
- 780. Fatso, learn from your wife!
- 781. See how easy she handles me?
- 782. Thanks a lot
- 783. They're no slouches,
cleaned the place out
- 784. How much money have I got left?
- 785. Barely!
- 786. Didn't we just make ten million?
- 787. Values can go down too
- 788. Shit, what are these?
- 789. You mean...
- 790. I'm broke again
- 791. Why did you trust
a guy like Piggy?
- 792. Come here
- 793. Remember this: trust no-one!
- 794. It's just junk
- 795. Fucking useless!
- 796. Are you skipping
- 797. Buzz off!
- 798. Here she comes!
- 799. Quick!
- 800. Good morning, Dean
- 801. Lovely new outfit!
- 802. You little fuckers! Don't run
- 803. I'll get you! You fuckers!
- 804. "Warm, damp air rises
as the earth heats up
- 805. "At high altitude,
it condenses into small droplets
- 806. Get in, quick!
- 807. "This creates
these beautiful clouds
- 808. "To the quiet rhythms of nature...
- 809. "they dance silently
above our heads
- 810. "Often we overlook their beauty
- 811. "As they dance higher...
- 812. "they silently turn into hail...
- 813. "and return to earth
through the clouds
- 814. "During their plunge...
- 815. "they shed their positive charge
and form a negative-charged front
- 816. Close the door!
Don't just stand there!
- 817. Find a seat, quick!
- 818. "The two opposing forces...
- 819. "are attracted towards each other
- 820. "It grows irresistible
- 821. "In one flashing moment,
the two violently reunite
- 822. "That makes: thunder
- 823. "It's believed that thunder
created all life on earth
- 824. "400 million years ago,
- 825. "a bolt of lightning
created the first amino acid,
- 826. "the origin of life
- 827. "That was the beginning
- 828. I can't help you!
You two can't fight like this!
- 829. Everyone envied you!
You can't do this!
- 830. I'm very disappointed!
- 831. What sense does it make?
- 832. I haven't seen her in ages
- 833. Of course not! You mistreated her!
- 834. Lili is so lovely! How could you?
- 835. Is she seeing other guys?
- 836. I didn't say that...
- 837. You should know better
- 838. Tough lady!
- 839. How can this be?
- 840. Open the door!
- 841. Why is it suddenly locked?
- 842. Open the door!
- 843. Not ashamed, are you?
- 844. How can this be?
- 845. Lili, it's not how it looks
- 846. How can this be?
- 847. What is it then?
- 848. Listen to me
- 849. You're my teacher!
You're my mother!
- 850. You should be teaching me English!
- 851. Teachers are human too!
- 852. I'll tell the principal!
- 853. Listen to me!
- 854. Listen to what?
- 855. Excuse me
- 856. It's not what you think, Lili!
- 857. Look this way!
- 858. Let Daddy videotape you
- 859. Still crying...
- 860. Look this way...
- 861. The eyes...
- 862. What? You're moved?
- 863. Suddenly it all seems...
- 864. so cruel
- 865. What's wrong?
- 866. Is his horoscope really so bad?
- 867. Didn't you say...
- 868. we can counter it
by giving him a lucky name?
- 869. It's all right!
- 870. A-Di!
- 871. Congratulations!
- 872. You're the first!
- 873. Let's see the baby
- 874. Like you, but more handsome!
- 875. So they say! I can't tell
- 876. To wish you luck...
- 877. How's his horoscope?
What's his name?
- 878. The name is crucial,
I'm still working on it
- 879. Right, it's for life!
- 880. Have some tea
- 881. Congratulations! Good job, A-Di!
- 882. Migo!
- 883. I hear you've set
the world to rights!
- 884. Made peace between
your wife and Yun-Yun!
- 885. Let's drink to that!
- 886. Here, some expensive red wine!
- 887. All your old classmates
- 888. Lovely little baby!
- 889. Looks more like the mother
than the father
- 890. You sure?
- 891. Go fetch the baby pictures
- 892. What pictures?
- 893. Behind the screen!
- 894. Had a good eye, didn't I?
- 895. I hired Xiao Yan
fresh out of school
- 896. See what happens?
- 897. You should thank me, Xiao Yan
- 898. Right, you should
- 899. Get Migo in here!
- 900. Why is that bitch here?
Did you invite her?
- 901. Of course not!
What the hell is going on?
- 902. Why did you bring Yun-Yun?
- 903. She said you invited her,
and we brought the wine!
- 904. You didn't invite her!
- 905. You think I'm nuts?
- 906. What a let-down!
- 907. We all thought you two made up
- 908. We were so glad to hear it
- 909. That's what she told you all?
- 910. Weren't you so friendly
to each other just now?
- 911. Forget the past,
make a fresh start
- 912. Let's be happy
- 913. Fuck, it's a set-up!
- 914. What?
- 915. It's a fucking set-up!
- 916. Look! Throw her out, right now!
- 917. Come now...
- 918. Harmony is a precious thing!
- 919. Think of our classmates' feelings!
- 920. It's for everyone's good
- 921. Bullshit!
For everyone's good?
- 922. What about me?
Where does that leave me?
- 923. Your behaviour isn't helping
- 924. Yun-Yun is our old friend!
- 925. Your wife
is out of line here
- 926. What the fuck?
- 927. What the fuck are you playing at,
- 928. She doesn't mean that!
- 929. Trying to wreck the party?
- 930. You're wrecking it, not her!
- 931. Xiao Yan, don't get me wrong
- 932. I'm sincerely happy
for both of you, believe me
- 933. So I'm the villain?
What did I do to deserve this?
- 934. Xiao Yan! Take some advice!
- 935. You should repent! Our friendship
doesn't deserve this!
- 936. Don't leave! Stay here!
- 937. Long time no see, don't go!
- 938. Classmates, calm her down
or Yun-Yun will leave!
- 939. This is not right!
- 940. Xiao Yan invited us!
We are her guests!
- 941. See? I'm the host!
- 942. You're full of shit!
- 943. This is not fair!
- 944. Who asked your opinion?
- 945. You lowlife!
- 946. This is all your fault!
- 947. Xiao Yan and the baby
are coming with me
- 948. You'll never see them again!
- 949. I'll cut off your dick
and feed it to the pigs!
- 950. Let's get Xiao Yan and the baby
out of here!
- 951. Named your baby yet?
- 952. His horoscope's bad?
- 953. Why was Yun-Yun there?
- 954. It was a set-up
- 955. You've been seeing her?
- 956. Not exactly...
- 957. Xiao Yan's been pregnant
- 958. Yun-Yun and I go back a long way
- 959. I've helped her out a little,
out of courtesy
- 960. Paging NJ Jian,
you have a visitor!
- 961. How courteous
- 962. You're one lucky guy
- 963. A nice home and a colorful life!
- 964. I'll take a shower,
help yourself to a drink
- 965. Give me a break,
I have to drive home
- 966. Sleep it off,
start afresh tomorrow
- 967. I wish!
- 968. Go to bed
- 969. A bad day's over
- 970. It's all over
- 971. Fuck!
- 972. Look at this mess!
- 973. Thanks
- 974. All these empty bottles, damn it
- 975. A-Di!
- 976. Can't you answer
while you're running your bath?
- 977. Still mad at me, you bastard?
- 978. What are you doing in there?
I smell gas!
- 979. What happened?
- 980. Open the door!
- 981. Telephone!
Where's the damn phone?
- 982. Open the door, A-Di!
- 983. What were you doing?
- 984. Why did you close the window?
- 985. What were you doing?
- 986. Why didn't you open the window?
- 987. Why was the window closed?
- 988. Why didn't you open it?
- 989. I won't fight with you again
- 990. What happened?
- 991. You seemed fine last night
- 992. Don't scare me
- 993. I'm fine
- 994. What did I do?
- 995. I just took a bath!
- 996. Go ask the gas company
- 997. Check my pager for me
- 998. What a time to page me!
- 999. 2773-7557
- 1000. That's my office!
Why are they paging you?
- 1001. I tried all your numbers!
Lucky we had his pager number
- 1002. What's the rush?
- 1003. We have serious interest
from this guy
- 1004. But he gives us only one hour
- 1005. What guy? Interested in what?
- 1006. Get in
- 1007. You need an 'honest-Iooking' guy
- 1008. Why come to me?
You've sewn it up!
- 1009. Get on board
- 1010. Mind if I don't have a ticket?
- 1011. Boss Huang knows all about Ota
- 1012. You've signed with him, and Boss
Huang wants in at whatever price
- 1013. Today, we'll finalise the details
- 1014. NJ is Ota-san's very old friend!
- 1015. Boss Huang was drinking
with the President all night
- 1016. He's resting now.
Time is tight
- 1017. Wait here a moment
- 1018. Fly to Tokyo and sign
with Ota right away!
- 1019. Get on the next flight
- 1020. Huang used to run game arcades
- 1021. He knows Ota's stuff well
- 1022. As a legislator,
he now supports women's rights...
- 1023. and quotas!
- 1024. Is this gonna make money?
- 1025. This is a long weekend in Japan
- 1026. The noon flight is full,
- 1027. Shall I book a later flight?
You'd get in quite late
- 1028. Why not? Go ahead
- 1029. international call on Line 2.
This person has called before
- 1030. I was away...
running around on business
- 1031. I'll be in Tokyo tomorrow
- 1032. Are you sure?
- 1033. Hang on, I'll check
- 1034. Which hotel am I in?
- 1035. I won't be your go-between!
- 1036. Why come to me again?
What did I say last time?
- 1037. This is for you, Ting-Ting
- 1038. I have to go to Tokyo tomorrow
- 1039. The nurse
will come in every day, but...
- 1040. You'll be on your own, okay?
- 1041. You got here so quickly!
- 1042. So many flights everyday
from Chicago to Tokyo
- 1043. Shall we visit
your father's school?
- 1044. We'll change
from the green line to...
- 1045. the blue
- 1046. That's the exit
- 1047. But the map says this way
- 1048. No, that's the way out
- 1049. The blue line is this way,
that's the Chuo line
- 1050. This reminds me of our first date
- 1051. I was so nervous I had hiccups,
- 1052. I've had hiccups since I was a kid
whenever I'm nervous...
- 1053. I was too nervous to ask why!
- 1054. You were too nervous to breathe!
- 1055. I sweat when I'm nervous,
- 1056. even my feet!
- 1057. Excuse me
- 1058. Rodney and I
don't have children...
- 1059. but he loves kids
- 1060. He's on business a lot
- 1061. We're thinking of adopting
so I'll have company
- 1062. - And you?
- 1063. A girl in high school
and a boy of 8
- 1064. I love my daughter
- 1065. She's growing into a woman.
I get jealous...
- 1066. knowing eventually
she'll be with someone else
- 1067. My son? I want to be his friend...
- 1068. The relationship I always wanted
with my father
- 1069. What time is it?
- 1070. Nine
- 1071. It's almost 10...
that's 8 am in Chicago
- 1072. 9 pm in Taipei
- 1073. Let's find a place for the night
- 1074. Look, this is like
the crossing near our school
- 1075. That's gone now
- 1076. The first time I held your hand...
- 1077. We were at a railroad crossing,
going to the movies
- 1078. I reached for you,
ashamed of my sweaty palm...
- 1079. Now, I'm holding your hand again
- 1080. Only it's a different place...
- 1081. A different time...
- 1082. A different age...
- 1083. But the same sweaty palm
- 1084. Did you like the movie?
- 1085. A bit too serious
- 1086. You prefer comedies?
- 1087. Not really,
but it didn't have to be so sad
- 1088. Life is a mixture
of sad and happy things
- 1089. Movies are so lifelike,
that's why we love them
- 1090. Then who needs movies?
Just stay home and live life!
- 1091. My uncle says...
- 1092. "we live three times as long
since man invented movies"
- 1093. How can that be?
- 1094. It means movies give us twice
what we get from daily life
- 1095. For example, murder
- 1096. We never killed anyone,
but we all know...
- 1097. what it's like to kill.
- 1098. That's what we get from the movies
- 1099. What good is it to me?
- 1100. If life's so horrible,
why live at all?
- 1101. If we're nice to people,
they'll be nice back
- 1102. Who needs to kill anybody?
- 1103. It's only one example
- 1104. There are other things
- 1105. Like he also said...
- 1106. "There's no cloud...
- 1107. "no tree...
- 1108. "that isn't beautiful
- 1109. "So we should be too"
- 1110. I found that very touching
- 1111. It changed me in many ways
- 1112. You make it sound tragic!
- 1113. Shouldn't it sound cheerful?
- 1114. Later I married and had a child,
- 1115. didn't you hear?
- 1116. But I divorced within a year
- 1117. I went to study in Seattle,
married a Chinese-American
- 1118. I had to run away
- 1119. That day...
- 1120. I waited and waited
- 1121. You never showed up
- 1122. I waited because I knew...
- 1123. I'd be ruined if I didn't see you
- 1124. I wouldn't know how to live on!
I'd fall apart!
- 1125. Waiting was my only chance
- 1126. I waited for one day
- 1127. Then for another day
- 1128. I asked friends to find you.
There was no response
- 1129. You just vanished
- 1130. I left without a word
- 1131. Aside from silly excuses,
I had nothing to say
- 1132. I was so angry!
- 1133. You pushed me
to become an engineer
- 1134. Did you ever ask what I wanted?
- 1135. You and my parents were so happy
the day I graduated
- 1136. But me? I was so sad
- 1137. You can't run someone else's life,
dictate how he spends his days...
- 1138. That's sad, you know?
- 1139. And the one doing it
was the one I loved most!
- 1140. So...
- 1141. Do you know how that hurt inside?
- 1142. Do you?
- 1143. How funny...
- 1144. I'm doing exactly
what you wanted me to do
- 1145. And you have a better life
than I could ever give you
- 1146. You were so naive...
- 1147. I thought we'd end up penniless
- 1148. What? You were always after me!
- 1149. Nonsense!
- 1150. You were just standing there
looking at me!
- 1151. I couldn't stand it any longer!
- 1152. Remember what I said?
- 1153. "If you want to talk to me,
get a move on!"
- 1154. Why did you...
- 1155. suddenly fall for me
in high school?
- 1156. It was much earlier
- 1157. In primary school
- 1158. That's when it all started
- 1159. Strange, I just wanted
to see you every day
- 1160. If I missed seeing you,
I'd feel bad all day
- 1161. That's why you gawped...
- 1162. We all wore uniforms
but yours looked different
- 1163. In what way?
- 1164. A very special way...
- 1165. Yang-Yang...
- 1166. You've been in there a long time
- 1167. What are you doing?
- 1168. Say something!
- 1169. Why don't you answer?
- 1170. Hurry up! Come out!
- 1171. What are you doing?
- 1172. What are you playing with?
- 1173. Did you fall into the toilet?
- 1174. What are you doing in there?
- 1175. May I use your mother's bathroom?
- 1176. Of course
- 1177. That'll be from the hospital
- 1178. I'll get it
- 1179. Tell me the truth
- 1180. What?
- 1181. Are you seeing Fatty?
- 1182. No...
- 1183. We're just friends
- 1184. Don't be like this, Ting-Ting
- 1185. Of course she spoke to me too
- 1186. You have known her a long time.
That's how she is
- 1187. You should know by now
- 1188. What is she to you now?
- 1189. Nothing
- 1190. In my heart...
- 1191. there's only you!
- 1192. Is that true?
- 1193. You don't believe me?
- 1194. It's...
- 1195. not right
- 1196. One of my aunts got married here
- 1197. Which one?
- 1198. It was that summer
- 1199. They still dance the twist
- 1200. "Good morning"
- 1201. Good morning? It's almost bedtime!
- 1202. It's the only Japanese word
- 1203. The clerk gave you a strange look
when he handed you two keys
- 1204. Who sleeps
in separate rooms these days?
- 1205. To sleep with someone
means nothing now
- 1206. You're off again
- 1207. But it's true!
- 1208. You dragged me to a hotel first,
- 1209. I was scared, I ran off!
- 1210. I used to think you'd vanish
if I just looked away
- 1211. If you gave yourself to me...
- 1212. you could always hold me
to account for it later, right?
- 1213. Not at all
- 1214. But when you left the room...
- 1215. I knew you didn't love me
- 1216. You still feel that way now?
- 1217. You know how I felt...
- 1218. when you turned away just now?
- 1219. It felt as if
I'd never see you again!
- 1220. I don't want to go on like this
- 1221. I have everything.
What am I afraid of?
- 1222. If I divorced Rodney, I'd be
well off for the rest of my life
- 1223. We could start over,
how about it?
- 1224. I was too insecure,
it was my fault
- 1225. Now I have nothing to fear
- 1226. Let's start a new life, shall we?
- 1227. You're tired, Sherry
- 1228. Don't change the subject!
- 1229. You're scared, right?
- 1230. You never loved me!
- 1231. Admit it!
- 1232. Sherry!
- 1233. Why do I behave like this
whenever I'm with you?
- 1234. Why do I always do that?
- 1235. I'm sorry
- 1236. Why do I always
make the same mistakes?
- 1237. When I know I'll regret them
for the rest of my life?
- 1238. Don't feel sorry
- 1239. Who understands you
better than I do?
- 1240. I think of you...
- 1241. every day of my life, you know?
- 1242. Think?
- 1243. Think...
- 1244. We all need time to think
- 1245. Carefully think
- 1246. Come on
- 1247. This is my business trip!
- 1248. You've handed me a huge workload!
- 1249. It'll take several trips
to deal with!
- 1250. Give me a break,
this is a big job
- 1251. I'm so tired
- 1252. I have to crash
- 1253. I'll pick you up for breakfast
- 1254. Have a good meeting tonight
- 1255. Sherry...
- 1256. I never loved anyone else
- 1257. Can you bring me a pack of cards?
- 1258. Yes, but Morita-san
prohibits gambling here, sir
- 1259. I won't gamble.
- 1260. Then why do you need them?
- 1261. Two warm pots of sake
- 1262. Yes, sir
- 1263. You're not gambling, are you?
- 1264. Who won?
- 1265. I tried to reach you
all day yesterday
- 1266. Relax, I talked to Mr. Ota...
- 1267. Listen, we've signed with Ato
- 1268. That's what I wanted
to tell you yesterday
- 1269. Ato? Why? I thought Boss Huang...
- 1270. He's into quota-representation
for women, I told you...
- 1271. And Ato is a woman?
- 1272. A 34E-cup!
- 1273. Make an excuse
and come back home
- 1274. What do you say, NJ?
- 1275. Nothing! I get it!
- 1276. NJ, what's wrong?
- 1277. Don't get emotional,
this solves our problems
- 1278. We should celebrate!
We didn't promise Ota anything
- 1279. You...
- 1280. You know that hurts!
- 1281. What hurts?
- 1282. Mr. Ota is a good man!
Where's our dignity?
- 1283. What's that got to do
- 1284. I'll ride pillion!
- 1285. I just got back
- 1286. Where's my cup? Can't find it.
- 1287. Fatty, don't feel this way
because of me
- 1288. It's okay. We can still
be friends, I'm still...
- 1289. Still what?
- 1290. Still cheerful, right?
- 1291. It's all crap!
Life's not like your dreams!
- 1292. If it was, you wouldn't need those
love stories to kid yourself!
- 1293. Get lost!
- 1294. Never bug me again!
- 1295. Stay away from me!
- 1296. Believe it, these things happen!
- 1297. When the stars are in alignment,
the gods smile on us!
- 1298. How old is hi-tech? 20 years?
- 1299. Horoscopes are
thousands of years old!
- 1300. Ting-Ting must be back
- 1301. Here's the bank draft
- 1302. That clears my debt
- 1303. That bastard Piggy
is on the run in China!
- 1304. So I rushed to his place
- 1305. It was crawling with cops!
- 1306. The place was empty
and sealed off!
- 1307. So I found this one cop
- 1308. Talked him into letting me in
- 1309. Shit, the creditors
had cleared the place out!
- 1310. Only junk left lying around
- 1311. Still, I found
this funny piece of rock
- 1312. Nobody had seen what it was!
- 1313. How did you get so wet?
Is it raining so hard?
- 1314. Get out of those wet clothes
- 1315. I had it valued,
and the guy's eyes lit up
- 1316. It was antique jade!
- 1317. An 8000-year-old
- 1318. I kept my cool
- 1319. I asked for what Piggy owed me
- 1320. The guy wrote out a cheque
on the spot!
- 1321. It must have been worth a lot more
- 1322. We shouldn't be too greedy!
- 1323. Get out of bed!
- 1324. Just lying there
will make you sick!
- 1325. I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow
- 1326. Stick with me, your horoscope
will improve no end!
- 1327. What's this? For me?
- 1328. This is me!
- 1329. The back of my head!
- 1330. What's this for?
- 1331. You can't see it yourself,
so I help you
- 1332. So that's why!
- 1333. That's why what?
- 1334. I've done nothing bad
- 1335. Why is it so unfair?
- 1336. Unless... you haven't forgiven me
- 1337. Why don't you wake up?
- 1338. Please wake up, will you?
- 1339. Nobody's home.
His daughter must be at school
- 1340. - Which school?
- First Girls' High
- 1341. I'll send a policewoman there
- 1342. Mr Jian is usually home these days
- 1343. "This front passed us
- 1344. "We should now have clear weather
- 1345. "Next up, City News
- 1346. "There was a murder this morning
- 1347. "It happened
in the Da-An district of Taipei
- 1348. "The suspect is a teenager
- 1349. "We cross to the murder site
for a report
- 1350. "This is the suspect.
Nicknamed Fatty, he's a pupil
- 1351. "at a posh school
- 1352. "The victim was an English teacher
named Chen Lihua
- 1353. "We are reliably informed
- 1354. "the suspect's girlfriend
- 1355. "had a sexual relationship
- 1356. "with the victim
- 1357. "The police confirm the victim...
- 1358. "was also involved
with the girl's mother
- 1359. "It complicates the case
- 1360. "The mother works
- 1361. "for a well-known American bank
- 1362. "She had no comment today
- 1363. "The security guard
recalls the suspect...
- 1364. "was seen loitering
near the building yesterday
- 1365. "As the victim left the building
early this morning...
- 1366. "the suspect took a knife
from his satchel and stabbed him
- 1367. "It was reportedly a grisly scene"
- 1368. I thought it was the nurse
- 1369. It's 2.30, she's still not here!
- 1370. I was at the police station
- 1371. I can't face going back to school
- 1372. I haven't slept for so long
- 1373. I'm so tired, Grandma
- 1374. Now...
- 1375. you've forgiven me...
- 1376. I can sleep
- 1377. Grandma...
- 1378. Why is the world so different
from what we thought it was?
- 1379. Now that you're awake...
- 1380. and see it again...
- 1381. has it changed at all?
- 1382. Now...
- 1383. I close my eyes...
- 1384. the world I see...
- 1385. is so beautiful
- 1386. Migo, this isn't a joke
- 1387. Why would I kid you?
- 1388. Yes, Migo
- 1389. I'm not kidding
- 1390. Migo...
- 1391. calm down!
- 1392. I feel it's my fault
- 1393. If I'd come earlier,
this might not have happened
- 1394. It's all my fault
- 1395. Don't be so upset
- 1396. It's my mother's funeral!
Money is not a problem!
- 1397. Unfortunately
I was out all day today
- 1398. It must have been a peaceful end
- 1399. Even if someone were home,
they wouldn't have noticed
- 1400. Listen, stay in your room, okay?
- 1401. It was about 3 hours ago,
around 2.30 pm
- 1402. Nothing's changed here
- 1403. The kids are both fine
- 1404. How was it up the mountain?
- 1405. It was fine
- 1406. Actually, it was much the same...
- 1407. Just like...
- 1408. talking to Mother
- 1409. But with the roles reversed
- 1410. I was like Mother,
they were like me
- 1411. They took turns to talk to me,
the same things every time
- 1412. Several times a day
- 1413. I've come to realise...
- 1414. things aren't really
- 1415. Why did they ever seem so?
- 1416. Right
- 1417. How can I say this?
- 1418. While you were away,
- 1419. I had a chance to relive
part of my youth
- 1420. My first thought...
- 1421. was that I could...
- 1422. make things turn out differently
- 1423. But...
- 1424. they turned out the same,
or not much different
- 1425. I suddenly realised that...
- 1426. even if I was given
a second chance...
- 1427. I wouldn't need it
- 1428. I really wouldn't
- 1429. Why did you have to leave us?
- 1430. How could you leave us?
- 1431. A-Di and I
can't go on without you!
- 1432. Come back to us!
- 1433. You were right again
- 1434. It was a waste of time
- 1435. Ato's copies were terrible
- 1436. Buyers are too smart now
- 1437. No one buys cheap imitations
- 1438. Boss Huang is no slouch
- 1439. Ato is now his mistress,
- 1440. She just sits
by the pool half-naked...
- 1441. and the cash comes rolling in
- 1442. One smart lady!
- 1443. Come back, NJ
- 1444. Rejoin the team.
We go back so far
- 1445. Staying home all day
is no solution!
- 1446. I've worked my butt off
all these years!
- 1447. I didn't do it for fun!
- 1448. You know, NJ, I'm never happy
- 1449. When you don't love what you do...
- 1450. how could you be?
- 1451. Can I speak to Grandma?
- 1452. Of course, go ahead
- 1453. I'm sorry, Grandma
- 1454. It wasn't that
I didn't want to talk to you
- 1455. I think all the stuff
I could tell you...
- 1456. you must already know
- 1457. Otherwise, you wouldn't always
tell me to "Listen!"
- 1458. They all say you've gone away
- 1459. But you didn't tell me
where you went
- 1460. I guess it's someplace
you think I should know
- 1461. But, Grandma, I know so little
- 1462. Do you know what I want to do...
- 1463. when I grow up?
- 1464. I want to tell people
things they don't know
- 1465. Show them stuff they haven't seen
- 1466. It'll be so much fun
- 1467. Perhaps one day...
- 1468. I'll find out where you've gone
- 1469. If I do, can I tell everyone...
- 1470. and bring them to visit you?
- 1471. Grandma...
- 1472. I miss you
- 1473. Especially when I see...
- 1474. my newborn cousin
who still doesn't have a name
- 1475. He reminds me that you always said
you felt old
- 1476. I want to tell him
that I feel
- 1477. I am old too