- 1. Mutants...
- 2. born with extraordinary abilities...
- 3. and yet, still, they are children
stumbling in the dark...
- 4. searching for guidance.
- 5. A gift can often be a curse.
- 6. Give someone wings,
and they may fly too close to the sun.
- 7. Give them the power of prophecy...
- 8. And they may live in fear
of the future.
- 9. Give them the greatest
gifts of all...
- 10. powers beyond imagination...
- 11. and they may think they're meant
to rule the world.
- 12. En Sabah Nut.
- 13. En Sabah Nut.
- 14. Now you will rule for eternity, my lord.
- 15. Sleep.
- 16. Let the transference begin.
- 17. Death to the false god.
- 18. Protect him!
- 19. As everyone knows, the existence
of mutants was first discovered...
- 20. during the Paris Peace Accords,
after the Vietnam War in 1973.
- 21. Six days later, we all watched
as one of those mutants...
- 22. Erik Lehnsherr, attacked the President...
- 23. and the Cabinet on the lawn
of the White House.
- 24. Their lives were saved
by a young mutant who stopped him.
- 25. Now, Lehnsherr escaped and became
the world's most-wanted fugitive.
- 26. And as for her,
she disappeared as well.
- 27. But she has become the symbol
of a new age...
- 28. the face of a world
that will never be the same again.
- 29. You winking at my girl?
- 30. Your girl?
- 31. I guess you do look old enough
to be her father.
- 32. Excuse me, gentlemen...
- 33. is there something you'd like
to share with the rest of the class?
- 34. Can I please go to the bathroom?
- 35. I think there's something
seriously wrong with my eyes.
- 36. Fine, Scott.
- 37. why don't you stop by the principal's
office and explain to him...
- 38. that you're disrupting class again?
- 39. I trust you know the way.
- 40. - Yeah, I do.
- 41. No, hang on! Hang on!
- 42. Hey!
- 43. Now, I know most of you were, what?
- 44. Around seven years old
at that time?
- 45. Summers!
- 46. I know you're in here.
- 47. What, are you crying?
- 48. I haven't even kicked your ass yet.
- 49. Summers! You want to eyeball my girl?
- 50. Yeah!
- 51. Ten fights waged.
- 52. Ten fights won.
- 53. The Winged Warrior.
- 54. The Bird of Prey.
- 55. The Angel of Death.
- 56. ANGEL!
- 57. Yeah!
- 58. Let's hear it for the fat man!
- 59. Our next challenger...
- 60. comes straight...
- 61. from the Munich Circus.
- 62. Ladies and gentlemen,
- 63. the only one that could take on an Angel...
- 64. is the Devil himself.
- 65. L9iVe you...
- 66. the amazing...
- 67. the fantastic...
- 68. NIGHTCRAWLER!
- 69. Caution
- 70. High voltage!
- 71. Sorry mutants!
- 72. Hey.
- 73. Did you get lost little mouse?
- 74. The fight is over there.
- 75. Fight!
- 76. Or they'll kill us both!
- 77. And it's about to get exciting.
- 78. Ah, you mean this?
- 79. Nightcrawler!
- 80. Nightcrawler! Nightcrawler!
- 81. I'm sorry.
- 82. I'm sorry!
- 83. They went that way!
- 84. You can...
- 85. transform.
- 86. You're her.
- 87. - The hero.
- I'm nobody.
- 88. I'm not a hero.
- 89. Let's get out of here.
- 90. Have a good night, Henryk.
- 91. You too, Milosz.
- 92. Hi Honey.
- 93. Hi.
- 94. Good day?
- 95. Better now.
- 96. Where's Nina?
- 97. Out back. With her friends.
- 98. Where did you learn that song, Papa?
- 99. I learned it from my parents.
- 100. And they learned it from their parents.
- 101. And them from theirs.
- 102. And one day...
- 103. you'll sing it to your children, too.
- 104. What happened to them?
- 105. Your parents.
- 106. They were taken from me...
- 107. when I was a little boy.
- 108. But they're still here.
- 109. Inside.
- 110. And here.
- 111. With you.
- 112. Is someone going to take you away?
- 113. Never.
- 114. I guess we're more alike than we thought.
- 115. He won't listen to us.
- 116. He's just... He's being...
- 117. Scott.
- 118. Let me try.
- 119. Smells pretty old in here.
- 120. Is this a school or a museum?
- 121. One more. And last one.
- 122. There you go.
- 123. I'll see you guys.
- 124. Watch where you're going.
- 125. I can't.
- 126. Who are you talking to?
- 127. Me.
- 128. I just heard you in my head.
- 129. I'm telepathic. I read minds.
- 130. Well, stay out of mine.
- 131. I don't need some weird girl
creeping around in there.
- 132. Don't worry, Scott.
There's not much to see.
- 133. Hey, wait.
I didn't tell you my name.
- 134. No, you didn't.
- 135. Alex Summers?
- 136. Hank McCoy!
- 137. Whoa! What happened to the
big, blue, furry you?
- 138. I keep him under control now.
- 139. This is my brother, Scott.
- 140. Hey, Scott. I'm Hank McCoy.
I'm one of the teachers here.
- 141. Where's the professor?
- 142. "To break forth bloodily,
then the past must be obliterated...
- 143. "and a new start made.
- 144. "Let us now start fresh...
- 145. "without remembrance...
- 146. "rather than live forward and backward
at the same time."
- 147. Now, what on earth do we think
that the author meant...
- 148. when he wrote all that?
- 149. That's going to be
your assignment for tomorrow.
- 150. Top marks, everyone.
- 151. Alex.
- 152. - It's good to see you.
- You too.
- 153. You look well. It's been a while.
- 154. It has. Not too bad yourself.
- 155. Thank you.
- 156. This is my brother, Scott.
- 157. Hello, Scott.
Welcome to the School for the Gifted.
- 158. Yeah. It doesn't exactly feel like a gift.
- 159. It never does, at first.
- 160. The first step in
understanding one's power...
- 161. is learning the extent of it.
- 162. Only then can we begin the process
of teaching you how to control it.
- 163. If you do decide to stay,
I can promise you...
- 164. that by the time you're done here,
you'll be able to go back into the world...
- 165. and play a stable and productive part in it.
- 166. Why don't you take your bandages off...
- 167. and we can have a look
at what we're dealing with here?
- 168. Alex, would you line him up?
Face him in the right direction, as it were.
- 169. There's a target just across the water.
- 170. When you open your eyes,
try and hit that.
- 171. You can open your eyes, Scott.
- 172. There's nothing to be afraid of.
- 173. Look out! Get back!
- 174. Get back! Get back!
- 175. My grandfather planted that tree
when he was five years old.
- 176. I used to swing...
- 177. from the branches of it, myself.
- 178. I think that was probably
my favorite tree.
- 179. Does that mean I'm expelled?
- 180. On the contrary.
- 181. You're enrolled.
- 182. Do you sell rugs?
- 183. You're not allowed in this area.
- 184. This rug is for sale?
- 185. I said, this —
- 186. Earthquake!
- 187. Back to bed, please, my darling.
Back to bed.
- 188. She's doing it again.
- 189. Back to bed, please, everyone.
- 190. Jesse, back to bed, please.
- 191. Come on now. Spit-spot, back to bed.
- 192. Carrie Anne, come on now. Back to bed.
- 193. Never seen it like this.
- 194. Nor I.
- 195. Don't let any of the children
come this way.
- 196. Jean.
- 197. Jean!
- 198. Jean!
- 199. I saw the end of the world.
- 200. I could feel...
- 201. all this death.
- 202. It was just a dream.
- 203. No, it felt real.
- 204. I know.
- 205. Your mind is the most powerful
I've ever seen.
- 206. It can convince itself...
- 207. No, no...
- 208. It's not just the mind-reading
or the telekinesis...
- 209. it's something else.
- 210. Some dark power inside
and it's growing.
- 211. Like a fire.
- 212. I thought I was getting better.
- 213. You are.
- 214. You Will.
- 215. You just have to be patient.
- 216. No, no. You don't know what it's like
to be afraid to shut your eyes.
- 217. To be trapped inside your own head.
- 218. Oh, I think I do.
- 219. It wasn't so long ago that
I was plagued by voices, myself.
- 220. All their suffering.
- 221. All their pain.
- 222. Their secrets.
- 223. I'm afraid one day
I'm going to hurt someone.
- 224. Lie back.
- 225. Everyone fears that
which they do not understand.
- 226. You will learn to control your powers.
- 227. And when you do...
- 228. you'll have nothing to fear.
- 229. Her nightmares were different this time.
- 230. It could account for something I saw
when I was in my lab earlier.
- 231. There was some kind of tremor.
Like an energy surge.
- 232. I picked it up on one of my meters.
- 233. You're saying Jean created it?
- 234. No. I'm saying something else did.
- 235. Maybe she was reacting to it.
I don't know.
- 236. But the epicenter was
halfway around the world.
- 237. Halfway around the world?
- 238. That's why I was hoping you could
take a look.
- 239. Let's see what we can find.
- 240. Welcome, Professor.
- 241. Okay, the source came from Cairo.
- 242. I'll put in the coordinates.
- 243. I gotta get out of here.
- 244. Give them a report.
- 245. What? What is it?
- 246. Something happened here.
I can tell them it's real.
- 247. It's her.
- 248. Who?
- 249. - Moira.
- 250. Moira MacTaggert?
- 251. Give me the details.
- 252. She looks amazing.
She's barely aged a day.
- 253. No. I meant...
- 254. What is she doing there?
- 255. What does the CIA want with this?
- 256. She's going back to Langley
to deliver a report.
- 257. I'm going to go there...
- 258. see if she knows something
about the tremor.
- 259. And you want to go see Moira.
- 260. I want to go check her out.
- 261. the situation.
- 262. Moira MacTaggert.
- 263. It's like a ghost from the past.
- 264. You did a good thing.
You saved that man.
- 265. That's not the point.
- 266. If I'm exposed, we're all exposed.
- 267. We have to go.
- 268. This is our home.
- 269. This is our daughter's home.
- 270. We are her home.
- 271. I told you who I was,
the first night I met you.
- 272. I trusted you then.
- 273. I need you to trust me now.
- 274. We can't stay here anymore.
- 275. I'll get Nina.
- 276. Sweetheart.
- 277. She's not in her room.
- 278. And I don't see her out back.
- 279. Nina?
- 280. Nina!
- 281. Nina!
- 282. Nina!
- 283. Nina!
- 284. Nina.
- 285. Are you alright?
- 286. She's fine.
- 287. Then let her go!
- 288. We Will.
- 289. We just wanted to have a word
- 290. You're not wearing your badges.
- 291. No metal.
- 292. Some guys at the factory said
they saw something today.
- 293. Something that didn't add up.
- 294. Put your weapons away.
- 295. You've been a good citizen, Henryk...
- 296. A good neighbor... a good worker.
- 297. I want to believe that's who you are.
- 298. It is.
- 299. But nobody in this town really knows you.
- 300. Yes you do.
- 301. I am Henryk Gurzsky.
- 302. Jakob, I've had dinner in your home...
- 303. And you were lying the whole time.
- 304. I brought a killer into my house.
- 305. Is this you?
- 306. Are you the one they call Magneto?
- 307. Take me in.
- 308. Please...
- 309. Just let my daughter go.
- 310. Go with your mother.
- 311. Please...!
- 312. Don't leave me.
- 313. I'm not going to let them take you.
- 314. Nina.
- 315. Nina.
- 316. Nina.
- 317. What's going on?
- 318. She's one of them?
- 319. Tell her to stop!
- 320. She can't control it!
- 321. She's scared of you!
- 322. I'm not going to let them take you!
- 323. Make her stop!
- 324. Nina! Nina!
- 325. Nina.
- 326. Nina, Nina, no...
- 327. No, please. Please!
- 328. Please.
- 329. Please.
- 330. Not my babies.
- 331. Not my babies.
- 332. Is this what you want from me?
- 333. Is this what I am?
- 334. Is this what I am?
- 335. You know what we do to thieves.
- 336. Pick a hand.
- 337. Enough.
- 338. If you're with her, I suggest you walk away.
- 339. While you still can.
- 340. Walk away
- 341. Who rules this world?
- 342. What language is that?
- 343. Clown-face. What's the deal?
- 344. Beat it!
- 345. I'm sorry.
- 346. You can't feel it, can you?
- 347. Now you feel it.
- 348. So you really haven't seen her
in all these years?
- 349. You never looked her up?
Not even in Cerebro?
- 350. Alex! What do you take me for,
some kind of pervert?
- 351. Yes, I looked her up once. Twice.
- 352. But not in a long time, all right?
- 353. How did you leave things?
Any hard feelings?
- 354. Not likely.
- 355. Everybody take a break.
- 356. I wiped her mind of all memories of us.
- 357. The beach, Cuba...
- 358. that whole time.
- 359. It was so long ago, Alex.
- 360. Before the world knew about mutants.
- 361. I felt it was the best thing for her.
- 362. And for you?
- 363. Didn't really matter
what was best for me.
- 364. Moira...
- 365. MacTaggert, hello!
- 366. Allow me to introduce myself.
- 367. - I'm Professor...
- Charles Xavier.
- 368. - I know exactly who you are.
- You do?
- 369. Of course I do.
- 370. I have read all of your papers.
- 371. It's a pleasure to finally meet you.
- 372. Moira MacTaggert.
- 373. - Alex Summers.
- Have a seat.
- 374. Just throw that on the floor.
- 375. It's wonderful to see you again.
- 376. To meet you again, for the first time.
- 377. You've got a son?
- 378. Yes.
- 379. Does he have a husband?
- 380. Do you have a husband?
- 381. I had a husband...
- 382. but it's hard to do this job
and make it home in time for dinner.
- 383. Good, good.
- 384. We all make choices, right?
- 385. Yes, we do.
- 386. - Professor.
- 387. Yes.
- 388. I was, we were hoping that you would...
- 389. tell us about what happened
yesterday in Egypt.
- 390. I'm afraid
that's classified information.
- 391. I don't mean to be rude...
- 392. but how did you get in here?
- 393. I have level-five clearance.
- 394. Ever since the world found out
about mutants in '73...
- 395. there have been cults
who see them as some kind of...
- 396. Second Coming or sign of God.
- 397. I was tracking one of them.
- 398. They call themselves Ashir En Sabah Nur...
- 399. named after an ancient being
they believe to be the world's first.
- 400. The world's first what?
- 401. The world's first mutant.
- 402. I thought mutants didn't evolve
until this century.
- 403. That's the common theory, yes,
but these guys believe...
- 404. that the first mutant was born
tens of thousands of years ago.
- 405. And they believe he will rise again.
- 406. They've been searching ancient sites
all around the world for clues.
- 407. These hieroglyphs...
- 408. describe a specific set of powers
greater than any man could possess.
- 409. They think he lived all that time?
- 410. Yes and no.
They believe he had the ability...
- 411. to transfer his consciousness
from body to body.
- 412. And whenever he was close to death...
- 413. he would just take on a new body.
- 414. Some of these may have been
the bodies of mutants...
- 415. enabling him to take their powers...
- 416. amassing various abilities
over the years.
- 417. - An all-powerful mutant.
- 418. And wherever this being was
he always had four...
- 419. principle followers.
- 420. Protectors he would imbue with powers.
- 421. Like the Four Horsemen...
- 422. of the Apocalypse.
- 423. He got that one from the Bible.
- 424. Or the Bible got it from him.
- 425. And wherever he ruled...
- 426. eventually, it would end in disaster.
- 427. Cataclysm.
- 428. Some kind of...
- 429. Apocalypse
- 430. The end of the world.
- 431. I must say, Apollo...
- 432. the way you ape human behavior
- 433. I am Apollo.
- 434. I've never seen another
mutant in this town.
- 435. You speak Egyptian?
- 436. Arabic?
- 437. Enghsh?
- 438. I'm a scientist.
- 439. My particular specialty...
- 440. Great fighter.
- 441. She's my hero.
- 442. I want to be like her.
- 443. There's some food here. Not much.
- 444. I don't believe it.
- 445. You love me.
- 446. Love you?
- 447. Illogical.
- 448. I'm not some simple shepherdess
you can awe.
- 449. Why, I could no more love you...
- 450. than I could love a new species
- 451. What are you doing?
- 452. Learning.
- 453. In the streets, there is outrage against
the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan...
- 454. in a brotherhood of our kind.
- 455. Several demonstrations.
- 456. One of them was held in Boston,
and Bruce Morton has the story.
- 457. Since the advent of nuclear weapons,
the United States does not start fights.
- 458. Weapons.
- 459. Never before has man
possessed so much power.
- 460. Soviet Union and
United States being superpowers...
- 461. Superpowers.
- 462. The weak...
- 463. have taken the earth.
- 464. For this, I was betrayed.
- 465. False gods.
- 466. Idols.
- 467. No more.
- 468. I have returned.
- 469. A new tomorrow...
- 470. that starts today.
- 471. Where did you come from?
- 472. A time before man lost his way.
- 473. Welcome to the '80s.
- 474. This world needs to be...
- 475. Cleansed.
- 476. What?
- 477. Saved.
- 478. You can't save the world...
- 479. just going around killing people.
- 480. There's laws, systems in place...
- 481. for that kind of thing.
- 482. My child...
- 483. why do you enslave yourself?
- 484. What are you doing?
- 485. Making you stronger.
- 486. My goddess.
- 487. Aphrodite.
- 488. You were right.
- 489. Yes.
- 490. You were right.
- 491. The time is past.
- 492. There is no room for gods.
- 493. Why can't I go with you?
- 494. I told you, I work alone.
- 495. Wait there.
- 496. Always good to see your face.
- 497. Even if it's not yours.
- 498. Papers and passage for one.
- 499. Where's the gentleman going,
if I may ask?
- 500. Don't know, don't care.
- 501. I just save his life.
What he does with it is up to him.
- 502. Mystique, the mercenary.
- 503. Don't call me that.
- 504. No matter how much you pretend
to be someone else...
- 505. Caliban knows who you are.
- 506. If there's anything worth knowing
- 507. Caliban knows it.
- 508. Mystique.
- 509. Why don't you ask your psychics...
- 510. what'll happen to you
if you keep pushing me?
- 511. What'll happen?
- 512. Psylocke gets a little jealous.
- 513. But Caliban likes you.
- 514. Caliban likes money.
- 515. Caliban likes you so much...
- 516. he wants to give you free information...
- 517. about an old friend...
- 518. from back when you had friends.
- 519. Do you remember...
- 520. Erik Lehnsherr?
- 521. My girls got a flash of him in Poland.
- 522. He left quite a few dead bodies
in his wake...
- 523. including his wife and daughter.
- 524. Should be in the news soon enough...
- 525. but Caliban gives you
a little head start.
- 526. - How fast are you?
- How fast?
- 527. How far can you cover?
- 528. As far as I can see
or if I've been there before.
- 529. Come with me, Crawler.
- 530. Actually, it's Nightcrawler.
- 531. And my real name is...
- 532. Kurt Wagner.
- 533. The lenses are made of
some ruby quartz I had lying around.
- 534. They should be able to
refract your optic beams...
- 535. and keep them contained
within their own vector fields.
- 536. Try them on.
- 537. Okay.
- 538. Go ahead.
- 539. Wait, sorry, no.
- 540. Okay.
- 541. - Now?
- Yeah, you're good.
- 542. All right.
- 543. Whoa.
- 544. I can see.
- 545. Thank you.
- 546. Professor, thank you. You're a genius.
- 547. No.
- 548. I'm not a professor.
- 549. Who's that?
- 550. I believe you two met. That's Jean Grey.
- 551. You bumped into her when you arrived.
- 552. - Wait, that's her?
- 553. Hey.
- 554. You can see.
- 555. Yeah. It's not as bad as I thought here.
- 556. Freak.
- 557. - Someone should warn the new kid.
- Yeah. Someone should tell him.
- 558. They're still scared of me.
- 559. Hey, I have special glasses now.
- 560. They're not scared of you.
- 561. They're scared of me.
- 562. You're not the only one who
can't fully control your powers.
- 563. Wait, so...
- 564. last night, when the house shook...
- 565. that was you?
- 566. Sorry to break it to you, but you're not
the biggest freak in the school.
- 567. Well, that's a first.
- 568. Raven.
- 569. Wow.
- 570. I... You're...
- 571. Not blue?
- 572. Looks like you and I
have that in common, now.
- 573. No, no, I meant...
- 574. you're back.
- 575. Never thought I'd see you here again.
- 576. Yeah, me neither.
- 577. I'm blue.
- 578. I'm Kurt.
- 579. Oh, right.
- 580. Kurt Wagner.
- 581. Welcome.
- 582. We're closed.
- 583. I knew I felt a chill in the air.
- 584. How did you get in here?
- 585. We let ourselves in.
- 586. We are looking for mutants.
- 587. Since you know where to find them,
we came here.
- 588. Caliban doesn't know you.
- 589. We're looking for the strongest.
- 590. Everything all right?
- 591. I'm fine, Psylocke.
- 592. How much money do you have?
- 593. None.
- 594. Like Caliban said...
- 595. we are closed. Yeah?
- 596. I need your help, my child.
- 597. You don't look like Caliban's father.
- 598. Maybe a little bit up here.
- 599. You are all my children...
- 600. and you're lost, because you follow
- 601. These false gods...
- 602. systems of the weak.
- 603. They've ruined my world...
- 604. No more.
- 605. What do you want?
- 606. I want you...
- 607. to feel the full reach of your power.
- 608. You've only had a taste
of your true strength.
- 609. Unlike others...
- 610. who seek to control you...
- 611. I want to set you free.
- 612. I know the kind of mutants
you're looking for.
- 613. And I know where to find them.
- 614. It's my first time in America.
- 615. I'm very excited to see your culture.
- 616. Well, you're not gonna see it here.
- 617. The only thing American about this place
is that it used to be British.
- 618. This is Scott.
- 619. He's new here, too.
- 620. And I'm already up for a prison break.
- 621. What do we say, we take this blue guy
on a little field trip?
- 622. I'm sure there's a
mall around here, somewhere.
- 623. What's a mall?
- 624. What's a mall?
- 625. All right, now this is a matter of
national pride. Civic duty.
- 626. Scott.
- 627. What? You've been cooped up here
for a long time...
- 628. and the Professor's not even home.
- 629. I'd like to go to the mall.
- 630. Try it.
- 631. All right.
- 632. Where does he keep his cars?
- 633. Or should I say "piss off"?
- 634. This is the guy?
- 635. He used to be.
- 636. I didn't know his wings were...
- 637. Let's get out of here.
- 638. His fighting days are done.
- 639. No, they're not.
- 640. What the hell is this?
- 641. I want to give you something.
- 642. There's nothing you can give me
that I want.
- 643. Yes, there is.
- 644. Yes, my son.
- 645. Yes.
- 646. Rise, my angel.
- 647. Rise.
- 648. Wow.
- 649. Hypersonic, blast resistant,
- 650. That's impressive.
- 651. How are you ever gonna
get it out of here?
- 652. Well, that's okay.
- 653. I built a retractable roof
into the basketball court.
- 654. Hank, you're building a warplane
- 655. After what happened in Washington,
I thought we were going to come back...
- 656. and start the X-Men,
like we all used to talk about.
- 657. But...
- 658. Charles wants students, not soldiers.
- 659. And he thinks the best of people.
- 660. He has hope.
- 661. And you?
- 662. You know, I think we should
hope for the best.
- 663. And prepare for the worst.
- 664. I think the world needs the X-Men.
- 665. And maybe now that you're back,
you could help me convince him.
- 666. We could start it together.
- 667. Hank, I'm here about Erik.
- 668. Right. Erik.
- 669. Yeah. Of course.
- 670. Of course.
- 671. I think he might be
in some kind of trouble.
- 672. Real trouble.
- 673. Isn't he always?
- 674. Some of you spoke to the police...
- 675. about what you believe
you witnessed here yesterday.
- 676. You want to know my powers...
- 677. know who I am...
- 678. see what I can do?
- 679. I'll show you.
- 680. Think of the person you love most
in your life.
- 681. Your wife.
- 682. Mother.
- 683. Daughter.
- 684. Now that person will know what it is
to lose someone they love.
- 685. And live with that pain.
- 686. Forever.
- 687. Henryk, please.
- 688. Don't do this.
- 689. My name isn't Henryk.
- 690. My name is Magneto.
- 691. Who the fuck are you?
- 692. Stay back.
- 693. Whoever you are...
- 694. don't try to stop me
from killing these men.
- 695. I'm not here for them.
- 696. I'm here for you.
- 697. Come and see.
- 698. This is where your power was born.
- 699. And this is where
your people were slaughtered.
- 700. You shouldn't have brought me here.
- 701. Why?
- 702. Are you afraid to be here?
- 703. You can't escape it, Erik.
- 704. Who are you?
- 705. Elohim, Shen, Ra.
- 706. I've been called many names
over many lifetimes.
- 707. I am born of death.
- 708. I was there to spark...
- 709. and fan the flame of man's awakening.
- 710. To spin the wheel of civilization.
- 711. And when the forest would grow rank...
- 712. and needed clearing for new growth...
- 713. I was there to set it ablaze.
- 714. Where were you...
- 715. when my father and mother
were slaughtered in this place?
- 716. Asleep.
- 717. Trapped in darkness.
- 718. I was not there for you, my son.
- 719. But I am here now.
- 720. You don't know your own strength,
- 721. Reach down.
- 722. Feel the metal...
- 723. in the ground.
- 724. Reach as deep as you can.
- 725. You'll find you have the power...
- 726. to move the very Earth itself.
- 727. Everything they've built will fall!
- 728. And from the ashes of their world...
- 729. we'll build a better one!
- 730. Lehnsherr was identified yesterday,
in this small town in central Poland.
- 731. Leaders from all communities are urging
their citizens to remain calm.
- 732. As police and armed forces
are mobilizing to find Lehnsherr...
- 733. before he can strike again.
- 734. If anyone has information
- 735. or as he is also known, Magneto...
- 736. contact your local authorities
- 737. and proceed with caution...
- 738. - as he is considered extremely...
- 739. What's up?
- 740. Just checking on you.
- 741. I'm good. Playing Pas-Man.
- 742. You sure you weren't watching this?
- 743. This news comes at a time when the world
is celebrating 10 years of peace...
- 744. between mutants and mankind.
- 745. You're going after him, aren't you?
- 746. You wanted me
to get out of the house more, right?
- 747. I can't stop you. Nobody can.
- 748. But trust me, this won't end well.
- 749. Nothing does with him.
- 750. I'm not afraid of him.
- 751. You should be.
- 752. I've read so much about this place.
- 753. But being here,
it actually seems kind of...
- 754. familiar.
- 755. Strange.
- 756. Quite.
- 757. Shall we?
- 758. I'm just saying,
Empire is still the best.
- 759. It's the most complex,
the most sophisticated...
- 760. wasn't afraid to have a dark ending.
- 761. Yeah, but come on.
If it wasn't for the first one...
- 762. you wouldn't have any of the rest
of the movies.
- 763. Well, at least we can all agree,
the third one's always the worst.
- 764. Hank. Are you in here?
- 765. I'd like you to meet...
- 766. Moira.
- 767. Raven.
- 768. I'm sorry, have we met?
- 769. Hank, Alex, Agent MacTaggert...
- 770. would you give us just one moment,
- 771. Of course.
- 772. Charles, why didn't she recognize me?
She knew me in this form.
- 773. Well, after you
left me on the beach in Cuba...
- 774. I took her memories of that time.
Have a seat.
- 775. Lucky girl.
- 776. It's good to see you, Raven.
- 777. - Welcome home.
- This isn't my home.
- 778. It was once.
- 779. No, it was your home.
I just lived here.
- 780. And I barely even recognize it now.
- 781. You know, I have plans for this place.
- 782. I mean to turn it into a real campus.
- 783. A university.
- 784. Not just for mutants, either,
for humans too.
- 785. Living and working...
- 786. growing together.
- 787. You know, I really believed that once.
- 788. I really believed we could change them
- 789. We did.
- 790. No, Charles.
They still hate and fear us.
- 791. It's just harder to see
because they're more polite about it.
- 792. I got sick of living that lie.
- 793. That's why you're not in your
natural blue form.
- 794. I'm not gonna be the face of a world
that doesn't exist.
- 795. Things are better.
The world is better.
- 796. Maybe in Westchester.
- 797. Out there, mutants are still running...
- 798. hiding, living in fear.
- 799. Just because there's not a war,
doesn't mean there's peace.
- 800. You want to teach your kids something,
teach them that.
- 801. Teach them to fight.
- 802. Otherwise they might as well live
in this house for the rest of their lives.
- 803. You still sound just like him.
- 804. You sound just like Erik.
- 805. That's why I'm here.
- 806. He's resurfaced.
- 807. He had a wife and a child.
- 808. They were killed.
- 809. Along with a handful of policemen.
- 810. The whole world will be looking for him.
- 811. But you can help me find him
before they do.
- 812. Moira, I'm going to have to ask you
to keep this a secret.
- 813. I don't even know what this is.
- 814. It's Cerebro.
- 815. The new model.
- 816. I based the color on...
- 817. It doesn't matter.
- 818. What are those?
- 819. Those are all the humans of the world.
- 820. And these...
- 821. are all the mutants.
- 822. I'm connected to all of their minds.
- 823. The CIA would kill for this.
- 824. I know they would.
- 825. Where are you, Erik?
- 826. Charles?
- 827. Hello, old friend.
- 828. I'm sorry. I am so sorry!
- 829. I feel your pain.
- 830. And your loss.
- 831. You think because you can
see into my head...
- 832. you know how it feels?
- 833. You're looking in the wrong place,
- 834. What happened to them,
it was terribly wrong.
- 835. But come back to us.
- 836. I can help you.
- 837. Help me?
- 838. Think of your wife,
think of your daughter.
- 839. What would they have wanted?
- 840. They would have wanted to live.
- 841. I tried your way, Charles.
- 842. I tried to be like them.
- 843. Live like them.
- 844. But it always ends the same way.
- 845. They took everything away from me.
- 846. Now...
- 847. we'll take everything from them.
- 848. Hank...
- 849. he's not alone.
- 850. Extraordinary.
- 851. What do you see?
- 852. The answer.
- 853. Hey, Charles, wait.
- 854. Oh, my God.
- 855. Thank you for letting me in.
- 856. Charles, get out!
- 857. I've never felt power like this before.
- 858. Charles...
- 859. Charles, get out of there.
- 860. What's going on? What's happening?
- 861. I think...
- 862. Someone's taken over Cerebro.
- 863. - They've taken control of it.
- To do what?
- 864. To connect.
- 865. Always the same.
- 866. And now, all this.
- 867. No more stones.
- 868. No more spears.
- 869. No more slings.
- 870. No more swords.
- 871. No more weapons!
- 872. No more systems!
- 873. No more!
- 874. No more superpowers.
- 875. Charles!
- 876. Hank!
- 877. What the hell is going on?
- 878. Who's turning the keys?
- 879. The men are.
- 880. Who green-lit the launch?
- 881. Hank, do something!
- 882. It won't shut down!
- 883. We've lost contact
with all Trident and Polaris subs.
- 884. The Air Force is reporting
the same thing.
- 885. So much faith in their tools...
- 886. and their machines.
- 887. Russia, China...
- 888. England, Israel, India.
- 889. Everybody's got nukes in the air.
- 890. What's the target?
- 891. Where are they going?
- 892. Up, straight up.
- 893. Alex...
- 894. - What?
- Destroy it!
- 895. Destroy everything. Destroy Cerebro!
- 896. Wreak havoc!
- 897. You can fire your arrows...
- 898. from the Tower of Babel...
- 899. but you can never strike God!
- 900. Charles, are you okay?
- 901. Erik.
- 902. Charles!
- 903. Alex!
- 904. Hey!
- 905. Hey, asshole!
- 906. All will be revealed, my child.
- 907. Stop!
- 908. No!
- 909. Wow!
- 910. Where did you...
- 911. I was looking for the Professor.
I thought he lived here.
- 912. They took him.
- 913. She's the one. It's her.
- 914. Are you sure?
- 915. Is she gonna help us?
- 916. They look up to you.
- 917. Right now...
- 918. they need you.
- 919. That's not what they need.
- 920. That's awesome!
- 921. What happened?
- 922. Where's Alex?
- 923. Where's my brother?
- 924. Pretty sure I got everybody.
- 925. Alex was closest to the blast.
- 926. Alex...
- 927. We're one click out.
- 928. All right, boys. This is it.
- 929. Scott.
- 930. Medical assistance is on the way.
- 931. Please remain calm.
- 932. Medical assistance is on the way.
- 933. Please remain calm.
- 934. Medical assistance is on the way.
- 935. Please remain calm.
- 936. Medical assistance is on the way.
- 937. Hey! Moira MacTaggert!
- 938. CIA! Thank God you're here!
- 939. Wait!
- 940. Fire!
- 941. I want her.
- 942. Him.
- 943. Him.
- 944. - And her.
- Yes, sir.
- 945. Leave the kids.
- 946. - What do we do?
- Keep quiet.
- 947. X-Ray 7, I'm doing a final sweep
of the ground.
- 948. Let's get them on the bird!
- 949. Clear!
- 950. Thanks, Jean.
We gotta help them.
- 951. - Kurt, can you get us in that thing?
- You want to get in there?
- 952. What if the soldiers see us?
- 953. Don't worry, they won't see us.
- 954. Hold on.
- 955. Kurt, get us all out of here!
- 956. I can't!
- 957. When they closed the doors,
there's some kind of electrical field.
- 958. It's like Berlin all over.
- 959. Jean, get in the pilots' heads.
Don't let them take off.
- 960. I can't. I can't reach the pilots.
I can't reach anyone.
- 961. We're also getting reports
out of Europe and Asia.
- 962. This was not just a U.S. phenomenon.
- 963. It seems the entire world
has been disarmed of nuclear weapons.
- 964. The Pentagon has confirmed
- 965. from Russia, as well as
the UK, Israel and China.
- 966. - Look!
- Look up there!
- 967. So far, there has been no response
from the White House.
- 968. Eyewitness reports have been pouring in
from affiliates across the globe.
- 969. Authorities are not sure
if it was an act of peace or an act of war.
- 970. Our dear Father...
- 971. hold me in the light of God.
- 972. It should have been me.
- 973. He was the one that was
gonna do something with his life.
- 974. He was always the one.
- 975. That's not how he felt.
- 976. He felt you were the one that was gonna
do something special with your life.
- 977. That you were gonna
make a difference in the world.
- 978. Maybe even change it.
- 979. How do you know what he felt?
- 980. I know what everybody feels.
- 981. Hold me in the light of God.
- 982. Protect me from danger.
- 983. Save me by Your command.
- 984. Listen to my prayer.
- 985. And keep me safe.
- 986. You're blocking me.
- 987. How?
- 988. I can shield their minds
from your power.
- 989. It's one of the many gifts I've acquired
throughout the millennia.
- 990. But to see...
- 991. inside a mind...
- 992. to control it...
- 993. that's your gift.
- 994. You saw it, didn't you?
- 995. The glory of what's to come.
- 996. You're going to take part
in all this killing...
- 997. and destruction?
- 998. It's all I've ever known.
- 999. No, it isn't.
- 1000. You've just forgotten.
- 1001. No, Charles, I remember.
- 1002. Your way doesn't work.
- 1003. I've shown him a better way.
- 1004. A better world.
- 1005. No, you've just tapped into his rage
and pain. That's all you've done.
- 1006. I told you from the moment I met you,
there is more to you, Erik.
- 1007. There is good in you, too.
- 1008. Whatever it is you think
you saw in me, Charles...
- 1009. lbufledit"
- 1010. with my family.
- 1011. What?
- 1012. What's wrong with you?
- 1013. Is that going to happen
to all of us?
- 1014. No, I just...
- 1015. left my meds in the house.
- 1016. What happened? Where are we?
- 1017. Hey!
- 1018. Hello, Mystique.
- 1019. Major Stryker.
- 1020. Colonel Stryker.
- 1021. I wouldn't get too close to the wall,
if I were you.
- 1022. It may create some discomfort.
- 1023. I'm Moira MacTaggert.
I'm a senior officer at the CIA.
- 1024. I know who you are, Agent MacTaggert.
- 1025. You cannot keep me here, in this...
- 1026. Actually, I can.
- 1027. A psychic event just destroyed
every nuke from here to Moscow.
- 1028. That event emanated from exactly
where we found you.
- 1029. At the home of the world's
most powerful psychic.
- 1030. So, you are going to tell me,
where is Charles Xavier?
- 1031. It's not him
you should be worried about.
- 1032. There's someone else.
Someone more powerful.
- 1033. If you let us out of here,
we can help you.
- 1034. Do you really expect me to believe that?
- 1035. You can put on any face that you want,
but I know who you are.
- 1036. What you are.
- 1037. Hey, Moira.
- 1038. What did you mean when you said...
- 1039. someone more powerful than Charles?
- 1040. Once they finish these,
we'll go from there.
- 1041. What's taking so long?
- 1042. I can't get in.
- 1043. They have a field around it,
like the helicopter.
- 1044. There's gotta be a way to cut the power.
- 1045. Charles...
- 1046. you will send a message...
- 1047. to every living mind.
- 1048. You will tell them
that this earth will be laid waste.
- 1049. That it is I, En Sabah Nur...
- 1050. who will wreak this upon them.
- 1051. Now...
- 1052. deliver my message.
- 1053. Even if I wanted to...
- 1054. I couldn't reach that many people.
I don't have Cerebro.
- 1055. You don't need a machine...
- 1056. to amplify your powers.
- 1057. You have me.
- 1058. Guys, that could be our way out of here.
- 1059. You know him? Magneto?
- 1060. I used to.
- 1061. Not so sure anymore.
- 1062. What was he like?
- 1063. Was he like they say he was?
- 1064. the bad guy?
- 1065. No.
- 1066. I mean, yeah. He was...
- 1067. Why do you care so much?
You see his speech on TV or something?
- 1068. Yeah, but...
- 1069. He's my father.
- 1070. What?
- 1071. - Him and my mom, they did it.
- No, I know—
- 1072. Are you sure?
- 1073. Yeah. He left my mom before I was born.
- 1074. I met him 10 years back...
- 1075. but I didn't know it was him.
- 1076. By the time I figured it out,
it was too late.
- 1077. Then, this week I saw him on TV again...
- 1078. and I came to that house,
looking for him...
- 1079. but by the time I got there...
- 1080. Late again.
- 1081. For a guy who moves as fast as me...
- 1082. I always seem to be too late.
- 1083. Let's hope not this time.
- 1084. Yeah.
- 1085. Seriously.
- 1086. Hear me...
- 1087. inhabitants of this world.
- 1088. - What is that?
- This is a message.
- 1089. I think it's the Professor.
- 1090. A message to every man, woman,
and mutant in the world.
- 1091. You have lost your way.
- 1092. You have lost your way.
- 1093. But I have returned.
- 1094. But I have returned.
- 1095. The day of reckoning is here.
- 1096. All your buildings...
- 1097. all of your towers and temples...
- 1098. Will fall.
- 1099. And the dawn of a new age will rise.
- 1100. for there is nothing you can do...
- 1101. - Jean.
- ... to stop what is coming.
- 1102. Jean, if you can hear me,
focus on my voice.
- 1103. Cairo.
Find us, Jean.
- 1104. Find us. Cairo. Find us.
- 1105. This message is for one reason alone.
- 1106. To tell the strongest among you...
- 1107. Those with the greatest power...
- 1108. this earth will be yours.
- 1109. Those with the greatest power...
- 1110. protect those without.
- 1111. That's my message to the world.
- 1112. How was Charles doing that
- 1113. Sir, what was that voice?
- 1114. I know that voice.
- 1115. It's Xavier, isn't it?
What's going on?
- 1116. - We don't know!
- We don't know, bro!
- 1117. He just spoke to me.
- 1118. I think he spoke to everyone.
- 1119. - I could hear him, too.
- No, no...
- 1120. he just sent me a hidden message.
- 1121. One he knew only I would hear.
- 1122. I know where they are.
- 1123. Hey!
- 1124. We have shots fired!
Where's it coming from?
- 1125. I have intruders in Quad Six.
- 1126. Send a security team.
Take them out.
- 1127. The generator. It's worth a shot.
- 1128. Kurt?
- 1129. There's some kind of animal in there.
- 1130. It's no animal.
- 1131. It's a man.
- 1132. Who is he?
- 1133. That part of him as been taken away.
- 1134. What do you mean?
- 1135. I mean they turned him into
some kind of weapon.
- 1136. Charlie Three, report.
Did you find them?
- 1137. Shut it down.
- 1138. Fire!
- 1139. Weapon X is loose!
- 1140. I repeat, Weapon X is loose!
- 1141. You sure he's not an animal?
- 1142. - He's into the central halls.
- Engaging target Sector Five.
- 1143. We can't...
- 1144. Hey!
- 1145. - What are they doing?
- What's going on?
- 1146. - I just lost feed.
- Hey! What's going on here?
- 1147. I'll be right back.
- 1148. No!
- 1149. Hey! Stay where you are!
- 1150. Scott, wait.
- 1151. I can help you.
- 1152. Jean.
- 1153. Logan.
- 1154. What'd you do to him?
- 1155. I found a piece of his past
and gave it back to him.
- 1156. Just the few memories I could reach.
- 1157. I hope that's the last we've seen
of that guy.
- 1158. Kurt.
- 1159. - What?
- 1160. Hey.
- 1161. Stay away from the...
- 1162. The what?
- 1163. The do-...
- 1164. Stay away from the...
- 1165. Get away from the door!
- 1166. On three.
- 1167. One... two...
- 1168. We know where the Professor is.
- 1169. I think we might have a way out of here.
- 1170. - Well, you've been busy.
- We had a little help.
- 1171. Let's go)!
- 1172. Jesus!
- 1173. Oh, sorry!
- 1174. This way!
- 1175. This was meant to be
the center of the universe...
- 1176. before I was betrayed.
- 1177. Now...
- 1178. it Will be.
- 1179. Nice.
- 1180. Hey, Hank, do you think
you can fly this thing?
- 1181. Yeah, I can figure it out.
- 1182. Hey, guys.
- 1183. Flight suits.
- 1184. You got your warplane.
- 1185. Let's go to war.
- 1186. A gift...
- 1187. from the past you left behind...
- 1188. and the future that lies ahead.
- 1189. You will reach down, my son.
- 1190. Deep into the earth.
- 1191. Rip everything they've
built from the ground.
- 1192. Wipe clean this world.
- 1193. And we will lead those that survive...
- 1194. into a better one.
- 1195. And me?
- 1196. Am I to play a role in this madness?
- 1197. You have the most important role of all.
- 1198. Were you scared?
- 1199. That day in D.C., were you scared?
- 1200. No.
- 1201. But I was scared on my first mission.
- 1202. I was on a plane like this
with my friends.
- 1203. About your age.
- 1204. We called ourselves the X-Men.
- 1205. Your brother was there.
- 1206. We used to call him Havok.
- 1207. He was a real handful...
- 1208. but when it came down to it,
he was very brave.
- 1209. What happened to the rest of the kids
who went with you?
- 1210. The X-Men?
- 1211. Hank and I are the only ones left.
- 1212. I couldn't save the rest of them.
- 1213. I told you, I'm not a hero.
- 1214. Well, you're a hero to us.
- 1215. Seeing you that day on
- 1216. changed my life.
- 1217. Mine, too.
- 1218. Mine, too.
- 1219. I still live in my mom's basement
but, you know...
- 1220. everything else is...
- 1221. It's pretty much the same.
- 1222. I'm a total loser.
- 1223. What we're seeing is
a magnetic phenomenon...
- 1224. on a much larger scale
than what we saw at Auschwitz.
- 1225. The ground is full of magnetic elements.
- 1226. Iron, nickel, cobalt.
- 1227. The ocean's floor
is lined with them, too.
- 1228. It's already begun at the lowest depths.
- 1229. Land masses will slow it,
but not for long.
- 1230. Eventually, cities, urban centers...
- 1231. anything built since the Bronze Age...
- 1232. will be wiped away.
- 1233. The death toll will be in the billions.
- 1234. He's talking about
the whole goddamn world.
- 1235. You're just another false god.
- 1236. And whoever's left to follow you
when this all over...
- 1237. they will betray you again.
- 1238. You're wrong, Charles.
- 1239. For the first time
in a thousand lifetimes...
- 1240. I have you.
- 1241. For all my gifts, I have yet
to possess the one I needed most.
- 1242. To be...
- 1243. everywhere.
- 1244. To be...
- 1245. everyone.
- 1246. Seventh wonder, twelve 0' clock.
- 1247. He has the Professor
in the center of the pyramid.
- 1248. He's going to transfer his consciousness
into the Professor.
- 1249. If he does that...
- 1250. he'll have the power
to control every mind in the world.
- 1251. What the hell is that?
- 1252. It's Erik.
- 1253. You guys help Nightcrawler
get into the pyramid.
- 1254. Get Charles. I'll take care of Erik.
- 1255. How are we gonna get through that?
- 1256. I can get you in there.
- 1257. I came here for him. Let me help you.
- 1258. The rest of you, get Charles on this
plane and get him out of here.
- 1259. - We're not leaving without you!
- Don't worry.
- 1260. We'll catch up.
- 1261. Hold on.
- 1262. Hank, you go with the kids.
- 1263. - Moira will be waiting on the plane.
- 1264. What?
- 1265. Not all of us can
fully control our powers.
- 1266. Then don't.
- 1267. You need to embrace them.
- 1268. We all do.
- 1269. Go. Join the others.
- 1270. Protect me,
until the transference is complete.
- 1271. There's an entrance. It's clear.
- 1272. Kurt! Get in there!
- 1273. In the pyramid! Move!
- 1274. Go!
- 1275. Split them up.
- 1276. Professor...
- 1277. Kurt, you have to hurry!
- 1278. I'm trying. It's like a maze in here.
- 1279. Kurt, no!
- 1280. The magnetic field is too strong.
I can't get us in there.
- 1281. Erik!
- 1282. Mystique.
- 1283. I know you think you've lost everything.
- 1284. But you haven't.
- 1285. You have me.
- 1286. You have Charles.
- 1287. You have more family than you know.
- 1288. You never had the chance
to save your family before.
- 1289. But you do now.
- 1290. That's what I've come here to tell you.
- 1291. And you?
- 1292. I'm your...
- 1293. I'm here for my family, too.
- 1294. Get out. Get out!
- 1295. Get out!
- 1296. Auf Wiedersehen.
- 1297. We're losing him.
- 1298. I'll be right back.
- 1299. Scott, glasses on!
- 1300. Let's go)!
- 1301. - Locked on.
- Here we go.
- 1302. Psylocke!
- 1303. What the hell was that?
- 1304. Kurt.
- 1305. Everyone, grab hold of Nightcrawler!
- 1306. I've never done it
with this many people.
- 1307. Get us out of here.
- 1308. Kurt, hurry!
- 1309. Kurt!
- 1310. Charles...
- 1311. Is he okay?
- 1312. It's his energy. He's drained.
- 1313. Get out.
- 1314. Get out!
- 1315. Professor, it's okay.
You're with us.
- 1316. It's okay.
- 1317. I'm going to fight
for what I have left.
- 1318. Are you?
- 1319. There's so much more to you
than you know.
- 1320. Notjust pain and anger.
- 1321. There's good, too. I felt it.
- 1322. It's not just me
you're walking away from.
- 1323. Here, you have the chance to be a part of
something much bigger than yourself.
- 1324. And it needs you, Erik.
- 1325. Useless.
- 1326. Charles.
- 1327. I know you can hear me.
- 1328. We're still connected.
- 1329. Charles!
- 1330. Show yourself!
- 1331. Charles!
- 1332. Show yourself!
- 1333. Foolish child.
- 1334. Peter.
- 1335. End him.
- 1336. Raven.
- 1337. The great hero.
- 1338. - I'm going out there.
- I'm going with you.
- 1339. No.
- 1340. It's me he wants.
- 1341. Charles, you can't give yourself up.
- 1342. If he has you, he has us all.
- 1343. The whole world.
- 1344. You are feeble.
- 1345. Just like the others.
- 1346. Charles!
- 1347. Come!
- 1348. Rescue your weaklings!
- 1349. Give your life for theirs!
- 1350. No.
- 1351. He was right.
- 1352. There is still some part of me
connected to him.
- 1353. Charles!
- 1354. I can get inside his head.
- 1355. Will you do nothing?
- 1356. Thank you for letting me in.
- 1357. You want what I have?
- 1358. You want to feel what I feel?
- 1359. Welcome to my world!
- 1360. You're in my house now!
- 1361. You'll need a bigger house.
- 1362. You betray me?
- 1363. No.
- 1364. I betrayed them.
- 1365. Let's jump.
- 1366. What?
- 1367. Cover me.
- 1368. I 9011 you.
- 1369. Come on!
- 1370. They lack strength, Charles.
- 1371. Jean.
- 1372. Come here.
- 1373. Help...
- 1374. me.
- 1375. Stay here.
- 1376. They can't stop him.
- 1377. Jean.
- 1378. Help me!
- 1379. Hank!
- 1380. Hank!
- 1381. It's over, Charles.
- 1382. You're mine now.
- 1383. You will never win.
- 1384. And why is that?
- 1385. Because you are alone.
- 1386. And I am not!
- 1387. Let...
- 1388. Q0.
- 1389. Unleash your power, Jean.
- 1390. No fear.
- 1391. Unleash your power!
- 1392. Letgo, Jean!
- 1393. Jean, let go!
- 1394. He's getting away.
- 1395. All is revealed.
- 1396. Charles! Charles!
- 1397. - We've lost him!
- 1398. - He's gone.
- No, Charles.
- 1399. Charles...
- 1400. No, he's not.
- 1401. I can still feel him.
- 1402. Thank you, Jean.
- 1403. Charles?
- 1404. Charles, do you know where you are?
- 1405. I'm on a beach.
- 1406. In Cuba.
- 1407. With you.
- 1408. What beach?
- 1409. Charles Xavier.
- 1410. I'm sorry.
- 1411. I should never have taken those
- 1412. Hold on!
- 1413. What did I miss?
- 1414. It seems only by the grace of God...
- 1415. that the ominous destruction...
- 1416. seen from one end of the globe
to the other, has stopped.
- 1417. At a debriefing today,
CIA Special Agent Moira MacTaggen'...
- 1418. Revealed to an investigative
- 1419. The committee was further stunned
to learn that fugitive Erik Lehnsherr...
- 1420. aided in defeating
this powerful and unknown....
- 1421. I think our prayers were answered.
- 1422. Thank you, Mr. President.
- 1423. The potential destructive power
- 1424. is sure to fuel new controversy
- 1425. at a time when mutants were becoming
accepted around the world.
- 1426. Mystique told me he is your father.
- 1427. Are you gonna tell him?
- 1428. I might...
- 1429. one day.
- 1430. I think for now, I'm just gonna
stick around here for a while.
- 1431. Me, too.
- 1432. The world's already begun
rebuilding its arsenals.
- 1433. It's human nature, Charles.
- 1434. I still have hope.
- 1435. Oh, yes.
- 1436. "Hope."
- 1437. I was right about Raven.
- 1438. I was even right about you.
- 1439. What about the rest of the world?
- 1440. Doesn't it ever wake you up
in the middle of the night?
- 1441. The feeling that one day
they'll come for you...
- 1442. and your children.
- 1443. It does, indeed.
- 1444. What do you do when you wake up to that?
- 1445. I feel a great swell of pity
for the poor soul...
- 1446. that comes to my school
looking for trouble.
- 1447. You're sure I can't convince you
- 1448. You're psychic, Charles.
- 1449. You can convince me to do anything.
- 1450. Goodbye, old friend.
- 1451. Good luck, Professor.
- 1452. Forget everything you think you know.
- 1453. Whatever lessons you learned
- 1454. whatever your parents taught you.
- 1455. None of that matters!
- 1456. You're not kids anymore.
- 1457. You're not students.
- 1458. You're X-Men.