- 1. It is the key to our evolution.
- 2. It has enabled us to evolve
into the dominant species on the planet.
- 3. This process normally takes
thousands and thousands of years.
- 4. But every few hundred millennia,
evolution leaps forward.
- 5. Niagara Falls,
- 6. up the Canadian Rockies,
- 7. and then it's only
a few hundred miles to Anchorage.
- 8. - Won't it kinda be cold?
- Well, that's the point, stupid.
- 9. Otherwise it wouldn't be an adventure.
- 10. And when are you gonna do this?
- 11. I don't know.
- 12. After high school. Before college.
- 13. - Marie!
- I don't know what happened.
- 14. - David?
- I don't know... I just touched him.
- 15. - I didn't mean...
- Call an ambulance!
- 16. We only touched. Just get away from me!
- 17. - Will you call an ambulance?
- Don't touch me!
- 18. We are now seeing the beginnings
of another stage of human evolution.
- 19. These mutations manifest at puberty, often
triggered by periods of emotional stress.
- 20. Thank you, Miss Grey.
It was quite educational.
- 21. However, it fails to address the issue
that is the focus of this hearing.
- 22. Three words: Are mutants dangerous?
- 23. That's unfair, Senator Kelly. The wrong
person driving a car can be dangerous.
- 24. - We do license people to drive.
- Yes, but not to live.
- 25. Senator, mutants who've come forward
and revealed themselves publicly
- 26. have been met with fear,
hostility, even violence.
- 27. It is because of that hostility
- 28. that I am urging the Senate
to vote against mutant registration.
- 29. - To force mutants to expose themselves...
- Expose themselves?
- 30. What do mutants have to hide that makes
them so afraid to identify themselves?
- 31. - I didn't say they were hiding.
- Let me show you what is being hidden.
- 32. I have here a list of names of identified
mutants living right here in the United States.
- 33. - Senator Kelly...
- A girl in Illinois who walks through walls.
- 34. What's to stop her from walking
into a bank vault? Or into the White House?
- 35. Or into their houses? And there are even
rumours of mutants so powerful
- 36. that they can enter our minds
and control our thoughts,
- 37. taking away our God-given free will.
- 38. The American people deserve the right
to decide whether they want their children
- 39. to be in school with mutants.
To be taught by mutants.
- 40. Ladies and gentlemen,
the truth is that mutants are very real.
- 41. And they are among us.
We must know who they are,
- 42. and, above all,
we must know what they can do.
- 43. Eric.
- 44. What are you doing here?
- 45. Why do you ask questions to which
you already know the answers?
- 46. - Don't give up on them, Eric.
- What would you have me do, Charles?
- 47. I've heard these arguments before.
- 48. It was a long time ago.
Mankind has evolved since then.
- 49. Yes... into us.
- 50. Are you sneaking around in here, Charles?
Whatever are you looking for?
- 51. I'm looking for hope.
- 52. I will bring you hope, old friend.
And I ask only one thing in return.
- 53. Don't get in my way.
- 54. We are the future, Charles, not them!
They no longer matter.
- 55. This is it.
- 56. Where are we? I thought you said you were
gonna take me as far as Laughlin City.
- 57. This is Laughlin City.
- 58. Gentlemen, in all my years
I've never seen anything like this.
- 59. Are you gonna let this man
walk away with your money?
- 60. No!
- 61. I'll fight him!
- 62. Ladies and gentlemen,
- 63. our saviour!
- 64. Don't hit him in the balls.
- 65. - You said anything goes.
- Anything goes, but he'll take it personal.
- 66. You idiot!
- 67. Ladies and gentlemen,
tonight's winner and still King of the Cage,
- 68. the Wolverine.
- 69. You want something new, honey?
Or are you sticking with water?
- 70. I'll have a beer.
- 71. Ellis Island, once the arrival point
for American immigrants,
- 72. is opening its doors again.
- 73. Preparations are nearly completed
for the United Nations World Summit.
- 74. The event promises to be the largest
single gathering of world leaders in history.
- 75. Leaders will discuss issues ranging from
the world´s economy and weapons treaties,
- 76. to the mutant phenomenon
and its impact on our world stage.
- 77. American legislators contend
that debate over mutant issues
- 78. should be the primary focus of what is,
on the surface at least, a diplomatic affair.
- 79. - You owe me some money.
- Stu, let's not do this.
- 80. No man takes a beating like that
without a mark to show for it.
- 81. - Come on, this isn't worth it.
- I know what you are.
- 82. You lost your money.
You keep this up, you lose something else.
- 83. Look out!
- 84. Get outta my bar, freak!
- 85. - What the hell are you doin'?
- I'm sorry. I needed a ride.
- 86. - I thought you might help me.
- Get out!
- 87. - Where am I supposed to go?
- I don't know.
- 88. - You don't know or you don't care?
- Pick one.
- 89. - I saved your life!
- No, you didn't.
- 90. You don't have anything to eat, do you?
- 91. I'm Rogue.
- 92. Were you in the army?
Doesn't that mean you were in the army?
- 93. - Wow!
- 94. - Suddenly my life isn't bad.
- If you prefer the road...
- 95. No! It looks great.
- 96. It looks cosy.
- 97. Put your hands on the heater.
- 98. - I'm not gonna hurt you, kid.
- It's nothing personal.
- 99. It's just when people touch my skin,
- 100. What?
- 101. I don't know. They just get hurt.
- 102. Fair enough.
- 103. When they come out, does it hurt?
- 104. Every time.
- 105. So what kind of a name is Rogue?
- 106. I don't know.
What kind of a name is Wolverine?
- 107. My name's Logan.
- 108. Marie.
- 109. - You should wear your seat belt.
- Look, kid, I don't need advice on...
- 110. You all right?
- 111. - Kid, are you all right?
- I'm stuck!
- 112. Weren't you supposed to bring
someone back with you?
- 113. - What happened?
- They knew.
- 114. Charles...
- 115. - Where is the mutant now?
- With them.
- 116. I have made the first move.
That is all they know.
- 117. Come, the UN summit is approaching.
Time for our little test.
- 118. Where's he going?
- 119. Where are you going?
- 120. Over here!
- 121. - Where are you going?
- This way!
- 122. He's over there.
- 123. Let go! What's your hurry?
- 124. Over here!
- 125. Good morning, Logan.
- 126. So, I'd like your definitions of weak and
strong anthropic principles on Wednesday.
- 127. That'll be all.
- 128. - Bye, Professor.
- Bye, Kitty.
- 129. Physics.
- 130. I'm Charles Xavier.
Would you like some breakfast?
- 131. - Where am I?
- Westchester, New York.
- 132. You were attacked. My people
brought you here for medical attention.
- 133. - I don't need medical attention.
- Yes, of course.
- 134. - Where's the girl?
- Rogue's here. She's fine.
- 135. Really?
- 136. Ah. Logan, I'd like you to meet Ororo Monroe,
also called Storm.
- 137. This is Scott Summers, also called Cyclops.
- 138. They saved your life.
- 139. I believe you've already met Dr Jean Grey.
- 140. You're in my school for the gifted. For
mutants. You'll be safe here from Magneto.
- 141. - What's a magneto?
- A very powerful mutant,
- 142. who believes a war is brewing
between mutants and the rest of humanity.
- 143. I've been following his activities
for some time.
- 144. The man who attacked you
is an associate of his called Sabretooth.
- 145. Sabretooth?
- 146. Storm.
- 147. What do they call you? Wheels?
- 148. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
- 149. And Cyclops, right?
- 150. You wanna get outta my way?
- 151. Logan, it's been almost 15 years, hasn't it?
- 152. Living from day to day,
moving from place to place,
- 153. with no memory of who or what you are.
- 154. Shut up!
- 155. Give me a chance.
I may be able to help you find some answers.
- 156. - How do you know?
- You're not the only one with gifts.
- 157. - Where are you going?
- Where's he going?
- 158. Over here!
- 159. What is this place?
- 160. Anonymity is a mutant's first defence
against the world's hostility.
- 161. Hey, no powers!
- 162. To the public, we're merely
a school for gifted youngsters.
- 163. Cyclops, Storm and Jean
were some of my first students.
- 164. I protected them,
taught them to control their powers
- 165. and, in time, teach others to do the same.
- 166. The students are mostly runaways -
- 167. Some with gifts so extreme they're a danger
to themselves and those around them.
- 168. Like your friend Rogue.
- 169. Incapable of physical human contact,
probably for the rest of her life.
- 170. And yet here she is with others her own age,
learning, being accepted,
- 171. not feared.
- 172. - John!
- 173. I'm Bobby.
- 174. - What's your name?
- 175. - What'll happen to her?
- That's up to her.
- 176. Rejoin the world as an educated
young woman, or stay on to teach others.
- 177. To become what the children
have affectionately called "X-Men".
- 178. Welcome to Mutant High.
- 179. But the school is merely our public face.
- 180. The lower levels, however,
are an entirely different matter.
- 181. When I was a boy I discovered I had
the power to control people's minds.
- 182. Make them think or do whatever I wanted.
- 183. When I was 17
I met a young man named Eric Lensherr.
- 184. He, too, had an unusual power. He could
create magnetic fields and control metal.
- 185. Believing that humanity would never
accept us, he grew angry and vengeful.
- 186. He became Magneto.
- 187. There are mutants out there
with incredible powers, Logan.
- 188. And many who do not share
my respect for mankind.
- 189. If no one is equipped to oppose them,
humanity's days could be over.
- 190. I'll make a deal with you.
- 191. Give me 48 hours to find out
what Magneto wants with you,
- 192. and I give you my word
that I will use all my power
- 193. to help you piece together what you've lost,
and what you're looking for.
- 194. Senator, you favour gun registration, yes?
Some of these so-called children
- 195. possess more than 10 times
the destructive force of any handgun.
- 196. No, I don't see a difference.
All I see are weapons in our schools.
- 197. Well, that's fair enough. All right.
- 198. So?
- 199. It's gonna be close.
A vote this loaded is always close.
- 200. What about the UN summit?
The world will be watching.
- 201. - Maybe you could use it to your advantage.
- We're Americans, Henry.
- 202. Let the rest of the damn world
deal with mutants in their own way.
- 203. You know this situation? These mutants?
- 204. People like this Jean Grey?
If it were up to me, I'd lock 'em all away.
- 205. It's a war.
- 206. It's the reason people like me exist.
- 207. Where the hell are we?
- 208. Pilot!
- 209. People like you are the reason
I was afraid to go to school as a child.
- 210. I'm sorry.
- 211. - For what?
- If I hurt you.
- 212. So... couldn't wait
to get my shirt off again, huh?
- 213. The metal is an alloy called adamantium.
- 214. Supposedly indestructible. It's been
surgically grafted to his entire skeleton.
- 215. How could he have survived
a procedure like that?
- 216. His mutation. He has uncharted regenerative
capability which enables him to heal rapidly.
- 217. This also makes his age
impossible to determine.
- 218. He could very well be older than you,
- 219. - Who did this to him?
- He doesn't know.
- 220. Nor does he remember anything
about his life before it happened.
- 221. Experimentation on mutants.
It's not unheard of.
- 222. But I've never seen anything like this before.
- 223. What do you think Magneto want with him?
- 224. I'm not entirely sure it's him Magneto wants.
- 225. Toad has a wicked tongue, Senator.
- 226. Just like you.
- 227. Who are you people? Where's Henry?
- 228. Mr Guyrich has been dead
for some time, Senator.
- 229. But I've had Mystique here keep you
company. She takes so many shapes.
- 230. Whatever you do to me, you'll make me right.
- 231. Every word I've spoken will be confirmed.
- 232. Are you a God-fearing man, Senator?
It's such a strange phrase.
- 233. I've always thought of God as a teacher.
- 234. As a bringer of light,
wisdom and understanding.
- 235. You see,
I think what you really are afraid of is me.
- 236. Me and my kind.
The brotherhood of mutants.
- 237. It's not so surprising, really. Mankind has
always feared what it doesn't understand.
- 238. Well, don't fear God, Senator,
and certainly don't fear me.
- 239. Not any more.
- 240. - What do you intend to do to me?
- Let's just say God works too slowly.
- 241. I think you'll be comfortable here.
- 242. - Where's your room?
- With Scott, down the hall.
- 243. Is that your gift? Putting up with that guy?
- 244. Actually I'm telekinetic.
I can move things with my mind.
- 245. Really? What kinds of things?
- 246. All kinds of things.
- 247. - I also have telepathic ability.
- Like your professor?
- 248. Nowhere near that powerful.
But he's teaching me to develop it.
- 249. I'm sure he is.
- 250. - So read my mind.
- I'd rather not.
- 251. - Come on. You afraid you might like it?
- I doubt it.
- 252. What do you see?
- 253. Scott!
- 254. Good night, Logan.
- 255. You gonna tell me
to stay away from your girl?
- 256. If I had to do that, she wouldn't be my girl.
- 257. Then I guess you've got nothing
to worry about, do you... Cyclops?
- 258. It mustjust burn you up
that a boy like me saved your life, huh?
- 259. You oughta be careful.
I might not be there next time.
- 260. Oh, and Logan, stay away from my girl.
- 261. Logan?
- 262. Logan! Logan, wake up.
- 263. Help me!
- 264. Somebody, help!
- 265. Scott, grab a pillow.
- 266. It was an accident.
- 267. - Logan?
- What happened?
- 268. - Is she all right?
- She'll be all right.
- 269. - What did she do to me?
- When Rogue touches someone,
- 270. she takes their energy, their life force.
- 271. In the case of mutants,
she absorbs their gifts for a while.
- 272. In your case, your ability to heal.
- 273. - It felt like she almost killed me.
- If she'd held out any longer, she could have.
- 274. How are we feeling, Senator?
Advanced, I hope.
- 275. What the hell have you done to me?
- 276. Senator, this is pointless.
Where would you go?
- 277. Who would take you in,
now you're one of us?
- 278. Tommy, let it go! Tommy, please let it go!
- 279. I'm telling Mommy.
- 280. Is that a mutant?
- 281. UN summit. With the leaders
of over 200 nations attending,
- 282. the Secret Service has transformed
Ellis Island into a veritable Fort Knox
- 283. for tomorrow night´s opening gala.
Ellis Island rests less than one mile from...
- 284. Rogue!
- 285. Bobby!
- 286. Rogue, what did you do? They say
you're stealing other mutants' powers.
- 287. No! I borrowed his power.
- 288. You never use your power
against another mutant.
- 289. I had no choice.
- 290. - No, you have to understand...
- If I were you I'd get myself outta here.
- 291. - What do you mean?
- Listen, the students are freaked.
- 292. Professor Xavier's furious.
I don't know what he'll do with you.
- 293. I think it'll be easier on your own.
- 294. You should go.
- 295. What are you looking for, Eric? It's strange.
- 296. There are more powerful mutants out there.
Why should this one be so important to him?
- 297. - Maybe it's his way with people.
- You don't like him.
- 298. - How could you tell?
- Well, I am psychic, you know.
- 299. - Where is she?
- 300. Rogue.
- 301. She's gone.
- 302. Welcome, Professor.
- 303. Welcome to Cerebro.
- 304. This certainly is a big, round room.
- 305. The brain waves of mutants
are different from average humans.
- 306. This device amplifies my power, allowing me
to locate mutants across great distances.
- 307. - That's how I intend to find Rogue.
- Why don't you just use it to find Magneto?
- 308. I've been trying, but he's found
some way to shield himself from it.
- 309. How would he know how to do that?
- 310. Because he helped me build it.
- 311. Now if you'll excuse me...
- 312. Have you ever?
- 313. Used Cerebro?
- 314. No.
- 315. It takes a degree of control and...
for someone like me, it's...
- 316. Dangerous.
- 317. now boarding at track 4.
- 318. - She's at the station.
- Where is it?
- 319. A few miles west of here. You can't leave the
mansion. It's the opportunity Magneto needs.
- 320. - Listen, I'm the reason she took off.
- We had a deal.
- 321. She's all right. She's just upset.
- 322. Storm, Cyclops, find her.
See if you can talk to her.
- 323. - What?
- Where's my motorcycle?
- 324. Hey, kid.
- 325. I'm sorry about last night.
- 326. Me, too.
- 327. You running again?
- 328. I heard the professor was mad at me.
- 329. - Who told you that?
- A boy at school.
- 330. - When's the last time you saw her?
- She was supposed to meet me for lunch.
- 331. You look around,
I'll check with the ticket agent.
- 332. Welcome, Professor.
- 333. - You think I should go back.
- I think you should follow your instincts.
- 334. The first boy I ever kissed
ended up in a coma for three weeks.
- 335. I can still feel him inside my head.
- 336. And it's the same with you.
- 337. There's not many people
that'll understand what you're going through.
- 338. But I think this guy Xavier's one of them.
- 339. He seems to genuinely wanna help you.
- 340. And that's a rare thing.
- 341. For people like us.
- 342. OK, so...
- 343. What do you say?
Give these geeks one more shot?
- 344. Come on, I'll take care of you.
- 345. - You promise?
- 346. Yeah, I promise.
- 347. Come along now. I told you not to...
- 348. She's about 17, my height,
- 349. has brown hair and she...
- 350. Scream for me.
- 351. Quit playing around.
- 352. You must be Wolverine.
- 353. That remarkable metal doesn't run through
your entire body, does it?
- 354. Stop!
- 355. Stop it!
- 356. - What the hell do you want with me?
- You? My dear boy!
- 357. Whoever said I wanted you?
- 358. Young people!
- 359. All right, hold it! Hold it right there.
- 360. Stay where you are.
Put your hands over your heads. Now!
- 361. You Homo sapiens and your guns.
- 362. - That's enough, Eric.
- Let them go.
- 363. Why not come out where I can see you,
- 364. What do you want her for?
- 365. Can't you read my mind?
- 366. What now? Save the girl?
- 367. You'll have to kill me, Charles.
And what will that accomplish?
- 368. Let them pass that law and they'll have you
in chains with a number on your forehead.
- 369. - It won't be that way.
- Then kill me and find out.
- 370. No? Then release me.
- 371. Fine!
- 372. Care to press your luck, Charles?
- 373. I don't think I can stop them all.
- 374. Still unwilling to make sacrifices.
That's what makes you weak.
- 375. Goodbye, Charles.
- 376. - You said he wanted me.
- I made a terrible mistake.
- 377. His helmet was somehow designed
to block my telepathy.
- 378. Couldn't see what he was after
till it was too late.
- 379. - Where are you going?
- To find her.
- 380. - How?
- The traditional way: Look.
- 381. - Logan, you can't do this alone.
- Who'll help me? You?
- 382. - So far, you've all done a bang-up job.
- Then help us. Fight with us.
- 383. Fight with you? Join the team? Be an X-Man?
- 384. Who the hell do you think you are?
You're a mutant.
- 385. The world is full of people
that hate and fear you
- 386. and you're wasting your time trying
to protect them. I got better things to do.
- 387. You know, Magneto's right.
There's a war coming.
- 388. - Are you sure you're on the right side?
- At least I've chosen a side.
- 389. I'm looking for Dr Jean Grey.
- 390. Senator Kelly.
- 391. I'm Professor Charles Xavier.
- 392. I was afraid if I went to hospital,
- 393. Treat you like a mutant?
- 394. We're not what you think. Not all of us.
- 395. Tell it to the ones who did this to me.
- 396. Senator...
- 397. I want you to try and relax.
- 398. I'm not going to hurt you.
- 399. Welcome to the future.
- 400. Brother.
- 401. The machine emits radiation that triggers
mutation in ordinary human beings.
- 402. But the mutation is unnatural.
Kelly's body is rejecting it.
- 403. - His cells began to break down immediately.
- What effect does it have on mutants?
- 404. There appears to be none. But I fear
it will harm any normal person exposed to it.
- 405. - So what does Magneto want with Rogue?
- I don't know.
- 406. Wait a second. You said this machine
draws its power from Magneto.
- 407. - And that it weakened him.
- Yes. In fact, it nearly killed him.
- 408. He's going to transfer his power to Rogue
and use her to power the machine.
- 409. Is somebody there?
- 410. Yes. I'm here.
- 411. Please don't leave me!
- 412. I don't want to be alone.
- 413. All right.
- 414. Do you hate normal people?
- 415. Sometimes.
- 416. Why?
- 417. I suppose...
- 418. I'm afraid of them.
- 419. Well...
- 420. I think you've got one less person...
to be afraid of.
- 421. Cyclops, you and Storm ready the jet.
I'm gonna find Rogue. Get Logan a uniform.
- 422. Wait a minute.
He's not coming with us, is he?
- 423. - Yes.
- Sorry, but he'll endanger the mission and...
- 424. I wasn't the one who gave the station
a new sunroof, pal.
- 425. No, you were the one
who stabbed Rogue in the chest.
- 426. Why don't you take your little mission
and stick it up...
- 427. Senator Kelly is dead.
- 428. I'm going to find her.
- 429. Settle this.
- 430. I'm sorry.
- 431. You can still hear me... can't you?
- 432. You've taught me everything in my life
that was ever worth knowing.
- 433. And if anything happens...
- 434. I'll take care of them.
- 435. Jean?
- 436. Jean!
- 437. No!
- 438. Jean?
- 439. Jean.
- 440. Answer me. Please.
- 441. I know where Magneto's going.
- 442. Magnificent, isn't she?
- 443. - I've seen it.
- I first saw her in 1949.
- 444. America was going to be
the land of tolerance. Of peace.
- 445. Are you going to kill me?
- 446. Yes.
- 447. - Why?
- Because there is no land of tolerance.
- 448. There is no peace, not here or anywhere else.
- 449. Whole families destroyed simply because
they were born different from those in power.
- 450. Well, after tonight,
the world's powerful will be just like us.
- 451. They will return home as brothers.
- 452. As mutants.
- 453. Our cause will be theirs.
- 454. Your sacrifice will mean our survival.
- 455. I'll understand
if that comes as small consolation.
- 456. Put her in the machine.
- 457. I'll raise it.
- 458. Magneto is here - Liberty Island.
- 459. Presumably his objective is to mutate the
world leaders at the summit on Ellis Island.
- 460. He doesn't know his machine kills,
and judging from what the professor saw
- 461. if Magneto gave Rogue enough power,
he could wipe out everyone in New York City.
- 462. All right. We can insert here
at the George Washington Bridge.
- 463. Come around the bank, just off of Manhattan,
land on the far side of Liberty Island. Here.
- 464. What about harbour patrol? Radar?
- 465. If they have anything that can pick up ourjet,
they deserve to catch us.
- 466. You actually go outside in these things?
- 467. What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?
- 468. Whoa.
- 469. There's the bridge. I'm takin' her down.
- 470. Storm, some cover, please.
- 471. Toad, Mystique, stay sharp. We're not alone.
- 472. And you stay here. Once I've given my power
to the girl, I'll be temporarily weakened.
- 473. You'll be my only defence.
- 474. Sounds like a storm's comin'.
- 475. - Sorry.
- You call that a landing?
- 476. The torch.
- 477. the proceedings. The first dignitaries
started to arrive about an hour ago,
- 478. greeted with a garden-party atmosphere
designed to entertain them
- 479. as the others traversed the rigid security.
- 480. - There's someone here.
- 481. - I don't know. Keep your eye open.
- 482. Damn it!
- 483. - Anything?
- There's someone here. I just can't see 'em.
- 484. Wait!
- 485. Back up! Back up!
- 486. Jean!
- 487. Oh, God!
- 488. Don't move.
- 489. Don't you people ever die?
- 490. Do you know what happens to a toad
when it's struck by lightning?
- 491. The same thing
that happens to everything else.
- 492. Logan, is that you?
- 493. The other one ain't far away.
- 494. - Come on. We have to regroup.
- I know, but there's a problem.
- 495. You're not part of the group.
- 496. Hey, hey! It's me.
- 497. - Prove it.
- You're a dick.
- 498. OK.
- 499. Hey!
- 500. - Everybody get out of here.
- What is it?
- 501. I can't move.
- 502. Ah, my brothers.
- 503. Welcome. And you, just point those claws
of yours in a safer direction.
- 504. You better close your eyes.
- 505. Storm, fry 'em.
- 506. A bolt of lightning into a huge copper
conductor. I thought you lived at a school.
- 507. For those of you not familiar
with the historical significance...
- 508. Mystique?
- 509. - Mystique!
- I've seen Senator Kelly.
- 510. So, the good senator survived his fall.
And the swim to shore.
- 511. He's become even more powerful
than I imagined.
- 512. - He's dead.
- It's true.
- 513. I saw him die.
Like those people down there will die.
- 514. Are you sure you saw what you saw?
- 515. I would also like to thank the
President of the United States of America
- 516. for hosting this event under the lights
of the great city of New York.
- 517. Why do none of you understand
what I'm trying to do?
- 518. Those people down there control our fate
and the fate of every other mutant!
- 519. Well...
- 520. soon our fate will be theirs.
- 521. Help! Please help me!
- 522. You're so full of shit. If you're really
so righteous, it'd be you in that thing.
- 523. Help! Somebody help me!
- 524. Please!
- 525. Somebody please help me!
- 526. Somebody! Help me...
- 527. Logan!
- 528. - I'm sorry, my dear.
- Don't do this.
- 529. This is mine.
- 530. You owe me a scream.
- 531. Hey, bub, I'm not finished with you yet.
- 532. - Jean.
- Scott, when I tell you, open your eyes.
- 533. - No!
- Trust me.
- 534. You drop something?
- 535. Now!
- 536. - Thanks.
- Don't mention it.
- 537. - Gotta get her outta there. Can you hit it?
- The rings are moving too fast.
- 538. - Shoot it!
- I'll kill her! Storm, can you get me up?
- 539. - I can't control it like that.
- Then let me go.
- 540. If I don't make it,
at least you can still blast the damn thing.
- 541. All right, do it!
Jean, use your power. Try to steady him.
- 542. Hang on to something.
- 543. Scott, wait!
- 544. - Jean, I have to!
- Just wait!
- 545. I have a shot.
- 546. I'm taking it.
- 547. Come on...
- 548. Hey, this one's alive. Let's get him outta here.
- 549. Welcome back. I knew you'd find your way.
- 550. I had you to guide me.
- 551. How did we do?
- 552. Oh, that tickles.
- 553. Hey.
- 554. Hey.
- 555. How are you feeling?
- 556. Fantastic.
- 557. That was a brave thing you did.
- 558. - Did it work?
- 559. She's fine. She took on a few of your
more charming personality traits for a while.
- 560. But we lived through it.
- 561. I think she's a little taken with you.
- 562. Well, you can tell her
my heart belongs to someone else.
- 563. You know, you and I...
- 564. How's the professor?
- 565. He's good.
- 566. Good.
- 567. There's an abandoned military compound
at Alkali Lake in the Canadian Rockies
- 568. close to where we found you.
There's not much left but...
- 569. you might find some answers.
- 570. - Thank you.
- Are you going to say goodbye to them?
- 571. The Mutant Registration Act
lost its main proponent
- 572. with the reversal of Senator Robert Kelly
- 573. who until now had provided the loudest
voice in the cry for mutant registration.
- 574. I was wrong in this particular issue and I
hope, in time, I may be forgiven. Thank you.
- 575. The Mutant Registration Act
continues to draw support...
- 576. Mystique.
- 577. Son of a bitch.
- 578. from many parents´rights groups
who feel threatened by unidentified mutants.
- 579. In a related story, the body of Senator Kelly´s
aide, Henry Guyrich, was found today.
- 580. Preliminary coroner´s reports seem to
indicate that Guyrich was mauled by a bear.
- 581. Hey!
- 582. - You running again?
- Not really.
- 583. I have some things to take care of up north.
- 584. I kinda like it.
- 585. I don't want you to go.
- 586. I'll be back for this.
- 587. Doesn't it ever wake you in the night,
- 588. the feeling that someday they will pass
that foolish law, or one just like it,
- 589. and come for you?
- 590. And your children?
- 591. It does indeed.
- 592. What do you do when you wake up to that?
- 593. I feel a swell of pity for the poor soul who
comes to that school looking for trouble.
- 594. Why do you come here, Charles?
- 595. Why do you ask questions
to which you already know the answers?
- 596. Oh, yes. Your continuing search for hope.
- 597. You know this plastic prison of theirs
won't hold me for ever.
- 598. The war is still coming, Charles,
and I intend to fight it.
- 599. By any means necessary.
- 600. And I will always be there.
- 601. Old friend.