- 1. What is this?
- 2. Don't you know who I am?
- 3. Now, follow me.
- 4. Carefully, just like this.
- 5. Okay, raise your paper.
- 6. And with scales, some grass, some clouds.
- 7. Huh? Oh.
- 8. Stupid teacher.
- 9. Whoa.
- 10. - Hi, Mom.
- Hi, sweetie.
- 11. Hi, Dad.
- 12. There you are. Hungry? You want a snack?
- 13. Hey, Dad.
- 14. - What'd you learn?
- We learned about dragons.
- 15. - Your mom forgot you. She doesn't—
- Jimmy, stop. It's rude.
- 16. You know it's only the two of them.
She's trying her best.
- 17. I'm Li Na.
- 18. I'm Din.
- 19. You can walk home with me.
- 20. My dad's always late.
- 21. - Which one?
- This one.
- 22. Fly, little Clucky!
- 23. I'll call you later.
- 24. No, no, you first got to
multiply the top by the bottom.
- 25. - Come here, little monkey. Up!
- Bye, Din!
- 26. Hot!
- 27. - You're late!
- I had to get the stuff!
- 28. All right, scales. Oh! Roller skates!
- 29. Ready, set, awesome dragon kite!
- 30. I guess it didn't work.
- 31. Let's make a promise
to be best friends forever.
- 32. Friends forever…
- 33. …year by year,
- 34. upon this we will always swear.
- 35. - Come on. It's time to go.
- Dad, we said—
- 36. Li Na, we've been over this already.
- 37. I have to go, Din.
- 38. But I fixed our kite.
- 39. Come along, Li Na.
- 40. Take care, kiddo.
- 41. Bye, Din.
- 42. Eyes ahead, Na Na.
- 43. We're off to a… a better life,
and we have to leave this one behind.
- 44. Okay, uh, next up,
235 Gao Shue Street.
- 45. - Delivery!
- Thank you!
- 46. You're welcome!
- 47. - Delivery! Have a nice day!
- Thank you!
- 48. - Delivery! Welcome!
- Thank you.
- 49. - Delivery!
- Thank you.
- 50. - Delivery!
- Thank you.
- 51. Oh, Wei! Wei, Wei, Wei, Wei!
- 52. Din? Be careful.
- 53. What are you doing?
- 54. - Wei! Old buddy…
- Dude, you gotta watch where you're going.
- 55. - Think you could get the assignment?
- You haven't been to class in two weeks.
- 56. I gotta earn extra cash
for this thing I'm working on.
- 57. Thing? Wait a minute,
does this have to do with that girl?
- 58. What? No.
- 59. Maybe.
- 60. Okay, it's her birthday.
I'm planning something special.
- 61. So, can you just get me
the assignment, please?
- 62. - I'll do your homework for a week.
- 63. Thanks. You're the best.
- 64. So smart and yet so stupid.
- 65. Last delivery.
- 66. Uh, hello?
- 67. Uh, hello?
- 68. Did somebody order dumpling soup?
- 69. Whoa.
- 70. - Um, hello?
- Come in.
- 71. It's locked.
- 72. I know.
- 73. Oh. Well, uh, I'll just…
- 74. Did you order the dumpling soup?
- 75. I am a god.
- 76. Okay,
- 77. but did you order the—
- 78. And I have chosen you!
For you are pure of heart.
- 79. Oh. Um.
- 80. Well, I try to be friendly.
- 81. Keep my five-star rating.
- 82. Now, will you be paying with cash or—
- 83. Take this.
- 84. It contains everything you need.
- 85. Um, actually, I need $7.35—
- 86. You dare reject the will of the gods?
- 87. Kind of…
- 88. yeah?
- 89. You know what? This one's on me, okay?
I really gotta run, so…
- 90. Thanks for the teapot and have a nice day.
- 91. Wait. Hot sauce! Huh?
- 92. Whoa.
- 93. Thanks.
- 94. It's just not the same without hot sauce.
- 95. - Don't you have somewhere to be?
- 96. Wait, five o'clock?
- 97. How have I been here for an hour?
I gotta go!
- 98. Don't close. Please, don't close.
- 99. Kid, be realistic.
- 100. Wait! Wait, wait, wait!
- 101. Okay, thank you for your help!
- 102. - Hey. I know!
- Your mom's looking for you.
- 103. Water, water, water.
- 104. - D7 to checkmate!
- 105. See you tonight.
- 106. I said, "If you don't like garlic,
eat something else!"
- 107. "Like a napkin!"
- 108. Hey, Mom.
Here's the groceries you wanted.
- 109. Look who's here! You're late.
- 110. Again.
- 111. Oh. I, uh, stayed late
for study group, as usual.
- 112. Wait!
- 113. Eat. Food for your brain.
- 114. Thanks. I'll just take this inside
and have it with a side of calculus.
- 115. Ah, look at him,
all grown up and working hard.
- 116. Little Din with a college degree.
Can you believe it?
- 117. - I only wish my son had been so dedicated.
- Such a good boy.
- 118. Doing my best.
- 119. I'm gonna go get sta—
- 120. I'm happy for you, kiddo.
Your future is all set.
- 121. - A steady job, a big paycheck!
- A shiny new refrigerator.
- 122. - A nice car.
- And a flat screen. Big one!
- 123. Now, now, stop distracting him!
- 124. - He's got work to do.
- Din! I'll be right over.
- 125. Uh, yes, so much work to do.
I better get started on that—
- 126. Here's the assignment.
- 127. The teacher said if you don't come
to at least one class this semester,
- 128. he's going to fail you.
- 129. Oh, hey, Ms. Din.
Even if you ace the final…
- 130. again.
- 131. I'm sorry.
- 132. I knew it. You've been skipping school
and lying to your mother.
- 133. What have you been doing?
Lounging in some internet cafe?
- 134. - Can you believe it?
- Such a bad boy.
- 135. You're not helping!
- 136. Why do this? You're a good student!
You could ruin your future.
- 137. - True. There goes the college degree.
- You're not helping!
- 138. - I just—
- Just what?
- 139. I was just doing a little side job.
- 140. Side job?
- 141. You have one job, and one job only.
That is to study.
- 142. - I know, but—
- But what?
- 143. What could possibly
be more important than studying?
- 144. Nothing, Mom.
- 145. Nothing.
- 146. - This is getting juicy.
- What did he say? I can't hear.
- 147. You're not helping!
- 148. - I know I'm hard on you, but I'm—
- You're right, Mom.
- 149. You're right.
- 150. It's there?
- 151. This can't be right.
- 152. - Uh, what are we looking for again?
- A teapot!
- 153. Open the door.
- 154. Good evening, gentlemen.
- 155. This area's off-limits.
- 156. Can I help you?
- 157. Yes, I believe you can.
- 158. Stop! Stop! Stop right there.
- 159. - Put your hands where I can see them.
- 160. I'm afraid that's not going to happen.
- 161. - Uh… Okay, sir.
- You first, man.
- 162. - You're under arrest.
- Hold on a minute, there.
- 163. Ow.
- 164. Huh?
- 165. I'll fix that later.
- 166. Whoa!
- 167. Aiya. She's late again.
- 168. Okay.
- 169. Oh, uh…
- 170. What? Oh, that old thing.
- 171. Huh?
- 172. Well, well, well.
- 173. Look who decided to show up.
- 174. Starting to take me for granted, huh?
- 175. I'm kidding. I'm kidding.
- 176. So, what do you think of the suit?
- 177. Good enough to get into the birthday party
of the famous Li Na Wang?
- 178. Good.
- 179. I think so too.
- 180. Okay, Din, tomorrow's the big day.
- 181. How are we gonna do this?
What am I gonna say?
- 182. Happy birthday, it's your best friend Din!
No, that's too strong.
- 183. Good evening, Li Na.
- 184. Will you allow me to kiss your hand?
- 185. Ugh. Man, quit being a creep, Din.
- 186. Huh?
- 187. Oh yeah, sure, I'll dance with you.
- 188. Say, you look kind of familiar.
- 189. I got you a present. You still like kites?
- 190. What am I saying?
Of course she still likes kites.
- 191. Okay, just… calm down.
- 192. Be honest.
- 193. Hey, Li Na. Happy birthday.
- 194. I just want to say,
- 195. it's been a long time and…
- 196. …I miss you.
- 197. What?
- 198. Oh, gosh. Um…
- 199. Hold on, I can fix this.
- 200. Oh, come on.
- 201. Wha—
- 202. What was I thinking?
- 203. No, no, no!
- 204. Ah…
- 205. I must look totally crazy.
- 206. It's just…
- 207. I don't know what else to do.
- 208. I can see my whole life
laid out ahead of me,
- 209. and I'm trying my best,
trying to make everyone proud,
- 210. but the whole time
it feels like something is missing.
- 211. I just wish…
- 212. I just wish I could keep our promise.
- 213. Tea is ready.
- 214. Wait, what? The tea is ready?
- 215. Huh?
- 216. Well, that was…
- 217. Greetings, great master!
- 218. The heavens have opened,
your wishes will be granted,
- 219. for I am LongZhu!
- 220. Huh?
- 221. Oh, a peasant boy.
Well, this'll be easy.
- 222. Look, I know what you're thinking.
- 223. "Do my eyes deceive me?"
- 224. "A super, all-powerful,
magical Wish Dragon!"
- 225. "Could this be real? Is magic real?"
- 226. Yes.
- 227. It's real.
- 228. Now that we got that out of the way,
onto the important part.
- 229. Am I… am I dead?
- 230. Grandma! It's Din!
- 231. - I fell off the roof. I'm coming for you!
- No, no.
- 232. No, you're very much alive.
- 233. I am a magical Wish Dragon,
- 234. who will grant three wishes
to the owner of this teapot.
- 235. And you, sir, are my master!
- 236. So, go ahead, wish away!
- 237. Okay, you got me.
Where are the hidden cameras?
- 238. - Great joke, guys.
- 239. - Is this a hologram or something?
- I assure you not.
- 240. Ah!
- 241. Do you wish for
a suit of armor made of solid gold?
- 242. It shall be so.
- 243. Do you wish
for the strength of 1,000 men? Boom!
- 244. - It shall be so.
- 245. For the finest carriage in all the land?
- 246. Pow! It's yours!
- 247. The wings of a hawk!
- 248. Or the legs of a giraffe.
Feels good up here, right?
- 249. Or anything else
- 250. that your heart desires.
- 251. I'm thinking about starting one of those—
- 252. Where they sell animals. Pet-type stores.
- 253. You going to sell Chow Chows?
That's a good dog.
- 254. No one will be selling anything
if we don't find that teapot.
- 255. Every time I try
to make casual conversation,
- 256. you guys give me a hard time.
- 257. Wha—
- 258. So, you're a Wish Dragon?
- 259. Yes.
- 260. How many wishes do I get?
- 261. You get three wishes.
- 262. - How do you fit in this teapot?
- Uh, it's magic. It's a magic teapot.
- 263. So small. How old are you?
- 264. - That's not—
- Where'd you come from?
- 265. - All you need—
- Look at your arms.
- 266. Why are you pink? Shouldn't you be green?
Your face is so soft. I want to touch it.
- 267. Oh, can you breathe fire?
- 268. Okay. Look, peasant boy.
- 269. I don't have time.
I'm not here to be your friend—
- 270. Whoa, you have to earn my friendship,
- 271. and frankly you're not doing a good job.
- 272. Listen carefully.
- 273. Every Wish Dragon must serve 10 masters
- 274. before they're free
to enter the spirit world.
- 275. And you are the last one.
- 276. Now, I've been stuck…
- 277. …in this teapot for 1,000 years.
- 278. The sooner we get this over with,
- 279. Have I made myself clear?
- 280. Ha!
- 281. Wha—
- 282. I'm terribly sorry, young man,
but I need that teapot.
- 283. Uh, I— I think it's his.
- 284. Only the owner of the teapot can see me.
- 285. Well, I'm sure he won't miss it.
- 286. No way. I found it. Whoa!
- 287. Not good.
- 288. I wish I knew how to fight.
- 289. Come here.
- 290. That's a good teapot.
- 291. Huh?
- 292. Huh?
- 293. Whoa.
- 294. What the…
- 295. No, no, no, I didn't mean that.
- 296. I take it back.
- 297. Gimme that.
- 298. Teapot.
- 299. Give me that teapot right now.
- 300. Huh? Oh!
- 301. Whoa, I just kicked through a door!
- 302. Gimme! Gimme! Mine! Mine!
- 303. You little twerp!
- 304. Ah!
- 305. Uh… nobody's home?
- 306. I'm done asking nicely.
- 307. Are you telling me a teenage boy
out-fought two full-grown men?
- 308. - Well, sir—
- Actually, three men.
- 309. - Two-and-a-half.
- You should have seen him.
- 310. It was 1,000 punches a minute.
- 311. I've never seen so many arms and legs.
- 312. This is not good.
- 313. The boy knows what he has.
- 314. Sir, if I may ask,
- 315. what exactly does he have?
- 316. That's none of your business.
I'm paying you to find it.
- 317. - That is your only concern.
- You haven't paid.
- 318. You'll be paid when I have the teapot,
beyond your wildest dreams!
- 319. Do you understand?
- 320. Forgive our incompetence, sir.
- 321. But the boy did leave something behind.
- 322. It's only a matter of time
before we find him.
- 323. Din, up now!
- 324. - How about a kick to the face?
- Huh? I said up!
- 325. - Ow.
- Breakfast is on the table.
- 326. Thanks, Mom.
- 327. What a crazy dream.
- 328. Din, I'm working late tonight.
- 329. So, leftovers for dinner, okay?
- 330. Mmm!
- 331. Delicious.
- 332. So, leftovers for dinner.
- 333. Yeah.
- 334. Leftovers.
- 335. Aiya.
- 336. Stupid shoes.
- 337. Hey Mom, if you could wish for anything,
what would it be?
- 338. Din, why are you
asking silly questions? Eat.
- 339. Okay, but seriously, Mom,
- 340. if you could wish for anything.
- 341. - A big house in the countryside?
- Din, we went over this yesterday.
- 342. I want you to focus on your future.
- 343. That is what I wish for.
- 344. I'm more focused
than I've ever been in my entire life.
- 345. Hmm. Good.
Now hurry up. You're gonna be late.
- 346. - What's that face? I know that.
- I don't have a face. What?
- 347. Go to school. Stop planning things.
- 348. Um, hello?
- 349. Dragon thingy?
- 350. You in there?
- 351. Excellent work, peasant boy.
- 352. One wish down, two to go.
We could be done by lunch.
- 353. What did you do to me?
Why do I know kung fu?
- 354. You're welcome. You wish you could fight.
I made you a master.
- 355. I didn't wish for… Hey, that's not fair.
- 356. You said "wish."
- 357. Oh, so just 'cause I said "wish,"
now I'm stuck with these kung fu powers?
- 358. Cool.
- 359. Yes, it's all very cool.
- 360. So, onto that second wish.
- 361. Let me recommend the all-time favorite.
- 362. A giant pile of gold!
- 363. Now, repeat after me.
"I wish for…" You're not talking.
- 364. "A giant pile of…"
You're not saying anything.
- 365. Hey, stop rushing me.
- 366. Ah, you must be the conquering type.
I see that killer instinct in your eyes.
- 367. Easy. Just wish for
your very own personal army!
- 368. Why would I need an army?
- 369. You're quite a simple fellow.
- 370. Not to worry.
Here's one the peasant-folk love.
- 371. I can allow you to speak with a loved one
- 372. on the other side of China!
- 373. I'm a loved one.
I can't hear you. You're very far away.
- 374. - There's a wall here. It's cool, but—
- You mean, like, a cell phone?
- 375. Ah!
- 376. What dark magic is this?
- 377. Where is the tiny orchestra?
- 378. How do they fit in this metal box?
- 379. Two wishes. Anything I want.
- 380. The birthday party.
I know what I want.
- 381. Wait, a wish?
- 382. Yeah, yeah, a wish.
- 383. Excellent.
- 384. Ah!
- 385. A giant metal bird?
- 386. - What are you doing?
- Uh, riding my magical Wish Dragon. Away!
- 387. What are you doing?
- 388. If you're not gonna let me ride you,
we catch the bus.
- 389. The "bus"?
Is that some kind of animal?
- 390. - How long have you been in that teapot?
- Is it still the Qing Dynasty?
- 391. - Ooh!
- 392. How did you get in there?
- 393. Don't ignore me when I'm talking, peasant.
- 394. It's not a little man. It's television.
- 395. What's this?
- 396. Car.
- 397. Ah, the spoils of war on display?
- 398. What is this invisible force—
- 399. - What purpose—
- Stop light.
- 400. - What in the world?
- Ice cream.
- 401. - How is this—
- 402. - I know it's all amazing—
- 403. When you've been around
as long as I have,
- 404. there's nothing in this world
that could amaze—
- 405. "Shrimp chips."
- 406. Peasant food, no doubt.
- 407. Magnificent!
- 408. Okay, we're here.
- 409. - You gonna make a wish now?
- I will. Just wait until we get there.
- 410. Get where?
- 411. Great Wall of China!
- 412. A giant chariot made of steel and glass!
- 413. Long, this is bus. Come on.
- 414. - Out of the way.
- My word!
- 415. - And watch your step. Carefully.
- Thank you, kind sir.
- 416. - No. There must be a better…
- Long, what are you doing?
- 417. Ah!
- 418. That's more like it.
- 419. Long, what are you doing?
- 420. Getting a personal carriage.
- 421. I can't afford a personal carriage,
which is why we were taking the bus.
- 422. Did you just steal my money?
- 423. - …we won't make the express.
- 424. - Hey, where did you get this?
- You know, magic.
- 425. I, uh, had a really big lunch.
- 426. This is more like it!
- 427. Huh?
- 428. Uh, what is this?
- 429. Traffic.
- 430. Traffic.
- 431. - That some kind of national holiday?
- 432. You mean to tell me this happens
every single day?
- 433. The sun is moving faster than us.
- 434. This is worse than my teapot.
- 435. Ugh! I'm never going to make it in time.
I wish this traffic would just—
- 436. Yes, go ahead.
- 437. Long, I'm not gonna
waste a wish on traffic!
- 438. Look, Din, you're gonna have to use—
- 439. You're gonna have to—
- 440. You're going to have to—
- 441. You're gonna have to use—
- 442. Use a wish!
- 443. You son of a cabbage farmer!
There is no place to go!
- 444. Blow your trumpet all you want.
It won't make any difference at all!
- 445. You know, Long,
we'll get there eventually.
- 446. Even if it takes all day.
- 447. All day?
- 448. I heard one traffic jam
lasted three weeks.
- 449. If only I had
a magical dragon that could fly.
- 450. I know what you're trying. Not gonna work.
- 451. I spent 1,000 years in that teapot.
I can spend hours in your traffic.
- 452. Hey, I got an idea. Why don't we listen
to the tiny orchestra while we wait?
- 453. Not gonna work, Din.
- 454. Use your wish, Din.
- 455. Fine!
- 456. Ah!
- 457. Careful what you don't wish for.
- 458. - Push me too far, I will not hesitate to—
- Fly everywhere?
- 459. You're amazing! Look.
Is there anything you can't do?
- 460. Well, that's very— Ah!
- 461. Anyways, where are we going?
- 462. Ah, there it is! Down there.
- 463. We're here.
- 464. - Wishing time.
- 465. Excellent.
I see where this is going.
- 466. Now, when choosing a palace,
it is very important that—
- 467. Uh, what are you do—
- 468. Quit goofing off. This is serious.
- 469. Okay, what's the wish?
- 470. Okay, you see her?
- 471. Hi, good evening.
- 472. - Thank you for coming.
- Li Na, happy birthday.
- 473. How are you?
- 474. That's my second wish, Long.
- 475. - I wish—
- Stop, stop, stop!
- 476. - I can't do love.
- What? No, Long, it's not—
- 477. Couple of rules.
I can't time travel, I can't kill,
- 478. and it pains me to inform you, not really,
I can't make people fall in love with you.
- 479. No, no, no, it's not like that, Long.
- 480. She's my best friend.
- 481. That's my wish.
- 482. I want my friend back.
- 483. Wait, rewind. You can wish
for anything in the whole world,
- 484. and you waste it on a friend?
- 485. What could be more important?
- 486. - Is that a trick question?
- 487. Literally anything else.
- 488. Let me think, a golden chamber pot,
a palace made entirely of jade,
- 489. an army of terracotta warriors!
Why are you wasting a wish on some girl?
- 490. Oh! That's right.
- 491. Sorry, I can't expect you to understand.
- 492. I haven't explained everything.
- 493. Ten years ago, a cool spring day.
A gentle breeze.
- 494. A lonely boy waits after school. Me.
- 495. Enter the girl, Li Na, throwing dumplings
and defending my honor. Then we…
- 496. This is really happening.
This should be so easy.
- 497. Three wishes and I'm done.
But no, I get stuck with this simpleton.
- 498. Just look at him with his mindless grin.
- 499. So naive. So ignorant.
- 500. So stupid.
- 501. Why?
- 502. What have I done to deserve this?
- 503. And then she drove away
and I never saw her again.
- 504. It's okay, Long. I get emotional too
just talking about it.
- 505. I can't make people fall in love.
Why would I make someone your friend?
- 506. What? No, she's already my friend.
I just need to get into the party.
- 507. A wish! Why didn't you just say so?
- 508. Yeah, I wish to be a princeling.
- 509. All right, here we go.
Stand back and it shall be so!
- 510. Done and done. Now, onto that final wish.
- 511. What is this?
- 512. What? I made you a prince.
- 513. No, no, I said princeling.
- 514. Like one of those guys
with the fancy suit,
- 515. the Rolex watch
and the chauffeured car,
- 516. the personal assistant—
- 517. That's like ten different wishes.
You have two.
- 518. Fine. How about a temporary version,
just for today?
- 519. You're seriously going to wish
to be rich for 24 hours?
- 520. I don't care about that.
- 521. I just need to reconnect with Li Na.
She won't care if I'm poor.
- 522. I'm sorry I'm laughing,
- 523. but that is the dumbest thing
I've ever heard. Of course she'll care.
- 524. Yeah, well, it's my wish and not yours.
- 525. Shoot me with your magic juice.
- 526. Fine, 24 hours.
- 527. Perfect!
- 528. And the car.
- 529. Whoa.
- 530. Perfect.
- 531. And the personal assistant who has to do
everything I ask for the next 24 hours.
- 532. Long, you look good as a human.
Now, walking can be tricky, but—
- 533. Okay, party time.
- 534. Oh, uh.
- 535. Good afternoon.
I'd like to inquire about a customer.
- 536. Follow me.
- 537. Oh, yeah.
Now, these are my kind of people.
- 538. The servants' entrance is around back.
- 539. Whoa.
- 540. This is amazing.
- 541. Oh, you got in.
- 542. - I've never been so humiliated in—
- Coat check, thank you.
- 543. There she is.
- 544. She looks so…
- 545. important.
- 546. - Li Na.
- It's so good to see you again.
- 547. How does it feel to be 19, dear?
- 548. Oh, well, I've actually been feeling
really confused lately—
- 549. Great, dear. What would you say
about being the new face of Shin Makeup?
- 550. Actually, I no longer rep products
that use animal testing.
- 551. - Where's your father?
- Li Na?
- 552. I'll have him sign the contract.
- 553. - Li Na!
- It's so great to see you again!
- 554. I want to talk about your future.
- 555. I've been thinking about my future.
- 556. Inflatable bras, the future of fashion.
I want you to be a part.
- 557. - Yeah, I'm not sure—
- That's great!
- 558. I'll have a shoot scheduled ASAP.
- 559. - Happy birthday!
- It's so— Oh, it's you, Buckley.
- 560. We're halfway through the list.
You're doing great.
- 561. Yeah, great. Any word from my dad?
- 562. He's working hard, just like we are.
- 563. So, how about a little bit less of this,
- 564. and more of this!
- 565. All right, Din. Here we go.
- 566. Got it. Game face.
- 567. - Whoo. Here we go!
- Hi, Li Na! Happy—
- 568. Hi, it's so great to see you again.
- 569. - Oh, I feel that same way. So—
- This is just the greatest day of my life.
- 570. Uh, wow, you too?
- 571. Uh, wait, before I forget,
I brought you a little something.
- 572. - Hi, it's so good to see you again.
- Actually, we never met.
- 573. - If I may?
- Hi, it's so great to see you again.
- 574. So, how's your best friend?
- 575. I… I don't know what happened.
- 576. She didn't even recognize me.
- 577. Great. Dreams crushed.
We're done here, right?
- 578. I'll have two to go.
- 579. Ladies and gentlemen,
time for a treat.
- 580. If we could have the birthday girl
and her father come to the dance floor…
- 581. There she is.
- 582. And now her father, Mr. Wang,
come to the stage.
- 583. Calling Mr. Wang!
- 584. - Come on, Dad. Don't be shy.
- Mr. Wang?
- 585. Mr. Wang, come on down!
- 586. I'm sure he'll be here any second.
- 587. Mr. Wang.
- 588. Wang? Do I have the right name?
- 589. What kind of father doesn't show up
to his daughter's birthday?
- 590. - I know.
- Come on.
- 591. - We gotta do something.
- Mic was on. I apologize.
- 592. Ladies and gentlemen,
if I could have your attention here.
- 593. It's time for the entertainment portion.
- 594. Long, make some smoke. Lights.
- 595. From the streets of Shaolin,
kung fu like you've never seen it before.
- 596. Introducing the great master!
- 597. Trained in the art of Dragon Style.
- 598. Ooh!
- 599. Now, everyone,
keep your eyes on the stage as I…
- 600. Uh, that's it.
Show's over. Thank you, folks. Bye!
- 601. Personal assistant.
- 602. Never been so insulted.
- 603. Lucky number eight!
- 604. Sir, caviar crème anglaise amuse-bouche?
- 605. You don't have
any, uh, shrimp chips, do you?
- 606. Uh, no.
- 607. Oh, no.
- 608. What's a man like you
doing all by himself?
- 609. So true. Who needs wine
when you have good company?
- 610. I believe you've misunder—
- 611. I don't normally
move this fast, but…
- 612. Sorry, must run.
- 613. Hello…
- 614. Li Na?
- 615. Oh, handsome?
- 616. Playing hard to get, I see.
- 617. Water. Water. I just need water.
- 618. Refreshing.
- 619. Where's that kid?
- 620. Hello?
- 621. - Li Na, is that you?
- Go away. I'm busy.
- 622. Ah, yeah, I can see you're busy.
- 623. Yes, very busy.
- 624. Okay, I… I just…
- 625. I'm the one who did
that whole kung fu thing.
- 626. I was just trying to…
- 627. I know what you were trying to do.
- 628. Thanks.
- 629. Are you okay?
- 630. Yeah.
- 631. I'm fine.
- 632. Here, take this.
- 633. Thank you.
- 634. Just… just one night
out of the whole year,
- 635. I thought maybe he could make time.
- 636. I don't know why I'm letting it get to me.
- 637. I'm sorry.
- 638. This is so embarrassing.
I don't normally cry like this.
- 639. Here, you got a little something
on your face.
- 640. Yeah, it's not really coming off.
- 641. I'm sorry.
I must look totally crazy.
- 642. No, no.
- 643. I just… don't know what else to do.
- 644. It's like, I can see my whole life
laid out ahead of me,
- 645. and I'm trying my best,
trying to make everyone proud,
- 646. but… no matter how hard I try,
I just feel like…
- 647. Like…
- 648. Something is missing.
- 649. Exactly.
- 650. There you are, snake eyes.
- 651. I'm sorry, do I—
- 652. Oh! Ah!
- 653. Oh, jeez, are you okay?
- 654. I'm fine.
- 655. Here.
- 656. Thanks.
- 657. I'm sorry for being so rude.
I don't think I got your name earlier.
- 658. Have we met before?
- 659. Um, well, actually…
- 660. I'm—
- 661. There you are. Miss Wang, thank goodness.
- 662. Just in time.
Your father will be here any second.
- 663. - He made it?
- Uh, yes.
- 664. Li Na! There you are.
- 665. - Oh. Hi, Dad.
- Buckley informs me the party was perfect.
- 666. Oh! Uh, yes, it was.
- 667. - Thank you, Dad.
- You had a good time?
- 668. Yes, of course.
I spoke to everyone you wanted me to
- 669. and I think I was able to make
some really important… connections.
- 670. Hello? Hello? Ah, there we go.
- 671. Here, I brought you something special.
- 672. Oh! Uh…
- 673. - Here you are.
- Go ahead. Open it!
- 674. I had to send my assistant
to half the jewelers in Shanghai.
- 675. It's true.
- 676. - I know you appreciate something special.
- Oh, of course.
- 677. Just as much as last year.
- 678. Thank you, Dad.
- 679. Oh, uh, did I?
Na Na, I'm sorry. You know, I—
- 680. Well, you can never have too much
of a good thing, right?
- 681. Excuse me,
I… I didn't see you there, young man.
- 682. Allow me to get you a closer look, sir.
- 683. Here you are.
- 684. Good quality leather,
excellent suit, Rolex.
- 685. And what's the family business?
- 686. Uh, dumplings!
- 687. I mean, Dumpling House.
I mean, restaurants in general.
- 688. All of them.
- 689. Ah, a young man of means, I see.
Reminds me of myself.
- 690. You two should have lunch.
- 691. - Dad!
- Uh, yes.
- 692. - Of course. I'd love that.
- 693. Let's have arrangements made.
Forgive my manners.
- 694. I didn't get your name.
- 695. Oh, I'm…
- 696. - Dan.
- Pleasure to meet you, Dan.
- 697. Where would you like to go?
- 698. The Pearl Tower's excellent.
I have a reservation—
- 699. - Excuse me, sir. A very important call.
- Just give me a few minutes.
- 700. Sir, they said they need to talk now.
- 701. Put them on.
- 702. Good evening, sorry to keep you waiting.
- 703. So, um, would you really like to—
- 704. Yes. Yeah.
- 705. See you tomorrow, Dan.
- 706. We talked and it was just like old times.
- 707. We made arrangements
to have lunch. Can you believe it?
- 708. I can't believe
you didn't explain what a toilet is.
- 709. Everything is going to plan!
- 710. Oh, really, Dan.
- 711. Uh, I'll come clean when the time's right.
- 712. You're not gonna,
because there is no right time.
- 713. You're the peasant, she's the princess.
- 714. Tale as old as time.
And we all know how that ends.
- 715. - Good?
- No, not good. Terribly. Horribly!
- 716. Long, we have a special bond
that runs deeper than money or status.
- 717. Why'd you lie?
- 718. Well, I… uh…
- 719. I'll tell you.
- 720. Because the minute Li Na finds out
who you are, this will all fall apart.
- 721. You should learn
to have faith in humanity.
- 722. I've been around for 1,000 years.
I know how humans work. Not you.
- 723. - Poor Long. I see your problem.
- You're my problem.
- 724. I wouldn't expect your tiny,
reptilian brain to understand
- 725. the power of human friendship.
- 726. It's okay. I'll be your first
and only friend. Come here.
- 727. I had a million friends
when I was human. Oh, no.
- 728. Long,
- 729. - were you a—
- Yes, yes, I was human.
- 730. For heaven's sake,
have you even looked at the teapot?
- 731. And I was the best human ever!
- 732. One of the most beloved, respected lords
in history! You know why?
- 733. - You had a lot of friends?
- 734. I had all the wealth and land and power,
and everyone loved me for it.
- 735. Wait, if you're so great,
why haven't I heard of you?
- 736. We— Well, obviously some jealous rival
took credit for everything after I died.
- 737. You died.
The heavens made you a Wish Dragon?
- 738. Yes, as a reward.
- 739. - You don't seem happy.
- I'm very happy.
- 740. So, if you would just use your last wish,
- 741. and wish for the same thing
as every other master,
- 742. then I can be done
- 743. and leave this wretched world.
- 744. And finally return back to heaven,
- 745. where everyone is waiting to welcome
the great emperor home with a parade.
- 746. They have parades in heaven?
- 747. My point is there's a simple solution
to every problem in the world.
- 748. Including yours. Use it.
- 749. So, that's what you've learned
after all these years?
- 750. Yes.
- 751. Crap, ten o'clock?
My mom's getting off work.
- 752. Long, we gotta go! Hurry! Let's go!
- 753. Sir, surely you can
extend the loan one more week.
- 754. I promise, I can pay you back, sir.
- 755. Foreclosure?
Please, sir. I'm begging you.
- 756. This company is my life's work.
- 757. I have a family and a respons—
- 758. - Is everything all right, sir?
- It's fine.
- 759. Just…
- 760. just don't tell Li Na about any of this.
- 761. Well, have you found it?
- 762. We've located the boy's apartment, sir.
- 763. Yes, and?
- 764. There's no way he can come or go
without being caught.
- 765. Good.
- 766. Okay, in the teapot. Everything's normal.
- 767. - Lights on.
- Think you can bring Li Na to this dump?
- 768. Quiet, you! Homework out.
- 769. Her fridge is bigger than this apartment.
- 770. If you're not gonna say
something helpful, don't say anything.
- 771. She's here!
- 772. Uh, your suit.
- 773. Huh? Oh, no!
- 774. Din, I brought you some…
- 775. Hello, Mother.
Sure is hot out tonight, isn't it?
- 776. No, it's freezing.
You coming down with something?
- 777. Oh, no. Just… studying.
- 778. Okay. Here.
- 779. - I'll heat you up some leftovers.
- Li Na will love leftovers.
- 780. - Hey, stop it!
- Stop what?
- 781. Uh, stop worrying about me. I'm fine.
- 782. You don't seem fine.
- 783. - How was school?
- Great. School was great.
- 784. You lie to everyone, not just yourself.
- 785. - Leave me alone.
- 786. No, Mom. I was just…
- 787. - You know where to find me.
- …talking to somebody else.
- 788. Din, I'm going to ask you a question.
- 789. Remember, I'm your mother.
- 790. You can tell me the truth.
- 791. Uh-huh.
- 792. Are you…
- 793. drinking alcohol?
- 794. - No. Gimme that! I'm not drinking.
- Where are you hiding it?
- 795. Don't lie to me!
Staying out late! Skipping school!
- 796. - You're acting crazy all the time.
- 797. I am your mother!
I know when something is wrong.
- 798. - What is it?
- Nothing is wrong!
- 799. Just tell me the truth.
Whatever it is, I can help.
- 800. Mom, you can't.
- 801. Believe me.
- 802. You can't.
- 803. Go to your room.
- 804. Don't come out
if you're going to disrespect me.
- 805. - I wasn't—
- 806. Fine!
- 807. I hate this place.
- 808. - They're really going at it.
- Bring that chair.
- 809. Popcorn, anyone?
- 810. I can hear you.
- 811. Din.
- 812. Here.
- 813. You…
- 814. you need a real dinner.
- 815. Thanks.
- 816. Sorry, Mom.
- 817. Hey, little buddy. You're so cute.
You have family? Are you hungry?
- 818. You're such a cute, fluffy,
- 819. - It's him! Wake up!
- Huh? Huh?
- 820. - Hey, boss! Boss!
- Hey, boss!
- 821. - Boss!
- The boy!
- 822. Impossible.
- 823. Okay, Din. You can do this.
- 824. Just tell her the truth.
- 825. Good evening, sir.
- 826. - Oh, hey, Dan!
- 827. - Sir, may I take your jacket?
- My jacket? I just got this.
- 828. Good one, Dan.
- 829. Yeah, good one.
- 830. Sure. I have plenty more of these at home.
- 831. - Thank you. Here you are.
- 832. Sorry about all the fuss.
- 833. My dad insists on "only the best."
- 834. Actually, Li Na,
there's something I need to tell you.
- 835. I know what you're gonna say.
- 836. - You do?
- 837. It's so nice to meet someone
from a respectable family
- 838. that you enjoy talking to, right?
- 839. - Oh.
- Madame, your table is ready.
- 840. Right. Respectable.
- 841. Long, I'm supposed to be
from a respectable family.
- 842. No. What? I'm shocked. I'm stunned.
- 843. - It's exactly what I predicted.
- I need your help.
- 844. You were from royalty. Tell me what to do.
- 845. Fine. Do exactly what I say.
- 846. - Okay. Deal.
- Sir, could I offer you a hot tow—
- 847. You shouldn't let
commoners talk to you.
- 848. - Really?
- Sir, I just—
- 849. wanted to offer you a hot towel.
- 850. Sir, you just—
- 851. Madame, your table.
- 852. Demand another table,
claiming it's far superior.
- 853. Li Na, this table simply won't do.
Allow me to show you another one.
- 854. This is the table
for the hors d'oeuvres.
- 855. Well, you tell Mr. And Mrs. Hors D'oeuvres
that this is our table.
- 856. Dan, you're such a funny guy.
- 857. Funny?
- 858. Uh, are you sure you didn't mean
suave, classy, respectable.
- 859. You're too good. I'm gonna cry.
- 860. I would have her executed
for mocking royalty.
- 861. I appreciate you trying
to make this place interesting,
- 862. but how about somewhere else?
- 863. Somewhere else? Like more fancy than this?
- 864. Not good enough?
- 865. - Well played, child.
- No, like, a walk or something.
- 866. May I take your order?
- 867. - Spare no expense. Money's no object.
- One of everything.
- 868. Sir, there are over 600 items on our menu.
- 869. - Better make that three.
- 870. As you wish, sir.
- 871. So, listen, Dan, about last night,
- 872. sorry for acting so weird.
- 873. To be honest, it's nice
to have someone who listened.
- 874. Ignore her and she's yours.
- 875. Look. Rich people
never pay attention to anyone else.
- 876. All they talk about is their own business,
how much money they make.
- 877. - It's almost an art form.
- Are you listening to anything I said?
- 878. Not a word.
- 879. Um, okay, well, I was saying
it was really nice to talk to you…
- 880. We're close, Din.
Tell her how many palaces you own.
- 881. Let me stop you. Did I tell you
just how respectable my family is?
- 882. - Your first entree.
- 883. Uh-uh-uh.
- 884. For nothing.
- 885. Dan! You know what?
- 886. - You're just not who I thought you were.
- Wait, Li Na.
- 887. I don't understand.
That worked on all 17 of my wives.
- 888. - I can explain.
- What now?
- 889. I, uh…
- 890. We should…
- 891. We should go for that walk.
- 892. Maybe a run!
- 893. Bon appetit!
- 894. Surprise!
- 895. Hop on.
- 896. Fine.
- 897. Who were those men?
- 898. Gangsters.
Probably out to kidnap us for a ransom.
- 899. Come on. This way.
- 900. Oh, no.
- 901. You've always wanted
to be in a street fight.
- 902. - Help.
- 903. - Stay calm.
- Come on, please.
- 904. Dan?
- 905. Look what I found!
- 906. Look at me.
How did I become a piñata?
- 907. - I think we lost them.
- 908. So, when exactly
were you going to apologize, Dan?
- 909. I…
- 910. Huh?
- 911. The other way! Other way!
- 912. Li Na, I really do want to say I'm sorry.
- 913. Sorry for what exactly?
- 914. Sorry for acting like such a jerk.
- 915. Apology accepted.
- 916. Now, get him, Dan.
Kick him right in his stupid face!
- 917. Kick him!
- 918. Hand over the teapot, kid.
- 919. I didn't sign up for this.
If you made your last wish, we— Oh, no.
- 920. This literally could not get any wo—
- 921. - Good one.
- Ah. Thanks.
- 922. Eat metal, dirt bag!
- 923. How do you like them apples, huh?
- 924. Crap!
- 925. Incoming!
- 926. Trust me.
- 927. - Li Na, I think we're gonna have to—
- 928. Don't worry. We got this.
- 929. Oh, no!
- 930. Oh, my God!
- 931. You know what, Dan?
This is turning into a pretty good date.
- 932. Oh, no!
- 933. - Are you okay?
- I think so.
- 934. I'm fine. Thank you for asking.
- 935. Oh, boy.
- 936. What happened?
- 937. Time's up, Dan.
- 938. What happened?
Well, we jumped off a building.
- 939. We almost died.
- 940. - Your 24 hours are over.
- We beat up some gangsters.
- 941. - No.
- Okay, that was mostly you.
- 942. You gotta teach me some of that kung fu.
- 943. Whoops.
- 944. Reflexes.
- 945. Wait, what happened to your suit?
- 946. Look, Li Na.
- 947. There's… something I need to tell you.
- 948. You have one more wish.
You don't have to do this.
- 949. My real name isn't Dan.
- 950. It's…
- 951. Din.
- 952. You're Din.
- 953. I'm sorry.
- 954. But… why did you lie?
- 955. I wasn't planning to. I just…
- 956. I was worried that if you found out
it was, well, just me,
- 957. everything would end.
- 958. So, you still live around here?
- 959. Yeah.
- 960. In that same old shikumen?
- 961. Yeah.
- 962. I told you this wouldn't end well.
- 963. Wait.
- 964. I remember this alley.
- 965. We used to take a shortcut through here
on the way home from school.
- 966. Uh, yeah.
- 967. And Mrs. Chu would sell
those roasted yams.
- 968. Hey, look at that! It's Mrs. Chu!
- 969. Hi, Mrs. Chu. It's Li Na Wang.
- 970. - Do you remember—
- One buck, two yams. No bargaining!
- 971. - Some things never change.
- 972. Sold! Next.
- 973. - Ow, ow.
- 974. So good!
- 975. Hold on, is that…
- 976. Huh?
- 977. No way!
- 978. Yeah, new decade, same sweatpants!
- 979. Hey, Din, what do you think
about a little race?
- 980. - Three, two, one, go!
- 981. Hey!
- 982. Ah!
- 983. Okay.
- 984. Not fair.
- 985. So, your old apartment
has to be right around the corner.
- 986. Oh, I don't know
if that's such a good idea.
- 987. - Hey Weijing, you have any green onions?
- Hi, Mrs. Song.
- 988. I'm sorry. Do I know you?
- 989. Hey, Mom. So, uh, surprise!
- 990. We have an unexpected visitor.
- 991. A girl? That's why you're acting crazy?
- 992. All this time worried you were drugged out
in some internet cafe. It was a girl.
- 993. - It's Li Na!
- Just a—
- 994. Hi.
- 995. Li Na? What are you doing here?
- 996. Just visiting an old friend.
- 997. Oh.
- 998. Well, where are my manners? Come in.
- 999. You and I are not finished.
- 1000. - She's so pretty now.
- Like a princess.
- 1001. Well, her nose is a little flat.
- 1002. Start with this.
- 1003. - You really shouldn't go to—
- You're skinnier than a broom handle.
- 1004. - I wasn't expecting—
- Li Na!
- 1005. Did you know Din puts flowers
on Clucky's grave every year?
- 1006. Mr. Huang, cut it out.
- 1007. I did not know that.
- 1008. He's so cute. He even cries a little.
- 1009. I am not crying. I am mourning.
- 1010. - He even brings flowers.
- A tiny bouquet!
- 1011. Come in.
- 1012. What? You're saying that's not my son?
- 1013. You knew. Don't lie to me.
- 1014. You were lying to me
this whole time.
- 1015. You just wanted
to inherit my dad's business.
- 1016. - Right. I will.
- I know what you did!
- 1017. You think you can fool me?
I saw you with that guy.
- 1018. You have no idea.
- 1019. I should've
listened to my mother.
- 1020. - I am your mother.
- 1021. Here.
- 1022. Oh, wow. Oh!
It's like a time machine up here.
- 1023. Yeah, sorry. This is the only place
I can get peace and quiet.
- 1024. You'll never have peace.
- 1025. Because the ghost
of Clucky will always haunt you!
- 1026. No, Clucky! You're dead.
- 1027. Are you gonna cry?
Are we gonna see tears now?
- 1028. I regret nothing. You were delicious.
- 1029. You're gonna know
what regret tastes like.
- 1030. Get away from me, you ghost chicken.
- 1031. - Why did you eat me?
- It was Li Na. She made me do it.
- 1032. Selling me out.
- 1033. - That's cold.
- It was your idea.
- 1034. Yeah. I guess we had
a lot of crazy ideas back then.
- 1035. Yeah.
- 1036. Huh? Oh!
- 1037. Here.
- 1038. Hey, do you remember that promise we made?
- 1039. - The pinky—
- Of course!
- 1040. How'd it go? Um…
- 1041. Friends forever, day by…
- 1042. Year by year,
- 1043. upon this we will always…
- 1044. swear.
- 1045. - Oh!
- 1046. - God!
- Are you okay?
- 1047. I'm fine. I'm fine.
- 1048. Sorry, I wasn't expecting
my own giant face.
- 1049. So embarrassing.
- 1050. Don't be embarrassed.
When I first saw that, I almost fell over.
- 1051. But it's been nice.
Kind of like you were back.
- 1052. But, you know, giant and glowing,
and super glamorous.
- 1053. Doesn't hold a candle
to the real thing, though.
- 1054. What do you say we go for a real date?
- 1055. No Dan or any of that.
- 1056. I…
- 1057. Sorry.
- 1058. Where have you been?
The shoot starts in an hour!
- 1059. What happened to your hair?
I'm sending a car!
- 1060. Um…
- 1061. Din…
- 1062. I had a really wonderful time tonight,
- 1063. but I have to go.
- 1064. - Thanks for letting me borrow this.
- Keep it till next time.
- 1065. No, really, I—
- 1066. Not like I'm not gonna see you
- 1067. …ten years.
- 1068. Din,
- 1069. the truth is,
I have this whole other life now.
- 1070. You know? A career.
- 1071. A future that my dad
worked really hard for.
- 1072. Certain expectations I have to meet.
- 1073. Let me guess.
- 1074. I don't meet those expectations.
- 1075. I…
- 1076. You don't understand.
- 1077. I… I'm just trying to be…
- 1078. realistic.
- 1079. I'm sorry.
- 1080. Hey, Din.
- 1081. Did you know that shrimp chips
- 1082. don't actually have any shrimp
in the ingredients?
- 1083. Okay.
- 1084. Din…
- 1085. …things are simpler when you're children.
- 1086. But you're older now.
- 1087. And, well,
- 1088. you have to be realistic.
- 1089. Din.
- 1090. Good news, Long.
- 1091. You can finally be rid of me.
- 1092. I'm ready for my third wish.
- 1093. You are?
- 1094. Make me rich.
- 1095. Piles of gold.
- 1096. However you do it.
- 1097. - But—
- I thought it wouldn't matter.
- 1098. That she wouldn't care.
- 1099. That was stupid.
- 1100. Give me the gold,
and I can have some of that good life.
- 1101. People will treat me with respect.
- 1102. Heck, I'm sure everyone will want
to be my friend then.
- 1103. Din…
- 1104. Are you sure?
- 1105. Am I sure? You've been telling me
to make this wish since we met.
- 1106. Well, you were right. Okay? I was wrong.
- 1107. There you go, that's my wish.
- 1108. Just grant it, and you can
go back to your spirit world
- 1109. and your stupid parade in the sky.
- 1110. Just grant the wish, Long.
- 1111. What?
- 1112. Din, I'll grant your wish.
- 1113. But first,
there's something I need to show you.
- 1114. You found the boy. Where is he?
- 1115. - At the Pearl Tower, sir.
- Yeah, with a girl.
- 1116. - But I'm afraid he escaped again.
- What? How?
- 1117. Hey, that doesn't belong to you.
- 1118. Listen to me. I am out of time. I need—
- 1119. - Li Na! Aren't you supposed to be at—
- I'm sorry, Dad. We really need to talk.
- 1120. Of course.
- 1121. - I'm just on a very important call.
- 1122. Please.
- 1123. Sir.
- 1124. Do you remember when we lived
in that old shikumen?
- 1125. - I know we didn't have much but—
- Don't worry, Li Na.
- 1126. We'll never go back to that life.
- 1127. But, Dad, don't you ever miss those days?
- 1128. Wha— Where is all this coming from?
- 1129. That… that young man last night,
- 1130. the one you arranged a date with,
- 1131. that was Din.
- 1132. From our old neighborhood?
- 1133. Yes.
- 1134. And he's the one who took you
to the Pearl Tower.
- 1135. Yes, and I know what you'll say.
- 1136. You'll tell me to stay away
and to leave that old world behind,
- 1137. but the truth is,
I think we might be happier if—
- 1138. Li Na, everything's going to be all right.
I'm gonna go talk with Din.
- 1139. - What?
- Bring the van in two minutes.
- 1140. Dad, are you okay?
- 1141. - What's going on?
- Don't worry.
- 1142. I'm going to fix everything.
- 1143. Dad.
- 1144. Long?
- 1145. Where are you going?
- 1146. What is this place?
- 1147. Whoa.
This was my home.
- 1148. I was born into royalty.
- 1149. I learned from a young age
that gold is power.
- 1150. So, I set my sights
on expanding my fortune
- 1151. and let nothing stand in my way.
- 1152. My subjects were loyal…
- 1153. …and worked tirelessly year after year.
- 1154. My daughters were married
to the finest families,
- 1155. to expand the kingdom's glory.
- 1156. And my son,
I sent off to win treasure.
- 1157. He came home a hero.
- 1158. Soon, I had more gold, more land,
- 1159. and more monuments
than any lord who had come before me.
- 1160. And yet,
- 1161. as I laid on my deathbed,
- 1162. I awaited the parade
of loyal subjects and loving family.
- 1163. But there was none.
- 1164. With my last breath,
I cursed all who had forgotten me.
- 1165. I arrived at the gates to the spirit world
- 1166. and awaited
a great procession to welcome me.
- 1167. I demand you open this!
- 1168. Instead, the gods transformed me
into a Wish Dragon.
- 1169. Not as a reward,
- 1170. but as a punishment.
- 1171. I was imprisoned
and sent down to Earth
- 1172. to serve ten masters
and learn the true meaning of life.
- 1173. And to be honest,
- 1174. all these years,
- 1175. all these masters,
- 1176. I have been failing.
- 1177. Until I met you.
- 1178. I don't know the meaning of life.
But the things you care about,
- 1179. your friends, your family,
- 1180. are worth more
than anything I ever possessed.
- 1181. And no amount of gold can ever buy that.
- 1182. It's your wish, Din.
- 1183. Make sure it's what you really want.
- 1184. I…
- 1185. Din.
- 1186. Mr. Wang? What are you doing here?
- 1187. Please, give me that.
I don't have time for any more games.
- 1188. They work for you?
- 1189. No one's going to get hurt,
but I need those—
- 1190. Long!
- 1191. Stay away from my friend.
- 1192. Finally, I'm saved.
- 1193. Ah!
- 1194. What's wrong with you?
I told you not to hurt the kid.
- 1195. I've been bowing to others my entire life.
- 1196. And now, everyone will bow to me.
- 1197. No! No! No! No!
- 1198. - Mr. Wang.
- Dragon, I summon you.
- 1199. Din, Din!
- 1200. I'm your master now.
- 1201. And I know my first wish.
- 1202. Dad?
- 1203. No! Oh, my God.
What happened to you?
- 1204. - Din!
- Get in the teapot.
- 1205. Dad!
- 1206. - Li Na.
- No, no, no.
- 1207. Call an ambulance!
You're gonna be okay.
- 1208. Li Na, listen to me.
- 1209. I'm sorry.
- 1210. I tried to save it,
but the business is bankrupt.
- 1211. I wanted you to have everything.
- 1212. And now, I've left you with nothing.
- 1213. No.
- 1214. I never needed any of that.
- 1215. All I ever wanted was my dad.
- 1216. All I wanted was you.
- 1217. One touch and you're done, kid.
- 1218. Yeah, get him, boss. Touch him.
Touch him good.
- 1219. Ooh, sparks.
- 1220. Long, I summon you.
- 1221. Din!
- 1222. Ooh!
- 1223. Ah! Whoa!
- 1224. Uh, dragon guy? I summon you.
- 1225. Din! Din?
- 1226. Din!
- 1227. I wish for enough puppies
to open a pet store.
- 1228. Puppies?
- 1229. Yes, puppies!
- 1230. It shall be so!
- 1231. Hey, little fella! I'll name you Teddy.
- 1232. No, bad Teddy! Bad boy!
- 1233. Hey, boss! I got the teapot!
- 1234. Don't let the boy get it!
- 1235. - Help us! Summon the dragon!
- Wish for something! A gun, anything!
- 1236. Wish? Dragon? Summon?
- 1237. - Dragon guy.
- 1238. I wish I had longer legs.
- 1239. Um, okay.
- 1240. Are you joking?
- 1241. I summon you!
- 1242. I command you
to throw this kid off.
- 1243. I cannot intervene. You're not my master
until you have sole possession.
- 1244. - Let it go.
- 1245. Let it go!
- 1246. Long, Long, I can't see you!
- 1247. There's no need to die tonight, kid.
Come work for me.
- 1248. I'll give you all the gold you want.
- 1249. - We're both wishing for the same thing.
- 1250. No, we're not.
- 1251. I don't need gold.
- 1252. I have something
more important to wish for.
- 1253. Din.
- 1254. I need that teapot.
- 1255. Well, at least you'll make
a good statue in my office.
- 1256. No!
- 1257. Long?
- 1258. Long, no!
- 1259. No!
- 1260. Long!
- 1261. Long!
- 1262. Din!
- 1263. Din.
- 1264. What's happening?
- 1265. Welcome, LongZhu.
- 1266. - What's going on? Where am I?
- 1267. Your service as a Wish Dragon is complete.
- 1268. Complete? I haven't finished.
I haven't finished my tenth master.
- 1269. You have put the needs of another
- 1270. and shown us that you understand
the meaning of life.
- 1271. You are now free
to enter the spirit world.
- 1272. Is that a…
- 1273. parade?
- 1274. In your honor.
- 1275. No, I can't! I have to go back.
- 1276. Back?
- 1277. Turn me back into a Wish Dragon!
I have one more wish to grant.
- 1278. Ridiculous. The laws of heaven forbid it.
- 1279. You're ridiculous!
Old man in a skirt.
- 1280. - This isn't a skirt!
- Send me back!
- 1281. You dare reject the will of the gods?
- 1282. Fine. If you're not gonna
send me back, I'll go myself!
- 1283. - Stop that!
- Stupid clouds.
- 1284. Stop… stop that this instant!
- 1285. Ah! My friend needs me.
- 1286. Fine!
- 1287. We will permit you to return.
- 1288. But only under one condition.
- 1289. Long!
- 1290. Your final wish,
- 1291. great master.
- 1292. I wish…
- 1293. Dad? Dad!
- 1294. There you are, Maurice.
Here we got Pocket and Mr. Pants.
- 1295. And all 234.
- 1296. Wow, nice puppies.
- 1297. Nice legs.
- 1298. - Thanks. Toodles.
- 1299. Din, I…
- 1300. When I said that you needed
to be more realistic, I didn't mean that—
- 1301. It's okay, Mom.
- 1302. I…
- 1303. I'm sorry I can't give you a better life.
- 1304. You've given me a lot, Mom.
- 1305. Everything that matters.
- 1306. Well…
- 1307. it's late and, uh, we should have dinner.
- 1308. Here.
- 1309. Mr. Wang?
- 1310. - What are you doing?
- Is Din all right?
- 1311. Din, what trouble have you started now?
- 1312. No, no. No trouble at all.
- 1313. I just came to apologize.
- 1314. I know what you did.
- 1315. Thank you.
- 1316. Ah, well, where are my manners?
Sit, sit, sit!
- 1317. - We were about to have dinner.
- You don't have to.
- 1318. Nonsense. Nonsense. It's my pleasure.
- 1319. And besides, we haven't had guests
in, well, a couple hours!
- 1320. They're much too young
to be holding hands.
- 1321. Shut up!
- 1322. Here, you look like you could use
a good, home-cooked meal.
- 1323. This is the most delicious soup
I've ever tasted.
- 1324. Na Na!
- 1325. Na Na! Well, what do you think?
It's too much, isn't it? I'll get another.
- 1326. It's great, Dad.
Put it up in the front window.
- 1327. - Yes! By tomorrow or no deal.
- 1328. Okay, hurry up with those dumplings.
You, step aside.
- 1329. Good job.
- 1330. Din! Hello? Where are the teacups?
- 1331. - We open in ten minutes.
- I'm on it.
- 1332. Teacups.
- 1333. Teacups, teacups, teacups.
- 1334. Long?
- 1335. Greetings, great master.
- 1336. Oh, a peasant child.
- 1337. Long, what are you doing?
You're supposed to be in the spirit world.
- 1338. Yeah, uh, about that,
uh, things got a little complicated.
- 1339. So, I'm back!
- 1340. Back? To serve another ten masters?
- 1341. You guessed it.
- 1342. But, you've been waiting 1,000 years
just to get through those gates.
- 1343. I know, there was a parade and everything,
but… you had one more wish.
- 1344. It was the only way.
- 1345. You gave all that up for me?
- 1346. This is what I want.
- 1347. For the first time, it feels like
I have a little wisdom to offer.
- 1348. Maybe make a difference down here.
- 1349. Besides, there are no shrimp chips there,
- 1350. and I still haven't ridden
in one of those metal birds,
- 1351. and no air conditioning.
No air conditioning in heaven!
- 1352. There's actually plenty of—
- 1353. Thank you, Long.
- 1354. Thank you.
- 1355. Din, why is there
a pile of broken teacups in the—
- 1356. Know what? I don't want to know.
- 1357. Okay, Din, let go.
- 1358. Let go, Din.
- 1359. See you soon, Long.
- 1360. I am a god.
- 1361. What are you looking at?
A god, that's what.