- 1. NICE, THE RIVIERA AND CORSICA
- 2. Oh, shit!
- 3. Don't forget your change.
- 4. Remember me to your mother.
- 5. - Peace be with you.
- And you.
- 6. - How are you?
- Good. And you?
- 7. Good.
- 8. My tomatoes are all over the place.
- 9. Help yourself, neighbor.
- 10. The postman's hiding something.
- 11. No letters from France.
My son doesn't write to me.
- 12. If you'd listened to me,
you'd never have let him go.
- 13. Nothing good comes of France.
- 14. You'll have to go to a marabout
to make him come back.
- 15. Kids like him
never come back from France,
- 16. or they bring back white women
with their diseases.
- 17. My son wouldn't do that.
- 18. I'll pay you when my husband
- 19. Like hell! You'll pay now.
- 20. When will you pay us?
We're sick and tired of this.
- 21. - Let her go.
- Wait, I'll pay now.
- 22. - You're a disrespectful girl.
- You have to pay!
- 23. Your mom and I are good friends,
this never happened before.
- 24. Tell Mory to meet me
at the university.
- 25. - Is he riding a motorcycle or an ox today?
- Get out of here!
- 26. - Beat it, you and your worn-out shoes!
- Beat it!
- 27. You say you're a student, but you don't study!
- You'll never make it in those weird pants.
- 28. You want me to tell Mory!
- 29. I don't like him.
- 30. He's got no class, no shame,
no job, nothing.
- 31. You ride around on that motorbike
with a cow's skull on it!
- 32. Go on, go to your university.
- 33. That place is like a freak show!
- 34. If you want water,
you'd better listen up.
- 35. Everyone, wait your turn.
- 36. Help her.
- 37. Okay, here we go.
- 38. Kids, if you've got nothing to do,
get out of here.
- 39. Stop it!
- 40. Hey, comrade, will the revolution
wait much longer for you?
- 41. So much for the sacred revolution!
- 42. All these chicks think about
- 43. - They're wasting their time.
- She's impure.
- 44. - Look at this fool!
- You think this is a circus?
- 45. Please, I just came to pick up Anta.
- 46. I get it.
- 47. It's your fault that she's always
late for our meetings!
- 48. I get it. He dressed up as a cowboy
so he could spy on us.
- 49. Kill him!
- 50. Pull! Come on!
- 51. - Hey, cutie!
- Leave me alone!
- 52. Leave those flat-assed
student chicks alone.
- 53. Where's Mory, Aunt Oumy?
- 54. Probably throwing up the rice
he still hasn't paid me for.
- 55. - That's your problem.
- Haven't you heard?
- 56. Mory threw himself over the cliff!
- 57. Now kill the goat!
- 58. There's a boat leaving tomorrow.
- 59. - Let's take it.
- Got the dough?
- 60. You can't even pay off
all your debts!
- 61. That's no big deal. We'll split
and go to Europe illegally.
- 62. Then what?
- 63. No hassle, we'll get lucky.
- 64. We just need some ready cash,
then we can tip the right guys.
- 65. We've got to dress up,
- 66. act like we're loaded.
- 67. We'll hand out francs
to all the kids we meet.
- 68. No one'll catch on.
- 69. When we come back,
I'll be a big-shot around here.
- 70. They'll have to call me Mr. Mory.
- 71. You can join the Red Cross.
You've heard of them, right?
- 72. They're a bunch of crooks,
- 73. Seduce one, they'll make you
- 74. I've never seen anything like it!
You owe me!
- 75. Want to kill me?
- 76. If you want to stay out ofjail,
pay your debt!
- 77. Whoreson! Son of a bitch!
- 78. You've no dignity or shame!
- 79. I hope you die
and go straight to hell!
- 80. Paris, Paris, Paris
- 81. A little piece of heaven on earth
- 82. - Look there.
- 83. Some gris-gris.
- 84. You mustn't touch them.
- 85. - Says who?
- My grandma.
- 86. Who told her?
- 87. Look.
- 88. There's all sorts here.
- 89. One for broken hearts...
- 90. one for syphilis...
- 91. and here's another one:
- 92. A good luck charm!
- 93. This card wins, this one loses.
- 94. Can I see?
- 95. This one loses.
- 96. - You think you can pick the winner?
- Just checking.
- 97. Okay, let's go.
- 98. You really think he can do it?
- 99. Black wins, red loses.
- 100. Try your luck.
This one wins, this one loses.
- 101. Turn it over.
- 102. Black, you win.
- 103. You haven't played yet.
Turn it over.
- 104. The ace wins.
- 105. The queen loses.
- 106. - I'm in for ten.
- 107. You have to chose the ace.
- 108. - What?
- The ace.
- 109. I'm putting in 100.
- 110. Come on.
Let's play for 100 francs.
- 111. If you don't want to make money,
don't play. The ace wins.
- 112. The queen loses.
- 113. I shuffle and that's it.
- 114. Want to play? Come on.
The ace wins.
- 115. Just like I said,
the queen loses.
- 116. I shuffle and that's it.
- 117. A thousand francs!
- 118. Small bets only!
- 119. - A thousand!
- What? You found a wallet?
- 120. Have a seat.
- 121. Let's see what I earned yesterday.
- 122. Here you go, a thousand.
- 123. Pick this one, you win.
- 124. Pick this one, you lose.
- 125. I shuffle and that's it.
- 126. Pick one!
- 127. You lost, pal.
- 128. You lost!
- 129. Where's your thousand?
- 130. Stop him!
- 131. Thief!
- 132. Give me a cigarette, kid.
- 133. Those assholes think
I ripped off a thousand francs.
- 134. They haven't seen anything yet.
- 135. Just wait and see.
- 136. Have you realized
we're sitting on a gold mine?
- 137. What?
- 138. This wrestling arena makes loads
of money on Sundays.
- 139. Get it?
- 140. I wonder where they keep the cash.
- 141. This is a great day for Senegal.
- 142. Long-standing ties
bind France and Senegal.
- 143. The Lebou tribe organized today's
event at the Iba Mar Diop stadium
- 144. to make
a generous contribution
- 145. to the construction
of General de Gaulle's memorial.
- 146. It's a great event.
- 147. Elders, women, men and children
are gathered here today.
- 148. Ousmane Ngom faces
Robert Diouf in today's match.
- 149. Isn't that the same cop as before?
- 150. Yeah, it's him.
- 151. He won't bother anyone today.
He's got a full pack of cigarettes.
- 152. There's just one problem.
- 153. Which trunk do you think
the money is in?
- 154. - The green one on top.
- The green one?
- 155. No, the blue one.
That's why the other's on top.
- 156. - I bet it's in the green one.
- Don't contradict me.
- 157. I'm the boss man here.
- 158. It's in the blue one.
- 159. Let's grab it and go.
- 160. The Lebou tribe organized today's
event at the Iba Mar Diop stadium
- 161. to make
a generous contribution
- 162. to the construction
of General de Gaulle's memorial.
- 163. All this cash
for General de Gaulle's memorial?
- 164. They should build more of them.
- 165. Boeing, Concorde or caravel,
Paris, here I come!
- 166. Anyone who treads
on my toes will be sorry.
- 167. The Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame,
Champs-Elysees, L'Arc de Triomphe,
- 168. the big one!
- 169. I'll move in the right circles,
hit on all the mulatto girls.
- 170. You can only be black or white here.
I'm sick of it!
- 171. What a surprise, brother!
- 172. You're a cop?
- 173. The other night,
right after you left,
- 174. the place was raided by the police.
- 175. I only got away because
I'd gone to get cigarettes.
- 176. Beat it! We've never met.
Don't mess up my career.
- 177. Smart ass.
- 178. Miss, much as I enjoy
- 179. which one of these fine houses
- 180. Drive on. I'm going to my second home,
my maison de campagne.
- 181. This doesn't look so good,
all those cats.
- 182. Is this the right place?
- 183. How can you stand it here, miss?
All these windblown trees.
- 184. I'll drop you off
and be on my way.
- 185. It gives me the creeps here.
- 186. Have you got a husband?
- 187. You must be brave to live here.
- 188. God help us.
- 189. God save us from places like this.
- 190. This is a bad place.
- 191. It's really scary.
- 192. You must not be Wolof.
- 193. Only white people could live out here.
- 194. What's that boat doing there?
- 195. If I had the tools, I'd fix it up,
and we'd split for Paris.
- 196. Stop dreaming.
Even an angel couldn't move it.
- 197. Think of something else.
- 198. I got it!
- 199. See all the way down there?
- 200. Turn right,
- 201. and you get to that fat guy's place.
- 202. He's got a nice house.
I met him at Mapenda's.
- 203. It's really nice.
Let's go pay him a visit.
- 204. But before we go,
- 205. I've got to take a dump.
- 206. Go ahead.
- 207. It's Mory.
- 208. Scram!
- 209. Have a seat, Mory.
- 210. You go join the women, go on.
- 211. The joy of love
- 212. Is only fleeting
- 213. But heartbreak
- 214. Lasts a lifetime
- 215. I left everything
- 216. For that ungrateful Sylvie
- 217. But she left me
- 218. For someone else
- 219. Make yourself at home, Mory.
- 220. Relax, this is a house ofjoy
and pleasant company.
- 221. This is my place.
You can have whatever you want.
- 222. I'm going to take a shower.
I'm covered in salt.
- 223. I'm salty enough
without adding any extra.
- 224. Mory, who's that short-haired chick?
- 225. Listen to me.
- 226. I'm not jealous,
- 227. but there's a big difference
between hens and goats.
- 228. Strip, I'll rub your back.
- 229. The water's just right.
- 230. Mory, I'm Charlie,
Charlie, the mother hen!
- 231. I make everyone happy.
- 232. That boy you just saw,
- 233. he's my number four boy.
- 234. When he arrived,
- 235. he was as skinny as a rat.
- 236. Now he looks great!
- 237. I took care of him.
- 238. I massaged him,
- 239. cooked for him,
made him happy.
- 240. So, you want to go to France?
- 241. Honey,
France isn't what it used to be.
- 242. When I lived there,
France was really great.
- 243. Champs-Elysees,
- 244. Mory, come on, the water's great.
- 245. Mory, I'll scrub your back for you.
- 246. Let me wash you.
- 247. I'll show you what I can do.
- 248. The water's just right.
- 249. Come on, let me show you
what I can do.
- 250. The water's perfect.
- 251. Come on.
- 252. The master says you're to take us!
- 253. Hurry up!
- 254. I thank the griot, the percussionist
- 255. Today we'll see if you can play
and I can dance
- 256. Love me, I'm a wrestler anyway
Hate me, I'm a wrestler anyway
- 257. Allah decides who is a wrestler
- 258. Allah has decided
No one can oppose him
- 259. See my ass?
- 260. Birane Thione attacked me,
and I shoved him with it
- 261. I sent Sa Niambour flying
with a shoulder shove
- 262. I did the same thing
to Doudou Backa too
- 263. I thank the griot,
- 264. I laid out Diop Dione
- 265. I gave lbou Faye his big break
- 266. Griot, your drum is pure gold
- 267. Your drumstick is pure silver
- 268. A boy as tall as me should be king,
but I'm not
- 269. So when I fight, I have to win
- 270. My father's strength is in me
- 271. My father's rage is in me
- 272. My father's moves are in me
- 273. My father's talent is in me
- 274. I want kids who'll play for me
At least they'll wake me up
- 275. Let's go!
- 276. Here's Mory
The prodigal son is back
- 277. Mory, the good, the egghead,
- 278. Mory, the great
- 279. Stop!
- 280. You will never bring shame
- 281. Vultures and hyenas
will never get the better of you
- 282. A feast for the prodigal son
- 283. I am here before you
I will be with you till the end
- 284. Let the drums beat
- 285. Mory, you are our chosen one,
our favorite friend
- 286. Mory, you are in our hearts
- 287. Mory, answer me
- 288. Talk to me, Mory
- 289. Say yes to me, Mory
- 290. The prince said yes to me
- 291. The sky is clear now
Mory said yes to me
- 292. Hello?
- 293. Central Police Headquarters?
- 294. Is Sergeant Blanchet there?
- 295. He isn't?
- 296. What about Mr. Thioye?
- 297. He's out too?
Is there anyone available?
- 298. Give me the division commander
Djibril Diop, please.
- 299. Ah, he's there.
- 300. Tell him it's Charlie, please.
- 301. Is that you, Mambety?
- 302. Hello.
- 303. How are you?
- 304. Inspector Mambety, you're an ingrate.
- 305. You promised to come to my house,
but then you vanished!
- 306. We'll discuss it at home.
- 307. Anyway, I'm not calling about that.
- 308. I'm calling
because somebody ripped me off.
- 309. He wanted to go to Europe.
He needed cash and came to me.
- 310. I wanted to help him.
You know what I'm like, a real Pygmalion.
- 311. You know, I always help the kids.
- 312. He came in.
I was taking a shower.
- 313. He stole all my clothes.
- 314. Then he ran off!
- 315. Anyway, he's easy to recognize.
- 316. He's tall with messy hair,
looks like a hippy.
- 317. He's with a girl
who's got a dreadful hairdo.
- 318. They stole one of my cars,
- 319. the All-American classic
with stars and stripes.
- 320. I don't remember the license number.
- 321. No.
- 322. But they're hungry.
- 323. You'll find them at a restaurant
or a travel agency.
- 324. They love money.
- 325. Don't look -
- 326. They want to leave the country.
- 327. I'm counting on you.
- 328. Okay, I'll make a statement.
- 329. Why don't you come over
and take it down, honey?
- 330. I've got some first-class whiskey.
- 331. You will? Fine.
- 332. See you tonight.
- 333. Here you are, miss.
- 334. Have a nice trip.
- 335. Miss, haven't I seen you somewhere?
- 336. Must have been New York.
- 337. Paris, Paris, Paris
- 338. A little piece of heaven on earth
- 339. This city's rough.
- 340. No entry on the right.
- 341. No entry on the left.
- 342. Men with clubs everywhere.
- 343. All because there are too many debts.
- 344. But we've got to keep going.
Debts never killed anyone.
- 345. Right, debts don't kill.
- 346. Take me to the port, please.
- 347. That guy's been waiting for me all day
because I owe him.
- 348. Look, it's Margot.
You're always running some scam.
- 349. Driver, let's go.
- 350. The joy of love
- 351. Is only fleeting
- 352. But heartbreak
- 353. Lasts a lifetime
- 354. The Ancerville will set sail
from Dakar at 4:00 p.m.
- 355. Mao Tse-Tung is a wimp.
China needs -
- 356. I told my pupils on the first day,
- 357. "Your job is to kick out
the neocolonialists whom I represent."
- 358. We've taught in Dakar for seven years now.
- 359. The Italian Communist Party
is too extreme.
- 360. We never left Dakar.
There's nothing to see in Senegal.
- 361. Barren, intellectually as well.
- 362. Our salary is three times
that of the Senegalese teachers,
- 363. but they don't eat like we do.
- 364. They're not as refined.
- 365. And what would we buy here? Masks?
- 366. African art is a joke made up
by journalists in need of copy.
- 367. We set half our annual salary aside.
- 368. Not that we stint ourselves.
- 369. America needs austerity
to improve its economy.
- 370. I invested two million francs
- 371. in a bona fide business in Nice.
- 372. When we left this morning,
our houseboy threatened to quit
- 373. unless he got a 1,500-franc raise.
- 374. After all we've done for him!
- 375. They're just big kids.
- 376. Heartless.
- 377. I left everything
- 378. For that ungrateful Sylvie
- 379. And she left me
- 380. For someone else
- 381. Mr. Diop is requested to see
the captain at once.
- 382. I repeat, the Ancerville will set sail
from Dakar at 4:00 p.m.
- 383. PIER 1 ENTRY
- 384. I repeat, the Ancerville will set sail
from Dakar at 4:00 p.m.
- 385. Is he still alive?
- 386. - He's losing blood.
- It looks really bad.
- 387. The ambulance is here.
- 388. Recognize it?
- 389. It was a handsome beast.
- 390. I'm trying to catch a glimpse
of the ambulance.
- 391. - Be careful.
- Watch out.
- 392. THE END