- 1. How do you like my car, Big boy?
- 2. Bart, Sarah and Jonathan
- 3. are spending their leisure day
at the city pool.
- 4. Aren't they lucky?
- 5. Let's see what they have
brought with them to the pool today.
- 6. Bart has a plain towel.
- 7. Sarah has a bright towel.
- 8. Jonathan has a gay towel.
- 9. There's something wrong
with kids today.
- 10. They know too much.
- 11. Take this little gem.
- 12. She's 13.
- 13. Already she's got herself a winner.
- 14. Sure, he's three times her age,
- 15. but he's got money for pot
and he drives a nice car.
- 16. Who's the man, baby?
- 17. Who's the man?
- 18. - You are. You're the man.
- Yeah. That's right.
- 19. That's right. I'm the man.
- 20. Oh, yes. You're my foxy-fox.
- 21. I'm not saying
I wasn't a little bastard.
- 22. I mean, I grew up Irish.
- 23. The Bronx. Riverdale.
- 24. I don't have a job title,
I'm not in the Yellow Pages,
- 25. but if you got trouble with someone,
- 26. someone's messing around
with your underage daughter,
- 27. you might ask around for me,
- 28. Are you the man?
- 29. What?
- 30. Stay away from little girls.
- 31. Love. Grand, isn't it?
- 32. I was in love once.
- 33. Marriage is buying a house
for someone you hate.
- 34. Remember that.
- 35. I'm here with a representative
- 36. of the Detroit Auto Manufacturers,
Mr. Bergen Paulsen.
- 37. And, Mr. Paulsen, glad to have you here.
- 38. I understand that you're in town
for the big show.
- 39. Tell us a little bit about it.
- 40. Take a look at this outstanding line-up
we have here for you.
- 41. These cars are so incredible,
they practically drive themselves.
- 42. I do have to ask you
- 43. about the allegations about collusion
- 44. in regards to a smog control device...
- 45. the recent lawsuit against the Big Three.
- 46. I'm not gonna dignify that—
- 47. You have reached
- 48. This machine records messages.
- 49. Wait for the tone and speak clearly.
- 50. This is your daughter speaking.
- 51. Thursday, as you may remember,
is my birthday.
- 52. Please give accordingly.
- 53. Also, I hope you didn't forget that
you're supposed to be working today.
- 54. I wish I wished for things, man.
- 55. My folks, they told me
to reach for the stars,
- 56. and then my pals in the force
said reach for the brass ring,
- 57. and then my wife died,
- 58. and I reached for whatever came
in a gallon and cost a buck fifty.
- 59. She used to say I got no follow-through.
- 60. I hit nails in halfway and stop.
- 61. She's not wrong.
- 62. Hey, there's a line, asshole!
- 63. Hey, what are you doing?
- 64. They implemented a no-fault divorce here
a couple of years back
- 65. that really screwed things up.
- 66. A lot of private cops folded.
- 67. Not me. I got this guy
in a local retirement park.
- 68. He kicks a few cases my way.
- 69. It's my husband.
- 70. Fred's his name.
- 71. Fred.
- 72. He's gone missing.
- 73. Missing?
- 74. I'm terribly worried.
- 75. It's just Fred's never been
gone this long before.
- 76. How long has he been missing?
- 77. Since the funeral.
- 78. Well, I can start right away.
- 79. Amelia?
- 80. Mr. Healy.
- 81. Um, I think there's two of them,
- 82. but I only have the name
and description for the one.
- 83. You can take care of them?
- 84. Consider it done.
- 85. Thank you.
- 86. - I feel better already.
- It's my job.
- 87. They've been following me around
and asking my friends where I live.
- 88. I've just been really scared,
but, um, you make me feel safe.
- 89. You're short.
- 90. I'm what?
- 91. You're seven dollars short.
- 92. Right, um...
- 93. Sorry. Um...
- 94. Sometimes
I feel okay about things.
- 95. Not often.
- 96. Could try for an investigator's license.
- 97. Become a P.I.
- 98. Those guys help people.
- 99. Maybe then I'd feel good in the morning.
- 100. She's got dark hair,
- 101. about yea high.
- 102. Name's Amelia.
- 103. She might be from the neighborhood.
- 104. - No, can't help you, buddy.
- 105. Sorry.
- 106. I work in a cesspool.
Sex. More sex.
- 107. My wife, she used to say
I make a living off rumpy-pumpy.
- 108. Whatever. She was English.
- 109. I don't know
what the fuck it means either.
- 110. The point is I don't care
if Colonel Mustard
- 111. did it in the study with a candlestick,
- 112. I just wanna know who he did it with
and get the pictures.
- 113. Yeah, I think I remember her.
- 114. Amelia, right?
- 115. Was in here three or four nights ago.
- 116. Drank bourbon martinis.
- 117. Well, that's disgusting.
- 118. Any chance she, uh,
paid with a credit card?
- 119. As in, am I gonna pull
the receipts for you?
- 120. Fat fucking chance.
- 121. Is that a shirt?
- 122. Yeah.
- 123. It's very pretty.
- 124. I made it myself.
- 125. Yeah?
- 126. I made this.
- 127. Look, I'm not saying it's easy.
- 128. I'm not saying you don't
gotta think on your feet,
- 129. bend a few rules maybe,
- 130. but it's worth it,
- 131. as long as you get the results.
- 132. Okay, that's it.
- 133. That's a lot of blood.
- 134. That is a lot... That's a lot of blood.
- 135. We're losing him. Go! Hurry up!
- 136. Now, don't go anywhere. Don't...
- 137. Stay with me. Stay with me! Sir.
- 138. Now, tell me, are you willing to find God?
- 139. Look, I'm trying to find Amelia.
- 140. Good morning, Los Angeles.
- 141. Today, yet another stage-two smog alert.
- 142. The A.Q.M.D. has cautioned
residents not to stay outside
- 143. or engage in unnecessary
exercise before 6:00 p.m.
- 144. In other news, a police spokesman
says he has not ruled out foul play
- 145. in the death of adult
film star Misty Mountains,
- 146. whose car went off-road
in the early hours of last Tuesday.
- 147. And now, back to America's
favorite family, The Waltons.
- 148. "Equanimity.
- 149. "The quality of being calm
- 150. He accepted her betrayal with equanimity.
- 151. Jack, I'm fucking your dad.
- 152. What?
- 153. John Boy...
- 154. Six, seven, eight...
- 155. One...
- 156. Who is it?
- 157. Messenger service.
- 158. Holland March home?
- 159. What the fuck?
- 160. Mr. March, we're gonna play a game.
- 161. I think you have the wrong house.
- 162. It's called, "Shut up unless you're me."
- 163. I love that game.
- 164. You're a private investigator?
- 165. Look, there's 20 bucks in there,
all right? Just take it.
- 166. No, I'm not here for that.
I told you, I'm a messenger.
- 167. You can afford
to live like this as a P.I.?
- 168. What's the message?
- 169. Oh, right, right.
- 170. Stop looking for Amelia, all right?
- 171. I'm not even looking for Amelia.
- 172. She's a person of interest, man.
- 173. Fine.
- 174. I'm done. Put a fork in me.
- 175. Don't really put a fork in me.
- 176. Amelia's gonna be very happy
that you got the message so quickly.
- 177. It's gonna make her smile. That's good.
- 178. Now, ahem, I got one more thing I need
to ask you before we're done here.
- 179. You wanna know who hired me.
- 180. Bingo. Yeah.
- 181. Now, we can do this the easy way
or we can do it the hard way.
- 182. - Glenn.
- 183. Lily Glenn. Two N's.
- 184. Old lady hired me
to find her niece on Tuesday.
- 185. You just gave up your client.
- 186. I made a discretionary revelation.
- 187. No. No, you just gave her up.
- 188. I asked you one simple question.
- 189. You gave me all the information.
- 190. I thought that's what you wanted.
- 191. What?
- 192. Now, I'm very sorry that
you didn't get the message.
- 193. Me, too. But I get it now.
- 194. I get it. I dig it.
- 195. Shit!
- 196. What about now? You get the message now?
- 197. - Yep.
- Are you sure?
- 198. Yeah, I'm cool.
- 199. - All right. Give me your left arm.
- 200. Your left arm.
Give me your left arm. This one.
- 201. - No!
- Yeah, come on.
- 202. No!
- 203. Get... No!
- 204. Did you cut yourself?
- 205. I'm dealing with an injury.
- 206. Right, look, when you're
talking to your doctor,
- 207. just tell him you have
a spiral fracture of the left radius.
- 208. No! No!
- 209. - Deep breath.
- 210. Do you mind if I have an apple?
- 211. All right, Mr. March.
You have a good day, okay?
- 212. - Hi.
- 213. Want a Yoo-hoo?
- 214. A Yoo-hoo?
- 215. Are you kidding?
- 216. Oh, yeah.
- 217. You know, I haven't had one
of these in about 30 years.
- 218. Are you a friend of my dad's?
- 219. Yeah, yeah. We're business associates.
- 220. He's inside resting.
- 221. Didn't I see you crawling round
a vacant lot a couple of blocks over?
- 222. Um, maybe. I read there sometimes.
- 223. Right.
- 224. "It's me-he for Yoo-hoo!" Thanks again.
- 225. Bye.
- 226. Because the gas prices
are up 16 cents a gallon,
- 227. uh, the US now
is looking into alternative fuels.
- 228. There's a process where you can
put corn in and gas comes out.
- 229. I'm no scientist,
- 230. but that's been my process
with corn for years.
- 231. Hey.
- 232. It's not a public area up here.
- 233. Wow.
- 234. You got like an apartment up here?
- 235. If you're looking for the restroom,
back down the stairs.
- 236. We're looking for Amelia.
- 237. I'm telling you,
I saw her, Mr. March.
- 238. I didn't imagine it. I saw my Misty alive.
- 239. Mrs. Glenn, be reasonable.
- 240. This is a high-profile case.
- 241. Your niece is a very famous actress,
- 242. and the head medical examiner
ID'd her himself.
- 243. I saw her through the front window.
- 244. - You didn't.
- Clear as day.
- 245. She was wearing—
- 246. The pinstriped suit. I know.
- 247. She was writing something and then
- 248. she came out and she drove away,
and this was two days after the accident.
- 249. And I thought that you said you found her.
- 250. Now, what was that bonus payment?
- 251. I never said I found her.
- 252. I said I was tracking
the girl that you saw
- 253. and that was probably
this young lady, Amelia.
- 254. Why don't you believe me?
- 255. Mrs. Glenn, Misty's dead.
- 256. She died in that accident.
- 257. I never should have taken
your money in the first place.
- 258. I'm very sorry about that.
- 259. Even... No, even if this
Amelia girl isn't my niece,
- 260. she might know something.
- 261. Please, please, will you keep looking?
- 262. No.
- 263. Mr. March...
- 264. Can I ask you a question?
- 265. Tell me the truth.
- 266. And don't take it easy on me
just 'cause I'm your father.
- 267. You just tell it to me straight.
- 268. Am I a bad person?
- 269. Yes.
- 270. Just drive.
- 271. I'm gonna ask you again.
- 272. Where is Amelia?
- 273. I would like to help you,
- 274. but I just don't know
anybody called Amelia.
- 275. Oh, okay.
- 276. You don't talk, I'm gonna have to start
breaking your fingers.
- 277. You understand?
- 278. Yes, I understand.
- 279. Hey, hotshot, come on in here.
- 280. I found something hidden in the cabinet.
- 281. Really?
- 282. Watch him.
- 283. No, hey, don't.
- 284. Hey, don't open that
because that's not mine.
- 285. It belongs to a friend. I just, uh...
- 286. I look after it for him.
- 287. But it's one of those bags.
- 288. If you try to open it...
- 289. Oh, fuck! Fuck!
- 290. Shit!
- 291. Motherfucker!
- 292. Motherfucker!
- 293. - I can't see nothing.
- 294. Oh, God. What the fuck?
- 295. Okay. Yeah.
- 296. You know that color
doesn't come off, right?
- 297. I tried to tell you.
- 298. You tried to tell me?
- 299. Fuck you!
- 300. Hey, hey. Oh, no! Hey!
- 301. Not the fish. Come on.
- 302. Hey, can you ask this guy
to behave like a professional?
- 303. You know, kid,
when I get that gun off you,
- 304. it's gonna be your dinner.
- 305. Dinner?
- 306. It's fucking...
You're funny. You're funny.
- 307. Don't... Don't...
- 308. Come on, fish.
- 309. You want some fucking dinner?
Do you want some dinner?
- 310. Why are you doing this?
This is not gonna help you.
- 311. - There you go.
- Now, come on.
- 312. You're gonna eat that thing,
you fucking fuck!
- 313. Look, you gotta stop and
think about this, all right?
- 314. When you came here tonight,
was this what you wanted to happen?
- 315. What, you came here to make me eat fish?
- 316. To shoot me?
- 317. Look, if you come in here,
you beat up on me, you trash the place,
- 318. I understand, I get it,
it's part of the job.
- 319. I accept it, all right?
- 320. But what did you do?
- 321. You did something different
from that, didn't you? Right?
- 322. You pissed me off.
- 323. You made an enemy.
- 324. Now, even if I knew something,
I wouldn't tell you, kid.
- 325. And you know why I wouldn't tell you?
- 326. And this is... It's not my only reason,
but it is a principle reason.
- 327. You know, I wouldn't tell you
'cause you're a fucking moron.
- 328. What the...
- 329. You stupid son of a bitch!
- 330. - Six. I'm a six.
- I'm a seven!
- 331. Six!
- 332. - Seven!
- Whoa, whoa, whoa.
- 333. Jesus Christ! One at a time!
- 334. You took the Lord's name in vain.
- 335. No, I didn't, Janet.
- 336. I found it very useful, actually.
- 337. Birthday girl!
- 338. March. Jack Healy.
- 339. Don't get upset. I'm not here to hurt you.
- 340. I just wanna ask you a question.
- 341. Hey, no.
- 342. How stupid do you think I am?
- 343. I got a license to carry, motherfucker.
- 344. Ever since your little visit
the other day,
- 345. this little baby's gonna stay right here.
- 346. Fuck, fuck.
- 347. Look away.
- 348. Look...
- 349. - You know there's a mirror here, right?
- Close your eyes.
- 350. Fucking damn it. Forget it.
You know what? Turn around.
- 351. - Can I open my eyes?
- Yeah, open your eyes.
- 352. What do you want?
- 353. I want you to find Amelia.
- 354. So you think these guys
are gonna hurt Amelia?
- 355. Sure, after they're done killing her.
- 356. You know, I asked around about you.
- 357. There's a couple of people I trust
say you're pretty good at this.
- 358. Well, that's surprising.
I would have thought
- 359. your job ended with
breaking my fucking arm.
- 360. Well, you know,
technically it did.
- 361. I'm off the clock.
- 362. This is a separate situation.
- 363. I'm not buying this nice guy act, pal.
- 364. She owes you money, doesn't she?
- 365. You're coming to collect?
- 366. You want me to finger her
- 367. so you can throw acid in her face?
- 368. No, she paid me up front,
actually, you know.
- 369. What it is, for me, is I like where I live
and I don't wanna move.
- 370. So, two days in advance.
- 371. $400.
- 372. Plus whatever the old lady's giving you.
- 373. Old lady? Fuck you, old lady.
- 374. You broke my arm. I quit, remember?
- 375. So call her up, get back on the case.
- 376. Get paid twice.
- 377. Wow, that is very telling.
- 378. I'm a detective and we have a code.
- 379. We don't do that.
- 380. But interesting. Good to know.
- 381. - Okay.
- Good to know.
- 382. You were looking for Amelia, right?
- 383. Yes and no.
- 384. Excuse me?
- 385. My profession is very complicated, okay?
- 386. It's nuanced.
- 387. What does that mean?
- 388. Fuck it.
- 389. Last week this old broad comes to me
- 390. and she asks me to find her niece,
- 391. Misty Mountains?
- 392. The porno actress? The one that died?
- 393. The young lady.
- 394. The porno young lady.
- 395. But, yeah, she died in a crash
and then two days later,
- 396. her aunt goes to her house
to clean out the place,
- 397. and lo and behold,
- 398. alive and well, Misty Mountains.
- 399. She sees her through the window.
- 400. She sees her get in her car.
- 401. - She sees her drive away.
- 402. Bullshit's right.
She's dead and then she's alive.
- 403. That's what I'm talking about.
- 404. It's very fucking complicated.
- 405. But I persevere, you know.
- 406. I run the tape through and I think,
"Okay, maybe there was a girl there."
- 407. Amelia? The old lady saw Amelia?
- 408. Well, look who decided
to show up for class.
- 409. Yeah.
- 410. There's a gate guard,
- 411. he keeps track
of all the cars that go in and out.
- 412. So I checked with him,
I ran the plate, I got the name.
- 413. And?
- 414. Three.
- 415. Three what?
- 416. Three days in advance
if you want the rest of the story.
- 417. Fuck you. Come on, $600?
That's fucking robbery.
- 418. I've only got $400.
- 419. Well, it's early.
- 420. You can go rob a bank if you hurry.
- 421. Jesus!
- 422. What are you doing here?
- 423. Giving you a rim job.
- 424. What? Rim shot.
- 425. - Rim shot.
- 426. Hey, can we go one more game before...
- 427. You're the guy who beat up my dad.
- 428. Hey.
- 429. No. Sucker-punched your dad.
- 430. Big difference. But don't worry.
- 431. He just did it for money.
- 432. You beat people up
and charge money?
- 433. Yeah. Sad, isn't it?
- 434. - That's really your job?
- 435. - No way.
- 436. So, um, how much would you charge
to beat up my friend Janet?
- 437. - What?
- How much you got?
- 438. - Thirty bucks.
- Look, apple pie.
- 439. - Is she a big girl?
- She's tall. Super annoying.
- 440. - Apple pie.
- She's always mean to me.
- 441. This conversation is over.
- 442. We're just talking.
- 443. And it's over.
- 444. $400, that's all.
- 445. $400, two days.
- 446. We find her earlier,
I still get to keep it.
- 447. Done.
- 448. Deal. Great.
- 449. 'Cause I already know where she is.
- 450. Adult film star Misty Mountains,
- 451. shown here at last month's
Detroit auto show.
- 452. High-profile case for you, right?
- 453. Made the newspapers.
- 454. You know, the thing about
keeping your mouth closed is
- 455. it prevents you from speaking.
- 456. Sure.
- 457. Unless, of course, you're a ventriloquist.
- 458. Fuck those guys.
- 459. You can always see their mouths moving.
- 460. You can what?
- 461. Ventriloquism, it doesn't work.
- 462. Sometimes.
- 463. Never.
- 464. Look at these idiots.
- 465. Join us!
- 466. All right. Well...
- 467. Goodbye.
- 468. Hey, hey, hey, hey. Hold on.
- 469. What do you mean, goodbye?
- 470. This is Amelia's protest group.
- 471. She's in there somewhere, so have at it.
- 472. Wait. How do you know she's in there?
- 473. 'Cause it's her protest group.
She started it.
- 474. That's the hot tip I got yesterday
before you broke my arm.
- 475. Yeah, but she's holed up somewhere hiding.
- 476. What makes you think she's gonna be here?
- 477. - That's her protest group.
- Stop saying that.
- 478. - I'd like to stop saying—
- You said that.
- 479. - I hear it. It's her protest group.
- I don't hear you hearing it.
- 480. Hey, Amelia?
- 481. - Amelia?
- 482. - She's not here.
- She's here.
- 483. Amelia.
- 484. We can't talk to you.
- 485. Who said that?
- 486. We can't talk to you. We're dead.
- 487. No, I...
- 488. Yeah, I get it, you know.
- 489. Like it's very clever. I'm hip.
- 490. But this is actually
a really serious matter.
- 491. So is this. We've all been killed.
- 492. No, you haven't.
- 493. Fuck you, man. We're dead!
- 494. They can't talk to you, man. They're dead.
- 495. What's the protest about? Do you know?
- 496. Any of you know why you're protesting?
- 497. The air.
- 498. Air.
- 499. You're protesting the air?
- 500. The pollution.
- 501. The birds can't breathe.
- 502. So all of you died
because of the pollution?
- 503. Right.
- 504. What about the gas masks?
They didn't save you?
- 505. This is fucking... All right.
- 506. - Fucker.
- 507. I thought you were dead.
- 508. Look, Amelia, we know you're here,
so this is very—
- 509. Hey, dickhead. She's not here.
- 510. She's not here
because of her boyfriend.
- 511. Her boyfriend died,
like, really died, like, three days ago.
- 512. - Her boyfriend died?
- 513. So where is she?
- 514. Sorry, can't help you. We're dead.
- 515. God damn it.
- 516. All right, which one of you cock and balls
wants to make 20 bucks, huh?
- 517. Up here, Chet?
- 518. Yeah, make a left here.
- 519. It's here. Just pull over.
- 520. It's right here. On the left.
- 521. Right... Look. Left.
- 522. Right here.
- 523. This is Dean's house.
- 524. Amelia's boyfriend, Dean.
- 525. You gotta be fucking kidding me.
- 526. I know, it's crazy.
- 527. What the fuck is this, Chet?
- 528. This place looks so much bigger now.
- 529. Do you even really know Amelia, Chet?
- 530. Uh, yeah, well, like kind of like
mainly through Dean.
- 531. Dean was a filmmaker. Um...
- 532. Kind of like experimental kinds
of films. Um...
- 533. That's actually like kind of how we met,
'cause I'm kind of in the business myself.
- 534. Huh? What do you do?
- 535. Projectionalist.
- 536. Yeah, anyway, um, Dean had
- 537. this whole room,
like, filled with film stock.
- 538. One day it just went up,
- 539. And, uh, yeah, it cost the guy
his life and his life's work.
- 540. So, kind of, I don't know,
kind of makes you think, right?
- 541. Not really, Chet.
- 542. Hey, kid. Kid.
- 543. What?
- 544. You know the guy who lived here?
- 545. Maybe. What's it to you?
- 546. Hey, he'll give you $20 if you answer.
- 547. I didn't say that.
- 548. 20 bucks, man, or you can blow.
- 549. Wow.
- 550. Thank you.
- 551. Yeah, I knew the dude.
- 552. Filmmaker dude.
- 553. Saw him making a film last month.
- 554. Experimental films, right?
- 555. I guess. More like a nudie film.
- 556. Did you see a girl
about 5'8", dark hair, named Amelia?
- 557. Nope.
- 558. - Saw that famous chick.
- What famous chick?
- 559. Dead one. Porn star. Misty something.
- 560. - You saw Misty Mountains here?
- 561. Talked to the producer.
- 562. No, his name was Sid... Sid Hatrack. Yeah.
- 563. Nobody's name is Hatrack.
- 564. Whatever. Tried to get a job.
- 565. I offered to show my dick
'cause I got a big dick.
- 566. - Oh, right.
- 567. Well, that's very nice.
- 568. Yeah.
- 569. You sure you didn't see another girl?
- 570. Nope. You guys wanna see my dick?
- 571. Nobody wants to see your dick, dude.
- 572. - Twenty bucks?
- We already paid you 20...
- 573. What am I saying?
- 574. Oh, all right.
- 575. Fags!
- 576. Hey, kid.
- 577. What?
- 578. What was the name of that film?
- 579. I don't know. Uh...
- 580. How Do You Like My Car, Big Boy?
- 581. There it is.
- 582. "Do you wanna see my dick?" Unbelievable.
- 583. This is what I'm talking about.
- 584. It's over.
- 585. The days of ladies and gentlemen are over.
- 586. This is what Holly's
looking down the barrel of.
- 587. This is what she's dealing with,
the fucking Chets and that idiot.
- 588. Well, one thing we know for sure,
something funny's going on.
- 589. No, there's not. No.
- 590. A guy burned up. It happens.
- 591. It happened three days ago,
- 592. the exact same day
Amelia fell off my radar.
- 593. Your radar?
- 594. Let me tell you what two days
of detective work looks like, okay?
- 595. You drive around like an asshole.
- 596. You're gonna spend half the time
- 597. interviewing the fucking Chets
of the world.
- 598. You spend the other half trying
to translate fuckwit to English.
- 599. And when it's over,
the only thing that's changed
- 600. is that the sun went down twice.
- 601. And nothing ever works out,
is that what you're trying to say?
- 602. Never.
- 603. But you get paid.
- 604. Sometimes.
- 605. Hey.
- 606. Son of a bitch.
- 607. Hatrack.
- 608. What?
- 609. Hatrack. Look at that.
- 610. What?
- 611. Sid Shattuck. Who's that?
- 612. Savage Sid, the porn king.
- 613. Well, he didn't burn up,
so let's go talk to him.
- 614. I said I'd like to speak
to Sid personally.
- 615. I'm asking after a friend of ours, Amelia.
- 616. I'm an old friend.
- 617. Why don't we invite him in?
- 618. No animals in the house, sweetheart.
- 619. Yeah, I'm here.
- 620. Say that again.
- 621. Okay. Thank you very much.
- 622. Is that the number you got
for Sid Shattuck?
- 623. Yeah. Can you hang this up?
- 624. They're getting ready for a party
and I asked about Amelia
- 625. and they said she'd be right back.
- 626. Back? Like she's been staying there?
- 627. Yeah.
- 628. - So you found her?
- 629. Can you stay at one of your friends?
- 630. I can stay with Jessica, but...
- 631. - You're going to a party?
- 632. I'm going to a big party. Jacket.
- 633. Sweetheart, it's a job. I gotta take it.
- 634. If I don't, we won't get to live
in such a nice house.
- 635. I hate this house.
- 636. We're not even supposed to be here.
- 637. - Go to Janet's.
- 638. - Which one's she?
- The one with the brown hair.
- 639. Glass eye?
- 640. The one that you like.
- 641. And like the Hitler-stache?
- 642. I'm friends with a cop, you know.
- 643. Is that so?
- 644. He likes my dad a lot, too.
- 645. Maybe they should get married.
- 646. So, you know the old lady, right?
- 647. Did you believe her?
- 648. What about?
- 649. When she said she saw
Misty alive that night,
- 650. did you believe her?
- 651. God, no.
- 652. - She's blind as a bat.
- 653. She has actual coke bottles for glasses.
- 654. You paint a mustache
on a Volkswagen, she says,
- 655. "Boy, that Omar Sharif sure runs fast."
- 656. Jesus tap-dancing Christ!
- 657. All I told him was that
if you want me to do that,
- 658. then don't eat the asparagus.
- 659. Why?
- 660. I know what you're gonna say,
but since I'm already here,
- 661. you might as well
take me in with you, right?
- 662. Um, I can't take your car like that.
- 663. - Stop it.
- 664. Stop it. Stop it. Dad.
- 665. Dad, there's like whores here and stuff.
- 666. Sweetheart, how many times
have I told you?
- 667. Don't say "and stuff."
- 668. Just say, "Dad, there are whores here."
- 669. Well, there's like a ton.
Wait. No. I can help you.
- 670. Seriously? I came all this way.
- 671. I love you.
- 672. It's not my nose that grows.
- 673. Whoa. Well, we know Mary Jane turned up.
- 674. Who's that?
- 675. Mary Jane. Marijuana. Pot.
- 676. Place reeks of it. They're smoking it.
- 677. - Oh, yeah. I can't smell.
- 678. I got hit in the head a while back.
- 679. I lost my sense of smell.
- 680. You can't smell?
- 681. - Yeah.
- 682. You're a detective who can't smell?
- 683. Yeah.
- 684. Oh, this just keeps getting
better and better.
- 685. Wow, that's really insensitive.
- 686. Look, if Amelia doesn't show,
- 687. we still got Shattuck, right?
- 688. But if things get rough, I'm injured.
- 689. - So you're gonna have to handle it.
- 690. Well, you know, blind his son,
or, you know, whatever it is.
- 691. You work your magic. Where you going?
- 692. I think this is gonna work better,
faster, if we split up.
- 693. - Okay?
- 694. You see a guy with a blue face,
you come and find me.
- 695. You wanna smoke?
- 696. Drink?
- 697. No, I...
- 698. Hey, uh... Sorry.
- 699. It's the killer bees.
- 700. That's what you gotta worry about.
- 701. You know why they call them
killer bees, don't you?
- 702. 'Cause they'll kill you.
- 703. Good point.
- 704. - Excuse me.
- Hello, handsome.
- 705. You, uh, seem to have a very
good vantage point up there.
- 706. - I lost my sister.
- 707. She's got dark hair, your height.
- 708. She's wearing clothes, but...
- 709. Come on, baby, keep dancing!
- 710. Answers to Amelia.
- 711. Hey. You want another drink?
- 712. Just leave the girl alone.
- 713. - Hi, everyone.
- 714. I'm Amelia. She's about dark hair.
- 715. Answers to the call of the wild.
- 716. - I'm just kidding.
- 717. I forgot her name,
but, you know, if you see you,
- 718. just if you see,
let me know and tell me my name.
- 719. - Sorry.
- Thank you.
- 720. - You want a drink?
- No, thanks.
- 721. Ow!
- 722. Holly. Hey, hey.
- 723. I don't think you should be watching this.
- 724. What's it to you, idiot?
Move. You're in my way.
- 725. Listen, dickweed,
that little girl's a minor.
- 726. Where do you get off showing
her stuff like this anyway?
- 727. He's not showing it to me.
- 728. She put it on.
- 729. Well, she shouldn't be
watching stuff like this either.
- 730. Watching it?
- 731. Man, I'm in it.
- 732. Oh, right. Look, go home, right?
- 733. Your dad told you to go home. Go home.
- 734. By the way, I'm supposed
to meet someone here.
- 735. Do you by any chance
know a girl named Amelia?
- 736. I think she did a film with Sid Shattuck.
- 737. Don't know her, but Sid's gross.
- 738. He told me this one chick
was his sister, right,
- 739. and then a few days later
I walk in on them
- 740. and they're all doing anal and stuff.
- 741. Don't say, "and stuff."
- 742. Just say, "They're doing anal."
- 743. Hey, Pocahontas!
- 744. Hey.
- 745. I'm a cowboy.
- 746. And you?
- 747. Pocahontas.
- 748. What do you do?
- 749. - I do a little bit of acting.
- Me, too.
- 750. - Hey, shoot me.
- 751. Shoot me, shoot me, shoot me.
Fucking shoot me.
- 752. Bang!
- 753. That's pretty good.
- 754. - Bang!
- 755. Bang!
- 756. Son of a...
- 757. Whoo! That was great!
- 758. Shit.
- 759. Shit!
- 760. My fucking gun.
- 761. Jesus.
- 762. You scared me.
- 763. Do I know you?
- 764. I'm not gonna hurt you.
- 765. No, I'm just looking for my gun.
- 766. So...
- 767. I got it!
- 768. So...
- 769. There you go, March.
- 770. March, March, he's our man.
If he can't do it, no one can.
- 771. March.
- 772. March!
- 773. Healy. Healy!
- 774. Healy!
- 775. Come on! Come down here!
- 776. What the fuck are you doing down there?
- 777. Get down here!
- 778. - Healy!
- It's all right, man.
- 779. What?
- 780. Oh, fuck.
- 781. - I'm gonna be sick, throw up.
- 782. Who the fuck is that?
- 783. It's Sid Shattuck.
- 784. - That's Sid Shattuck.
- Don't tell me that.
- 785. Oh, no. Shit!
- 786. - What's going on?
- 787. Everybody worked
on this Amelia flick, right?
- 788. The boyfriend, then Misty,
- 789. now Sid. They're all dead.
- 790. Before we go solving
the crime of the century,
- 791. let's deal with
the fucking rotting corpse.
- 792. What the fuck
are we gonna do with this guy?
- 793. - We gotta get rid of him.
- 794. I lost my gun.
- 795. There was a girl. She can place me.
- 796. All right, we got a plan.
- 797. We'll throw up, we'll get rid of the body.
- 798. Right.
- 799. Hey.
- 800. Hi.
- 801. Are you the one who's been
asking about Amelia?
- 802. Uh, I may have said something.
- 803. What do you want with her?
- 804. Um, she's my sister, see.
- 805. Yeah, um, I need to warn her.
- 806. Two freaky guys were coming around.
- 807. They were all like,
"Where is she? Where is she?"
- 808. It scared me kinda.
- 809. Well, you seem like a decent kid.
- 810. I'll take you to her.
- 811. - Come on.
- 812. What I can't figure out is how you saw him
from all the way up there.
- 813. You didn't fall down
the fucking hill, did you?
- 814. Did you fall down the hill?
- 815. I had, like, two, three drinks, tops.
- 816. Yeah, that's why you can't walk straight.
- 817. Oh, excuse me. I'm carrying a dead body
and I have his schwantz in my face.
- 818. So, I'm sorry I'm not Bakishnarov.
- 819. You can't even say Baryshnikov.
- 820. You did, didn't you?
- 821. You fell down that fucking hill.
- 822. You get drunk, you lose your gun,
- 823. you take a header off the balcony,
and now you're gonna tell me
- 824. it's like a hallowed,
time-honored detective ploy, right?
- 825. It was very slippery up there, okay?
- 826. I was in the pool.
- 827. - You were in the pool?
- 828. Why?
- 829. I had to question the mermaids.
- 830. What were you doing while I was working?
- 831. - Thank you.
- Let's get rid of this guy.
- 832. Oh, God.
- 833. Oh, God! My leg! My leg!
- 834. What is that?
- 835. Run.
- 836. Hop in back, sweetie.
- 837. This one says she's Amelia's sister.
- 838. Is that a fact?
- 839. Good times.
- 840. I... There's someone out looking for me.
- 841. - Really?
- Yeah. I...
- 842. Hey, hey, hey. No. Don't touch that.
- 843. Hey. Why didn't you watch my movie?
- 844. - Hey, goodbye.
- Come and watch with me.
- 845. - Have a great night.
- Come on. It's still playing.
- 846. Have a great night. Bye.
- 847. Excuse me, excuse me.
- 848. - I need to go right now.
- Don't touch...
- 849. Get away from me!
- 850. I need my keys. I need my car.
- 851. Hurry.
- 852. Don't fucking move.
- 853. Hurry. I need my keys.
- 854. Hello? Please! Hurry, hurry.
- 855. Now!
- 856. Fuck! Motherfucker, my fucking hand!
- 857. Amelia! Run!
- 858. Drive the fucking car!
- 859. Hey, man.
- 860. The girl in your trunk,
she was in that car.
- 861. Johnny's car!
- 862. Hey, man,
what are you doing with my car?
- 863. That's Johnny's car!
- 864. Motherfucker!
- 865. Oh, shit.
- 866. I swear to God, you get up,
I'll shoot you in the cock.
- 867. I can pay you.
- 868. Trying to negotiate with me?
- 869. You'll never see me again.
- 870. Where are you gonna be?
- 871. Michigan.
- 872. Michigan works.
- 873. You okay? Does the car still go?
- 874. Well, stop fucking around. Come on!
- 875. Fuck!
- 876. Freeze!
- 877. You guys are fast.
- 878. Whoo!
- 879. There's a...
- 880. Holy shit!
- 881. - Come on.
- Wait, wait.
- 882. What the hell are you doing?
- 883. He's hurt. We need to help him.
- 884. Are you crazy? Stay away from him!
- 885. Just hang on. We need to help him.
- 886. It's okay.
- 887. You're gonna be all right.
- 888. I'll get help.
- 889. It's all right.
- 890. A car hit him. We need an ambulance.
- 891. Holly, go and see
if you can flag somebody down.
- 892. He's in a bad way.
- 893. You.
- 894. Yeah, me.
- 895. You ever hear of John Boy?
- 896. By now he's heard of you.
- 897. They're flying him in.
- 898. Now he's gonna kill that private cop
- 899. and his whole fucking family.
- 900. And then he's gonna come for you.
- 901. You ain't got long to live.
- 902. Well, buddy,
- 903. none of us do.
- 904. Healy, there's no one here.
- 905. He didn't make it.
- 906. - Are you okay?
- 907. And that'll be the cops.
- 908. Okay, Holly...
- 909. What do you want me
to do with them?
- 910. Look, pal, you already got our statements.
- 911. Can I go see my daughter now?
- 912. Sir, I was told to keep you here,
so I'm keeping you here.
- 913. Just following orders.
- 914. You know who else was
just following orders? Hitler.
- 915. Officer.
- 916. You're Mr. March, I think.
- 917. And you are—
Wait, I know you.
- 918. You're the guy.
The diner guy, right?
- 919. From last year, right?
- 920. Yeah.
- 921. Yeah. My name is Tally.
- 922. If you'll follow me,
my boss would like a word. Please.
- 923. I'm sorry. The diner guy?
- 924. I'll tell you later. Don't worry about it.
- 925. How do you do?
- 926. About this good most of the time.
- 927. My name is Judith Kuttner.
- 928. I work for the Department of Justice.
- 929. Okay. Well, that explains
- 930. I'm Amelia's mother.
- 931. Holly, are you still frowning?
- 932. What's in my hand?
- 933. What?
- 934. I know how you do that.
- 935. Hello.
- 936. Sit.
- 937. First of all, I wanna say thank you.
- 938. We've been watching interviews
- 939. and it sounds like
you might have saved my daughter's life.
- 940. That was mostly Holly.
- 941. - His daughter.
- It's genetics.
- 942. Would you like a mint?
- 943. Uh, yeah.
- 944. I need your help.
- 945. But I wanna know if I can trust you.
- 946. I'm kinda getting the idea that, you know,
you might not have much choice.
- 947. Well, my situation is very delicate.
- 948. Hey, that's where I know
you from, right? The TV.
- 949. You're prosecuting that car company thing.
- 950. The lawsuit for the catalytic converter.
- 951. Yes. That's half my day.
- 952. The other half I spend on pornography.
- 953. - Hmm.
- What kind? Like which films?
- 954. - What's your favorite?
- No, no.
- 955. Uh, anti. Anti-porn.
- 956. - Right.
- Like a crusader.
- 957. Should I be writing this down?
- 958. Yeah, write it down.
- 959. The Vegas mob is trying to
spread its porn operation
- 960. to Hollywood Boulevard.
- 961. And I'm doing
everything I can to stop it.
- 962. Thank you.
- 963. Porn is bad.
- 964. Something I don't understand.
- 965. she did a film with Sid Shattuck.
- 966. Now, why would she do that
when she knows that's just gonna be
- 967. extremely professionally
embarrassing for you?
- 968. 'Cause she wanted to. She lashes out.
- 969. We have a difficult relationship.
- 970. Mothers and daughters, it's tough.
- 971. But there's no film, not anymore.
- 972. There was a fire.
- 973. Um...
- 974. - A friend of Amelia's, he—
- 975. Yeah, we went to his house.
- 976. Well, what's left of his house.
- 977. Mrs. Kuttner, why do you think
everyone involved with this film is dying?
- 978. I have no idea, Mr. March.
- 979. I wish I did.
- 980. I only know that Amelia's in danger.
- 981. Why don't you put her
in protective custody?
- 982. I mean, after tonight
she's probably very scared.
- 983. She might wanna be at home.
- 984. She doesn't trust me.
- 985. She thinks I am the government.
- 986. She thinks I'm behind all of this.
- 987. Somewhere she's out there
and she won't call home
- 988. because she thinks
her mother's going to have her killed.
- 989. Here. You wanna use that?
- 990. No, thank you.
- 991. I wanna hire you both.
- 992. Please, find her, protect her.
- 993. Okay, you can hire us,
but we're not cheap.
- 994. This is very intensive work
and something like this,
- 995. I'd say couldn't do it
for less than $5,000.
- 996. Okay.
- 997. Yes, I got it.
- 998. Okay, I gotta get mine now.
- 999. Can I take this?
- 1000. Fine.
- 1001. Does Tally have one of...
Shall we have hers as well?
- 1002. Just in case you're not—
- 1003. You know, we need
to get in touch with somebody.
- 1004. So what's this?
- 1005. World's biggest ashtray?
- 1006. Fuck it, it's... It's a rental.
- 1007. We're only here until we
rebuild the old place anyway.
- 1008. Rebuild?
- 1009. Yeah.
- 1010. It burned down.
- 1011. Hey, you know, something's
actually bugging me.
- 1012. I found this in Shattuck's office.
- 1013. What is that, a pig?
- 1014. - No, it's a pink cow.
- Oh, it's a cow.
- 1015. When Amelia gave me your address,
- 1016. she gave it to me
on a piece of paper like this,
- 1017. handwriting like that.
- 1018. - I think you're onto something.
- 1019. Can we talk about it tomorrow afternoon?
- 1020. Yeah, we can do that.
- 1021. Thanks.
- 1022. Hey, aren't you that diner guy?
- 1023. Come on, come on, come on,
come on, come on.
- 1024. I gotta know.
- 1025. I don't wanna get into it right now.
- 1026. You gotta get into it.
- 1027. I gotta know. You're the diner guy.
- 1028. - All right.
- 1029. - All right, about a year ago...
- 1030. I was at a diner in Hollywood
- 1031. and this asshole with a shotgun
started threatening people.
- 1032. I love it.
- 1033. It's the best story I've ever heard.
- 1034. So I did something about it.
- 1035. I acted.
- 1036. I didn't plan to, I didn't, you know.
- 1037. I just did it.
- 1038. I took that guy out.
- 1039. I didn't even get paid for it.
- 1040. So I ended up
- 1041. with a bullet in the bicep
and 500 bucks of hospital bills.
- 1042. It was stupid, really.
- 1043. When I think about it,
- 1044. it was the best day of my life.
- 1045. Just for a moment I felt useful.
- 1046. All right.
- 1047. "Had Mademoiselle Blanche
been in England before?
- 1048. "What part of France did she come from?
- 1049. "Mademoiselle Blanche
replied politely but with reserve."
- 1050. Hey.
- 1051. You've got your foot in the toilet.
- 1052. I have?
- 1053. Now you're getting the carpet all wet.
- 1054. Was this your room?
- 1055. No, it was Mom and Dad's.
- 1056. Your dad tells me you're rebuilding.
- 1057. Does it look rebuilt to you?
- 1058. Not especially.
- 1059. Dad barely ever comes here.
He feels guilty, I guess.
- 1060. Because?
- 1061. Hmm?
- 1062. Oh, the fire.
- 1063. Mom kept on complaining
about a leak in the furnace,
- 1064. but Dad, you know,
he's got his nose thing,
- 1065. so he couldn't smell the gas.
- 1066. Anyways, I should probably
get back to my book.
- 1067. All right.
- 1068. Mr. Healy?
- 1069. Are you a bad person?
- 1070. What did you do to that man tonight?
- 1071. Did you kill him?
- 1072. Of course not.
- 1073. That's good.
- 1074. I knew you couldn't
do something like that.
- 1075. Don't stay up too late, all right?
- 1076. Shit.
- 1077. I didn't know what time you'd get here.
- 1078. You said afternoon.
- 1079. Well, uh, we were at the bank
getting your money.
- 1080. There it is, half,
minus a few 100, you know,
- 1081. for, uh, that car that we crashed.
- 1082. I thought you'd wanna chip in for that.
- 1083. Sure.
- 1084. What do you think?
- 1085. - It's purple.
- It's maroon.
- 1086. We stopped at a bar.
That's why we're late.
- 1087. So, Amelia's note.
- 1088. Burbank Airport. Western flight D.
- 1089. I figure she's trying to skip town.
- 1090. How do you wanna do this?
- 1091. I don't know. I say we wait
a couple of days, call Kuttner
- 1092. and see if we can squeeze
a second instalment out of her.
- 1093. A second instalment?
- 1094. You don't wanna call too soon.
- 1095. Gotta act like you're onto something,
like you've been working hard.
- 1096. Then, day three, ask for more money.
- 1097. Well, she's putting a negative spin on it,
but, yeah, that's the idea.
- 1098. Kuttner paid us. Me.
- 1099. She paid me to do a job, right?
- 1100. - I'm not gonna lie to her.
- I respect that.
- 1101. That's why I'll lie to her.
- 1102. Hey, I shelled out 400 bucks
for a detective.
- 1103. Someone who finds clues, huh?
- 1104. I found Sid Shattuck's corpse, didn't I?
- 1105. Found it?
- 1106. You fell on it!
- 1107. I guess I don't understand
why we're not celebrating.
- 1108. I mean, we just got paid.
- 1109. We're all having a drink in the afternoon.
- 1110. What?
- 1111. Forget about it, all right?
- 1112. Oh, would you just...
- 1113. Would you hold on for a goddamn second?
- 1114. You're the world's worst detective.
- 1115. - I'm the worst?
- 1116. The world's worst?
- 1117. Didn't you hear me the first time?
- 1118. Got a cool ad, though.
- 1119. So...
- 1120. Why do you have to be such a fuck-up, huh?
- 1121. You go around and you drink
and you lie and stuff and people hate you!
- 1122. Sweetheart, don't say, "and stuff."
- 1123. I hate you!
- 1124. That works.
- 1125. I'll find the girl myself.
- 1126. You're gonna find her yourself. Okay.
- 1127. Well, say hi to her when you do.
- 1128. I will.
- 1129. 'Course, you're not gonna
find her at the airport,
- 1130. seeing as how it's not a flight.
- 1131. - Did he stop?
- 1132. Your note, look at it. It's not a flight.
- 1133. Every airport has
an overflight curfew from 10:00 to 6:00,
- 1134. Burbank included.
- 1135. And that top number is today's date
but reversed like the European way,
- 1136. which makes sense when you look at FLT
and you think it's not "flight,"
- 1137. it's probably "flat," like apartment.
- 1138. And Burbank APT West?
- 1139. Burbank Apartments West.
- 1140. It's a dump. Fuck it, I'll show you.
- 1141. Holly, go to Janet's this time.
- 1142. - But for real.
- 1143. Jessica's. We've gotta go to work.
- 1144. - Do you want your keys?
- I'm driving.
- 1145. Excuse me.
- 1146. We're looking for the Burbank Apartments.
- 1147. Oh, they're gone.
- 1148. Tore them babies down, um,
going on about two years now.
- 1149. To the airport, then?
- 1150. Well, they used to have
an overflight curfew.
- 1151. It's all right. It's all right. It's okay.
- 1152. - They did.
- 1153. And they still should
if they changed them.
- 1154. They should, they should change them back.
- 1155. - Pull over.
- 1156. - Pull over.
- Hey, what the fuck?
- 1157. The Western Hotel.
- 1158. The Burbank Airport Western Hotel.
- 1159. She's meeting somebody.
- 1160. Okay.
- 1161. Evening. What can I get you?
- 1162. Information.
Have you seen this girl?
- 1163. She probably came in
in the last half hour.
- 1164. Hey, I just work here.
- 1165. Yeah, no shit, Sherlock.
That's why I'm asking you.
- 1166. Hmm. Memory gets a little foggy, you know.
- 1167. What's in it for me?
- 1168. He'll stop doing it.
- 1169. Doing what?
- 1170. Ow!
- 1171. - That.
- 1172. Now, we can do this
the easy way, or we can...
- 1173. We're currently doing it the easy way.
- 1174. Okay. Jesus.
- 1175. The penthouse.
- 1176. She's in the penthouse, top floor.
- 1177. - Are you happy?
- 1178. Guys, listen.
- 1179. You don't go up there,
all right? Trust me.
- 1180. These New York guys are up there.
- 1181. Uh, business guys.
- 1182. They got fucking bodyguards.
- 1183. Kind of had their balls removed.
- 1184. What's that called? Huh?
- 1185. Marriage?
- 1186. Yeah. Uh...
- 1187. Just chill here, you know.
She's gotta come back down.
- 1188. Have a couple of cold ones on me?
- 1189. Oh, not for me.
- 1190. He makes
a strong argument, though.
- 1191. You see? Reasonable. Very reasonable.
- 1192. Now, your buddy,
- 1193. that was the problem,
he wasn't reasonable.
- 1194. Our buddy?
- 1195. Yeah, we don't have friends.
- 1196. The other guy looking for Amelia,
he wasn't with you?
- 1197. Where'd he go?
- 1198. Got in the elevator
right before you guys came in.
- 1199. Did you get a name?
- 1200. John something.
- 1201. Did you actually witness him
getting into the elevator?
- 1202. No, it was told to me
by a wise old Indian.
- 1203. Of course I fucking witnessed it.
- 1204. - Right.
- What the hell's going on?
- 1205. Oh, it just makes sense.
- 1206. - It connects up.
- What makes sense?
- 1207. John Boy. Oh, just something
that BLUEFACE mentioned, yeah.
- 1208. What do you mean, he mentioned?
- 1209. Mentioned how?
- 1210. Oh, you know, he...
- 1211. "There's a guy coming to kill you."
- 1212. That kind of crap. Yeah.
- 1213. We should probably just stay here.
- 1214. Smart move.
- 1215. Unless, of course, he's up there
killing her right now.
- 1216. Nobody's getting killed
at the Burbank Airport Hotel.
- 1217. Because?
- 1218. - That would be national news.
- Yeah, so?
- 1219. Oh, so when's the last time
you were on national news?
- 1220. - February.
- 1221. - Yeah.
- For what?
- 1222. - I got shot, in a diner.
- 1223. In my arm. I told you this last night.
- 1224. We should call the cops.
- 1225. No. It'll take too long.
- 1226. I mean, she could die.
- 1227. You just said
it was the right move to stay down here.
- 1228. No, I said smart move. Different.
- 1229. Munich.
- 1230. What?
- 1231. A guy without his balls.
- 1232. It's a Munich.
- 1233. Munich is a city in Germany.
- 1234. München. Munich. Yeah.
- 1235. Right.
- 1236. Hitler only had one ball.
- 1237. All right, here we go.
- 1238. Hey! Whoa!
- 1239. Oh, shit.
- 1240. What are we doing?
- 1241. I can't just leave.
- 1242. Why?
- 1243. She's in danger, man.
- 1244. - We have to do something about it.
- She's dead.
- 1245. - What do you mean, she's dead?
- Come on!
- 1246. - She's not dead.
- Open your eyes, man.
- 1247. You don't know that!
- 1248. - She's fucking dead!
- You don't know she's—
- 1249. What are you doing here?
- 1250. Holy shit, you got her.
- 1251. You're supposed to be at Jessica's.
- 1252. Yeah, sorry, Mr. March.
- 1253. My sister kicked us out.
She's having a guy over.
- 1254. Your sister's such a slut.
- 1255. Yeah, I know.
- 1256. Hello?
- 1257. Amelia.
- 1258. Should you shake her shoulder? Maybe...
- 1259. You know, my brother used to flick my ear.
- 1260. Like that. I hated that.
- 1261. - We shouldn't be violent.
- You got a brother?
- 1262. - You could just hit her.
- 1263. - Really?
- Like really hard.
- 1264. - I've got a family.
- It's not practical.
- 1265. We probably shouldn't hit her
if we want her to talk to us.
- 1266. It's okay.
- 1267. You were supposed
to get those guys off of me.
- 1268. Do you know who they were?
Do you know who sent them?
- 1269. Yeah. It was my mother.
- 1270. Would you mind starting
from the top because...
- 1271. - Why? It doesn't matter.
- I'm sorry, it doesn't matter?
- 1272. You just shot at us. I think it matters.
- 1273. Okay, okay. I made a film.
- 1274. I made a film with Dean, my boyfriend.
- 1275. And the idea was
that we were gonna, you know,
- 1276. like make this experimental film,
like an artistic film.
- 1277. - Porno film.
- It's not a porno.
- 1278. Look, do you even know who my mother is?
- 1279. Yes, we do.
- 1280. We've actually met your mother.
- 1281. What did she tell you,
that I'm crazy?
- 1282. That I was just lashing out?
- 1283. Something like that.
She might have mentioned—
- 1284. Yeah, well, my mother is a criminal.
- 1285. She's one of them.
- 1286. Who's them? What's them?
- 1287. One of the insiders.
- 1288. One of the capitalist,
- 1289. You know, they want us dead, man!
- 1290. We're just in their crosshairs, you know!
- 1291. We're just pawns!
- 1292. Gosh.
- 1293. Ow.
- 1294. Hey.
- 1295. And what does this
have to do with the birds?
- 1296. Yeah.
- 1297. My mom's supposed to be working
for the Justice Department, right?
- 1298. Sure, she's prosecuting
the catalytic converter case.
- 1299. Yeah, only she's not.
She's not prosecuting it.
- 1300. The auto makers, she's gonna let 'em walk.
- 1301. - But they have the evidence.
- Yes, they have evidence.
- 1302. They have memos proving that
- 1303. Detroit conspired
to suppress the converter,
- 1304. proving they would rather
- 1305. poison our air than spend
a little bit of money.
- 1306. But my mom, she's gonna say
that's not enough.
- 1307. She's gonna lie because...
Because she's on the take.
- 1308. Money again, right?
Mammon, that's her god.
- 1309. That fascist crony...
- 1310. - Okay, okay.
- ... bogart!
- 1311. All right, all right,
just back up a little bit.
- 1312. Why not just go straight to the police?
- 1313. She is the police.
- 1314. She's the head of the Justice Department.
- 1315. You've got a point.
- 1316. Okay, or the newspaper?
- 1317. They all work together.
- 1318. God, have you been living under a rock?
- 1319. All right, so then your solution
was you make a porn film.
- 1320. It's not a porno!
- 1321. You know, I have neighbors.
- 1322. - I made a statement.
- 1323. And yeah, yeah,
my statement contained nudity.
- 1324. - Porno nudity.
- 1325. That's just the commercial element, okay?
- 1326. Okay? Sid said we had to have that.
- 1327. And the reality was
we were getting our message out there.
- 1328. And it was all in the film,
- 1329. names and dates and everything,
everything that my mom was doing,
- 1330. and once it was out there,
once it was in theaters,
- 1331. there's no way that
they could suppress it.
- 1332. There's no way
that they could cover it up.
- 1333. So let me get this straight.
- 1334. You made a porno film
where the point was the plot?
- 1335. What's your hang-up, man?
- 1336. it's not the sex.
- 1337. It's what's in the story.
- 1338. My mom found out.
- 1339. She killed Dean and destroyed the film.
- 1340. Your mom killed Dean?
- 1341. Of course.
- 1342. She killed Misty, too.
- 1343. And Sid Shattuck?
- 1344. Yeah.
- 1345. Okay, so it's like Jack the Ripper
- 1346. and then your mom, basically.
- 1347. So what are you gonna do?
- 1348. I don't know.
- 1349. I'm just really tired, you know.
- 1350. Uh, all right, okay. So, uh, you...
- 1351. We're just gonna talk about it and
we'll think and you get some rest.
- 1352. Yeah, just get some rest.
- 1353. What do you think?
- 1354. I like her.
- 1355. I like her dress.
- 1356. It's a nice dress.
- 1357. But she's a loon.
- 1358. According to her,
her mother's single-handedly
- 1359. gonna wipe out all of Western society.
- 1360. Well, yeah.
- 1361. However, there are people
trying to kill her, right?
- 1362. - Like John Boy.
- Who's John Boy?
- 1363. He's on The Waltons.
- 1364. No, different John Boy.
- 1365. Well, we think.
- 1366. Think, yeah. Pretty sure.
- 1367. Can't be sure, though. Yeah.
- 1368. Mr. March, I just got a call from Judith.
- 1369. She didn't explain herself.
- 1370. Said she needed $100,000 in cash.
- 1371. - $100,000? Why?
- I don't know.
- 1372. I think she's involved
in something shady maybe.
- 1373. Well, her daughter
certainly seems to think so.
- 1374. What, Amelia? You found Amelia?
- 1375. Yes.
- 1376. She fell on our car.
- 1377. We were just talking
and she fell on our car.
- 1378. Anyway, she's here. You should come over.
- 1379. I'll send the family doctor.
- 1380. Okay, look,
- 1381. - Mr. March...
- Holland, please.
- 1382. I've got a bad feeling about this.
- 1383. Would you be willing
to carry the money for me?
- 1384. I wish I knew who to believe on this one.
- 1385. Well, the kid's a write-off,
I'll tell you that much.
- 1386. Maybe they're both telling the truth.
- 1387. We're downstairs.
- 1388. She's coming down.
- 1389. What do you mean,
they're both telling the truth?
- 1390. What the fuck does that mean?
- 1391. I got a friend, right?
- 1392. Secret Service. Worked the Nixon detail.
- 1393. This was after
they threw him out of office.
- 1394. No. Anyway, you know,
- 1395. Nixon's driving around
one day around San Clemente.
- 1396. Just him and a few agents.
- 1397. Yeah.
- 1398. And they come across
this car accident, right?
- 1399. There's a guy pinned under a car.
- 1400. Anyway, Nixon gets out,
runs over to check on the guy,
- 1401. you know, leans down,
and Nixon says to him,
- 1402. "You're gonna be okay, son.
You're gonna be all right."
- 1403. And right then the guy dies.
- 1404. I don't get it.
- 1405. Think about it
from that guy's point of view, okay?
- 1406. The guy who died.
- 1407. He's lying there on the ground,
staring up at the sky, near death,
- 1408. and then former president,
Richard Nixon, appears before him
- 1409. and tells him he's gonna be fine.
- 1410. Now, did he think that's normal, right,
- 1411. that before they die everybody sees Nixon?
- 1412. You're expecting an angel
and you get Nixon.
- 1413. - Exactly. Right?
- 1414. It's the same situation,
just a vastly different point of view.
- 1415. - So there's two ways to look at something.
- 1416. - That's the point of the story?
- 1417. - Yeah, just say that.
- 1418. Well, you just lead me on this
epic fucking journey with this story
- 1419. and 10 minutes later the point is
- 1420. that there's two ways
to look at something.
- 1421. Just... You could just say that.
- 1422. You didn't like that story?
- 1423. - That would be awful.
- Wouldn't it, right?
- 1424. - Yeah.
- It would suck, right?
- 1425. - Oh.
- 1426. Thank God.
- 1427. $100,000. Packed it myself.
- 1428. Just...
- 1429. It's not common you find
such nice people in the world.
- 1430. I'm sorry about him.
- 1431. He just wanted to come along.
I don't know why.
- 1432. But I'll call you, you know,
when we make the drop.
- 1433. Thank you.
- 1434. Are you nervous at all?
- 1435. Me? No.
- 1436. I got insurance.
- 1437. This baby right here.
- 1438. Is that an ankle gun?
- 1439. That is an ankle gun, yeah.
- 1440. - That's pretty sweet.
- 1441. I'm falling asleep at the wheel here, man.
- 1442. I'm gonna need you to drive.
- 1443. I'm gonna pull over up here.
- 1444. You don't have to pull over.
The car can drive itself.
- 1445. What?
- 1446. Just take your hands off the wheel, man.
- 1447. Hmm.
- 1448. I didn't know it could do that.
- 1449. Where you been, man?
- 1450. Every car can do this.
- 1451. Yeah, March, where the fuck
have you been, man?
- 1452. Idiot. You didn't know that?
- 1453. You fly everywhere. You don't even drive.
- 1454. What do you know?
- 1455. He's got a point there, Bumble.
- 1456. Yeah, whatever.
- 1457. I used to fly all the time,
but now the smog is just disgusting, man.
- 1458. It's just this pollution
is out of control.
- 1459. All the bees are riding around
in cars these days.
- 1460. Wake up! Wake up!
- 1461. March! Wake up!
- 1462. March! Wake up!
- 1463. That's not money.
- 1464. Tally packed it herself. She said so.
- 1465. Why? Why would she send us off
on some wild fucking goose chase?
- 1466. Amelia.
- 1467. - No, like The Waltons.
- 1468. Yeah, on TV.
- 1469. Richard something? Yeah.
- 1470. Who's that actor?
- 1471. Jessica, get off the phone.
- 1472. Yeah. Anyway, so this new John Boy's
like a murderer or something.
- 1473. Uh-huh.
- 1474. Shit. Now it's gonna bug me.
- 1475. You must be Holly.
- 1476. Dr. Malek.
- 1477. - Hi.
- 1478. She's inside. Come in.
- 1479. Thank you.
- 1480. Yeah, I don't know...
- 1481. You mind fetching your dad?
- 1482. Uh, he's running an errand.
- 1483. Back anytime soon?
- 1484. Oh, hour, tops.
- 1485. Fine.
- 1486. Now, then, Nurse Holly, how's our patient?
- 1487. That's her?
- 1488. Oh, no, that's Jessica.
- 1489. What she's got you can't fix.
- 1490. You are very funny.
- 1491. In there.
- 1492. - Asleep. Slight fever.
- 1493. On drugs you think?
- 1494. Maybe smoking the reefer?
- 1495. What was she saying?
- 1496. Was she making sense?
- 1497. Hold on. Um...
- 1498. Holly, what's the name of the guy
on The Waltons that plays John Boy?
- 1499. With the hockey puck on his face?
- 1500. That show's for retards.
- 1501. Dr. Malek, would you like a cookie?
Just baked them.
- 1502. There's none left. I looked, remember?
- 1503. No, there's a couple. Doctor?
- 1504. I could be persuaded.
- 1505. After I have a look at Sleeping Beauty.
- 1506. Nurse Holly.
- 1507. Holly, what are you doing? Are you crazy?
- 1508. There are handcuffs
behind the bar, asshole.
- 1509. Get them.
- 1510. This is really slowing me down, Holly.
- 1511. What's going on?
- 1512. Jessica, it's him. He's the guy.
- 1513. Jessica, if you help me with this,
- 1514. I'll only kill Holly.
- 1515. Jessica, dial 911.
- 1516. Jessica, I wouldn't do that if I were you.
- 1517. You hear that?
- 1518. - Excuse me.
- 1519. You hear that sound
just a second ago?
- 1520. Oh, yeah, just now.
- 1521. That was me.
- 1522. I threw that little girl out the window.
- 1523. Cover me.
- 1524. - Holly!
- 1525. - Get in.
- Is she okay?
- 1526. Get down.
- 1527. Fucking fascists!
- 1528. Jesus!
- 1529. Sorry.
- 1530. Get in.
- 1531. Okay, come here.
Stay in here and don't move.
- 1532. - Okay.
- Okay. Okay.
- 1533. Wait, wait. Dad, Dad, here you go.
- 1534. Jesus!
- 1535. Jessica. I think she's awake.
- 1536. Wait, where are you going?
What are you doing?
- 1537. Tell Mr. Healy thanks for nothing.
- 1538. Oh, fuck.
- 1539. Fuck!
- 1540. Are you okay?
- 1541. March, gun, gun!
- 1542. - Fuck!
- 1543. Here.
- 1544. He's gone.
- 1545. Hey.
- 1546. Shit.
- 1547. Wow.
- 1548. Please, I need to get out of here.
- 1549. She had her fucking
daughter killed, Perry.
- 1550. Please tell me they're
at least gonna question her.
- 1551. They haven't and they're not going to.
- 1552. Because?
- 1553. Because she's the head
of the Justice Department.
- 1554. Oh, and, by the way, you're welcome.
- 1555. You're out, free on your own recognizance.
You get to walk.
- 1556. There should be like a statue
of me in your fucking house.
- 1557. I'm sorry, guys.
- 1558. You're gonna lose this one, all right?
- 1559. Your word against hers.
No evidence. You lose.
- 1560. You better seriously think
about changing your story.
- 1561. Oh, fuck it. Maybe they're right.
- 1562. Maybe the goddamn birds can't breathe.
- 1563. Amelia, Misty, Dean, Shattuck, all dead.
- 1564. The rest of us just get to choke.
- 1565. I need a drink.
- 1566. - How much do I owe you, buddy?
- 12 bucks, pal.
- 1567. I always hated that palm tree.
- 1568. Never trusted it.
- 1569. - Go inside and get your stuff.
- 1570. We'll go stay in a hotel or something.
- 1571. We'll get room service.
- 1572. Mr. March.
- 1573. Mrs. Glenn.
- 1574. I need to talk to you.
- 1575. What a wonderful surprise.
- 1576. - Is that your house?
- We're remodeling.
- 1577. Listen, this isn't a great time.
- 1578. It is a great time.
- 1579. He is supposed to be looking for my niece.
- 1580. - Really?
- Because I saw her.
- 1581. But nobody believes me.
- 1582. Why will nobody believe me?
- 1583. I'm sure I don't know, ma'am.
- 1584. I saw her in her house
through the front window as clear as day,
- 1585. writing something at a desk.
- 1586. She was wearing a blue pinstriped jacket.
- 1587. I've seen that jacket, sure, yeah.
- 1588. What do you mean, you saw that jacket?
- 1589. In Shattuck's office.
- 1590. It was there with
a bunch of other clothes.
- 1591. That jacket was in Sid Shattuck's office?
- 1592. Yeah. It was bagged up.
- 1593. It had Misty's name on it
and the name of the movie.
- 1594. It's wardrobe for the film.
- 1595. - Holy fucking shit.
- 1596. Sorry. Mrs. Glenn, I need you
to take us to Misty's house.
- 1597. I need you to show us
exactly what you saw.
- 1598. There. There.
That's the window.
- 1599. I was coming around that corner
and I saw her through that window.
- 1600. But, no, it was here. The desk was here.
- 1601. No desk there now.
- 1602. Well,
I don't know what to say.
- 1603. Dad, what are you doing?
- 1604. Give me a second.
- 1605. World's worst detective, huh?
- 1606. You did see your niece, Mrs. Glenn.
- 1607. You saw her on that wall,
at a desk, in a pinstriped suit.
- 1608. So what she saw was a movie?
- 1609. Not a movie. The movie.
- 1610. The movie.
- 1611. But the film burned up.
- 1612. Well, how did she see it
two days after it supposedly burned up?
- 1613. And the wardrobe matches perfectly.
- 1614. So Amelia had a second print?
She had a copy?
- 1615. Wouldn't you?
- 1616. And she gave that copy to Misty.
- 1617. So she comes here,
checks the film against that wall...
- 1618. Lily sees it through that window.
- 1619. And Amelia splits and takes the film.
- 1620. And goes where?
- 1621. Oh, for fuck...
- 1622. I mean, can't we get to the next—
- 1623. The Western Hotel to meet the businessmen.
- 1624. Distributors.
- 1625. She was screening it for the distributors.
- 1626. She was showing them the film.
- 1627. It's out there. The film exists.
- 1628. Now we just have to find it.
- 1629. Guys, look.
- 1630. "Opening night, 9:00 p.m." Signed, Chet.
- 1631. - Fucking Chet.
- The protestor guy?
- 1632. Give me that shit.
- 1633. She was planning something with Chet.
- 1634. Opening night?
- 1635. The LA auto show.
- 1636. - It's today, right?
- 1637. Big party. Mucky-mucks. Loads of press.
- 1638. If you wanted to get a story
out there, right?
- 1639. And fucking Chet's a projectionalist.
- 1640. Please stop talking.
- 1641. I've been listening
to everything you said.
- 1642. Does this mean...
Does this mean that my niece is dead?
- 1643. Yes!
- 1644. I mean, you know, yes.
- 1645. - She was murdered. I'm sorry.
- 1646. But we're gonna bring down
the people who did it.
- 1647. Yeah, and for a deeply
discounted rate, so...
- 1648. Welcome to Los Angeles
and the 1978 Pacific Coast Auto Show.
- 1649. Styled road wheels.
- 1650. These all-new fuel-efficient systems.
- 1651. An incredible 210-brake horsepower.
- 1652. Their battery-powered
- 1653. Cadillac have brought their new El Dorado.
- 1654. featuring a 7-liter V8.
- 1655. You guys know
where the projection room is?
- 1656. You seen Chet, the projectionist?
- 1657. Yeah, he just left
like 10 minutes ago, went for a drink.
- 1658. And you are?
- 1659. In a hurry. Thanks, buddy.
- 1660. How'd you know my name was Buddy?
- 1661. The Malibu sedan.
- 1662. This year's edition
is looking spectacular.
- 1663. Come and see it, folks.
- 1664. It's just a bunch of cars.
- 1665. Motor City Pride.
- 1666. - That's not it.
- 1667. That's not the film.
- 1668. Fucking Chet.
- 1669. He's probably still got it
- 1670. Tally. Oh, my God, you look incredible.
- 1671. How do you get your hair to...
- 1672. Listen, I don't know
what's going on here,
- 1673. but there's been some foul play.
- 1674. Do you know that that
suitcase that you gave us,
- 1675. somebody switched it out?
- 1676. There was no money in it.
- 1677. No shit.
- 1678. Weapons on the floor. Now.
- 1679. I guess
you killed the projectionist, huh?
- 1680. No. My associate's out
looking for him now.
- 1681. We'll find him.
- 1682. Tally, let me ask you something.
- 1683. You ever really killed anybody?
- 1684. In Detroit, yeah. Three times.
- 1685. Really?
- 1686. That's where this all started.
The Detroit show.
- 1687. That bitch Misty shooting her
mouth off about her new movie.
- 1688. Tally, this is not you.
- 1689. You're not a murderer.
- 1690. She just said she killed three people.
- 1691. I know, but I'm saying deep down.
- 1692. Hey, look, one's a mistake.
- 1693. - By the time you get to three—
- Don't paint her with that brush.
- 1694. I guess it's easy
to live in your world, right,
- 1695. where everyone sits in their place.
- 1696. See what's in front of you.
- 1697. She's got a gun and she's killed three—
- 1698. Come on, man.
- 1699. You don't know her upbringing.
- 1700. - You gotta face the situation.
- You don't know what she—
- 1701. Room service.
- 1702. - Shit. No.
- What's wrong with him?
- 1703. I don't know. I'm gonna ask him.
- 1704. - March?
- 1705. Uh, what the fuck are you doing?
- 1706. Did you move it?
- 1707. - Move what?
- The fucking gun.
- 1708. - What gun?
- The fucking ankle gun.
- 1709. Who told you I had an ankle gun?
- 1710. You did. In the car before we crashed.
- 1711. You were like,
"Oh, check out my ankle gun."
- 1712. You know, you showed me your ankle gun.
- 1713. Come on. Are you serious?
Are you fucking serious?
- 1714. - Oh, shit.
- 1715. - Did I dream that?
- Yeah, you moron, you dreamt it.
- 1716. No, no, no, no.
- 1717. Yeah, you're right, that was—
- 1718. Just shut up! Shut up! Both of you.
- 1719. Room service.
- 1720. - This takes the fucking cake.
- 1721. Holly, you can come in now.
- 1722. Very clever, Holly.
- 1723. Thanks. I thought so.
- 1724. Why did you just throw cold coffee on me?
- 1725. I got it in the hallway.
I thought it was hot.
- 1726. I like where your head's at, sweetheart.
- 1727. That really could have worked out.
- 1728. All right, you know, everybody,
in the corner. Come on.
- 1729. Shit.
- 1730. - Well, that really worked out.
- 1731. Now we just gotta find that
fucking Chet before John Boy does.
- 1732. Yeah. Well, that guy said
he was going for a drink.
- 1733. You take the roof bar.
I'll take downstairs.
- 1734. - Well done, kiddo.
- 1735. - You the projectionist?
- 1736. Look, we got a problem on nine.
- 1737. Someone knocked over the projector.
- 1738. The film's all over the floor.
- 1739. - Film's on the floor? Really?
- Yeah, it's a mess.
- 1740. You follow me?
- 1741. Okay, just wait here.
I'm gonna take a look around.
- 1742. I wanna help.
- 1743. You can help by staying put, okay?
- 1744. Promise me you'll get the film?
- 1745. Yeah, I promise.
- 1746. Pinky promise?
- 1747. Fuck.
- 1748. Hey, pal, what can I do you for?
- 1749. Free drinks. What do you have?
- 1750. Little guy, stringy hair.
- 1751. I think they went out through those doors.
- 1752. Hey, Chet? Chet?
- 1753. Hey. Hey, Chet.
- 1754. Amelia's film, where is it?
- 1755. The film is in the projector.
Repeat, it's in the projector.
- 1756. But we already checked that.
- 1757. - Spliced in.
- 1758. It's spliced into the middle of it,
right in the other film. Go get it.
- 1759. On my way.
- 1760. Don't you know it's rude to eavesdrop?
- 1761. I got a gun pointed directly
at your daughter's spine.
- 1762. Come with me. Come on, baby.
- 1763. How does that song go?
- 1764. Welcome, Los Angeles,
- 1765. to the finest fleet of automobiles
Detroit has to offer,
- 1766. giving the world luxury redefined.
- 1767. In addition to the most
- 1768. we are bringing you interiors
that are comfort assured,
- 1769. combining velour, leather,
wood paneling and an improved...
- 1770. Help him up.
- 1771. Why'd you have to bring the goddamn kid?
- 1772. I fucked up.
- 1773. Yeah, you fucked up.
- 1774. America...
- 1775. Oh, my God.
- 1776. Fuck, fuck.
- 1777. Do you want her to see you like this?
- 1778. You fucking drunk.
- 1779. Oh, don't start that crying shit.
- 1780. I fucked up.
- 1781. You drunk motherfucker, you.
- 1782. - I love you.
- It's embarrassing.
- 1783. I'm sorry. Duck.
- 1784. - What?
- 1785. Motherfucker!
- 1786. Well, I'm Bulging Paulsen
- 1787. and I represent the Detroit
- 1788. That's who the hell I am.
- 1789. You poison our air.
The people won't stand for it.
- 1790. Nixon!
- 1791. No!
- 1792. I might be persuaded
to change my mind.
- 1793. Perhaps if we came
to a monetary arrangement.
- 1794. I'll take a wire transfer.
It's a Union Federal account.
- 1795. Number 22-12.
- 1796. Just tell them the exact amounts.
- 1797. He's got a gun!
- 1798. Oh, my God.
- 1799. Three, two, one.
- 1800. Jesus!
- 1801. How'd you get down here?
I told you to go to the roof.
- 1802. - Did you fall?
- 1803. Jesus Christ, are you kidding?
- 1804. I think I'm invincible.
- 1805. It's the only thing that makes sense.
- 1806. - I don't think I can die.
- Where's the film?
- 1807. It's up there. We just gotta go get it.
- 1808. You get out of here, you little shit.
- 1809. You give me that,
you fucked-up little hippy.
- 1810. You want it? Go get it.
- 1811. No!
- 1812. Get me that fucking film. Move it.
- 1813. - Cover me.
- What... March! March!
- 1814. Drop your weapon!
- 1815. Fuck.
- 1816. March, go. I got this.
- 1817. Hey!
- 1818. Run! Just run!
- 1819. Mr. Healy, what are you doing?
- 1820. Go away, Holly.
- 1821. Healy, stop! You don't have to kill him!
- 1822. Mr. Healy, if you kill this man,
I will never speak to you again.
- 1823. Congratulations, buddy.
- 1824. You owe your life to a 13-year-old girl.
- 1825. Come on, let's go down and see your dad.
- 1826. And that would be the cops.
- 1827. Sir? Sir, are you all right?
- 1828. Sir, is anyone left in the building?
- 1829. He's not responsive.
- 1830. All right, let's find out who else is...
- 1831. And sometimes... Sometimes,
- 1832. you just win.
- 1833. Jesus Christ.
- 1834. Oh, shit.
- 1835. You know what? Don't even talk to her.
- 1836. Don't even look at her, man.
- 1837. Fuck.
- 1838. Oh, boys, boys.
- 1839. You really think you've got
something done here.
- 1840. Do you have a clue what just happened?
- 1841. It was protocol. I followed protocol.
- 1842. What's wrong with him?
- 1843. I believe he's making a connection
between you and Adolf Hitler.
- 1844. Read the fucking newspaper.
- 1845. What's good for Detroit
is good for America.
- 1846. Unbelievable.
- 1847. The America I love
owes its life to the Big Three.
- 1848. But it's all right for you
to fail your daughter?
- 1849. Detroit had her killed.
- 1850. I think I read about that.
- 1851. The whole city got together, took a vote.
- 1852. I wanted her safe.
- 1853. That's why I hired you two.
- 1854. You're going to jail, Mrs. Kuttner.
- 1855. I might be going to jail,
but it won't make a difference.
- 1856. You can't take Detroit down.
- 1857. And if I'm not there to take care of it,
- 1858. someone else will be.
- 1859. Okay, well, we shall see.
- 1860. Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas, everybody.
- 1861. Jesus.
- 1862. Where is he?
- 1863. Scotch.
- 1864. Did you see the TV?
- 1865. Yeah, I saw.
- 1866. They're gonna let them off,
the car companies, Scot-free.
- 1867. Not enough evidence of collusion, you see.
- 1868. I heard.
- 1869. The sun went up, the sun went down.
- 1870. Nothing changes, just like you said.
- 1871. Look, they got away with it.
Big surprise, you know?
- 1872. People are stupid.
But they're not that stupid.
- 1873. The point is five years tops,
- 1874. we're all driving
electric cars from Japan, anyway.
- 1875. Mark my words.
- 1876. Look at this.
- 1877. You ever see the bad-breath tie?
- 1878. Breathe on it.
- 1879. Works every time. Kills Holly.
- 1880. At least you're drinking again.
- 1881. Yeah. I feel great.
- 1882. You know, nobody got hurt.
- 1883. A few people got hurt.
- 1884. I'm saying I think
they died quickly, though,
- 1885. so I don't think that they got hurt.
- 1886. Look at this.
- 1887. - I'm sorry you look Filipino.
- I do.
- 1888. Or I look Mexican.
- 1889. And we already got
our first case.
- 1890. - Old lady in Glendale.
- 1891. Thinks her husband's
sleeping with Lynda Carter.
- 1892. Wonder Woman?
- 1893. Or Lynda Carter.
- 1894. That's what we have to figure out.
- 1895. Right.
- 1896. - But he's 82, so it's time sensitive.
- 1897. What do you say?
- 1898. Shit.
- 1899. To the birds.
- 1900. Hallelujah.
- 1901. English