- 1. Don't forget to tell Uncle Louie I left
the red wine and Parmesan in the fridge.
- 2. I love you. Bye-bye.
- 3. - 'Bye, Judy.
- Send me a picture.
- 4. I'll be back soon. Don't worry about it.
- 5. - Be careful, now.
- 6. - Take it easy, now.
- 7. "California, here we come"
- 8. What's wrong? Don't you like my singing?
- 9. I don't like the song.
- 10. You're going to love California.
You get up in the morning...
- 11. roll out of bed, plop, in the pool.
- 12. Yeah, sure.
- 13. You'll see. This isn't exactly a dump
we're moving to.
- 14. Push, Daniel.
Give it all you've got, kid. Push!
- 15. Okay, we've got it. Come on.
Get in, hurry up.
- 16. We did it again. Way to go!
- 17. Daniel, wake up.
- 18. Look off the starboard bow.
Paradise at last.
- 19. We made it.
- 20. Come on.
- 21. This is it.
- 22. This is the end of the line.
- 23. You're telling me.
- 24. Come on. All hands on deck.
- 25. We've got to get this thing unloaded
before it sinks.
- 26. Look at those palm trees!
Damn, do you know what that means?
- 27. Yeah, watch out for falling coconuts.
- 28. - Wise guy. No more Newark winters.
- I like winters.
- 29. Oh, you like sore throats?
You like frozen toes?
- 30. I don't like smog.
- 31. - Did I tell you about the pool here?
- About 100 times.
- 32. Okay, so make it 101.
- 33. Open your eyes, my darling son.
This is the Garden of Eden.
- 34. Come on.
Listen, we're in apartment 20, okay?
- 35. One flight up.
- 36. - Are you okay?
- Don't worry about it.
- 37. - Let me help you up.
- 38. I shouldn't have done that. It was stupid.
- 39. You must be the new people in 20, right?
- 40. Yeah, I guess so.
- 41. - Freddy Fernandez, apartment 17.
- Daniel LaRusso.
- 42. How you doing? Let me help.
- 43. - No, it's fine. It's heavy, man.
- I got it.
- 44. - Where are you from?
- New Jersey.
- 45. What are you doing out here?
- 46. My mom got a job with some company
out here. Rocket Computers.
- 47. Flight of the Future. I don't know.
- 48. - I never heard of it.
- It's up and coming.
- 49. - Is this the only pool you've got?
- That's it. What was that, karate?
- 50. - Yeah.
- Have you been doing it long?
- 51. - Yeah, a while.
- Did you ever use it?
- 52. - A couple of times.
- I bet you could kick some ass.
- 53. I'd like to learn that.
Maybe you could teach me.
- 54. - Sure. That's cool. Anytime.
- 55. This place is a dump.
You should go back to New Jersey.
- 56. How did you know where I was from?
- 57. 'Cause I'm from New Jersey.
I got a nose for my own.
- 58. - Well what part?
- 59. - I never should've left.
- My Uncle Louie's from Parsippany.
- 60. - Louie Martini?
- Louie LaRusso.
- 61. Louie LaRusso? Don't know him.
- 62. Hey, pup.
- 63. How you doing? You thirsty?
- 64. - She's crazy.
- 65. - She's not playing with a full deck.
- She's nice.
- 66. - What are you doing tomorrow?
- I don't know. I guess nothing.
- 67. We're having a beach party.
Want to come?
- 68. - Sure, that's cool.
- I'll come get you in the morning.
- 69. Here's apartment 20.
- 70. - Is it?
- Should I leave this here?
- 71. - Yeah, thanks for the help.
- No problem.
- 72. Nice meeting you. Take care.
See you tomorrow morning.
- 73. Don't say anything about the pool.
I'll call first thing in the morning.
- 74. Did you tell that old lady
where we were from?
- 75. Yes. Didn't she remind you of Aunt Tessy?
- 76. - More like Uncle Louie.
- I really think we're going to do good here.
- 77. I have a very positive feeling.
I'm telling you, Daniel.
- 78. I just know it's going to work.
The faucet's broken.
- 79. The real estate lady said there's
a fix-it guy. See if you can find him.
- 80. What's that for?
- 81. - Uncle Louie's dog.
- He's cute.
- 82. - I got invited to a party tomorrow.
- Great. You see?
- 83. - But you wanted me to help you unpack.
- I don't remember saying that.
- 84. I must have had you mixed up
with somebody else.
- 85. Thanks, Ma.
- 86. Could you tell me
where the maintenance guy is?
- 87. Hey, pup.
- 88. You go in through there,
turn left, not too far...
- 89. then right, go inside, and you'll find him
on the left.
- 90. So I go right then left?
- 91. No, left then right, then inside on the left.
- 92. Hello?
- 93. Are you the maintenance man?
- 94. We're the new people in apartment 20.
- 95. The faucet's really leaking there.
- 96. Could you come fix it?
- 97. Can I tell my mom when?
- 98. When what?
- 99. When you're going to fix the faucet.
- 100. After.
- 101. After what?
- 102. After after!
- 103. Could we have the ball, please?
- 104. Pretty good.
- 105. Show-off.
- 106. Sorry. Hey, wait up.
- 107. - Who's that blonde in the blue?
- The hills.
- 108. - What's the hills?
- 109. - I think the blonde is looking at you.
- Yeah, right.
- 110. - I think she has the hots for you.
- Who could blame her?
- 111. - Why don't you make a move?
- No, I'm eating, man.
- 112. - How can you think about eating?
- I'm hungry.
- 113. - Maybe they ain't got no moves in Jersey.
- I got moves where I come from.
- 114. We've got more moves back there
than here, I'll tell you that much.
- 115. Let's see 'em.
- 116. Come on, buddy. Go get her.
- 117. I'm going.
- 118. - Lose something?
- I hope we're not bothering you.
- 119. Hey, how do you juggle?
- 120. It's pretty easy. You start on the knee.
You just go one.
- 121. One at a time. Then you try two.
- 122. And then three and four.
Try it. Just bring your leg up. Good!
- 123. - That was awesome!
- Brew time. Who's for a warm one?
- 124. No, I pass.
- 125. Who are you kidding?
You're the ace degenerate.
- 126. Ex-degenerate. Tomorrow I'm a senior.
I've got one year to make it all work.
- 127. And that's what I'm gonna do.
Make it work, all of it.
- 128. You must be a trendsetter, Johnny.
Everyone's doing something new.
- 129. Take a right. Check it out.
- 130. - Forget it, man. It's ancient history.
- Who told you, man?
- 131. - I thought they broke up.
- She did, he didn't.
- 132. Come on, try it.
- 133. Watch this.
- 134. I'll get it. I'll be right back.
- 135. - Ali, I want to talk to you.
- Leave me alone.
- 136. We've been over all this.
I don't want to talk.
- 137. I want to talk to you, all right?
- 138. - What is your problem?
- Just get out of here.
- 139. - That won't solve anything.
- Give me my radio.
- 140. I said, give me my radio.
- 141. - You promise you'll talk to me?
- Yes, give me my radio.
- 142. - You just broke my radio!
- 143. Don't touch it, punk.
- 144. - What's going on?
- You want it?
- 145. Johnny, stop it.
- 146. - Stop it.
- I didn't do anything.
- 147. You're a big man now, huh?
- 148. You started this. I just wanted to talk.
- 149. - Leave him alone and we'll talk.
- Where did I hear that before?
- 150. How about you, hero? Had enough?
- 151. - Now we're even.
- No mercy, man.
- 152. Why don't you hit me?
- 153. - It's your fault!
- It's not.
- 154. - It's your fault.
- Ever think it's yours?
- 155. Why do you always have to fight?
- 156. Bullshit. Get on your bikes, guys.
- 157. You sure pick cool people
to be friends with.
- 158. Where'd you find this guy?
- 159. Come on, let's go. He'll be all right.
- 160. - Are you okay?
- Just leave me alone.
- 161. - I'll help you.
- Leave me alone. I'm okay.
- 162. Come on, Ali. Let's go.
It's better if you leave him alone.
- 163. Come on, let's go.
- 164. Daniel!
- 165. - How was the party?
- It was okay.
- 166. Must have been more than okay.
I didn't hear you come in.
- 167. - Any friend material?
- Some. I got to go.
- 168. - Eat first.
- I'm not hungry.
- 169. - You need energy to be charming.
- I'm fine, I got energy.
- 170. Do me a favour. Take off the glasses.
- 171. - Why?
- Because I asked you to.
- 172. - It's California. It's the look.
- I want to see your baby browns.
- 173. - Come on with the baby browns.
- Are you on something?
- 174. - I'm on Minute Maid.
- Why hide your eyes?
- 175. - I'm not.
- Take off the glasses.
- 176. Now!
- 177. My God! How did that happen?
- 178. I hit a kerb with my bike.
I wore the glasses so you wouldn't worry.
- 179. - It looks worse than it feels.
- Don't do that.
- 180. - It doesn't hurt.
- Can you see? You want to stay home?
- 181. I've got to go.
- 182. - Hey, you guys, Freddy, how you doing?
- Hey, the karate kid.
- 183. Let's see the moves.
- 184. - He knows how to get his butt kicked.
- I already know that move.
- 185. Let's get out of here.
- 186. Hey, think fast.
- 187. - Hi.
- Hi, how are you doing?
- 188. - Your eye.
- It looks worse than it feels. Believe me.
- 189. I hope so.
- 190. I never got a chance to thank you.
- 191. That was nothing.
I'm just sorry about your radio.
- 192. I'm more sorry about your eye.
- 193. You should've just given it to him.
- 194. Why? It wasn't his, right?
- 195. - Yeah, it wasn't his.
- We think alike already.
- 196. You know what else we do alike?
- 197. You've been practicing.
- 198. - Cheerleaders, over here.
- I've got to go.
- 199. - I'll see you.
- 200. - Hey, have you got a name?
- Ali with an "I."
- 201. - What's your name?
- Daniel with an "I."
- 202. I'll see you later.
- 203. Definitely.
- 204. Get him, Bobby.
- 205. Have a nice trip?
- 206. Look what he's doing to Bobby.
- 207. Nobody hits me. I'm going to kill him.
- 208. - None of that on this team!
- He hooked me!
- 209. I said out of here!
- 210. Back to it. Let's go.
- 211. This school sucks! It sucks.
- 212. 52, 53, 54...
- 213. 55, 56, 57...
- 214. - Fix faucet.
- Come on in.
- 215. It's the kitchen one.
- 216. 1, 2, 3...
- 217. Karate.
- 218. - Yeah, 5, 6...
- Very good.
- 219. - Learn from book?
- And a few months at the Y in Newark.
- 220. 9, 10...
- 221. 11, 12, 13...
- 222. What happened to eye?
- 223. I fell off my bike.
- 224. Lucky no hurt hand.
- 225. - Ali with an "I." How are you doing?
- 226. - Not too hungry today?
- Not really.
- 227. Have some pie, I made it myself.
- 228. - How do you like the valley?
- It hasn't been dull.
- 229. Was Newark dull?
- 230. How did you know I was from there?
- 231. - I asked.
- Oh, really?
- 232. - Are you sitting with anybody?
- With you, if it's okay.
- 233. - Sounds great to me. Want some milk?
- 234. - Sorry about the soccer tryouts.
- Those are the breaks.
- 235. Remember that guy you had trouble with
on the beach?
- 236. - Yeah, King Karate?
- He's my ex-boyfriend.
- 237. That's good to know. What?
- 238. Yeah, you're right. I know.
- 239. - What are you doing?
- It's this little voice...
- 240. telling me I've got to be nuts
to be talking to you.
- 241. - That'll be $2.50.
- For both.
- 242. - $3.75.
- It doesn't matter, anyway.
- 243. - Why's that?
- Because it's over.
- 244. - Wait. How over?
- 245. One week, five weeks?
How many weeks is "weeks"?
- 246. - Fear does not exist in this dojo. Does it?
- No, Sensei!
- 247. - Pain does not exist in this dojo. Does it?
- No, Sensei!
- 248. - Defeat doesn't exist in this dojo. Does it?
- No, Sensei!
- 249. - Fear does not exist in this dojo. Does it?
- No, Sensei!
- 250. - Pain does not exist in this dojo. Does it?
- No, Sensei!
- 251. - Defeat doesn't exist in this dojo. Does it?
- No, Sensei!
- 252. Prepare.
- 253. - What do we study here?
- The way of the fist, sir!
- 254. - And what is that way?
- Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
- 255. - I can't hear you.
- Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
- 256. - Mr. Lawrence.
- Yes, Sensei.
- 257. Warm them up.
- 258. Fighting positions. Jab punch.
- 259. Ready.
- 260. Guess what.
I'm going to be trained as a manager.
- 261. Isn't that great?
- 262. The programme's two nights a week.
- 263. As soon as a spot opens up, I'm in.
The benefits are great.
- 264. They pay for everything.
- 265. That's great.
- 266. - What's the matter, Daniel?
- 267. Remember when you went to the country
and hated it 'cause you had no friends?
- 268. What happened?
- 269. I got poison ivy.
- 270. You met Kevin and Kenny,
who became your best friends in the world.
- 271. You've got to give it a try.
- 272. I know it's hard.
- 273. We're not quitters, are we?
- 274. I guess not.
- 275. - What's with the karate place?
- It sucks.
- 276. Good. We couldn't afford it anyway.
- 277. And the girl situation?
- 278. - It's okay.
- Just okay?
- 279. To me it looks like
the whole world turned blonde.
- 280. You got your eye on anybody?
- 281. Cute?
- 282. Not cute.
- 283. - She's beyond cute.
- But she's blonde, right?
- 284. - She's got blonde hair.
- Lucille, let's go, here they come.
- 285. - Is she as pretty as Judy?
- She buries Judy in a second.
- 286. She buries Judy?
- 287. Tell me about it later. I love you.
Careful how you ride home.
- 288. She's got an excellent smile.
She's really smart.
- 289. I'd say she's beautiful.
I think she's beautiful.
- 290. I think she's something else.
- 291. She's hot. Definitely hot.
- 292. - Looking for a shortcut to Newark?
- He wants to learn karate.
- 293. Here's the first lesson: How to take a fall.
Don't think about the pain.
- 294. Damn bike! I hate this bike!
- 295. I hate this frigging bike! Stupid bike!
- 296. What's the matter?
Why did you throw your bike away?
- 297. - Because I felt like it.
- Look at me when I'm talking to you.
- 298. My God!
- 299. Tell me what's going on.
Don't say another bike accident.
- 300. - What do you want to hear?
- The truth.
- 301. No, all you want to hear
is how great it is here.
- 302. Maybe for you, but it sucks for me.
I hate this place!
- 303. I hate it, I want to go home!
Why can't we just go back home?
- 304. Listen to me.
- 305. I cannot help you
unless you tell me what's wrong.
- 306. I've got to take karate.
- 307. - You took karate.
- Not at the Y, at a good school.
- 308. - Fighting doesn't solve anything.
- Neither does palm trees.
- 309. That's not fair.
- 310. It wasn't fair coming out here
without asking me.
- 311. You're right.
- 312. I should've asked.
- 313. I just want to go home.
I don't understand the rules here.
- 314. Let's see if we can figure out
the rules together.
- 315. - What about your bike?
- It's safer taking the bus.
- 316. Why can't we just go home
and forget this place?
- 317. - I'll tell you everything he said.
- You'd better.
- 318. How are you?
- 319. - What happened to your forehead?
- It's terrible. A gigantic runaway zit.
- 320. That's gross.
- 321. Daniel, this is Susan.
What really happened?
- 322. I got in a bike accident.
- 323. What kind of bike do you have?
A Honda? Suzuki?
- 324. It's a Miyagi Turbo.
- 325. - Yeah?
- Oh, really?
- 326. - We're going to the arcade. Want to come?
- Sounds great.
- 327. There's this new game I want to show you.
- 328. I forgot something.
I'll catch up with you guys in a minute.
- 329. - Don't run away.
- I'm not running away from anything.
- 330. - We've got to deal with this.
- I'll deal with it my own way.
- 331. - Daniel...
- Get off my case!
- 332. Did you fix my bike?
- 333. - Thank you.
- You're welcome.
- 334. I really appreciate that.
- 335. Are those real trees?
- 336. You like see, come inside.
- 337. Thanks.
- 338. How did they get so small?
- 339. I train.
- 340. Clip here, tie there.
- 341. Did you learn this in Japan?
- 342. Okinawa.
- 343. Where's that?
- 344. My country.
- 345. China here.
- 346. Japan here.
- 347. Okinawa here.
- 348. Did you go to school for this?
- 349. Father teach.
- 350. Was he a gardener?
- 351. Fisherman.
- 352. A fisherman.
- 353. These are really beautiful.
- 354. Come, you try.
- 355. I don't know how to do this stuff.
- 356. - Sit down.
- I may mess it up or something.
- 357. Close eyes.
- 358. Trust.
- 359. Concentrate.
- 360. Think only tree.
- 361. Make a perfect picture
down to last pine needle.
- 362. Wipe your mind clean.
Everything but the tree.
- 363. Nothing exists in whole world...
- 364. only tree.
- 365. You got it?
- 366. Open eyes.
- 367. Remember picture?
- 368. Yeah.
- 369. Make like picture.
- 370. Just trust the picture.
- 371. How do I know my picture's the right one?
- 372. If come from inside you,
always the right one.
- 373. Hi.
- 374. Hi, Ma, come on in.
- 375. - You fixed your bike.
- Mr. Miyagi fixed it.
- 376. Great, thank you.
- 377. - How much do we owe you?
- No, please.
- 378. My pleasure.
- 379. That's very nice.
- 380. Hi, champ.
- 381. Hey.
- 382. - What are you doing?
- I'm trimming my baby tree.
- 383. Bonsai tree.
- 384. Bonsai tree.
- 385. Bonsai.
- 386. Bonsai.
- 387. They're beautiful.
- 388. Mr. Miyagi learned it in Okinawa.
That's where he's from.
- 389. Really?
- 390. They're so delicate.
- 391. For me?
- 392. No, I couldn't.
- 393. Please, hurt feelings.
- 394. That's very nice, thank you.
- 395. - Welcome.
- I know just where it will go.
- 396. Come on, it's getting late.
- 397. - I'll be up in a half hour.
- No, now. School tomorrow.
- 398. - Thank you for everything.
- You're welcome.
- 399. Don't forget tree.
- 400. Must practice.
- 401. Thank you.
- 402. - Sayonara.
- 403. - Goodnight.
- Thanks again. See you.
- 404. Ma, he gave you the nicest one.
This guy is something else.
- 405. You saw what he did to my bike.
This guy is great.
- 406. - Happy Halloween. You like?
- Yeah, that's nice.
- 407. Passed school today. Lots happening.
- 408. What's the matter? You're not going?
- 409. No.
- 410. How come?
- 411. I'm not into dancing that much.
- 412. I don't feel like it, anyway.
- 413. You're too much by self. Not good.
- 414. I'm not by myself.
- 415. I'm with you.
- 416. To make honey, young bee
need young flower, not old prune.
- 417. I don't have a costume, anyway.
- 418. If have costume...
- 419. you go?
- 420. If I went as the Invisible Man.
- 421. Invisible Man?
- 422. You know, so no one would see me.
- 423. There's Daniel.
- 424. - Where?
- In the shower.
- 425. - How do you know?
- I just know.
- 426. May I?
- 427. - I don't know what she sees in him.
- She must be into fungus.
- 428. Help me, my flower needs water.
- 429. You've come to the right place, stranger.
- 430. - I've never danced in a shower.
- A friend of mine made this for me.
- 431. Isn't it great?
- 432. Where have you been hiding?
- 433. I haven't been hiding.
- 434. - I haven't seen you around.
- You been looking?
- 435. - Sort of.
- Sort of?
- 436. I thought you were still angry with me.
- 437. - Why?
- Because of what I said last time I saw you.
- 438. I've been thinking a lot about that.
- 439. I should learn to mind my own business.
- 440. No, I think you're right about facing things.
I feel the same way.
- 441. I just kind of forgot for a while.
- 442. - Thanks for reminding me.
- You're welcome.
- 443. He thinks he can do
whatever he wants to people.
- 444. - Who?
- 445. I'd love to see him get some
of his own medicine.
- 446. What goes around comes around.
- 447. - I'd love to be there when it does.
- Me, too.
- 448. You want to go outside?
- 449. You talked me into it.
- 450. - That chicken is wild!
- That guy's using real eggs!
- 451. He's great!
- 452. No!
- 453. Johnny!
- 454. Johnny!
- 455. - Got that number rolled?
- In a minute.
- 456. I'm going to get the guys. Hurry up.
- 457. Shit!
- 458. Move, man!
- 459. Johnny, what's up?
- 460. Get out of my way!
- 461. - What's wrong?
- It's coming around.
- 462. Get up!
- 463. Get out of my way!
- 464. What the hell are you doing?
- 465. Get out of the way!
- 466. You ain't going nowhere.
- 467. You little wimp!
- 468. You couldn't leave well enough alone,
could you, little twerp?
- 469. No, you had to push it.
Well, now you're gonna pay!
- 470. Where are you going, sweetheart?
- 471. How about a front kick, Johnny?
- 472. Get him up.
- 473. - He's had enough.
- Shut up!
- 474. - He can't even stand up.
- That don't mean squat.
- 475. - Johnny, he's had enough.
- I'll decide when he's had enough.
- 476. What's wrong with you, Johnny?
- 477. - An enemy deserves no mercy.
- 478. You're crazy, man!
- 479. Get him!
- 480. Daniel-san.
- 481. Come.
- 482. Leave on.
- 483. - It stinks. What is it?
- Smell bad, heal good.
- 484. - Where did Spider-Man go?
- 485. The guy who bailed me out.
Where'd he go?
- 486. What, you?
- 487. - No way.
- Why "no way"?
- 488. - Because...
- Because, old man?
- 489. Have tea.
- 490. Feel better.
- 491. Why didn't you tell me?
- 492. - Tell you what?
- That you do karate.
- 493. - You never ask.
- Where'd you learn it?
- 494. Father.
- 495. I thought he was a fisherman.
- 496. In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things:
- 497. Fish and karate.
- 498. Karate come from China, 16th century.
- 499. Called "te," hand.
- 500. Much later...
- 501. Miyagi ancestors call "karate,"
- 502. I always thought it came
from Buddhist temples.
- 503. You, too much TV.
- 504. That's what my mother tells me.
- 505. - Have you ever taught anyone?
- 506. Would you?
- 507. - It depend.
- On what?
- 508. Reason.
- 509. How's revenge?
- 510. You look for revenge that way,
start by digging two graves.
- 511. At least I'd have company, right?
- 512. Fighting always last answer to problem.
- 513. Mr. Miyagi, I don't think
you understand my problem.
- 514. Miyagi understand problem perfect.
- 515. Your friend all karate student?
- 516. Friends? Yeah, those guys.
- 517. Problem attitude.
- 518. The problem is I keep getting
my ass kicked.
- 519. Because boys have bad attitude.
- 520. Karate for defence only.
- 521. That's not what these guys are taught.
- 522. I can see.
- 523. No such thing bad student,
only bad teacher.
- 524. Teacher say, student do.
- 525. Great, that solves everything.
- 526. I'll go to the school and straighten it out
with the teacher.
- 527. Now use head
for something other than target.
- 528. - I was only kidding.
- Why kidding?
- 529. I get killed if I show up there.
- 530. Get killed anyway.
- 531. Would you go with me?
- 532. No, I can't.
- 533. Why? You said it was a good idea.
- 534. For you, good idea.
- 535. For me, good idea no get involved.
- 536. But you're already involved.
- 537. - Very sorry.
- 538. Thanks for nothing then.
- 539. Like I didn't have enough problems already.
- 540. Now I've got to carry your weight, too.
Don't do me any more favours.
- 541. - Daniel-san.
- 542. Okay, I go.
- 543. - Excellent, Mr. Miyagi.
- 544. Miyagi.
- 545. What kind of belt do you have?
- 546. Canvas.
- 547. You like?
- 548. J.C. Penney. $3.98.
- 549. I meant...
- 550. In Okinawa a belt means
no need rope hold up pants.
- 551. That's funny.
- 552. - Daniel-san.
- 553. Karate here.
- 554. Karate here.
- 555. Karate never here.
- 556. You understand?
- 557. I think so.
- 558. Goodnight, Daniel-san.
- 559. Goodnight, Mr. Miyagi. Miyagi!
- 560. Tomorrow morning?
- 561. 10:00.
- 562. Thanks for helping me out
with my friends out there.
- 563. - Good morning, Mr. Miyagi.
- How do you feel?
- 564. - A little sore.
- You know how drive?
- 565. Yeah, I do.
- 566. - No, I'm not very good at it.
- Me neither.
- 567. I don't have a licence.
- 568. Me neither.
- 569. I guess it's okay then.
- 570. You lose concentration
in a fight and you're dead meat!
- 571. - Yes, Sensei.
- 572. Yes, Sensei!
- 573. Get up!
- 574. Give me 60 pushups on your knuckles.
- 575. Combat!
- 576. Brown. Robertson.
- 577. On guard.
- 578. Point. Round kick.
- 579. What are you looking at? Finish him!
- 580. Return.
- 581. Prepare.
- 582. We do not train to be merciful, here.
Mercy is for the weak.
- 583. Here, on the street, in competition...
- 584. a man confronts you, he is the enemy.
- 585. An enemy deserves no mercy.
What is the problem, Mr. Lawrence?
- 586. Come on, let's forget this.
- 587. Wait, not yet.
- 588. Class, we have visitors. Fall in behind me.
- 589. I hear you jumped
some of my students last night.
- 590. Afraid the facts mixed up.
- 591. Are you calling him a liar?
- 592. No call no one nothing.
- 593. What are you here for, old man?
- 594. Come ask leave boy alone.
- 595. Can't the boy take care of himself?
- 596. One-to-one problem, yes.
- 597. Five-to-one problem, too much ask anyone.
- 598. Is that what's bothering you, the odds?
- 599. Well, we can fix that.
- 600. - Feel like matching, Mr. Lawrence?
- Yes, Sensei!
- 601. No more fighting.
- 602. This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class.
- 603. You don't come in here,
drop a challenge and leave, old man.
- 604. You get your boy on the mat,
or you and I will have a problem.
- 605. Too much advantage, your dojo.
- 606. Name a place.
- 607. Tournament.
- 608. You've got real nerve, old man.
- 609. But I think we can accommodate you.
- 610. Can't we, Mr. Lawrence?
- 611. Yes, Sensei.
- 612. Fall in.
- 613. Ask one more small request.
- 614. Make it fast.
- 615. Ask leave boy alone to train.
- 616. You're a pushy little bastard, ain't you?
- 617. But I like that.
- 618. No one touches the prima donna
until the tournament.
- 619. - Is that understood?
- Yes, Sensei!
- 620. But if you don't show...
- 621. then it's open season...
- 622. on him...
- 623. and you.
- 624. I can't believe this.
- 625. - I cannot believe this!
- 626. What you just got me into.
You said you'd make things better.
- 627. - I did.
- 628. How? I saved you two months of beating.
- 629. Great, now I've got something
to look forward to.
- 630. How much further is your house?
- 631. Other side tracks.
- 632. Are you in the oil business, too?
- 633. Not everything is as seem.
- 634. Reminds me of Newark.
What are we going to do here?
- 635. Start training.
- 636. Much work be done.
- 637. Tournament here before you know it.
- 638. That's what I'm afraid of.
- 639. That teacher was really wacko.
You really think I can beat that guy?
- 640. No matter.
- 641. Wacko teacher attitude rest in fist.
- 642. Stupid, but fact of life.
- 643. Win, lose, no matter.
- 644. You make good fight, earn respect.
- 645. - Then nobody bother.
- They'll bury me where I fall.
- 646. Either way, problem solved.
Wait right here.
- 647. This is great.
- 648. - I forgot to give you this back.
- You keep.
- 649. Thanks a lot.
- 650. - Ready?
- Yeah, I guess so.
- 651. Daniel-san, must talk.
- 652. Walk on road.
- 653. Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe.
- 654. Walk middle, sooner or later,
you get squished just like grape.
- 655. Here, karate same thing.
- 656. Either you karate do, yes, or karate do, no.
- 657. You karate do, "guess so," just like grape.
- 658. Understand?
- 659. Yeah, I understand.
- 660. Ready?
- 661. Yeah, I'm ready.
- 662. Yes.
- 663. First make sacred pact.
- 664. I promise teach karate. That's my part.
- 665. You promise learn. I say, you do,
no questions. That's your part.
- 666. Deal?
- 667. It's a deal.
- 668. First wash all the cars, then wax.
- 669. - Why do I have to...
- Remember deal. No questions.
- 670. Yeah, but...
- 671. Wax on right hand. Wax off left hand.
- 672. Wax on, wax off.
- 673. Breathe in through nose,
out through mouth.
- 674. Wax on, wax off.
- 675. Don't forget to breathe. Very important.
- 676. Wax on, wax off.
- 677. Wax on, wax off.
- 678. Where did these cars come from?
- 679. Detroit.
- 680. Wax on...
- 681. right hand make circle.
- 682. Wax off, left hand make circle.
- 683. Wax on, wax off.
- 684. Breathe in, breathe out.
- 685. Wax on, wax off.
- 686. Mr. Miyagi, I'm finished.
- 687. You want to check these out?
- 688. Mr. Miyagi?
- 689. Mr. Miyagi?
- 690. Hello?
- 691. I've been looking all over for you.
Where've you been?
- 692. - I don't believe it.
- 693. - Where are you going?
- I'm going to find that idiot.
- 694. - No, it's been taken care of.
- Until next time.
- 695. - There isn't going to be a "next time."
- There they are.
- 696. Watch this.
Hey, guys, it's good to see you.
- 697. Sorry about your eye, Johnny.
Your shoulder okay, Tommy?
- 698. You guys be careful not to step
in front of any more buses.
- 699. Hold it. Remember what Sensei said?
Wait for the tournament.
- 700. It must be "Take a Worm for a Walk" week.
- 701. You did all that damage?
- 702. When you make a wish in the shower,
it always comes true.
- 703. - I should have kept my mouth shut.
- No, we've got an agreement.
- 704. Yeah? What's that?
- 705. They agreed not to beat up on me
and I promised not to bleed on them.
- 706. - I don't believe you.
- What can I do, moan and groan?
- 707. - Anybody else would.
- Who'd listen anyway?
- 708. Me.
- 709. Really?
- 710. - You feel like listening on Saturday night?
- 711. Great! So Saturday night...
- 712. we'll go out, we'll have a good time.
We'll do whatever.
- 713. - Is that your address?
- You got it.
- 714. Where is this?
- 715. - I've got to go.
- 716. I'll talk to you later. Great.
- 717. All right.
- 718. Mr. Harris, can I talk to you?
LaRusso. Third period history class.
- 719. I wanted to tell you, I really got a lot
out of that lecture about the Indians.
- 720. I was telling my buddies about it.
Could you give us a quick review?
- 721. - Sure, I'm free this period.
- Great for me.
- 722. No, I got to go.
- 723. I guess that leaves you and me,
but that's all right.
- 724. You can tell them about it later.
- 725. The Plains Indians
were a very primitive tribe...
- 726. Come on, Casanova.
- 727. - Hi, how are you doing?
- 728. - You look nice.
- Thank you.
- 729. You've got company.
- 730. Those are my parents.
Come on, I want you to meet them.
- 731. Great.
- 732. - Hello, sweetheart.
- Hi, Dad.
- 733. This is Daniel LaRusso.
- 734. - My parents, Mr. And Mrs. Mills.
- How do you do, Daniel?
- 735. - Hello, Daniel.
- Nice to meet you.
- 736. - Where are you going?
- I don't know. Where are we going?
- 737. I don't know. Wherever you want.
- 738. - Golf N' Stuff?
- We're going to Golf N' Stuff, then.
- 739. Don't worry about that.
Weren't you going to have that fixed?
- 740. I am. I was. I will.
- 741. - You live in Encino, Daniel?
- Encino? No.
- 742. - Where do you live?
- Out, like Reseda.
- 743. - And that's your mother?
- Yeah, that's her.
- 744. Hi!
- 745. She's waiting for us.
We'd better go. Nice to meet you.
- 746. - Not too late, sweetheart.
- Okay, Dad.
- 747. - Hi, Mrs. LaRusso. I'm Ali.
- Hi, Ali. Call me Lucille.
- 748. - That's a beautiful house you have.
- 749. - Can you drive a stick?
- 750. Put it into second, let it roll,
and when I say "pop it," pop it.
- 751. "Pop it."
- 752. Don't worry, it's all under control.
- 753. She's cute. It happens a lot.
- 754. Okay, LaRusso, push! On, you huskies!
- 755. Okay, pop it!
- 756. We got it on the first!
- 757. I'll pick you up at 11:00.
Please, don't be late. Have fun.
- 758. - Look at that slide.
- We'll do that next time.
- 759. - Why next time?
- You need a bathing suit.
- 760. Oh, yeah. Bathing suits.
- 761. - Do you play hockey?
- Not professionally.
- 762. This is the best time
I've had since I've been here.
- 763. - We'll have to do it again.
- 764. Hey, good looking. How are you?
- 765. Good. This is cool.
- 766. - I just got it. You want a ride?
- Some other time.
- 767. - Are you sure?
- Daniel, this is Eddie. Eddie, Daniel.
- 768. - How are you doing, Daniel?
- 769. - Hey, Ali! How's it going?
- Hi, guys.
- 770. - How are you doing?
- Want to come with us?
- 771. No, I don't think so.
You guys have a good time.
- 772. - We'll make room.
- I'll call you tomorrow.
- 773. Your little friend can come,
if it's okay with his mommy.
- 774. Hi, kids.
- 775. - Hey, Mommy, can Daniel come for a ride?
- I really like your car.
- 776. - You could've gone.
- I didn't want to.
- 777. - It's no big deal.
- Lf I'd wanted to go, I would have.
- 778. It makes no difference to me.
Do what you want, I don't care.
- 779. This is beautiful.
- 780. Mr. Miyagi, this is great.
You've got real fish in there.
- 781. This is outrageous.
- 782. I thought Chung Lee's restaurant was nice.
You beat his act.
- 783. This is paradise. Did you do this yourself?
- 784. Are these bongos?
- 785. No, I got it.
- 786. "Hare Krishna"
- 787. Daniel-san, you much humour.
- 788. - What are these?
- Japanese sander.
- 789. - What do you do with them?
- Funny you should ask.
- 790. Right circle.
- 791. Left circle.
- 792. - It'd be easier going back and forth.
- But you go circle.
- 793. Right circle.
- 794. Left circle.
- 795. Right circle, left circle.
- 796. Breathe in, breathe out.
- 797. Right circle, left circle.
- 798. Right circle, left circle.
- 799. Breathe in, breathe out.
- 800. Whole floor. Right circle, left circle.
- 801. Right circle.
- 802. Left circle.
- 803. Breathe in, breathe out.
- 804. Very good.
- 805. Splinters all gone.
- 806. I'm finished.
- 807. Mr. Miyagi, I'm beat.
- 808. My shoulders.
- 809. Good.
- 810. Go home, get rest.
- 811. Come morning, start early. 6:00.
- 812. Wouldn't a fly swatter be easier?
- 813. Man who catch fly with chopsticks,
- 814. Did you ever catch one?
- 815. Not yet.
- 816. Could I try?
- 817. If wish.
- 818. Hey, Mr. Miyagi, look!
- 819. You, beginner luck.
- 820. I guess that means I can accomplish
anything, right? No sweat.
- 821. First you accomplish paint fence.
- 822. All in wrist.
- 823. Wrist up. Wrist down.
- 824. All in wrist. Up, down, long stroke.
- 825. Very good. Up, down.
- 826. No look me, look fence.
- 827. Up...
- 828. down.
- 829. Bend the wrist. Downstroke, you bend.
- 830. Long stroke. Up, down. Very good.
- 831. Bend your knees. Down.
- 832. Up.
- 833. Very good, Daniel-san.
Don't forget to breathe.
- 834. In, out.
- 835. Up...
- 836. down.
- 837. Up, down.
- 838. Up...
- 839. down.
- 840. Up...
- 841. down.
- 842. Very good, Daniel-san.
- 843. Up, down.
- 844. Up...
- 845. down.
- 846. Small board, left hand.
Big board, right hand.
- 847. - I'm almost done.
- All of fence.
- 848. Big board, right hand.
Small board, left hand.
- 849. Up, down.
- 850. Up, down.
- 851. All finished.
- 852. It looks pretty good, huh?
- 853. Both sides?
- 854. Not yet.
- 855. Daniel-san. Very good job.
- 856. Come morning. Start early.
- 857. Up...
- 858. down.
- 859. Up...
- 860. down.
- 861. Damn it! I can't believe this.
- 862. Missed spot.
- 863. What spot?
- 864. - You didn't tell me you were going fishing.
- You not here when I go.
- 865. - Maybe I wanted to go.
- You karate training.
- 866. I'm what? I'm being your goddamn slave!
- 867. - We made a deal here.
- 868. "So"? You're supposed to teach
and I'm supposed to learn.
- 869. Four days I've been busting my ass,
I haven't learned a thing.
- 870. - You learn plenty.
- I've learned to sand your decks.
- 871. I've waxed your car, I paint your house,
paint your fence.
- 872. - Not everything is as seems.
- Bullshit! I'm going home, man.
- 873. Daniel-san!
- 874. - What?
- Come here.
- 875. - Show me sand the floor.
- I can't move my arm, all right?
- 876. What are you doing?
- 877. What are you doing?
- 878. - Now show me sand the floor.
- How did you do that?
- 879. Show!
- 880. Sand the floor?
- 881. Stand up.
- 882. Show me sand the floor.
- 883. Sand the floor.
- 884. Sand the floor.
- 885. Big circle. Sand the floor.
- 886. Sand the floor.
- 887. Now show me wax on, wax off.
- 888. - Wax on, wax off.
- "Wax on, wax off!"
- 889. Wax on...
- 890. wax off.
- 891. Concentrate. Look in my eyes.
- 892. Lock your hand, thumb inside.
- 893. Wax on...
- 894. wax off.
- 895. Wax on...
- 896. wax off.
- 897. Wax on.
- 898. Wax off.
- 899. Show me paint the fence. Up, down.
- 900. Up.
- 901. Down.
- 902. Up.
- 903. Down.
- 904. Other side. Look eye. Always look eye!
- 905. Show me paint the house. Side, side.
- 906. Lock wrist. Side, side.
- 907. Side, side.
- 908. Show me wax on, wax off.
- 909. Show me paint the fence.
- 910. Show me side, side.
- 911. Show me sand the floor.
- 912. Look eye! Always look eye.
- 913. Come back tomorrow.
- 914. Learn balance. Go water, kick.
- 915. What were you doing on those stumps?
- 916. - Called crane technique.
- Does it work?
- 917. If do right, no can defence.
- 918. Could you teach me?
- 919. First learn stand, then learn fly.
- 920. - Nature rule, Daniel-san, not mine.
- Who taught you?
- 921. - Father teach.
- You must have had some father.
- 922. - Look, the kid's got a pet Nip.
- He know any tricks, kid?
- 923. Excuse, please. Boy cold, must leave.
- 924. Kindly remove bottle.
- 925. Kindly do it yourself, Mr. Moto.
- 926. How did you do that?
- 927. Don't know. First time.
- 928. Hey, you!
- 929. - Hey, not bad. Definitely varsity material.
- You let me.
- 930. Should we try the slide on Friday?
I could pick you up about 7:00.
- 931. I'm having dinner with my parents
at the country club.
- 932. I'll be done by 9:30. Meet me out front.
- 933. - Is that cool?
- 934. Johnny, over here!
- 935. - What's the matter?
- It's that little voice again.
- 936. Pretend you're deaf.
Encino Oaks Country Club. 9:30.
- 937. Friday? Great.
- 938. - Hi, Ali.
- "Hi, Ali."
- 939. I've got to be nuts.
- 940. Okay, here. Stop. Throw anchor.
- 941. Good. Stand bow.
- 942. Not bow. Bow!
- 943. - Up!
- What, up front?
- 944. Make block.
- 945. Left, right. Up, down.
- 946. Side, side. Breathe in, breathe out.
- 947. And no scare fish.
- 948. When do I learn how to punch?
- 949. Better learn balance.
- 950. Balance is key.
- 951. Balance good, karate good.
- 952. Balance bad, better pack up, go home.
- 953. Yeah, I understand.
- 954. Did you ever get into fights
when you were a kid?
- 955. Plenty.
- 956. - It wasn't like the problem I have, right?
- Fighting, fighting. Same, same.
- 957. But you knew karate.
- 958. Someone always know more.
- 959. There were times
when you were scared to fight?
- 960. Always scared. Miyagi hate fighting.
- 961. - But you like karate.
- 962. Karate's fighting, you train to fight.
- 963. That what you think?
- 964. No.
- 965. Then why train?
- 966. So I won't have to fight.
- 967. Miyagi have hope for you.
- 968. - When do I learn how to punch?
- Learn how punch...
- 969. when learn how keep dry!
- 970. Daniel-san, you're all wet behind ear!
- 971. Are you crazy?
- 972. You're crazy.
- 973. Trouble with Johnny?
- 974. - You two lovebirds having problems?
- We're not lovebirds.
- 975. - What time is it?
- It's about 9:40.
- 976. - I've got to go.
- Do you have a date?
- 977. - With whom?
- A friend.
- 978. Not that boy from Reseda.
- 979. Yeah, he's from Reseda.
- 980. He's a nice guy. It's no big deal.
- 981. Honey, you've monopolised
the best-looking man here long enough.
- 982. - Hi.
- 983. I've been thinking,
maybe we can call a truce.
- 984. I'm not at war. Excuse me.
- 985. Could we please finish the dance?
- 986. Don't you ever do that to me again!
- 987. I didn't know you were a singer.
How are you doing?
- 988. Daniel-san, come inside.
- 989. - What's that song you were singing?
- Japanese blues.
- 990. Kampai.
- 991. Kampai.
- 992. Banzai!
- 993. To baby trees.
- 994. Not bonsai. Banzai!
- 995. Banzai.
- 996. Banzai!
- 997. - Banzai!
- Close enough.
- 998. - What are we celebrating here?
- 999. Whose anniversary?
- 1000. Is this your wife?
I didn't know you were married.
- 1001. - Damn beautiful, don't you think?
- Yeah, she's pretty.
- 1002. First time I saw her...
- 1003. was cane field, Hawaii.
- 1004. Beautiful.
- 1005. Damn good cane cutter, too.
- 1006. Where is she now?
- 1007. Drink, drink.
- 1008. Daniel-san.
- 1009. Look, look.
- 1010. First American-born Miyagi
waiting to be born.
- 1011. Drink, drink.
- 1012. "Sergeant Miyagi!
- 1013. "Yes, sir!
- 1014. "Sergeant Miyagi reporting.
Killed many Jerry Germans, sir.
- 1015. "Sergeant Miyagi.
- 1016. "Yes, sir.
- 1017. "Regret to inform...
- 1018. "... wife have complications at birth."
- 1019. Complications. No doctor came.
- 1020. Land of free, home of brave.
- 1021. No doctor came.
- 1022. Mr. Miyagi.
- 1023. Are you okay?
- 1024. "We regret to inform you
that on November 2, 1944...
- 1025. "... at the Manzanar Relocation Center...
- 1026. "... your wife and newborn son died...
- 1027. "... due to complications
arising from childbirth."
- 1028. "Valour."
- 1029. Secret to punch...
- 1030. make power of whole body...
- 1031. fit inside one inch, here.
- 1032. Power, whole body, one inch, here.
- 1033. Now punch.
- 1034. Hard.
- 1035. You some kind of girl or something?
- 1036. Punch! Drive a punch.
Not just arm. Whole body.
- 1037. Hip, leg, drive a punch. Make kiai.
- 1038. Give you power. Now drive punch.
- 1039. - Kiai.
- Once more.
- 1040. - Kiai.
- Once more.
- 1041. Very good, Daniel-san.
- 1042. Hey, pretty good?
- 1043. Look at this.
- 1044. Wait. Daniel-san.
- 1045. What do you think?
- 1046. I tell you what Miyagi think,
I think you dance around too much.
- 1047. I think you talk too much.
I think you no concentrate enough.
- 1048. Lots of work to be done.
Tournament just around corner.
- 1049. Come, stand up.
- 1050. Steady, concentrate. Focus power.
- 1051. Drive a punch.
- 1052. Drive a punch, Daniel-san.
- 1053. "Happy birthday to you
- 1054. "Happy birthday to you
- 1055. "Happy birthday, dear Daniel-san
- 1056. "Happy birthday to you"
- 1057. Make wish.
- 1058. I know what I'm wishing for.
- 1059. Very good.
- 1060. Number one birthday present.
- 1061. Mr. Miyagi, what did you do?
You didn't have to do this.
- 1062. What is this? I have no idea.
- 1063. Mr. Miyagi, this is great.
- 1064. Where did this come from?
- 1065. Mrs. Miyagi make, long time ago.
- 1066. If you ever want this patch back,
- 1067. I know you understand.
- 1068. Try on.
- 1069. This is beautiful. This is great.
- 1070. Do you think I stand a chance
at the tournament?
- 1071. Not matter what Miyagi think.
Miyagi not fighting.
- 1072. I don't know if I know enough karate.
- 1073. Feeling correct.
- 1074. You sure know how to make
a guy feel confident.
- 1075. You trust the quality of what you know,
- 1076. Today you get driver's licence?
- 1077. Yeah, look at this.
- 1078. Check that out.
- 1079. "Daniel LaRusso."
- 1080. Congratulations.
- 1081. Thanks. The kid's legal, now.
- 1082. I never know you have sweetheart.
- 1083. No, I don't.
- 1084. Look good together.
- 1085. Different, but same.
- 1086. No. Different, but different.
- 1087. Too bad mother not here.
- 1088. Shoot!
- 1089. - Shoot! Damn!
- What's matter?
- 1090. I've got to go. My mother
is making a surprise cake for me.
- 1091. - Miyagi understand.
- I wasn't supposed to know. Damn it.
- 1092. - That's okay.
- I'm sorry.
- 1093. Miyagi once have mother, too.
- 1094. Go outside. Something show you.
- 1095. - What?
- Number two present.
- 1096. Number two present?
- 1097. You don't have to give me anything.
You've given me enough already.
- 1098. No really, I'm serious.
- 1099. Choose.
- 1100. Oh, no.
- 1101. Hurt old man feeling.
- 1102. - Choose.
- Oh, wow.
- 1103. I can't believe it.
- 1104. What a gift!
- 1105. Oh, boy.
- 1106. Just remember:
- 1107. A licence never replace eye, ear and brain.
- 1108. What matter?
- 1109. I'm just scared.
The tournament and everything.
- 1110. You remember lesson about balance?
- 1111. Yeah.
- 1112. Lesson not just karate only.
- 1113. Lesson for whole life.
- 1114. Whole life have a balance.
- 1115. Everything be better.
- 1116. Understand?
- 1117. Yeah, I understand.
- 1118. Oh, wow.
- 1119. You're the best friend I ever had.
- 1120. You...
- 1121. pretty okay, too.
- 1122. Go.
- 1123. Go find the balance.
- 1124. - Banzai, Daniel-san!
- 1125. I give up. Don't shoot! No.
- 1126. - Don't leave me. I'm wounded.
- Good, maybe you'll die.
- 1127. - I just wanted to apologise.
- Fine, you apologised.
- 1128. - I got my licence.
- 1129. - What's with you?
- What do you expect? Cartwheels?
- 1130. I just expected some courtesy,
or is that only for people with fancy cars?
- 1131. Can't you take a hint?
- 1132. Does the truth hurt?
- 1133. - You really think that's it?
- I know it is.
- 1134. - You're wrong.
- I bet I'm wrong.
- 1135. I didn't go out with you
because of a car or where you live.
- 1136. Okay, while we're on the subject,
why did you then?
- 1137. Why did you?
- 1138. I thought maybe you and me
- 1139. I'm from Reseda, you're from the hills,
that's how we're different.
- 1140. Admit that you just can't handle
the situation the way it is.
- 1141. I can handle it fine. You can't.
- 1142. What makes you so sensitive?
She's never been anything but nice to you.
- 1143. - She used me to make him jealous.
- She doesn't even like him.
- 1144. Who could tell, the way their faces
were stuck together at the country club?
- 1145. Right, you didn't stick around
for the exciting conclusion.
- 1146. - What, his hand on her ass?
- Her right hook.
- 1147. You think she sprained her wrist
doing her nails?
- 1148. - She hit him?
- That's an understatement.
- 1149. - Why didn't she say something?
- She shouldn't have to, should she?
- 1150. Hey, slugger.
- 1151. Look, I'm a jerk.
- 1152. You are a jerk.
- 1153. So, am I forgiven?
- 1154. I don't hear anything.
- 1155. Sounds like a "yes" to me.
- 1156. Come here.
- 1157. I guess you know
about the tournament tomorrow.
- 1158. Who doesn't?
- 1159. Dumb move, huh?
- 1160. Not necessarily.
- 1161. I don't have much of a cheering section.
- 1162. You got me.
- 1163. I'll probably get killed in the first match.
- 1164. So, we'll leave early.
- 1165. - I've got something to show you.
- 1166. - How do you like it?
- Is it yours? Are you serious?
- 1167. - It's beautiful.
- It sure is.
- 1168. - My God.
- Here you go.
- 1169. - You want me to drive?
- It's the '80s!
- 1170. - To start, you push that button.
- You're incredible.
- 1171. Press the clutch.
Get the lights, no that one.
- 1172. Good. Down is first. Let it out slow.
- 1173. Hold on!
- 1174. This is awesome. How fast does it go?
- 1175. Let's not find out.
- 1176. - What belt are you?
- Why matter?
- 1177. This is open division,
it's only for brown belt or above.
- 1178. Boy black belt.
- 1179. You'd better hustle. They're starting.
Down the hall, to your left.
- 1180. - I'll see you inside.
- 1181. Excuse me, Mr. Referee.
- 1182. This is not "Miyaji." Miyagi.
- 1183. Miyagi.
- 1184. Okay, thank you.
- 1185. Well, look who we have here.
Our little friend Danielle.
- 1186. Hello, Danielle.
- 1187. What's the matter?
Mommy not here to dress you?
- 1188. I'm talking to you, punk.
Come on, make a move.
- 1189. Hey, save it for the ring.
- 1190. Come on!
- 1191. - All right.
- Let's go.
- 1192. Come on.
- 1193. Points or no points...
- 1194. you're dead meat.
- 1195. I said out!
- 1196. Dead meat.
- 1197. Way to go, I think he's gonna cry.
- 1198. The winner of the first match
in the open division is Rufus Schneider.
- 1199. - Mr. Miyagi.
- Hurry. Tournament starting.
- 1200. Where'd we get this?
- 1201. Daniel LaRusso...
- 1202. - Buddha provide.
- ... please report to Ring 3.
- 1203. - Where's Ring 3?
- Over there.
- 1204. Hold it! Sorry, teachers and students only.
- 1205. He doesn't speak English...
- 1206. and I can't understand his instructions
without her. She's his translator.
- 1207. - What did he say?
- You remind him of his uncle in Tokyo.
- 1208. - I guess it's okay. What?
- He says you're very kind.
- 1209. - Thank you.
- 1210. - What are the rules here?
- I don't know.
- 1211. First time you, first time me.
- 1212. I figured you knew about this stuff.
I figured you went to these before.
- 1213. Great, I'm dead.
- 1214. - You told me you fought a lot.
- For life, not for points.
- 1215. Everything above your waist is a point.
- 1216. You can hit the head, sternum,
kidneys, ribs. Got it?
- 1217. - I hope so.
- You can do it.
- 1218. When are you jerks going to grow up?
- 1219. - Where am I, over here at this one?
- Number 3.
- 1220. - What's that guy kneeling for?
- I don't know.
- 1221. - Don't you know anything?
- Don't get hit.
- 1222. Face. Bow. On guard.
- 1223. Fight.
- 1224. Back on your line.
- 1225. Be tough, Daniel.
- 1226. Come on, be tough.
- 1227. Remember your defence. Points coming.
Concentrate. Focus power.
- 1228. Remember balance. Make good fight.
- 1229. Run out of the ring once more,
it'll cost you a point.
- 1230. On guard. Ready?
- 1231. That's one, Daniel, come on.
- 1232. One more!
- 1233. Move back on your line.
- 1234. That's one point, round kick.
- 1235. Daniel, you're the best!
- 1236. You're dead!
- 1237. Point! Winner!
- 1238. Winner!
- 1239. - It must be tight.
- Yeah, right there.
- 1240. - I never thought I'd get this far.
- Make two of us.
- 1241. Wouldn't it be great if I won?
- 1242. - It'd be great if you survive.
- What do you mean "survive"?
- 1243. - I'm fine as long as I don't move.
- You've got to move now, they're starting.
- 1244. Are they starting now?
What do you mean "survive"?
- 1245. Ladies and gentlemen...
- 1246. may I have your attention, please.
- 1247. This is the first semi-final match
of the afternoon.
- 1248. Defending champion,
John Lawrence of the Cobra Kai.
- 1249. Two-time winner of the All Valley
Under-18 Golden Trophy.
- 1250. He'll be facing Darryl Vidal
of the Locust Valley Karate Club.
- 1251. Three points wins.
Contestants, please come to the ring.
- 1252. Good luck, gentlemen.
- 1253. Go get him, Johnny.
- 1254. Show him what you're made of.
- 1255. Face me, gentlemen. Bow.
- 1256. Face. Bow. Ready?
- 1257. Come on, Johnny.
- 1258. Fast, Johnny. Come on. Do it.
- 1259. One point, Lawrence.
- 1260. Lawrence, back on the line.
- 1261. Way to go!
- 1262. Are you all right?
- 1263. I'm okay.
- 1264. One point, Lawrence.
- 1265. Good point, Johnny!
- 1266. Point Lawrence. Winner!
- 1267. The next semi-final determines
who will face the defending champion.
- 1268. Daniel LaRusso, of the Miyagi-do Karate.
- 1269. Bobby...
- 1270. I want him out of commission.
- 1271. Sensei, I can beat this guy.
- 1272. - I don't want him beaten.
- But I'll be disqualified!
- 1273. Out of commission.
- 1274. Let's go, fellas. Good luck.
- 1275. Do what you got to do, Bobby!
- 1276. Face. Bow. Ready?
- 1277. Watch the control, gentlemen. Ready?
- 1278. - I'm sorry! I didn't mean it.
- My leg!
- 1279. - Mr. Miyagi, my leg hurts.
- Miyagi here.
- 1280. Bobby Brown of the Cobra Kai
has been disqualified...
- 1281. for excessive and deliberate contact.
Under rule 41-2...
- 1282. Daniel LaRusso has 15 minutes
to return to the ring.
- 1283. If he is unable to return...
- 1284. John Lawrence will win by default.
- 1285. I'll inform the judges.
- 1286. You did well out there, young man.
- 1287. Damn it!
- 1288. Honey, forget it.
- 1289. You were great.
- 1290. I couldn't be prouder.
- 1291. It was just bad luck.
- 1292. You would have won
if they hadn't cheated.
- 1293. Just leave me alone for a minute.
- 1294. We'll be outside.
- 1295. Mr. Miyagi...
- 1296. you think I had a chance of winning?
- 1297. Win, lose, no matter.
- 1298. That's not what I mean.
- 1299. Had good chance.
- 1300. Can you fix my leg with that thing you do?
- 1301. No need fight anymore.
- 1302. - You proved a point.
- What, that I can take a beating?
- 1303. Every time I see those guys,
they'll know they got the best of me.
- 1304. I'll never have balance that way,
not with them, not with Ali...
- 1305. not with me.
- 1306. What?
- 1307. Close eye.
- 1308. Ladies and gentlemen,
this is the moment we've been waiting for.
- 1309. Daniel LaRusso's going to fight?
- 1310. Daniel LaRusso's going to fight!
- 1311. This is what it's all about, folks.
You know it.
- 1312. How's the leg, son?
- 1313. All right. What a man!
- 1314. The final match to determine...
- 1315. who'll emerge victor and champion...
- 1316. of the All Valley Under-18
- 1317. Daniel LaRusso, Miyaji-do Karate...
- 1318. Miyagi-do.
- 1319. Miyagi-do Karate.
- 1320. versus John Lawrence of the Cobra Kai.
- 1321. Three points wins. Good luck, boys.
- 1322. Come on, Daniel!
You've got this guy. You can do it.
- 1323. Face me. Bow.
- 1324. Face off. Bow. Ready?
- 1325. That's okay, Johnny.
- 1326. Lawrence, return.
- 1327. One point, LaRusso.
- 1328. You're dead.
- 1329. Daniel, you've got him!
- 1330. Point! Jab! That's two for LaRusso.
- 1331. Time out. Go to your sensei.
- 1332. Turn, kneel.
- 1333. Johnny, you're a creampuff!
- 1334. Sweep the leg.
- 1335. You have a problem with that?
- 1336. No, Sensei.
- 1337. No mercy.
- 1338. One more!
- 1339. Two points LaRusso. Lawrence nothing.
- 1340. One point Lawrence. 2-1, LaRusso.
- 1341. Kick to the side. One point Lawrence. 2-2.
- 1342. Out of bounds. Come back in.
- 1343. Destroy him, Johnny!
- 1344. Come on, Daniel, you can do it!
- 1345. Come on, Daniel. Be strong.
- 1346. - Are you okay?
- Yeah, I'm okay.
- 1347. Whoever wins the next point
will be our new champion.
- 1348. Finish him, Johnny!
- 1349. It's over, Johnny! You did it!
- 1350. Are you okay? Can you go on?
- 1351. Get him a body bag!
- 1352. Warning for illegal contact to the knee.
- 1353. Finish him!
- 1354. Winner!
- 1355. The new champion!
- 1356. - You're all right, LaRusso.
- Thanks a lot.
- 1357. Mr. Miyagi, we did it. All right!