- 1. When acclaiming our modern heroes,
- 2. let's not forget...
- 3. The News Reel Cameraman...
- 4. the daredevil who defies death to...
- 5. give us pictures of
the world's happenings.
- 6. And there are other types of photographers.
- 7. Tintypes
- 8. Take your tintype, Mister?
They make fine ash-trays!
- 9. I make them look just like you, Miss.
- 10. M.G.M. News 323
M.G.M. News Reel General Offices
- 11. M.G.M. Haber General Mgr. 313
- 12. Do you know who that is?
- 13. Maybe it's Lydia Pinkham.
- 14. Do you know her?
- 15. What are you doin'...
givin' me a sleigh-ride?
- 16. No charge. It's a present.
- 17. I'd like to have you sit for
- 18. when you get off.
- 19. I wont' be through for three hours.
- 20. I'll wait.
- 21. I'm a photographer. Could I get a job here?
- 22. Get a job here...
with that cocktail shaker?
- 23. You'll have to buy your own camera...
- 24. before they'll give you a trial here.
- 25. Don't close up! I'll be right back!
- 26. What are you doing here?
- 27. None of your business!
I'm waiting to see the boss!
- 28. Well, I'm the boss!
- 29. Well, make me an offer.
- 30. The Grand Central Warehouse is on fire!
- 31. You ought to go photograph the fire, too.
- 32. They'll buy any good film...
- 33. so photograph
anyting that's interesting.
- 34. It's your chance to break in!
- 35. I'll bust in all right! Watch me!
- 36. Where's the fire?
- 37. Up there there's a fire
down here, the said...
- 38. In which house?
- 39. No! It's not in a which house.
It's in a warehouse!
- 40. Now, where is it?
- 41. Where's what?
- 42. Where's the which house?
I mean, which's the warehouse?
- 43. Which warehouse, where?
- 44. Within an hour...
- 45. he was photographing everything...
- 46. from soup to nuts.
- 47. Mosty the nuts.
- 48. Aren't the Yankees playing today?
- 49. Sure...
- 50. in St. Louis!
- 51. Don't be discouraged.
- 52. No one would ever amount to
anything if he didn't try.
- 53. You must always grind
forward, never backward.
- 54. I'll make good next time!
- 55. Tomorrow's Sunday.
- 56. Maybe you'll let me take you...
- 57. for a nice long walk.
- 58. I'm sorry, I have a sort of date.
- 59. But give me your phone number...
- 60. I may call you.
- 61. I'll be waiting.
- 62. From the peek of dawn on Sunday morning.
- 63. My date's off, and-
- 64. I'm sorry if I'm a little late.
- 65. This is the young man who is
to take Sally walking.
- 66. This is my dressing room!
- 67. Shut up or it'll be your coffin!
- 68. Will you keep out of my undershirt?
- 69. Hey! What is this,
a suit or a bib?
- 70. The Big Sea Lion!
- 71. I'll show you some
real fancy diving!
- 72. Let's get out of here and
go walking on the beach.
- 73. Help! I've been robbed
- 74. Hello, Sally! Come on,
I'll drive you home.
- 75. But we couldn't have him in here with us.
- 76. There's never room for three.
- 77. I'm a little damp
so I'll go home...
- 78. I'm sorry you got so wet.
- 79. It was worth it to be near you.
- 80. Where do you live and where do you work?
- 81. Did you ever find that flame
you were looking for?
- 82. Oh, she's so beautiful!
- 83. I'll try your reflexes to
see if you're goofy.
- 84. Monday morning.
- 85. There'll be nothin' for you! Beat it!
- 86. Randall talking.
- 87. This Chinese celebration
may be interesting.
- 88. Send a man down.
- 89. Chinatown is celebrating a holiday.
- 90. It may be worth taking. Go on down.
- 91. I'll make good this time, Sally.
- 92. Now, see! You kill-a de monk!
- 93. Pay jim for that baboon or I'll run you in!
- 94. It's yours. You bought it.
- 95. Get it out of the way!
- 96. If the Wung Fa Tong stars anything...
- 97. you know what to do!
- 98. I took the whole blamed war!
- 99. I got some great pictures of
that Tong War all right.
- 100. Pretty short war!
- 101. I guess I forgot to put film in the camera.
- 102. Say, how did you get wise to that Tong War?
- 103. Miss Sally told me.
- 104. Did you give him the tip, young lady?
- 105. It's all your fault that this fool
has been hanging around here!
- 106. Don't leave me because of me.
- 107. I'll never bother any of your again.
- 108. Tueasday morning.ý
The Westport Yacht Club Regatta
- 109. Did you change this film box in Chinatown?
- 110. Look out you don't get thrown
out when I make this turn.
- 111. You're awfully brave to have saved me.
- 112. What else could a fellow do?
- 113. Wednesday morning.
- 114. That little cameraman left this film here.
- 115. He said you can have it for nothing.
- 116. It's the Tong War!
- 117. That's the best camera
work I've seen in years!
- 118. Get that man here quick!
- 119. I'll never be able to thank you enough.
- 120. Everybody talking about you!
- 121. They're all waiting to...
- 122. give you a great reception!