- 1. Hey!
- 2. a dark and stormy Halloween.
- 3. Good evening and welcome to
GC-1 News live at 8:00.
- 4. Our top story tonight,
- 5. Just-released polls have
incumbent Mayor Don Mitchell, Jr.
- 6. and 28-year-old grassroots challenger
Bella Real in a dead heat.
- 7. Things certainly got hot last night
- 8. in their final debate
before next Tuesday's election.
- 9. Now, my young opponent here wants to
gut the Gotham Renewal Program,
- 10. established by the great Thomas Wayne.
- 11. Cutting funds from vital projects
like our sea wall
- 12. and the safety net
for those who need it.
- 13. The Renewal Program is broken.
This city's been renewing for 20 years.
- 14. Look where it's gotten us.
Crime has skyrocketed.
- 15. Murder and drug use
are at historic highs.
- 16. Now wait... Now hang on.
- 17. We have a masked vigilante
running the street.
- 18. Under my administration,
- 19. the Gotham PD has dealt major blows
to organized crime and drug trafficking.
- 20. The Salvatore Maroni case was
the biggest drug bust in city history.
- 21. But drops and other drugs
are still rampant.
- 22. It's gotten worse.
- 23. I'm not saying there isn't work to do.
- 24. But listen...
- 25. I have a beautiful
wife and young son, okay?
- 26. And I will not rest...
- 27. Hey.
- 28. Yeah, I'm watching it now.
- 29. Why is she still tied?
- 30. But I thought we were getting
a bump in the new Post poll.
- 31. Okay, you know what?
I can't watch this anymore.
- 32. Just call me in the morning, okay?
- 33. who still believes in
everything this city can do.
- 34. We need a leader, Mr. Mitchell,
not a cheerleader.
- 35. And someone who will
tell the people the truth.
- 36. Thursday, October 31st.
- 37. The city streets are crowded
for the holiday.
- 38. Even with the rain.
- 39. Hidden in the chaos is the element,
- 40. waiting to strike like snakes.
- 41. But I'm there too.
- 42. Watching.
- 43. Two years of nights have turned me
into a nocturnal animal.
- 44. I must choose my targets carefully.
- 45. Come on! Give me the money.
- 46. Let's go! Let's go!
All right, all right!
- 47. It's a big city.
- 48. I can't be everywhere.
- 49. But they don't know where I am.
- 50. Look at this guy, man.
- 51. Boom!
- 52. Whoo-hoo-hoo!
- 53. So good, man.
That's what I'm talking about!
- 54. Yo, let's see your hits.
- 55. That's you.
- 56. We have a signal now.
For when I'm needed.
- 57. But when that light hits the sky,
- 58. it's not just a call.
- 59. It's a warning.
- 60. To them.
- 61. Fear...
- 62. Is a tool.
- 63. Are you out of your mind?
Watch where you're goin', drop head!
- 64. They think I'm hiding in the shadows.
- 65. Come on!
- 66. But I am the shadows.
- 67. Come on, come on.
- 68. - Hey, go on, man! Go!
- Get him!
- 69. - Come on, man!
- What are you doin'?
- 70. Somebody help me!
- 71. Help, help!
- 72. Where you goin', huh?
- 73. Come on.
- 74. Come on, man. Break it.
- 75. You can't move, huh?
- 76. Now knock his ass out.
- 77. Showtime. Showtime, man.
- 78. Come on, man.
- 79. Come on. Do it, man.
- 80. You see this guy?
- 81. The hell are you supposed to be?
- 82. I'm vengeance.
- 83. Holy shit. It's him.
- 84. Hey, man. No, no, no!
- 85. Please don't hurt me.
- 86. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
- 87. Police action.
- 88. He's with me, Officer.
- 89. Are you kidding me, sir?
- 90. You're gonna let him in here?
- 91. Martinez, let him through.
- 92. Goddamn freak.
- 93. What do we know?
- 94. Detective?
- 95. Sorry, Lieutenant.
- 96. We got blunt force trauma.
Lacerations on the head.
- 97. He got hit a lot of times. And hard.
- 98. All this blood is from his head?
- 99. No.
- 100. Excuse me.
- 101. Most of it's from his hand.
- 102. Thumb was severed.
- 103. Killer may have taken it as a trophy.
- 104. He was alive when it was cut off.
- 105. Ecchymosis...
- 106. around the wound.
- 107. Security detail downstairs
- 108. said the family was out
- 109. The mayor was up here alone.
- 110. Killer may have come
through the skylight.
- 111. You said there was a card.
- 112. Yeah.
- 113. "From your secret friend. Whoo?
- 114. Haven't a clue?
- 115. Let's play a game, just me and you.
- 116. What does a liar do when he's dead?"
- 117. There's a cipher too.
- 118. Any of this mean anything to you?
- 119. What's going on here?
- 120. I asked him to come, Pete.
- 121. This is a crime scene.
- 122. It's Mitchell, for Christ sakes!
- 123. I got the press downstairs.
- 124. You know, I cut you a lot of slack, Jim,
'cause we got history.
- 125. But this is way over the line.
- 126. Wait.
- 127. - He's involved in this?
- No, he's not involved.
- 128. How do you know?
- 129. He's a goddamn vigilante!
He could be a suspect!
- 130. What are you doin' to me?
We used to be partners.
- 131. I'm just trying
to find the connection, Pete.
- 132. He lies still.
- 133. Excuse me?
- 134. The riddle.
- 135. What does a liar do when he's dead?
He lies still.
- 136. Oh, Jesus.
- 137. This must be your favorite night
of the year, huh, pal?
- 138. Happy fuckin' Halloween.
- 139. Excuse me, Commissioner.
- 140. They're ready for your statement.
- 141. I want him outta here.
- 142. Now!
- 143. Come on.
- 144. Yeah.
- 145. The kid found him.
- 146. Was there anyone else
in the house when you arrived?
- 147. We really gotta go, man.
- 148. Tonight, a son lost a father.
- 149. A wife lost a husband.
- 150. And I lost a friend.
- 151. Mayor Mitchell
was a fighter for the city,
- 152. and I will not rest
until his killer is found.
- 153. This was a truly senseless crime,
- 154. and we are actively pursuing
every investigative lead we have
- 155. in order to identify the perpetrator
and hunt him down.
- 156. I've spoken to the governor...
- 157. I wish I could say
I'm making a difference,
- 158. but I don't know.
- 159. Murder, robberies, assault.
- 160. Two years later, they're all up.
- 161. And now this.
- 162. The city's eating itself.
- 163. Maybe it's beyond saving.
- 164. But I have to try.
- 165. Push myself.
- 166. These nights all roll together in a rush
- 167. behind the mask.
- 168. Sometimes in the morning,
- 169. I have to force myself to remember
- 170. everything that happened.
- 171. Unbelievable
breaking news this hour, everyone.
- 172. Again, four-term incumbent
Gotham Mayor Don Mitchell, Jr.
- 173. was found murdered last night
inside his home
- 174. in the exclusive Crest Hill district.
- 175. Exact details of the crime
- 176. still have not been released,
- 177. but a citywide manhunt
is already underway
- 178. as police and FBI search
for the brazen Killer.
- 179. And this certainly is not the first time
- 180. Gotham has been rocked by
the murder of a political figure.
- 181. In fact, in an eerie coincidence,
it was 20 years ago this week
- 182. that celebrated
- 183. Dr. Thomas Wayne and his wife Martha
- 184. were slain during Wayne's
own mayoral campaign.
- 185. It was a shocking crime
that remains unsolved to this day.
- 186. Don Mitchell, Jr.'s political career
- 187. was especially notable
for his tough war on drugs
- 188. when he and city police
launched a major sting operation,
- 189. resulting in the arrest of notorious
mafia crime figure Salvatore Maroni
- 190. with what, to this day, remains
the biggest drug bust in GCPD history.
- 191. I assume you heard about this.
- 192. Yeah.
- 193. Oh, I see.
- 194. All this blood is from his head?
- 195. Dear God.
- 196. There's a cipher too.
- 197. Any of this mean anything to you?
- 198. The killer left this for the Batman?
- 199. Gordon}
I asked him to come, Pete.
- 200. Apparently.
- 201. You're becoming quite a celebrity.
- 202. Why is he writing to you?
- 203. It's Mitchell, for Christ sakes!
- 204. I don't know yet.
- 205. I got the press downstairs.
- 206. Have a shower.
- 207. Our accounting friends
at Wayne Enterprises
- 208. are coming for breakfast.
- 209. Here? Why?
- 210. Because I couldn't get you to go there.
- 211. I haven't got time for this.
- 212. It's getting serious, Bruce.
- 213. If this continues, it won't be long
before you've nothing left.
- 214. I don't care about that.
- 215. Any of that.
- 216. You don't care about
your family's legacy?
- 217. What I'm doing is my family's legacy.
- 218. If I can't change things here,
- 219. if I can't have an effect,
- 220. then I don't care what happens to me.
- 221. That's what I'm afraid of.
- 222. Alfred, stop.
- 223. You're not my father.
- 224. I'm well aware.
- 225. We really gotta go, man.
- 226. Some fresh berries there.
- 227. What are you doing?
- 228. Just reminiscing about
my days in the Circus.
- 229. This is actually quite elusive.
- 230. Where'd you get those O's?
- 231. "He lies still" is only a partial key.
- 232. It only gives us H, E, I, I, S, and T.
- 233. So, I'm looking for any double symbols
to start, trying letters,
- 234. see where it leads.
- 235. That's interesting.
- 236. Mr. Pennyworth?
- 237. Yes, Dory?
- 238. The accountants are here.
- 239. See them in, please, Dory.
- 240. What if it's not a partial key?
- 241. What do you mean?
- 242. What if this is the whole key?
- 243. Ignore the symbols
we don't have letters for.
- 244. Use only the letters from
"He lies still" and leave the rest...
- 245. Blank. Yeah, I understand.
- 246. But that would leave
most of the cipher unsolved.
- 247. I don't see how that's gonna...
- 248. Oh.
- 249. Damn.
- 250. Yeah, he's got a car.
- 251. Guess it's good to be the mayor.
- 252. Where to even start?
- 253. You sure this isn't a leap?
"Drive" could mean anything.
- 254. You don't trust me?
- 255. You mean like you trust me?
- 256. It's been two years now,
and I don't even know who you are, man.
- 257. There.
- 258. What are we looking for?
- 259. A USB port.
- 260. USB~?
- 261. What?
- 262. "Thumb" drive.
- 263. Jesus.
- 264. It's encrypted.
- 265. Try this.
- 266. Oh, this guy's hilarious.
- 267. Oh, well, well, well.
- 268. So much for family values.
- 269. Who is she?
- 270. No idea.
- 271. But that's the Penguin,
Carmine Falcone's right hand.
- 272. I know who he is.
- 273. What was that?
- 274. Shit, shit! The drive.
- 275. It sent out the photos from my account.
- 276. Gotham Post, Gazette, GC-1, all of them.
- 277. Jesus.
- 278. I'm gonna catch hell for this.
Pete's gonna bust a gasket.
- 279. "He lies still."
- 280. About her?
- 281. Maybe.
- 282. That's the Iceberg Lounge.
- 283. It's under the Shoreline Lofts
where Falcone was holed up.
- 284. Never get in there without a warrant.
- 285. Yeah.
- 286. Know who I am?
- 287. Yeah. I got an idea.
- 288. I want to see the Penguin.
- 289. I don't know
what you're talking about, pal.
- 290. What's the problem?
- 291. Says he wants to see the Penguin.
- 292. Penguin? There's no Penguin here.
- 293. That's what I tried to tell him.
- 294. Get out of here, freak. You hear me?
- 295. Or that little suit's
gonna get all full of blood.
- 296. Mine or yours?
- 297. Get him!
- 298. I saw that whole thing.
- 299. He's over there!
- 300. What is your problem?
- 301. Hey! Put the bat down,
or I'll blow your head off!
- 302. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoal!
- 303. Take it easy, sweetheart.
- 304. You looking for me?
- 305. I see you met the twins.
- 306. Boy, you're everything they say,
- 307. I guess we both are.
- 308. How you doing?
- 309. I'm Oz.
- 310. Who is she?
- 311. I really don't know, chief.
- 312. I might have been coming out
at the same time,
- 313. but I wasn't rolling with them.
- 314. It's okay, baby.
- 315. Mr. Vengeance here, he don't bite.
- 316. Thank you, honey.
- 317. Here you go, champ.
- 318. I wanna know who she is,
and what she has to do with this murder.
- 319. - Whose murder?
- The mayor's.
- 320. Is that the mayor?
- 321. Oh, shit, it is. Look at that.
- 322. Don't make me hurt you.
- 323. You better watch it.
You know my reputation?
- 324. Yeah, I do. Do you?
- 325. Look...
- 326. I'm just the proprietor, okay?
- 327. I mean, what people do here
ain't got nothing to do with me.
- 328. Tell you one thing.
- 329. Whoever she is, she's one hot chick.
- 330. Why don't you ask Mitchell's wife?
Maybe she knows.
- 331. What? Too soon?
- 332. You let me know
if there's anything else I can do.
- 333. Taxi!
- 334. Taxi!
- 335. Hey, it's me.
- 336. Baby, what's wrong?
- 337. Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Slow down, slow down. I can't...
- 338. On the news?
- 339. Okay. No. No, stay there.
Wait for me, okay?
- 340. Wait for me, I'm on my way home.
- 341. Listen, baby, we're gonna get
the hell out of here, okay? I promise.
- 342. If we have to leave earlier,
we'll leave tonight.
- 343. Uh...
- 344. God damn it.
- 345. photos of
murdered mayor, Don Mitchell, Jr.
- 346. with a younger mystery woman.
- 347. In a shocking development, the police
believe the photos themselves...
- 348. Now they urge her to contact the GCPD:
- 349. You're pretty good at that.
- 350. Hey! Give me that.
- 351. "Kosolov, Annika."
- 352. He hurt her? That's why you killed him?
- 353. What? Oh, please.
Just give me the goddamn...
- 354. Listen, honey,
you got the wrong idea, okay?
- 355. I didn't kill anybody.
I'm here for my friend.
- 356. She's trying to
get the hell out of here,
- 357. and this son of a bitch
stole her passport.
- 358. What does she know?
- 359. Whatever it is, it's got her so spooked
she won't even tell me.
- 360. She did seem upset.
- 361. Back at your place.
- 362. Let's go talk to her.
- 363. Anni!
- 364. Baby!
- 365. Anni!
- 366. Anni!
- 367. It's gonna be cool this evening.
- 368. It's gonna be down into the 40s.
- 369. More breaking news this hour
- 370. as the city is rocked by a second
high-profile murder in as many nights.
- 371. And this time, the killer has
come forward to claim credit online...
- 372. Jesus, what are they gonna do to her?
She's just a kid.
- 373. Shit, they took my phone.
- 374. His victim, longtime head
of the Gotham City PD,
- 375. Commissioner Pete Savage,
- 376. was found dead earlier tonight
- 377. inside the Police Athletic League
facilities in the Tricorner area.
- 378. The killer posted the following message
on social media,
- 379. and we have to warn you,
the video is very disturbing.
- 380. Hello, people of Gotham.
- 381. This is the Riddler speaking.
- 382. On Halloween night,
- 383. I killed your mayor because he was not
who he pretended to be.
- 384. But I am not done.
- 385. Here is another...
- 386. Who will soon be losing face.
- 387. I will kill again, and again, and again,
- 388. until our day of judgment
- 389. when the truth about our city
- 390. be unmasked.
- 391. Goodbye!
- 392. Commissioner Savage
served a distinguished
- 393. 30-year career on the GCPD:
- 394. Holy shit, I seen that guy too.
- 395. At the club.
- 396. The Iceberg Lounge?
- 397. 44 Below.
- 398. What is that?
- 399. The club within the club.
- 400. The real club.
- 401. It's a mob hangout.
- 402. Is that where you work?
- 403. Selina?
- 404. No, I just work the bar upstairs.
- 405. But I see 'em come in.
- 406. Who?
- 407. A lot of guys that shouldn't be there,
I can tell you that.
- 408. Your basic upstanding citizen types.
- 409. You're gonna help me on this.
- 410. For your friend.
- 411. You got a lot of cats.
- 412. I have a thing about strays.
- 413. You're not safe here.
- 414. I can take care of myself.
- 415. Two public figures now dead
in just the last two nights,
- 416. and only days before the election.
- 417. Police and city officials
are left searching for a killer
- 418. and hoping to find him
before he kills again.
- 419. He waited for him at the gym.
- 420. Pete always liked to work out
late at night,
- 421. when no one else was around.
- 422. There's a needle mark on his neck.
- 423. Injected him with arsenic.
- 424. Rat poison.
- 425. Yeah.
- 426. That seems to be his theme here.
- 427. Look at this thing.
- 428. It's a maze.
- 429. What kind of demented son of a bitch
does this to a person?
- 430. More symbols.
- 431. It's another cipher.
- 432. He blasted these out
after his message went viral.
- 433. Bastard murders you and your reputation.
- 434. That guy pushes drops. On the east end.
- 435. I don't get it.
- 436. Why would Pete get involved
in something like this?
- 437. Looks like he got greedy.
- 438. You kidding me?
- 439. After everything we did
to take down the Maronis?
- 440. We busted their entire operation,
then he caves to some lowlife dealer?
- 441. Maybe he's not who you thought.
- 442. You make it sound like he had it coming.
- 443. He was a cop.
- 444. Crossed a line.
- 445. "I'm mad about you.
- 446. Want to know my name?
Just look inside and see."
- 447. "Follow the maze until you find the rat.
- 448. Bring him into the light,
and you'll find where I'm at."
- 449. The hell is that?
- 450. "Bring him into the light"?
"Find the rat"?
- 451. I don't know.
- 452. Lieutenant.
- 453. They're coming back.
- 454. We got to get out of here.
- 455. Come on.
- 456. Ow!
- 457. I don't know about these things.
- 458. I need to see in there,
this hunting ground.
- 459. Hey, why am I starting to feel
like a fish on a hook?
- 460. I'm just looking for Annika.
- 461. Boy, you're a real sweetheart.
- 462. You really don't care what happens to me
in there tonight, do you?
- 463. Look at me.
- 464. Looks good. Here.
- 465. I got you. Can you hear me?
- 466. Yeah.
- 467. Hey, where you goin'?
- 468. Hospitality.
- 469. That's one of the guys
I got into it with the other night.
- 470. Looks like I broke his nose.
- 471. "Kenzie, William."
- 472. He's an off-duty cop.
- 473. Are you sure no one can see
these things in my eyes?
- 474. Don't worry. I'm watching you.
- 475. Don't look away.
I need time to make IDs.
- 476. Great.
- 477. These guys have a little problem
with eye contact, don't they?
- 478. Feels good, doesn't it?
- 479. Yeah, baby. Feels real good.
- 480. Jesus, I hate drop heads.
- 481. Really?
- 482. 'Cause when I first saw you,
- 483. it looked like you were
dealing for Penguin.
- 484. You don't know
what you're talking about. Can we not...
- 485. Can we not do this right now?
- 486. Wait. Who was that?
- 487. Oh, I saw him.
- 488. Look back.
- 489. If I look back, it's gonna be
a whole can of worms.
- 490. I need to see his face.
- 491. Jesus.
- 492. That's the DA.
- 493. Gil Colson.
- 494. And he's coming over. You happy?
- 495. Talk to him.
- 496. Hey. How you doing?
- 497. Hi.
- 498. I'm Gil.
- 499. Hey, aren't you the DA?
- 500. Yeah.
- 501. Wow. I've seen you on TV.
- 502. Is that right?
- 503. I haven't seen you around here before.
- 504. It's a hell of a time
to be the new girl,
- 505. 'cause people are all a little on edge.
- 506. Oh, honey, I live on the edge.
- 507. I like that.
- 508. Do you want to come over?
- 509. Sure.
- 510. - This is Travis.
- 511. You wanna take a seat over there?
- 512. - Richie, Glen.
- 513. That's half the DA's office.
- 514. You know Carla here, huh?
- 515. Hi.
- 516. That's Cheri. Don't mind her,
she's just taking a break.
- 517. Drowning our sorrows.
- 518. You want a drop?
- 519. Uh, no, I'm good.
But you enjoy.
- 520. Hope you don't mind.
- 521. I got a lot on my shoulders
with that psycho running around.
- 522. He's wasted.
- 523. No shit.
- 524. I like this girl.
- 525. Oh, hey, I like you too!
- 526. I mean, this Riddler, he's going after
the most powerful people in the city.
- 527. He knows so much.
- 528. He doesn't know shit, man.
- 529. What are you talking about?
Yeah, he does! What about that rat...
- 530. Hey, hey, Gil, come on.
- 531. - Think maybe you had a little too much.
- Hey. The rat.
- 532. - Slow down.
- Ask him about the rat.
- 533. Hey, what's this about a rat?
- 534. I mean...
- 535. there was a rat. We had an informant.
- 536. We had big-time information
on Salvatore Maroni.
- 537. That's how we got him out of
the drops business.
- 538. He's talking about the Maroni case.
- 539. But if this guy knows,
it's gonna come out.
- 540. And when it does,
this whole city's gonna come apart.
- 541. Okay, I don't wanna hear this.
- 542. This is the kind of pillow talk
that got that Russian girl disappeared.
- 543. What do you know about that?
- 544. Does anybody want a drink?
- 545. I want a drink.
- 546. Keep him talking.
- 547. Wait, where are you going?
- 548. She knows Annika.
- 549. No, stay on the DA.
- 550. I told you I'm looking for my friend.
- 551. - Where's Annika?
- Out of my face. I don't know you.
- 552. Yeah, but you know her. Who took her?
- 553. - What have you heard? Is she okay?
- Jesus Christ, keep your voice down.
- 554. What, you got a death wish?
- 555. Hey, what's the problem, ladies?
- 556. There's no problem. It's just girl talk.
- 557. Let's keep it festive down here,
- 558. Sure thing, Oz.
- 559. Hey.
- 560. Hey.
- 561. Been a long time
since I seen you down here.
- 562. How you been?
- 563. Yeah, I've been okay.
- 564. I was just...
- 565. I was just headed back upstairs.
- 566. Well...
- 567. don't be a stranger.
- 568. - You know Carmine Falcone.
- I told you it's a mob spot.
- 569. You didn't tell me
you had a relationship with him.
- 570. I don't have
a relationship with him, okay?
- 571. - Well, that's not what it looked like.
- Forget it.
- 572. Wait, what are you doing?
- 573. - Listen, I can't do this anymore.
- No! No!
- 574. Taxi!
- 575. Hey!
- 576. I lost you in there.
- 577. Yeah, I gotta go.
- 578. Oh, you need a ride?
- 579. That's me right there.
- 580. Taxi!
- 581. I'm good.
- 582. I hope, uh...
- 583. I'll see you around.
- 584. Just hold still.
- 585. What do you know about
- 586. a confidential informant
in the Maroni case?
- 587. Yeah, sure, there was.
- 588. That's the rat we're looking for.
- 589. Somehow Riddler knows who he is.
- 590. If we find the rat,
maybe it'll lead us to him.
- 591. Where are you getting this?
- 592. I have a source
who spoke to the DA tonight.
- 593. Gil's very nervous.
- 594. I think the killer's targeting
people close to that case.
- 595. I worked that case.
- 596. Riddler's not after you.
- 597. How do you know?
- 598. You're not corrupt.
- 599. Colson's dirty?
- 600. Maybe I, uh...
- 601. I go after him.
Lean on him to give up the rat.
- 602. It's too dangerous.
They made a secret deal with this guy.
- 603. Who knows how many people it touches.
- 604. Politicians. Police. The courts.
- 605. It could tear the whole city apart.
- 606. Jesus, this is a powder keg.
- 607. And Riddler's the match.
- 608. You know Carmine Falcone.
- 609. I told you it's a mob spot.
- 610. You didn't tell me you had
a relationship with him.
- 611. I don't have a relationship...
- 612. You didn't tell me you had
a relationship with him.
- 613. I don't have
a relationship with him. Okay?
- 614. You know Carmine Falcone.
- 615. I told you it's a mob spot.
- 616. You didn't tell me
you had a relationship with him.
- 617. I don't have
a relationship with him. Okay?
- 618. She a new friend of yours?
- 619. I'm not so sure.
- 620. Looks like you upset her.
- 621. Shall I take this as a good sign?
- 622. What?
- 623. Your attire.
- 624. Is Bruce Wayne making
an actual appearance?
- 625. There's a public memorial
for Mayor Mitchell.
- 626. Serial killers like to
follow reactions to their crimes.
- 627. Riddler might not be able to resist.
- 628. Oh, that reminds me.
- 629. I've taken the liberty of doing
a little work on this latest cipher.
- 630. The one from the rat maze.
- 631. I'm afraid his Spanish is not perfect,
- 632. but I'm fairly certain
this translates to,
- 633. "You are El Rata A lad a."
- 634. Rata A lad a?
- 635. "Rat with wings"?
- 636. It's slang for "pigeon."
Does that mean anything to you?
- 637. Yeah.
- 638. A stool pigeon.
- 639. Where are your cufflinks?
- 640. I couldn't find them.
- 641. Well, you can't go out like that.
- 642. Alfred, I don't want your cufflinks.
- 643. You have to keep up appearances.
You're still a Wayne.
- 644. And what about you? Are you a Wayne?
- 645. Your father gave them to me.
- 646. No more lies! No more lies!
- 647. Mr. Wayne. All right. All right,
you're going straight down there.
- 648. Is that Bruce Wayne?
- 649. Mr. Wayne!
Mr. Wayne! Mr. Wayne!
- 650. Hold it.
- 651. You good, fellas?
- 652. Good.
- 653. We're good, Mr. Falcone.
- 654. Sir?
- 655. Hey!
- 656. Give us a wide berth here,
would you, slick?
- 657. Hey, watch it, fellas.
- 658. You got the prince of the city there.
- 659. Some event, huh?
- 660. Brought out the one guy in the city
more reclusive than me.
- 661. Thought you'd never leave the Shoreline.
- 662. Aren't you afraid
someone'll take a shot at you?
- 663. Why? 'Cause your father ain't around?
- 664. Oz, you know Bruce Wayne?
- 665. Wow. Is that right?
- 666. His father saved my life.
- 667. I got shot in the chest. Right here.
- 668. I couldn't go to no hospital,
so we showed up on his doorstep.
- 669. Operated right on the dining room table.
- 670. Kid here, he saw the whole thing,
up on the stairs looking down.
- 671. I remember your face.
- 672. You don't think that meant something,
he did that?
- 673. It meant he took the Hippocratic oath.
- 674. "Hippocratic oath."
- 675. That's good.
- 676. Excuse me.
- 677. Yes.
- 678. Ladies and gentlemen,
- 679. thank you all for
coming to today's memorial
- 680. for our beloved mayor, Don Mitchell, Jr.
- 681. Our program will begin shortly.
- 682. As a reminder, the family asked that
- 683. those wishing to honor
the mayor's memory
- 684. consider a donation to
- 685. the cause most dear to his heart...
- 686. the Gotham Renewal Fund,
- 687. our city's safety net.
- 688. What good's a safety net
doesn't catch anybody?
- 689. Didn't help my daughter
when she needed it, I can tell you that.
- 690. The guy was just another
- 691. He got what he deserved.
- 692. Know what I mean?
- 693. Hey, don't I know you?
- 694. Bruce Wayne.
- 695. Why haven't you called me back?
- 696. I'm sorry?
- 697. I'm Bella Real. I'm running for mayor.
- 698. I wouldn't be bothering you here,
- 699. but your people keep telling me
- 700. Will you walk with me?
- 701. Mr. Wayne.
- 702. Mr. Wayne.
- 703. You know, you really could be
doing more for this city.
- 704. Your family has
a history of philanthropy,
- 705. but as far as I can tell,
you're not doing anything.
- 706. If I'm elected, I want to change that.
- 707. Thank you.
- 708. My God.
- 709. I'm gonna go pay my respects.
Will you wait for me?
- 710. I want to continue this.
- 711. Excuse me.
- 712. I'm so sorry for your loss.
- 713. Thank you.
- 714. Excuse me, chief.
Can I talk to you?
- 715. Gil Colson is missing.
- 716. What?
- 717. He hasn't been heard from
since last night.
- 718. Christ, not again.
- 719. Hey. Mr. Wayne.
- 720. You got people looking for him, Jim?
- 721. Sent a couple guys
to his house. Nothing.
- 722. What'd his wife say?
- 723. She hadn't heard from him.
- 724. Get out of the car!
- 725. Get out of the car and show your hands!
- 726. Get out!
- 727. Get 'em up!
- 728. Get out! Show 'em!
- 729. Christ, it's Colson.
- 730. There's a bomb around his neck!
- 731. Let's clear this place out now!
- 732. We've got to get this place cleared out!
- 733. Hey, guys, guys. Here we go.
- 734. We don't know if he's in on it.
- 735. What's he looking at?
- 736. Holy shit.
- 737. Are you kidding me?
- 738. What the hell is he doing? Gordon!
- 739. Your guy's gonna
get himself killed in there.
- 740. Please.
- 741. He made me do it.
I'm so sorry.
- 742. He told me if I didn't do exactly
what he said, he'd kill me.
- 743. I'm so sorry.
- 744. Looks like a combination lock.
- 745. Can't we just cut it off?
- 746. Not if you want to keep your head.
- 747. You came.
- 748. Who are you?
- 749. Me?
- 750. I'm nobody.
- 751. I'm just an instrument,
- 752. here to unmask the truth
about this cesspool we call a city.
- 753. "Unmask"?
- 754. Yes.
- 755. Let's do it together, okay?
- 756. I've been trying to reach you.
- 757. You're part of this too.
- 758. How am I a part of this?
- 759. You'll see.
- 760. Hey, Chief.
You better take a look at this.
- 761. Say hello to my followers.
- 762. We're live.
- 763. They're here to watch our little trial.
- 764. Al the moment,
- 765. the man across from you, Mr. Colson,
- 766. is dead.
- 767. Jesus, can we get somebody out here?
This psycho's gonna kill me!
- 768. But wait a minute...
- 769. Shut up! You deserve
to be dead after what you did!
- 770. You hear me?
- 771. Okay.
- 772. I'm giving you a chance.
- 773. No one ever gave me a chance.
- 774. Now,
- 775. ever since I was a child,
- 776. I've always loved little puzzles.
- 777. For me, they are a retreat
- 778. from the horrors of our world.
- 779. Maybe they can bring
some comfort to you too, Mr. Colson.
- 780. You want me to do puzzles?
- 781. Three riddles in two minutes.
- 782. You give me the answers,
and I'll give you the code for the lock.
- 783. - Do you understand?
- 784. Okay, okay. So I just...
- 785. You want me to...
- 786. Riddle number one...
- 787. "It can be cruel, poetic, or blind,
- 788. but when it's denied,
it's violence you may find."
- 789. Wait, wait, wait! Can you repeat that?
- 790. "Cruel"? "Poetic"?
- 791. - "Justice."
- 792. The answer's "justice."
- 793. - Justice?
- 794. - Oh, God.
- 795. And you were supposed
to be an arm of justice in this city,
- 796. along with the late mayor
and police commissioner,
- 797. were you not, Mr. Colson?
- 798. Of course, of course. Of course.
- 799. Riddle number two.
- 800. "If you are justice, please do not lie.
- 801. What is the price for your blind eye?"
- 802. - "The price"?
- 803. Oh, God. "Bribes"?
- 804. He's asking you how much it cost
for you to turn your back.
- 805. Fifty-eight seconds!
- 806. - How much?
- 807. - How much?
- Ten grand. Ten Gs a month.
- 808. I get a monthly payment
just not to prosecute certain cases.
- 809. What cases?
- 810. He didn't ask me that!
- 811. Come on! Ten grand.
- 812. - That's my answer. It's ten grand!
- Okay. Okay. Okay.
- 813. Don't lose your head, Mr. Colson.
- 814. Just one more to go
before your time runs out.
- 815. Last riddle.
- 816. "Since your justice is so select,
- 817. please tell us which vermin
you're paid to protect."
- 818. - "Which vermin"?
- The rat.
- 819. The informant you all protect
from the Salvatore Maroni case.
- 820. - How do you know about that?
- What's his name?
- 821. Twenty seconds.
- 822. - No.
- He's gonna kill you.
- 823. I'm a dead man either way.
You're talking to a dead man, okay?
- 824. If I go out this way, it's just me.
- 825. But if I give over that name,
I have family, people I love.
- 826. - He'll kill them too.
- Who will?
- 827. - People are watching.
- What people?
- 828. It's so much bigger
than you could ever imagine.
- 829. - It's the whole system!
- 830. Four!
- 831. - Oh, God, have mercy on me...
- 832. Goodbye!
- 833. Who do you think he is under there?
- 834. Take it easy.
- 835. I want to see.
- 836. What is that thing? Leather?
- 837. What's he got on his eyes?
- 838. Who cares?
I want to see his face.
- 839. What are we doing here?
Let's just take it off...
- 840. Hey! Hey! Hey!
- 841. Relax, God damn it!
- 842. You're protecting this guy, Jim?
- 843. He interfered in
an active hostage situation.
- 844. Colson's blood is on his hands.
- 845. Maybe it's on yours.
- 846. What'd you say?
- 847. He would rather die than talk.
- 848. What was he afraid of?
- 849. You?
- 850. You son of a bitch.
- 851. You have any idea
what kind of trouble you're in?
- 852. You could be an accessory to murder.
- 853. Why are we playing games...
- 854. Get him! Come on!
- 855. Back off! Back off!
- 856. Great, now I got you
on assaulting an officer!
- 857. - You got me on assaulting three.
- 858. What's the matter with you?
This isn't the way to do this!
- 859. You too now?
- 860. Let me handle this, Chief.
Just give me a minute.
- 861. You're gonna put yourself on the line
for this scumbag, Jim?
- 862. Just give me a minute.
I'll get him to cooperate.
- 863. Okay, give him the room.
- 864. Two minutes.
- 865. You listen to me.
- 866. We gotta get you out of here.
- 867. That would put a lot of heat on you.
- 868. Well, you punched me in the face.
- 869. Take this key.
- 870. Through that door. Hallway to the stairs
that go to the roof.
- 871. Hey, what the hell
is going on here?
- 872. Hey, hey, hey, what's going on?
- 873. Who's the mustache with the broken nose?
- 874. That's Kenzie. Narcotics.
- 875. He's one of the guys I got into it with
at the Iceberg Lounge.
- 876. What are you saying?
Kenzie moonlights for the Penguin?
- 877. Or he moonlights as a cop.
- 878. Jesus Christ!
- 879. Somebody stop him!
- 880. There he is!
- 881. Could have at least
pulled that punch, man.
- 882. I did.
- 883. Bock put out an APB on you.
You really think he's in on this?
- 884. I don't trust any of 'em. Do you?
- 885. I only trust you.
- 886. What's a narcotics cop doing
with Falcone's right-hand man?
- 887. Colson said, "Cops protect the rat."
Maybe Kenzie's part of it.
- 888. You think Penguin's the rat?
- 889. His club caters to the mob.
Maroni practically lived there.
- 890. Penguin would have been
privy to a lot of dirt.
- 891. DA was a regular too.
- 892. Maybe Penguin got himself into a jam
and working a deal was his only way out.
- 893. The Rata A lad a.
- 894. The what?
- 895. Riddler's latest.
- 896. The cipher in the maze.
- 897. It means "a rat with wings."
Like a stool pigeon.
- 898. A penguin's got wings too.
- 899. Time for me
to have another conversation with him.
- 900. What about the Riddler?
He's gonna kill again.
- 901. It's all connected.
Like it or not, it's his game now.
- 902. You want to find Riddler,
we gotta find that rat.
- 903. Kenzie and the twins, coming your way.
- 904. There's Penguin.
- 905. I wonder what's in the bags.
- 906. You want to move in?
- 907. Let's follow.
- 908. They stopped at Waterfront Street.
The recycling plant.
- 909. I'm here.
- 910. How you doing?
Yeah, good. How are you?
- 911. Good, good.
Let's get in out of this deluge.
- 912. It's a drug lab. Drops.
- 913. This is a buy.
- 914. Looks like they got Maroni's operation
up and running again.
- 915. Or they never shut it down at all.
- 916. What are you saying?
- 917. The biggest drug bust in GCPD history
was a fraud?
- 918. This just got complicated.
- 919. What do you mean?
- 920. Hey! What happened?
- 921. You all right?
- 922. Dangerous crowd you're stealing from.
- 923. Jesus.
- 924. Is this how you get your kicks, hon?
- 925. Sneaking up on girls in the dark?
- 926. Is that why you work in the club?
- 927. It was all just a score?
- 928. I would love to sit and go over
every gory detail with you, bat boy...
- 929. but, uh, those assholes are coming back.
- 930. Jesus!
- 931. Hey, Vengeance!
- 932. You think you can
come after my money, huh?
- 933. Kenzie! Get the money!
- 934. Hey! What the...
- 935. Whoa!
- 936. Come on! Come on!
- 937. This guy's crazy!
- 938. Come on! Hey!
- 939. Move!
- 940. Get out of the way!
- 941. Come on!
- 942. Get out of the way!
- 943. I got you!
- 944. I got you!
- 945. Take that, you friggin' psycho!
- 946. I got you!
- 947. What the hell is this?
Good cop, bat shit cop?
- 948. - Who's the Riddler?
- Riddler? How should I know?
- 949. Let's make it easy for you, Oz.
- 950. Cops caught you doing something.
- 951. They were gonna shut you down,
put you away.
- 952. So you gave up a bigger fish
to save your ass.
- 953. You ratted out Salvatore Maroni.
- 954. His drops operation.
- 955. But the cops, the city officials,
the mayor, the DA,
- 956. they got greedy, right?
Wasn't enough, a big career-making bust.
- 957. They wanted to take over
the drops business too,
- 958. but they needed a minor league mope
like you to run it.
- 959. You don't just work for Carmine Falcone.
You work for them too.
- 960. What are you, crazy?
- 961. That why you killed the girl?
- 962. I didn't kill no girl!
- 963. We know she worked for you
at the 44 Below.
- 964. But she got too close, right?
- 965. Found out from Mitchell that you were
the rat, so you killed her.
- 966. But somehow Riddler found out too.
- 967. He knows so much about you.
- 968. - You must know about him.
- Who is he?
- 969. Boy, you guys are a hell of a duet here.
- 970. Why don't you start harmonizing?
- 971. There's only one problem
with your little scenario, okay?
- 972. I ain't no rat!
- 973. You got any idea what Carmine Falcone
would do to me
- 974. if he heard this kind of talk?
- 975. Oh, you don't wanna
talk about rats, huh?
- 976. Maybe we can talk about
what they did to my partner's face.
- 977. Holy God, what are you showing me here?
- 978. - This was around his head!
- Come on!
- 979. Open your eyes!
- 980. Are you El Rata A lad a?
- 981. El Rata A lad a?
- 982. Yeah, a "rat with wings."
A stool pigeon.
- 983. That's not you?
The symbols in the maze, right here.
- 984. It says you are El Rata A lad a.
- 985. "You are El Rata"? It says that?
- 986. Why, you got something to tell us?
- 987. Yeah!
- 988. It's, like, the worst Spanish
I ever heard.
- 989. What?
- 990. Itls "La. N
- 991. "La" rata.
- 992. What, is this Riddler stupid
- 993. Jesus! Look at you two.
- 994. World's greatest detectives!
- 995. Am I the only here knows the difference
between "ell" and"la"?
- 996. Jesus!
- 997. No habla espariol, fellas?
- 998. Do me a favor, shithead, shut up!
- 999. You think he made a mistake?
- 1000. He doesn't make mistakes.
- 1001. A rat with wings?
- 1002. You know what that sounds like to me?
- 1003. A friggin' bat! Huh?
You ever think of that?
- 1004. "You are El Rata."
- 1005. "You are el."
- 1006. Maybe it was a mistake.
- 1007. Maybe he isn't as smart as—
- 1008. Wait.
- 1009. Is that him?
- 1010. Holy shit.
- 1011. What the hell does that mean?
Is he or isn't he?
- 1012. "I grew up from a seed, tough as a weed.
- 1013. But in a mansion, in a slum,
- 1014. I'll never know where I come from.
- 1015. Do you know what I am?"
- 1016. Any idea?
- 1017. Yeah.
- 1018. It's an orphan.
- 1019. A mansion in a slum.
- 1020. - He's talking about the old orphanage.
- The one that burned down?
- 1021. It was part of the Wayne estate.
- 1022. They donated it
after they built the tower.
- 1023. Let's go.
- 1024. You guys realize I'm still here, right?
- 1025. You gonna untie me?
- 1026. How the hell
am I supposed to get out of here?
- 1027. Hey!
- 1028. You goddamn sons of bitches!
- 1029. No guns.
- 1030. Yeah, man. That's your thing.
- 1031. What's that?
- 1032. Hey! Hey!
- 1033. Drop heads.
- 1034. What the hell is that?
- 1035. Thank you. Thank you so much.
- 1036. Wasn't that beautiful?
- 1037. Thank you all. Thank you, uh...
- 1038. Thank you for coming today.
- 1039. I believe in Gotham.
- 1040. I believe in its promise.
- 1041. But too many have been left behind
for too long,
- 1042. and that's why I'm here today.
- 1043. To announce,
not only my candidacy for mayor,
- 1044. but also the creation
of the Gotham Renewal Fund.
- 1045. Win or lose,
- 1046. the Wayne Foundation pledges
a $1 billion donation
- 1047. lo start a charitable endowment
for public works.
- 1048. I want to bypass political gridlock,
and get money to people and projects
- 1049. who need it now,
- 1050. like these children behind me.
- 1051. "Sins of the father."
- 1052. Renewal is about growth.
It is about planting seeds...
- 1053. and renewing Gotham's promise.
- 1054. Shall be visited upon the son.
- 1055. Jesus. His next victim is Bruce Wayne.
- 1056. Hey!
- 1057. - Hello?
- Dory! I need to speak to Alfred!
- 1058. - Oh, Mr. Wayne...
- Listen to me!
- 1059. Something terrible is gonna happen!
- 1060. I'm afraid it already has, sir.
- 1061. About an hour ago.
- 1062. I'm so sorry.
- 1063. I've been trying to reach you.
- 1064. The package was intended for you.
- 1065. It was a C-4 explosive sent in a mailer.
We found this too.
- 1066. We've sedated him.
- 1067. We just have to hope he stabilizes.
- 1068. You should go home, Mr. Wayne.
Get some sleep.
- 1069. Is there anyone else to notify?
- 1070. Next of kin?
- 1071. No.
- 1072. It's just me.
- 1073. Selina?
- 1074. Can you see me?
- 1075. - Yeah, I can see you.
- I need to talk to you.
- 1076. Where can we go?
- 1077. Cat burglar pulling another score?
- 1078. - What?
- Wasn't sure I'd see you again.
- 1079. Yeah, well, things were getting
a little hot for me, so...
- 1080. How could they do that to her?
- 1081. That piece of shit cop, Kenzie.
- 1082. Her body was in his car.
- 1083. I'm gonna find him and I'm gonna
make him pay. You gonna help me?
- 1084. - Help you?
- Yeah. I thought you were "Vengeance."
- 1085. Your friend got involved
with the wrong people.
- 1086. She didn't know any better.
- 1087. Maybe you should have
explained it to her.
- 1088. What the hell is that supposed to mean?
- 1089. It means your choices have consequences.
- 1090. Jesus Christ. "Choices"?
- 1091. You know, whoever the hell you are,
you obviously grew up rich.
- 1092. - Was it worth it?
- 1093. Compromising yourself for money?
- 1094. What did you have to do
to set up that score?
- 1095. How close did you have to get
to Penguin? To Falcone?
- 1096. You don't know
what the hell you're talking about.
- 1097. Falcone owes me that money.
- 1098. - He owes you?
- Yeah, and a lot more.
- 1099. Oh, really? Why's that?
- 1100. You know what? I can't even talk to you.
- 1101. No! I want to know
why a guy like Falcone
- 1102. would owe you anything.
- 1103. Because he's my father!
- 1104. My mother worked at the 44 Below.
- 1105. Just like Anni.
- 1106. She used to take me there
when I was a little girl.
- 1107. To the club?
- 1108. Yeah.
- 1109. I hid out in the dressing room
while she worked.
- 1110. Used to see him there.
- 1111. He scared the shit out of me.
- 1112. And I could never understand
why he looked at me the way he did.
- 1113. Then one night,
my mother told me who he was.
- 1114. When I was seven,
my mother was murdered.
- 1115. Strangled.
- 1116. Never found out who.
Probably some creep from the club.
- 1117. Anyway, social services
came to take me away,
- 1118. and he didn't say a thing.
- 1119. Couldn't even look at me.
- 1120. He owes me that money.
- 1121. I'm sorry.
- 1122. For what I said.
- 1123. Oh, it's all right.
- 1124. You assume the worst in people.
- 1125. Which, well...
- 1126. maybe we're not so different after all.
- 1127. Who are you under there?
- 1128. What are you hiding?
- 1129. Are you just...
- 1130. hideously scarred?
- 1131. Yeah.
- 1132. Listen to me.
- 1133. If we don't stand up for Annika,
no one will.
- 1134. All anyone cares about in this place
are these white, privileged assholes.
- 1135. The mayor, the commissioner, the DA.
- 1136. Now Thomas and Bruce Wayne.
- 1137. I mean, as far as I'm concerned,
- 1138. that psycho's right
to go after these creeps.
- 1139. I think you'd be on his side.
- 1140. What do you mean,
"Thomas and Bruce Wayne"?
- 1141. What, do you live in a cave?
- 1142. The Riddler's latest.
It's all about the Waynes.
- 1143. Listen, if I can find
that dick bag Kenzie,
- 1144. will you help me?
- 1145. Please.
- 1146. Come on, Vengeance.
- 1147. Just don't make any moves without me,
- 1148. It's a little more dangerous
than you know...
- 1149. I told you, baby.
- 1150. I can take care of myself.
- 1151. I'm Thomas Wayne,
and I approve this message.
- 1152. From a very young age, my family,
Martha's family, the Arkhams...
- 1153. instilled in both of us
- 1154. that giving back
is not just an obligation,
- 1155. it's a passion.
- 1156. That is our family's legacy.
- 1157. The Waynes and the Arkhams.
- 1158. Gotham's founding families.
- 1159. But what is their real legacy?
- 1160. Twenty years ago, one reporter set out
to uncover the dark truth.
- 1161. He found shocking family secrets.
- 1162. How, when Martha was just a child,
- 1163. her mother brutally murdered her father,
- 1164. then committed suicide...
- 1165. and how the Arkhams used their power
and money to cover it up.
- 1166. How Martha herself was
in and out of institutions for years
- 1167. and they didn't want anyone to know.
- 1168. Thomas Wayne tried
to force this crusading reporter
- 1169. into a hush-money agreement
to save his mayoral campaign.
- 1170. But when the reporter refused...
- 1171. Wayne turned to longtime
secret associate Carmine Falcone
- 1172. and had him murdered!
- 1173. The Waynes and the Arkhams,
- 1174. Gotham's legacy of lies and murder.
- 1175. I hope you're listening, Bruce Wayne.
- 1176. This is your legacy too.
- 1177. And Gotham needs you to answer
- 1178. for the sins of your father.
- 1179. Goodbye.
- 1180. Do you know who I am?
- 1181. You're Bruce Wayne.
- 1182. I wanna see Carmine Falcone.
- 1183. See?
- 1184. Who is this guy
who invented the ball, right?
- 1185. Must have made a fortune.
- 1186. If you think about it,
the concept of it, right?
- 1187. Briscoe, do you know
how much this sweater cost?
- 1188. No, boss.
- 1189. $1,183.
- 1190. You know why communism failed, right?
- 1191. No, boss.
- 1192. Austerity.
- 1193. All right. All right.
- 1194. Look at that. Perfect.
- 1195. It's never gonna be that good again.
- 1196. Hey, Johnny Slick.
- 1197. What are you doing here?
- 1198. Give us a moment here, fellas.
- 1199. Come on.
- 1200. See ya, champ.
- 1201. Come on, sweetheart.
- 1202. Have a seat.
- 1203. I thought I might hear from you.
- 1204. This, uh,
Riddler son of a bitch is really...
- 1205. stirring things up, huh?
- 1206. - Is it true?
- 1207. That reporter business?
- 1208. What do you want to know here, kid?
- 1209. Did you kill him? For my father?
- 1210. Look, your father was in trouble.
- 1211. This reporter had some dirt.
- 1212. Some very...
- 1213. personal stuff about your mother,
her family history.
- 1214. Everybody's got their dirty laundry,
that's just how it is.
- 1215. But he didn't want
none of it coming out,
- 1216. not right before the election.
- 1217. And your father tried
to pay the guy off,
- 1218. but he wasn't going for it.
- 1219. So, he came to me.
- 1220. Well, I never seen him like that.
- 1221. He said, "Carmine,
- 1222. I want you to put the fear of God
in this guy."
- 1223. And when fear isn't enough...
- 1224. Oof. Hmm.
- 1225. Your father wanted me to handle it,
so I did.
- 1226. I handled it.
- 1227. I know.
- 1228. You thought your father was a Boy Scout.
- 1229. But you'd be surprised
- 1230. what even a good man like him
- 1231. is capable of in the right situation.
- 1232. Do me a favor.
- 1233. Don't lose any sleep over it.
- 1234. This reporter
- 1235. was a lowlife.
- 1236. He was on Maroni's payroll.
- 1237. - Maroni?
- Oh, yeah.
- 1238. He could never stand
your father and I had history.
- 1239. And after what happened
with that reporter, Maroni was worried
- 1240. that your father would be in my pocket,
- 1241. forever.
- 1242. He would have done anything
- 1243. to keep him from becoming mayor.
- 1244. You understand?
- 1245. Are you saying Salvatore Maroni
got my father killed?
- 1246. Do I know it for a fact?
- 1247. I'm just saying,
it sure looked that way to me.
- 1248. This is what you wanted, huh?
- 1249. This little conversation here?
- 1250. It's been a long time coming, huh?
- 1251. I mean, you ain't a kid no more.
- 1252. You lied to me...
- 1253. my whole life.
- 1254. I spoke to Carmine Falcone.
- 1255. He told me what he did for my father.
- 1256. About Salvatore Maroni.
- 1257. He told you Salvatore Maroni...
- 1258. Had my father killed.
- 1259. Why didn't you tell me all this?
- 1260. All these years
I've spent fighting for him,
- 1261. believing that he was a good man.
- 1262. He was a good man.
- 1263. You listen to me.
- 1264. Your father was a good man.
- 1265. - He made a mistake.
- A "mistake."
- 1266. He had a man killed.
- 1267. Why?
- 1268. To protect his family image?
- 1269. His political aspirations?
- 1270. It wasn't to protect the family image,
and he didn't have anyone killed.
- 1271. He was protecting your mother.
- 1272. He didn't care about his image
or the campaign, any of that.
- 1273. He cared about her,
- 1274. and you,
- 1275. and in a moment of weakness,
he turned to Falcone.
- 1276. But he never thought Falcone
would kill that man.
- 1277. Your father should have known
that Falcone would do anything
- 1278. to finally have something on him
that he could use.
- 1279. That's who Falcone is.
- 1280. And that was your father's mistake.
- 1281. But when Falcone
told him what he'd done,
- 1282. your father was distraught.
- 1283. He told Falcone
he was going to the police,
- 1284. that he would confess everything.
- 1285. And that night,
- 1286. your father and your mother were Killed.
- 1287. It was Falcone?
- 1288. Oh, I wish I knew for sure.
- 1289. Or maybe it was some random thug
on the street
- 1290. who needed money, got scared,
and pulled the trigger too fast.
- 1291. If you don't think I've spent every day
searching for that answer...
- 1292. It was my job to protect them.
Do you understand?
- 1293. I know you always blamed yourself.
- 1294. You were only a boy, Bruce.
- 1295. I could see the fear in your eyes,
- 1296. but I didn't know how to help.
- 1297. I could teach you how to fight,
- 1298. but I wasn't equipped
to take care of you.
- 1299. You needed a father.
- 1300. And all you had was me.
- 1301. I'm sorry.
- 1302. Don't be sorry, Alfred.
- 1303. God.
- 1304. I never thought
I'd feel fear like that again.
- 1305. I thought I'd mastered all that.
- 1306. I mean,
- 1307. I'm not afraid to die.
- 1308. I realize now there's something
- 1309. I haven't got past.
- 1310. This fear...
- 1311. of ever going through any of that again.
- 1312. Of losing somebody I care about.
- 1313. Hey.
- 1314. I saw the signal. That's not you?
- 1315. I thought it was you.
- 1316. - I found him!
- I see that.
- 1317. He had my shit and my phone.
- 1318. She left a message
the night they took her.
- 1319. She called me...
- 1320. Gordon! Help me out, man!
- 1321. She got my gun!
- 1322. - Shut up!
- Put the gun down.
- 1323. I'm telling you, God damn it!
She called me!
- 1324. Here. Listen.
- 1325. Hey! Get back here!
- 1326. Where you going? Come back here!
- 1327. Hey, hey,
what are you doing, Kenzie?
- 1328. You're scaring her.
- 1329. I'm sorry, Mr. Falcone.
- 1330. Please, please, please.
- 1331. Please, don't hurt me, please.
- 1332. Hey, don't be scared. Come here.
- 1333. Now let me ask you again.
- 1334. - What did Mitchell tell you?
- No, nothing. He...
- 1335. Don liked to talk.
I know that.
- 1336. Especially to pretty girls like you.
- 1337. That's why I made him
take your passport...
- 1338. until we could have
this little conversation.
- 1339. All I want to do
is get out of here, okay?
- 1340. You'll never hear from me again,
nobody will. Please, please...
- 1341. We're gonna get you
out of here, I promise.
- 1342. But first, I gotta know...
- 1343. What did he tell you?
- 1344. He just said
they all made a deal with you.
- 1345. Oh. Hmm.
- 1346. He told you about that, huh?
- 1347. The deal.
- 1348. He said you gave some
information on some drops thing
- 1349. and that's how he became mayor.
- 1350. He said you were a very important man.
- 1351. Right.
- 1352. Mm-hmm.
- 1353. Hmm. Okay.
- 1354. Jesus, he's strangling her.
- 1355. Take it easy.
- 1356. Rata A lad a.
- 1357. A falcon has wings too.
- 1358. Falcone is the rat?
- 1359. Falcone works for you guys?
- 1360. The mayor? The DA?
- 1361. No.
- 1362. We work for him.
- 1363. Everybody does.
- 1364. How?
- 1365. Through Renewal.
- 1366. Renewal is everything.
- 1367. - The Renewal Fund?
- 1368. After Thomas Wayne died,
they all went after it like vultures.
- 1369. The mayor, Falcone, Maroni.
Everyone got in on it.
- 1370. It was perfect for making bribes,
- 1371. A huge charitable fund
with no oversight.
- 1372. Everybody got a piece.
- 1373. But Falcone wanted more.
- 1374. So he orchestrated a play
to take Maroni down big.
- 1375. He'd rat out his drops operation,
- 1376. make the careers of everybody
that went after him,
- 1377. then install them all as his puppets.
- 1378. You think this goddamn election matters?
- 1379. Falcone's the mayor.
- 1380. He's been the mayor
for the last 20 years.
- 1381. Come on, Vengeance.
- 1382. Let's go kill that son of a bitch.
- 1383. - This creep too. Let's finish this.
- Oh, God!
- 1384. No!
- 1385. We'll get him.
- 1386. - But not that way.
- There is no other way!
- 1387. He owns the city!
- 1388. Cross that line...
- 1389. you'll become just like him.
- 1390. Listen to me.
- 1391. Don't throw your life away.
- 1392. Don't worry, honey.
- 1393. I got nine of 'em.
- 1394. No, don't! Hey, hey!
- 1395. She won't get out of there alive.
- 1396. And if she kills Falcone,
we may never find the Riddler.
- 1397. I have to stop her.
- 1398. Don't you mean "we"?
- 1399. I gotta do this my way.
- 1400. And then what?
- 1401. We do what Riddler said.
- 1402. Bring the rat into the light.
- 1403. Can you tell Mr. Falcone
I'd like to come up?
- 1404. He ain't seein' nobody tonight.
- 1405. Tell him it's about Annika.
- 1406. Hey!
- 1407. Look who it is, huh?
- 1408. - Sorry to bother you.
- Nah. It's fine, beautiful.
- 1409. I was just hoping
I could talk to you for a minute?
- 1410. Absolutely.
- 1411. Alone?
- 1412. Hey!
- 1413. I'm just so worried.
- 1414. I don't know where she is.
- 1415. And I know
that you're a very important man.
- 1416. I was hoping that maybe
you could help me find her...
- 1417. because she's been gone so long,
I'm beginning to...
- 1418. I'm sorry.
- 1419. It's okay.
- 1420. - I'm so sorry.
- I understand. Here.
- 1421. No, that's okay, I have a tissue.
- 1422. Mr. Falcone?
- 1423. Vinnie! Didn't I tell you?
- 1424. I'm sorry, Mr. Falcone. I really think
you're gonna want to see this.
- 1425. I'm sorry, beautiful.
- 1426. I'll be right back.
- 1427. Holy shit.
- 1428. That recording, provided to GC-1
- 1429. by Lieutenant James Gordon
of the Gotham PD.
- 1430. And we should warn you,
the contents are extremely graphic
- 1431. and some of you may find it disturbing.
- 1432. He just said
they all made a deal with you.
- 1433. Oh. Hmm.
- 1434. He told you about that, huh?
- 1435. The deal.
- 1436. He said you gave some
information on some drops thing
- 1437. and that's how he became mayor.
- 1438. He said you were a very important man.
- 1439. Right.
- 1440. Hmm.
- 1441. Okay.
- 1442. Revelations of
Mr. Falcone's secret role
- 1443. as a mafia informant...
- 1444. Hey, Dad.
- 1445. What?
- 1446. I'm Maria Kyle's kid.
- 1447. You remember her?
- 1448. Yeah.
- 1449. Just put down the gun, honey.
- 1450. This is for my mother.
- 1451. I see him!
- 1452. You don't think this hurts me?
- 1453. My own flesh and blood, huh?
- 1454. You made me do this.
- 1455. Just like your mother.
- 1456. He has to pay!
- 1457. You don't have to pay with him.
- 1458. You paid enough.
- 1459. Jesus.
- 1460. Look at you, man.
What do you think this is?
- 1461. You think you're gonna scare me
with that mask and that cape?
- 1462. I'm gonna start crying,
- 1463. and all of a sudden,
some big secret's comin' out?
- 1464. Let me tell you something.
- 1465. Whatever I know,
- 1466. whatever I've done,
- 1467. it's all going with me to my grave.
- 1468. What, are you with Zorro over here?
- 1469. Don't you know you boys in blue
work for me?
- 1470. I guess we don't all work for you.
- 1471. You have the right to remain silent.
- 1472. Anything you say can and will
be used against you in a court of law.
- 1473. You have the right to an attorney.
- 1474. If you cannot afford one,
- 1475. the City of Gotham
will provide one to you.
- 1476. Do you understand these rights?
- 1477. Do you understand?
- 1478. Yeah.
- 1479. I'll see you when I walk out.
- 1480. With these rights in mind,
- 1481. is there anything else
you wish to tell...
- 1482. Goddamn rat.
- 1483. What'd you say?
- 1484. Enjoy your night at Black gate, Carmine.
- 1485. Probably be your last.
- 1486. Oh-ho. So you're a big man now, Oz?
- 1487. Maybe I am.
- 1488. Really, Oz?
- 1489. Because to me, you were always
just a gimp in an empty suit.
- 1490. I'll spray paint your ass!
- 1491. What are you doing? It wasn't me!
- 1492. I didn't shoot! I didn't shoot!
- 1493. Get your hands off of me!
- 1494. "Bring him into the light.
- 1495. And you'll find where I'm at."
- 1496. There!
- 1497. The shots came from up there!
- 1498. It's Riddler.
- 1499. Gage, on me.
- 1500. Martinez, around back.
Nobody gets in there, nobody gets out!
- 1501. He's gone.
- 1502. He's been here this whole time.
- 1503. - Lieutenant. Martinez.
- 1504. Lieutenant, we got a witness here,
- 1505. says she saw someone coming down
the fire escape right after the shot.
- 1506. She said he went into the corner diner.
- 1507. The guy's sitting by himself
at the counter, right now.
- 1508. Police! Hands up!
- 1509. He said put your goddamn
hands up, you son of a bitch.
- 1510. I just ordered a slice of pumpkin pie.
- 1511. Stay still!
- 1512. Now!
- 1513. Which one is you?
- 1514. You tell me.
- 1515. Let's go, pencil-neck.
- 1516. Get that son of a bitch out of here!
- 1517. where even murdered
mayor Don Mitchell, Jr.'s wife and son
- 1518. have gathered
in an emotional show of city unity.
- 1519. Our Dan O'Neil is live
inside Real's headquarters right now...
- 1520. Hey.
- 1521. What are all these diaries?
- 1522. They're ledgers. He's got thousands.
- 1523. He scrawled all over 'em.
Rambling, ciphers, codes.
- 1524. Got something back on one of the IDs.
- 1525. Edward Nash ton. Works at KTMJ:
- 1526. - He's a forensic accountant.
- 1527. Hey, Lieutenant!
You really okay with this?
- 1528. What about chain of evidence?
- 1529. You should see this.
- 1530. He's wearing gloves.
- 1531. "Friday, July 16th.
- 1532. My life has been a cruel riddle
I could not solve,
- 1533. suffocating my mind, no escape.
- 1534. But then, today, I saw it.
- 1535. A single word on this ledger,
sitting on the desk beside me.
- 1536. 'Renewal.'
- 1537. The empty promise they sold to me
as a child in that orphanage.
- 1538. One look inside,
and finally I understood.
- 1539. My whole life
has been preparing me for this.
- 1540. The moment when I would learn the truth.
- 1541. When I could finally strike back
and expose their lies."
- 1542. "If you want people to understand,
- 1543. really understand,
- 1544. you can't just give them the answers.
- 1545. You have to confront them,
- 1546. torture them
with the horrifying questions,
- 1547. just like they tortured me.
- 1548. I know now what I must become."
- 1549. Jesus.
- 1550. I don't think that rat likes you, man.
- 1551. This one's not a rat.
- 1552. What is that?
- 1553. Some kind of pry tool?
- 1554. Is it a chisel?
- 1555. It's a murder weapon.
- 1556. He killed Mitchell with it.
- 1557. The edge will match the floorboard
impression in the mayor's study.
- 1558. "My confession"?
- 1559. What's he confessing to?
He already told us he killed Mitchell.
- 1560. This isn't over.
- 1561. Oh, man. He's been posting
all kinds of shit online.
- 1562. He's got, like, 500 followers.
Real fringe types.
- 1563. His final post was last night.
- 1564. Some video. Got a lot of views,
but it's password-protected.
- 1565. Can you get in?
Copying his drive now.
- 1566. Take some time, but we'll get in.
- 1567. Show me the post.
It's right here.
- 1568. "The Truth Unmasked."
- 1569. I think I'm his last target.
- 1570. You?
- 1571. Maybe this is all coming to an end.
- 1572. What is?
- 1573. The Batman.
- 1574. Yeah?
- 1575. Right.
- 1576. Riddler's asking for you. At Arkham.
- 1577. You're a good cop.
- 1578. I told you I'd see you in hell.
- 1579. What do you want from me?
- 1580. "Want"?
- 1581. If only you knew how long
I've been waiting for this day.
- 1582. For this moment.
- 1583. I've been invisible my whole life.
- 1584. I guess I won't be anymore, will 1?
- 1585. They'll remember me now.
- 1586. They'll remember both of us.
- 1587. Bruce...
- 1588. Wayne.
- 1589. Bruce...
- 1590. Wayne.
- 1591. You know, I was there that day.
- 1592. The day the great Thomas Wayne
announced he was running for mayor,
- 1593. made all those promises.
- 1594. Well, a week later he was dead,
and everybody just forgot about us.
- 1595. All they could talk about
was poor Bruce Wayne.
- 1596. Bruce Wayne, the orphan.
- 1597. Orphan.
- 1598. Living in some tower over the park
isn't being an orphan.
- 1599. Looking down on everyone,
with all that money.
- 1600. Don't you tell me.
- 1601. Do you know what being an orphan is?
- 1602. It's 30 kids to a room.
- 1603. Twelve years old and already a drop head,
numbing the pain.
- 1604. You wake up screaming
with rats chewing your fingers.
- 1605. And every winter one of the babies die
- 1606. because it's so cold.
- 1607. But oh, no.
- 1608. Let's talk about the billionaire
with the lying, dead daddy
- 1609. because at least the money
makes it go down easy.
- 1610. Doesn't it?
- 1611. Bruce...
- 1612. Wayne.
- 1613. He's the only one we didn't get.
- 1614. But we got the rest of 'em, didn't we?
- 1615. All those slick, sleazy, phony pricks.
- 1616. God.
- 1617. Look at you.
- 1618. Your mask is amazing.
- 1619. I wish you could've seen me in mine.
- 1620. Ain't it funny?
- 1621. All everyone wants to do is unmask you,
but they're missing the point.
- 1622. You and I both know
- 1623. I'm looking at the real you right now.
- 1624. My mask allowed me
to be myself completely.
- 1625. No shame,
- 1626. no limits.
- 1627. Why did you write me?
- 1628. What do you mean?
- 1629. All those cards.
- 1630. I told you,
- 1631. we've been doing this together.
You're a part of this.
- 1632. - We didn't do anything together.
- We did.
- 1633. What did we just do?
- 1634. I asked you to bring him into the light,
and you did.
- 1635. We're such a good team.
- 1636. We're not a team.
- 1637. I never could have
gotten him out of there.
- 1638. I'm not physical.
My strength is up here.
- 1639. I mean, I had all the pieces,
I had the answers.
- 1640. But I didn't know
how to make them listen.
- 1641. You gave me that.
- 1642. I gave you nothing.
- 1643. You showed me what was possible.
- 1644. You showed me all it takes is fear
and a little focused violence.
- 1645. You inspired me.
- 1646. You're out of your goddamn mind.
- 1647. What?
- 1648. This is all in your head.
You're sick, twisted.
- 1649. How can you say that?
- 1650. You think you'll be remembered?
- 1651. You're a pathetic psychopath,
- 1652. - begging for attention.
- 1653. - You're gonna die alone in Arkham.
- 1654. No, no!
- 1655. A nobody!
- 1656. No!
- 1657. Ahhh!
- 1658. This is not how this was supposed to go!
- 1659. Ahhh!
- 1660. I had it all planned out!
- 1661. We were gonna be safe here.
- 1662. We could watch the whole thing together.
- 1663. Watch what?
- 1664. Everything!
- 1665. It was all there.
- 1666. You mean, you didn't figure it out?
- 1667. Oh, you're really not as smart
as I thought you were.
- 1668. I guess I gave you too much credit.
- 1669. What have you done?
- 1670. What's black and blue and dead all over?
- 1671. You.
- 1672. If you think you can stop
- 1673. What have you done?
- 1674. Ave Maria
- 1675. What have you done?
- 1676. Gratia plena
- 1677. What have you done?
- 1678. Maria
- 1679. Gratia plena
- 1680. Hey!
- 1681. What are you doing in here?
- 1682. Hey, man, I don't think that
you should be touching that.
- 1683. Boy, this guy's a real nut job, huh?
- 1684. Killing Mitchell
with a friggin' carpet tool.
- 1685. My uncle's a... He's an installer.
- 1686. You know, it's a... Oh, you know.
- 1687. It's a tucker.
- 1688. Huh.
- 1689. Hey! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!
What are you doing?
- 1690. What are you doing?
- 1691. Hey, guys.
- 1692. Uh, thanks for all the comments
- 1693. and a special thanks to everyone
for the tips on detonators.
- 1694. Detonators?
- 1695. I just want to say this will be my last
post for a little while, and, uh...
- 1696. what this community has meant to me
- 1697. these weeks, these months,
- 1698. let's just say none of us...
- 1699. is alone anymore. Okay?
- 1700. Jesus.
- 1701. Tomorrow's Election Day.
- 1702. And Bella Real will win.
- 1703. She promised real change.
- 1704. But we know the truth, don't we?
- 1705. You've seen Gotham's true face now.
- 1706. Together, we've unmasked it.
- 1707. Its corruption, its perversion
- 1708. masquerading under the guise of renewal.
- 1709. But unmasking is not enough.
- 1710. The day of judgment is finally upon us.
- 1711. And now it is time
- 1712. for retribution.
- 1713. I've parked seven vans
- 1714. all along the city seawall.
- 1715. And on the big night,
- 1716. they will go boom.
- 1717. Boom!
- 1718. Boom!
- 1719. When the vans blow,
- 1720. the flooding will happen so fast,
evacuation will not be an option.
- 1721. Those who are not washed away
- 1722. will race through the streets in terror.
- 1723. Call Gordon.
- 1724. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Yeah.
- 1725. As breaking news
- 1726. hits higher ground
in Gotham Square Garden...
- 1727. celebrations will turn to panic,
- 1728. as the venue becomes
the city's shelter of last resort.
- 1729. And that's where all of you come in.
- 1730. Now, when the time arrives,
I will already be unmasked.
- 1731. The pigs will have me in their custody,
- 1732. but that's okay.
- 1733. Because then it will be your turn.
- 1734. You'll be there, waiting.
- 1735. It's time for the lies to finally end.
- 1736. False promises of renewal?
- 1737. Change?
- 1738. We'll give them real, real change now.
- 1739. We've spent our lives in this
wretched place, suffering!
- 1740. Wondering, "Why us?"
- 1741. Now they will spend
their last moments wondering,
- 1742. why them?
- 1743. I can't get through! The lines are down.
- 1744. Hey, hey, hey! Road's closed!
- 1745. I'm just trying to get out of town, man!
- 1746. Lady, we got bombs going off.
The whole city's flooding.
- 1747. You're gonna have to go inside
the Garden with everyone else.
- 1748. - Lieutenant, who's in charge?
- I really don't know.
- 1749. We're just trying
to get a handle here, sir.
- 1750. Right. Hey, listen! Quiet!
- 1751. We got an active situation.
- 1752. We need to sweep the building
- 1753. and get the mayor-elect
out of here, now.
- 1754. - Where is she?
- I can take you there.
- 1755. Come!
- 1756. - If we don't close the doors...
- 1757. we're gonna have huge problems.
- 1758. The water's already started to breach.
- 1759. I thought this was
a shelter of last resort.
- 1760. Yeah, for a hurricane,
but not if the whole seawall comes down.
- 1761. I am not gonna let
those people die out there.
- 1762. All right. I'll go calm down the crowd
SO we can get everyone in.
- 1763. It's not safe for you here.
We need to get you out, Ms. Real.
- 1764. - I'm not going anywhere.
- We're under attack, ma'am.
- 1765. Exactly! That's the problem
with this city.
- 1766. Everyone's afraid to stand up
and do the right thing, but I'm not.
- 1767. - Excuse me.
- 1768. Everyone, everyone,
if I could just get your attention.
- 1769. Please! I just need your attention!
- 1770. You're okay!
- 1771. Hey! Hey! How do I get up there?
- 1772. Follow me, sir.
- 1773. No, no. It's okay.
- 1774. It's okay.
- 1775. It's okay.
- 1776. It's done now. It's done.
- 1777. It's over.
- 1778. Hey! Hey, man, take it easy!
- 1779. Take it easy. Easy.
- 1780. Jesus.
- 1781. Who the hell are you?
- 1782. Me?
- 1783. I'm Vengeance.
- 1784. Wednesday, November 6th.
- 1785. The city is underwater.
- 1786. The National Guard is coming.
- 1787. Martial law is in effect...
- 1788. but the criminal element never sleeps.
- 1789. Looting and lawlessness will be rampant
- 1790. in the parts of the city
no one can get to.
- 1791. I can already see things will get worse
before they get better.
- 1792. And some will seize the chance
to grab everything they can.
- 1793. We will rebuild.
- 1794. But not just our city.
- 1795. We must rebuild people's faith
in our institutions,
- 1796. in our elected officials,
- 1797. in each other.
- 1798. Together, we will learn
to believe in Gotham again.
- 1799. I'm starting to see now.
- 1800. I have had an effect here...
- 1801. but not the one I intended.
- 1802. Vengeance won't change the past,
- 1803. mine or anyone else's.
- 1804. I have to become more.
- 1805. People need hope.
- 1806. To know someone's out there for them.
- 1807. The city's angry,
- 1808. scarred,
- 1809. like me.
- 1810. Our scars can destroy us.
- 1811. Even after
the physical wounds have healed.
- 1812. But if we survive them,
- 1813. they can transform us.
- 1814. They can give us the power
- 1815. lo endure...
- 1816. and the strength to fight.
- 1817. We are live. As you can see,
- 1818. the masked vigilante
atop Gotham Square Garden
- 1819. helping to save the lives
- 1820. of hundreds of victims.
- 1821. And now as first responders desperately
scramble to help the injured,
- 1822. a mysterious masked man emerges,
- 1823. heroically pulling the victims
right through that skylight...
- 1824. Isn't that just terrible?
- 1825. Him...
- 1826. raining on your parade like that?
- 1827. What is it they say?
- 1828. "One day you're on top,
- 1829. the next...
- 1830. you're a clown."
- 1831. Well,
- 1832. let me tell you,
there are worse things to be.
- 1833. Hey, hey, hey. Don't be sad.
- 1834. You did so well.
- 1835. And you know,
- 1836. Gotham loves a comeback story.
- 1837. Who are you?
- 1838. Well, that's the question,
- 1839. isn't it?
- 1840. Riddle me this...
- 1841. "The less of them you have,
- 1842. the more one is worth."
- 1843. A friend.
- 1844. Jesus.
- 1845. Don't you ever just say hello?
- 1846. Where will you go?
- 1847. I don't know. Upstate.
- 1848. Bludhaven, maybe.
- 1849. Why?
- 1850. You asking me to stay?
- 1851. You know this place
is never gonna change.
- 1852. With Carmine gone,
it's only gonna get worse for you.
- 1853. There's gonna be a power grab.
- 1854. It'll be bloody.
- 1855. I know.
- 1856. But the city can change.
- 1857. It won't.
- 1858. I have to try.
- 1859. It's gonna kill you eventually.
You know that.
- 1860. Listen.
- 1861. Why don't you come with me?
- 1862. Get into some trouble.
- 1863. Knock off some CEO hedge fund types.
It'll be fun.
- 1864. The bat and the cat.
- 1865. It's got a nice ring.
- 1866. Who am I kidding?
- 1867. You're already spoken for.
- 1868. You should go.
- 1869. Selina...
- 1870. Take care of yourself.