- 1. Who am I?
You sure you wanna know?
- 2. The story of my life
is not for the faint of heart.
- 3. If somebody said
it was a happy little tale...
- 4. if somebody told you I was just your
average guy, not a care in the world...
- 5. somebody lied.
- 6. But let me assure you, this,
like any story worth telling...
- 7. is all about a girl.
- 8. That girl. The girl next door.
Mary Jane Watson.
- 9. The woman I've loved
since before I even liked girls.
- 10. I'd like to tell you that's me
next to her.
- 11. Aw, heck, I'd even take him.
- 12. Hey! Stop the bus!
- 13. That's me.
- 14. Tell him to stop! Please!
- 15. Stop!
- 16. Hey! Stop the bus!
- 17. Stop! He's been chasing us
since Woodhaven Boulevard.
- 18. Catch a cab, Parker!
- 19. Thank you. I'm sorry I'm late.
- 20. What a geek!
- 21. - Don't even think about it.
- You're so lame, Parker.
- 22. Would you date him?
- 23. Midtown High seniors.
- 24. No wandering. Proceed direct—
Knock it off.
- 25. Remember, it is a privilege
to be here.
- 26. We're guests of Columbia University's
- 27. So behave accordingly.
- 28. Let's not have a repeat
of our trip to the planetarium.
- 29. Come on, people, stay together.
- 30. Proceed up the steps
and into the building.
- 31. - Where were you?
- Checking out the library.
- 32. - Looking at the books.
- Yeah, right.
- 33. Charles, can we drive
around the corner, please?
- 34. Why?
- 35. The entrance is right there.
- 36. Dad, these are public-school kids.
I'm not showing up in the Rolls.
- 37. What, you want me
to trade in my car for a Jetta...
- 38. because you flunked out
of every private school I sent you to?
- 39. - It wasn't for me.
- Of course it was.
- 40. Don't ever be ashamed
of who you are.
- 41. I'm not ashamed of who I am.
- 42. It's just...
- 43. Just what, Harry?
- 44. Forget it.
- 45. Pete!
- 46. - Hi, Harry.
- Hey, man. What's up?
- 47. Harry.
- 48. - Won't you be needing this?
- Thanks, Dad.
- 49. Peter, may I introduce my father,
- 50. I've heard so much about you.
- 51. - Great honor to meet you, sir.
- Harry says you're a science whiz.
- 52. You know,
I'm something of a scientist myself.
- 53. I read all your research
on nanotechnology. Really brilliant.
- 54. - And you understood it?
- Yes, I wrote a paper on it.
- 55. Impressive.
Your parents must be very proud.
- 56. I live with my aunt and uncle.
- 57. Hey, you two! Let's move!
- 58. - Nice to meet you.
- Hope to see you again.
- 59. - He doesn't seem so bad.
- Not if you're a genius.
- 60. I think he wants to adopt you.
- 61. There are over 32,000 known species
of spider in the world.
- 62. There are over 32,000 known species
of spider in the world.
- 63. They're in the order Araneae,
divided into three suborders.
- 64. That's amazing!
- 65. This is the most advanced electron
microscope on the Eastern Seaboard.
- 66. It's unreal.
- 67. Arachnids from all three
- 68. varying strengths to help them
search for food.
- 69. For example, the Delena spider,
- 70. has the ability to jump
to catch its prey.
- 71. For the school paper?
- 72. Next, we have the net web spider,
- 73. genus Kukulcania.
- 74. Spins a funnel-shaped web whose
strands have a tensile strength...
- 75. proportionately equal to the
high-tension wires used in bridges.
- 76. - Leave him alone.
- Or what?
- 77. Or his father will fire your father.
- 78. What's Daddy gonna do? Sue me?
- 79. What is going on?
- 80. The next person who talks
will fail this course. I kid you not.
- 81. - This spider...
- Let's go.
- 82. hunts using reflexes with
nerve-conduction velocity so fast...
- 83. that some researchers believe
it borders on precognition.
- 84. - An early awareness of danger.
- 85. A spider-sense.
- 86. Hey, look at that spider.
- 87. Some spiders change colors
to blend into their environment.
- 88. It's a defense mechanism.
- 89. Peter, what makes you think
I would want to know that?
- 90. Who wouldn't?
- 91. Over five painstaking years,
Columbia's genetic research facility...
- 92. - You gonna talk to her now?
- Oh, no. Come on. You talk to her.
- 93. Armed with these DNA blueprints...
- 94. we have now begun
what was once thought impossible.
- 95. - Disgusting.
- Yeah, hateful little things.
- 96. I love them!
- 97. Yeah, me too.
- 98. You know, spiders can change
- 99. to blend into their environment.
- 100. - Yeah, it's a defense mechanism.
- 101. —Transfer RNA
to encode an entirely new genome...
- 102. combining the genetic
information from all three spiders...
- 103. into these 15 genetically
- 104. There's 14.
- 105. I beg your pardon?
- 106. - One's missing.
- 107. I guess the researchers
are working on that one.
- 108. Do you know that this is the largest
- 109. on the Eastern Seaboard?
- 110. You were talking throughout
that woman's entire presentation.
- 111. Let's go talk about how we listen.
- 112. Now, I don't know what it's like
at those fancy private schools...
- 113. Now, I don't know what it's like
at those fancy private schools...
- 114. but at Midtown High...
- 115. Could I take your picture?
I need one with a student in it.
- 116. - Sure.
- 117. Where do you want me?
- 118. Yeah, that's great.
- 119. Don't make me look ugly.
- 120. That's impossible.
- 121. Perfect.
- 122. - Is that good?
- 123. That's great.
- 124. M.J., let's go!
- 125. Wait. Thanks!
- 126. Parker, let's do it.
- 127. We solved the horizon glide
and the multi-G balance issues.
- 128. I've already seen the glider.
- 129. That's not what I'm here for.
- 130. General Slocum,
good to see you again.
- 131. Mr. Balkan, Mr. Fargas.
- 132. - Norman.
- Mr. Osborn.
- 133. Always a pleasure to have
our board of directors visit.
- 134. I want to see the progress report
on human performance enhancers.
- 135. We tried vapor inhalation with rats.
Their strength increased by 800%.
- 136. - Excellent.
- Any side effects?
- 137. In one trial, yes.
- 138. An aberration. All the tests since
have been successful.
- 139. In the trial that went wrong,
what were the side effects?
- 140. Violence, aggression...
- 141. ."and insanity.
- 142. - What do you recommend?
- That was only one test.
- 143. Except for Dr. Stromm,
our entire staff certifies the product...
- 144. ready for human testing.
- Dr. Stromm?
- 145. We need to take the whole line
back to formula.
- 146. - Back to formula?
- Dr. Osborn.
- 147. I'll be frank with you.
- 148. I never supported your program. We
have my predecessor to thank for that.
- 149. The general has approved
- 150. to build a prototype
of their exoskeleton design.
- 151. - They test in two weeks.
- And if your performance enhancers...
- 152. have not had a successful
human trial by that date...
- 153. I'm gonna pull your funding.
I'm going to give it to them.
- 154. Gentlemen. Ladies.
- 155. And the Lord said, "Let there be light."
And voile! There is light.
- 156. Forty soft, glowing watts of it.
- 157. Good boy. God will be thrilled.
Just don't fall on your ass.
- 158. I'm already on my ass, May.
- 159. When the plant's senior electrician
is laid off after 35 years...
- 160. what else would you call it?
I am on my ass.
- 161. Hand me that dish. The green one.
- 162. The corporation is downsizing
- 163. and upsizing their profits.
- 164. Oh, Ben, you'll get another job
- 165. Well... Well, let's look
in the paper and see.
- 166. There are the want ads.
What do we got here?
- 167. Computer...
- 168. Computer salesman, computer
engineer, computer analyst.
- 169. My Lord, even the computers
need analysts these days.
- 170. I'm 68. I'm too old for computers, and
besides, I have a family to provide for.
- 171. I love you. And Peter loves you.
- 172. You're the most responsible man
I've ever known.
- 173. We've been down-and-out before.
But somehow, we survive.
- 174. Hi, sweetie. You're just—
Just in time for dinner.
- 175. Hey. How you doing, buddy?
How was the field trip?
- 176. I don't feel well.
I'm gonna go to sleep.
- 177. - You won't have a bite?
- No thanks. Had a bite.
- 178. Did you get some pictures, Peter?
- 179. I gotta crash. Everything's fine.
- 180. What's that all about?
- 181. In this recombination lab...
- 182. we use synthesized transfer RNA
to encode an entirely new genome...
- 183. combining the genetic
information from all three spiders...
- 184. into these 15 genetically
- 185. Dr. Osborn, please. The
performance enhancers aren't ready.
- 186. The data just doesn't justify
- 187. Now, I'm asking you for the last time.
We can't do this.
- 188. Don't be a coward.
- 189. Risks are part of laboratory science.
- 190. Let me reschedule, with a proper
medical staff and a volunteer.
- 191. - Just give me two weeks.
- Two weeks? In two weeks...
- 192. we'll have lost the contract
to Quest and OSCORP will be dead.
- 193. Sometimes you gotta
do things yourself.
- 194. - Get me the Promachloraperazine.
- For what?
- 195. It begins catalyzation when the vapor
hits the bloodstream.
- 196. 40,000 years of evolution...
- 197. and we've barely tapped
the vastness of human potential.
- 198. Oh, that's cold.
- 199. Norman?
- 200. Norman!
- 201. Norman!
- 202. Oh, my God.
- 203. Oh, my God! Norman?
- 204. Oh, my God! Norman!
- 205. Back to formula?
- 206. Weird.
- 207. - Peter?
- 208. Are you all right?
- 209. I'm fine.
- 210. Any better this morning?
- 211. Change?
- 212. Yep. Big change.
- 213. - Well, hurry up. You'll be late.
- 214. Okay)'-
- 215. - Goodness me!
- Jeez. I thought you were sick.
- 216. - I got better.
- You see?
- 217. - Bye, guys.
- Have you got your lunch money?
- 218. Hey, Michelangelo, don't forget,
we're painting the kitchen after school.
- 219. Sure thing, Uncle Ben.
Don't start without me.
- 220. And don't start up with me.
- 221. Teenagers. Raging hormones.
They never change.
- 222. You're trash!
You're always gonna be trash!
- 223. - I have to go to school.
- Who's stopping you?
- 224. Hi, M.J.
- 225. Hey, M.J.
- 226. I don't know if you realize this, but
we've been neighbors since I was 6.
- 227. And I was wondering
if we could get together sometime?
- 228. I got the car. Hop in.
- 229. Do something fun?
Or, I don't know.
- 230. I thought it'd be time
to get to know each other.
- 231. Or not.
- 232. Sorry, Parker, the bus is full!
- 233. - Stop the bus!
- Catch a cab!
- 234. Tell him to stop.
- 235. - Check him out!
- 236. Dad!
- 237. Dad, are you all right?
- 238. Harry.
- 239. What are you doing on the floor?
- 240. I don't know.
- 241. Have you been there all night?
- 242. Last night I was—
- 243. What?
- 244. - I don't remember.
- Mr. Osborn?
- 245. Sir, I asked her to wait in the foyer.
- 246. - My father's not feeling well.
- Mr. Osborn, Dr. Stromm is dead.
- 247. What?
- 248. They found his body in the lab.
He's been murdered, sir.
- 249. - What are you talking about?
- And the flight suit and the glider...
- 250. - What about it?
- it's been stolen, sir.
- 251. Wow! Great reflexes!
- 252. - Thanks.
- No problem.
- 253. Hey, you have blue eyes.
I didn't notice without your glasses.
- 254. You just get contacts?
- 255. Well, see you.
- 256. - What happened?
- He's freaking weird.
- 257. Did you see that?
- 258. Parker?
- 259. - It's a fight!
- Think you're pretty funny, freak?
- 260. - Flash, it was an accident.
- So is my breaking your teeth.
- 261. - Come on, Flash, stop.
- I don't wanna fight you, Flash.
- 262. - I wouldn't wanna fight me neither.
- Kick his ass.
- 263. Help him, Harry.
- 264. How'd he do that?
- 265. Which one?
- 266. He's all yours, man.
- 267. Flash, get up!
- 268. Jesus, Parker, you are a freak.
- 269. Peter, that was— That was amazing.
- 270. I'm out of here. Come on.
- 271. Go, web!
- 272. Fly.
- 273. Up, up and away, web.
- 274. Shazam!
- 275. Go! GO!
- 276. Go, web, go!
- 277. Tallyho.
- 278. - Is she back with the beer yet?
- 279. Bring me some beer.
- 280. - Get up off your ass.
- I paid for beer—
- 281. 'Stop yelling.
- Stop it!
- 282. You're as stupid as your mother.
Get away from me!
- 283. You are drunk, do you know that?
- 284. Where's she going?
Where you going?
- 285. These dishes are not done.
Somebody's gotta do the dishes.
- 286. - Why don't you do them?
- Get in here and do the dishes.
- 287. - You do them. They're yours, anyway.
- I'm going out!
- 288. - Were you listening to that?
- 289. Well, I heard, but I was
just taking out the trash.
- 290. I guess you can always hear us.
- 291. Everybody shouts.
- 292. Your aunt and uncle don't.
- 293. Oh, they can scream
pretty good sometimes.
- 294. Listen, M.J., about today
at school with Flash—
- 295. You really freaked us out.
- 296. I'm sorry. Is he okay?
- 297. He's just happy you didn't give him
a black eye for graduation.
- 298. So where are you going
after you graduate?
- 299. I wanna move into the city.
- 300. And hopefully get a job
as a photographer.
- 301. Work my way through college.
- 302. What about you?
- 303. Headed for the city too.
- 304. Can't wait to get out of here.
- 305. I wanna...
- 306. What?
- 307. No, come on. Try me.
- 308. I wanna...
- 309. act...
- 310. on-stage.
- 311. Really?
- 312. Oh, that's perfect.
- 313. You were awesome
in all the school plays.
- 314. - Really?
- 315. I cried like a baby
when you played Cinderella.
- 316. Peter, that was first grade.
- 317. Well...
- 318. even SO.
- 319. Sometimes...
- 320. you know people.
- 321. You can just see what's coming.
- 322. What do you see coming for you?
- 323. I don't know.
- 324. Whatever it is, it's something
I never felt before.
- 325. And what for me?
- 326. For you?
- 327. You're gonna light up Broadway.
- 328. You know...
- 329. you're taller than you look.
- 330. I hunch.
- 331. Don't.
- 332. Hey, M.J.! Come take a ride
in my new birthday present.
- 333. Come on.
- 334. I gotta go.
- 335. Bye.
- 336. - Oh, my God, it's gorgeous!
- Yeah, right?
- 337. - Look at it!
- Hop in.
- 338. Oh, my God! What a cool car!
- 339. Pretty tight, huh?
- 340. Wait till you hear the sound system.
Hey, don't scratch the leather.
- 341. Cool car.
- 342. What's going on in there?
- 343. I'm exercising.
I'm not dressed, Aunt May.
- 344. Well, you're acting
so strangely, Peter.
- 345. Okay. Thanks.
- 346. Something's bothering him. Maybe
he's too embarrassed to tell me.
- 347. Maybe I'm too embarrassed
to ask him.
- 348. I just don't know anymore.
- 349. I'm going to the library.
I'll see you later.
- 350. - Wait, Pete. I'll drive you there, buddy.
- I'll take the train.
- 351. No, I need the exercise.
Go on. Go, go.
- 352. - Thanks for the ride, Uncle Ben.
- Wait a minute, we need to talk.
- 353. - We can talk later.
- Well, we can talk now. If you let me.
- 354. What do we have to talk about?
- 355. Because we haven't talked
for so long...
- 356. May and I
don't know who you are anymore.
- 357. You shirk your chores. You have all
those weird experiments in your room.
- 358. - You start fights at school—
- I didn't start that fight, I told you that.
- 359. - You sure as hell finished it.
- Was I supposed to run away'?
- 360. No, you're not supposed
to run away, but...
- 361. Pete, you're changing. I went through
exactly the same thing at your age.
- 362. No. Not exactly.
- 363. Peter...
- 364. these are the years
when a man changes...
- 365. into the man he's gonna become
the rest of his life.
- 366. Just be careful
who you change into.
- 367. This guy, Flash Thompson,
he probably deserved what happened.
- 368. But just because you can
beat him up...
- 369. doesn't give you the right to.
- 370. Remember, with great power
comes great responsibility.
- 371. Are you afraid I'll become a criminal?
Quit worrying about me, okay?
- 372. Something's different.
I'll figure it out. Stop lecturing me.
- 373. I don't mean to lecture or preach.
And I know I'm not your father—
- 374. Then stop pretending to be!
- 375. Right.
- 376. I'll pick you up here at 10.
- 377. Bone Saw! Bone Saw! Bone Saw!
- 378. - One, two, three. That's it!
- Who's the man?
- 379. Ladies and gentlemen...
- 380. give it up for Bone Saw McGraw.
- 381. For $3000...
- 382. Is there no one here man enough
to stay in the ring...
- 383. for three minutes
with this titan of testosterone?
- 384. Who?
- 385. I know who.
- 386. The Flying Dutchman!
- 387. Next.
- 388. There's no featherweight
division here, small fry. Next.
- 389. No, no. Sign me up.
- 390. Okay. You understand the NYWL
is not responsible...
- 391. for any injury you may and probably
will sustain in said event?
- 392. And you're participating
under your own free will?
- 393. Yes.
- 394. Down the hall to the ramp.
May God be with you. Next.
- 395. Told you! Told you!
- 396. Winner!
- 397. Next victim!
- 398. Are you ready for more?
- 399. Bone Saw is ready!
- 400. Will the next victim please
enter the arena at this time?
- 401. If he can withstand just three minutes
in the cage with Bone Saw McGraw...
- 402. the sum of $3000 will be paid to—
- 403. - What's your name, kid?
- The Human Spider.
- 404. That's it? That's the best you got?
- 405. - Yeah.
- Oh, that sucks.
- 406. The sum of $3000 will be paid to...
- 407. the terrifying, the deadly...
- 408. the amazing Spider-Man!
- 409. - It's "The Human Spider."
- I don't care, get out there.
- 410. - No, he got my name wrong.
- Get out there, you moron.
- 411. Bone Saw will eat you up
and spit you out.
- 412. I hope you brought your mommy.
- 413. - We'll break you!
- You'll need someone to cry to.
- 414. I'm gonna rip all eight of your
feeble legs off one by one.
- 415. Oh, my God!
- 416. Oh, my legs!
- 417. Oh, God. I can't feel my legs.
- 418. Kill! Kill! Kill!
- 419. Kill! Kill! Kill!
- 420. Cage!
- 421. Hello? Guys?
- 422. Will the guards please lock
the cage doors at this time?
- 423. This is some kind of mistake.
I didn't sign up for a cage match!
- 424. Unlock the thing!
Take the chain off!
- 425. Hey, freak show!
- 426. You're going nowhere.
- 427. I got you for three minutes.
- 428. Three minutes of playtime.
- 429. - What are you doing up there?
- Staying away from you.
- 430. That's a cute outfit.
Did your husband give it to you?
- 431. Finish him off!
- 432. Smash him!
- 433. - Hit him!
- 434. Kick his spider ass!
- 435. Hit him!
- 436. One, two, three!
- 437. That's it! That's it!
- 438. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up
for the new champion, Spider-Man!
- 439. Spider-Man! Spider-Man!
- 440. Now get out of here.
- 441. A hundred bucks'?
The ad said 3000.
- 442. Well, check it again, webhead.
- 443. It said three grand for three minutes.
You pinned him in two.
- 444. For that, I give you 100.
You're lucky to get that.
- 445. I need that money.
- 446. I missed the part
where that's my problem.
- 447. - Hey, what the hell—?
- Put the money in the bag.
- 448. Hurry UP!
- 449. Hey! He stole the gate!
- 450. Stop that guy!
- 451. Stop him! He's got my money!
- 452. Thanks.
- 453. What's the hell's the matter with you?
You let him go!
- 454. Cut him off in the lobby
and call the cops!
- 455. You could've taken that guy apart.
Now he'll get away with my money.
- 456. I missed the part
where that's my problem.
- 457. - Sir, you gotta get back.
- I can't see. What happened?
- 458. - Sir, you gotta get back.
- I can't see. What happened?
- 459. Old dude, man.
- 460. Come on, folks. Keep moving, please.
Keep moving. Let's go!
- 461. - What happened?
- Someone got hurt.
- 462. - Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me.
- Stay back.
- 463. - Stay back!
- That's my uncle!
- 464. - What happened?
- Carjacker. He's been shot.
- 465. We just called the paramedics.
They're on their way.
- 466. Uncle Ben?
- 467. Uncle Ben.
- 468. Uncle Ben?
- 469. Peter.
- 470. I'm here, Uncle Ben.
- 471. Peter.
- 472. They got the shooter.
He's headed south on Fifth Avenue.
- 473. We got three cars in pursuit.
All right, folks. Come on, move back.
- 474. Get a unit to the rear!
- 475. I got the back!
- 476. Who's there?
- 477. Don't hurt me. Give me a chance.
Give me a chance!
- 478. What about my uncle?
Did you give him a chance? Did you?
- 479. Answer me!
- 480. Stop that guy!
- 481. Thanks.
- 482. See you.
- 483. Freeze! We've got the place
- 484. Oh, no. My God.
- 485. Oh, no.
Oh, my God. No!
- 486. - Good evening.
- General. Good to see you.
- 487. Our exoskeleton's got
real firepower, general.
- 488. Well, if it does what you say it can,
I'll sign that contract tomorrow.
- 489. - He's clear, let's go!
- You're confident about this test?
- 490. Absolutely.
Captain Curtis is our top pilot.
- 491. Now, what about your commitment
- 492. Nothing would please me more than to
put Norman Osborn out of business.
- 493. Pref light complete. Mark.
- 494. We are picking up
an unidentified object, closing fast.
- 495. What the hell is that?
- 496. Can you see anything?
- 497. Oh, my God!
- 498. - Say "chess."
- 499. Peter!
- 500. Darling, I'm so proud of you.
You looked so handsome up there.
- 501. Pete? Good news. Dad got the place
in New York, so we're all set this fall.
- 502. - That's great.
- You made it.
- 503. It's not the first time
I've been proven wrong.
- 504. - Congratulations.
- Thanks, Dad.
- 505. Peter, the science award.
- 506. Yeah.
- 507. I know this has been
a difficult time for you...
- 508. but I want you to try
to enjoy this day.
- 509. The end of one thing,
the start of something new.
- 510. I don't want to be with you anymore.
Here's your ring.
- 511. You know what? Whatever.
- 512. Your loss.
- 513. You're like a brother to Harry.
That makes you family.
- 514. And if you ever need anything,
just give me a call.
- 515. Can I fix you something?
- 516. No, thanks.
- 517. I missed him a lot today.
- 518. I know.
- 519. I miss him too.
- 520. But he was there.
- 521. I can't help thinking about
the last thing I said to him.
- 522. He tried to tell me something
important, and I threw it in his face.
- 523. You loved him...
- 524. and he loved you.
- 525. He never doubted
the man you'd grow into.
- 526. How you were meant
for great things.
- 527. You won't disappoint him.
- 528. With great power
comes great responsibility.
- 529. Remember that, Pete.
- 530. Hurry UP!
- 531. He's not a man. My brother saw him
building a nest in Lincoln Center.
- 532. I think he's human, a man.
Could be a woman.
- 533. Bobby. Get a load of this!
- 534. He throws up his hands,
ropes come out...
- 535. and he climbs up them
like a spider web.
- 536. I see the web, his signature,
and I know Spider-Man was here.
- 537. The guy protects us,
protects the people.
- 538. Some kind of freakyloo
or something. Wackadoo.
- 539. He stinks and I don't like him.
- 540. Don't move, lady!
- 541. Guy with eight hands. Sounds hot.
- 542. He has those tights
and that tight little—
- 543. Dresses like a spider
He looks like a bug
- 544. But we should all just give him
One big hug
- 545. Look out
Here comes the Spider-Man
- 546. "Who is Spider-Man?"
He's a criminal, that's who he is.
- 547. A vigilante, a public menace.
Why's he on my front page?
- 548. Mr. Jameson, your wife needs—
- 549. There's a page six problem.
- 550. We have a page one problem.
- 551. - Well?
- He's news.
- 552. - The clients can't wait.
- They're about to.
- 553. - He pulled six people off a subway.
- From a wreck he probably caused.
- 554. Something goes wrong
and he's there.
- 555. Look! He's fleeing the scene.
What's that tell you?
- 556. He's not fleeing, he's probably
going to save somebody else.
- 557. He's a hero!
- 558. Then why does he wear a mask?
What's he got to hide?
- 559. She needs to know if you want
chintz or chenille in the dining room.
- 560. - Whichever one's cheaper.
- Mr. Jameson, it's like this:
- 561. We double-booked page six.
- 562. So Macy's and Conway's both have
- 563. - We sold out four printings.
- Sold out?
- 564. Every COPY-
- 565. Tomorrow, Spider-Man, page one,
with a decent picture.
- 566. - Conway to page 7.
- That's a problem.
- 567. Page eight, give him 10 percent off.
- 568. - That can't be done.
- Get out of here!
- 569. We don't have a decent picture.
- 570. Eddie's been on it for weeks,
but we can barely see him.
- 571. Aw, what is he, shy?
- 572. If we can get a picture of Julia Roberts
in a thong, we can get this weirdo.
- 573. Put an ad on the front page:
"Cash for a picture of Spider-Man."
- 574. He doesn't wanna be famous?
I'll make him infamous!
- 575. Hey!
- 576. Buzz off.
- 577. - M.J., it's me, Peter.
- 578. - What are you doing around here?
- Begging for a job. How about you?
- 579. - I'm headed to an audition.
- An audition? So you're acting?
- 580. Yeah.
- 581. I work steady.
In fact, I just got off a job.
- 582. That's great.
- 583. - You're doing it. Living your dream.
- Glamour girl!
- 584. Your drawer was short $6!
- 585. Next time that happens,
I'll take it out of your check.
- 586. Excuse me, Miss Watson?
I'm talking to you! Hey!
- 587. Yes, Enrique! Okay? I get you.
- 588. It better not happen no more.
Don't roll your eyes at me.
- 589. Some dream, huh?
- 590. It's nothing to be
- 591. - Don't tell Harry.
- Don't tell Harry?
- 592. Don't you guys live together?
We're going out. Didn't he tell you?
- 593. Oh, yeah. Right.
- 594. I think he'd hate the idea
of my waiting tables.
- 595. - He'd think it was low or something.
- it's not low. You have a job.
- 596. You know, Harry doesn't live on
a little place I like to call Earth.
- 597. No, I guess not.
- 598. Thanks, Pete.
- 599. We should catch up sometime.
- 600. Let's get some lunch some evening.
- 601. I'll come by and have some of your
Moondance coffee some day.
- 602. - And I won't tell Harry.
- No, don't tell Harry.
- 603. I won't.
- 604. I won't tell Harry.
- 605. Timing's perfect. Hey.
- 606. Five new contracts. It'll be great.
- 607. Storming Norman's
making his weekly inspection.
- 608. Spent half of it on the phone.
- 609. Look, man, I'm glad you're here.
I need your help. I'm really lost here.
- 610. Are you all right?
- 611. You look like you just got
second place in the science fair.
- 612. I was late for work
and Dr. Connors fired me.
- 613. You were late again?
- 614. I don't get it.
Where do you go all the time?
- 615. Around.
- 616. Peter Parker.
- 617. - Maybe you'll tell me who she is.
- Who's that?
- 618. - This mystery girl Harry's been dating.
- 619. - When do I get to meet her?
- 620. Well, sorry.
Harry hasn't mentioned her.
- 621. Pete, you're probably looking
for a job now, right?
- 622. Dad, maybe you can help him out.
- 623. - No, I appreciate it, but I'll be fine.
- it's no problem. I'll make a few calls.
- 624. No, I couldn't accept it, sir.
I like to earn what I get. I'll find work.
- 625. I respect that.
- 626. You want to make it
on your own steam.
- 627. That's great.
- 628. What other skills do you have,
- 629. I was thinking about photography.
- 630. Hello.
- 631. Let's go! Move it!
- 632. Watch the street!
- 633. Cheese!
- 634. They're crap.
- 635. Crap, crap. Megacrap.
- 636. - I'll give you $200 for all of them.
- That seems a little low.
- 637. Take them somewhere else, then.
- 638. Your wife says the tile for the foyer
is out of stock.
- 639. Tell her we'll put a rug there.
- 640. Sit down. Give me that.
- 641. Give you 300.
That's the standard freelance fee.
- 642. - Tear up page one. Run that photo.
- 643. "Spider-Man, Hero or Menace?
Exclusive Daily Bugle Photos."
- 644. Menace? He was protecting
- 645. Tell you what, Atticus.
- 646. You take the pictures,
I'll make up the headlines. Okay?
- 647. - Yes, sir.
- 648. Give this to the girl up front.
She'll see you get paid.
- 649. - I'd like a job, sir.
- No jobs. Freelance.
- 650. Best thing for a kid your age.
- 651. You bring me more shots
of that clown, maybe I'll buy them.
- 652. But I never said you have a job.
- 653. I'll send you a box of Christmas
meat. Bring me more photos.
- 654. - Hi.
- 655. Mr. Jameson told me
to give that to you.
- 656. - Welcome to the Daily Bugle.
- Thank you.
- 657. I'm Peter Parker.
- 658. I'm a photographer.
- 659. Yes. I can see that.
- 660. As of today...
- 661. Industries has surpassed
- 662. as the principal supplier
to the United States military.
- 663. In short, ladies and gentlemen
of the board...
- 664. costs are down,
revenues are up...
- 665. and our stock
has never been higher.
- 666. Wonderful news, Norman.
That's why we're selling the company.
- 667. What?
- 668. Quest is recapitalizing in the wake
of the bombing. Expanding.
- 669. They made a tender offer
we can't ignore.
- 670. Why wasn't I told?
- 671. They don't want a power struggle
with entrenched management.
- 672. The deal is off if you come with it.
- 673. The board expects your resignation
in 30 days.
- 674. You can't do this to me.
- 675. I started this company.
- 676. You know how much I sacrificed?
- 677. - Oh, Max. Please.
- Norman, the board is unanimous.
- 678. We're announcing the sale
after the World Unity Festival.
- 679. I'm sorry.
- 680. You're out, Norman.
- 681. Am I?
- 682. Welcome to OSCORP Industries
Unity Day Festival.
- 683. Let's hear it for Macy Gray.
- 684. M.J., why didn't you wear
the black dress?
- 685. Just, I wanted to impress my father.
He loves black.
- 686. Well, maybe he'll be impressed
no matter what. You think I'm pretty.
- 687. I think you're beautiful.
- 688. M.J., would you do me a favor?
I forgot my drink inside.
- 689. - Oh, hi, Mr. Fargas.
- Oh, Harry.
- 690. - Have you seen my father around?
- Well, I'm not sure if he's coming.
- 691. - What is that?
- Must be new this year.
- 692. What is that?
- 693. That's our glider!
- 694. What the hell was that?
- 695. Code three!
- 696. - Oh, my God! Harry!
- 697. Harry! Help me! Harry!
- 698. Out, am I?
- 699. - Mary Jane!
- 700. Hello, my dear.
- 701. It's Spider-Man!
- 702. - Come on, move, kid.
- 703. Somebody help him!
- 704. No!
- 705. Mommy!
- 706. - Hold it!
- I surrender.
- 707. - Oh, boy.
- Hold it right there!
- 708. Impressive.
- 709. - Mary Jane!
- Help! Someone please help me!
- 710. Hold on!
- 711. Watch out!
- 712. We'll meet again, Spider-Man!
- 713. Hold on, Mary Jane!
- 714. Well, beats taking the subway.
- 715. Don't mind us.
She just needs to use the elevator.
- 716. Wait.
- 717. Who are you?
- 718. - You know who I am.
- I do?
- 719. Your friendly neighborhood
- 720. Incredible?
What do you mean he's incredible?
- 721. No. All right, wait.
Stay there. I'm gonna come over.
- 722. No, I'm gonna come—
- 723. All right. Fine.
Will you call me in the morning?
- 724. And we'll go and have breakfast
- 725. I wanna buy you something.
- 726. Because I want to.
It'll make you feel better.
- 727. Okay. And what do you mean,
- 728. All right. I'm sorry. Sleep tight.
- 729. Don't let the bedbugs—
- 730. She's all right.
She's just a little rattled.
- 731. Look, Pete, I should have
told you about us.
- 732. But you should know
I'm crazy about her.
- 733. It's just, you know,
you never made a move.
- 734. You're right.
- 735. I didn't.
- 736. I'm gonna get some rest.
- 737. I'm gonna stay up for a while.
- 738. What was that thing?
- 739. I don't know.
- 740. Whatever it is,
somebody has to stop it.
- 741. Somebody there?
- 742. Somebody.
- 743. Who said that?
- 744. Don't play the innocent with me.
- 745. You've known all along.
- 746. Where are you?
- 747. Follow the cold shiver
running down your spine.
- 748. I'm right here.
- 749. I don't understand.
- 750. Did you think it was coincidence?
- 751. So many good things,
all happening for you.
- 752. All for you. Norman.
- 753. What do you want'?
- 754. To say what you won't.
- 755. To do what you can't.
- 756. To remove those in your way.
- 757. The board members.
- 758. You killed them.
- 759. We killed them.
- 760. We?
- 761. Remember?
- 762. Your little accident
in the laboratory.
- 763. The performance enhancers.
- 764. Bingo. Me!
Your greatest creation.
- 765. Bringing you
what you've always wanted:
- 766. Power beyond your wildest dreams.
- 767. And it's only the beginning.
- 768. There's only one who can stop us.
- 769. Or imagine if he joined us.
- 770. Spider-Man. And the Green Goblin.
- 771. The Green Goblin. You like that?
Made it up myself.
- 772. These weirdos
all gotta have a name.
- 773. Mr. Jameson, Spider—
- 774. - Hoffman!
- 775. Copyright the name "Green Goblin."
I want a quarter every time it's said.
- 776. How about "Green Meanie"?
- 777. Spider-Man wasn't attacking the city.
- 778. It is not. I resent that.
- 779. Slander is spoken.
In print, it's libel.
- 780. You don't trust anybody.
- 781. I trust my barber.
- 782. What are you, his lawyer? Get out.
- 783. Let him sue me,
get rich like a normal person.
- 784. That's what made this country—
- 785. Jameson, you slime.
- 786. Who's the photographer
who takes the pictures of Spider-Man?
- 787. I don't know.
His stuff comes by mail.
- 788. - You're lying!
- I swear.
- 789. He's the one
who can bring me to him.
- 790. - I don't know who he is.
- You are useless.
- 791. Set him down, tough guy.
- 792. - Speak of the devil.
- I knew you two were in this together!
- 793. Hey, kiddo, let Mom and Dad
talk for a minute, will you?
- 794. Sleep...
- 795. Wake up, little spider. Wake up.
- 796. No, you're not dead yet.
- 797. Just paralyzed...
- 798. temporarily.
- 799. You're an amazing creature,
- 800. You and I are not so different.
- 801. I'm not like you. You're a murderer.
- 802. Well, to each his own.
- 803. I chose my path,
you chose the way of the hero.
- 804. And they found you amusing
for a while, the people of this city.
- 805. But the one thing they love
more than a hero...
- 806. is to see a hero fail,
fall, die trying.
- 807. In spite of everything you've done for
them, eventually, they will hate you.
- 808. Why bother?
- 809. - Because it's right.
- Here's the real truth.
- 810. There are eight million people
in this city.
- 811. And those teeming masses exist
for the sole purpose...
- 812. of lifting the few exceptional
people onto their shoulders.
- 813. You, me...
- 814. we're exceptional.
- 815. I could squash you like a bug
- 816. But I'm offering you a choice.
- 817. Imagine what we could
- 818. What we could create.
- 819. Or we could destroy.
- 820. Cause the deaths of countless
innocents in selfish battle...
- 821. again and again and again until
we're both dead.
- 822. Is that what you want?
- 823. Think about it, hero.
- 824. In spite of everything you've done for
them, eventually, they will hate you.
- 825. Hey!
- 826. - It's me again.
- 827. How was your audition?
- 828. - How'd you know?
- The hot line. Your morn...
- 829. told my aunt, told me.
- 830. So you just came by?
- 831. I was in the neighborhood.
Needed to see a friendly face.
- 832. I took two buses and a cab
to get in the neighborhood, but...
- 833. So how'd it go?
- 834. They said I needed acting lessons.
- 835. A soap opera told me
I needed acting lessons.
- 836. Let me buy you a cheeseburger.
The sky's the limit, up to $7.84.
- 837. I'd like a cheeseburger.
- 838. Oh, but I'm going out to dinner
- 839. Come with us.
- 840. No, thanks. How's it going with...?
- 841. Never mind.
That's none of my business.
- 842. It's not?
- 843. Why so interested?
- 844. I'm not.
- 845. You're not?
- 846. - Well, why would I be?
- I don't know.
- 847. Why would you be?
- 848. I, that's a—
- 849. I don't know.
- 850. Sorry you won't come with us.
- 851. I better run, tiger.
- 852. Hey, check it out, man.
- 853. Come on, man.
- 854. Hey, where you going, baby?
- 855. Get off me!
- 856. Wait!
- 857. You have a knack
for getting in trouble.
- 858. You have a knack for saving my life.
I think I have a superhero stalker.
- 859. I was in the neighborhood.
- 860. You are amazing.
- 861. Some people don't think so.
- 862. - But you are.
- Nice to have a fan.
- 863. Do I get to say thank you this time?
- 864. Wait.
- 865. Let me in! My baby's in there!
- 866. - Let me go!
- The roof's collapsing!
- 867. - Somebody save my baby!
- The roof's about to collapse!
- 868. Look! Up there!
- 869. Save my baby, please!
- 870. No!
- 871. - It's okay. Your baby's fine.
- Oh, my baby!
- 872. God bless you, Spider-Man.
- 873. Don't let him get away!
- 874. Hold it! You're under arrest.
I'm taking you in.
- 875. Oh, my God, there's somebody
still up there!
- 876. I'm going.
- 877. - I'll be here when you get back.
- Not coming back, chief.
- 878. Go! GO!
- 879. Where are you?
- 880. Where are you?
- 881. I'm gonna get you out of here!
- 882. It's okay.
- 883. You're pathetically predictable.
- 884. Like a moth to the flame.
- 885. What about my generous proposal?
- 886. Are you in or are you out?
- 887. It's you who's out, Gobby.
Out of your mind.
- 888. Wrong answer.
- 889. Oh, great.
- 890. No one says no to me!
- 891. - M.J., will you stop goofing around?
- Harry, relax.
- 892. He's here.
- 893. - Are you ready?
- 894. Aunt May. I'm sorry I'm late.
- 895. Work was murder.
I picked up a fruitcake.
- 896. Thank you, Mr. Osborn.
We're so glad you could come.
- 897. Who is this lovely young lady?
- 898. I'd like you to meet my father.
Dad, this is Mary Jane Watson.
- 899. I've been looking forward
to meeting you.
- 900. - Happy Thanksgiving, sir.
- Now, where is Peter?
- 901. He'd better have remembered
that cranberry sauce.
- 902. Oh, that's weird.
I didn't know he was here.
- 903. Peter?
- 904. Peter?
- 905. Is that you?
- 906. How strange. There's nobody here.
- 907. - Bit of a slob, isn't he?
- All brilliant men are.
- 908. - Hey, everyone.
- Oh, Peter!
- 909. Sorry I'm late,
it's a jungle out there.
- 910. I had to beat an old lady with a stick
to get these cranberries.
- 911. Thank you.
Now then, everybody sit down...
- 912. and we can say grace.
- 913. Parker.
- 914. Here we go.
- 915. - There we are.
- It looks delicious.
- 916. Norman.
- 917. Will you do the honors?
- 918. Why, Peter, you're bleeding.
- 919. Oh, yeah...
- 920. I stepped off a curb and got clipped
by one of those bike messengers.
- 921. Well, let me see.
- 922. Oh, my goodness.
- 923. - Oh, that looks awful.
- No, it's nothing.
- 924. I'll get the first-aid kit.
Then we'll say grace.
- 925. This is the boys' first Thanksgiving
here, and we'll do things properly.
- 926. How did you say that happened?
- 927. Bike messenger.
- 928. Knocked me down.
- 929. - If you'll excuse me, I've got to go.
- 930. Something
has come to my attention.
- 931. Are you all right?
- 932. I'm fine, just fine.
Thank you, Mrs. Parker. Everyone.
- 933. - Enjoy the fruitcake.
- 934. I planned this so you'd meet M.J.,
and now you have to leave?
- 935. I've got to go.
- 936. - This girl is important to me.
- Harry, please. Look at her.
- 937. Think she's sniffing around
because she likes your personality?
- 938. - What are you saying?
- Your mother was beautiful too.
- 939. They're all beautiful.
- 940. Until they're snarling after your trust
fund like a pack of ravening wolves.
- 941. You're wrong about her, Dad.
- 942. A word to the not-so-wise
about your little girlfriend:
- 943. Do what you need to with her,
then broom her fast.
- 944. Thanks for sticking up for me,
- 945. - You heard?
- Everyone heard that creep.
- 946. That creep is my father.
With luck, I'll be half of what he is.
- 947. Shut up about stuff
you don't understand!
- 948. Harry Osborn!
- 949. I'm sorry, Aunt May.
- 950. Spider-Man is all but invincible.
- 951. But Parker, we can destroy him.
- 952. I can't.
- 953. Betrayal
must not be countenanced.
- 954. Parker must be educated.
- 955. What do I do?
- 956. Instruct him in the matters
of loss and pain.
- 957. Make him suffer.
Make him wish he were dead.
- 958. Yes?
- 959. And then gram' his wish.
- 960. But how?
- 961. The cunning warrior attacks
neither body nor mind.
- 962. Tell me how!
- 963. The heart, Osborn.
- 964. First, we attack his heart.
- 965. Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses...
- 966. as we forgive those
who trespass against us.
- 967. Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us—
- 968. Deliver us!
- 969. Finish it!
- 970. - Finish it!
- From evil!
- 971. Two milligrams IV.
- 972. Get the BP.
- 973. Aunt May. Is she gonna be okay?
- 974. You have to leave.
- 975. - What happened?
- Those eyes!
- 976. Those horrible yellow eyes!
- 977. He knows who I am.
- 978. I'm sorry.
- 979. - Will she be okay?
- She's gonna be fine.
- 980. She's been sleeping all day.
- 981. - Thanks for coming.
- Of course.
- 982. How are you?
You okay about the other night?
- 983. Yeah, I'm fine. I just felt bad
about leaving Aunt May.
- 984. - Have you talked to Harry?
- He called me.
- 985. I haven't called him back.
- 986. The fact is...
- 987. I'm in love with somebody else.
- You are?
- 988. At least I think I am.
- 989. - It's not the right time to talk about it.
- No. Go on.
- 990. Would I know his name, this guy?
- 991. You'll think I'm a stupid little girl
with a crush.
- 992. Trust me.
- 993. It's funny.
- 994. He's saved my life twice,
and I've never even seen his face.
- 995. - Oh. Him.
- You're laughing at me.
- 996. No, I understand.
He is extremely cool.
- 997. But do you think it's true, all the
terrible things they say about him?
- 998. No, no. Not Spider-Man,
not a chance in the world.
- 999. I know him a little bit.
- 1000. I'm sort of his unofficial
- 1001. - Has he mentioned me?
- 1002. What'd he say'?
- 1003. I said...
- 1004. He asked me
what I thought about you.
- 1005. And what did you say?
- 1006. I said, "Spider-Man."
- 1007. I said, "The great thing about M.J...
- 1008. is...
- 1009. when you look in her eyes...
- 1010. and she's looking back in yours...
- 1011. everything feels...
- 1012. not quite normal.
- 1013. Because you feel...
- 1014. stronger...
- 1015. and weaker at the same time.
- 1016. You feel excited...
- 1017. and at the same time...
- 1018. terrified.
- 1019. The truth is, you don't know
what you feel...
- 1020. except you know what kind of man
you want to be.
- 1021. It's as if you've...
- 1022. reached the unreachable...
- 1023. and you weren't ready for it."
- 1024. You said that?
- 1025. Well, something like that.
- 1026. Dad?
- 1027. Dad, is that you?
- 1028. What is it?
- 1029. Well, you were right about M.J.
You're right about everything.
- 1030. She's in love with Peter.
- 1031. - Parker?
- 1032. And how does he feel about her?
- 1033. He's loved her since the 4th grade.
- 1034. He pretends like he doesn't, but
there's no one Peter cares for more.
- 1035. I'm so sorry.
- 1036. I haven't always been there for you,
- 1037. You're busy. You're an important man.
- 1038. That's no excuse.
- 1039. I'm proud of you.
- 1040. I've lost sight of that somewhere.
But I'll make it up to you.
- 1041. I'm going to rectify
- 1042. Wake up, little spider.
- 1043. Wake up.
- 1044. Go home, dear.
- 1045. You look awful.
- 1046. - And you look beautiful.
- Well, thank you.
- 1047. - I don't like to leave you here.
- But I'm safe here.
- 1048. - Can I do anything for you?
- You do too much.
- 1049. College, a job, all this time with me.
You're not Superman, you know.
- 1050. A smile. Finally.
- 1051. Haven't seen one of those on
your face since Mary Jane was here.
- 1052. Hey.
You were supposed to be asleep.
- 1053. You know, you were about 6 years old
when M.J.'s family moved in next door.
- 1054. And when she got out of the car,
and you saw her for the first time...
- 1055. you grabbed me and said,
"Aunt May, is that an angel?"
- 1056. - Gee, did I say that?
- You sure did.
- 1057. Well, Harry's in love with her.
- 1058. - She's still his girl.
- Well, isn't that up to her?
- 1059. - She doesn't really know who I am.
- Because you won't let her.
- 1060. You're so mysterious all the time.
- 1061. Tell me, would it be so dangerous...
- 1062. to let Mary Jane know
how much you care?
- 1063. Everybody else knows.
- 1064. I'll be right back.
- 1065. But...
- 1066. Come on, pick up.
- 1067. - Hey, M.J.--
- Sing your song at the beep.
- 1068. M.J., it's Peter. You there?
- 1069. Hello? You there?
- 1070. I'm just calling to check up on you.
Will you call me when you get in?
- 1071. All right, well...
- 1072. Don't...
- 1073. Don't go up any dark alleys.
- 1074. Hello?
- 1075. Can Spider-Man come out to play?
- 1076. Where is she?
- 1077. - What is that?
- That's cool!
- 1078. The itsy-bitsy spider
Went up the water spout
- 1079. Down came the goblin
And took the spider out
- 1080. Goblin, what have you done?
- 1081. Spider-Man!
This is why only fools are heroes.
- 1082. Because you never know...
- 1083. when some lunatic will come along
with a sadistic choice:
- 1084. Let die the woman you love...
- 1085. or suffer the little children.
- 1086. - Spider-Man!
- Save us!
- 1087. Save us!
- 1088. Make your choice, Spider-Man...
- 1089. and see how a hero is rewarded.
- 1090. Don't do it, Goblin!
- 1091. We are who we choose to be.
- 1092. - Now, choose!
- 1093. Everybody stay still!
- 1094. Ahoy up there!
- 1095. We're gonna bring the barge
right under you.
- 1096. - He's coming back!
- Listen. I need you to climb down.
- 1097. - I can't.
- Yes, you can!
- 1098. M.J., you can do it. You have to.
- 1099. Trust me.
- 1100. Hold on tight and go quickly.
- 1101. - Hurry!
- I can't. I can't do it.
- 1102. Hang on, Mary Jane!
- 1103. - He's not gonna make it.
- He's gonna make it!
- 1104. It's time to die.
- 1105. Come on up here, tough guy,
I got something for you!
- 1106. We ought to kick your ass!
- 1107. Leave Spider-Man alone! You're
gonna pick on a guy saving kids?
- 1108. I got something for your ass!
- 1109. Mess with Spidey,
you mess with New York!
- 1110. You mess with one of us,
you mess with all of us!
- 1111. Spider-Man, watch out!
- 1112. Misery, misery, misery.
That's what you've chosen.
- 1113. I offered you friendship...
- 1114. and you spat in my face.
- 1115. You've spun your last web,
- 1116. Had you not been so selfish,
your little girlfriend's death...
- 1117. would have been quick
- 1118. But now that you've really
pissed me off...
- 1119. I'm gonna finish her
nice and slow.
- 1120. M.J. and I...
- 1121. we're gonna have a hell of a time.
- 1122. Peter, stop!
- 1123. Stop! It's me.
- 1124. Mr. Osborn.
- 1125. Peter, thank God for you.
- 1126. You killed those people
on that balcony.
- 1127. The Goblin killed!
I had nothing to do with it!
- 1128. Don't let him take me again.
- 1129. I beg you. Protect me.
- 1130. You tried to kill Aunt May.
You tried to kill Mary Jane.
- 1131. But not you.
- 1132. I tried to stop it.
But I couldn't stop it.
- 1133. I would never hurt you.
- 1134. I knew from the beginning...
- 1135. if anything ever happened to me...
- 1136. it was you I could count on.
- 1137. You, Peter Parker, would save me,
and so you have.
- 1138. Thank God for you.
- 1139. Give me your hand.
- 1140. Believe in me
as I believed in you.
- 1141. I've been like a father to you.
- 1142. Be a son to me now.
- 1143. I have a father.
- 1144. His name was Ben Parker.
- 1145. Godspeed, Spider-Man.
- 1146. Peter.
- 1147. Don't tell Harry.
- 1148. What have you done?
- 1149. What have you done?
- 1150. Hey-
- 1151. I'm so sorry, Harry.
- 1152. I know what it's like
to lose a father.
- 1153. I didn't lose him.
He was stolen from me.
- 1154. One day Spider-Man will pay.
- 1155. I swear on my father's grave,
Spider-Man will pay.
- 1156. Thank God for you, Peter.
- 1157. You're the only family I have.
- 1158. No matter what I do...
- 1159. no matter how hard I try...
- 1160. the ones I love will always
be the ones who pay.
- 1161. You must miss him so much.
- 1162. It's been so hard without him.
- 1163. There's something
I've been wanting to tell you.
- 1164. When I was up there...
- 1165. and I thought I was gonna die...
- 1166. there was only one person
who I was thinking of.
- 1167. And it wasn't who I thought it'd be.
- 1168. It was you, Pete.
- 1169. I kept thinking:
- 1170. "I hope I make it through this...
- 1171. so I can see Peter Parker's face
one more time."
- 1172. Really?
- 1173. There's only one man
who's always been there for me...
- 1174. who makes me feel...
- 1175. like I'm more than I ever
thought I could be.
- 1176. That I'm just...
- 1177. me.
- 1178. And that's okay.
- 1179. The truth is...
- 1180. I love you.
- 1181. I love you so much, Peter.
- 1182. All I wanted was to tell her
how much I loved her.
- 1183. I can't.
- 1184. You can't what?
- 1185. Tell you...
- 1186. everything.
I mean, there's so much to tell.
- 1187. Yeah. There's so much to tell.
- 1188. I want you to know...
- 1189. that I will always be there
- 1190. I will always be there
to take care of you.
- 1191. I promise you that.
- 1192. I will always be your friend.
- 1193. Only a friend...
- 1194. Peter Parker?
- 1195. That's all I have to give.
- 1196. Whatever life holds in store
- 1197. I will never forget these words:
- 1198. "With great power
comes great responsibility. "
- 1199. This is my gift.
- 1200. My curse.
- 1201. Who am I?
- 1202. I'm Spider-Man.