- 1. turmoil since
the Arab uprisings of 2011...
- 2. As armored military vehicles took to the
streets of Kabul in an effort to calm...
- 3. Even though the Middle East
is fractured by...
- 4. Burning U.S. flags continues
as unrest in Afghanistan...
- 5. And the other part
is under full Israeli control.
- 6. Beeline, this is Apache Renegade,
nearing extraction point 3.0.
- 7. How copy?
- 8. Apache Renegade, this is Beeline.
- 9. Beeline, Team Dogbite is on the ground.
- 10. Repeat, Team Dogbite is on the ground,
- 11. - Returning to outpost Renegade.
- Copy that, Apache. Good luck.
- 12. Now?
- 13. Nope.
- 14. - Not now.
- Roger that.
- 15. I'll be damned.
- 16. You see that?
- 17. Now?
- 18. Nope.
- 19. Not now.
- 20. Now. All clear.
- 21. Moving.
- 22. This was Johnny Longbow's.
- 23. A rabbit's foot?
- 24. - Can't hurt.
- No, thanks. I'm trying to quit.
- 25. We're at Zulu, up high. You got a visual?
- 26. Roger. Moving to Bravo.
- 27. Vasquez, move.
- 28. Overwatch, confirm clear.
We're ready to check Bravo.
- 29. We're good here.
- 30. Bravo is clear bottom. Heading topside.
- 31. Overwatch, Two is at Charlie.
- 32. Anything in my area?
- 33. That's a negative. Quiet as a mouse.
- 34. Hey, Vic.
- 35. Yeah, Jake.
- 36. I've been thinking about
that 50 bucks I owe you.
- 37. Hey, don't even. And it's 60 bucks.
- 38. How about if we knock off five dollars
for every time I save your ass today?
- 39. Tell you what. How 'bout we double-down
- 40. if I get your butt
out of here in one piece?
- 41. No deal.
- 42. Where does an entire personal
security detail disappear to?
- 43. That's the same thing I was thinking, man.
- 44. I really don't know.
- 45. Your guess is as good as mine.
Just keep your eyes open, head on a swivel.
- 46. Copy all. Two holding at Charlie.
- 47. Bravo is clear above and below.
- 48. We got a butt-load of mix-caliber brass,
some blood trails, nothing else.
- 49. - You ready?
- 50. They're done. No package.
- 51. Beeline, Beeline, this is Dogbite.
How copy? Over.
- 52. Dogbite, Beeline. Solid copy. Send it.
- 53. Beeline, Beeline, Dogbite is at Delta.
- 54. I say again, Dogbite is at Delta.
- 55. We have the personal
security detail all down hard.
- 56. No joy on the package.
I say again, no joy on the package.
- 57. Last chance is Echo.
- 58. Oscar Mike there now. How copy?
- 59. Dogbite, copy all. Standing by.
- 60. Hey.
- 61. Vasquez.
- 62. Doc, eyes.
- 63. Hey, you think they're waiting
for us inside?
- 64. No. They're gonna hit us on the way out.
- 65. Doc.
- 66. Clear!
- 67. Clear!
- 68. Clear.
- 69. - Positive ID?
- Yep, that's the congressman.
- 70. Help me cut him down.
- 71. Cut him.
- 72. Bring him down. I got him. Yep, he's mine.
- 73. Congressman? Congressman!
- 74. Sir!
- 75. All right, they got him
narc'd with something.
- 76. I'm gonna hit him with Narcan to bring him
out of it, then we gotta get out of here ASAP.
- 77. Beeline, Beeline, be advised,
we have the package.
- 78. I say again, we have the package.
- 79. Sir, sir, sir, stay calm.
Look at me, look at me.
- 80. Hey, look at me, okay?
We're here to help you, okay?
- 81. Beat up, but still breathing.
- 82. We will be moving to Foxtrot 3 for exfil.
- 83. Seven pax. And we need a doc on the bird.
How copy? Over.
- 84. Dogbite, Beeline. Copy all.
No birds available at this time.
- 85. Exfil will be ground. Meet the vics
at Foxtrot 3. They are rolling now.
- 86. Beeline, that is a piss-poor option.
I say again, piss-poor option.
- 87. We have a priority package.
Can we get a bird?
- 88. Negative, Dogbite.
No air authorized on this one.
- 89. ETA on the vics is five mikes,
call sign "Rattler."
- 90. Copy, Beeline. We'll talk about this later.
Break, break. Overwatch, Overwatch.
- 91. Be advised we are Oscar Mike
to Foxtrot 3 for ground exfil.
- 92. I say again, ground exfil.
- 93. Cover our move and join the party
once you have eyes on the incoming vic.
- 94. How copy? Over.
- 95. Oh, hang on. There's dust being kicked up
- 96. by something on the back street
to your right as you come out.
- 97. Roger that. We'll come out with
the package when ride is confirmed.
- 98. Confirmed. Humvee inbound.
- 99. All right, gents. You heard him? Good?
Marcus, give Doc a hand.
- 100. Okay.
- 101. All right, help us out. Get on your legs.
Use those legs. There you go, buddy.
- 102. All right, you are glue to him. All right.
- 103. Overwatch, Overwatch, we are Oscar Mike
with package to Foxtrot 3 for exfil.
- 104. - Cover our six.
- Roger. On our way.
- 105. - Moving. Let's go.
- 106. This is your fire station.
Maintain my six.
- 107. Copy.
- 108. Oh, man, that felt like a trap
from the get-go.
- 109. Like we had a choice.
- 110. At least they're not behind us.
- 111. Not yet, anyway.
- 112. This is as far as we can go.
- 113. Rattler, Rattler!
- 114. We're in a firefight at position Charlie.
- 115. Not sure we can make it to Foxtrot 3.
If you make it, you come to us.
- 116. Doc, Miller, Marcus, move it! Let's go!
- 117. - Doc's down! Doc's down!
- 118. Shit!
- 119. Rattler! Rattler! This is Dogbite!
- 120. We're still in a heavy firefight!
- 121. Position Charlie! Playtime is over!
I say again, playtime is definitely over!
- 122. When you enter the ville,
bypass Foxtrot 3.
- 123. Head directly to the city square.
I say again, city square.
- 124. We're on the southwest corner.
- 125. And, gents, give us
as much firepower as you got
- 126. so we can get this package on the vic.
- 127. Over there!
- 128. Break, break!
- 129. Overwatch, Overwatch!
- 130. Join us ASAP as soon as you
have eyes on the vics inbound.
- 131. Moving now.
- 132. Overwatch, watch my right!
- 133. Vic, come on!
- 134. Put your hand on my shoulder
and don't let go.
- 135. Over there! Get him in there!
Get him in there!
- 136. - Secure the package!
- In here!
- 137. Come on, buddy!
- 138. Get him in!
- 139. Vic, we can't hold
this position any longer.
- 140. Don't you move! Don't you dare move!
- 141. - Vic, we gotta go.
- Jake, where are you guys? We gotta move!
- 142. Come on, boy, let's go.
- 143. Vic, the orders are clear!
You're risking everything by now!
- 144. Shit!
- 145. Get out of here!
- 146. Go!
- 147. Come on.
- 148. - Do you know your name?
- 149. Cooper? Congressman Cooper,
I'm Sergeant Richter of the U.S. Army.
- 150. We're taking you back to base, all right?
- 151. Let me have that thing.
Keep it up. Come here.
- 152. You're gonna be okay. All right.
- 153. Where are you?
Open another field dressing.
- 154. Give me one more pack. Hurry up.
- 155. - We should go back.
- We can't.
- 156. Getting the congressman to safety
is our number one priority.
- 157. I know what our number one priority is.
- 158. - Okay.
- I'm just saying I'd like to go back.
- 159. And we will, Vic, as soon as we can.
- 160. Hang in there, buddy. Hang in there.
I gotta keep pressure, okay?
- 161. - You all right? Step on it, Charlie!
- I'm crushing it, Vic.
- 162. I'd like to be more helpful,
Miss Conrad, but your timing's off.
- 163. - Maybe in a couple of days.
- I can't believe this.
- 164. You're deliberately
hamstringing me, Colonel. Why?
- 165. Nobody is hamstringing anybody. It's simply
not safe outside the wire right now.
- 166. That's ridiculous. This is a war zone.
It's never going to be safe.
- 167. Look, you may have finagled
your way onto this combat outpost,
- 168. and you may be Admiral Willet's niece,
- 169. but none of that buys you
a ride outside this wire.
- 170. It's just too damn dangerous.
- 171. I'll have you know I was embedded
with Cheyenne at Obamadad.
- 172. Yeah, and three soldiers
were killed on that ride-along.
- 173. Ah, so you're saying I'm some kind of jinx?
You're saying I got those men killed?
- 174. I'm not saying anything of the kind.
Here's what I am saying.
- 175. You are not going outside my wire.
End of discussion.
- 176. I see. So you are hamstringing me.
- 177. - Incoming!
- Oh, shit. What's that?
- 178. Move it! Move it! Let's go!
- 179. - Medics on the way!
- Get him out, get him out!
- 180. Okay.
- 181. Hey, get the congressman down
to the colonel now, ASAP.
- 182. Trevor, close that gate, damn it!
- 183. - Medic's here, buddy.
- No, Charlie, I can walk. Don't need no medic.
- 184. - We can get you inside, get you patched up.
- No, I can walk. Let me walk. Vic!
- 185. I'm sorry, buddy. It has to be this way.
Get him on the stretcher now!
- 186. - You! Get over here!
- 187. Come on. One, two, three.
- 188. - Charlie, you got him?
- I got him. Grab him.
- 189. One, two, three, go! Let's go, move.
- 190. I don't know who you are or what you want,
but stay away from my men.
- 191. - And who authorized you to take photos?
- Easy, cowboy.
- 192. Stay away from my men.
Do you understand me?
- 193. NATO correspondent,
so just cool down, okay?
- 194. Hey, you can't do that.
- 195. - Give that back to me. Give that...
- Charlie, keep her out.
- 196. - Yes, sir.
- Oh, my God.
- 197. No, no, no.
- 198. Excuse me, Sergeant,
is that Congressman Cooper?
- 199. Ma'am, please, just stand back.
- 200. - Is that Congressman Stan Cooper?
- Ma'am, please step aside.
- 201. What is he doing in there? Is he wounded?
- 202. Damn it!
- 203. It was just a bright flash
of light right in my eyes.
- 204. It must have ricocheted off the Humvee.
- 205. - My face feels like it's on fire!
- I know, Marcus. Let Shipley take a look.
- 206. Well?
- 207. I can see shapes.
- 208. - It's all blurry.
- Marcus, listen to me, buddy.
- 209. Stop talking and let Shipley
take care of your wounds.
- 210. Just sit back and relax, okay?
We'll be back to check on you. Let's go.
- 211. - Hey, Vic.
- 212. Thanks for dragging me into that Humvee.
- 213. - If I had just been a little bit faster.
- Yeah, forget it.
- 214. It's what we do, right?
We watch each other's six.
- 215. May I have a word with you?
- 216. V? You know what we gotta do.
Go get the gear prepped. Stand by.
- 217. Roger that.
- 218. - What do you want?
- I know we got off on the wrong foot.
- 219. I'd really like to fix that.
You know I got a job to do. So do you.
- 220. Sometimes I can be a little pushy 'cause I'm
one of those people no one wants around.
- 221. If I don't push, I don't get.
Makes me pretty unpopular.
- 222. - So I'm sorry.
- Fair enough.
- 223. Janet Conrad.
- 224. - That Janet Conrad?
- What's that supposed to mean?
- 225. - I think maybe I heard of you.
- Don't start with this jinx nonsense.
- 226. Imbedded in Portacurdey.
- 227. - Obamadad.
- Have a nice day.
- 228. Was that Congressman Cooper
you just brought in?
- 229. - I don't know who you're talking about.
- Congressman Stanford Cooper.
- 230. He's one of the most vocal opponents
of military spending.
- 231. He'd shut this whole
operation down if he could.
- 232. Cut your paycheck, cancel your vacation,
shoot your dog, yet here he is.
- 233. Why?
- 234. Sure sounds like you know
a lot more than I do.
- 235. What's he doing here?
Why are you being so evasive?
- 236. I have a debrief to attend.
- 237. We didn't make it out, huh?
- 238. No.
- 239. - What about the others?
- Some did, some are lying out there.
- 240. Thanks for not leaving me behind.
- 241. Don't mention it, brother.
- 242. Jake?
- 243. Yeah.
- 244. I can't move my legs.
- 245. I'm trying, but...
- 246. I can't feel anything.
- 247. You got a round lodged in your spine.
I stopped the bleeding, but...
- 248. there's really not much more
I could do for now.
- 249. We gonna have to wait
until some folks get here.
- 250. When will that be?
- 251. Soon, I hope, man. Our 119 is shot.
- 252. Can't fix this damn thing.
- 253. Probably we're gonna have
to just wait it out.
- 254. - And you checked the bodies?
- Yes, sir. All of 'em.
- 255. Full of bullet holes. Some of 'em cut up.
- 256. Bodies were all stripped clean
of body armor and weapons.
- 257. They had the bodies stacked up in that
little shop across the street from the hotel.
- 258. Looks to me like it was a real intense,
close-quarter battle. They lost.
- 259. Then we headed over to the hotel.
They had the congressman
- 260. strung up there like a damn worm
on a hook, and we took the bait.
- 261. - Then what?
- Request to speak freely.
- 262. Shoot.
- 263. How in the hell does a non-military
observer like the congressman...
- 264. get authorization to go on some
sightseeing tour in Matubahk
- 265. and then fall into a damn ambush
that is so perfectly laid out
- 266. that not one of the team members
of the personal security detail survives
- 267. or radios for help?
Don't smell right, sir.
- 268. I don't have a good answer
for you, Sergeant Mosby.
- 269. What about the congressman?
Why was he spared?
- 270. Who the hell knows?
Maybe they were planning to stage
- 271. some Internet extravaganza with him
or trade him for something they want.
- 272. They only had him for a day.
Maybe they didn't have any plan at all.
- 273. Maybe.
- 274. All right, sir, look,
as far Chandler and Cannon go...
- 275. If you're talking about
going back into Matubahk today...
- 276. - Negative.
- Why? Those are my men, sir.
- 277. Because I'm short of people
- 278. Here's the deal, Mosby.
- 279. Renegade got hit hard last night,
and they're still under pressure.
- 280. All available air assets
have been committed to that fight.
- 281. In the meantime, I get word a major
Taliban force is headed in our direction.
- 282. If that's the case,
I don't have the people,
- 283. and I don't have the ammo
to stage an effective defense.
- 284. So I am not authorizing
anything outside the wire
- 285. until we get resupplied and reinforced.
- 286. Now go see about your men.
- 287. - All right, when do we go?
- We don't.
- 288. What?
- 289. Colonel says we wait.
- 290. - That doesn't make any sense.
- I know. He's got his reasons.
- 291. - I'm just not sure I'm buying.
- What are you gonna do?
- 292. I'm gonna go ask some questions.
- 293. You stand by. Be ready to move.
- 294. Marcus. You awake, buddy?
- 295. Hey, Vic. Yeah, I'm awake, all right.
- 296. They just gave me a shot
of the good stuff, so it won't be long.
- 297. That's good, buddy. That's good.
You need your rest.
- 298. Well, I'm sorry about Doc and the guys.
- 299. Yeah, yeah, we all are.
- 300. I guess compared to them,
I'm the lucky one.
- 301. I want you to have this.
Maybe it'll do you some good.
- 302. Besides, I heard
there's a jinx in the camp.
- 303. News travels fast, huh?
- 304. You, uh, sure you can spare this?
- 305. Yeah, I'm sure. As long as
you have it, I know you'll be okay.
- 306. All right, buddy. I'll take
real good care of it, all right?
- 307. Congressman?
- 308. It's okay, it's okay.
You're safe, you're safe.
- 309. I'm Sergeant First Class Mosby.
- 310. I was leading the rescue team
this morning, sir.
- 311. It's okay, it's okay. Relax, relax.
- 312. Congressman. Sir.
- 313. I need to know what happened in Matubahk.
- 314. Sir...
- 315. was it an ambush
or was it something else, sir?
- 316. Congressman?
- 317. You're not gonna get anything out of him.
He's been on the hard stuff for a while.
- 318. - Ah, damn it.
- 319. I heard him talking before he passed out.
- 320. He was rambling.
- 321. What'd you hear him say?
- 322. He said a name... two, three times.
- 323. I don't...
- 324. Ab... Abdul Abbat...
- 325. Abdul Azim Abad?
- 326. Sergeant.
- 327. How's your friend?
- 328. Ma'am?
- 329. You keep doggin' me. Why?
- 330. Hey, I thought we were friends now.
- 331. Besides, you're the most
interesting soldier I've met so far.
- 332. Well, you must not be looking too hard.
- 333. Let's call a truce. I'm sure we can find
a happy balance, don't you think?
- 334. You haven't even gotten to know me yet.
- 335. Oh, I think I know you pretty well.
- 336. Let's see.
- 337. Spoiled little rich girl.
- 338. Probably went to Harvard, Yale, Princeton.
- 339. - Mount Saint Agnes.
- Oh, Mount Saint Agnes. Close.
- 340. Uh, you got some heavy hitters
in your background.
- 341. The kind of folks that can push along
your little career in NATO
- 342. to get you exactly
where you want to be fast.
- 343. I'm guessing you're probably
somebody's daughter, granddaughter...
- 344. - Niece.
- 345. - Admiral Willett's.
- Oh, even better.
- 346. That's outstanding. Admiral.
- 347. Well, the admiral must not be
too fond of you if he sent you here.
- 348. You kidding me?
I begged for this assignment.
- 349. But your colonel keeps smothering me.
- 350. It wouldn't do for the lieutenant colonel to
allow you to get your ass shot on his watch.
- 351. - Can you blame him?
- No, but I didn't fly all the way out here
- 352. just to photograph some soldiers washing
their skivvies and playing horseshoes.
- 353. - Hmm.
- I have to ride along on a mission.
- 354. I see. I feel your pain.
- 355. But that is not my call.
- 356. Now, ma'am, if you will excuse me,
- 357. I've got some skivvies to wash.
- 358. It's funny.
- 359. My girl back home is always ragging on me.
- 360. Stress of all this makes her
kind of crazy, you know?
- 361. So yesterday...
I get this letter from her.
- 362. Not a phone call,
just an old-fashioned letter.
- 363. Says she found someone new.
- 364. Someone who...
- 365. could be there for her.
- 366. Someone who wasn't halfway
around the world.
- 367. Didn't think this day could get any worse,
and then this happens.
- 368. I mean, what are the chances, right?
- 369. Listen, you're gonna get a Silver Star
out of this when it's all over,
- 370. and you'll have all
the girlfriends you want.
- 371. Yeah, right.
- 372. Sergeant, Jackson wants to see you.
- 373. - He send you to look for me?
- That's the memo.
- 374. Damn. Stand by.
- 375. Never waste a good cigar.
- 376. Colonel.
- 377. Gents, we got an update
on what happened to our resupply.
- 378. This is Bashir. He's a terp from Renegade.
- 379. Seems Bashir and a specialist by the name
of Tyler were on one of the supply trucks.
- 380. Escort hits an IED ambush
followed by a ground attack.
- 381. Bashir and Tyler take off
cross-country in the truck.
- 382. They reach a point about eight clicks
from here. Truck breaks down.
- 383. Bashir dismounted, walked the rest of
the way in to bring us the information.
- 384. What's the current status?
- 385. Well, Specialist Tyler seems to think that
it's a relatively minor mechanical problem,
- 386. something like a broken fuel line.
- 387. He's standing security there, but he
can't call for help. No radio in the truck.
- 388. Well, QRF from Renegade
should be handling that.
- 389. Yeah, and maybe they haul
his truck back to Renegade.
- 390. We need that fuel and ammo
more than they do right now.
- 391. So I want you to get out there,
find that truck, help Tyler get it fixed
- 392. and roll it back here.
- 393. Take Vasquez, take Jennings.
- 394. Bashir will show you the way.
- 395. - I got one, sir.
- 396. - What about Abdul Azim Abad?
- What about him?
- 397. He's on our top ten hit list of bad guys,
and he's operating in that AO.
- 398. - How do you know that?
- Folks talk in their sleep, sir.
- 399. Look, you might as well know.
- 400. When Congressman Cooper
came up here, he had an agenda.
- 401. The whole idea was to prove that all our
efforts are a big waste of time and money.
- 402. He insisted on visiting an isolated
or abandoned village,
- 403. and we only had one of those in our AO.
- 404. - Matubahk.
- 405. - Now you get out there and find that truck.
- Yes, sir.
- 406. Vic.
- 407. JR?
- 408. If you can't get that truck rolling,
- 409. pull what cargo you can
and blow the rest in place.
- 410. We got very little time and a lot to do.
- 411. Roger that, sir. Let's go, guys.
- 412. Jake?
- 413. I'm burning up, man.
- 414. I know.
- 415. Listen, I gotta go.
- 416. You're not leaving me, are you?
- 417. No. I'm going to get
Doc's med pack and some water.
- 418. Use this. Just don't shoot the wrong guys.
- 419. Roger that.
- 420. All right.
- 421. I'll just wait right here.
- 422. I haven't been out this way
in almost a year.
- 423. Looks like a great place for an ambush.
- 424. Hardly anybody uses it anymore.
It turns into a dirt road just up ahead.
- 425. Let's just try not to hit any IEDs
while we're out here, huh?
- 426. Yeah, you got it.
- 427. - I don't like it.
- How's that?
- 428. Convoy gets hit by a... IED ambush,
- 429. and the one vehicle
that has all the munitions
- 430. and supplies that we need
goes all Evel Knievel and escapes,
- 431. but breaks down before it can get to us.
- 432. You think maybe this is a setup?
- 433. I don't know, V.
- 434. Maybe.
- 435. Hey, look.
- 436. I don't see our boy Tyler yet,
so don't get too close.
- 437. Go ahead, stop.
- 438. Bashir.
- 439. - You know Specialist Tyler, right?
- Yes, Sergeant.
- 440. Go ahead and walk on out there
and call his name.
- 441. Excuse me?
- 442. About halfway between here and there.
- 443. We'll cover you.
- 444. - As you wish.
- Go on.
- 445. Be ready, boys.
- 446. He seems awfully jumpy.
- 447. - I might be too.
- Yeah. Point taken.
- 448. Mr. Tyler?
- 449. Huh?
- 450. - Oh, no, no, no, no, no.
- This is perfect.
- 451. Get back in the truck.
- 452. This is what I came here for.
Don't you try to stop me now.
- 453. I'll wring your scrawny little neck.
- 454. Sounds like fun,
but I don't think my uncle would like it.
- 455. Stay behind me.
- 456. Mr. Tyler, are you still here?
- 457. Freeze right where you are!
- 458. Hands behind your head!
- 459. It's me, Bashir. I brought help.
- 460. Hey, Bashir, buddy.
- 461. I didn't know who it was at first.
- 462. Sorry, man. I was kind of a sitting duck
out here right now, you know?
- 463. I understand completely.
- 464. All right, let's get on with this.
- 465. Brother, am I glad to see you boys.
- 466. - Need a hand, Specialist Tyler?
- Need a fuel line.
- 467. - What makes you think it's a fuel line?
- Well, I'm out of gas, and I shouldn't be.
- 468. Might be a hole in the tank,
but I didn't see one.
- 469. She turns over okay?
- 470. No, everything's in perfect
working order, except...
- 471. - You're out of gas.
- 472. I got more gas than I need
in the back of the truck, but...
- 473. not gonna do anyone any good there.
- 474. All right. Let's go take a look, Jennings.
- 475. Do you mind?
- 476. Could you guys shake hands again?
One more time.
- 477. Oh, that's so good.
- 478. All right, Jennings,
get us out of here ASAP.
- 479. I'll figure it out.
- 480. Oh, dear God.
- 481. Just about to tell you about her.
- 482. Yeah, that too.
- 483. Specialist Tyler...
- 484. could I have a word with you in private?
- 485. Absolutely.
- 486. All right, Specialist...
- 487. lay it on me.
- 488. Well, I lost my escort around 0400 hours.
- 489. I was lucky to have gotten around
the lead vehicle, so I went off-road.
- 490. Figure that's where I picked up
the damage. Radio took a hit.
- 491. About an hour after sunup, she comes
running out in the middle of the road.
- 492. I almost ran her over. She, uh...
hit the ground pretty hard, so I stopped.
- 493. She was a wreck, Sergeant.
She was crying, begging for help.
- 494. Bashir said she wasn't
making any sense, and...
- 495. that's when we discovered
she had that baby hidden there.
- 496. - Anybody chasing her?
- No, I mean, not that we could see.
- 497. I don't even know where she came from.
There's not a lot back in these hills.
- 498. - That's all?
- That's it.
- 499. I mean, you know, without a radio
in the truck, I didn't know what to do.
- 500. And with the baby and all, I just...
just put her out of sight in the back.
- 501. We continued on to Wildside,
then this happened.
- 502. Hmm.
- 503. That's one hell of a story, Specialist.
- 504. It's all true.
- 505. It's just a camera.
We won't hurt you. That's it.
- 506. Tell her.
- 507. - Well?
- It's very hard to interpret.
- 508. She speaks one of the minor languages.
- 509. Sansi, I think. Very hard to make out.
- 510. Great.
- 511. Well, she knows we'll help her,
- 512. or she wouldn't have flagged
Specialist Tyler down.
- 513. Conrad, go back to the other vehicle
and go get her some food and water.
- 514. - What?
- You found your way on this mission.
- 515. Now you're part of it.
Now move your ass. Let's go.
- 516. - Sergeant Jennings?
- 517. Your nickname is Detroit
because you're good with cars, right?
- 518. - That's the rumor.
- Get your butt under this Deuce-and-a-half,
- 519. find the problem so we can
get the hell out of here.
- 520. - I'm on it.
- I'll help you.
- 521. Bashir?
- 522. - Why didn't you tell us about her?
- Sergeant, there are many like her.
- 523. I didn't think it was
of any real importance.
- 524. All I could think of
was helping Mr. Tyler.
- 525. Now, is there anything else
that you have failed to mention to me?
- 526. No, sir. I am very sorry.
- 527. Wow. There's enough gas and ammo
in here to blow us all to hell.
- 528. Or start a small war.
- 529. - Is something wrong?
- I can't find the MREs.
- 530. Thanks.
- 531. That was some crazy stunt
you pulled, Miss Conrad.
- 532. - Why would you do a thing like that?
- Pearls don't lie on the seashore, Detroit.
- 533. If you want one, you gotta dive for it.
- 534. - This one?
- Yeah, that's it.
- 535. Hey.
- 536. I feel kind of naked out here.
You mind sharing?
- 537. I shouldn't.
- 538. But under the circumstances...
- 539. here.
- 540. Thanks.
- 541. - How's it going?
- Nothing yet.
- 542. You give 'em to her.
You're less threatening.
- 543. Less threatening?
- 544. Yeah, you're a lot less threatening.
- 545. Now put that away
and don't shoot yourself and jinx us.
- 546. You're getting your very own article
out of this, Sergeant.
- 547. I can't wait.
- 548. I happen to be an expert marksman.
- 549. Can you say the same?
- 550. Jake. How'd it go?
- 551. Good for now.
- 552. - What's the short of it, Jennings?
- We got a problem.
- 553. - Not that short. Can you fix it?
- I think so.
- 554. I gotta swap out a section
of this line and see if it'll hold.
- 555. And that's it? You'll be done?
- 556. Maybe. I won't know
until I do it and then I test it.
- 557. ETA.
- 558. I gotta cut out the old line first
and then I'll know more.
- 559. Better have some good news for us soon.
- 560. I'd hate to have to blow this truck up.
- 561. - I'm doing my best.
- We know, son.
- 562. Just get it done, Jennings.
We gotta get outta here.
- 563. Okay, Bashir.
- 564. - Let's try this one more time.
- Yes, Sergeant.
- 565. - How's it going back here?
- We're doing fine.
- 566. I think she trusts me.
- 567. Good, because I need you to
check her out medically and otherwise.
- 568. Make sure she's okay
before we take her into Wildside.
- 569. I'll give it a shot.
I don't have any experience at this.
- 570. You.
- 571. Make her understand. I don't care
if you have to act it out or what.
- 572. Yes, sir.
- 573. Don't call me "sir." I work for
a goddamn living. Get in the truck.
- 574. - Got it.
- 575. Well?
- 576. - I gotta cut a piece of line, replace this.
- Don't look like much.
- 577. You'd be surprised how much trouble
a little part can cause.
- 578. Well, don't let me stop you,
Jennings. Get it done.
- 579. - I'll help you cut it.
- I got a saw on the truck.
- 580. Sergeant?
- 581. - Yeah.
- The lady wants you.
- 582. Okay.
- 583. Yeah, what's up?
- 584. Thought you ought to see this.
This is bad.
- 585. Hmm. She been whipped.
- 586. No wonder she wanted to get away.
- 587. Probably punishment for something.
- 588. - Any sign of infection?
- Not that I could see.
- 589. All right. Well, just do
what you can, then, uh...
- 590. check the baby out, make sure he's okay.
- 591. And you, wait here with her, all right?
- 592. - Of course.
- In the truck.
- 593. How's our guest?
- 594. Pretty rough.
Someone whipped the hell out of her,
- 595. but nothing a little time
won't heal, I guess.
- 596. I guess maybe Tyler
did the right thing after all.
- 597. Maybe. Maybe not.
- 598. One thing he was right about...
- 599. We are sitting ducks out here.
- 600. - Contact!
- Heads up!
- 601. Go. Get down.
- 602. How many you think there are?
- 603. Not enough to rush us. Not yet anyway.
- 604. Jennings, Tyler, sitrep!
- 605. - A-okay!
- Good to go!
- 606. - Conrad!
- All good.
- 607. Reload!
- 608. Up!
- 609. Get back here.
- 610. - Vasquez!
- Let me go!
- 611. Stay put.
- 612. What are you trying to do,
get yourself killed?
- 613. You do realize we're sitting
on a powder keg here.
- 614. One wild shot hits those explosives
back there, boom!
- 615. V, I've gotta make it
to that Deuce-and-a-half.
- 616. I'm gonna bring it back here
as a shield for this truck.
- 617. That's suicide, Vic.
- 618. Jennings!
- 619. I gotta make it to your truck
and bring it back here.
- 620. Sergeant, let me go.
- 621. Are you sure you can bring the truck
back alongside this truck?
- 622. - I can try.
- 623. - We'll give as much cover fire as we can.
- Roger that.
- 624. Tyler! You got any
smoke grenades in the back?
- 625. - Negative, Sarge!
- All right, Jennings.
- 626. - Run like the wind, boy. Ready?
- 627. Three, two, one, go!
- 628. Run, run, run!
- 629. Jennings!
- 630. - I'm moving up.
- Go, go!
- 631. Get in the truck.
- 632. Tyler!
- 633. - Reloading!
- I need a mag!
- 634. Heads up!
- 635. Good work, Jennings. All right, Conrad.
- 636. - Let's get baby-mama transferred over.
- Roger that.
- 637. What about me, Mosby?
- 638. - You can still drive, right?
- Hell yeah, I can.
- 639. All right. For now, get your weapon
and put some cover fire on that hillside.
- 640. - Roger that.
- Keep your head down.
- 641. Hey, V, I need you to set
a demo charge on Tyler's truck.
- 642. Use the remote detonators, and we'll
blow it when we're on the road out of here.
- 643. Come on! We're getting out of here.
- 644. You stay here.
I'll get up there, and I'll pull you up.
- 645. You got that? You wait here.
- 646. I go first, okay?
- 647. You're welcome. Get ready.
- 648. Conrad! Check on Conrad.
- 649. Vasquez, med kit now!
- 650. You okay?
- 651. It's just my side.
- 652. I think it's just grazed.
- 653. Heads up.
- 654. Why did it have to be like this?
- 655. You'd be long gone by now
if it wasn't for me.
- 656. No.
- 657. I'm right where I'm supposed to be.
- 658. Your family...
- 659. must worry about you a lot, huh?
- 660. I wouldn't know.
- 661. Oh.
- 662. Sometimes it's good not to know, I guess.
- 663. Works for me.
- 664. Why are you doing this for me?
- 665. I don't know, man.
You kinda remind me of my little brother.
- 666. He always tried to do his best.
I'm just doing mine.
- 667. He's gone now?
- 668. Yeah, Desert Storm.
- 669. I'm sorry my best wasn't good enough.
- 670. If a man does his best,
what else is there?
- 671. We're all set. This thing blows,
there won't be nothing left but the tires.
- 672. Good.
- 673. What happened here?
- 674. Miss Conrad there decided she wanted
to earn herself a Purple Heart.
- 675. Didn't do this on purpose.
- 676. Let's keep that blood pressure down
until I stop this bleeding, huh?
- 677. - Hey, Sergeant?
- 678. Help a girl out?
- 679. - My camera.
- 680. Don't forget to spell my name right
in the photo credits.
- 681. What exactly is your name?
- 682. - Victor.
- 683. Victor Thomas Mosby.
- 684. I'll remember that.
- 685. Okay.
- 686. It sure got quiet all of a sudden.
- 687. Yup.
- 688. Like somebody flipped a switch.
- 689. Wonder why.
- 690. You think it was seeing Miss Conrad?
- 691. Nope. They shot her easy enough.
- 692. - You think it's her?
— I do, V.
- 693. When they saw her, it was all over.
- 694. - But why?
- I don't know.
- 695. But I'm sure she does.
- 696. Grab him, Bashir.
- 697. Poor Mr. Tyler.
- 698. He was so very brave.
- 699. All right, Mr. Bashir.
- 700. Here's what's gonna happen next.
- 701. What do you mean, Sergeant?
- 702. I want to know who that girl is.
- 703. - And I want to know now.
- Sergeant, I already...
- 704. Here's the deal.
- 705. There are dozens of languages
just floating around out here.
- 706. Maybe she knows one of them.
- 707. And we'll never know...
- 708. unless we try.
- 709. Maybe you'll get lucky.
- 710. - Got me?
- Yes, Sergeant.
- 711. Get to it. Go.
- 712. What you thinking about, Jake?
- 713. I'm thinking about trying
to get out of here.
- 714. Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing.
- 715. Any ideas?
- 716. Yeah. I'm gonna go downstairs
and commandeer us a truck.
- 717. Yeah? When you gonna do that?
- 718. Right now.
- 719. Conrad!
- 720. Anything?
- 721. Maybe. Been at it for a while.
- 722. Jennings, how's it going under there?
- 723. Almost there, Sergeant.
- 724. Bashir?
- 725. - Well?
- She speaks some Dani.
- 726. - What'd you find out?
- You'll be very surprised, Sergeant.
- 727. Her name is Jada. She's the daughter-in-law
of the Taliban leader, Abdul Azim Abad.
- 728. - A very powerful, very evil man.
- Yeah, we know who he is.
- 729. And that is his only grandson.
- 730. - Well, how about that.
- You think she's telling the truth?
- 731. You saw how those rebels reacted
when they got a look at her.
- 732. They fell back like
their asses were on fire.
- 733. Well... I think she's telling the truth.
- 734. And if she is telling the truth...
- 735. - she's worth her weight in gold.
- What are you saying?
- 736. Sergeant Jennings...
soon as you get finished under there,
- 737. I want you in the front of the vehicle.
I want you in the rear of the vehicle.
- 738. I want you guys to keep your eyes open
and your heads down.
- 739. Now that they know we have her,
this isn't the end of it.
- 740. Roger that.
- 741. V, let's go for a walk.
- 742. What's on your mind, Vic?
- 743. What's on my mind is Cannon and Chandler.
- 744. They're waiting on us back in Matubahk.
- 745. - Oh, no.
- Oh, yeah. Just hear me out.
- 746. Vic, you can't be thinking
what I'm thinking.
- 747. Look... Old Abdul's
- 748. she's our ticket to waltz
right back in to Matubahk,
- 749. extract our boys
without even firing a shot.
- 750. Are you serious?
- 751. You would use that lady
and her baby as a human shield?
- 752. Of course not.
- 753. I'd just have 'em along,
keep things peaceful, civilized.
- 754. - That's insane.
- Is it?
- 755. I got a truck sitting right there
- 756. with enough firepower to blow old Abdul
and his boys to kingdom come.
- 757. Now I got two things that he really wants.
- 758. - This will cost you big.
- You kidding me?
- 759. I'm already out 60 bucks.
- 760. - Beeline.
- This is COP Wildside. Identify yourself.
- 761. Beeline, this is Overwatch
waiting for extraction.
- 762. Copy, Overwatch. Message received.
- 763. Colonel, this just came in.
- 764. Well, thank Christ. I swear,
Chandler's got more lives than a cat.
- 765. - Make sure I see all the traffic on this.
- Yes, sir.
- 766. All right, everybody, listen up.
- 767. This is what's gonna happen.
- 768. Sergeant Jennings...
- 769. very carefully, is going to take
everybody back to Wildside.
- 770. I'm going to take command
of Tyler's vehicle.
- 771. - Roger that.
- As soon as you arrive at Wildside,
- 772. I want you to inform Colonel Jackson
that I elected to take a slight detour
- 773. and reunite this young lady
and her baby with her family,
- 774. and that I will be following
- 775. - All right, anybody have any questions?
- Yeah. Hell yeah.
- 776. Sorry, Conrad, we're out of time.
- 777. Detroit.
- 778. - You're in charge now.
- 779. I can't leave you sitting
in the brig all by your lonesome.
- 780. Who'd you have to boss around?
- 781. Thanks.
- 782. All right, let's gear up and move out.
- 783. Get timers and blasting caps.
- 784. Here.
- 785. - Five minutes.
- Meet you in the square.
- 786. Rich. Rich, wake up, man.
- 787. Cavalry's just arrived. Be ready.
- 788. Don't run out on me, little brother.
We're almost home, ya hear?
- 789. Well... that answers one of my questions.
- 790. And that answers the other.
- 791. Halfway back up the street, right side.
- 792. Rooftop, Sergeant Chandler.
- 793. I can hardly wait to see
what happens next.
- 794. Let's get to it.
- 795. Oh, look, proud grandpa.
- 796. At least I hope he is.
- 797. You should. Your life depends on it.
- 798. Good luck, buddy.
- 799. Hey, who needs luck when you've got a...
- 800. rabbit's foot?
- 801. Here we go.
- 802. How.
- 803. Very amusing, Sergeant.
- 804. Just like I figured.
Educated in the States.
- 805. Four years Liberal Arts. Scholarship.
- 806. - You?
- Four years, high school.
- 807. All right, have your men put
their weapons on the ground,
- 808. put their hands behind their head...
- 809. and then we'll get
this whole matter all...
- 810. wrapped up, nobody gets hurt.
- 811. You truly are a very funny man.
- 812. Well...
- 813. your daughter-in-law
sure seems to think so.
- 814. And what a handsome grandson you have.
- 815. Yup, he has your eyes, all right.
- 816. He is very dear to me.
- 817. My only son Emir
was killed not too long ago.
- 818. Very tragic.
- 819. And you think your son Amir
would approve of you whipping Jada?
- 820. She made some bad decisions.
- 821. Interesting.
- 822. An animal's foot...
- 823. for good fortune?
- 824. Well, you'd have to ask
the rabbit about that.
- 825. Get Jada and my grandson to me now...
- 826. and I'll let you go.
- 827. Is that your best offer?
- 828. Okay, then. Stand by.
- 829. Well?
- 830. - Let her go.
- 831. Let her go. What choice do we have?
- 832. Rot in hell, motherfucker!
- 833. Get back!
- 834. Reload!
- 835. Vasquez, blow it!
- 836. Come on, come on.
- 837. Detonator fail!
- 838. You know...
- 839. we're gonna be in
a lot of trouble for all this.
- 840. Probably.
- 841. Most definitely.
- 842. I, uh...
- 843. I just want to say, uh...
- 844. thank you.
- 845. And?
- 846. You're not a jinx.
- 847. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.
- 848. - Besides, my uncle is an admiral.
- That's right, he is.
- 849. So maybe you could put a good word in
for me. I'm definitely gonna need it.
- 850. I could be persuaded.
- 851. Your exclusive story rights.
- 852. All right, you win.
What do you need from me?
- 853. Well, we could start
with a big hero smile.
- 854. Okay.
- 855. All right.
- 856. Okay.
- 857. Right here.
- 858. Ohh.
- 859. Man, what kept you, Vic?
You still sore about that 50 bucks?
- 860. Nope, and it's 60.
- 861. Oh, you gonna be like that now?
After all the times I saved your life.
- 862. - All the times you saved my life?
- That's what people say.
- 863. Yeah, right, and you don't call no more.
- 864. You know why?
- 865. We done broke the comms
in all this excitement.
- 866. Yeah, well...
it was a very long day, brother.
- 867. You know what?
- 868. When you get a minute someday,
you're gonna have to tell me about it.
- 869. After you pay me my 60 bucks.
- 870. - Where's Cannon?
- He up there.
- 871. Yeah.
- 872. Good to see ya.
- 873. - Sergeant Chandler?
- Yes, ma'am.
- 874. Are you really as good
as they all say you are?
- 875. Every once in a while.