- 1. There's a fire in the
sky in the morning
- 2. when the Sun is a
- 3. And the earth is glowing
like a burning ember.
- 4. Who's land is this?
This is my land.
- 5. See the shadow of
the eagle in the sunrise
- 6. hear the music of the children
- 7. in the moon rise
feel the power of the lion
- 8. when he roars like thunder
- 9. calling who's land is this?
This is my land.
- 10. Who's land is this?
This is my land.
- 11. Okay Pat, hello girl..
O my, what are you doing?
- 12. What's that rogue
Togar doing here?
- 13. God Togar, why today of all days.
- 14. Okay, come on let's play chase.
- 15. The closer we get,
the more excited I get.
- 16. It should be great
to see him after three years.
- 17. Yeah, I couldn't believe how fast he
split for Africa after he got his grant.
- 18. And the zoo let him take
the little cubs he raised.
- 19. You'd think he'd
take the kids he raised!
- 20. Well he was going to send for us
but he said it was too dangerous.
- 21. He certainly didn't leave
because he didn't love us.
- 22. You know how
depressed he used to get..
- 23. with his cats being kept
in cages all the time.
- 24. - I wonder where he is..
- Why don't we find our own way there?
- 25. - You're joking!
- Where could he be?
- 26. Why, you guys wait till my family get
here tonight. Are they gonna love you!
- 27. - Sorry Hank.
- And I thought you came to help me.
- 28. I did. I come to speak for
you with that committee..
- 29. And take you to pick up your family.
- 30. Well, come on shore awhile.
- 31. Are you crazy? The committee is on
their way here to review your grant.
- 32. Monster..
- 33. Come on. You gotta
help me clean the house.
- 34. Not today! Today doesn't
seem like a good date coming.
- 35. Hey, where you going?
- 36. Not my jacket!
- 37. Throw it here!
Come on over here.
- 38. - Stay there.
- How's she's doing?
- 39. This is a madhouse.
- 40. No, it's just like life you
get the funny with the tragic.
- 41. Just with them you get the
gentle and the ferocious too.
- 42. Be careful of the bad
and enjoy the good.
- 43. You aren't careful enough.
- 44. For my studies I have to get
as close to them as possible.
- 45. No actually,
the closer you get to them
- 46. the more they like you,
the safer you'd be.
- 47. - But look, it's going to jump on us!
- Oh no no no..
- 48. They're just playing...
- 49. They like to play the
cat and mouse game.
- 50. Here, I'll cover you
O, big Joe...
- 51. No, if you just look at them...
- 52. - Or you run at them, roar
- O god... no look
- 53. What?
Na-aah-ah, you leave him alone!
- 54. Oh, that's Johnny lion.
You never have to worry about John.
- 55. Are you scaring him?
- 56. You know you're gotta
watch out for Mark...
- 57. No, he's okay.
- 58. This is Charlie.
- 59. And you gotta watch out
for Barry, okay?
- 60. - It's just playing, I'm tellin' ya!
- But you could get killed!
- 61. The cats got a little
excited, that's all.
- 62. Are you okay?
- 63. Oh Mativo, there's Robbie.
You've never met Robbie...
- 64. He's always out guarding
his borders in the daytime.
- 65. And you're always too afraid to
come and visit me at night...
- 66. You know, he is the
nicest cat in the world.
- 67. And he's also the top cat here.
- 68. No, he's the boss,
I work for him.
- 69. Hey Rob, Wauw Wauw..
Well come here.
- 70. I want you to meet Mativo.
- 71. See, actually it's Robbie
I'm worried about...
- 72. Their whole life is eh...
based on dominance...
- 73. That why we have such a
great harmony here.
- 74. Because Robbie is such
a gentle and loving ruler.
- 75. He also knows he has to
protect the others from outsiders...
- 76. Right now he's very
worried about Togar.
- 77. He's also worried that if the others
see that he's worried or afraid...
- 78. That then they start challenging him,
like they've been each other all day.
- 79. No matter how afraid
he is at this moment...
- 80. He still knows he has
to see this through.
- 81. The whole meaning of
life is before him, Mativo.
- 82. - That's why you have to help me.
- Help what?
- 83. - Why?
- Because I have to help him, Mativo.
- 84. And he could get killed!
- 85. Don't worry, I'm
gonna help you.
- 86. I .. I don't think you
should count on me...
- 87. But only yesterday they
were so happy.
- 88. Now look at them.
- 89. Finally on the verge
of finding paradise
- 90. And the only thing
lacking is my family...
- 91. To share it with me and
Togar comes in and wrecking it!
- 92. Here comes trouble.
It's the grand committee.
- 93. But Prentis is with them.
- 94. Listen' my friend,
let me talk for you.
- 95. Good morning everybody
- 96. I like to open this meeting
by reminding you all...
- 97. That eh... Hank's
- 98. Was a comparative study of
the great cats of the world.
- 99. And while preserving
the African cats...
- 100. In their natural habitat,
he would raise several cats...
- 101. .. of each species.
- 102. Be they African or otherwise.
- 103. And to become almost
like a member of the pride.
- 104. Hey it has stripes. It must be
another tiger or a liger.
- 105. The mother is a lioness
the father must be a tiger.
- 106. Say hello to Henry
the jaguar would ya?
- 107. Not today!
- 108. What are you trying to prove, that you
can have lions socializing with people?
- 109. No, but we can't keep
- 110. We can't keep eliminating their land.
- 111. We can't keep exterminating everything
that we fear or that inconveniences us.
- 112. Let the Zoos keep them alive.
- 113. Prentis, your actions aren't necessary.
- 114. The government knows
there's a better way.
- 115. They're moving the people
out of the migration paths.
- 116. I don't know what kind of person
could look in the eyes at 200 elephants
- 117. And put out those lights ...
- 118. They'd run franticly and panic...
- 119. Do you think your
lions would run in panic?
- 120. Well, you'd better start with me first.
- 121. No, I'll start with
the tigers first...
- 122. That'll teach you for
bringing them to Africa!
- 123. I gotta go help your uncle's
they are killing each other.
- 124. Stop It..
- 125. Togar!
- 126. You stay out of it, you
let Robbie take care of him.
- 127. Yeah, you guys are smart,
you stay out of it.
- 128. Oh great..
- 129. Hey Tommy, Jimmy
Oh you all hiding here
- 130. Oh I don't blame ya.
All those those guys are fighting.
- 131. That's my Jacket!
- 132. Hank!
- 133. Hank!
- 134. Come on go in the house
and get some bandages.
- 135. No!
- 136. Oh what the hell's wrong with
you, all you got's a few scratches.
- 137. You're lucky I told
her, I didn't get ya.
- 138. I think you should take a bus.
- 139. It goes right by there..
- 140. Oh no, I think we should wait.
- 141. No, if you wait until tonight
and he doesn't come...
- 142. There's no other bus for 2 days and
there's no place for you to stay here.
- 143. - Oh what do we do?
- Will he know where to take us?
- 144. Hey, she's dry.
- 145. Alice has no milk.
- 146. Listen, I have to go change.
- 147. - I'll go wait in my boat
- 148. Oh. Maybe I come with you?
- 149. - What we do now?
- Just stand up to them.
- 150. Don't let them get
away with anything...
- 151. You gotta let them see
how strong you are...
- 152. Come on lions we have to clean
the house of Madelaine.
- 153. Come on lions
- 154. Come on Diane come on, go.
Come on Patrick..
- 155. Are you sure there aren't
anymore big ones in here?
- 156. Well, hello Gary.
- 157. Whoa, why didn't you go with ...
Why didn't you go with your friends?
- 158. Come on, you should
go with your friends...
- 159. Oh, come on.
- 160. You really changed this place.
New curtains, new drapes..
- 161. New everything!
- 162. Come on go with your friends.
Wauw, come on.
- 163. Oh yes,
- 164. Come on..
- 165. Why, don't worry baby,
Robbie can handle Togar.
- 166. Your father is
tougher than you think!
- 167. Wauw.. Oh come on
you're hurt my hand.
- 168. See, my hand hurt.
- 169. Come on!
Come on baby.
- 170. Wauw!
- 171. I've seen that rogue Togar
as far away as 200 miles.
- 172. This is the first time he's come in.
- 173. I have a hunch that Robbie
and Togar could be brothers.
- 174. You know Bugsy and
Robbie we're both rogue lions.
- 175. I found them dying
from battle wounds
- 176. Now if Togar were sick or dying...
- 177. These guys would probably except him
- 178. - But the way he is now...
- 179. But he can't help that. As a loner
he's too slow to catch his normal diner.
- 180. And the hungrier he gets,
the more desperate he'll get.
- 181. And the more desperate he gets,
the more ferocious he gets.
- 182. Because the only way he
can eat most of the time...
- 183. Is by taking his meals
from whole prides alliance.
- 184. You've got to be pretty
ferocious to do that!
- 185. Sooner or later he's gonna get killed.
- 186. Come on, Gary!
- 187. Billie!
- 188. Whoa, don't try touching me!
- 189. Leave that alone!
- 190. That's my Jacket...
- 191. Give me that..
- 192. Hey Hank, come and help me.
- 193. Give my jacket!
That's my jacket..
- 194. Help!
- 195. Help!
- 196. - They almost killed me
- You know you're not supposed to run.
- 197. My head knew it,
but my feet didn't.
- 198. Oh, hi babe.
- 199. - Putt them out!
- They're trying to stay away from Togar.
- 200. - Come on.
- Why'd they have to be in here?
- 201. Why this open-door policy
you have in here, anyway?
- 202. All the doors are closed
except for here..
- 203. And the bathroom
- 204. There's nothing they can
tear up here or the bathroom.
- 205. - Putt them out!
- Mativo, this is their home!
- 206. What do you think you're
running, a country club for lions?
- 207. Come on, sit down here...
- 208. Sit down, you're okay!
- 209. Sit down. You're okay.
- 210. Hey, no more fighting!
- 211. Come here.
Oooh, sit down you're okay.
- 212. These stupid lions
are frightening me.
- 213. And you're going to bring
Madelaine and the children to this?
- 214. This would be great for them
- 215. Not boxed in, like back in Chicago.
- 216. Hey, wait a minute...
- 217. I just thought he
had a cataract start.
- 218. Oh, That's Billy he's great
- 219. They're right. You must be
- 220. I couldn't last a day.
You expect her to sleep with the lions, are you?
- 221. What do you care if
I sleep with my wife?
- 222. Mom, do you know that a man can
have as many wives as he wants to, here?
- 223. And what does that supposed to mean?
- 224. I mean, how could you be
away from dad for so long?
- 225. You know that your father
and I were having problems
- 226. And we thought it would be
better to be apart for a while.
- 227. You know absence makes
the heart grow fonder.
- 228. The heart maybe,
but what about the sex glands?
- 229. Sex is all you think
about lately young lady...
- 230. You'd better watch it. You're
gonna get your little tail in trouble.
- 231. Someday I hope you'll understand the
beauty of restraint and self-denial.
- 232. Well, I hope it wasn't restraint and
self-denial that drove dad away...
- 233. Hey Mativo, you know what my kids
used to do every time I started to sing?
- 234. They'd hold their
hands over their ears...
- 235. And say oh no!
Or they turn on a radio.
- 236. Hey Hank.
Don't let them in the boat
- 237. You're crazy!
- 238. I think, he said it's
just over the hill.
- 239. I can't steer.
- 240. I think were sinking.
- 241. Abandon ship!
- 242. Hey Mativo...
- 243. Hey Mativo climb
out over that way.
- 244. Don't swim,
they'll get you.
- 245. Mom, come here look...
- 246. It's fantastic!
- 247. Yeah, Dad!
- 248. Dad?
- 249. Hank?
- 250. Hello?
- 251. Hank?
- 252. Dad?
- 253. We're here...
- 254. Dad?
- 255. Oh dear...
- 256. Hey Dad?
- 257. Hank?
- 258. - This is really a nice place.
- Come on up this place is really wild.
- 259. Oh, I'll give anything
for some sleep.
- 260. Oh, I don't understand...
- 261. Is that a tarantula?
- 262. - You simple-minded jerk!
- Stop that!
- 263. Oh my God!
- 264. Where could he be?
- 265. Jerry, run it up at all the windows
- 266. Then we will dust everything
and surprise your father.
- 267. Hey a motorcycle.
- 268. I saw a thing,
I think it was a pelican.
- 269. it's a Kawasaki!
- 270. Holy mackerel!
Look at that...
- 271. I don't believe what I'm seeing
- 272. Those can't be Dad's lions.
- 273. Oh God, look what the cat dragged in!
- 274. Melanie?
Mom, get in here...
- 275. Get in here.
- 276. Jerry?
- 277. - Where's Mom and Mel?
- They're downstairs, come on...
- 278. What the heck is going on down there.
- 279. - Alright we got trouble.
- Where they all come from?
- 280. Nice lion.
- 281. Oh.
- 282. - Now honey you alright?
- Yeah, but I'm scared mom.
- 283. Oh, I know honey so am I
- 284. Oh, honey stay here,
I will get the boys.
- 285. - Help
- 286. I'm in here.
- 287. John, you are alright?
- 288. Where is Jerry?
- 289. Help!
- 290. Jerry..
- 291. Oh god.
- 292. - Are you alright?
- You could have suffocated!
- 293. - You could've died, dummy.
- Shut up I almost died.
- 294. What kind of jerk would
hide himself in an icebox?
- 295. Get me outta here!
- 296. Help, mom!
- 297. Jerry!
- 298. - Get me outta here.
- Come on, one - two - three.
- 299. Maybe there's some guns around here.
We gotta find a gun...
- 300. I think we have to
split while we can.
- 301. Yeah, sure with eight-thousand
lions and tigers outside...
- 302. Well, if we stay here we'll
end up being eaten alive.
- 303. We're not going to get eaten.
- 304. When dad gets here he'll
show us how to handle them.
- 305. Until then we just
board up the windows.
- 306. - Wait a minute who voted you in?
- I did.
- 307. I suppose you want
to make a run for it?
- 308. Right, I'll take the
motorcycle and go get help.
- 309. I know bikes and I know
the road we came in on.
- 310. That's not gonna help, that's letting
you escape and leaving us here.
- 311. Give me your handkerchief, John.
- 312. Oh, I wanna go home.
- 313. Madelaine is gonna kill me.
- 314. It'll go much faster faster if you go
up there and borrow some bicycles.
- 315. - Okay!
- I'll take the tigers out.
- 316. Go around the back of the village.
- 317. Don't tell me he said ... you said
- 318. I'm not interested in your bitterness.
- 319. Who asked you to go over there?
- 320. I can go on any property to kill animals
that I deem are a danger to human lives.
- 321. Don't tell me you
care about his family!
- 322. I'm telling you there'll
be no culling of cats,
- 323. elephants or any animal ever again.
- 324. Well, you should've been at that madhouse
and seen those cats this morning.
- 325. I don't care what you've seen.
- 326. You're not going to go out
there and slaughtering animals.
- 327. Recall elephants if
there are so many
- 328. Prentis, you're completely out of line.
- 329. you are not going
to kill those cats.
- 330. You can tell me what
you're gonna do...
- 331. And you can tell me what the rest
of this committee is gonna do, Rick.
- 332. But I'll be damned if you're gonna
tell me what I'm gonna do.
- 333. - We can't escort 2 tigers.
- Well, I try to make them go home.
- 334. How come they're not doing
what you're telling them?
- 335. Well, they're not trained cats
they're just friends.
- 336. Stay off my path...
- 337. Come on, where you're going?
Come on down.
- 338. You go, I'm not going.
- 339. You know, you're right.
- 340. I can't go to the airport with them,
they'd go right in with me.
- 341. Hey, I got an idea for ya...
- 342. Hang down off that branch,
let your feet hang down here...
- 343. What?
- 344. Kick your feet they'll jump right up
and try to get ya and they'll stay here.
- 345. - I can sneak away.
- No no, I'll not doing that.
- 346. Listen ...
- 347. Take your shirt off, okay?
- 348. And dangle it down.
- 349. Hold it by the sleeve.
- 350. There you go.
- 351. Hurry back!
- 352. Why did you bring us here?
We're just gonna die!
- 353. No, we are not going to die!
- 354. Your father's gonna be
here soon and it'll be all over.
- 355. Well, why isn't he here now,
he knew we were coming?
- 356. You can bellyache all you
want about him staying away
- 357. but if he isn't here
it's because he's dead
- 358. and he's not coming, I know it.
- 359. Boy I've been waiting
to do this for a long time.
- 360. Don't you think we should wait?
- 361. We shouldn't allow anything
smaller than a 30.6 for Lions.
- 362. Have you seen my wife and children?
- 363. No, I didn't see them
- 364. I saw a lady and three children.
- 365. I told them to catch the bus.
- 366. What time?
- 367. It was just about 10:30.
- 368. Let me borrow your car.
- 369. No, I don't have a car.
- 370. Leonard?
- 371. Oh Leonard...
Leonard ... Leonard.
- 372. Okay..
- 373. Come on putt your
bike in the truck.
- 374. They must be in the house already,
they took the bus yesterday.
- 375. Nikki get in the car.
Come on get in back.
- 376. Come on Craig get in with us
Come on Craig that's a good boy.
- 377. Yeah, it's a good boy,
- 378. He's trying to close me in the trunk!
- 379. Hey, come on get in...
- 380. Hey, well.. come on. Get in!
- 381. You're crazy, with them in the back?
They'll bite my head off.
- 382. Either get in or walk,
cause I'm going...
- 383. Make them walk!
Hank, this is madness.
- 384. If somebody sees them this far
from my place, they'll shoot them.
- 385. Don't fool yourself!
These are your friends, huh?
- 386. And do you know what your friends up
over are doing to your family right now?
- 387. they are making diner of them.
- 388. - They're eating them!
- Mativo, shut up!
- 389. They're sitting around eating
them cracking their bones...
- 390. - Shut up!
- They're licking their bones clean.
- 391. Shut up!
- 392. - Who are you?
- Come on!
- 393. - Hey, don't go so fast it's too bumpy.
- I have to Mativo.
- 394. By the way
- 395. Do they know that
they should not run?
- 396. You should've sent them a list of rules
and regulations before they came.
- 397. Argh, poor Leonard's...
- 398. Let's get out of here.
- 399. I think Melanie was right.
Let's go take the boat.
- 400. Jerry, you go first, go ahead.
- 401. Jerry, you're rowing the wrong way...
- 402. Boy that was close..
- 403. Get away!
Get away from me!
- 404. Help me!
- 405. Help me!
- 406. Oh, less than 10 miles to go
and we're stuck!
- 407. - What's wrong?
- The jack wont wont in the sand..
- 408. And the more I dig the
more the car slides...
- 409. - Then I'll have to run.
- But you know you're not supposed to run.
- 410. You hold the Tigers back would you?
So that they don't tackle me.
- 411. - What?
- Just use this...
- 412. Use this!
Look like that..
- 413. Hey, Prentis, did you see that?
I got him right in the neck.
- 414. Sooner or later the
lions are gonna get us
- 415. I'm gonna go for help.
- 416. Okay, let's go see if the other
doors in the house are secure.
- 417. - John!
- I'm gonna get help.
- 418. - And leave us here?
- I tell you it's suicide...
- 419. Good luck, son!
- 420. Oh no...
- 421. Ah, get out here...
- 422. Open the door!
- 423. Go on, get out of here!
Leave it, go on, leave it!
- 424. - Jerry, open the door! Come on.
- You think I'm crazy?
- 425. What kinda jerk would go
off the roof on a motorcycle?
- 426. Get off of her!
- 427. Hey what are you
doing on the floor?
- 428. John, I can't get my leg out.
- 429. Come on help her, I hold 'm.
I hold 'm.
- 430. Melanie come here...
- 431. Oh.
O my goodness!
- 432. - Jerry help your sister.
- He just trying to kiss her.
- 433. Do it, open the door!
- 434. You think we have
- 435. I've got plenty in this
belt and thirty in the other.
- 436. Remember where all the cheetahs,
leopards and tiger drop..
- 437. We skin them on the way back.
- 438. The Lions are worthless,
leave them for the hyena's
- 439. Mom, go over the tread...
- 440. Come on Mom...
- 441. See mom, there's another house.
It's completely safe
- 442. That's a good thing because
I can't walk another step.
- 443. I'm so tired,
my legs just buckle under me
- 444. I just have to sleep for a while...
- 445. Oh Donny lion...
- 446. Oh Donny...
- 447. Come on my friend, get up!
I'll make sure they are?
- 448. Togar get away!
- 449. Oh you... poor stupid jerks!
- 450. Togar, get away...
- 451. Let's try to get them outside.
- 452. I do not think they are
trying to hurt us at all.
- 453. Melanie, John get away
from those lions.
- 454. Mom, if they wanted to get us they
would have done while we were asleep.
- 455. Make sure that his
mother is not around.
- 456. They are really friendly.
- 457. Oh she's beautiful, isn't she?
- 458. They're really friendly.
- 459. Togar!
- 460. Madelaine!
- 461. John!
- 462. Hello Lion
- 463. Togar! Togar! Togar!
- 464. Madelaine!
- 465. Hey you guys stay away for a while..
- 466. Hey, kids how are ya?
- 467. Wauw oh... oh ... oh
- 468. I better go help your mom.
- 469. Hey, Lynn get off.
Come on get up.
- 470. Don't hit her Jerry, hug her
she wants you to hold her.
- 471. Are you okay.
I'm so happy you're here.
- 472. You're okay
- 473. - Don't worry!
- 474. Oh, I sure love you.
Oh I love you too!
- 475. Hey... Listen don't say anything
about Prentis okay?
- 476. But he was killing our lions
- 477. I don't want you to say
anything about that either.
- 478. It will spoil the reunion.
I will tell them later.
- 479. Listen, I want you to meet my
family. This is my wife Madelaine.
- 480. This my son John.
- 481. This is my daughter Melanie.
- 482. My son Jerry.
Come on this way.
- 483. Listen, I have a surprise for you.
Why? We are glad to see you.
- 484. Whaddya all do wearing my clothes?
- 485. Oh No, what happened?
- 486. Get back, they're lively and
they all want to meet you.
- 487. We already met them...
- 488. Isn't this fantastic!
- 489. What do ya think,
you guys gonna stay a while?
- 490. Sure dad. I don't have to be back
in Chicago before next week.