- 1. Good evening,
this is Angela Vidal speaking.
- 2. Tonight, as usual,
we will share this time...
- 3. Just a second...
- 4. - Where does the shot cut?
- Down here.
- 5. Down here? You can't see my...
This hand, right?
- 6. - No.
- 7. Wait, cut.
- 8. Good evening,
this is Angela Vidal speaking.
- 9. Today on "While you're
asleep" we are accompanying
- 10. a team of firemen on
their nightly rounds.
- 11. I'm out of breath...
- 12. Good evening,
this is Angela Vidal speaking.
- 13. Tonight on "While you're asleep"
we'll accompany a team of firemen
- 14. on their rounds through the city.
- 15. Not only that, but we'll see
things never before revealed:
- 16. how they live, sleep, what they eat...
- 17. We'll get an inside look
at this fire station.
- 18. Join us for "While you're asleep."
- 19. - Okay.
- 20. If this is a pain in the ass, just cut, okay?
I don't want to waste the tape.
- 21. Andreu,
- 22. you're the boss, right?
- 23. - Yes.
- The organizer...
- 24. I'm in charge of this shift, both inside
the fire house and out fighting fires.
- 25. This is our helmet.
It's a full face helmet.
- 26. You can put it on, it's clean.
- 27. I'm going to be the heroine
of "While you're asleep".
- 28. - Should we put them on?
- It's easy.
- 29. You're all so huge, aren't you?
- 30. We're big, yes. These are the boots.
- 31. Our pants are inside the boots.
- 32. Like in the cartoons, right?
You jump right in them!
- 33. The cartoons copied us,
not the other way around.
- 34. I'm a firefighter.
- 35. Well, let's see if...
- 36. if there's a call.
- 37. - Yeah.
- Will you let me go with you?
- 38. - Of course.
- 39. - It's like a lottery.
- A what?
- 40. A lottery.
- 41. We might get a call, we might not.
- 42. We'll see if we do...
- 43. You'll see, I'll help you out.
- 44. - Perfect.
- 45. We're going to the dining room.
It's dinner time.
- 46. - Will they mind if I come in?
- No, not at all.
- 47. - We can try that...
- They know you're here.
- 48. that delicious food
that firemen make.
- 49. - Exactly. Very good.
- Let's go.
- 50. Be careful! You'll hurt yourself.
- 51. - Let's go to the dining room.
- This way.
- 52. Hello.
- 53. Bon appétit! Enjoy your meal.
- 54. This is Manu and Alex,
they will join you this evening.
- 55. Nice to meet you. Please,
keep eating. My name's Angela.
- 56. We'll accompany you tonight.
- 57. Finish eating, we'll see you later.
- 58. - Do you want to go to the museum?
- Yes, after you.
- 59. Turn around.
- 60. I think I'll put it in your pocket.
- 61. Won't it bother you
when you put on your belt?
- 62. I don't think so.
If it does, we can move it.
- 63. Here you have to do everything.
- 64. - Let's see...
- Is this right?
- 65. - Say something.
- One, two...
- 66. - Hello, hello...
- Okay, keep going.
- 67. A little more.
- 68. Hello, my name is Manu and
tonight the TV is here.
- 69. - We'll have fun... I don't know.
- 70. - Ready?
- A tiny step to your right.
- 71. You know what?
I'm going to change sides.
- 72. - If you don't mind. It's my hair.
- You're here?
- 73. So, Alex, tell us what a normal night
is like here in the fire house.
- 74. A normal night is pretty
- 75. - Normal?
- Yes, normal.
- 76. People think we run around
putting out fires, but...
- 77. around 70% of the calls we get
are for other types of services.
- 78. - Like what?
- For example,
- 79. broken water mains, or pet rescue, too.
Even though it sounds cliché, it's true.
- 80. Or to...
- 81. This will sound terrible,
but I'd love the alarm to ring now
- 82. and everyone to run off.
- 83. - I don't want anything to happen.
- Let's hope not.
- 84. I mean, just to go with you,
to see what your real work is like.
- 85. - Don't get me wrong.
- No, no. I understand.
- 86. - It's more interesting for you.
- So we can show it.
- 87. It's more exciting...
Let's hope nothing happens.
- 88. That everything is fine
and nothing happens.
- 89. - A routine call, right?
- 90. So, that's a fireman's life.
Waiting, passing time.
- 91. Watching movies...
- 92. - in the living room, right Alex?
- Let's go there.
- 93. Okay.
- 94. I can't take it.
- 95. What should we do?
Should we go to reception?
- 96. - All right.
- 97. We should do something, right?
- 98. How exciting!
- 99. Okay.
- 100. - Hello. Good evening.
- Good evening.
- 101. Finally! Women in the fire station.
- 102. Where are you going?
- 103. - I'm sorry...
- Don't be embarrassed.
- 104. Time's going by...
- 105. and it gets quieter.
There's no one here.
- 106. The dining room is empty.
- 107. They're clean.
- 108. Here they're sleeping.
- 109. When the alarm rings,
- 110. they jump out of bed...
- 111. and slide down here.
- 112. The fire trucks are down there.
- 113. We saw them before.
- 114. It takes them 3 minutes...
- 115. to get up.
- 116. - We got to go. The siren.
- We'll finish this later.
- 117. We were winning!
- 118. Person trapped in apartment,
in need of rescue.
- 119. Come on, Pablo.
- 120. Bravo 128, open main doors,
- 121. What'll we do?
- 122. I can't slide down with the camera.
- 123. Let's go that way. Run.
- 124. - It's all ready. They're really fast.
- We're use to it.
- 125. You back there.
On the other side.
- 126. I don't know if I can...
- 127. It's stuck.
- 128. - Let's go.
- Let's go.
- 129. Move your legs faster!
One, two, one, two...
- 130. Jose's driving.
- 131. Alex and Manu are the firemen
we will accompany this evening.
- 132. We're going to follow them,
and as we've seen
- 133. it's not always fires
that gets them all moving,
- 134. because the entire team goes out.
- 135. Even if it's stopping a water leak, or
helping someone out of their apartment,
- 136. or a fire...
Don't you put on the...
- 137. what's it called... the alarm?
- 138. We don't normally use it for services
like these because it's not urgent.
- 139. But if you want,
we can put it on, no problem.
- 140. - What do you think?
- No, I don't think so.
- 141. - I don't think it matters.
- Well... whatever.
- 142. What's your show called?
- 143. "While you're asleep".
- 144. "While you're asleep"?
Then who watches it?
- 145. We have to do another take.
I said alarm, not siren.
- 146. Did it make sense? Alarm...
- 147. Ready? Come on.
- 148. - Let's go.
- Let's go.
- 149. What are you taking with you?
- 150. Different tools. We have
everything here in this case,
- 151. tools to open locks and doors.
- 152. We're here with Alex and Manu.
- 153. We're almost at the house
that called for help.
- 154. The police are here.
We can see a police car.
- 155. Maybe it's more serious
than we thought.
- 156. - We'll find out soon.
- No, I don't think it is.
- 157. Let's go in.
- 158. Good evening.
- 159. We have been waiting in
here for over an hour.
- 160. A woman was screaming.
- 161. We were called so we came over.
- 162. Please calm down.
- 163. - Screams? Noises?
- She lives alone with her cats.
- 164. - Did you make the call?
- 165. - No, it was me who made the call.
- It was you?
- 166. Yes, I called you.
- 167. I heard screams so I called the police.
- 168. Let's go. She's upstairs.
- 169. Let's go upstairs.
- 170. - It's about time.
- We got a call and came over.
- 171. Okay, this way please.
- 172. - What the hell is this?
- A local TV crew.
- 173. Okay, everybody please stay down here.
- 174. Sure, we'll sleep here if you want.
- 175. Miss, miss!
- 176. Please let us work, okay?
- 177. They aren't yours, are they?
- 178. No, they're from a local TV station.
- 179. They're doing a report on how
we work so they came with us.
- 180. They're your responsibility.
- 181. Ladies and gentlemen!
- 182. Please stay in the hall.
- 183. Am I speaking Greek or what?
- 184. If I tell you to stop, you stop taping.
- 185. - If I tell you to get lost, you get lost. Got it?
- Okay. But we have permission.
- 186. - The old lady lives on the third floor.
- What happened?
- 187. It looks like she fell.
- 188. They heard her scream and called...
- 189. - What about those people downstairs?
- You should have heard her screaming.
- 190. She was howling as if someone
split her skull in two.
- 191. The neighbors say she's really weird.
- 192. She never goes out, has no family...
God knows how many pets...
- 193. But no one has a set of keys...
- 194. Please, can you go with the
rest of the residents?
- 195. Go down there.
- 196. Don't they have anything better to do?
- 197. Go downstairs, damn it!
- 198. Hello.
- 199. - Get out of the way.
- Sorry, sorry.
- 200. - What's the camera doing here?
- They're with the firemen.
- 201. We have permission, okay?
- 202. I'm going to do an introduction.
- 203. - Am I okay here?
- 204. Okay. We're in front of the door
- 205. where an elderly resident
has had some sort of problem.
- 206. The neighbors heard screams.
- 207. Mari Carmen, who called the
fire department, says...
- 208. It's okay.
- 209. Whoa...
- 210. Ma'am, this is the police.
- 211. We're here to help you.
Can you hear me?
- 212. Ma'am, this is the police.
- 213. - Turn off the camera.
- I'm sorry.
- 214. What is she doing?
- 215. Ma'am, can you hear the ambulance?
- 216. Don't worry.
- 217. We're going to take you to the hospital.
- 218. What's her name?
- 219. Conchita.
- 220. Conchita! Don't worry...
- 221. Come on, come on...
- 222. - Don't worry, the police are here.
- Pablo, be careful, they'll kick us out.
- 223. What happened? Is she alright?
- 224. Shit...
- 225. - The light, please!
- Yeah, turn off the light.
- 226. Whatever they say you just keep filming.
- 227. - Stop taping!
- Sorry, okay. It's off.
- 228. Unit 341, please send an
- 229. Which floor?
- 230. - We are up on the third floor.
- Be right with you.
- 231. Okay. It's very urgent.
- 232. Calm down. There's no need to get upset.
We're going to take care of you.
- 233. The ambulance is here,
don't worry, ma'am.
- 234. Sergio, move this, damn it.
- 235. I don't want anyone here while
we wait for the ambulance.
- 236. Fuck, she's biting him!
- 237. Pablo!
- 238. Pablo, what do I do?
- 239. Get her off him!
- 240. Holy shit! Get him out of here!
- 241. Help! Help!
- 242. - Stay with her, Alex!
- 243. Help me! Get out of the way.
- 244. Hurry, hurry.
- 245. - Holy fucking shit!
- Get out of the way!
- 246. Hurry! Be careful!
- 247. You got him?
- 248. - Yeah.
- Tape everything.
- 249. Okay, wait. Get up!
- 250. Pablo, tape fucking everything.
- 251. Holy shit, he's going to bleed to death.
- 252. - You got it?
- Yeah, yeah.
- 253. Stop, stop. We have
to stop the bleeding.
- 254. Come on, quick. Here.
- 255. - I can't!
- Press here!
- 256. What the fuck's going on?
- 257. - The light!
- The light!
- 258. - The light!
- Quick! The light!
- 259. Fuck, come on!
Be careful! Cover it up!
- 260. Get out of the way!
- 261. You can't go out. They won't let us out.
- 262. - Why not?
- I don't know, they said we can't.
- 263. This man is wounded.
We have to get him out.
- 264. - We have to make a compress.
- Are you a doctor?
- 265. - I'm an intern.
- Take him over there.
- 266. Be careful with his head. Hold him up.
- 267. Call an ambulance.
- 268. The door is blocked from outside.
What the fuck is going on?
- 269. We need an ambulance, now!
- 270. Calm down, please.
- 271. Silence, please!
- 272. Your attention please.
- 273. The health authorities have decided to
seal off the building for safety reasons.
- 274. We're working to get you
out as soon as possible.
- 275. We ask for your cooperation.
- 276. The agents that are with you will
keep you posted on what to do.
- 277. Follow their instructions
and remain calm. Thank you.
- 278. - What the...?
- 279. 341, 341!
- 280. Please!
- 281. What do you mean I can't...
My friend's about to...
- 282. We are aware of the situation.
We can't do anything for now.
- 283. - We'll keep you updated.
- Yes, yes.
- 284. - Fuck!
- What did they say?
- 285. We have to get him out of here.
He's bleeding to death!
- 286. - It's important you stay calm.
- We have to get him out of here.
- 287. What's going on? Why can't we leave?
- 288. We just can't. Just calm down.
- 289. Please, stop taping, for fuck's sake.
- 290. - Don't touch the camera!
- Why not?
- 291. Do not touch the camera!
- 292. We have to let everyone know
what's going on here!
- 293. Calm down.
- 294. Fucking hell! Hey!
- 295. I'm in charge here, and I say
turn it off and calm down.
- 296. Yes!
- 297. You're in charge?
- 298. Then do something about
what's happening and
- 299. stop worrying whether
we're filming or not!
- 300. Yeah. Find out what's going on.
- 301. - Tape this!
- 302. Would you all shut up!
- 303. We have to get this man out of here!
- 304. - What's behind that shutter?
- A textile workshop.
- 305. - What do you mean a textile workshop?
- A textile workshop. We sell fabrics.
- 306. Okay. Everyone, calm down.
- 307. - Is there a way out from there?
- Yes, through the back.
- 308. Wait a second, move over there.
- 309. - How does this thing open?
- 310. I'm not going to repeat this.
Move over there.
- 311. - What are you doing?
- Trying to get out of here.
- 312. Wait a second!
- 313. My husband's outside and says
there are loads of cops.
- 314. They've blocked off the street.
- 315. He was getting antibiotics for her.
- 316. Alex!
- 317. No, don't move him!
- 318. - Yes, we have to.
- He has a pulse, don't move him!
- 319. Alex! Alex!
- 320. Shit!
- 321. There's somebody upstairs!
- 322. - Don't move him!
- Look after him.
- 323. Please, come with me.
We're going upstairs.
- 324. Nobody move from here, okay!
- 325. And you, stop fucking recording!
- 326. I don't care what they say,
we have to tape this.
- 327. We have to show what's happening.
- 328. - What was that?
- I don't know, be careful.
- 329. Fuck!
- 330. It's coming from in there.
- 331. - Be careful.
- Where are they?
- 332. Move over.
- 333. - Pablo, don't...
- 334. - No, Pablo, come here.
- Be quiet.
- 335. Pablo, come here!
- 336. What's going on?
- 337. What the fuck are you doing here?
- 338. Be careful.
- 339. She's dead.
- 340. Don't move, ma'am.
- 341. Ma'am.
- 342. Don't move!
- 343. Let's go.
- 344. She jumped on me...
- 345. I know, relax.
- 346. - You saw her, right?
- Yeah, I did.
- 347. - I couldn't do anything.
- Let's go downstairs.
- 348. I know, don't worry.
- 349. Fucking asshole!
- 350. - Did you get it?
- I got everything.
- 351. - Let me see it.
- Don't worry. I got it.
- 352. Just let me see it, Pablo.
- 353. Fucking show it to me!
How do I have to say it?
- 354. Get this, Pablo! Come on!
- 355. You stay here with the wounded.
- 356. I'm going to check the exit.
- 357. Hold on, hold on, hold on...
- 358. We have strict orders
to stay in the hall.
- 359. Help me out here.
- 360. These men are dying.
- 361. Fuck your orders!
- 362. He's absolutely right.
You have no right to tell us...
- 363. The situation is out of control.
- 364. We have two fatalities,
that's two violent deaths.
- 365. And two casualties who
need medical attention.
- 366. The police have blocked off the area,
- 367. they are keeping us in here,
with no explanations.
- 368. So, we're searching
for another way out.
- 369. She's getting worse.
- 370. Her fever's gone up. She needs a doctor.
- 371. Your attention please.
- 372. Do not try to leave the building.
- 373. All exits have been sealed.
- 374. A BNC protocol situation
has been declared.
- 375. Shortly a health inspector will
come to assess the situation.
- 376. Thank you for your cooperation.
- 377. Why are we locked in here?
- 378. And what do they mean
by a health inspector?
- 379. - I don't know.
- What's a BNC protocol?
- 380. What's a BNC protocol?
What does BNC mean?
- 381. It's a procedure used in Biological,
Nuclear, or Chemical threat situations.
- 382. What? Nuclear?
- 383. Don't be alarmed.
- 384. It sounds very serious but It's a
lot more common than you think.
- 385. The wounded are stable,
but they won't hang on much longer.
- 386. - We have to get them out of here.
- Obviously not through here.
- 387. So, Ladies, Gentlemen, come this way.
- 388. No! There's something strange going on.
- 389. Our cells don't work.
Neither does the TV or radio.
- 390. - We're isolated. Why?
- I don't know why.
- 391. I can't get through
to my husband.
- 392. - And my daughter has a high fever.
- What's wrong with her?
- 393. She has tonsillitis.
- 394. - She's burning up.
- Mummy, I'm thirst.
- 395. - What can I do?
- Mummy, I'm thirst.
- 396. From the office on the 2nd floor,
we can jump down on the patio.
- 397. I'm going with you.
- 398. Where are you going?
- 399. - Are you sure?
- Yeah, it's not very high up.
- 400. How are we going to get in?
- 401. What?
- 402. The concierge has a copy of
the key for the cleaning lady.
- 403. I gave it to him.
I'm in charge of the building.
- 404. Let's go.
- 405. There was someone else
in the woman's apartment.
- 406. What do you mean someone else?
- 407. I don't know. A girl.
- 408. Probably the Colombian girl.
Why didn't she come down with you?
- 409. She's dead.
- 410. Come on, open up, open up. Quick!
- 411. This way.
- 412. It's this way.
- 413. Let's go.
- 414. Help me.
- 415. Go back immediately,
for your own safety.
- 416. No, listen!
- 417. Get back.
- 418. We're sealing off the building.
- 419. - Ready up there? Go ahead.
- 420. Listen to me!
- 421. Listen! Can you see me?
- 422. Can you hear me?
- 423. What are you doing there?
I told you to wait downstairs.
- 424. Remember I'm still in charge.
- 425. - You knew about this, didn't you?
- About what?
- 426. That they're sealing us in.
- 427. Step back! For your own safety.
- 428. - What the hell is this?
- You tell us!
- 429. I don't know!
- 430. - I repeat, step back!
- You! That's enough!
- 431. Stop messing with the camera.
- 432. Don't you see that we have to show
what's going on. Don't you get it?
- 433. Don't touch me.
- 434. It's the only proof we have.
Can't you see that?
- 435. You're locked in here just like us.
They don't care about you either.
- 436. Shut the fuck up! Silence!
- 437. Please, go down to the workshop.
- 438. - Let's all calm down.
- Shut up!
- 439. Yes, we're going. Put the gun down.
- 440. Please remain calm.
- 441. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 442. It is of utmost importance that you
follow the agent's instructions.
- 443. He is in the building with you.
- 444. Do not try to leave the building.
- 445. I repeat, do not try
to leave the building.
- 446. Hold this. Relax, man...
- 447. Let's go with the others.
- 448. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry.
- 449. Proceed with Stage 2.
- 450. Please, go downstairs.
- 451. - Let's go.
- 452. Security back up on emergency exits.
- 453. Let me go up to my apartment.
- 454. I have sutures and bandages...
I can do something for the casualties, okay?
- 455. - I'll be right back.
- 456. It's nearly 2 a.m. And we're
still sealed in this building that
- 457. we came to with the firemen
earlier this evening,
- 458. to assist an elderly lady who later
attacked a policeman and a fireman.
- 459. They're both in critical condition.
- 460. The police won't let us leave and
are giving us no explanations.
- 461. The neighbors are scared
to death and exhausted.
- 462. They want to go back to their homes,
they want to know what's going on.
- 463. Guillem, do you mind if
I ask you a few quick questions?
- 464. I've never been in such a
serious situation before.
- 465. I'm an intern. I give shots,
take people's blood pressure.
- 466. I live in this building.
- 467. Well yes, these injuries
are very serious.
- 468. This is very serious.
- 469. The policeman has several bite wounds.
- 470. He has a number of lesions.
- 471. What's obvious is that
- 472. Mrs. Izquierdo attacked
and bit them.
- 473. I guess...
- 474. she had a fit of hysteria.
- 475. But honestly, it's hard to believe.
- 476. That...
- 477. an old lady could do something
like this to two adults.
- 478. I guess when the doctor arrives,
- 479. apart from bringing supplies
to treat the wounded,
- 480. he'll tell us what's going on.
- 481. We're locked in here, the police
are outside, we can't get out,
- 482. we have no explanations.
They know these men are here,
- 483. and we have to get them out soon.
They've lost a lot of blood.
- 484. I can't do anything else.
- 485. Stay with them. Thanks.
- 486. We're going to keep on interviewing.
If you don't like something you can cut.
- 487. Okay?
- 488. Alright, I would like is
if you could just explain
- 489. a little bit about what
you've seen tonight,
- 490. what happened,
what order things happened in.
- 491. I can't say too much
because I was sleeping.
- 492. I heard someone screaming.
Screaming very loud.
- 493. Of course I woke him up,
threw on what clothes I could,
- 494. and came down here.
- 495. I have to change my clothes,
- 496. Look,
- 497. we don't need to.
- 498. Something strange
is going on.
- 499. Someone did something,
that's why we're locked in here.
- 500. This building has always been...
- 501. - Wait! Can I talk?
- Why can't I tell them myself?
- 502. - There's something...
- Yes, someone said that there was a...
- 503. - An office, a window...
- I don't know what it's called.
- 504. A... That there was a... what they used
to do when there were atomic bombs.
- 505. - A BNC protocol.
- A refuge or something.
- 506. What a ruckus.
- 507. If we knew that when you got here,
we would have said:
- 508. Look, this is what happened.
Let everyone know.
- 509. - But we have no idea.
- But, in summary...
- 510. Fireman, fireman, yes...
- 511. Fireman fell! Fireman fell!
- 512. - He fell and left...
- Fell from where?
- 513. From up there... up, yes.
- 514. - You were saying?
- He fell from above.
- 515. From where?
- 516. Where? I don't know.
- 517. But from above, right?
I don't know.
- 518. - From the stairwell?
- 519. Stairwell like this and...
he fell in the middle. Yes.
- 520. Pablo, is this okay or
should I sit lower?
- 521. At her level.
- 522. What's your name?
I want everyone to know.
- 523. - Jennifer.
- What a beautiful name, Jennifer!
- 524. - How old are you?
- 525. She just had her birthday.
- 526. Great.
- 527. So what happened? Are you sick?
- 528. Yes.
- 529. We know you can't take
your medicine, right?
- 530. Yes.
- 531. Why not? Why can't you
take your medicine.
- 532. Because my husband isn't allowed in.
- 533. Please do not speak right now,
- 534. only the girl is in the shot and...
since there is no microphone,
- 535. Sorry.
- 536. we can't hear your voice and
everything gets messed up.
- 537. - We'll interview you later, okay?
- You don't have to...
- 538. So, besides your father...
- 539. Who do you live with?
- 540. With my mommy, my daddy
and my dog, Max.
- 541. Your dog isn't here either, right?
I can't see him.
- 542. No, he's not.
- 543. - Do you love your dog?
- 544. Why isn't he here?
- 545. He's at the vet.
- 546. What's wrong with him?
- 547. He... he got sick.
- 548. I knew something would
happen sooner or later.
- 549. A fire or we were going to
have something serious.
- 550. There must be something upstairs.
- 551. If not, I don't get why
people fall like that...
- 552. they fall down through
the stairwell, bleeding all over.
- 553. I can't go up to my home.
- 554. So, here we are.
- 555. I am going to sue.
- 556. I am definitely going to sue.
- 557. I'm going to call the newspapers,
- 558. and have them write
about what happened.
- 559. From the beginning until the very end.
- 560. Yes.
- 561. - Cesar?
- 562. Hi. Sorry, but could I
ask you a few questions?
- 563. Wait... okay, yes.
- 564. We want to cover the story.
- 565. - Are you recording already?
- 566. - Okay, rolling.
- Wait, I'll sit like this.
- 567. If you prefer one side in particular...
- 568. Have you lived here for long?
- 569. Yes, I used to live with my mom.
- 570. She died, so now I live alone.
- 571. It's the Chinese.
- 572. They eat raw. Raw fish. It smells...
- 573. They always leave the door open.
I don't know why.
- 574. I mean, if they were the nice kind that
do Feng Shui and cool stuff... But no.
- 575. They come in and out screaming
in Chinese all the time,
- 576. in Japanese, I don't know.
Something I don't understand.
- 577. When are we starting?
- 578. We did.
- 579. Why didn't you tell me?
Don't you see my face is shiny?
- 580. I think this profile's better, right?
- 581. - How's that?
- Yes. Great.
- 582. - You'd like this, Pablo?
- Yeah, fantastic.
- 583. Okay, silence please.
- 584. - I just spoke to them outside.
- It's about time!
- 585. They told me the health
inspector is on his way in.
- 586. - Health inspector?
- 587. There is a possible
infection in the building.
- 588. An infection?
- 589. Yes, but please calm down.
- 590. They're just going to take blood samples
of all the residents to clarify things.
- 591. - Only of the residents?
- No, of everyone here.
- 592. When they see everything's okay,
they'll let us out.
- 593. - Great.
- We ask you to cooperate.
- 594. To make things easier, we're going
to go through the building,
- 595. apartment by apartment, to make sure
all the residents are down here.
- 596. A simple "here" will be fine, okay?
- 597. So let's get start.
- 598. The main floor on the left is the
office where we were before.
- 599. Who lives in the apartment on the right?
- 600. That's the Colombian girl's apartment.
- 601. Third floor, right... That's where
Mrs. Izquierdo lives, right?
- 602. - Third floor, left?
- 603. Me, my daughter and my husband
who's been outside for a long time.
- 604. Yes, we know, lady. Calm down.
- 605. - Second floor, left?
- 606. - You?
- No, we're the third.
- 607. - No, we live...
- Do you or don't you?
- 608. - Third...
- We live on the second.
- 609. - I'm lost.
- Calm down, sir, you're tired.
- 610. Second, left.
- 611. - Yes. Second, right?
- 612. - Third, left?
- 613. - Third, right?
- Yes, that's us!
- 614. - You three?
- No, four of us.
- 615. - Four?
- My father.
- 616. - Your father?
- He upstairs.
- 617. - Where is he?
- He on bed. My father sick.
- 618. What she means is
he's old and paralytic.
- 619. - Exactly, my father is sick.
- Maybe all this is his fault.
- 620. Listen up! We're going to finish.
- 621. Does anyone live in the penthouse?
- 622. No, nobody lives there.
- 623. A man from Madrid owns it,
but he's never there.
- 624. It's been closed up for years.
- 625. Excuse me?
- 626. - My father come down, yes?
- That's not a good idea,
- 627. - what if he's the cause of all this.
- My father's sick!
- 628. - He has to come down here with us.
- I don't understand you.
- 629. Be respectful. Calm down.
- 630. Miss, your child is sick too and...
- 631. My daughter has tonsillitis!
- 632. Nobody move until the doctor says so.
- 633. We're going in.
Don't open the door until we say so.
- 634. Wait.
- 635. Go ahead, 341.
- 636. Okay, over.
- 637. What the hell is this?
Is he wearing a mask?
- 638. They'll keep telling us
nothing's wrong, right?
- 639. Pablo, I'm going in.
- 640. - Okay.
- As we...
- 641. As we were told, the health
inspector is in the building.
- 642. There are incredible
security measures in place.
- 643. We know nothing,
they haven't told us a thing.
- 644. We saw Special Forces, health
inspectors wearing suits and masks
- 645. and it's not very comforting.
- 646. He's the one who's taking
care of them at the moment.
- 647. That's all we have.
- 648. - Take me to them.
- 649. The everyone else can
stay in the lobby.
- 650. What is a TV crew doing here?
- 651. Jennifer! Don't touch that.
- 652. - Why?
- Because I say so.
- 653. Pablo, can you come here?
- 654. - Thanks.
- No problem.
- 655. - What a pain in the ass.
- Look, Pablo...
- 656. Don't you think this inspection
has to do with that old lady?
- 657. I don't know.
- 658. The policeman and the
fireman have been bitten.
- 659. If it's contagious, they could
react like the old lady.
- 660. Don't scare me...
- 661. Fuck, what a day.
- 662. Pablo, grab the camera.
I can't sit here doing nothing.
- 663. It's recording...
- 664. and the lens is dirty.
- 665. Someone's been messing around here.
- 666. It doesn't matter.
Let's try to get something.
- 667. Shit!
- 668. Come here.
- 669. There. Look.
- 670. Hold this.
- 671. Be careful, Pablo.
- 672. Give it to me.
- 673. Can you see anything?
- 674. Pablo, what can you see?
- 675. - They're handcuffing him.
- Handcuffing who?
- 676. Pablo, what can you see?
- 677. Tell me what you see, Pablo!
- 678. For fuck's sake, say something!
- 679. - What are they saying?
- I can't hear them.
- 680. - What's that?
- 681. The doctor has something
in his hands.
- 682. - It's a needle.
- What's he doing?
- 683. - I don't know. Wait.
- What are they doing, Pablo?
- 684. They're injecting the
fireman with something.
- 685. Pablo, for fuck sake!
- 686. More handcuffs.
- 687. - Holy shit!
- What's going on, Pablo?
- 688. - Shit!
- What's that, Pablo?
- 689. Say something!
What's going on in there?
- 690. Why are they screaming?
- 691. Pablo, answer me!
- 692. Go, go. Run!
- 693. What's going on in there, Pablo?
- 694. Go, go!
- 695. What's going on?
- 696. What are you doing?
Guillem's in there.
- 697. Guillem's still in there!
- 698. He got bitten, we can't let him out.
- 699. - What are you talking about?
- He didn't bite me!
- 700. It spreads through saliva.
- 701. We can't risk letting him out.
- 702. We don't know if he's been bitten!
You have to let them out of there!
- 703. The infected ones are handcuffed.
- 704. Just stay away from them.
- 705. Infected with what?
- 706. - What's going on?
- A minute ago they were fine!
- 707. - What the fuck is all this about?
- I'm not authorized to tell you anything.
- 708. The reaction time depends on the blood type.
- 709. We can't predict...
- 710. Fuck! Hurry up! Run!
- 711. Come on, hurry up!
- 712. Now tell us what the
hell is going on here!
- 713. - I'm not authorized...
- 714. I just killed a cop
who tried to bite us.
- 715. No more bullshit!
Tell us everything you know!
- 716. You got that?
- 717. Okay.
- 718. Yesterday we received...
- 719. a call from a vet...
- 720. who had a dog brought in
with an unknown disease.
- 721. The dog went into a coma...
- 722. and a few moments later came to...
- 723. and was extraordinarily aggressive.
- 724. He started attacking all
of the pets at the clinic.
- 725. We had to give him several tranquilizers
and then put him to sleep.
- 726. We followed the chip in his ear
which led us to this building.
- 727. Wait a minute!
- 728. Was the dog called Max?
- 729. - Get away from her!
- 730. She only has tonsillitis.
- 731. - Bullshit, tonsillitis.
- Relax, ma'am...
- 732. We just have to be sure.
- 733. Calm down.
- 734. It's just tonsillitis.
- 735. We think the dog spread the infection...
- 736. through his saliva.
- 737. If that's true...
- 738. Handcuffs! Get the handcuffs!
- 739. - Hold her!
- 740. Jennifer!
- 741. The cuffs!
- 742. - Jennifer!
- Relax, we'll get her.
- 743. Father downstairs.
My father come down!
- 744. - What father?
- Her father's sick in bed.
- 745. And you didn't tell me?
- 746. We can't have infected
people loose out there.
- 747. We gave you specific orders to get
everyone together downstairs.
- 748. We had no idea. We thought
everyone was here.
- 749. Take this. Go up and find the girl.
- 750. Give her the injection and
get her down here quickly.
- 751. Everyone must come down here.
- 752. Pablo, go with them! Record everything!
- 753. Be careful, Pablo!
- 754. Jennifer?
- 755. What the hell is that?
What was that?
- 756. Fucking hell!
- 757. - The old lady isn't there.
- Neither is the other one.
- 758. Jennifer?
- 759. Jennifer.
- 760. There's no one here. Wait.
- 761. She's over there. Look!
- 762. Fuck!
- 763. Jennifer, relax.
- 764. Relax.
- 765. Give me the needle.
- 766. - The needle!
- Are you sure?
- 767. Yes.
- 768. Be careful, man.
- 769. Jennifer.
- 770. Relax.
- 771. Give me your hand.
- 772. - Be careful.
- Give me your hand.
- 773. What happened to her eyes?
- 774. It's because she-
- 775. Shit!
- 776. Be careful!
- 777. Shit! Get out of the way!
- 778. Go, she bit me!
- 779. She bit me, can't you see?
- 780. Go, for fuck's sake!
- 781. Go!
- 782. Let's go!
- 783. No down!
- 784. Don't go down there!
They're getting away!
- 785. Help me!
- 786. Take these off of me!
- 787. - Don't touch me!
- Son of a bitch!
- 788. Take them off!
- 789. - Lady! Get up stairs now!
- I don't have it.
- 790. - I don't have the key!
- What do you mean?
- 791. - The policeman has it.
- 792. - The policeman has it.
- 793. We have to get her out of here!
- 794. Help!
- 795. Help!
- 796. Help!
- 797. Help, you bastard!
- 798. Don't go!
- 799. Get away!
- 800. We have to get her out of here.
- 801. - Let's go.
- No! We can't leave her!
- 802. I'm sorry!
- 803. Don't leave me here!
- 804. This way, come on.
- 805. Hurry up!
- 806. The lock!
- 807. It looks like they're leaving.
- 808. They're going upstairs.
- 809. - Were you bitten?
- 810. - Angela?
- 811. - You?
- 812. - Did you find the little girl?
- Who cares about the girl?
- 813. It's out of control.
- 814. Pablo, what the hell were
they doing to that woman?
- 815. They were eating her alive, Manu.
- 816. What the hell is this?
- 817. I don't know!
- 818. They could all be infected by now.
- 819. We have to get out of here.
- 820. - I'm not moving!
- We have to get out of here!
- 821. No! We can stay here...
- 822. until they come to get us.
- 823. No one's going to come get us!
- 824. Yes!
- 825. Open your fucking eyes!
They don't give a shit!
- 826. They're going to let us die here!
- 827. But the doctor does matter to them!
They'll come get the doctor.
- 828. The doctor? Why?
- 829. - He is in there.
- Son of a bitch!
- 830. - Where?
- 831. I'm gonna kill you!
- 832. I've been bitten. Go away.
- 833. Get lost.
- 834. I've been bitten!
- 835. Get back!
- 836. Go away!
- 837. Shit, shit...
- 838. The door won't hold.
- 839. - Go away.
- Son of a bitch!
- 840. Get us out of here!
- 841. Stand away from the windows!
- 842. We repeat:
Stay away from the windows
- 843. or we will be forced to
take drastic measures.
- 844. Follow the inspector's instructions.
- 845. There might be a way out.
- 846. Pablo, there might be a way out!
- 847. Listen!
- 848. There's an underground
storage area in the workshop
- 849. that has a drain cover that
joins up with the sewers.
- 850. Can you hear me?
- 851. - In the workshop there's a basement...
- Are you sure?
- 852. Yes, we can escape through there.
The problem is the reinforced door.
- 853. - How the hell will we open it?
- With the key!
- 854. The intern is in charge.
He has all the keys.
- 855. - Where?
- In his apartment.
- 856. Let's go! Let's go!
- 857. He's been bitten!
- 858. Hurry up!
- 859. They're not there.
- 860. Manu, we have to find the way out.
We need the storage key.
- 861. Yeah, but... how?
- 862. The intern has the key,
but we don't know where he lives.
- 863. You checked the list!
- 864. - I can't remember.
- 865. I don't remember either.
- 866. Manu, think.
- 867. I'm sure you can remember.
- 868. - I can't remember!
- Think, Manu!
- 869. Guillem! The mailboxes!
- 870. He's called Guillem...
- 871. Downstairs, quick! Angela, hurry up!
- 872. Hurry up!
- 873. Here! Guillem Marimón,
third floor No. 2!
- 874. She's cuffed. We can get by.
- 875. We have to go upstairs.
- 876. Upstairs!
- 877. Be careful, Angela!
- 878. Pablo, help me!
- 879. Wait. Okay.
- 880. Drop her.
- 881. - I got bitten!
- No, you didn't.
- 882. I saw it. You didn't.
- 883. Let's go upstairs. Pablo, help.
- 884. - Come on, get up.
- I got bitten!
- 885. You did not, Angela!
I saw it, you didn't!
- 886. Let's go, Pablo! Hurry up!
- 887. Hurry up!
- 888. Shit!
- 889. - The light!
- Where's the switch?
- 890. - On the wall!
- I can't find it!
- 891. - Pablo, the spotlight! Turn it on!
- I'm trying!
- 892. Quickly!
- 893. Move it! Move it!
- 894. Shit! Go upstairs, hurry!
- 895. - The mallet, Angela!
- Quick! Give it to him!
- 896. Go upstairs, quickly!
- 897. It's here.
- 898. Move!
- 899. Hurry up. I'll wait here. Quickly!
- 900. I'll go there.
- 901. Where are they?
- 902. Look in the drawers.
- 903. Where the hell are they?
- 904. We have to get out!
- 905. - Here, here!
- Shit, where are they?
- 906. Shit!
- 907. The keys...
- 908. Where are...
- 909. The keys!
- 910. Which ones are they?
- 911. Which ones are they?
- 912. I don't know. Grab them all.
- 913. Let's go.
- 914. Where is he? Where's Manu?
- 915. Upstairs, run!
- 916. Go to the penthouse!
The key must be in the bunch.
- 917. Come on, Angela!
- 918. Which one is it?
- 919. This one!
- 920. - Turn on the spotlight.
- I can't!
- 921. The light is loose.
- 922. Fix it, Pablo!
- 923. I'm trying!
- 924. They're leaving.
- 925. - Pablo, turn it on!
- Calm down.
- 926. This is the apartment
that was closed up.
- 927. - No one will be in here.
- Turn it on, please.
- 928. Okay.
- 929. - Shit...
- Where are we?
- 930. I don't know.
- 931. What the hell is all this?
- 932. Pablo, over here.
- 933. Where?
- 934. Holy shit!
- 935. - What does this mean?
- I don't know.
- 936. Pablo!
- 937. "The Vatican is investigating...
- 938. the possible possession
of a Portuguese girl."
- 939. - Fuck...
- The possessed girl.
- 940. Pablo, look!
- 941. It's the same girl!
- 942. What the hell is this?
- 943. It's all about the same.
- 944. "The hospital denies releasing the
girl who disappeared in the night..."
- 945. Pablo... oh Jesus...
- 946. Pablo!
- 947. Calm down.
- 948. It's just a noise. It must be the pipes.
- 949. Calm down, we'll find a way out.
- 950. We have to get out of here.
- 951. Be careful. Stay close.
- 952. Didn't they say no one lived here?
- 953. Calm down.
- 954. Pablo.
- 955. Give me some light. Oh Jesus.
- 956. What's that?
- 957. They're still talking about the same.
- 958. What the hell is this?
- 959. - Angela, let's go.
- 960. It must have something to do with...
- 961. Look!
- 962. A tape recorder.
- 963. - There's no electricity.
- It's off.
- 964. There.
- 965. Got it!
- 966. I've finally isolated the enzyme.
- 967. The problem is that it's unstable.
- 968. It deteriorates when it comes
into contact with oxygen.
- 969. I am, however, optimistic.
- 970. If all goes well, we'll
have a vaccine soon.
- 971. - The analysis were successful.
- What the hell is he talking about, Pablo?
- 972. Something unexpected has happened.
- 973. The enzyme is not only
resistant but has mutated.
- 974. It behaves much like the flu.
- 975. This leads us to a horrible conclusion.
- 976. It might be contagious.
- 977. I don't get it.
- 978. The telegram from Rome has arrived.
- 979. The Medeiros girl must die.
- 980. He's talking about the girl, Pablo.
- 981. She was here.
- 982. I must eliminate her and erase
all signs of her existence.
- 983. What the hell is this guy saying?
- 984. - Finally my prayers have been answered.
- We have to get out of here.
- 985. This decision should have
been made years ago.
- 986. This has all been a big mistake.
- 987. I must follow the procedures.
- 988. The ritual is very specific.
- 989. I cannot afford to make a mistake.
- 990. Come here. Stay close.
- 991. I'm going to seal off the room.
- 992. The seal should keep her in.
- 993. If anything goes wrong, may God help us.
- 994. Wait.
- 995. - I'm going to look.
- No! Pablo, no!
- 996. There might be a way
out through the attic.
- 997. - We have to give it a try.
- What are you going to do?
- 998. I'll record what's up there
and we can look at it.
- 999. Pablo. Bring the camera down.
There are really weird noises.
- 1000. - What happened?
- Something hit the camera.
- 1001. What do you mean something hit the camera?
Turn it on!
- 1002. The fucking light broke!
- 1003. - Turn it on, Pablo!
- I can't, it's busted.
- 1004. - Fuck! What now?
- Relax. Don't move.
- 1005. I'll turn on the night vision.
- 1006. Okay, I can see you now.
- 1007. That's good.
- 1008. Stick your hand out.
- 1009. - I can't see you. Where are you?
- Okay, I got you.
- 1010. Relax, it's me. It's okay, it's me.
- 1011. I can see if I use the camera.
- 1012. Get behind me and don't let go.
- 1013. Hold on tight.
- 1014. We'll be okay.
We're going to get out.
- 1015. I'll find the way out, I swear.
- 1016. Don't let go, okay?
- 1017. Stay still.
- 1018. Why? What is it?
- 1019. There's something. Go back.
- 1020. Don't make a sound.
- 1021. Get down.
- 1022. Keep quiet, for God's sake!
- 1023. It can't see us.
If it can't hear us, it won't find us.
- 1024. Let's go.
- 1025. - Run! Go!
- 1026. Run!
- 1027. Get out of here! Go, go, go!
- 1028. Answer me! I can't hear you!
- 1029. Pablo.
- 1030. We have to tape everything, Pablo.
For fuck's sake.