- 1. So, we're really doing this, huh?
- 2. - Right now?
- 3. Okay, we got to present this properly.
- 4. Where should I go?
Come to the right.
- 5. To the right?
- 6. Okay?
- 7. Hi, my name is...
- 8. Hi. My name is David Raskin
- 9. and I'm applying for
the MIT Physics Fellowship.
- 10. What I've developed
is an intelligent propulsion experiment
- 11. which allows me to...
- 12. Um...
- 13. I think I'm getting into that too early.
- 14. I should talk about them more, right?
- 15. I first became interested
in the sciences, uh...
- 16. No, that was not the way to start.
- 17. - What if I walk at you like...
- Can you just go?
- 18. All right, watch.
- 19. Hi. My name is David Raskin.
- 20. Take it down,
like, four notches, Seacrest.
- 21. - What?
- Come on!
- 22. I'd like to introduce you to my engineers,
- 23. Adam Le and Quinn Goldberg,
- 24. and it's my sister, Christina Raskin,
behind the camera.
- 25. Would you not...
Hold on one second.
- 26. I'll hold it so you can point...
- 27. - Dude, you're distracting him.
- What if it looks like you built it?
- 28. - Close your eyes.
- No, it's not gonna look like I built it.
- 29. All right. Like that?
- 30. - Let's put this up, Chris.
- 31. Okay, the smartphone's
connected to the Wi-Fi. Ready.
- 32. Wait, wait, wait.
- 33. Beginning to lift the craft.
- 34. Take the controller.
- 35. I want you to notice
these marks on my fingers.
- 36. All right, cutting off power now.
- 37. Dude, you're getting into MIT!
- 38. These marks on my hand are read
- 39. by the modified motion sensor
on the computer.
- 40. It allows my hands to
manipulate this craft
- 41. with uncanny precision.
- 42. Oh!
- 43. That's nuts!
- 44. The motion sensors are routed
through my smart phone
- 45. with an 802.11 g,
64 gigahertz wireless.
- 46. Chris, watch out. Coming your way.
- 47. - Whoo! Ta-da!
- 48. All right, let's take this thing
to its max altitude!
- 49. Come on, let's go!
- 50. Oh, shit!
Grab the computer.
- 51. Go, go, go!
- 52. Okay, so, unlike other static systems,
- 53. my algorithm tracks gestures
while the operator is moving.
- 54. Elevation, 140.
151, David. 170!
- 55. it should have a vertical reach
of about 250 feet.
- 56. What is that? Is that my phone?
- 57. David, I think I lost signal.
- 58. What do you mean
you lost signal?
- 59. The call's interrupting the Wi-Fi.
- 60. Who could possibly
be calling you right now?
- 61. Everyone you know
is standing right here!
- 62. it's not connecting, David.
- 63. Guys, it's not responding!
It's not responding.
- 64. I don't see it anymore!
- 65. it's gone. It's dropping!
- 66. Guys, run!
Which way do I go?
- 67. - Which way?
- Go! Quinn, run!
- 68. Oh, shit!
- 69. The experiment
was a complete success.
- 70. Thank you for your consideration, MIT.
- 71. Christina, I need you
to put that laundry away.
- 72. Yes.
I will do it later, I promise.
- 73. David's daily ritual.
- 74. Checking for the letter, day 37.
- 75. Quinn. Yeah, it came.
- 76. No, I don't know if I got in yet,
but it's really...
- 77. it's big.
- 78. All right, well, come over then.
- 79. Go show her.
David, go show her.
- 80. Christina, I need you
to put that laundry away.
- 81. Yeah, I will.
- 82. And I'm not gonna
tell you again. Oh, good.
- 83. - Can you see this stain here?
- No, Mom...
- 84. I got two job interviews today.
- 85. Mom, look, look. It came.
- 86. Oh, my God!
- 87. Christina, give me that.
It's a family moment.
- 88. Wait for me, wait for me!
- 89. I'm growing a beard, David. Open it.
- 90. - Shut up.
- Christina, be more supportive.
- 91. Okay, I want you to listen.
I want you to know whatever happens...
- 92. Oh, my God.
- 93. - David...
- Shut up.
- 94. You shut up.
- 95. "On behalf of the admissions
committee, we're delighted
- 96. - "to inform you...
- 97. "... that you have been admitted
- 98. "to the MIT class of 2018."
- 99. - Congratulations!
- 100. Yo, Adam,
she didn't get into anything.
- 101. We're celebrating, right?
- 102. You know, your father
would be so proud of you.
- 103. Dude!
- 104. David?
- 105. What's the matter?
- 106. "We've reviewed your request
- 107. "and we're pleased to award you
$5,000 in financial aid."
- 108. What?
- 109. Wait! What about
the other $40,000?
- 110. Mom, how are you gonna afford that?
- 111. Look, dude, let me see that.
Please, turn that off.
- 112. God, dude, look at those.
- 113. Perfect little tree trunks.
Those legs are like...
- 114. Good job, David.
- 115. - Sorry to hear about MIT.
- Yes, sir.
- 116. I also didn't
get a scholarship to MIT, Dr. Lou.
- 117. Also didn't sprout wings and fly.
- 118. Still a few scholarships left, David.
- 119. I'll look into those, sir.
- 120. Yo, just pretend it's not me.
- 121. If you could say one thing to MIT,
what would it be?
- 122. Um, this is stupid.
- 123. Wrong answer, dude.
You know what?
- 124. - Maybe you don't want to go.
- I do wanna go.
- 125. Dude, I think these nuggets
were frozen before Obama was elected.
- 126. David, prove it.
Prove that you wanna go.
- 127. How am I gonna prove
that I wanna go to MIT?
- 128. How about for a free ride,
every day, your mom shows up
- 129. and publicly hands you
your fungal medication?
- 130. Only if your mom does the application.
You know what I mean?
- 131. - Oh, yeah!
- Oh, yeah.
- 132. What if MIT was like,
- 133. "Go up to Sarah Nathan
and just start making out with her."
- 134. Why would MIT want me
to make out with people?
- 135. Because MIT
believes in bold risk takers.
- 136. I take risks. I'm a risk taker.
- 137. Yeah. Name one risk you took.
- 138. - Right now.
- 139. That's not... That's too big.
- 140. This is what I'm saying, dude,
- 141. if I had your brain and bone structure,
- 142. I would be unstoppable.
- 143. I mean, aren't you sick
of having sex with your hand?
- 144. - What?
- I'm sorry.
- 145. He sniffs Sharpies.
You drug addict.
- 146. You totally are stupid, dude.
- 147. Hey, look. Hey, hey, dude, check this out.
- 148. Bam.
- 149. - Oh, hey, that's cool.
- 150. Well, you see, that's my problem.
- 151. I can't get the Uls to interact.
- 152. Oh, you got to put
the L2 cache in ad hoc mode.
- 153. - Obviously...
- 154. What are you doing?
- 155. Oh, my God, Jessie Pierce.
- 156. Dude, I would literally give away
all my earthly possessions
- 157. for one date with her.
- 158. What, are you gonna
give her your Xbox
- 159. - and a coupon at Chipotle?
- 160. Will you please get in the car?
- 161. Bye, guys, see you later.
- 162. Chris, come on!
- 163. Look at the bright side, David,
- 164. you're gonna have
so much free time now.
- 165. Hey, Jessie, what are you doing tonight?
- 166. - David wants to take you out!
- You're such an idiot.
- 167. - Dude, I'm hooking you up.
- Shut up, Quinn.
- 168. Yo, keep it up, ladies!
You know, you wouldn't...
- 169. David, what the shit, man?
- 170. - Why do you drive this car?
- So embarrassing.
- 171. This is the best part of my day.
- 172. One day, this car
is going to kill us.
- 173. Don't let them see me.
- 174. Yo, relax!
- 175. It's a classic!
- 176. C'mon.
Just move that piece of shit!
- 177. I think it's my starter relay.
Give me that Leatherman, please.
- 178. Well, actually, I believe it's
- 179. the fuselage valve, but what do I know?
- 180. You're confusing my car
with an airplane, but, uh...
- 181. David, you got this?
- 182. Yeah, no, I got it.
- 183. Please tell me you got it working.
- 184. Come on, come on, come on.
- 185. Dude,
if you want a permanent fix,
- 186. just let me know.
I'll take a look at your car.
- 187. Sure, you're gonna fix my car?
- 188. What the hell is that?
- 189. Oh, my God.
- 190. David?
- 191. This doesn't make any sense.
- 192. Mom, goddang.
- 193. The house will pay for MIT,
- 194. and Aunt Chloe says your sister and I
can move into her apartment.
- 195. I can't let you sell this house, Mom.
- 196. There's got to be
something that I can do.
- 197. I can get a job.
- 198. it's too late for that, David.
- 199. You tried to get a scholarship.
It didn't work.
- 200. Well, none of this
would have happened if...
- 201. David. Come on.
- 202. I'm sorry.
- 203. I miss your father, too.
- 204. But he would have wanted this.
- 205. You're just as smart as him, you know.
- 206. I'm not gonna let that go to waste.
- 207. Okay.
- 208. it is what it is, David.
- 209. There's nothing you can do about it now.
- 210. What are you, sulking?
- 211. God!
You scared the shit out of me.
- 212. I'm not sulking.
- 213. Dude, you should be happy.
- 214. You're getting what you wanted.
- 215. I'm the one who's getting screwed.
- 216. This isn't what I wanted, Chris.
- 217. I remember this thing.
- 218. I'm trying to solve this, okay?
- 219. How are you solving this
in the creepy attic?
- 220. Uh... it's dumb.
- 221. You know, there's this one
last scholarship where I have
- 222. to submit a proposal for
an experiment and I thought
- 223. maybe if I got it,
- 224. Mom wouldn't have to sell the house.
- 225. Huh.
Dad must have a million ideas
- 226. lying around up here.
- 227. I don't know, Chris.
- 228. I mean, I thought there'd
be something up here.
- 229. I can't find anything I can use.
- 230. Hey, what is this?
- 231. When did we get a video camera?
- 232. Oh, that's Dad's old camera, yeah.
- 233. Yeah.
- 234. Hey, look, it still works.
- 235. - Really?
- Wow. Yeah.
- 236. - Let me see.
- Check it out.
- 237. That's my seventh birthday.
- 238. I guess it makes sense
that's the last thing
- 239. - he would have filmed, right.
- 240. Quinn, I'm telling you,
I'm looking at it right now.
- 241. You were a chubby kid.
- 242. - Come here.
- 243. No, I mean, it's weird to hear his voice
- 244. for the first time, like,
after all these years.
- 245. - Are you getting this?
- Light the last three.
- 246. - What was that?
- Here we go.
- 247. Hold on a sec.
- 248. Nothing, I just saw something
weird in the mirror.
- 249. - Are you getting this?
- Light the last three.
- 250. Holy shit. Quinn, I got to go.
- 251. Chris! Chris, come down here!
- 252. I don't... I don't understand.
- 253. it just is.
I got to show Quinn and Adam.
- 254. There's this footage of me
at my seventh birthday.
- 255. I mean, I was at my seventh birthday.
- 256. We were all at your seventh birthday.
- 257. No shit.
- 258. No, I know, I know. Here.
- 259. Just... You don't understand.
- 260. Just watch this.
- 261. I still think it's
just a glitch in the camera.
- 262. - Oh!
- So right...
- 263. - Wow!
- Right as this lady walks by.
- 264. - Oh, my God, I remember this.
- No, no, no.
- 265. Right as this lady walks by,
look in the mirror...
- 266. Right there, right there!
Did you guys just see that?
- 267. Dude, I was so frickin' cute.
- 268. Dude, I was cute.
- 269. Adam fell off that frigging bike
- 270. and it was the funniest thing
I'd ever seen.
- 271. Am I... Do I exist in the world?
- 272. Are you guys even seeing me right now?
- 273. Please, look at this.
- 274. Dude, you're crazy.
- 275. Ready, go.
Play. I'm ready, I'm ready.
- 276. Right there. In the mirror.
Look in the mirror.
- 277. - Holy shit.
- Holy shit.
- 278. Dude, is that... That can't be.
- 279. That's me.
- 280. David, you are just
seeing what you want to see.
- 281. Maybe, I don't know,
- 282. someone could have photoshopped it.
- 283. Nobody's messed with it.
- 284. It's been in my attic for 10 years.
- 285. Look, it's obviously
like a relative or something, David.
- 286. Family does tend to actually look alike.
- 287. All right. Well, then explain this.
- 288. We're wearing the same shirt.
- 289. What's with the camera, Chris?
- 290. Yeah, isn't it cool?
It's my dad's.
- 291. Oh, that bitch.
- 292. What is
Sarah Nathan's problem?
- 293. She knows I like Justin.
- 294. Chris, check this out.
Lollapalooza was so sick.
- 295. Lemme see?
- 296. I am so jealous.
God, why did I have to miss that?
- 297. Uh, what is your brother doing?
- 298. No offense, Christina,
- 299. but that's kind of creepy.
He's just watching a tape of kids.
- 300. - Ew!
- You don't know...
- 301. Let me guess,
you found aliens at your party, too.
- 302. Okay, we're gonna be using
some really big words...
- 303. David, that's not you.
- 304. Okay, no! This is definitely me.
- 305. - Maybe.
- 306. That is my T-shirt, that is my backpack
- 307. and that is my watch. That's me.
- 308. Wait! What's the thing in your hand?
The ballerina thing.
- 309. What?
- 310. A keychain, I think?
- 311. Okay.
Everybody, take out your keys.
- 312. Maybe it's not you, man.
- 313. Shit. Whose stuff is this in my bag?
- 314. Wait, wait. This is Jessie Pierce's.
- 315. - What?
- Are you serious?
- 316. You have a hot chick bag.
You're like a hot chick!
- 317. This is what you need to do.
Go over there
- 318. and pretend like you just don't care.
- 319. Throw it at her and be like,
"Yo, here's your shit, Pierce."
- 320. I'm sorry.
Have you seen David with girls?
- 321. Oh, I'm still right here, Chris. Be nice.
- 322. Oh!
- 323. No! I will go give this back to her.
- 324. No, no, no. I'm gonna go
and take it back to her, okay.
- 325. That's right.
- 326. I'm not gonna let
my sister do my bidding.
- 327. Man. Man. Yo, let me
smell your breath, though.
- 328. What are you gonna say?
- 329. Are you trying to communicate
with me telepathically?
- 330. Excuse me, I...
- 331. I have... I think you have my bag.
- 332. I think we switched bags.
- 333. Possibly? Looks like.
By the way, my name is...
- 334. - David?
- 335. We've gone to school
together for four years.
- 336. Yeah.
- 337. Did you go through my stuff?
- 338. No.
- 339. I might have reached in there a little bit
- 340. to kinda feel around blindly, but...
- 341. Is that why you're wearing my perfume?
- 342. Well... I didn't spray that.
That wasn't me.
- 343. So other people
went through my stuff, too.
- 344. I'm really sorry, okay.
- 345. I just came to switch bags with you.
- 346. I would never have...
I would never do that.
- 347. David?
- 348. - Yeah.
- Congrats on MIT.
- 349. Um... Thank you.
- 350. Dude, David, you've lived here your
whole life. Where are you gonna go?
- 351. Quinn, come on,
can you stop talking about it all the time?
- 352. Guys, stop arguing
for two seconds, okay.
- 353. We need to figure out what
I'm doing on this tape, right?
- 354. So... So, I'm over here?
- 355. Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're back there.
- 356. - Back there to the right.
- 357. Yeah, that's good.
Then somebody crosses frame.
- 358. Quinn, go here.
- 359. Actually, move the camera
to the left a little.
- 360. - Okay.
- And you, back to the right.
- 361. That's perfect, that's perfect.
- 362. Wait, wait. Split that difference.
- 363. Uh, there.
That's perfect. Don't move.
- 364. Right here. So what am I doing?
We're just standing here?
- 365. You're doing mad backflips.
- 366. Let me check.
- 367. Um, it looks like your right hand
- 368. is reaching for something.
Like, maybe the wall?
- 369. Okay.
- 370. Wait, no, no, no.
Behind the wall.
- 371. Yeah.
- 372. There's a light switch.
- 373. What does that one turn on?
- 374. Uh...
- 375. The basement? Let's check.
- 376. Down here.
- 377. Quinn, turn the lights on.
- 378. - This all your dad's stuff?
- 379. Whoa.
- 380. Let's do this.
- 381. Are you sure
you should touch that?
- 382. Help me out.
- 383. We weren't allowed in here.
- 384. We're going in today.
- 385. Help me out.
- 386. Ooh, spooky.
- 387. Jeez! Someone's afraid
of the dark.
- 388. What are you, 10 years old?
- 389. Did you hear that?
- 390. Yeah, what was that?
- 391. I don't hear it anymore.
Was that the light?
- 392. Quinn, keep clicking
the lights on and off.
- 393. I thought I heard a sound.
- 394. - There, there!
- 395. Yeah, I hear it, too.
- 396. It's like a fricking
clicking noise or something.
- 397. Yeah, check over there.
- 398. I don't know
where it's coming from.
- 399. Where's it coming from?
- 400. Wait, I see something.
Leave the lights on!
- 401. Holy shit!
- 402. No way.
- 403. Goddang!
- 404. Wait! Turn the lights back off!
- 405. Why?
- 406. It's connected to the light switch.
- 407. Oh, my God.
- 408. That's the same thing
your dad was holding on the tape.
- 409. The case...
- 410. Help me out.
- 411. - Come on.
- Right here, right here.
- 412. What the hell?
- 413. Turn them on!
- 414. What the hell is that?
- 415. Open it.
No, you open it.
- 416. You need to open it.
It's your dad's.
- 417. Whoa!
- 418. - Oh, my God.
- 419. Chris, come get this.
Chris, Chris, come here.
- 420. I'm getting it.
- 421. What?
- 422. Whoa.
- 423. You getting this, Chris?
- 424. What's D-A-R-P-A?
- 425. It's DARPA.
- 426. It's a classified division of the military.
- 427. They work on all kinds of crazy shit.
- 428. They invented the internet,
- 429. I thought your dad
was in energy research.
- 430. Yes, my dad worked for
Eastern Power and Electric.
- 431. - I mean...
- Is this it?
- 432. Uh... Thermomagnetic
accelerator navigation drive?
- 433. I don't understand.
This is some sort of a machine, guys.
- 434. What, like
a computer or something?
- 435. No, not a machine.
- 436. These schematics use equations
like the theory of relativity.
- 437. Engine pressure ratio.
- 438. Course deviation indicator?
- 439. Longitudinal static stability?
- 440. Hydraulic interface module.
- 441. Oh, wait, here we go.
- 442. ID number 453-Delta-71?
- 443. "Temporal relocation prototype"?
- 444. Temporal relocation?
- 445. That's... That's impossible.
- 446. Any time you guys
want to speak English
- 447. - so that I can follow.
- Temporal relocation.
- 448. What does that mean?
- 449. It means time travel.
- 450. I mean, that's what that means.
- 451. What?
- 452. Holy shit!
- 453. So you're telling me Dad left
a time machine in the basement?
- 454. Well... I mean, I guess technically,
- 455. he left blueprints, but, uh...
- 456. - Still...
- Slow down for one second, okay.
- 457. Let's just all take a beat here.
- 458. DARPA designed this.
- 459. So it could actually be real, right?
- 460. it's possible.
- 461. We should try to build it.
- 462. You guys, my dad messed around
with a bunch of junk down here.
- 463. Why would he hide junk then?
- 464. It's in a fricking case in the ground?
- 465. Even if it wasn't junk...
- 466. Dude, he must have left this for you.
- 467. Okay, I know you'd like to think that
- 468. my dad left me a time machine,
- 469. I think this glass thing is,
- 470. like, the heart of the machine.
- 471. It runs everything.
- 472. David.
- 473. Just for a second think about it.
- 474. You guys are...
- 475. You guys are crazy.
We can't build
- 476. a time machine in my basement.
- 477. I mean, did you see the tape
at your seventh birthday?
- 478. I mean, I think we already did build it.
- 479. - Shit.
- 480. Hello.
- 481. Sweetie, I got to go.
I got to go. I'm sorry.
- 482. Who were you talking to, Dad?
- 483. He's just a friend, David.
- 484. He's here to fix something.
I won't be gone long.
- 485. Promise?
- 486. Of course, I promise.
- 487. Here.
- 488. - Time me.
- 489. it is February 18th, 2014.
- 490. My brother has officially lost his mind.
- 491. He genuinely believes
he is building a time machine.
- 492. Extension cords,
fuses, relays, power cables.
- 493. It's cool you hang out with us.
- 494. You guys
are my ride home, Adam.
- 495. What happened to your pants?
- 496. Sarah Nathan
is a backstabbing bitch.
- 497. Okay, so I've got
five 1,000-volt DC couplers,
- 498. four 70-ohm resistors,
- 499. but I just can't find any, uh, capacitors.
- 500. - Did you check by the couplers?
- What do I look like, an idiot?
- 501. Well, you are
trying to build a time machine, David.
- 502. We're just trying to turn on
this glass box, okay.
- 503. Yeah, yeah, totally.
- 504. Hey, um, excuse me, sir,
- 505. but where is your time machine section?
- 506. Sorry. Nobody likes her.
- 507. We can all agree on something, right?
- 508. I mean, you have to kill Hitler.
- 509. That's like Time Travel 101.
- 510. Naturally, but none
of us even speak German, so...
- 511. That's why God
invented Google Translator, David.
- 512. - Exactly.
- They didn't have Wi-Fi in 1939.
- 513. These are all
the batteries we could afford.
- 514. Well, the guys who
built the Hubble Telescope
- 515. started out building it in their garage
- 516. with parts from Home Depot.
- 517. - Oh, what time was their curfew?
- What are you doing here?
- 518. Just getting a record
of you burning down the house.
- 519. What are you doing?
- 520. I used to kind of watch Dad
do a lot of this stuff.
- 521. This is called stripping wire.
- 522. Hey, Quinn, isn't your mom a stripper?
- 523. Shut up, dude.
- 524. Hey, put the camera down?
I want to teach you.
- 525. All right, I think we're all set.
- 526. Christina, you
may wanna stand back.
- 527. We're pumping about
400 volts into this puppy.
- 528. So, uh, what,
you plug those things together
- 529. and we're gonna go
back to the Stone Age?
- 530. No. If we can't turn
the glass circuit on,
- 531. there's no point in building
the rest of the machine.
- 532. L... I only have one. Sorry, guys.
- 533. Let's hit it.
- 534. What's happening?
- 535. it's supposed to...
- 536. I'm not seeing anything.
- 537. - Holy shit.
- Oh, crap.
- 538. Are you okay?
- 539. - What does that even...
- Give me the camera.
- 540. Give me the camera.
Look at yourself. Your hair.
- 541. - What is it? What?
- Your hair.
- 542. - On your head.
- Touch your head!
- 543. Oh, my God.
- 544. Wow.
- 545. Guys, guys, guys!
- 546. What the shit?
- 547. What's going on?
What's it doing?
- 548. ls anybody else seeing this?
- 549. It's creating electromagnetic energy!
- 550. Whoa!
- 551. - Whoa!
- Oh, shit!
- 552. What the...
- 553. it's in my mouth! Dude! Dude!
- 554. All the batteries are fried.
- 555. This battery flew up and almost hit me.
- 556. - Dude, it did hit me.
- Film everything.
- 557. From now on, film everything.
- 558. I've literally never seen
any inputs like this before.
- 559. I mean, it must be a prototype.
- 560. Let me see it.
- 561. It's DARPA. They have access
to more technology than we do.
- 562. Intentional obsolescence.
You've got to love it.
- 563. Oh, wow. This is...
- 564. We need a graphics processor.
- 565. Where the hell do we get one of those?
- 566. You owe me a new Xbox, dude.
- 567. Okay, you know what, guys?
Just don't talk to me for a while.
- 568. When you love something,
Quinn, you have to set it free.
- 569. This isn't a joke to me, Christina, okay?
- 570. This is my life here.
- 571. Right there, right there.
- 572. Wow. What the hell is that?
- 573. Uh, some kind of navigation program.
- 574. I think we can control
the time machine with this.
- 575. Okay, so, you're telling me
that thing can run the whole machine?
- 576. I thought it called for
a boatload of computers.
- 577. No, this was 12 years ago
my dad made the schematics.
- 578. They didn't have the technology.
- 579. Trust me, welcome to 2014.
- 580. This thing is strong enough
to send a rocket to the moon.
- 581. You enter the time here,
- 582. and you just press
the red button and boom.
- 583. - We're Doctor Who.
- Who's Doctor Who?
- 584. Dude, I am sorry for every
mean thing I've ever said to you.
- 585. - Really?
- 586. - Mean thing today. What he said today.
- Oh, yeah, today.
- 587. So, how much longer
is this gonna take?
- 588. Chris, it's not some
high school textbook, okay.
- 589. This is highly classified schematics.
- 590. It could take a day, take weeks.
We don't know.
- 591. It goes back six weeks, but
- 592. we have to split the power
for the return trip,
- 593. so it's three weeks in the past,
three weeks back.
- 594. If we go further than that,
we're basically stuck there.
- 595. What?
- 596. We're stuck in the past forever!
- 597. Why?
- 598. If we go more than three weeks...
I'll tell you later!
- 599. Goddang it!
- 600. Oh, shit, my Xbox
is all tricked out.
- 601. That looks good.
- 602. That's insane.
- 603. You finish with those couplers yet?
- 604. Yeah, almost.
- 605. Whoa, what the hell, man?
- 606. Wait. Are you...
- 607. These two wires right here?
- 608. What do I do with this screwdriver?
- 609. Here we go. There it is.
- 610. That's it!
- 611. Uh, I think I finally
got this thing dialed in.
- 612. This looks good, David.
You need this for something?
- 613. - I feel like you might need this.
- No, I don't need that.
- 614. Hey, guys, are we in position?
- 615. Wait, let me get my helmet.
- 616. Relax, the switch is cold.
- 617. - I thought you just said it was cold!
- It's off!
- 618. That is not cold!
Do you know what "cold" means?
- 619. - Do you feel the power?
- Guys, guys, guys!
- 620. What the...
- 621. How is this happening?
- 622. I don't know.
- 623. Is it all the electromagnetic energy?
- 624. Oh. Then explain this. Come here, Chris.
- 625. Holy shit.
- 626. - Oh, my God. Look at that!
- Oh, shit.
- 627. What the...
- 628. Guys!
- 629. Holy shit, are you guys seeing this?
- 630. Does it hurt? What's it like?
- 631. What's my hand doing?
- 632. David, the battery's overheating!
- 633. Are you okay?
- 634. Yeah. That was... That was awesome.
- 635. These batteries are dead. It didn't work.
- 636. Guys?
- 637. Does this seem familiar to you?
- 638. Oh, my God.
- 639. Okay, so I was wrong.
That's definitely you.
- 640. I mean, you guys, we're, uh,
- 641. close.
- 642. We still need hydrogen.
Without it, we're done.
- 643. - What do you mean done?
- Without hydrogen, no fusion.
- 644. Without fusion, there's no time travel.
- 645. Well, how much will it cost?
- 646. It's not a matter of cost.
- 647. I mean, you need
a permit just to buy it, so...
- 648. Oh!
- 649. You guys, I got an idea.
- 650. Cut the camera.
- 651. I can't believe we're doing this.
- 652. Wait, wait.
There's a security guard.
- 653. Hey, Argo, you realize
we're not taking hostages, right?
- 654. - What, you didn't bring yours?
- 655. Can we get expelled for this?
- 656. Obviously.
- 657. Let's go.
- 658. Go, go, go.
- 659. We're clear.
- 660. Yo, what's the code?
- 661. One, three, four, five.
- 662. Come on, hurry.
Wait, is it...
- 663. it's pi. Duh.
- 664. Put it, put it, put it.
- 665. - Yes! Lights.
- Go, go, go, go!
- 666. Someone get the lights.
- 667. Lights, lights.
Go, go, go!
- 668. Guys, it's probably
locked in one of these, okay?
- 669. Wait up. David, David.
- 670. David, too far,
too far, come back.
- 671. Yes!
- 672. God, I'm strong.
- 673. - Hey, get one of those crates!
- 674. Yo, how much do we need?
- 675. We'll take them all.
Get the bag.
- 676. We might not get another shot.
- 677. Here, I got two crates.
- 678. Yo, I can't carry all that.
- 679. Careful, it's hydrogen!
- 680. Got it. Let's get out of here.
- 681. - Whoa!
- Oh, come on.
- 682. You frickin' idiot.
- 683. Come on!
- 684. You got the camera?
Yeah, got it.
- 685. Come on, come on, come on.
- 686. You first.
- 687. Hey, does anyone want to take like...
- 688. I don't know, like a five-minute break?
- 689. It looks like Walker's having a party.
- 690. Guys, it works.
The hydrogen fits.
- 691. Chris, get in position.
- 692. What's with the watches?
- 693. Okay, so if this works,
- 694. when the red one comes back,
it'll be 60 seconds
- 695. behind the black one.
- 696. Here you go.
- 697. This is Project... Oh, yeah.
- 698. This is Project Almanac.
Experiment one, trial one.
- 699. Temporal distance, 60 seconds.
- 700. In English, please?
- 701. Uh, it means we're going
to send your crappy toy
- 702. a minute back into the past.
All right, you guys ready?
- 703. Quinn. Are you going to set this?
- 704. - Oh, shit.
- One job, he has one job.
- 705. - GoPro, set.
- Come on, come on, come on.
- 706. All right, we're good.
- 707. Three, two...
- 708. Wait, let me put my goggles on.
- 709. Chris, come on,
be present, focus.
- 710. One second.
- 711. You good?
- 712. Three, two, one.
- 713. What the hell?
Just give it a second.
- 714. Do it again, just do it again, man. Go on.
- 715. Three, two, one.
- 716. What the hell, Adam?
- 717. Just give me a second.
- 718. What did you do?
- 719. Oh, shit.
- 720. - All right.
- It's working!
- 721. The power's holding!
- 722. What's going on?
Come on, come on!
- 723. Oh, shit!
- 724. Come on!
- 725. What the hell?
- 726. No, no, no, no.
- 727. - They're fried.
- 728. You guys, we haven't
had a night off in weeks.
- 729. Why don't we just, you know,
- 730. take it off and check out the party.
- 731. Then how the hell
are we supposed to do this?
- 732. This thing just keeps
eating through batteries, man.
- 733. We need a really strong power source.
- 734. Something that can
recharge itself as it puts out power.
- 735. it's nickel-metal hydride.
Oh, my God, how did I not...
- 736. Oh, for sure. What did he say?
- 737. What the hell is he doing?
- 738. Beats me.
- 739. Why is he getting Jessie Pierce
to park in our driveway?
- 740. Right there's good.
- 741. Whoa! Jessie Pierce drives?
- 742. I assumed she just, like,
appeared out of thin air,
- 743. like most mythological creatures.
- 744. You guys coming to the party?
- 745. - Yeah. We just gotta get changed.
- 746. - Stay out of my perfume.
- Jessie, come on.
- 747. I'm gonna need
every jumper cable you can find.
- 748. We're going to use her battery.
- 749. I got them.
- 750. - Christina.
- Here you go.
- 751. What's so special
about this hybrid battery?
- 752. Its negative electrode uses
a hydrogen-absorbing alloy...
- 753. Okay, you know what?
Forget I asked.
- 754. - Connecting now!
- 755. - Dude!
- That was awesome.
- 756. Hey, what's the hell's
taking you guys so long?
- 757. Well, maybe, you know,
if Adam wasn't trying to kill me,
- 758. then it might go a little faster.
- 759. - Stop laughing, it's not funny! Come on!
- 760. We're good.
Let's go, let's go! Come on!
- 761. Quick! Adam, clean off the table.
- 762. How long do we have?
- 763. I don't know.
Chris, how long do girls stay at parties?
- 764. Well, dude,
hot girls don't stay at parties long.
- 765. They go to multiple ones,
like five or six a night.
- 766. - What do you know about that?
- Is this gonna work?
- 767. I don't know, there's a good chance
we're gonna blow up her car.
- 768. - Chris, give me a hand. Here.
- 769. Look, I want you to make sure
this connection is stable.
- 770. So we just go, right, David?
Yeah! it's cool.
- 771. GoPro set.
Wait, let me get my helmet.
- 772. - Coordinates set, 60 seconds.
- Come on, come on.
- 773. Let me get my goggles!
- 774. Oh, shit, it doesn't reach.
Guys, table, table, table!
- 775. Okay, one, two, three, push.
- 776. Again, again!
- 777. One, two, three, push.
- 778. - Whoa!
- 779. Everybody, back, back, back.
- 780. Look at the camera!
Look at the camera!
- 781. Let me get my camera!
I gotta get it!
- 782. Let me get my camera!
Hold on one second!
- 783. Chris, come on!
- 784. Chris, hurry up!
- 785. Aw. Jeez, that was loud.
- 786. Oh, my God.
- 787. David, let me in!
David, open the door!
- 788. Oh, shit, guys! it's Jessie.
- 789. Do not let her in!
She can't handle this, honestly!
- 790. David, what the hell? Wh...
- 791. What is going on?
What are you doing?
- 792. Jessie, get down!
- 793. Why? What are you guys doing?
Oh, my God.
- 794. Project Almanac.
- 795. Experiment one, trial two.
- 796. Get that, get that, get that!
- 797. - What is all this?
- Get this! Get this!
- 798. Get down!
- 799. Oh, my God, the lights went out.
- 800. Are you guys okay?
- 801. Yeah. Are you?
- 802. You okay?
- 803. That scared me.
- 804. Good idea.
- 805. Oh, God. Oh, God.
- 806. What the hell?
- 807. Wait, disconnecting.
- 808. Grab the camera.
- 809. Where's the...
Guys, where's the Corvette?
- 810. it was supposed
to be here, one minute behind.
- 811. What the hell did you guys do?
- 812. I can't believe
the Corvette's not there.
- 813. This doesn't make any sense.
- 814. Ow, ow!
- 815. Chris, are you sure you're okay?
- 816. Yeah, I'm okay.
- 817. Oh, shit.
Hey, guys, I found it!
- 818. No way.
Oh, my God.
- 819. What?
- 820. It's fused to the fricking wall!
- 821. - No way.
- Are you guys seeing this?
- 822. Yo, stopwatch.
- 823. My God!
It went back two hours. David?
- 824. - Two hours?
- That's what it says.
- 825. What's on the GoPro?
- 826. Clean off the table.
How long do we have?
- 827. I don't know.
- 828. It was there the whole time.
- 829. Well, dude,
hot girls don't stay at parties long.
- 830. They go to multiple ones,
like five or six a night.
- 831. What do you know about that?
- 832. I can't even comprehend this right now.
- 833. it works.
- 834. We sent something back in time.
- 835. Chris...
- 836. - Hey.
- Hey. You okay?
- 837. Uh, yeah. I just...
- 838. I don't really understand
what just happened.
- 839. Well...
- 840. We just built a time machine.
- 841. - We built a time machine.
- We built a time machine.
- 842. Smoke! Shit! The cables!
- 843. - Get the fire extinguisher!
- Oh, my God. My car!
- 844. So, what's with the backpack?
- 845. I'm reducing the width of frame
- 846. so the machine can fit inside
a 22-by-14-inch backpack.
- 847. So we could
just walk around with it?
- 848. - It'd only weigh 8 pounds.
- The whole thing?
- 849. Goldberg!
It's time for your presentation.
- 850. Did that guy
just say "presentation"?
- 851. - All right, everybody, settle down.
- Quinn, you didn't study?
- 852. No, I didn't study.
I've been building a time machine.
- 853. Let's get this over with.
- 854. - You're up first.
- Yeah, I know.
- 855. Name the first 10 elements
of the periodic table.
- 856. All right, so, um,
I was thinking we should
- 857. start off small. I was making a list.
- 858. - Uh, bacteria, to send through.
- 859. I can grab something
from Dr. Lou's class.
- 860. He actually really likes me.
- 861. Yesterday I was at Petco with my mom.
- 862. And they have, like,
dozens of those little white mice,
- 863. and you could just send those back.
- 864. Think about it.
If you were a mouse, you'd be like,
- 865. "Damn, I'm time traveling right now!"
- 866. Guys, I'm serious.
We need to keep this quiet.
- 867. Okay, Jessie saw me staring at her.
- 868. That's real smooth...
Real smooth, David, perfect.
- 869. Guys, can you please not just
all look at her? Guys, stop!
- 870. Hey, guys!
- 871. - Smooth, guys. Nice.
- Is she coming over?
- 872. David, game face,
put your game face on.
- 873. I haven't got a game face.
- 874. Somebody say something.
- 875. Okay,
thank you for letting us use your battery.
- 876. Yeah, no problem.
What are you going to do with it?
- 877. Well, we're gonna test it.
- 878. But I thought
you already tested it.
- 879. Yeah, yeah, but we haven't tested
on a living organism.
- 880. So now you're going to
test it on people, right?
- 881. No!
- 882. Bacteria first.
- 883. - We need to start...
- 884. You've been to Petco, right?
- 885. You've seen all the white mice?
- 886. Quinn, enough with the Petco.
- 887. We have to take this step by step.
- 888. Be very conscious of what we're doing.
- 889. Right, but shouldn't
the next step be, like,
- 890. testing it on us?
- 891. It's not... You know, this is not a toy.
- 892. We need to take it step by step...
- 893. I'm not
saying it's a toy, but like...
- 894. I mean, there's a lot
of things we have to think about...
- 895. Hey, what is that?
- 896. - What is this?
- What? My keys?
- 897. Oh, my God.
- 898. What's wrong with my keys?
- 899. They're just really cool.
- 900. You're kidding, right?
- 901. - Hello?
- 902. I don't...
- 903. - This isn't fake, right?
- 904. No, it's real.
- 905. it doesn't make any sense.
- 906. You guys film everything, huh?
- 907. I think, um, we have to go with
- 908. another inanimate object
and then move our way to...
- 909. No.
- 910. You know, plants and...
- 911. - Come on.
- Come on, what?
- 912. You're watching this video
and you're gonna send
- 913. another inanimate object through?
- 914. it'll be very
- 915. But you know that you can do this.
- 916. What are you waiting for?
- 917. if we increase the power
to the glass circuit,
- 918. the diameter of the warp
could expand to 9 feet,
- 919. which may fit all five of us.
- 920. Graphics processor dialed in.
- 921. Am I gonna get electrocuted?
- 922. Setting the machine
to 24 hours back.
- 923. That's how far we'll push it.
- 924. David, I'm getting scared.
- 925. Running system diagnostic test.
- 926. All systems check.
- 927. Guys,
turning machine to standby mode.
- 928. We're ready to go.
- 929. Dad, I'm not sure what you were
doing down here
- 930. or why you were doing it,
- 931. but this is for you.
- 932. Full disclosure, guys.
- 933. There's a slight chance that
- 934. oxygen and nitrogen naturally
found in the air could catalyze.
- 935. What does that mean?
- 936. We could explode.
- 937. Here. Set the GoPro up over there,
- 938. so we can get a, you know,
wide shot of the environment.
- 939. Okay.
- 940. We need to move away from the car,
away from the trees,
- 941. and everything, right.
Get some clearance.
- 942. Remember, the warp has
a 10-foot diameter, so...
- 943. - Yeah.
- Where should we go?
- 944. I think, um, yeah, right here?
- 945. Are you recording?
- 946. No, the red light means
something else entirely.
- 947. Okay.
- 948. To reiterate,
- 949. because of the catalyzation
of the oxygen in our lungs,
- 950. do not hold your breath.
You got that?
- 951. Yeah.
- 952. Because of the high level of impact,
- 953. - keep your body loose, right?
- 954. And because of UV light,
keep your eyes closed.
- 955. Yeah.
- 956. Okay, is anyone else, like,
shitting their pants right now?
- 957. - Or is it...
- 958. Guys, I'm not gonna lie.
I'm completely terrified.
- 959. But I'm the one who's on the tape.
- 960. So if you guys
- 961. don't want to come, I understand. Okay?
- 962. I'm in. If you're going, I am.
- 963. I'm in, too.
- 964. I'm with the group.
- 965. I've done every boring thing
with you since first grade.
- 966. Of course I'm coming.
- 967. All right.
- 968. Let's step in.
- 969. Wait, like right now?
- 970. It's all right. It's okay.
- 971. We're going to be okay.
- 972. We're gonna be okay.
- 973. Chris, come on, you need to get closer.
- 974. Okay.
- 975. All right, you guys ready for this?
- 976. - Yeah.
- 977. Get in closer!
- 978. Guys! Guys! Look!
- 979. Holy shit! Get down!
- 980. God, it's burning.
- 981. David, your ears.
- 982. Guys?
Guys, I can't hear anything.
- 983. Guys? I can't hear!
- 984. Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?
- 985. You can? Okay.
- 986. Holy shit!
- 987. You okay?
- 988. - Where's Adam?
- Yeah, where's Adam?
- 989. Where's Adam?
- 990. What the hell?
What the hell?
- 991. - My God, please tell me you got that.
- Are you all right?
- 992. Please tell me you got all that.
- 993. You all right, buddy?
- 994. I'm okay.
- 995. We're okay.
- 996. - Did it work?
- 997. Where's the car?
- 998. Well, if it worked, it's not gonna be here
- 999. until we drive it here tomorrow.
- 1000. Look at this. Look.
- 1001. Holy shit.
- 1002. David, we need
to see if this really worked.
- 1003. Wait, I got an idea. Yeah,
I got a sick idea. Come on.
- 1004. Shh.
- 1005. - My neighbor's dog is a beast.
- 1006. - Why are we going in your house?
- Just trust me.
- 1007. Seriously, this is what we're doing?
- 1008. My mom's asleep, just don't wake her.
- 1009. I want to see if this works.
- 1010. Have you guys ever
seen the movie Looper?
- 1011. No.
God, I love that movie.
- 1012. What are we doing?
- 1013. - What are we doing here?
- 1014. It's sick, right?
- 1015. - Watch this, watch this.
- No, no, no...
- 1016. Shh. Stop!
- 1017. You guys! Shh.
- 1018. Oh, my God.
- 1019. Get that. Get that.
- 1020. Oh, my God, this is cool.
- 1021. This is sick.
- 1022. Oh, my God, he's waking up!
Guys, guys, guys...
- 1023. What? What?
- 1024. - What?
- 1025. - What? What?
- What? What?
- 1026. What? What?
- 1027. Oh, my God, what's happening?
- 1028. We've got to get him out of here!
- 1029. - Quinn, stop looking!
- 1030. it was a crazy feedback loop.
- 1031. - Look at me, are you okay?
- I'm all right. Okay.
- 1032. Quinn,
you disappeared for a second.
- 1033. I think we should get out of here.
- 1034. Yeah, we should
get out of here. Let's go!
- 1035. We did it! We really did it!
- 1036. It's yesterday!
- 1037. it's yesterday!
- 1038. It's yesterday!
- 1039. - Whoo!
- 1040. Oh, shit!
- 1041. Run!
- 1042. Run, run!
- 1043. Shit, it's coming!
- 1044. David, take us back!
- 1045. David, hit the button!
- 1046. David, get us back!
- 1047. Come on! Get close!
Get close to me now!
- 1048. Oh, my God, we're alive.
- 1049. Adam. Oh, shit.
- 1050. Are you all right?
- 1051. Are you kidding?
- 1052. Holy shit! Holy shit!
- 1053. - Guys?
- 1054. I don't think we're alone.
- 1055. Hey.
- 1056. Hey, puppy.
- 1057. Hey.
- 1058. He's drooling all over me.
- 1059. I know, he's drooling on me,
- 1060. Move him over there.
He's on my side...
- 1061. Guys, why am I in the trunk?
- 1062. Quinn,
stop pushing him on my side.
- 1063. Sit, sit, sit.
- 1064. Guys... Guys, check it out.
- 1065. These flyers definitely
weren't here before we jumped.
- 1066. Huh.
There's so many of them.
- 1067. That's weird.
- 1068. Do you think
we changed things?
- 1069. What does it say?
- 1070. it says, uh, "Lost Dog."
- 1071. Guys, we changed reality.
- 1072. Holy shit.
- 1073. - Oh.
- 1074. David, come on.
- 1075. Oh.
- 1076. Well, I told you we wouldn't die.
- 1077. Yeah.
- 1078. L, uh...
- 1079. No, I got my wallet.
Never mind. I thought it was...
- 1080. Thought it was on my side of the car?
- 1081. No, I was just checking my backpack.
- 1082. Thank you for the ride.
- 1083. - You're welcome, David.
- I'll see you, uh... See you at school.
- 1084. Dude, how have you
never seen Timecop?
- 1085. Quit saying that like it's a bad thing.
- 1086. Look, you're missing the point.
- 1087. You can't go back and give yourself
information about the future.
- 1088. Dude, wrong. That's the entire
purpose of time traveling.
- 1089. Here, just look at Terminators
one through four.
- 1090. My dad...
- 1091. He's a genius.
- 1092. He's an absolute genius.
- 1093. Dude, you could actually, like,
go back and meet him now.
- 1094. - We can do anything.
- We can meet anyone.
- 1095. Literally.
- 1096. You guys, we invented
freaking time travel!
- 1097. Why don't we sell this thing to Richard
Branson for, like, a zillion dollars?
- 1098. We didn't invent anything, first of all.
- 1099. We just put it together with the directions
that we had over there, so...
- 1100. You make it sound like we got it at IKEA.
- 1101. Okay, we can't sell it.
- 1102. No chance.
We don't even know what it is.
- 1103. We don't even know what it can do yet.
- 1104. Okay, well, look,
I mean, he's right,
- 1105. but we could beat the stock market,
or win the Powerball.
- 1106. Stock market, Powerball.
It's not about money.
- 1107. We could do whatever we want.
- 1108. Imagine the possibilities.
- 1109. It's like a second chance machine.
- 1110. We know.
- 1111. Okay, so we need to learn how to use it.
- 1112. How hard is it
to learn how to time travel?
- 1113. Obviously, very, man.
You almost short-circuited last night.
- 1114. Dude, you were disappearing.
- 1115. We gotta have rules.
- 1116. - Okay.
- 1117. - Yes. So what are they?
- What are the rules then?
- 1118. First rule, no jumping alone.
- 1119. We always have to jump
all together every time.
- 1120. - That makes sense.
- 1121. What else?
- 1122. Well, we could film
all of ourjumps,
- 1123. so that if we mess something up,
we know what we did wrong.
- 1124. - That's a good idea.
- That's a great idea.
- 1125. And we have to keep it a secret. Right?
- 1126. So no Twitter, no Facebook,
- 1127. - none of that stuff.
- 1128. We should have code names.
Like safe words.
- 1129. You know, from now on,
I want to be called Obsidian One.
- 1130. I'm definitely
not taking part in any of that.
- 1131. Whatever.
- 1132. So what do you guys
wanna do with the machine?
- 1133. I want to see Biggie and Tupac live.
- 1134. You know what? I wanna go
to the original Star Wars premiere.
- 1135. That's not bad.
- 1136. Dude, that is so freaking awesome!
- 1137. Guys, guys, I wanna go back
and meet Einstein, okay,
- 1138. but this machine only goes
back three weeks. All right?
- 1139. So we have to take it slow.
Keep testing it.
- 1140. But there's still things we can change.
- 1141. Well, I just failed my Chem report.
- 1142. And I don't really wanna
repeat 12th grade,
- 1143. I'd probably go change that.
- 1144. I wouldn't mind being captain
of the baseball team.
- 1145. No.
- 1146. What do you mean, no?
- 1147. It's not a magic wand,
it's just kinda a time machine.
- 1148. Cool, thanks, man.
- 1149. Okay, right there, you guys.
- 1150. You're getting bullied.
I'm failing high school.
- 1151. You know, let's take
this thing out for a spin.
- 1152. Cheers to that.
- 1153. Here's to taking it out for a spin.
- 1154. Let's take it for a spin. Baseball...
- 1155. There, that's it. I think we got it.
- 1156. Okay, David,
so my Chem report was eight days ago.
- 1157. That's pretty secure.
- 1158. Here, let me fix your strap.
- 1159. Thanks.
- 1160. Looks good.
- 1161. Looks good.
- 1162. Experiment four, "Bait and Switch."
- 1163. Chris, are you already in class?
- 1164. I forgot my gym clothes.
- 1165. He's coming, he's coming.
- 1166. Okay, I see him.
- 1167. Chris, go stop him
before he gets to Chemistry.
- 1168. Hey, Quinn, hey, what's up?
- 1169. Um, Lou's sick, class is canceled.
- 1170. There's no sub?
- 1171. What are you, Sherlock Holmes?
No, there's no sub.
- 1172. - Sweet.
- You're good, don't worry about it.
- 1173. We're good, we're good.
- 1174. Okay.
- 1175. Awesome job, Chris.
- 1176. - Did it work?
- 1177. What a douche.
- 1178. Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium, Beryllium,
- 1179. Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen.
- 1180. Then why are you texting him
at 3:00 in the morning?
- 1181. You're overreacting.
We're just friends.
- 1182. Quinny, listen.
- 1183. Relax, relax, relax.
- 1184. Quinn Goldberg.
- 1185. All right, everybody, settle down.
- 1186. Goldberg! Let's get this over with.
- 1187. Let's dance, Lou!
- 1188. Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium, Beryllium,
- 1189. Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen,
- 1190. Atomic weight of Fluorine?
- 1191. Atomic weight, what?
- 1192. Do you know it or not?
- 1193. You didn't ask that last time!
So why would I know that?
- 1194. Last time?
What the hell are you talking about?
- 1195. Goldberg, this is about comprehension,
- 1196. See you after class.
Okay, let that be a lesson.
- 1197. - Comprehension.
- 1198. Who doesn't know
the atomic weight of fluorine?
- 1199. Why did he ask him that?
- 1200. Okay, so fluorine is 15.2.
- 1201. Then why are you texting him
at 3:00 in the morning?
- 1202. You're overreacting.
- 1203. Okay, 24.03.
- 1204. All right, you ready?
- 1205. All right, settle down, everybody.
- 1206. Goldberg! Let's get this over with.
- 1207. My thoughts exactly.
- 1208. Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium, Beryllium,
- 1209. Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen,
- 1210. - Fluorine.
- Yeah, Fluorine.
- 1211. Great, keep going.
- 1212. Neon, Sodium, uh, Magnesium,
- 1213. What's the classification of silicon?
- 1214. Silicon, are you kidding?
- 1215. Goldberg, this is about com...
- 1216. Comprehension,
not memorization, I know.
- 1217. You're kidding.
We have to do this again?
- 1218. This is hell. This is what hell is like.
- 1219. I made flashcards this time.
- 1220. I know everything
backwards and forwards.
- 1221. Then why are you texting him
at 3:00 in the morning?
- 1222. You're overreacting. He's just a friend.
- 1223. But she'll be screwing Ryan in a week.
- 1224. - Trust me.
- Hey, guys, look out!
- 1225. Shit, it's us.
- 1226. Did you just check out my ass?
- 1227. Uh, yeah. Yeah, I did. Um...
- 1228. Quinn, even Chris knows it by now.
This is ridiculous.
- 1229. Okay, okay. I'm gonna
Groundhog Day this bitch.
- 1230. All right, everybody, settle down.
- 1231. Goldberg! Let's...
- 1232. Get this over with!
- 1233. Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium,
- 1234. Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen,
Fluorine, Neon, Sodium.
- 1235. What's the atomic weight of...
- 1236. Sodium, 22.98.
- 1237. What's silicon's classification?
- 1238. Silicon's classification is semi-metallic.
- 1239. And its electron configuration is
- 1240. Ne,
- 1241. 3s23p2.
- 1242. And its atomic number is 14!
- 1243. Boom, Lou! That just happened!
- 1244. That's mine. Quinn Goldberg, pleasure.
- 1245. What was that?
- 1246. Finally.
- 1247. Finally.
- 1248. - Perfect.
- What's next?
- 1249. Anybody?
- 1250. Well, I'm being
bullied in high school
- 1251. and I want to stand up for myself.
- 1252. Nice.
- 1253. Beat up Sarah Nathan. Got it.
- 1254. Let's do it.
Chick fight. I love it. Let's do it.
- 1255. Experiment 14, payback time.
- 1256. God, Christina. Walk much?
- 1257. Hi, Justin.
- 1258. You got this, Chris.
- 1259. You got this, Chris.
- 1260. I got this. I got this.
- 1261. - But you were just...
- I'm everywhere, bitch.
- 1262. Chris, you're a beast!
- 1263. You're a frickin' beast!
- 1264. Experiment 15,
saving our house.
- 1265. You think it's gonna work?
- 1266. I don't know.
- 1267. Youkilis with the 1-0 count.
- 1268. Line drive to right field.
Cano scores. Yanks up, 6-2.
- 1269. down the right field line. Cano scores.
- 1270. Guys, what's taking so long?
You think there's
- 1271. - something wrong in there?
- I don't know.
- 1272. Do you think we can go to jail
for cheating on the lottery?
- 1273. You guys know
what we're doing isn't illegal, right?
- 1274. Hey, chill. I always wanted
to be a getaway driver.
- 1275. Go, go, go, go!
Jessie, start the engine!
- 1276. - Start the engine!
- I got it, guys! I got it!
- 1277. - Go! Go!
- I'm going!
- 1278. This is gonna be so frigging awesome!
- 1279. We'll never have to worry
about money ever again.
- 1280. We're gonna be so rich, I'm gonna hire
Kim Kardashian to have my baby.
- 1281. "Winner's Parking"!
- 1282. Oh, my God.
- 1283. Put it there. Put it right there.
- 1284. - This is worth so much money.
- I respect you for that.
- 1285. After taxes, that's $53,876,522.
- 1286. Want to bet me $100,000
that you're right?
- 1287. I'll bet you $200,000 I'm exact.
- 1288. All right, wait here. I'll go check.
- 1289. - She's checking?
- She's checking.
- 1290. She's checking.
- 1291. Congratulations. You're winners.
- 1292. Me personally,
I'm gonna take it easy at first.
- 1293. You know, I'm gonna get
a yacht, a few Ferraris,
- 1294. you know, then see what happens,
go from there.
- 1295. Okay, you guys do know
that $1.8 million after taxes
- 1296. isn't enough for what you want to do?
- 1297. You should save it, pay for college.
- 1298. I'm sorry, I thought you just said 1.8?
- 1299. It was 53 million,
876 thousand, and, uh...
- 1300. After taxes.
- 1301. You guys only got
five out of six numbers.
- 1302. - Why did you put 44?
- Are you kidding me?
- 1303. Because that's what you put down.
- 1304. That is not what I put down.
I put a... That is a nine.
- 1305. That's 49, Adam.
- 1306. - Are you blind?
- How is that a nine?
- 1307. You have to go back and do it again!
- 1308. I am not winning the lottery twice!
- 1309. Smile, guys, come on.
This is great.
- 1310. It's a million dollars, guys.
Are you freaking kidding me?
- 1311. Wait, what?
No, you have to use that for school.
- 1312. No, no.
- 1313. There was plenty more. Please.
- 1314. Oh, my God.
- 1315. Okay. Mom...
- 1316. - Okay, bye.
- 1317. I love you.
- 1318. Make yourself useful.
What the hell?
- 1319. - Whoo!
- Hey, welcome to Maserati.
- 1320. - Can I help you?
- Wassup, bro?
- 1321. What's a guy got to do to get
a test drive around here?
- 1322. Well, I'd love to, but this is
a big boy's car.
- 1323. You see, I was either going to buy
one of these or 17 Toyota Corollas.
- 1324. - Whoo!
- 1325. Oh, shoot, is that my xenon difluoride?
- 1326. Is that a sex doll?
- 1327. No, it's an insanely powerful battery.
Oh, my God.
- 1328. Bet right now.
Next person who scores, 10 grand.
- 1329. - Get in there!
- Damn it.
- 1330. - Pay up.
- This game is stupid.
- 1331. I wanna hear
my money being counted.
- 1332. One hundred, 200, 300, 400...
- 1333. David, come on.
Come hang out with us.
- 1334. Yeah. Look,
I'll be there in one second.
- 1335. I just wanna tweak something
with the auxiliary output, okay?
- 1336. David,
you're allowed to take a break.
- 1337. Hi.
- 1338. So, what do you think of David?
- 1339. Chris, it's your brother.
- 1340. Don't worry, he can't hear us.
- 1341. He is pretty smart, huh?
- 1342. Experiment 16.
- 1343. Attempting to extend the time differential
- 1344. between two and four years
with minimal voltage input.
- 1345. David? You're still down here?
- 1346. - Jess. Hey.
- 1347. Sorry, I think I left my English folder.
- 1348. Yes, you did. It's right there.
- 1349. Thank you.
- 1350. Is there something wrong
with the machine?
- 1351. No, I'm trying to figure out
how to make it go back even further.
- 1352. - You know what I mean?
- Can you?
- 1353. I think so.
- 1354. I've been running some tests on a new
battery source, uh, xenon difluoride.
- 1355. You just made that up, right?
- 1356. - No.
- 1357. How far back could we go
if you got it to work?
- 1358. Ten years?
- 1359. Ten years. Seriously?
- 1360. Yeah. Ten years.
- 1361. Sorry. When you said "time machine,"
- 1362. I thought dinosaurs,
or at least Woodstock.
- 1363. Why do you always do that?
- 1364. - The watch thing.
- 1365. I don't know. It's like
a nervous habit or something.
- 1366. - Oh.
- 1367. Are you saying I make you nervous?
- 1368. No.
- 1369. L, uh...
- 1370. So where did you get it?
- 1371. - What?
- The watch.
- 1372. Oh. Uh, my dad
gave it to me before he died.
- 1373. I was like... On my seventh birthday.
- 1374. - Your seventh birthday, right?
- 1375. You look just like him.
- 1376. Really?
- 1377. - Handsome.
- Thank you.
- 1378. So how did he, um...
- 1379. it was a car crash.
- 1380. He left my party. Um, had some kind
of urgent call or something.
- 1381. I don't even really know.
- 1382. To be honest with you,
I don't know the whole story.
- 1383. You think you'll go back to save him?
- 1384. That's what I'm trying to do.
- 1385. If I can just get the machine
to go back that far.
- 1386. Maybe I'm the mastermind.
- 1387. Did you ever think about that?
- 1388. I mean, you're pretty smart.
You're pretty smart.
- 1389. I'm just saying, like, you know,
- 1390. clearly something's missing.
- 1391. And now you have my keys
and now you have me, so...
- 1392. Wait. What do you mean, I have you?
- 1393. Well, you know, I'm like...
- 1394. I'm part of the group now, right?
- 1395. What's outside?
- 1396. Oh, my God!
- 1397. I'd usually make a joke,
but this is awesome.
- 1398. Dude, Quinn is insane!
- 1399. David! What up, dude?
- 1400. He's crazy!
- 1401. I got Mexican food!
I got Cuban, fusion, lndian,
- 1402. all sorts of different flavors!
- 1403. Adam! Adam! Where's mine?
- 1404. Here, Chris.
- 1405. Way to go, Finn! Finn! Whoo!
- 1406. Did she just call you Finn?
- 1407. - Finn?
- 1408. All right. Finn, Finn, Finn!
- 1409. Finn!
- 1410. Finn! Finn! Finn! Finn! Finn!
Finn! Finn! Finn! Finn!
- 1411. This is the best day of my life!
- 1412. Uh, sixth period,
under the bleachers, okay?
- 1413. Meet me there.
- 1414. Yeah, maybe if I'm done
having sex with all these girls.
- 1415. And in his effort
to avert the British
- 1416. from recognizing the Confederacy,
- 1417. he subjugated what?
- 1418. He...
- 1419. He subjugated the what?
- 1420. The...
- 1421. - Yeah, David?
- Can I use the bathroom?
- 1422. Yeah.
- 1423. So...
- 1424. He subjugated the what?
- 1425. He subjugated the what of the...
- 1426. Hmm?
- 1427. He subjugated...
- 1428. He just texted me, I swear. Hey.
- 1429. Yo, what's wrong with your face?
- 1430. - What?
- You're smiling, like huge.
- 1431. What are we doing here, David?
- 1432. - Yeah. What are we doing here?
it's a surprise.
- 1433. - I like surprises. Shut up!
- No one cares what you like.
- 1434. I should be in trig, David.
- 1435. I know, I know. Don't worry,
we'll just be gone one minute.
- 1436. All right, guys.
- 1437. Who wants to push this thing
back three months?
- 1438. How? The machine can't do that.
- 1439. Trust me. Just brace harder than before.
- 1440. This feels different.
Are you sure this is okay?
- 1441. Guys, yo, yo, yo!
- 1442. I know it's not Woodstock
or anything, but...
- 1443. it'll do!
- 1444. - It'll do.
- 1445. All right, sweet.
- 1446. Can I have your number?
- 1447. Whoo!
- 1448. Dude, I'm supposed
to be in gym right now!
- 1449. I'm never going home!
- 1450. Oh, here. The schedule.
- 1451. We're not gonna see gangsta rap
over Vampire Weekend. That's dumb.
- 1452. - You guys, wait, you guys. Guys.
- 1453. We don't have to argue.
This already happened.
- 1454. It's all on lnstagram.
- 1455. I know what was sick
and what wasn't. Dude, look.
- 1456. All right, let's go do it.
- 1457. Adam! Adam, hey,
will you hold the camera?
- 1458. Oh, my God.
- 1459. I love time travel.
- 1460. - Right here.
- 1461. - How did you get these?
- Dude, are those VIP?
- 1462. Yeah, three months
after the show,
- 1463. - five bucks on eBay.
- Oh, my God!
- 1464. Dude, David!
What can we do with these?
- 1465. Anything.
- 1466. Oh, my God.
- 1467. David, you're the man!
- 1468. We're backstage right now.
We are backstage right now.
- 1469. I can't believe you did this.
- 1470. I got a surprise coming.
I got a surprise for her.
- 1471. Listen, listen.
- 1472. This song goes
out to Jessie Pierce.
- 1473. Dude, that was sick!
- 1474. Okay, okay. You guys, I've got an idea.
- 1475. Just do what I do, okay? Follow me!
- 1476. Hey, how are you?
- 1477. - No way.
- Bend your knees.
- 1478. Just bounce.
- 1479. Like this or something?
- 1480. Loosen up a little bit.
- 1481. Just, like do this,
and you'll look like a cool guy.
- 1482. He's dancing!
- 1483. Is that good?
- 1484. Yeah!
- 1485. Whoo!
- 1486. Whoo!
- 1487. Whoo!
- 1488. - That's my boy! That's my boy!
- I'm number one!
- 1489. That was so much fun.
This is the best day ever.
- 1490. I can't believe it.
Thank you so much for taking us.
- 1491. She's really cool, David.
- 1492. - Who?
- Jessie, the girl you've been
- 1493. - freaking spying on for five minutes.
- 1494. Where'd you go?
- 1495. Whoo!
- 1496. Ahh!
- 1497. Oh! Hey.
- 1498. - This is awesome.
- 1499. Thank you very much.
- 1500. Best friends, man.
- 1501. My best friends.
- 1502. Oh, my God,
he's actually gonna go for it.
- 1503. Hey. How's it going?
- 1504. This is harder than it looks, huh?
To write something.
- 1505. What would you do?
- 1506. "Before the world ends,
I want to dance the night away."
- 1507. That's pretty dumb actually.
- 1508. Hey, I wrote that one.
- 1509. I mean, it's okay.
It's not that dumb. I just...
- 1510. - David, I'm messing with you.
- 1511. Oh. This is a good one.
- 1512. "Before the world ends,
I have to run naked
- 1513. - "through the streets."
- 1514. Are you picturing me naked now?
- 1515. No.
- 1516. Really? Not even a little?
- 1517. Some. A whole lot.
- 1518. I don't know...
What's the right answer?
- 1519. You'll never know. Oh!
- 1520. Sorry, dude!
- 1521. Check it out!
"Before the world ends,
- 1522. "I have to time travel."
- 1523. "Before the world ends,
I have to win the lottery."
- 1524. Two for two.
- 1525. "Before the world ends,
I have to tell those bitches off"?
- 1526. Oh, yeah, my sister probably wrote that.
- 1527. - I think she did.
- Don't mind her. She has a bad attitude.
- 1528. I think we've almost crossed
everything off this list, huh?
- 1529. I think we're just getting started.
- 1530. "Before the world ends,
I have to fall in love."
- 1531. Probably not the worst thing
you could wish for, right?
- 1532. No.
- 1533. Probably better than owning
your own monkey or something.
- 1534. Probably, yeah.
- 1535. "Before the world ends,
I wanna go skydiving."
- 1536. Yeah, that's a good one, too.
- 1537. Totally. I heard it's really fun.
- 1538. - I'm going to go grab a water.
- Oh, okay.
- 1539. Yeah, all right. You know what,
I'll be right here. I'll wait.
- 1540. Oh, my God.
- 1541. The world is ending.
- 1542. - How'd it go?
- 1543. With Jessie.
- 1544. What with Jessie?
We were just talking!
- 1545. Seriously, David?
She left the door wide open.
- 1546. No, no, she didn't.
- 1547. She never even...
What are you guys talking about?
- 1548. It's okay. It's all right, man.
- 1549. Let's have fun.
Let's just have fun. It's all right.
- 1550. I'm burning up. We gotta go. Okay?
- 1551. I mean, we gotta go.
- 1552. I'm gonna get some water.
We gotta go soon!
- 1553. What happened to your shirt?
- 1554. We were there for nine hours!
- 1555. But we were only gone for 41 seconds!
- 1556. Dr. Lou still thinks
I'm on my bathroom break!
- 1557. - Oh, my God!
- 1558. Oh, my God! That was the best!
- 1559. Best day of my life!
- 1560. That was the most fun
I've ever had in my entire life!
- 1561. I love you.
- 1562. Yeah!
- 1563. Whoo!
- 1564. - David?
- 1565. You're not gonna believe it.
- 1566. What are you talking about?
- 1567. Just go, come on. You'll see.
- 1568. Hey, Mom, so how was work today?
- 1569. It's been a long day, sweetheart.
- 1570. What?
- 1571. When did she get a job?
- 1572. Literally, check this out...
- 1573. - 4,000 likes.
- Let me see.
- 1574. 4,000. Yeah, I have 18,000
- 1575. Texts from 20 different girls, half, like,
"Quinn, oh, my God, please call me."
- 1576. - Show me the texts.
- Dude, I swear to God, I'll show you.
- 1577. What up? So I talked to you-know-who.
- 1578. Got one for you, one for Adam,
- 1579. one for me and one for Andre.
You're down, right?
- 1580. Uh, yeah, totally down.
- 1581. Good. Wear your black skirt.
You look hot in that.
- 1582. You and Sarah Nathan
are hanging out? What's that about?
- 1583. Dude, literally no idea, but since
we got back, she's been acting batshit,
- 1584. like we're best friends or something.
- 1585. I don't know what happened.
- 1586. Have you guys seen Jess?
- 1587. Uh, yeah, but you know what?
- 1588. I think she just said
that she's really busy or something.
- 1589. I wouldn't read too much into it.
- 1590. I'm kicking your butt.
- 1591. - Three, two, one.
- 1592. - You're kidding me.
- I'm so sorry. I'm sorry.
- 1593. Whatever, I quit.
- 1594. I'm inherently good at video games.
- 1595. All right, who's next?
- 1596. Hey, you don't want to play?
- 1597. No, I'm kind of tired.
- 1598. - Really?
- 1599. Taking off?
- 1600. Okay, cool, cool. Look, uh...
- 1601. Hey, can I... Can I talk to you
forjust one second?
- 1602. Yeah, sure.
- 1603. Um...
- 1604. Did we have some kind of,
like a moment?
- 1605. Wasn't that a moment
the other day at the wall, and...
- 1606. I don't know.
I mean, it was a really fun day.
- 1607. It was cool, right?
And when you said that one thing,
- 1608. and I kind of...
- 1609. I don't know, there were so many people
around, I wasn't really thinking.
- 1610. I didn't expect you...
- 1611. I didn't expect someone
like you to really say that to me.
- 1612. What do you mean,
someone like me?
- 1613. You're like, fun, and you go out
to parties and, like, hang out
- 1614. and all that kind of crazy stuff.
- 1615. That's it.
- 1616. I mean, you don't care
about that important shit.
- 1617. You just have fun.
- 1618. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that.
- 1619. No, no, I know what you meant.
- 1620. It's fine.
- 1621. Whatever moment you thought,
- 1622. you know, happened,
you should probably
- 1623. just forget about it, I think.
- 1624. Okay.
- 1625. Some things just aren't
meant to be, you know?
- 1626. You don't have to film everything, Chris.
- 1627. You wanna play some foosball?
- 1628. That was so much fun.
This is the best day ever.
- 1629. I can't believe it.
- 1630. "... I have to run naked
through the streets."
- 1631. Hmm.
- 1632. Are you picturing me naked now?
- 1633. - No.
- 1634. Sorry, dude!
- 1635. "Before the world ends,
I have to fall in love."
- 1636. "Before the world ends,
I wanna go skydiving."
- 1637. "Before the world ends,
I have to fall in love."
- 1638. "... I have to fall in love."
- 1639. "... love."... love."... love."
- 1640. "Before the world ends,
I wanna go skydiving."
- 1641. Yeah, that's a good one, too.
- 1642. Totally. I heard it's really fun.
- 1643. I'm gonna go grab a water.
- 1644. You know what,
I'll be right here. I'll wait.
- 1645. Dude, I love this band.
- 1646. Oh, look, there's David.
- 1647. Oh, my God,
he's actually gonna go for it.
- 1648. A little more difficult
than it looks, huh?
- 1649. Yeah.
- 1650. "Before the world ends,
I have to dance all night."
- 1651. - Hmm.
- Pretty dumb.
- 1652. Hey, I wrote that.
- 1653. No, you didn't.
- 1654. - No, I didn't.
- 1655. "Before the world ends,
I have to run naked through the streets."
- 1656. You're trying to get me
to think of you naked, aren't you?
- 1657. Oh.
- 1658. Nice catch.
- 1659. Check it out! "Before the world ends,
I have to time travel."
- 1660. "Before the world ends,
I have to win the lottery."
- 1661. Two for two.
- 1662. I think we've almost crossed
everything off this list, huh?
- 1663. I think we're just getting started.
- 1664. "Before the world ends..."
- 1665. "... I have to fall in love."
- 1666. - Is that what you were gonna...
- 1667. Probably not the worst thing to wish for...
- 1668. All right, David,
what did you change?
- 1669. What have you changed?
- 1670. Hi, Jessie.
- 1671. Hey, Jessie.
- 1672. What you up to?
- 1673. What's... What's poppin'?
- 1674. Just call her.
- 1675. Hello.
- 1676. What are you doing?
What are you filming?
- 1677. Is everything okay?
- 1678. - Are you poking me?
- 1679. By the way, I told my dad
I was sleeping at Jennie's.
- 1680. Are you taking your towel off?
- 1681. Should I not take my towel off?
- 1682. You should. You absolutely should.
- 1683. What's wrong with you?
- 1684. Oh, my God, did we have sex?
- 1685. - Yes.
- Was it good? Was I good?
- 1686. Yes.
- 1687. Wow. So I saw you naked and...
- 1688. - Are you kidding?
- Well, I guess I did, 'cause we had sex.
- 1689. - That's true.
- Can I see?
- 1690. - You wanna... Okay.
- I want to see.
- 1691. Hmm.
- 1692. Happy Friday.
- 1693. I have to sneak out soon.
- 1694. I only have Thursday's clothes.
- 1695. David, stop it.
- 1696. Whatcha doing?
- 1697. I'm waking up, thank you very much.
- 1698. - You look amazing.
- David, please.
- 1699. Stop it. David.
- 1700. Let me see this.
- 1701. Oh. Good morning, David.
- 1702. Stop.
- 1703. Camera shy, huh, David?
- 1704. You seem a little camera shy.
- 1705. You know what, let's get rid of this thing.
- 1706. Flight 437
has apparently crashed...
- 1707. Good morning, Raskin house.
Chris, you look gorgeous.
- 1708. Christina, please put that laundry away.
- 1709. I don't wanna tell you again.
- 1710. Can you see the stain on here?
'Cause I got two job interviews
- 1711. today and I really need to look good.
- 1712. - Interviews?
- 1713. Sweetie, you okay?
- 1714. Yeah. Mom, you look beautiful.
- 1715. Oh, thanks. Bye.
- 1716. What's up with you?
- 1717. What's up with you?
- 1718. I can't believe how good I'm getting
- 1719. - at sneaking past your mom.
- 1720. By the way, my dad, who never
loves anyone, loves you. Somehow.
- 1721. He thinks it's really, really adorable
- 1722. every time you talk about science
- 1723. and all the projects that you used to do.
- 1724. It's kind of amazing.
- 1725. Enough, please.
- 1726. Aw, Chris.
- 1727. Please have mercy on me.
- 1728. What's up, Patrick?
- 1729. Dude, the other night was dope!
- 1730. Come on.
- 1731. God, what is up with you, David?
- 1732. Are we still on for tonight?
- 1733. Yeah. Yes, what time?
- 1734. Why are you acting so weird?
- 1735. - Are you okay?
- 1736. - David, are you okay?
- Yeah, um...
- 1737. I forgot my...
I forgot my notebook in class.
- 1738. Okay. I'll see you later.
- 1739. - Okay.
- 1740. - Okay.
- 1741. Hey, Dr. Lou. Where are you going?
- 1742. Don't be a wiseass, David.
- 1743. What?
- 1744. Hey, you okay. Sarah, what's up?
- 1745. Everyone just mind their own business.
- 1746. God, what the hell
is up with him?
- 1747. "Better luck next year"?
- 1748. - But we won the division.
- 1749. Hey.
- 1750. You got to get over here right now!
- 1751. Quinn, hold on, slow down.
- 1752. Oh, my God.
- 1753. Are you seeing this?
- 1754. I just don't understand
how this is even possible.
- 1755. How do we not remember this?
- 1756. But we could fix this, right?
We could fix this.
- 1757. I mean, we have the means, right?
- 1758. This is what we should
be doing in the first place,
- 1759. - not partying.
- 1760. Hey. Guys, what's the emergency?
- 1761. David, look at this.
There was a plane crash, David.
- 1762. Seventy-seven people on board a flight
from London to Madrid.
- 1763. It happened five days ago.
- 1764. Jesus.
- 1765. So, why are you guys
watching a plane crash?
- 1766. Because I think it's our fault.
- 1767. Why would a plane crash be our fault?
- 1768. Sarah Nathan's dad was the pilot.
- 1769. So what?
- 1770. Look, whatever we did at Lollapalooza
- 1771. had some crazy ripple effects.
- 1772. Wait, wait. Are you saying
that Lollapalooza caused a plane crash?
- 1773. Because that sounds crazy, dude.
- 1774. Look, I'm not crazy, okay.
It's cause and effect.
- 1775. Somehow we caused the basketball
team to not make the playoffs.
- 1776. Our captain, Justin Kelly,
broke his leg on March 1 st, right?
- 1777. We all know that never happened.
- 1778. Then the basketball team
didn't make the playoffs,
- 1779. and that affected the players,
- 1780. their parents,
- 1781. hundreds of people who were
supposed to be at the game.
- 1782. And it just kept spreading.
- 1783. Sarah Nathan's brother,
he was on the team, right?
- 1784. Yeah.
- 1785. Her dad was supposed to be
at the game.
- 1786. He wasn't supposed to be
flying that night.
- 1787. David, look...
- 1788. Dude, there's other shit, too.
- 1789. Robberies. Fires.
None of this happened before.
- 1790. At some point, we're not gonna
be able to track this, David.
- 1791. If we don't stop this now,
it could just keep going out of control.
- 1792. David, we have to fix this.
- 1793. Look,
Lollapalooza was a mistake.
- 1794. We have to go back and make it so that
- 1795. - we neverjumped there in the first place.
- 1796. No, no, no. We cannot go back.
- 1797. - We cannot do that, okay?
- That's the only way.
- 1798. - We have to.
- It's gonna undo everything...
- 1799. That's the point!
- 1800. - We need to undo it!
- We gotta fix this.
- 1801. I'm not even buying it.
I don't even think...
- 1802. Dude, you were the one
who set the rules!
- 1803. You're the one who said that
we had to be all freaking careful!
- 1804. I did. We all followed them,
- 1805. and kept each other accountable
on every single one!
- 1806. I'm not gonna go and play God
with you guys...
- 1807. David, you know what?
That is what we're doing!
- 1808. I'm gonna get Jessie, we're gonna come
over tonight and we're gonna fix this!
- 1809. If you wanna vote on that
'cause that will make you feel better,
- 1810. then that's fine,
but that's what we're doing!
- 1811. David, we get it, okay?
- 1812. None of us will remember Lollapalooza.
- 1813. Yeah.
- 1814. Hey, Justin, look out!
- 1815. I'm calling 911.
- 1816. Screw this.
- 1817. Oh, shit.
- 1818. Guys, I'm here!
David, it's me!
- 1819. it's April 23rd, 2014.
This is to keep a record.
- 1820. I know exactly what to do to fix this.
- 1821. Justin broke his leg at Walker's party.
- 1822. I'll fix that. Everything else
will fall into place.
- 1823. Guys, I'm sorry.
- 1824. It's gonna be okay.
- 1825. Oh, shit!
- 1826. Shit. Oh.
- 1827. David, what are you doing here?
- 1828. What do you mean?
This is where we're supposed to meet.
- 1829. You're 15 minutes late.
- 1830. No, we said we'd meet
at your house first.
- 1831. We had to track the controller.
- 1832. Oh, yeah, why didn't you call me?
- 1833. We all called you, David.
- 1834. - Really?
- The guys are right behind me.
- 1835. - Really?
- What did you do to the machine?
- 1836. You know, I'm just making
- 1837. Modifications? Why?
- 1838. We did a full systems check yesterday.
- 1839. Can I talk to you for a second?
- 1840. - What's on that?
- Just, uh...
- 1841. Oh, God, man.
- 1842. Can you just be my friend for a second?
I have to ask you.
- 1843. Of course I'm your friend.
- 1844. You know, like, the plane crash in Spain
- 1845. and the basketball team
and the fires in Brazil.
- 1846. It's not your fault.
- 1847. We've been over this, okay.
- 1848. No, no, no, no.
You're not listening to me.
- 1849. It's not your fault.
It's not your fault. It's my fault.
- 1850. I went back alone.
- 1851. There...
- 1852. - Alone?
- 1853. Why would you everjump alone, David?
- 1854. David...
- 1855. it's not important.
- 1856. But where did you jump to?
- 1857. It doesn't matter. It's done.
- 1858. Stop it! Stop it.
- 1859. We don't have to undo everything, okay.
- 1860. We just have to make sure Justin
doesn't break his leg at Walker's party.
- 1861. We can fix it, man!
You gotta trust me. I can fix it.
- 1862. You can fix it? By yourself?
- 1863. Yeah, you broke the pact once
and now you're gonna do it again?
- 1864. - You're coming clean.
- No. I can't.
- 1865. - Why not?
- 1866. Why, David?
- 1867. Because I'll lose her, man.
- 1868. I'm sorry, David.
- 1869. But you have to come clean.
- 1870. Guys!
- 1871. Guys, let's go!
- 1872. - Come on!
- 1873. No, no, no, no. David, don't go!
- 1874. I'm sorry, Adam!
I would never do
- 1875. - anything to hurt you guys!
- 1876. You won't even remember
- 1877. Hot girls don't stay
at parties long.
- 1878. - They go to, like, multiple ones.
- Table, table, table!
- 1879. Again, again!
- 1880. Hey!
- 1881. David! What the hell
are you doing to my car?
- 1882. Three, two, one.
- 1883. The lights went out.
- 1884. Sorry, excuse me!
Coming through! Excuse me!
- 1885. - Justin, look out!
- 1886. Oh, shit.
- 1887. You saved me, bro.
- 1888. David, you're awesome.
You're like a superhero.
- 1889. Excuse me.
That was so awesome.
- 1890. Right here, man.
- 1891. - That was badass.
- Excuse me.
- 1892. You have two new messages.
- 1893. Hey, babe, sorry I missed you.
- 1894. I'll see you later tonight. Miss you.
- 1895. David, are you coming?
- 1896. We gotta go.
We have to be there by 5:00.
- 1897. Yeah. Yeah, I'm coming. One second.
- 1898. What the hell's she talking about?
- 1899. Are you gonna go in?
- 1900. Yeah.
- 1901. Quinn, thank God.
- 1902. Hey. You all right? You look like shit.
- 1903. I'm fine, I'm fine.
- 1904. - Oh. Adam.
- 1905. We don't have much time.
- 1906. Visiting hours are almost up.
- 1907. Did he say anything?
- 1908. What are you talking about?
He can't speak.
- 1909. He barely knows where he is.
- 1910. Yeah, I... I know that.
- 1911. Did they find anything else out?
- 1912. Nothing. Just that it happened
after the basketball game.
- 1913. Oh, shit.
- 1914. So they don't know what happened.
- 1915. No, they don't know anything,
- 1916. but, I mean, look, it's fine.
We'll just, you know,
- 1917. figure out when the last time
he was safe was and just,
- 1918. you know, go back.
- 1919. Uh... He was fine in school this morning.
- 1920. What're you talking about?
That was yesterday.
- 1921. He's been here since last night.
- 1922. David, why don't you know this?
- 1923. I do know, I'm just...
My fucking head, man.
- 1924. Look, we gotta do something.
- 1925. Okay, I'll get Jessie,
we'll come over tonight.
- 1926. No, no, I'll get Jessie, okay?
- 1927. Forget it, just come to my house.
- 1928. - When?
- I don't know, just tonight.
- 1929. - What does that mean?
- I'll call you
- 1930. when I'm in touch with her, okay?
- 1931. Something is wrong here.
- 1932. it's going to be okay.
- 1933. It's going to be okay.
- 1934. it's gonna be okay. It's gonna...
- 1935. David!
- 1936. David! David, where are you going?
- 1937. - Chris, just stay here.
- 1938. I don't have a ride!
- 1939. - I'm coming back!
- 1940. Okay, Adam.
When is the last time you were safe?
- 1941. Effects of Lollapalooza.
- 1942. That's Justin.
- 1943. That's a different day.
- 1944. Doesn't connect to anything at all.
- 1945. Plane crash had nothing to do with it.
- 1946. Adam.
- 1947. The basketball game. Robberies.
- 1948. Adam...
- 1949. Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
- 1950. Everything should be all right.
- 1951. Oh, shit.
- 1952. Tuesday.
- 1953. David, what are you doing?
- 1954. No, Jessie!
Don't come in here! Stay back!
- 1955. - Please!
- Where are you going?
- 1956. Don't come in the warp! No!
- 1957. Shit.
- 1958. David, when are we?
- 1959. it's Tuesday.
Adam's still okay.
- 1960. I can make it so he never
ends up in the hospital.
- 1961. What about everyone else?
- 1962. What happened to
"nobody jumps alone"?
- 1963. I know!
- 1964. I'm sorry for yelling at you.
- 1965. I just keep thinking
I can go back and I can fix it myself.
- 1966. I don't have to worry about anybody else.
- 1967. You keep thinking?
- 1968. What do you mean?
- 1969. How many times
have you done this before?
- 1970. David, how many times
- 1971. - have you done this before?
- I'm sorry.
- 1972. Wait, where are you going? David!
- 1973. - David!
- 1974. You have to stop talking. You're being
too loud. People are gonna hear you.
- 1975. I don't care if people can hear me!
- 1976. You have to tell me.
What did you change?
- 1977. Lollapalooza.
- 1978. Wha...
- 1979. "Before the world ends..."
- 1980. - That's why you and I...
- No, Jess. Listen.
- 1981. Listen to me.
I didn't mean for this to happen.
- 1982. After everything, you're just a liar.
- 1983. Jess, I understand how this could feel...
- 1984. You have no idea how this feels!
- 1985. You played me!
- 1986. Like I was just some idiot
- 1987. that would just fall for your trick
- 1988. Stop it.
- 1989. There was no other way
I could have got you.
- 1990. You didn't care that it was dangerous?
- 1991. That all of your friends could be hurt?
- 1992. We had this real connection.
- 1993. I knew it, and I just went back
and I wanted another chance,
- 1994. and I... I was the person
that I should have been.
- 1995. How do I know
- 1996. - that you're telling me the truth?
- That's who I should have been.
- 1997. How do I know that
this hasn't already happened before?
- 1998. Twice before? How do I know that?
- 1999. No.
- 2000. Jesus, David.
- 2001. I mean, did you ever stop
to think that maybe
- 2002. I've liked you since
the first time I met you?
- 2003. No, I didn't.
- 2004. Well, you know what I would have done?
- 2005. If I was as smart as you,
if I could have built a time machine?
- 2006. What?
- 2007. I would have used it
so I could go back and meet you sooner.
- 2008. Jess.
- 2009. David.
- 2010. Jessie.
- 2011. I love you.
- 2012. Guys, I'm here!
David, it's me!
- 2013. Shit! You gotta let go.
You gotta let go.
- 2014. David, it's me.
- 2015. David, it's me.
- 2016. David, it's me. David,
it's me. David, it's me.
- 2017. Jess, no!
- 2018. Jessie!
- 2019. Oh, shit. No, no, no, no.
- 2020. Jess!
- 2021. Oh, God, please. No, no, no. Shit!
- 2022. Oh, my God, no! I can save you.
- 2023. Please, please. Come on. Come on.
- 2024. Jess, I got you.
- 2025. Shit! There's gotta be
more hydrogen in here!
- 2026. David, it's Quinn! Open up!
- 2027. Yo, dude, Jessie's missing
and no one can find her. Is she here?
- 2028. I screwed up. I screwed up.
- 2029. I wasn't trying to hurt Jessie, I swear.
- 2030. I was just trying to keep Adam
from getting in this accident.
- 2031. Dude, Adam's fine.
- 2032. Adam's not in the hospital?
- 2033. Jesus! How many times
have you jumped?
- 2034. It doesn't even matter anymore.
- 2035. The timelines, you know,
they can, like, crisscross.
- 2036. I just need to get more hydrogen.
- 2037. I'm going back to the beginning.
- 2038. Why would you need to go back that far?
- 2039. Because that's the only way
to stop all this from happening!
- 2040. I need to stop this machine
from ever being built, Quinn.
- 2041. David, think about what you're saying!
- 2042. The machine has given us everything!
- 2043. We can't just get rid of it!
- 2044. It's bigger than just us!
Don't you see that?
- 2045. - I'm going.
- You are not thinking clearly!
- 2046. We can't go back to
the way things were before!
- 2047. Quinn, don't you get it?
- 2048. The only way to fix this
is to destroy everything.
- 2049. Dude, people know who we are.
I've never had that.
- 2050. Quinn,
I need you to trust me, okay?
- 2051. This is
the Atlanta Police Department.
- 2052. - Open up, please.
- 2053. Okay.
- 2054. We're looking
for David Raskin.
- 2055. Just be careful, dude.
- 2056. Open up, please.
- 2057. You guys go to the back.
- 2058. if anybody finds this,
- 2059. I want you to know
I didn't mean to hurt anybody
- 2060. and I didn't kidnap anyone.
- 2061. I was just...
- 2062. I just wanted a second chance.
- 2063. My name is David Raskin.
- 2064. And I built a time machine.
- 2065. Police Department!
Break down the door.
- 2066. Oh, shit. Come on! Come on!
- 2067. There he is! Stop him!
- 2068. David Raskin, Atlanta PD!
- 2069. Oh, shit!
- 2070. Oh, shit!
- 2071. Oh, shit!
- 2072. I see him! David, stop!
- 2073. Get on the ground, David!
- 2074. The suspect was last seen
headed towards the school.
- 2075. You guys take the front.
- 2076. Stevens, come with me
around the back. Let's move!
- 2077. Take the other side. Let's go.
- 2078. Oh, shit!
- 2079. Suspect inside.
- 2080. Kick down the door.
Kick down the door. Go!
- 2081. Don't shoot! Don't shoot!
- 2082. So you take my keys
and you disappear forever.
- 2083. I need to go back
to the beginning.
- 2084. The timelines crisscross...
- 2085. - Ten years total.
- You look just like him.
- 2086. - I won't be gone long.
- 2087. You think you'll go back to save him?
- 2088. Save him?
- 2089. Guys, I'm so sorry.
- 2090. Christina.
- 2091. Sweetie, I have to go. I have to go.
- 2092. What are you doing in my house?
- 2093. David?
- 2094. Hi, Dad.
- 2095. You figured it out.
- 2096. Yeah.
- 2097. I don't...
- 2098. I've got so many questions.
- 2099. We can't.
- 2100. I can't.
- 2101. We were wrong.
- 2102. There are no second chances.
- 2103. Are you okay?
- 2104. I'm going to be okay.
- 2105. Hey, Dad.
Dad, are you down there?
- 2106. I think it's time for you
to say goodbye to your son.
- 2107. I'm proud of you.
- 2108. Who were you talking to, Dad?
- 2109. Just a friend.
- 2110. He's here to fix something.
- 2111. Where are you going?
It's my birthday.
- 2112. You caught me, pal.
You know I wouldn't be leaving
- 2113. unless it was real important.
I won't be gone long.
- 2114. Promise?
- 2115. Of course I promise.
- 2116. I'll tell you what. Uh, why don't you...
- 2117. - Time me.
- Time me.
- 2118. You guys ready for this?
- 2119. What is this?
- 2120. Whoo!
- 2121. Did you just check out my ass?
- 2122. Uh, yeah.
- 2123. it's yesterday!
- 2124. This song goes out
to Jessie Pierce.
- 2125. He is pretty smart, huh?
- 2126. Stay out of my perfume.
- 2127. I'd go back and meet you sooner.
- 2128. "Before the world ends,
I have to fall in love."
- 2129. I love you.
- 2130. What are you, sulking?
- 2131. God!
You scared the shit out of me.
- 2132. I'm not sulking.
- 2133. Why are you up here?
- 2134. Uh...
- 2135. it's dumb. You know,
- 2136. there's this one
last scholarship where I have to
- 2137. submit a proposal
for an experiment and I thought
- 2138. maybe if I got it,
Mom wouldn't have to sell the house.
- 2139. Huh.
- 2140. Dad must have a million ideas
lying around up here.
- 2141. I don't know, Chris.
- 2142. I mean, I thought there'd be
something up here.
- 2143. I can't find anything I can use.
- 2144. Hey, what is this?
- 2145. When did we get a video camera?
- 2146. Oh, it's right here.
This is Dad's old camera.
- 2147. Did Dad have two old cameras?
- 2148. Uh, I don't know. Yeah. I guess.
- 2149. They both say "Property of Ben Raskin."
- 2150. Yeah, let me see.
- 2151. Weird. Do they work?
- 2152. Yeah, it's playing.
- 2153. When did we get a video camera?
- 2154. Oh, that's Dad's old camera.
- 2155. Yeah.
Hey, look, it still works.
- 2156. I mean, what the hell
is he supposed to say to her?
- 2157. He can't just walk up to her and be like...
- 2158. Would you just be quiet?
- 2159. Are you trying to communicate with me...
- 2160. Telepathically.
- 2161. How did you know I was gonna say that?
- 2162. This is gonna sound crazy,
- 2163. but I think we're
about to change the world.