- 1. We're screwed.
- 2. No more free wi-fi.
- 3. - Hey, Ki-jung!
- 4. The lady upstairs put
a password on 'iptime'.
- 5. A password?
- 6. Did you try 123456789?
- 7. No luck.
- 8. Do it the other way.
- 9. I tried that too!
- 10. Fuck, then we can't get WhatsApp?
- 11. Nothing.
- 12. Hey, Kim Ki-taek.
- 13. Don't fucking pretend to sleep.
What do you think?
- 14. Our phones are shut off.
Now our wi-fi is shut off.
- 15. What's your plan?
- 16. - Ki-woo.
- Yes, Dad?
- 17. For wi-fi, hold it high.
- 18. Stick it in every corner and so on.
- 19. Damn stink bugs.
- 20. Over here! I got it!
- 21. Really? You got a signal?
- 22. Yeah, see?
- 23. This one, 'coffeeland 2G'.
- 24. Did a new café open?
- 25. Why can't I get it?
- 26. Climb up here.
- 27. Hey kids.
- 28. - Does it work?
- 29. Then check WhatsApp.
- 30. Pizza Generation said they'd contact me.
- 31. Hold on.
- 32. Here it is. Pizza Generation.
- 33. Wow! Check this out, guys.
- 34. If we go as fast as her,
we can finish today.
- 35. Then we can get paid.
- 36. - Should we stand up too?
- She's a pro.
- 37. What? Fumigation?
- 38. They still do that kind of thing?
- 39. Guess so.
- 40. Shut the window.
- 41. Leave it open.
We'll get free extermination.
- 42. Kill the stink bugs.
- 43. Right, too many stink bugs these days...
- 44. God, that smells!
- 45. I told you to shut it!
- 46. Should I shut it, Dad?
- 47. What exactly is the problem?
- 48. Take this one as an example.
- 49. You call this a straight line?
- 50. And why's it folded here?
- 51. Why is this sticking up?
- 52. You didn't even fold it.
- 53. A quarter of them look like this.
- 54. So 1 out of 4 are rejects.
- 55. So you're really docking 10% off our pay?
- 56. Considering the rejects,
that's a low penalty, isn't it?
- 57. Our pay is so low already!
How can you do this?
- 58. Look here.
- 59. This is not some minor issue.
- 60. You know what one shitty box
can do to our brand image?
- 61. Brand? You can't even afford a box folder!
- 62. What did you say?
- 63. Boss.
- 64. This is all because of that guy, right?
- 65. What guy?
- 66. Your part-time worker.
He's gone AWOL, right?
- 67. Just when the Love of God Church
made a huge group order?
- 68. How do you know all that?
- 69. Who told you?
- 70. My sister knows the guy.
- 71. He's always been a bit strange.
Got a bad reputation.
- 72. Speaking of which, Boss.
- 73. We'll accept a 10% penalty.
- 74. In return...
- 75. In return?
- 76. Any thought of hiring
a new part-time worker?
- 77. Sis, we need someone!
- 78. Ditch the guy you've got now.
Just fire him.
- 79. Tomorrow I'll come for a formal interview.
- 80. Wait, hold on a sec.
- 81. Let me think about it.
- 82. Then for now, just pay for the boxes.
- 83. So we're all gathered here today,
- 84. to celebrate the
reconnection of our phones,
- 85. and this bounteous wi-fi!
- 86. Look at that bastard.
It's not even dark yet.
- 87. Why didn't you put up
a 'No Urinating' sign?
- 88. I told you!
- 89. No, signs like that
just make them piss even more.
- 90. At least shout at him!
- 91. Don't shout.
- 92. "Please don't piss!"
- 93. Hey, is that Min?
- 94. Hey mister, that's not a toilet.
- 95. Way to go, Min.
- 96. Hey, punk!
- 97. Who are you staring at, asshole?
- 98. Come here! You little shit.
- 99. Get a fucking grip!
- 100. That's an impressive friend.
- 101. College students have a real vigor to them.
- 102. Not like my brother.
- 103. But is he coming here? Did you invite him?
- 104. No.
- 105. Hello!
- 106. Oh hi, Min!
- 107. Min!
- 108. Are you well, sir?
- 109. - Sure.
- What are you doing here?
- 110. I texted you. Didn't you see it?
- 111. Sorry, were you eating?
- 112. No, we weren't eating.
- 113. - How are you, Ki-jung?
- Fine, you too?
- 114. We could've met outside, why come here?
- 115. Because of this.
- 116. It's for you, but it's so heavy.
- 117. Really? Put it down here.
- 118. Wow, what is that?
- 119. When I said I was meeting Ki-woo,
- 120. my grandfather insisted
I bring this to you.
- 121. Is this a landscape type?
- 122. Or you can see it as an abstract type.
- 123. Wow, you know these!
- 124. My grandpa has collected scholar's rocks
since his cadet days.
- 125. Now the annex, the study,
every room in the house
- 126. is filled with these things.
- 127. But this stone here is said to
bring material wealth to families...
- 128. Min!
- 129. This is so metaphorical.
- 130. For sure. It's a very opportune gift.
- 131. Of course.
- 132. Please relay our deepest
thanks to your grandpa.
- 133. Food would be better.
- 134. What was that called? A landscape stone?
- 135. You collect those rocks too?
- 136. Hey, thanks to that rock I saw
your parents, they look healthy.
- 137. They're plenty healthy, just out of work.
- 138. Is Ki-jung taking lessons these days?
- 139. She can't afford lessons.
- 140. Cute, huh?
- 141. She's the one you're tutoring?
- 142. Park Da-hye. High school sophomore.
- 143. You take over as her English tutor.
- 144. What do you mean?
- 145. Tutor a rich kid. It pays well.
- 146. She's a nice girl.
- 147. Look after her while I'm studying abroad.
- 148. What about your university friends?
- 149. Why ask a loser like me?
- 150. Why do you think?
- 151. Just the thought makes me sick.
- 152. Those disgusting frat boys
slavering over Da-hye?
- 153. It's revolting.
- 154. You like her?
- 155. Hey, I'm serious.
- 156. When she enters university,
I'll officially ask her out.
- 157. So you take care of her until then.
- 158. If it's you, I can leave in peace.
- 159. Thanks for your trust,
- 160. but do I have to pretend to be
a college student?
- 161. Ki-woo, think about it.
- 162. For years including your military service,
- 163. you took the university
entrance exam 4 times.
- 164. Grammar, vocabulary,
- 165. When it comes to English,
- 166. you can teach 10 times better than
those drunken college pricks.
- 167. - I guess so.
- 168. But will they hire me?
I'm not a college student.
- 169. Just fake it.
- 170. Don't worry,
you'll have my recommendation, plus...
- 171. How should I describe the mother...?
- 172. She's a bit simple.
- 173. Young and simple.
- 174. Simple?
- 175. What do you mean?
- 176. Anyway, it's all good. I had fun there.
- 177. So you agree?
- 178. I guess so.
- 179. Hey, you said your sister is artistic?
- 180. Good at Photoshop?
- 181. God, with skills like this,
why can't you get into art school?
- 182. Shut up.
- 183. Hey, no smoking in here.
- 184. Yeah, yeah. Gimme that.
- 185. Yeah.
- 186. Now the cherry on top...
- 187. Wow, does Oxford have
a major in document forgery?
- 188. Ki-jung would be top of her class.
- 189. She's amazing, huh?
- 190. Our boy's going for a job interview.
Wish him luck.
- 191. Son.
- 192. I'm proud of you.
- 193. Dad.
- 194. I don't think of this as forgery or crime.
- 195. I'll go to this university next year.
- 196. So you've got a plan!
- 197. I just printed out the
document a bit early.
- 198. Who is it?
- 199. Madame? Good afternoon.
- 200. I'm here on Min's recommendation...
- 201. Oh right, come in.
- 202. Thank you.
- 203. Hello!
- 204. Hello, Madame.
- 205. I just work here. Come this way.
- 206. The yard is so nice.
- 207. The inside's nice too.
- 208. You know the architect Namgoong?
- 209. He used to live in this house.
- 210. He designed it himself.
- 211. As you can see, now it's a playpen.
- 212. This way.
- 213. Sit yourself down here.
I'll bring the madame.
- 214. Yes.
- 215. Madame.
- 216. Madame?
- 217. Madame?
- 218. Madame?
- 219. He's here. The tutoring candidate.
- 220. I don't care about documents.
- 221. Min recommended you, after all.
- 222. As you know,
Min is such a brilliant human being.
- 223. Da-hye and I were quite happy with him.
- 224. Regardless of her grades. Know what I mean?
- 225. Yes.
- 226. He was marvelous.
- 227. So to be honest, we wanted to
stick with him through high school.
- 228. But all of a sudden he's going abroad.
- 229. Anyway, excuse me,
but if I can speak directly,
- 230. if you're not up to Min's level, then,
- 231. I'm not sure what the point is.
- 232. So anyway, what I want to say is,
- 233. for your first lesson today,
do you mind if I sit in?
- 234. I want to see it full time,
how you run your lesson.
- 235. Is it okay with you?
- 236. You sure about #24?
- 237. Da-hye, you solved those later problems
then went back to #24.
- 238. Right?
- 239. Yes.
- 240. If that were the first question
on a real exam, you'd be screwed.
- 241. Look at this. Your pulse is racing.
- 242. The heart doesn't lie.
- 243. An exam is like slashing through a jungle.
- 244. Lose that momentum and you're finished.
- 245. The answer to #24? I don't care.
- 246. Slashing through the exam, dominating it!
- 247. That's all I care about.
- 248. What you need is vigor.
- 249. Vigor.
- 250. Understand?
- 251. So I'll pay you this time each month.
- 252. 3 classes a week, 2 hours each, okay?
- 253. As for the fee,
- 254. I was going to pay Min's rate,
then I added a bit for inflation.
- 255. Thank you.
- 256. How about a proper introduction?
- 257. Da-hye's tutor, we'll call him Kevin.
- 258. Mr. Kevin!
- 259. If you feel like snacking
during your lesson, just call me.
- 260. If you need anything, ask her.
- 261. She knows this house better than I...
- 262. Da-song, stop it!
- 263. I'm sorry, did he startle you?
- 264. How cute. His name's Da-song?
- 265. Yes, our youngest.
- 266. Da-song, come say hi!
- 267. This is Mr. Kevin!
- 268. This is an Indian arrow.
I ordered it from the U.S.
- 269. From last year he's been an Indian fanatic.
- 270. Indians?
- 271. He's got a fanboy personality?
- 272. Well, he's eccentric and easily distracted,
- 273. he can barely sit still!
- 274. So last year I enrolled him in Cub Scouts,
- 275. hoping he'd learn moderation and focus.
- 276. But look.
- 277. He's even worse.
- 278. His scout leader is an Indian fanatic,
maybe that's why.
- 279. The American Indian is
the very spirit of the Cub Scouts.
- 280. It's a good thing.
- 281. Were you a Cub Scout, Kevin?
- 282. Sure, I'm a Scout by nature.
- 283. Da-song is an artist by nature.
Look at this painting.
- 284. It's so metaphorical. It's really strong.
- 285. Strong, right?
- 286. You've got an eye for this.
- 287. It's a chimpanzee, right?
- 288. A self-portrait.
- 289. Sure enough!
- 290. The perspective of
a young artist eludes understanding.
- 291. Or perhaps it's Da-song's
- 292. Anyway, we've been through
so many art teachers.
- 293. None of them lasts even a month.
- 294. And Da-song is just so hard to control.
- 295. - Just a moment, Madame.
- 296. Someone just came to mind.
- 297. What was her name?
- 298. Jessica! Right, Jessica...
- 299. She was in the same art
school as my cousin.
- 300. What was her Korean name?
- 301. Anyway, after studying applied arts
at Illinois State University,
- 302. she returned to Korea.
- 303. Illinois... tell me more.
- 304. Her teaching is unusual,
but she knows how to handle kids.
- 305. She's got a special
reputation in her field.
- 306. But even though her methods are unique,
- 307. she can help kids get
into good art schools.
- 308. Now I'm really curious. What is she like?
- 309. Would you like to meet her?
- 310. Though I heard she's in high demand...
- 311. Hold on.
- 312. Jessica, only child, Illinois Chicago,
- 313. classmate Kim Jin-mo, he's your cousin.
- 314. Look at how he painted the side
dishes on the tablecloth
- 315. in this mosaic arrangement.
- 316. But within that too,
there are repeating patterns.
- 317. Gochujang is red, the rice... well, anyway,
- 318. he has a Basquiat-esque
sense, even at age 9!
- 319. How exciting.
- 320. I'm sure Miss Jessica
must have already sensed this,
- 321. so I'll leave you two,
and go up for Da-hye's lesson.
- 322. Have a nice lesson, Jessica.
- 323. Yes, thank you for the introduction.
- 324. So as you can see,
Da-song's eccentric genius...
- 325. Da-hye.
- 326. So we'll start with #38?
- 327. Kevin.
- 328. Yeah?
- 329. Did you know that Da-song is faking it all?
- 330. Huh? What do you mean?
- 331. It's all a show.
- 332. Acting like a genius,
that 4th dimension stuff is all fake.
- 333. An artist cosplay.
- 334. Da-song?
- 335. You know that thing,
- 336. when he freezes and stares at the sky,
as if struck by inspiration.
- 337. So he's walking along, then he
stares at the clouds for 10 minutes.
- 338. So you know what I mean?
- 339. He gives me the creeps.
- 340. He pretends that he
can't live a normal life.
- 341. Makes me want to puke.
- 342. So Da-song is pretending...
- 343. But what's that got to
do with your studies?
- 344. Well, I'm just saying.
- 345. Sure, so in that sense,
- 346. what you told me
about Da-song was very interesting,
- 347. so let's write about it in English.
- 348. And be sure to use the word 'pretend'
at least twice.
- 349. Then, can I ask you a question?
- 350. Sure.
- 351. That teacher Jessica.
- 352. Is she really your cousin's classmate?
- 353. What do you mean?
- 354. She's your girlfriend, right?
- 355. No way... I just met her today.
- 356. Jessica's really pretty, isn't she?
- 357. Aren't you interested?
- 358. You saw her?
- 359. Sure, she's pretty.
She's a beautiful woman.
- 360. Yeah.
- 361. I knew it.
- 362. So you are interested.
- 363. Da-hye...
- 364. So, if we can compare Jessica to a rose,
- 365. then you are...
- 366. - Let's study.
- 367. Please understand that
my boy has trouble keeping still.
- 368. I understand.
- 369. Da-song!
- 370. Da-song, get up!
- 371. Come on, Da-song!
- 372. In your butt...
- 373. - Madame, please leave us.
- 374. I never teach with a parent in the room.
- 375. But today is our first day,
and as you can see, he's...
- 376. Wait downstairs.
- 377. Park Da-song?
- 378. Da-song!
- 379. Madame?
- 380. Want some plum extract?
- 381. What?
- 382. It's mixed with honey.
To ease your tension.
- 383. Yeah, that would be great.
- 384. - Hey.
- 385. I've got an idea.
- 386. Take two glasses of plum
extract to Da-song's room.
- 387. You're not a parent, so you can go in!
- 388. Oh, that's right!
- 389. Then I'll report back on
what's going on in there...
- 390. Why didn't I think of it earlier?
- 391. What?
- 392. They came out?
- 393. Yeah.
- 394. So you're done already?
- 395. Madame.
- 396. Come sit next to me.
- 397. Da-song, go upstairs.
- 398. Hurry up!
- 399. Da-song just painted this.
- 400. I see...
- 401. I'd rather speak with Madame alone.
- 402. Oh, but she is...
- 403. No, leave us.
- 404. Madame,
- 405. I told you I study
art psychology and art therapy?
- 406. Yes.
- 407. Did anything happen to
Da-song in first grade?
- 408. To be frank,
- 409. before I decide whether to take on Da-song,
- 410. I need to hear about this.
- 411. But this is hard for me
to talk about right now.
- 412. What to do?
- 413. Never mind, then.
- 414. The lower-right region of a painting is
called the 'schizophrenia zone'.
- 415. Psychotic symptoms
often reveal themselves here.
- 416. Oh, phrenia...
- 417. Look here.
- 418. Da-song painted this unusual shape, right?
- 419. I see.
- 420. Over there, it's the same!
It's the same, right?
- 421. Yes, that's correct.
- 422. A similar shape in the same zone.
You see it now?
- 423. Yes.
- 424. I've stared at that painting at every meal!
- 425. But I had no idea.
- 426. Calm down. Let's compose ourselves.
- 427. This is all a black box
into Da-song's mind.
- 428. Would you like to
open that box with me, Madame?
- 429. I want to open it.
- 430. Then we'll need 4 two-hour
sessions per week,
- 431. and this is not simple tutoring,
it's art therapy, right?
- 432. Of course.
- 433. Because of that my rate is
set at a very high level.
- 434. Are you okay with that?
- 435. It's my pleasure.
- 436. Da-song's dad is home.
- 437. Honey, Da-song's new art teacher is here.
- 438. Her name's Jessica, from Illinois.
- 439. Jessica! This is Dong-ik.
- 440. - Hello.
- 441. Thanks for your help.
- 442. Class is over?
- 443. Yes, just finished.
- 444. - Driver Yoon.
- 445. - Are you free?
- Yes, I am.
- 446. Then give her a lift, okay?
- 447. Sure, we don't want her
going down alone at night, right?
- 448. Of course.
- 449. Miss Jessica?
- 450. Shall I drive you all the way home, then?
- 451. - Which neighborhood?
- No, that's fine.
- 452. You can just drop me off at Hyehwa station.
- 453. Thank you.
- 454. I don't mind if it's far away.
- 455. - My shift is finished, anyway.
- I'll get off at Hyehwa.
- 456. Looks like it's going to rain.
- 457. Ride the Benz, not the subway!
- 458. I'm meeting my boyfriend
at exit 3 of Hyehwa Station!
- 459. Yes.
- 460. Dad, when you worked as a driver,
did you drive a lot of Benzes?
- 461. Benzes?
- 462. Not then,
but I did when I worked as a valet.
- 463. You worked as a valet?
- 464. Sure, after the chicken place went bust,
before the Taiwan cake shop,
- 465. in that 6-month window?
- 466. No, it was after the cake shop went bust.
- 467. We're moving to the next stage already?
- 468. I set a trap in the Benz.
- 469. Then we're diving right in.
- 470. Wow, this is so metaphorical.
- 471. Look Dad, we're eating in
a driver's cafeteria right now!
- 472. Right, a driver's cafeteria!
- 473. Eat as much as you want, kids.
- 474. You didn't even pay for it, they did!
- 475. Son, have some more. Eat up!
- 476. Yes, Dad.
- 477. Eat your fill!
- 478. What did you do to that woman yesterday?
- 479. What?
- 480. She was freaking out.
- 481. Saying she was so moved,
you put her in shock.
- 482. Fuck, I don't know!
- 483. I googled 'art therapy',
and ad-libbed the rest.
- 484. Then suddenly she's weeping.
- 485. Crazy bitch, I couldn't believe it.
- 486. Oh, you're home?
- 487. Did you eat yet?
- 488. Is something wrong?
- 489. Is the housekeeper out?
- 490. She's walking the dogs.
- 491. Honey.
- 492. This was under my car seat.
- 493. Driver Yoon is such a scumbag.
- 494. What is this?
- 495. I'm sorry, honey.
- 496. I didn't know he was this kind of guy.
- 497. Don't you pay him well?
- 498. Is he saving up by not paying for a motel?
- 499. He must be a pervert.
- 500. He likes it in the car.
- 501. Oh, that's gross. In his boss' car!
- 502. A young guy's sex life is
his own business, that's all fine.
- 503. But why in my car?
- 504. And if so, why not in his seat?
Why cross the line like that?
- 505. You're right.
- 506. Does dripping his sperm
on my seat turn him on?
- 507. I can't believe this.
- 508. But you know what's strangest of all?
- 509. What?
- 510. Usually if you have car sex,
- 511. you might leave behind
a strand of hair, or an earring.
- 512. Right.
- 513. But how can you forget your own panties?
- 514. That's right. It's hard to overlook.
- 515. So it makes me quite suspicious
of this woman's condition.
- 516. You get me?
- 517. Oh my... meth or cocaine?
- 518. Shh! The kids...
- 519. What do we do?
- 520. What if anyone finds
white powder in your car?
- 521. Calm down, relax.
- 522. Relax
- 523. For now it's just supposition.
A rational guess.
- 524. But no need to call the police.
- 525. Not that!
- 526. Still, for a busy man like me to ask,
"Why are you fucking in my car?"
- 527. Exactly.
- 528. So instead...
- 529. Can you just invent some bland
excuse to let him go?
- 530. Okay sure.
- 531. No need to mention panties or car sex.
- 532. We don't need to stoop to that
level, do we?
- 533. Surely not!
- 534. But what if he goes
online and accuses us...
- 535. Just give him a good severance.
- 536. How was Da-song today?
- 537. He was fine.
- 538. - So class is finished?
- 539. Jessica, the last time you came,
- 540. our driver gave you a ride, right?
- 541. That's right.
- 542. This may be an odd question,
- 543. but nothing happened then?
- 544. No, he was very nice.
- 545. I told him to go to Hyehwa Station,
- 546. but he insisted on driving me home.
- 547. That jerk! He took you home late at night?
- 548. Revealing where you live?
- 549. No, I got off at Hyehwa.
- 550. Oh, good girl. Very good.
- 551. Jessica nice...
- 552. Did something happen with him?
- 553. He won't be working for us anymore.
A slightly shameful incident.
- 554. What incident?
- 555. Oh, you don't need to know.
- 556. But I'm surprised.
He was so gentlemanly and cool.
- 557. Jessica, you're too young and innocent!
- 558. You have a lot to learn about people.
- 559. But we were excited to
have such a young, hip driver, too.
- 560. But isn't an older driver better?
- 561. That's true. They drive better,
have better manners.
- 562. My father's brother had
a driver just like that.
- 563. Mr. Kim. He was so congenial and nice,
- 564. I used to call him Uncle when I was young.
- 565. You know a man like that?
- 566. Yes, he was so mild-mannered.
- 567. Oh, but my relatives relocated to Chicago.
- 568. I wonder if Mr. Kim's free now?
- 569. I'm really interested! Could I meet him?
- 570. Really?
- 571. I don't trust anyone now.
- 572. I only trust someone recommended
by a person I know well.
- 573. But if you've known him so long,
I'd feel much more at ease.
- 574. Do you really want to meet him?
- 575. I'm deadly serious.
- 576. This chain of recommendations is best.
- 577. How should I describe it?
- 578. A belt of trust?
- 579. - This one's different.
- 580. Oh, right.
- 581. And this one.
- 582. Looks like a touch screen now.
- 583. It's not touch,
it says you have to turn it.
- 584. Wow, this thing?
- 585. Sir?
- 586. Taking our time, are we?
- 587. This is a nice car.
- 588. This is it! Come over here.
- 589. He's in a meeting now.
- 590. Have a seat and wait here.
- 591. Hello, nice to meet...
- 592. But is it compatible with a phone?
- 593. Oh, not with a phone.
You need more computing power.
- 594. This isn't any sort of test,
so don't be nervous.
- 595. I was worn out at the office,
so I came out for a bit.
- 596. I understand.
- 597. Constant chatter, all that bother.
At least the car is peaceful.
- 598. Thank you.
- 599. You seem to know the roads well?
- 600. Anything below the 38th parallel.
- 601. After 30 years behind the wheel,
the car almost drives itself.
- 602. I respect those who work
in one field for a long time.
- 603. Well, to be honest,
this is a simple vocation.
- 604. But... the head of a household,
- 605. the leader of a company?
- 606. Or else just a lonely man setting off
on the road each morning...
- 607. It's companionship of a sort,
- 608. so that's how I've approached each day.
- 609. The years sure pass quickly.
- 610. Sure enough, your cornering is excellent.
- 611. Well, it may look simple,
but it's one of the fundamentals.
- 612. She may look like a sheep,
but inside, she's a fox.
- 613. Sometimes she acts like she owns the house.
- 614. Right.
- 615. Of all the people in that house,
she's lived there the longest.
- 616. She was housekeeper to
the architect Namgoong,
- 617. but then she went on to
work for this family.
- 618. When the architect moved out,
- 619. he introduced this woman to Park's family,
- 620. telling them, "This is a great housekeeper,
you should hire her."
- 621. So she survived a change of ownership.
- 622. She won't give up a good job easily.
- 623. To extract a woman like that,
we need to prepare well.
- 624. Right, we need a plan.
- 625. I want to eat peaches. I like peaches best.
- 626. Why not ask for some?
- 627. No peaches at our house.
It's forbidden fruit.
- 628. So according to what Da-hye told me,
- 629. she's got a massively serious
allergy to peaches.
- 630. You know that fuzz on a peach's skin?
- 631. If she's anywhere near it,
she gets a full body rash,
- 632. has trouble breathing, asthma,
a total meltdown!
- 633. No no, there weren't any peaches anywhere.
- 634. That's what I'm saying!
- 635. Usually when I get symptoms like this,
- 636. I run to my room and take my medicine,
- 637. but it was so sudden,
I wasn't sure where I left it.
- 638. Madame, this woman behind me, is that...?
- 639. Oh, it's our housekeeper!
- 640. So it's true. Oh, how sad.
- 641. I wasn't sure if that was really her.
- 642. I've only seen her a couple times
in the living room.
- 643. This was in the hospital?
- 644. A few days ago
I went for my annual medical exam.
- 645. I took a selfie for my wife,
and there she was behind me.
- 646. Is she talking on the phone there?
- 647. Anyway. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop...
- 648. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop,
- 649. but her words came through clearly!
- 650. - So I couldn't help but...!
- Cut, cut!
- 651. Dad, your emotions are up to here.
- 652. Bring them down to about there.
- 653. so I couldn't help but overhear.
- 654. Keep it focused!
- 655. What I'm trying to say is, it's just that,
- 656. your housekeeper's voice
is quite loud, you know?
- 657. I understand, it's all right.
Just tell me, okay?
- 658. She said she got diagnosed with active TB,
- 659. and she was shouting on the phone,
- 660. so upset she could barely control herself!
- 661. Tuberculosis? Come on...
- 662. It's true, she phoned someone
saying she had active TB.
- 663. Do people still get TB?
- 664. Dad...
- 665. Back in the day,
people used to buy Christmas Seals, right?
- 666. Feels like a bygone era.
- 667. But I saw it on the internet.
- 668. Korea has the #1 rate of TB
of all the OECD countries.
- 669. But she's still working,
as if nothing's wrong.
- 670. With a kid like Da-song in the house.
- 671. So you've got a young kid
like Da-song in the house,
- 672. and a TB patient is doing dishes,
cooking, spraying spittle...
- 673. Stop it, please!
- 674. Arriving in 3 mins
- 675. If you get the chance,
this'll be icing on the cake.
- 676. Madame
- 677. 2nd floor sauna room
- 678. Don't let her see you
- 679. - Have a seat.
- 680. Mr. Kim.
- 681. Please don't tell any of this
to my husband, okay?
- 682. Understood.
- 683. If he hears I brought a
TB patient to our home,
- 684. I'll be hanged and quartered!
- 685. Don't worry, Madame.
- 686. And if I may presume to say one thing.
- 687. I have no feelings against that woman.
- 688. I felt I had to speak up
for the sake of public health and hygiene.
- 689. But this could be seen as snitching or...
- 690. Don't you worry.
- 691. I won't mention the TB.
- 692. I'll just make up some
excuse to dismiss her.
- 693. Simply and quietly.
- 694. It's a proven method. That's the best.
- 695. Okay, then.
- 696. Have you... washed your hands?
- 697. Mr. Kim, do you know a
good braised ribs place?
- 698. Somewhere close by.
- 699. Sure.
- 700. - Then you'll be eating out?
- That's right.
- 701. Why such a craving for braised ribs today?
- 702. Our old housekeeper made delicious ribs.
- 703. The one who quit this week?
- 704. My wife wouldn't even tell me why she quit.
- 705. Sure, it's easy enough to hire a new one.
- 706. Still, it's a shame.
She was a great housekeeper.
- 707. I see.
- 708. She kept the house in great shape,
- 709. and she knew never to cross the line.
- 710. I can't stand people who cross the line.
- 711. Perhaps just one weak point?
- 712. Eating too much.
- 713. She always ate enough for two.
- 714. But considering all the work she did...
- 715. Then you better find someone new.
A new housekeeper.
- 716. We're in trouble now.
- 717. In a week, our house will be a trash can.
- 718. My clothes will start to smell.
- 719. My wife has no talent for housework.
- 720. She's bad at cleaning,
and her cooking's awful.
- 721. Still, you love her, right?
- 722. Of course. I love her.
- 723. We'll call it love.
- 724. Then would this help?
- 725. The Care? What is this?
- 726. I just recently found out about them.
- 727. How to describe it?
It's like a membership service.
- 728. The company provides veteran-grade
help to VIP customers such as you.
- 729. For example maids, caregivers,
or drivers like myself.
- 730. You can tell from the
card they're high-class.
- 731. Cool design.
- 732. Then how do you know about this company?
- 733. They contacted me,
as a veteran-grade driver.
- 734. You might say they scouted me?
- 735. But when their call came
I had already arranged to meet with you.
- 736. I see...
- 737. You turned down
this famous company to work for me.
- 738. I won't forget that.
- 739. Son of a bitch!
- 740. Anyway, I can give this
card to my wife, right?
- 741. Yes, that's why I brought it up.
- 742. No need to mention me.
- 743. You can tell her
you found the company yourself.
- 744. Sure.
- 745. Thanks to you I can play the good husband.
- 746. On the back,
there's a number for consultations.
- 747. Tell her to call there...
- 748. Eyes on the road!
- 749. Hello, this is Senior
Advisor Yeo of The Care.
- 750. Yes, this is The Care's main office?
- 751. That's correct.
- 752. If she wanted,
she'd be a fucking great con artist.
- 753. Isn't her voice tone great? Takes after me.
- 754. From what I've heard,
it's a full membership service?
- 755. So you're not currently a member, I assume?
- 756. That's right. What steps do I need to take?
- 757. We'll just need to receive
a few documents from you.
- 758. Are you ready to write this down?
- 759. Your family register,
citizenship ID cards...
- 760. documents to prove your income level,
- 761. I.e. The title to your property, etc.
- 762. Our property title? Yes.
- 763. Wow, peaches!
- 764. You have some too, Mr. Kevin.
- 765. Thank you.
- 766. Leave it outside the door next time.
- 767. - And knock!
- 768. No entering during my lesson!
- 769. Yes, miss!
- 770. Park Da-song!
- 771. Daddy!
- 772. Where are you?
- 773. Daddy!
- 774. Son!
- 775. Walkie talkies!
- 776. Walkie talkies?
- 777. Walkie talkies!
- 778. Who do you like better,
your dad or the walkie talkie?
- 779. Da-song, how could you run out
from your lesson?
- 780. When did you buy all this?
- 781. It's no big deal.
- 782. Huh?
- 783. Huh?
- 784. What is it?
- 785. What's he doing now?
- 786. Da-song, don't do that!
- 787. It's the same! They smell the same!
- 788. What are you talking about?
Go up to Jessica.
- 789. Jessica smells like that, too.
- 790. So do we all need to
use different soap, now?
- 791. Dad, we'll need to use
different laundry soap, too.
- 792. And fabric softener.
- 793. You mean doing four separate loads
of laundry each time?
- 794. That's not it.
- 795. It's the semi-basement smell.
- 796. We need to leave this
home to lose the smell.
- 797. Anyway, aren't we fortunate to be
worrying about things like this?
- 798. Sure.
- 799. In an age like ours,
- 800. when an opening for a security guard
attracts 500 university graduates.
- 801. Our entire family got hired!
- 802. That's right, Dad!
- 803. If we put our 4 salaries together?
- 804. The amount of cash coming from
that house into ours is immense!
- 805. Let's offer a prayer of gratitude
to the great Mr. Park.
- 806. And to Min!
- 807. Ki-woo, that friend of yours
turned into such a fine guy,
- 808. and thanks to him we're all...
Fuck, not again!
- 809. That asshole's dead.
- 810. Ki-woo's on the rampage!
- 811. Don't overdo it!
- 812. Use this instead.
- 813. Damn you!
- 814. Get a fucking grip!
- 815. Get a grip!
- 816. Wow!
- 817. It's a deluge!
- 818. Current weather is clear, over.
The clouds are moving.
- 819. But they're not rain clouds, over.
- 820. I hear you, over.
- 821. Currently your sister's lip
is pouting like a duck's bill.
- 822. She's super annoyed, over.
- 823. Can't I stay home and study English?
And call Kevin?
- 824. Hey! Don't make a scene
just as we're leaving.
- 825. If we have to go, let's have fun.
- 826. Da-hye, this is no ordinary camping trip.
- 827. That's right!
- 828. How could you miss your brother's birthday?
- 829. No way!
- 830. Even your busy father is
taking time off to go.
- 831. Right! If you don't go, you'll regret it!
- 832. Oh, right. You know the beam projector?
- 833. The outdoor theater?
- 834. Right, bring the outdoor beam projector.
- 835. Yes.
- 836. And look for Da-song's camping raincoat.
- 837. He loves it when it rains.
- 838. You remember now?
Zoonie, Berry, and Foofoo.
- 839. Zoonie and Berry get this.
- 840. Yes, Natural Balance Original Ultra.
- 841. Right, and for Foofoo...
- 842. Kani-kamaboko. Japanese crab sticks.
- 843. Yes.
- 844. When you walk Zoonie,
give him a long leash.
- 845. He needs to run around to feel happy.
- 846. He's like the canine version of Da-song!
- 847. Son!
- 848. Why are you lying down outside?
- 849. Isn't he hot out there?
- 850. I'm gazing at the sky from home.
- 851. It's so great.
- 852. Mom, want some water?
- 853. There's sparkling, right?
- 854. Ki-jung, some water?
- 855. Telepathy... thank you.
- 856. Whoa.
- 857. Wow, all these varieties of alcohol.
- 858. Dad! Let me add another to the mix!
- 859. This is pretty classy.
- 860. Rain falling on the lawn,
as we sip our whiskey...
- 861. Ki-woo, what's that yellow notebook
you've been carrying?
- 862. This? It's Da-hye's diary.
- 863. Her diary?
- 864. What a scumbag.
How could you read her diary?
- 865. Just so we can understand
each other deeper.
- 866. Fuck, are you two dating?
- 867. I'm serious. She really likes me too.
- 868. A while back...
- 869. Never mind.
- 870. When she enters university,
I'll officially ask her out.
- 871. Seriously.
- 872. My son!
- 873. Then this house will
be your in-laws' house?
- 874. That's right.
- 875. Fuck, then I'm washing dishes
at my daughter-in-law's?
- 876. Sure, washing your daughter-in-law's socks!
- 877. I like her. She's a good kid.
- 878. She's pretty, but she's not wild.
- 879. Well, now that we're daydreaming...
- 880. If Da-hye and I marry,
- 881. we can bring in actors
to be my mom and dad.
- 882. Look at her.
- 883. She got so many jobs acting
in weddings last year.
- 884. I even caught the bouquet
from a bitch I've never met.
- 885. If you get the bouquet,
they pay an extra $10.
- 886. That's how your acting got so good!
- 887. Acting is one thing,
but this family is so gullible, right?
- 888. The madame especially.
- 889. You said it.
- 890. She's so naive, and nice.
- 891. She's rich, but still nice.
- 892. Not "rich, but still nice."
- 893. "Nice because she's rich." You know?
- 894. Hell, if I had all this money.
- 895. I'd be nice too!
- 896. Even nicer!
- 897. That's true. Your mom's right.
- 898. Rich people are naive. No resentments.
- 899. No creases on them.
- 900. It all gets ironed out. Money is an iron.
- 901. Those creases all get smoothed out.
- 902. Hey, Ki-woo.
- 903. You know that driver, Yoon? Was it Yoon?
- 904. The driver before me.
- 905. Yeah, Yoon.
- 906. He must be working
somewhere else now, right?
- 907. Sure, he must be.
- 908. He's young, got a nice physique.
- 909. He must've found a better job.
- 910. Fucking hell!
- 911. What's with her now?
- 912. We're the ones who need help.
Worry about us, okay?
- 913. Dad! Come on, Dad!
- 914. Just focus on us, okay? On us!
- 915. Not Driver Yoon, but me, please!
- 916. Awesome timing, huh?
- 917. She speaks, and the lightning crashes!
- 918. Hey, Jessica. Cheers.
- 919. Hey, when I went up before,
and you were in the bath...
- 920. What about it?
- 921. How to put it? You fit in here.
- 922. This rich house suits you. Not like us.
- 923. Fuck off.
- 924. I'm serious!
- 925. Dad, before...
- 926. She was lying back in the tub, watching TV.
- 927. Like she's lived here for years.
- 928. Speaking of which,
if this became our house,
- 929. if we lived here,
which room would you want?
- 930. What room in this masterwork
by the great Namgoong?
- 931. Fuck, I don't know.
- 932. Get me the house first.
Then I'll think about it.
- 933. We live here now, don't we?
- 934. Getting drunk in the living room.
- 935. Right, we live here. Why not?
- 936. This is our home right now. It's cosy.
- 937. Cosy? Are you feeling cosy?
- 938. Sure, but suppose Park walked
through that door now.
- 939. What about your dad?
- 940. He'd run and hide like a cockroach.
- 941. Kids, you know at our house,
- 942. when you turn on the light,
and the cockroaches scatter?
- 943. You know what I mean?
- 944. I'm getting fucking tired of this.
- 945. - A cockroach?
- 946. Huh? What's wrong?
- 947. What's the matter?
- 948. Dad, don't do that. You only live once.
- 949. What the hell?
- 950. I fooled you! Didn't I?
- 951. Jesus, Dad.
- 952. I fooled you too, Ki-woo?
Did it look for real?
- 953. If it was for real, I'd fucking kill you.
- 954. What is this? Fucking puppy.
- 955. Who is it at this hour?
- 956. What is it?
- 957. What's she doing here?
- 958. The old housekeeper?
- 959. What's she here for?
- 960. She won't stop ringing it.
- 961. Raising a racket.
- 962. Who is it?
- 963. Oh, hello! I'm...
- 964. The madame's not in, right?
- 965. What?
- 966. I worked here for a very long time.
- 967. Above the monitor there,
you see a photo of 3 dogs, right?
- 968. Zoonie, Berry, Foofoo.
- 969. I get it, but why are you here?
- 970. You're my successor as housekeeper, right?
- 971. Anyway...
- 972. I'm very sorry to call on you so late.
- 973. It's just that...
- 974. I forgot something in the basement
under the kitchen.
- 975. When I left,
they pushed me out so quickly...
- 976. Would you let me in?
- 977. What do we do?
- 978. This isn't in the plan.
- 979. Sorry for the trouble.
- 980. This way.
- 981. Yes, thank you.
- 982. You can put your raincoat...
- 983. It'll just be a second.
- 984. Quite a meal there.
That'll be a job to clean up.
- 985. But what did you leave below?
- 986. Want to come down with me?
- 987. Well, just go ahead.
- 988. Help me push this!
- 989. Pull it! From over there.
- 990. What?
- 991. Pull!
- 992. Pull it hard!
- 993. Are you okay?
- 994. Did I scare you?
- 995. Thank you!
- 996. Thank you.
- 997. Honey!
- 998. What the hell?
- 999. Hey!
- 1000. Honey!
- 1001. Honey!
- 1002. Wait!
- 1003. Honey, I'm here!
- 1004. What is all this?
- 1005. Honey!
- 1006. Honey, I'm fine.
- 1007. No you're not!
- 1008. I'm fine, really.
- 1009. How can you say that?
- 1010. But I'm really hungry.
- 1011. Suck it!
- 1012. How many days has it been?
- 1013. You must've been so hungry!
- 1014. It's okay.
- 1015. She's a nice woman. She let me in.
- 1016. There was an iron plate, for grilling meat.
- 1017. It was wedged under the shelf.
- 1018. So that's why.
- 1019. I couldn't open it from the inside.
- 1020. - What's going on here?
- I know you must be startled.
- 1021. I would be too in this situation.
- 1022. But as two fellow workers...
- 1023. How do you know my name?
- 1024. To be honest I'm still texting
with the boy Da-song.
- 1025. I knew they were going camping,
so I came today.
- 1026. I wanted to speak to you alone.
- 1027. Talking about.
- 1028. Don't worry, Chung-sook.
- 1029. I cut the wire on the CCTV by the gate.
- 1030. Nobody knows I came. Isn't that good, sis?
- 1031. Don't call me sis!
- 1032. Sis, my name is Moon-gwang.
- 1033. This is my hubbie Oh Geun-sae.
Say hello, honey.
- 1034. This tastes great.
What happened to your face?
- 1035. I'll tell you later.
- 1036. So you'd steal food every day
while working in the kitchen.
- 1037. Feeding your husband.
- 1038. Not at all! I bought all his food
with my salary.
- 1039. That's so unfair!
- 1040. But how long has your
husband been down here?
- 1041. Hold on a sec. 4 years?
- 1042. 4 years, 3 months and 17 days.
- 1043. Right, it's June now.
- 1044. Four years ago
when Mr. Namgoong moved to Paris,
- 1045. in the time before
Mr. Park's family moved in,
- 1046. I brought my husband down here.
- 1047. Many rich houses have secret bunkers,
where you can hide
- 1048. in case North Korea attacks,
or if creditors break in.
- 1049. But it seems Mr. Namgoong
was a bit embarrassed about this,
- 1050. because he never mentioned it
to Mr. Park's family.
- 1051. So only I know about it.
- 1052. So that's how it happened.
- 1053. But now that I know,
I've no choice but to call the police!
- 1054. No please, sis!
- 1055. As fellow members of the
needy, please don't.
- 1056. I'm not needy!
- 1057. But we're needy!
- 1058. We've no house, no money, only debts!
- 1059. Sis, please!
- 1060. Even after 4 years of hiding,
those debt collectors won't give up.
- 1061. They're still searching for him,
threatening to stab him.
- 1062. You used loan sharks?
- 1063. It's all my fault.
- 1064. The Taiwan cake shop.
- 1065. My Taiwanese Wangshui
castella shop went bust.
- 1066. I was overwhelmed by debt.
- 1067. Please take this.
- 1068. What's that?
- 1069. It's not much, just a modest sum.
- 1070. But we'll send it to you every month.
- 1071. In return, just once every 2 days,
- 1072. please leave him some food.
- 1073. No no, just once a week.
- 1074. There's a refrigerator here.
Just once a week.
- 1075. You've got some nerve!
I'm calling the police.
- 1076. Sis!
- 1077. Who is that?
- 1078. Wait... Jessica?
- 1079. Mr. Kim?
- 1080. What the hell?
- 1081. Dad, my ankle!
- 1082. You okay? Sorry.
- 1083. Dad, my foot.
- 1084. Don't call me Dad!
- 1085. I thought it was weird
when the driver was fired.
- 1086. Hey!
- 1087. - Let's talk things over.
- What the hell?
- 1088. Are you some family of charlatans?
- 1089. So, sis...
- 1090. Don't fucking call me
sis, you filthy bitch!
- 1091. I'm gonna send this video to the madame,
how about that?
- 1092. Dad, my foot.
- 1093. No reception in the basement, right?
- 1094. - The phone works fine.
- 1095. Ma'am, to be honest,
the jobs we have here...
- 1096. Shut up! It's too late now!
- 1097. Let's all go to jail!
We're fucking going down!
- 1098. Lady, are you crazy?
- 1099. If they see that video,
Mr. Park and his wife will be so shocked!
- 1100. What did those nice people ever do wrong?
- 1101. Why do this to them?
- 1102. Stop right there!
- 1103. Or I'll push the 'send' button.
- 1104. Follow me.
- 1105. Calm down, ma'am.
- 1106. Don't push!
- 1107. Let's go up, honey.
- 1108. Time for you to get some fresh air!
- 1109. Honey, this 'send' button is
like a missile launcher.
- 1110. What do you mean, honey?
- 1111. If we threaten to push it,
those people can't do anything.
- 1112. It's like a North Korean rocket.
A North Korean missile button!
- 1113. Today our beloved Great Leader Kim Jong-un,
- 1114. after witnessing the
charlatan family video,
- 1115. was unable to contain his shock and fury
- 1116. at their wicked, despicable provocation!
- 1117. I've missed your jokes, honey!
- 1118. Therefore our Great Leader,
in this age of denuclearization,
- 1119. has commanded that
the nation's last remaining nuclear warhead
- 1120. be driven down the throats
of this wicked family!
- 1121. No one can imitate North Korean
news anchors like you!
- 1122. With their stinking guts serving
as the last nuclear graveyard,
- 1123. our Dear Leader's wish to denuclearize
and bring world peace can...
- 1124. Hands in the air, fuckers!
- 1125. Higher!
- 1126. You scumbag family.
- 1127. Husband?
- 1128. Husband.
- 1129. Wife?
- 1130. Yes.
- 1131. - Son?
- 1132. - Daughter?
- 1133. You neanderthals.
- 1134. Is that all you can think to do,
drink yourselves stupid?
- 1135. In this home suffused
with Mr. Namgoong's creative spirit?
- 1136. You cretins!
- 1137. What do you know about art?
- 1138. What would they know?
- 1139. When the sun was nice,
we'd bask in those sunbeams, right?
- 1140. At such moments
we could feel his artistic touch.
- 1141. Give it to me!
- 1142. Good job! Delete it!
- 1143. Careful, don't send it by accident.
- 1144. Hello?
- 1145. Listen, do you know how to make ram-don?
- 1146. Ram-don?
- 1147. Da-song likes ram-don more than anything.
- 1148. If you boil the water now,
the timing will be perfect.
- 1149. There's sirloin in the
fridge, add that too.
- 1150. Then, the camping...?
- 1151. My god, what a disaster.
- 1152. The river overflowed and
everyone was packing their tents,
- 1153. but Da-song was crying
and refusing to go home.
- 1154. Anyway, ram-don as soon
as we walk in, okay?
- 1155. Then you're almost here?
- 1156. 8 minutes, according to the GPS.
- 1157. You arrive in 8 minutes...
- 1158. Start boiling the water right away!
- 1159. What the hell is ram-don?
- 1160. Move, quickly!
- 1161. Hurry!
- 1162. Ramen I Udon
- 1163. Dad, I can't drag her any further!
- 1164. What are you doing?
- 1165. Dad!
- 1166. Go up quickly! Help upstairs.
- 1167. Take this!
- 1168. Welcome home!
- 1169. Da-song, look! Let's eat ram-don!
- 1170. Da-song!
- 1171. Da-song!
- 1172. Madame!
- 1173. Why don't you just eat the ram-don?
- 1174. Shall I?
- 1175. No wait. I can give it to my husband.
- 1176. There's sirloin in here.
- 1177. It's cooked through? Medium well done.
- 1178. Returning after a day's work...
I love you so much, Mr. Park!
- 1179. Home from the office,
Mr. Park is off duty now.
- 1180. Returning after a day's work...
I love you so much, Mr. Park!
- 1181. - What are you doing?
- Shut up!
- 1182. Honey, do you want some ram-don?
- 1183. Da-song doesn't want it?
- 1184. No.
- 1185. No, I'm tired. I'm going to bed.
- 1186. Why are you staring?
- 1187. Mr. Park, you feed me and house me.
- 1188. Respect!
- 1189. You do this every day?
- 1190. Sure, I even send whole
sentences to thank him.
- 1191. Someone of your age should know it.
- 1192. Know what?
- 1193. Morse Code.
- 1194. That sensor's going batty.
- 1195. Da-song will know it, since he's a Scout.
- 1196. It's ridiculous, right?
- 1197. Running around, trying to please a kid.
- 1198. He's not some kind of prince.
- 1199. He's the youngest. It's common.
- 1200. Please understand.
- 1201. Da-song is a bit... unwell.
- 1202. He's receiving trauma
therapy and art therapy.
- 1203. There was an incident.
- 1204. What incident?
- 1205. Sis, you believe in ghosts, too?
- 1206. Da-song saw a ghost in the house
when he was in 1st grade.
- 1207. He had a birthday party at home that day.
- 1208. Late that night,
when everyone was sleeping,
- 1209. Da-song crept down to the kitchen
and took the cake out.
- 1210. The whipped cream on that cake was amazing.
- 1211. Even in bed,
he couldn't stop thinking about it.
- 1212. So Da-song was sitting, eating his cake...
- 1213. He screamed, and I ran downstairs,
- 1214. and he was all...
- 1215. his eyes rolled back in his head,
convulsions, foam in his mouth.
- 1216. Have you ever seen a child have a seizure?
- 1217. No.
- 1218. They need 15-minute treatment,
or they're done for.
- 1219. That's the time you have to reach
an emergency room, 15 minutes.
- 1220. How can you live in a place like this?
- 1221. Well, lots of people live underground.
- 1222. Especially if you count semi-basements.
- 1223. What'll you do? You don't have a plan?
- 1224. I just feel comfortable here.
- 1225. It feels like I was born here.
- 1226. Maybe I had my wedding here, too.
- 1227. As for the National
Pension, I don't qualify.
- 1228. In my old age, love will comfort me.
- 1229. So please. Let me live down here.
- 1230. Anyway...
- 1231. My husband was away on business,
so I had to deal with it all.
- 1232. Since then we've always
gone out for his birthday.
- 1233. Last year my mother's house,
this year, camping.
- 1234. Da-song's dad says
it's just a part of growing up.
- 1235. They say a ghost in the
house brings wealth.
- 1236. Actually, the money's been good recently.
- 1237. Thank god.
- 1238. Just stay here for now.
- 1239. Zoonie, what's wrong?
- 1240. Something under there?
- 1241. What is it?
- 1242. Damn it!
- 1243. - Mom!
- 1244. - How could you?
- 1245. I like ram-don too!
How could you not even ask me?
- 1246. Well...
- 1247. Da-song didn't want it, so you asked Dad,
then ate it yourself.
- 1248. Want her to make one?
- 1249. That's not the point!
- 1250. - Stop fighting over ramen!
- Why didn't you ask me?
- 1251. Oh, stop it! Just go to bed.
Go get changed.
- 1252. This way!
- 1253. And Ki-jung?
- 1254. Under there! Hurry!
- 1255. One, two, three! One, two three!
- 1256. Da-song?
- 1257. Da-song, cut it out!
- 1258. He's gone crazy! Get an umbrella.
- 1259. Hey Park Da-song!
- 1260. What a monster. What the hell is he doing?
- 1261. Da-song, it's time for bed!
You know how late it is?
- 1262. Here.
- 1263. Honey, here.
- 1264. Who do you take after to be so stubborn!
Look at this rain!
- 1265. OMG Kevin. Da-song camping in the yard.
- 1266. Hey, channel 3 for emergencies!
Keep it turned on.
- 1267. Let me have it. I can't believe him.
- 1268. Just leave him.
He'll come in if he's tired.
- 1269. - I want you here, honey.
- I'm with you.
- 1270. Hey, Da-hye!
- 1271. Stop using your phone. Go to bed.
- 1272. Go sleep in your room.
We'll take care of things.
- 1273. This is the living room, do you copy?
- 1274. Copy, over.
- 1275. Daddy is standing by for emergencies, over.
- 1276. Got it, over.
- 1277. Is that tent going to leak?
- 1278. We ordered from the U.S., it'll be fine.
- 1279. - Should we sleep here?
- 1280. We've got a full view of the tent.
- 1281. Good idea. I'll feel much better.
- 1282. Right?
- 1283. Let's watch over him as we sleep.
- 1284. What a kid...
- 1285. Wait a minute.
- 1286. Where's that smell coming from?
- 1287. What smell?
- 1288. Mr. Kim's smell.
- 1289. - Mr. Kim?
- 1290. Not sure what you mean.
- 1291. Really? You must have smelled it.
- 1292. That smell that wafts through the car,
how to describe it?
- 1293. - An old man's smell?
- No no, it's not that.
- 1294. What is it?
- 1295. Like an old radish?
- 1296. No.
- 1297. You know when you boil a rag?
- 1298. It smells like that.
- 1299. Anyway, even though he always seems
about to cross the line,
- 1300. he never does cross it. That's good.
- 1301. - I'll give him credit.
- 1302. But that smell crosses the line.
- 1303. It powers through right into the back seat.
- 1304. How bad can it be?
- 1305. I don't know.
- 1306. It's hard to describe.
- 1307. But you sometimes smell it on the subway.
- 1308. It's been ages since I rode a subway.
- 1309. People who ride the subway
have a special smell.
- 1310. Yeah.
- 1311. Isn't this like the car's back seat?
- 1312. What if Da-song comes back in?
- 1313. Don't worry!
- 1314. I can just pull my hand back.
- 1315. We shouldn't...
- 1316. Do it clockwise.
- 1317. Right.
- 1318. You know where.
- 1319. You still have those cheap panties?
- 1320. Huh?
- 1321. The ones Yoon's girlfriend left behind.
- 1322. If you wear those,
I'll get really fucking hard.
- 1323. Really?
- 1324. Then buy me drugs.
- 1325. Buy me drugs!
- 1326. Eat this instead.
- 1327. You like it?
- 1328. They're passed out cold. Sneak out now.
- 1329. Emergency! Emergency, over!
- 1330. - Emergency!
- 1331. What is it, over!
- 1332. Da-song, what's wrong?
- 1333. I can't sleep, over.
- 1334. So stop it and come in, okay?
- 1335. Go sleep in your soft bed, over.
- 1336. Right!
- 1337. I don't want to, over.
- 1338. Hey, Park Da-song.
- 1339. Let's just sleep...
- 1340. How did it turn out back there?
- 1341. What?
- 1342. The people in the basement.
- 1343. Well, I tied them up.
- 1344. What will we do now?
- 1345. Huh?
- 1346. What do we do now, what's our plan?
- 1347. I've been wondering...
- 1348. What would Min do in this situation?
- 1349. Min wouldn't be in this situation!
- 1350. Look kids, we made it
out of there safely, right?
- 1351. And besides us, nobody knows
what happened there. Right?
- 1352. So nothing happened. You understand?
- 1353. I've got my own plan.
- 1354. So you two just forget about it, okay?
- 1355. Let's go home.
- 1356. Let's go take a bath.
- 1357. What are you doing there? Hurry up!
- 1358. What's going on?
- 1359. You stay there. This is all sewage water.
- 1360. Was our window open?
- 1361. Help me out, Ki-taek!
- 1362. Ki-woo!
- 1363. Hey Ki-woo, close the window!
- 1364. You got shocked?
- 1365. I'm dizzy.
- 1366. Hold on a sec. Wait.
- 1367. Shit, I'm dizzy.
- 1368. Ki-jung, be careful.
- 1369. Don't touch anything.
- 1370. Honey, I've got a concussion.
- 1371. I can't see you.
- 1372. Honey, that woman Chung-sook...
- 1373. Oh, god.
- 1374. What a nice person.
- 1375. She kicked me down the stairs.
- 1376. Repeat after me.
- 1377. Chung-sook...
- 1378. Chung-sook...
- 1379. Hey, Ki-woo!
- 1380. What are you doing there?
- 1381. Huh?
- 1382. h o I p... M...
- 1383. Dad.
- 1384. Yeah?
- 1385. What was your plan?
- 1386. What are you talking about?
- 1387. Before, you said you had a plan.
- 1388. What will you do? About...
- 1389. the basement.
- 1390. Ki-woo, you know what
kind of plan never fails?
- 1391. No plan at all.
- 1392. No plan.
- 1393. You know why?
- 1394. If you make a plan,
life never works out that way.
- 1395. Look around us.
- 1396. Did these people think,
"Let's all spend the night in a gym?"
- 1397. But look now.
- 1398. Everyone's sleeping on the
floor, us included.
- 1399. That's why people shouldn't make plans.
- 1400. With no plan, nothing can go wrong.
- 1401. And if something spins out of control,
it doesn't matter.
- 1402. Whether you kill someone,
or betray your country.
- 1403. None of it fucking matters. Got it?
- 1404. Dad.
- 1405. I'm sorry.
- 1406. For what?
- 1407. Everything.
- 1408. All of it.
- 1409. I'll take care of everything.
- 1410. What are you talking about?
- 1411. Why are you hugging that stone?
- 1412. This?
- 1413. It keeps clinging to me.
- 1414. I think you need some sleep.
- 1415. I'm serious.
- 1416. It keeps following me.
- 1417. Miss Jessica!
Sorry to call on Sunday morning.
- 1418. Are you free for lunch today?
- 1419. We're having a birthday
impromptu for Da-song.
- 1420. A birthday party?
- 1421. If you come too, Da-song will be so happy.
- 1422. And have as much pasta, gratin,
and salmon steak as you want.
- 1423. Please come by 1PM,
- 1424. and I'll count today
as one of your lessons.
- 1425. You know what I mean? See you soon!
- 1426. - Mom.
- 1427. For the impromptu,
should we invite Kevin too?
- 1428. Great idea! Why not? Will you call him?
- 1429. Get some more sleep, honey!
You must be tired after yesterday.
- 1430. If we have a party,
won't you need to do the rounds?
- 1431. Right, the wine shop,
supermarket, bakery, florist...
- 1432. But I already told Mr. Kim to hurry over.
- 1433. I'll pay him overtime.
- 1434. Perfect
- 1435. Everyone sit down, I'll explain!
- 1436. Da-We're having a party,
- 1437. and mom said to invite you!
- 1438. Sis, in the basement...
- 1439. we have 10 outdoor tables.
- 1440. First take them all out,
then arrange them...
- 1441. No, come to the window. I need to show you.
- 1442. With Da-song's tent in the middle,
- 1443. curve the tables outward...
- 1444. A crane's wing formation!
- 1445. Like Admiral Yi used, you know?
The Battle of Hansan Island!
- 1446. Think of the tent as the Japanese warship.
- 1447. And our tables will make
a semicircular crane's wing formation.
- 1448. Then near the tent will be the
barbeque grill, firewood and such.
- 1449. Arrange them all there!
- 1450. Oh sure, bring your husband too!
- 1451. Yeah.
- 1452. And definitely no presents, just come!
- 1453. Yeah.
- 1454. What dress code?
- 1455. It's an impromptu.
You can wear sweat pants!
- 1456. And definitely no presents!
Just come and eat hors d'oeuvres!
- 1457. You know my culinary skills!
- 1458. Right! We'll get drunk in the daytime.
- 1459. Yeah.
- 1460. If you'd sing, that'd be grand!
You know the one...
- 1461. Quiet, he's sleeping!
- 1462. Today the sky's so blue, and no pollution!
- 1463. Thanks to all the rain yesterday.
- 1464. Right.
- 1465. So we traded camping for a garden party.
- 1466. Lemons into lemonade.
- 1467. Right, that rain was such a blessing!
- 1468. And definitely no presents, I mean it!
- 1469. Right, just squeeze
your Mini Cooper into the garage.
- 1470. Go on up!
- 1471. Right, back it in.
Just don't block the Benz!
- 1472. You're here! It's been so long!
- 1473. I told you no presents!
- 1474. You were thinking of something else.
- 1475. What?
- 1476. While kissing me,
you thought of something else.
- 1477. No.
- 1478. What do you mean? You're doing it now, too.
- 1479. Wow.
- 1480. Everyone looks gorgeous, right?
- 1481. Even for a sudden
gathering, they're so cool.
- 1482. And look so natural.
- 1483. Da-hye.
- 1484. Do I fit in here?
- 1485. What?
- 1486. In this setting, do I fit in?
- 1487. Hey, where are you going?
- 1488. I need to go down.
- 1489. Just stay with me.
- 1490. I need to go down there.
- 1491. Why go to those boring people?
Can't you stay here?
- 1492. Not to those people, down lower.
- 1493. Wow, what is that?
- 1494. God, I can't believe I'm
doing this at my age.
- 1495. It's so embarrassing.
- 1496. I'm really sorry, Mr. Kim.
- 1497. Da-song's mom insisted, it can't be helped.
- 1498. But the concept is simple.
- 1499. There'll be a parade with Jessica
carrying a birthday cake.
- 1500. Then we jump out and attack Jessica.
- 1501. Swinging our tomahawks!
- 1502. Right.
- 1503. Just then, Da-song the good Indian
will jump out and we'll do battle.
- 1504. Finally he'll save Jessica the cake
princess, and they'll all cheer.
- 1505. Something like that.
- 1506. Silly, isn't it?
- 1507. I guess your wife likes
events and surprises.
- 1508. Yeah, she does.
- 1509. But she's particularly into this party.
- 1510. You're trying your best, too.
- 1511. Well, you love her, after all.
- 1512. Mr. Kim.
- 1513. You're getting paid extra.
- 1514. Think of this as part of your work, okay?
- 1515. Did you go down below?
- 1516. - Not yet.
- Shouldn't we talk to them?
- 1517. Reach an understanding?
- 1518. Exactly!
- 1519. We all got too fucking
worked up last night.
- 1520. Dad was going on about some plan...
- 1521. - I'm just going down there.
- Hold on.
- 1522. Take this down to them.
- 1523. - They must be hungry.
- 1524. Let them eat first.
- 1525. Come next time for sure!
- 1526. Here you are, Jessica.
- 1527. - This is so amazing.
- Isn't it great?
- 1528. I've got a special favor to ask.
- 1529. What is it?
- 1530. This is... how to describe it?
- 1531. Da-song's trauma recovery cake?
- 1532. So it needs to be you who does it.
- 1533. Hey, are you okay?
- 1534. Are you...?
- 1535. Wait, mister!
- 1536. Kevin? Kevin!
- 1537. Da-song, happy birthday!
- 1538. Congratulations!
- 1539. Shit...
- 1540. Stop!
- 1541. Chung-sook!
- 1542. Ki-jung!
- 1543. Come out here, Chung-sook!
- 1544. Stop the blood! Push down on the wound!
- 1545. Da-song!
- 1546. Honey!
- 1547. Let go, don't!
- 1548. It hurts.
- 1549. The emergency room!
- 1550. Get the car!
- 1551. Mr. Kim! What are you doing?
- 1552. We can't wait for an ambulance!
- 1553. Stop pushing, Dad!
- 1554. Makes it hurt more.
- 1555. Car keys! The car keys!
- 1556. Throw them! Throw me the keys!
- 1557. Are you okay?
- 1558. Don't touch it!
- 1559. Hello, Mr. Park.
- 1560. You know me?
- 1561. Respect!
- 1562. Opening my eyes for the
first time in a month,
- 1563. I saw a detective.
- 1564. You have the right to an attorney...
- 1565. Who looked nothing like a detective.
- 1566. Is he laughing?
- 1567. Just a sec.
- 1568. Then the doctor who looked
nothing like a doctor spoke.
- 1569. That happens sometimes after brain surgery.
- 1570. They keep laughing. For no reason.
- 1571. Do you hear me?
- 1572. Can you hear me?
- 1573. Then do I have to do it again?
- 1574. Do what?
- 1575. The Miranda thing.
- 1576. You have the right to remain silent.
- 1577. Anything you say can and
will be used against you...
- 1578. He keeps laughing, look!
- 1579. Even when I heard
how much Ki-jung bled that day...
- 1580. Even when I heard the words forgery,
trespassing, foul play, self-defense
- 1581. and we were lucky
to get away with a probation...
- 1582. Even when I finally
got to see Ki-jung's face...
- 1583. Kim Ki-jung, RIP
- 1584. I kept laughing.
- 1585. Still, when I went back
and watched the news reports,
- 1586. I didn't laugh.
- 1587. This sudden rampage in the back yard
of an upper-class home
- 1588. is a highly unusual case.
- 1589. Since the homeless man
who sparked the rampage died at the scene,
- 1590. police are struggling to
even establish a clear motive.
- 1591. The driver Kim and the slain Mr. Park
are said to have been on good terms.
- 1592. For now the police investigation is
focused on locating the driver Kim.
- 1593. Kim, after exiting this door
and descending the stairs,
- 1594. disappeared into the neighboring alleys.
- 1595. Police searched the CCTVs
of nearby homes to no avail,
- 1596. and they have yet to find any witnesses.
- 1597. Given the situation,
- 1598. it's not an exaggeration to say that
Kim vanished into thin air.
- 1599. Actually Mom and I had
no idea where Dad was.
- 1600. But those detectives
still wore themselves out tailing us.
- 1601. Eventually the news went quiet,
- 1602. and after the tails stopped,
- 1603. I started going up that mountain.
- 1604. From up there,
you get a great view of the house.
- 1605. That day, despite the cold,
- 1606. I felt like staying longer.
- 1607. Dash-dash-dot-dot
- 1608. Son!
- 1609. Son!
- 1610. Perhaps you, if no one else,
will be able to read this letter.
- 1611. You were a Boy Scout,
- 1612. so I'm writing this just in case.
- 1613. Have your injuries healed?
- 1614. I'm sure your mom is plenty healthy.
- 1615. I'm doing fine in here.
- 1616. Though thinking of Ki-jung makes me cry.
- 1617. Even now, what happened that day
doesn't seem real.
- 1618. It feels like a dream,
- 1619. and yet it doesn't.
- 1620. That day as I went out the gate,
I suddenly knew.
- 1621. Where I needed to go...
- 1622. A house where such a
grisly crime took place
- 1623. would surely not be easy to sell.
- 1624. I'm sorry, Mr. Park.
- 1625. I struggled to hold out like that
in an empty house.
- 1626. Still, thanks to the house being empty,
- 1627. what was her name? Moon-gwang?
- 1628. I was able to give her a proper send off.
- 1629. I hear tree-side burials are trendy,
so hell, I did my best.
- 1630. But those real estate
sharks sure are clever.
- 1631. They hoodwinked some people
who had just arrived in Korea
- 1632. and managed to sell the house.
- 1633. With the parents working,
and the kids attending school,
- 1634. the family is usually out.
- 1635. But the goddamned housekeeper
stays there 24 hours a day.
- 1636. Each time I go upstairs,
I take my life in my hands.
- 1637. It turns out Germans eat
more than just sausage and beer.
- 1638. What a relief.
- 1639. Passing the time down here,
everything starts to go hazy.
- 1640. Today at least
I was able to write you a letter.
- 1641. If I send out the letter
this way every night,
- 1642. maybe someday you'll see it.
- 1643. So long.
- 1644. You're home, Ki-woo?
- 1645. Yeah.
- 1646. Dad, today I made a plan.
- 1647. A fundamental plan.
- 1648. I'm going to earn money.
- 1649. A lot of it.
- 1650. University, a career, marriage,
those are all fine,
- 1651. but first I'll earn money.
- 1652. You'll see once you go in,
but it's very spacious.
- 1653. Actually, we don't show this house
to just anyone.
- 1654. When I have money, I'll buy that house.
- 1655. On the day we move in,
Mom and I will be in the yard.
- 1656. Because the sunshine is so nice there.
- 1657. All you'll need to do
- 1658. is walk up the stairs.
- 1659. Take care until then.
- 1660. So long.