- 1. lt's the greatest show time!
- 2. There's no doubt.
- 3. - He's here.
- 4. Be careful. He's a traitor.
- 5. There's someone who keeps
looking at you. See?
- 6. lt's okay, he's a friend.
- 7. Please turn your attention
to this gentleman!
- 8. Now, one, two, three!
- 9. There he is! Get him!
- 10. Grab my hand!
- 11. l let him get away again!
- 12. Aren't you the one who got away?
- 13. One more time!
- 14. Take that!
- 15. But what about the rest of it?
- 16. You were in my dream.
- 17. Everyone is startled at first.
- 18. The DC Mini.
- 19. lt's the scientific key that allows us
to open the door to our dreams.
- 20. lt can even do all this?
- 21. lt really is a dream machine.
- 22. To tell you the truth,
the DC Mini is still incomplete.
- 23. Once complete, we'll be able to enter
your dream even while awake.
- 24. You said he was a friend.
- 25. We used to work together.
- 26. Why did he put you in a cage?
- 27. l don't know.
- 28. He's not the kind of person
who would trick me.
- 29. Why are they all me?
- 30. That was really disturbing.
- 31. This is Tarzan, right?
- 32. This is a scene from
a spy movie, perhaps?
- 33. The fighting was rather fun.
- 34. REM sleep that occurs
later during the sleep cycle...
- 35. is longer and easier to analyse.
- 36. lf earlier cycles are, say,
artsy film shorts...
- 37. later cycles are like feature-length
- 38. Then that makes you
a dream movie star.
- 39. Do you not like movies?
- 40. lt's not that.
- 41. What is this?
- 42. The victim in the homicide case
l'm working on right now.
- 43. l haven't been able to catch the perp,
so maybe that's why l...
- 44. - Your anxiety neurosis.
- Do you think this is the source?
- 45. No need to rush.
- 46. The treatment'sjust getting started.
- 47. Take care, Captain Konakawa.
- 48. When can l see you again?
- 49. l'm in a bind.
- 50. - l can see that.
- No, it's not that.
- 51. l was on my way to see you.
- 52. lt's not that! The DC Mini!
- 53. lt was stolen? The DC Mini?
- 54. We found out this morning.
- 55. Three samples in Dr. Tokita's
possession were stolen.
- 56. But why?
- 57. We'll worry about the reason later.
We need to find them now.
- 58. Do you think it's internal?
- 59. Unfortunately.
- 60. We'll talk about that later.
- 61. Foundation for
- 62. Meet me in my office.
We'll figure out a plan...
- 63. before the chairman finds out.
- 64. Yes, we have to protect
the DC Mini.
- 65. lt's too bad it was stolen, but all
we have to do is make another one.
- 66. You should know better than anyone
what can happen if it's misused.
- 67. You invented it.
- 68. l make it, but how it's used
is yourjob, At-chan.
- 69. Don't call me At-chan.
- 70. There is one more problem.
- 71. Good grief.
- 72. l hadn't programmed the access
controls into the DC Mini yet.
- 73. Translate that for me.
- 74. lt means that the person
who stole the DC Mini...
- 75. can connect to a psychotherapy
machine at any time, from any place...
- 76. and use it to intrude into the minds
connected to that machine.
- 77. Chief's Office
- 78. l see. We have to hurry.
- 79. lt is man's responsibility
to control science and technology.
- 80. Chairman.
- 81. Sharing in another's dream.
- 82. lt is quite literally
a technological dream...
- 83. but, in time,
it can lead to violence.
- 84. lt was an invention that never
should have been created.
- 85. This discussion again?
- 86. The DC Mini represents the hope...
- 87. that shines on the new horizons
of psychiatric treatment.
- 88. lt is taking control over dreams.
- 89. Your overconfidence
will bring weakness.
- 90. lt is not about control.
- 91. We are simply pursuing
a deeper connection with our patients.
- 92. The terrorist who stole it
won't see it that way.
- 93. But it hasn't even been misused yet.
- 94. Thieves are not always wrong.
- 95. Paprika.
- 96. l hear there's a woman...
- 97. who's been using the psychotherapy
machine for unapproved treatments.
- 98. Are you going to believe
such groundless rumours, chairman?
- 99. Discipline calls for a search ofthe
DC Mini rather than Paprika's bikini.
- 100. This is true happiness.
- 101. Discipline?
- 102. Even the five court ladies danced
in sync to the frog's flutes and drums.
- 103. The whirlwind ofthe recycled paper
was a sight to see.
- 104. lt was like computer graphics!
- 105. The fact that l don't support Technicolor
parfaits and snobby petit bourgeois...
- 106. is common knowledge in Oceania!
- 107. Now is the time to return home
to the blue sky!
- 108. The confetti will dance around
the shrine gates.
- 109. The mailbox and the refrigerator
will lead the way!
- 110. Anyone who cares
about expiration dates...
- 111. will not get in the way
ofthe glory train!
- 112. They need to fully realise
the liver ofthe triangle rulers!
- 113. Now, this festival was decided
by the third-grade class...
- 114. with the telephoto camera!
- 115. Move forward! Come together!
l am the ultimate...
- 116. governor!
- 117. Chief!
- 118. Now! Right now!
- 119. Take me in!
- 120. He has the dream of a patient
planted into his brain.
- 121. How's the chiefdoing?
- 122. His breathing and pulse are stable.
- 123. l guess it could've been worse.
- 124. Dr. Chiba, here are
the chief's medical records.
- 125. Thank you.
- 126. He was probably using the
therapy machine to treat a patient—
- 127. When someone used
a DC Mini to intrude.
- 128. And the dream was projected
into his subconscious...
- 129. without him knowing.
- 130. But for that to happen...
- 131. The culprit has to be watching
this nightmare too.
- 132. What a desperate terrorist.
- 133. All terrorists are desperate.
- 134. The sun during midday
will light up the dark night.
- 135. Night dreams of day.
Light dreams of darkness.
- 136. But the ignorant sun...
- 137. will chase away the darkness
and burn the shadows...
- 138. eventually burning itself!
- 139. Himuro!
- 140. The shade ofthe tree
with the flowers that bloom at night...
- 141. is where the residents
of darkness rest.
- 142. Why is Himuro in there?
- 143. The people of daytime
are not allowed!
- 144. Where is Himuro?
- 145. He's been out for the past few days,
but l didn't think too much of it.
- 146. Himuro tends to abandon
- 147. when he really gets
- 148. Like doctor, like assistant.
- 149. How could we have not
seen this coming?
- 150. l thought he was my friend.
- 151. A genius produces a lot more
than he realizes.
- 152. More clearly, please.
- 153. Himuro wasjealous of Dr. Tokita.
- 154. Even l feel bitter towards you
sometimes, Dr. Chiba.
- 155. No matter how hard l try,
l'm not as good as you.
- 156. l feel powerless.
- 157. lt's open.
- 158. - You mean you opened it.
- This is illegal, you know.
- 159. l'm not as bad as Himuro, though.
- 160. - Welcome home.
- Welcome back.
- 161. He can't be serious.
- 162. - This is dangerous.
- This isn't your cue.
- 163. Anaphylaxis?
- 164. Like an allergy?
- 165. l can't think of any other reason.
- 166. l got stung by ajellyfish
when l was a kid...
- 167. and even now, l have
allergic reactions at the sight of one.
- 168. lt didn't occur to me until now.
- 169. Here you go.
Who had the udon set?
- 170. But the DC Mini uses
a transmission formula...
- 171. within the natural width
ofthe body's energy level.
- 172. Who had thejumbo steak set?
- 173. Depending on the frequency of use,
the body might adapt to it.
- 174. And as a result, Dr. Chiba,
who has had the most exposure...
- 175. was more susceptible
- 176. even when she wasn't connected
to the DC Mini, nor was she asleep.
- 177. Who had the paella?
- 178. l think you have a problem too.
- 179. l can't fight on an empty stomach.
- 180. Fight?
- 181. lmplanting dreams into
other people's heads is terrorism.
- 182. At-chan, you said
that Himuro and l were alike.
- 183. l think so too. All the more reason
this is unforgivable.
- 184. Hello?
- 185. We'll be there immediately.
- 186. Chief! Please, come back!
- 187. Wake up! Chief!
- 188. The delicious left brain
is getting older...
- 189. and drifting to a faraway island.
- 190. Himuro, give him back!
- 191. l, who stand before you,
am the protector ofyour dreams.
- 192. l wonder what kind of punishment
will befall the ignorant commoner...
- 193. who tries to enter
this sacred dream?
- 194. You're the feisty country girl
l saved some time ago.
- 195. How are you?
- 196. lf he was not home
when l passed by around 7:30...
- 197. then he probably disappeared
into the instant noodle soup.
- 198. Thank you for saving me.
- 199. l have come to show you
- 200. ls it a square?
- 201. No.
- 202. lt's round, like this.
- 203. l can feel it.
- 204. - Paprika.
- Do you remember me now?
- 205. l'm going to be a little rough.
- 206. Paprika, what are you doing?
- 207. Now, now, stop that.
- 208. Welcome back, Chief.
- 209. l wonder where
that parade was going?
- 210. A place of no return, most likely.
- 211. l felt like l was really close...
- 212. to controlling the entire world.
- 213. That was a dream
of a severely delusional patient.
- 214. While you were in there, your
brain waves and body deteriorated...
- 215. almost to the point of death.
- 216. That's why Paprika came.
- 217. You haven't changed...
- 218. since the time you treated
my depression two years ago.
- 219. l'll let Paprika know.
- 220. But to think that that honest Himuro
- 221. What should l do now, Dr. Chiba?
- 222. - Please don't do anything.
- 223. The chairman will probably halt
the development ofthe DC Mini...
- 224. as a result ofthis incident.
- 225. But with you, a board member,
in the hospital...
- 226. They can't have a meeting.
- 227. Hello? Oh, Konakawa.
- 228. How was the...? You know.
- 229. l would have asked sooner if l had
known that it would be this good.
- 230. Remember, you can't tell anyone.
- 231. l want to keep it a secret
all to myself.
- 232. Paprika's existence
cannot become public...
- 233. until the psychotherapy machines
gain public approval.
- 234. She really is
a woman ofyour dreams.
- 235. Women ofdreams
are busy these days.
- 236. You look tired.
Want me to look in on your dreams?
- 237. l haven't been seeing
any of my own lately.
- 238. Welcome. We were waiting for you.
- 239. Good evening.
- 240. What is this place?
- 241. A counselling room. A meeting place.
A date spot.
- 242. Don't you think dreams
and the lnternet are similar?
- 243. They are both areas where
the repressed conscious mind vents.
- 244. Here you go.
- 245. Have you found anything?
- 246. ln regards to my dreams?
- 247. You're so impatient.
- 248. Do you work
at the research foundation?
- 249. lt was Shima
who introduced me, after all.
- 250. Where do you know
Mr. Shima from?
- 251. He's a friend from college.
- 252. We got along pretty well,
so we always hung out.
- 253. Drinking and watching movies?
- 254. No, movies don't interest me.
- 255. l love them!
- 256. Paprika?
- 257. Put it on my tab.
- 258. Hey, Paprika!
- 259. Which one do you want to see?
- 260. l'm sorry,
but movies really aren't my thing.
- 261. Come on, hurry!
- 262. l don't like movies!
- 263. Hey, Tsumura, stop—
- 264. Breaking news!
- 265. The widow who tells fortunes
in the shade of rooftiles!
- 266. The response is sunny!
- 267. The sign is good fortune!
- 268. The ceiling fan brings a message
- 269. The maiden who sleeps under
the veranda has a pulse!
- 270. This is the way out!
- 271. The secret ofthis view is deep
within the 10-year loan payment!
- 272. They are new victims.
- 273. l am stopping development.
- 274. But the board meeting—
- 275. The culprit won't wait
for a board meeting to happen.
- 276. l am forbidding all use ofthe DC Mini
and the psychotherapy machines.
- 277. This is retribution.
- 278. Science is nothing...
- 279. but a piece oftrash
before a profound dream.
- 280. Are you okay?
- 281. l heard the parts are non-recyclable.
- 282. But that's an important piece
- 283. l'll just have to make it again.
- 284. He's a genius.
- 285. He's a mysterious one, all right.
- 286. You're giving him too much credit.
- 287. He's just a kid inside.
- 288. lt was a small theme park,
but l liked it as a kid.
- 289. l used to talk about it with Himuro.
- 290. Do you really think Himuro is here?
- 291. lf l knew, l wouldn't be searching.
- 292. You're so cold, At-chan.
- 293. You should act more like Paprika.
- 294. l know, l know.
- 295. l have a feeling he's near.
- 296. Keep quiet, both ofyou.
- 297. Watch out!
- 298. Himuro?
- 299. - That's—
- A DC Mini.
- 300. The high pressure holds the grab bag
and looks a lot like milk.
- 301. The dense forest turns into
a shopping district.
- 302. The 24-bit eggplant will be analyzed.
- 303. So you're saying both ofthem were
attacked by way ofthe DC Mini...
- 304. which broke their psyches.
- 305. And the culprit, Kei Himuro, was
also disturbed by the nightmare...
- 306. and tried to commit suicide.
ls that right?
- 307. lt's not because ofthe DC Mini!
- 308. lt'sjust a little incomplete.
Himuro knew that.
- 309. l'm not refuting your invention.
- 310. She's the head of
the DC Mini development team.
- 311. l'm Chiba.
- 312. This is Mr. Konakawa
from the police department.
- 313. Yes?
- 314. lsn't it wonderful?
- 315. The ability to see a friend's dream
as if it were your own.
- 316. To share the same dream.
- 317. Yes, it probably would be
a wonderful experience.
- 318. You understand, right?
- 319. lt came to me during
a brain scan l was doing...
- 320. using a computer image processor.
- 321. And you can use it to treat illness.
- 322. That's exactly right!
- 323. The nonlinear waves created by
surges in the bioelectrical current...
- 324. can be applied to create
new synapse connections...
- 325. by adjusting the BTU output.
- 326. To use a person's body for energy
is a remarkable idea.
- 327. Exactly! And the reason
why l focused...
- 328. You are talking
with Dr. Tokita, right?
- 329. That's her, isn't it?
- 330. Paprika.
- 331. So, what do you think
about this case?
- 332. Well, l think it's an accident.
- 333. lt's hard to build a case
against a dream.
- 334. "lsn't it wonderful," eh?
- 335. The bulky one.
- 336. To think such a silly thought
would lead to such an invention.
- 337. He's a kid trapped inside
the body of a genius.
- 338. lt's an adult's responsibility to steer
that genius in the right direction.
- 339. Chairman.
- 340. There is always conceit
and negligence behind misconduct.
- 341. You have it hard too, l guess.
- 342. Good grief.
- 343. Where did l go wrong
to end up here?
- 344. l want to go back
to our college days...
- 345. back to when we used to
talk about ourfutures.
- 346. l want to go back
to our college days...
- 347. back to when we used to
talk about ourfutures.
- 348. But what about the rest of it?
- 349. lt's too dangerous!
- 350. Himuro went in
and he's not coming back.
- 351. lfthe same happens to you...
- 352. There are still two DC Minis
- 353. Our only lead is inside Himuro.
- 354. The chairman has already prohibited
the use ofthe therapy machines.
- 355. Desperate times call
for desperate measures.
- 356. Don't worry.
The genius boy is here for backup.
- 357. Dr. Tokita again?
- 358. l know that you two
established this field...
- 359. so that's all the more reason for you
to place your trust in him...
- 360. but his immaturity is the cause
of all these mishaps!
- 361. That's why we'll make him
- 362. Besides, is there anyone else?
- 363. This isn't the time for that.
- 364. There are people in the world
- 365. That cop.
He has a mind for science.
- 366. He doesn't seem
very smart, though.
- 367. Now all l have to do is set the filtering
programme for external access and—
- 368. What was that for?
- 369. Do you really think it was Himuro?
- 370. He's your assistant, and he knew
the risks involved with the DC Mini.
- 371. He knew what would happen
if he exposed himselffor that long.
- 372. What did he have to gain from it all?
- 373. He wasjealous of me.
Even Osanai says so.
- 374. He might be a victim too.
- 375. That's like a line
from a mystery novel.
- 376. lf so, then it's still dangerous.
We need to confirm—
- 377. No more talk.
- 378. What l need to do is finish this.
- 379. You guys really are alike.
- 380. At-chan?
- 381. You and Himuro.
- 382. You get preoccupied
with what you want to do...
- 383. and ignore what you have to do.
- 384. Don't you understand
that your irresponsibility cost lives?
- 385. Of course not.
Nothing can get through all that fat.
- 386. And now what? "lsn't it wonderful"?
"A mind for science"?
- 387. Don't make me laugh.
- 388. How can a mad scientist
know what a human mind is?
- 389. lfyou want to be the king ofgeeks
with your bloated ego...
- 390. then just keep up all this and
indulge in yourfreakish masturbation!
- 391. And where is Mr. Konakawa now?
- 392. At a hotel. Lt's all here.
- 393. l'm counting on you.
- 394. There's no doubt. He's here.
- 395. You've crossed the line of action.
- 396. Be careful. He's a traitor.
- 397. You need to narrow the exposure.
This is Panfocus.
- 398. Now, one, two, three!
- 399. There he is! Get him!
- 400. Welcome.
- 401. What floor?
- 402. The guy, l'm after him.
- 403. Of course. The 14th floor.
- 404. Fourteenth floor,
the adventure section.
- 405. Fifteenth floor,
the suspense section.
- 406. Sixteenth floor,
the romance section.
- 407. One more time!
- 408. Seventeenth floor,
the special section.
- 409. No!
- 410. l don't need to go there.
- 411. Encore!
- 412. l killed myself?
- 413. That's like a line
from a mystery novel.
- 414. lt was a rush job,
but l put an access function on it.
- 415. Morals, responsibilities...
- 416. l don't really get that adults' stuff.
- 417. But let's talk it over again.
- 418. We're friends, right?
- 419. Oh, jeez.
- 420. Was making them not enough?
You had to become a doll yourself?
- 421. Why did you steal it?
- 422. Do you hate me that much?
- 423. Or was it not you who did it?
- 424. Even with an access function...
- 425. it's not one person's
- 426. That's right!
The DC Mini was both our dreams!
- 427. The crossing oftwo dreams
creates many more dreams.
- 428. That's right! The entire development
team dreamt of its completion.
- 429. This is a foolish place to be...
- 430. to enquire about
the master ofthis dream.
- 431. The conceit ofthe daytime residents
is what the nighttime residents want.
- 432. To come in carelessly
is like a moth to a flame.
- 433. You're not Himuro, are you?
- 434. What's the line of action
that clown was talking about?
- 435. lt's an imaginary line...
- 436. that connects the subjects
- 437. lfthe camera crosses that line...
- 438. the cut is awkward.
- 439. That's why it has to be like this.
- 440. l see. How about Panfocus?
- 441. lt's a camera technique...
- 442. where you narrow the angle
to get the entire screen in focus.
- 443. So you did like them.
- 444. Movies.
- 445. Are your dreams
in Panfocus now too?
- 446. Have you solved the mystery
ofwhy you killed yourself?
- 447. l've never thought of suicide.
- 448. Maybe it's someone a lot like you.
- 449. Like me?
- 450. Or another you.
- 451. Another me?
- 452. Paprika, is the inside of my head
this messed up?
- 453. The dreams are merging.
- 454. Tokita.
- 455. He got started without me!
- 456. - Wait! Tokita!
- 457. Why are you here?
- 458. The ecstasy that blooms in synapse
is Paprika-brand milk fat!
- 459. Five percent is the norm.
- 460. Tokita! No!
- 461. The safety net ofthe ocean...
- 462. is nonlinear,
even with what crabs dream of!
- 463. Let's go!
- 464. Wake up!
- 465. So you're saying...
- 466. the dreams ofTokita and Himuro
merged into Konakawa's dream?
- 467. The anaphylaxis ofthe DC Mini
is expanding exponentially!
- 468. Just meet me at the lab.
- 469. They're not dreaming?
- 470. But they're in REM sleep.
- 471. lt's as iftheir conscious itself
has been taken away.
- 472. l guess this calls for Paprika.
- 473. l'll dive into Himuro's dream.
That's the only way to save Tokita.
- 474. Chief, can you hear me?
- 475. Yeah, l hear you loud and clear.
- 476. Any abnormalities?
- 477. This dream is very dangerous.
- 478. lf anything happens to Atsuko,
use the awakening apparatus.
- 479. Of course. But is it really safe?
- 480. Tokita is gone because
he went into Himuro's dream.
- 481. Who do you think l am?
- 482. - l'm sorry to have doubted you.
- There they are!
- 483. Himuro isn't there.
- 484. But it's his dream.
- 485. Osanai?
- 486. - Be careful.
- Leave it to me.
- 487. Himuro.
- 488. Wake her up!
- 489. Chief! Hurry!
- 490. That's not
Himuro's dream anymore.
- 491. So he was a victim too.
- 492. He's an empty shell.
- 493. He was invaded
by a collective dream.
- 494. A collective dream?
- 495. With no access restrictions...
- 496. the DC Mini can be used to invade
any psychotherapy machine.
- 497. Every dream it came in contact with
was eaten up...
- 498. into one huge delusion.
- 499. And that delusion belongs to...
- 500. This breath seethes
in the joy of life.
- 501. l will not allow
arrogant scientific technology...
- 502. to intrude in this holy ground.
- 503. Return Dr. Tokita to us.
- 504. The dreams are horrified...
- 505. that their safe refuge is
destroyed by technology.
- 506. Are you going to punish him
like you did Himuro?
- 507. ln a world of inhumane reality...
- 508. it is the only
humane sanctuary left.
- 509. That is a dream.
- 510. That parade is full of refugees...
- 511. who were unwillingly
chased out of reality.
- 512. You are collecting those
with stolen technology.
- 513. Do you plan to take over
the world of dreams?
- 514. l am protecting them.
- 515. l am the guardian ofdreams.
- 516. My duty is to mete outjustice
to terrorists like you, Paprika.
- 517. Don't make me get rough with you.
- 518. This is a dream too, huh?
- 519. Paprika, wake up! Paprika!
- 520. awakening a subject
- 521. Wake up, Chiba!
- 522. Chiba! Paprika!
- 523. The sphinx look doesn't suit you.
- 524. An intelligent researcher by day...
- 525. the chairman's humble servant
by night, is that it?
- 526. Shut up! l have many faces.
That makes me human!
- 527. Oedipus is the perfect look for a man
completely controlled by the chairman!
- 528. Shut up!
- 529. That's right, keep running.
- 530. There are no boundaries to dreams.
- 531. The spirit will be freed
from the constraints ofthe body...
- 532. and gain limitless freedom.
- 533. lncluding me!
- 534. l will also be free!
- 535. The dream continues from here.
- 536. No! Paprika!
- 537. lt's a trap!
- 538. Chief! Wake her up! Hurry!
- 539. What a lovely sight.
- 540. Osanai! What is this? Let me go!
- 541. But l finally caught you.
- 542. Where is Tokita?
- 543. l have no interest
in such ugly things.
- 544. Of course, because you're not.
You were Himuro's idol after all.
- 545. Shut up! Just shut up!
- 546. You sold your body
for the DC Mini, didn't you?
- 547. Don't remind me!
- 548. - You coward!
- Stop it!
- 549. This is my sanctuary,
and you'll do as l say.
- 550. - l'm a special person.
- Yes, hand-chosen by the chairman.
- 551. Osanai, you used to be
smarter than that.
- 552. You don't know its true power!
- 553. The DC Mini was,
in a way, complete.
- 554. No, better than complete.
- 555. We can now go back and forth
between dreams and reality...
- 556. even without the DC Mini,
- 557. You were the one who set up Atsuko
at Himuro's place.
- 558. lt was just a friendly warning
to a terrorist threatening dreams.
- 559. You'rejust like an old baldy l know.
- 560. We are the chosen ones assigned
to protect the sanctuary...
- 561. threatened by technology
that has lost its philosophy.
- 562. You'rejust twisted.
- 563. You should understand.
- 564. Dreams are so sacred
they cannot be controlled—
- 565. What would you know? You're just
a little man controlled byjealousy.
- 566. You really think
you can beat Tokita?
- 567. l warned you,
don't make me get rough.
- 568. You should call it a night.
- 569. Don't worry, l'm drunk.
- 570. The fact that l know l'm drunk
is proofthat l'm sober.
- 571. This isn't a real bar...
- 572. and this isn't real alcohol,
and you're not a real bartender.
- 573. Right?
- 574. l'm sober...
- 575. even if odds and sods
go around in my head.
- 576. Paprika will come, right?
- 577. Do you not like the number 17?
- 578. The conspiratorial 17.
- 579. You're familiar with movies
as ifyou've made them before.
- 580. l did. Shot an independent
on an 8 mm.
- 581. lt was child's play.
- 582. When you were in high school?
- 583. When l was 17—
- 584. lt's a silly cop story.
- 585. Two men
who used to be best friends...
- 586. are now fugitive and cop
engaged in a chase.
- 587. Theyjust keep running...
- 588. and flashbacks oftheir past
- 589. Very experimental.
- 590. That guy...
- 591. How could l have forgotten
about him until now?
- 592. He was always one step
ahead of me.
- 593. He was smart and popular
with the girls.
- 594. l could never catch up with him.
- 595. l was frustrated at myself
for not being frustrated with him.
- 596. He really was a good guy.
- 597. We talked about
making movies together.
- 598. But l gave up.
l didn't have the confidence.
- 599. l left the unfinished movie
for him to deal with.
- 600. And that friend now?
- 601. He died.
- 602. He had just gotten accepted
to film school, but he was sick.
- 603. He didn't tell me.
- 604. l betrayed him.
- 605. l was his partner.
l was his counterpart.
- 606. He was the other—
- 607. The other me.
- 608. But what about the rest of it?
- 609. Wait!
- 610. Stop!
- 611. - Why do you dress like a girl?
- 612. The real you is
more befitting of me.
- 613. Paprika!
- 614. Stop, please...
- 615. you jealous, perverted prince!
- 616. You have a bad habit oftrying
to manipulate people with your words.
- 617. And you think you can
manipulate people with power?
- 618. ln here, yes.
- 619. l love you.
- 620. l love you as you are.
- 621. l will show no mercy
for those who defy me.
- 622. Chairman...
- 623. You cannot hide anything from me.
- 624. Chairman, not her. Not her!
- 625. Can you not control
even one sensual desire?
- 626. Please! Please spare her!
- 627. Why won't you obey me?
You are nothing without me!
- 628. But l love her.
- 629. Paprika!
- 630. Are you okay?
- 631. l knew you were Paprika.
- 632. What are you doing? You will obey!
- 633. Disgusting.
- 634. You fool.
Swayed by a mere woman.
- 635. l'm too anxious to dream!
- 636. Konakawa?
- 637. Shima? ls that you?
- 638. Konakawa.
- 639. - Why are you in Chiba's dream?
- Why are you a monkey?
- 640. - What's going on?
- l'll explain later. Just go!
- 641. Go where?
- 642. To your dream!
- 643. Don't get in the way of my dream!
- 644. This is my dream. You get out!
- 645. l am justice!
- 646. Freeze!
- 647. How's that for traumatic?
- 648. What about the rest of it?
- 649. lt's coming up right now!
- 650. This time, l'll end it!
- 651. That hurts.
- 652. lt's over.
- 653. Chief.
- 654. ls this really the real world?
- 655. l think so.
- 656. See? lt hurt a lot.
- 657. But why was Konakawa
in your dream?
- 658. That's right, Paprika was saved
by Mr. Konakawa.
- 659. The chairman and Osanai...
- 660. Tokita! What about Tokita?
- 661. Osanai! What's wrong?
- 662. Osanai!
- 663. No! No! Osanai! You can't go!
- 664. That body is mine!
l will not allow you to act on your own!
- 665. My noble spirit needs that body!
- 666. When the two become one,
l will be complete!
- 667. Something's wrong.
- 668. Notjust Tokita, but what
just happened with Osanai.
- 669. Don't worry.
We just need to get the mastermind.
- 670. A happy ending
is right around the corner.
- 671. But that mastermind
is lost in his own delusion.
- 672. No problem.
- 673. We have backup.
- 674. Mr. Konakawa.
- 675. The number you called for
assisting young children...
- 676. is not available because of
crowded tyres in the Pacific Ocean...
- 677. starting at 7:63 a.m.
- 678. The battle has ended.
- 679. Now it's showtime!
- 680. Today's weather is dreamy...
- 681. and will clear up after a sunny,
sunny, sunny, sunny, sunny day.
- 682. The dream l had yesterday
- 683. The happy and mundane world
will vent their anger.
- 684. The dreams will grow and grow.
Let's grow the tree that blooms money.
- 685. lt's most valuable
while it's still a bud.
- 686. That's right, so we shall preserve
the memory forever.
- 687. lfthere is no flower,
there will be no fruit.
- 688. lfthere's nothing,
then l won't do anything.
- 689. lfyou're unhappy,
please put a vote in this eyeball.
- 690. Who would give up this throne?
- 691. l am the emperor,
chosen by the lord himself!
- 692. - l didn't choose you!
- l didn't choose you!
- 693. God and Buddha
will change religions.
- 694. The happy and mundane world
will vent their anger.
- 695. Am l still dreaming?
- 696. Yes, the whole world is.
- 697. You forgot this.
- 698. Thank you.
- 699. - Now, let's go.
- 700. To clean up this mess.
- 701. Dreams and reality are merging?
- 702. ls this because ofthe DC Mini too?
- 703. Chief! Hold on!
- 704. Paprika?
- 705. No time for questions. Hurry up!
- 706. Why are you here?
- 707. Desperate times call
for desperate measures.
- 708. ls this reality?
- 709. Hurry! We have to get
- 710. lt's as ifwe're in a dream.
- 711. Hurry!
- 712. Don't get ahead
- 713. Don't think you're always right.
- 714. Tokita.
- 715. - Let's go, Atsuko.
- l have to help Tokita.
- 716. Leave that irresponsible fatso.
- 717. Why don't you listen?
You're a part of me!
- 718. Have you ever thought
that maybe you are a part of me?
- 719. Do as l say!
- 720. To think that you can control
yourself and others.
- 721. You'rejust like an old baldy l know.
- 722. Let's go. We need to stop
that old baldy and his excursions.
- 723. - Now!
- 724. l can'tjust leave Tokita because l...
- 725. Because what?
- 726. Chiba!
- 727. She's become true to herself,
- 728. An overweight spirit needs no diet!
- 729. Go forward, superhero,
to anywhere you please!
- 730. Tokita, wake up! lt's me!
- 731. The one l've been waiting for
since historic times!
- 732. Yourflute's melody
is a sound for sore neurons!
- 733. Yes, try to remember.
- 734. Atsuko, the one you like!
lt's me, At-chan!
- 735. A fragrant fat is a first-class lunch!
- 736. lt needs a little more spice.
- 737. Maybe a little paprika?
- 738. What is this?
- 739. A big hole.
- 740. l can see that!
- 741. - lt's connected.
- To the otherworld.
- 742. The other— You mean...?
- 743. What should we do?
- 744. - Run?
- You think so too?
- 745. Well-rounded achievement
is missing a spice.
- 746. Paprika found!
- 747. Hey!
- 748. Paprika! Shima!
Are you two okay?
- 749. - Mr. Konakawa!
- 750. Chiba?
- 751. l'm in a bind.
- 752. l can see that.
- 753. lt's not that!
- 754. Sorry.
- 755. You're such a slob.
- 756. l know.
- 757. You're fat, slow and sloppy.
- 758. lt's not the outside that counts,
but there's a limit to that too.
- 759. Yeah.
- 760. To think, a food disposal like you
is the genius ofthe century.
- 761. l swallow everything.
- 762. l know. You're so much fun.
- 763. Atsuko is dreaming.
- 764. - What is that?
- Our chairman!
- 765. l feel great!
- 766. l am reborn!
- 767. Look! l am standing!
With my own legs!
- 768. l am perfect!
- 769. l can control the dreams,
and even death!
- 770. Now, to make
the cosmos complete...
- 771. l shall heal all deficiencies!
- 772. Way to go, Lord of Darkness!
- 773. Light and dark. Reality and dreams.
Life and death. Man and...?
- 774. - Woman?
- 775. Then you add the missing spice.
- 776. - Paprika?
- 777. Bingo.
- 778. Paprika!
- 779. The new cosmos begins with me!
- 780. Who is eating up my dream?
- 781. ls that Paprika?
- 782. Well, it's a girl.
- 783. Why won't you obey?
- 784. Have we awoken from the dream?
- 785. l just had the best dream.
- 786. l had a good dream too.
The first in a long time.
- 787. - l guess l've been dumped.
- You mean you were serious?
- 788. But Paprika is a woman
in your dreams.
- 789. That's true. L'll see her
in my dreams again some day.
- 790. How are your dreams going?
- 791. l almost forgot about it.
- 792. Did you find out
what was causing it?
- 793. The cause...
- 794. You didn't do anything wrong.
- 795. You just lived out our movie
in real life.
- 796. That's why you became a cop.
- 797. lt's truth that came from fiction.
Always remember that.
- 798. Yeah, all the truths and the fiction.
- 799. Welcome.
- 800. l have a message for you
from Miss Paprika.
- 801. l heard you caught the perpetrator in
that homicide case. Congratulations.
- 802. l also have an announcement:
- 803. Atsuko's last name
will change to Tokita.
- 804. P.S.
- 805. The movie Dreaming Kids
was very good. L recommend it.
- 806. Dreaming Kids