- 1. What?
- 2. I said I want to tell you my story.
- 3. What the hell?
- 4. What's with the way
you fucking talk?
- 5. Who the fuck are you?
- 6. My name is...
- 7. Oh Dae-su.
- 8. Why did you hit on
someone else's girlfriend?
- 9. Hold on.
Did I hit on her?
- 10. - Mr. Oh Dae-su!
- Did I hit on her?
- 11. Fuck!
- 12. Okay! I got it.
- 13. Just a minute.
- 14. Fuck.
- 15. Mr. Oh Dae-su
please sit down.
- 16. He is totally drunk.
- 17. I hit on her?
Hey, let me piss first.
- 18. I didn't hit on anyone!
- 19. - You son of a bitch!
- This guy is a real headache.
- 20. - Asshole!
- Mr. Oh Dae-su!
- 21. Sit down.
- 22. I'm very sorry.
- 23. - I gotta piss bad.
- 24. - Cute, huh?
- Yeah, yeah. Sit down.
- 25. Today is my daughter's birthday.
- 26. I got her a birthday present.
- 27. Snatches of clouds
float in the sky.
- 28. Ah, great.
- 29. A pleasure boat
floats on the river.
- 30. My name Oh Dae-su, means...
- 31. "Just get by the day quietly."
That's why I'm Oh Dae-su.
- 32. But, shit...
- 33. Why can't I get by this day quietly...
Let me go! Huh!
- 34. - Shut the hell up!
- Let me go!
- 35. Let go of me!
- 36. That guy really needs
some prison time.
- 37. - Get away from me!
- Hey, get him!
- 38. I'll make sure he doesn't get drunk
and cause trouble again.
- 39. Have a nice day Officer.
- 40. He's usually a nice guy, but...
- 41. I'll come visit you soon.
- 42. No need.
Don't come back.
- 43. That's up to me you assholes.
- 44. Hey!
- 45. My sweet pea, it's daddy.
Daddy got you a present.
- 46. I'll be home soon with your gift
so wait a bit longer.
- 47. Let me talk to her.
- 48. - Good girl, good.
- Give me the phone.
- 49. Sweet pea, Joo-hwan
wants to talk to you.
- 50. You know Joo-hwan, right?
- 51. Hi, sweetie.
It's me, Joo-hwan.
- 52. So today's your birthday?
- 53. I'll treat you
to something nice tomorrow.
- 54. Hello?
Oh, Ja-hyun, I'm sorry.
- 55. I know it's very late.
Dae-su is on his way now.
- 56. I'm sorry.
Yes? Hold on.
- 57. Dae-su, it's your wife.
- 58. Dae-su!
- 59. Oh Dae-su!
- 60. Dae-su!
- 61. I really had enough!
Stop fooling around and let's go already.
- 62. Dae-su!
- 63. Sir, sir.
- 64. Wait, come here.
Come talk to me.
- 65. I won't ask you to let me go.
- 66. Just tell me why I'm here, okay?
I should know the reason at least.
- 67. Shit, I've been locked up here
for two months already.
- 68. Sir, wait, come here.
What is this place?
- 69. Sir, just tell me how long
I have to stay in here.
- 70. Just tell me that, huh?
- 71. Fuck you!
- 72. Come here, you asshole!
- 73. Son of a bitch.
- 74. I saw your face, asshole.
You're dead when I get out.
- 75. Come here, asshole.
- 76. I'm sorry. I won't curse.
- 77. Just tell me.
One month, two, or three?
- 78. Hey, where are you going?
- 79. Just tell me how long
you son of a bitch!
- 80. I said tell me how long
- 81. You son of a bitch!
- 82. If they had told me
it was going to be 15 years...
- 83. could it have been
easier to endure?
- 84. Or could it have not?
- 85. "Laugh, and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone."
- 86. When the melody plays
gas comes out.
- 87. When the gas comes
I fall asleep.
- 88. I found out later
that it's the same Valium gas...
- 89. Russian soldiers
used on the Chechen terrorists.
- 90. When I wake up
my hair has been cut.
- 91. I don't like the style really.
- 92. But they change my clothes
and clean the place up.
- 93. Kind bastards.
- 94. One, two...
- 95. three.
- 96. It's too spicy...
- 97. I don't want spinach...
You eat it...
- 98. I won't eat spinach...
- 99. Kim Ja-hyun's body was found
deeply stabbed in the neck.
- 100. The brutality of the murder
with no valuables missing...
- 101. led the police to suspect that
the motive was personal grudge.
- 102. Her husband who disappeared a year ago
is now on the wanted list.
- 103. According to neighbors
the missing husband, Oh Dae-su...
- 104. drank often, causing trouble
with his wife and the neighbors.
- 105. Blood found at the scene
matched Oh Dae-su's...
- 106. and fresh fingerprints were found
from a cup at the crime scene...
- 107. proving that Oh Dae-su recently
visited his wife, according to the police.
- 108. A missing family album, the only stolen item
also backs their theories.
- 109. After three years...
- 110. many wrinkles
have formed on his face.
- 111. - That is around $8,000.
- For a Sushi knife?
- 112. "Right always prevails"
- 113. If you stand aimlessly
at a phone booth on a rainy day...
- 114. and meet a man whose face
is hidden under a purple umbrella...
- 115. I'd suggest that you get close to the TV.
- "A listening device?"
- 116. The television is both
a clock and a calendar.
- 117. It's your school home, church...
- 118. friend...
- 119. and lover.
- 120. But...
- 121. Countless nights may pass...
- 122. but my heart is turned to you.
- 123. Though I may shed my sad tears...
- 124. it's still your face that I miss.
- 125. But...
- 126. my lover's song...
- 127. is too short.
- 128. This morning around 7:50
the Sungsoo Bridge...
- 129. in Seoul suddenly
collapsed in the middle...
- 130. I wrote about all the people
I fought, tormented, and hurt.
- 131. This was both my prison journal...
- 132. and autobiography
of my evil deeds.
- 133. I thought I had lived
an average life...
- 134. but I've sinned so much.
- 135. All I could think about
at that moment was...
- 136. the poor guy next door is eating
with only one chopstick.
- 137. But...
- 138. Who locked me up here?
- 139. Yoo Heung-sam?
- 140. Lee So-young or Kang Chang-suk?
- 141. Whoever it was, just wait.
- 142. Wait just a bit.
- 143. From the top of your head
down to the tips of your toes...
- 144. no one will be able to find
any trace of your body on this earth.
- 145. Because I'm going
to chew up every last piece of it.
- 146. One line for one year.
- 147. For this first time
I have to ink in six lines.
- 148. It will be easier from next year.
- 149. The more the tattoos
the shorter gets the chopstick.
- 150. The shorter gets the chopstick
the bigger gets the hole in the wall.
- 151. Anyway...
- 152. time passes well.
- 153. 9 years.
- 154. 10 years.
- 155. 11 years.
- 156. "The Ex-president Arrested"
- 157. "Hong Kong Handover Ceremony"
- 158. "Death of Princess Diana"
- 159. Westminster Abbey"
- 160. "IMF Financial Support
- 161. 12 years.
- 162. "Oath of Office"
- 163. "Gun Salute"
- 164. "President Kim Dae-jung
Arrives in Pyongyang"
- 165. "Korea Enters
World Cup Quarterfinals!"
- 166. 13 years.
- 167. Roh Moo-hyun"
- 168. 14 years.
- 169. I'll be out in a month.
- 170. I'll be out in only one month.
- 171. I'll be out.
- 172. I'll be out after a month.
I'll be out of here.
- 173. One month, in just one month
I'll be out.
- 174. I'll need money when I get out
what should I do?
- 175. Should I steal or rob?
- 176. What shall I eat first?
Kimchi stew, grilled eels?
- 177. Anything as long as
it's not fried dumplings.
- 178. Where is this place anyway?
- 179. I hear noisy traffic
so this must be a city.
- 180. But the important thing is
just what floor this is.
- 181. What if I break through the wall
and it's the 52nd floor?
- 182. Even if I fall to my death
I'm still getting out.
- 183. I'm getting out.
- 184. In one month, I'm getting out.
- 185. Right now
you're lying on a field.
- 186. When you hear the bell...
- 187. you will turn your head
and look down.
- 188. You will see
an endless field of green grass.
- 189. The sun is shining bright
and there's a gentle breeze.
- 190. It's a human being.
- 191. Don't stop me!
- 192. Mister...
- 193. even though
I'm no better than a beast...
- 194. don't I have the right to live, no?
- 195. Mister...
- 196. even though
I'm no better than a beast...
- 197. don't I have the right to live, no?
- 198. That phone booth alley
was right here.
- 199. Now there's
an apartment building.
- 200. Still, dumping me on the roof...
he's not the most flexible type.
- 201. I want to tell you my story.
- 202. Die a little later.
- 203. What?
- 204. I see.
- 205. Now, I'll tell you my story.
- 206. You see, the reason
why I want to die...
- 207. Mister!
- 208. It's a woman human being.
- 209. That crazy guy took my sunglasses...
- 210. Laugh, and the world laughs with you.
- 211. Weep, and you weep alone.
- 212. My home is gone.
- 213. I can't call my friends or relatives...
- 214. because I'm someone
who's murdered his wife.
- 215. Because I'm a fugitive.
- 216. I swear man.
- 217. Nah, he'll kick your ass.
- 218. Come on, trust me man.
- 219. You fucktard!
- 220. Fucktard...
- 221. Never heard that one before.
TV doesn't teach you curse words.
- 222. 10 years of imaginary training.
Is it any use in real life?
- 223. It is.
- 224. Striped beakfish.
- 225. Lives in the warm waters
of coastal reefs.
- 226. Despite its weak reflexes...
- 227. it's known to resist
tenaciously when caught.
- 228. In South Kyoung-sang Province
- 229. What's this smell?
- 230. Don't even think about
asking me any questions.
- 231. I don't know a thing.
- 232. Pardon?
- 233. I said I want to eat something alive.
- 234. Oh, right...
- 235. Long time no see.
- 236. This is my first time.
- 237. Maybe not?
- 238. But she looks familiar.
- 239. You look very familiar.
Where have we met?
- 240. "The Search for the Best Chefs"
Channel 11 Thursdays at 6:30
- 241. The youngest female
Japanese cuisine chef in Korea.
- 242. Oh that?
- 243. They said the ratings are low
but I guess not.
- 244. Women's hands are warm
so they can't make sushi.
- 245. You sure do know a lot.
- 246. Who are you?
- 247. Do you like your clothes?
- 248. Why...
- 249. - Why did you lock me up?
- Who do you think I am?
- 250. - Yoo Heung-sam?
- 251. - Did Lee So-young hire you?
- No, wrong again.
- 252. Lee Jong-yong?
- 253. Kang Chang-suk? Hwang Joo-yeon?
- 254. Kim Na-sung? Park Jin-woo?
- 255. Im Duk-yoon? Lee Jae-pyung?
Kuk Su-ran? Who is it?
- 256. Who the hell are you?
- 257. Me?
- 258. I'm sort of a scholar
and my major is you.
- 259. An Oh Dae-su-ologist.
An expert on Oh Dae-su.
- 260. Who I am isn't important.
The important thing is why.
- 261. Think it over.
Review your whole life.
- 262. School is over, so now
it's time for homework. Right?
- 263. Keep this in mind...
- 264. Be it a grain of sand or a rock
in water they sink the same.
- 265. Let me ask you one thing.
- 266. You hypnotized me in there
- 267. What was the hypnotic suggestion?
- 268. I miss you.
Hurry and come to me.
- 269. Here you are.
- 270. It's alive, right?
May I slice it now?
- 271. I must be different from other women.
My hands are very cold.
- 272. What's with her?
- 273. Sir.
- 274. Hold on.
Hey mister, wake up...
- 275. Keep this in mind...
- 276. Be it a grain of sand or a rock
in water they sink the same.
- 277. You're awake?
- 278. Is this true?
- 279. That fever medicine
- 280. You fainted so easy for
someone who exercised so much.
- 281. Lack of sunlight over a long time
leads to deficiencies in vitamins A and E.
- 282. Hence my lack of immunity
against the influenza.
- 283. Do you usually talk that way?
- 284. The bathroom door is broken
and doesn't lock.
- 285. Don't get any ideas.
I could slice you like sashimi.
- 286. What's this?
- 287. Suppositories.
- 288. How else could I feed medicine
to someone who's fainted?
- 289. 15 years of imaginary training.
Is it any use in real life?
- 290. It isn't.
- 291. I deserve to die for that.
- 292. I bring you here only to deny you.
I get why you're angry.
- 293. I admit it.
- 294. I brought you here
because I like you too, but...
- 295. You don't even know my name.
- 296. You know...
Later, when I feel I'm ready...
- 297. Then we do it.
- 298. That song, "The Face I Miss"
in your journal. That's the sign.
- 299. When I sing it
get yourself ready right away.
- 300. When it actually comes to
the critical moment, I may resist.
- 301. But show no mercy.
- 302. Just give it to me!
- 303. Give it to you?
- 304. The ants...
- 305. Do they still come out?
Do you still feel them?
- 306. When it comes to loneliness
it's always the ants.
- 307. The real lonely people I met...
- 308. they all hallucinated ants
even if just for a second.
- 309. Come to think about it...
- 310. You know how ants always
move in groups.
- 311. So I suppose the real lonely people
keep imagining ants.
- 312. Of course, I never did myself.
- 313. She called from overseas
five or six years ago.
- 314. Asked if her dad showed up.
- 315. She didn't even know that
he killed her mother.
- 316. She must have called us since
she only has few relatives.
- 317. She had lost a lot of her Korean.
- 318. Her foster parents are
both doctors or something.
- 319. Anyhow, Miss Reporter...
- 320. Dae-su is really not caught yet?
- 321. Your daughter's address is on the front.
- 322. On the back is a map to your wife's grave.
- 323. Eva...
- 324. Stockholm... Eva...
- 325. Do you want to call her?
- 326. Want me to call her?
- 327. Want to go to
the grave together?
- 328. No, after I kill that bastard first.
- 329. "Blue Dragon"
- 330. Is it the one?
- 331. I haven't even started chewing.
- 332. "Blue Dragon"
- 333. So?
- 334. Was that the same taste?
- 335. Be it 10 or 100 restaurants
it doesn't matter.
- 336. I can't ever forget the taste
I had for 15 years.
- 337. "Blue Dragon"
- 338. Shall I make you a log-in ID?
Your favorite movie or song?
- 339. I was talking to him...
- 340. "Where did you go? Talking to someone?
Princess Sashimi: I was talking to him."
- 341. "The Count of Monte Cristo?"
- 342. There's no one
by that name here.
- 343. "How's life in a bigger prison
Mr. Oh Dae-su?"
- 344. Who are you?
- 345. "Who are you..."
- 346. "A lonely prince locked up
in a high tower."
- 347. Who is he?
- 348. I don't know.
Just someone I chat with sometimes.
- 349. And talk about sushi.
- 350. Where are you going?
- 351. I can't trust you.
- 352. "Purple..."
- 353. Purple Blue Dragon
- 354. A dragon that's purple and blue.
What does that mean?
- 355. Why order from so far away?
- 356. We passed five Chinese places
just on the way here.
- 357. Feels like my lungs will explode.
- 358. Tell your chef to go easy on the scallions
in the fried dumplings.
- 359. Sure.
- 360. - Set it down and go.
- 361. We can't do it by ourselves if it's
someone protected by bodyguards.
- 362. There are people
who specialize in that.
- 363. You'll have to hire them too.
- 364. We do it by ourselves
only if they are small fries.
- 365. But if it's over six months
we'll bring them in for free.
- 366. Yes, that's right.
- 367. Why did you imprison me, you...
- 368. fucktard.
- 369. In our 7.5 floor business
we guard client info with our lives.
- 370. I'm going to pay you back
for all 15 years of my life.
- 371. With each one pulled out
you age by one year.
- 372. Stay still.
- 373. Ready to talk?
- 374. I don't know...
- 375. I didn't see his face...
- 376. I recorded the call...
- 377. "Oh Dae-su"
- 378. All AB blood types raise your hands.
- 379. Hurry, he lost a lot of blood.
- 380. Damn, look at him.
Is he dead?
- 381. You little piece of shit...
- 382. You piece of shit!
- 383. - Go, motherfucker!
- Get the fuck out!
- 384. Fuckface!
- 385. You fucked up son of a bitch!
- 386. Just kill him damn asshole.
- 387. Fucking asshole!
- 388. Yet another day
I couldn't get by quietly.
- 389. I've now become a monster.
- 390. When my vengeance is over
could I return to being the old Dae-su?
- 391. Mister, are you alright?
Look at all this blood.
- 392. Mister, what happened to you?
- 393. Saewoon Apartments
in Eung-am, building 8.
- 394. Please take care of him.
- 395. - Thank you.
- Not at all.
- 396. Well, then...
- 397. Farewell, Oh Dae-su.
- 398. Farewell, Oh Dae-su.
- 399. Farewell...
- 400. A bastard you hate
but wouldn't want to kill.
- 401. A bitch you detest
but want more than to kill.
- 402. We'll take care of them.
- 403. Don't they go mad
being locked up for so long?
- 404. If you prefer that he doesn't
we can administer some medication.
- 405. There's this one called
- 406. It's known to be a reliable
treatment for schizophrenia.
- 407. The duration is always the issue.
- 408. - How long are you thinking of...?
- 15 years.
- 409. - Too long?
- What did he do wrong...?
- 410. Oh Dae-su, you see...
- 411. talks too much.
- 412. Go to sleep.
- 413. It's about time you visited Joo-hwan's
Internet café tomorrow.
- 414. Sit wherever you'd like.
- 415. Joo-hwan.
- 416. Oh Dae-su, you see...
- 417. talks too much.
- 418. Have you heard
this voice before?
- 419. Do you know anyone who would
hate me this much?
- 420. I don't know all the 260 names
of your women's husbands.
- 421. "Mido
- 422. - Who's Mido?
- This girl who cries over nothing.
- 423. Joo-hwan.
- 424. Did I really talk that much?
- 425. Dae-su, the way I see it
you should look for the perpetrator...
- 426. among those who used to be
in your close proximity.
- 427. "Search for friends: Evergreen"
- 428. "Over 50 search results."
- 429. "Evergreen invites you to be online friends."
- 430. "Congratulations. As of yesterday
statute of limitations has expired for the murder suspect Oh Dae-su."
- 431. But please remember.
- 432. Like a gazelle from
the hand of the hunter
- 433. Like a bird from
the snare of the fowler
- 434. Free yourself.
- 435. - Close quote.
- Who are you?
- 436. Who are you, you rotten bastard?
- 437. I had decided
while I was locked up.
- 438. That I wouldn't
trust anyone if I get out.
- 439. That if I find anyone
to be suspicious...
- 440. I would create a secret which
only that person and I will know.
- 441. The messenger ID, 'Monster'
is a trap that I made to catch you.
- 442. You bring a complete stranger home.
Who are you?
- 443. Who is Evergreen?
- 444. I tracked down that ID, Evergreen
and found out the personal details.
- 445. - Ready to jot it down?
- Go ahead
- 446. The name is Su Dae-oh.
Ever heard that surname, 'Su'?
- 447. - Address?
- It's in Eung-am.
- 448. Saewoon Apartments
Building 7, unit 407.
- 449. I'm not doing fine
in this life in a bigger prison.
- 450. "Evergreen."
- 451. "Who are you?"
- 452. You were going to
say that, right?
- 453. No, you must find out on your own.
Come on, it's a game.
- 454. First, who?
- 455. Once you solve the questions
come see me anytime.
- 456. I'll mark the answers for you.
You have until July 5th.
- 457. Only five days left.
- 458. Too short?
- 459. Do your best. If you pass
I'll kill myself instead of Mido.
- 460. That's right, Mido.
- 461. I'm going to kill every woman
you love until you die.
- 462. You're notorious for not being
able to protect your women.
- 463. Wow, you're strong
- 464. You truly are the monster
of my creation.
- 465. But this way, you won't
ever find out the "why?"
- 466. The question that bugged you
for the last 15 years.
- 467. You don't care anymore?
- 468. Take that seat.
- 469. Ah, the dental torture.
- 470. You won't get enough time
to torture me.
- 471. I have a weak heart
so I have this motor inside.
- 472. When it was put in
do you know what I said to the doctor?
- 473. Doctor Hopkins...
- 474. give me a remote control
that can switch the motor off.
- 475. Pardon? Why?
- 476. So I can kill myself easily
any time I want.
- 477. I'll give you a 100 grand more.
- 478. Oh, what a conundrum.
- 479. You want to kill me right away...
- 480. but you won't find out
why you were locked up.
- 481. You want to torture me but
I say I'll kill myself first.
- 482. To get your revenge
or to find out the reason.
- 483. Oh, that is the big question.
- 484. I've been watching you
for 15 years.
- 485. I fared well thanks to you.
I wasn't bored or lonely.
- 486. Seeking revenge is the best cure
for the ones who were hurt.
- 487. Try it.
- 488. The loss of 15 years.
- 489. The pain of losing your wife and child.
All these would go away.
- 490. In other words
vengeance is healthy.
- 491. But what happens after
you've fulfilled your vengeance?
- 492. I bet that hidden pain
will probably come back again.
- 493. "Are you there
Mr. Oh Dae-su?"
- 494. "Mr. Oh Dae-su
long time no see."
- 495. Hasn't she been tied up for too long?
I think you also left the door open.
- 496. Please save me.
- 497. I need saving myself.
- 498. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer
had a very shiny nose.
- 499. This dentist is really good.
- 500. Don't move.
- 501. What's with you?
- 502. Now...
- 503. here we go.
- 504. You know, they say that
cowardice comes from imagination.
- 505. So try not to imagine.
- 506. It'll make you fucking brave.
- 507. Now, here comes the real thing.
- 508. Yes?
- 509. Well, sir, I do thank you for
telling me about this place...
- 510. but I haven't even started.
- 511. What?
- 512. Let's go.
- 513. Let's really go.
- 514. Let's fight.
- 515. Tenacious.
- 516. Your hand.
- 517. I'm going to cut off your hand.
You touched Mido's breasts.
- 518. Then what about my tongue?
- 519. You still don't trust me
you rotten bastard?
- 520. I don't think we'll
reach an agreement.
- 521. I looked into it...
- 522. and their reason for not paying
more than 270 million...
- 523. wasn't to do with
the evaluation of this building.
- 524. It's likely that their
convertible bonds holders are...
- 525. So I think there won't be a big issue.
- 526. Of course, there's the 25 percent stake
held by their chairman and his relatives...
- 527. Dae-su.
- 528. Yeah.
- 529. Did he really say
that he'll kill me?
- 530. Yeah.
- 531. Because I am a woman you love?
- 532. Dae-su.
- 533. What?
- 534. I wonder where my love is.
- 535. The night is getting lonelier.
- 536. The words we spoke with our eyes...
- 537. can be felt with these hands.
- 538. Countless nights may pass...
- 539. but my heart is turned to you.
- 540. Though I may shed my sad tears...
- 541. it's still your face that I miss.
- 542. They packed up and left in a rental car.
- 543. Mido called the restaurant and quit.
- 544. Let's go after this is done.
- 545. You should get some rest today.
- 546. I have insomnia anyway.
"The night is getting lonelier."
- 547. Mr. Han, do you really think...
- 548. Mido has fallen in love
with Oh Dae-su?
- 549. Already?
- 550. Dae-su, it really hurts.
- 551. But I'm enduring it.
- 552. I want you to know that.
- 553. How did you hold out?
For 15 years?
- 554. There's always a way.
- 555. Do you like it?
- 556. You really like it, right?
I want to be good to you.
- 557. Do not worry about the future.
- 558. Don't imagine anything.
- 559. I feel thankful for
all those years in that prison.
- 560. If I was still my old self
would Mido have liked me like this?
- 561. The fact that he knew I wanted to
cut off Park's hand means...
- 562. he's planted a bug on us.
- 563. He knew where we were by tailing us.
- 564. "I've been bugged.
Please find it."
- 565. Maybe, he let you go...
- 566. because he has fun watching you
run wild seeking revenge.
- 567. Never telling you why
toying with you forever.
- 568. Could that be it?
- 569. Evergreen Press
Online Printing System.
- 570. Evergreen Pasta and Pizza.
- 571. Evergreen Services, specializing in
security, parking, cleaning.
- 572. Evergreen Tree Garden.
- 573. Evergreen Old Boys...
- 574. Sangnok High School
- 575. Evergreen Secret Diary
Jung Sang-rok's personal site.
- 576. Norwegian Wood, Evergreen...
- 577. "Welcome to Evergreen Old Boys...
- 578. the Sangnok High School
- 579. But it's time to close up.
- 580. Can't I look at the
records of Class '79?
- 581. It's dark so turn on the lights.
- 582. Take your time.
- 583. Joo-hwan?
Let me ask you something.
- 584. Do you know
Lee Woo-jin of Class '79?
- 585. I think he went to
America to study.
- 586. Lee Woo-jin?
- 587. Don't know him. Is that his name?
How did you find out?
- 588. Looked through all the yearbooks
and found his face.
- 589. I wouldn't know him
just by his name.
- 590. "Scissorhands
- 591. Got anything else?
Like the school records?
- 592. Do you know Lee Soo-ah?
She was in our year.
- 593. - Lee Soo-ah? She died.
- What class was she in?
- 594. Homeroom two.
She was in my class...
- 595. next to yours.
What about her?
- 596. But why is there...
- 597. no photo, because she was dead.
How did Soo-ah die?
- 598. That's right, you wouldn't know.
She died after you transferred.
- 599. She went alone to the Habchun Dam
fell into the river, and drowned.
- 600. A week later they found
her bloated body in the water.
- 601. - What was she like?
- 602. She was a total slut.
- 603. Acting like a prude on the outside
but a filthy whore on the inside.
- 604. There was a huge rumor at the school
that she fucked anyone and everyone.
- 605. I should've gotten in there.
- 606. Anyway, her family was super rich.
Her grades were really good, too.
- 607. But the crucial thing was
that she was such a slut.
- 608. This is such an old story.
- 609. Dae-su, I don't remember too well
since it was so long ago...
- 610. but that Soo-ah...
Wait, didn't you also...?
- 611. Hey, what's going on?
- 612. Joo-hwan what's happening?
- 613. Joo-hwan!
- 614. Mr. Oh Dae-su?
- 615. My sister wasn't a slut.
- 616. I really want you to know that.
- 617. Because you got rid of all the bugs
I had to come all the way here.
- 618. To listen in.
- 619. So, Mr. Roh Joo-hwan...
- 620. died because of you.
- 621. You son of a bitch!
I'm going to kill you!
- 622. I am going to rip you
into little pieces!
- 623. Motherfucker!
- 624. We're not open yet.
Please come back in an hour.
- 625. A man who got six gold teeth here
recommended this place.
- 626. Mr. Park?
- 627. I had to move because of you.
- 628. To celebrate...
- 629. I bought some new TVs.
Do you like it?
- 630. There are so many channels.
- 631. Some of them even
refuse to leave.
- 632. You lived in a place like this
for 15 years?
- 633. Got used to it after 11 years.
- 634. Come on, I don't need money.
- 635. An enemy's enemy is a friend.
- 636. We threw away the hand
because it rotted.
- 637. My wife will be happy...
- 638. Damn sons of bitches
I want to kick their asses.
- 639. So why did you bring me here?
- 640. Let me go!
- 641. If I don't return after July 5th
then let her go.
- 642. While I was locked up
I remember someone visiting me.
- 643. - What did that person do?
- Was it three times?
- 644. I put hypnosis-inducing
drug in your water.
- 645. Sodium Barbiturate?
- 646. TV Man knows it all.
- 647. Dae-su!
- 648. "Scissorhands
- 649. That's nonsense.
- 650. Even though it was a
- 651. doubt she killed herself
because of those rumors.
- 652. There probably was
- 653. Like she got pregnant
- 654. But I don't think Soo-ah
really was a slut.
- 655. She was such a
neat and tidy girl.
- 656. She wouldn't put out
for just anyone.
- 657. There must have been a guy
she was going out with.
- 658. So who was that guy?
- 659. Well, I wouldn't know.
- 660. Choon-shim.
You knew Lee Soo-ah, right?
- 661. Who was her boyfriend?
- 662. Don't know?
- 663. Shut the hell up.
- 664. What would you know
- 665. Shut your trap.
Then who'd know?
- 666. Who?
- 667. What?
- 668. Yeah, I know him.
But how would he know?
- 669. Yeah?
- 670. Okay, hang up.
I'll call you in a bit.
- 671. Choon-shim says Joo-hwan
had told her about it.
- 672. And says that
you would know the best.
- 673. Ring, ring, move aside.
- 674. You'll get hurt if you hesitate.
- 675. "Oh Dae-su"
- 676. Look at you.
Put it out!
- 677. I'm transferring today to Seoul.
- 678. So butt out, Miss Kim.
- 679. You good-for-nothing...!
- 680. - You're Oh Dae-su, right?
- And you're Miss...?
- 681. I heard you're popular
among the girls.
- 682. You know how rumors are.
- 683. I heard you're really funny.
Say something funny.
- 684. Being stuck with one image
isn't healthy, but...
- 685. There's this father and son.
They went to the public bath...
- 686. See you later.
- 687. "Take Care
Homeroom Three Fuckheads!"
- 688. - Come on.
- 689. - Come here.
- 690. - Hurry and come here.
- Okay, okay.
- 691. Satisfied?
- 692. - Raise this up.
- No way.
- 693. - Raise it.
- 694. What?
- 695. It tickles.
- 696. Give it here.
- 697. What are you doing?
- 698. - Let me see.
- See what?
- 699. - Let me see.
- 700. Go away.
- 701. Was it really Soo-ah?
- 702. I don't know her name.
- 703. All I know is that she's in your class
and she rides a red bike.
- 704. Have a good trip.
See you in Seoul if I go.
- 705. - Where are you going?
- Going on a date with Choon-shim.
- 706. You're dead meat
if you tell anyone!
- 707. No way.
- 708. You get locked up for 15 years
just for saying that?
- 709. Was that such a big sin?
- 710. Be it a grain of sand or a rock
in water they sink the same.
- 711. That's what Lee Woo-jin believes.
- 712. Then what's special about
- 713. That's the day...
- 714. Lee Soo-ah died.
- 715. It's over then.
- 716. You said it's not about vengeance
but finding out why he locked you up.
- 717. Now we'll run away where
he can never find us, right?
- 718. I can't end it like this.
- 719. Vengeance has now
become a part of me.
- 720. But you don't even know
where he lives.
- 721. Like a gazelle from
the hand of the hunter
- 722. Like a bird from
the snare of the fowler
- 723. Free yourself.
- 724. It's from The Proverbs chapter 6 verse 4.
"Proverbs" is another word for "Maxim".
- 725. And Evergreen said
he lives in a high tower.
- 726. So chapter 6 verse 4
must mean the floor numbers.
- 727. Fourth floor? Sixth floor?
- 728. Or the sixty-fourth floor?
- 729. P?
- 730. Penthouse!
- 731. Please press the passcode.
- 732. What would you like me to pray for?
- 733. Wrong entry.
Please press again.
- 734. "Dear Lord...
- 735. please let me meet
a younger man next time."
- 736. Please make Lee Woo-jin
kneel down to Dae-su...
- 737. and beg him for mercy.
- 738. You slept with your sister.
- 739. Let's go up and talk.
- 740. Sic him!
- 741. Let's talk it out.
- 742. Feels great.
- 743. You slept with your sister.
- 744. So refreshing.
- 745. And I started the rumors.
That's why your sister died.
- 746. Looking through the mirror
reminds me of that day. Same for you?
- 747. How unfair of you to erase my memory
and then to tell me to find it.
- 748. I won, so...
- 749. die like you promised.
- 750. You think you couldn't remember that day
because you were hypnotized? Really?
- 751. Do you know the real reason
why you couldn't remember?
- 752. Let me tell you.
- 753. You just forgot.
- 754. Is that a let down?
- 755. But it's true you simply forgot.
- 756. Why?
Because it wasn't your business.
- 757. Your rumor grew to the point where
they were saying Soo-ah got pregnant.
- 758. My sister got sucked into that rumor
and in the end, began to believe it.
- 759. Then, her period actually stopped
and her belly began to swell.
- 760. Amazing, isn't it?
- 761. Ever thought about the girl, pregnant
with a child who's also her nephew?
- 762. Understand now?
- 763. Your tongue
got my sister pregnant.
- 764. It wasn't Lee Woo-jin's dick.
- 765. It was Oh Dae-su's tongue.
- 766. Is that why you killed your sister?
- 767. I thought about the boy, about to
father a child who's also his nephew.
- 768. You were probably afraid.
- 769. Afraid that everyone will find out
once the baby's born.
- 770. When you realized that it was all
just her imagination after you killed her...
- 771. how you must have hated me.
- 772. It's understandable.
- 773. They say Soo-ah died alone at the dam
but who took this photo?
- 774. What about this date, July 5th?
- 775. This is no fun.
- 776. I'll just finish what I was telling you.
Listen carefully. My story is really fun.
- 777. Ever heard of
- 778. You suggest something
- 779. and then it's acted out
in your awakened state.
- 780. Still haven't figured it out?
- 781. You bring a complete stranger home
who are you?
- 782. Who are you, you rotten bastard?
- 783. We hypnotized you both.
- 784. One very fortunate thing
was that you both were...
- 785. highly receptive to hypnosis
compared to average people.
- 786. Isn't this fun?
- 787. One word gets you pregnant
one word gets you in love.
- 788. But no matter how much you two
are receptive to hypnosis...
- 789. or no matter how good
a hypnotist Ms. Yoo is...
- 790. getting people to
fall in love isn't easy.
- 791. So do you know what we did?
- 792. - Oh that?
- Your first suggestion, of course...
- 793. was to go to that restaurant
as soon as you were released.
- 794. Next, to react to the specific
melody from the cell phone.
- 795. When you hear the melody
you were to say certain words.
- 796. Who are you?
- 797. Do you like your clothes?
- 798. To the man who says those words
Mido was to perform a certain action.
- 799. When she grabs your hand
your reaction was to be, of course...
- 800. Your true mistake was not
failing to find the answer.
- 801. You kept asking the wrong question
so how could you find the right answer?
- 802. It's not "Why did Lee Woo-jin lock me up?"
- 803. It's "Why did he let me go?"
- 804. Once again...
- 805. why did Lee Woo-jin release
Oh Dae-su after just...
- 806. 15 years?
- 807. "Laugh, and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you will weep alone."
- 808. Mr. Han.
- 809. Mister Han!
- 810. Mido...
- 811. Mido doesn't know, right?
- 812. Why did you hide her there?
- 813. You thought he'd hate me
because I cut off his hand?
- 814. Didn't you stop to think
maybe it was a trap?
- 815. How can you protect your woman
with that brain of yours?
- 816. I've been secretly protecting Mido
since she was three.
- 817. But what about you?
- 818. Mr. Park's hand?
- 819. You imbecile.
- 820. Know that new prison of his?
He said he had to move.
- 821. So I gave him that building
in payment for his hand!
- 822. Dae-su!
- 823. There's a box here.
- 824. It's that same violet box.
He's telling me to open it.
- 825. No!
- 826. No, Mido, don't.
- 827. Don't open it no matter what.
- 828. If you open it
something terrible will happen.
- 829. What's in it?
You know, don't you?
- 830. Mido. My sweet pea
wait a bit longer.
- 831. I'll be there very soon.
- 832. Can't you come right now?
- 833. My sweet pea
you can wait for me?
- 834. Yes.
- 835. Good.
- 836. I'll call you very soon, okay?
- 837. I beg you.
- 838. Please don't tell Mido.
- 839. What has she done wrong?
- 840. You know it was all my fault.
- 841. I have...
- 842. I have committed a terrible sin
to your sister.
- 843. And I was very wrong to you.
- 844. So please leave Mido alone, okay?
- 845. If Mido finds out the truth...
- 846. you asshole...
- 847. from the top of your head
down to the tips of your toes...
- 848. no one will be able to find any trace of
your body on this earth. Why?
- 849. Because I'm going to
chew up every last piece of it.
- 850. Woo-jin!
- 851. Mr. Lee Woo-jin
I made a mistake.
- 852. Please forget what I said.
- 853. Sir! Boss!
- 854. Woo-jin!
- 855. We're Evergreen Old Boys
- 856. With the energy
from the green pine tree...
- 857. the Great Sangnok High...
- 858. I'll do whatever you want.
- 859. I'll do anything.
I beg you.
- 860. Woo-jin, if you want me
to be a dog, I will!
- 861. I'm Woo-jin's dog from now on!
- 862. I'm your puppy!
- 863. Look, I'm wagging my tail.
- 864. I'm a dog.
- 865. I'll guard your house.
I'll be your slave dog.
- 866. The box...
- 867. Just leave it closed.
- 868. Now...
- 869. what joy will I live for?
- 870. Dae-su.
- 871. It really hurts.
- 872. But I'm enduring it.
- 873. I want you to know that.
- 874. How did you hold out?
For 15 years?
- 875. My sister and I knew everything
but still loved each other.
- 876. Can you two do the same?
- 877. Dae-su.
Do you like it?
- 878. I want to be good to you.
- 879. Soo-ah.
- 880. Woo-jin.
- 881. I know you've been scared.
- 882. So let go of me, okay?
- 883. Remember me, alright?
- 884. I have no regrets.
- 885. Up until this point is
the whole story of my adventure.
- 886. Thank you for listening to
this terrible story to the end.
- 887. I hope you now understand
my sending a letter...
- 888. instead of talking to you in person.
This is because I have no tongue.
- 889. To be honest
I have no reason to help you.
- 890. But you see...
- 891. I was touched
by this last sentence.
- 892. "Even though I'm no better than a beast...
- 893. don't I have the right to live?"
- 894. But the hypnosis may go wrong
and mess up your memories.
- 895. Will that be okay?
- 896. Once you're ready...
- 897. stare at that tree.
- 898. The tree is slowly changing
into a concrete pillar.
- 899. You're now inside Lee Woo-jin's penthouse.
- 900. It's a dreary night.
- 901. The sound of your footsteps to the window
echo through the room.
- 902. When I ring my bell...
- 903. you'll be split
into two persons.
- 904. The one who doesn't know the secret
is named, "Oh Dae-su."
- 905. The one who keeps the secret
is named, "The Monster."
- 906. When I ring my bell again...
- 907. the Monster will turn around
and begin walking.
- 908. With each step
he will age by one year.
- 909. When the Monster reaches seventy
he will die.
- 910. There's no need to worry.
It will be a very peaceful death.
- 911. Good luck.
- 912. What's wrong?
- 913. Look at you.
- 914. Who were you with?
- 915. I love you...
- 916. Dae-su.
- 917. 2016 © PLAIN ARCHIVE. ALL RIGHT RESERVED.