- 1. What are you reading?
- 2. - Nothing... I'm sorry.
- Don't worry.
- 3. - Will that be all?
- 4. This machine drives me crazy.
I'll register it later.
- 5. - 1.25 plus 3.75...
- 6. Yes, five, of course.
Don't you have anything smaller?
- 7. - Not enough change.
- I'll make it.
- 8. What an idiot! I do have.
The taxi change.
- 9. The taxi-driver's change.
I took it all from him.
- 10. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.
I'm sure you need the change.
- 11. If you have a 100 bill,
I'll give you 50, and 50, 100, in change.
- 12. Yes.
- 13. - Bye, thanks.
- 14. - Bye.
- 15. - Hi.
- 16. We'll put it over there.
- 17. - He did that to me.
- 18. You know, the change. Be careful.
He's pulling a trick to take money from you.
- 19. What the fuck is going on?
What did you take from her?
- 20. He pulled a trick on me!
He took money from me!
- 21. Son of a bitch!
Call the police, Betina!
- 22. That won't be necessary.
- 23. Who the hell are you?
- 24. You thought I'd forget, right?
- 25. You think I'm a prick, just like all
the assholes you swindle? Is that it?
- 26. You fucking thief!
- 27. - Freeze, motherfucker! Don't resist.
- I won't resist.
- 28. Stop it, goddammit, look what you...!
- 29. Who the fuck do you think
you are talking to?
- 30. I'm sorry...
- 31. Is this the money you took from her?
Is this it?
- 32. You'll get a call from the precinct.
- 33. To file your report,
and to return this to you.
- 34. Don't move from here.
- 35. Do you smoke?
- 36. - Smoke these?
- 37. A pity.
I no longer smoke.
- 38. Crunchy...
- 39. made in Greece.
- 40. This country is going to hell.
- 41. Do you want?
- 42. I'm such an asshole!
- 43. What an asshole!
- 44. It's not that bad.
- 45. I should know when someone's
pulling a trick on me.
- 46. Depends on who's doing it.
- 47. - It was the gun that convinced me.
- The gun?
- 48. The only thing handy.
- 49. Are you mad, kid?
- 50. "He pulled a trick on me"!
- 51. Why did you help me out?
- 52. It was a pity that you'd
get canned for 45 lousy bucks.
- 53. How do you know it's 45 bucks?
- 54. I did that trick a million times.
- 55. And I know you can't do
it twice at the same store.
- 56. You get in, you do it,
and you get out... that's it.
- 57. Unless you want to get
beaten and canned...
- 58. not necessarily in that order.
- 59. - You are swindler...
- A dentist.
- 60. The professional felt
pity for the asshole.
- 61. Beginner.
- 62. I hope one day I'm as
good as you, teacher.
- 63. Thanks, anyway. Goodbye.
- 64. Hold it!
- 65. What do you want?
- 66. That's a strange way of saying thanks.
- 67. I said thanks. What else do you want?
- 68. Not me, what do you want?
- 69. - What do I want?
- Survive, I guess.
- 70. I can teach you a couple of tricks.
- 71. Why?
- 72. Because otherwise you're
heading for trouble.
- 73. - Thanks a lot, but I'm doing fine.
- Yeah, I can see that.
- 74. I'm not the smartes, nor the fastest,
but I know the stVER
- 75. - What do you want?
- I already told you.
- 76. Try telling me the truth.
- 77. I work with another guy,
a partner, Turco.
- 78. He disappeared a week ago, completely.
- 79. Them thing is, I need a partner.
- 80. I don't know how to work
on my own, I can't.
- 81. I saw you at the gas station
and I thought...
- 82. perhaps...
- 83. Why me?
- 84. Why not?
- 85. No, look... I work alone,
and besides, I don't know you.
- 86. my name is marcos... and yours is...?
- 87. Juan...
- 88. But you always wanted to be called...
- 89. Sebastián.
- 90. Guys called Juan always want
to have another name.
- 91. - Let's do business, Sebastián?
- 92. Just for today, one day only.
Then you can decide.
- 93. No, thanks.
- 94. you to do it. If you want to keep on playing in the sma
- 95. Here, Kid.
Don't loose your money.
- 96. Hey... marcos...
- 97. just for today.
- 98. Who is it?
- 99. - Auntie?
- No, who is it? - I'm sorry.
- 100. - Who is it?
- 101. - No, what auntie?
- Excuse me.
- 102. - Hello?
- 103. - No, wrong floor.
- Excuse me.
- 104. - Who is it?
- Auntie? - Who is it?
- 105. Wait, wait...
- 106. Hang on.
- 107. - Do you have kids?
- 108. What's that for?
- 109. It's for me.
- 110. I had one like it when I was a kid.
A bit larger than this one.
- 111. It belonged to my father.
- 112. When there was a game on TV...
- 113. it was one of the few days
dad stayed at home.
- 114. I would set my wooden racetrack
and play with the car.
- 115. mum would listen to her favorite
record, by Rita Pavone.
- 116. - Rita Pavone?
- 117. A real fan. She wouldn't acknowledge
she was outdated.
- 118. When we were together at home
we listened to Rita Pavone.
- 119. - "II Ballo del mattone" Know the song?
- Who is it? - Auntie?
- 120. - No, wrong floor.
- Excuse me.
- 121. It was very popular. They used the
song for a movie, mum told me.
- 122. It went... para pa pa pa para...
- 123. Who is it?
- 124. - Auntie?
- Yes... who is it?
- 125. You can't recognize your favorite nephew?
- 126. - Yes, auntie, it's Fabián.
- 127. It's been a long time, dear.
What a miracle!
- 128. You have a cold? I can't hear well.
I hardly recognize you.
- 129. You came to visit me?
- 130. No, you'll be mad at me.
I'm with a friend...
- 131. - The car? - Yes.
- You bought a car?
- 132. You didn't know? You have to see it.
You'll love it.
- 133. Guess what color it is.
- 134. What color? Don't tell me.
- 135. No, I wanted turquoise,
but I got a blue one.
- 136. The thing is, they are about
to tow it to the garage...
- 137. and upon checking my wallet
I realize I'm without money.
- 138. It was then I noticed I
was close to your place...
- 139. Fabián, how could you?
You have to check before going out.
- 140. Don't give me a hard time.
- 141. Could you lend me some money?
Say, 50, 60 pesos.
- 142. There's no need for you
to return it so fast.
- 143. But you could have a coffee
with your aunt.
- 144. I promise, auntie.
We'll have a coffee together.
- 145. Look, I don't want to leave the car alone.
- 146. my friend is staying here,
give him the money.
- 147. Don't worry, I'm coming down.
Your friend can be trusted?
- 148. She gave me 100.
- 149. Nice old lady.
- 150. She sends her love to your mother.
- 151. 's tough, I'd have to go to the cemetery,
too much trouble
- 152. And she gave me this to return to her.
- 153. Why didn't you keep it?
- 154. I'm not a crook.
- 155. - What is it?
- 156. - You want the ring?
- No, it's not that.
- 157. - What is it?
- The old lady...
- 158. Let me see if I get this right:
- 159. Gas station clerks, it's OK,
trusting old ladies, never.
- 160. It's not that... she told me
I looked like her grandson.
- 161. How can you work the streets
with such a conscience?
- 162. - That's my problem.
- No, that's our problem. For today.
- 163. Hang on, since we are here...
- 164. Go in, order a coffee...
- 165. pay with this... and get out.
You don't know me.
- 166. I need money.
- 167. That's original.
- 168. No, I need money, now...
- 169. lot's of it. That's why
I'm on the streets.
- 170. What is it, you woke up feeling ambitious?
- 171. No, it's my father.
I'm gathering money for him.
- 172. How much?
- 173. - A lot.
- Come on, how much?
- 174. Seventy grand.
- 175. Holy shit!
What is it with your father?
- 176. He is in trouble.
- 177. And you solve your dad's problems?
- 178. Yes... we get along fine.
- 179. He taught me the tricks for working.
When I was a kid, as a game.
- 180. - "mosqueta", "Toco mocho"...
- The basics...
- 181. The something happened, I don't know what.
- 182. He regretted having taught me.
He said it was wrong.
- 183. He told me not to screw my
life like he had screwed his.
- 184. He told me to do anything else.
- 185. I did as he said.
I did anything.
- 186. And it didn't work...
- 187. Everything I did was a failure.
- 188. What did you answer when asked
what did you want to be?
- 189. Left wing.
- 190. I wanted to be an accomplice.
- 191. I heard it a lot at home...
- 192. and what can you do for a living
with such a vocation?
- 193. minister?
- 194. Now that my dad needs the money
the only way I have to get it...
- 195. is to use the tricks he taught me.
- 196. I try hard to remember each phrase,
and each flick of the hands...
- 197. I sell my apartment to
start an import business...
- 198. that didn't even get of the ground...
- 199. Well, the 70 grand are still there,
like the carrot...
- 200. You were saying?
- 201. Could you give me my change,
I've got to go.
- 202. What change, sir?
- 203. The change for the 100 pesos
I gave over 10 minutes ago.
- 204. No, you gave me nothing.
- 205. Come on, I'm in a hurry.
- 206. Sir, you didn't pay me.
- 207. What is it, you are serving
too many tables?
- 208. Shall I help you?
- 209. You didn't pay, 100 or anything else.
- 210. Don't shout...
- 211. Don't tell me what to do.
- 212. - What is it? - The gentlemen says
he paid me, but it's not true.
- 213. - Are you calling me a liar?
- No, sir. There must be some confusion.
- 214. What confusion?
- 215. There's no confusion. I had a coffee
and paid with a 100 peso bill.
- 216. I don't have that many to get confused.
I had two, and now I have one.
- 217. Check. Perhaps you got confused.
- 218. Don't insist with the confusion bit.
There's no confusion. Look.
- 219. I had two bills, now I have one.
- 220. Look, that's it.
The tip is cut off.
- 221. The bill with which I paid
is missing the tip.
- 222. Check in your register box if you
have a bill with a missing tip.
- 223. - Let's cut it out, I'm in a hurry.
- Come with me.
- 224. I'm not going anywhere.
- 225. Go and get me my change.
I'm not going anywhere. Are you crazy?
- 226. What is it?
- 227. Your cut.
- 228. I knew this trick.
- 229. - You do it?
- 230. Why?
- 231. Too much people around, you have to
make a scandal. It's not my style.
- 232. But that's the point, pal.
- 233. They are not prepared to
get into a scandal.
- 234. What is the key? Get offended.
- 235. The more offended you are,
the least suspect you look.
- 236. If the going gets tough,
you accuse the rest of them.
- 237. But it's not the same.
- 238. What part?
- 239. The exposure, I don't like it.
- 240. The risk of something going wrong.
If the going gets rough, I can't do it.
- 241. You chose the wrong job.
- 242. I didn't chose.
- 243. Do you have some small change?
I have to make a call.
- 244. It's private... you know...
- 245. Arrange it... bye.
- 246. Who were you talking to?
- 247. With my lawyer.
I have to call every now and then.
- 248. I still have some outstanding business.
- 249. - Who was it?
- A friend.
- 250. OK, what's next?
- 251. I don't know.
- 252. In fact I've been thinking...
I don't know if its worth it.
- 253. All this... perhaps it's best that
you go on with your stuff.
- 254. Turco must be coming back soon...
- 255. and if he finds out I
replaced him he'll get mad.
- 256. Turco is a bit jealous.
- 257. No, wait, what is it?
- 258. Nothing... this is not for you.
You are not into it.
- 259. You could fuck up,
and if that happens...
- 260. Wait... what could I fuck up?
What kind of an asshole do you think I am?
- 261. The kind who thinks too much.
- 262. - Is that a liability?
- It's a liability.
- 263. Why?
- 264. If you think too much,
some things you won't do.
- 265. Look, I need the money.
- 266. This is not about learning
a couple of tricks.
- 267. Any asshole knows this.
You need something else for this job.
- 268. Talent...
- 269. and you've got it.
- 270. Otherwise, I wouldn't be alive.
- 271. Anything.
- 272. Can you get that purse
in less than two minutes?
- 273. - That she voluntarily hand me her purse?
- In two minutes.
- 274. No, not that.
- 275. - I can.
- No, you can't.
- 276. I bet you the ring.
- 277. - Hi.
- 278. - Go ahead.
- 279. - What floor, madam?
- 280. - And you?
- The penthouse.
- 281. What is it?
- 282. I don't know.
- 283. These old elevators, they break down,
they fall down.
- 284. Please, don't say that.
- 285. It happens, all the time.
- 286. Holy shit!
- 287. - Let's get help.
- makes sense.
- 288. No, we'll do something else.
- 289. We're going out, and we'll use the stairs.
- 290. Let me help you.
- 291. Hand me your purse,
I'll place it here.
- 292. Shall I hold it for you?
- 293. I didn't know that one.
- 294. Neither did I.
- 295. - You improvised?
- 296. - Really?
- 297. That was fast.
- 298. And you have another asset...
- 299. that'll make your life easier.
Something money can't buy.
- 300. - What.
- You look like a nice guy.
- 301. This is incredible! Once again
you've sent me the wrong paper!
- 302. How many times must I tell you
this is the one I want?
- 303. I'm sick and tired of
coming myself to get it.
- 304. What's your address?
- 305. Viamonte 1242, 2° " B".
- 306. Why are you so cheap?
Can't you buy it?
- 307. Don't call me "cheap".
- 308. Are you offended?
- 309. Of course I can buy it,
but I can also not buy it.
- 310. As everybody else would do,
if they could.
- 311. Do you think everybody is like you are?
- 312. Like me? most.
- 313. The thing is they don't have enough balls.
- 314. At least it's "most".
- 315. Then there's the decent folk,
and then there's you...
- 316. and you would be... what?
- 317. What's up, man?
- 318. You wouldn't have got her out
of the elevator, would you?
- 319. - What are you talking about?
- The purse.
- 320. You would have walked away with it.
- 321. What do you mean?
- 322. You think I am a thief?
- 323. I don't kill people. I don't use a piece.
Anyone can do that.
- 324. Do you want to see thieves?
- 325. Those two... are waiting for someone
with the briefcase on the street side.
- 326. That one, sizing up loaded victims.
- 327. They are there, but you can't see them.
- 328. Well, that's what it's all about.
They are there, but they are not.
- 329. So mind your briefcase, your case,
your door, your window, your car.
- 330. - Thieves.
- No... that's what everybody calls them.
- 331. They are spitters, breakers, skin workers,
blind fronts, digit dealers, hoisters...
- 332. hooks, stalls, petermans,
night raiders, spitters...
- 333. mustard chuckers, fences,
- 334. I'm hungry.
Let's go to my office to get a meal.
- 335. What is it?
- 336. Sit there, wait for me.
- 337. Anibal, could you clear my desk?
- 338. Your sister called.
- 339. How do you know it was my sister?
- 340. She said she was your sister, Valeria.
- 341. - I didn't know you have a sister.
- Yes, I have a sister.
- 342. - At what time did she call?
- About an hour ago.
- 343. Did she say what she wanted?
- 344. Get an office with a secretary
and stop busting my balls.
- 345. Get me something to eat,
- 346. If you don't mind,
I'll chose the food the next time.
- 347. You are a pain in the ass, kid.
- 348. - When?
- This morning.
- 349. - What did you say?
- That you were hospitalized.
- 350. - Why were you hospitalized?
- 351. I think I'm running out of credit.
- 352. I'm a mess with money.
It's hard for me to...
- 353. A mess?
- 354. Your sister.
- 355. Hello... either we never get to talk
or we speak twice the same day.
- 356. No, I can't now.
- 357. And why should it concern me?
- 358. If you are fucking with me to get me to go
to talk about our grandparents business...
- 359. wait... wait a second!
- 360. Alright, I'm on my way. Yes!
- 361. - Problems?
- I don't know. Maybe.
- 362. I'm going to see my sister.
- 363. And what shall I do?
- 364. Come along.
You never know with my sister.
- 365. maybe I might need a witness.
Pay for this. I'll pay you later.
- 366. - Your sister works here?
- 367. - Does she...?
- 368. my sister is a responsible person.
- 369. A miracle. I called and you came.
- 370. I'm fine, thanks. And you?
- 371. Fine, we are fine.
Thanks for your concern.
- 372. You called to give me shit? I'm trying
to keep the party going, to be polite.
- 373. I wish it were a party, and
there's no need to be polite with me.
- 374. It would be enough for me if you
just carried out your responsibilities.
- 375. I heard that song before.
I think it was your mother singing it.
- 376. You are a bastard!
- 377. Watch your mouth.
- 378. Be careful, perhaps one of your bosses
could listen. How many are they?
- 379. 10... 20? Never seen a woman
with as many bosses as she has.
- 380. - Who is this?
- Juan, a friend.
- 381. - I called you.
- And I came with him. What do you want?
- 382. Come.
- 383. marcos, how many times did I ask you
not to meddle with the hotel and its guests?
- 384. - That you do your business elsewhere.
- Too many.
- 385. Today I was at the lobby and that partner
of yours, the old man... what was his name?
- 386. - Sandler?
- That's it, Sandler.
- 387. - I thought he had died.
- Don't fuck with me, marcos.
- 388. I'm not. I haven't seen him
in six or seven years.
- 389. Besides, Sandler was not my partner.
He does something else.
- 390. Anyway, he was at the lobby, very nervous,
insisting to see on of our guests.
- 391. - I imagined it was one of your affairs.
- You're wrong.
- 392. I had you called, they didn't find you,
and I had him out.
- 393. You've become a snitch?
- 394. This is my job, and I work my
ass off 12 hours a day to keep it.
- 395. I hope not literally.
- 396. When the old man was being thrown out
he had a seizure, he fainted.
- 397. The house doctor has already seen him...
- 398. and they'll call an ambulance shortly.
- 399. What does all this have to do with me?
- 400. The old man recognized me and asked me,
begged me, to call you...
- 401. that it was urgent,
he needed to talk to you.
- 402. my life is quite a mess as it is.
- 403. make sure he doesn't come back.
Neither do you.
- 404. - You called me.
- He did.
- 405. Whatever you have to settle,
do it, and go away.
- 406. It makes me nervous to see you here.
- 407. You are as loving as always.
- 408. By the way... are you dating someone,
did you get married?
- 409. I'm dating.
- 410. It will be one year tomorrow.
- 411. Congratulations.
Do I know him?
- 412. I don't think so.
- 413. Nice ass, right?
- 414. marquitos, you came.
- 415. You called me, Sandler.
- 416. I thought... you know...
- 417. And him?
- 418. He's with me. If you want
to I can ask him to leave.
- 419. Juan?
- 420. Aren't you Juan, Ramiro's kid?
- 421. I worked with your father
many years ago.
- 422. I would forge the papers for him,
and he pushed them.
- 423. Sandler is an artist.
- 424. Yes, an artist.
- 425. - I wanted to make big money.
- They were other times.
- 426. - You don't remember?
- 427. You were small then.
Perhaps ten, twelve.
- 428. Good memory.
- 429. He was a smart kid.
- 430. This is all very touching but,
why did you have me called?
- 431. Hand me the briefcase.
- 432. Esteban Vidal Gandolfo is a guest
at this hotel. Do you know him?
- 433. Owns a holding.
- 434. must leave the country in a hurry.
- 435. Parliamentary investigation.
- 436. Deportation to Venezuela.
- 437. 500 million dollars?
- 438. Whatever it is, it's too big for you.
- 439. He's got a hobby.
- 440. He's worth 500 millions,
and he's got a hobby.
- 441. - What?
- 442. - Didn't you have a...?
- Brother in law. A stamp collector.
- 443. Very good.
The husband of my sister, Berta.
- 444. The one who lives at the Kavanagh.
- 445. my rich sister.
- 446. He died 8, 9 years ago,
and left her the whole collection...
- 447. - including the Nueve Reinas.
- Nueve Reinas?
- 448. The Nueve Reinas is a sheet of stamps
from the Weimar republic.
- 449. Defective. Rare, and very valuable.
- 450. - How much?
- I don't know.
- 451. I didn't have time to establish a price.
- 452. You wanted to sell them
to Vidal Gandolfo?
- 453. my sister's stamps?
- 454. No, not hers.
She wouldn't sell them.
- 455. She says they remind
her of her husband.
- 456. So?
- 457. But, I got to see them.
- 458. I studied them.
I took photographs.
- 459. You copied them.
- 460. my best work ever.
- 461. Original paper. Year 1920.
- 462. Hand-cut. One perforation at a time.
- 463. This is one of your photos?
- 464. The trick is the time.
- 465. I know they wouldn't pass a lab test.
- 466. But they are taking the guy
to the airport tomorrow.
- 467. He doesn't have the time
to really check them.
- 468. That's why they must be sold today.
- 469. He'll go for it.
He must believe it's now or never.
- 470. Please, take me to the toilet.
- 471. Easy.
- 472. - Do you know this Spaniard?
- Yes, I read something about him.
- 473. Then he exists...
- 474. Yes, of course he exists.
- 475. Let me get this straight.
- 476. You came to the hotel
asking for the dago.
- 477. When you couldn't get through
you got nervous...
- 478. because you thought
you'd blown it.
- 479. Is that so?
- 480. It was then that you blew your fuse.
- 481. So you need someone to sell
the goods for you... today.
- 482. Why me, of all people?
- 483. When I fell ill I saw
your sister and I thought:
- 484. Why not?
It's been a long time.
- 485. You didn't expect this, did you?
- 486. Here I am, again trusting you.
- 487. You are desperate.
- 488. You called me because
you had no one else to call.
- 489. No.
- 490. No, look...
- 491. Let me tell you what the situation is:
- 492. You don't set the percentages, I do.
- 493. Because if I leave now all you'll get
will be an enema at a public hospital.
- 494. Listen, I'm 73...
- 495. I don't have many opportunities left,
and this one is mine, rightfully.
- 496. Don't fuck with me, marcos.
I can call someone else.
- 497. No, if you could call someone else
you would have already done so.
- 498. How much do you want?
- 499. You are crazy.
- 500. No, the thing is
I got you by the balls.
- 501. - I am not negotiating.
- 502. I'm making you the only offer
you'll ever get.
- 503. or nothing, zilch.
I didn't come to you, Sandler.
- 504. It was the other way round.
- 505. I never learn.
- 506. I'm an asshole.
- 507. You are not an asshole.
You are fucked up.
- 508. Well?
- 509. The wife has the stamps
at their place.
- 510. If I tell her the old man sends me,
she'll give them to me.
- 511. He asked me not to mention the hospital.
He doesn't want her to get scared.
- 512. Do you know anything about stamps?
- 513. They are small square papers
you stick on envelopes.
- 514. - You'll go ahead with it?
- What is it with you? Of course!
- 515. - What?
- 516. I find it a bit strange.
- 517. - Which part?
- All of it.
- 518. Strange? You find it strange?
- 519. Kid, I've sold barbed wire seeds,
and got thanked for it.
- 520. Do you think I can get
scared with some stamps?
- 521. What can I lose?
I risk nothing.
- 522. If I sell, I keep everything.
- 523. And if the cops get involved?
- 524. No, kid. This is something else.
- 525. This is something you can wait for all
your life, and could never happen.
- 526. It's one in a million.
- 527. The old man is a good artist.
- 528. He's the best. And I can
sell those stamps.
- 529. - I can probably get... thirty grand.
- Thirty grand?
- 530. - more, you think?
- 531. What is it?
What do you want?
- 532. I want in.
- 533. In where?
- 534. The deal. I need the cash.
I want a part.
- 535. A part?
Are you crazy?
- 536. I'm not saying much.
I mean a percentage.
- 537. We are together for the day, right?
- 538. Why should I give you a percentage?
- 539. This reached me through my sister.
- 540. Who the fuck do you think you are?
- 541. Well, I was there.
- 542. Fuck that! You don't even
know Sandler's address.
- 543. I'll need help. Stay with
me for a lumpsum: one grand.
- 544. Three.
- 545. - One and a half.
- Two and a half.
- 546. - OK. Two.
- Two and a half.
- 547. - OK. Two.
- Two and a half.
- 548. Alright! Only if we pull it through.
- 549. - What was the name of the guy...?
- None of your business.
- 550. - Vidal Garófalo?
- 551. Gandolfo. He likes you.
- 552. I'd like to talk to you about...
why do you ask? - It's nothing.
- 553. - Don't meddle with that guy...
- I'll be back.
- 554. Do you remember by any chance a song by
Rita Pavone, "II Ballo del mattone"?
- 555. That's it, let's go.
We won't bother you again.
- 556. Listen, what about our
- 557. Not again!
Talk to your lawyer.
- 558. Don't fuck around with me,
you lawyer is delaying it.
- 559. That's what lawyers are for.
- 560. If you won't do it for me,
do it for Federico.
- 561. What does the kid have
to do with this?
- 562. You are screwing him too.
The third part is his.
- 563. I'm not screwing anybody.
You wanted to sue me? You did.
- 564. What else do you want now?
Do you want my blood?
- 565. Look at the victim.
You are a bastard!
- 566. Don't insult me.
And leave the boy out of this.
- 567. He is not staying out.
You explain it to him.
- 568. - marcos, how are you?
- What's up, boy?
- 569. - Fine?
- How are you?
- 570. Didn't you say he never came,
that he didn't care?
- 571. - How are you?
- Fine, and you?
- 572. In the end your sister got to have
you working with her, all dressed up.
- 573. Yes, well, we need the money.
We still have debts.
- 574. You don't have to explain.
There's nothing to feel ashamed of.
- 575. Explain to your brother why he can't
collect his grandparent's money.
- 576. - Valeria, cut it out with that.
- Yes, cut it out.
- 577. Don't be naive, Federico.
- 578. Don't involve me in this mess.
- 579. He already explained what happened with
the inheritance, and it's enough for me.
- 580. - And you believe him?
- Of course. He is my brother.
- 581. Do what you have to do,
sue him. I don't care.
- 582. But don't bust my balls.
- 583. I have to go back to work.
See you. - Good.
- 584. Bye.
- 585. - Good afternoon.
- What do you want?
- 586. Your husband sent us, to pick
up an envelope he left for us.
- 587. He said it's a yellow, large, envelope,
in the shelf in the living room...
- 588. - under the Chinese jar.
- my husband is not in.
- 589. Yes, I know. He said that
even if he were not home...
- 590. we could come by to pick up the envelope.
- 591. He's not in! Come back at some other time.
- 592. We'd love to, but we can't.
- 593. Sandler, mr. Sandler said that...
- 594. He's not in! He's not in!
my husband is not in!
- 595. Who are you?
What do you want from me?
- 596. - Nothing, it's just...
- Go away, or I'll call the police...
- 597. - madam, please...
- Go away!
- 598. I know your kind.
- 599. You take advantage of
old ladies like me.
- 600. But I will not allow this,
I won't let you.
- 601. That's why I don't open
my door to anyone.
- 602. Let's go, the lady is right.
There's no point.
- 603. Your mother will understand,
it's not that bad.
- 604. If we ever visit her again, we'll
take her the photos, otherwise, not.
- 605. Goodbye.
- 606. Forgive us, madam.
- 607. my brother gets all worked up
when he's going to visit mother.
- 608. And she was looking forward
to see these photos...
- 609. but, never mind. We'll fix it somehow.
- 610. Listen...
- 611. no, not you. You stay there.
- 612. - Yes? - In the envelope
there are photos for your mum?
- 613. Yes, some old photos of my uncle
Livor and his family in Poland.
- 614. You husband promised to make us
some copies of the originals...
- 615. and we wanted to give them to my mum,
now that we are traveling to visit.
- 616. - Where does your mother live?
- In Entre Ríos.
- 617. Ah, Entre Ríos!
- 618. Entre Ríos. Would you wait a minute?
- 619. Without me, you are left outside.
- 620. I'm not Sandler, and you
really need the dough.
- 621. Do you know Entre Ríos?
- 622. mum would never leave there.
- 623. She always says: A meckler stays
in the land where he was born.
- 624. meckler? Is she related to
Rabi meckler, of Basavilbaso?
- 625. Her cousin,
I am his nephew.
- 626. Vidal Gandolfo will be at
the hotel the whole afternoon...
- 627. The ordered drinks for 3:30 Pm.
- 628. How will you approach him?
- 629. I don't know.
- 630. - We must think of something.
- Think fast.
- 631. He's leaving tomorrow.
You don't have much time.
- 632. We. I mean, you could contribute
- 633. How are you, dear marcos?
- 634. I'm sorry, Washington.
We are busy.
- 635. marcos, it'll take you longer to dismiss me
than to check the goods I have for you.
- 636. You are right.
- 637. What do you have?
- 638. Whatever you want.
- 639. National, Buenos Aires,
- 640. - Third parties?
- And blank checks.
- 641. I have some complete check
books, if you want.
- 642. What I want is for you to leave.
- 643. Don't you want to make a gift?
- 644. You could impress your loved ones.
- 645. Nothing better than a Paraguayan
Rolex to impress your loved ones.
- 646. And you, young man?
- 647. Anything else?
- 648. Perfumes, clothing,
- 649. Computer software, paintings,
- 650. I have an excellent Japanese
motorbike, with minor damages.
- 651. What damages?
- 652. A hole in the tank.
- 653. - A perforation?
- Small caliber.
- 654. That's it, I need a gun,
but something large.
- 655. - Do you have a 357?
- 656. I'm not a crook.
- 657. Have a nice day.
- 658. Excuse me, do you have cell phones?
- 659. Any make in particular?
- 660. An idea?
- 661. Hello... yes, it's me.
- 662. What's up?
It's not a good time.
- 663. I'm about to take a leak.
- 664. At the hotel.
- 665. I came because I was given a tip,
but I doubt it will work out.
- 666. No, no... I'm going to
montevideo on Saturday.
- 667. I'll try to sell them there.
- 668. Yes...
- 669. The thing is not when...
but how much.
- 670. Are you crazy?
For the Nueve Reinas?
- 671. No... I tell you what.
- 672. For that amount go to the post office
and you'll get as many stamps as you like.
- 673. No, not even close.
- 674. Now, that's better.
- 675. - What the fuck are you doing here?
- I'm talking on the phone.
- 676. Don't fuck around with me!
- 677. This is the second time today I see you
around. You and that other prick.
- 678. What do you want?
- 679. I do the asking,
you just answer.
- 680. What are you doing here?
What is the trick this time?
- 681. This is no trick.
I have something to sell.
- 682. It's legal, no strings attached.
- 683. In the hotel restroom?
Don't fuck with me!
- 684. Do you want me to get real mad?
- 685. We are all here now.
- 686. Look at the face of this guy.
- 687. Where did you find him?
- 688. The people at the hotel are worried.
Come and explain everything to me.
- 689. That won't be necessary.
- 690. I'm sure you won't mind
showing me your ID.
- 691. Put the gun down.
- 692. And who are you?
- 693. A guest at the hotel, and these gentlemen
are here because I summoned them.
- 694. You summoned them?
- 695. Please, put the gun away.
- 696. You might be a guest here, the
king of Spain, but I don't...
- 697. You come with me.
And you, wait for me.
- 698. You bastard!
- 699. You liked it! You liked it!
- 700. Fucking asshole!
Who said you had to hit me?
- 701. I should go to Hollywood.
- 702. He bought it!
- 703. I should do this for a living.
- 704. We must go back. Take whatever he
gives you and consider yourself paid.
- 705. No, you have to give me your part.
You owe me 200.
- 706. - I'll give you 100 now and...
- 707. my pleasure.
- 708. I'd like to have a word with you.
- 709. my partners are waiting for me.
- 710. - Are you OK?
- 711. Where did your friend get the ID?
- 712. He gets it at his job,
together with the gun.
- 713. Let's not waste any time.
- 714. You told the cop you
have something to sell.
- 715. A legal deal, as you said.
- 716. And for what I heard of
your phone conversation...
- 717. I might be interested.
- 718. Who are you?
- 719. If what you have to offer
is what I believe it is...
- 720. Excuse me. Who are you?
- 721. The person you were tipped off about
The one you came to see.
- 722. I have nothing to sell,
nor did I ask any favor.
- 723. We are here to be polite. You helped us
out in the restroom, a misunderstanding
- 724. But the truth is,
I don't know who you are.
- 725. What do you say?
- 726. my partner speaks for me too.
- 727. Well... professionals.
- 728. Do you see, idiots,
how these things are handled?
- 729. If you had something to sell
to me you'd knock on my door...
- 730. just like a book peddler.
- 731. But if you were a smart argie...
- 732. you'd try to interest me.
- 733. You'd find a way to have me look
for you, and not the other way round.
- 734. You could, for example,
have a telephone conversation...
- 735. with an alleged buyer...
- 736. and make sure I'd listen to it.
- 737. But you have to be subtle.
- 738. You shouldn't say anything like:
- 739. What? For the Nueve Reinas?
You are crazy!
- 740. And then the cop: "Please, don't hit me.
I have something to sell.
- 741. But it's legal, I promise".
- 742. Do you understand?
- 743. It was so ridiculous!
- 744. I don't know what you are talking about.
- 745. Look, man. There is no point
in insisting with that.
- 746. Besides, it is true that if
you had approached me directly...
- 747. perhaps I would have
never talked with you.
- 748. I don't care you did it
this way, really.
- 749. As long as what you have
is good and interests me.
- 750. I really don't know what
you are talking about.
- 751. man, cut it out.
The show is over.
- 752. You are here,
and I'm listening.
- 753. If you have something to
offer me do it or fuck off.
- 754. I have little time left
and much to do.
- 755. Do you have this?
- 756. And where did you get it?
- 757. my grandfather gave them to me, shortly
before he died, a few months ago.
- 758. He got them from a German
guy he met on a ship.
- 759. - He paid seven pesos for them...
- Seven pesos...
- 760. I told my cousin and he suggested
I sell them to a collector.
- 761. Are you interested?
- 762. Don't push me.
- 763. I mean, as you have so little
time left and so much to do...
- 764. I might want to buy them.
- 765. That would be good,
for all of us.
- 766. Come back, in an hour.
- 767. I want to see the stamps,
and then we'll talk about money.
- 768. - Today
- Today, yes.
- 769. I don't have much time.
- 770. Unfortunately I have to leave
your city tomorrow morning.
- 771. - You didn't know that?
- I didn't know.
- 772. That's the way it is.
- 773. And, believe me,
I'll miss this country.
- 774. I've never seen such good
will for doing business.
- 775. In my room, at four o' clock.
- 776. Let go that phone, goddamit!
- 777. I told you not to fuck
around in the hotel.
- 778. - Don't worry, we...
- Stay out of this.
- 779. Really, it has nothing to do with...
- 780. What is it with you, asshole?
- 781. Don't you know how my
brother's partners end up?
- 782. Or do you really believe you'll
get any money out of marcos?
- 783. - Don't come back.
- We'll be back.
- 784. I'll call the police.
- 785. Call them.
What will you say?
- 786. Excuse me... by any chance,
do you remember a song by Rita Pavone...
- 787. "II Ballo del mattone"?
- 788. Come on... let's go.
- 789. What did your sister mean
with what she said?
- 790. About what?
- 791. - How your partners wind up.
- How could I know?
- 792. - Why did you stop working with Sandler?
- None of your business.
- 793. The thing is, for this day
I'm your partner. It is my business.
- 794. Technically we could say
I unilaterally readjusted the dividends.
- 795. You fucked him...
- 796. You fucked your partner.
- 797. "You fucked your partner"
Sandler was always an asshole.
- 798. Besides, it couldn't have been
that bad if he called me again.
- 799. Don't worry.
I won't fuck you.
- 800. Why not?
- 801. I'm getting old, and I'm
sure you run faster than I do.
- 802. I'm not convinced.
- 803. Doesn't bother me.
- 804. No, goddamit, no.
- 805. Because I won't maintain
an unfavorable position...
- 806. How much?
- 807. That's better.
- 808. Offer an option at 19.000 and freeze.
- 809. Yes, we'd only be losing, let me see...
- 810. two and a half, three million.
- 811. I'll call you later...
- 812. alright.
- 813. Give me that.
- 814. Do your stuff.
- 815. mr. Vidal, I must insist.
These are not the right conditions.
- 816. We should run lab tests on the ink...
- 817. - and a spectrography.
- I don't have time, goddamit!
- 818. You are supposed to be the best,
at least I'm paying you as if you were.
- 819. So, cut it out and tell me
if they are good or not.
- 820. Should I pay for them or somebody
with lots of guts is trying to screw me?
- 821. Go ahead, do whatever is necessary.
- 822. The stamps are good.
- 823. Excuse me, any of you
remembers a song by...
- 824. How's the game going?
- 825. A sheet of stamps of
the Weimar republic...
- 826. with a rare distribution
of the edges.
- 827. You are right, mr. Vidal.
No more tests are necessary.
- 828. These are the Nueve Reinas.
- 829. You, pay him.
- 830. Let's talk about money.
- 831. - What I had thought...
- Don't think.
- 832. You just listen.
- 833. I don't know what you do for
a living, and I don't care.
- 834. One thing is for sure:
You don't sell stamps for a living.
- 835. These stamps were dropped on your lap
- 836. and whatever you get for them
is like a gift from heaven.
- 837. - Am I wrong?
- No. It's true.
- 838. We don't know much about stamps.
- 839. Nevertheless, we'd rather sell them
here, now, without any further delays.
- 840. But I could also get financing,
or go to the States...
- 841. I can auction them.
- 842. I mean to say, we won't give them away.
If we check the catalogues...
- 843. Fuck the catalogues!
- 844. What is it? You've turned
into an expert all of a sudden?
- 845. It's me who is going to buy those
stamps. The rest is bullshit.
- 846. I tell you the price,
and you accept it.
- 847. I won't give you a cent more than...
- 848. 300.000.
- 849. This is not what we had agreed.
- 850. I will not be robbed.
- 851. my grandfather kept these
stamps all his life...
- 852. and I will not give them away
to the first one who comes along...
- 853. I don't care how millionaire he is.
- 854. - Listen.
- You listen to me.
- 855. You and I have an agreement,
but I decide.
- 856. I won't blow them,
and that's final.
- 857. Well, well, well...
- 858. What amount would please your grandfather?
- 859. - 450 grand.
- 860. This guy is going to
buy the stamps from us.
- 861. We deliver them at 10,
and he'll pay us 450.000 dollars.
- 862. of the balance is mine. - minus expenses.
- 863. Where is the trick?
- 864. What?
- 865. You are screwing me.
- 866. This is a trick.
You are pulling a trick.
- 867. You think I'm screwing you?
- 868. I don't know. I can't understand
it and it makes me mad.
- 869. - This is not real.
- It's not real? Give me that.
- 870. This is as real as it gets, asshole.
It's 450 grand.
- 871. It's more real than you and I.
- 872. What is it, kid?
- 873. Something keeps you
from enjoying life?
- 874. Do you need assurances?
- 875. Look, you can be sure I'll kill you
if I lose this deal because of you.
- 876. Does it look suspect?
- 877. OK. You are out.
Get out. Leave me alone. Bye.
- 878. Get out, come on.
- 879. Have a good one.
- 880. Why would I need you?
- 881. I should get rid
of you right now.
- 882. Perhaps you are
starting to love me.
- 883. What do you want?
- 884. How did it go?
- 885. How did what go?
What do you want?
- 886. Did he buy them?
- 887. - What is he talking about?
- I don't know.
- 888. - What do you want?
- my cut. What's due to me.
- 889. What are you talking about?
What the fuck are you talking about?
- 890. Look, you know very well those
stamps are worth nothing.
- 891. I mean, the originals, yes, but what
you are trying to sell to Vidal...
- 892. They are not bad.
They are well done.
- 893. - You want your cut?
- 894. How much?
- 895. - I did you a service.
- I didn't ask.
- 896. I'll tell him, I promise I'll go up
there and tell him they are false.
- 897. If you tell him...
- 898. I'll pull your liver out of your ass
and make you swallow it again.
- 899. Who the fuck do you think
you are talking to?
- 900. - 7.5
- 901. Give me an address
and a phone number.
- 902. I'll get in touch with you.
- 903. How do I know you'll call?
- 904. Do you want me to sign an IOU?
- 905. Among thieves, this is the way it's done.
It's based on trust.
- 906. I'm not a thief.
- 907. Sure. I'm sorry. Come on.
- 908. - I'm at this number in the mornings.
- At what time?
- 909. 8 to 11. Except Wednesdays.
- 910. Go, I'll call you.
- 911. Goddamit!
- 912. Is it this way everywhere?
- 913. We are fucked.
- 914. You are handing out
too many shares.
- 915. No!
- 916. What a mess.
- 917. I lasted...
- 918. four hours.
- 919. - Dreams don't last that long.
- It wasn't a dream.
- 920. It is now.
- 921. What is it?
Every day you lose a fortune?
- 922. No, but...
- 923. there's nothing
to be done, it's over.
- 924. These stamps are fucked up,
- 925. What is it?
- 926. The others, the originals...
- 927. Sandler's sister has got them,
at the Kavanagh.
- 928. - Yes, but Sandler said that...
- Sandler is an asshole.
- 929. We offer her a share.
We tell them they are already sold...
- 930. and that we only need to
deliver them and collect.
- 931. - And if she doesn't want to?
- She'll want.
- 932. The old bag will do it. If not, you
can do your crone seducer part. Come.
- 933. So... the Nueve Reinas.
- 934. Exactly.
- 935. And what did my brother tell you?
- 936. He suggested that perhaps you were
very attached to the collection...
- 937. - and that it would mean a memory for you...
- Of my husband, of course...
- 938. It's true, the stamps
remind me of my husband.
- 939. Square, sticky...
- 940. Anyway, we dared to come
because we thought that...
- 941. with the possibility of
an immediate operation...
- 942. my brother believes I would
never sell those fucking stamps?
- 943. What an asshole!
I wouldn't give them to him.
- 944. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't
sell them if I need the money.
- 945. For some time now I've been thinking
in turning them into something useful.
- 946. I'm running expenses...
- 947. - Your commission is...?
- 948. We would do the operation still today.
- 949. How convenient.
What is the price?
- 950. Fifty thousand, cash.
- 951. Who do you take me for, stooge?
- 952. Excuse me, I honestly don't...
- 953. Cut the acting with me.
- 954. You thing I don't know
those stamps are valuable?
- 955. What's your line of work,
swindling old ladies?
- 956. I don't know the exact value,
and I don't care.
- 957. Let me explain, dear.
- 958. I set a price that makes me happy.
- 959. Whoever wants the stamps
puts that amount on my table...
- 960. and he can take them. That's all.
- 961. No percentages, no consignments,
no down payments.
- 962. Whoever wants them,
pays for them, and takes them.
- 963. And what is the happy figure?
- 964. He speaks...
- 965. - Beautiful virtue...
- How much?
- 966. Let's say... 500.000 dollars.
- 967. Sit down.
- 968. That amount is too high.
- 969. The stamps are not worth that.
- 970. - No?
- 971. Listen...
- 972. - I think we could reach 75.000.
- No way.
- 973. - 450.
- 974. 400.
- 975. - 250.
- We should go.
- 976. 350.000.
- 977. - 200.000, perhaps.
- Let's go, now.
- 978. 250.000 dollars.
- 979. If we were to bring
the money still today...
- 980. would you have
the stamps available?
- 981. Sure.
- 982. - You have them here?
- That's none of your business.
- 983. If you pay today, you have them today.
- 984. What is it?
- 985. We are fucked, aren't we?
This is it.
- 986. We must go on.
- 987. It would be crazy to let go.
We must go on.
- 988. What are you talking about?
- 989. Buying the stamps
from the old bitch.
- 990. Are you crazy?
- 991. No, she asks 250 grand,
they are sold for 450 grand.
- 992. One day of work,
200 grand profit.
- 993. Where are you going to get 250 grand?
- 994. I have some money.
- 995. I could use it.
- 996. - 250 grand?
- No, less.
- 997. Ah, your sister's... that issue.
- 998. I saw an opportunity,
and grabbed it.
- 999. I was swifter than she,
- 1000. If not, she would have
done it to you.
- 1001. Without any doubt.
- 1002. I planned not to use
it for a year or so...
- 1003. until the whole thing blew over,
the trial forgotten.
- 1004. Then we are saved.
- 1005. We buy, we sell, 200 grand
profit, like you say...
- 1006. without risking a cent.
- 1007. But I don't have all the money.
- 1008. I have the inheritance plus something
I can get from the lawyer...
- 1009. plus my money, totals... 200 grand.
- 1010. And where are we going to get the rest?
- 1011. Well, you have 50 grand
for your old man...
- 1012. Until you said it.
- 1013. - You are a bastard!
- Stop it!
- 1014. Do you think I'm an asshole?
- 1015. that I'll give you 50 grand,
everything I have...
- 1016. which is for my father,
that I'll give it to you?
- 1017. For you to do business?
- 1018. You are crazy! I wouldn't
try to fuck you with money.
- 1019. Would I show you the way I do things,
the way I am, how I work?
- 1020. - What sort of a dumb fuck would that
make me? - A very intelligent one.
- 1021. What did you fix?
You arranged it with the old girl?
- 1022. How much does Sandler get, less?
- 1023. You are an idiot. You have an opportunity
sitting on your lap and you can't see it.
- 1024. You have 200 grand, marcos. I have 50.
- 1025. The lady wants 250.
- 1026. Exactly, shithead. Listen.
- 1027. Nobody could invent something like this,
unless it's true.
- 1028. Juan... these things happen, mate.
- 1029. It's a one in a million chance.
Once in a lifetime.
- 1030. It's happening to you an me,
- 1031. One in a million.
- 1032. Fuck you, asshole!
- 1033. you contribute. Fucking hell!
- 1034. Juan, Juan!
- 1035. Thanks for the cigars,
you didn't forget my favorite.
- 1036. - How are you?
- 1037. Although I think
I'd be better at home.
- 1038. This is full of crooks.
- 1039. - And what about the money?
- 1040. I no longer have
two or three months.
- 1041. What happened?
- 1042. Vizcardi will be inhibited,
an issue of jurisdictions.
- 1043. The case will be drawn again
and anyone could be the judge...
- 1044. and anyone won't fix it.
- 1045. So, if I don't get
the money in 10 days...
- 1046. I lose the train.
- 1047. Only ten days?
- 1048. Ten days... three months...
What difference does it make?
- 1049. Where am I going to get 70.000?
- 1050. You can't stay here, dad.
- 1051. - I could...
- Don't even think of it.
- 1052. Am I losing it?
- 1053. - Why?
- Why, what?
- 1054. Why can't I try to help you?
- 1055. Not in the way you are thinking.
- 1056. - Listen...
- No, you listen.
- 1057. I told you a thousand times.
- 1058. I have already made those mistakes.
Don't you do it again.
- 1059. Do you think it's a game?
- 1060. Do you think the guys
who do this are easy?
- 1061. I got fucked a thousand times...
- 1062. and you haven't seen see what I saw.
- 1063. I mean it, don't be dumb.
- 1064. Don't do anything that
could land you here.
- 1065. You wouldn't survive.
- 1066. What must I do for you
- 1067. If you give me a hard time, It'll take
me longer to finish my business.
- 1068. That's it. I'll call the police.
- 1069. I don't know what I'll say,
but you won't stay in my hotel.
- 1070. Your hotel? Is this your hotel?
You'll call the police?
- 1071. Wasn't it enough busting
my balls all my life...
- 1072. occupying mum's place
as soon as she died...
- 1073. and now you want to
fuck me with this?
- 1074. Listen well, I'm only
going to say it once.
- 1075. I am not fucking around
in your hotel.
- 1076. my hard luck is that the guy
is staying here. That's all.
- 1077. If you interfere, in any way...
- 1078. if, for your fault this falls through,
I promise I'll kill you.
- 1079. - You don't kill people.
- You don't know me.
- 1080. - What are you doing?
- Ah, friends!
- 1081. You are here, already.
- 1082. And in good company.
The best in the hotel.
- 1083. You had already met?
- 1084. We've know each other
for a long time.
- 1085. - The lady is my sister.
- 1086. How interesting!
- 1087. I'm about to close a fantastic
deal with your brother.
- 1088. I'm going to make you rich.
- 1089. Him, I'm sure not me.
- 1090. Shit! I seem to notice
some tension in the air.
- 1091. The best would be for
us to go to my room and...
- 1092. - finish our business.
- Let us.
- 1093. Let's finish our business, yes.
- 1094. You OK? Did he hurt you?
- 1095. No, he didn't hurt me. I'm OK.
- 1096. Listen, I've just made a change
in our agreement. An addition.
- 1097. - In the price?
- No, in the package.
- 1098. - I want to include her.
- 1099. Valeria, yes. Knowing she's
your sister makes me hornier.
- 1100. man, it's only one night. Tonight.
- 1101. I've been wanting to fuck her since
the day I got here, but I couldn't.
- 1102. And now I can.
- 1103. Do you want the money?
- 1104. - Convince her.
- If she doesn't want to?
- 1105. Then the deal is cancelled.
- 1106. You are willing to give up
the stamps for a piece of ass?
- 1107. more than you are willing
to give up the money.
- 1108. Have her bring me the stamps.
But it's got to be her.
- 1109. I won't receive anyone else.
- 1110. What happened?
- 1111. If it were any other woman I have
50 different ways to convince her.
- 1112. And all good.
- 1113. But not her.
It's different with her.
- 1114. - Valeria won't go for it.
- How do you know?
- 1115. For what I've seen so far...
- 1116. You like her, shithead.
- 1117. I saw you looking at her.
- 1118. You must believe she's a saint.
- 1119. Can't you see the way
she swings her ass?
- 1120. There are no saints.
- 1121. There are different tariffs,
- 1122. Do you like men?
- 1123. Would you fuck a guy?
- 1124. - You wouldn't fuck a guy for 10.000?
- 1125. 10.000, it's a lot of money.
- 1126. No.
- 1127. If I gave you 20.000?
- 1128. - Real money. All for you.
- 1129. - 50.000 dollars.
- 1130. 500.000.
- 1131. You see?
- 1132. We are not lacking pillow biters,
- 1133. - Have you seen Valeria?
- Over there.
- 1134. Valeria...
- 1135. I have nothing to say to you.
- 1136. - Give me a minute.
- I don't want to listen.
- 1137. It's about our grandparent's money.
- 1138. Chito, go get Federico,
tell him to come a minute.
- 1139. No need to bring in the kid.
- 1140. Why not? We share expenses,
we are roommates.
- 1141. - He's got a right to know.
- To know what?
- 1142. Whatever it is you are going
to propose to me. I know you.
- 1143. What do I have that interests you?
- 1144. I'm doing a big deal
with Vidal Gandolfo.
- 1145. - What is it? You again? What happened?
- What are you doing?
- 1146. You tell him, or shall I?
- 1147. Your brother wants me to sleep with
a guy so that he can make a deal...
- 1148. and wants to give me money for it.
- 1149. - Some of the money he stole from us.
- It's not true.
- 1150. You are a bastard!
- 1151. What does it take for you to
say the truth, ate least once?
- 1152. Not again.
Why did you call?
- 1153. I want you to listen
your brother's proposal.
- 1154. This is between you and I.
Leave him out of it.
- 1155. - He's right, bye.
- Fede, Fede!
- 1156. Tell him the truth.
- 1157. I'll win the trial.
- 1158. I don't want the money,
I want you to tell him the truth.
- 1159. He'll decide the rest.
- 1160. If I tell him the truth,
you'll go with Vidal?
- 1161. Yes.
- 1162. And how do
I know you'll do your part?
- 1163. Give me your word.
- 1164. That was always your weak spot.
- 1165. I give you my word.
- 1166. Fede, come!
- 1167. And now, what?
- 1168. Are you sure?
- 1169. The truth can hurt.
- 1170. It's a complicated affair.
- 1171. Your sister is right about
our grandparents inheritance.
- 1172. my lawyer blocked
the estate in Italy...
- 1173. and submitted me as only heir.
- 1174. and split the money.
- 1175. Don't give me that...
- 1176. Tell me it's not true.
- 1177. I'd love to, but I can't.
- 1178. That business of the middle man
in Italy stealing the money, the taxes...?
- 1179. I didn't want you to find out that...
- 1180. That my big brother robbed
me and lied to me.
- 1181. It was a lot of money.
- 1182. What's that about
sleeping with a guy?
- 1183. Your sister is a grownup,
she knows what she's doing, Fede.
- 1184. Don't call me Fede!
- 1185. Don't say anything.
- 1186. That's it, then.
- 1187. Go with Vidal.
- 1188. make sure the money is good...
- 1189. and count it,
I don't want to be screwed.
- 1190. The put it here.
- 1191. Let's go downstairs.
What can we do here?
- 1192. Hey, hey!
- 1193. - Is she out?
- 1194. - Did you sleep at all?
- 1195. Not everybody is lucky to have...
- 1196. - a clean conscience.
- A what?
- 1197. - Be careful, man.
- Vidal... Vidal!
- 1198. my dear friend,
you came to say goodbye.
- 1199. Nice gesture.
- 1200. - The money...
- The girl's got it, like I told you.
- 1201. By the way, I don't know what's her cut
in this, but whatever it is, it's not enough.
- 1202. What a woman!
- 1203. mr. Vidal.
- 1204. No, he can't leave.
She didn't come down yet... Vidal.
- 1205. Hear that? This is fun.
I can't leave!
- 1206. The girl hasn't come down yet.
- 1207. I can't leave?
- 1208. A check?
- 1209. A check? You are such an asshole!
- 1210. What is it?
The dago is hung like a horse?
- 1211. - How can you take a check?
- A registered check.
- 1212. A check certified by the bank.
It's the same as cash.
- 1213. I know perfectly well what a certified
check is. He didn't have time to do it.
- 1214. We fixed the price yesterday afternoon.
- 1215. He had several checks
with different figures.
- 1216. He must have fixed yours
considering the checks he had.
- 1217. He had one for 600 and another for 650.
- 1218. You came out cheap.
- 1219. How do you know that?
- 1220. The hotel has an executive
- 1221. We did it for him.
- 1222. The same as cash.
- 1223. It's 45 minutes
before the bank opens.
- 1224. Have a drink, I have to
make a couple of calls.
- 1225. - It's over.
- This will never be over.
- 1226. - No, I referred to this business.
- me too.
- 1227. - How is Federico?
- He'll be fine.
- 1228. - It's the Banco Sudamericano de Crédito.
- I've noticed.
- 1229. A friend of mine works there.
- 1230. Not really a friend. A guy I once did
a favor to. I put him in business.
- 1231. I wanted to say something.
I wanted to apologize.
- 1232. - Why?
- Because I didn't trust you.
- 1233. The truth is I though you
were fucking me.
- 1234. I wanted...
- 1235. to thank you.
- 1236. After all...
- 1237. I forgot the cigarettes.
- 1238. - Excuse me.
- I'm sorry.
- 1239. Let's go?
- 1240. I thought the bank was nearby.
- 1241. Turco, son of a bitch.
It serves him right for disappearing.
- 1242. He'll want to die when he finds out.
- 1243. Good pair, you and I.
- 1244. Yes, but no.
- 1245. We settle the numbers,
collect, and that's it.
- 1246. - Really?
- Yes, sir...
- 1247. It's over.
- 1248. We split the cash, and that's it.
- 1249. You are offended because
I made you make a fortune?
- 1250. - You and I are different, marcos.
- 1251. Of course we are different.
You know what is the difference?
- 1252. That I can handle what I do.
- 1253. You are afraid of being singled out.
- 1254. You think you are better than I am?
- 1255. You are the worst kind.
You are a coward.
- 1256. You want the money, but you
don't want to get your hands dirty.
- 1257. Do you know what is the difference?
- 1258. To be a bastard you need balls.
- 1259. To be a real bastard...
- 1260. No, wait, Castrito,
let me explain. Please!
- 1261. Over there. Come!
- 1262. Get in there!
- 1263. Castrito, let me explain.
I was going to pay you!
- 1264. - my mother got sick.
- Your mother is dead!
- 1265. - Right, she got sick, and died...
- Shut up!
- 1266. Piece of shit! For a year you've
been fucking me with the same old story!
- 1267. I want my money, now!
Or I'll fuck you up!
- 1268. - Please, I beg you!
- Stop begging!
- 1269. I want my money now.
Or I'll kill you like a dog.
- 1270. Kid...
- 1271. Are you joking?
- 1272. You want to get killed
for a fucking check?
- 1273. The thing is...
what did you do with the money?
- 1274. I hid it.
- 1275. I didn't want to risk
being robbed again.
- 1276. Give it to me.
- 1277. No, if you kill me, no money.
- 1278. - Then I'll kill him.
- Go ahead.
- 1279. I will kill him.
- 1280. - Such is life.
- 1281. - No.
- 1282. Why?
- 1283. - Because he said "fucking check"
- 1284. - You said "check" instead of "bread"
- I didn't say check.
- 1285. Yes, you did.
- 1286. I didn't say check.
- 1287. Yes, you said check.
- 1288. You called me upon short notice,
I had no time to prepare.
- 1289. Fuck off, nitwit!
You are an asshole, get out!
- 1290. And my fifty?
- 1291. - I need fifty to pay for the gun.
- Stick that gun up your ass.
- 1292. Fucking shithead!
- 1293. You understand why I need you?
- 1294. Why do you look like a raped virgin?
What is it?
- 1295. Don't you know my line of business?
What did you expect?
- 1296. A miracle.
- 1297. Come on, let's go.
The bank is already open.
- 1298. - Give me the check.
- I carry the check.
- 1299. No... the deal is mine.
Give me the check.
- 1300. Cárdenas, Cárdenas!
- 1301. - What happened, Cárdenas?
- What are you doing here?
- 1302. You are lucky.
- 1303. At other time I would have gone out
and beat the shit out of you.
- 1304. No, I'll return it to you. A problem
with my accountant. What happened?
- 1305. What happened?
We were all royally screwed.
- 1306. We found out this morning
when we got here.
- 1307. They held as long as possible,
and when the thing got rough...
- 1308. they sold all the assets and took off.
- 1309. - Who?
- The Board?
- 1310. All eleven. They took 135 million.
- 1311. The Central Bank already knew.
But they only got involved today.
- 1312. - I've got to go.
- Wait... come.
- 1313. This is good?
- 1314. - Wow... what are you into?
- Cárdenas! Is it good or not?
- 1315. maybe.
But what difference does it make?
- 1316. Wait... this is for you?
- 1317. You were going to cash this?
- 1318. You'll have to shove
it up your ass, marquitos.
- 1319. Hey...
- 1320. - How many?
- Give me two.
- 1321. None for me.
- 1322. Who said you could use my chips?
- 1323. - Not yours, your father's.
- Don't interrupt.
- 1324. Are you tired, Sebastián,
or in a bad mood?
- 1325. Boris, at the theatre
you also drink as much?
- 1326. You know what happens?
- 1327. I do a better dago when drunk.
- 1328. The guy from the bank called,
the one who tipped you about the closing.
- 1329. Cárdenas?
- 1330. Yes, he says he'll come
to collect later today.
- 1331. - What about Turco?
- He also called.
- 1332. He wants to know if he can stay
another week with your cousin.
- 1333. What are you staring at?
- 1334. You were scared, kid.
- 1335. Never.
- 1336. By any chance, do you remember
a song by Rita Pavone...
- 1337. a song they used for a film...
- 1338. a long time ago...
- 1339. Come on, Berta...
- 1340. Nice kiss you gave me at the hotel.
- 1341. I couldn't help it.
- 1342. Happy first anniversary
- 1343. Isn't it too much?
- 1344. - It's yours.
- And yours.
- 1345. - minus expenses.
- 1346. Nothing, nothing...
- 1347. And this?
- 1348. This belonged to my mother.
- 1349. my grandmother gave it to her.
- 1350. It's been in the family for...
- 1351. a hundred years.
- 1352. I remembered!
- 1353. I remembered it!