- 1. Unemployment is up,
says the Department of Labor...
- 2. with nearly 200,000 more claims
for unemployment last month.
- 3. Americans with income
below poverty line rose to 2 million...
- 4. compared to 1.6 million in 1979.
- 5. Economists say economic inequality...
- 6. is at its worst level since
the Great Depression.
- 7. The percentage
of after-tax income...
- 8. for the rich rose 3 percent...
- 9. while after-tax income
for the poor fell.2 percent.
- 10. Homelessness is high.
- 11. A shooting in Harlem
resulted in a 7-year-old boy's death.
- 12. Police say the shooting
- 13. Said the police,
"The kid got in the way."
- 14. Bodies of 3 young black men...
- 15. were discovered in Garvey Park.
- 16. Police believe they were victims
of a drug deal gone bad.
- 17. Identity of the victims
has been withheld.
- 18. Firemen were summoned to extract
a man from a ventilator duct.
- 19. The man became trapped when he
entered the duct to rob the premises.
- 20. The deficit now stands
at an astounding $221 billion.
- 21. A reputed crime lord...
- 22. and 10 of his men
were gunned down today.
- 23. Witnesses said the gunmen
rode past Mr. Armeteo...
- 24. and sprayed the group with gunfire.
- 25. The shooting was the result
of an ongoing turf war.
- 26. Biff...
- 27. look at you now.
- 28. Nino, please!
- 29. Don't bitch up. You don't have
my product or money.
- 30. You got to give me another chance!
- 31. Brothers don't wait to get paid.
Money talks. Bullshit runs the marathon.
- 32. So see you,
and I wouldn't want to be you.
- 33. The number of
addicted infants born in Manhattan...
- 34. has risen over the past few years.
Hospital officials say...
- 35. that the care required by these
victims of the cocaine epidemic...
- 36. has severely impacted the
available resources for pediatric care.
- 37. In other news, an unidentified man
found floating in the East River...
- 38. is believed to be another victim
in an ongoing drug war...
- 39. that continues to plague our city.
- 40. Get out of my shit!
- 41. Thine is the kingdom, the power
and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.
- 42. I like to pray before I scramble.
Keeps people honest.
- 43. Say that shit, say that shit.
- 44. Do this now. What's your price?
- 45. Yo, man. For you, Bob Marley, 17.
- 46. For a key? You must be
doing the dope. Bring this down.
- 47. Be realistic.
- 48. I want a lower price. Down.
- 49. This ain't Delancey Street.
That's my price. Take it or leave it.
- 50. Check this out, homeboy.
God's on your side, right?
- 51. Why don't we do this reasonable?
- 52. You want to do this
correct or not? Seventeen.
- 53. Let me see the money.
- 54. Come on. Let's do this, man.
- 55. What you know about that?
- 56. Move, move, move!
- 57. Stop, before I shoot!
- 58. Everybody out! Get down!
- 59. Everybody down! Police!
- 60. You think you slick, you little punk,
blasphemous, dope-fiend bitch!
- 61. Spit in my face, I'm gonna kill you!
- 62. You fucking that kid up.
He's kicking his monkey ass.
- 63. Ease back, goddamn it! I'm a cop!
- 64. Shut the fuck up!
- 65. It's over. You have the right
to remain silent.
- 66. Anything you say can and will be used
against you in a court of law.
- 67. I'm gonna get paid.
- 68. If I make this, you're gonna have
to come out your pockets.
- 69. Ain't made that shot in years.
Pay your taxes.
- 70. I'm like the IRS.
- 71. That's it! I love it.
- 72. Yo, Gee!
- 73. What's up? Where you going?
- 74. Remember when we was kids...
- 75. we played for Reverend Oates'
Moab Bitty Squad?
- 76. I was 11, you was 13.
We was the baddest backcourt...
- 77. and Each-One Teach-One.
- 78. We wasn't making no money then.
- 79. And now that we are, you're here
living your Michael Jordan fantasy.
- 80. Business must be good.
- 81. It will be, brother.
- 82. Peep this out.
- 83. Freebase. So what?
- 84. Yo, man, you know the rules.
- 85. Us brothers don't be getting high.
- 86. Shut the fuck up and drive the car,
you non-talking bastard.
- 87. You been making money
outside the family?
- 88. I just been doing a little
- 89. A little experimentation-type thing.
- 90. At the clubs, guys step away
from the blackjack table or the bar...
- 91. to buy $50 or $100 worth of sniff.
- 92. I set them up with a hit
of the base.
- 93. Fifteen minutes after leaving,
they be back with 2 and 3 people.
- 94. So what?
- 95. They ain't come back for the cocaine.
They came back for the base.
- 96. You sound like
this shit'll change the world.
- 97. I don't know about all that
"change the world" shit, but I know...
- 98. they be going crazy over this.
And the bitches...
- 99. Oh, Lord! Them bitches!
They do anything for this, man!
- 100. I had my jimmy waxed every day
last week. You understand?
- 101. Several times a day.
- 102. Get the fuck out of here!
- 103. I know damn well ain't nobody
sucked your shriveled-up dick.
- 104. You trying to dis me?
- 105. I'm just telling the truth.
That's all I'm doing.
- 106. Several times a day, my ass.
- 107. All right, let me think about this
a little bit.
- 108. Money, you think this base...
- 109. is the high-powered shit?
- 110. We gonna come off like the Mob.
You understand what I'm saying?
- 111. Welcome to the Spotlite,
where we make the beat right...
- 112. and we can't fight.
So leave your drugs and go home.
- 113. DJ Clark Kent.
- 114. Rocking from turntable number one
to turntable number two.
- 115. Just like he want to do.
- 116. You gonna frisk me too?
- 117. Also if you didn't know
This is called "The Shuffle"
- 118. Yo, my boy, Nino in the house.
Yo, Nino. What's up?
- 119. You want a flower?
- 120. - A-yo, Doug
- 121. - Put your Bally's on
- Yo, Rick, I was about to
- 122. But I need a shoehorn
- 123. - Why?
- Because these shoes always hurt my corns
- 124. Six minutes
- 125. Six minutes
Doug E Fresh, you're on
- 126. I think you'll like him. Here he is.
- 127. What's up, crew?
- 128. Nino, your girl looks good.
- 129. You must like slumming, Kareem.
- 130. Why would a guy like you leave
a good computer job at the bank...
- 131. come all the way uptown
by gypsy cab...
- 132. to work among a den of thieves?
- 133. I'm no dummy.
- 134. It's basic common sense and arithmetic.
- 135. The difference between
them paying me $800 a week...
- 136. and you paying me $8000 a week.
- 137. I think my cousin also likes the fact...
- 138. that you're in the tradition
of Joe Kennedy.
- 139. Who?
- 140. Good. Because you got to rob
to get rich in the Reagan era.
- 141. They running a strange program.
- 142. More poor and disenfranchised folks
than this place has ever seen.
- 143. They try to act like it don't exist.
- 144. - Meanwhile, the rich get richer—
- And the poor get nothing.
- 145. Times like these, people want
to get high. Real high and real fast.
- 146. And this is gonna do it.
- 147. And make us rich.
- 148. I mean, what?
People going crazy over this?
- 149. It look like cracked-off
pieces of soap.
- 150. The Colombians and Dominicans
have shown us the way.
- 151. The shit is large.
- 152. But we'll do it differently.
- 153. No more selling on street corners.
- 154. Change the product,
you change the marketing strategy.
- 155. I've seen the future.
- 156. And its name is The Carter.
- 157. Hold up. The Carter Apartments,
that joint is big.
- 158. We're talking about
combinating and consolidating.
- 159. You're taking over The Carter?
- 160. We taking over The Carter. We gonna
bum rush the whole damn thing.
- 161. Now just imagine,
if the tenants cooperate, it's lovely.
- 162. They become loyal customers.
- 163. If they don't, it's like Beirut.
They become live-in hostages.
- 164. We gonna set up a lab here,
to make the product.
- 165. You hook up the computer, watch the
workers, the money and the product.
- 166. The Duh Duh Man, Keisha,
we need security...
- 167. to ward off the rival crews,
to screen out customers.
- 168. We also need lookouts...
- 169. here, here and here.
- 170. Alert us of five-o.
- 171. One place to make the product.
One place to collect our money.
- 172. We will own this fucking city.
- 173. You's a genius, man. A pure, un—
- 174. Unadulterated. Would you please shut
the fuck up before you have a seizure?
- 175. Hey, man, suck my...
- 176. dick!
- 177. It's a brilliant plan.
- 178. But one thing concerns me.
- 179. That curry-goat-eating, skinny-ass,
- 180. He controls The Carter.
Time to sing that fat bitch a lullaby.
- 181. Rock-a-bye baby.
- 182. He'll be hanging with Elvis.
- 183. Damn.
- 184. Crack.
- 185. Sell my stuff
and stop talking to that bitch.
- 186. Let me speak with you.
- 187. Rastaman, I'm here to tell you
Nino Brown says...
- 188. your services are no longer
needed in the community.
- 189. That's how you kill somebody.
Get up on the motherfucker and blam!
- 190. Blow his brains all over the sidewalk,
in broad daylight.
- 191. Rock-a-bye baby.
- 192. Brother, I think there's been
a little misunderstanding.
- 193. Now look, you are gonna give up
those apartments, huh?
- 194. And you are gonna turn over
control of The Carter.
- 195. Because if you don't...
- 196. this shotgun blows your big,
fat head off...
- 197. before you can get
your clothes back on.
- 198. - Is that clear?
- Yes, sir!
- 199. Go ahead. Go ahead.
- 200. Living
- 201. Living just enough
- 202. Living just for the city
- 203. - Living, living, living
- Living just enough
- 204. - And now we're living
- Living just enough
- 205. For the city
Living, living, living
- 206. For the New Jack City
- 207. Do things, do things,
Do things, bad things with it
- 208. Do things, do things, do things,
Bad things with it
- 209. Almighty dollar
- 210. People don't let money
- 211. Don't let money change you
- 212. Don't let money change it
- 213. For the love of money,
People will steal from their brother
- 214. For the love of money,
People will rob their own mother
- 215. Money, money
- 216. Just enough
- 217. For the city I live in
- 218. Living in a New
- 219. Jack
- 220. City
- 221. Oh, yeah
- 222. If you just say "no,"
what will you say "yes" to?
- 223. We say "yes" to education.
- 224. We say "yes" to dedication.
We climb up...
- 225. to a higher station
of new spiritual motivation...
- 226. to make a positive impact
on our nation.
- 227. Sergeant, I'm talking to you.
- 228. I want to know how drug pushers can
take over an apartment building...
- 229. right under your noses.
- 230. If you lived in The Carter Apartments,
there'd be cops all over the place.
- 231. Hey, don't walk away. Listen to me!
- 232. I fought for this country. We pay taxes
and we're prisoners in our home.
- 233. Excuse me, excuse me.
- 234. I told the commissioner
you were running late.
- 235. You got those files?
- 236. - Let's hope he buys it.
- All right.
- 237. Peretti and Appleton?
No way, Stone.
- 238. Who else you got?
- 239. They're the ones I need.
- 240. Nick Peretti almost killed
- 241. - Scotty Appleton's on suspension.
- 242. Semantics, Stone.
- 243. These two are trouble.
- 244. You and I know the system
wasn't ready for this epidemic.
- 245. Crack came on the scene
and spread like wildfire.
- 246. Now I got the mayor
and the governor on my back.
- 247. I need some results.
- 248. You get me Nino Brown!
- 249. Forget Peretti and Appleton.
The risk is too high.
- 250. With all due respect, sir...
- 251. you still don't get it.
- 252. You're not giving me what I need
to win this war:
- 253. Cops that know these streets.
- 254. I need new jack cops
for a new jack gangster.
- 255. What you call a risk,
I think is our only shot.
- 256. Let's go.
- 257. Stone!
- 258. Okay.
- 259. You got your men.
- 260. But I don't want any waves.
- 261. Not a goddamn ripple.
- 262. Who the hell is this
psychedelic, blotter-acid fool?
- 263. Be cool.
- 264. This is Detective Nick Peretti,
a motorcycle-freak, reject cop like you.
- 265. A wild man that no one wants.
- 266. He means I'm expendable.
- 267. Whatever, man. What did you
come here for? To watch me exercise?
- 268. I came here to lay a name on you.
- 269. His sidekick,
Gerald "Gee Money" Wells?
- 270. - The Cash Money Brothers.
Stuck up two-bit jewelry stores.
- 271. Yeah, thrill-seekers, wannabe
gangsters. I hate them. So, what's up?
- 272. What's up is this:
We need some evidence.
- 273. Evidence of murder,
- 274. racketeering, tax evasion.
- 275. We've never been able
to make anything stick on Brown.
- 276. No shit. One-third of
the department's on Nino's payroll.
- 277. Other two-thirds don't care
unless it affects their community.
- 278. What you saying?
- 279. Listen.
I've been authorized to set up...
- 280. an independent drug-fighting unit
and I'm picking you.
- 281. Why me?
What do you mean?
- 282. You're from the neighborhood.
I can trust you.
- 283. And I know you give a shit.
- 284. So, what's the catch?
- 285. There's no catch.
Why you got to say that?
- 286. - Because I know your ass, Stone.
- Peretti goes with you.
- 287. This big, biscuit-head looking—
- 288. Listen! It won't be another
one of your wild-ass solo acts.
- 289. Peretti's the only cop I could find
crazy enough to team with you.
- 290. This is my shot.
- 291. And you fuck up, it's all on me.
- 292. I want to thank you because you know
I want to get back in this war.
- 293. But this guy, man...
- 294. You in or out?
- 295. I'm in, all right?
- 296. What do you mean,
Frazier won't give up the apartments?
- 297. I'm not asking him, I'm telling him!
- 298. I'll handle that fat bastard myself.
- 299. We're honored.
No, I'm honored. Really.
- 300. We understand you have
a new Peruvian connection.
- 301. So, what of it?
- 302. We know you're centralizing
operations at The Carter.
- 303. And you didn't notify Don Armeteo,
who takes such things as an insult.
- 304. - Your point?
- My point is...
- 305. you fucking guys are cutting us out
of our agreed upon 10 percent.
- 306. It's time we renegotiate.
- 307. I tell you what, message boy.
- 308. You go back and tell Don Armeteo:
- 309. "No renegotiating." Fuck that!
- 310. The Cash Money Brothers
are a self-contained unit now.
- 311. But you come see me next week.
- 312. And I'll hook you up with some
collard green linguinis and shit.
- 313. Chicken Alfredo. Chitlins Alfredo.
- 314. Maybe get a better suit!
- 315. Fuck you.
- 316. Nino, I don't know.
- 317. Frankie's an all-right guy.
- 318. Fuck them scungili-eating
- 319. This is ours. They don't want
to roll with it, we'll roll over them.
- 320. This moolanyan...
- 321. must have an MX missile instead
of a cock, he gets up so high.
- 322. Our snitch was right.
- 323. Nino and his Cash Money monkeys...
- 324. are dealing with the spicaroos
up on Broadway and 171 st.
- 325. He don't even deny it.
- 326. Nor does he accept
our partnership no more.
- 327. Now, Gee Money, he was cool.
- 328. It was that testa dura, Nino.
- 329. You know what I say?
- 330. Lay down with Peruvian dogs,
you get Spanish fleas.
- 331. Soon Nino will itch.
- 332. We'll be there
to scratch the hell out of him.
- 333. 1700 hours.
- 334. Suspects hand out consumables
and the natives are restless.
- 335. Yo, shut the fuck up, man!
- 336. Ten years as a low-life,
- 337. Nino's purchasing a conscience.
I ain't buying this Robin Hood shit.
- 338. Oh, shit!
That's the kid I shot!
- 339. Why don't you lose weight? You look
like a boiled yam wearing a belt!
- 340. What's up? Glad to see
somebody cares about the needy.
- 341. Why don't you give me a turkey?
- 342. Look at your funky, black ass.
First you want to be a stickup kid.
- 343. But then you got shot.
Now you's a basehead.
- 344. You're messed up.
Your life is crap.
- 345. I know I look like stir-fried shit.
- 346. Hook me up with some food.
- 347. There's a line. You got to wait.
- 348. Give him something to eat.
- 349. Hook me up.
- 350. This all I get?
- 351. You want more?
- 352. I'm a veteran.
- 353. Here. How's that, all right?
- 354. Clean yourself up,
maybe I'll give you a job.
- 355. All right, man.
Want to buy a turkey?
- 356. I'm keeping an eye on him.
- 357. You don't deserve that turkey.
I hooked you up for that last get-high.
- 358. Why I got to be owing you?
- 359. I was prom queen of King High School.
- 360. This is beneath me.
- 361. You used to be prom queen, now you're
the prom fiend. Look at you!
- 362. Hey what? Didn't I hook you up?
- 363. Didn't I get that pipe from the Iranian
who tried to beat me out of $5?
- 364. Didn't I speak to your mother after
she called me a homeless bastard?
- 365. Add all that up...
- 366. and the fact that I can beat
your ass. I say it's my turkey!
- 367. Get away!
Get the fuck away!
- 368. Stop beating on her!
- 369. Let go of me, man.
- 370. Beat her up over a turkey.
You're a poor excuse for a brother.
- 371. Shit, man! Fuck! Shit!
It's a cop! It's a cop!
- 372. Shut up!
- 373. Shut up or I'll blow your brains out.
- 374. Don't hurt me.
- 375. - Shut up!
- I know I was wrong to beat that girl.
- 376. Crack has got me.
- 377. I got no control over it.
I tried to kick...
- 378. but the shit be calling me.
It calling me. I got to go to it.
- 379. - I need help, man.
- Come on, man.
- 380. We got a crack monster.
Your mother's a monster!
- 381. Hold him.
What you writing?
- 382. "Pookie" Benny Robinson. Your name.
- 383. I'm trying to help you.
You ain't helping nobody!
- 384. It's for your own good.
- 385. - They'll hook you up.
- I'm gonna die!
- 386. They're gonna help you.
They'll help you.
- 387. I had pretty much
everything I ever wanted.
- 388. Everything I thought I wanted.
- 389. I always had a need for acceptance.
- 390. All my friends were doing it.
- 391. Thought I could quit anytime.
- 392. That's when I woke up in the hospital.
- 393. It's a very simple program.
- 394. We only ask that you don't use
or drink, one day at a time.
- 395. Don't leave before the miracle happens.
- 396. This program has revolving doors.
- 397. But just because you go out,
don't mean you can come back in.
- 398. It's crazy, because...
- 399. I did everything. I whored.
I ripped my family off.
- 400. I was so scandalous,
I would even sell my baby's Pampers.
- 401. I have a crack baby.
- 402. He was born blind.
- 403. I know why he's blind.
Everybody knows why he's blind.
- 404. I kept telling myself I was
gonna kick, but I never did.
- 405. I'm a junkie.
- 406. I'll be a junkie the rest of my life.
- 407. It's the first time
I've been away for so long...
- 408. and personally, I hope I never see
you motherfuckers again.
- 409. When I get out, I'll just take
everything one day at a time.
- 410. One day at a time.
- 411. We love you, Pookie!
- 412. Chill out. You been out two minutes
and already you want a job.
- 413. It's not just a job.
You saved my life.
- 414. Let me pay you back.
Let me help you bring Nino down.
- 415. He promised me a job.
I'll take his money...
- 416. - ... and report to you.
- I don't know.
- 417. You know what will happen
if I stay on the streets.
- 418. I need to be a part of something.
If you don't believe in me, who will?
- 419. Cool. You been inside, checked
out the operations. Let's get down to business.
- 420. All right, Pookie.
Parks, come help me out.
- 421. Tell me what goes on in this dump.
- 422. It took me a while,
but I've been through the whole joint.
- 423. First, you got to show
a membership card to this runner.
- 424. It's like a video club.
- 425. Nino's got it hooked up
like Mission: Impossible.
- 426. Walking through that courtyard's
like a nightmare.
- 427. It's a nation full of zombies.
- 428. On the 2nd floor, a worker
rings a buzzer and a code.
- 429. A little panel on the wall opens up,
you get the crack.
- 430. The code, the buzzer, where that go?
- 431. The call goes to the Drug
Store where they make the crack.
- 432. I heard they got everybody in there
butt-naked. Titties hanging...
- 433. Nino don't trust a motherfucker.
- 434. Nino's one sick genius.
- 435. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
What happens at the Drug Store?
- 436. You can take your goodies home,
or stay at the Enterprise.
- 437. What's the Enterprise?
- 438. What am I, your ghetto tour guide?
- 439. They got all this equipment
and you don't know shit.
- 440. When you're smoking crack, they say
you're "beaming up to Scotty."
- 441. You're going to another world.
- 442. Crack is the "final frontier."
- 443. That's why they call that room
- 444. People sit down and light that
glass dick and take a hit.
- 445. It's scary. Their eyes look like
a rocket, getting ready to blast off.
- 446. Nino has most of the apartments?
- 447. Man, are you deaf, or what?
The boy controls the whole place.
- 448. Nino Brown's a mad scientist.
- 449. Marvin said it. "The boy that made
slaves out of men." That's Nino!
- 450. That's deep.
- 451. Six, five, four, three,
- 452. Happy New Year!
- 453. Welcome to the Spotlite
with the Flavor Flav.
- 454. Everybody say "Happy...
- 455. New Year!"
- 456. This is the fruit of our hard work.
The belief in entrepreneurial spirit.
- 457. The new American dream.
- 458. A toast.
- 459. A toast to my family, in life...
- 460. until death.
- 461. Happy New Year.
- 462. To CMB. On and on.
- 463. - Am I my brother's keeper?
- Yes, I am!
- 464. Am I my brother's keeper?
- 465. Yes, I am!
- 466. I am!
- 467. Another brother wants to win
The Hustler of the Year Award
- 468. How many Benzes and BMs
Can one man afford?
- 469. It ain't just him
It's also you and you and that guy
- 470. Who won't be satisfied
Till all the bosses getting high
- 471. One hit for her—
- 472. Look at it.
- 473. A big reason for this success is you.
- 474. But this ain't about success.
- 475. This is about survival.
- 476. We ain't going out like Puss Head,
shot up over a $10 bag. You know?
- 477. You got to be smarter than that.
- 478. We got to look out for one another.
- 479. I feel the same way.
- 480. Nothing and no one
will come between you and me.
- 481. Never.
- 482. Right?
- 483. I love you.
- 484. I love you too.
- 485. Let's go get busy.
- 486. Frank Needles out here.
- 487. Let him in.
- 488. Nino!
- 489. My ace boon coon!
How you doing?
- 490. Happy New Year.
What's the matter...
- 491. too rich to toast the New Year
with an old friend?
- 492. If it isn't the thinking man's Rocky.
How are you doing?
- 493. Great. Love the hair.
- 494. The Don and I, we was thinking,
let's let bygones be bygones.
- 495. We congratulate you on your new
success. To show our good faith...
- 496. a gift from the Don.
- 497. Hey. Open it.
- 498. To the moolanyan in charge.
- 499. All the best, babe.
- 500. You motherfucking creep!
Think you'll get away with that?
- 501. I just did.
- 502. Step off, Gigantor!
- 503. Now get their silly, spaghetti-eating
asses out of my office.
- 504. Frank, come on. Let's go.
Let's get out of here!
- 505. It's total slamboyancy
in the Spotlite tonight.
- 506. You're about to get rocked by some
cool, mellow fellows from Brooklyn.
- 507. I'm talking about Aaron, Damien,
Teddy, Slim, Guy.
- 508. Give it up.
- 509. Well, all right.
- 510. Slim, give a little bit of bass.
- 511. This is the sound
Grab your partner and get down
- 512. Everyone must know
- 513. We've been here before
And we're gonna give you more
- 514. Its time to let it show
- 515. Music is funky
Girls are so fine
- 516. So sweet and vital
- 517. Gotta get the booty
Gotta get the booty
- 518. Before it's too late
- 519. Can't belive a thing
About the new jack swing
- 520. New Jack City
New Jack City
- 521. When the party's over
And it's time to make that move
- 522. Somebody gotta win
- 523. Gee Money, come here,
come here, come here.
- 524. That the skeezer you met
- 525. Yeah, Uniqua.
- 526. What's up?
You fucking her correctly or what?
- 527. Once, but I just met her.
I need time to get to know her.
- 528. I heard that.
- 529. Lord, have mercy.
- 530. New Jack City
- 531. You want to play rough?
- 532. Say hello to my little friend.
- 533. The world is mine.
- 534. And the brothers too, now.
Don't forget us.
- 535. The world is yours, Nino.
- 536. Only you won't be as careless
as Tony Montana, now will you?
- 537. You absolutely right.
- 538. I like this girl of yours.
- 539. He ain't got no papers,
or a leash on me.
- 540. You know what happens
when dogs don't have a leash?
- 541. They run the streets
and fuck everything in sight.
- 542. It's true. I ain't got no papers
or no leash on her.
- 543. But nothing comes between us.
- 544. The world is mine!
- 545. All mine!
- 546. What the fuck are you doing up there?
- 547. A man like you, Nino,
needs to leave a legacy.
- 548. A son. A mark to let the world know
that he was here.
- 549. I wanna make you feel all right
- 550. You know, you absolutely right.
- 551. Shit. It ain't like I ain't been trying.
Ain't that right, Selina baby, huh?
- 552. - Hey, Nino...
- She can't have kids.
- 553. She can't fuck, either.
- 554. Maybe that's why
she can't have kids.
- 555. That ain't right, man.
That ain't right.
- 556. She can't?
- 557. Too bad.
- 558. You're goddamn right that's too bad.
- 559. All night
- 560. That's much too bad.
- 561. I wanna sex you up
- 562. Say, do you feel lonely, girl?
- 563. Nino, you need to go get your girl.
- 564. Whoo!
- 565. You're right. I tell you what.
- 566. Oh, baby, let's make love tonight
- 567. If I was you, I'd be looking
for the pimples on her booty.
- 568. Why the fuck did you have
to say that shit?
- 569. I told you before she couldn't
make no babies!
- 570. I love you!
- 571. And now you're taking me for granted.
How can you do that?
- 572. This is corny!
This is soap opera shit!
- 573. - You act like I owe you something.
- You do.
- 574. I don't owe you jack!
- 575. Okay, you did give me
a couple of books to read.
- 576. And you helped build the brothers.
But I was your ticket out of boredom.
- 577. When your rich doctor daddy was
making house calls at Harlem General.
- 578. What's up with that? Right?
- 579. When your kleptomaniac mother
was housing shit in Bloomingdales.
- 580. Don't throw shit in my face—
- 581. You ever touch me again,
- 582. I wanna sex you up
- 583. All night
Girl you make me feel good
- 584. I want to
I wanna sex you up
- 585. Make sweet lovin all night long
- 586. Yeah, I'm aware of that situation.
- 587. Your man hired an ex-dealer.
- 588. I know it seems unconventional.
Appleton and Peretti report to me.
- 589. - Is it out of control?
- 590. Don't blow this.
- 591. - Does the commissioner know about it?
- Not yet.
- 592. Good.
- 593. I told you about
that new jack cop shit.
- 594. I give you a chance, and you hire
a crackhead. What's with you?
- 595. Why don't you get off my dick?
- 596. When you're ready to put yourself
on the frontline, let me know.
- 597. Excuse me. Is this a black thing?
- 598. It is, so keep your
toy Mafia-butt out of it!
- 599. Fuck the Mafia! I'll wax
your high-yellow, narrow-ass butt!
- 600. Cool it!
- 601. Relax, all right?
- 602. If you won't handle this,
send the white boy...
- 603. inside The Carter with
the National Guard.
- 604. What we need is a videotape
of this whole operation.
- 605. We need evidence of the
financial records to make it work.
- 606. I'm the lookout there from
7 p.m. To 7 a.m...
- 607. in one of the apartment windows.
- 608. I had to fill out an application.
Asked if I still got high.
- 609. They remember me from before.
- 610. I was one of their first customers.
I used to get fucked up.
- 611. Cracker barrel, cracker ass.
- 612. - I didn't give a fuck what it was.
- I got it, I got it.
- 613. Park.
- 614. This belt is really a video camera.
- 615. These wire transmitters will be
taped to you.
- 616. It'll send your
communication to us...
- 617. as well as sounds and images
- 618. It will pick up shit
you can't hear.
- 619. Don't worry, Pookie.
- 620. You'll be great.
You're the best man for this job.
- 621. You're a fucking genius.
- 622. Your mother.
- 623. Pookie, we're counting on you.
- 624. You can help us bring down CMB.
- 625. Try this on.
- 626. You with it?
- 627. I'm with it, man.
- 628. Let's roll with it.
- 629. Put it on.
- 630. Pookie, come here, man.
- 631. You know, I told Gee Money
how good you been.
- 632. How you've been bringing in
lots of customers.
- 633. And you're just a lookout.
- 634. Anything that makes them
more money, they like.
- 635. This might be it.
- 636. We're promoting you.
- 637. Check it out.
- 638. Soon. Let's get going with it.
- 639. Jackpot! System!
- 640. He's inside! Yes!
- 641. This kid's been
bringing us business.
- 642. I'd like to take a shot
at one of those computer terminals.
- 643. - Can you program Pascal?
Can a white man dance?
- 644. I guess not.
But people lose interest.
- 645. Today's your lucky day, homeboy.
I'm promoting your ass.
- 646. All right!
- 647. You still on the pipe?
- 648. No way.
- 649. Good. Real good. Because you'll
be working in the Drug Store.
- 650. I'm glad you got confidence in me.
- 651. See you.
- 652. Hold on a second.
- 653. - Keep an eye on that kid.
- Why? What's wrong?
- 654. He's light-fingered.
Keep an eye on the product.
- 655. I don't think Pookie's ready
to be in a room full of crack.
- 656. I'm ready. Don't I look ready now?
I was born ready.
- 657. Ready to be dead.
Stay out of this.
- 658. He's already on the inside.
With a little more time...
- 659. we'll have enough information
to put Nino away for good.
- 660. In my opinion, we get him out—
- 661. I don't want your opinion.
- 662. I'm against it.
- 663. But it's your call.
And your funeral.
- 664. We told them, man.
- 665. Ready? Shit.
- 666. You better be ready,
because you owe a lot of people.
- 667. You owe me. You owe yourself.
- 668. You owe the whole community.
- 669. You even owe my mother.
Yeah, that's right.
- 670. A junkie just like you
killed my mother in 1974.
- 671. Didn't take money or jewelry.
- 672. Just took her life.
- 673. I don't know what you got left
in your so-called rehabilitated body.
- 674. But you better find something,
because you owe a lot of people.
- 675. A lot of people. You owe, Pook.
- 676. You got skim milk
in them titties?
- 677. One and a-two and a-three
- 678. I'll give you something
to look at.
- 679. Superfly, there's something
wrong with your boy.
- 680. What's happening with Pookie?
- 681. I have no idea.
- 682. You should, he's your plant.
- 683. Cool out. You're jumping the gun.
- 684. Something's wrong with your guy.
- 685. Fourscore seven years...
- 686. Is that code for help?
It's a black thing.
- 687. I'm tired of your stuff.
I'm tired of this dude.
- 688. What's wrong?
- 689. Just doing a workout. This is
a tough job. Got to stay in shape.
- 690. - This ain't no gym.
- A workout boosts worker morale.
- 691. You think I'm stupid.
- 692. You're a high motherfucker.
- 693. You five-o?
- 694. - His cover's blown!
- 695. Are you five-o?
- 696. Take him out and kill him!
And blow the building!
- 697. Scotty help me! I'm gonna die!
- 698. Let's go!
- 699. Freeze! Police!
- 700. Let me through!
I'll do her!
- 701. Clear!
- 702. Police! Get out!
- 703. Come on!
- 704. Shit!
- 705. Shit! Nothing here!
- 706. Let's get out of here!
- 707. Pookie!
- 708. Come here. Hold on.
Keep your head down.
- 709. Here we go!
- 710. Scotty!
- 711. Where the hell are you?
- 712. Shit!
Touch Pookie, it blows.
- 713. Do this.
Too many wires.
- 714. Pick one.
- 715. Come on!
- 716. I can't see.
Give me a light!
- 717. Hold it there.
- 718. Scotty, on three...
- 719. I want you to slowly,
gently pull out the blue wire.
- 720. Slow!
- 721. One, two, three!
- 722. One is the ground.
- 723. I don't know!
Three seconds left!
- 724. Don't shy away from me, girl
- 725. You know I'll never leave you again
- 726. Through thick and thin until the end
- 727. I'll be here for the rest of your life
- 728. I'm still waiting for somebody
- 729. Hello?
- 730. I knew it! You ain't nothing
but a high-priced ho.
- 731. Put Nino on, bitch.
- 732. It's for you.
- 733. Oh, man. Shit!
- 734. What's up?
- 735. I know you're having a good time,
but we were infiltrated.
- 736. We shut down The Carter.
- 737. Get your ass here now!
- 738. Now!
- 739. Stop!
- 740. What happened?
- 741. Don't nobody know nothing?
Don't everybody speak at once.
- 742. How the motherfucker get in?
- 743. Out of all you motherfuckers,
nobody knows jack shit?
- 744. The Duh Duh Man.
Duh Duh, what happened?
- 745. Keisha?
- 746. I'll be a motherfucker.
- 747. Don't nobody know nothing?
- 748. What up with this?
- 749. Somebody got to know something
was going on.
- 750. See what I'm saying?
- 751. Ain't that right, Gee Money?
- 752. I think Gee Money definitely
- 753. Gee Money knows something.
- 754. You fucked up.
You fucked up bigtime.
- 755. You're incapable of running this shit.
- 756. Sit your five-dollar ass down,
before I make change.
- 757. Kareem brought him to my attention.
- 758. We got 300 employees.
- 759. I can't keep my eye on all of them.
- 760. If you was taking care
- 761. What? If I was what?
Say it again!
- 762. What?
- 763. - Nothing.
- That's what I thought you said!
- 764. Because that's what I got, nothing!
- 765. A million-dollar-a-week business
reduced to rubbish!
- 766. It's your responsibility.
- 767. I never liked you anyway,
- 768. What's the matter, Gee?
What's up with you?
- 769. You're letting some shit like who
I'm laying the pipe to, fuck with you?
- 770. You're bigger than that.
- 771. Something like this
can never happen again.
- 772. Now...
- 773. leave me.
- 774. Nino...
- 775. Get the fuck out.
- 776. What Gee Money has brought together...
- 777. let no man put asunder.
- 778. I now pronounce us man...
- 779. and wife.
- 780. You may kiss the bride.
- 781. Be not deceived.
Neither fornicators, nor idolaters...
- 782. nor adulterers, nor abusers
of themselves with mankind...
- 783. shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- 784. May your soul rest in peace.
- 785. Goodbye, Pookie.
- 786. The commissioner's been on my ass.
- 787. Washington is blaming us for losing
thousands of dollars in man-hours.
- 788. Not to mention all the cops
we got killed.
- 789. The operation was a failure.
- 790. We didn't arrest anyone.
No one, man.
- 791. We didn't get any evidence. Nothing.
No financial records, nothing.
- 792. We still could be out there
fighting scum like Nino Brown...
- 793. except for two things:
- 794. I gambled on you,
and you gambled on a crackhead.
- 795. Fuck that!
- 796. That's enough, man!
- 797. I'm sorry you lost your budget.
But I lost a friend.
- 798. Scotty...
- 799. Let it go. Operation's over.
- 800. It's over.
- 801. It ain't over.
Pookie didn't die for nothing.
- 802. Operation's gone...
- 803. Nino's loose, Pookie is dead.
- 804. I got Pookie killed.
- 805. Cut out this self-pitying shit
about you killing Pookie.
- 806. If anyone killed him, it was me.
I could see it.
- 807. How you gonna tell me
you killed Pookie?
- 808. Remember when you said
I didn't care?
- 809. When what the hell was I doing
at Pookie's funeral anyway? Remember?
- 810. I used to be Pookie.
- 811. How the hell you used to be Pookie?
- 812. I was a poor white trash Pookie.
- 813. This whole drug shit, it's not
a black thing, it's not a white thing.
- 814. It's a death thing.
Death doesn't give a shit about color.
- 815. You don't have to like me.
- 816. I don't even know if I like you.
- 817. But we're in this together now.
- 818. You know, a drug dealer
is the worst kind of brother.
- 819. He won't sell it to his sister
or his mother.
- 820. But he'll sell it
to his boys in the street.
- 821. I don't know about you...
- 822. but I'm ready to kill Nino Brown.
- 823. Are you with me?
- 824. I'm ahead of you.
- 825. Behind door number one,
your head explodes like a melon.
- 826. Behind two, you hook us up
with Gee Money...
- 827. and get the prize, Nino Brown.
- 828. Let's make a deal.
- 829. We always had an understanding.
- 830. Besides, I needed a haircut.
- 831. My cugino and his friend
- 832. And I got a feeling
they'll cut you a sweeter deal...
- 833. than any Peruvian.
- 834. Enough to maybe throw in
a finder's fee for me.
- 835. If I swim with this—
- 836. You wanted to meet the main man.
From now on, you deal with me...
- 837. and me only.
- 838. You will cut me a side deal.
- 839. Twenty percent.
- 840. And you will be obligated
to report to me...
- 841. and me only.
- 842. Give me your number.
- 843. Oh, yeah.
- 844. Don Armeteo.
- 845. Nino is about to itch.
- 846. What the fuck is up?
What's up? Play ball!
- 847. Check!
- 848. Can I help you?
- 849. I'm here to see Gee Money.
- 850. What's up with these elbows?
- 851. I don't know you. Yo, Gee!
- 852. You know him?
- 853. Hold up. I know him. He's cool.
- 854. Ease back, playboy. Ease back.
- 855. How you feeling, Gee Money, my man?
- 856. What's up with your man?
- 857. Pat him down.
- 858. Pat him down!
- 859. It's like that?
- 860. What the fuck is this?
- 861. I don't know you, that's what.
- 862. I know you're my man's new contact,
but I don't trust you.
- 863. So since you're interrupting my game,
get the fuck out.
- 864. Mr. Money, please escort
Mr. Washington off the court.
- 865. Take him down the block.
- 866. And if this dreadlocked
bomboraas even blinks wrong...
- 867. you lullaby his ass.
- 868. Don't forget what we talked about
before at Frankie's.
- 869. I'm definitely going to be
the next king.
- 870. Yo, Keish, I seen that boy
- 871. Oh, really?
- 872. That's right, I checked him out
myself. He cooler than a fan.
- 873. And the product is 60 percent cheaper
than what the brothers is paying.
- 874. That will free up
a whole lot of money...
- 875. to do a lot of other things.
- 876. Like, maybe take over
another city project?
- 877. All right, let's roll with it.
- 878. Rebuild and get stronger.
- 879. Most definite. Most definite.
- 880. Money, I'll tell you something.
- 881. If he's not who he says he is...
- 882. I'll kill him.
- 883. Then I'll kill you.
- 884. I don't trust Mr. Washington.
- 885. I want him to stick to me
like flies to shit.
- 886. When I was young, I was a member
of a gang, the L.A. Boys.
- 887. - Lennox Ave.
- You know it.
- 888. The leader, Jughead,
told me to prove my loyalty...
- 889. I had to snuff somebody out.
- 890. It was like, "No problem."
- 891. I said, "An enemy?"
He said, "No, that's too easy.
- 892. It's got to be an ordinary mo."
- 893. So I rode down to 23rd.
- 894. Copped me a bag of that
red devil angel dust.
- 895. I got so zooted.
- 896. I walked up on this lady.
She must have been a schoolteacher.
- 897. I was so fucking crazy,
I didn't even care.
- 898. I stepped to her.
- 899. Pow!
- 900. I didn't even stay
to see her drop.
- 901. I just ran.
- 902. You must think I'm a demon.
- 903. I guess what you was doing...
- 904. it was like business, right?
- 905. It wasn't personal.
- 906. My brother...
- 907. it's always business.
- 908. Never personal.
- 909. Tell your moms I want some pies.
Can I get some?
- 910. Come on in, little man.
- 911. Two for you.
- 912. Junior!
- 913. - Hold up, Pop.
- Get out of here now.
- 914. I can take care of you too.
- 915. Take care of yourself,
because you an ignorant bastard.
- 916. You committing genocide on your people
with your fancy suits and cars.
- 917. Step off, grandpa.
- 918. Idol worshiper!
- 919. Killing your people with the
white devils you put in that bottle.
- 920. You an idolater.
- 921. Reverend Oates,
why are you with this scum?
- 922. Shut up!
Nino, let me smoke this old dude.
- 923. Look at you. In two years,
they'll be marking your gravesite.
- 924. Me?
- 925. I'll be right here.
- 926. Kids, get out of here!
- 927. These kids...
- 928. All these people gather around you
like you God almighty.
- 929. Like you love them.
- 930. Devils ain't got no love.
You're killing your people.
- 931. What can you offer them?
Another I-have-a-dream speech?
- 932. Some of that same shit
you ripping off to me?
- 933. Look at us. Not a pot to piss in,
nor a window to throw it out of.
- 934. You's the fool, old man.
- 935. That's it!
- 936. Don't try it.
Don't even think about it!
- 937. You don't understand.
- 938. Idolater, you reap what you sow!
- 939. This is some fly shit.
- 940. Some George Raft,
some James Cagney-type shit.
- 941. You know what I'm saying?
- 942. That's how you living.
- 943. Good looking out this afternoon.
- 944. Gee Money should've seen it coming.
- 945. Old man really wanted to do me.
- 946. Old bastard.
- 947. But here's something
that's not so funny.
- 948. Gee Money tried to cut
a side deal with me.
- 949. You can't trust anybody these days.
- 950. You can trust me.
I got your back.
- 951. Thank you.
- 952. Now Reverend Oates will say
a few words to the happy couple.
- 953. You got to wait till
somebody else gets some too, okay?
- 954. Before we eat this cake,
we ought to toast...
- 955. my daughter, my new son-in-law
and our gracious host...
- 956. Mr. Nino Brown.
- 957. Shit!
- 958. Fuck!
- 959. Good dog.
- 960. Oh, baby.
- 961. Come on.
- 962. How much I need you
- 963. There you go tellin' me no again
- 964. There's nothing
- 965. Nothing in the world I would rather have
Than you, girl
- 966. Thank you.
- 967. Yeah?
- 968. Held by you
I need, I need somebody just like you, girl
- 969. Yeah, yeah
- 970. There you go tellin' me no, no, no
- 971. I got something for you.
- 972. That's my business card.
Call me sometime.
- 973. Thank you!
- 974. There you go tellin' me no, no, no, no again
- 975. - Hi, Mommy.
- Hello, sweetheart.
- 976. Are we going home now, Mommy?
- 977. What's up?
You still mad at me?
- 978. - Fuck you, then. Gee!
- What's up?
- 979. - Where is the Duh Duh Man?
Probably after that skeezer.
- 980. What's with Selina?
- 981. I don't know. Losing her mind.
- 982. Think I care?
This is my world, my money...
- 983. and that's my skeezer.
- 984. You'll get it all over your dress.
- 985. Hi, Daddy.
- 986. Hold up a minute.
- 987. Thank you, mister.
- 988. Yo, Gee, it's a hit! Cover me!
- 989. Throw me a gun!
- 990. Get down!
- 991. Motherfuckers!
- 992. Bastards!
- 993. You're a murderer, Nino!
- 994. I've seen you kill too many people!
- 995. Cancel that bitch.
- 996. I'll buy another one.
- 997. I hate you!
- 998. I hate you, Nino!
- 999. Don Armeteo's on the phone for you.
- 1000. We made you. We gave you everything.
- 1001. Shagazzy's, the Spotlite,
the street corners.
- 1002. So you got cute.
You had to get spanked.
- 1003. Now you listen to me.
I made this. Me.
- 1004. I own this city, you slicked-back,
greasy-haired, son of a bitch!
- 1005. You're fucked!
- 1006. This bulletin just in.
- 1007. In a scene to rival the famed
St. Valentine's Day Massacre...
- 1008. of 1920s Chicago...
- 1009. Don Armeteo, reputed crime lord,
and 10 of his henchmen...
- 1010. were gunned down this afternoon...
- 1011. I put you two together.
You guys go off on your own.
- 1012. Now you come back to me?
- 1013. You're telling me
the disk isn't important?
- 1014. I'm telling you
I hope it is important.
- 1015. This is Hawkins.
- 1016. We go back to law school.
She's the prosecuting attorney.
- 1017. The son of a bitch used a little girl
as a bulletproof vest.
- 1018. Watch your language.
Nino is gonna fall.
- 1019. What about the Pookie video?
- It helps, but it's not enough.
- 1020. Nino isn't in the tapes
at The Carter.
- 1021. He's Mr. Untouchable.
- 1022. How many more got to die?
I could have smoked him myself.
- 1023. Can we catch him in a buy?
Or get a witness to testify...
- 1024. and connect all the dots?
- 1025. Nino's got great connections.
Can we nail any and tie them to Nino?
- 1026. Check this out.
- 1027. We got it set up so the
CMB brothers will buy from us.
- 1028. And I also got it so Nino Brown
definitely doesn't trust Gee Money.
- 1029. And we'll get it on videotape.
- 1030. Gee Money.
- 1031. What's up, fellas?
- 1032. Got the bucks?
- 1033. Nice of you to make it.
Know what I'm saying?
- 1034. What can I say?
- 1035. What's taking so long?
- 1036. Nino's not moving.
- 1037. - Let's do this.
- Open the briefcase.
- 1038. Easy!
- 1039. - Very easy.
- I thought we was friends.
- 1040. I told you, it's never personal, B.
- 1041. Friends is friends. This is business.
- 1042. Let's see the sample.
- 1043. Whatever.
- 1044. All here, baby.
- 1045. I knew I knew Washington.
- 1046. Suck-ass motherfucker!
- 1047. Punch it! Just do it!
- 1048. You cut a deal
with that motherfucker.
- 1049. Yes, you did. Yes, you did, Gee.
- 1050. Fucking Cain.
- 1051. My brother's keeper.
- 1052. - Nino, I didn't—
- Was it this...
- 1053. glass dick you've been sucking on?
- 1054. Was that it? Now I see how you
let that motherfucker infiltrate.
- 1055. He used you, Gee.
- 1056. Whatever happened to
"Am I my brother's keeper?"
- 1057. You know what happened to it.
- 1058. "The world is mine."
- 1059. Remember that?
- 1060. "Everything is mine. Everything!"
- 1061. Even my woman.
- 1062. Is that what this is about?
- 1063. That fucking skeezer?
- 1064. You think I give a fuck about her?
- 1065. Fuck that ho bitch!
I don't give a fuck about her!
- 1066. It ain't about her.
- 1067. It's about us.
- 1068. I love you, man.
- 1069. Nino...
- 1070. You embarrassed me, man!
- 1071. In front of all them people,
you treated me like I was soft.
- 1072. You treated me like I was spineless!
- 1073. We built this shit!
You didn't do this shit by yourself!
- 1074. You forgot about me, man.
- 1075. What has this done to us?
- 1076. Keisha.
- 1077. Dead.
- 1078. The Duh Duh Man.
- 1079. Dead.
- 1080. Let's just make it like it was.
- 1081. Let's be a family.
Let's make it like it was.
- 1082. Fuck them cars. And them bitches.
And all that shit.
- 1083. Fuck that shit!
- 1084. Let's do us, me and you.
Let's be a family again.
- 1085. I'm on the run.
- 1086. It can never go back
the way it was.
- 1087. But I'll tell you how
we can make it right.
- 1088. CMB.
- 1089. CMB!
- 1090. We all we got.
- 1091. Am I my brother's keeper?
- 1092. Yes, I am.
- 1093. You know where Nino Brown lives?
- 1094. You heard my man.
I ain't telling you shit!
- 1095. Last summer, we won
this basketball tournament.
- 1096. Bought the whole team
new red scooters. So kiss my ass.
- 1097. Kiss my ass with that.
- 1098. You know something, B?
This dude is a cop. Five-o! B, out!
- 1099. Come here, punk!
- 1100. I know where Nino lives.
- 1101. He beat this kid with
a baseball bat.
- 1102. Poured gas on him,
set him on fire...
- 1103. after he shorted him $5.
- 1104. I hope you kill his black,
- 1105. He's in apartment 6C.
- 1106. But watch out.
He got bodyguards on the roof.
- 1107. Say hello to my little friend.
- 1108. Buckwheat.
- 1109. Punk!
- 1110. Kill him!
- 1111. How can you wear this and sell poison
to our people? You ain't shit!
- 1112. Toss him to me.
- 1113. That teacher you killed?
That was my mother!
- 1114. Kick his black ass!
- 1115. You've squashed and killed
these people with no retribution.
- 1116. Get your ass up.
- 1117. This ain't business.
This is personal.
- 1118. Do it! Do it!
- 1119. I want to shoot you so bad,
my dick's hard.
- 1120. Coming through!
- 1121. Come on, Scotty.
We'll do it the right way.
- 1122. I'll testify.
- 1123. Even if it means my life,
I will testify.
- 1124. Come on.
We can't go out like this.
- 1125. Put the gun down.
- 1126. Don't throw your life away
on a piece of shit.
- 1127. Give me the gun.
I'll do it!
- 1128. I'll be out in a week.
- 1129. You're a dead man.
- 1130. Miss Thomas...
- 1131. Was the defendant, Mr. Nino Brown,
head of the CMB?
- 1132. Yes.
- 1133. Remove the hat and the sunglasses.
- 1134. Detective Appleton,
when you infiltrated the CMB...
- 1135. did the defendant, Mr. Nino Brown...
- 1136. attempt to buy two and a half kilos
of cocaine from you?
- 1137. Can Michael Jordan slam dunk?
- 1138. Of course he did.
He's a dope dealer.
- 1139. That's what they do,
buy and sell dope.
- 1140. I'm not guilty.
- 1141. You're the one who's guilty.
- 1142. Lawmakers, the politicians,
the Colombian drug lords.
- 1143. All you who lobby against
making drugs legal.
- 1144. Just like with alcohol
- 1145. You're the one who's guilty.
- 1146. Let's kick the ballistics here.
- 1147. Ain't no Uzis made in Harlem.
- 1148. Not one of us in here
owns a poppy field.
- 1149. This thing is bigger than Nino Brown.
This is big business.
- 1150. This is the American way.
- 1151. I'm sure that the court
- 1152. by your geopolitical tirade.
- 1153. Unfortunately, society at large
is not on trial here.
- 1154. You are, Mr. Brown.
- 1155. Were you or were you not...
- 1156. head of the narcotics consortium,
the murderously bloody...
- 1157. CMB?
- 1158. Yes.
- 1159. I could not hear you.
Would you please speak up?
- 1160. Yes, I was a member.
- 1161. But I was forced into
this way of life.
- 1162. I've been dealing drugs
since I was 12.
- 1163. I didn't have the chances
that you have, Miss Hawkins.
- 1164. I wasn't born with a silver spoon
in my mouth, Miss Hawkins.
- 1165. I wanted to get out,
but they threatened to kill my mother.
- 1166. Who are you talking about,
Mr. Brown? What "they"?
- 1167. They.
- 1168. Look at him. Kareem Akbar.
- 1169. The educated brother from the bank.
- 1170. He's the head of the CMB.
The brains behind the whole thing.
- 1171. This is bigger than Nino Brown,
and I got a list to prove it.
- 1172. If I'm going down, I'm taking
a lot of people with me.
- 1173. Order in the court!
Can I speak with my lawyer?
- 1174. Your Honor, may counsel
approach the bench?
- 1175. - What's going on?
- I don't know.
- 1176. What's the discussion?
- 1177. The court is not pleased
with this application.
- 1178. You understand that by pleading
guilty to a lesser charge...
- 1179. the court, under law, can impose
a sentence of three years to life...
- 1180. with parole eligibility
after 12 months. Do you understand?
- 1181. Absolutely.
- 1182. How'd you let this happen?
- 1183. We wanted some of the crack
off the streets. I wanted Nino too.
- 1184. He gave up his connections,
and Powell wanted to make the deal.
- 1185. Let's go.
- 1186. This court is now adjourned.
- 1187. What? All he gets is a year?
- 1188. This ain't happening.
- 1189. I should have
killed you myself, bitch!
- 1190. That's the difference between
you and me.
- 1191. Don't get mad, Tito. It's the law.
- 1192. Sucks, huh?
- 1193. When this is over with,
you can come and work for me.
- 1194. Did you turn state's evidence?
- 1195. Did you sell out CMB?
- 1196. - Are you pleased with the outcome?
- 1197. The justice system is the greatest.
I'm proud to be an American.
- 1198. - Hi, Mom.
- 1199. Your soul is required in hell!