- 1. Fuck this shit.
- 2. Let's go home.
- 3. Regret and remorse.
Amends and atonement.
- 4. That's life, right?
- 5. Well, this next one is for you,
- 6. all you lost souls racing down
that long road to redemption,
- 7. and all you sinners running from your past
- 8. but heading straight
into that pit of darkness up ahead.
- 9. We're all on the same endless highway,
- 10. the one with no name, no exits, looking
for a way out of tonight and into tomorrow.
- 11. Well, they're gonna try to stop you,
but you gotta say, "Fuck it,"
- 12. and keep moving,
because this is your highway,
- 13. and tonight might just be
the night you finally outrun
- 14. those wicked demons once and for all.
- 15. And I'll be right here with you
making sure you get where you're going.
- 16. What's up?
- 17. Nothing.
- 18. Don't worry. We're fine.
- 19. It's customers only.
- 20. Hey!
- 21. Read the sign.
- 22. Twenty on the truck.
- 23. Rough night?
- 24. Yeah.
- 25. Have a nice day.
- 26. Fuck.
- 27. Mitch! Let's get the fuck outta here.
- 28. Come on!
- 29. Come again soon.
- 30. Fuck!
- 31. What the fuck?
- 32. What the fuck?
- 33. Rough night?
- 34. What the fuck?
- 35. There's gotta be a way out.
- 36. What if there's not?
- 37. Pull over.
- 38. - What?
- Pull over.
- 39. Are you crazy?
- 40. What are you gonna do?
- 41. I'm not running.
- 42. Mitch! Mitch!
- 43. Hey!
- 44. Hey!
- 45. I know we've had a pretty fucked up day,
- 46. but if you could keep it together
for a little bit longer, that would be great.
- 47. Why? What are we running to?
- 48. What?
- 49. So we get out of here,
we go home, and then what?
- 50. And then nothing!
Then we're home! That's the point!
- 51. - Back to normal!
- 52. Mitch, you wanted this.
- 53. We did this for you.
We did this for Kathryn.
- 54. So get in the fucking truck.
- 55. I'm not asking you to stay.
- 56. You've lost it, man.
- 57. You want to stay here and get killed?
- 58. - I'll see you around.
- 59. Come on.
- 60. What do you want?
- 61. Haven't you figured it out?
- 62. They've come to collect.
- 63. There's no way out. We fucked up.
- 64. You know what, Mitch?
Fuck you. I'm going home.
- 65. No!
- 66. Jack!
- 67. Go on and on
- 68. Don't let the party end
- 69. I know it's going to happen tonight
- 70. When the party's over
And they turn on the light
- 71. He's going to say the most horrible thing
- 72. And then he's going
to ask for his ring, so
- 73. Don't let the party end
- 74. Don't let the party end
- 75. Dad?
- 76. Kathryn?
- 77. Dad! Why won't you help me?
- 78. Kathryn!
- 79. Dad, help me!
- 80. Kathryn!
- 81. Dad, I need help!
- 82. - Help!
- 83. Fuck!
- 84. Dad!
- 85. Dad, I need your help! Help me!
- 86. - Kathryn!
- 87. - Kathryn!
- 88. Fuck! Kathryn! Fuck!
- 89. Fuck!
- 90. Why?
- 91. It's piercing my brain.
- 92. My God. It's 1:00.
- 93. Guys, we gotta go. Ava, get up.
- 94. Come on.
- 95. I've never been so hungover in my life.
- 96. You guys got everything?
- 97. Now, maybe you're
out there next to that special someone,
- 98. that one who's going away.
But you're still here...
- 99. It's too early for this!
- 100. Baby.
- 101. gettin' on down that road, and this time,
- 102. hold on and don't ever let go.
- 103. Kim! Kim!
- 104. Shit!
- 105. Man, this thing is fucked!
- 106. Of course, on the one day
we can't afford to stop and get a flat.
- 107. We'd be fine if your drum kit
didn't take up so much space.
- 108. It wasn't my idea
to take out the spare tire, Kimberly.
- 109. Whatever. Let's just call AAA.
Can you hand me my bag?
- 110. Well, do we even know where we are?
- 111. GPS can't even find us on my phone.
- 112. No, we're not on a private road,
- 113. we're in the middle
of a state highway right now.
- 114. Why is it so hot?
- 115. - We can't help you.
- Well, yeah, thanks for nothing.
- 116. Best of luck.
- 117. The closest place is four hours from here.
- 118. And it's closed.
- 119. Why? It's so early.
- 120. The chick on the phone
sounded like she was at a bar.
- 121. Which reminds me.
- 122. Wait, you're not serious, Kim.
- 123. What? It's not like we're going anywhere.
- 124. Hmm.
- 125. Warm beer.
- 126. Guys! Car!
- 127. Great. I was seriously thinking
who I'd have to eat first.
- 128. It was you, by the way.
- 129. Youngest!
- 130. - Can we offer you a ride?
- 131. Is there a town close by?
AAA said that there's nothing for miles.
- 132. Yeah, we're pretty far out.
- 133. Actually, the closest town's
quite a way south.
- 134. You're gonna want to go
to Pete's Auto Body.
- 135. - Okay.
- Talk to Pete.
- 136. Yeah, but he's not going to be there
until tomorrow, though.
- 137. Oh.
- 138. Why don't you come to our place?
Just until we can get a hold of Pete.
- 139. Thanks, a lot, really, but we're good.
We're used to sleeping in the van.
- 140. You know, Betty...
- 141. I wonder if the camper over
at the Kensington's
- 142. has the same size tire as that van?
- 143. I'm sure they have a spare.
Bet the boys could fix you right up.
- 144. Yeah. I guess. I mean, we could...
- 145. No. No, no, no, we're good, we're good.
Thank you, though. Really.
- 146. - Well...
- 147. Suit yourselves.
- 148. Goodbye.
- 149. - Wait!
- What? What are you doing?
- 150. We don't know where we are,
we haven't seen another car in an hour...
- 151. Am I the only one who thinks it's not
a good idea to go with a couple of weirdos?
- 152. Look at us. Look at them.
We're the weirdos.
- 153. I'd way rather go with them
than a bunch of rape-y dudes.
- 154. So are you girls students?
- 155. No, uh, we're not. We are in a band.
- 156. Oh, fun! A rock and roll group!
- 157. Yeah.
- 158. We play jazz.
- 159. Smooth jazz.
- 160. Oh!
- 161. I do love jazz.
- 162. So, how long have you guys lived out here?
- 163. Oh, I don't know.
- 164. Since the war.
- 165. Um, is that a trap or something?
- 166. It probably was
- 167. but broken now.
- 168. Coyotes.
- 169. This is your fault.
- 170. All right.
- 171. You don't have to worry about locking it up.
There's no one around for miles.
- 172. Come on.
- 173. Here we are. The bathroom is right there.
- 174. Nap, shower...
- 175. Anything that you need to do.
- 176. The Kensington's
are going to be coming over for supper.
- 177. It's just so wonderful
to have some company!
- 178. I'm sorry about Alex...
- 179. What did you say?
- 180. It's just so wonderful
to have some company!
- 181. No, before that.
- 182. I will whip up some supper for us.
- 183. Thank you.
- 184. What the fuck?
- 185. They aren't old, right?
- 186. But they act like they're 80,
and from the '50s.
- 187. I bet they have the nastiest sex!
- 188. Wait. Did you guys hear that?
- 189. What are you talking about?
- 190. Kim, this totally looks like you!
- 191. You're, like, a hot milkmaid.
- 192. They definitely have the nastiest sex.
- 193. My cousin's a Sunday school teacher
and she loves anal.
- 194. I really don't think I'm hearing things.
- 195. You're so gross.
- 196. You started it.
- 197. This bed is like a freaking cloud.
- 198. I don't think it's a good idea for us
to take a nap here, Ava.
- 199. Hey, you totally had sex with that old guy
- 200. just 'cause he had, like,
a Tempur-Pedic mattress.
- 201. Okay, he wasn't old.
- 202. - Old.
- He was pretty old.
- 203. He was 49. That is not old.
- 204. - That's so old.
- It's old even for me.
- 205. Stop talking to me.
- 206. She's done it again.
- 207. This is beautiful.
- 208. Just beautiful!
- 209. How lucky we are that you have access
to these old family recipes, Betty.
- 210. So, you guys have a tire?
- 211. Oh!
- 212. For the van! Yes, sure.
- 213. The boys will fix that up for you.
Won't you, boys?
- 214. Sorry, are these your sons?
- 215. You look so young.
- 216. Oh, you just made Bunny's year
with that one.
- 217. Actually, we adopted the boys.
- 218. Uh, it's a long, sad story.
- 219. - Let's give thanks.
- 220. O Divine One,
- 221. we offer our gratitude for this beast,
for this blood,
- 222. for these vessels of anew.
- 223. We bow to you, for You are all-knowing.
- 224. We offer ourselves to you,
for You are the Master.
- 225. Amen?
- 226. Uh...
- 227. What exactly is in this dish?
- 228. It's a Sunday roast.
- 229. I probably should have mentioned before
that I don't eat meat.
- 230. Oh!
- 231. I see.
- 232. You know, there are some who just
don't have the luxury to not eat meat.
- 233. Only the strong survive! Right, boys?
- 234. - So, are you guys Russian or something?
- 235. That is a good one!
- 236. No, Raymond and Bunny, they're just,
- 237. very traditional,
set in their ways, as are we!
- 238. But it is no matter. Everything's fine.
You don't have to eat the meat.
- 239. - No.
- It's actually really good.
- 240. Hmm.
- 241. It is!
- 242. - I thought there was four of you.
- 243. Enough!
- 244. This place feels like
a bad acid trip. Those twins?
- 245. What the fuck was that prayer all about?
- 246. Why do you have to be so negative?
- 247. Seriously?
- 248. Yeah.
- 249. - So we got a flat.
- What the fuck.
- 250. We're here. We got a roof
over our head. We got free dinner.
- 251. What's the big deal?
- 252. Why can't you just make
the best of things?
- 253. Um...
- 254. I don't know, because we have
a show to play tomorrow?
- 255. And we're stuck in some house
in the middle of nowhere
- 256. - on some road that doesn't seem to exist?
- 257. Sorry if I'm being a bummer by pointing
this out, but this isn't exactly normal.
- 258. Nothing's ever your fault.
- 259. - What?
- 260. Just...
- 261. Miss Alex, that's all.
- 262. If she were here,
everything would be different.
- 263. Yeah, so do I. Obviously.
- 264. Then why did you let her leave?
- 265. What did you say?
- 266. You let her leave that night.
- 267. You wanted to fuck some nobody asshole
in some shithole club.
- 268. I hope it was good.
- 269. I hope it was really good.
- 270. Why are you doing this right now?
- 271. - You know that I loved her more than any...
- 272. It's not funny, Kim!
- 273. You should see your face right now!
- 274. What the fuck, man? That's so messed up!
- 275. All right,
I didn't make her leave that night.
- 276. - It's not my...
- 277. Oh, my God! Oh, my God!
Okay, I'm gonna get you a towel!
- 278. - Oh, Jesus.
- 279. Hey! They're really sick!
- 280. Ava and Kim can't stop throwing up this,
like, black stuff all over the place.
- 281. We have to do something.
- 282. Oh, dear. It's probably the meat.
- 283. Newcomers!
- 284. Well, the first time is the worst time.
- 285. What is in that meat? What is going on?
- 286. - I've got just the thing.
- 287. They'll be fine as soon
as they get some medicine.
- 288. Nice play!
- 289. Thank you so much.
This medicine's wonderful.
- 290. Of course, darling.
- 291. See? All better now.
- 292. Are you sure you don't want to change
into something more comfortable?
- 293. Yeah, I'm sure, thank you.
- 294. - Shouldn't we be calling a doctor, though?
- Don't you worry.
- 295. - Dale knows what he's doing.
- 296. Old family recipe.
- 297. Yeah, from the Old World?
- 298. Yes, young lady, from the Old World.
- 299. But I swear,
if I could market this, I'd be rich.
- 300. Sleep tight.
- 301. Guys, we have got to go!
- 302. You need to calm down.
- 303. Let's just get some sleep, then Pete
or the boys can come fix our van.
- 304. What? No. No, no, no. We go take their tire
and we get on the road. I will pay for a hotel.
- 305. I'm not going anywhere.
- 306. How would we even get to the van tonight?
- 307. I'm going to bed.
- 308. I'm so, so sleepy.
- 309. How are you guys acting
like nothing is wrong right now?
- 310. I wish Alex was here.
- 311. I know. Me, too.
- 312. But she's dead.
- 313. I wish Sadie was a better friend to Alex.
- 314. Mmm.
- 315. I had more faith in you than that.
- 316. Why'd you leave me?
- 317. Oh, my God!
- 318. Let us rejoice!
- 319. Let us rejoice!
- 320. Hear now this creed!
- 321. Contentment
thou shall find through suffering
- 322. and through long years in it.
- 323. For the damned do not grow old.
- 324. Their minds are nourished by living
in the dark waters of the gods.
- 325. Knowest thou.
- 326. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 327. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 328. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 329. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 330. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 331. The damned do not grow old.
- 332. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 333. The damned do not grow old.
- 334. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 335. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 336. Thou has begun thy transition.
- 337. Sadie.
- 338. Hi, Sadie.
- 339. Don't be a baby.
- 340. Sadie.
- 341. Sadie.
- 342. Sadie.
- 343. You left me there to die.
- 344. Now we can all be together.
- 345. Hey!
- 346. Black.
- 347. Black. Pink, black.
- 348. I like pink. Go with pink.
- 349. Of course you do.
- 350. Well, you look great in it.
- 351. - You want to wear the black, I know.
- Of course I want to wear the black!
- 352. I...
- 353. Now, where were we?
Lucas, what just happened?
- 354. Seems I lost my train of thought.
- 355. - Well, folks, the mind is...
- 356. I'd say all you...
Lucas, are you okay?
- 357. I gotta call you back.
- 358. keep on moving forward.
- 359. Try not to linger
on the things you left behind.
- 360. Because you cannot undo
what's been done...
- 361. And ain't nobody gonna...
- 362. Hello? Hey! Are you okay?
- 363. Miss, I...
- 364. Hi, hey.
- 365. Lucas, are you okay?
- 366. Yeah.
- 367. God damn it, don't do that to me.
- 368. All I heard was this god-awful
- 369. I thought you were, like,
getting attacked or something.
- 370. When are you coming home already?
When are you coming home?
- 371. Baby? Talk to me.
- 372. Lucas? Babe, what's up?
- 373. Um...
- 374. Honey, I gotta call you back, okay?
I'm sorry. I love you.
- 375. - 9-1-1. What's your emergency?
- Yeah, I just hit a woman with my car.
- 376. You just hit a woman
with your car... With your car.
- 377. Was she on foot?
- 378. Yes. She's in the road right now,
and she's very badly hurt.
- 379. - Okay.
- She's very badly hurt.
- 380. Okay, we got it. Where are you right now?
- 381. I'm on...
- 382. I'm on... I don't know where I am.
- 383. You know what,
I'm in the middle of nowhere.
- 384. Sir, I'm sorry, sir, you're breaking up.
- 385. I said I'm in the middle of nowhere.
- 386. What do I do?
- 387. Okay, sir, I can't send
an ambulance if I don't know where you are.
- 388. - Is there a cross street?
- No. There's some lights up ahead.
- 389. I think there's a town a few miles ahead?
- 390. So there's a town. Can you tell me
anything about where that...
- 391. I can't find it on my GPS. I'm sorry.
- 392. Okay, I'm patching you through
to Emergency Medical. One moment.
- 393. Okay.
- 394. Hello? Can you hurry up, please?
- 395. Sir? Sir, it's okay. Are you there?
- 396. Yes! Yeah, yeah, I'm here.
- 397. I'm a certified EMT. Are you with her now?
- 398. Yeah.
- 399. Great. Can you describe
her condition to me?
- 400. She's, um...
- 401. She's got a head trauma,
- 402. and some broken bones,
multiple broken bones, I think.
- 403. Okay. Anything else?
- 404. She's got a compound fracture of her knee.
- 405. - Is she breathing?
- 406. - Okay. Is she conscious?
- God damn it, Claire.
- 407. - All right, sir, you're doing fine. Sir?
- 408. Lucas? Lucas?
- 409. How do you know my name?
- 410. We have your cell.
- 411. - Right. Of course. Yeah.
- You need to trust us, okay?
- 412. Okay.
- 413. Sir, she's in critical condition
and we can't seem to locate you,
- 414. so we'd like you to try and move her.
- 415. You want me to move her?
- 416. You said there's a town up ahead, right?
- 417. Okay.
- 418. All right. Okay. You're okay.
- 419. Okay. I've got her in the backseat.
We are driving.
- 420. I am heading south. Are you still with me?
- 421. - Can you hear me?
- Yeah, we're here. Just stay with us, okay?
- 422. You're doing just great, Lucas.
- 423. There's a lot of cracks in the windshield.
I cannot see very well.
- 424. What am I looking for when I get there?
- 425. We're gonna talk you through it.
- 426. All right, good.
We're doing about 80 right now.
- 427. I think I can go faster.
I'm gonna go faster.
- 428. - Lucas?
- 429. Can you say something to her?
You know, in case she can hear you.
- 430. I'll do everything I can.
- 431. Lucas, tell us when you're close.
- 432. Okay, just got into town.
- 433. Okay, there's shops.
- 434. I see a barber shop,
I see there's a tattoo parlor, a church...
- 435. Do you see any people?
Anyone on the side of the road?
- 436. - Anyone that you can ask for help?
- 437. No, I don't see anyone.
There's nobody. Not yet.
- 438. What about the oncoming traffic?
- 439. Can you flash your lights
at the oncoming traffic?
- 440. No, no, I don't see anyone.
- 441. There's no oncoming traffic,
or there's no people?
- 442. - Okay, wait a minute.
- Okay. Lucas, you need...
- 443. Wait, there's a sign up here.
Okay, it's a hospital sign.
- 444. I think I'm pulling up
into a local hospital.
- 445. Dispatch to Regional, he's located
a medical facility of some sort.
- 446. Be advised, no contact local PD.
- 447. Lucas, we'll stay with you
till you've made contact.
- 448. Just make sure you stay
with us until then.
- 449. Help! I need some help!
- 450. Hello? Hello, I have an emergency!
- 451. Is there anybody here?
- 452. Is there some sort of problem?
Did he run into a problem?
- 453. Hello?
- 454. Sir, is there a problem?
- 455. Lucas, can you...
- 456. no one seems to know.
- 457. But that experience must have been
a serious emotional shock.
- 458. You think I imagined
all of it, don't you? You think I'm insane?
- 459. I didn't say that. I don't mean that.
- 460. What the fuck? Hey!
- 461. I'm not given to imagining...
- 462. Sir, what's the problem here?
- 463. We need you to talk to us.
- 464. Lucas, we can help.
- 465. Okay, okay, okay.
- 466. Sir?
- 467. Sir, we need you on the line
telling us what you see.
- 468. We need you to keep talking to us. Sir?
- 469. - There's no one here. It's...
- 470. - It's abandoned or something.
- Okay. Calm down, sir.
- 471. There's no one fucking here!
- 472. Sir, I need you to calm down.
I'm sure there's someone nearby.
- 473. I'm going to need you to find the nearest
surgeon, nurse, whoever you can find.
- 474. - There's no one here. Do you understand?
- I need you to find the closest person.
- 475. Okay, sir.
- 476. I'm looking. I do not see anyone.
- 477. Okay, how is the victim?
How is the victim?
- 478. I don't know what's happening.
- 479. Lucas! What about the girl?
How's she doing?
- 480. Oh, shit! Oh, fuck!
- 481. Lucas, how's she doing?
- 482. Uh, not good!
- 483. - Not good. Okay, what's happening?
- 484. Her leg is... It's broken. It's...
- 485. Okay.
- 486. - She's bleeding really, really bad.
- All right.
- 487. All right. Focus.
You need to stop the bleeding.
- 488. I need you to look
for anything you can use.
- 489. - Like a tourniquet?
- 490. All right. I got it, I got it,
I got it. I got it.
- 491. Now, wrap it around the leg.
- 492. All right.
- 493. Okay, how tight do I make it?
- 494. - As tight as you can.
- 495. Something's happening! All right.
She's moving, she's moving!
- 496. - I don't know what to do!
- Sir, you need to focus.
- 497. Well, then, tell me
what I'm supposed to do!
- 498. Okay, Lucas, is she responsive?
- 499. To what exactly?
I don't know what that means!
- 500. How is her breathing?
- 501. Uh, it's upsetting. She's...
- 502. There's blood bubbling out of her mouth.
- 503. He's losing her. He's losing her.
- 504. I need to hear it!
- 505. - Can you hear it?
- 506. Okay, now listen carefully.
You're going to have to intubate her.
- 507. Do you know what that means?
- 508. Stick a tube in her throat.
- 509. Exactly. Now, you want to find
a specific kit for that.
- 510. It's pretty standard stuff,
but it's specific.
- 511. - Lucas?
- Okay, what am I looking for?
- 512. A package or a pack or a bag.
- 513. Probably has an indicator on the front,
but it can vary in shape or size.
- 514. What am I looking for?
- 515. Okay, it's best just to look
for the word "intubation,"
- 516. or "tracheal,"endotracheal,"
"tracheal intubation." Any of those.
- 517. Or "airway,"airway intubation,"
"airway management kit,"
- 518. "EMS airway." That's the one we use.
- 519. Anything that has those words on it.
Just tell me what you find.
- 520. Lucas, tell me what you find.
Have you seen any?
- 521. - Can you see anything that looks like that?
- Okay, I got it.
- 522. Okay, good. First, open the kit,
look for the curved laryngoscope blade.
- 523. It's a metal hand tool.
- 524. No, there's no blade. It's just the tube.
- 525. - It's just the tube.
- That's right.
- 526. You're going to have to do it manually.
- 527. First, identify the glottis. It's a little
fleshy valve at the back of her throat.
- 528. Feel for the breath.
- 529. You want me to stick my fingers
in her throat?
- 530. Yes. You have to. It's the intubation.
- 531. And have it ready.
You need to hurry, you need to do it now.
- 532. Okay. Okay.
- 533. All right. Okay. Okay.
- 534. You must go farther, Lucas.
All the way to the back of the tongue.
- 535. - Now do it.
- 536. Insert the tube. Don't hesitate.
- 537. Keep going. Keep going.
- 538. - Ow! Fuck! She's biting me! She's biting me!
- What happened?
- 539. She's...
- 540. - What's happening?
- Something's wrong.
- 541. She's close to death.
- 542. Who is this?
- 543. Hello? Who is this?
- 544. I'm a surgeon, Lucas.
I've been listening since you arrived.
- 545. - Okay.
- He's here to help.
- 546. Do you want to save her life?
- 547. Yes.
- 548. Then whatever you do,
do not remove your hand from her throat.
- 549. Trust me, the tube is not set
and it's the only thing giving her oxygen,
- 550. the only thing keeping her alive.
- 551. But it's also killing her.
- 552. She's got several broken ribs
on her right side
- 553. and the diaphragm is unable
to compress the lung. She can't breathe.
- 554. You must compress the lung.
- 555. - How do you know that?
- You must compress the lung.
- 556. I didn't tell you that.
- 557. You must compress the lung.
- 558. No, no, no, look, I need a minute here.
I'm not really sure what I...
- 559. Compress the lung.
- 560. I must compress the lung! I must...
Fine, what the fuck does that mean?
- 561. First, use your free hand
to expose the rib cage.
- 562. Okay. Okay.
- 563. - Okay. Now what?
- Slowly. Carefully.
- 564. - You can do this, Lucas.
- Now what?
- 565. Make an incision.
- 566. - An incision?
- Make an incision.
- 567. You have to.
- 568. All right.
- 569. Okay. Okay.
- 570. You have the blade.
- 571. Five to seven inches.
Just below the rib cage.
- 572. Slowly.
- 573. Slowly.
- 574. Slowly.
- 575. Okay.
- 576. - Find the lung.
- 577. I got it.
- 578. Compress the lung.
- 579. Fuck!
- 580. Fuck!
- 581. What the fuck?
- 582. What the fuck?
- 583. Fuck!
- 584. Fuck! Fuck!
- 585. Claire?
- 586. Claire's not here.
We're still on.
- 587. We're going to have
to talk about this, Lucas.
- 588. I don't deserve this.
- 589. Really?
- 590. Why don't you elaborate?
- 591. Elaborate.
- 592. She was out in the middle of the road,
in the middle of the fucking night,
- 593. in the middle of nowhere.
- 594. How am I supposed to be expect...
I mean it's...
- 595. It's an extraordinary circumstance, okay?
How am I supposed to be...
- 596. Lucas, it's okay.
- 597. Absolutely okay.
- 598. Right. Right.
- 599. You had no way of knowing.
No way of knowing.
- 600. She was in the middle of the road,
in the middle of the fucking night...
- 601. In the middle of nowhere.
- 602. It doesn't have to be your fault, Lucas.
- 603. Go be with your wife.
- 604. Oh, I can just walk out of here?
- 605. Yes.
- 606. Yes.
- 607. I can leave?
- 608. Yes.
- 609. Yes.
- 610. And you aren't tricking me again?
- 611. No.
- 612. No.
- 613. Find the locker room.
- 614. You'll see.
- 615. Do I need to worry
about what's back there?
- 616. No.
- 617. Absolutely not.
- 618. You were never here.
- 619. Okay.
- 620. I'm hanging up now.
- 621. That's good, Lucas.
- 622. Good night.
- 623. I'll take a beer and a shot of whiskey.
- 624. You forgot to shut the door.
- 625. No, I didn't.
- 626. It didn't latch.
- 627. Come on, Al.
- 628. I been on my feet for hours.
Give me a beer.
- 629. First the door.
- 630. Seriously? It's shut. It's fine.
- 631. Sounds pretty sure of herself, Al.
- 632. At the same time, being sure is sort of
a fancy way of being lazy.
- 633. You want to go check the door?
- 634. I mean...
- 635. You can see from here
it's not shut all the way.
- 636. I'll buy you a beer.
- 637. Well, when you put it like that...
- 638. All right, everybody,
put your hands on the tables!
- 639. Cooperate and we'll get this over with
real fuckin' quick!
- 640. - You! Sit the fuck down!
- Hang on, buddy.
- 641. Put your hands on the table.
- 642. What the fuck part
of "put your hands on the table"
- 643. is so hard for you to understand?
- 644. Maybe before we all get carried away here,
- 645. we stop and think for a minute. Huh?
- 646. - How's that sound?
- That sounds great.
- 647. Now, I know that one shitty bar
might look just like any other.
- 648. But here's some free advice.
- 649. Get back on whatever road it was
that brought you here and keep moving.
- 650. 'Cause I guarantee you
- 651. that robbin' this place
- 652. is way more trouble than it's worth.
- 653. This is not a robbery!
- 654. This is my sister.
- 655. Her name is Jesse,
- 656. and I know that she's in this town.
- 657. Now, I don't want to hurt anybody.
- 658. But I'm telling you right the fuck now,
- 659. I'll do anything to find her.
- 660. Put your fucking hands on the bar!
- 661. Thank you.
- 662. Anyone.
- 663. Anybody seen her?
- 664. Where'd you get that tattoo?
- 665. Did you get that around here?
- 666. Fuck!
- 667. I don't know if I can kill you,
but I bet that it hurts like a motherfucker!
- 668. - One more step! One more fucking step!
- 669. Last time. Have you seen her?
- 670. Yeah.
- 671. Yeah? Where?
- 672. Nowhere you can go, big shot.
- 673. You'll fucking take me!
- 674. Move, motherfucker!
- 675. - Get in. Get in. And drive.
- 676. Fuckin' go, man!
- 677. Where are my road warriors at,
- 678. my veteran road hogs out there
tearing up the pavement
- 679. where the rubber meets the road?
- 680. You may be an old dog,
but you can still learn some new tricks.
- 681. So what's stopping you?
- 682. You don't owe the world shit.
- 683. It's time to live your own life,
and if someone's dumb enough to stand...
- 684. You don't got a lot of time
before the whole valley finds out,
- 685. but you know that, don't ya?
- 686. Yeah. Yeah. If I need you to,
I'm gonna have you drive off the road.
- 687. You don't want to do that.
- 688. It looks like the desert,
but if you go out there,
- 689. you might not come back.
- 690. What the fuck are we doin' here?
- 691. It's around back.
- 692. - In there.
- In where? What?
- 693. How do we get in?
- 694. Through the door.
- 695. Quit being so fuckin' mysterious!
- 696. Sorry.
- 697. That's okay, Danny.
- 698. - How did you know my name?
- 699. You're fucked, Danny!
- 700. And you don't even know it yet.
- 701. Don't you want to see her?
- 702. Yeah.
- 703. Jesse!
- 704. - Jesse, it's me, Danny.
- 705. Danny, what...
- 706. Are you really here?
- 707. I'm really here.
- 708. Oh, my God! You're hurt.
- 709. It's nothing. It's nothing.
I can't believe I found you.
- 710. How did you even get here?
- 711. Man, Danny, you got old.
- 712. I've been searchin' for you for 13 years.
- 713. You look absolutely incredible.
- 714. - Danny, wait...
- Yeah, what?
- 715. - How did you get here?
- 716. Ow!
- 717. - No. Danny, don't!
- What the hell are you doing?
- 718. What the hell are you doing?
- 719. I'm savin' you!
I came to get you the hell outta here!
- 720. Danny, I don't want to leave.
- 721. You don't mean that, Jesse.
Now get outta the fuckin' way.
- 722. - She does mean it, Danny.
- Shut up!
- 723. She's here because she wants to be.
- 724. Come on, Danny.
- 725. Okay? It's time for you to leave.
- 726. - Danny!
- Come on.
- 727. Get your fucking hands off of me!
- 728. Turn us around.
- 729. God damn it!
- 730. You're such an asshole.
- 731. I'm okay with that.
- 732. Just let me be an asshole
and get you the hell out of here.
- 733. Fuck.
- 734. Danny, you're not supposed to go out there.
- 735. If you do this, it's for you,
- 736. it's not for me.
- 737. I don't have a choice.
- 738. I can't see anything!
- 739. There's nothing to see!
- 740. The fuckin' car's gonna fall apart.
- 741. Don't slow down.
- 742. You're not supposed to be here.
- 743. You can't stay here,
and you can't take me with you.
- 744. I'm not leaving you behind.
- 745. You'll need your gun.
- 746. What?
- 747. You have the gun, Danny?
You might have to blow my brains out, too.
- 748. Stop it!
- 749. No, you can't stop!
You can't stop, Danny, it's too late!
- 750. Fucking stop!
- 751. - Fuck!
- 752. This place is made for people like me.
- 753. You shouldn't be here.
- 754. I mean, this whole time growing up,
didn't you ever think about Mom and Dad?
- 755. What do you mean?
- 756. Come on, Danny, tell the truth.
- 757. You've really never thought
it was my fault?
- 758. You can't
- 759. blame yourself for what happened.
- 760. No, you're not listening
to what I'm saying.
- 761. - You were a kid. We were... You were...
- I killed them, Danny.
- 762. I killed them because I wanted to.
- 763. All right? And now I'm here
because I want to be.
- 764. This place found me and I love it here.
- 765. Jesse, help me! Jesse!
- 766. You should've let me go.
- 767. I just wanted to save you.
- 768. Jesse!
- 769. Jesse!
- 770. Forever
- 771. Is a long time
- 772. If that's true
- 773. What are you lookin' at?
- 774. How I'm looking forward to that.
- 775. Yeah.
- 776. You can leave your stuff everywhere.
- 777. - Hey, sweetie.
- Oh, hey, honey.
- 778. I'm so glad that we got to do this
before you start school.
- 779. - Me, too.
- Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay?
- 780. We still have this one last weekend
to have fun.
- 781. Play games and puzzles, make s'mores,
with our little girl.
- 782. It's just exciting, sweetie.
- 783. Well, we all know
the past can be a piece of shit sometimes,
- 784. but when it catches up to you,
you'd better be ready.
- 785. Keep your eyes on the road
and let that engine roar so loud
- 786. that you can't hear those demons
screamin' in your ear.
- 787. Lock your doors and make those tires burn.
- 788. Tell your family you love them
and kiss the past goodbye
- 789. once and for all,
- 790. because every road
has got to end somewhere.
- 791. Am I right?
- 792. All right.
Sure looks better in the pictures.
- 793. Got some charm.
- 794. Uh, listen, why don't you go unpack
and we'll have dinner ready in an hour.
- 795. Cool.
- 796. I'm gonna open some wine.
- 797. Do you think she's ready?
- 798. Of course not. Is anyone ever?
- 799. At a certain point we're just
going to have to trust in the future, right?
- 800. I just hope that she'll learn
to believe in herself.
- 801. And that she'll stand up for herself.
- 802. She will.
- 803. Question is, are you ready?
- 804. I'll be fine.
- 805. I did not say that.
- 806. - That's a good idea though.
- Hey, honey.
- 807. - Hey.
- 808. Hold on, honey, let your dad get it.
- 809. This next one
might be familiar to some of you...
- 810. Who is it?
- 811. who don't want
the night to end. So go ahead...
- 812. Hello?
- 813. Make some mistakes.
You can always get it right the next time.
- 814. Don't let the party in
- 815. Please let it go on and on
- 816. Don't let the party end
- 817. - No one's there.
- 818. I know it's going to happen tonight
- 819. When the party's over
And they turn on the light
- 820. He's going to say the most horrible thing
- 821. And then he's going to ask
for his ring, so
- 822. Don't let the party end
- 823. What is it?
- 824. - Honey, call the cops.
- 825. Call the cops, now! Go!
- 826. Okay.
- 827. Dad, what is it?
- 828. 9-1-1, what's your emergency?
- 829. Uh, someone's trying
to break into the house.
- 830. - What's the address?
- It's 6-2-5-5 Bethel Lane.
- 831. Okay, just take a deep breath.
We're going to be there in about 30 minutes.
- 832. What?
You are gonna be fine.
- 833. Dad?
- 834. Dad?
- 835. - It's gonna take 30 minutes.
- 836. What?
- 837. Dad, what's going on?
- 838. We gotta get out of here. Come here.
- 839. What do you want?
- 840. What do you want?
- 841. Jem! Jem!
- 842. Why are they doing this?
What do they want from us?
- 843. What about Jem?
- 844. - Shh!
- 845. What the fuck do you want from us?
- 846. No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
- 847. What are you talking about, baby?
What are you talking about?
- 848. Listen, I'll give you anything you want,
anything you want, just please,
- 849. let me know what I can do
to make this right, please.
- 850. Oh, my God!
- 851. You told...
- 852. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
- 853. No, no! I will not... No!
- 854. No! Cait! No!
- 855. Cait!
- 856. No! No! No!
- 857. God! No, no!
- 858. No!
- 859. No!
- 860. She was innocent.
- 861. - She was innocent!
- 862. Just kill me!
- 863. Jem! Go!
- 864. Go! Go!
- 865. Go!
- 866. Go!
- 867. Bitch!
- 868. What do you want from us?
- 869. What do you want from us?
- 870. Go.
- 871. Go!
- 872. Thank you.
- 873. Thank you.
- 874. Thank you. I'm so sorry...
- 875. Okay. I'm sorry.
- 876. Shane. Get up.
- 877. A little help?
- 878. Fuck!
- 879. Ow!
- 880. Ow!
- 881. Fuck!
- 882. We let you go!
- 883. Fuck! You!
- 884. Oh, my God!
- 885. What've we done?
- 886. Uh...
- 887. What the fuck?
- 888. Holy shit! Run!
- 889. Mitch! Mitch!
- 890. What the fuck?
- 891. What the fuck?
- 892. Un-fucking-believable.
- 893. Fuck.
- 894. What about Shane?
Fuck Shane. Shane was an ass...
- 895. Fuck!
- 896. What the fuck is that thing?
- 897. Holy shit.
- 898. Fuck this shit!
- 899. Oh!
- 900. Let's go home.
- 901. Regret and remorse. Amends and atonement.
- 902. Well, that's life, right?
- 903. This next one is for you,
- 904. for all you lost souls racing down
that long road to redemption,
- 905. and all you sinners running from your past
- 906. but heading straight
into that pit of darkness up ahead.
- 907. We're all on the same endless highway,
- 908. the one with no name, no exits
- 909. looking for a way out of tonight,
and into tomorrow.
- 910. Well, they're gonna try to stop you,
but you gotta say, "Fuck it,"
- 911. and keep moving
because this is your highway.
- 912. And today might just be the day you
finally outrun those wicked demons
- 913. once and for all.
- 914. And I'll be right here with you
making sure you get where you're going.
- 915. Because in the end, we're all
just trying to find our way home.
- 916. Right?
- 917. Rough night?
- 918. - Yeah.