- 1. In the beginning...
- 2. there was only ocean...
- 3. until the mother island emerged.
- 4. Te Fiti.
- 5. Her heart held the greatest power
- 6. It could create life itself.
- 7. And Te Fiti shared it with the world.
- 8. But in time...
- 9. some began to seek Te Fiti's heart.
- 10. They believed
if they could possess it...
- 11. the great power of creation
would be theirs.
- 12. And one day...
- 13. the most daring of them all...
- 14. voyaged across the vast ocean
to take it.
- 15. He was a demigod of the wind and sea.
- 16. He was a warrior.
- 17. A trickster.
- 18. A shapeshifter who
could change form...
- 19. with the power of his magical fish hook.
- 20. And his name...
- 21. was Maui.
- 22. But without her heart,
Te Fiti began to crumble...
- 23. giving birth to a terrible darkness.
- 24. Maui tried to escape...
- 25. but was confronted by another
who sought the heart.
- 26. Te Kā!
- 27. A demon of earth and fire.
- 28. Maui was struck from the sky...
- 29. never to be seen again.
- 30. And his magical fish hook
and the heart of Te Fiti...
- 31. were lost to the sea.
- 32. Where, even now...
- 33. 1,000 years later...
- 34. Te Kā and the demons of the deep...
- 35. still hunt for the heart.
- 36. Hiding in a darkness
that will continue to spread...
- 37. chasing away our fish...
- 38. draining the life
from island after island...
- 39. until every one of us is devoured...
- 40. by the bloodthirsty jaws...
- 41. of inescapable death!
- 42. But one day...
- 43. the heart will be found...
- 44. by someone who will journey
beyond our reef...
- 45. find Maui...
- 46. deliver him across the great ocean...
- 47. to restore Te Fiti's heart...
- 48. and save us all.
- 49. Whoa, whoa, whoa!
Thank you, Mother. That's enough.
- 50. Papa.
- 51. No one goes outside the reef.
- 52. We are safe here. There is no darkness.
- 53. There are no monsters.
- 54. Monsters!
- 55. - There's no monsters, no monsters...
- it's the darkness!
- 56. No, there is nothing beyond our reef,
but storms and rough seas.
- 57. I'm gonna throw up.
- 58. As long as we stay
on our very safe island...
- 59. we'll be fine.
- 60. The legends are true.
- 61. Someone will have to go.
- 62. Mother, Motunui is paradise.
- 63. Who would want to go anywhere else?
- 64. Shoo, shoo!
- 65. Moana!
- 66. There you are, Moana.
What are you doing? You scared me.
- 67. What? I wanna's go back.
- 68. I know, I know.
But you don't go out there.
- 69. It's dangerous.
- 70. Moana, come on.
- 71. Let's go back to the village.
- 72. You are the next great chief
of our people.
- 73. And you will do wondrous things,
my little minnow.
- 74. Oh, yes. But first, you must learn
where you're meant to be.
- 75. Moana
- 76. Make way, make way
- 77. Moana, it's time you knew
- 78. The village of Motunui is all you need
- 79. The dancers are practicing
- 80. They dance to an ancient song
- 81. Who needs a new song
This old one's all we need
- 82. This tradition is our mission
- 83. And Moana, there's so much to do
- 84. Don't trip on the taro root
- 85. That's all you need
- 86. We share everything we make
- 87. We joke and we weave our baskets
- 88. The fishermen come back from the sea
- 89. I wanna see
- 90. Don't walk away
- 91. Moana, stay on the ground now
- 92. Our people will need a chief
- 93. - And there you are
- There you are
- 94. There comes a day
- 95. When you're gonna look around
And realize happiness is
- 96. Where you are
- 97. Consider the coconut
- 98. - The what
- Consider its tree
- 99. We use each part of the coconut
It's all we need
- 100. We make our nets from the fibers
- 101. The water is sweet inside
- 102. We use the leaves to build fires
We cook up the meat inside
- 103. Consider the coconuts
- 104. The trunks and the leaves
- 105. The island gives us what we need
- 106. And no one leaves
- 107. That's right, we stay
- 108. We're safe and we're well-provided
- 109. And when we look to the future
- 110. There you are
- 111. You'll be okay
- 112. In time you'll learn just as I did
- 113. You must find happiness
right where you are
- 114. I like to dance with the water
The undertow and the waves
- 115. The water is mischievous
Ha! I like how it misbehaves
- 116. The village may think I'm crazy
Or say that I drift too far
- 117. But once you know what you like
Well, there you are
- 118. You are your father's daughter
Stubbornness and pride
- 119. Mind what he says but remember
You may hear a voice inside
- 120. And if the voice starts to whisper
To follow the farthest star
- 121. Moana, that voice inside
is who you are
- 122. - Uh-huh.
- 123. I was only looking at the boats.
I wasn't gonna get on 'em.
- 124. Come on.
There's something I need to show you.
- 125. I've wanted to bring you here from
the moment you opened your eyes.
- 126. This is a sacred place.
- 127. A place of chiefs.
- 128. There will come a time...
- 129. when you will stand on this peak
and place a stone on this mountain.
- 130. Like I did. Like my father did.
- 131. And his father, and every chief
that has ever been.
- 132. And on that day...
- 133. when you add your stone...
- 134. you will raise this whole island higher.
- 135. You are the future of our people, Moana.
- 136. And they are not out there.
- 137. They are right here.
- 138. It's time to be who they need you to be.
- 139. - We make our nets from the fibers
- We weave our nets from the fibers
- 140. - The water is sweet inside
- A real tasty treat inside
- 141. - We use the leaves to build fires
- We sing these songs in our choirs
- 142. - To cook up the meat inside
- We have mouths to feed inside
- 143. - The village believes in us
- That's right
- 144. The village believes
- 145. The island gives us what we need
- 146. And no one leaves
- 147. So here I'll stay
- 148. My home, my people beside me
And when I think of tomorrow
- 149. There we are
- 150. I'll lead the way
- 151. I'll have my people to guide me
- 152. We'll build our future together
- 153. Where we are
- 154. 'Cause every path leads ya back to
- 155. Where you are
- 156. You can find happiness right
- 157. Where you are
- 158. Where you are
- 159. And every storm, this roof leaks,
no matter how many fronds I add.
- 160. Fixed!
- 161. Not the fronds.
- 162. - Wind shifted the post.
- 163. Mmm! That's good pork!
- 164. Oh! I didn't mean... I wasn't...
- 165. What?
They're calling me, so I gotta... Bye!
- 166. Ow! Ow! Ow!
- 167. You're doing great.
- 168. Is it done yet?
- 169. So close.
- 170. I'm curious about that chicken
eating the rock.
- 171. He seems to lack the basic intelligence
required for pretty much everything.
- 172. Should we maybe just cook him?
- 173. Sometimes our strengths lie
beneath the surface.
- 174. Far beneath in some cases.
- 175. But I'm sure there's more to Heihei
- 176. than meets the eye.
- 177. It's the harvest.
- 178. This morning,
I was husking the coconuts and...
- 179. Well...
- 180. we should clear the diseased trees
and we will start a new grove.
- 181. There.
- 182. Thanks, Moana.
- 183. She's doing great.
- 184. This suits you.
- 185. Chief?
- 186. There's something you need to see.
- 187. Our traps in the east lagoon...
- 188. they're pulling up less and less fish.
- 189. Then we'll rotate the fishing grounds.
- 190. Uh, we have. There's no fish.
- 191. Oh. Then we'll fish
the far side of the island.
- 192. We tried.
- 193. The windward side.
- 194. And the leeward side, the shallows,
- 195. We've tried the whole lagoon.
- 196. They're just gone.
- 197. Have you tried using a different bait?
- 198. I don't think it's the bait.
- 199. There's no fish.
- 200. It seems like
it's getting worse and worse.
- 201. Of course, I understand
you have reason for concern.
- 202. I will talk to the council.
I'm sure we...
- 203. What if we fish beyond the reef?
- 204. No one goes beyond the reef.
- 205. I know. But if there are no fish
in the lagoon...
- 206. - Moana.
- And there's a whole ocean.
- 207. We have one rule.
- 208. An old rule, when there were fish.
- 209. - A rule that keeps us safe...
- But Dad, I...
- 210. instead of endangering our people
so you can run right back to the water.
- 211. Every time I think you're past this...
- 212. No one goes beyond the reef!
- 213. Well, it's not like you said it
in front of your dad.
- 214. Standing on a boat.
- 215. I didn't say go beyond the reef,
because I want to be on the ocean.
- 216. But you still do.
- 217. - He's hard on you because...
- Because he doesn't get me.
- 218. Because he was you.
- 219. Drawn to the ocean.
- 220. Down by the shore.
- 221. He took a canoe, Moana.
- 222. He crossed the reef...
- 223. and found an unforgiving sea.
- 224. Waves like mountains.
- 225. His best friend begged
to be on that boat.
- 226. Your dad couldn't save him.
- 227. He's hoping he can save you.
- 228. Sometimes...
- 229. who we wish we were,
what we wish we could do...
- 230. it's just not meant to be.
- 231. I've been staring
at the edge of the water
- 232. Long as I can remember
- 233. Never really knowing why
- 234. I wish I could be the perfect daughter
- 235. But I come back to the water
- 236. No matter how hard I try
- 237. Every turn I take
Every trail I track
- 238. Every path I make
Every road leads back
- 239. To the place I know
Where I cannot go
- 240. Where I long to be
- 241. See the line where the
sky meets the sea
- 242. It calls me
- 243. And no one knows
- 244. How far it goes
- 245. If the wind in my sail on the sea
Stays behind me
- 246. One day I'll know
- 247. If I go, there's just no telling
how far I'll go
- 248. I know everybody on this island
- 249. Seems so happy on this island
- 250. Everything is by design
- 251. I know everybody on this island
- 252. Has a role on this island
- 253. So maybe I can roll with mine
- 254. I can lead with pride
I can make us strong
- 255. I'll be satisfied
If I play along
- 256. But the voice inside
Sings a different song
- 257. What is wrong with me
- 258. See the light as it shines on the sea
- 259. It's blinding
- 260. But no one knows
- 261. How deep it goes
- 262. And it seems like it's calling out to me
- 263. So come find me
- 264. And let me know
- 265. What's beyond that line
Will I cross that line
- 266. The line where the sky meets the sea
- 267. It calls me
- 268. And no one knows
- 269. How far it goes
- 270. If the wind in my sail on the sea
stays behind me
- 271. One day I'll know
- 272. How far I'll go
- 273. Whoa.
- 274. We're okay, Pua.
- 275. I can do this.
- 276. There's more fish beyond the reef.
- 277. There's more beyond the reef.
- 278. Not so bad.
- 279. Pua!
- 280. Whatever just happened...
- 281. blame it on the pig.
- 282. Gramma.
- 283. Are you gonna tell Dad?
- 284. I'm his mom.
I don't have to tell him anything.
- 285. He was right.
- 286. About going out there.
- 287. It's time to put my stone
on the mountain.
- 288. Okay. Well, then, head on back.
- 289. Put that stone up there.
- 290. Why aren't you trying
to talk me out of it?
- 291. You said that's what you wanted.
- 292. It is.
- 293. When I die...
- 294. I'm going to come back as one of these.
- 295. Or I chose the wrong tattoo.
- 296. Why are you acting weird?
- 297. I'm the village crazy lady.
That's my job.
- 298. If there's something you want to tell me,
just tell me!
- 299. Is there something you wanna tell me?
- 300. Is there something you want to hear?
- 301. You've been told
all our people's stories...
- 302. but one.
- 303. What is this place?
- 304. Do you really think
our ancestors stayed within the reef?
- 305. Ooh!
- 306. What's in there?
- 307. The answer to the question
you keep asking yourself.
- 308. Who are you meant to be?
- 309. Go inside...
- 310. bang the drum...
- 311. and find out.
- 312. Whoa.
- 313. Oh.
- 314. Bang the drum.
- 315. We read the wind and the sky
- 316. When the sun is high
- 317. We sail the length of the seas
- 318. On the ocean breeze
- 319. At night we name every star
- 320. We know where we are
- 321. We know who we are
Who we are
- 322. We set a course to find
- 323. A brand new island
everywhere we roam
- 324. We keep our island in our mind
- 325. And when it's time to find home
- 326. We know the way
- 327. We are explorers reading every sign
- 328. We tell the stories of our elders
In a never-ending chain
- 329. We know the way
- 330. We were voyagers.
- 331. We were voyagers!
- 332. We were voyagers! We were voyagers!
- 333. We were voyagers!
- 334. Why'd we stop?
- 335. Maui.
- 336. When he stole from the mother island,
- 337. Te Kā awoke.
- 338. Monsters lurked
and boats stopped coming back.
- 339. To protect our people,
the ancient chiefs forbid voyaging...
- 340. and now we have forgotten who we are.
- 341. And the darkness
has continued to spread...
- 342. chasing away our fish...
- 343. draining the life...
- 344. from island after island.
- 345. Our island.
- 346. But, one day...
- 347. someone will journey beyond our reef,
- 348. deliver him across the great ocean...
- 349. to restore the heart of Te Fiti.
- 350. I was there that day.
- 351. The ocean chose you.
- 352. I thought it was a dream.
- 353. Nope!
- 354. Our ancestors
believed Maui lies there...
- 355. at the bottom of his hook.
- 356. Follow it, and you will find him.
- 357. But why would it choose me?
- 358. I don't even know
how to make it past the reef.
- 359. But I know who does!
- 360. The crops
are turning black.
- 361. What about the fish?
- 362. This is happening all over the island.
- 363. - Please, please settle down.
- What are you going to do?
- 364. We will dig new fields.
We will find a way to...
- 365. We can stop the darkness!
Save our island!
- 366. There's a cavern of boats.
- 367. Huge canoes.
- 368. We can take them, find Maui,
make him restore the heart.
- 369. We were voyagers.
We can voyage again!
- 370. You told me to help our people.
- 371. This is how we help our people.
- 372. Dad?
- 373. What are you doing?
- 374. I should've burned those boats
a long time ago!
- 375. No! Don't!
- 376. We have to find Maui.
We have to restore the heart!
- 377. There is no heart!
- 378. This is just a rock!
- 379. No!
- 380. Chief! It's your mother!
- 381. Mother...
- 382. What can be done?
- 383. Go.
- 384. Gramma.
- 385. Go.
- 386. Not now. I can't.
- 387. You must!
- 388. The ocean chose you.
- 389. Follow the fish hook.
- 390. Gramma...
- 391. And when you find Maui...
- 392. you grab him by the ear. You say...
- 393. "I am Moana of Motunui.
- 394. "You will board my boat...
- 395. "sail across the sea...
- 396. "and restore the heart of Te Fiti."
- 397. I can't leave you.
- 398. There is nowhere you could go
that I won't be with you.
- 399. Go!
- 400. There's a line
where the sky meets the sea
- 401. And it calls me
- 402. But no one knows
- 403. How far it goes
- 404. All that time wondering where I need
to be is behind me
- 405. I'm on my own
- 406. To worlds unknown
- 407. Every turn I take
Every trail I track
- 408. Is a choice I make
- 409. Now I can't turn back
from the great unknown
- 410. Where I go alone
Where I long to be
- 411. See her light up the night in the sea
- 412. She calls me
- 413. And yes, I know
- 414. That I can go
- 415. There's a moon in the sky
And the wind is behind me
- 416. Soon I'll know
- 417. How far I'll go
- 418. I am Moana of Motunui.
You will board my boat...
- 419. sail across the sea
and restore the heart of Te Fiti.
- 420. I am Moana...
- 421. of Motu...
- 422. nui.
- 423. Heihei?
- 424. It's okay. You're all right.
- 425. See?
- 426. There we go. Nice water.
- 427. The ocean is a friend of mine.
- 428. Heihei?
- 429. Heihei!
- 430. Stay.
- 431. Okay. Next stop, Maui.
- 432. I am Moana of Motunui.
- 433. You will board my boat...
- 434. sail... across the sea...
- 435. and restore the heart of Te Fiti.
- 436. I am Moana of Motu...
- 437. Board my boat!
- 438. Oh, no.
- 439. No, no, no!
- 440. Ocean...
- 441. can I get a little help?
- 442. No, no.
- 443. Please.
- 444. Come on!
- 445. Help me!
- 446. Please!
- 447. Whew!
- 448. Um...
- 449. What?
- 450. I said help me!
- 451. And wrecking my boat?
- 452. Not helping!
- 453. Fish pee in you all day!
- 454. So...
- 455. Maui?
- 456. Maui!
- 457. Maui, demigod of the wind and sea...
- 458. I am Moana of Motunui.
- 459. You will board my boat.
- 460. No. You will board my boat.
- 461. Yeah. I am Moana of Motunui.
- 462. You will board my...
- 463. Boat! A boat!
- 464. The gods have given me a...
- 465. Maui, shapeshifter...
- 466. demigod of the wind and sea...
- 467. - I am Moana of...
- Hero of men.
- 468. What?
- 469. It's actually, Maui, shapeshifter,
demigod of the wind and sea...
- 470. hero of men.
- 471. I interrupted.
From the top. Hero of men. Go.
- 472. I am...
- 473. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
- 474. And women. Men and women.
- 475. Both. All.
- 476. Not a guy, girl thing.
- 477. You know, Maui is a hero to all.
- 478. You're doing great.
- 479. What? No! I'm here to...
- 480. Of course.
- 481. Yes, yes, yes.
- 482. Maui always has time for his fans.
- 483. When you use a bird to write with...
- 484. it's called tweeting.
- 485. I know, not every day
you get a chance to meet your hero.
- 486. You are not my hero.
- 487. And I'm not here
so you can sign my oar!
- 488. I'm here 'cause
you stole the heart of Te Fiti!
- 489. And you will board my boat...
- 490. and sail across the sea and put it back!
- 491. Um...
- 492. Yeah, it almost sounded
like you don't like me...
- 493. which is impossible because...
- 494. I got stuck here for 1,000 years...
- 495. trying to get the heart
as a gift for you mortals.
- 496. So you could have the power
to create life itself.
- 497. Yeah. So, what I believe
you were trying to say...
- 498. is "thank you."
- 499. - "Thank you?"
- You're welcome.
- 500. What? No, no, no!
- 501. I didn't... I wasn't...
- 502. Why would I ever say that?
- 503. Okay, okay.
- 504. I see what's happening
- 505. You're face to face with greatness
and it's strange
- 506. You don't even know how you feel
- 507. It's adorable
- 508. Well it's nice to see that humans
- 509. Open your eyes
- 510. Yes, it's really me
- 511. It's Maui
Breathe it in
- 512. I know it's a lot
- 513. The hair
- 514. When you're staring at a demigod
- 515. What can I say except
- 516. You're welcome
- 517. For the tides, the sun, the sky
- 518. Hey, it's okay, it's okay
- 519. You're welcome
- 520. I'm just an ordinary demiguy
- 521. What has two thumbs
and pulled up the sky
- 522. When you were waddling yay high?
- 523. This guy
- 524. When the nights got cold
Who stole you fire from down below?
- 525. You're looking at him yo
- 526. Oh also I lassoed the sun
- 527. You're welcome
- 528. To stretch your days and bring you fun
- 529. Also I harnessed the breeze
- 530. You're welcome
- 531. To fill your sails and shake your trees
- 532. So what can I say except
- 533. For the islands I pulled from the sea
- 534. There's no need to pray
- 535. You're welcome
- 536. Ha
I guess it's just my way of being me
- 537. You're welcome
- 538. You're welcome
- 539. Well come to think of it
- 540. Kid, honestly I could go on and on
- 541. I could explain every
- 542. The tide, the grass, the ground
Oh that was Maui just messing around
- 543. I killed an eel
I buried its guts
- 544. Sprouted a tree
Now you got coconuts
- 545. What's the lesson?
What is the take away?
- 546. Don't mess with Maui
when he's on a breakaway
- 547. And the tapestry here on my skin
Is a map of the victories I win
- 548. Look where I've been
I make everything happen
- 549. Look at that
Mean Mini-Maui just tickety tappin'
- 550. Ha ha
- 551. Ha ha
- 552. Well anyway let me say
- 553. You're welcome
- 554. For the wonderful world you know
- 555. Hey, it's okay, it's okay
- 556. You're welcome
- 557. Well come to think of it
I gotta go
- 558. Hey it's your day to say
- 559. You're welcome
- 560. 'Cause I'm gonna need that boat
- 561. I'm sailing away away
- 562. You're welcome
- 563. 'Cause Maui can do
everything but float
- 564. - You're welcome
- You're welcome
- 565. - You're welcome
- You're welcome
- 566. Huh?
- 567. And thank you!
- 568. Hey!
- 569. Let me out! You lying, slimy son of a...
- 570. You're welcome
- 571. You're so welcome.
- 572. No. I'm not going to Te Fiti
with some kid.
- 573. I'm going to get my hook.
- 574. You have yours and
I'm not Maui without mine.
- 575. Okay, talk to the back.
- 576. Boat snack.
- 577. Good riddance,
you filthy pile of pebbles.
- 578. Oh, no, no, no.
Don't look at me like that.
- 579. It's a beautiful cave.
She's gonna love it.
- 580. And I'm going to love you in ma belly.
- 581. Now, let's fatten you up, drumstick.
- 582. I could watch that all day.
- 583. Okay. Enjoy the island.
- 584. Maui, out.
- 585. No! Stop!
- 586. Hey! You have to put back the heart!
- 587. Did not see that coming.
- 588. I am Moana of Motunui.
- 589. This is my canoe...
- 590. and you will journey to...
- 591. All right, get over it. We gotta move.
- 592. And she's back.
- 593. I am Moana of Motunui...
- 594. it was Moana, right?
- 595. Yes.
- 596. And you will restore the heart!
- 597. All right. I'm out.
- 598. Oh, come on!
- 599. What is your problem?
- 600. Are you afraid of it?
- 601. No! No.
- 602. I'm not afraid.
- 603. Stay out of it
or you're sleeping in my armpit.
- 604. You, stop it.
- 605. That is not a heart. It is a curse.
- 606. The second I took it,
I got blasted outta the sky...
- 607. and I lost my hook.
- 608. Get it away from me.
- 609. Get this away?
- 610. Hey, hey, hey! I'm a demigod, okay?
- 611. Stop that. I will smite you!
- 612. You wanna get smote?
- 613. Smotten?
- 614. Listen, that thing doesn't give you
power to create life...
- 615. it's a homing beacon of death.
- 616. If you don't put it away,
bad things are gonna come for it.
- 617. Come for this? The heart?
- 618. You mean this heart right here?
- 619. Don't, you can't
raise your voice like that!
- 620. Come and get it!
- 621. You are gonna get us killed!
- 622. No, I'm gonna get us to Te Fiti,
so you can put it back.
- 623. Thank you.
- 624. You're welcome.
- 625. Kakamora.
- 626. Kaka-what?
- 627. Murdering little pirates.
- 628. Wonder what they're here for.
- 629. They're kinda cute.
- 630. Ocean!
- 631. Do something! Help us!
- 632. The ocean doesn't help you,
you help yourself!
- 633. Tighten the halyard. Bind the stays!
- 634. You can't sail?
- 635. I, uh...
- 636. I am self-taught.
- 637. Can't you shapeshift or something?
- 638. Do you see my hook?
- 639. No magic hook, no magic powers!
- 640. Their boat is turning into more boats!
- 641. Yep, I just did that.
- 642. No, no!
- 643. Heihei!
- 644. Maui!
- 645. They took the heart!
- 646. That's a chicken.
- 647. The heart is in the...
- 648. We have to get him back!
- 649. Maui!
- 650. Cheeeehoooo!
- 651. There! Right there!
- 652. You're turning?
- 653. What are you doing?
- 654. Escaping!
- 655. The heart!
- 656. Forget it! You'll never get it back!
- 657. Besides, you got a better one.
- 658. Hey!
- 659. What am I gonna steer with?
- 660. They're just gonna kill ya!
- 661. Coconuts.
- 662. Got it!
- 663. Hey!
- 664. Yeah!
- 665. We did it!
- 666. Congratulations
on not being dead, girlie.
- 667. You surprise me.
- 668. But I'm still not taking that thing back.
- 669. You wanna get to Te Fiti you gotta
go through a whole ocean of bad.
- 670. Not to mention Te Kā.
- 671. Lava monster?
- 672. Ever defeat a lava monster?
- 673. No. Have you?
- 674. I'm not going on a suicide mission
with some mortal.
- 675. You can't restore the heart without me...
- 676. and me says no.
- 677. I'm getting my hook.
- 678. End of discussion.
- 679. You'd be a hero.
- 680. That's what you're all about, right?
- 681. Little girl, I am a hero.
- 682. Maybe you were.
- 683. But now...
- 684. now you're just the guy
who stole the heart of Te Fiti.
- 685. The guy who cursed the world.
- 686. You're no one's hero.
- 687. No one?
- 688. But...
- 689. put this back...
- 690. save the world...
- 691. you'd be everyone's hero.
- 692. Maui! Maui! Maui!
- 693. You're so amazing!
- 694. We'd never make it without my hook.
Not past Te Kā.
- 695. Then we get your hook.
- 696. We get your hook, take out Te Kā,
restore the heart.
- 697. Unless you don't wanna be...
- 698. Maui, demigod of the wind and sea.
- 699. Hero to...
- 700. all.
- 701. First, we get my hook.
- 702. Then save the world.
- 703. Deal?
- 704. Deal.
- 705. Worth a shot.
- 706. Okay, we go east.
- 707. To the lair of Tamatoa.
- 708. If anyone has my hook,
it's that beady-eyed bottom-feeder.
- 709. Teach me to sail.
- 710. My job is to deliver Maui
across the great ocean.
- 711. I should...
- 712. I should be sailing.
- 713. It's called wayfinding, princess.
- 714. And it's not just sails and knots...
- 715. it's seeing where you're going
in your mind.
- 716. Knowing where you are...
- 717. by knowing where you've been.
- 718. Okay, first, I'm not a princess.
- 719. I am the daughter of the chief.
- 720. - Same difference.
- 721. If you wear a dress,
and you have an animal sidekick...
- 722. you're a princess.
- 723. You are not a wayfinder.
- 724. You will never be a wayfinder,
you will never be a...
- 725. Really? Blow dart in my butt cheek?
- 726. You are a bad person.
- 727. If you can talk, you can teach.
- 728. Wayfinding.
- 729. Lesson one. Hit it.
- 730. Pull the sheet.
- 731. Not the sheet.
- 732. No.
- 733. Nope.
- 734. Nope. No.
- 735. Tried that one already.
- 736. You're measuring the stars,
not giving the sky a high-five.
- 737. If the current's warm,
you're going the right way.
- 738. It's cold.
- 739. Wait, it's getting warmer.
- 740. Aah! That is disgusting!
What is wrong with you?
- 741. We're here?
- 742. See, told you I could do it!
- 743. Motunui?
- 744. I'm home?
- 745. - Moana!
- 746. Moana!
- 747. Mom?
- 748. Help!
- 749. No!
- 750. Moana!
- 751. Enjoy your beauty rest?
- 752. You know,
a real wayfinder never sleeps...
- 753. so they actually get
where they need to go.
- 754. Muscle up, buttercup.
- 755. We're here.
- 756. You're sure this guy's gonna
have your hook?
- 757. Tamatoa? Oh, he'll have it.
- 758. He's a scavenger. Collects stuff.
Thinks it makes him look cool.
- 759. Ah!
- 760. And for Tamatoa, trust me...
- 761. my hook is the coolest collectible.
- 762. And he lives up there?
- 763. No,no, no.
- 764. That's just the entrance...
- 765. to Lalotai.
- 766. Lalotai?
- 767. Realm of monsters?
- 768. We're going to the realm of monsters?
- 769. We? No. Me.
- 770. You are gonna stay here
with the other chicken.
- 771. That's what I'm talking about.
- 772. Come on. That was a good one.
How do you not get it?
- 773. I called her a chicken,
there's a chicken on the boat.
- 774. I know she's human,
but that's not the...
- 775. You know what? Forget it. Forget it!
- 776. I'm not explaining it to you.
- 777. 'Cause then it's not funny.
- 778. So, daughter of the chief...
- 779. I thought you stayed in the village.
- 780. You know, kissing babies and things.
- 781. Hey, I'm just trying to understand...
- 782. why your people decided to send...
- 783. How do I phrase this? You.
- 784. My people didn't send me.
- 785. The ocean did.
- 786. The ocean?
- 787. Makes sense.
- 788. You're what, eight? Can't sail.
- 789. Obvious choice.
- 790. It chose me for a reason.
- 791. If the ocean's so smart...
- 792. why didn't it just take the heart
back to Te Fiti itself?
- 793. Or bring me my hook?
- 794. The ocean's straight up kooky-dooks.
- 795. But I'm sure it's not wrong about you.
- 796. You're the Chosen One!
- 797. The ocean chose you for a reason.
- 798. If you start singing,
I'm gonna throw up.
- 799. So, not seeing an entrance.
- 800. Yes, because it only appears...
- 801. after a human sacrifice.
- 802. Kidding.
- 803. So serious.
- 804. Don't worry...
- 805. it's a lot farther down than it looks.
- 806. Cheeeehoooo!
- 807. I am still falling!
- 808. You can do this.
- 809. Go!
- 810. And he sticks the landing.
- 811. Huh?
- 812. What? Dum-dum, she's not even here.
- 813. No mortal's gonna jump
into the realm of...
- 814. Huh?
- 815. Well, she's dead.
- 816. Okay, let's get my hook.
- 817. Ew! Ew, ew, ew, ew.
- 818. Maui's fishhook!
- 819. Yeah!
- 820. Sorry!
- 821. I thought you were a monster...
- 822. But I found your hook.
- 823. And, you're right, this Tamatoa guy
really likes his treasure.
- 824. Stay.
- 825. What? No. I'm the one who found...
- 826. Listen. For a thousand years...
- 827. I've only been thinking of
keeping this hair silky...
- 828. getting my hook...
- 829. and being awesome again.
- 830. And it's not getting screwed up
by a mortal...
- 831. who has no business
inside of a monster cave, except...
- 832. Except...
- 833. maybe as bait.
- 834. Huh?
- 835. Wow!
- 836. The shiny, glittery cave.
- 837. And just like me...
- 838. it is covered in sparkly treasure.
- 839. Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.
- 840. You're not selling it!
- 841. This is stupid!
I'm just gonna walk up and get it!
- 842. You go up there, he will kill you.
Just stick to the plan.
- 843. Oh, when he shows up,
keep him distracted.
- 844. Make him talk about himself.
- 845. He loves bragging about
how great he is.
- 846. You two must get along swell.
- 847. No, not since I ripped off his leg.
- 848. You ripped off his...
- 849. Maui?
- 850. What have we here?
- 851. It's a sparkly, shiny... Wait a minute.
- 852. Ugh! It's a human!
- 853. What are you doing down here,
in the realm of the...
- 854. Just pick an eye, babe.
- 855. I can't concentrate
on what I'm saying if you keep...
- 856. Yeah, pick one, pick one!
- 857. You're a funny-looking little thing,
- 858. Don't! That's my gramma's!
- 859. "That's my gramma's!"
- 860. I ate my gramma!
- 861. And it took a week,
'cause she was absolutely humongous.
- 862. Why are you here?
- 863. 'Cause you're amazing!
- 864. And we mortals have heard of the tale
of the crab who became a legend!
- 865. And I just had to know...
- 866. how you became so...
- 867. crabulous?
- 868. Are you just trying to get me
to talk about myself?
- 869. Because if you are...
- 870. I will gladly do so.
- 871. Huh?
- 872. In song form!
- 873. Well, Tamatoa
hasn't always been this glam
- 874. I was a drab little crab once
- 875. Now I know I can be happy as a clam
- 876. Because I'm beautiful, baby
- 877. And did your granny say
- 878. Listen to your heart
- 879. Be who you are on the inside
- 880. I need three words
To tear her argument apart
- 881. Your granny lied
- 882. I'd rather be shiny
- 883. Like a treasure
From a sunken pirate wreck
- 884. Scrub the deck
And make it look shiny
- 885. I will sparkle like a
Wealthy woman's neck
- 886. Just a sec
Don't ya know
- 887. Fish are dumb, dumb, dumb
They chase anything that glitters
- 888. Beginners
- 889. Oh, and here they come, come, come
- 890. To the brightest thing that glitters
- 891. Mm, fish dinners
- 892. I just love free food
- 893. And you look like seafood
- 894. Hey, crab cake!
- 895. I'm back.
- 896. It's Maui Time!
- 897. What do you say, little buddy?
- 898. Giant hawk? Coming up!
- 899. Cheeeehoooo!
- 900. Cheeeehoooo!
- 901. Well, well, well.
- 902. Little Maui's having
trouble with his look
- 903. Ya little semi-demi-mini-god
- 904. Ouch
What a terrible performance
- 905. Get the hook
- 906. You don't swing it
Like you used to, man
- 907. Yet I have to give you
Credit for my start
- 908. And your tattoos on the outside
- 909. For just like you
I made myself a work of art
- 910. I 'll never hide
- 911. I'm too shiny
- 912. Watch me dazzle
Like a diamond in the rough
- 913. Strut my stuff
My stuff is so shiny
- 914. Send your armies
But they'll never be enough
- 915. My shell's too tough
- 916. You can try, try, try
But you can't expect a demigod
- 917. To beat a decapod
Look it up
- 918. You Will die, die, die
- 919. Now it's time for me to take apart
- 920. Your achin' heart
- 921. Far from the ones who abandoned you
- 922. Chasing the love of these humans
- 923. Who made you feel wanted
- 924. You tried to be tough
- 925. But your armor's just not hard enough
- 926. Maui
Now it's time to kick your heinie
- 927. Ever seen someone so shiny
- 928. Soak it in
'Cause it's the last you'll ever see
- 929. C'est la vie
- 930. I'm so shiny
- 931. Now I eat you so
prepare your final plea
- 932. Just for me
- 933. You'll never be quite as shiny
- 934. You wish you were nice and shiny
- 935. - Hey!
- 936. I got something shiny for ya!
- 937. The heart of Te Fiti.
- 938. You can't run from me!
- 939. Oh, you can. You keep surprising me.
- 940. There's only so far you can get
on those two little legs.
- 941. The power of creation...
- 942. for a crustacean.
- 943. Where is it? Where is it?
- 944. We gotta go!
- 945. What about the heart?
- 946. He can have it. I've got a better one.
- 947. Yes, I have the...
- 948. Wait a minute.
- 949. I see, she's taken a barnacle
and she's covered it in...
- 950. bioluminescent algae as a diversion.
- 951. Come back here!
- 952. Cheeeehoooo!
- 953. Hey!
- 954. Did you like the song?
- 955. We're alive!
- 956. We're alive!
- 957. Listen...
- 958. I appreciate what you did down there.
- 959. Mm-hmm.
- 960. - Took guts.
- 961. - But...
- 962. I'm sorry.
- 963. I'm trying to be sincere for once,
and it feels like you're distracted.
- 964. No, no. No way!
- 965. Really? Because you're looking at me
like I have a...
- 966. shark head.
- 967. What? Do you have a shark head?
- 968. Look, the point is...
- 969. for a little girl, child, thing,
- 970. who had no business
being down there...
- 971. you did me a solid.
- 972. But you also almost died.
- 973. And I couldn't even beat that dumb crab.
- 974. So, chances of beating Te Kā?
- 975. Bupkis.
- 976. We're never making it to Te Fiti.
This mission is cursed.
- 977. It's not cursed.
- 978. Shark head.
- 979. It is not cursed.
- 980. Cursed.
- 981. What can I say except
- 982. We're dead soon
- 983. We're dead soon
- 984. Can you at least try?
- 985. Giant hawk.
- 986. Hey, it's okay, it's okay
We're dead soon
- 987. All right, break time's over.
- 988. Get up.
- 989. Why? Are you gonna
give me a speech?
- 990. Tell me I can beat Te Kā
'cause I'm "Maui?"
- 991. Take a hike, Tiny.
- 992. How do you get your tattoos?
- 993. They show up. When I earn them.
- 994. How'd you earn that one?
What's that for?
- 995. That's man's discovery of Nunya.
- 996. What's Nunya?
- 997. Nunya business.
- 998. I'll just keep asking.
- 999. What's it for?
- 1000. You need to stop doing that.
- 1001. - Back off.
- Just tell me what it is.
- 1002. I said back off.
- 1003. Is it why your hook's not working?
- 1004. You don't wanna talk, don't talk.
- 1005. You wanna throw me off the boat...
- 1006. throw me off.
- 1007. You wanna tell me
I don't know what I'm doing...
- 1008. I know I don't.
- 1009. I have no idea why the ocean chose me.
- 1010. You're right.
- 1011. But my island is dying...
- 1012. so I am here.
- 1013. It's just me and you.
- 1014. And I want to help...
- 1015. but I can't if you don't let me.
- 1016. I wasn't born a demigod.
- 1017. I had human parents.
- 1018. They took one look and decided...
- 1019. they did not want me.
- 1020. They threw me into the sea...
- 1021. like I was nothing.
- 1022. Somehow, I was found by the gods.
- 1023. They gave me the hook.
- 1024. They made me...
- 1025. Maui.
- 1026. And back to the humans I went.
- 1027. I gave them islands, fire, coconuts.
- 1028. Anything they could ever want.
- 1029. You took the heart for them.
- 1030. You did everything for them.
- 1031. So they'd love you.
- 1032. It was never enough.
- 1033. Maybe the gods found you for a reason.
- 1034. Maybe the ocean brought you to them...
- 1035. because it saw someone
who was worthy of being saved.
- 1036. But the gods aren't the ones
who make you Maui.
- 1037. You are.
- 1038. Okay, okay.
- 1039. I love you, too, buddy.
- 1040. Cheeeehoooo!
- 1041. Yeah!
- 1042. Next stop, Te Fiti.
- 1043. What?
- 1044. I figured it out.
- 1045. You know, the ocean used to love
when I pulled up islands...
- 1046. 'cause your ancestors
would sail her seas and find 'em.
- 1047. All those new lands, new villages.
- 1048. It was the water that connected 'em all.
- 1049. And if I were the ocean...
- 1050. I think I'd be looking for
a curly-haired non-princess...
- 1051. to start that again.
- 1052. That is literally the nicest thing
you've ever said to me.
- 1053. Probably should have saved it
for Te Fiti.
- 1054. I did.
- 1055. Moana of Motunui...
- 1056. I believe you have officially
delivered Maui across the great sea.
- 1057. Moana! Moana! Moana!
- 1058. You're so amazing!
- 1059. It's time.
- 1060. Go save the world.
- 1061. Cheeeehoooo!
- 1062. Maui!
- 1063. What are you doing?
- 1064. Finding you a better way in!
- 1065. - We won't make it!
- Yes, we will!
- 1066. - Turn around!
- 1067. Moana, stop!
- 1068. No!
- 1069. Are you okay?
- 1070. Maui?
- 1071. I told you to turn back.
- 1072. I thought we could make it.
- 1073. We?
- 1074. I thought I could make it.
- 1075. We can fix it.
- 1076. It was made by the gods.
- 1077. You can't fix it!
- 1078. Next time we'll be more careful.
- 1079. Te Kā was stuck on the barrier islands.
- 1080. It's lava, it can't go in the water.
- 1081. We can find a way around.
- 1082. I'm not going back.
- 1083. We still have to restore the heart.
- 1084. My hook is cracked.
- 1085. One more hit, and it's over.
- 1086. Maui, you have to restore the heart.
- 1087. Without my hook, I am nothing.
- 1088. That's not true!
- 1089. Without my hook, I am nothing!
- 1090. We are only here...
- 1091. because you stole the heart
in the first place.
- 1092. No, we're here because
the ocean told you you're special...
- 1093. and you believed it.
- 1094. I am Moana of Motunui.
- 1095. - You will board my boat...
- Goodbye, Moana.
- 1096. sail across the sea...
- 1097. I'm not killing myself...
- 1098. so you can prove
you're something you're not!
- 1099. and restore the heart of Te Fiti!
- 1100. The ocean chose me!
- 1101. It chose wrong.
- 1102. Maui!
- 1103. Why did you bring me here?
- 1104. I'm not the right person.
- 1105. You have to choose someone else.
- 1106. Choose someone else.
- 1107. Please.
- 1108. No.
- 1109. You're a long ways
past the reef.
- 1110. Gramma?
- 1111. Guess I chose the right tattoo.
- 1112. Gramma!
- 1113. I tried, Gramma.
- 1114. I couldn't do it.
- 1115. It's not your fault.
- 1116. I never should have put so much
on your shoulders.
- 1117. If you are ready to go home...
- 1118. I will be with you.
- 1119. Why do you hesitate?
- 1120. I don't know.
- 1121. I know a girl from an island
- 1122. She stands apart from the crowd
- 1123. She loves the sea and her people
- 1124. She makes her whole family proud
- 1125. Sometimes the world
seems against you
- 1126. The journey may leave a scar
- 1127. But scars can heal and reveal just
- 1128. Where you are
- 1129. The people you love will change you
- 1130. The things you have
learned will guide you
- 1131. And nothing on earth can silence
- 1132. The quiet voice still inside you
- 1133. And when that voice starts to whisper
- 1134. Moana, you've come so far
- 1135. Moana, listen
- 1136. Do you know who you are?
- 1137. Who am I?
- 1138. I am a girl who loves my island
- 1139. And the girl who loves the sea
- 1140. It calls me
- 1141. I am the daughter of the village chief
- 1142. We are descended from voyagers
- 1143. Who found their way across the world
- 1144. They call me
- 1145. I've delivered us to where we are
- 1146. I have journeyed farther
- 1147. I am everything I've learned and more
- 1148. Still it calls me
- 1149. And the call isn't out there at all
- 1150. It's inside me
- 1151. It's like the tide
- 1152. Always falling and rising
- 1153. I will carry you here in my heart
- 1154. You remind me
- 1155. That come what may
- 1156. I know the way
- 1157. I am Moana
- 1158. I am Moana of Motunui.
- 1159. Aboard my boat...
- 1160. I will sail across the sea...
- 1161. and restore the heart of Te Fiti.
- 1162. Te Kā can't follow us into the water.
- 1163. We make it past the barrier islands...
- 1164. we make it to Te Fiti.
- 1165. None of which you understand...
- 1166. because you are a chicken.
- 1167. No!
- 1168. Heihei! No, no, no!
- 1169. Nice work!
- 1170. Te Fiti.
- 1171. Maui!
- 1172. You came back.
- 1173. But your hook.
- 1174. One more hit and...
- 1175. Te Kā's gotta catch me first.
- 1176. I got your back, Chosen One.
- 1177. Go save the world.
- 1178. Maui.
- 1179. Thank you.
- 1180. You're welcome.
- 1181. Cheeeehoooo!
- 1182. Hot-hot-hot, hot-hot-hot!
- 1183. Hey, Te Kā!
- 1184. Shark head!
- 1185. Cheeeehoooo!
- 1186. Moana!
- 1187. Get the heart to the spiral!
- 1188. Te Fiti...
- 1189. it's gone.
- 1190. Te Kā!
- 1191. Let her come to me.
- 1192. I have crossed the horizon to find you
- 1193. I know your name
- 1194. They have stolen the
heart from inside you
- 1195. But this does not define you
- 1196. This is not who you are
- 1197. You know who you are
- 1198. Who you truly are.
- 1199. Te Fiti!
- 1200. The chicken lives.
- 1201. I'm sorry about your hook.
- 1202. Well, hook, no hook...
- 1203. I'm Maui.
- 1204. Te Fiti!
- 1205. Hey, I mean, how you been?
- 1206. Look, what I did was...
- 1207. wrong.
- 1208. I have no excuse.
- 1209. I'm sorry.
- 1210. You know, it'd be rude to refuse
a gift from a goddess.
- 1211. Cheeeehoooo!
- 1212. Thank you.
- 1213. Your kind gesture is
- 1214. Cheeeehoooo.
- 1215. Gonna miss you, drumstick.
- 1216. You could come with us, you know.
- 1217. My people are going to need
a master wayfinder.
- 1218. They already have one.
- 1219. See you out there, Maui.
- 1220. See you out there, Moana.
- 1221. Cheeeehoooo!
- 1222. Mom! Dad!
- 1223. Moana!
- 1224. I may have gone
a little ways past the reef.
- 1225. It suits you.
- 1226. She's back!
- 1227. Moana!
- 1228. Pua!
- 1229. Moana!
- 1230. Welcome home!
- 1231. We set a course to find
- 1232. A brand new island
everywhere we roam
- 1233. We keep our island in our mind
- 1234. And when it's time to find home
We know the way
- 1235. We are explorers reading every sign
- 1236. We tell the stories of our elders
In a never-ending chain
- 1237. We know the way
- 1238. Shiny
- 1239. I'm so shiny
- 1240. Didn't help me though, did it?
- 1241. Still upside down here.
- 1242. Just need a little push.
- 1243. Can we be real?
- 1244. If my name was Sebastian
and I had a cool Jamaican accent...
- 1245. you'd totally help me.
- 1246. You would. You know you would.