- 1. Dick Laurent is dead.
- 2. You don't mind that
I'm not coming to the club tonight?
- 3. What are you going to do?
- 4. Stay home, read.
- 5. Read?
- 6. Read?
- 7. Read what, Renee?
- 8. It's nice to know I can still make you laugh.
- 9. I like to laugh, Fred.
- 10. That's why I married you.
- 11. You can wake me up when
you get home if you want to.
- 12. What is that?
- 13. A videotape.
- 14. I found it outside on the steps.
- 15. Who's it from?
- 16. I don't know.
- 17. There isn't anything on the envelope.
- 18. Does it say anything on the tape?
- 19. No. Nothing.
- 20. Well, see what's on it.
- 21. Come on.
- 22. Must be from a real estate agent.
- 23. Maybe.
- 24. It's OK.
- 25. It's OK.
- 26. It's OK.
- 27. I had a dream last night.
- 28. You were inside the house...
- 29. You were calling my name...
- 30. Fred.
- 31. Fred.
- 32. Where are you.
- 33. I couldn't find you.
- 34. Then there you were...
- 35. Iying in bed.
- 36. It wasn't you.
- 37. It looked like you, but it wasn't.
- 38. Fred, are you all right?
- 39. You're up early.
- 40. That dog woke me.
- 41. Who the hell owns that dog?
- 42. What's that?
- 43. Another videotape.
- 44. Yes.
- 45. Don't you want to watch it?
- 46. I guess so.
- 47. Well, don't you want to watch it?
- 48. Yeah.
- 49. It's the same thing.
- 50. No, it isn't.
- 51. Fred?
- 52. What?
- 53. We have to call the police.
- 54. That's right. Yes.
- 55. Someone broke in and taped us
while we slept. Isn't that enough?
- 56. 7035 Hollis.
- 57. Near the observatory.
- 58. Yes.
- 59. We'll be here.
- 60. So?
- 61. They're sending 2 detectives out.
- 62. That's it.
- 63. What do you think.
- 64. I really don't know.
- 65. Let's check the hallway and the bedroom.
- 66. This is the bedroom?
- 67. You sleep here in this room.
Both of yous.
- 68. This is our bedroom.
- 69. There's no other bedroom?
- 70. No.
- 71. I mean, I use it as a practice room.
- 72. It's soundproof.
- 73. You're a musician?
- 74. Yeah.
- 75. What's your axe?
- 76. Tenor. Tenor-Saxophone.
- 77. Do you...
- No... Tone deaf.
- 78. Do you own a video camera?
- 79. No.
- 80. Fred hates them.
- 81. I like to remember things my own way.
- 82. What do you mean by that?
- 83. How I remembered them...
Not necessarily the way they happened.
- 84. You have an alarm system?
- 85. Yes. Actually, we do.
- 86. But we haven't been using it lately.
- 87. Why not?
- 88. It kept going off...
- 89. For some reason. False alarms.
- 90. Might want to try and use it again.
- 91. Yeah.
- 92. OK?
- 93. We're going to check
the windows and doors,
- 94. see if anybody tried to break in.
- 95. We'll keep watch over the house.
- We'll do the best we can.
- 96. If anything else happens, you'll call us.
- We will.
- 97. Thanks, guys.
- It's what we do.
- 98. Hey, Andy. Welcome to my party.
- 99. You look ravishing.
- Thank you.
- 100. Fred.
- 101. Please.
- 102. Please.
- 103. Hey.
- 104. 2 double scotches, neat.
- 105. We've met before, haven't we?
- 106. I don't think so.
- 107. Where was it you think we met?
- 108. At your house. Don't you remember?
- 109. No. No, I don't.
- 110. Are you sure?
- 111. Of course.
- 112. As a matter of fact, I'm there right now.
- 113. What do you mean?
You're where right now?
- 114. At your house.
- 115. That's fucking crazy, man.
- 116. Call me.
- 117. Dial your number.
- 118. Go ahead.
- 119. I told you I was here.
- 120. How'd you do that?
- 121. Ask me.
- 122. How'd you get inside my house?
- 123. You invited me. It is not my custom
to go where I'm not wanted.
- 124. Who are you?
- 125. Hm.
- 126. Give me back my phone.
- 127. It's been a pleasure talking to you.
- 128. I thought you were getting me a drink.
- Hang on just a minute.
- 129. Andy, who's the guy on the stairs?
Guy in black?
- 130. I don't know his name. He's
a friend of Dick Laurent, I think.
- 131. Dick Laurent?
- 132. Yeah. I believe so.
- 133. But Dick Laurent is dead, isn't he?
- 134. He is?
- 135. I didn't think you knew Dick.
How do you know he's dead?
- 136. I don't.
- 137. I don't know him.
- 138. Dick can't be dead.
- 139. Who told you he was dead?
- 140. Who, honey?
- 141. Let's go home.
- 142. But...
- Now. We're leaving now.
- 143. We never should have come
here in the first place.
- 144. So, how'd you meet that
asshole Andy anyway?
- 145. It was a long time ago.
- 146. We met at a place called Moke's.
- 147. We became friends.
- 148. He told me about a job.
- 149. What job?
- 150. I don't remember.
- 151. Anyway... Andy's OK.
- 152. Well, He's got some
pretty fucked-up friends.
- 153. Hey...
- 154. Stay in the car.
- 155. I told you to stay in the car.
- 156. Why? What is it?
- 157. Why did you make me stay out here?
- 158. I'll tell you why, because I thought
someone was inside the house.
- 159. Was there?
- 160. No, of course not.
- 161. Fred?
- 162. Fred, where are you?
- 163. Renee.
- 164. Renee.
- 165. Sit down, Killer.
- 166. I didn't kill her.
- 167. Tell me I didn't kill her.
- 168. We, the jury, find the defendant
guilty of murder in the first degree.
- 169. Fred Madison, the jury having found
you guilty of murder in the first degree,
- 170. it is my order that you be put
to death in the electric chair.
- 171. Make yourself to home, fella.
- 172. Stick your hand out, chief.
- 173. Something wrong?
- 174. It's... my head.
- 175. You sleeping OK?
- 176. No.
- 177. I can't sleep.
- 178. You'll sleep now.
- 179. Take him back to his cell.
- 180. Let's go.
- 181. Guard.
- 182. Guard.
- 183. Guard.
- 184. Hey.
- 185. What do you want?
- 186. Aspirin.
- 187. Hey. Hey.
- 188. Shit. That wife killer's
looking pretty fucked up.
- 189. Which one?
- 190. Pete.
- 191. Please don't go.
- 192. No. Pete.
- 193. Pete... Pete... Pete.
Wait a minute.
- 194. Fuck me.
- 195. All right. What's the situation?
- 196. I'm not entirely certain, captain.
You'll have to see for yourself.
- 197. Right here.
- 198. That's not Fred Madison.
- 199. No, Sir. It's not.
- 200. Who is it?
- I couldn't say, Sir.
- 201. Captain Luneau?
- 202. Yeah, Mike?
- 203. Captain...
- 204. This is some spooky shit we got here.
- 205. Well, Gentlemen, we know
who the stranger is.
- 206. His name is Peter Raymond Dayton.
24 years old.
- 207. Arrested 5 years ago for auto theft...
- 208. for which he was put
on probation for 1 year.
- 209. He lives with his parents. William and
Candace Dayton, at 814 Garland Avenue.
- 210. So...
- 211. Here.
- Thanks, Lou.
- 212. Where the fuck have you been, man?
- 213. Hey. -Hiya. -Hi.
- Hey, guy.
- 214. Hey, man.
- What's up man?
- 215. Well, you look like shit.
- 216. Yeah. What happened?
- 217. Just haven't been feeling so good.
- 218. You're not contagious, are you?
- 219. No. Uh-uh. Don't think so.
- 220. All right. Well, let's go for a drive then.
- 221. Different kinds of fruits grow and ripen.
- 222. It takes many strawberries to fill a bucket.
- 223. But it's worth it when you know that...
- 224. Come on.
- 225. Come on. I'll lead.
- 226. and a glass of fresh, cold
milk from grandmother's cow.
- 227. See ya later.
- 228. I'm gonna go out with
these clowns for a while.
- 229. That should do you some good.
- 230. Good night. -See ya.
- Good night.
- 231. What's happening to you?
- 232. What happened to your face?
- 233. I don't know?
- What do you mean, you don't know?
- 234. You've been acting strange lately.
- 235. Like the other night.
- 236. What night?
- 237. The last time I saw you.
- 238. I don't remember.
- 239. You still care about me?
- 240. Pete.
- 241. Arnie.
- Where you been?
- 242. How you doing?
- It's good you're back...
- 243. Wonderful.
- Good to see you, man.
- 244. Listen, man, a lot of people...
- 245. gonna be real happy that
you're back, including me.
- 246. Well, it's good to be back.
- 247. Mr. Smith has been waiting for you.
- 248. Yeah, I'll take care of him.
- 249. And Mr. Eddy called.
- 250. Can I call him and tell him to come in?
- Yeah. Call him. Tell him I'm back.
- 251. And, uh, you know, I'm ready to work.
- You're ready to work?
- 252. Yeah.
- 253. Well, let's go to work.
- All right, Buddy.
- 254. Petey's back.
- 255. There's 9 People down here.
- 256. And you're gonna ask 7 of them.
If you get that price from one of them,
- 257. I'll let you ask the other 2.
- 258. Hey, Pete.
- 259. Pete.
- 260. Where's Pete?
- 261. He's back there.
- 262. Mr. Eddy.
- 263. Hey.
- 264. What happened?
- 265. Somebody giving you trouble?
- No. No trouble.
- 266. 'Cause if somebody's giving
you trouble, Pete,
- 267. I can take care of the problem...
- 268. No. I'm fine, Mr. Eddy.
- I mean it, Pete. Like... that.
- 269. Thank you. Really. I'm fine.
So, uh, what do you want,
- 270. just a regular tune-up?
- I want you to take a ride with me.
- 271. I don't like the sound of something.
- 272. OK. I got to check in with the boss.
- It's OK with Arnie. Come on, let's go.
- 273. Pull it over, but keep it running.
- 274. Best goddamn ears in town.
- 275. Give that a try.
- 276. Beautiful... Smooth as
shit from a duck's ass.
- 277. Let's take a ride.
- Whatever you say, Mr. Eddy.
- 278. It's a beautiful day.
- 279. You did a great job, Pete.
- 280. Well, you know I like working
on this car, Mr. Eddy.
- 281. Shit. That cocksucker doing
what I think he's doing?
- 282. This is where mechanical excellence...
- 283. and 1400 horsepower pays off.
- 284. Ahh... Oh, oh, God.
- 285. Don't you ever fucking tailgate.
- 286. Ever.
- Tell him you won't tailgate.
- 287. Ever.
- 288. I won't ever...
- 289. Do you know how many fucking
car lengths it takes...
- 290. to stop a car at 35 miles an hour?
- 291. 6 fucking car lengths.
That's 106 fucking feet, Mister.
- 292. If I had to stop suddenly,
you would've hit me.
- 293. I want you to get a fucking driver's manual.
I want you to study that motherfucker.
- 294. And I want you to obey the goddamn rules.
- 295. 50 fucking thousand people were
killed on the highway last
- 296. Because of fucking assholes like you.
- 297. Tell me you're going to get a manual.
- I will ge-get a manual.
- 298. Fucking Idiot.
- 299. Oh... Aah... Oh, Gooood.
- 300. I'm sorry about that, Pete.
- 301. But tailgating is one thing I cannot tolerate.
- 302. Yeah, I can see that.
- 303. Wait a minute.
- 304. Thanks, Mr. Eddy.
- No, thank you.
- 305. I'm bringing the Caddy by tomorrow.
- 306. You like pornos?
- 307. Pornos?
- Give you a boner?
- 308. Uh, No, No thanks. No.
- 309. Suit yourself, champ.
- 310. Well, Uh, I-I'll see you then.
- You will.
- 311. Damn.
- 312. Lou, you recognize that guy?
- 313. Yeah... Laurent.
- 314. What do you want?
- Want to go for a drive?
- 315. I don't know.
- 316. Get in, Baby.
- 317. Come here.
- 318. Why don't you like me?
- I do like you.
- 319. How much?
- 320. Oh, Pete.
- 321. Sheila.
- 322. Sheila.
- 323. What'd you change it for?
- 324. I like that.
- 325. Well, I don't.
- 326. I like that.
- 327. I'm leaving the Caddy like I told you.
- 328. Think you'll get a chance to
give her the once-over today?
- 329. Sure.
- 330. Uh, you want to pick it up later on
or in the morning?
- 331. Well, if you think you can finish it,
I'll be back later today.
- 332. It'll be done.
- You're my man, Pete.
- 333. Don't let that thing upset you.
- 334. Holy smokes.
- 335. Hey.
- 336. I'm Alice Wakefield.
- 337. Pete Dayton.
- 338. I was here earlier.
- Yeah, I remember.
- 339. How'd you like to take me to dinner?
- 340. I don't know.
- 341. OK.
- 342. Why don't I take you to dinner?
- 343. Look, I don't think this is a very good idea.
- 344. Do you have a phone?
- 345. Yeah.
- 346. It's right... It's right there.
- 347. I have to call myself another taxi.
- 348. Hello? Van Nuys?
- 349. Can I have the number for Vanguard Cab?
- 350. Hello. Yes, I need a Taxi.
Arnie's garage, the corner of fifth...
- 351. Hello. Yeah, we're not
going to need that cab.
- 352. Thanks.
- 353. Maybe we should just skip dinner.
- 354. Take my clothes off.
- 355. Fucker gets more pussy than a toilet seat.
- 356. I want more.
- Me, too.
- 357. Can I call you?
- 358. Yeah. Call me at home.
I'll give you the number.
- 359. OK, Baby.
- 360. Hey. Up here. Come on up, Baby.
I already got the room.
- 361. I'll get it.
- 362. Meow, meow. It's me.
- 363. Hey, Baby.
- 364. I can't see you tonight.
- 365. OK.
- 366. I have to go somewhere with Mr. Eddy.
- 367. Sure.
- 368. I think he suspects something.
We have to be careful.
- 369. I miss you.
- 370. Pete?
- 371. Me, too.
- 372. I'll call you again.
- 373. What a fucking job.
- 374. His or ours, Lou?
- 375. Ours, Hank.
- 376. Hey.
- Sit down a minute.
- 377. What's up?
- Sit down.
- 378. You don't look so good.
- 379. No, I just... just have a headache.
- 380. What's going on?
- 381. The police called us.
- 382. What'd they want?
- 383. They want to know if we had a chance...
- 384. to find out what happened
to you the other night.
- 385. And they want to know
if you remembered anything.
- 386. But I don't remember anything.
- 387. What'd you tell them?
- 388. We're not going to say anything...
- 389. about that night to the police.
- 390. We saw you that night, Pete.
- 391. You came home with your friend Sheila.
- 392. Sheila?
- 393. Yeah. There was a man with you.
- 394. What is this? I mean, why
didn't you tell me anything?
- 395. Who's the man?
- 396. I've never seen him before in my life.
- 397. What happened to me?
- 398. Please, please, Dad, Tell me.
- 399. Hey, Pete. Hey.
- 400. Hey.
- 401. Hey.
- 402. Mr. Eddy.
- 403. Hey, Pete.
- 404. How you doing?
- I'm OK.
- 405. I'm sure you noticed that girl
who was with me the other day.
- 406. Good looking Blonde.
She stayed in the car.
- 407. Her name is Alice. I swear,
I love that girl to death.
- 408. If I ever found out
somebody was making out with her...
- 409. I'd take this...
- 410. and I'd shove it so far up his ass,
it would come out his mouth.
- 411. And then you know what I'd do?
- 412. I'd blow his fucking brains out.
- 413. Hey. You're looking good.
- 414. What you been up to?
- 415. I'll get it.
- 416. Hello?
- 417. Meet me at the Starlight Hotel
on Sycamore in 20 minutes.
- 418. He'll kill us.
- 419. Are you...
- 420. positive that he knows?
- 421. I'm not positive, but he knows.
- 422. So... What are we supposed to do?
- 423. I don't know.
- 424. If we could just get some money,
we could go away together.
- 425. I know a guy.
- 426. He pays girls to party with him.
- 427. He's always got a lot of cash.
- 428. He'd be easy to rob.
- 429. Then we'd have the money.
We could go away.
- 430. We could be together.
- 431. Have you partied with him?
- 432. Did you like it?
- 433. No.
- 434. It was part of the deal.
- 435. What deal?
- 436. He works for Mr. Eddy.
- 437. And what's he do?
- He makes films for Mr. Eddy.
- 438. Pornos?
- 439. How did you get in with these
fucking people, Alice?
- 440. Pete...
- No. Pete. I want to know how it happened.
- 441. It was a long time ago.
- 442. I met this guy at a place called Moke's.
We became friends.
- 443. He told me about a job.
- 444. In pornos?
- 445. No. Just a job. I didn't know what.
- 446. He made an appointment
for me to see a man.
- 447. I went to this place.
- 448. They made me wait there forever.
- 449. There was a guy guarding the door.
- 450. In another room, there was this
other guy lifting weights.
- 451. I started getting nervous.
- 452. When it got dark...
- 453. they brought me into this other room.
- 454. Why didn't you just leave?
- 455. You liked it, huh?
- 456. If you want me to go away,
I'll go away.
- 457. I don't want you to go away.
- 458. I don't want you to go away.
- 459. I love you, Alice.
- 460. Should I call Andy?
- 461. That's his name, Andy.
Our ticket out of here.
- 462. Yeah. Call him.
- 463. I'll set it up for tomorrow night.
- 464. You meet me at his place at 11:00.
- 465. Don't drive, take the bus.
Make sure no one follows you.
- 466. His address is easy to remember.
It's 2224 Deep Dell Place.
- 467. It's a white Stucco job
on the south side of the street.
- 468. I'll be upstairs with Andy.
The back door will be open.
- 469. Go through the kitchen into the living room.
There's a bar there.
- 470. At 11:15, I'll send Andy
down to fix me a drink.
- 471. And when he does,
you crack him on the head, OK?
- 472. OK.
- 473. You're fucking somebody else, aren't you?
- 474. You fuck me whenever you want.
Sheila. Sheila, stop it.
- 475. You don't call. Who is she?
- Stop it.
- 476. What's the bitch's name?
- I'm sorry.
- 477. Oh, you're sorry?
- 478. Go home.
- You're sorry?
- 479. Sheila, stop it.
- 480. You're sorry, you piece of shit.
- 481. You're sorry?
- Go home.
- 482. Fuck you... Fuck you.
- Sheila, stop, Sheila.
- 483. Fuck you... Fuck you.
- 484. Fuck you... Fuck you.
- Sheila... Sheila.
- 485. Sheila. Let's both go in
and talk about this quietly.
- 486. Sheila, come on.
- 487. You are different.
- 488. Tell him... Tell him.
- 489. Sheila, don't. Don't.
- 490. I don't care anymore anyway.
I'm sorry, Mr. Dayton.
- 491. I won't bother you, or any member
of your family ever again.
- 492. Pete?
- 493. There's a man on the phone.
- 494. He's called a couple of times tonight.
- 495. Who is it?
- 496. He won't give his name.
- 497. Hello?
- 498. Hey, Pete, how you doing?
- 499. Who is this?
- You know who it is.
- 500. Mr. Eddy?
- 501. Yeah. How you doing, Pete?
- 502. OK.
- You're doing OK? That's good, Pete.
- 503. Look, it's late Mr. Eddy, I...
- I'm really glad to know you're doing OK.
- 504. You're sure you're OK?
Everything all right?
- 505. Yeah.
- 506. I'm really glad to know
you're doing good, Pete. Hey.
- 507. I want you to talk to a friend of mine.
- 508. We've met before, haven't we?
- 509. I don't think so.
- 510. Where is it you think we've met?
- 511. At your house. Don't you remember?
- 512. No. No, I don't.
- 513. In the East, the far East...
- 514. when a person is sentenced to death,
- 515. they're sent to a place
where they can't escape.
- 516. Never knowing when an executioner
may step up behind them...
- 517. and fire a bullet into
the back of their head.
- 518. What's going on?
- 519. It's been a pleasure talking to you.
- 520. Pete, I just wanted to jump on and
tell you that I'm really glad you're doing OK.
- 521. You got him.
- 522. Alice.
- 523. Wow.
- 524. We killed him.
- 525. You killed him.
- 526. Alice?
- 527. Alice?
- 528. What do we do?
- 529. What do we do?
- 530. We have to get the stuff.
- 531. We have to get out of here.
- 532. Ah, fuck.
- 533. Is that you?
- 534. Are both of them you?
- 535. That's me.
- 536. Honey, are you all right?
- 537. Where's the bathroom?
- 538. It's upstairs, down the hall.
- 539. Did you want to talk to me?
- 540. Did you want to ask me, why?
- 541. What's the matter?
- 542. Don't you trust me, Pete?
- 543. Stick this in your pants.
- 544. I know a fence.
- 545. He'll give us money, get us passports
in exchange for all this shit...
- 546. and Andy's car...
- 547. And then we can go anywhere.
- 548. Come on, Baby.
- 549. Pete, you drive.
- 550. Where the fuck are we going, Alice?
- 551. Where the fuck are we going?
- 552. We have to go to the desert, Baby.
- 553. The fence I told you about...
- 554. He's at his cabin.
- 555. Come on.
- 556. We'll have to wait.
- 557. Why me, Alice? Why choose me?
- 558. You still want me, don't you, Pete?
- 559. More than ever.
- 560. I want you.
- 561. I want you.
- 562. I want you.
- 563. I want you.
- 564. You'll never have me.
- 565. Here I am.
- 566. Where's Alice?
- Alice who? Her name is Renee.
- 567. If she told you her name
is Alice, she's lying.
- 568. And your name?
What the fuck is your name?
- 569. Renee?
- 570. You're coming with me.
- 571. What do you guys want?
- 572. Now you can hand it back.
- 573. You and me, Mister...
- 574. We can really outugly them sumbitches...
- 575. Can't we?
- 576. Ed... Take a look at this.
- 577. Yeah. That's her all right.
- 578. That's Fred Madison's
wife with Dick Laurent.
- 579. And Mr. Dent-Head over there.
- 580. We got Pete Dayton's prints
all over this place.
- 581. You know what I think, Ed?
- 582. What is it, AI? What do you think?
- 583. I think there's no such
thing as a bad coincidence.
- 584. Dick Laurent is dead.
- 585. Subtitles search by drag & drop