- 1. A famous man once said,
- 2. "We create our own demons."
- 3. Who said that?
What does that even mean?
- 4. Doesn't matter.
I said it because he said it.
- 5. So, now, he was famous
- 6. and it's basically getting said
by two well-known guys.
- 7. I don't, uh...
- 8. I'm going to start again.
- 9. Let's track this from the beginning.
- 10. Yo listen up here's a story
- 11. About a little guy that
lives in a blue world
- 12. And all day and all night
and everything he sees
- 13. ls just blue like him
inside and outside
- 14. Blue is his house
with a blue little window
- 15. And a blue Corvette
- 16. And everything is blue
for him and himself
- 17. And everybody around
- 18. 'Cause he ain't got nobody...
- 19. Half hour till the ball drops.
- 20. - Hey, do you wanna...
- Tony Stark?
- 21. - Great speech, man!
- I got you, pal.
- 22. I gave a speech? How was it?
- 23. - Edifying.
- 24. - Really?
- 25. It's my favourite kind.
A winning combo.
- 26. - Where are we going?
- Uh, to town, on each other.
- 27. Probably back in your room
- 28. because I also want to
see your research.
- 29. Okay, you can see my research,
- 30. but that's...
I'm not gonna show you my "town."
- 31. Mr Stark.
- 32. Ho Yinsen.
- 33. Ah, I finally met a man called "Ho."
- 34. Come here.
- 35. I would like to
introduce you to our guest, Dr Wu.
- 36. - Oh, this guy. Hey.
- Mr Stark.
- 37. You're a heart doctor.
- 38. She's going to need
a cardiologist after I...
- 39. - Bye.
- Perhaps another time?
- 40. It started in
Bern, Switzerland. 1999.
- 41. - The old days.
- Mr Stark!
- 42. I never thought they
would come back to bite me.
- 43. Why would they?
- 44. Oh, wow! Hey, Tony!
- 45. Aldrich Killian.
I'm a big fan of your work.
- 46. - My work?
- Who isn't? He means me.
- 47. Well, of course, but, Ms Hansen,
- 48. my organisation's been tracking
your research since year two of MIT.
- 49. Yeah, we're full.
- 50. Oh, wow, he made it.
He made the cut.
- 51. What floor you going to, pal?
- 52. Well, now, that is
an appropriate question.
- 53. The ground floor, actually,
- 54. of a proposal
I'm putting together myself.
- 55. It's a privately funded think tank
called Advanced Idea Mechanics.
- 56. - Uh...
- She'll take both.
- 57. One to throw away and one to not call.
- 58. "Advanced Idea Mechanics"
or "AIM," for short. Do you get it?
- 59. - I see that, because it's on your T-shirt.
- 60. Ladies, follow the mullet. Ladies first.
- 61. Thank you, I'll call you.
- 62. I'm titillated by the notion
of working with you.
- 63. - Yeah?
- I'll ditch these clowns.
- 64. I'll see you up
on the roof in five minutes.
- 65. Just gonna try
and get my beak wet real quick.
- 66. You know what I'm talking about?
- 67. I'll see you up there.
- 68. Damn betcha.
- 69. Come on!
I thought that was just a theory.
- 70. Well, it was.
- 71. If I'm right, we can access the area
of the brain
- 72. - that governs repair...
- 73. and chemically recode it.
- 74. That's incredible. Essentially,
you're hacking into the genetic...
- 75. operating system...
- 76. - ... of a living organism.
- 77. - Yes.
- 78. Is that...
- 79. - What?
- Can you not touch my plant?
- 80. It's not...
She doesn't like it. She prefers...
- 81. She's not like the others.
Come on. Let's go in the bedroom.
- 82. - Happy...
- Hmm. That's cute...
- 83. Leave her ficus alone.
- 84. Because".
And, no, seriously, don't.
- 85. And you're starting with plants.
- 86. For now, yeah.
- 87. I'm calling it EXTREMIS.
- 88. - Well, it's...
- Human application.
- 89. Exactly, exactly.
- 90. - Dendritic revitalisation.
- It's revolutionary.
- 91. - Disease prevention...
- Change the world.
- 92. even limb regrowth.
- 93. You're the most gifted woman
I've ever met.
- 94. Wow.
- 95. - In Switzerland.
- Hmm. That's better.
- 96. - Aw, you're seeing things.
- This week.
- 97. You almost
bought it, didn't you?
- 98. This is what I'm talking about,
- 99. Have you checked
the telomerase algorithm?
- 100. - The what?
- 101. Stay down! Stay down, boss.
- 102. - We're good.
- Stay down.
- 103. You... You're...
You're right on me. I made it.
- 104. What the hell was that?
- 105. - What was that?
- It's a glitch in my work. It's...
- 106. She was just talking about it.
- 107. It's not Y2K.
- 108. Hey! Happy New Year!
- 109. Happy New Year.
Happy New Year.
- 110. All right.
I'll see you in the morning. Good night.
- 111. - You good?
- 112. - I'll be right outside.
- Okay, cool.
- 113. So, why am I telling you this?
- 114. Because I had just created demons
- 115. and I didn't even know it.
- 116. Yeah, those were good times.
- 117. Then I moved on.
- 118. After a brief soiree in an Afghan cave,
I said goodbye to the party scene.
- 119. I forgot that night in Switzerland.
- 120. These days, I'm a changed man.
- 121. Forty-six.
- 122. I'm different now.
- 123. I'm... Well...
- 124. Forty-seven.
You know who I am.
- 125. Ow!
- 126. Sir, please may I request
just a few hours to calibrate...
- 127. No. Forty-eight.
- 128. Micro-repeater
implanting sequence complete.
- 129. As you wish, sir.
- 130. I've also prepared a safety briefing
for you to entirely ignore.
- 131. Which I will.
- 132. All right, let's do this.
- 133. Hi, DUM-E:
- 134. How did you get that cap on your head?
You earned it.
- 135. Hey. Hey!
- 136. What are you doing out of the corner?
You know what you did.
- 137. Blood on my mat. Handle it.
- 138. Sir, may I remind you that you've been
awake for nearly 72 hours?
- 139. Focus up, ladies.
- 140. Good evening,
and welcome to the birthing suite.
- 141. I am pleased to announce
the imminent arrival
- 142. of your bouncing,
bad-ass baby brother.
- 143. Start tight and then go wide.
- 144. Stamp date and time.
- 145. Mark 42. Autonomous
prehensile propulsion suit test.
- 146. initialize sequence.
- 147. Jarvis, drop my needle.
- 148. Dashing through the snow
- 149. In a one horse open sleigh
- 150. O'er the fields we go
- 151. Laughing all the way
- 152. Bells on bob tails ring
- 153. Crap.
- 154. Oh, what fun it is to sing
- 155. A sleighing song tonight
- 156. Jingle bells, jingle bells
- 157. Jingle all the way
- 158. Oh, what fun it is to ride
- 159. In a one horse open sleigh
- 160. All right, I think we got this.
Send them all.
- 161. Probably a little fast.
Slow it down.
- 162. Slow it down just a...
- 163. little bit.
- 164. Cool it, will you, Jarvis?
- 165. Come on. I ain't scared of you.
- 166. I'm the best.
- 167. As always, sir, a great pleasure
watching you work.
- 168. I guess 72 hours is a long time
- 169. I didn't think it could get any worse.
- 170. Then I had to go and turn on the TV.
- 171. That's when he happened.
- 172. Some people
call me a terrorist.
- 173. I consider myself a teacher.
- 174. America.
- 175. Ready for another lesson?
- 176. In 1864, in Sand Creek, Colorado,
the US military waited
- 177. until the friendly Cheyenne braves
had all gone hunting.
- 178. Waited to attack and slaughter
the families left behind
- 179. and claim their land.
- 180. 39 hours ago,
- 181. the Ali AI Salem Air Base in Kuwait
- 182. I... I... I did that.
- 183. A quaint military church
- 184. filled with wives and children,
- 185. The soldiers were out on manoeuvres.
- 186. The braves were away.
- 187. President Ellis.
- 188. You continue to resist my attempts
to educate you, sir.
- 189. And now you've missed me again.
- 190. You know who I am.
- 191. You don't know where I am.
- 192. And you'll never see me coming.
- 193. Now that
we seem to be back,
- 194. let's recap some
of the frightening developments...
- 195. American airwaves were hijacked...
- 196. The nation remains on high alert.
- 197. All attempts to find the Mandarin
have so far proved unsuccessful.
- 198. Central to my administration's
response to this terrorist event
- 199. is a newly minted resource.
- 200. I know him
as Colonel James Rhodes.
- 201. The American people
will soon know him
- 202. as the Iron Patriot.
- 203. And how is President Ellis responding?
- 204. By taking the guy
they call War Machine
- 205. and giving him a paint job.
- 206. The same suit,
but painted red, white and blue.
- 207. Look at that. And they also
renamed him, "Iron Patriot."
- 208. You know,
just in case the paint was too subtle.
- 209. It tested well with focus groups,
- 210. "I am Iron Patriot!" it sucks.
- 211. Listen. "War Machine"
was a little too aggressive.
- 212. All right?
This sends a better message.
- 213. So, what's really going on?
With the Mandarin.
- 214. Seriously, can we talk about this guy?
- 215. It's classified information, Tony.
- 216. Okay, there have been nine bombings.
- 217. - Nine.
- The public only knows about three.
- 218. But here's the thing,
nobody can ID a device.
- 219. There's no bomb casings.
- 220. You know I can help.
- 221. I got a ton of new tech.
I got a prehensile suit.
- 222. I got bomb disposal.
- 223. It catches explosions in mid-air.
- 224. When's the last time
you got a good night's sleep?
- 225. Einstein slept three hours a year.
Look what he did.
- 226. People are concerned about you, Tony.
I'm concerned about you.
- 227. You're going to come at me like that?
- 228. No, look, I'm not trying to be a dick...
- 229. tator.
- 230. Do you mind signing my drawing?
- 231. If Richard doesn't mind.
- 232. Are you all right with this, Dick?
- 233. Yeah. Fine with me.
- 234. - What's your name?
- 235. I loved you in A Christmas Story,
by the way.
- 236. Listen, the Pentagon is scared.
- 237. After New York, aliens... Come on.
- 238. They need to look strong.
- 239. Stopping the Mandarin is a priority,
but it's not...
- 240. - it's not superhero business.
- No, it's not, quite frankly.
- 241. - I get it.
- It's American business.
- 242. That's why I said I got it.
- 243. Are you okay?
- 244. I broke the crayon.
- 245. Are you okay, Mr Stark?
- 246. How did you
get out of the Wormhole?
- 247. Wait a minute. Tony!
- 248. What did you say?
- 249. Sorry.
- 250. I'm just
checking on the suit.
- 251. Okay.
- 252. Check the heart.
- 253. Is it the brain?
- 254. No sign of cardiac anomaly
or unusual brain activity.
- 255. Okay, so I was poisoned?
- 256. My diagnosis is that you've
experienced a severe anxiety attack.
- 257. Me?
- 258. Come on, man, this isn't a good look.
- 259. Sorry, I gotta split.
- 260. Badge.
- 261. Badge.
- 262. Come on, badge.
- 263. Badge, guys.
I put a memo in the toilet. Come on.
- 264. Tony has got them in his basement.
They're wearing party hats.
- 265. - This is an asset that we can put to use.
- 266. So, you're suggesting that I replace
the entire janitorial staff with robots.
- 267. - Thank you.
- What I'm saying is that
- 268. the human element of human resources
is our biggest point of vulnerability.
- 269. We should start
phasing it out immediately.
- 270. - What?
- Excuse me, Bambi,
- 271. - you should be wearing...
- Did you just say that?
- 272. - Security? Yes?
- Happy? Okay.
- 273. I am thrilled that you are now
the Head of Security. Okay?
- 274. - It is the perfect position for you.
- Thank you.
- 275. - However...
- I do appreciate it.
- 276. - ... since you've taken the post...
- You don't have to thank me.
- 277. we've had a rise in staff complaints
- 278. Thank you.
- 279. It's not a compliment.
- 280. It's not...
It is a compliment.
- 281. Clearly, somebody's
trying to hide something.
- 282. - I. .. Yes.
- Excuse me.
- 283. Ms Potts, your 4:00 is here.
- 284. - Thank you.
- Did you clear this 4:00 with me?
- 285. Happy, we'll talk about this later,
- 286. but right now, I have to go deal with
this very annoying thing.
- 287. How so?
- 288. I used to work with him
and he used to ask me out all the time,
- 289. so it's a little awkward.
- 290. I don't like the sound of that.
- 291. Pepper
- 292. Killian?
- 293. You look great.
- 294. You look really great.
- 295. God, you look great.
- 296. L... I... I...
- 297. What on earth have you been doing?
- 298. Nothing fancy.
- 299. Just five years in the hands
of physical therapists.
- 300. And please, call me Aldrich.
- 301. Uh, you were supposed to be
issued a security badge.
- 302. - Happy, it's okay. We're good.
- 303. - Are you sure? Okay.
- Yes. Stand down.
- 304. - I'm going to linger right here. Okay.
- Thank you.
- 305. It's very nice to see you, Killian.
- 306. Hey, guy.
- 307. Merry Christmas.
- 308. After years dodging
the President's ban
- 309. On "immoral" biotech research,
- 310. my think tank
- 311. now has a little something
in the pipeline.
- 312. It's an idea we like to call EXTREMIS.
- 313. I'm gonna turn your lights down.
- 314. Regard the human brain.
- 315. Uh... Wait, hold on, hold on.
- 316. That's...
That's the universe. My bad.
- 317. But if I do that...
- 318. That's the brain.
- 319. Strangely mimetic, though,
wouldn't you say?
- 320. Wow, that's amazing.
- 321. Thanks, it's mine.
- 322. What?
- 323. This. You're inside my head.
- 324. It's a...
It's a live feed.
- 325. Come on up, I'll prove it to you.
- 326. Come on.
- 327. Now, pinch my arm.
- 328. I can take it. Pinch me.
- 329. What is that?
- 330. It's the primary somatosensory cortex.
It's the brain's pain centre.
- 331. But this is what I wanted to show you.
- 332. Now, EXTREMIS harnesses
our bioelectrical potential
- 333. and it goes here.
- 334. This is essentially an empty slot
and what this tells us
- 335. is that our mind,
- 336. our entire DNA, in fact,
- 337. is destined to be upgraded.
- 338. Wow.
- 339. Oh, wait...
- 340. Uh...
- 341. Hello?
- 342. - Is this Forehead of Security?
- 343. You know, look...
I got a real job. What do you want?
- 344. I'm working.
I've got something going on, here.
- 345. What, harassing interns?
- 346. Let me tell you something.
Do you know what happened
- 347. when I told people
I was Iron Man's bodyguard?
- 348. They would laugh in my face.
- 349. I had to leave
while I still had a shred of dignity.
- 350. Now I got a real job.
I'm watching Pepper.
- 351. What's going on? Fill me in.
- 352. - For real?
- 353. All right.
So, she's meeting up with this scientist.
- 354. - Rich guy. Handsome.
- Rig ht.
- 355. I couldn't make his face, at first. Right?
You know I'm good with faces.
- 356. - Oh, yeah, you're the best.
- 357. Well, so I run his credentials.
I make him.
- 358. Aldrich Killian.
We actually met the guy back in...
- 359. Where were we in '99?
- 360. - The science conference?
- 361. - Switzerland.
- Right, right, exactly.
- 362. Killian. No...
I don't remember that guy.
- 363. Of course you don't remember.
He's not a blond with a big rack.
- 364. At first, it was fine.
They were talking business.
- 365. But now it's, like, getting weird.
He's showing her his big brain.
- 366. - His what?
- Big brain.
- 367. And she likes it.
Here, let me show you.
- 368. Hold on. See?
- 369. Look at what? You, watching them?
- 370. Flip the screen,
and then we can get started.
- 371. I'm not a tech genius like you.
Just trust me. Get down here.
- 372. Flip the screen.
Then I can see what they're doing.
- 373. I can't!
I don't know how to flip the screen!
- 374. Don't talk to me like that any more.
You're not my boss.
- 375. All right?
I don't work for you.
- 376. And I don't trust this guy.
He's got another guy with him.
- 377. He's shifty.
- 378. - Relax.
- 379. I'm just asking you
to secure the perimeter.
- 380. Tell them to go out
for a drink or something.
- 381. You know what? You should take more
of an interest in what's going on here.
- 382. This woman's the best thing
that ever happened to you
- 383. and you're just ignoring her.
- 384. - A giant brain?
- 385. There's a giant brain.
There's a shifty character.
- 386. I'm gonna follow this guy. I'm gonna
run his plates and I'm gonna...
- 387. You know,
if it gets rough, so be it.
- 388. I miss you, Happy-
- 389. Yeah, I miss you, too.
But the way it used to be.
- 390. Now you're off with the super-friends.
- 391. I don't know
what's going on with you any more.
- 392. - The world's getting weird.
- 393. I hate to cut you off.
- 394. - Do you have your Taser on you?
- 395. I think there's a gal in H.R.
who's trying to steal some printer ink.
- 396. You should probably go over there
and zap her.
- 397. Yeah, nice.
- 398. Imagine if you could hack into
the hard drive of any living organism
- 399. and recode its DNA.
- 400. - That would be incredible.
- 401. Unfortunately, to my ears,
it also sounds highly weaponisable.
- 402. As in, enhanced soldiers,
private armies, and Tony is...
- 403. Tony, TOW-
- 404. You know, I invited Tony to join AIM
13 years ago.
- 405. He turned me down.
- 406. But something tells me
now there's a new genius on the throne
- 407. who doesn't have to
answer to Tony any more
- 408. and who has slightly less of an ego.
- 409. It's gonna be a no, Aldrich.
- 410. As much as I'd like to help you.
- 411. Well, I can't say that
I'm not disappointed.
- 412. But then,
as my father used to say,
- 413. "Failure is the fog
through which we glimpse triumph."
- 414. - That's very deep.
- 415. And I have no idea
what it means.
- 416. No, me neither.
He was kind of an idiot, my old man.
- 417. I'm sure I'll see you again, Pepper.
- 418. Happy.
- 419. Car's ready, if you're ready to go.
- 420. Yes, I just, um...
- 421. God, I forgot my other things, so...
- 422. I'm just gonna...
- 423. I'm sorry I'm late. I was...
- 424. What the...
What is that?
- 425. You're wearing this in the house now?
- 426. What is that, like, Mark 15?
- 427. Uh, yeah.
- 428. Something like that.
You know, everybody needs a hobby.
- 429. Oh, and you have to wear your hobby
in the living room?
- 430. Just breaking it in.
- 431. You know, it's always a little pinchy
in the gooey bag
- 432. at first, so...
- 433. Well, hey, did you see
your Christmas present?
- 434. Yes, I did. I...
- 435. I don't know how I could've
missed that Christmas present.
- 436. Is it gonna fit through the door?
- 437. Well, actually,
it's a good question.
- 438. I got a team of guys coming tomorrow.
They're gonna blow out that wall.
- 439. - Okay.
- So, uh...
- 440. Tense? Good day? Huh?
- 441. Ooh, shoulders, a little knotty.
- 442. I don't want to harp on this,
but did you like the custom rabbit?
- 443. Did I like it?
- 444. - Nailed it, right?
- 445. I appreciate the thought very much.
- 446. So, why don't you lift up that face mask
and give me a kiss?
- 447. Huh...
- 448. Yep. Damn it, no can do.
- 449. You want to just kiss it on the...
- 450. - The facial slit?
- 451. Well, why don't I
run down to the garage
- 452. and see if I can't find a crowbar
to jimmy that thing open?
- 453. Crowbar, yeah.
- 454. Oh! Except there's been
a radiation leak.
- 455. - I'll take my chances.
- That's risky.
- 456. At least, let me get you
- 457. like, a hazmat suit
- 458. A Geiger counter or something like that.
- 459. Busted.
- 460. - This is a new level of lame.
- 461. You ate without me already?
On date night?
- 462. - He was just...
- You mean you.
- 463. Well, yeah, I just mean
we were just hosting you...
- 464. - ... while I finished up a little work.
- 465. And yes, I had a quick bite.
- 466. I didn't know if you were coming home
- 467. or you were having drinks
with Aldrich Killian.
- 468. - What?
- 469. Aldrich Killian?
What, are you checking up on me?
- 470. Happy was concerned.
- 471. - No, you're spying on me.
- I wasn't.
- 472. - I'm going to bed.
- Hold on.
- 473. Come on. Pep?
- 474. Hey, I admit it.
- 475. My fault. Sorry.
- 476. I'm a piping hot mess.
- 477. It's been going on for a while.
I haven't said anything.
- 478. Nothing's been the same
since New York.
- 479. Oh, really?
I didn't notice that at all.
- 480. You experience things
- 481. and then they're over,
and you still can't explain them.
- 482. Gods, aliens, other dimensions.
I'm just a man in a can.
- 483. The only reason I haven't cracked up
- 484. is probably because you moved in.
- 485. Which is great.
- 486. I love you. I'm lucky.
- 487. But honey, I can't sleep.
- 488. You go to bed, I come down here.
I do what I know.
- 489. I tinker. I...
- 490. Threat is imminent.
- 491. And I have to protect the one thing
that I can't live without.
- 492. That's you.
- 493. And my suits, they're, uh...
- 494. Machines.
- 495. They're part of me.
- 496. A distraction.
- 497. Maybe.
- 498. I'm gonna take a shower.
- 499. Okay.
- 500. And you're gonna join me.
- 501. Better.
- 502. Tony.
- 503. Tony. Tony.
- 504. To...
- 505. Power down!
- 506. I must have called it in my sleep.
- 507. That's not supposed to happen.
- 508. I'll recalibrate the sensors.
- 509. Can we just... Just let me...
- 510. Just let me catch my breath. Hey,
don't... Don't go. All right? Pepper...
- 511. I'm going to sleep downstairs.
- 512. Tinker with that.
- 513. Can you regulate?
- 514. Yes, I can regulate.
- 515. - You sure about that?
- 516. It's a decent batch.
- 517. - Don't say I never did nothing for you.
- Thank you.
- 518. I mean, for understanding.
- 519. I'm sorry, buddy.
- 520. What are you doing, buddy?
- 521. You out by yourself?
A little date night?
- 522. Seeing your favourite chick flick,
- 523. Yeah, a little movie
called The Party's Over,
- 524. starring you and your junkie girlfriend.
- 525. Here's the ticket.
- 526. No kidding. That doesn't belong to you.
- 527. Savin!
- 528. Help!
- 529. Help me!
- 530. True story
about fortune cookies.
- 531. They look Chinese.
- 532. They sound Chinese.
- 533. But they're actually
an American invention.
- 534. Which is why they're hollow,
full of lies
- 535. and leave a bad taste in the mouth.
- 536. My disciples just destroyed
another cheap American knockoff.
- 537. The Chinese Theatre.
- 538. Mr President,
- 539. I know this must be getting frustrating.
- 540. But this season of terror
is drawing to a close.
- 541. And don't worry,
- 542. the big one is coming.
- 543. Your graduation.
- 544. Oh-!
- 545. Do you mind leaving that on?
- 546. Sure.
- 547. Sunday nights. PBS. Downton Abbey.
- 548. That's his show. He thinks it's elegant.
- 549. One more thing. Make sure
everyone wears their badges.
- 550. He's a stickler for that sort of thing.
- 551. Plus, my guys
won't let anyone in without them.
- 552. We're awaiting the arrival
of Tony Stark.
- 553. We're hoping he'll give us
- 554. His reaction
to the latest attack.
- 555. Mr Stark, hi there.
- 556. Our sources are telling us that all signs
are pointing to another Mandarin attack.
- 557. Anything else you can tell us?
- 558. Hey, Mr Stark.
When is somebody gonna kill this guy?
- 559. I'm just saying.
- 560. Is that what you want?
- 561. Here's a little holiday greeting
- 562. I've been wanting to send
to the Mandarin.
- 563. I just didn't know
how to phrase it until now.
- 564. My name is Tony Stark
and I'm not afraid of you.
- 565. I know you're a coward.
So I've decided
- 566. that you just died, pal.
- 567. I'm gonna come get the body.
- 568. There's no politics here.
It's just good old-fashioned revenge.
- 569. There's no Pentagon,
it's just you and me.
- 570. And on the off chance you're a man,
here's my home address.
- 571. 10880 Malibu Point.
- 572. 90265.
- 573. I'll leave the door unlocked.
- 574. That's what you wanted, right?
- 575. Bill me.
- 576. I've compiled
a Mandarin database for you, sir,
- 577. drawn from
S.H.I.E.L.D., FBI and CIA intercepts.
- 578. Initiating virtual crime scene
- 579. Okay. What have we got here?
- 580. The name is an ancient Chinese war
mantle meaning "adviser to the king."
- 581. South American insurgency tactics.
- 582. Talks like a Baptist preacher.
- 583. There's lots of pageantry going on here.
Lots of theatre. Close.
- 584. The heat from the blast was in excess
of 3,000 degrees Celsius.
- 585. Any subjects within 12.5 yards
were vaporised instantly.
- 586. No bomb parts found in a three-mile
radius of the Chinese Theatre?
- 587. No, sir.
- 588. Talk to me, Happy.
- 589. When is a bomb not a bomb?
- 590. Any military victims?
- 591. Not according to public record, sir.
- 592. Bring up the thermogenic
- 593. Factor in 3,000 degrees.
- 594. The Oracle cloud
has completed analysis.
- 595. Accessing satellites
- 596. and plotting the last 12 months
of thermogenic occurrences now.
- 597. Take away everywhere
that there's been a Mandarin attack.
- 598. Nope.
- 599. That. Are you sure
that's not one of his?
- 600. It predates any known Mandarin attack.
- 601. The incident was the use of a bomb
to assist a suicide.
- 602. Bring her around.
- 603. The heat signature
is remarkably similar.
- 604. 3,000 degree Celsius.
- 605. That's two military guys.
- 606. Ever been to Tennessee, Jarvis?
- 607. Creating a flight plan for Tennessee.
- 608. Are we still at ding-dong?
- 609. We're supposed to be on total...
- 610. security lockdown.
- 611. Come on, I threatened a terrorist.
Who is that?
- 612. There's only so much I can do, sir,
- 613. when you give the world's press
your home address.
- 614. Right there is fine.
- 615. You're not the Mandarin.
- 616. Are you? Are you?
- 617. You don't remember.
- 618. Why am I not surprised?
- 619. Don't take it personally. I don't
remember what I had for breakfast.
- 620. Gluten-free waffles, sir.
- 621. That's right.
- 622. Okay, look, I need to be alone with you,
someplace not here.
- 623. It's urgent.
- 624. Normally, I'd go for that sort of thing,
but now I'm in a committed relationship.
- 625. It's...
- 626. - With her.
- 627. - Is somebody there?
- 628. - it's Maya Hansen.
- 629. Old botanist pal
- 630. that I used to know, barely.
- 631. Please don't tell me
there's a 12-year-old kid
- 632. waiting in the car that I've never met.
- 633. He's 13.
- 634. No, I need your help.
- 635. But, what for? Why now?
- 636. Because I read the papers and frankly,
I don't think you'll last the week.
- 637. I'll be fine.
- 638. I'm sorry,
with Happy in the hospital,
- 639. I didn't know we were expecting guests.
- 640. - We weren't.
- And old girlfriends.
- 641. - She's not, really.
- No, not really. I...
- 642. - it was just one night.
- 643. That's how you did it, isn't it?
- 644. - It was a great night.
- Yep. Well, you know.
- 645. - You saved yourself a world of pain.
- 646. - I'm sure.
- Trust me. We're going out of town.
- 647. Okay. We've been through this.
- 648. - Nope.
- 649. - The man says no.
- Immediately and indefinitely.
- 650. - Honey...
- Great idea. Let's go.
- 651. I'm sorry, that's a terrible idea.
Please don't touch her bags.
- 652. This is how normal people behave.
- 653. I can't protect you out there.
- 654. Is... Is that normal?
- 655. - Sadly, that is very normal.
- Yes, this is normal!
- 656. It's a big bunny. Relax about it!
- 657. Calm down.
- 658. - I got this for you.
- I'm aware of that.
- 659. You still haven't even
told me you liked it.
- 660. I don't like it.
- 661. I asked you three...
You don't like it.
- 662. - We are leaving the house.
- 663. That's not even up for discussion.
- 664. - Can we, um...
- I said no. What?
- 665. Do we need to worry about that?
- 666. I got you.
- 667. I got you first.
- 668. Like I said, we can't stay here.
- 669. Oh!
- 670. Move! I'm right behind you.
- 671. Oh!
- 672. Get her. I'm gonna find a way around.
- 673. Stop stopping. Get her. Get outside.
- 674. Go!
- 675. Oh, my God. Tony!
- 676. Sir, Ms Potts
is clear of the structure.
- 677. Jarvis, where's my flight power?
- 678. Working on it, sir. This is a prototype.
- 679. That's one.
- 680. Sir, the suit is not combat ready.
- 681. That's two.
- 682. Oh.
- 683. Tony!
- 684. Sir, take a deep breath.
- 685. Flight power restored.
- 686. Sir?
- 687. Sir!
- 688. All right, kill the alarm. I got it.
- 689. That's the emergency alert triggered by
the power dropping below 5%.
- 690. on...
- 691. om
- 692. It's snowing, right?
Where are we, upstate?
- 693. We are five miles outside of
Rose Hill, Tennessee.
- 694. Why?
- 695. Jarvis. Not my idea.
- 696. What are we doing here?
This is thousands of miles away!
- 697. I gotta get Pepper.
- 698. I prepared a flight plan.
This was the location.
- 699. Who asked you?
- 700. - Open the suit.
- 701. I think I may be malfunctioning, sir.
- 702. Open it, J.
- 703. That's brisk.
- 704. Maybe I'll just cosy back up for a...
- 705. I actually think
I need to sleep now, sir.
- 706. Jarvis.
- 707. Jarvis?
- 708. Don't leave me, buddy.
- 709. Stark secure server
- 710. now transferring
to all known receivers.
- 711. Pepper, it's me.
- 712. I've got a lot of apologies to make
and not a lot of time.
- 713. So... First off, I'm so sorry
I put you in harm's way.
- 714. That was selfish and stupid,
and it won't happen again.
- 715. Also, it's Christmastime
and the rabbit's too big.
- 716. Done. Sorry.
- 717. And I'm sorry in advance
- 718. because I can't come home yet.
- 719. I need to find this guy.
- 720. You gotta stay safe, that's all I know.
- 721. I just stole a poncho
from a wooden Indian.
- 722. Let's get you comfy.
- 723. You happy now?
- 724. Freeze!
- 725. Don't move.
- 726. You got me.
- 727. Nice potato gun.
- 728. Barrel's a little long.
- 729. Between that and the wide gauge
it's gonna diminish your FPS.
- 730. And now you're out of ammo.
- 731. What's that thing on your chest?
- 732. It's an electromagnet.
- 733. You should know,
you got a box of them right here.
- 734. What does it power?
- 735. Oh, my God.
- 736. That...
- 737. That's...
Is that Iron Man?
- 738. Technically, I am.
- 739. Technically, you're dead.
- 740. Valid point.
- 741. What happened to him?
- 742. Life.
- 743. I built him. I take care of him.
- 744. I'll fix him.
- 745. Like a mechanic?
- 746. Yeah.
- 747. Hmm.
- 748. If I was building
Iron Man and War Machine...
- 749. It's "Iron Patriot" HOW-
- 750. That's way cooler.
- 751. No, it's not.
- 752. Anyways, I would have added in,
um, the retro...
- 753. - Retro-reflective panels?
- To make him stealth mode.
- 754. - You want a stealth mode?
- Cool, right?
- 755. That's actually a good idea.
Maybe I'll build one.
- 756. - Not a good idea.
- 757. What are you doing?
You're gonna break his finger?
- 758. He's in pain.
He's been injured. Leave him alone.
- 759. Sorry.
- 760. Are you?
- 761. Don't worry about it, I'll fix it.
- 762. So, uh, who's home?
- 763. Well, my mom already left for the diner
and Dad went to 7-11 to get scratchers.
- 764. I guess he won,
because that was six years ago.
- 765. Hmm.
- 766. Which happens. Dads leave.
No need to be a pussy about it.
- 767. Here's what I need.
- 768. A laptop, a digital watch,
a cell phone,
- 769. the pneumatic actuator from
your bazooka over there,
- 770. a map of town, a big spring
and a tuna fish sandwich.
- 771. What's in it for me?
- 772. - Salvation. What's his name?
- 773. The kid that bullies you at school.
What's his name?
- 774. How'd you know that?
- 775. I got just the thing.
- 776. This is a pinata for a cricket.
- 777. I'm kidding.
This is a very powerful weapon.
- 778. Point it away from your face,
press the button on top,
- 779. it discourages bullying.
- 780. Non-lethal, just to cover one's ass.
- 781. Deal? What do you say?
- 782. - Deal.
- 783. What's your name?
- 784. Harley. And you're...
- 785. The mechanic.
- 786. Tony.
- 787. You know what keeps
going through my head?
- 788. "Where's my sandwich?"
- 789. Where is Tony Stark?
- 790. Stark secure server.
- 791. Retinal scan verified.
- 792. Pepper, it's me.
- 793. I've got a lot of apologies to make
and not a lot of time.
- 794. So... First off, I'm so sorry
I put you in harm's way.
- 795. That was selfish and stupid
and it won't happen again.
- 796. Why were you
at the house tonight?
- 797. What was so important
that you had to speak to Tony?
- 798. I think that my boss
is working for the Mandarin.
- 799. So, if you still want to talk about it
- 800. I suggest that we get
ourselves someplace safe.
- 801. Your boss works for the Mandarin,
- 802. But Tony says you're a botanist. So...
- 803. That figures. What I actually am
is a biological DNA coder
- 804. running a team of 40
out of a privately funded think tank.
- 805. But sure, you can call me a botanist.
- 806. This boss of yours,
does he have a name?
- 807. Yeah, Aldrich Killian.
- 808. Well, we took the house down,
sir. But there's no sign of a body.
- 809. - Mmm-hmm. I see.
- No Stark.
- 810. I have to go.
- 811. The master is about to record
and he's a little...
- 812. Well, you know how he gets.
- 813. Keep your appointment tonight
and call me when it's done.
- 814. All right, everybody.
No talking and no eye contact.
- 815. Unless you want to get shot in the face.
- 816. Report in.
- 817. Path is clear.
- 818. The master is travelling.
- 819. Well, then, what are we waiting for?
- 820. The sandwich was fair,
the spring was a little rusty,
- 821. the rest of the materials, I'll make do.
- 822. By the way,
when you said your sister had a watch...
- 823. Yeah?
- ... I was kind of hoping
- 824. for something a little more
adult than that.
- 825. She's six.
Anyway, it's a limited edition.
- 826. When can we talk about New York?
- 827. Maybe never.
Relax about it.
- 828. What about the Avengers?
Can we talk about them?
- 829. I dunno. Later.
Hey, kid, give me a little space.
- 830. What's the official story here?
- 831. I guess this guy named
Chad Davis used to live roundabouts.
- 832. He won a bunch of medals in the army.
- 833. And one day, folks said he went crazy
and made, you know, a bomb.
- 834. Then he blew himself up, right here.
- 835. - Six people died, right?
- 836. - Including Chad Davis.
- Yeah, yeah.
- 837. Yeah. That doesn't make sense.
- 838. Think about it.
- 839. Six dead. Only five shadows.
- 840. Yeah.
- 841. People said these shadows are
like the marks of souls going to heaven.
- 842. Except the bomb guy.
- 843. He went to hell,
on account of he didn't get a shadow.
- 844. That's why there's only five.
- 845. - Do you buy that?
- It's what everyone says.
- 846. You know what
this crater reminds me of?
- 847. No idea. I'm not...
I don't care.
- 848. That giant Wormhole in,
um, in New York.
- 849. Does it remind you?
- 850. That's manipulative.
I don't want to talk about it.
- 851. Are they coming back? The aliens?
- 852. Maybe. Can you stop?
- 853. Remember what I told you,
that I have an anxiety issue?
- 854. Does this subject make you edgy?
- 855. Yeah, a little bit. Can I just catch
my breath for a second?
- 856. Are there bad guys in Rose Hill?
- 857. Do you need a plastic bag
to breathe into?
- 858. - Do you have medication?
- 859. - Do you need to be on it?
- 860. - Do you have PTSD?
- I don't think so.
- 861. Are you going completely mental?
- 862. I can stop. Do you want me to stop?
- 863. Remember when I said
to stop doing that?
- 864. I swear that you're gonna freak me out.
- 865. Ah, man, you did it,
didn't you? You happy now?
- 866. What did I say?
- 867. Hey! Wait up!
- 868. Wait, wait.
- 869. What the hell was that?
- 870. Your fault.
You spazzed me out.
- 871. Okay, back to business.
Where were we?
- 872. The guy who died.
- 873. Relatives? Mom?
Mrs Davis, where is she?
- 874. Where she always is.
- 875. See? Now, you're being helpful.
- 876. Uh...
- 877. Sorry.
- 878. Lady?
- 879. Is this, uh...
- 880. Thank you.
- 881. Nice haircut. It suits you.
- 882. Nice watch.
- 883. Yeah. A limited edition.
- 884. Oh, I don't doubt it.
- 885. Well, have a good evening.
- 886. Excuse me.
- 887. Mrs Davis?
- 888. Mind if I join you?
- 889. Free country.
- 890. Sure is.
- 891. All right.
- 892. Where would you like to start?
- 893. I just want to say,
I'm sorry about your loss.
- 894. I want to know
what you think happened.
- 895. Look, I brought your damn file.
You take it, go.
- 896. Whatever was in here,
he wanted no part of it.
- 897. Clearly, you're waiting
for someone else. Huh?
- 898. Supposed to meet someone here?
- 899. Yeah.
- 900. Mrs Davis,
your son didn't kill himself.
- 901. I guarantee you, he didn't kill anyone.
- 902. Someone used him.
- 903. What?
- 904. As a weapon.
- 905. You're not the person
that called me after all, are you?
- 906. Actually, I am.
- 907. Hey, hey, hey!
- 908. What's all this about?
What the hell is going on here?
- 909. It's called an arrest.
- 910. Sheriff, is it?
- 911. Yes, ma'am, it is. And you are?
- 912. Homeland Security. We good here?
- 913. No, we're not "good."
- 914. I need a little more information
- 915. Well, I think it's a little above
your pay grade, Sheriff.
- 916. Yeah?
Well, why don't you
- 917. get on the horn
to Nashville and, uh, upgrade me?
- 918. All right. You know what?
I was hoping to do this the smart way,
- 919. but, uh, the fun way is always good.
- 920. Deputy, get this woman out of...
- 921. Hey, hot wings, you want to party?
Come on, you and me, let's go.
- 922. - Crazy, huh?
- 923. Watch this.
- 924. You walked right into this one.
I've dated hotter chicks than you.
- 925. That's all you got?
- 926. A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?
- 927. Sweetheart, that could be
the name of my autobiography.
- 928. Let me go!
- 929. Anyway-
- 930. Hey, kid,
what would you like for Christmas?
- 931. Mr Stark, I am so sorry.
- 932. No,no, no.
I think he was trying to say,
- 933. "I want my goddamn file."
- 934. It's not your fault, kid.
- 935. Remember what I told you
- 936. You like that, Westworld?
- 937. That's the thing about smart guys,
- 938. we always cover our ass.
- 939. Ah!
- 940. You're welcome.
- 941. For what? Did I miss something?
- 942. Me, saving your life.
- 943. Yeah. A, I saved you first.
B, thanks. Sort of.
- 944. And C, if you do someone a solid,
don't be a yutz.
- 945. All right? Just play it cool.
Otherwise you come off grandiose.
- 946. Unlike you?
- 947. Admit it, you need me.
- 948. We're connected.
- 949. What I need is for you to go home,
be with your mom,
- 950. keep your trap shut, guard the suit,
- 951. and stay connected to the telephone
- 952. because if I call,
you better pick up. Okay?
- 953. Can you feel that? We're done here.
- 954. Move out of the way,
or I'm gonna run you over.
- 955. Bye, kid.
- 956. I'm sorry, kid.
- 957. You did good.
- 958. So, now you're just gonna
leave me here, like my dad?
- 959. Yeah.
- 960. Wait, you're guilt-tripping me,
- 961. I'm cold.
- 962. I can tell.
You know how I can tell?
- 963. Because we're connected.
- 964. It was worth a shot.
- 965. You get this.
It's affordable. It's gorgeous.
- 966. It goes with any decor...
- 967. - What happened to picture?
- Go to override.
- 968. - How is this happening again?
- Fine. Override to Los Angeles.
- 969. I'm trying.
There's nothing I can...
- 970. MAN '2'. Well, where is
the feed coming from?
- 971. I don't know,
it's in all of our receivers and I...
- 972. The entire East Coast,
the satellites are down.
- 973. It's not just our station.
- 974. What about a backup manual?
- 975. We have an unauthorised
broadcast cutting through...
- 976. Mr Vice President,
I think you should see this.
- 977. Oh, God, not again.
- 978. Is the President getting this?
- 979. Mr President.
- 980. Only two lessons remain.
- 981. And I intend to finish this
before Christmas morning.
- 982. Meet Thomas Richards.
- 983. Good strong name.
Good strong job.
- 984. Thomas, here, is an accountant
for the Roxxon Oil Corporation.
- 985. But I'm sure he's a really good guy.
- 986. I'm going to shoot him in the head,
- 987. live on your television in 30 seconds.
- 988. No!
- 989. The number for this telephone
is in your cell phone.
- 990. Exciting, isn't it,
imagining how it got there?
- 991. America,
- 992. if your president calls me
in the next half-minute,
- 993. Tom lives.
- 994. Go!
- 995. How did he hack my phone?
- 996. We can't allow terrorists to dictate...
- 997. I have to make this call.
- 998. I'd strongly advise against that.
- 999. This is the right thing to do.
- 1000. There's just
one lesson left, President Ellis.
- 1001. So run away, hide,
kiss your children goodbye.
- 1002. Because nothing,
- 1003. not your army, not your red, white
and blue attack dog,
- 1004. can save YOU.
- 1005. I'll see you soon.
- 1006. Tell Rhodes,
find this lunatic right now.
- 1007. Sir, we tracked the broadcast signal.
- 1008. We have a possible point of origin
- 1009. and the Patriot is ready to strike.
- 1010. - Right now.
- Yes, sir.
- 1011. Man. Happy, Happy, Happy-
- 1012. Don't move!
- 1013. Uh...
- 1014. Hang on a second.
- 1015. Hello?
- 1016. You ever have a chick straddling you
and you look up
- 1017. and suddenly she's glowing from
the inside out, kind of a bright orange?
- 1018. Yeah, I've had that.
Who is this?
- 1019. It's me, pal.
- 1020. Now, last time I went missing,
if I remember correctly,
- 1021. you came looking for me.
What are you doing?
- 1022. A little knock-and-talk,
making friends in Pakistan.
- 1023. What are you doing?
- 1024. Your redesign, your big rebrand,
that was AIM, right?
- 1025. Yeah.
- 1026. I'm gonna find a heavy-duty
comm sat right now, I need your login.
- 1027. It's the same as
it's always been, "WarMachine68."
- 1028. And password, please.
- 1029. Well, look, I gotta change it
every time you hack in, Tony.
- 1030. It's not the '80s,
nobody says "hack" any more.
- 1031. Give me your login.
- 1032. "WAR MACHINE ROX"
with an "X," all caps.
- 1033. Yeah, okay.
- 1034. That is so much better
than "Iron Patriot."
- 1035. Very nice. Very nice.
- 1036. I have one question for you.
- 1037. What would you like
for Christmas this year?
- 1038. Well, David...
- 1039. Do not erase a programme from my DVR
unless you are 100% sure...
- 1040. One more time!
Ms Elk Ridge, everybody!
- 1041. All right.
- 1042. Because you
erase my shows!
- 1043. That ain't gonna cut it.
- 1044. We talked about this.
- 1045. Excuse me, sir.
I don't know who...
- 1046. Shh.
- 1047. Mom, I need to call you back.
Something magical is happening.
- 1048. - Tony Stark is in my van.
- Shh. Keep it down.
- 1049. - Tony Stark is in my van!
- No, he's not.
- 1050. I knew you were still alive!
- 1051. Come on in. Close the door.
- 1052. Oh, wow.
Can I just say, sir...
- 1053. Yep.
- 1054. I am your biggest fan.
- 1055. Okay. First, is this your van?
Is anyone else gonna come in?
- 1056. No, no, no. Just us.
- 1057. Great. What's your name?
- 1058. - 680'-
- 1059. - Oh, wow.
- Right there is fine.
- 1060. - Okay.
- 1061. I get a lot of this, it's okay.
- 1062. - Oh, good. Can I just say?
- What do you want? Yeah.
- 1063. I don't know if you can tell,
- 1064. but I have, like, patterned
my whole look after you.
- 1065. - My hair's a little...
- it's fine.
- 1066. It's not right,
'cause there's no product in it.
- 1067. Right.
- 1068. I don't want to make things awkward
for you, but I do have to show you...
- 1069. Boom!
- 1070. A Hispanic Scott Baio.
- 1071. - I'm sorry. Is that me?
- Yeah. It's... I mean...
- 1072. I had them do it off a doll that I made,
so it's not like it's off a picture.
- 1073. - So it's a little bit...
- Gary. Listen to me, okay?
- 1074. I don't want to clip your wings, here.
We're both a little over-excited.
- 1075. I got an issue.
I'm chasing bad guys.
- 1076. I'm trying to grab a little something
from some hard-crypt data files.
- 1077. I don't have enough juice.
- 1078. I need you to jump on the roof...
- 1079. Recalibrate the lSDNs.
- 1080. Pump it up by about 40%.
- 1081. - Got it.
- All right? It's a mission.
- 1082. Yeah.
- 1083. Tony needs Gary.
- 1084. And Gary needs Tony.
- 1085. - Be quiet about it. Go.
- 1086. What would you regard
as the defining moment of your life?
- 1087. Well, uh, I think that would be the day
I decided not to let my injury beat me.
- 1088. Will you please state
your name for the camera?
- 1089. Ellen Brandt.
- 1090. Okay. So, the injections
are administered periodically.
- 1091. Addiction will not be tolerated.
- 1092. And those who cannot regulate
will be out from the programme.
- 1093. Once misfits, cripples...
- 1094. You are the next iteration
of human evolution.
- 1095. Everybody, before we start...
- 1096. I promise you, looking back at your life,
there will be nothing as bitter
- 1097. as the memory of that glorious risk
you prudently elected to forego.
- 1098. Today is your glory-
- 1099. Let's begin.
- 1100. We gotta get out of here!
We gotta get out of here!
- 1101. Get her out!
Get them out of here!
- 1102. A bomb is not a bomb
when it's a misfire.
- 1103. The stuff doesn't always work.
- 1104. It's faulty,
but you found a buyer, didn't you?
- 1105. Sold it to the Mandarin.
- 1106. Got you, pal.
- 1107. What happened?
- 1108. Fun fact.
- 1109. Before he built rockets for the Nazis,
- 1110. the idealistic Wernher von Braun
- 1111. dreamed of space travel.
- 1112. He stargazed.
- 1113. Do you know what he said when
the first V-2 hit London?
- 1114. "The rocket performed perfectly.
- 1115. "It just landed on the wrong planet."
- 1116. See, we all begin wide-eyed.
- 1117. And then the ego steps in,
- 1118. And you look up,
- 1119. you're a long way from shore.
- 1120. You can't be too hard on yourself,
- 1121. I mean, you gave your research
to a think tank.
- 1122. Yeah, but Killian built that think tank
on military contracts.
- 1123. That's exactly what we used to do.
- 1124. So, don't judge yourself.
- 1125. Thank you, Pepper.
- 1126. I really appreciate that.
- 1127. - Hi, good evening. Come on in.
- Good evening.
- 1128. Maya, run!
- 1129. Hi, Pepper.
- 1130. So, you want to tell me why you
were at Stark's mansion last night?
- 1131. I'm trying to fix this thing.
- 1132. I didn't know you and the master
were gonna blow the place up.
- 1133. Oh, I see. So, you were trying
to save Stark when he threatened us?
- 1134. I've told you, Killian, we can use him.
- 1135. Pepper. Pepper. Pepper.
- 1136. Look, if we want to launch product
next year, I need Stark.
- 1137. He just lacked a decent incentive.
Now, he has one.
- 1138. This is support team Blue-Zero.
- 1139. Sending coordinates for a suspected
Mandarin broadcast point of origin.
- 1140. Nobody move.
- 1141. Oh. Support Blue-Zero,
- 1142. unless the Mandarin's next attack
on the U.S.
- 1143. involves cheaply-made sportswear,
- 1144. I think you messed up again.
- 1145. Yes, you're free, uh,
if you weren't before.
- 1146. It's... Of course.
- 1147. Yes, ma'am.
- 1148. Iron Patriot on the job.
- 1149. Happy to help.
- 1150. No need to thank me, ma'am.
- 1151. It's my pleasure.
- 1152. Savin?
I've acquired the Patriot armour.
- 1153. If you want this suit,
- 1154. you're going to have to
pry my cold dead body out of it.
- 1155. That's the plan, Colonel.
- 1156. Harley, tell me what's happening.
Give me a full report.
- 1157. Yeah, I'm still eating that candy.
Do you want me to keep eating it?
- 1158. - How much have you had?
- Two or three bowls.
- 1159. - Can you still see straight?
- Sort of.
- 1160. That means you're fine.
Give me Jarvis.
- 1161. Jarvis, how are we?
- 1162. It's totally fine, sir.
I seem to do quite well for a stretch,
- 1163. and then at the end of the sentence
I say the wrong cranberry.
- 1164. And, sir, you were right.
- 1165. Once I factored in
available AIM downlink facilities
- 1166. I was able to pinpoint
the Mandarin's broadcast signal.
- 1167. What are we talking?
Far East, Europe, North Africa,
- 1168. Iran, Pakistan, Syria?
Where is it?
- 1169. Actually, sir, it's in Miami.
- 1170. Okay, kid, I'm gonna have
to walk you through
- 1171. rebooting Jarvis's speech drive,
- 1172. but not right now.
- 1173. Harley, where is he really?
- 1174. Just look on the screen
and tell me where it is.
- 1175. Um, it does say Miami, Florida.
- 1176. Okay, first things first, I need
the armour. Where are we at with it?
- 1177. Uh, it's not charging.
- 1178. Actually, sir, it is charging,
but the power source is questionable.
- 1179. It may not succeed
in revitalising the Mark 42.
- 1180. What's questionable about electricity?
- 1181. It's my suit, and I can't... I'm not gonna...
I don't wanna...
- 1182. Oh, God, not again.
- 1183. Tony?
- 1184. Are you having another attack?
- 1185. I didn't even mention New York.
- 1186. Right, and then you just said it by name
while denying having said it.
- 1187. Okay, um, uh...
- 1188. God, what am I gonna do?
- 1189. Just breathe.
Really, just breathe.
- 1190. You're a mechanic, right?
- 1191. Right.
- 1192. You said so.
- 1193. Yes, I did.
- 1194. Why don't you just build something?
- 1195. Okay.
- 1196. Thanks, kid.
- 1197. Why is it so hot in here?
I told you to put it at 68.
- 1198. My fault again.
- 1199. Let me tell you something, sweetheart.
I am not your personal air con...
- 1200. Well.
- 1201. I wouldn't go in there for 20 minutes.
- 1202. Now, which one of you is Vanessa?
- 1203. - That's me.
- 1204. Nessie.
- 1205. Did you know that fortune cookies
aren't even Chinese?
- 1206. There's some guy over here.
- 1207. They're made by Americans,
based on a Japanese recipe.
- 1208. Hey!
- 1209. Bloody hell. Bloody hell.
- 1210. Don't move.
- 1211. I'm not moving.
You want something? Take it.
- 1212. Although the guns are all fake
- 1213. because those wankers
wouldn't trust me with the real ones.
- 1214. - What?
- Hey, do you fancy either of the birds?
- 1215. Heard enough.
- 1216. You're not him.
The Mandarin, the real guy.
- 1217. Where?
- 1218. Where's the Mandarin?
Where is he?
- 1219. Whoa, whoa, whoa.
He's here. He's here, but he's not here.
- 1220. - He's here, but he's not here.
- What do you mean?
- 1221. It's complicated.
Hey, it's complicated.
- 1222. - It is.
- It's complicated.
- 1223. Uncomplicate it.
- 1224. Get out of the bed.
Get into the bathroom.
- 1225. Sit.
- 1226. Ew!
- 1227. My name is Trevor.
- 1228. What are you?
- 1229. What are you, a decoy?
You're a double, right?
- 1230. What, you mean like an understudy?
No, absolutely not.
- 1231. Don't hurt the face!
I'm an actor.
- 1232. You got a minute to live.
Fill it with words.
- 1233. It's just a role.
"The Mandarin," see, it's not real.
- 1234. Then how did you get here, Trevor?
- 1235. Well, I, um, had a little
problem with, um, substances.
- 1236. And I ended up doing things,
no two ways about it,
- 1237. in the street,
that a man shouldn't do.
- 1238. - Next?
- 1239. they approached me
about the role,
- 1240. and they knew about the drugs.
- 1241. What did they say?
They'd get you off them?
- 1242. They said they'd give me more.
- 1243. They gave me things.
- 1244. They gave me this palace.
They gave me plastic surgery.
- 1245. They gave me things.
- 1246. Did you just nod off?
- 1247. Hey.
- 1248. No, and a lovely speedboat.
- 1249. And the thing was, he needed someone
- 1250. to take credit
for some accidental explosions.
- 1251. "He"?
- 1252. - Killian?
- 1253. - He created you?
- He created me.
- 1254. Custom-made terror threat.
- 1255. Yes. Yes.
- 1256. His think tank thinked it up.
- 1257. The pathology of a serial killer.
- 1258. The manipulation
of Western iconography.
- 1259. Ready for another lesson?
- 1260. Blah, blah, blah.
- 1261. No.
- 1262. Of course,
it was my performance
- 1263. that brought the Mandarin to life.
- 1264. Your performance?
- 1265. Where people died?
- 1266. No, they didn't.
- 1267. Look around you.
The costumes, green screen.
- 1268. Honestly,
I wasn't on location for half this stuff.
- 1269. And when I was,
it was movie magic, love.
- 1270. I'm sorry, but I got a best friend
who's in a coma
- 1271. and he might not wake up.
- 1272. So you're gonna have
to answer for that.
- 1273. You're still going down, pal.
- 1274. You under...
- 1275. Okay, Trevor, what did you tell him?
- 1276. - I didn't tell him anything.
- 1277. No.
- 1278. You should have pressed
the panic button.
- 1279. Well, I panicked, but then I handled it.
- 1280. Ah...
- 1281. okay-
- 1282. It's just like old times, huh?
- 1283. Oh, yeah. With zip ties.
It's a ball.
- 1284. It wasn't my idea.
- 1285. Okay. So you took Killian's card.
- 1286. I took his money.
- 1287. And here you are 13 years later,
in a dungeon.
- 1288. - No.
- 1289. No, you're in a dungeon.
I'm free to go.
- 1290. Yeah?
- 1291. A lot has happened, Tony.
- 1292. But I'm close.
- 1293. EXTREMIS is practically stabilised.
- 1294. I'm telling you it isn't.
I'm on the street.
- 1295. People are going bang.
They're painting the walls.
- 1296. Maya, you're kidding yourself.
- 1297. Then help me fix it.
- 1298. Did I do that?
- 1299. Yes.
- 1300. I remember the night, not the morning.
- 1301. Is this what
you've been chasing around?
- 1302. - You don't remember?
- I can't help you.
- 1303. You used to have a moral psychology.
- 1304. You used to have ideals.
- 1305. You wanted to help people.
- 1306. Now look at you.
- 1307. I get to wake up every morning
with someone who
- 1308. still has their soul.
- 1309. Get me out of here.
- 1310. Come on.
- 1311. You know what my old man
used to say to me?
- 1312. One of his favourite of many sayings...
- 1313. "The early bird gets the worm, but
the second mouse gets the cheese."
- 1314. You're not still pissed off
about the Switzerland thing, are you?
- 1315. How can I be pissed at you, Tony?
- 1316. I'm here to thank you.
- 1317. You gave me the greatest gift
that anybody's ever given me.
- 1318. Desperation.
- 1319. If you think back to Switzerland,
- 1320. you said you'd meet me
on the rooftop, right?
- 1321. Well, for the first 20 minutes,
- 1322. I actually thought you'd show up.
- 1323. And the next hour...
- 1324. I considered taking that
one-step shortcut to the lobby.
- 1325. If you know what I mean.
- 1326. Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out
what happened to the first mouse.
- 1327. But as I looked out over that city,
- 1328. nobody knew I was there,
nobody could see me,
- 1329. no one was even looking.
- 1330. I had a thought that would
guide me for years to come.
- 1331. Anonymity, Tony.
- 1332. Thanks to you,
it's been my mantra ever since.
- 1333. Right?
- 1334. You simply rule
from behind the scenes.
- 1335. Because the second
you give evil a face,
- 1336. a bin Laden, a Gaddafi, a Mandarin,
- 1337. you hand the people a target.
- 1338. You're something else.
- 1339. You have met him, I assume?
- 1340. Yes. Sir Laurence Oblivier.
- 1341. I know he's a little
over the top sometimes.
- 1342. It's not entirely my fault.
He has a tenden...
- 1343. He's a stage actor.
- 1344. They say his Lear was
the toast of Croydon, wherever that is.
- 1345. Anyway, the point is,
- 1346. ever since that big dude
with the hammer fell out of the sky,
- 1347. subtlety has kind of had its day.
- 1348. What's next for you in your world?
- 1349. Well, I wanted to repay you
the selfsame gift
- 1350. that you so graciously imparted to me.
- 1351. Desperation.
- 1352. Now, this is live.
- 1353. I'm not sure if you can tell,
but at this moment
- 1354. the body is trying to decide
whether to accept EXTREMIS
- 1355. or just give up.
- 1356. And if it gives up,
- 1357. I have to say,
the detonation is quite spectacular.
- 1358. But until that point,
it's really just a lot of pain.
- 1359. We haven't even talked salary yet.
- 1360. What kind of perk package
are you thinking of?
- 1361. Let him go.
- 1362. Hold on, hold on.
- 1363. Maya...
- 1364. I said, let him go.
- 1365. What are you doing?
- 1366. 1200 CCs.
A dose half of this size, I'm dead.
- 1367. It's times like this my temper
is tested somewhat.
- 1368. Maya, give me the injector.
- 1369. If I die, Killian,
- 1370. what happens to your soldiers?
What happens to your product?
- 1371. We're not doing this, okay?
- 1372. What happens to you?
What happens if you go too hot?
- 1373. The good news is,
- 1374. a high-level position
has just been vacated.
- 1375. You are a maniac.
- 1376. No, I'm a visionary.
- 1377. But I do own a maniac.
- 1378. And he takes the stage tonight.
- 1379. Once we get the Patriot installed,
- 1380. it will take me
nine or 10 minutes for the takedown.
- 1381. Well, that's great,
but the last time I looked
- 1382. there was somebody
inside of it.
- 1383. Afternoon, gentlemen.
- 1384. Hello, Colonel.
- 1385. Step aside.
- 1386. Oh!
- 1387. We'll get you out of there.
- 1388. Don't worry.
- 1389. You'll damage the armour.
- 1390. Yes, I will.
- 1391. But you can fix it, right?
- 1392. I'm gonna take the Chinook
to base camp.
- 1393. And I want Potts with me.
- 1394. She's still in Phase Two.
- 1395. You're not going deaf, are you?
- 1396. Careful, there.
It's a limited edition.
- 1397. Hey, uh, Ponytail Express.
- 1398. What's the mileage count
between Tennessee and Miami?
- 1399. 832 miles.
- 1400. Very nice.
- 1401. I'm good like that.
- 1402. Can you, uh, stop that?
- 1403. Break it, you bought it.
- 1404. I think I bought it.
- 1405. Okay, that wasn't mine to give away.
That belongs to my friend's sister.
- 1406. And that's why
I'm gonna kill you first.
- 1407. - What are you gonna do to me?
- You'll see.
- 1408. You're zip-tied to a bed.
- 1409. This.
- 1410. That.
- 1411. Are you coming out?
- 1412. Do not open. Do not open.
Don't open. Don't open.
- 1413. All right. Let's go.
- 1414. You... You breathe fire? Okay.
- 1415. It's a glorious day, Savin.
- 1416. This time tomorrow,
- 1417. I'll have the West's
most powerful leader in one hand,
- 1418. and the world's
most feared terrorist in the other.
- 1419. I'll own the war on terror.
- 1420. Create supply and demand.
- 1421. For you, for your brothers and sisters.
- 1422. Trust me,
you're gonna be in a puddle of blood
- 1423. on the ground in five, four, three...
- 1424. Come on! Two...
- 1425. How did we get this shift?
- 1426. All right,
I'm gonna give you a chance to escape.
- 1427. Put down your weapons.
- 1428. Tie yourselves to those chairs.
I'll let you live.
- 1429. In five, four, bang!
- 1430. - Ooh!
- Wow. That was...
- 1431. You should be gone by now.
You should've already been gone.
- 1432. I am just beyond terrified.
- 1433. Here it comes.
- 1434. - Three, four...
- Shut up.
- 1435. Five, four, three, two, one!
- 1436. Told you.
- 1437. Where's the rest?
- 1438. Honestly,
I hate working here. They are so weird.
- 1439. Ah! Better late than never.
- 1440. Not this time.
Not the face.
- 1441. Phew! It's good to be back.
Hello, by the way.
- 1442. Oh, hello, sir.
- 1443. All personnel, Stark is loose
and somewhere in the compound.
- 1444. Repeat, Stark is loose
and somewhere in the compound.
- 1445. Ah! Let's go!
- 1446. Aw, crap.
- 1447. Tony?
- 1448. Rhodey, tell me
that was you in the suit.
- 1449. - No. You got yours'?
- Uh... Mmm.
- 1450. Kind of.
Main house, as fast as you can.
- 1451. There's somebody I'd like you to meet.
- 1452. You, you, you! Move! Get out!
- 1453. The room is secure.
I have eyes on the Mandarin.
- 1454. What's this? I had winners.
- 1455. What have you come as?
- 1456. You make a move,
and I break your face.
- 1457. I never thought people had been hurt.
They lied to me.
- 1458. This is the Mandarin?
- 1459. Yeah, I know, it's...
- 1460. Hi, Trevor. Trevor Slattery.
- 1461. I know I'm shorter in person.
A bit smaller. Everyone says that.
- 1462. But, um, hey,
if you're here to arrest me,
- 1463. there's some people I'd like to roll on.
- 1464. Here's how it works, Meryl Streep.
- 1465. You tell him where Pepper is
and he'll stop doing it.
- 1466. Doing what?
- 1467. on! I get it! Ow! That hurt.
I get it! I get it!
- 1468. I don't know about any Pepper,
but I know about the plan.
- 1469. Spill.
- 1470. Do you know
what they did to my suit?
- 1471. What? No.
- 1472. But I do know it's happening
off the coast.
- 1473. Something to do with a big boat.
- 1474. I can take you there.
- 1475. Ole', ole', ole', ole'...
- 1476. Tony, I swear to God,
I'm gonna blow his face off.
- 1477. Oh, and this next bit may include
the vice president as well.
- 1478. Is that...
Is that important?
- 1479. - Somewhat.
- Yeah, a little bit.
- 1480. So?
- 1481. What are we gonna do?
- 1482. I mean, we don't have any transport.
- 1483. Right.
- 1484. Hey, Ringo.
- 1485. Didn't you say something
about a "lovely speedboat"?
- 1486. If he's right about the location,
we're 20 minutes from where Pepper is.
- 1487. But we also have to figure out this
- 1488. - vice president thing, right?
- 1489. I wonder who I'm calling right now.
- 1490. Oh! That's the vice president.
- 1491. Thanks.
- 1492. Hello?
- 1493. Sir, this is Tony Stark.
- 1494. Welcome back to the land of the living.
- 1495. We believe you're about to be drawn
into the Mandarin campaign.
- 1496. We gotta get you somewhere safe
as soon as possible.
- 1497. Mr Stark, I'm about
to eat honey-roast ham,
- 1498. surrounded by the Agency's finest.
- 1499. The president's safe on Air Force One
with Colonel Rhodes.
- 1500. I think we're good, here.
- 1501. Sir, this is Colonel Rhodes.
- 1502. They're using the Iron Patriot
as a Trojan horse.
- 1503. They're gonna take out
the president somehow.
- 1504. We have to immediately
alert that plane.
- 1505. Okay, I'm on it.
I'll have security lock it down.
- 1506. If need be, they can have
F-22s in the air in 30 seconds.
- 1507. - Thank you, Colonel.
- Rhodes and Stark out.
- 1508. Everything okay, sir?
- 1509. Couldn't be better.
- 1510. I love you, babe.
- 1511. Colonel Rhodes.
- 1512. Glad to see you could make it, son.
I feel safer already.
- 1513. We gotta make a decision.
- 1514. We can either save the president,
or Pepper. We can't do both.
- 1515. Sir,
I have an update from Malibu.
- 1516. The cranes have finally arrived,
- 1517. and the cellar doors
are being cleared as we speak.
- 1518. And what about
the suit I'm wearing?
- 1519. The armour is now at 92%.
- 1520. That's going to have to do.
- 1521. Oh! Here he comes.
Here he comes. Get a quick picture.
- 1522. Sure.
- 1523. Oh!
- 1524. Everything all right, Colonel?
- 1525. It is an honour, Mr President.
- 1526. If you're gonna do it, do it!
- 1527. Whoa! Cool your boots, sir.
- 1528. That's not how the Mandarin works.
- 1529. Sir, Air Force One
has been compromised.
- 1530. Internal shots, temperature spikes.
- 1531. Get me eyes on it now.
- 1532. Image coming through now, sir.
- 1533. Was that Rhodes?
- 1534. Is anyone there?
- 1535. Let us out!
- 1536. The President.
- 1537. Now.
- 1538. He's not here.
- 1539. Try the jet stream?
- 1540. Speaking of which, go fish.
- 1541. Walk away from that, you son of a bitch.
- 1542. How many in the air?
- 1543. Thirteen, sir.
- 1544. - How many can I carry?
- Four, sir.
- 1545. Slow down. Slow down, relax.
What's your name? Heather?
- 1546. Oh, God! No! No!
- 1547. Listen to me.
See that guy?
- 1548. I'm gonna swing by,
you're just gonna grab him.
- 1549. - You got it?
- What? Oh!
- 1550. I'll electrify your arm,
you won't be able to open your hand.
- 1551. We can do this, Heather.
- 1552. Easy, see? Eleven more to go.
- 1553. Remember that game
called Barrel of Monkeys?
- 1554. That's what we're going to do.
- 1555. 18,000 feet.
- 1556. Come on, people.
Everybody, grab your monkey.
- 1557. Nice.
- 1558. 10,000 feet.
- 1559. 6,000 feet.
- 1560. Come on, people.
- 1561. Come on, come on, come on!
- 1562. Yeah!
- 1563. 1, 000 feet.
- 1564. 400 feet.
- 1565. 200 feet, sir.
- 1566. He's a chunky monkey,
let's get him.
- 1567. Hello.
- 1568. We made it!
- 1569. Nice work, guys!
- 1570. Excellent.
Good team effort all around. Go us.
- 1571. All right, Jarvis.
- 1572. But it's only half-done.
We've still got to get Pepper...
- 1573. That came out of nowhere.
- 1574. Wow.
- 1575. Give me some good news, man.
- 1576. I think they all made it.
- 1577. Oh, thank God.
- 1578. Yeah, but I missed the president.
- 1579. You couldn't save the president
with the suit,
- 1580. how are we gonna save Pepper
- 1581. Uh... Say, Jarvis,
is it that time?
- 1582. The House Party Protocol, sir?
- 1583. Correct.
- 1584. Hi.
- 1585. You think he's gonna help you?
- 1586. He won't.
- 1587. Having you here is not
just to motivate Tony Stark. It's, um...
- 1588. Well, it's actually
more embarrassing than that.
- 1589. You're here as my, um...
- 1590. trophy-
- 1591. Mmm.
- 1592. Good evening, sir.
- 1593. Welcome aboard, Mr President.
- 1594. Ever hear
of an elephant graveyard?
- 1595. Well, two years ago,
the elephant in the room was this scow.
- 1596. This is the Roxxon Norco.
- 1597. And, of course, you'll remember
- 1598. that when she spilled a million gallons
of crude off Pensacola,
- 1599. thanks to you,
not one fat cat saw a day in court.
- 1600. What do you want from me?
- 1601. Uh, nothing, sir.
- 1602. I just needed a reason to kill you
that would play well on TV.
- 1603. You see, I've moved on.
- 1604. I found myself
a new political patron,
- 1605. and this time tomorrow,
he'll have your job.
- 1606. String him up.
- 1607. Hey!
- 1608. Come on.
- 1609. You're not gonna freak out on me,
- 1610. I hope not.
- 1611. Oh, my God.
- 1612. He's strung up over the oil
tanker. They're gonna light him up, man.
- 1613. Viking funeral.
- 1614. Yeah, death by oil.
- 1615. Broadcast will commence shortly.
- 1616. Take final positions.
- 1617. Okay. That's good.
- 1618. Now give me cameras A through E
and we'll do a full tech rehearsal.
- 1619. ls your gun UP?
- 1620. Yep. What do I do?
- 1621. Stay on my six, cover high
and don't shoot me in the back.
- 1622. Six, high, back. All right.
- 1623. You see that? Nailed it.
- 1624. Yeah, you really killed the glass.
- 1625. You think I was aiming for the bulb?
- 1626. You can't hit a bulb at this distance.
- 1627. All personnel, we have hostiles
- 1628. - on east unit 12.
- Over there!
- 1629. - I repeat, hostiles on east unit 12.
- I'm out. Give me...
- 1630. - You got extra magazines?
- They're not universal, Tony.
- 1631. I know what I'm doing, I make this stuff.
Give me another one.
- 1632. - One of yours.
- I don't have one that fits that gun.
- 1633. You've got, like, five of them.
- 1634. Here's what I'm going to do.
- 1635. Save my spot, ready?
- 1636. - What'd you see?
- Too fast. Nothing.
- 1637. Here we go.
- 1638. Three guys, one girl, all armed.
- 1639. God, I would kill
for some armour right now.
- 1640. - You're right. We need backup.
- Yeah, a bunch.
- 1641. You know what?
- 1642. Is that...
- 1643. Yep.
- 1644. - Are those...
- 1645. Merry Christmas, buddy.
- 1646. Jarvis, target
EXTREMIS heat signatures.
- 1647. Disable with extreme prejudice.
- 1648. Yes, sir.
- 1649. What are you waiting for?
- 1650. Take them to church.
- 1651. Gentlemen.
- 1652. Incoming!
- 1653. Jarvis, get Igor to steady this thing.
- 1654. This is how you've been managing
your down time, huh?
- 1655. Everybody needs a hobby.
- 1656. Heartbreaker, help Red Snapper out,
- 1657. Nice timing.
- 1658. Oh, yeah. That's awesome.
Give me a suit, okay?
- 1659. Oh, I'm sorry,
they're only coded to me.
- 1660. What does that mean?
I got you covered.
- 1661. Good evening, Colonel.
Can I give you a lift?
- 1662. Very funny.
- 1663. Sir, I've located Ms Potts.
- 1664. About time.
- 1665. Stop!
Put it down. Put it down. Put it down.
- 1666. See what happens when you hang out
with my ex-girlfriends?
- 1667. You're such a jerk.
- 1668. Yep. We'll talk about it over dinner.
- 1669. Come on. A little more, baby.
- 1670. Oh!
- 1671. Is this guy bothering you?
- 1672. Don't get up.
- 1673. Ooh.
- 1674. Is it hot in there?
- 1675. Stuck? Do you feel a little stuck?
- 1676. Like a little turtle,
cooking in his little turtle suit.
- 1677. Oh, Tony.
- 1678. She's watching.
- 1679. I think you should close your eyes.
- 1680. Close your eyes.
- 1681. Close your eyes.
You don't want to see this.
- 1682. Yeah, you take a minute.
- 1683. Jarvis, give me a suit right now!
- 1684. Oh, come on!
- 1685. Mr President!
Just hold on, all right? I'm coming.
- 1686. Just hold on. Hold on.
- 1687. Okay.
- 1688. Bye-bye.
- 1689. Brace yourself.
- 1690. You look damn good, Mr President,
- 1691. but I'm gonna need that suit back.
- 1692. The President
is secure, Tony
- 1693. - I'm clearing the area.
- Nice work.
- 1694. - Ready, sir?
- What do you mean "ready"?
- 1695. Pep, I got you.
Relax, I got you.
- 1696. Just look at me!
- 1697. Honey, I can't reach any
further and you can't stay there.
- 1698. All right?
You've got to let go.
- 1699. You've got to let go!
I'll catch you, I promise.
- 1700. No!
- 1701. A shame. I would've caught her.
- 1702. Eject.
- 1703. Well, here we are on the roof.
- 1704. Mark 42, inbound.
- 1705. I'll be damned.
The prodigal son returns.
- 1706. Whatever.
- 1707. You really didn't deserve her, Tony.
- 1708. It's a pity.
I was so close to having her perfect.
- 1709. Okay, okay, wait, wait, wait!
Slow down! Slow down!
- 1710. You're right. I don't deserve her.
- 1711. Here's where you're wrong.
- 1712. She was already perfect.
- 1713. Jarvis,
- 1714. do me a favour and blow Mark 42.
- 1715. No...
- 1716. No more false faces.
- 1717. You said you wanted the Mandarin.
- 1718. You're looking right at him.
- 1719. It was always me, Tony.
Right from the start.
- 1720. I am the Mandarin!
- 1721. I got nothing.
- 1722. Jarvis, subject at my 12 o'clock
is not a target, disengage!
- 1723. What?
Oh, what, are you mad at me?
- 1724. Whoo!
- 1725. Honey?
- 1726. Oh, my God.
- 1727. That was really violent.
- 1728. You just scared the devil out of me.
I thought you were...
- 1729. I was dead.
Why? Because I fell 200 feet?
- 1730. Who's the hot mess now?
- 1731. It's still debatable.
- 1732. Probably tipping your way a little bit.
- 1733. Why don't you dress
like this at home? Hmm?
- 1734. Sport bra. The whole deal.
- 1735. You know, I think I understand
why you don't want to give up the suits.
- 1736. What am I going to complain
- 1737. Well, it's me.
- 1738. You'll think of something.
- 1739. - No, don't touch me.
- Don't worry about it.
- 1740. - No, I'm gonna burn you.
- No, you're not.
- 1741. Not hot.
- 1742. Am I gonna be okay?
- 1743. No.
- 1744. You're in a relationship with me.
Everything will never be okay.
- 1745. But I think I can figure this out, yeah.
- 1746. I almost had this 20 years ago
when I was drunk.
- 1747. I think I can get you better.
- 1748. That's what I do. I fix stuff.
- 1749. And all your distractions?
- 1750. Uh... I'm going to shave them down
a little bit.
- 1751. Jarvis. Hey.
- 1752. All wrapped up here, sir.
Will there be anything else?
- 1753. You know what to do.
- 1754. The Clean Slate Protocol, sir?
- 1755. Screw it, it's Christmas.
- 1756. Okay, so far?
Do you like it?
- 1757. It'll do.
- 1758. And so,
as Christmas morning began,
- 1759. my journey had reached its end.
- 1760. You start with something pure,
- 1761. something exciting.
Then, come the mistakes.
- 1762. The compromises.
- 1763. We create our own demons.
- 1764. Oh!
- 1765. Great to see you! Oh, bloody hell!
- 1766. As promised, I got Pepper
sorted out. It took some tinkering.
- 1767. But then I thought to myself,
"Why stop there?"
- 1768. Of course, there are people who
say progress is dangerous,
- 1769. but I'll bet none of those idiots ever
had to live with a chestful of shrapnel.
- 1770. And now, neither will I.
- 1771. Let me tell you...
- 1772. that was the best sleep
I'd had in years.
- 1773. It's okay. It's okay.
- 1774. It's okay.
- 1775. No, look.
- 1776. So, if I were to wrap this up,
tie it with a bow, or whatever...
- 1777. I guess I'd say my armour,
it was never a distraction,
- 1778. or a hobby.
- 1779. It was a cocoon.
- 1780. And now,
- 1781. I'm a changed man.
- 1782. You can take away my house,
all my tricks and toys.
- 1783. One thing you can't take away...
- 1784. I am Iron Man.
- 1785. You know, and thank you
by the way. For listening.
- 1786. Plus, something about just getting it off
- 1787. and putting it out there in the
atmosphere, instead of holding this in...
- 1788. I mean, this is what gets people sick,
- 1789. Wow, I had no idea
you were such a good listener.
- 1790. To be able to share
all my intimate thoughts
- 1791. and my experiences with someone,
- 1792. it just cuts the weight of it in half.
- 1793. You know, it's like a snake
swallowing its own tail.
- 1794. Everything comes full circle.
- 1795. And the fact that you've been able to
- 1796. help me process...
- 1797. - Are you with me?
- Sorry... I was, yeah.
- 1798. We were at, uh...
- 1799. Are you actively napping?
- 1800. I was... I... I drifted.
- 1801. Where did I lose you?
- 1802. Elevator in Switzerland.
- 1803. So, you heard none of it.
- 1804. I'm sorry. I'm not that kind of doctor.
- 1805. I'm not a therapist.
- 1806. - It's not my training.
- 1807. - I don't have the...
- What? The time?
- 1808. Temperament.
- 1809. You know what?
Now that I think about it...
- 1810. Oh! God, my original wound.
- 1811. - 1983, all right?
- 1812. I'm 14 years old, I still have a nanny.
That was weird.