- 1. - Come along, Cabot.
- Kahn explained the game.
- 2. Now back off!
- 3. And you believed the fool.
- 4. I remember all the hours
Dad and I spent out there.
- 5. - Did you like it?
- 6. Good.
Because for the next two months...
- 7. you're gonna toughen your mind
and your body.
- 8. It's gonna make your Olympic training
look like finger-painting.
- 9. Those men, among others
out there, will train you.
- 10. Any questions?
- 11. None.
- 12. - Do you recognize him?
- The Kahn of Parmistan.
- 13. What do you know about his country?
- 14. It's a tiny mountain nation
in the middle of the Hindu Kush range.
- 15. - This?
- I don't know.
- 16. Zamir. He intends to overthrow the Kahn
and sell the country to the other side.
- 17. And he's a viper.
- 18. And your welfare is of no interest to him.
- 19. We're interested in Parmistan
for one reason, and that's location.
- 20. A Star Wars satellite station
- 21. could monitor all the other satellites
around the world.
- 22. It would be the ultimate early warning
system in case of nuclear attack.
- 23. And now, in our hands...
- 24. such a system
could save millions of lives.
- 25. But in the wrong hands...
- 26. - It could destroy our entire nation.
- 27. Now the Kahn is being challenged
inside his country by a radical group.
- 28. They'd like to open the borders and sell
the satellite station to the other side.
- 29. Why don't we send in the troops?
- 30. Direct military action is out of style,
- 31. Finesse.
- 32. But there is one chance for one man.
- 33. Anyone who enters Parmistan
must play the game.
- 34. If he wins, he's allowed his life,
and one request.
- 35. And if he loses?
- 36. How do we know somebody else
hasn't already gone in and won the game?
- 37. No outsider has won the game
in over 900 years.
- 38. What we do know is that other countries
are training their athletes right now.
- 39. A lot of people want that one request.
- 40. There's someone I want you to meet.
- 41. You know, your father was hampered
by a lack of knowledge about the game.
- 42. Fortunately, we have a break.
- 43. Jonathan Cabot...
- 44. may I present the Princess Rubali
- 45. Princess.
- 46. The princess is an expert at the game.
- 47. And she'll be handling your training
from now on.
- 48. You'll be leaving together.
- 49. Part of the training, huh?
- 50. What? A game?
- 51. Hey. Hey, wait.
- 52. What she's saying is,
don't trust anybody.
- 53. Hope to tell you.
- 54. There are many sounds around us.
- 55. Each slightly different.
- 56. So small as to go unnoticed...
- 57. by the person who is unaware.
- 58. Do not hear the wood split.
- 59. Hear the only sound of ax, cutting air.
- 60. Read the air itself.
- 61. It has much say to you.
- 62. You've gotta remember,
they will skin you if you're not real good.
- 63. You've gotta outsmart them,
you've gotta out-quick them.
- 64. Now push it.
- 65. I know I'll out-sleep them.
- 66. Go ahead.
- 67. No, no, no, no.
- 68. Okay?
- 69. One must learn to be forgiving
- 70. Not quick enough.
- 71. - You're looking good.
- I'm never gonna make it.
- 72. - She does crazy things.
- The game's never the same.
- 73. Other countries are training
their best men to defeat you.
- 74. She's driving me nuts.
- 75. - You know she doesn't talk?
- The princess will come around.
- 76. Interesting background.
- 77. Her mother was Indonesian.
- 78. You know, one of the problems
that you've got to face...
- 79. is being able to distill
the essence of what you've learned.
- 80. It's a subtle blend of the martial arts of the
East and the fighting skills of the West.
- 81. You know, karate
and your own special gymnastics.
- 82. Come on, come on.
Almost. Come on.
- 83. Good morning, princess.
- 84. Good morning, Jonathan.
You're looking handsome as always.
- 85. Did you sleep well?
- 86. Like a log.
- 87. Don't trust anybody, right?
- 88. Sometimes you just gotta
take a chance.
- 89. You will be flown to your rendezvous...
- 90. and taken by boat
to the border town of Karabal...
- 91. about a hundred miles from Istanbul
on the Caspian Sea.
- 92. From there you will meet
Colonel Mackle at the salt mines.
- 93. - The salt mine?
- You'll see.
- 94. Mackle will then provide you with the
necessary weapons and equipment...
- 95. for the game.
- 96. - Jonathan.
- I hear you, sir.
- 97. Jonathan, what town are you going to?
- 98. Karabal, on the Caspian Sea.
- 99. Yeah, right there.
- 100. That'll be Mackle.
- 101. They call him "The Stork."
- 102. - I'm John Mackle, welcome to town.
- Thank you.
- 103. The men will take care
of your bags. Please.
- 104. - I see we're in the tour business.
- Oh, among other things here.
- 105. It' s a nice boat. I suppose one of many.
- 106. Well, boats and buses.
- 107. - Compliments of the American taxpayer.
- It figures.
- 108. A salt mine, just as Paley said.
- 109. Yes. It's a place we use
from time to time. Convenient.
- 110. Over here, please.
- 111. As you know, no firearms of any type
are allowed in Parmistan.
- 112. Get caught with a gun
and he'll chop your head off.
- 113. So each of these is custom-made
with modern alloys.
- 114. Looks ordinary enough, huh?
- 115. - Very impressive.
- 116. But— Don't!
- 117. Press that.
- 118. The blade's spring-loaded
and it'll kill a man at 20 feet.
- 119. Fine piece of work.
- 120. The only way we can get you
into Parmistan is by pack mule.
- 121. And then not all the way.
- 122. As the princess knows, you'll have to use
your raft for the final leg of the trip.
- 123. That leaves tonight, of course.
- 124. You could go into town.
- 125. I will send a couple of
Paley's men with you.
- 126. Pick us up in front of Ahkmed's
in two hours.
- 127. You like?
- 128. You like, I give you good price.
I give you good price.
- 129. Oh, you're from America.
Look at the quality, I give you good price.
- 130. American, come back.
- 131. - You are an American?
- 132. Yankee, go home.
- 133. Don't bother, Jon.
- 134. You might start a big riot.
- 135. So much for Karabal nightlife.
- 136. Well, there's just a little anti-American
sentiment running around, but I think—
- 137. - They grabbed Rubali.
- I know. I heard. Come in. Come in.
- 138. They killed the two agents.
- 139. It's obvious that Zamir knows
every move we' re making.
- 140. Hundreds of miles away
and he still reaches us.
- 141. Not for long...
- 142. because I'll kill him.
- 143. - Where's Rubali?
- In the walled city of Karabal.
- 144. - But you will never get her out.
- Where is she?
- 145. Tamerlane has her
at the fortified mansion of his.
- 146. - And where is that?
- It's all in your briefing package.
- 147. - I'm getting her out.
- Forget it.
- 148. That's a terrorist training camp.
- 149. Tamerlane is Zamir's man.
You're going into Parmistan alone.
- 150. Just be ready for two of us, colonel.
- 151. You okay? Okay?
- 152. Are you okay?
- 153. You'll be fine.
- 154. Once the Kahn knows
that we have you...
- 155. he'll gladly relinquish his throne
in exchange of your life.
- 156. Who's there?
- 157. God. Come in. Come in.
- 158. They were waiting for me.
- 159. - The place was on alert.
- These people have spies everywhere.
- 160. Lots of ears to the ground.
- 161. What the hell is this, Stork?
- 162. - What did you forget?
- None of this stuff has been done.
- 163. Nothing's been packed.
- 164. I don't think we'll be able
to make it in time.
- 165. What's the story, Mackle?
- 166. This is a real shame, Cabot.
- 167. I always said that Special Intelligence
should have handled this whole operation.
- 168. Double blackmail.
- 169. Well, that cleans up things here.
You'll leave in the morning.
- 170. - Are those your people?
- 171. But things have changed.
- 172. Rubali.
- 173. Where's Rubali?
- 174. Where am I?
- 175. Where's the Princess Rubali?
- 176. - What's going on?
- You'll get no answer.
- 177. She has no tongue.
- 178. - Who are you?
- Commander Zamir. Advisor to the Kahn.
- 179. He has sent me here
to welcome you to our country.
- 180. I already had that.
- 181. - When do I meet the Kahn?
- 182. The Kahn will be presiding
over an explanation of the game.
- 183. Afterwards, a banquet.
- 184. The next day, you will play.
- 185. That's what I'm here for.
- 186. If there is anything I can do for you,
- 187. There is one thing.
The Princess Rubali, where is she?
- 188. With her father, of course.
- 189. And as I said, welcome.
- 190. Thanks.
- 191. No.
- 192. Okay, okay.
- 193. The first challenge is a three-mile
run across the swamp...
- 194. to the second obstacle,
a 200-foot rope climb.
- 195. From there,
it is but a half mile to the gorge.
- 196. The fourth part is to enter the river
that will lead you, dead or alive...
- 197. to the high forest.
- 198. If successful, you will enter
the Village of the Damned.
- 199. Surviving this, there is the final
five-mile run through the swamp again.
- 200. It is not all at great risk...
- 201. it is also a test
of endurance, as you will see.
- 202. And remember,
instinct must carry you as well.
- 203. This is obvious here.
- 204. But on land itself, it might be easy
to get lost. Take a wrong turn.
- 205. There will be judges to show the way.
- 206. There can be no mistakes.
- 207. Anyone trying to avoid an obstacle
will be instantly killed.
- 208. If you'll excuse me now, gentlemen...
- 209. I must go play king for my people.
- 210. These men have been convicted
of grave crimes.
- 211. But today, we will give them
a chance for life...
- 212. by letting them play the game!
- 213. You have been shown the course
you will travel.
- 214. When the rope is cut,
the prisoners will start running.
- 215. Upon my command, the children
of Parmistan may begin their pursuit!
- 216. Is Thorg gonna be here?
- 217. Superman? I don't know,
I haven't seen him.
- 218. Let's hope he makes it.
- 219. I hear there's a town of crazies
we've gotta go through.
- 220. Silence.
- 221. Yes! Yes!
- 222. Follow me.
We'll meet them at the swamp.
- 223. Please. Please, help me.
- 224. - Can't we help?
- Help me. Help me, please.
- 225. - He'll be killed.
- And you will be too if you try to help.
- 226. Kill him.
- 227. Why did you do that?
- 228. That warrior broke the rules.
- 229. The prisoners were in
the next stage of the game.
- 230. He should have waited
until they were above.
- 231. We'll go there now.
- 232. The warrior's in the same stage
as the prisoner.
- 233. He can kill him if he can.
- 234. Well, that didn't hold us
from the banquet very long.
- 235. I would like to heartily welcome
all to my country...
- 236. and wish you great success
in the game tomorrow.
- 237. You are all men of courage and skill.
- 238. You've already shown that by surviving
the difficult journey into this country.
- 239. Your Excellency?
- 240. My father, Colonel Cabot,
he came here to play the game.
- 241. What happened to him?
- 242. Your father was a superb competitor.
- 243. He would have belonged
at this table of champions tonight.
- 244. But he was not victorious.
- 245. Let us all wish his son good fortune.
- 246. - Gomez?
- 247. You were telling me
about a town of crazies.
- 248. This country sends
its criminally insane there.
- 249. They've been doing it for generations.
- 250. They're a bunch of goddamn cannibals.
- 251. And you're stuffing
the turkey for them, huh?
- 252. I would like to announce the wedding
of my daughter, the Princess Rubali.
- 253. Which will take place tomorrow
following the game.
- 254. My closest aide, Zamir,
is the lucky groom.
- 255. Thorg?
- 256. Forgive my tardiness, Great Kahn,
I hope I haven't inconvenienced you.
- 257. It is our honor to have you with us.
Please, sit down.
- 258. Thorg. Jonathan Cabot.
I've admired you since Munich.
- 259. You must understand, she's mine.
- 260. It's not over yet.
- 261. So put your hardware
back in your pants.
- 262. You will take me to the Princess Rubali.
- 263. Is this the princess's room?
- 264. Don't be afraid.
- 265. Tell the princess
to meet me in the garden.
- 266. It's a political marriage.
- 267. Traditionally, the daughter of the Kahn
marries his closest aide.
- 268. Why can't he break with tradition?
- 269. He has already earned a lot of enemy
for letting the twenties go unpunished.
- 270. - The twenties?
- The young people.
- 271. They want our country
to join the 20th century.
- 272. It's funny, but this marriage...
- 273. which is supposed to help
unify our country, will tear it apart.
- 274. Why?
- 275. Zamir is the leader of the faction
trying to overthrow my father.
- 276. But Father refuses to believe it.
- 277. What's he gonna do?
- 278. Father plans to announce a new era
for our country tomorrow, after the game.
- 279. An era that combines
the best of the old and the new.
- 280. That sounds intelligent.
- 281. Yes, but Zamir will make sure
that tomorrow's game...
- 282. will be so deadly and so violent,
that no one will survive.
- 283. That's not gonna happen.
- 284. - Don't play tomorrow.
- I have to.
- 285. You will get killed.
- 286. Wouldn't I be killed anyway?
- 287. Do you think they're just gonna allow me
to walk out of here?
- 288. I'll win.
- 289. Go.
- 290. Stop!
- 291. Children of Parmistan,
are you ready for the game?
- 292. Today is a very special day.
- 293. Not only will we play
the most important game in our history...
- 294. we will also have a royal wedding.
- 295. Not while I'm alive.
- 296. Yes.
- 297. The princess was out last night.
- 298. Someone else
was out on the grounds as well.
- 299. Death becomes you.
- 300. In the ancient tradition of Parmistan,
let the game begin!
- 301. - Jonathan!
- Stop her!
- 302. Zamir, stop!
- 303. You are breaking the rules.
You must pursue on my command!
- 304. Find him.
- 305. I want him.
- 306. Close the circle.
- 307. There he is!
- 308. The torch.
- 309. Burn, you bastard.
- 310. Damn it! The gorge!
- 311. They broke the rules. Kill them.
- 312. Damn it.
- 313. Hurry!
- 314. The sword.
- 315. Hurry along, Cabot.
- 316. You don't have a great deal of time.
- 317. Damn!
- 318. The finish line for you
is right here, Cabot.
- 319. Out of the way, Thorg.
- 320. Hear the only sound of ax, cutting air.
- 321. Gomez!
- 322. Here we are.
- 323. The cuckoo's nest, eh?
- 324. Yeah, don't waste your breath.
- 325. The village of the crazies.
He'll never get out alive.
- 326. Oh, jeez.
- 327. Gomez.
- 328. Dad, my God.
- 329. I knew you'd get here, Jonathan.
- 330. I don't know what's real anymore.
- 331. It's true enough,
it was a nightmare in hell.
- 332. Come on,
we can drop over the wall from here.
- 333. Come on.
- 334. The guards are still in the stairway.
- 335. Protection.
- 336. Father, why don't you believe me?
- 337. You saw what Zamir did.
He doesn't want anyone to win.
- 338. He doesn't care
if they all kill one another.
- 339. - It's all the same to him.
- I have always trusted him.
- 340. You're a prisoner in your own palace.
- 341. Not true.
- 342. Why are you saying such things?
- 343. He has built his own army.
- 344. His, not yours.
- 345. For security reasons, yes.
- 346. And loyal to him, not to you.
- 347. Father, look at them.
- 348. - Faces hidden from you.
- Well, that—
- 349. The American is our only chance.
- 350. I will help him in any way I can.
- 351. Rubali, you must not do this.
- 352. I was cut down trying to cross the gorge
on one of those ropes.
- 353. Trees along the way broke my fall.
I got this useless arm out of it.
- 354. Zamir's men captured me and were
gonna use me as diplomatic bait.
- 355. I've missed you, Dad.
- 356. It's so great to see you.
- 357. You'll never know how—
- 358. Win, Jonny.
- 359. This is it.
- 360. Ride. Ride!
- 361. Jump, you fools.
- 362. Die, you bastard!
- 363. Get out of my way.
- 364. Traitor!
- 365. Attention!
- 366. Attention!
- 367. Death to the Kahn!
- 368. Seize them! Seize them!
- 369. Zamir's men are traitors!
- 370. Stop them! Stop them!
- 371. They're here. They're here.
- 372. Down the street. Hurry. Hurry!
- 373. Over here. Over here.
- 374. He's coming. Look. Over here.
Come on. Come on. He's coming.
- 375. Someone needs to stop Clearway Law.
Public shouldn't leave reviews for lawyers.