- 1. Klytus, I'm bored.
- 2. What plaything
can you offer me today?
- 3. An obscure body in the SK system.
The inhabitants call it Earth.
- 4. How peaceful it looks.
- 5. Most effective, Your Majesty.
Will you destroy this Earth?
- 6. Later. I like to play with things...
- 7. Green Mountain Airways 123
- 8. I hope Flash Gordon's had
a great vacation after last season.
- 9. - Any problem, fellas?
- Just turbulence. Nothing serious.
- 10. Nothing you'd want to toss
a third-down pass through either.
- 11. Would you like to autograph this
for my kid, Mr. Gordon?
- 12. - Call Boston approach.
- It may be smoother higher up.
- 13. Do us a favor and leave them alone.
They're busy driving the bus.
- 14. It's just a little turbulence.
- 15. - My name's Flash.
- I know.
- 16. I'm sorry if I seemed rude.
I'm just a little scared.
- 17. It's kind of nice.
A travel agent who's scared in planes.
- 18. I asked the Maître D' who you were.
- 19. - Talk to me. Get my mind off this.
- I couldn't believe you were alone.
- 20. - You're just saying that.
- No, I mean it.
- 21. - What were you doing there, alone?
- Trying to get my head together.
- 22. - By myself, you know?
- I sure do.
- 23. It's okay.
Honestly, it's nothing.
- 24. - Famous last words.
- I take flying lessons.
- 25. Sometimes air rises above clouds
and you get a...
- 26. What's the matter?
- 27. What's happening, Flash?
- 28. Dr. Zarkov! There's no sun.
It's 8:24 in the morning.
- 29. - No sun?
- 30. Check the angular vector
of the moon.
- 31. There seems to be no reason
for these intergalactic upsets.
- 32. Only Dr. Hans Zarkov, formerly
of NASA, provided an explanation.
- 33. His ideas, however,
have been rejected as irrational.
- 34. According to NASA, today's
solar eclipse is no cause for alarm.
- 35. A team of scientists has been
in conference with the President.
- 36. What do you find?
The moon out of orbit?
- 37. By more than twelve degrees.
It must be a mistake.
- 38. That's no mistake.
It's an attack.
- 39. I've been right all these years.
- 40. Fragments of moon rock. Our moon
is subjected to some enormous force.
- 41. A kind of energy beam.
- 42. Time to go, Munson.
I've got the coordinates -
- 43. - the direction it's coming from.
- 44. This is what we've been waiting for.
- 45. We'll go up and counter-attack.
- 46. You're crazy.
I'm not going up in that.
- 47. - I can't handle the capsule alone.
- You'd better try.
- 48. - Get your toothbrush and whatever.
- Right, chief.
- 49. Munson!
Why are you running away?
- 50. All the frequencies are dead.
- 51. - Get a look at the V.O.R.
- Holy cow!
- 52. John, ten o'clock!
- 53. I'll put this baby down right here.
- 54. What the hell?
- 55. - My God, where are the pilots?
- Help me pull her up.
- 56. Are we coming up?
I can't see.
- 57. Me neither. Look for landing lights.
- 58. - This isn't my scene. Look where?
- Hit the switches over there.
- 59. Did your flying lessons
get as far as landing?
- 60. I was afraid you'd ask that. No.
- 61. Hang on, here we go.
- 62. Munson!
- 63. I swear, Munson, I'll shoot!
- 64. Get shot, go up,
what's the difference?
- 65. You'll give your life to save Earth.
- 66. - Haven't you any spirit at all?
- 67. - Dr. Zarkov, listen!
- You're back.
- 68. - Dale, you all right?
- I'm terrific.
- 69. Let's get out of here
before she blows.
- 70. Hold me for a second, then drop me,
I'll kiss the ground.
- 71. - You sure you're okay?
- Fine. But no more flying.
- 72. - Good morning! Are you injured?
- It seems not.
- 73. A miracle.
I expect you'd like to use my phone?
- 74. - I would.
- I'm sure the insurance...
- 75. - Please, don't mention it.
- What happened to the sun?
- 76. - Looks like an eclipse.
- There was nothing about it on TV.
- 77. The phone is right in there.
- 78. Sorry, Munson.
Missed your opportunity.
- 79. - Where's the telephone?
- I'm sure that's Dr. Zarkov.
- 80. He's a crazy scientist I saw on TV.
- 81. He kept talking about an attack.
They kicked him out of NASA...
- 82. - Dr. Zarkov.
- 83. - Are you crazy?
- Unfortunately not.
- 84. The attack has begun. We have eleven
days before the moon crashes down.
- 85. - I need aid in taking off.
- Taking off where?
- 86. Up there. I need one person
to keep a foot on that red pedal -
- 87. - During blast-off.
You're the lighter. Sit down.
- 88. You may leave. Tell the world
what Hans Zarkov has done.
- 89. I guess I'll be running along now.
- 90. Flash, the doors!
- 91. Sit down! Keep a foot on the pedal,
or the G-forces will kill us all.
- 92. My God, we're moving.
- 93. For God's sake,
strap yourselves down! Quick!
- 94. The red pedal!
- 95. Friendship.
Built this to send in friendship...
- 96. The end, now...
- 97. Unless we three can...
Unless we can...
- 98. Strange object
in the imperial vortex.
- 99. What distance?
- 100. Parallel to star field Zygma 12,
- 101. - Test object for life waves.
- Positive, form unknown.
- 102. Approximate Mong Scale 3.
- 103. Object entering our control range,
approaching the Sea of Fire.
- 104. Bring it through safely. Land it.
- 105. Wake up, Dale. We're okay.
- 106. It's me, Flash. Remember?
We're on the ground.
- 107. - Back home?
- I don't think so.
- 108. Hello. We're from Earth. Friends.
- 109. Whoever they are,
it's clear they are highly developed.
- 110. - I'm sure we can reason with them.
- Want to bet on it?
- 111. - My God!
- Is this a Civic Reception?
- 112. - More like a police state.
- That could be our good luck.
- 113. It means we'll find allies everywhere.
- 114. They're just waiting for someone
to lead them in revolt.
- 115. - Are you looking at me, Zarkov?
- Please. I just want to get home.
- 116. Guards, halt.
Prisoners, follow me.
- 117. Halt, Lizard Man!
Escape is impossible. Surrender.
- 118. Prisoners, march below me
to Emperor Ming.
- 119. Let's not argue. Here, hold my hand.
- 120. - You want to reason with that?
- If it fails, I still have the gun.
- 121. Don't worry. I'll make it plain
I'm acting on my own.
- 122. - It's plain suicide.
- It's a rational transaction.
- 123. - One life for billions.
- 124. Proceed.
- 125. Hail Ming, hail!
Ruler of the universe!
- 126. Hail, Ming! Emperor of the galaxy!
- 127. The tributes of the Hawkmen
will be first.
- 128. - Are we dreaming?
- I'd like to think so.
- 129. The fabled Ice Jewel of Frigia.
- 130. - We seized it in battle.
- 131. The Ice Jewel is our tribute,
- 132. Vultan stole it
while we were burying our dead.
- 133. - You are a thief.
- 134. Let down your weapons!
- 135. No one, but no one,
dies in the palace -
- 136. - Without a command
from the Emperor.
- 137. Hail Ming.
- 138. You obey...
Or you sacrifice your daughter.
- 139. Hail Ming.
- 140. Now the tributes from Ardentia.
- 141. Your Majesty,
we, the people of Ardentia. -
- 142. - Have suffered
since you blasted our kingdom.
- 143. I can offer you nothing
except my loyalty.
- 144. Prince Thun,
we prize nothing more highly.
- 145. - And how great is this loyalty?
- Without measure.
- 146. We are delighted to hear it.
Fall on your sword.
- 147. Show us this loyalty.
Throw yourself onto your sword.
- 148. May this deed of Prince Thun be an
example to all the kingdoms of Mongo.
- 149. Death to Ming!
- 150. - This Ming's a psycho.
- This Ming is a psycho.
- 151. - Who said that?
- The fair-haired prisoner.
- 152. Come along, Fellini.
- 153. Remember me?
- 154. - Who are you?
- Flash Gordon. Quarterback.
- 155. Dale Arden, Your Highness.
Live and let live, that's my motto.
- 156. I'm Hans Zarkov. I kidnapped them
in an effort to save our planet Earth.
- 157. An obscure body, which has given you
so much amusement recently.
- 158. We're only interested in friendship.
Why do you attack us?
- 159. Why not?
- 160. Pathetic earthlings.
Hurling your bodies into the void. -
- 161. - Without an inkling of
who or what is out here.
- 162. If you knew anything about
the Universe, you'd hide from it.
- 163. Come closer.
- 164. - You. Let us see you.
- 165. - Dale!
- 166. - Did you ever see such response?
- No. Truly.
- 167. She even rivals your daughter.
- 168. - What happened?
- Don't know, but it was sensational.
- 169. Remove the Earth woman.
- 170. Prepare her for our pleasure.
- 171. Forget it, Ming. Dale's with me.
- 172. - Stay back!
- Don't, Flash, they'll kill you.
- 173. I'll go with them, just...
- 174. Klytus!
- 175. Are your men on the right pills?
- 176. Maybe you should execute
- 177. Come here!
- 178. You fools. He's playing some
barbaric game. Match him, like this.
- 179. - Forty one! Forty two!
- Go, Flash, go.
- 180. Go, Flash, go!
- 181. Don't kill him yet, Father.
- 182. I want him.
Give him to me.
- 183. What would Prince Barin say?
- 184. I can handle Barin.
- 185. Really, Aura. Your appetites
are too dangerous. I refuse.
- 186. Guards! Deliver the scientist
to General Klytus for conditioning.
- 187. This one has defied us
before our subjects.
- 188. We order him disposed of tonight
by public execution.
- 189. This is a public announcement.
Flash Gordon is to be executed -
- 190. - at 29.15 Mingo mean time.
- 191. Fly back to your kingdom.
You may see me sooner than you think.
- 192. - Lying bitch.
- I'll come.
- 193. If you rocket there right away.
I've a surprise for you.
- 194. - Don't you love me?
- I don't trust you.
- 195. Just be there.
- 196. I demand to see the Governor.
- 197. I can hardly breathe in this thing.
- 198. Yes, you don't look well. And I'm told
you refused your final meal.
- 199. - The chef will be upset.
- Tell him to go to hell!
- 200. Gas works more quickly
on an empty stomach. Any requests?
- 201. - Let me see Dale right away.
- Oh, dear. How pathetic.
- 202. Yes, I anticipated that.
- 203. Bring in the Emperor's concubine.
- 204. - Oh, my God!
- I said I want to see her!
- 205. You have until the sands run out.
- 206. Pathetic...
- 207. You look great.
No kidding, you look great.
- 208. It's the eye make-up. I hope
I remember the trick when I wake up.
- 209. That's exactly
what I was gonna tell you.
- 210. This isn't happening.
It's just a bad dream.
- 211. I agree completely.
- 212. We'll wake up any minute
in Dark Harbor and laugh about this.
- 213. Only, next time I'll walk over
and talk to you.
- 214. - Promise?
- Cross my heart and hope to...
- 215. - I really will talk to you, Dale.
- What if we're wrong?
- 216. - What if it isn't a dream?
- You'll find Zarkov, save the Earth.
- 217. He'll get you home in the capsule.
Don't think of me, think of...
- 218. Don't look at it.
- 219. It won't turn over...
It won't turn over.
- 220. Did you enjoy yourselves on Sybaria?
I hear you flew the Doctor there.
- 221. Klytus kindly fed me the information.
- 222. He wants me himself. His agents
are always making up lies about me.
- 223. Look!
Water is leaking from her eyes.
- 224. It's what they call tears,
a sign of their weakness.
- 225. This will help you on your way.
- 226. Flash!
- 227. Hurry.
- 228. You know what happens
if I'm found out.
- 229. I'm a fool for you, Aura.
- 230. There we are. Sybaria again,
same place, next weekend?
- 231. I can hardly wait.
- 232. - Where am I?
- Back from the dead. I saved you.
- 233. - How?
- By magic, of course.
- 234. - With a kiss, because I like you.
- Where's Dale and Zarkov?
- 235. They're safe. Put this uniform on
before the Lizard Men come.
- 236. Don't worry, I won't look.
- 237. I like you a lot.
- 238. - Where are you taking me?
- To the moon Arboria.
- 239. I've got to rescue my friends
and save Earth.
- 240. Pretty risky telling that
to the Emperor's daughter.
- 241. - What's in Arboria?
- People who'll help you.
- 242. - Prince Barin does anything I ask.
- That's Zarkov!
- 243. They're just conditioning him
to our climate. Keep out of sight.
- 244. Every thousand years I test
each life system in the universe.
- 245. I visit it with mysteries,
earthquakes, unpredicted eclipses.
- 246. Strange craters in the wilderness.
- 247. If these are taken as natural, I judge
that system ignorant and harmless.
- 248. I spare it. But if the hand of Ming
is recognized in these events -
- 249. - I judge that system dangerous.
I call upon the great god Dyzan.
- 250. And for his greater glory,
and our mutual pleasure...
- 251. I destroy it utterly.
- 252. So it's my fault
Earth is being destroyed?
- 253. Precisely, Doctor.
- 254. I thought it might amuse you to
know this, before your mind is gone.
- 255. Proceed with it.
- 256. What are you doing to me?
- 257. We're just emptying your mind.
- 258. We are going to empty your memory
as we might empty your pockets...
- 259. - Doctor...
- No, don't. Please. I beg you.
- 260. My mind is all I have. I've spent
my whole life trying to fill it.
- 261. Begin.
- 262. Now he showed promise.
- 263. Papa!
- 264. - Hold it there.
- Reprogram now?
- 265. Yes.
- 266. But don't fill him with anything above
level three. His mind can't take it.
- 267. I understand. Level three only.
- 268. I have to attend to something.
- 269. - Can you manage without me?
- I'll try.
- 270. I'll return.
- 271. Begin to reprogram.
- 272. Continue to level six.
I gave you an order.
- 273. Program the subject to level six.
- 274. Try again.
- 275. Your left hand controls direction,
right does the altitude.
- 276. And use your fingers too this time.
- 277. Gently, darling,
it's extremely sensitive...
- 278. - Like me.
- What's that?
- 279. The planet Aquaria.
- 280. Now take a left over Frigia,
the next moon rising.
- 281. Every moon of Mongo is a kingdom.
My father keeps them fighting.
- 282. It's a really brilliant strategy.
- 283. - Why don't they team up against him?
- Team up? What does that mean?
- 284. - Maybe I'll show you sometime.
- 285. You can do it
when I take you to Cythera.
- 286. It's my secret pleasure moon.
I have a little palace there.
- 287. - Just for two.
- 288. - Wait a minute.
- Oh, Flash, I saved your life.
- 289. Drink this.
It has no name.
- 290. Many brave men died to bring it here
from the Galaxy of Pleasure.
- 291. It will make your nights with Ming
- 292. - Will it make me forget?
- 293. But it will make you not mind
- 294. This isn't bad at all.
- 295. It's a thought amplifier. I'm going to
think to Barin to expect us.
- 296. - You're kidding. Think to him?
- Of course.
- 297. - Don't you have telepathy on Earth?
- Could I call Dale on this?
- 298. - If I showed you how. But I won't.
- Please, show me.
- 299. You'll have to persuade me
much better than that.
- 300. What are you doing? Are you mad?
Let go, we're diving into Frigia.
- 301. - Pull up.
- Just tune me in to Dale.
- 302. Dale, it's me, Flash.
Are you getting me?
- 303. Oh, my head.
If it only was you.
- 304. - She's not getting me.
- Use your brain.
- 305. I'm with you, Dale. Just concentrate hard.
- 306. Can this be real?
I saw you executed.
- 307. - I was saved.
- Thank God. Where are you?
- 308. In a rocket to Arboria, to get help.
Are you okay?
- 309. - I'm locked in Ming's bedroom.
- Fake him out. Girls know how.
- 310. It's been done to me.
"Fake him out till I get back."
- 311. It's too dangerous for you here.
Stay where you're safe.
- 312. - This girl really turns me on...
- I didn't quite get that.
- 313. - It wasn't about you.
- 314. I've got to go, someone's coming.
Got to stop thinking to each other.
- 315. His Imperial Highness
will be here very soon.
- 316. - Shall I pour?
- 317. - Wouldn't you like a sip?
- No, it's forbidden for us slaves.
- 318. It's quality stuff, have some.
- 319. We're all girls here, I won't tell.
Just one sip.
- 320. Live a little.
- 321. Bottoms up.
- 322. - What is your name?
- Hans Zarkov.
- 323. Agent Zarkov! Number 2133 of the
Anti-Insurgent Espionage Group.
- 324. Hail Ming.
- 325. Good.
- 326. - It's not usually so bad.
- How far to the landing pad?
- 327. Six point four. I'll drop the flaps.
- 328. You?
- 329. Over here.
- 330. Hey buddy!
- 331. I've got her.
Sector 409 beta.
- 332. Activate Agent Zarkov.
- 333. Dr. Zarkov.
You're a sight for sore eyes.
- 334. - Rest a minute.
- I can't.
- 335. We've got to join up with Flash.
- 336. I talked to him by telepathy.
He went to Arboria to get help.
- 337. - Incredible.
- There's soldiers everywhere.
- 338. - Let me think a moment.
- Unseal the city.
- 339. - Allow her to exit with Zarkov.
- I think I can find a way out.
- 340. No questions, just follow me.
- 341. Dale Arden is under the guidance
of Agent Zarkov.
- 342. - But Flash Gordon is still alive.
- He was revived by a traitor.
- 343. And spirited from the city.
We know this from the Earth girl.
- 344. - What traitor?
- I have my suspicions.
- 345. - Stop at nothing.
- No matter to whom the trail leads?
- 346. I said at nothing.
- 347. - What's that?
- Their sacred temple.
- 348. A young man is being initiated.
But we must hide till it's done.
- 349. I love initiations.
- 350. I am now of age, Green Father.
I ask for the test of manhood.
- 351. Choose your passage,
into this world, or the next.
- 352. May Arbor guide you.
- 353. Send me on my way.
- 354. - Spare me the madness.
- I will. Hold him.
- 355. - This guy is going to help me?
- 356. That was extremely moving.
I do sometimes keep a promise.
- 357. - Prepare a feast.
- No, I have to get back right away.
- 358. - Then why did you come?
- I brought you a present. Flash?
- 359. Welcome back from the grave.
- 360. I knew you were up to something,
but not necrophilia.
- 361. Just keep him for me until my father
has had his way with Dale Arden.
- 362. I'll keep him all right! In my larder.
Take him, with the rest of the meat.
- 363. I forbid it. If you kill Flash,
you'll never have me again.
- 364. What danger is there?
Everyone thinks he's dead.
- 365. - I'll take him to Cythera next week.
- Harboring a fugitive is treason.
- 366. You're not frightened of Ming.
- 367. - You are playing with fire, Aura.
- Of course I am.
- 368. Does anyone ever trust her twice?
- 369. So they let us escape because Klytus
thought he erased your memory.
- 370. Do you know why it failed? I started
to recite Shakespeare, the Talmud. -
- 371. - Einstein, anything I could remember,
even The Beatles. It armored me.
- 372. They couldn't wipe those things away.
You can't beat the human spirit.
- 373. Prince Barin! I'm not your enemy,
Ming is. And you know it.
- 374. Ming is the enemy of every creature
on Mongo. Let's team up and fight him.
- 375. Lower them into the swamp.
- 376. We can do it, Barin!
- 377. Your lover Barin is harboring
Gordon, is he not?
- 378. This lying is such a waste of time.
- 379. You left with a pilot and returned
alone. Wasn't he Gordon?
- 380. Who do you think you're protecting?
The Imperial Surgeon?
- 381. - Another lover of yours!
- Your jealousy has made you mad.
- 382. Seize the surgeon
on suspicion of treason.
- 383. - Prepare him for torture!
- Confess and we won't hurt you.
- 384. - We don't like doing this at all.
- 385. Bring me the bore worms.
- 386. No! Not the bore worms.
- 387. I'm a princess. My father
will have your head for this.
- 388. He'll execute your whole perverted
secret police. I demand to see him!
- 389. With pleasure.
- 390. - Father...
- The traitor is close to confession.
- 391. Should we stop the torture?
- 392. - No.
- Damn you, father!
- 393. - That damn woman's using me again.
- What do you expect?
- 394. - I don't know what you see in her.
- Keep playing, fool.
- 395. - Fico, I'm going to kill Gordon now.
- And lose the princess forever?
- 396. There must be a way to dispose of him
and keep faith with the princess.
- 397. - I'm sorry, Flash, I'm finished.
- No, you're not. Get up.
- 398. Look, someone's coming.
- 399. Send him over. Hurry up.
- 400. It's no good, Flash.
I can't hold on.
- 401. Go on, get in.
- 402. Sleep well, you traitor.
We hang you in the morning.
- 403. - There's always hope.
- This is better.
- 404. I stole the key.
We need weapons to cross the swamp.
- 405. They're stored in the temple.
Want to climb up with me?
- 406. Hold on, Hawkman.
- 407. Nice confession. I commend you.
- 408. - Execute her.
- No. Too kind.
- 409. Aura will be banished to Frigia
after my wedding.
- 410. One year in a cavern of ice
will cool her blood.
- 411. And then, who knows?
- 412. Perhaps we'll marry her to someone
worthy of her treacherous nature.
- 413. - How can I express my gratitude?
- Easily. Get me Gordon and Barin.
- 414. With pleasure.
- 415. Hans, look!
- 416. - Hey Vultan!
- Not now.
- 417. You'll love this.
See what Brave Blue has caught.
- 418. Prince Vultan. Remember us?
- 419. Indeed I do, my lovely.
- 420. Call the Emperor.
Tell him I have prisoners.
- 421. - You wouldn't!
- Are you mad, Vultan?
- 422. You hate Ming. You're only waiting
for the moment to attack.
- 423. Yes, and Ming knows it, too.
- 424. By delivering you,
I allay his suspicions.
- 425. - I gain time.
- Our weapons are inferior.
- 426. Ming's not unbeatable.
He couldn't even kill Flash.
- 427. - Gordon's alive?
- In Arboria with Prince Barin.
- 428. I tell you, now is the time to strike.
- 429. - Where are the weapons?
- Feel one.
- 430. - Do you know where you are?
- Up the creek.
- 431. You've trespassed.
- 432. A stranger in this temple
must try the Wood Beast, or die...
- 433. That figures.
- 434. You came here of your own free will.
- 435. - Because of my word to Aura,
I swear by Arbor I'll not kill you...
- 436. Unless you beg me to.
- 437. The Beast lies somewhere
in the stump. Choose a passage.
- 438. No way.
- 439. - Coward.
- Let's do it.
- 440. Must be my lucky day.
- 441. You scared?
- 442. What would Aura think of you now?
- 443. Second down.
- 444. Your play.
- 445. No, yours.
- 446. - Are you sure these are the rules?
- They've just been changed.
- 447. Death is certain,
but only after tortured madness.
- 448. - How long?
- It depends on your strength.
- 449. Please, end it now.
- 450. Tricked you, Barin.
- 451. One move and you're looking
for a new prince.
- 452. Leave him! He's mine.
I hunt him alone.
- 453. What the hell is going on?
- 454. This is one grave
you won't be returning from.
- 455. Vultan wants a word.
- 456. Excuse me for waking you. We scanned
a Hawkman patrol 400 Mongo miles east.
- 457. They have Gordon and Prince Barin.
- 458. - When do we reach Vultan's kingdom?
- Estimating sixteen.
- 459. Wake me when it's in sight.
- 460. - You'd sell us to Ming?
- Come on, Barin.
- 461. Do you expect mercy here? What
would you do if I were your captive?
- 462. Remind you of
Article 17 of Ming's Law:
- 463. "No prince of Mongo
shall be offered for ransom -
- 464. - without trial by combat."
- 465. Is there such an article?
What a damned nuisance.
- 466. - And... who do you choose to fight?
- 467. This is a lunatic asylum.
- 468. - Where are we being taken now?
- Ssh, I'm calculating.
- 469. Time remaining before the moon crashes
on Earth. I'd say, roughly...
- 470. Fourteen hours, nine minutes
and twenty seconds.
- 471. And we haven't even found...
- 472. Last time I saw you
I prayed it was a dream.
- 473. This time I pray it's not.
Are you okay? Me too.
- 474. - I've got some crazy stories to tell.
- Save them for our kids.
- 475. - Enough!
- Leave us alone! I just got engaged.
- 476. Let the combat begin! To the death.
- 477. Give me the remote control.
- 478. Come on!
- 479. He's tilting it.
- 480. Watch out!
- 481. - Present from Vultan.
- Brute! Give me that.
- 482. - Bastard!
- 483. Come on, finish him.
- 484. Flash! I love you.
- 485. But we only have 14 hours
to save the Earth.
- 486. How's that feel, Arborian?
- 487. If you kill me, promise to team up
with Vultan and fight Ming.
- 488. Goodbye, Barin.
- 489. - Take my hand.
- You've won, let him go.
- 490. That's it, Prince.
- 491. - What is this?
- 492. Where you go, I follow.
- 493. Listen to me!
- 494. There is something finer
in this galaxy than Ming's law.
- 495. Rubbish!
- 496. Hawkmen, to your posts!
- 497. Agent Zarkov,
you will be liquidated for treachery.
- 498. Vultan!
Surrender the fugitives at once. -
- 499. - Or the Imperial Fleet will blast
your kingdom to atoms.
- 500. - Step forward, Barin.
- "Prince" Barin.
- 501. Princess Aura has implicated you
on a charge of high treason.
- 502. - A prison ship will take you away.
- You tortured Aura.
- 503. Interesting girl. I think
she found it rather enjoyable.
- 504. Klytus.
- 505. The first step forward.
- 506. Into the air, Hawkpeople.
Fly for your lives!
- 507. You damned hothead, you brought down
destruction on my kingdom.
- 508. He showed us the way.
Fight with us.
- 509. - Against the Imperial Fleet?
- They won't expect resistance.
- 510. - We'll take them by surprise.
- We can do it.
- 511. You're all mad! My duty is
to protect my people. Evacuate!
- 512. - Then take us with you.
- Impossible, we can't carry more.
- 513. - You're leaving us to die?
- You know Ming's law.
- 514. Outside his own kingdom,
the hunter becomes the hunted.
- 515. - Traitor!
- Save your breath. Fly!
- 516. Help me pull these down.
- 517. We'll make parachutes
and jump to Arboria.
- 518. We'll kill ourselves.
- 519. A body reaches maximum velocity
within a few hundred feet.
- 520. - We'll need some rope.
- My God, what is that?
- 521. It's Ming.
We must stop him.
- 522. - Blast them?
- Not yet. Send down a shuttle.
- 523. - Bring back Barin, Zarkov and Dale.
- And Gordon?
- 524. Leave him there.
Prepare my Imperial Lander.
- 525. Why aren't I going with them?
- 526. - I've got other plans for you.
- I can imagine.
- 527. - You want to destroy me.
- It's the only way to save Earth.
- 528. - What if I granted you a kingdom?
- If you what?
- 529. Ming the Merciless,
ruler of the universe. -
- 530. - Offers Flash Gordon a kingdom
of Mongo, to rule over as his own.
- 531. You're crazy. Why would you do that?
- 532. Because I've never met your like.
You're a hero, don't you see that?
- 533. Who better to rule a kingdom?
Your moon is very close now.
- 534. - Earth's end might come within hours.
- You'd call off the attack?
- 535. - I could.
- Everyone would be saved?
- 536. Yes, and no.
- 537. After the earthquakes and tidal waves,
they won't be the same human beings.
- 538. They'll be more tractable. Easier
for you to rule, in the name of Ming.
- 539. - You mean slaves?
- Let's say 'satisfied with less'.
- 540. - What about Dale?
- We have decided to marry her.
- 541. She's exceptional.
We'll breed with her -
- 542. - And send our progeny back
to populate your Earth.
- 543. Do you really prefer death
to a kingdom? I'm disappointed.
- 544. I'd rather see you on my side
than scattered into...
- 545. Atoms.
- 546. But as you wish.
- 547. We'll return to the Imperial Rocket.
Leave the Earthling here to his doom.
- 548. - Beam another blast.
- You murderer.
- 549. Flash. I loved you.
- 550. - They were brave creatures.
- Shut up!
- 551. With respect, the man who rid us
of Klytus should not be deserted.
- 552. So... maybe I'd do it different
if I had it over again.
- 553. - Then fight.
- I can't help a man who's dead!
- 554. Flash Gordon to Vultan.
- 555. This is Vultan. I read you.
Where are you?
- 556. - Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
- Flying blind on a rocket cycle?
- 557. We're in Arboria.
I'll send you a homing beam.
- 558. For what it's worth,
Ming's got Dale, Zarkov and Barin.
- 559. - I see. My thanks to you.
- What for?
- 560. Well... for giving a dumb old bird
a second chance.
- 561. Over to homing beam.
- 562. Don't touch me!
- 563. - You!
- Stop! I'm a prisoner too.
- 564. Damned Mongo person! You couldn't
tell the truth to save your life.
- 565. - Stop! I'm going to be exiled.
- 566. Liar.
- 567. - Is this another trick, Aura?
- Is this a trick?
- 568. Could I cry
if my heart hadn't changed?
- 569. I've been such a spoiled fool.
I never knew what my father was...
- 570. Until he let Klytus use bore worms.
- 571. I believe you.
But I don't trust you.
- 572. You're of Ming's blood. You'll cosy up
with him again in the morning.
- 573. Not if you give him this.
It's deadly poison.
- 574. He always drinks a power potion
before making love.
- 575. - Drop this into his glass tonight.
- I can't. I gave him my word.
- 576. - What word?
- To be a good wife...
- 577. If he'd spare Zarkov and Barin.
He vowed he would.
- 578. My father has never kept a vow.
- 579. Keeping our word is one of the things
that make us better than you.
- 580. A guard will take you to the waiting
room. Your Joyous Time has come.
- 581. You are to be prepared
for your wedding.
- 582. I'm lost. Nothing can save me now.
- 583. Flash Gordon approaching.
- 584. What do you mean,
'Flash Gordon approaching'?
- 585. On a rocket cycle.
Shall I inform His Majesty?
- 586. The Emperor would shoot you
for interrupting his wedding.
- 587. Fire when Gordon's in range.
- 588. He's escaping, idiot!
Dispatch War Rocket Ajax.
- 589. Charge the boosters.
- 590. - Flash Gordon in range, Captain.
- 591. - Shall we go in after him?
- No. Reduce velocity.
- 592. Our trap worked.
They'll follow me for sure.
- 593. Stand by, my Hawkmen!
- 594. - He's not coming out, sir.
- Prepare to electrify cloud.
- 595. Prepare sky nets to catch
Gordon's body. Fire capacitators.
- 596. - They're trying to flush you out.
- Let's go in.
- 597. Good. They're coming through.
- 598. Squadron 40... Dive!
- 599. Arm topside!
- 600. Second wave. Dive!
- 601. Stop engines. Repel boarders.
- 602. - Biro's hit. I'm going in after him.
- Impetuous boy.
- 603. Oh well, who wants to live forever?
- 604. Dive!
- 605. Biro, hold on, I'm coming.
- 606. - You all right?
- They winged me. Detonate the mine.
- 607. Blow it, Flash!
- 608. Let's get out of here.
- 609. Well done, Flash. Here.
Up there, Luro!
- 610. Come on.
- 611. Full velocity, all drives.
- 612. Attention, all citizens.
- 613. Behold the face
of your Empress to be.
- 614. While you await the ceremony,
all channels will display -
- 615. - the execution of the traitors,
Barin and Zarkov.
- 616. Pick that up, would you?
- 617. Tell me more about this Houdini.
- 618. This is it.
At least it'll be over quickly.
- 619. Scanner malfunction,
area 7-7 delta, under repair.
- 620. - They've changed the code.
- I've changed too, Aura.
- 621. - I think I can work it out.
- Will you marry me?
- 622. We'll try.
Not now, Barin!
- 623. If I'm not at the wedding,
I'll be shot.
- 624. I thought it was the Zeitman series!
I haven't changed.
- 625. Everybody take off! Form a battle
stream behind the rocket.
- 626. Flash and me bail out
when the shooting starts.
- 627. - And keep your head down.
- See you in Mingo City.
- 628. Yes... with luck.
What are you setting there?
- 629. That's the time left for the Earth.
In minutes and seconds.
- 630. - Level with me. Will this do it?
- Yes, no doubt.
- 631. There's a lightning field at the
entrance. When this baby hits it...
- 632. It will blow that field dead.
My Hawkmen fly right in.
- 633. Let's see what Mingo City's saying.
- 634. Oh, my God.
- 635. - Rocket Ajax returning.
- With Gordon's body?
- 636. I presume so. Communications are off.
- 637. - Are they in the proper approach?
- 638. - Open fire!
- On Ajax?
- 639. All weapons, now!
Charge the lightning field.
- 640. I take responsibility,
in the Emperor's name.
- 641. Attention, all wedding guests.
There is no cause for alarm.
- 642. The weapons are being fired
in continuous salute. -
- 643. - In honor of His Majesty's wedding.
- 644. Come on, Flash.
It's time to bail out.
- 645. Sorry, I'm not coming.
The rocket cycle's gone.
- 646. - I'll carry you.
- Bail out, Vultan.
- 647. - Are you crazy?
- The fire's too heavy.
- 648. We'll never make it
with nobody at the wheel.
- 649. - It's suicide, Flash!
- No. A rational transaction.
- 650. - One life for billions.
- You'll be destroyed!
- 651. Looney bird!
Get out of here, they need you.
- 652. - Goodbye, Flash, it's been...
- I know. For me too, Vultan.
- 653. Tell Dale I know
it would've been good.
- 654. You must come from
one hell of a planet.
- 655. Not too bad.
- 656. Onward, my brave Hawkmen.
- 657. Let this be known forever
as Flash Gordon's Day!
- 658. - Freeze, you bloody bastards!
- Take us to Ming.
- 659. We do not lead traitors
to the Emperor.
- 660. We'll find a way.
Grab an imager off an agent.
- 661. Zarkov!
- 662. - Thank you.
- Ajax still approaching.
- 663. Identified Earthling Gordon
at the controls.
- 664. We guarantee its destruction in
the lightning field. General Kala?
- 665. Please show yourself.
- 666. - Let's go.
- We must deactivate the field.
- 667. - Where are the atomic generators?
- There's no time.
- 668. I'm heading for Sector Alpha 9.
Hold the fort.
- 669. There must be a way of
deactivating the lightning field.
- 670. Do you, Ming the Merciless,
ruler of the universe. -
- 671. - Take this Earthling, Dale Arden,
to be your Empress of the hour?
- 672. - Of the hour, yes.
- Do you promise to use her?
- 673. Not to blast her into space...
until you grow weary of her?
- 674. - I do.
- I do not!
- 675. Recite after me, Your Majesty.
With this ring...
- 676. Matsuna! Ring! Ring!
- 677. Recite after me, Your Majesty.
With this ring I thee wed.
- 678. Dale, what a damn shame.
- 679. Freeze!
Deactivate the lightning field.
- 680. - Gordon!
- 681. The game's lost. Stop your attack
on Earth, and I'll spare your life.
- 682. You pitiful fool.
- 683. My life is not
for any Earthling to give. -
- 684. - Or take.
- 685. Your power's fading, Ming.
- 686. The reactors are destroyed.
Glad you made it, Vultan.
- 687. Better late than never.
- 688. - Dale.
- Look out, Flash.
- 689. Don't move. Stay where you are.
- 690. Long live Flash. You've saved
your Earth. Have a nice day.
- 691. Barin is the rightful heir.
- 692. Hail Barin, King of Mongo.
- 693. We owe everything to Flash.
- 694. We appoint Vultan
General of our armies.
- 695. From this day on, let every breed
of Mongo live together in peace.
- 696. - Will we ever get out of here, Hans?
- I don't know.
- 697. - But we'll try.
- We certainly invite you all to stay.
- 698. - What do you think?
- I'm a New York City girl.
- 699. It's a little too quiet around here