- 1. Distributed by
OFFICE KITANO and NIPPON HERALD
- 2. and OFFICE KITANO present
- 3. TAKESHI KITANO - VOLUME 7
- 4. Produced by MASAYUKI MORI
- 5. Starring
BEAT TAKESHI and KAYOKO KISHIMOTO
- 6. Music by
- 7. Written, Directed and Edited by
- 8. "DROP DEAD"
- 9. Detective Horibe, were you and Nishi
classmates in junior high?
- 10. In senior high, too.
- 11. And your wives are friends, too?
- 12. That's right. Do you remember where, Nishi?
- 13. At an amusement park.
- 14. We met them there, didn't we?
- 15. Nishi got the pretty one
- 16. and I got the dog.
- 17. What are you laughing at?
- 18. Hey. Stop the car.
- 19. Go get some bean cakes.
- 20. Yes, sir.
- 21. How is your wife?
- 22. It's been two years, hasn't it?
- 23. My wife is healthy as hell, but...
- 24. Must be tough.
- 25. Been to the hospital lately?
- 26. The stakeout is near the hospital,
so go see her today.
- 27. No.
- 28. Come on. It won't affect our work.
- 29. How much?
- 30. 1,200 yen.
- 31. For only the bean cakes?
- 32. Yes, just the bean cakes.
- 33. Idiot! Theres too much...
- 34. for just the three of us?
- 35. You pay for it.
- 36. But...
- 37. These are the wrong ones.
- 38. I wanted some with chestnuts.
- 39. You mean the steamed ones?
- 40. As long as there not from the hot springs.
- 41. It's ridiculous. I might have to go
to an amusement park without any sleep.
- 42. I must have spoiled my daughter.
- 43. Dammit! Don't you know how to park?
- 44. Nishi, I'll go check.
- 45. Don't play catch here, you idiots!
- 46. Sorry.
- 47. How is it?
- 48. No way he'd come here.
- 49. After that incident,
he won't return to his flat.
- 50. What was the chief thinking?
- 51. You could be right.
- 52. Is that how you dress for a stakeout?
- 53. It's not appropriate.
- 54. You're not on a date.
- 55. Nishi's going to see his wife at hospital,
so can you stay on?
- 56. I have a date tonight.
- 57. What the hell.
- 58. How is Nishi's wife?
- 59. Not too good, I hear.
- 60. Is it cancer?
- 61. Watch what you say.
- 62. Their daughter... it was tragic.
- 63. She was only four or five, wasn't she?
- 64. The child's death was a greater shock.
- 65. I visited his wife a while ago.
- 66. She didn't speak a word.
- 67. I'm grateful my wife's healthy.
- 68. Must be harder on Nishi.
- 69. His daughter dies, his wife gets sick...
- 70. And he's a goddamn cop.
- 71. So busy he can't even visit her.
- 72. Well, I'll stay on.
- 73. Never mind, Tanaka. You're a family man.
- 74. Come on. Stay on for three hours.
- 75. No, I can't.
- 76. All right. I'll stay. You can go.
- 77. Can I get a lift?
- 78. Is your wife all right?
- 79. I'll visit her next time.
- 80. Hello. It's me.
- 81. I can't come home tonight.
- 82. I know that.
- 83. What can I do? It's work.
- 84. Let me talk to Michi.
- 85. Michi, it's Daddy.
- 86. I'm at work now.
- 87. Amusement park? Next time.
- 88. What? You drew a picture?
Where did you draw it?
- 89. You shouldn't do such a thing.
- 90. Yes, it's very pretty.
- 91. Drive me to Shibuya.
- 92. I can't.
- 93. My date's waiting in Shibuya.
- 94. No. I have to wait for him.
- 95. In that case, I'll go by cab.
- 96. Is Nishi's wife really dying?
- 97. Dammit. Don't say that.
It's bad luck.
- 98. Isn't it leukemia or something?
- 99. Why don't you shut up?
- 100. Excuse me.
- 101. The doctor wants to speak to you.
- 102. Even modern medicine
can't work miracles.
- 103. Only so much we can do.
- 104. I think
- 105. it would be better to take her home.
- 106. The child's death
was a real blow to her.
- 107. It's better to rest at home
than remain in the hospital.
- 108. Excuse me. Would you please call
- 109. Wait a moment.
- 110. Mr. Nishi, a visitor for you.
- 111. Detective Horibe's been shot.
- 112. Even when you're married
- 113. people only think about themselves.
- 114. When I came home
- 115. my wife and kid refused to look at me.
- 116. The lights weren't even on.
- 117. They just said good-bye.
- 118. Now that I'm a mess
- 119. they left me. Just like that.
- 120. In a way, I might be
better off without them...
- 121. But I've got nothing to do.
- 122. My mom tells me I should
take up a hobby or something.
- 123. She suggested joining a haiku club.
- 124. Is she out of her mind?
- 125. Work is all I've known
since I was young.
- 126. But since I'm living by the seaside
- 127. I should maybe take up painting.
- 128. I've never drawn anything.
- 129. I don't know where to start.
- 130. And the materials don't come cheap.
- 131. Don't get me wrong, it's not your fault Nishi.
- 132. Maybe I'll buy a beret.
- 133. It will be all right.
- 134. Your too kind.
- 135. After all, my husband
died in the line of duty.
- 136. Because of the recession,
good jobs are hard to come by
- 137. but I'm helping out at a deli and...
- 138. The problem is...
- 139. My son sometimes tells me
he misses his father. It's so sad...
- 140. But, I'm sure he'll soon understand.
- 141. We'll be okay.
- 142. It's time. I have to go back to work.
- 143. I've decided
- 144. to finally get married.
- 145. With whom?
- 146. I really wasn't serious about her, but
- 147. when I was injured,
she visited me every day.
- 148. I was touched by that.
- 149. Please take it.
- 150. Excuse me.
- 151. Hello.
- 152. Kudo speaking.
- 153. The other day,
- 154. I went to see Mr. Horibe.
- 155. He seemed so lonely.
- 156. They were such a close-knit family,
but his wife and child left him.
- 157. You really shouldn't
feel guilty about it.
- 158. Tanaka's death wasn't your fault.
He died in the line of duty, too.
- 159. It was nobody's fault.
- 160. Welcome. This way, please.
- 161. Shut up.
- 162. Your order, sir?
- 163. Nothing, you bastard.
- 164. Hey, Nishi.
- 165. The boss is really pissed.
You haven't paid interest for this month.
- 166. Best that you pay up on time.
- 167. You know how we yakuza are?
- 168. After all, you were a cop.
- 169. Without the badge, he's just an ordinary guy.
- 170. He's less than that. He's a bum.
- 171. How is your wife?
- 172. These are the usual pills.
- 173. They won't do her much good.
- 174. Don't think about it too much.
- 175. When you're with her,
try talking to her.
- 176. If you like, why don't you
take her on a trip?
- 177. If anything happens, call me.
- 178. This shirt might be too big for you.
- 179. Still, you can have it.
- 180. Please try to be more careful.
- 181. Hello...
- 182. It's Horibe...
- 183. He attempted suicide.
- 184. Luckily the landlord found him.
- 185. I think he'll make it...
- 186. but he took a lot of sleeping pills.
- 187. Are his wife and daughter there?
- 188. Seems to be sleeping now.
- 189. He should be okay in a couple of days.
- 190. Shall we leave?
- 191. I'm getting off here.
- 192. I'll take you home.
- 193. It's okay. I'm getting off.
- 194. Stop the car.
- 195. What kind of detective was Mr. Nishi?
- 196. He was a great cop.
- 197. Decorated many times.
- 198. He and Mr. Horibe were a perfect team.
- 199. Whenever Mr. Horibe got too rough
- 200. Mr. Nishi would stop him.
- 201. You haven't paid your previous debts
and yet you want another 4 million?
- 202. Then there's the interest on top.
Why loan you more money?
- 203. You poked one of my guy's eye out.
Who's going to pay the medical fees?
- 204. Is that a loan, too?
- 205. I've got a great idea.
If he can't pay back, he can work for us.
- 206. What do you have in mind?
- 207. My bodyguard or whatever.
- 208. That'll be great.
- 209. We can show him how to
kill a cop.
- 210. But when Mr. Nishi hit the roof,
he was more frightening.
- 211. Like that case...
- 212. When he emptied his gun into a dead man.
- 213. Hey.
- 214. Hi.
- 215. How are you?
- 216. We're doing all right.
- 217. Watch where you're going, asshole.
- 218. Your fault. I had right of way.
- 219. On narrow roads, big cars should yield!
- 220. Are you kidding?
- 221. What?
- 222. Driving such a tiny car.
- 223. What's it to you?
- 224. Fix it yourself.
- 225. Mind your own business.
- 226. Really want me to do that?
- 227. What the hell...
- 228. I'll mind my own business.
- 229. I'm sorry. Forgive me.
- 230. You asshole.
- 231. Where is he?
- 232. In a coffee shop.
- 233. He's armed, and we can't get near.
There're too many people around.
- 234. How's Horibe?
- 235. At the hospital. Don't know yet.
- 236. He was shot in the belly.
- 237. Look.
- 238. Hey.
- 239. What are you doing?
- 240. Can you sell me that light?
- 241. You mean the police car light?
- 242. What do you want it for?
- 243. I'm thinking of robbing a bank.
- 244. Sounds great.
- 245. Take it. Go ahead. You can have it.
- 246. Good luck.
- 247. Do some work, you glue-sniffing bum.
- 248. You want 500,000 for this?
- 249. No, not this one.
- 250. The other one.
- 251. Where is it?
- 252. This one.
- 253. But it's a taxi cab!
- 254. It belongs to me.
- 255. How come?
- 256. Honest. It belongs to me.
- 257. Did you steal it?
- 258. No. It's mine.
- 259. How old are you?
- 260. Twenty.
- 261. Can't get a taxi license at twenty.
- 262. Want me to call the police?
- 263. Dented the bumper a bit,
but you can have it for 200,000.
- 264. I think this car has been stolen.
- 265. How about 50,000?
- 266. What happened at the bar?
- 267. As I said, they spilled soy on my jacket.
- 268. The waiter said he was sorry and gave...
- 269. 100,000 yen for getting sauce
on the suit?
- 270. I was wearing an Armani suit and...
- 271. Armani? You must be kidding.
- 272. No, it's genuine Armani.
- 273. And?
- 274. And I needed some money for a taxi fare and...
- 275. Taxi fare?
- 276. 100,000 yen for a taxi fare. To where?
- 277. Oita, on the southern isle.
- 278. That's a pile of shit, asshole.
- 279. What kind of fool do you take me for?
- 280. He offered it to me.
- 281. It's called extortion.
- 282. It wasn't extortion.
- 283. Don't play games with us.
- 284. I'll throw this in as a bonus.
- 285. Can I help you?
- 286. Are you thinking of a gift?
- 287. "METROPOLITAN POLICE AGENCY"
- 288. You're nothing but a yakuza loan shark.
- 289. An expert at dirty tricks.
- 290. You borrow money,
and call me a yakuza loan shark?
- 291. Well, aren't you?
And you expect me to pay on time?
- 292. Your interest rate is outrageous.
- 293. Come on. Give me some more time.
- 294. You've been saying that
for months, you bastard.
- 295. We run a business.
- 296. Well, I haven't got any money.
- 297. Wanna bullet in your head?
- 298. I dare you, you two-bit punk.
- 299. Hey.
- 300. What'd you want, boy?
- 301. Good luck with the bank robbery.
- 302. Miss.
- 303. I found it there. How much?
- 304. You can have it. It's junk.
- 305. Junk, huh?
- 306. So all that is junk.
- 307. What are you doing?
- 308. Salvaging junk.
- 309. What'd you mean junk?
- 310. Isn't this junk?
- 311. It's merchandise, asshole.
- 312. Oh, no. You're the...
- 313. Bang.
- 314. Hey, police! My car's been hit.
- 315. Hey, wait. I said wait!
- 316. Stupid public servant.
- 317. I'm a hit-and-run victim.
- 318. Don't go.
- 319. Goddamn pig! Your a waste of public money!
- 320. Should've sold it for 200,000.
- 321. Make yourself useful.
- 322. 8 of Hearts.
- 323. 4 of Clubs.
- 324. 12 of Diamonds.
- 325. 10 of Hearts.
- 326. Ace of Diamonds.
- 327. Queen of Clubs.
- 328. Crunchy Chocolate.
- 329. Thank you.
- 330. Thanks for the delivery.
- 331. Why don't you keep it?
- 332. I'm sure he'll feel better that way.
- 333. Mr. Nishi was really worried about you.
- 334. Good-bye.
- 335. I can't believe it.
He paid back all his debt.
- 336. Did he rob a bank or something?
- 337. No, he wouldn't do that.
- 338. You're right. He's not you.
- 339. If I were to expand,
I'd go into the stock market.
- 340. Extort the stock market?
- 341. Shut up.
- 342. The boss is a legit businessman.
- 343. A businessman who packs a piece.
- 344. "HANDLE WITH CARE"
- 345. They're not home.
- 346. Did you ask the neighbors?
- 347. Go ask them, you fool.
- 348. More. More. A bit forward.
- 349. I said a bit more. More. More.
- 350. Dammit.
- 351. Look. What a large bell.
- 352. It makes a calming sound when you tap it.
- 353. You can't hit it now.
- 354. We will hear the sound in the evening.
- 355. Well, it's time to go home now.
- 356. Bye.
- 357. Lucky Charm
- 358. All this free time is tough.
- 359. I paint to keep my mind busy.
- 360. But I'm only an amateur.
- 361. Not easy to find inspiration.
- 362. Any news from Mr. Nishi?
- 363. No, not recently.
- 364. Sent me a whole batch
of art materials a while ago.
- 365. I feel so guilty.
- 366. With his wife sick,
he can't afford to do anything else.
- 367. To be honest, I don't think
his wife will last much longer.
- 368. But in a way, he's better off than me.
- 369. Why give them water?
- 370. Those flowers are dead.
- 371. Hey, it's no use
giving water to dead flowers.
- 372. Did you get ditched by a man,
and lose your mind?
- 373. I'll be right back.
- 374. The boss said your payment
didn't cover interest.
- 375. Hey.
- 376. Try and shoot me, punk.
- 377. Do it! Haven't got the guts to pull the trigger?
- 378. Open your mouth.
- 379. Show your face again and I'll kill you.
- 380. An Italian delicacy.
- 381. Step on it.
- 382. Move!
- 383. No, no, no. Go forward.
- 384. Why did you want to see
the snow so badly? It's freezing.
- 385. Can't be good for you.
- 386. The hand you ran over still hurts.
- 387. Do you really have to go?
- 388. Then do it around there.
- 389. Don't worry. I'll keep watch.
- 390. Just you?
- 391. How about a photo with your husband?
- 392. Ready?
- 393. Smile.
- 394. Here goes. Cheese.
- 395. A souvenir from the hotel.
- 396. Enjoy your stay.
- 397. "SNOW"
- 398. "LIGHT"
- 399. "SUICIDE"
- 400. Excuse me.
- 401. There's a guest waiting for you.
- 402. What do you want?
- 403. The boss is here.
- 404. Come with me.
- 405. Where are we going?
- 406. Just shut up and come.
- 407. You'll find out.
- 408. Sorry about your eye.
- 409. Why don't you let me keep
- 410. the money, while you're in prison.
- 411. You'll get it back with interest.
- 412. I said I'd kill you the next time.
- 413. "SUICIDE"
- 414. Kudo.
- 415. Shove it in, and close the door.
- 416. Yes, sir.
- 417. I saw the bodies of the yakuza.
- 418. Can you wait?
- 419. Just for a moment.
- 420. I could never live like that.
- 421. Thank you...
- 422. for everything.
- 423. BEAT TAKESHI as Nishi
- 424. KAYOKO KISHIMOTO as Nishi's wife
- 425. REN OSUGI as Horibe
SUSUMU TERAJIMA as Nakamura
- 426. TETSU WATANABE as the scrap yard owner
HAKURYU as the yakuza hitman
- 427. Produced by MASAYUKI MORI
YASUSHI TSUGE and TAKIO YOSHIDA
- 428. Music by
- 429. Paintings and Drawings by
- 430. Cinematographer
- 431. Lighting Director
- 432. Art Director
- 433. Written and Directed by