- 1. You are seven years old.
You are a man.
- 2. Bury your first toy
and your mother's picture.
- 3. The mole digs tunnels
under the earth,
- 4. Iooking for the sun.
- 5. Sometimes, he gets to the surface.
- 6. When he sees the sun, he is blinded.
- 7. Kill me! Kill me, please!
- 8. Who did this?
- 9. Kill me, please!
- 10. Who?
- 11. Who?
- 12. - It was the Colonel.
- How many were there?
- 13. Another five men.
- 14. Where?
- 15. At the Franciscan Mission.
- 16. The Colonel is not selfish.
- 17. He uses women once,
and then gives them to us.
- 18. The Colonel
said he'd kill whoever touched me.
- 19. Who asked for them?
- 20. Do not anticipate my wishes.
- 21. Forgive us!
- 22. They have no soul.
- 23. But sometimes they get bored,
so I hand them the leftovers.
- 24. Ask, dogs. Ask!
- 25. Stay put, dogs.
- 26. Kiss them on the mouth.
- 27. Go on,
- 28. kiss the other one.
- 29. Stay put, dogs!
- 30. These animals like to watch.
- 31. They want to look at your breasts.
- 32. Eat, dogs!
- 33. Who are you to judge me?
- 34. I am God!
- 35. No, not that! Anything, but that!
- 36. Lay him down on the ground.
- 37. Destroy me. Depend on no one.
- 38. Cry, boy, cry!
Cry so he'll have mercy.
- 39. It's bitter.
- 40. Moses found water in the desert.
- 41. But people couldn't drink it,
for it was bitter.
- 42. They called the water "Mara".
- 43. It's become sweet.
- 44. I'll call you Mara,
for you are like bitter water.
- 45. How are we to live here?
- 46. We'll die of thirst.
- 47. As a hind
longs for the running streams,
- 48. so do I long for thee, oh God.
- 49. With my soul,
I thirst for God, the living God.
- 50. Nothing.
- 51. Nothing.
- 52. Nothing, nothing, nothing.
- 53. - Do you love me?
- 54. I don't. So that I may love you,
you have to be the best.
- 55. Four great gun masters
live in this desert.
- 56. You've got to look for them,
and kill them.
- 57. The desert is a circle.
- 58. To find them,
we'd have to travel in a spiral.
- 59. I can't go on! Let's go back!
- 60. Whenever I start something,
I finish it.
- 61. We'll never find them.
- 62. If they are real masters,
they will give us a signal.
- 63. We have been walking
for days, months, years.
- 64. How can you have such faith?
- 65. They await us.
- 66. The signal!
- 67. You seek the light
in the middle of the day.
- 68. I know what you came for.
You'll have to wait to see him.
- 69. Just like that woman.
- 70. The master doesn't want to fight her.
- 71. The great master
wants to see you right now.
- 72. It's strange.
He's always kept them waiting.
- 73. After the dune, there's an oasis.
- 74. Your woman must wait there.
- 75. Let's go!
- 76. Give me your gun and hat.
- 77. I need no light. I am blind.
- 78. Count to three and try to grab it.
- 79. One, two, three...
- 80. How?
- 81. I try not to win, but to achieve
the perfect domain.
- 82. So as not to fear the bullets.
- 83. Shoot!
- 84. I bleed little now.
- 85. I offer no resistance to the bullets.
- 86. I let them pass
through the empty spots of my flesh.
- 87. Do you still want to fight me?
- 88. Yes.
- 89. I don't fear killing you
because there is no death.
- 90. I'll let you fire first.
- 91. - He's greater than I am.
- You'll win.
- 92. Even though I'd win, I'd lose.
- 93. I want a winner. Find out how.
- 94. Don't fight honestly.
- 95. Make up something. Cheat him.
There's always a way to win.
- 96. Find a way.
- 97. I told you so. I said you could win.
I am proud of you.
- 98. You have three more masters left.
- 99. I know where the second one lives.
- 100. If you let me come,
I could take you there.
- 101. It's here.
- 102. Wait.
- 103. We were waiting for you.
This is what the cards foretell.
- 104. You are falling. You keep falling.
- 105. The deeper you fall,
the higher you'll get.
- 106. Coward, murderer!
The Lord's will is unexplainable.
- 107. My son and I must respect you.
- 108. You may fight him.
- 109. Come closer.
- 110. The duel begins this moment.
- 111. You may shoot when you desire.
- 112. Dead.
- 113. Technically,
- 114. you're dead.
- 115. I now wish to speak to the dead one.
- 116. Follow me.
- 117. I began making copper objects.
- 118. And thus strengthened my fingers.
- 119. I now make delicate things.
- 120. I am so strong now that I can play
- 121. with this object, without breaking it.
- 122. Shoot!
- 123. A very delicate shot.
- 124. It destroys the precise.
- 125. You shoot to find yourself,
I do it in order to vanish.
- 126. Perfection is to get lost.
- 127. In order to get lost, you have to love.
- 128. You don't love. You destroy,
you kill, and no one loves you.
- 129. For when you think you are giving,
- 130. you are really taking away.
- 131. I have given myself to her.
- 132. I gave her all.
- 133. She's within me.
- 134. Her immense love fills me.
- 135. What I do and say,
- 136. is dictated and sanctified by her.
- 137. I hate anything that is mine,
- 138. for it turns me away
from her divine presence.
- 139. Two are better than one.
- 140. For if one fell,
the second would help him.
- 141. But pity the lonely one,
with no one to help him.
- 142. When I did it,
I didn't think it would be any good.
- 143. I only tried to do it the best I could.
- 144. Take your gun again.
- 145. My son wishes
to give you one last chance.
- 146. Don't get near him.
Why do you follow us? Get lost!
- 147. There was no need to draw your gun.
- 148. I do not distrust you.
- 149. You have a flute.
- 150. We'll know each other by music.
- 151. You loath yourself.
- 152. You don't wish
to play tricks anymore.
- 153. You now want to respect the law.
- 154. Some give flowers,
- 155. others give valuable things.
- 156. You bring me your own life.
- 157. You don't fear death anymore.
- 158. That's why you are a dangerous foe.
- 159. When you were seven yards
from the corral,
- 160. my rabbits began to die.
- 161. Almost all of them are dead.
- 162. Now that you are here,
not one of them will live.
- 163. I made it myself!
- 164. See its fineness!
- 165. I'll take just one shot.
- 166. That's all I need.
- 167. One bullet, always deadly.
- 168. Shoot.
- 169. Can you tell which one you shot?
- 170. This one is yours.
It's been hit in the head.
- 171. This one is mine.
It's been hit in the heart.
- 172. The heart, and the head.
- 173. Swap them.
- 174. It's time.
- 175. Too much perfection is a mistake.
- 176. You won!
- 177. Don't leave me! You will be the best.
- 178. I'll help you. There's only one left.
- 179. You want to fight me?
How will you do it?
- 180. I haven't got a gun anymore.
- 181. I traded the gun for a butterfly net.
- 182. You'll have to fight with your fists.
- 183. Strike! Strike! Strike!
- 184. You see, my net
is mightier than your bullets.
- 185. If you shoot again,
it will go back into your heart.
- 186. How could you win?
- 187. For I don't fight, I have nothing.
- 188. Even though you cheated,
you couldn't have taken anything.
- 189. Yes, I could have taken your life.
- 190. Life! I don't care about that.
- 191. I'll show you.
- 192. You lost.
- 193. You won! You are the best.
- 194. I have been spilt like water,
and my bones have been dislocated.
- 195. My heart has turned
to wax and melts within me.
- 196. And my tongue sticks to my jaw.
- 197. I am laid low in the dust of death.
- 198. My God,
why hast thou forsaken me?
- 199. Why are You so far from saving me,
from heeding my groans?
- 200. Oh, my God, I cry in the daytime,
but thou dost not answer.
- 201. In the night I cry, but I get no respite.
- 202. It's either him or me?
- 203. Make thy paths known from me.
Oh, Lord, teach me thy ways.
- 204. Lead me in thy truth and teach me.
- 205. Thou art God, my savior.
- 206. I have waited all day long
- 207. You'll show the sinners the way.
- 208. You'll lead us
through final judgment.
- 209. I am not a God.
- 210. I am a man.
- 211. How long have I been here?
- 212. When you got here,
I hadn't yet been born.
- 213. I've looked after you
since I was a child.
- 214. The old woman says
that you'll free us. Come!
- 215. We've been prisoners
here for many years.
- 216. That hole is the only way out.
- 217. You have to climb
for a few days to get to it.
- 218. Outside, down the mountain,
there's a town.
- 219. They won't help us to get out.
- 220. We are deformed,
due to the continuous incest.
- 221. We are repulsive to them.
- 222. It must be hard to bring me here.
- 223. Why did you do it?
- 224. The old lady knows.
- 225. She sent for you.
- 226. She wants to see you now.
- 227. This is not me! This is not my face.
- 228. I'll get money and I'll dig a tunnel.
- 229. The tunnel will join
the town with this cave.
- 230. When I finish it, you'll be free at last.
- 231. You'll get out of here!
- 232. So, that's the great town!
- 233. We'll have to beg.
- 234. Fix the curls.
- 235. Fix my nails!
- 236. Cream!
- 237. A fan!
- 238. This degenerate
is looking at my legs!
- 239. Help, he's embracing me!
- 240. You are witnesses!
He's kissed me by force!
- 241. Filthy slave! How dare you!
- 242. Help, he's raping me!
- 243. Stop him! Murderer!
- 244. Stop him! Don't let him get away!
- 245. Rapist! He's a degenerate!
- 246. Murderer, murderer!
- 247. Do you think it's worth it
for my people to come here?
- 248. This is worse.
- 249. I'll keep on digging.
- 250. How many meters have we dug?
- 251. I dig!
- 252. We've lost our audience!
- 253. Hey, you monsters! Come here!
- 254. We'll pay you a good fee.
- 255. Both are dead.
- 256. - Who died first?
- This one.
- 257. This one is the champion.
- 258. You protect us, oh Lord!
You protect us, oh Lord!
- 259. God loves us and protects us!
- 260. If we have faith,
nothing will happen to us.
- 261. We must play with our Lord.
- 262. Death is our bet.
- 263. And let the one
who doesn't have faith, die.
- 264. A miracle!
- 265. A miracle!
- 266. A miracle!
- 267. Fear not, it's a blank.
- 268. The weapon. It's a miracle!
- 269. A miracle!
- 270. No one will come anymore.
- 271. The circus is over.
- 272. I'll go also.
- 273. Come in, come in!
- 274. As always,
the Decent Women League,
- 275. after it's monthly inspection,
greets their husbands.
- 276. Everything in here is decent.
- 277. Do you want to make some money?
- 278. Go down!
- 279. Come in!
- 280. Do your kissing stunt.
- 281. We now want to see the rest.
- 282. Undress! The wedding night!
- 283. I love you. They do not exist.
- 284. There's nobody, but you.
- 285. We're alone. Take me, please.
- 286. We'll be able to buy dynamite
- 287. to keep digging the tunnel.
- 288. Hey, why are you hiding?
- 289. I am ashamed.
- 290. You must be disgusted by me.
- 291. You are going to leave me.
- 292. No, come with me.
- 293. Tell him to marry us.
- 294. Go!
- 295. We are going to get married, Father.
- 296. You can't kill him.
He's doing great things.
- 297. He promised he'd dig the tunnel,
so they would be free.
- 298. I'll wait until you finish the job.
Then I will kill you.
- 299. But I'll be watching you,
so you don't escape.
- 300. We'll never finish it.
It takes too much time.
- 301. If you want us to go faster,
- 302. help us to dig.
- 303. And if you want to finish sooner,
- 304. help us to beg.
- 305. It's hard rock.
- 306. We've tried it a thousand times
and we can't do it.
- 307. Just a thousand times?
- 308. Your pain must be unbearable.
- 309. This body feels the pain, not me.
- 310. You'll never do it. Stop it!
- 311. We've made it! We've made it!
- 312. Do not tell them yet.
They are still unprepared.
- 313. I cannot kill my master.
- 314. Subtitles by
lnternational Broadcast Facilities