- 1. Going to the ball?
- 2. I wouldn't if I were you.
- 3. Could get dangerous.
- 4. You know, they say
Macavity will win this year.
- 5. Macavity?
- 6. A wonderful magician.
- 7. One moment you see him...
- 8. Come on!
- 9. Magic!
- 10. So, what's your name?
- 11. Cat got your tongue?
- 12. - Victoria.
- 13. You must have another.
- 14. Another?
- 15. Mr. Mistoffelees, the magical cat!
- 16. Je...
- 17. The Heaviside Layer?
- 18. Far, far up in the sky.
- 19. From where the most deserving cat
will be reborn into another life.
- 20. So they can be
who they've always dreamed of being.
- 21. How will they be chosen?
- 22. By singing the song
of themselves, of course.
- 23. Who they are and what they do.
- 24. Come.
- 25. Come and see a cat who's competing
to be the Jellicle choice tonight.
- 26. Aaah!
- 27. Cockroaches!
- 28. Faces!
- 29. Mmm.
- 30. And now for the icing on the cake.
- 31. Why does she want another Jellicle life?
- 32. I can't keep being in this kitchen.
- 33. Don't get cocky!
- 34. Ha-ha!
- 35. Meow.
- 36. Hmm?
- 37. It's a little old-fashioned,
don't you think?
- 38. With the cockroaches dancing
and the mice singing.
- 39. Well, actually, the mice were really good.
- 40. But it's all a bit old-school.
- 41. Get out.
- 42. I'm just trying
to offer you some feedback here.
- 43. Well, a...
- 44. Well, actually, I just thought
I'd have a feed at the back.
- 45. Get out of this kitchen now.
- 46. Let's dance!
- 47. Hmm. Hmm.
- 48. No, no!
- 49. Thanks, Tugger!
- 50. No!
- 51. - Ooh!
- Do you think he just got neutered?
- 52. '- Cause those notes are, like...
- 53. You know...
- 54. I can dance how he dances too.
- 55. - Look.
- Let me see.
- 56. It's easy.
- 57. Hey there.
- 58. Uh!
- 59. Stop milking it.
- 60. Whoo!
- 61. Yeah!
- 62. Nah, nah. No more milk.
- 63. Milk!
- 64. Whoo!
- 65. Wow.
- 66. Who was she?
- 67. She used to be the star of the Windmill.
- 68. Then she went with Macavity.
- 69. Now she lives on the wasteland.
- 70. Good evening, all.
- 71. Meow!
- 72. Oh, no. Look what the cat dragged in.
- 73. Oh, my. You look absolutely starving.
- 74. You can't attend the ball
on an empty stomach.
- 75. So you're hoping to be chosen?
- 76. Yeah. He wants to be reborn as a thin cat
so he can get fat all over again.
- 77. But he's going to lose!
- 78. How dare you! Don't listen to her.
- 79. Don't you listen to him
because he is a complete and utter bas...
- 80. Yeah, you've got it. Here we go. Ha-ha!
- 81. Ready?
- 82. Whoo!
- 83. 'Scuse me.
- 84. Are you by any chance Jennyanydots?
- 85. Yes.
- 86. You know, your work
should be on the world stage.
- 87. Yes.
- 88. And that face should be on a poster.
- 89. Meow!
- 90. Oh!
- 91. Right. That's not going to work, is it?
- 92. Okay?
- 93. Look at you, and look at me,
and you know,
- 94. you know that I'm sensitive
about my size, okay?
- 95. And yet you embarrass me.
- 96. That's what I say to you.
- 97. Okay? Now, listen.
You'll never get me up there on your own.
- 98. So let's gather up a few more of the cats
and we'll try again, shall we?
- 99. Yeah. Okay. Nice and good.
- 100. And... Five, six, seven.
- 101. Hey!
- 102. Ooh! Gah!
- 103. Oh!
- 104. Thanks, Tugger.
- 105. Yaah! Ha-ha! Hoo-hoo!
- 106. Spats?
- 107. Macavity!
- 108. Puss in Spats. I love it.
- 109. Hungry?
- 110. Look like you haven't eaten for days.
- 111. Go for it.
- 112. Look at it.
- 113. Smell it.
- 114. Really tasty.
- 115. Well, come on, Puss in Spats.
You can do it.
- 116. Ha-ha!
- 117. Ineffable.
- 118. Can we help you?
- 119. You really shouldn't be out alone.
- 120. I'm not alone. I'm with my friends.
- 121. Friends?
- 122. Looks like they've run away and left you.
- 123. Don't worry.
- 124. We'll look after you.
- 125. Won't we?
- 126. Why don't you come inside?
- 127. No photos, right?
- 128. Hello, police officer.
I bought these for her myself.
- 129. - You did what?
- 130. I'm coming, Victoria!
- 131. Don't worry! Stay there!
- 132. Here, doggy! Fetch!
- 133. I've been looking for you everywhere.
- 134. I thought you'd miss the arrival.
- 135. What arrival?
- 136. Of Old Deuteronomy.
- 137. Oh!
- 138. Where am I?
- 139. It seems we're on a barge
in the middle of the Thames.
- 140. What are you doing here?
- 141. I haven't got the faintest clue.
- 142. And I've lost all of my cockroaches.
- 143. I can't be on a barge
in the middle of the Thames.
- 144. I'm supposed to be going to the ball.
- 145. Oh, no. You're not going anywhere,
Puss in Spats.
- 146. I'm determined to win,
and I prefer my competition chained up.
- 147. Growltiger.
- 148. Keep 'em here.
- 149. Meow!
- 150. He's called me that twice now.
- 151. "Puss in Spats."
Like it's, sort of, a joke.
- 152. I rather like it. So the joke's on him.
- 153. Who are you?
- 154. Growltiger.
- 155. Right, no, see, that doesn't rhyme.
- 156. You can't just say "Taymes"
'cause it rhymes with "aims."
- 157. It's the River Thames.
- 158. Ow!
- 159. Okay, so, it's Growltiger, you say?
- 160. Yep. I think I've got it.
I think that's it.
- 161. I fully understand now who it is.
- 162. Thank you for telling me.
- 163. Where have you been?
- 164. Oh, it's mine.
- 165. Yet another trick that went wrong.
- 166. You're just in time
to see Old Deuteronomy.
- 167. Who is Old Deuteronomy?
- 168. - Who will it be?
- Who will it be?
- 169. Who will it be?
- 170. It's party time!
- 171. With your permission, of course.
- 172. Are you all right, my dear?
- 173. We haven't met before, have we?
- 174. No. I'm not from round here.
- 175. I was abandoned.
- 176. Oh, poor thing.
- 177. Would you like to see me
make the Jellicle choice?
- 178. Am I allowed?
- 179. Why wouldn't you be allowed?
- 180. I'm not a Jellicle.
- 181. Not yet, perhaps.
- 182. Come, we're about to begin.
- 183. Gus.
- 184. Gus, it's your call.
- 185. I just wanted to wish you jolly good luck.
- 186. I'm a tremendous fan of your work.
- 187. Hmm.
- 188. What's your name?
- 189. Mr. Mistoffelees.
- 190. I'm a magic cat, you see.
- 191. Oh.
- 192. - Do you ever get nervous?
- No, no.
- 193. It's all practice, practice, practice.
Then nothing can go wrong.
- 194. Touch wood.
- 195. I've never played The Egyptian before.
- 196. Gus the Theater Cat.
- 197. Cross paws.
- 198. Hmm.
- 199. Ah.
- 200. I could do it again, you know.
- 201. Bravo!
- 202. Bravo, Gus.
- 203. Could I trouble you for an autograph, sir?
- 204. To see Firefrorefiddle come alive tonight
- 205. was truly inspirational and scary.
- 206. Macavity!
- 207. The next contestant is...
- 208. Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat.
- 209. Whoo-whoo!
- 210. Skimble!
- 211. Macavity.
- 212. The Napoleon of crime!
- 213. Mwah!
- 214. Aha!
- 215. Yes!
- 216. The time has come
to make the Jellicle choice.
- 217. Old Deuteronomy, if you would.
- 218. As I am the only contestant left.
- 219. And, quite obviously, the best.
- 220. And so...
- 221. Never.
- 222. I choose the cat
that deserves a new life.
- 223. I judge a cat by its soul.
- 224. He's got soul.
- 225. I've got plenty of soul.
- 226. You're a cheat, Macavity.
- 227. Oh!
- 228. Deuteronomy...
- 229. - I am going to the Heaviside Layer.
- 230. I demand that you grant me another life.
- 231. You will never go to the Heaviside Layer.
- 232. Oh. We'll see about that.
- 233. Growltiger, make her walk the plank.
- 234. - Say it's me...
- 235. or you'll drown in that river.
- 236. You'll never be my Jellicle choice!
- 237. - This is your last chance.
- Oh! Never!
- 238. Where is Old Deuteronomy?
- 239. Where is she?
- 240. We don't know.
- 241. Where is she?
- 242. Look, it was only a bit of fun.
- 243. We didn't know he was gonna take Old Deut.
- 244. There must be something we can do.
- 245. We can't just magic her back.
- 246. Yes, we can!
- 247. Yes, we can.
- 248. You're a magician.
- 249. - What?
- It's not a bad idea.
- 250. Might be worth a try.
- 251. Really, I can't.
- 252. You could try.
- 253. Good luck.
- 254. You can do it.
- 255. Cross paws.
- 256. - Can we get a spotlight?
- Please, don't make me do this.
- 257. And a drumroll, please.
- 258. You can do this.
- 259. What?
- 260. Mr. Mistoffelees?
- 261. My hero!
- 262. - Don't go! Oh, no!
- I'm falling!
- 263. Please.
- 264. Oh.
- 265. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you
the marvelous, magical Mr. Mistoffelees!
- 266. She's tricked me.
- 267. I will get there.
- 268. I will get to the Heaviside Layer.
I will win!
- 269. You'll all see!
- 270. Come with me!
- 271. Meow!
- 272. Ow.
- 273. Don't mess with the crazy cat lady.
- 274. Oh!
- 275. Firefrorefiddle!
- 276. Gus!
- 277. Meow!
- 278. Oh, you fiend.
- 279. Sing.
- 280. You are the Jellicle choice.
- 281. Thank you.
- 282. Up, up, up! Heaviside Layer, here I... Oop!
- 283. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
- 284. Ineffable.
- 285. Meow.
- 286. You're alive!
- 287. I believe you truly are a Jellicle cat.
- 288. A dearliccle cat.