- 1. Okay, game point. 15-14.
This team serves.
- 2. Let's go. Service!
- 3. Come on! Come on!
- 4. Keep it up! Let's go!
Teamwork! Keep playing!
- 5. Hit it to Carrie!
She'll blow it!
- 6. Don't blow it, Carrie! Hit it!
- 7. - Carrie...!
- She blew it again!
- 8. We almost had the game!
- 9. We can't win a game
with her on the team.
- 10. Look at her!
Just standing there!
- 11. You eat shit!
- 12. Help me! Help me!
- 13. Help me!
- 14. Aah!
- 15. Help me! Help me!
- 16. Have a Tampax!
- 17. Help me!
- 18. Hey Norma,
Carrie's got her period!
- 19. Help me! Help me!
- 20. Help me!
- 21. Gross! Gross!
- 22. Carrie! Here!
Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 23. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 24. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 25. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 26. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 27. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 28. What is going on? This isn't
a pep rally. What's happening?
- 29. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 30. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 31. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 32. Sue! What are you doing?
What are you doing?
- 33. Carrie...
she just got her period!
- 34. - Who's got her period?
- 35. What are you doing?
- 36. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 37. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 38. Plug it up! Plug it up!
- 39. Carrie! Come on, Carrie!
- 40. Carrie, sweetheart!
Jesus! Come on!
- 41. Stop it! Now relax! Calm down.
Listen to me. Listen.
- 42. It's okay. It's okay.
Now you're just going to
- 43. stand up and take care
of yourself. Now, come on.
- 44. Grow up. Stand up and take care
- 45. Come on, do it. Do it.
- 46. - Do it!
- 47. Did you see that?
- 48. No...!
- 49. Get out of here.
Go on. Right now. Move!
- 50. Carrie...
- 51. Carrie, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
I didn't know, okay? I'm sorry.
- 52. Baby, come on, now.
Don't you know?
- 53. Listen. Listen.
- 54. I'm gonna talk to you about it, now, okay?
Now just calm down. Just relax.
- 55. See? They're all gone. They're all gone.
- 56. Now, listen.
It's gonna be okay.
- 57. - Isn't she a bit old for her, uh...
- Her first period.
- 58. Um... yes.
- 59. Morty, until a half-hour ago, I don't even
think she knew there was such a thing.
- 60. It's really... hard to believe
in this day and age
- 61. a girl in high school
wouldn't know something.
- 62. Uh, facts...
- 63. Well, she didn't.
- 64. But I don't know why that should
surprise us, knowing that mother of hers.
- 65. - We can't interfere with people's beliefs.
- I know, I know.
- 66. - As for the girls...
- Carrie's always been their scapegoat.
- 67. - You've got to do something.
- I will.
- 68. But see, the thing is, Marty, that, um...
- 69. I knew how they felt.
- 70. See, the whole thing just made me
wanna take her and shake her, too.
- 71. - You know what I mean?
- 72. - It was just her period, for God's sake!
- Well, we'll send her home.
- 73. Miss Finch,
will you send in Cassie Wright?
- 74. It's Carrie White.
- 75. Come in, Cassie.
- 76. Carrie.
- 77. Miss Finch, would you
bring in a dismissal slip?
- 78. I thought you might take
the rest of the day
- 79. and go home,
take care of yourself, Cassie.
- 80. We're all very sorry
about this incident.
- 81. It's Carrie.
- 82. Thank you.
- 83. Would you like
to go to the infirmary?
- 84. - Lie down for a while?
- I think Carrie can go home.
- 85. Would you like a ride?
We could call you a cab.
- 86. I'm sure she can walk home.
- 87. And, Carrie, you're dismissed from gym
for a week. Just take study hall instead, okay?
- 88. We're all sorry
about this incident, Cassie.
- 89. It's Carrie!
- 90. Creepy Carrie! Creepy Carrie!
- 91. Ohh!
- 92. Ohh! Ohh...
- 93. Were you in Chicago two years ago?
- 94. Chicago?
- 95. Yes, Bill. Chicago.
- 96. Why, yes, I was living in Chicago.
- 97. You knew that, didn't you?
I told you that, didn't I?
- 98. No, you didn't.
I found out.
- 99. You're looking at me so, uh, strangely...
- 100. Oh, Mrs. White.
- 101. - How have you been, Mrs. Snell?
- 102. - And the doctor?
- 103. - And your daughter?
- Sue is fine.
- 104. - Won't you come in, Mrs. White?
- Oh, how kind of you.
- 105. - I think Carrie is in some of Sue's classes.
- 106. - Perhaps sometime she might like to visit.
- I'm here on the Lord's work, Mrs. Snell.
- 107. Spreadin' the gospel of God's salvation
through Christ's blood.
- 108. Yes, of course.
- 109. I have something here I know is gonna
interest the doctor and you.
- 110. The teenager's path to salvation
through the cross of Jesus.
- 111. I don't think Sue
would be very interested.
- 112. The children are wandering through the
wilderness of sin these days, Mrs. Snell.
- 113. My Sue is a good girl.
- 114. These are godless times,
- 115. I'll drink to that!
- 116. We'll... all read these.
- 117. Excuse me.
Please sit down, Mrs. White.
- 118. Hello?
- 119. Betty, can I call you back?
Margaret White is here.
- 120. Are you accusing me...
- 121. White.
- 122. Just let me get rid of her
and I'll call you back.
- 123. And now... I'm going to kill you!
- 124. I have something here, Mrs. Snell,
that I think you might profit from.
- 125. - Look, Mrs. White, I'd like to contribute $5...
- 126. $10.
- 127. I see.
- 128. I pray you find Jesus.
- 129. - Wasn't that Carrie White's mother?
- Hey, I didn't hear you come in.
- 130. What did she want?
- 131. Yes?
- 132. Yes?
- 133. Thank you.
- 134. I know you're listening.
- 135. Come on downstairs.
- 136. Mama?
- 137. Who was that? Who called?
- 138. You're a woman now.
- 139. Why didn't you tell me, Mama?
- 140. Aah!
- 141. And God made Eve
from the rib of Adam
- 142. and Eve was weak and
loosed the raven on the world.
- 143. And the raven
was called sin. Say it.
- 144. - The raven was called sin.
- Why didn't you tell me, Mama?
- 145. - Say it.
- 146. The raven was called sin.
- 147. No, Mama...
And the raven was called sin!
- 148. And the first sin
- 149. First sin was intercourse.
- 150. I didn't sin, Mama.
- 151. - Say it!
- I didn't sin, Mama!
- 152. The first sin was intercourse.
- 153. First sin was intercourse.
- 154. First sin was intercourse.
- 155. And the first sin
- 156. Mama, I was so scared,
I thought I was dyin'.
- 157. And the girls,
they all laughed at me, Mama.
- 158. - And Eve was weak. Say it.
- No, Mama!
- 159. - Eve was weak.
- 160. - Eve was weak.
- 161. - Eve was weak. Say it, woman.
- No, Mama!
- 162. Say it!
- 163. Eve was weak!
- 164. Eve was weak!
- 165. And the Lord visited Eve
with a curse.
- 166. And the curse was
the curse of blood!
- 167. You should have told me, Mama!
You should have told me!
- 168. O Lord!
- 169. Help the sinning woman
see the sin of her days and ways.
- 170. Show her that if she had remained sinless
the curse of blood would never have come on her.
- 171. She may have been tempted
by the Antichrist.
- 172. She may have completed
the sin of lustful thoughts...
- 173. No, Mama!
- 174. Don't lie to me, Carrietta!
Don't you know by now I can see inside you?
- 175. I can see the sin as surely as God can!
- 176. - Let me go, Mama. You're hurting me.
- We'll pray!
- 177. - We'll pray, woman!
- 178. Pray to Jesus for all the lustful,
- 179. No!
- 180. God visited Eve with the curse.
And the curse was the curse of blood.
- 181. No, Mama!
- 182. And he visited Eve with the second curse.
And this was the curse of childbearing.
- 183. And Eve brought forth Cain
in sweat and blood.
- 184. Genesis 3:16!
- 185. Mama! Let me out!
- 186. Mama, please! Let me out!
- 187. Mama, please!
- 188. Let me out, Mama! God...!
- 189. Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
- 190. Thy kingdom...
- 191. Thank you, Mama.
- 192. You can go to bed now.
- 193. There is power, power,
wonder-working power in the blood
- 194. of the lamb...
- 195. Carrie?
- 196. Carrie?
- 197. Carrie?
- 198. Carrie?
- 199. Carrie?
- 200. Open the door.
- 201. It's open, Mama.
- 202. What was that noise?
- 203. What noise?
- 204. Go to bed.
- 205. Yes, ma'am. Saying my prayers...
- 206. "What are you going to leave
for us, you people in your big cars,
- 207. spewing pollution into the air?"
- 208. "You people with heavy feet,
- 209. trampling down the wilderness."
- 210. "You people who peer into
the back seats of our cars,
- 211. hours after you come out
of the back doors of your motels."
- 212. "Soon all we will have is each other."
- 213. "And that could be enough."
- 214. "if you will let us have room enough
- 215. and air enough
- 216. and peace enough
- 217. to love each other
- 218. as you never could."
- 219. Hm.
- 220. I... I really must say...
I must confess
- 221. this poem displays
the most extraordinary talent.
- 222. Talent extraordinary for you,
- 223. You know, Tommy,
- 224. this is slightly different from running
touchdowns and hitting home runs.
- 225. Well, class,
- 226. any criticisms?
- 227. Anyone?
- 228. It's beautiful.
- 229. Carrie White!
- 230. Beautiful.
- 231. Beautiful.
- 232. Beautiful!
- 233. "Oh, beautiful for
- 234. for amber waves of grain" !
- 235. Is that the beautiful you mean?
Is it, Carrie, hmm?
- 236. Well, I'm afraid, Carrie,
this is hardly a criticism.
- 237. You suck.
- 238. Tommy?
Did you say something, Tommy?
- 239. - Who, me?
- Yes, you.
- 240. I said "Aw, shucks."
- 241. Roll call: Blake.
- 242. Present.
- 243. - Borne.
- 244. - Gogin.
- 245. - Grace.
- 246. - Hargenson.
- 247. - Litton.
- 248. - MacDermit.
- 249. - O'Shea.
- 250. - Pollock.
- 251. - Shires.
- 252. - Snell.
- 253. - Watson.
- 254. - And the Wilsons.
- We're here.
- 255. Okay, line up.
- 256. Line up!
- 257. Move it!
- 258. On your feet right now!
- 259. Alice and Mary, eyes front.
- 260. Katie...
- 261. You, too, Chris.
- 262. [bubble pops 1
- 263. And spit out that gum.
- 264. - Where'll I put it, Miss Collins?
- You can choke on it for all I care.
- 265. Just get it out of your mouth.
- 266. Wipe that smirk
off your face, Norma.
- 267. Okay. Now I want you all to know that
you did a really shitty thing yesterday,
- 268. a really shitty thing.
- 269. Did any of you ever stop to think
that Carrie White has feelings?
- 270. Do any of you
ever stop to think?
- 271. No, I guess you're too busy
thinking about your dates
- 272. and the prom.
- 273. I guess you can take your pick, Chris.
Who's the lucky guy?
- 274. Billy Nolan.
- 275. - Who?
- Billy Nolan.
- 276. - I'm sorry, I can't hear you. Could you speak up?
- Billy Nolan.
- 277. Well, isn't he the lucky one!
- 278. What about you, Sue?
- 279. Who's taking you?
- 280. Tommy Ross.
- 281. Right.
- 282. Now, my idea for this little trick you pulled
was three days' suspension
- 283. and refusal of
your prom tickets.
- 284. Oh!
- 285. What...?
- 286. God!
- 287. That'd get you where you live,
- 288. And you'd deserve it.
- 289. I don't think any of you have any idea
of just how nasty what you did really was.
- 290. But the office has decided
you're to have one week's detention.
- 291. Still, there's one little catch.
- 292. It's to be my detention.
- 293. That's 50 minutes
- 294. every day
- 295. starting today
- 296. on the athletic field.
- 297. Get the picture?
- 298. I'm not coming.
- 299. That's up to you, Chris.
- 300. That's up to all of you.
- 301. Punishment for
- 302. is three days' suspension
- 303. and refusal of your prom tickets.
- 304. Any other thoughts?
- 305. Good. Now change up.
- 306. Where are you going?
- 307. - Where you going?
- Come on. Are you gonna come?
- 308. - I'm not coming.
- You're really not gonna come?
- 309. You're gonna miss out
on the prom for this?
- 310. - I'm not coming.
- Well, I'm not gonna miss the prom for this.
- 311. Fuck!
- 312. And... 1, 2, 3, 4.
- 313. 2, 2, 3, 4.
- 314. 3, 2, 3, 4.
- 315. 4, 2, 3, 4.
- 316. 5, 2...
- 317. Energy, Norma! Come on!
- 318. 3, 2, 3, 4.
- 319. 1, 2, 3, 4.
- 320. 2, 2, 3, 4.
- 321. 3, 2, 3, 4.
- 322. Stretch, 2, 3, 4.
- 323. Stretch, 2, 3, 4.
- 324. Stretch, Norma, stretch!
- 325. Stretch, 2, 3, 4.
- 326. 1,2,
- 327. bend, up.
- 328. Bend, up.
- 329. 1,2.
- 330. 1,2.
- 331. 1,2.
- 332. Faster.
- 333. And 1, 2.
- 334. 1,2.
- 335. 1,2,1,
- 336. and 2
- 337. and 3
- 338. Uhh!
- 339. and 4
- 340. and 5
- 341. and 6
- 342. and 7
- 343. and 8
- 344. and 9
- 345. and 10
- 346. and 11
- 347. and 12
- 348. and 13
- 349. and 14
- 350. and 15.
- 351. And...
1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2,
- 352. 1, 2, 1, 2,
- 353. 1, 2, 1, 2.
- 354. Get your knees up!
- 355. 1, 2, 1, 2,
- 356. 1, 2, 1, 2.
- 357. Come on, you hot shots!
- 358. She can't get away with this.
- 359. I'm gonna get her.
- 360. Let it go, Chris.
- 361. Like hell I will.
- 362. 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2.
- 363. The period's not up, Hargenson.
- 364. - It is for me.
- Keep running!
- 365. There are 10 minutes left.
- 366. Stick 'em up your...
- 367. You can't hit us!
You'll get canned for this,
- 368. you bitch!
- 369. One more word out of you
and I'm gonna knock you down!
- 370. Do you understand me?
- 371. She can't get away with this
if we all stick together, Norma!
- 372. Helen?
- 373. Sue?
- 374. Shut up, Chris.
- 375. Just shut up.
- 376. This isn't over.
- 377. This isn't over by a long shot!
- 378. You're out of the prom,
- 379. Okay, the show's over.
- 380. In place, run!
- 381. 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2.
- 382. "Thought to be
the ability to move
- 383. or to cause changes
- 384. in objects
by force of the mind."
- 385. Hang 'em high! Hang 'em low!
Come on, Bates, let's go!
- 386. Hang 'em high! Hang 'em low!
Come on, Bates, let's go!
- 387. - Give me a B!
- 388. - Give me an A!
- 389. - Give me a T!
- 390. - Give me an E!
- 391. - Give me an S!
- 392. - What's that spell?
- Bates! Bates! Yeah!
- 393. - Hey.
- 394. - Coach said I made the nationals!
- Are you kidding?
- 395. Hey, terrific!
- 396. What's up?
- 397. Can I talk to you?
- 398. - Right now?
- It's real important.
- 399. All right.
- 400. Tommy, if I asked you to do something
very special for me,
- 401. would you do it?
- 402. Yeah.
- 403. I want you to take Carrie White
to the prom.
- 404. How's it looking there?
- 405. Ha ha ha!
- 406. Hey, Freddy!
- 407. Hey! Wanna go over to Minsky's
for some hard stuff?
- 408. No.
- 409. - Huh?
- Some other time, huh?
- 410. - You pussy!
- Gimme one of them beers!
- 411. - Suck on this, huh?
- All right!
- 412. Yee-hoo!
- 413. - Hey, man!
- Oh, man, those stripes!
- 414. Ooh!
- 415. Aah!
- 416. Yes!
- 417. Oh, shit.
- 418. Watch it, you stupid shit!
- 419. Don't call me that, huh?
- 420. Well, look what you did!
- 421. Stupid shit.
- 422. - I told you not to call me that.
- Look out!
- 423. Dumb punk!
- 424. - What, are you scared, Chuck?
- What, do you want to get us killed?
- 425. Dumb shit.
- 426. You fuck!
- 427. Okay, I'll do it.
- 428. Take the streets!
- 429. Hi, friend! What's up?
- 430. Don't be in such a hurry.
- 431. Oh.
- 432. Come on...
- 433. "Don't be in such a hurry."
- 434. - I'm hurrying away from you, you know that?
- No, you're not.
- 435. - Pain right in the ass.
- You don't mean that.
- 436. I don't mean that.
- 437. You're crazier than a
son of a bitch, you know that?
- 438. Come here.
- 439. Oh, shit.
- 440. Mmm...
- 441. Mm!
- 442. Jesus Christ,
what's wrong with you?
- 443. - Can't you wait a minute?
- Well, what for? We do this all the time.
- 444. You're so ignorant.
- 445. Yeah, but... that's what
you like about me, right?
- 446. I know that.
- 447. Shit.
- 448. No?
- 449. No?
- 450. I know what you like about me.
- 451. This.
- 452. Touch it.
- 453. No!
- 454. Dumb shit!
- 455. I thought I told you
never to call me that!
- 456. You know, you are totally fucked up!
That's it. You really are. I know that.
- 457. I'm convinced.
- 458. Billy...
- 459. Come here.
- 460. Billy... Come on.
- 461. Come on.
- 462. I want you to do something...
- 463. Something important.
- 464. Mm-hm?
- 465. Billy...
- 466. Billy...
- 467. Oh, Billy...
- 468. Billy...
- 469. Oh, Billy...
- 470. Oh, Billy... Billy...
- 471. Oh, Billy, I hate Carrie White.
- 472. Who?
- 473. Hi, Carrie.
- 474. Hi.
- 475. - How are you?
- 476. Good. Uh...
- 477. What are you doing?
- 478. Reading.
- 479. Yeah? What are you reading?
- 480. It's about, uh
- 481. sewing.
- 482. Sewing? That's good.
- 483. Um...
- 484. If you don't have a date
for the prom next Friday,
- 485. would you like to go with me?
- 486. To the prom? It's next Friday. I know
this is late notice, but, uh... Carrie?
- 487. Carrie, let...
- 488. You guys go on. Practice those drills
from yesterday. I'll be right there.
- 489. Carrie?
- 490. Carrie.
- 491. Carrie, what's the matter?
- 492. - What happened?
- 493. Was it one of the girls?
- 494. Did one of the girls
do something to you?
- 495. No.
- 496. Well, what is it, then?
- 497. You can trust me. You know that?
- 498. Would you tell me?
- 499. I got invited to the prom.
- 500. That's great! That's fantastic!
- 501. So what are you down here
moping around for?
- 502. Tommy Ross asked me.
- 503. That's even better.
- 504. - He's really cute, huh?
- I know who he goes around with.
- 505. They're just trying
to trick me again, I know.
- 506. Maybe not.
- 507. I mean...
maybe he really meant it.
- 508. Hey, Carrie,
let's think about this, now.
- 509. It might be terrific.
You might have a really good time.
- 510. Carrie?
- 511. Hey, Carrie, I wanna talk to you. It's about
this attitude you have about yourself.
- 512. I mean, you're always walking around
with your hair down, all moping around.
- 513. Carrie?
- 514. Come here, you big silly.
- 515. I want you to look at yourself.
- 516. Would you look at that?
- 517. Come on.
- 518. Now that's a pretty girl.
- 519. Look at your eyes!
- 520. Little mascara to bring it out?
- 521. Your lips. Try some lipstick.
You have nice, pretty lips.
- 522. And your cheekbones.
- 523. Look at your hair. It's beautiful hair. You
could just put it up a little, maybe add a little curl.
- 524. What do you think?
- 525. Yeah!
- 526. Well?
- 527. Well, what do you wanna know?
- 528. Why'd Tommy ask her to the prom?
- 529. Well?
- 530. I asked him to.
- 531. Why?
- 532. What for?
- 533. What could you possibly
have had in mind?
- 534. I thought it would be
a good thing for Carrie,
- 535. to get her to join in with
a few things and be with people...
- 536. - Make her a part of things?
- 537. Come on, Sue.
- 538. We're not that stupid.
- 539. - Neither is Carrie.
- Maybe not... I don't know.
- 540. You mean you're not gonna go?
- 541. You're just gonna stay home
and miss your own senior prom?
- 542. Come in.
- 543. - What is it?
- Just the attendance sheets, Miss Collins.
- 544. Thank you. You know you
can't go without a date.
- 545. Is there anything else, Norma?
- 546. - No, Miss Collins.
- Thank you, Norma.
- 547. Which brings us to you.
- 548. - Miss Collins, I have to get to practice.
- Well, that's too bad, isn't it?
- 549. - If you don't mind, it's between Sue and I.
- But I do mind... unless, of course,
- 550. you'd like to continue this little
discussion in Mr. Morton's office.
- 551. What is the big deal?
- 552. Because it is a very big deal
for Carrie White, and you know it.
- 553. Well, she already
said no, anyway.
- 554. - Yeah, well, with a little effort you can change that.
- Don't count your chickens.
- 555. - Just don't try...
- Fine. I won't try.
- 556. Wait a second! It's not fine!
- 557. You can't order someone
not to take someone to the prom!
- 558. You know, I can make sure
you don't hurt Carrie White anymore.
- 559. We're not trying to hurt her, Miss Collins.
We're trying to help her!
- 560. How?
- 561. Hey, Tommy, um... Don't you think
you're just gonna look a little ridiculous
- 562. when you walk in the prom
with Carrie White?
- 563. We don't care how we look.
- 564. Do we?
- 565. What?
- 566. I gate opens ]
- 567. - Hi, Carrie.
- 568. So this is where you live, huh?
- 569. - What are you doing here?
- You gonna ask me in?
- 570. Why not?
- 571. Mama's resting.
- 572. - What do you want?
- God, right to the point. Um...
- 573. - About the prom, again...
- I already told you.
- 574. Well, I know, but there's nothing to say
you can't change your mind.
- 575. - Girls do it all the time.
- Why are you doing this?
- 576. - Cause I want to.
- No, you're not.
- 577. Carrie, now, come on.
I don't do anything I don't want.
- 578. - I can't.
- Yes, you can!
- 579. Carrie!
- 580. - You'd better go.
- Not till you say yes.
- 581. - No. I can't.
- Yes, you can.
- 582. I said I can't.
- 583. Carrie!
- 584. Yes, you can.
- 585. - Will you please go?
- Not till you say yes.
- 586. Why is this so important to you?
- 587. I don't know.
- 588. Maybe because, um...
you liked my poem.
- 589. Carrie!
- 590. - Okay, okay, I'll go.
- Good. I'll pick you up at 8 o'clock.
- 591. Okay.
- 592. What's the matter, Willie?
- 593. We gonna wake up the
little piggies? Oink, oink!
- 594. You know, this is a hell of a
risk for a joke, uh, Bill.
- 595. - You want out?
- No, no. It's a good joke. It's a good joke.
- 596. Look at this!
- 597. - What?
- All these pigs!
- 598. What are you talking about?
- 599. These painted pigs!
- 600. Stupid old man Hanky's nitwit cousin
- 601. Shh!
- 602. I went out with the girl that posed for 'em.
She was a real pig!
- 603. - Will you shut up?
- Will you let me up there?
- 604. You're gonna
kill that pig, right?
- 605. Piggy!
- 606. Here, piggy!
- 607. I'm gonna bash
your little heads in,
- 608. and you don't have to worry
about the bomb no more.
- 609. Come here, little piggies!
Come here, you little sucker!
- 610. Here's one right here.
- 611. - Will you shut up and do it, already?
- We gotta give it a chance to burn!
- 612. - 0h, yeah?
- Come here, you little sucker. Come here, piggy!
- 613. You can't do it standin' out here.
Get 'er done, man, get 'er done.
- 614. - I can't. I can't. You.
- Oh, I knew this would happen!
- 615. - Just... hold it there, you pig. You fuck-up!
- Do it, Billy!
- 616. - And you shut up!
- Just do it!
- 617. All right, move it out, move it out!
That's it! That's it! Come on! Move it out!
- 618. Yeah, that's my baby!
- 619. Do it!
- 620. Do it!
- 621. Do it!
- 622. Carrie, you haven't touched
your apple cake.
- 623. Gives me pimples, Mama.
- 624. Pimples are the Lord's way
of chastising you.
- 625. - Mama?
- 626. Mama, please see that I've gotta start to
try and get along with people better.
- 627. What are you going on
- 628. I've been invited to the prom.
- 629. The prom?
- 630. Yeah, the senior prom,
you know. Everybody's goin'.
- 631. It's that teacher that called...
- 632. Please see that
I'm not like you, Mama.
- 633. I'm funny. I mean,
all the kids think I'm funny.
- 634. I don't wanna be.
I wanna be normal.
- 635. I wanna start to try and be a whole person
before it's too late for me to...
- 636. His name is Tommy Ross.
- 637. - He's a very nice boy, Mama.
- 638. - He promised to stop in and meet you.
- I said no.
- 639. - Mama, I've accepted. I've accepted.
- I said no. No, no, no!
- 640. I've accepted!
- 641. - Come to your closet.
- 642. - After all you've been taught...
- Everyone isn't bad, Mama!
- 643. Everything isn't a sin!
- 644. Come to your closet and pray.
Ask to be forgiven.
- 645. He's a nice boy, Mama. You'll like him.
You'll really like him, Mama.
- 646. Boys.
- 647. The boys! The boys!
Yes, the boys...
- 648. After the blood
come the boys...
- 649. - Mama...
- Like sniffing dogs,
- 650. grinning and slobbering and trying
to find out where that smell comes from.
- 651. Where the smell is.
- 652. Listen, I know where they take them
in their cars, I've seen it all!
- 653. - Well, you're not going.
- Already said I would.
- 654. Tell that boy you're not going,
or we're gonna move from here!
- 655. No.
- 656. We'll move from here
and never see that boy again!
- 657. - Mama, please say that Tommy and me...
- The rain's coming in. I'm gonna close the window.
- 658. Mama, please sit and talk to me!
- 659. I'm gem', Mama.
- 660. And things are gonna change
- 661. Witch.
- 662. Got Satan's power.
- 663. It's nothin' to do
with Satan, Mama.
- 664. It's me. Me.
- 665. If I concentrate hard enough,
I can move things.
- 666. - Satan is clever.
- No, Mama.
- 667. I'm not the only one.
- 668. Other people can do it.
I read about it.
- 669. You poor child. Don't you know?
- 670. He doesn't let you know
he's working through you.
- 671. Mama... I know.
- 672. He entered your father
and carried him off!
- 673. - He ran away, Mama.
- The devil tempted him!
- 674. He ran away with a woman, Mama.
- 675. Everybody knows that.
- 676. You must renounce this power.
You must give it up. You must never use it.
- 677. I'm gem', Mama.
- 678. You can't stop me.
- 679. And I don't wanna
talk about it any more.
- 680. - You keep that damn light straight.
- Hurry up!
- 681. Watch it, you stupid shit!
You're getting blood all over the place!
- 682. Who you calling a stupid shit?
- 683. I mean, you can't even keep
that fuckin' light straight.
- 684. Just hurry up.
- 685. Yes, ma'am! We's doin' the bes' we can!
We really are, boss!
- 686. Hurry up. I wanna go home.
- 687. Just... keep your tits on.
- 688. And I'll let you pull the rope
when the time comes.
- 689. I plan to.
- 690. I know.
- 691. Ernest, listen tonight's prom night
and everything, right?
- 692. - I didn't know you were interested in going.
- What do you mean? I'm a student here, ain't I?
- 693. - I don't know. Are you?
- Sure I am. I got so much spirit in this school,
- 694. I wanna be on the committee.
- 695. You're a little late, Freddy. I could've used you
a week ago on the decorating committee.
- 696. No, I'm not late, Ernest. I'm right on time, pal.
You know, I wanna collect the ballots. You know,
- 697. for the king and queen and the voting,
and the, you know?
- 698. - Think we could arrange that?
- Okay. Can you be here at 6.30?
- 699. No. No, I can't be here at 6.30.
- 700. I'll be here at 8. How's 8?
- 701. - Yeah, that'll do. Okay.
- 8's fine with me. Okay, well, we'll see you then.
- 702. - Yeah, see you Freddy. Take it easy.
- I'll take it any way I can get it, pal.
- 703. Hey, Helen.
- 704. Helen!
- 705. Helen!
- 706. - What?
- Did you hear about Tommy Ross?
- 707. - What?
- Did you hear about Tommy Ross?
- 708. - What?
- He's taking Carrie White to the prom.
- 709. - No!
- 710. - When did that happen? He can't do that! Where's Sue?
- Yes, he can. He asked her.
- 711. - What's she gonna wear?
- Who, Carrie?
- 712. A sackcloth?
- 713. - Sweetie, keep those stars coming faster.
- They're coming.
- 714. What's this I hear about Tommy
taking Carrie to the prom?
- 715. Whatever you heard,
- 716. Why is he doing it?
Everybody is talking about it.
- 717. I asked him to
cause I thought I owed it to Carrie.
- 718. - Where's that put everybody else?
- They gotta deal with it in their own way.
- 719. - What do you mean?
- Oh... just something.
- 720. - Well, you're not going to the prom.
- Oh, I'll be here.
- 721. You'll be here?
What do you mean, you're going to the prom?
- 722. Shut up. I will tell you later.
You're gonna be in on it, don't worry about a thing.
- 723. I'm gonna be in on it? What?
- 724. I'll tell you later!
- 725. - I want to know now, Chris. You can't give me a hint?
- Just wait.
- 726. I won't tell anybody, I promise. I won't say
a word. I promise, I'm your best friend. Come on.
- 727. Okay.
- 728. - You gotta rent yourself a tuxedo for the prom.
- I know, I only got 10 bucks, though.
- 729. You can rent yourself a tuxedo!
You don't have to look great!
- 730. Hey.
- 731. Does this look nice?
- 732. He looks beautiful. You can look good.
Make a good impression for once in your life.
- 733. - Would you go out with me?
- Not with ruffles.
- 734. You don't have to get ruffles for yourself.
You always gotta make a joke, right?
- 735. - I don't like ruffles...
- You don't have to get ruffles!
- 736. Alright, now look at me, Beak.
Don't I look sharp?
- 737. It looks good on you,
but I don't look right in a tuxedo.
- 738. - How do you know? Have you ever put on a tuxedo?
- I don't have a tuxedo body.
- 739. - I know they have tuxedos here for you.
- But I wouldn't look right in it.
- 740. Wait a second.
I know just the tuxedo for him.
- 741. - Well, what do you think?
- I like it. I think it's terrific.
- 742. Look at that. No ruffles at all!
- 743. Red. I might've known it would be red.
- 744. It's pink, Mama.
- 745. Look what Tommy gave me, Mama.
- 746. Aren't they beautiful?
- 747. I can see your dirty pillows.
- 748. Everyone will.
- 749. Breasts, Mama.
- 750. They're called breasts.
- 751. And every woman has them.
- 752. Take off that dress.
- 753. No.
- 754. - We'll burn it together and pray for forgiveness.
- No, Mama.
- 755. Well, he's not coming.
- 756. He is coming, Mama.
Now stop it. I'm nervous enough.
- 757. No, he's not coming.
- 758. He's not gonna come.
- 759. Go away!
- 760. Stop it, Mama!
- 761. - Stop hurting yourself, Mama!
- I'm not!
- 762. He's gonna laugh at you!
They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 763. - They're not gonna laugh at me!
- It's not too late. You can stay here with me.
- 764. I don't wanna stay with you, Mama!
- 765. Look, I'll answer the door.
I'll tell him you're sick!
- 766. - I'll tell him you changed your mind!
- Be quiet.
- 767. Sit down! Be quiet!
- 768. Carrie, look. I'll tell him
you changed your mind!
- 769. Sit down!
- 770. Just sit there, Mama,
and don't say a word until I'm gone.
- 771. I'll be home early.
- 772. I love you, Mama.
- 773. Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
- 774. Tommy,
- 775. could we wait here
just a minute?
- 776. Are you scared?
- 777. Mm-hmm.
- 778. Maybe this was a mistake.
- 779. Oh, no.
It's not gonna be that bad.
- 780. They're a good crowd. Really.
- 781. Really.
- 782. Don't be so nervous.
- 783. Besides, I'd look awfully stupid
dancing by myself, wouldn't I?
- 784. Now come on.
- 785. Come on.
- 786. Ross, if I knew you'd look this sharp,
I would've taken you instead of, uh...
- 787. What's her name?
- 788. Don't bother about them.
If they self-destruct,
- 789. I'll dance with you.
- 790. Hey, where did you buy that dress?
I love it!
- 791. - Oh, I made it.
- Made it?
- 792. - The decorations... don't they look great?
- 793. - I'm so nervous.
- It's okay. You can sit with us.
- 794. - Hey, what time is it?
- 8 o'clock.
- 795. Gotta go.
- 796. - Where are you going?
- Just out.
- 797. See you later.
- 798. Sue!
- 799. - Would you like to dance?
- Could we just sit here for a minute?
- 800. Oh, sure.
- 801. Sure. Anything you want.
- 802. Carrie.
- 803. Hi, Miss Collins.
- 804. You look so pretty!
- 805. You, too. You look beautiful.
- 806. Thank you! I know I don't, not really,
but thank you, anyway.
- 807. May I sit down?
- 808. - Yeah. Chair...
- Thank you.
- 809. I'm gonna go
and talk to some people.
- 810. I remember my prom.
I had a date with the, uh...
- 811. the captain
of the basketball team.
- 812. And he was 6 feet,
7 inches tall, so
- 813. I bought a pair of 3-inch spike heels
so that our kiss goodnight would be, um...
- 814. less awkward.
Anyway, we went in his pick-up truck,
- 815. which of course broke down, and we
had to walk the last half-mile to the prom.
- 816. By the time I got there, my feet were
so blistered that all I could do was
- 817. just sit there. I couldn't dance.
So we just sat there and, uh... just talked.
- 818. And, uh,
- 819. it was... magic. Is it like that for you?
- 820. It's, um...
- 821. it's nice.
- 822. - Just nice?
- No...! It's...
- 823. It's like, uh...
- 824. - It's like being on Mars.
- You'll never forget it.
- 825. I don't think I will.
- 826. Thank you.
- 827. Hey, what's goin' on here?
- 828. What are you doing with my date?
- 829. - Oh, we're just talking, you know.
- 830. Have a lovely time, okay?
- 831. And you, too!
- 832. Bye.
- 833. Don't let me catch you
hugging any guys like that.
- 834. I won't.
- 835. Better not.
- 836. I won't.
- 837. Do you really have to be
home so early?
- 838. Yeah, I promised.
- 839. Okay.
- 840. - Sorry.
- That's all right.
- 841. Some of the kids are going
over to Nolston's after the prom.
- 842. That's okay.
- 843. What?
- 844. If you wanna go with your friends,
I don't wanna spoil anything.
- 845. Would you just let me finish?
- 846. What I was gonna say is that,
if you'd like to,
- 847. we could stop in at The Beehive
for a couple minutes.
- 848. - I've never been there.
- 849. Good! Well, then, let's go!
- 850. ' Okay
- 851. For sure. Great.
- 852. Are you ready to dance?
- 853. Tommy, I...
- 854. Come on.
- 855. I don't know how.
I can't, Tommy. I can't.
- 856. Sure you can.
- 857. Yeah, you can. Come on.
Give me your hand. Just put it right there.
- 858. - Like that?
- Yeah. Put this on my shoulder.
- 859. That's right.
- 860. Okay, just relax. All right?
- 861. Okay. Just listen to the music.
- 862. That's right.
- 863. See, you got it? That's good.
- 864. You're as good as
anyone else out here.
- 865. Got it?
- 866. - I'm sorry.
- That's all right.
- 867. - It's just...
- That's all right.
- 868. No harm...
- 869. No foul.
- 870. - I can't do anything.
- Yeah, you can.
- 871. I can't dance. I can't even...
I don't know.
- 872. - Tommy?
- 873. Why...
- 874. - Why what?
- Why am I here?
- 875. Because it's the prom.
- 876. Why am I here with you?
- 877. Because I asked you.
- 878. Why'd you ask me?
- 879. Because I wanted to.
- 880. Why'd you want to?
- 881. Because you liked my poem.
- 882. Only, I didn't write it.
Somebody else did.
- 883. Oh.
- 884. Carrie, we're here
- 885. and we're together
- 886. and I like it.
- 887. I do, I like it!
- 888. All right, ladies and gentlemen!
- 889. Ladies and gentlemen...
- 890. And you two
behave yourselves, okay?
- 891. Take your seats, please. We've gotta vote
for the king and the queen.
- 892. Tommy,
- 893. we're on here.
- 894. I know.
- 895. Do you wanna decline?
- 896. DO you?
- 897. Hell, no. If you win, all they do is put you
up there for a school song and a dance.
- 898. And then some guy takes
your picture for the yearbook,
- 899. so everyone can see
we look like a couple of idiots.
- 900. Anyway, it's the last year.
- 901. It's so beautiful!
- 902. Hey...
- 903. You're beautiful.
- 904. Well, who should we vote for?
They're more your crowd than mine.
- 905. I don't even have a crowd.
- 906. Let's vote for ourselves.
- 907. No.
- 908. Why not?
- 909. Please don't vote for ourselves.
- 910. Carrie...
- 911. Come on.
To the devil with false modesty.
- 912. The devil!
- 913. Billy! Shut up!
- 914. Will you close that
a little bit?
- 915. Jesus, you wanna get caught?
- 916. - That Carrie White, she sure is cute.
- Shut up.
- 917. - Thought you said they were gonna win.
- They will. Won't even be close.
- 918. I called in a few favors.
- 919. Can I have your ballot, please?
- 920. Hello, guys. Thank you.
- 921. Ballots?
Can I have your ballots, please?
- 922. - Thank you.
- Thanks, there.
- 923. Thank you.
- 924. Thank you, there.
- 925. Ballots, please. Thank you.
- 926. Thank you.
- 927. Freddy, hurry up, please.
- 928. - I'm coming, dear.
- 929. Good, good.
Thanks a lot there, Vic.
- 930. - Get all of them? Get them all?
- 931. They're right in back of you,
so start kicking.
- 932. - See you.
- Good luck.
- 933. More ballots? Thank you.
- 934. I have some more ballots
for you guys.
- 935. Thank you.
- 936. Ladies and gentlemen,
I've got the winners.
- 937. All right!
- 938. I give you Tommy Ross
and Carrie White!
- 939. They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 940. They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 941. They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 942. - Plug it up! Plug it up!
- They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 943. - Plug it up! Plug it up!
- They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 944. We're all sorry, Cassie.
- 945. - They're all gonna laugh at you!
- We're all sorry, Cassie.
- 946. Trust me, Carrie.
You can trust me.
- 947. Trust me, Carrie.
You can trust me.
- 948. Trust me, Carrie.
You can trust me.
- 949. Come on, let's go, Billy!
- 950. - They're all gonna laugh at you!
- We're sorry, Cassie.
- 951. They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 952. We're sorry, Cassie.
- 953. - Trust me, Carrie. You can trust me.
- They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 954. We're sorry, Cassie.
- 955. They're all gonna laugh at you!
- 956. We're sorry, Cassie.
- 957. Trust me, Carrie.
- 958. Somebody open this door!
- 959. Open this door now!
- 960. Help! Help!
- 961. Look at him!
- 962. Have these students calm down!
- 963. Mr Fromm! Mr Fromm!
- 964. Carrie!
- 965. Carrie...!
- 966. Mama?
- 967. Mama?
- 968. Mama? Mama, it was bad, Mama.
- 969. They laughed at me.
- 970. Mama, hold me.
- 971. Mama, please, hold me.
- 972. Hold me, Mama.
- 973. Please, hold me!
- 974. I should have killed myself
when he put it in me.
- 975. After the first time,
before we were married.
- 976. Ralph promised never again.
- 977. He promised, and I believed him.
- 978. But sin never dies.
- 979. Sin never dies.
- 980. At first it was all right.
- 981. We lived sinlessly.
- 982. We slept in the same bed,
but we never did it.
- 983. And then, that night,
- 984. I saw him looking down
at me that way.
- 985. We got down on our knees
to pray for strength.
- 986. I smelled the whisky
on his breath.
- 987. And he took me... he took me.
- 988. With the stink of the filthy
roadhouse whisky on his breath.
- 989. And I liked it.
- 990. I liked it!
- 991. Well, all that dirty touching
of his hands all over me...
- 992. I should have given you to God
when you were born.
- 993. But I was weak and backsliding.
- 994. But now the devil has come home.
- 995. Oh!
- 996. We'll Pray-
- 997. Yes.
- 998. We'll Pray-
- 999. We'll Pray-
- 1000. We'll Pray-
- 1001. For the last time,
- 1002. we'll Pray-
- 1003. Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
- 1004. Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done...
- 1005. [gasps 1
- 1006. AQhhQ
- 1007. Aah!
- 1008. Ohh!
- 1009. AQhhQ
- 1010. Aaghhh...!
- 1011. Aashna
- 1012. Aaaah!
- 1013. Hello?
- 1014. Oh, Betty, thank God it's you.
- 1015. I don't think I could have
handled one more reporter.
- 1016. Yeah, well,
we're all a little edgy.
- 1017. She's better. Well, uh,
sleeping too much, I guess,
- 1018. but Dr. Schnieder said that's to be
expected after all she's been through.
- 1019. Well, he said that she's young enough,
so that she'll forget all about it in time.
- 1020. No. I wouldn't let her go to the funerals,
with Tommy and all the others gone.
- 1021. It's best we just
go away for a while.
- 1022. It's all right!
- 1023. It's all right. I'm here.
It's all right.
- 1024. It's all right. I'm here.
- 1025. It's all right.