- 1. Hey, you sound cheerful today.
- 2. Are you at my place?
- 3. I'll finish this, then I'm on my way.
- 4. So you are not married.
- 5. No.
- 6. Lived together?
- 7. No, not really.
- 8. Never thought of marrying her
in ten years?
- 9. Well...
- 10. She wanted to pursue her career.
- 11. She what?
- 12. Are you sure?
- 13. But how did she get it?
- 14. That's her friend.
I know him.
- 15. I didn't know he was associated
- 16. I don't think she knew it.
- 17. He may've been in trouble...
- 18. so left it in her care
without telling her what it was.
- 19. Drugs?
You mean like cocaine?
- 20. Did you find any?
- 21. Not really.
- 22. I don't know.
- 23. No, I don't.
- 24. I really don't know.
- 25. Why?
- 26. Why commit suicide?
- 27. Hello...
Where have you been?
- 28. Stop turning off your mobile when you drink
- 29. Need to talk about clients
- 30. What?
- 31. Don't you remember me?
- 32. You bit my hand
and left this scar.
- 33. You staggered at the platform...
- 34. and were almost hit by a train.
So I grabbed you, remember?
- 35. Hey.
- 36. What was going on then?
- 37. What do you want?
- 38. Wanna do 'it', or what?
- 39. Sex. Don't you know?
- 40. Guys, someone wants to have sex with me.
- 41. Hi.
- 42. Nice to see ya.
- 43. Listen up...
I've got an early day tomorrow,
- 44. but I've got no time to play
with kids like you.
- 45. On top of that, I've got no money, Sonny.
- 46. I paid you back.
- 47. Paid back.
- 48. I think we robbed this guy before.
- 49. - Yeah, we sure did.
- We were playing the 'subway game'.
- 50. It was Chisato's turn.
- 51. He threw us his wallet
and ran away like a dog.
- 52. What's it with you today, pop?
- 53. Stand up.
- 54. Bring your money to our club.
- 55. You shouldn't tell him where.
- 56. Oh, he means no harm to us.
- 57. 'Cause he's a chicken shit.
- 58. Don't do anything funny,
or you'll be in trouble.
- 59. I'm already in deep shit.
- 60. Even a worm turns, so to speak
- 61. Ain't that right, Chisato?
- 62. Kiriko...
- 63. how did you get the gun?
- 64. How the hell did you get it?
- 65. What's so funny?
- 66. Our clients looked very satisfied.
- 67. My grand daughter's eyes are glued
to the TV whenever...
- 68. your commercials are on.
- 69. Goda, make yourself available
for next one, will you?
- 70. Sure.
- 71. - Well, then...
- See you.
- 72. He looks better.
- 73. Even at the loss of his girlfriend,
he doesn't take even a day off.
- 74. - You know...
- 75. How does one get a gun here?
- 76. What?
- 77. Oh that...
- 78. "Toy Gun Shop"
- 79. Shut your goddamn mouth up.
- 80. Sorry!
- 81. - Hold it right there.
- 82. You got any idea how much a gun costs?
- 83. How much?
- 84. 2 million for a gun and
500,000 yen for 5 bullets.
- 85. How much is it all together?
- 86. 2.5 million yen.
- 87. You got that right.
- 88. I'll get you the money tomorrow morning.
- 89. This is a deposit.
- 90. Umm...
- 91. You got a 'chief special'?
- 92. This is strictly between us.
- 93. If you got any problem,
come to me first.
- 94. Don't talk with anyone in the syndicate.
- 95. How has your son worked out so far?
- 96. He's just fine.
- 97. He used to be wild and got into fights...
- 98. when he was your son's age.
- 99. Me?
I don't remember.
- 100. You don't say.
- 101. But I think no one could've kicked
your ass when you were that age.
- 102. I was much younger.
- 103. The time was right after World War II.
- 104. No training needed then,
it was the way of life.
- 105. So much for my past.
- 106. You came to see my son?
- 107. Come on in.
Shigeo, your friends are here.
- 108. Hi. Please take this.
- 109. When you gonna rob somebody,
make sure he's weaker.
- 110. Thanks for your help then.
- 111. 'Chief Special'
- 112. No, no. I don't have it,
but I've got 'speed' and 'weed'
- 113. What's 'speed'?
- 114. It's 'shabu'.
- 115. You mean methedrine?
- 116. Good evening.
- 117. Thought you were at work. What's this?
- 118. Dismantle a gun.
Use tin foil to pass the custom check.
- 119. Import some parts,
then you can reassemble a gun.
- 120. Someone made
a real gun out of an old toy.
- 121. You mean illegally made?
- 122. Can't give you a receipt.
- 123. It's a toy gun, right?
Don't make any trouble for me.
- 124. The same size as this?
- 125. Yes, the size of a pencil holder.
- 126. This, too, the same size,
using this material...
- 127. I see.
- 128. I want to use it for a long time.
So please make it strong.
- 129. Wow, Idei gave us a lot.
- 130. Don't be an 'amateur'.
- 131. Here is your ticket to heaven.
- 132. You should try this, Goto.
- 133. I got it, Sugar.
- 134. You're stuck with real hard job, Honey.
- 135. It ain't a Utopia here.
- 136. Forget about ideal.
Then you start to feel better.
- 137. You got the money, pop. Good!
- 138. Where the hell are they?
- 139. I'll break their necks!
- 140. What's going on there?
- 141. That hurts, man!
- 142. Don't make the scene at my club.
- 143. Who's this guy?
- 144. He's nobody.
- 145. Get outta here, jerk!
- 146. - Did that jerk scare you?
- Not a chance.
- 147. Good girl, good.
- 148. How did you get this scar?
- 149. I got it recently.
- 150. The best I've ever felt.
- 151. I threw myself...
- 152. into a moving car.
- 153. What about this?
- 154. That's nothing.
A punk stabbed me with a knife.
- 155. Why do you take speed alone?
- 156. I don't want anyone to see me...
- 157. just like I'm eating or having sex.
- 158. You'll die...
- 159. 'Chisato Will Die at Midnight Tomorrow'
- 160. Who the hell cares!
- 161. What do you want from me?
- 162. What's it about tomorrow?
- 163. None of your business.
- 164. Tell me what'll happen?
- 165. It's a group of punks.
They're pushing us around...
- 166. so we'll whack 'em.
- 167. Where is it?
- 168. You want a day off?
- 169. You want me to tell it to our boss?
- 170. Are you out of your mind?
- 171. Hey!
- 172. You!
- 173. What's going on there?
- 174. What's that shitty face for?
- 175. Who the hell you think that car belongs to?
- 176. Get rid of him fast.
Shit! He's fucking heavy.
- 177. Me?
- 178. I'll find work like anybody else.
- 179. Can't go on like this forever.
- 180. I'll go to college
to study science and engineering.
- 181. - You know what?
- 182. I'll bring a bat with lots of
nails stuck in as a weapon.
- 183. How about yours?
- 184. Mine?
- 185. My fists will do.
I'll blow 'em away with my punches.
- 186. - Hope we can work together.
- I do, too.
- 187. I am off this way.
- 188. Listen, Goto.
- 189. Teach those punks a real lesson tonight.
- 190. Show 'em how serious we are.
- 191. You ain't scared, are you?
- 192. Idei...
- 193. I'll kill 'em for sure.
- 194. I was told you've got guns!
- 195. Give me a break!
No guns here.
- 196. Please! Sell one to me!
- 197. I want a 'Chief Special'.
I need it!
- 198. I've been watching you.
- 199. You'll get this if you do me a favour.
- 200. Marry me.
- 201. I can't go back to my country now.
- 202. I need more money to live here.
- 203. More and more.
- 204. I need a visa to stay here,
so getting married is the answer.
- 205. Let me ask you a question.
- 206. Was it his gun,
the guy who was killed?
- 207. He said to forget him if he died.
- 208. That's what I am doing now.
- 209. Do I sign and put my stamp here
- 210. I can be your 'wife' sometimes.
- 211. This is our wedding ceremony.
- 212. Kiriko...
- 213. There're a lot more punks than us.
- 214. We'll manage.
It's a matter of when we hit 'em.
- 215. Listen, Goda. You take care of that
tough lookin' guy.
- 216. Forget about the rest.
- 217. Well, let's see... you and you...
- 218. Move your asses now.
You get back in the car.
- 219. Hey, get back and stay there.
- 220. Meet me at our base!
- 221. Meet me there, guys!
- 222. I'm coming you, Sucker!
Get ready for my fists.
- 223. Here they come!
- 224. Take that shortcut!
- 225. These guys got no guts.
- 226. 'CHISATO WILL DIE'
- 227. Hold it right there!
- 228. Let's see...
- 229. So it looks like we got into a gun fight.
- 230. In that case...
- 231. Carry this guy to my club.
- 232. Take this one back to his place.
- 233. Chisato and Goto, you do that.
- 234. Don't take him to hospital.
- 235. Make sure you grab that thing...
- 236. on your way out.
- 237. Hey...
- 238. You wanna die?
- 239. Did you send this to Goto?
- 240. I've been watching you.
Who did you send it to?
- 241. Take it easy on that speed, will you?
- 242. I never touch.
- 243. What?
- 244. That shit.
I've never done it.
- 245. What's on your mind?
- 246. Don't go too far.
- 247. What do you care?
- 248. Why are you...
always in the fast lane?
- 249. Mind your own business.
- 250. My girlfriend...
- 251. Why did she...
- 252. kill herself?
- 253. All right, sucker! I tell you why.
- 254. It was you who killed her.
- 255. It's your fault.
- 256. You don't know you're such
a selfish bastard!
- 257. You care only about yourself and...
- 258. will never understand her feelings.
- 259. But then again, it's not only you.
- 260. I know there're many people
like you in this world.
- 261. They all killed her.
- 262. Go ahead.
- 263. Pull the trigger!
- 264. Do it yourself.
- 265. No, I didn't mean it.
- 266. Like you said...
- 267. I am the one who
didn't want to get married
- 268. Never mind. It's not your fault.
- 269. I've never taken marriage seriously.
- 270. I think I've been trying not
to see things that are important to me.
- 271. People have kids because they need
a reason to keep living.
- 272. Or else I'll get lost just like a kite
in the wind without a string.
- 273. This is an answering machine...
- 274. so please leave your
message after the tone.
- 275. Goda, it's about the assignments.
- 276. I found a director to do the commercials.
- 277. Kiriko...
- 278. my string...
will break soon.
- 279. Let's have...
- 280. our own kid.
- 281. Give us your money now!
- 282. Who do you think you are?
- 283. Grab it.
- 284. Hey, the whole town knows
what you're doing.
- 285. Keep it down...
- 286. will you?
- 287. Go out and shoot the bum
under the highway.
- 288. That bum stinks.
- 289. Do it quietly.
- 290. Goto, you go.
Congratulations on your job.
- 291. Who you're staring at?
We all know about it.
- 292. A business suit will look good on you.
- 293. Never mind the bum.
Kill anyone who disgusts you...
- 294. and then you can redeem
- 295. In your dreams,
you kill people but don't get caught.
- 296. The whole thing about Tokyo is a dream.
- 297. We are all in the fucking dream.
- 298. please leave your
message after the tone.
- 299. Hello...
- 300. Goto has been standing...
- 301. at a place with a gun in his hand
for an hour.
- 302. If he gets caught with the gun...
- 303. you will never get it again.
- 304. You care less now?
- 305. No...
- 306. I do care.
- 307. I need it for once.
- 308. Where is he now?
- 309. In front of a police station.
- 310. Are you sure about that?
- 311. Of course I am.
- 312. I'm here now.
- 313. He's right there.
- 314. Goto was riding his bicycle...
- 315. but that cop thought he stole it
- 316. and treated him like a criminal.
- 317. The cop is just a dirty-mind
in a uniform.
- 318. Goto hates a man in uniform
who looks down on others.
- 319. Hey, you!
- 320. Hold it right there.
- 321. Yes?
- 322. There you are again.
- 323. That bicycle looks different
to the one you had before.
- 324. Where to?
- 325. Come over here.
- 326. Come here, I said.
- 327. You come here.
- 328. You say what?
- 329. Let see...
- 330. You covered the registration number
with paint here.
- 331. See? I can't let you go free.
- 332. You'd better come with me.
- 333. Let's talk somewhere else.
- 334. Shut the fuck up. My time is too
precious for a punk like you.
- 335. Excuse me...
- 336. That punk!
- 337. Hello.
- 338. Stop this shit.
- 339. Give it to me.
- 340. No way.
- 341. Maybe you'll do.
- 342. Shit!
- 343. I'm in chaos.
It would be easier to give the gun back.
- 344. It takes years of training to turn
one's body into iron like yours.
- 345. Where the hell are you?
- 346. Hey, tell me!
- 347. Hey!
- 348. Gang's fight?
- 349. A boxer was shot to death.
- 350. A boxer!
- 351. Our business has made us a lot of enemies.
- 352. But in this case...
- 353. shooting the boxer
just might be the end of all of us.
- 354. Radar captures our movements
by 0. I seconds and...
- 355. calculates the subsequent moves
up to two years in a row.
- 356. That means we can't fight our destiny.
- 357. The door...
- 358. was open.
- 359. I want to...
- 360. ask you a favour.
- 361. Two of our guys were killed.
- 362. The rest can't step out of the club.
- 363. It's only a matter of time
'till the shooter finds us.
- 364. - Is it too much to ask of you to join
me against the shooter? - I'll do it.
- 365. I'm scared.
- 366. We won't do it then.
- 367. It's not that.
- 368. I am scared 'cause what if I make it?
- 369. You don't know what you're doing!
- 370. Why him?
- 371. Do you really think he'd be any help?
- 372. You gave him the gun!
- 373. He may be the one who killed our friends!
- 374. Do you hear me?
- 375. Don't worry,
I won't use it on you.
- 376. Let him help us.
- 377. If that's what he wants to do.
- 378. You'd better do what you like.
- 379. We're stuck in an endless game.
- 380. What's wrong with you?
- 381. Hey, Chisato.
- 382. You'd better take a rest.
- 383. Hey.
- 384. No, mum!
I won't be home for dinner.
- 385. Kids...
- 386. don't play bad games.
- 387. Well...
- 388. let's get outta here.
- 389. So long.
- 390. Shinya Tsukamoto as Goda
- 391. Kirina Mano as Chisato
- 392. Tatsuya Nakamura as ldei
- 393. Takahiro Murase as Goto
- 394. Kyouka Suzuki as Kiriko
- 395. Hisashi lgawa as Shooter
- 396. Executive Producer, Cinematographer, Lighting;
Production Designer and Editor: Shinya Tsukamoto
- 397. Chu Ishikawa
- 398. Assistant directors: Kiyohide
Otani, and Shinichi Kawahara
- 399. Michiya Tenma
- 400. Hiroko lwasaki
- 401. Kan Takahama
- 402. Takashi Oda
- 403. Producer for Foreign Affairs: Kiyo JOO
- 404. Kiyo JOO
- 405. Written and Directed by Shinya TSUKAMOTO
- 406. All rights reserved by Kaijyu
Theater Co., Ltd. 1998