- 1. Police found her in the street.
- 2. Looks like she was bitten
by some kind of an animal.
- 3. Jesus. Her water's broken.
She's going into uterine contractions.
- 4. We have to do a C-section.
- 5. - What you got down there, little man?
- That's my heat-seeker.
- 6. I'll bet it is.
- 7. - So where we going?
- It's a surprise, baby.
- 8. Yeah, I like surprises. Yeah.
- 9. Oh, my God.
- 10. What the fuck are we doing here?
- 11. Whoo. Look at all that.
- 12. What the fuck is that?
- 13. Hey-
- 14. What did you just say?
- 15. Wow.
- 16. Hey, what's up? Oh, man.
- 17. Whoo! All right.
- 18. Yeah. Whoo!
- 19. What's happening?
- 20. Hey, man.
- 21. Fuck.
- 22. Fuck, I need a drink.
- 23. No. No.
- 24. What's wrong, baby?
- 25. No!
- 26. Oh, no.
- 27. Shut up, man.
- 28. Is that him?
Jesus, it's him.
- 29. It's the Day Walker.
- 30. Come on, Day Walker!
- 31. Hey! I'm gonna rip
your fucking head off.
- 32. - Look out! Hey, out of the way!
- Get out of there!
- 33. That's him. That's him.
Get him. Fuck him up.
- 34. We're gonna jack you up.
Make him hurt bad. Whoo!
- 35. Quinn...
- 36. I'm getting a little tired
of chopping you up.
- 37. Thought I might try fire, for a change.
- 38. Give my regards to Frost.
- 39. No, please. Please don't.
- 40. Over here, sergeant.
- 41. - Put him out.
- Yes, sir.
- 42. Paramedics, coming through.
- 43. Got a charred cadaver here for you.
It's still warm too.
- 44. One, two, three.
- 45. Oh, Jesus, that's rank.
- 46. Paramedics said he was
still screaming when they found him...
- 47. stapled to a wall.
- 48. That's very pretty.
- 49. Did you check the chem panel?
Blood sugar's three times the norm.
- 50. Phosphorus and uric acid
are off the charts.
- 51. You took this off a DOA?
- 52. Yeah.
- 53. But this doesn't make any sense.
- 54. The red blood cells are biconvex,
which is impossible.
- 55. Look at the polys, they're binucleated.
- 56. - Okay, Curtis, it's 3:00 in the morning—
- This is not a joke.
- 57. I've got the body sitting in the morgue
- 58. I thought you promised
to give me some distance.
- 59. I just want you to come down
and take a look.
- 60. Okay. Show me the body.
- 61. And I don't wanna hear
a word about us.
- 62. Done. We've had that conversation.
- 63. You haven't started
on the internal organs yet?
- 64. No, just a blood sample
through the pericardium.
- 65. The maxilla looks a little deformed.
- 66. There's some odd muscle structure
around the canines.
- 67. I'm gonna go ahead start the Y
and check the tracheal mucosa.
- 68. Let me ask you something.
- 69. Honestly.
- 70. You ever have second thoughts
- 71. Sometimes.
- 72. But then I remember
how much of an asshole you were.
- 73. You wanna cut me some slack here?
- 74. You asked for some time off,
I gave you some time off.
- 75. - Look, Curtis, it's over.
- I'm trying. Really, I am.
- 76. Call security!
- 77. Came back to finish you off.
- 78. Get out of my way, you freak.
- 79. Freeze!
- 80. Motherfucker,
are you out of your damn mind?
- 81. He's there, right there.
- 82. - Go.
- Hey, you, freeze.
- 83. Come on. Come on.
- 84. Keep going. Keep going.
- 85. Come back out.
- 86. Go.
He can't get out.
- 87. - Freeze!
- Hold it right there.
- 88. Don't do it.
- 89. My shoulder...
- 90. is dislocated.
- 91. I feel rivers overflowing
- 92. Whistler.
- 93. Whistler.
- 94. Bringing home strays now?
- 95. She's been bitten.
- 96. Should've killed her, then.
- 97. Yeah, I know...
- 98. but I didn't.
- 99. You watch her close.
She starts to turn, you finish her off.
- 100. Or I Will.
- 101. She's borderline.
- 102. Another hour,
she'd be well into the change.
- 103. Dr. Karen Jenson, listen close.
- 104. I'm gonna inject you
with allium sativum. Garlic.
- 105. This is gonna hurt a lot.
- 106. It was Quinn.
- 107. Frost's little errand boy?
- 108. - You get a lead on him?
- 109. Too bad.
- 110. Hold her.
- 111. I give her fifty-fifty,
if she makes it through the night.
- 112. Blade, the Day Walker.
- 113. Still pursuing his ridiculous crusade.
- 114. How many died?
- 115. We don't have an exact count.
Apparently, he used a lot of silver.
- 116. - We're having difficulty—
- Send in Frost.
- 117. Deacon Frost.
- 118. You can come in now.
- 119. These nightclubs of yours
- 120. Are they?
- 121. They draw needless attention
to our kind. You know our policy.
- 122. Your policy, not mine.
- 123. Our livelihood...
- 124. depends on our ability to blend in...
- 125. on our discretion.
- 126. Maybe it's time
we forgot about discretion.
- 127. We should be ruling the humans...
- 128. not running around
making back-alley treaties with them.
- 129. For fuck's sake,
these people are our food not our allies.
- 130. - You're out of line, Frost.
- Am I?
- 131. Maybe I'm just the first to say out loud
what we've all been thinking.
- 132. We have existed this way
for thousands of years.
- 133. Who are you to challenge our ways?
- 134. You're not even a pureblood.
- 135. Like it matters.
- 136. I was born a vampire...
- 137. as was every other member
of this house.
- 138. But, you, Frost...
- 139. you were merely turned.
- 140. The world belongs to us,
not the humans.
- 141. You know that.
- 142. Do we have any other business
- 143. Well, there's the matter of our offshore
accounts. We're having difficulty—
- 144. And have you made the transfer—?
- 145. Gaetano, you may wake up one day
and find yourself extinct.
- 146. - You're a week early.
- 147. Whistler says I'm building up
a resistance to the serum.
- 148. Yeah, I figured that might happen.
- 149. You take care, all right?
- 150. I must be getting soft
in my old age...
- 151. letting you bring home
a stray like that.
- 152. It was damn stupid of you.
You might have lucked out though.
- 153. I checked her background.
- 154. Turns out she's a hematologist.
- 155. She might be useful to us.
- 156. I doubt it.
- 157. I'm serious.
- 158. I took a look at that notebook of hers.
She's on to something.
- 159. I had to increase the dose.
- 160. It's over 50 milligrams now.
That's getting dangerous.
- 161. Just do it, old man.
- 162. Wander off the beaten path, doctor?
- 163. Who are you people?
- 164. My name's Abraham Whistler.
- 165. You've met Blade.
- 166. So am I a prisoner here?
- 167. Not at all.
- 168. We just had to take certain precautions
before we let you go.
- 169. You gotta understand,
- 170. Vampires.
- 171. The Hominis nocturna.
- 172. We hunt them, you see.
- 173. Moving from one city to the next
tracking their migrations.
- 174. They're hard to kill.
- 175. - They tend to regenerate.
- And I'm supposed to believe all this?
- 176. Well, you already met Mr. Crispy
at the hospital.
- 177. What do you think?
- 178. So, what do you use, then?
- 179. Crosses don't do squat.
Some of the legends are true, though.
- 180. Vampires are severely allergic to silver.
- 181. Feed them garlic
and they go into anaphylactic shock.
- 182. Then, of course, there's always sunlight,
- 183. I got this sucker running.
You wanna give it a try tonight?
- 184. Still heavy.
- 185. But you're so big.
- 186. If you wanna live to see another day,
you'll be out of town by nightfall.
- 187. So where am I supposed to go?
- 188. You've been exposed to them.
- 189. One way or another,
somebody's gonna take you out.
- 190. There's a war going on out there.
- 191. Blade, myself, a few others...
- 192. we've tried to keep it
from spilling over onto the streets...
- 193. but sometimes, people like yourself
get caught in the crossfire.
- 194. I have blood samples.
I can go to the police.
- 195. They own the police.
- 196. You have to understand,
- 197. Chances are you've seen them yourself
and didn't know it.
- 198. On the subway or in a bar.
- 199. So that's it?
- 200. You guys just patch me up
and send me on my way.
- 201. Here. Vampire Mace.
- 202. Silver nitrate, essence of garlic.
- 203. You keep your eyes open.
- 204. Be careful.
- 205. One other thing...
- 206. buy yourself a gun.
- 207. If you start getting sensitive
- 208. if you find you're thirsty, regardless
of how much you've had to drink...
- 209. then I suggest you take that gun
and use it on yourself.
- 210. Better that than the alternative.
- 211. You have been warned before.
- 212. These archives are restricted
to the members of the House of Erebus.
- 213. You are wasting your time.
It's a dead language.
- 214. The ancient texts
can never be translated.
- 215. You wouldn't even understand them.
- 216. Damn it, Frost, I'm talking to you!
- 217. Shh.
- 218. Keep your voice down, Gaetano.
- 219. We're in a library.
You don't need to shout.
- 220. What are you up to, Frost?
- 221. What are you gonna do? Hm?
- 222. What?
- 223. You bore me.
- 224. Remember what we told you.
- 225. You keep your eyes open.
- 226. But it's daytime.
- 227. Hey, hey, hey, that's mine.
Spare some change?
- 228. Anything else?
No, that's it.
- 229. How you doing?
- 230. I'm sorry. Whoa, whoa! Hold on.
Hold on. Hold on. I'm a police officer.
- 231. I'm sorry, okay? Police officer.
I didn't mean to scare you.
- 232. - The front door was open.
- What are you doing in here?
- 233. I'm just here on a routine check.
- 234. Look, I'm Officer Krieger,
- 235. You're Karen Jenson, right?
- 236. Yeah.
- 237. Your co-workers at the hospital said
that you were kidnapped last night.
- 238. Are you okay?
- 239. What happened
to the other doctor I was with?
- 240. Curtis Webb, he died.
- 241. No, look, don't worry about that
right now, okay?
- 242. - Why?
- Because you're dead too, bitch.
- 243. Son of a bitch, what is this?
- 244. What is this, garlic?
- 245. Yeah, well,
he said it would work against vampires.
- 246. Vampires?
- 247. Who said I was a vampire, huh?
- 248. Nobody.
- 249. He's a familiar.
- 250. A vampire wannabe.
- 251. If he's loyal enough...
- 252. and he proves himself,
maybe his master will turn him.
- 253. Wait a minute. You used me as bait?
- 254. Get over it.
- 255. Is all that necessary?
- 256. That's a glyph, a vampire cattle brand.
- 257. It means Officer Krieger here
is somebody's property.
- 258. Another vampire tries to bleed
this little hooker...
- 259. then they have to answer
to his owner.
- 260. Deacon Frost.
We've been tracking him for a long time.
- 261. All right, Officer Krieger, you gonna be
a good little bloodhound, huh?
- 262. Tell us what your master's been up to?
- 263. Great, now you're robbing him.
You gonna rob me too?
- 264. How do you think that
we fund this organization, huh?
- 265. We're not exactly the March of Dimes.
- 266. It's fake.
- 267. Well, looks like our friend here's
been blood running.
- 268. Hillburn Clinic.
I know this place, it's a blood bank.
- 269. Owned by vampires,
and there's one in every city.
- 270. And they always deliver.
So where were you taking it?
- 271. I don't know what you're talking—
- 272. Look, take it easy.
- 273. I'm only gonna ask you one more time.
Where were you taking it?
- 274. Go fuck yourself.
- 275. - Fuck me? No, you suck this.
- No, look.
- 276. Get out of the way.
- 277. Oh, my God.
- 278. Look, right over there.
- 279. You better wake up.
- 280. The world you live in
is just a sugarcoated topping.
- 281. There is another world beneath it,
the real world.
- 282. And if you wanna survive it,
you'd better learn to pull the trigger.
- 283. Wait a minute. I'm coming with you.
- 284. You're useless.
- 285. I have to stick with you.
- 286. It's the only way that I'll stay alive
long enough to find a cure for myself.
- 287. There is no cure.
- 288. He's not gonna come back.
- 289. Nobody's that stupid.
- 290. When you understand
the nature of a thing...
- 291. you know what it's capable of.
- 292. - It's Krieger. I'm at 16009.
- 293. - Get me Pearl.
- Pearl is feeding.
- 294. I got a delivery from Frost here
and I just had a run-in with Blade.
- 295. We've gotta clear out
that clinic on Hillburn now.
- 296. Looks like we hit pay dirt.
That's a vampire mark.
- 297. It means there's a safe house
around here somewhere.
- 298. A place they can go if dawn is coming.
- 299. See the valets over there?
- 300. So is the doorman.
- 301. And the whore on the corner.
- 302. - How can you tell?
- By the way they move.
- 303. The way they smell.
- 304. It's like a bad dream.
- 305. There's worse things out tonight
- 306. - Like what?
- Like me.
- 307. Okay, Vampire Anatomy 101.
- 308. Crosses and running water don't do dick,
forget what you've seen in movies.
- 309. You use a stake, silver, or sunlight.
You know how to use one of these?
- 310. - No, but I damn sure learn quick.
- Safety's off, round's chambered.
- 311. Silver hollow-point filled with garlic.
Aim for the head or the heart.
- 312. Anything else is your ass.
- 313. Do you have an invitation?
- 314. Keri".
- 315. Where's the entrance?
- 316. I can't tell you that, man, if—
- 317. I'm gonna ask you one more time.
Where's the entrance?
- 318. Okay. Look, it's in the freezer.
- 319. Come on, man, I told you!
It's in the fridge!
- 320. - Okay.
- You give Frost a message from me.
- 321. You tell him it's open season
on all suck-heads.
- 322. Some kind of archive.
- 323. This must be where
they keep most of their records.
- 324. Isn't this just a little high-tech?
- 325. They've got their claws into everything.
Politics, finance, real estate.
- 326. They already own half of downtown.
- 327. Hey, how's it going?
I'm surprised they were there.
- 328. Frost throws a good party.
- 329. Yeah, but where is he?
- 330. Come on, baby.
- 331. Don't keep everyone waiting.
- 332. Deacon,
there's someone here to see you.
- 333. I gotta talk to you, Frost.
- 334. I'm sorry. I had to come here.
- 335. It's a mistake going to Pearl's.
I know that. Dumb fucking me.
- 336. - I know you're disappointed.
- Am I that transparent?
- 337. - You wanna meet him?
- 338. I can get you guys in with him,
we're tight. We're like brothers.
- 339. Fuck. Frost—
- 340. - Hey.
- 341. Deac, Deac, I've been telling
these bitches all about you, man.
- 342. They've been dying to meet you.
- 343. They are so psyched,
these badass bitches. I meet them...
- 344. - Nice.
- 345. Frost, it's about Blade.
- 346. He's busy.
When he's focused on something...
- 347. he doesn't have time to fuck around.
Frost, this is important.
- 348. Blade was waiting for me.
Look, they're using the girl as bait.
- 349. - And you were stupid enough to take it.
- Shut up, bitch.
- 350. I didn't know he was gonna be there.
It was a trap, see?
- 351. But don't worry, it's no problem.
We can still get the girl.
- 352. Yeah.
- 353. - Whoo!
- 354. Oh, come on.
- 355. - Oh, yes.
- All right.
- 356. Forget the girl. I want Blade.
- 357. I know you do.
- 358. You hear me, Quinn? I want him alive.
- 359. What?
- 360. Wait a minute, man.
You want him alive?
- 361. What's that smell?
- 362. Study the image carefully, Frost.
- 363. You will need 12 purebloods
to make the ritual work.
- 364. Krieger, is that you?
- 365. He's here. He's here.
- 366. This must be Pearl, the record keeper.
- 367. He's here.
- 368. He's going to kill me.
You need me, Frost. You need me.
- 369. Pearl, you're history.
- 370. Have the good grace
to die with some fucking dignity.
- 371. Frost, you useless bloodsucker.
- 372. - Congratulations, Blade.
- 373. I hear you've been looking for me.
- 374. It'll pass.
- 375. Fuck.
- 376. - What is that?
- That, biscuit boy, is a UV lamp.
- 377. We're gonna play a little game
of 20 questions.
- 378. Depending on how you answer,
you may walk out of here with a tan.
- 379. What's that?
- 380. Oh, that? Oh, it's nothing.
It's routine research.
- 381. Actually, it's a video game.
- 382. That must have hurt.
- 383. - It's a fragment, a piece of the prophecy.
- What prophecy?
- 384. Oh, I'm not really sure.
There's so many. How could I—?
- 385. And there is nothing you can do about it,
- 386. Is that so?
- 387. Well, that's what Frost says.
- 388. Then you won't mind me borrowing this
for a while, will you?
- 389. If he moves, fry him.
- 390. What's in here?
- 391. Nothing. It's a storeroom.
You're wasting your time.
- 392. There's nothing of importance
- 393. - Then you won't mind if I take a peek.
- 394. He moved.
- 395. What is this?
- 396. These are the pages
from the Book of Erebus.
- 397. The vampire Bible.
- 398. It contains everything...
- 399. their entire history.
- 400. La Magra must be one of their legends.
- 401. Why is Frost so interested
in La Magra?
- 402. Shh!
- 403. Give me your hand.
- 404. Do you remember me?
- 405. Give it to him!
- 406. Hey. Hey! Nice one.
- 407. Well, well, well.
You took my arm, man.
- 408. Remember? But it's cool.
- 409. I got a new one.
- 410. Think I'll ever play piano again?
- 411. You can slice him, you can dice him,
but the Quinn man just keeps on coming.
- 412. Check it out. I've got his pig-sticker.
- 413. You're a fuckup, Crease.
- 414. You're a fuckup. "I got his pig-sticker."
- 415. You're just full of surprises,
ain't you, chief?
- 416. Stay away from me, sweetness...
- 417. because I'm not finished
with you yet.
- 418. Lookie here.
- 419. Silver. Nice craftsmanship, huh?
- 420. Probably cost you a pretty penny.
- 421. Now, this here is a man
who takes his job...
- 422. just a little too seriously,
don't you think?
- 423. Come to think of it, Blade,
I owe you one.
- 424. Actually, if you wanna get technical,
- 425. I owe you two.
- 426. What's so funny, bright eyes?
- 427. I'm expecting company.
- 428. Catch you fuckers at a bad time?
- 429. No, no guns!
- 430. No, no, no! You idiots!
- 431. No, fuck him. Get Blade!
- 432. You asshole!
- 433. Move it!
- 434. Idiots, stop it, now! I need him!
Deac wants Blade alive! Go!
- 435. You've been listening the whole time?
- 436. Radio contact.
- 437. Think I'd let him run loose
without a chaperone?
- 438. Christ, I'm too old for this.
- 439. Somebody get me
a goddamn wheelchair.
- 440. Whistler.
- 441. He can take care of himself. Jump.
- 442. What are you gonna do?
- 443. Oh, my God.
- 444. What's wrong?
- 445. It's dislocated.
- 446. Let me help you.
- 447. Let me help you.
- 448. - Here, let me give you a hand—
- No. Get away.
- 449. You're one of them, aren't you?
- 450. No. I'm something else.
- 451. I found him when he was 13.
- 452. He'd been living on the streets,
feeding off the homeless.
- 453. His need for blood
had taken hold at puberty.
- 454. I took him for a vampire at first.
- 455. Almost killed him too.
- 456. Then I realized what he was.
- 457. Blade's mother was attacked
by a vampire while she was pregnant.
- 458. She died, but he lived.
- 459. Unfortunately,
he'd undergone certain genetic changes.
- 460. He can withstand garlic, silver,
- 461. And he's got their strength.
- 462. This time tomorrow,
all those wounds of his will be healed.
- 463. He still ages like a human, though.
- 464. See, vampires age slower than us.
- 465. Unfortunately,
he also inherited their thirst.
- 466. I thought the serum
was supposed to suppress that.
- 467. Time's running out.
- 468. His body's starting to reject it.
- 469. So far, all my efforts
to find a cure have failed.
- 470. Why do you hunt them?
- 471. I had a family once.
- 472. A wife, two daughters.
- 473. Then a drifter came calling one evening.
- 474. He toyed with them first.
- 475. Tried to make me decide
which order they'd die in.
- 476. We kill as many of them as we can find,
but it's getting worse.
- 477. Because of Frost.
- 478. There's something happening
in the vampire ranks.
- 479. It's something big.
- 480. And I'd stake my life
that son of a bitch is at the center of it.
- 481. Blade?
- 482. Whistler told me what happened.
- 483. He told me what you are.
- 484. You don't know me.
- 485. You don't know anything about me.
- 486. I'm not human.
- 487. You look human to me—
- 488. Humans don't drink blood.
- 489. That was a long time ago.
- 490. Maybe you should let that go.
- 491. I have spent my whole life looking
for that thing that killed my mother...
- 492. and made me what I am.
- 493. And every time
I take one of those monsters out...
- 494. I get a little piece of that life back.
- 495. So don't you tell me about forgetting.
- 496. My fault? He took us by surprise!
- 497. Two of them against
your entire security force?
- 498. Don't put that shit on me,
you were there too.
- 499. I'm sure Deacon will appreciate
our cutback in payroll.
- 500. - Ow! You little skeez.
- The amputee lifestyle really suits you.
- 501. I should put this stump
through that grin.
- 502. Face it, angel. You were sloppy.
You got what you deserved.
- 503. Deac, let me take this guy out, man.
- 504. Look what he fucking did!
He took my hand again!
- 505. Listen to me. I want him alive.
- 506. What the fuck are you talk—?
- 507. You want him alive? We've been trying
to kill this motherfucker for years.
- 508. Are you out of your fucking mind?
- 509. Shh. Big guy, relax.
- 510. Be patient.
- 511. We got a lot to do here.
- 512. I need you, man.
- 513. - I need you.
- 514. Good morning.
- 515. How you feeling?
- 516. Look at that.
- 517. Ooh! Getting a little toasty
out here, huh?
- 518. When was the last time you stopped
to appreciate a good sunrise?
- 519. That's right, you were born a vampire,
so you never had the pleasure, have you?
- 520. That's okay. It's all right.
- 521. At least we're here together.
Share the moment.
- 522. Which means a lot to me
by the way, really.
- 523. I mean that.
- 524. Because actually,
when you get to know me...
- 525. I'm a fairly sentimental type of guy.
- 526. Bit of an innocent, you might say.
- 527. Do what you want, Frost.
- 528. Doesn't make any difference.
- 529. You just don't fucking get it.
- 530. - You're never gonna be a pureblood.
- Hold him.
- 531. You will never rule us.
- 532. Jesus Christ. Have a nice day.
- 533. Sorry, you old dog. You just got
a little too long in the teeth.
- 534. What, man? That was funny.
"Long, tooth." It's funny, man.
- 535. Did I tell you the one
about the leprechaun—?
- 536. What have you done with Dragonetti?
- 537. Let's get down to business, shall we?
- 538. I need 12 volunteers.
- 539. Whistler.
- 540. What is this?
- 541. Smells like a vampire
wiped his ass with it.
- 542. I took it from the archives.
- 543. It's written in blood.
It's from the Book of Erebus.
- 544. I think it's what Frost
has been working on.
- 545. It's something about
the blood god, the Spirits of the 12.
- 546. I don't know.
I can't make out the rest of it.
- 547. Well, maybe this'll help.
- 548. We'll figure out something.
- 549. So, what's all of this?
- 550. Took a trip to the hospital last night,
borrowed some equipment.
- 551. For your miracle cure?
- 552. This is EDTA: It's an anticoagulant.
- 553. We use it to treat blood clots.
- 554. Look what happens when I introduce it
onto a sample of vampire blood.
- 555. Take a step back.
- 556. The reaction's energetic.
- 557. - Some cure.
- I didn't say EDTA was a cure.
- 558. But maybe you could use it
to explode some vampire heads.
- 559. Wait a minute.
I need a sample of your blood.
- 560. Later. I gotta go downtown.
- 561. - I need some serum.
- Serum can wait.
- 562. This is important.
- 563. - Is he sick?
- 564. You have a lot of love for him,
- 565. We have a good arrangement.
He makes the weapons, I use them.
- 566. You know, my mother used to say,
"A cold heart is a dead heart."
- 567. You don't look so good.
- 568. I'm just a little tired.
You know, we've been working all night.
- 569. I guess we didn't catch it in time.
- 570. You got another day, two at the most.
- 571. For what it's worth, I'm sorry.
- 572. You make it sound like
I'm already dead.
- 573. Blade.
- 574. How you doing, chief?
- 575. Easy.
- 576. Wouldn't want our little friend here...
- 577. to wind up on the back
of a milk carton, would we?
- 578. It's nice to finally meet you, man.
Had my eye on you for years.
- 579. I know all about you.
Your serum, Whistler, everything.
- 580. Sunblock.
- 581. Hey, it's a start, right?
- 582. The goal, of course, is to be like you.
A Day Walker.
- 583. You got the best of both worlds,
- 584. All our strengths,
none of our weaknesses.
- 585. Well, maybe I don't see it that way.
- 586. Oh, so it's back to pretending
we're human again?
- 587. Come on.
Spare me the Uncle Tom routine, okay?
- 588. You can't keep denying
what you are, man.
- 589. You think the humans will ever accept
a half-breed like you? They can't.
- 590. They're afraid of you.
- 591. And they should be. You're an animal.
- 592. You're a fucking maniac.
- 593. Look at them. They're cattle.
- 594. Pieces of meat.
- 595. What difference does it make
how their world ends?
- 596. Plague, war, famine.
- 597. Morality doesn't even enter into it.
- 598. We're just a function
of natural selection, man. The new race.
- 599. Looks like your mascara's running.
- 600. I'm offering you a truce.
I want you with us.
- 601. What, do you think I'm stupid?
- 602. You're familiar with the blood god.
- 603. Frost...
- 604. you're nothing to me...
- 605. but another dead vampire.
- 606. You're an idiot, you know that?
- 607. I came down here
offering you an easy way out...
- 608. and you spit it right back
in my fucking face.
- 609. Careful.
- 610. What do I care?
- 611. They're nothing but cattle,
just like you said.
- 612. If you wanna take the hard road,
be my guest, pal.
- 613. But I promise you,
by the time this is over...
- 614. you're gonna wish they never cut you
from your mother's womb.
- 615. Go home.
- 616. It's simple.
Why do vampires need to drink blood?
- 617. Because their own blood
can't sustain hemoglobin.
- 618. Right. So it's a genetic defect
just like hemolytic anemia.
- 619. That means that we have to treat it
with gene therapy.
- 620. Rewrite the victim's DNA
with a retrovirus.
- 621. They've been using it
on sickle-cell anemia.
- 622. Are you sure that's safe?
- 623. I have no idea,
but I don't have a choice, do I?
- 624. You actually think this could work?
- 625. On me? Yes.
- 626. On Blade, I'm not so sure.
- 627. See, he didn't contract vampirism
from a bite like I did.
- 628. He was born with it.
It's part of his DNA.
- 629. I'm sure I can cure his thirst,
but it's gonna take time.
- 630. We're out of time.
- 631. You saw what was on that disk.
- 632. Damn.
- 633. Get out of here.
- 634. I said, get out of here.
- 635. Nice place. Took us a while to find it.
- 636. - Bite me and get it over with.
- I ain't gonna bite you.
- 637. Do your thing.
- 638. Whistler?
- 639. Frost took her.
- 640. Listen to me.
- 641. The disk...
- 642. we decoded it.
- 643. Frost is trying to trigger
a fucking vampire apocalypse.
- 644. There's some kind of...
- 645. vampire god he's trying to resurrect.
- 646. La Magra.
- 647. You're the key.
- 648. He needs your blood.
- 649. The blood of the Day Walker.
- 650. You're the chosen one.
- 651. Listen to me, Blade.
- 652. - You can't go after him.
- 653. If Frost gets his hands on you,
it's all over.
- 654. There'll be armies
of the motherfuckers.
- 655. Shit.
- 656. You're gonna have to finish me off.
- 657. Don't want me coming back.
- 658. We can treat the wounds.
- 659. It's too far gone.
- 660. You know that.
- 661. Give me your gun.
- 662. No.
- 663. Give me the goddamn gun.
- 664. Now walk away,
you stupid son of a bitch.
- 665. Walk the fuck away.
- 666. By the time you watch this,
your friend Whistler should be dead.
- 667. If it makes any difference to you,
he put up quite a fight.
- 668. You can find us
at the Edgewood Towers.
- 669. You seem a bit tense.
- 670. A bit pent-up maybe,
like you need to release something.
- 671. No?
Blade not... giving it to you maybe?
- 672. I don't know, I just...
- 673. I see such a beautiful woman.
- 674. Great skin.
- 675. I'd like to see you happy, that's all.
- 676. Is this the part
where you offer to turn me?
- 677. Well, it's either that or a body bag.
- 678. Go ahead. Bite me.
- 679. I'll just cure myself.
- 680. I did it before, and I can do it again.
- 681. - There is no cure, baby.
- There is if you've been bitten.
- 682. If you were once human.
- 683. How'd you get that scar, Deacon?
- 684. A born vampire would have the power
to regenerate from birth.
- 685. You must've gotten scarred
before you were turned.
- 686. Isn't that right?
- 687. Vampires like you aren't a species.
- 688. You're just infected, a virus,
a sexually-transmitted disease—
- 689. I'll tell you what we are, sister.
- 690. We're the top of the fucking food chain.
The blood god's coming...
- 691. and after tonight,
you people are fucking history.
- 692. He's a hurricane, an act of God.
- 693. Anyone caught in his path
will instantly be turned.
- 694. Everyone you've ever known...
- 695. everyone you've ever fucking loved.
- 696. It won't matter who's pureblood
and who's not.
- 697. How you gonna cure
the whole fucking world?
- 698. And Blade's blood is the key.
- 699. We've got an intruder.
- 700. I don't think you understand.
This dude is bad.
- 701. He had 20 guys around him—
I was there.
- 702. - He's got shit he throws—
- He's got the sword and shit.
- 703. Yeah, he can throw it in the air,
catch it underneath. Shut the fuck up!
- 704. There's no
entrance or exits where we are.
- 705. Make it happen, all right?
It's one guy on foot.
- 706. Get him! Get him! Go!
- 707. That's him, get him!
- 708. Why am I hearing gunfire? Huh?
- 709. Did I tell anybody to start shooting?
I need him alive.
- 710. No.
- 711. Please. I just work for them.
- 712. - Jesus Christ. Lock this place down.
- Yes, sir.
- 713. Eric?
- 714. But you died.
- 715. I came back, Eric.
That very same night.
- 716. And Deacon welcomed me
into his arms.
- 717. Jesus Christ.
I thought you'd be happy.
- 718. You're finally being reunited
with your mother, and you act like this?
- 719. Blade, give it up. It's over.
- 720. She belongs to me, buddy.
- 721. Don't look so surprised.
- 722. You spent your whole life looking
for the vampire who bit your mother.
- 723. Well, here I am.
- 724. Who would have ever guessed
you'd survive your mother's death?
- 725. But you did, and here we are...
- 726. one big happy fucking family.
- 727. I need my serum.
- 728. Maybe when we get out of this,
I'll take that miracle cure of yours.
- 729. There's one catch.
- 730. If it works...
- 731. you'll lose your strength
and your ability to regenerate.
- 732. You'll be completely human.
- 733. Come here. Get up, damn it.
- 734. Blade, Karen, glad you could make it.
- 735. Hey, man. Thanks for the shades.
- 736. Our ancestors called this place
the Temple of Eternal Night.
- 737. Nice, isn't it?
- 738. Apparently,
these geniuses forgot it ever existed.
- 739. Fortunately for us...
- 740. I'm what you might call
a student of history.
- 741. Why are we here?
- 742. This temple was built
for one glorious moment:
- 743. This night, for the blood god.
- 744. Thanks.
- 745. Let's see this sword of yours.
- 746. Titanium, right? Acid-etched?
- 747. I could get used to a weapon like this.
- 748. What? You look surprised.
- 749. I told you, Blade,
I know everything about you.
- 750. Hold out your arm, Quinn.
- 751. Why, man?
Because they're, like, all better.
- 752. Hold out your arm. Now.
- 753. Deac, I...
- 754. Just kidding.
- 755. He was fucking with me, man.
He was, like, fucking with me.
- 756. Blade.
- 757. - Blade.
- He can't hear you, honey.
- 758. The thirst has got him now.
- 759. What do we have here?
- 760. The precious serum.
- 761. How long's it been since you shot up?
Twelve, 13 hours maybe?
- 762. I bet you're just dying for a drink,
- 763. What's it feel like?
- 764. Is your blood on fire?
- 765. Try some.
- 766. You might like it.
- 767. Thanks, but I prefer the real thing.
- 768. In any event, I don't think
you'll be needing these anymore.
- 769. It's a shame, you know?
When I think of what you've become...
- 770. what you should have become.
- 771. I guess I don't blame you. I mean,
with everything that's happened...
- 772. it's the human side of you
that's made you weak.
- 773. - You should've listened to your blood.
- You can say what you want...
- 774. but I promise you,
you'll be dead by dawn.
- 775. Ooh.
- 776. Get him out of here.
- 777. Get these fucks downstairs. Now.
- 778. - Come on. Let's go. Let's go.
- Come on, now.
- 779. Come on.
- 780. Don't worry, sweetheart.
We haven't forgotten about you.
- 781. Oh, no, baby. We got something
real special planned for you.
- 782. Found me a surfer boy
with a nice ass and I sucked him dry.
- 783. - And you'd figure he'd turn, right?
- But he didn't turn, did he?
- 784. No, he turned into some kind of zombie.
It happens sometimes, cutie.
- 785. He was fucking tripped out.
- 786. These guys are complete scum,
man. They'll eat anything.
- 787. Animals, rodents, corpses,
- 788. they'll even eat vampires.
- 789. That's a plus.
- 790. And bearing that all in mind, I'd like
you to meet an old friend of yours.
- 791. It's too bad. I kind of liked her.
- 792. What a waste.
- 793. I don't know what's happening to me.
- 794. No pulse.
- 795. And, of course,
there's the question of lividity.
- 796. Guns?
- 797. Karen?
- 798. Karen.
- 799. I never thought I would see you again.
- 800. Tell me, Karen, do you ever have
second thoughts about us?
- 801. Karen.
- 802. Karen.
- 803. Karen!
- 804. Karen!
- 805. Karen!
- 806. Karen!
- 807. You poor child.
- 808. You're so sick.
- 809. So thirsty.
- 810. Don't touch me.
- 811. Eric, look at me.
- 812. Vampires are my people now.
I'm one of them.
- 813. Can't be.
- 814. Yes, it can.
- 815. Try to understand, Eric.
- 816. Your mother died a long time ago.
- 817. I've hunted.
- 818. I've killed.
- 819. And I've enjoyed it.
- 820. Haven't you?
- 821. I know you have.
- 822. Sooner or later, the thirst always wins.
- 823. Come on.
- 824. Spread them out.
- 825. One on each glyph, under the tombs.
- 826. Make it perfect.
- 827. Bring the elevator up.
- 828. You stupid girl.
- 829. What do you think is going to happen?
La Magra? The blood god?
- 830. That's nothing more than a fairy tale
for pretty little vampires.
- 831. Then why are you sweating,
- 832. Are you afraid
we're gonna steal your soul?
- 833. Your pureblood spirit?
- 834. You should be. Read the prophecy.
- 835. It's time you fucks contributed
something to the cause.
- 836. Even if Frost is right,
you really think he cares about you?
- 837. You're gonna die
just like the rest of us.
- 838. Blade.
- 839. Tonight, the Age of Man
comes to an end.
- 840. No more compromises.
- 841. We're gonna be gods.
- 842. - Of course we are.
- 843. I'm gonna be naughty.
I'm gonna be a naughty vampire god.
- 844. I'm right here.
- 845. Gotta stop...
- 846. - Stop the...
- Save your strength.
- 847. Flow.
- 848. You're hypovolemic.
You're bleeding to death.
- 849. Need serum.
- 850. Blade.
- 851. Blade.
- 852. Listen to me.
- 853. I want you to take some of my blood.
- 854. No.
- 855. No.
- 856. Look, just do it.
- 857. Is everybody thirsty?
- 858. I hope you're all very fucking thirsty.
- 859. Oh, please. Please, stop.
- 860. Stop.
- 861. Oh, God.
- 862. Don't stop.
- 863. Don't stop.
- 864. Oh, God.
- 865. How was it?
- 866. Eric, I'm your mother.
- 867. You wouldn't hurt your mother...
- 868. would you?
- 869. Come here.
- 870. It's you and me.
- 871. I must release you.
- 872. Fuck!
- 873. Deacon?
- 874. Frost.
- 875. - Kill him.
- Wait. I owe you, man.
- 876. I got two new hands, Blade.
- 877. I don't know which one to use
to kill you with.
- 878. Frost.
- 879. Frost!
- 880. I'm really going to enjoy this now.
- 881. Hey, Blade.
- 882. Let's do this.
- 883. What the fuck?
- 884. You're too late, Blade.
- 885. My turn.
- 886. Look at you. You're a little bitch.
- 887. What, your serum?
Can't help you now, stud.
- 888. Nice shot.
- 889. Some motherfuckers
are always trying to ice skate uphill.
- 890. Blade.
- 891. Let's get out of here.
- 892. I need to get back to the lab
if I'm gonna cure you.
- 893. It's not over.
- 894. You keep your cure.
- 895. There's still a war going on,
and I have a job to do.
- 896. You wanna help?
Make me a better serum.