- 1. A FEW YEARS FROM NOW...
- 2. What was that?
- 3. Look up ahead.
- 4. We'll take two.
- 5. What the hell.
- 6. IF YOU GO, GO IN PEACE
- 7. What's with the lab coat?
- 8. Isn't it hot?
- 9. Let's just say, it's kind of protection.
- 10. Got it.
- 11. They're after Lunga.
- 12. There's a big reward on her head too.
- 13. Don't expect me to turn Lunga in.
- 14. Me neither.
- 15. They're holding it all back.
- 16. Nobody did anything?
- 17. Lunga tried.
- 18. Now, I fill up with water
5-6 km up river.
- 19. They blocked all access.
- 20. About four months ago,
- 21. Lunga rocked up
- 22. with her gang and all guns blazing.
- 23. They killed three of them
but couldn't get it open.
- 24. Only Pacote knows where she is.
- 25. Look...
- 26. Bastard.
- 27. They're assholes.
- 28. Trigger-happy morons.
- 29. Anything unusual,
they open fire to scare you off.
- 30. Let's go.
- 31. Sure.
- 32. If only all cucks were like that.
- 33. Mrs. Domingas!
- 34. Damiano.
- 35. Open up.
- 36. Pass it on.
- 37. Grab the case.
- 38. The suitcase!
- 39. Careful with the suitcase.
- 40. - Here comes the case.
- The suitcase!
- 41. Thank goodness.
- 42. I'm glad you could make it, sweetie.
- 43. Your grandmother.
- 44. Carmelita!I
- 45. Let's show some respect for Carmelita.
- 46. You old witch!
- 47. Whore! Lowlife cunt!
And you shut your mouths.
- 48. Shut up or you'll regret it.
- 49. I'd be curious to see if,
- 50. for my funeral,
- 51. SO many people turn out.
- 52. Nobody will.
- 53. You were evil through and through!
- 54. You! What are you staring at?
- 55. Get away from that window!
- 56. You stuck-up prick!
- 57. - Ok, time to go.
- You, leave me alone.
- 58. Come on, woman, we're going.
- 59. - Don't you...
- This is not the time or place.
- 60. I'll be back.
- 61. She's my friend.
- 62. Everybody, can I have your attention?
- 63. I'll make the most
of the contribution from Domingas,
- 64. who is clearly very emotional,
- 65. to say a few words
about my mother, Carmelita.
- 66. Carmelita had children.
- 67. She had grandchildren.
- 68. Great-grandchildren, godchildren...
- 69. She had lots of friends.
- 70. In our family, there are bricklayers
- 71. and scientists.
- 72. Teachers and doctors.
- 73. Architects,
- 74. gigolos and whores.
- 75. But not a single thief.
- 76. There are people in Sdo Paulo,
- 77. Europe,
- 78. the United States...
- 79. People in Bahia and Minas Gerais.
- 80. Unfortunately, many couldn't come
- 81. to pay their respects
- 82. because of the problems in our region.
- 83. Instead, they sent their support.
- 84. Precious support for Bacurau.
- 85. Which goes to show
- 86. that Carmelita and Bacurau
live on in all of them.
- 87. Thank you, everybody.
- 88. Viva Carmelita!
- 89. It's time.
- 90. Careful, with the sheet.
- 91. My dear friends from Bacurau...
- 92. Let us begin the funeral procession
in honor of Mrs. Carmelita,
- 93. which is why all of Bacurau
is here with us today.
- 94. Carmelita lived 94 years
to tell the story.
- 95. She was a major figure
in our community.
- 96. As is customary, I'll now play you
- 97. the message from Mr. Sergio Ricardo...
- 98. It is very late in the night
- 99. Now is the time for the bacurau
- 100. The jaguar dances forward
The caipora and babau dance
- 101. A feast of fear and terror
- 102. Phantoms haunt the wake
- 103. Punching holes in the trunk of night,
the woodpecker's beak
- 104. Spells are floating in the air
- 105. The work of an evil sorcerer
- 106. Charms and jinxes dreamed up
at the xangb in Nicolau's
- 107. Second dead person I saw today.
- 108. Morning, girls.
- 109. Enjoying your shower?
- 110. Son, help your mother, will you?
- 111. Dear listeners...
- 112. Breaking news.
- 113. After the incidents in Serra Verde,
- 114. for now and all next week,
- 115. we're cut off from southern Brazil.
The highway is shut
- 116. for at least another week.
- 117. The upcoming festival
in the neighboring village is canceled.
- 118. With motorcycle access only,
tricky to get your goat there.
- 119. Anyway, chin up!
- 120. It's a few minutes after 7 am.
- 121. Make the most of life
as long as we have life.
- 122. Migraine, nausea, feeling like death.
- 123. That's a hangover.
- 124. Morning, doctor.
- 125. Morning.
- 126. I was drunk
so my wife kicked me out.
- 127. I need a bed to get some sleep.
- 128. Take number 2.
- 129. - Draw the curtain, please.
- Thank you.
- 130. Go home and drink heaps of water.
- 131. And vomit.
- 132. Vomit. More water.
And vomit again.
- 133. Hello, hello, Paulo Roberto...
- 134. Jade's trying to reach you.
- 135. Answer the phone!
- 136. You're just down the street,
So keep connected.
- 137. Jade wants you to answer her call.
- 138. Today's weather forecast.
- 139. Temperatures will reach a high
- 140. Morning.
- 141. And a low of 37°C.
It's a furnace out there.
- 142. Some general information...
- 143. St. Francis natural leather sandals!
- 144. Humility is
the secret to success.
- 145. This is DJ Urso,
to the beat of Araripe.
- 146. Look.
- 147. Grandma's cake.
- 148. Like she knew you were coming.
- 149. Morning.
- 150. This dress was her favorite
for wearing around the house.
- 151. Morning, Mr. Plinio.
- 152. - Teresa, Madalena...
- Hi, Pacote.
- 153. Morning, Pacote.
- 154. If you don't mind,
I go by Acacio now. You see?
- 155. - Can I sit down?
- Sure. Take a seat, Acacio.
- 156. Acécio. I like it.
- 157. Acacio Albuquerque da Silva.
- 158. You're doing ok?
- 159. Trying.
- 160. The thing in Serrita, that wasn't you?
- 161. Mr. Plinio, that was different.
- 162. Different but the same, Pacote.
- 163. I am trying, Mr. Plinio.
- 164. A compilation of your greatest hits
is out there.
- 165. There's a video?
- 166. No, it's dumb.
Please, don't watch it.
- 167. It's a video someone posted.
- 168. You can't really recognize me.
- 169. No. 6 isn't me.
It's another dude.
- 170. Knowing you, it's you.
- 171. You saw it?
- 172. Don't watch that stuff, Madalena.
- 173. Everybody watched it, dad.
- 174. The clothes in the living room,
they belonged to Carmelita?
- 175. Sleep with me tonight?
- 176. You're not in mourning?
- 177. I'm not religious.
- 178. Whoa.
- 179. What was going on
at the funeral yesterday?
- 180. Domingas lost it, right?
- 181. She was clearly emotional,
as my father said.
- 182. Bacurau couldn't handle Carmelita.
- 183. Now nobody knows
how to handle Domingas.
- 184. Her wife can handle her.
- 185. What do you see up there?
- 186. A plane!
- 187. Can it go faster than a bird?
- 188. Sure. It flies at 850 km/h.
- 189. From where?
- 190. - From Sao Luis, headed to Sao Paulo.
- It flew into a cloud.
- 191. So, the plane's flying to Sao Paulo.
- 192. How far is Bacurau from Sao Paulo?
- 193. Here, let's look it up on the map.
- 194. Look, everybody.
- 195. Let's see if we can find Bacurau here.
- 196. Let's see now...
- 197. - Here we are...
- Bacurau's probably too far, sir.
- 198. The satellite goes over here.
- 199. Sir, Bacurau should be here somewhere.
- 200. It should.
- 201. Let's look on the class computer.
- 202. In this heat, we need water.
- 203. Let's try the other computer.
- 204. Bacurau must be on the map.
- 205. If we can't find it here,
we'll take our time to look.
- 206. Are we going back inside, sir?
- 207. Yes, we're going to look it up
in the classroom.
- 208. Let's all try to find Bacurau on the map.
- 209. It's easy here. Let's see...
- 210. All right, everybody.
- 211. Here we go...
- 212. Hold on...
- 213. Forget the map.
Let's go satellite mode.
- 214. Serra Verde...
- 215. What?
- 216. It should be here.
- 217. Where's Bacurau?
- 218. Where's Granny Stella's house?
- 219. Sir, don't we pay
to be on the map?
- 220. No, Horacio.
- 221. Bacurau has always been here.
- 222. Down...
- 223. Here we have Serra Verde...
- 224. It should be right here.
- 225. Bacurau has always been on the map.
- 226. Well...
- 227. On this map here. Let's see.
- 228. Here, on this one, Bacurau appears.
- 229. This map shows Bacurau.
- 230. Darlene!
- 231. Tony Junior's coming.
- 232. So I see.
- 233. Listen up.
- 234. Tony Junior's here.
- 235. I repeat.
- 236. Tony Jr. Is on his way.
- 237. He'll be with you in five minutes.
- 238. I repeat. Tony Jr. Is on his way.
- 239. I repeat.
- 240. Tony Jr. Will be with you
in five minutes.
- 241. Your attention, please.
- 242. For anyone
who didn't hear Darlene's message,
- 243. the Mayor's on the campaign trail.
Let's get organized.
- 244. Look out.
- 245. It's a surprise visit but we're on it.
- 246. Serra Verde needs him for Mayor
- 247. It was going good
It's gonna get better
- 248. You all know who's your best go-getter
- 249. Candidate 150 is the guy for you
- 250. Vote Tony Junior to be your Mayor!
- 251. Film it!
- 252. Good morning.
- 253. Morning, everybody.
- 254. I know you're all listening to me.
- 255. I know we had our differences
in the past.
- 256. But today,
- 257. I come to you with an open heart.
- 258. I bring you all kinds of goodies.
- 259. Books for the school,
- 260. which has the best library
in the region, for sure.
- 261. The library run by Mr. Plinio
and Ms. Angela.
- 262. Right, Angela?
- 263. I also bring supplies.
- 264. Food. Always important.
- 265. And coffins.
- 266. Medication.
- 267. I'm there for you,
that's the honest truth.
- 268. Elections are coming, as everyone knows.
- 269. We are going to continue
moving forward together.
- 270. I'm standing for another term,
so that we can unite.
- 271. Starting with retinal scans.
- 272. I brought this reader device,
- 273. which makes life easy
for those who cannot come to vote.
- 274. So come on out.
- 275. There's nothing to worry about.
- 276. Open the dam, you crook!
- 277. Release the water!
- 278. If only politics were so easy.
I'd love to see you try.
- 279. The problem's far more complex,
but we'll fix the water issue.
- 280. Fuck you!
- 281. Easy now, let's talk.
I'm open to dialogue.
- 282. Go fuck yourself, you scumbag!
- 283. Crook!
- 284. Son of a bitch!
- 285. Beat it!
- 286. Get your lying ass out of here!
- 287. Release the water!
- 288. - She doesn't want to go.
- Butt out, kid.
- 289. Pay up front.
- 290. You need to pay up front.
- 291. Leave her alone.
Do it in the fucking truck.
- 292. It's cool, she'll be right back.
- 293. You weren't nice last time.
- 294. All righty.
- 295. They're forcing Sandra to go!
- 296. Pay up front. That's how it works.
- 297. The Mayor's taking Sandra by force.
- 298. Pay now.
- 299. What's this ruckus?
- 300. The girl will be back, no problem.
- 301. Listen, for your information,
- 302. whores vote too.
- 303. Put it on my tab for when I get back.
- 304. Let's go.
- 305. Sandra?
- 306. The girl doesn't want to go.
- 307. You're taking her anyway.
- 308. I saw her come into the world.
- 309. I liked her mother very much.
- 310. If she comes back hurt,
- 311. I'll feed your cock to the hens.
- 312. Evening, everyone.
- 313. We sorted the food
you can see on the table.
- 314. - Now I'll hand over to Mr. Plinio.
- Thanks, Amaury.
- 315. So then, folks,
- 316. we went through the supplies here.
- 317. Some things
are past their expiration dates,
- 318. sometimes by more than six months.
- 319. We didn't throw it away.
It's your call.
- 320. But I advise caution.
- 321. Tony Jr. Donated
a thousand books to our community.
- 322. As usual, we'll take good care
of the better ones.
- 323. We'll sort them together.
- 324. Please, Dr. Domingas...
- 325. This week Teresa brought,
in her suitcase,
- 326. a selection of vaccines.
- 327. We are now stocked up
- 328. for polio, DPT and snake bite serum.
- 329. But let me call everyone's attention
to this boxload of Brasol IV
- 330. that Tony Jr. Delivered today.
- 331. It's a Trojan horse.
- 332. A black label drug
- 333. given away free of charge,
- 334. As many of you already know,
- 335. Brasol IV is a mood inhibitor
- 336. presented as a powerful painkiller.
- 337. It's a drug taken
by millions of people all over Brazil.
- 338. Don't ask me why,
- 339. but suppository is the most
popular form of administration.
- 340. It's bad for you,
- 341. addictive, and it dulls your wits.
- 342. The box is here.
- 343. If you want some, help yourself.
- 344. I thought I'd let you know.
- 345. I just wanted to add...
- 346. I'd like to apologize to you all
- 347. for behaving so badly
- 348. at Carmelita's funeral.
- 349. Carmelita was an important person.
- 350. Carmelita is still important.
- 351. She's a sweetie when she's sober.
- 352. Help yourself to food.
- 353. Take what you need and share.
- 354. Sandra?
- 355. Well?
- 356. - Are you ok?
- I'm going home, all right?
- 357. You good, Sandra?
- 358. They're from Manelito's farm.
- 359. - And?
- Nobody's answering.
- 360. Go take a look,
that's the best idea.
- 361. - We'll be in touch.
- 362. Thanks.
- 363. Horses bolting, nobody answering.
- 364. Manelito, it's Acacio.
Flavio tried calling.
- 365. Your horses are in Bacurau.
The guys are bringing them over.
- 366. Your truck's full of holes.
- 367. - Come again?
- It's got holes.
- 368. Somebody shot at me.
- 369. What's going on, Erivaldo?
- 370. No idea. First I knew of this.
- 371. Two more here.
- 372. Go easy.
- 373. Plug the hole.
- 374. - With plastic?
- Give me that...
- 375. What happened?
- 376. No idea, Pacote.
I just noticed these bullet holes.
- 377. I took my usual route.
- 378. - Are you ok?
- I'm fine.
- 379. You never use your mirrors?
- 380. I keep my eyes on the road.
- 381. Plug those holes!
- 382. More buckets.
- 383. Hey, man, what's up?
- 384. See anything strange on the road?
- 385. No, why?
- 386. The water truck
came in full of bullet holes.
- 387. Bullet holes?
- 388. Three of them.
You need to turn back.
- 389. No way.
- 390. We're on our way there.
- 391. Too bad. I'm serious, turn back.
- 392. Wait, Pacote. Hold on.
- 393. What's up?
- 394. Two bikes headed for Bacurau.
- 395. Two motorbikes? Hold on...
- 396. Flavio, what bikes?
- 397. Strangers. On trail bikes.
- 398. Don't hang up. Are they stopping?
- 399. Hold on, they're coming our way.
- 400. Still there?
They're headed for Bacurau.
- 401. Two trail bikes headed for Bacurau.
- 402. Both riders wearing helmets.
- 403. They'll be there in two minutes.
- 404. Two trail bikes headed for Bacurau.
- 405. Both riders wearing helmets...
- 406. We've drawn a crowd.
- 407. Morning.
- 408. Morning.
- 409. How are you?
- 410. What's up out there?
- 411. An issue with the water truck
- 412. Then you rock up with helmets on.
- 413. Bikers with helmets,
we don't like that.
- 414. We're not real bikers,
just out for a ride.
- 415. I thought so, from your outfits.
- 416. - Like them?
- 417. Thanks.
- 418. Do you have beer?
- 419. Sure. Beer, cachaga...
- 420. No, just a beer, please.
- 421. Get the lady a beer.
- 422. Sparkling water?
- 423. Yes.
- 424. And what's that?
- 425. - The green one?
- 426. A local soda. Want to try it?
- 427. No.
- 428. What are inhabitants of Bacurau called?
- 429. People!
- 430. Is there a word? Bacarauans?
- 431. You came to see the museum?
- 432. Museum? What museum?
- 433. The Bacurau museum. It's good.
- 434. Really?
- 435. It's right next door.
- 436. And Bacaurau? Does it mean anything?
- 437. It's a bird.
- 438. A small bird?
- 439. No, it's a fairly big bird.
- 440. I see.
- 441. Extinct, I guess?
- 442. Not here.
- 443. Only comes out at night. A hunter.
- 444. Anyway, thanks a lot.
- 445. No problem.
- 446. Go?
- 447. Thanks, bye.
- 448. Do you know, sir,
anything about the water truck?
- 449. What about it?
- 450. Do you know, sir,
anything about the water truck?
- 451. What happened to it?
- 452. It came in full of bullet holes.
- 453. Very good.
- 454. Good-looking guy,
he's gonna catch the queer eye
- 455. Nice, thanks.
- 456. Just like a movie star
- 457. His pride swells, his balls grow apart
- 458. Make the most of it now, dude,
old age sneaks up on you
- 459. Check out the pretty babe
with her brown hair
- 460. Dark sultry eyes and slender pink lips
- 461. She'll give Killer coitus
and claim you were never near her hips
- 462. You've got me all wrong.
- 463. Great, thanks.
- 464. These folks from down south
get no sleep and less sun
- 465. They all learn to fish
without hook, line or fun
- 466. Acting like cocks of the walk
- 467. They don't know Sdo Paulo's a powder keg!
- 468. It shows
I'm from Sao Paulo?
- 469. Here, this is for you.
- 470. Actually, I'm from Rio.
- 471. You can keep your money, lady.
- 472. I'm only messing with you
- 473. Very good, really.
- 474. Very good.
- 475. Hey.
- 476. - Hi.
- How are you?
- 477. - Here to see the museum?
- 478. - How come?
- Not today.
- 479. We're in a hurry.
- 480. - On the way back?
- Yeah, maybe.
- 481. See the bullet-riddled truck?
- 482. - Bullet-riddled?
- Three shots in my tanker.
- 483. Is it yours? That sucks.
- 484. You didn't see anything on the road?
- 485. We left the road to ride on trails.
- 486. Really? Where you headed?
- 487. We're touring the region.
- 488. - Beautiful, right?
- And hot.
- 489. Beautiful hills.
- 490. Hi, is that a 2007
- 491. Yup, 200.
- 492. I plan to get one.
- 493. - Excuse me.
- Great machine.
- 494. When you came in, engine roaring...
- 495. Could hear it from miles around.
- 496. - Let's go?
- Sure, go.
- 497. It's hot.
- 498. If you need anything,
- 499. I'm Erivaldo.
This is Teresa and Acacio.
- 500. - No, Pacote.
- 501. Interesting name.
- 502. A nickname.
- 503. We're Jodo and Maria.
- 504. - Jodo and Maria...
- Nice meeting you.
- 505. Oddly, the village isn't on the map.
- 506. - Sure it is.
- We just stumbled on it.
- 507. Stroke of luck
'cause we were thirsty.
- 508. - It's Bacurau.
- I know, she said.
- 509. But it wasn't on the map
and there's no signal.
- 510. I tried sending a photo.
- 511. I just got a message.
- 512. No signal, guys.
- 513. True enough, no signal.
- 514. Weird, we always have reception here.
- 515. Bye, good to meet you.
- 516. - Take care on the road.
- Sure thing.
- 517. Shit, still no signal.
- 518. Soraya and her little girl.
- 519. Wait there.
- 520. - Let's go.
- 521. - Maciel!
- Be right back.
- 522. Maciel, come on!
- 523. Let's bail, Flavio.
- 524. They're all dead.
- 525. We're going to die.
- 526. No, they're tourists.
Look at the outfits.
- 527. You didn't see what I saw.
- 528. I went into the house.
- 529. You didn't see what I saw.
- 530. We're going to die.
- 531. Hi there!
- 532. Good morning.
- 533. All good?
- 534. Sure. You guys are riding trails?
- 535. You came from that farm?
- 536. Sure. The Tairaru farm.
- 537. If I were you, I wouldn't go.
There's been a tragedy.
- 538. You got phones on you?
- 539. - The signal's...
- 540. We called some guys to come out here.
- 541. You got a signal?
I heard there's no signal here.
- 542. There was no signal.
- 543. Let's see your phones.
- 544. Lady, why you got guns?
- 545. Do you have guns?
- 546. Look, lady...
- 547. This isn't supposed
to happen around here.
- 548. What happened here?
- 549. You fucking bastards!
- 550. - Think we messed up?
- It's done now. Let's go.
- 551. We speak Portuguese.
- 552. - Water?
- No, thanks.
- 553. - Let it go.
- It creeps me out.
- 554. Assistant
- 555. federal judge.
- 556. I should've come with them.
- 557. So there'd be 3 corpses?
- 558. Yesterday, I saw a drone.
- 559. Like a flying saucer
from some old movie.
- 560. But it was a drone.
- 561. Where was this drone?
- 562. Near Bacurau.
- 563. Go back to Bacurau.
- 564. I'll go talk with Lunga.
- 565. Lunga...
- 566. A man is judged
by the evil he does,
- 567. not the good.
- 568. That drone doesn't belong
to anyone local.
- 569. Watch the skies.
- 570. I told you guys not to go there.
- 571. Fuck!
- 572. I said turn back, dammit.
- 573. It had to be an ambush.
- 574. Holy fucking shit.
- 575. Lunga, it's Pacote.
- 576. Let him in.
- 577. You're sure you weren't followed?
- 578. Positive.
- 579. Lunga, that's my cousin.
- 580. Is that Flavio?
- 581. Yes.
- 582. What the hell happened?
- 583. Does my aunt know?
- 584. No.
- 585. I found them at Tarairu.
- 586. Everyone killed.
Soraya, her daughter, everyone.
- 587. I came to ask for your help.
- 588. Who did it?
- 589. I don't know, Lunga.
- 590. They have killed seven
since yesterday. Seven.
- 591. - And shot up Erivaldo's truck.
- He's dead?
- 592. No, he was unhurt.
- 593. The truck was leaking water.
- 594. Leaking water...
- 595. - Lunga is exhausted.
- 596. I'm hungry.
- 597. Stuck here like that fag Che Guevara,
starving to death.
- 598. I'm hungry too.
- 599. Bacurau has food and water. Let's go.
- 600. People there know
all you do for them.
- 601. You're important.
- 602. So Pacote is back.
- 603. Trigger King Pacote
- 604. You ok?
- 605. Amaury, turn that shit off.
- 606. Folks...
- 607. Lunga.
- 608. Holy shit.
- 609. Some outfit, kid!
- 610. A real beauty!
- 611. Domingas.
- 612. Great rhythm, right?
- 613. In recent months, who moved back?
- 614. Madame came back with her people.
- 615. Claudio and Nelinha.
- 616. Martina, too.
- 617. Martina.
- 618. Sebastiana.
- 619. Erivaldo and his kids.
- 620. José.
- 621. Me.
- 622. When I left, I hated the place.
- 623. But with what's going down,
- 624. we're back.
- 625. You were a good writer, Lunga.
- 626. You should've studied.
- 627. Now we have a hole to dig.
- 628. Here.
- 629. I might reopen the church.
- 630. Antonio, the church was never closed.
- 631. For some reason, it became storage.
- 632. But if it makes you happy,
- 633. And they were scared.
- 634. The dog ran away.
- 635. Guys! Guys!
- 636. Let's play
who goes farthest in the dark.
- 637. - You have the flashlight, you go.
- Not me!
- 638. You then.
- 639. - Me? No.
- Yes, go on!
- 640. Who wants to go?
- 641. - Me!
- I'll go.
- 642. No, me. I want to go.
- 643. Me first, come on.
- 644. You can go next.
- 645. Watch out for Carmelita!
- 646. And Flavio and Maciel!
- 647. You'll scare him.
- 648. I bet he doesn't go any farther.
- 649. It is very dark.
- 650. - It's pitch black.
- 651. He's gone.
- 652. Really far.
- 653. Whose turn is it now?
- 654. Come on, Rivaldo.
- 655. You! It's your turn.
- 656. I'm brave.
- 657. We'll see if he really is brave.
- 658. Go on!
- 659. We're under attack.
- 660. Keep digging.
- 661. My God, the boy!
- 662. They killed him.
- 663. Dad, who did this?
- 664. I don't know.
- 665. Nelinha.
- 666. Let's get out of here.
- 667. Are you crazy, Claudio?
- 668. Come on, get in.
- 669. I'm telling you, this is crazy.
- 670. Claudio is taking off.
- 671. Wait, Claudio!
- 672. Hold on, Claudio, it's dangerous!
- 673. Open wounds, blessed heart.
- 674. May the blood of Jesus Christ
keep us from peril.
- 675. Open wounds, blessed heart.
- 676. May the blood of Jesus Christ
keep us from peril.
- 677. Keep us from peril.
- 678. Claudio, let's leave tomorrow.
- 679. You can, Nelinha.
- 680. I'm not staying in this hell.
- 681. I know this road.
- 682. It's only an hour to Serra Verde.
- 683. In this darkness?
- 684. Did you see poor Flavio?
- 685. Keep calm, Nelinha.
- 686. And Maciel.
- 687. I liked Maciel so much.
- 688. I thought you were all dead.
- 689. And as for you...
- 690. C'mon, buck up. Don't do this to me.
- 691. Let's keep you good and lush.
- 692. Come on, my beauties.
- 693. You're looking...
- 694. It's all good. Take it easy.
- 695. God...
- 696. Stay awake.
- 697. Come on, come closer.
- 698. Stew.
- 699. Cashew milk.
- 700. American music.
- 701. Why are you doing this?
- 702. Everybody left.
- 703. They were scared.
- 704. Hombre? Mujer?
- 705. Woman.
- 706. I tried
but she lost too much blood.
- 707. Rebellion Quashed in Bacurau
- 708. Stand up, you bastard. I've got you.
- 709. What are you doing
on my land, you scum?
- 710. Rivanildo Gomes dos Santos.
- 711. Flavio Tavares Nascimento.
- 712. José Paulo da Silva Maciel.
- 713. Maria de Lurdes Cavalcanti Moura.
- 714. Marisa Leticia Silveira da Costa.
- 715. Francisco de Assis Chaves.
- 716. Adalberto Moreira dos Santos.
- 717. Marielle Gomes de Sousa.
- 718. Aldilene Maria Ferreira da Silva.
- 719. Roberto Ferreira da Silva.
- 720. Claudio Tavares Ferraz.
- 721. Nélia Maria Albuquerque dos Santos.
- 722. Jodo Pedro Teixeira.
- 723. You're crazy.
- 724. You think Lunga went too far?
- 725. No.
- 726. We'll clean it all up good
- 727. and scrub the floor.
- 728. But leave the walls as they are.
- 729. All right?
- 730. I want it to stay like that.
- 731. Exactly as it is.
- 732. Unfortunately.
- 733. What happened?
Where are the gringo tourists?
- 734. Shut the door.
- 735. You need anything?
- 736. Food?
- 737. Medication?
- 738. They're dead.
- 739. Lunga, you guys have got yourselves
in deep trouble.
- 740. They are important people.
- 741. The water issue,
we could resolve. Resolve.
- 742. But this...
- 743. We'll all pay for this.
Even I'll die for this.
- 744. In 24 hours, everything will be ashes.
- 745. Right, Plinio?
- 746. I had nothing to do with it.
- 747. I'm on your side, Plinio.
- 748. We have taken
a powerful psychotropic drug.
- 749. And you are going to die.
- 750. We can do this differently.
- 751. Tony!
- 752. Who the hell is that guy?
- 753. Amigo!
- 754. I don't know him, I never met him!
- 755. I don't know him.
- 756. I've no idea who the guy is.
- 757. Quit yelling!
- 758. Never met you, friend.
Quit shouting my name.
- 759. I don't know you, friend.
- 760. Dinero.
- 761. That's enough, stop saying that.
- 762. I don't know you. Get lost!
- 763. Dinero.
- 764. I don't know you.
- 765. All right, let's get this over with.
- 766. He's leaving now.
- 767. The Mayor of Serra Verde municipality,
- 768. On his way to the Bacurau caatinga.
- 769. May he find there
the inner peace he sorely needs,
- 770. among the cactuses,
- 771. favela and xique-xique.
- 772. All those bushes
waiting to give him a spiky hug.
- 773. Spinner of lies,
- 774. He brought pain
and suffering to our community.
- 775. Today,
- 776. we in Bacurau
say goodbye to this demon.
- 777. Hopefully,
it's the last we'll see of him.
- 778. That donkey better come back
unharmed from its miserable mission.
- 779. Filthy son of a bitch.
- 780. Good riddance.
- 781. I think he could have been
a good person once.
- 782. Don't you think, Domingas?
- 783. He had a mother.