- 1. A Tokuma Shoten and Tokuma Japan
- 2. Who…
- 3. Who are you?
- 4. ANGEL'S EGG
- 5. Executive producer: Yasuyoshi Tokuma
- 6. Tatsumi Yamashita, Hidao Ogata
- 7. Original concept:
Mamoru Oshii, Yoshitaka Amano,
Animage “Angel's Egg”
- 8. Producers :
Miura Mitsunori, Yutaka Wada,
- 9. Masao Kobayashi, Hiroshi Hasegawa
- 10. Jinpachi Nezu, Mako Hyōdō
- 11. Art director and layout supervisor:
- 12. Shichirō Kobayashi
- 13. Animation director: Nagura Yasuhiro
- 14. Art direction: Yoshitaka Amano
- 15. Yoshihiro Kanno
- 16. Sound director: Shigeharu Shiba
- 17. Director of photography: Shigeo Sugimura
- 18. Shinji Morita
- 19. Screenplay and direction: Mamoru Oshii
- 20. Keep precious things inside you…
- 21. …or you will lose them.
- 22. What do you think is
inside that egg?
- 23. I can't tell you things like that.
- 24. Besides, I don't even know
who you are.
- 25. You have to break an egg…
- 26. …if you want to know what's inside.
- 27. Who are you?
- 28. Don't follow me!
- 29. The fish have come out.
- 30. Fish?
- 31. Even though they aren't anywhere
they chase after them.
- 32. Even though there aren't
any fish anywhere.
- 33. Please…
- 34. Don't do anything to my egg.
- 35. Promise.
- 36. This way!
- 37. I've seen a tree like this somewhere.
- 38. When was it?
- 39. So long ago that I've forgotten.
- 40. Under a sky where the clouds
made sounds as they moved.
- 41. The black horizon swelled.
- 42. And from it grew a huge tree,
- 43. it sucked the life from the ground.
- 44. And its pulsing branches reached up…
- 45. …as if to grasp something.
- 46. The giant bird…
- 47. …sleeping within an egg.
- 48. What happened to the bird?
- 49. Where is it?
- 50. He's still there, still dreaming.
- 51. Dreaming?
What kind of dream does the bird have?
- 52. What's in the egg?
You still cannot tell me?
- 53. Since when have you been here?
- 54. As many days
as there are bottles?
- 55. I have also forgotten
where I'm from.
- 56. Maybe I didn't know
from the beginning…
- 57. …where I am going.
- 58. Will you be going away?
- 59. “I will blot out man whom I have
created from the face of the ground.
- 60. “Man and beast and creeping things…
- 61. “…and birds of the air,
for I am sorry that I have made them.
- 62. “I will send rain upon the earth
forty days and forty nights.
- 63. “And every living thing that I have made,
I will blot out from the face of the ground.
- 64. “And after seven days, the waters
of the flood came upon the earth.
- 65. “On that day all the fountains
of the great deep burst forth.
- 66. “And the windows of the heavens
- 67. “And rain fell upon the earth
forty days and forty nights.
- 68. “The ark floated
on the face of the waters.
- 69. “And all flesh died
that moved upon the earth.
- 70. “Birds, cattle, beasts...
- 71. “All swarming creatures that swarm
upon the earth, and every man.
- 72. “Only Noah was left…
- 73. “…and those that were
with him in the ark.
- 74. “Then, he sent forth a dove from him…
- 75. “…to see if the waters had subsided
from the face of the ground.
- 76. “Then, he waited another seven days,
- 77. “and sent forth the dove.
- 78. “And she did not return to him anymore.”
- 79. Where did the bird land?
- 80. Or maybe it weakened
and was swallowed by the waters.
- 81. No one could know.
- 82. So, the people waited for her return…
- 83. …and waited and grew tired
- 84. They forgot they had released the bird.
- 85. Even forgot there was a bird
and a world sunken under water.
- 86. They forgot where they had come from…
- 87. …how long they had been there
and where they were going…
- 88. …so long ago that the animals
have turned to stone.
- 89. It was so long ago,
- 90. I can't even remember where
or when I saw the bird.
- 91. Perhaps it was a dream.
- 92. Maybe you and I and the fish…
- 93. …exist only in the memory
of a person who is gone.
- 94. Maybe no one really exists
and it is only raining outside.
- 95. Maybe the bird never existed at all.
- 96. It exists.
- 97. It's here.
- 98. Here.
- 99. Here.
- 100. I found it.
It's already turned to stone.
- 101. It's in here.
I'm going to hatch it and put it back.
- 102. It's the bird I found.
- 103. I know that.
- 104. I thought so.
- 105. Can you hear something?
- 106. I can hear it.
- 107. The sound of soft breathing…
- 108. That's your breathing.
- 109. I can hear the sound of wings.
- 110. It must be dreaming
of flying in the sky.
- 111. That's just the sound
of the wind outside.
- 112. Very soon…
- 113. Right now, you're in here dreaming…
- 114. …but soon I will show you…
- 115. …very soon…
- 116. So, you must stay here now.
- 117. It doesn't rain here…
- 118. …where it's warm…
- 119. Who are you?
- 120. Who are you?
- 121. Who…
- 122. Who are you?