- 1. A Tokuma Shoten and Tokuma Japan
- 2. Who…
- 3. Who are you?
- 4. Angel's Egg
- 5. Angel's Egg
- 6. Executive producer
- 7. Yasuyoshi Tokuma
- 8. Planning
- 9. Tatsumi Yamashita
- 10. Original concept
- 11. Mamoru Oshii
Animage "Angel's Egg"
- 12. Producers
- 13. Miura Mitsunori
- 14. Masao Kobayashi
- 15. Cast
- 16. Jinpachi Nezu
- 17. Art director
- 18. Shichirō Kobayashi
- 19. Animation director
- 20. Nagura Yasuhiro
- 21. Music
- 22. Yoshihiro Kanno
- 23. Director of
- 24. Shigeo Sugimura
- 25. Screenplay
- 26. Mamoru Oshii
- 27. Keep precious things inside you…
- 28. …or you will lose them.
- 29. What do you think is
inside that egg?
- 30. I can't tell you things like that.
- 31. Besides, I don't even know
who you are.
- 32. You have to break an egg…
- 33. …if you want to know what's inside.
- 34. Who are you?
- 35. Don't follow me!
- 36. The fish have come out.
- 37. Fish?
- 38. Even though they aren't anywhere
they chase after them.
- 39. Even though there aren't
any fish anywhere.
- 40. Please…
- 41. Don't do anything to my egg.
- 42. Promise.
- 43. This way!
- 44. I've seen a tree like this somewhere.
- 45. When was it?
- 46. So long ago that I've forgotten.
- 47. Under a sky where the clouds
made sounds as they moved.
- 48. The black horizon swelled.
- 49. And from it grew a huge tree,
- 50. it sucked the life from the ground.
- 51. And its pulsing branches reached up…
- 52. …as if to grasp something.
- 53. The giant bird…
- 54. …sleeping within an egg.
- 55. What happened to the bird?
- 56. Where is it?
- 57. He's still there, still dreaming.
- 58. Dreaming?
What kind of dream does the bird have?
- 59. What's in the egg?
You still cannot tell me?
- 60. Since when have you been here?
- 61. As many days
as there are bottles?
- 62. I have also forgotten
where I'm from.
- 63. Maybe I didn't know
from the beginning…
- 64. …where I am going.
- 65. Will you be going away?
- 66. "I will blot out man whom I have
created from the face of the ground.
- 67. "Man and beast and creeping things…
- 68. "…and birds of the air,
for I am sorry that I have made them.
- 69. "I will send rain upon the earth
forty days and forty nights.
- 70. "And every living thing that I have made,
I will blot out from the face of the ground.
- 71. "And after seven days, the waters
of the flood came upon the earth.
- 72. "On that day all the fountains
of the great deep burst forth.
- 73. "And the windows of the heavens
- 74. "And rain fell upon the earth
forty days and forty nights.
- 75. "The ark floated
on the face of the waters.
- 76. "And all flesh died
that moved upon the earth.
- 77. "Birds, cattle, beasts..
- 78. "All swarming creatures that swarm
upon the earth, and every man.
- 79. "Only Noah was left…
- 80. "…and those that were
with him in the ark.
- 81. "Then, he sent forth a dove from him…
- 82. "…to see if the waters had subsided
from the face of the ground.
- 83. "Then, he waited another seven days,
- 84. "and sent forth the dove.
- 85. "And she did not return to him anymore."
- 86. Where did the bird land?
- 87. Or maybe it weakened
and was swallowed by the waters.
- 88. No one could know.
- 89. So, the people waited for her return…
- 90. …and waited and grew tired
- 91. They forgot they had released the bird.
- 92. Even forgot there was a bird
and a world sunken under water.
- 93. They forgot where they had come from…
- 94. …how long they had been there
and where they were going…
- 95. …so long ago that the animals
have turned to stone.
- 96. It was so long ago,
- 97. I can't even remember where
or when I saw the bird.
- 98. Perhaps it was a dream.
- 99. Maybe you and I and the fish…
- 100. …exist only in the memory
of a person who is gone.
- 101. Maybe no one really exists
and it is only raining outside.
- 102. Maybe the bird never existed at all.
- 103. It exists.
- 104. It's here.
- 105. Here.
- 106. Here.
- 107. I found it.
It's already turned to stone.
- 108. It's in here.
I'm going to hatch it and put it back.
- 109. It's the bird I found.
- 110. I know that.
- 111. I thought so.
- 112. Can you hear something?
- 113. I can hear it.
- 114. The sound of soft breathing…
- 115. That's your breathing.
- 116. I can hear the sound of wings.
- 117. It must be dreaming
of flying in the sky.
- 118. That's just the sound
of the wind outside.
- 119. Very soon…
- 120. Right now, you're in here dreaming…
- 121. …but soon I will show you…
- 122. …very soon…
- 123. So, you must stay here now.
- 124. It doesn't rain here…
- 125. …where it's warm…
- 126. Who are you?
- 127. Who are you?
- 128. Who…
- 129. Who are you?