- 1. My name is Andre.
- 2. 28 years old,
single, U.S. citizen.
- 3. Paris is a wonderful city, although
I don't really have the time to enjoy it.
- 4. Too much work.
- 5. I also do business in Argentina,
Chile, a bit in China.
- 6. Almost nothing in the U.S., actually.
- 7. Just my penthouse in N.Y.C.,
right above Central Park.
- 8. Let's focus on Paris.
I've made many friends here.
- 9. I used to think the French
would be angry about the Iraq war,
- 10. and this silly disagreement
between our countries.
- 11. But it's not the case.
- 12. Maybe it's thanks to my behaviour.
I'm nice, generous.
- 13. I'm not too bad in bed.
Things are going well for me.
- 14. I think I can tell sincerely
that I am a nice guy.
- 15. Here you go.
That's all I can tell you about me.
- 16. Who I would like to be,
would dream to be.
- 17. Because I'm lying.
- 18. To myself.
- 19. To everyone.
- 20. All day.
- 21. You really are an American piece
- 22. Do you believe we're going
to believe that story?
- 23. I'm not American. I told you,
I won my green card at the lottery.
- 24. They do that every year.
I'm from Morocco.
- 25. I don't like Arabs either!
- 26. Stop punching, dammit!
- 27. It's a misunderstanding.
I didn't have the time to explain.
- 28. You have 10 seconds.
- 29. Here you go.
- 30. If it wasn't for that, I would
have repaid you a long time ago.
- 31. And you don't have a credit card?
- 32. If I had a card,
I would have gotten cash anywhere.
- 33. There's one of those banks
with the squirrel, right here.
- 34. Shut up!
- 35. Shut your mouth! When you open
it, it pisses me off even more.
- 36. No, you haven't understood.
- 37. Don't even say "okay".
Shut your mouth 100%.
- 38. You understand "100%"?
- 39. Don't say a single word.
Breathe. That's all.
- 40. Here you go. Good.
- 41. That must be tough.
- 42. For a fucking American like you.
- 43. You who always want to
teach lessons to the world.
- 44. No comment. Just shut up.
And quietly listen to what I have to say.
- 45. Mamou. Do you remember
- 46. You owe money to Monsieur Mamou.
- 47. 40,000 euros!
Not shitty dollars, euros!
- 48. And if you haven't
returned them by tonight,
- 49. I will find you, and break your fingers.
- 50. And if it's not enough,
I'll break your arms.
- 51. - And your legs.
- And your head.
- 52. I know that song. I like it.
- 53. You have until tonight.
And tonight ends at midnight.
- 54. After that, it's tomorrow.
And tomorrow, you'll be dead!
- 55. See you later.
- 56. Suddenly, two things had
become very clear to me.
- 57. I really had to do something.
And I definitely hated Paris.
- 58. Monsieur Frank!
- 59. Please, Monsieur Frank.
- 60. I don't really understand, Andre.
- 61. I welcome you in my home,
as a friend.
- 62. Introduce you to people.
Lend you money when you're in need.
- 63. - And what do I get in return?
- I can explain!
- 64. Not a word. Not a phone call.
- 65. And now you make me climb
the fucking Eiffel tower to find you.
- 66. Do you really think I have
the time to be a tourist?
- 67. No, of course you're not a tourist,
- 68. I can explain, please!
- 69. Go ahead, I'm listening.
- 70. Can you ask this gentleman
to bring me back on the ground?
- 71. It would me more convenient.
- 72. I hear you just fine from here.
Hurry up, I'm running late.
- 73. I've lost my identification,
my passport and all my credit cards.
- 74. I went to the American Express offices.
- 75. - Let go of him.
- No, Frank! Please! Don't let go!
- 76. Monsieur Frank!
- 77. - Something to add?
- Tonight. I'm paying tonight.
- 78. On my mother's head!
I'm paying tonight.
- 79. Why should I care?
I don't know your mother.
- 80. I'm paying everything tonight.
On the whoever's head you want.
- 81. And how do you intend to do that?
- 82. You're broke, and indebted
to everybody in Paris.
- 83. I don't know. I don't know.
- 84. But I'm having a hard time thinking
I'm my current position.
- 85. You're aware that I have men
in every train station?
- 86. I know, Monsieur Frank.
- 87. So, don't try to run.
- 88. No.
That would be a very bad idea.
- 89. I give you until midnight.
- 90. Thank you, Monsieur Frank.
- 91. You have no idea how glad
I am to see you, Monsieur.
- 92. Good morning, sir.
Can I see your papers, please?
- 93. No, but don't worry, I'm American.
- 94. Did you block your credit cards?
- 95. Yes. All of them.
And now I can't get cash anymore.
- 96. It makes things rather difficult.
Life is so expensive in Paris.
- 97. I know.
- 98. But American Express can make you
a new card in 24 hours, can't they?
- 99. Yes, but for that I need
to prove my identity.
- 100. And since I don't have my papers
anymore, I can't prove my identity.
- 101. Yes, it's a vicious circle.
- 102. On top of that, it's Saturday.
- 103. All my friends have either gone
to the country or on holidays.
- 104. Baldwin Alley, it's in Manhattan?
- 105. No. Brooklyn.
Number 720, 5th floor.
- 106. - You want the phone number?
- No, it's okay. I have it already.
- 107. Really? You have this kind of data
in the computer?
- 108. Yes. I also have your
- 109. Really?
- 110. Then it must have told you
that it's ancient history. I was young.
- 111. The last one was three months ago.
- 112. You have this one too?
- 113. That computer is powerful.
- 114. Did it tell you it was
- 115. In the report, they call it a con job.
- 116. And you almost got
three months for it.
- 117. Yes. It's true.
And I intend to appeal when I return.
- 118. Monsieur Moussa, there is
not much we can do for you.
- 119. I suggest you go to the nearest police
station and declare the theft.
- 120. They will give you temporary papers.
- 121. Listen, sir.
- 122. I am an American citizen.
- 123. I have rights, written in a constitution
- 124. for which my great-grandparents
have fought their entire lives.
- 125. I think I deserve my country's support.
Especially in such a desperate situation.
- 126. Monsieur Moussa, your grandparents
lived in Algeria.
- 127. So, maybe they fought
- 128. but certainly not
the U.S. Independence.
- 129. Keep in mind that the green
card you won at the lottery
- 130. requires that you obey some rules.
- 131. Rules written at the back
of the document
- 132. that you obviously
did not bother reading.
- 133. It is clearly written that
the American administration
- 134. can cancel your visa in case
of severe or repeated offence.
- 135. And in your case, you ostensibly
combine both criteria.
- 136. Now, let me give you a more
personal piece of advice.
- 137. I think that the only person that can do
anything for you is yourself.
- 138. Please exit the building quietly.
- 139. Or I am going to call the marines
in charge of security.
- 140. Hey, Andre!
- 141. You've got my money, Andre?
- 142. Hey, Andre, come here!
- 143. Hi!
- 144. What are you here for?
- 145. Well, I was thinking that...
- 146. I was intending to...
- 147. I can't take it anymore.
I'm at the end of the rope.
- 148. What's wrong, little fellow?
- 149. I fucked up.
I have borrowed lots of money.
- 150. And my calculations
were slightly wrong.
- 151. Now I can't return
anything to these guys.
- 152. And if I don't do it
they're going to shoot me.
- 153. And you want to report them?
- 154. No... reporting them...
- 155. If I do that they're going
to shoot me even more.
- 156. What can I do for you, then?
- 157. I was thinking that... you...
- 158. Maybe you could put me in jail
for a few days. Until I figure things out.
- 159. That's a joke for TV? Is that it?
- 160. No, it's not for TV.
- 161. Can't you see I'm about to crack?
And you tell me about TV jokes!
- 162. I'm asking you to throw me in jail!
- 163. An Arab without any ID papers.
That shouldn't be a problem!
- 164. What "uh"?
- 165. You bastards!
- 166. Cowards!
- 167. What kind of police is that?
- 168. You only start reacting now, uh?
- 169. Well, it's too late!
- 170. I'm going to kill myself!
- 171. And it's your fault.
- 172. Nobody cares about me, is that it?
- 173. I'm going to do it.
- 174. Is that what you want?
- 175. Why are you giving up on me?
- 176. Why don't you ever answer
- 177. What are you doing here?
- 178. Well, the same as you.
- 179. Meaning?
- 180. Don't worry!
- 181. I'm coming.
- 182. Don't worry.
- 183. What the hell was that all about?
- 184. I can't even kill myself in peace.
Even there, someone has to annoy me.
- 185. Don't I deserve a minute alone?
So that I can leave with dignity?
- 186. You... What did you come here for?
It's Sunday morning!
- 187. Couldn't you stay in bed,
- 188. I couldn't sleep.
- 189. Then you should have chosen
- 190. We have plenty of them
in this fucking city!
- 191. Didn't you see that one was occupied?
- 192. We had the same idea.
Isn't that funny?
- 193. Funny, yeah.
- 194. Can you tell me why you want
to jump off that bridge so badly?
- 195. Probably because I have
the same problems as you.
- 196. - I don't think so.
- 197. Because my problem is that I feel stupid,
ugly, and totally useless.
- 198. And I don't think you have
this kind of problem.
- 199. It's exactly the same:
I'm stupid and ugly... on the inside.
- 200. At least you can hide it,
with your looks.
- 201. I have nothing to hide.
- 202. I can see that, yeah.
- 203. Can you tell me, why a girl
like you can feel so bad?
- 204. You're young.
- 205. The world could be at your feet.
You could ask for anything.
- 206. So? What do I want?
- 207. I don't know.
I'm not a psychic.
- 208. To be rich, I guess,
- 209. To spend your money around the world,
to be attractive,
- 210. to buy dresses, furs.
- 211. That's what makes women happy,
if I understand correctly.
- 212. And you?
What would make you happy?
- 213. To be left alone, at peace,
to breathe. Here's what I need.
- 214. I need time to figure things out.
Can't you see what I look like?
- 215. What matters is on the inside,
no on the outside.
- 216. Easy for you.
Don't you see how good you look?
- 217. Women think they're the ones to talk.
Who would be dead if it wasn't for me?
- 218. And who would be dead if he didn't
have someone to save?
- 219. Don't you have a smoke?
- 220. Listen, I'm not in the mood
for psychological games.
- 221. Especially on a Sunday morning.
- 222. Yeah, you're right.
What are we doing now?
- 223. Why "what are we doing"?
- 224. You saved my life. I suppose
you intend to do something with it.
- 225. No. I didn't think.
I jumped by chance.
- 226. People should not be left to die.
It's not good.
- 227. I agree.
So what do we do now?
- 228. Nothing! Just leave me alone.
- 229. Damn, men.
You really are all the same.
- 230. You act without thinking,
and then you throw us away.
- 231. That's enough. I'm not in the mood
for an argument either.
- 232. Bye.
- 233. - What's your first name?
- 234. Listen, Angela. If I leave you like that,
will you try it again?
- 235. - Try what?
- Jumping off bridges, obviously!
- 236. It's likely.
- 237. - Can't you try changing your mind?
- 238. What kind if question is that?
- 239. Because you...
- 240. Because you're beautiful.
- 241. And losing a pretty girl like you
would be a waste.
- 242. And also because I never did
anything good in my life.
- 243. So knowing that I saved someone,
at least once.
- 244. That could help me.
- 245. If you could do that for me,
I would appreciate it.
- 246. I'll see what I can do.
- 247. - Thank you.
- Don't mention it.
- 248. - Bye.
- 249. Why don't you dedicate
your life to a cause?
- 250. What cause?
- 251. I don't know. Orphans in India?
Kids with AIDS in Africa?
- 252. - Why go so far?
- You're right.
- 253. Poverty is everywhere.
- 254. Why not help people in need,
here in Paris?
- 255. People you could be a relief to.
- 256. - People like you?
- Yes... No!
- 257. - I'm fine.
- Yeah, you are so fine.
- 258. You merely tried jumping off a bridge.
Five minutes ago.
- 259. If I gave you my life
would you know what to do with it?
- 260. Give a carrot to a donkey,
you'll see if he knows what to do with it.
- 261. Of course.
Of course I'd know what to do with it.
- 262. Agreed.
I am yours.
- 263. - You got to be kidding!
- Not at all.
- 264. What you said makes a lot of sense.
- 265. You're right:
you are a good cause.
- 266. I am yours.
- 267. - You're making fun of me.
- Not at all.
- 268. Can we start by buying some smokes?
- 269. You mean you're going
to stay next to me?
- 270. Yeah. I will do whatever you ask.
- 271. You really are making fun of me.
- 272. - No. Try me.
- Kiss me.
- 273. Again?
- 274. No, that's good enough.
I believe you.
- 275. So, are we going to get smokes?
- 276. First, we need to dry ourselves.
- 277. Cool!
- 278. All done.
Now, give me your panties.
- 279. Come one, don't be shy.
I have just dried mine.
- 280. I can tell you, it feels better now.
- 281. I just told you: I'm fine.
- 282. - You know, it's the lady's room here.
- 283. Yes, so can you tell this man
to go wash somewhere else?
- 284. - Who?
- Here! The man in that stall.
- 285. To whom you have handed
a pair or pants.
- 286. Don't judge a book
by its cover: it's a woman.
- 287. Yeah? With that kind of voice?
- 288. It's a women on the inside.
The outside doesn't matter.
- 289. - What's going on?
- Nothing, just chatting between women.
- 290. So? What are we doing now?
- 291. - Now, back to the business!
- 292. Can we get some food on the way?
I could die for some breakfast.
- 293. Avoid mentioning "dying".
- 294. Thank you.
- 295. I'm sorry, can you move away from me?
I'm not used to that.
- 296. And can you stop replying "okay",
whenever I ask you something?
- 297. - You want a half?
- No, thanks. I'm not hungry.
- 298. Eat. You need strength,
if you want to leave.
- 299. Look, this one is going to the South!
- 300. I love the South!
- 301. Me too.
- 302. Really. At one point I was dreaming
of living over there. But I...
- 303. Why didn't you move?
- 304. - Someday, maybe.
- Why not today?
- 305. No. Today is not a good idea.
- 306. It is! Let's take the train right now.
And go to the beach.
- 307. Together.
- 308. - You know that song?
- 309. - So? Are we going?
- 310. To the South!
- 311. But we can't go to the South
simply because you want to.
- 312. Anyway, I have some
issues to take care of.
- 313. Issues?
Can I help you?
- 314. - Yeah, maybe.
- Awesome! What should I do?
- 315. - Nothing. Just stay next to me.
- That will be enough?
- 316. Yeah. That way they're going
to believe that...
- 317. That we...
That we're together.
- 318. And that's going to impress them.
- 319. They are going to start respecting me.
See what I mean?
- 320. - Not at all.
- That's normal.
- 321. First, Monsieur Frank,
I thank you for seeing us.
- 322. - I know you have better things to do.
- Cut the crap!
- 323. Right.
- 324. Listen. I know I owe you money.
- 325. For you, it's not much.
But for me, it's an extraordinary amount.
- 326. I am waiting for some cash
- 327. - from my Argentina businesses, but...
- What kind of businesses?
- 328. Olive oil.
- 329. Olive oil?
- 330. It's winter over there.
No olive oil before five months.
- 331. That's what you call "sometime soon"?
- 332. True. But I'm relying
on stocks from this month.
- 333. But everything was stolen.
- 334. People are starving
so badly, over there.
- 335. On the other hand,
stealing olive oil it's ridiculous.
- 336. - Who's that girl?
- Who? Her?
- 337. She's my associate. Speaking of which,
Frankie, I got to tell you...
- 338. - Frankie?
- 339. Watch it.
- 340. I was thinking: you can't pay Frank back.
No need to hide it. You can't.
- 341. At least, offer him a share of the pie.
- 342. I swear, Frank.
It's a golden opportunity.
- 343. Whatever you're offering,
I'm not interested.
- 344. Why?
We used to have good deals.
- 345. You're a loser, Andre.
Whatever you try, fails.
- 346. The few times when you made money
that was just luck.
- 347. It's a wonder you managed
to stay in one piece.
- 348. Look at yourself.
- 349. You look like a bum.
- 350. People wouldn't even give you a penny.
- 351. I'm sorry, Frank.
I didn't have the time to shave.
- 352. Yesterday, I spent my time
struggling to find a solution.
- 353. - I swear, when you hit rock bottom...
- Cut the theatrics, Andre!
- 354. It's your fault,
if you're in that situation.
- 355. Well, then. I'm giving you six more hours
to find my 30 grand.
- 356. If you fail, I'm sending two Yugos
on your ass. Is that clear?
- 357. - Two Yugos?
- Or two Bosnians, if you want.
- 358. I only have one condition.
- 359. Don't you have a little job?
Even a shitty one. I can take it.
- 360. I think I know what he wants.
- 361. Got a second, Monsieur Frank?
- 362. You were supposed to shut up
during this meeting.
- 363. Are you trying to screw things up,
- 364. As if you needed me to screw up.
You're negotiating like a white chick.
- 365. Like a white chick?
- 366. Why don't you give him what he wants?
Don't beat around the bush.
- 367. Around the bush?
- 368. Listen, Angela.
You shut up for a minute.
- 369. Let me sort this business out.
I'm back in a sec.
- 370. - What a "business"!
- Damn! Shut up! You shut up.
- 371. We were saying?
- 372. Monsieur Frank!
- 373. Why don't you let your girlfriend talk?
She seems smarter than you.
- 374. Well, then no problem.
- 375. If you want to chat with her.
Since we're associates...
- 376. If you're talking to me, it's as if you
were talking to her. There's no...
- 377. Angela, will you please
discuss with my friend?
- 378. Where do you want to do it?
- 379. I've got a small lounge, right upstairs.
We won't be disturbed.
- 380. Fine.
- 381. You're unbelievable, you...
- 382. Angela! That guy is a killer.
He's going to mess with your head.
- 383. Let me handle this. I'm going
to make him an offer he can't refuse.
- 384. Be nice.
- 385. Where have you been?
I've been waiting for an hour!
- 386. It didn't take an hour.
I stayed for five minutes.
- 387. It all went very well.
- 388. You don't realise, poor girl.
That guy is a killer!
- 389. He could as well have killed you.
- 390. I guess I got lucky, then.
Here. It's for you.
- 391. - What is that?
- Paper. With pictures on it.
- 392. It is called "money".
- 393. And my debts?
- 394. You don't owe him anything anymore.
He wiped your slate clean.
- 395. You're white as snow, now.
You can breathe.
- 396. And take the time you need
to feel better again.
- 397. Angela. What have you done?
Did you sell your mother, or what?
- 398. - Of course not.
- Wait. Tell me.
- 399. Why do you care?
You had a problem and it's solved.
- 400. Now, look ahead of you.
Move forwards, now.
- 401. Wait. I'm not moving anywhere.
I don't want any dirty money.
- 402. What do you mean by "dirty money"?
- 403. If you did nasty stuff
then I don't want it.
- 404. When you take money from an ATM
do you wonder where it comes from?
- 405. It's coming from the machine.
And I'm fine with that.
- 406. Well, today I am the ATM.
- 407. Take your money.
And stop bitching about it.
- 408. Actually, it helps me a lot.
- 409. - How much is there?
- Enough to repay the Spaniard.
- 410. That's so great!
- 411. How do you know I owe
money to the Spaniard?
- 412. Everybody knows about your debts,
my poor Andre.
- 413. - I don't want it anymore!
- Why don't you?
- 414. Because I'm convinced you've done
nasty things with Frank.
- 415. - I'm not a pimp. You hear me?
- 416. Yes, sense!
Give me that.
- 417. Wait. Do you think I didn't see you
dancing in front of him?
- 418. Dancing, me?
- 419. You kept showing him your panties.
I saw it!
- 420. You have eyes behind your back?
- 421. I noticed he wasn't focused on
what I was saying.
- 422. What you were saying
wasn't really interesting.
- 423. I was talking business, okay?
- 424. Business has its code, its own language.
It's mostly body language.
- 425. You got to look weak one moment,
so as to catch your prey unaware!
- 426. But you're not fishing trout, Andre.
- 427. You're dealing with a crook.
Behaving like a grade school student.
- 428. At least I have some pride left.
A few principles.
- 429. Probably too much for you.
- 430. Then why didn't use your principles?
- 431. Frank was like a marshmallow, today.
- 432. You could have asked
for 10 grand. Easy.
- 433. Never.
- 434. I considered it.
- 435. You know, brains are large.
You can use more than this tiny piece.
- 436. You are so wrong, poor girl.
I'm using all of it. All!
- 437. I think all the time.
- 438. Right now, I'm thinking
you should leave me alone.
- 439. But you're thinking small.
Paying small debts.
- 440. Buying a small plane ticket.
To quickly go to New York.
- 441. So as to sell your Brooklyn apartment.
- 442. How come you know about
my Brooklyn penthouse?
- 443. You call this hole a penthouse?
- 444. It was cheap when I bought it, but since
then the price must have increased.
- 445. Who cares about
your Brooklyn apartment?
- 446. It's not the problem. Your problem
is that all you want is to run away.
- 447. All the time.
Instead of taking a break.
- 448. Instead of breathing.
- 449. Letting oxygen climb up to your brain.
Making it happy.
- 450. So that it helps you
take the right decisions.
- 451. Now, breathe!
- 452. Breathe.
- 453. Breathe!
- 454. Good. Look.
- 455. Lift up your head.
- 456. Breathe.
- 457. There. Look.
- 458. Breathe!
- 459. The clouds.
- 460. The birds.
- 461. The city.
- 462. All around us.
- 463. Breathe.
- 464. Is it not the most beautiful city
in the world?
- 465. So, how should I have handled Frank?
- 466. By telling him the truth.
- 467. What truth?
- 468. The only one you don't want to hear.
- 469. The money I owe you is dirty.
Coming mostly from sex and drugs.
- 470. I'll never return it because
I don't want to be part of that shit.
- 471. Anyway, I'll never see
your ugly face again.
- 472. I won't lose any more time
with scum like you.
- 473. Bravo, Andre!
- 474. You really think
I should have said that?
- 475. Isn't that what you were thinking?
- 476. We can't always say
what we think, Angela.
- 477. Why not?
Maybe life would be better that way.
- 478. And we'd have the time to enjoy Paris.
- 479. Do you think we can ride
the tourist boats?
- 480. It's not the right time to ride
the damned tourist boats.
- 481. - And when is the right time?
- When you are free from stress.
- 482. Right now, I'm not free
from any stress at all.
- 483. - Come on, it's only five minutes.
- Stop that!
- 484. I can't swim, anyway.
- 485. Liar.
You jumped off the bridge to save me.
- 486. It was different.
I was not thinking.
- 487. Now that I'm thinking,
I remember I can't swim.
- 488. Come on, please.
To make me happy.
- 489. No, no, no!
Do not insist.
- 490. When I say no, I mean it.
- 491. I've always dreamt of riding
a tourist boat, like that, on the Seine.
- 492. It's so romantic!
- 493. I'm feeling sick.
- 494. I'm happy, Andre.
Right here, right now.
- 495. At this precise instant
you're saving my life.
- 496. Making my dreams come true.
- 497. See?
You can do good things.
- 498. Yes, but it only works on you.
- 499. We should come back at night too.
It's so pretty at night.
- 500. No. This time, we won't.
- 501. The boats are lit up with these spotlights
and when you see them from above,
- 502. watching them winding upriver
is so pretty.
- 503. They look like small balls of light,
gliding over the water.
- 504. - What do you mean "from above"?
- Above! From the sky.
- 505. Come on.
Relax a little.
- 506. You're so tense.
It gives you all these small wrinkles.
- 507. Here.
You look like a turtle.
- 508. It's easy for you.
You never had trouble with money.
- 509. No, I never had any.
- 510. Any what?
Trouble or money?
- 511. Both.
- 512. Good for you, really.
But I still have a problem with both.
- 513. But you have money, now.
You can pay what you owe.
- 514. You seem to be misinformed. I owe
much more than that to the Spaniard.
- 515. No big deal.
Let's go get more dough.
- 516. "Get more dough".
- 517. You think it's easy,
getting more dough?
- 518. I made 20,000 euros in five minutes.
- 519. It's not the same.
Not at all.
- 520. Yes it is!
How much do you need to be happy?
- 521. - What are you talking about?
- Your debt. How much is it?
- 522. - Total?
- Yes. Not broken down.
- 523. I have no idea.
I swear, I don't know.
- 524. Thirty...
- 525. With interest that
must be around 50,000.
- 526. - I'm so screwed.
- 50 is no big deal.
- 527. - Come on, let's go.
- 528. - Where there is music.
- What for?
- 529. Because I like music when I'm working.
- 530. - How're you doing?
- 531. Say, would you like to screw
in the bathroom?
- 532. Wow, you're quite a straight chick.
Can I know your name, first?
- 533. You won't need it. So?
- 534. How much are you willing to pay?
- 535. I see.
Why should I pay?
- 536. What you don't pay
has no value.
- 537. - It's kind of true.
- So? How much?
- 538. - 600.
- 1,000! And you get the full monty.
- 539. Deal.
- 540. - Here you go: 1,000.
- What's that?
- 541. The girl, the tall blonde.
She told me to give it to you.
- 542. Angela?
- 543. - Angela?
- 544. - What are you doing?
- 545. Angela, you can't be doing this.
I don't want...
- 546. I don't want you to do this for me!
- 547. I thought you needed money.
- 548. Yes... Yes, I need it.
- 549. Listen, I still have some morality left.
I don't want you to be doing this for me.
- 550. No way.
I thank you very much for it.
- 551. I appreciate the gesture. But no.
No way you're doing this at all.
- 552. Come on. It's all right.
- 553. Yes it's something! What are you
talking about? Of course it's something!
- 554. Listen, Angela. Stop immediately,
and come out right now!
- 555. Listen, let's say I'm doing it
for myself. Okay?
- 556. I simply need you to keep the money,
to prevent me from spending it all.
- 557. Listen.
I'm not feeling well, Angela.
- 558. Please come out, and let's go away.
- 559. She's asking you to keep her dough.
- 560. Keep it and give us a break
so that I can finish. Fuck!
- 561. Angela, really.
I feel terrible, leaving you like that.
- 562. Andre, go to the bar. I don't want
to spend the night here, okay?
- 563. - I'm off to the bar, now.
- 564. Thank you, sir.
- 565. Hey! That one was...
- 566. - I got 500. Is that okay?
- It's finished, it's over.
- 567. Come on, don't be cheap.
Only five minutes!
- 568. I just told you it's over!
- 569. - Isn't that your third time?
- No! Not at all!
- 570. Not a single time.
- 571. I've spent three hours
waiting for my turn.
- 572. Come on, be nice!
Here, have 1,000.
- 573. I don't give a fuck about your dough.
I just told you the girl is tired.
- 574. Tired... tired...
Everybody went on top of her.
- 575. One more is not going
to make any difference.
- 576. Yes it will!
- 577. It's one too many.
At last I understand.
- 578. - Understand what?
- I don't want her to be sullied!
- 579. Especially if it's to make me happy.
- 580. I'm not worth it.
- 581. I really don't want to have
anything to do with assholes like you.
- 582. Now get the fuck away,
or I'm going to get really mad.
- 583. See what I get for telling the truth?
You and your lousy advice.
- 584. You didn't have to be rude.
- 585. And the stuff about his mother
was uncalled for.
- 586. It came naturally.
- 587. Good.
There's some improvement.
- 588. You spoke your heart out.
- 589. If I get my ass kicked
whenever I speak my mind,
- 590. I'll be dead before tomorrow morning.
- 591. You're always complaining.
Did you notice that?
- 592. Did you see the evening
you had me go through, Angela?
- 593. Standing at the bar, playing the pimp.
- 594. Would you rather have
been in my shoes?
- 595. - No.
- Then shut up.
- 596. Anyway, I thought having your money
would make you feel better.
- 597. It's in your pocket now.
- 598. What are you waiting for,
before you smile?
- 599. I need to pay my debt first.
I'll smile afterwards.
- 600. Open!
- 601. What're you looking at, bitch?
- 602. You stay next to me.
Just in case.
- 603. In case I have to pull you out
of a tricky negotiation?
- 604. - Why do you keep humiliating me?
- You don't need me for that.
- 605. See? You're doing it again!
Stop treating me like that.
- 606. - I'm treating you like you treat me.
- I should have let you drown.
- 607. - What?
- 608. No, no, no!
- 609. Don't start dancing again!
I've had enough shame.
- 610. It's over. No more dancing.
- 611. Don't do it again.
- 612. I'm a big shot, here.
- 613. How many times do I have to tell you?
Wash your hands before touching it.
- 614. It's worth a fortune.
- 615. Pedro!
- 616. and it's already filthy.
You want to ruin me, that's it?
- 617. Pedro!
Que pasa, Pedro?
- 618. Cómo estás?
- 619. Quite ballsy, coming to my club
like that. Have you forgotten?
- 620. No. I had to take a trip to Argentina.
- 621. And my mobile
doesn't work over there.
- 622. What were you doing over there?
- 623. I have a small business.
Didn't I tell you?
- 624. - No.
- Well, I'm telling you.
- 625. Good.
That way you can pay me back.
- 626. That's why I came back.
- 627. - Wait, really?
- 628. This is amazing.
- 629. - You want a drink?
- Well, it would be a pleasure.
- 630. - What will you have?
- A quick vodka-tonic. It's going to...
- 631. - What about your girlfriend?
- Should I answer, or bark?
- 632. - Answer, that's all.
- The same thing, please.
- 633. Diego, please!
Two vodka-tonic for my friends.
- 634. - Say, your girlfriend, she's pretty.
- Yeah, I know.
- 635. We met in Argentina.
- 636. Really?
She's rather blonde, for a Latina.
- 637. Yeah. It's from her mother.
She's from Sweden. That's why.
- 638. Really?
- 639. Should I answer in Spanish,
- 640. Answer! Any.
- 641. Well!
- 642. Short reckonings making long friends.
How much do I owe you?
- 643. 17,000? With interest that makes
something like 20,000 euros.
- 644. - Agreed?
- 645. Andre, you know, I'm removing
all I ever said about you.
- 646. And god knows I said a lot!
- 647. You were right anyway, Pedro.
I didn't behave properly.
- 648. I should have called you as soon
as I knew I would be a little late.
- 649. Six months late?
That's not what I call "a little".
- 650. A little.
- 651. - But it's true. You should have called!
- 652. - Isn't it true?
- Yes. Yes.
- 653. Because it's always good
to have a friend on the phone.
- 654. Really?
- 655. How sweet of you!
- 656. Moreover, you seem
in good shape!
- 657. - I'm feeling better, yeah.
- You seem more stable.
- 658. Yes, it's true.
- 659. Initially I was not feeling good.
But now I'm better.
- 660. Good! I can tell you now.
You were on a slippery slope.
- 661. Yes, I know. I know.
- 662. I even know some guys
who got contracts for your head.
- 663. - For real?
- I haven't told you anything, right?
- 664. Anyway, there's no point
in getting contracts on my head.
- 665. I'd rather die than not paying my debts.
- 666. - You're exaggerating, aren't you?
- I swear it!
- 667. Yesterday morning, I...
I almost killed myself.
- 668. I went on a bridge.
I stepped over the railing.
- 669. And I...
I almost jumped.
- 670. Don't fool around with that, Andre.
- 671. You've got a girl, now.
She needs you, to build something.
- 672. Don't give up on her.
- 673. No, I won't give her up.
You can trust me.
- 674. Hey! Let me give you a tip,
to get you started again.
- 675. I've got a horse running in Miami,
in 20 minutes. The name's Brutus.
- 676. His odds are 30 to 1.
- 677. I got a guy over there, who added
bromide in the three favourite's grub.
- 678. They're going to drag themselves
- 679. My horse, on the other hand,
is loaded with amphetamines.
- 680. He's going to kick their asses.
- 681. But what if they block the winnings
and have a drug test?
- 682. They're all on my payroll.
- 683. Brutus, number 7 in the third race.
30 to 1. Can you smell the cash?
- 684. I can.
- 685. But be careful.
It's just for you, Andy boy.
- 686. No problem.
- 687. Don't you cause the odds to drop
right before it starts.
- 688. No, no, no! I swear, Pedro.
- 689. Well, consider it my gift.
Now that you're back in business.
- 690. Thank you. Thank you, Pedro.
- 691. Brutus, number 7 in the third race.
Have a blast, Andy boy!
- 692. Thank you.
- 693. Diego! All drinks from my friend Andre
and his partner are on me.
- 694. Señorita.
- 695. Did you see that? Like I said, when
you're next to me, they are impressed.
- 696. Pepito gobbled it all!
- 697. What are we doing now?
- 698. Now, we're off to make
shitloads of cash!
- 699. Miami in the third race.
Everything on number 7. Brutus!
- 700. I have a feeling you're
going to lose my money.
- 701. Trust me. I'm going to repay you
three times the price, honey.
- 702. Thanks!
- 703. Come. I'm going to show you.
- 704. - Miami?
- 705. Go, my horse!
Go! Go! Go! Yes!
- 706. He's first!
He's first! Hell yeah!
- 707. He was right.
- 708. Go, my horse!
- 709. Yeah! He's first! Do you realise?
The Spaniard was right!
- 710. Keep up with the race!
Keep it up! Yeah!
- 711. That's no big deal.
He's slowing down, it's normal.
- 712. He's breathing before returning.
Go, my horse, go!
- 713. What's going on?
It's an American technique.
- 714. He's breathing.
And then he's going to run for it!
- 715. He's going to run for it.
Like lightning. I'm sure.
- 716. Give it all! Come back!
Go for it! Go!
- 717. Why is he slowing down?
- 718. He's slowing down too much.
- 719. Why is he walking?
- 720. They told us number 7.
- 721. The Spaniard told me to bet
everything on number 7.
- 722. I bet everything on number 7.
- 723. Number 1 won.
- 724. I've lost it all.
- 725. With that kind of name,
you should have been careful.
- 726. How so?
- 727. Well, Brutus. Caesar's son.
- 728. The one who murdered him,
stabbed in the back.
- 729. Why didn't you tell me before?
- 730. You should have paid
attention in school.
- 731. Of course.
- 732. Why do you keep smoking?
Can you tell me?
- 733. Because where I live,
we are not allowed to smoke.
- 734. Even secretly.
So I'm catching up with it.
- 735. It's cancer that's going to
catch up with you.
- 736. You won't see it coming.
Give me that!
- 737. Are we going for breakfast?
- 738. Not a chance.
I don't have any cash left.
- 739. No problem. I kept one bill
for cases when business is bad.
- 740. Give me that!
- 741. This neighbourhood is not very safe.
- 742. Thank you.
- 743. "A gift now that you're back in business",
what a fucking joke!
- 744. - I'm so surprised.
- Me too.
- 745. There are no croissants either,
where you live?
- 746. Did Didier ever make you
a gift before?
- 747. Of course not.
- 748. So, why did you decide that
he could make you one this time?
- 749. - I don't know. I bought it.
- Because he flattered you.
- 750. Yeah. He flattered me
and I fell for it. Satisfied?
- 751. Since you don't have much self esteem,
whenever you are flattered, you dive.
- 752. I dive?
- 753. You were glad when I dived for you,
- 754. You seemed less satisfied
- 755. Why do you keep busting my balls
- 756. With your lousy moral.
- 757. Who are you anyway?
How come you fell in my life?
- 758. I didn't fall in your life.
I fell from the sky.
- 759. No, you fell from a bridge.
I was there, remember?
- 760. I was there too, smarty-pants.
I'm talking about before.
- 761. Before, I fell from the sky.
- 762. What do you mean "fell from the sky"?
- 763. - From a plane?
- No, from the sky.
- 764. Up there.
- 765. That's where I live.
- 766. I'm an angel, if you prefer.
- 767. An angel?
- 768. Yes. A real one, coming from the sky.
with great white wings and all that.
- 769. Yeah?
- 770. And where are your great
white wings and all that?
- 771. You don't expect me to unfold them here,
in the middle of the cafe.
- 772. A chain-smoking angel?
- 773. What do you care, if I smoke?
- 774. Okay, then.
You're an angel.
- 775. I'm open-minded.
You're an angel. All right?
- 776. Fine. Start with this assumption.
It can not hurt.
- 777. Agreed. So how are things
going up there? What's up?
- 778. Nothing special.
Business as usual.
- 779. But tell me! I'd like to understand
how things happen over there.
- 780. You don't believe me, do you?
- 781. Angela, admit that a beautiful, 6 feet tall,
blonde girl, smoking like a factory,
- 782. is not the usual picture
of an angel.
- 783. And you don't even want
to show me your wings.
- 784. How am I supposed to believe you?
- 785. You're annoying.
I told you I can't unfold them.
- 786. First, they're too large.
- 787. And second I only unfold them
when I'm leaving.
- 788. When my mission is complete.
- 789. But you're so stupid
the mission is far from complete.
- 790. You're so slow at figuring things out.
I'm not going home anytime soon.
- 791. What mission?
- 792. I have come to help you.
- 793. For now, you've only made things worse.
- 794. You're the one making things worse!
Lying all the time, to everybody!
- 795. Especially to yourself.
- 796. Not even small lies here and there.
- 797. You're lying to yourself
at a very deep level.
- 798. And you're afraid, of yourself,
of everything, all the time.
- 799. You're airtight like an oyster
who'd be afraid of the sea.
- 800. An oyster?
- 801. You came down from the sky
to tell me I'm like an oyster?
- 802. Yes. I came to help you understand
what's going on in here.
- 803. To help you figure out who you are.
So that you accept it.
- 804. - That's all?
- It's good enough.
- 805. And how's that different
from a psychoanalyst?
- 806. I won't cost you 100 euros.
- 807. Let's say you're an angel.
- 808. How does it go? You're on your cloud,
and they call you for an assignment?
- 809. Quite simplistic,
but that's the idea, yes.
- 810. So they call, "Angela! Can you please
handle case number 12,737?"
- 811. No, you don't get to choose
your mission. It's imposed on you.
- 812. Actually that's a good thing
- 813. because if each angel got to choose
- 814. the planning department
would never manage it.
- 815. Yes, the planning department.
- 816. Planning is important.
Right, and after that?
- 817. Well, after you got your mission,
you go to the dressing room.
- 818. It's my favourite part.
- 819. - And what outfit did you choose?
- 820. - Bitch fits you really well.
- 821. I've already tried all the other styles.
- 822. I figured it would be fun
to try something more weird.
- 823. - You've been doing that job for long?
- 300 years. Approximately.
- 824. I'm still young.
- 825. Why are you laughing?
- 826. This story is so great!
- 827. I never heard a girl
who had so much imagination.
- 828. You should write books,
- 829. We would make so much money!
- 830. - You still don't believe me, is that it?
- 831. Hey, Angela...
- 832. There nothing worse for an angel,
than being rejected by its mate
- 833. and returning from a mission
without having completed it.
- 834. Please, don't be like that.
- 835. Understand me.
I'm a loser, I'm in trouble
- 836. and a bitch would be sent
from the sky to help me?
- 837. Yes.
What's the problem?
- 838. The problem is that,
here on Earth,
- 839. we have a hard time believing
in what we can't see.
- 840. I don't know when was your last visit,
- 841. but this world has become
- 842. And there are satellites, science, TV...
- 843. People don't really believe
- 844. They need proof.
- 845. Don't you have a small proof?
- 846. You men are all the same.
Always needing proof.
- 847. Always needing to be reassured.
- 848. That's what you keep blaming me for:
my lack of self-confidence.
- 849. At least, show me that
I can trust you.
- 850. Maybe it'll help me trusting myself.
- 851. Don't tell anyone.
- 852. I don't want to be fired
because of you.
- 853. I swear.
- 854. I promise.
- 855. Satisfied?
- 856. How did you do that trick?
- 857. Fuck!
You got to be kidding!
- 858. You asked for proof. I provided.
And you don't believe me!
- 859. - How did you do that trick?
- You really are a fool.
- 860. Opening your mind won't take a miracle,
but a jackhammer.
- 861. How come?
- 862. I haven't seen it clearly.
How you did the cigarette trick.
- 863. I wasn't focused.
I wasn't looking and...
- 864. Angela. I'm asking nicely.
Please, do it again.
- 865. Please.
- 866. It's the last time I'm asking you.
- 867. Garçon!
- 868. And a vodka tonic
for this man, please.
- 869. Thank you.
- 870. Why me?
- 871. I don't know.
I'm not from the planning department.
- 872. Probably because you're good inside
and you haven't realised it yet.
- 873. I'm here to show it to you.
- 874. I'm your reflection.
- 875. Your image.
- 876. I am you.
- 877. - I'm a 6 feet tall bitch?
- Yeah. A little, on the inside.
- 878. But I'm not a woman.
- 879. Yes you are. A half.
Actually more feminine than masculine.
- 880. That's where you get
your sensibility from.
- 881. Your humour, your wit,
those are feminine traits.
- 882. Men are hunters.
- 883. But you're not really built for hunting.
- 884. From the masculine side
you've only kept the bad traits.
- 885. Lies. Ambition.
Fear of failure.
- 886. Fear of judgement.
Fear of loving.
- 887. - And you see all this in me?
- All of it.
- 888. And let me tell you
that you're a real hottie inside.
- 889. It's the outside that troubles me.
- 890. Let's go outside, then.
- 891. Am I losing feathers?
- 892. Here. In the back.
Am I losing feathers?
- 893. - What?
- 894. I have a calcium deficiency.
I need to eat.
- 895. You need cheese, for calcium.
- 896. Double cheese, double ham,
double salad, please.
- 897. Don't stare like that.
You look like you're going to eat me.
- 898. Sorry. That's because
I'm not used to have...
- 899. someone next to me.
- 900. - You'd better get used to it, then.
- I know.
- 901. But you know, In my life,
a lot of bad shit happened to me.
- 902. And nobody ever helped me with it.
- 903. Ever.
- 904. - You're screwed, now.
- 905. Because you don't have an excuse
to stay in trouble anymore.
- 906. Thank you.
Do you have any mustard, please?
- 907. - On the counter. It's free.
- 908. - Can I take a napkin?
- 909. Hey! Mustard is free.
The sandwich is 8 euros.
- 910. I've just put a 10 euros bill
on the table.
- 911. There.
No 10 euros bill.
- 912. Wait. Look on the ground.
It must have flown away.
- 913. You never put the 10 euros.
- 914. Come on, don't pull that on me.
We need money too.
- 915. Keep that trick for the tourists.
- 916. I'm from Paris,
and I know too well how you...
- 917. Pay! Or else, you not leaving
the park alive! Understand?
- 918. Can I finish the neg'?
- 919. Here you go.
It's much better like that.
- 920. - So, how much was it?
- It's on me.
- 921. Thank you.
- 922. Is that clear?
- 923. Hell! Your masculine side
is quite in-your-face.
- 924. - Why did you act like that, Andre?
- What did I do wrong?
- 925. - What is this?
- Where did you get it?
- 926. Why didn't you give him his 10 euros?
Why did you care?
- 927. Can't we talk about that a bit further?
- 928. Those 10 euros weren't even yours.
I gave them.
- 929. that's all we have left.
- 930. You spend your time finding
ways not to communicate, Andre.
- 931. You're all over the place.
Up to no good.
- 932. - Sorry for interrupting.
- You! Shut up, okay?
- 933. And you remind me of those people
who take a second serving
- 934. of bread to finish their cheese.
- 935. And then they take more cheese,
to finish the bread.
- 936. And if with the French,
it's even more complicated.
- 937. They take more wine, to finish both.
- 938. Afterwards, they're surprised to still be
around lunch at three in the afternoon.
- 939. What kind of lame example was that?
- 940. I don't like cheese.
And I don't see your point anyway.
- 941. I'm in trouble and I'm trying to get
out of it like I can.
- 942. But there's no way for you
to understand that.
- 943. You can jump from a bridge,
fuck whoever, smoke like a drunkard.
- 944. Nothing is a problem to you.
- 945. Belittling my credit
won't make yours any greater.
- 946. You really are an annoyance, Angela.
- 947. Why do you always have to
- 948. She keeps doing that.
- 949. I'm just trying to show you
- 950. that causes you to always screw up.
- 951. She's got a point:
- 952. Listen, buddy. You're going
to let me handle this, okay?
- 953. I'll be right back.
- 954. Damn, Angela.
Why are you doing this to me?
- 955. You said you're here to help me.
Why are you depressing me?
- 956. You were feeling better before?
- 957. Yeah, nothing exceptional,
but I sure was far less confused.
- 958. Why did you want to jump
from a bridge, then?
- 959. Because.
- 960. See?
She's definitely messing with me.
- 961. What was the initial agreement?
Don't you remember our agreement?
- 962. You were supposed to shut up
and follow me. Remember?
- 963. - Yes. You're right
- Well, here you go.
- 964. Shut up, then.
Don't say anything, okay?
- 965. No!
Don't even say "okay".
- 966. You shut 100% up.
- 967. Do you understand "100% "?
- 968. Are you done? Can we start doing
serious business, now?
- 969. Angela.
Can you play "Simon says"?
- 970. I love it!
- 971. Simon says, "Beat the shit out
of these three assholes. "
- 972. - I'm glad I'm rid of them.
- So? What are we doing now?
- 973. We don't say anything.
- 974. Now, we're going to go...
- 975. going to go that way.
- 976. Angela, I'd like to know more
about you, actually.
- 977. Your past.
Back when you were on Earth.
- 978. - Yeah?
- 979. Really. I want to know you better.
How were you, as a kid?
- 980. We were living in Paris.
In the 13th district.
- 981. I'm the eldest of eight children.
- 982. I'm the one who took care of them.
- 983. My mother ran away when I was 15
and my father was drunk all day.
- 984. I would take the little ones
- 985. Then I would work as a prostitute,
so as to pay for their food.
- 986. I died of an ovarian tumour
when I was 23.
- 987. Damn, poor thing.
- 988. What kind of life was that?
- 989. And I thought I was in trouble.
I should stop complaining.
- 990. Why are you smiling?
- 991. Because you're so gullible.
You believed that.
- 992. - That wasn't true?
- 993. I'm a rich girl from New Jersey.
- 994. Daddy used to work for the U. N.
- 995. and mummy was working
to bring people together
- 996. by being humped by all the males
she could find at cocktail parties.
- 997. On my 16th birthday,
I got my first Ferrari
- 998. and I smashed it
in the first fall I met.
- 999. Just so that my father would notice me
at least at my funeral.
- 1000. I'm lost, now.
Which was your life?
- 1001. Which one makes your
own easier to endure?
- 1002. I don't know.
- 1003. I can make up a thousand of lives.
But yours will still be the same.
- 1004. You'll have to accept it.
- 1005. I see what you mean, Angela.
- 1006. And I'm working on it.
- 1007. But still I want to know you.
- 1008. Who were you? Before.
- 1009. - I don't know who I am.
- How can't you know?
- 1010. You come from the sky.
You're in the best position to know.
- 1011. We can't access our past.
It's top secret data.
- 1012. Really?
- 1013. That got to suck.
- 1014. - Are my questions bothering you?
- 1015. You're interested in me. That means
you're getting interested in you.
- 1016. - I'm not really interesting.
- Of course you are!
- 1017. - You're good looking, smart...
- Stop making fun of me.
- 1018. You are! I tell you!
- 1019. It's all inside. But you don't see it.
You can't pull it out.
- 1020. I'm trying. I know.
- 1021. But it's not easy.
- 1022. Yes it's easy!
Come, I'll show you!
- 1023. Look in the mirror!
What do you see?
- 1024. Look in the mirror.
What do you see?
- 1025. I see...
- 1026. a wonderful girl.
- 1027. Thank you. And next to her?
What do you see?
- 1028. - I don't know.
- Good. You're improving.
- 1029. - You think so?
- 1030. All you used to see
was a pile of crap.
- 1031. Now, you don't see anything anymore.
- 1032. It means you've cleaned up the place.
- 1033. Now, we need to fill
that empty shell with something.
- 1034. You can't leave it like that.
- 1035. So, take a good look.
In front of you.
- 1036. Isn't there anything you like,
in this beautiful face?
- 1037. Not much, no.
- 1038. Look carefully. In your eyes.
What do you see?
- 1039. Some...
- 1040. Some kindness?
- 1041. Yes, there is. A lot.
- 1042. They're not too bad?
- 1043. Beauty. That's right.
- 1044. They are beautiful.
- 1045. What else?
- 1046. Maybe...
- 1047. some sweetness?
- 1048. Yes.
Lots of it.
- 1049. - And love?
- 1050. Lots of love, yes.
- 1051. Too much, maybe.
- 1052. If there's too much,
you need to get it out.
- 1053. - Tell me you love me.
- Come again?
- 1054. - Don't you love me?
- I do. A lot.
- 1055. I mean,
I feel a kind of affection.
- 1056. But maybe it's friendship, and...
- 1057. Do you love me, or not?
- 1058. Since the first day.
- 1059. Since the first second.
- 1060. Good.
Say it, then.
- 1061. It's hard to say.
- 1062. - Do you know why?
- 1063. Because nobody ever told it to you.
- 1064. It's difficult to love yourself,
when nobody shows you how.
- 1065. Yes.
- 1066. I love you, Andre.
- 1067. Here you go.
You have received love.
- 1068. Now you can give some away.
- 1069. Go for it.
- 1070. I love you, Angela.
- 1071. Whatever your first name is?
- 1072. You're right.
- 1073. Say it again
without my name.
- 1074. I love you.
- 1075. Good.
- 1076. Now, look at yourself in the eye
and say it.
- 1077. - I can't.
- Of course you can.
- 1078. Look at your body.
Bruised by the lack of love, of trust.
- 1079. Don't you see
it deserves your attention?
- 1080. So, don't reject this wounded body.
- 1081. It has put up with you for so long
and never complained.
- 1082. Tell him that he's important.
- 1083. That he belongs here.
- 1084. Give him what he deserves.
- 1085. I love you... Andre.
- 1086. I love you.
- 1087. I am proud of you, Andre.
- 1088. So? Can we get some food?
- 1089. You're obsessed with food,
- 1090. - Do you have an emotional problem?
- Hey, that's my line!
- 1091. You're right.
- 1092. - How are we going to pay the bill?
- We'll wash the dishes.
- 1093. It only worked in the Dark Ages.
- 1094. They're going to call the cops.
And we'll end up in jail.
- 1095. I have a 6 months suspended sentence.
I know where I'm...
- 1096. Stop complaining, now.
- 1097. - The wine is good, isn't it?
- What kind is it?
- 1098. Chateau Cheval Blanc.
- 1099. Cheval Blanc?
- 1100. It's 1,000 euros!
- 1101. 1,500.
It was the most expensive.
- 1102. It sucks.
This place sucks.
- 1103. Being the most expensive
doesn't mean it's the best, Angela.
- 1104. How would you know?
You deal in olive oil.
- 1105. Yes, but I know a thing or two.
- 1106. I'm sure the menu has some good
little wines, at very reasonable prices.
- 1107. Look! Saint Chignon '98.
100 euros. I'm sure it's good.
- 1108. Sommelier!
- 1109. - Yes?
- What are you doing?
- 1110. Well, we're going to taste.
- 1111. Can we have
a Saint Chignon '98, please?
- 1112. Of course.
It's almost at maturity right now.
- 1113. It's a bit peppery, a little round.
- 1114. It's a very good wine.
A very good choice. It's my favourite.
- 1115. Can we simply have half a bottle?
- 1116. No, we only have litres, here.
- 1117. You're crazy!
I swear, you're totally crazy.
- 1118. You've had a hard day.
I'm trying to please you.
- 1119. Is that your mission?
- 1120. No. I'm supposed to teach you
the most things as quickly as possible.
- 1121. So that you give up
jumping from bridges.
- 1122. If you intend to pay the bill
by doing dirty things in the restroom
- 1123. I won't wait for you at the bar.
I'm warning you.
- 1124. - What dirty stuff?
- Don't act innocent.
- 1125. I was there, behind the door.
I've seen everything.
- 1126. Have you seen... or heard?
- 1127. - Angela?
- 1128. - What are you doing?
- 1129. I don't want...
I don't want you to do this for me.
- 1130. I thought you needed money.
- 1131. Yes, I need it.
Listen, I still have some morality left.
- 1132. I thank you for it.
I appreciate the gesture.
- 1133. But no.
No way you're doing this at all.
- 1134. - Come on. It's nothing.
- Yes it's something!
- 1135. Listen. Stop immediately,
and come out right now!
- 1136. Keep it and give us a break
so that I can finish. Fuck!
- 1137. And what about Frank, then?
- 1138. In his office...
What did you do?
- 1139. - You didn't do that!
- No. Just kidding.
- 1140. What a relief!
- 1141. But how did you get the money?
- 1142. - You can't have done that!
- Which option would you rather have?
- 1143. I'd rather go away.
- 1144. - For a single night, is that it?
- 1145. Good.
- 1146. All done.
- 1147. Do you have any luggage?
- 1148. Yes. One item.
Right in front.
- 1149. Feeling better?
- 1150. Yeah, I'm fine.
- 1151. Are you coming to bed?
- 1152. No, I'm looking at the city.
- 1153. It'll still be there tomorrow.
Come to bed.
- 1154. Paris is beautiful.
- 1155. I wasn't seeing anything.
- 1156. I was blind like a bat.
- 1157. - Angela.
- 1158. I think I love you.
- 1159. No you don't.
You're horny, that's all.
- 1160. You're lacking affection
- 1161. so you're hanging on to the first one
you run into, I. E. me.
- 1162. No, no. Really.
You make me feel good.
- 1163. I love how you shake me up.
- 1164. Without ever judging me.
- 1165. It makes me happy.
- 1166. It's been a while since
this happened to me.
- 1167. It probably never did.
- 1168. - You want to fuck, that's all.
- No, I don't want to fuck.
- 1169. Actually, I do,
but that's not it.
- 1170. It's stronger, warmer...
- 1171. You're waxing sentimental.
Come on, let's fuck!
- 1172. No! Stop that!
What are you doing?
- 1173. Don't you like me?
- 1174. Yes, yes I do.
But I don't want to fuck.
- 1175. I'd like to make love.
But I'll only do it once I feel...
- 1176. free.
- 1177. And what about me?
- 1178. It won't take long.
- 1179. Come on.
Come to bed.
- 1180. I can't sleep.
And there's no point in brooding.
- 1181. I'm not brooding.
I'm enjoying the room.
- 1182. It's incredible.
- 1183. By the way,
how are we going to pay for it?
- 1184. I have an agreement
with the head porter.
- 1185. - How so?
- He bets on races so I gave him a tip.
- 1186. - A bad tip?
- No, he's going to make 10,000 euros.
- 1187. You know races results?
- 1188. Any race.
Anywhere in the world.
- 1189. Are you kidding me?
You let me bet on that rotten Brutus.
- 1190. I had warned you. But a few hours ago
you wouldn't listen to me.
- 1191. And anyway, I'm not allowed
to give away that kind of information.
- 1192. It's forbidden.
- 1193. You're not allowed
to give away that kind of information?
- 1194. Why did you tell me
that you're an angel, then?
- 1195. I shouldn't have.
- 1196. Why did you do it, then?
- 1197. Hey!
What are you doing, Angela?
- 1198. I'm off to see your buddy Frank.
- 1199. What? In the middle of the night?
What are you going to tell him?
- 1200. I'm not the one who has things
to tell him. You are!
- 1201. So we're going to see him.
And you'll tell him everything you need.
- 1202. So that I can go back home.
- 1203. Angela.
- 1204. So, what should I tell him?
- 1205. You're doing it again.
- 1206. I told you a hundred times!
The truth! Nothing but the truth.
- 1207. The truth.
- 1208. If you don't do that, your pain
will stay here, in a ball.
- 1209. It's weaker,
but it's still here, yeah.
- 1210. You've got to get it out.
Once for all!
- 1211. If it's outside,
it won't trouble you inside anymore.
- 1212. No problem.
- 1213. And after that?
- 1214. After that? You'll be cleared,
on the inside. You'll just have to fill up.
- 1215. Angela, what if it's with you
that I want to fill up?
- 1216. - Don't do that again.
- Angela, I'm in love with you.
- 1217. You see everything.
You feel everything.
- 1218. How can't you see
something this simple?
- 1219. Focus, please.
- 1220. What do you feel?
- 1221. - I feel something, but...
- I feel exactly the same thing.
- 1222. And now I know how it's called.
- 1223. Anyway...
- 1224. Let's go meet Frank.
Things are getting really messy.
- 1225. No. Things only start
to looking clear now.
- 1226. Like...
Looking like the truth, for instance.
- 1227. I'm tired, Angela.
- 1228. I'm tired of screwing up all the time.
- 1229. Tired of lies.
- 1230. For the first time in my life,
I want to be true.
- 1231. I'll be able to say everything I feel.
- 1232. Everything.
- 1233. Do you know what I'm feeling, Angela?
- 1234. Shut up.
- 1235. Miss!
- 1236. Miss, please.
- 1237. Now is really not the time
to fuck with me.
- 1238. Sorry for interrupting you like that
in the middle of the night
- 1239. but Andre has something
very important to tell you.
- 1240. I can't take it anymore, and I want
to go home so let's end this now!
- 1241. - Come again?
- Who's that girl?
- 1242. You!
Shut the hell up!
- 1243. Andre! Come in!
He's here. In his bed.
- 1244. What the fuck is this?
- 1245. When you start breaking the rules,
you really go for it.
- 1246. The door, the bodyguard...
- 1247. And you chose this place because
you knew that's where he would stay.
- 1248. You're going to be fired.
- 1249. That's not your business.
- 1250. Be nice, now.
- 1251. And deal with him quickly
so that we can get the hell away.
- 1252. Andre.
- 1253. You're not going to do me in.
- 1254. Your coffee isn't bad, Frank.
- 1255. Andre, I'm sorry.
- 1256. I know I offended you
and it really was stupid of me, buddy.
- 1257. - Buddy?
- No. Sorry about that.
- 1258. I took advantage of your weakness, sir,
and really I shouldn't have.
- 1259. That was pathetic of me.
- 1260. There's even some business
we could do together.
- 1261. If you want...
That is, if you have the time.
- 1262. But I beg you, Andy.
- 1263. Do not kill me.
Be nice, do not kill me.
- 1264. I'm sorry I borrowed
money from you, Frank.
- 1265. It's my fault.
I'm the one to blame.
- 1266. In the first place, I should never have
set foot in your lousy club.
- 1267. It cost me time and money
- 1268. instead of taking care of the business
for which I came to Paris.
- 1269. But there's no escaping it.
- 1270. When you feel like shit, you're attracted
by the other pieces of shit like you.
- 1271. That's life.
- 1272. That's why we used to get along fine,
in the beginning, Frank.
- 1273. We could hate each other mutually.
That wasn't a problem.
- 1274. One day, an angel entered my life.
- 1275. A wonderful woman,
who opened my eyes.
- 1276. It's so good to have
the eyes opened, Frank.
- 1277. Now I can look at the sun,
rising over Paris.
- 1278. All these small light bulbs
switching off, one by one.
- 1279. I can see all this, Frank.
- 1280. And it's thanks to her.
- 1281. Because she had the kindness
never to judge me.
- 1282. She loved me as I was.
- 1283. Even though I wasn't much.
- 1284. I am happy for you, Andre.
- 1285. You're not going to do me in.
- 1286. No.
- 1287. I'm going to feel sorry for you.
- 1288. Did you see that, Angela?
I did really good, for a first time!
- 1289. Where are you?
- 1290. Angela, what are you doing?
Where are you going?
- 1291. I'm going home.
- 1292. You can't do this to me.
- 1293. Angela, stop!
I did all you asked me to do.
- 1294. Look!
I've emptied everything.
- 1295. Now we can start over, together.
- 1296. We'll be together, choosing the things
that will fulfil me. Like we said.
- 1297. You're big enough to choose
on your own, now.
- 1298. I don't want to choose on my own!
- 1299. I want to do this with you, Angela.
- 1300. Because I love you and I want to spend
the time I have left to live at your side.
- 1301. If you leave me, it's going to be horrible.
I'll be falling back on my old habits.
- 1302. As if I had gone this far for nothing.
- 1303. Well, too bad.
Destroy yourself if you want.
- 1304. I took many chances for you.
- 1305. I've got a 9/10 chance of being fired.
- 1306. So please be helpful, Andre.
Don't ruin it all.
- 1307. And live the life
you are meant to live.
- 1308. What if the life I'm meant to live was
the one where I'm staying with you?
- 1309. No! I already know your life entirely.
- 1310. In two months,
you will create your company.
- 1311. In five years, it's going to be
the leading olive oil business.
- 1312. You're going to meet Catherine,
a lovely 30 years old lawyer
- 1313. with whom you will have
three beautiful children.
- 1314. Do you want to know their names?
- 1315. Do you want to know
how they'll do in school?
- 1316. I want to know why you're crying.
- 1317. Because it's always like that
when a mission is completed.
- 1318. I'm made for meeting.
Not for goodbyes.
- 1319. Are you satisfied with this answer?
- 1320. Listen to me.
- 1321. What you've done for me
- 1322. You have my eternal appreciation.
- 1323. "Eternal"? Please, don't use words
you don't understand.
- 1324. Angela, listen to me.
- 1325. Forgive me.
- 1326. You've taught me what matters:
to stop lying.
- 1327. That's right.
That's the most important thing.
- 1328. So why don't you stop lying yourself!
- 1329. Angela, stop!
Listen to me.
- 1330. Look at me.
Look at me in the eye.
- 1331. - Stop!
- Look at me.
- 1332. Leave me alone.
- 1333. Let me tell you
what I see in these eyes.
- 1334. I see a woman
who doesn't want to leave.
- 1335. A woman who's tired
of not knowing who she is.
- 1336. Like me, nobody ever
told you he loved you.
- 1337. And if someone did,
you don't remember.
- 1338. - Shut up.
- I love you, Angela!
- 1339. - Shut up.
- I love you.
- 1340. Shut up!
- 1341. I can't live without you.
- 1342. What's the point of living with me?
- 1343. What are you talking about?
- 1344. I'd be an angel who burned her wings.
- 1345. A fallen angel.
- 1346. I don't care about that!
- 1347. I love you the way you are.
- 1348. I don't know...
- 1349. who I am!
- 1350. I have no past.
- 1351. - Can you understand that?
- I know, I know.
- 1352. How can I achieve anything...
- 1353. I know.
- 1354. if I don't know where I come from?
- 1355. I don't know where I come from.
- 1356. I know.
- 1357. I know you don't have a past.
- 1358. But at least,
let me give you a future.
- 1359. What am I doing?
- 1360. My God.
- 1361. What am I doing?
- 1362. Can you leave God out
of this decision, for once?
- 1363. Angela, what's going on?
What's wrong, Angela?
- 1364. What's happening to you?
- 1365. I have to go, Andre.
- 1366. Don't go! I'm begging you.
I love you.
- 1367. I love you too, Andre.
- 1368. - I must go.
- 1369. Angela, I love you!
- 1370. My name is Andre.
- 1371. I'm 28 years old
and I am... free.