- 1. Groups of unemployed workers, who have
grown in number due to the tax reforms...
- 2. enacted by the former Prime Minister,
are rioting all across the country.
- 3. And with the confusion among members of
Parliament sparked by the comments of...
- 4. Finance Minister Takanashi
during a recent Parliament inquiry,
- 5. there seems to be no compromise in sight
between the government and opposition.
- 6. Hey. What'll it be?
- 7. Give me three peanuts.
- 8. Let's see here...
- 9. We've herded those Clown
bastards onto Route 5.
- 10. Damn it, don't scare me like that!
Open the damn door quietly!
- 11. You wouldn't be so jumpy if you
didn't have something to hide!
- 12. Try selling some normal
drinks sometime, huh?
- 13. How about buying something for once?
This ain't a hangout!
- 14. And drink that dog piss you sell?
- 15. Twin ceramic rotor
drives on each wheel...
- 16. And these are... Computer
controlled anti-lock brakes...
- 17. 200 horsepower at 12,000 rpm...
- 18. You wanna ride it, Tetsuo?
- 19. All right, let's go!
- 20. That bike's been customized just for me.
It's too wild. You couldn't handle it.
- 21. I don't see how you can ride
something like that, man.
- 22. I could!
- 23. If you want one so bad,
steal a big one for yourself.
- 24. Unbelievable.
- 25. School kids these days...
- 26. Wait! Hey, waiter!
- 27. They ran into the alley! After 'em!
- 28. This isn't a game, you idiot!
- 29. Shit!
- 30. That's...
- 31. This is car 375.
- 32. We've got reports of biker gangs fighting
near the intersection of Highway 14 south!
- 33. Request immediate assistance!
Car 375, en route to the scene!
- 34. It's the cops! What should we do?
- 35. Damn, and my motor coils
were just getting warmed up...
- 36. Bastards...
- 37. Let's go, Tetsuo!
- 38. Right!
- 39. Damn!
- 40. A skirmish has broken out
between student protesters...
- 41. and riot police assigned as security.
There appear to be some casualties.
- 42. Furthermore...
- 43. What the?
- 44. What the hell's going on?
- 45. Move it, jerk!
I'm in a hurry!
- 46. What was that?
- 47. Call the police!
- 48. Repeal the tax reforms!
- 49. This area is off-limits!
Go back! It's dangerous!
- 50. Something's strange here...
- 51. Let me through!
I'm sorry, let me through!
- 52. What's the big idea?
- 53. Look! Blood!
- 54. Who are they?
- 55. - Excuse me.
- Hey! Don't push!
- 56. Excuse me.
- 57. Hey! Watch it, jerk!
- 58. Pardon me. I'm sorry.
- 59. Ryu!
- 60. Hey! He ran away!
- 61. He's got a gun!
- 62. Fire!
- 63. Hold your fire!
There's a kid with him!
- 64. Run...
- 65. Hurry...
- 66. Go to Ryu...
- 67. Ryu will help you now...
- 68. Hurry... Get out of here...
- 69. Kei!
- 70. What are you doing? Hurry!
- 71. He vanished!
- 72. He's to the west.
- 73. The west? He's in
the old city, then.
- 74. Eat this!
- 75. Tetsuo!
- 76. Ryu! Ryu, where are you?
- 77. Kei!
- 78. No, that's!
- 79. How you like that?
- 80. Well? Who is it?
- 81. It's not him!
It's not Tetsuo!
- 82. Okay! Let's go!
- 83. You little...
What did you do?
- 84. Tetsuo!
Hang on! Hey!
- 85. Huh? What did you say?
- 86. That kid...
- 87. He's hurt bad!
- 88. Hey! Wait!
- 89. We gotta get him to a hospital!
- 90. - He needs an ambulance!
- We can't move him!
- 91. W-What the hell?
- 92. There's no escape.
- 93. We've come for you.
- 94. We can't survive on the outside.
Come on, let's go home.
- 95. It's the army!
Those are army helicopters!
- 96. Move out!
- 97. Down on your stomachs!
Spread your arms and legs!
- 98. Um... We're just, uh...
- 99. Down on your stomachs!
Spread your arms and legs!
- 100. Ow... Damn it, that hurts!
- 101. Kai!
- 102. Hey!
- 103. Sir?
- 104. Who are they?
- 105. They seem to be an
ordinary bike gang, sir.
- 106. We're going back.
- 107. Ow! Hey, wait a minute!
- 108. My arms don't bend that way, damn it!
- 109. Load the wounded onto the helicopter!
- 110. Tetsuo!
- 111. Wait! Where are you taking him?
- 112. Kaneda!
- 113. What the hell?
We didn't do anything!
- 114. He's heavy!
- 115. So you and your friends went out at night
on your bikes to visit your dying mother,
- 116. and a group of hooligans called the
Clowns picked a fight with you.
- 117. They hurt your friend,
so you lost your temper,
- 118. which is why eight Clown
members are now in the hospital.
- 119. That's your story?
- 120. She's cute!
- 121. Hey! You can't look at this!
- 122. And how's your mother doing?
- 123. Huh? Oh.
- 124. Luckily, she made it through
the worst of it last night.
- 125. And I suppose she's made it over
the mountains on a bike by now?
- 126. It couldn't be these bozos.
- 127. You can tell that just by looking.
- 128. Wait on that bench. Understand?
- 129. How much longer are we
gonna have to wait?
- 130. Okay! The next five,
come get in here!
- 131. So the army's working
with the police...
- 132. to hunt down anti-government
groups now, huh?
- 133. - Wanna put up a fight, huh?
- He's holding something!
- 134. Bastard!
- 135. Long live the freedom revolution!
- 136. He's got a grenade!
- 137. Crazy son of a bitch!
- 138. All right, that's enough!
Take him away!
- 139. We'll really teach him a lesson later.
- 140. You dumb bastard! If you wanna die,
just hang yourself or something!
- 141. Hey! You people can go.
We've contacted your school.
- 142. What? You son of a...
- 143. Hey, hold on a minute, pops!
- 144. "Pops"?
- 145. There was one more of us.
- 146. What?
- 147. Pardon me.
- 148. What're you...
- 149. This is her.
Can she leave with us?
- 150. Who are you calling "Pops," you punk?
- 151. Ow!
- 152. Look here, kid! I'm only 25!
I'm not even married!
- 153. So watch your mouth!
She can go with you!
- 154. Call a doctor!
- 155. So I think the army was chasing
that weird kid Kaneda saw...
- 156. I think I saw him, too.
- 157. And what about Tetsuo?
- 158. Why the hell wouldn't they
tell us what hospital he's in?
- 159. What did you say?
- 160. I was just wondering if you wanted to
grab some tea or something over there.
- 161. I figured we could have a nice,
long talk about that "revolution" deal.
- 162. Skirt-chasers will try
anything these days...
- 163. You'll help anyone so long
as it's a girl, won't you?
- 164. No way! I have high standards!
- 165. Line up!
No way! I have high standards!
- 166. It's not their looks that count.
- 167. It's their... I dunno, their
sensitivity that makes me do it.
- 168. I suppose I owe you one.
Thank you very much, uh...
- 169. I'm Kaneda.
Nice to meet you.
- 170. See you around, Kaneda.
- 171. You're leaving already?
Don't be like that!
- 172. Hey, come on!
I did save you and all!
- 173. At least tell me your
name, you bitch!
- 174. I'll try talking with them for
the time being, but it's risky.
- 175. If they think you're trying to avoid taking
responsibility, it'll blow up in your face.
- 176. I can't believe that there's a
mole on the executive council.
- 177. Even if that's true...
- 178. That isn't important.
- 179. What's important is diplomacy and political
maneuvering, which you seem to despise.
- 180. I never studied them in school, you see.
- 181. In any case, at the next
executive council meeting,
- 182. your poor management of this last
incident will be called into question.
- 183. There's a phone call for the Colonel.
- 184. You should put your affairs in order.
- 185. It's me.
- 186. This way, Colonel.
- 187. I'm terribly sorry to call you here,
- 188. but there's something
you really must see.
- 189. Please observe.
- 190. It's the special pattern
from that young boy.
- 191. It doesn't resemble
any I've seen so far,
- 192. and I've never seen a developmental
speed or configuration like this.
- 193. It may have begun with the shock of
contact with Number 26, or possibly...
- 194. Have you finished running a
comparison with Akira's pattern?
- 195. I'll superimpose it over this one.
- 196. This projection was constructed using
mixed data, so a comparison is difficult,
- 197. but I believe this boy's
pattern is the key to solving...
- 198. the riddle of Akira's
pattern growth process.
- 199. All right. Continue.
- 200. Very well, sir. Thank you.
- 201. I'm sure he'll turn out to be a
worthy addition to the Numbers.
- 202. It may be rough on him,
- 203. but I thought we might try starting
him off with level 7 capsules.
- 204. Is it safe?
- 205. Leave everything to me.
- 206. That's not what I meant!
- 207. I'm asking that if he turns out to
have power like Akira's like you said,
- 208. will we be able to control it?
- 209. Well, that's...
- 210. Can I leave this to you?
- 211. Well, if we use the latest examination
equipment to collect even more data...
- 212. and do a multifaceted
analysis, then surely...
- 213. Maybe we shouldn't
touch that power.
- 214. The power of God?
- 215. A... ki... ra...
- 216. But we have to.
We have to touch it and control it.
- 217. If it looks like it's too much for us
to handle, terminate him at once!
- 218. There can be no hesitation!
- 219. Very well, Colonel.
- 220. This school is your last chance!
- 221. If trash like you that can't keep up with
the academic ability of regular students...
- 222. If trash like you that can't keep up with
the academic ability of regular students...
- 223. and can't adapt to living in a group
screw up here, it's the end of the road!
- 224. Even if you're under 15, if you get more
than 50 penalty points on your record,
- 225. you're sent to the regular courts!
- 226. Bite me! Don't mess
with us, you bald goat!
- 227. Aren't any of you listening?
- 228. You lost me halfway through!
- 229. Discipline!
- 230. Discipline!
- 231. - Discipline!
- 232. Discipline!
- 233. Discipline!
- 234. Discipline!
- 235. Dismissed!
- 236. Thank you very much, sir!
- 237. You bastard! You and me are
gonna go at it someday, jack!
- 238. We're gonna remember this!
- 239. I hope you rot and die!
- 240. You sick bastard!
- 241. Shit...
- 242. Yamagata!
- 243. What happened to your cheek?
- 244. Shut the hell up.
- 245. Let me guess, Jaws from P. E?
- 246. They say you fought the Clowns
on a highway in the old city!
- 247. Yeah.
- 248. Why don't you just wipe 'em out?
Those guys are so gross!
- 249. And last night...
- 250. There were demonstrators,
cops, and even the damn army!
- 251. And that idiot Tetsuo
had an accident, too.
- 252. What happened to Tetsuo?
- 253. He's in the hospital, I guess,
but we don't know where.
- 254. The idiot was trying to show off.
- 255. That idiot...
- 256. What, you mean Tetsuo?
- 257. Shut up! I've had enough
of your damn flirting!
- 258. What's gotten into you?
- 259. Tetsuo? It's time for your medication.
- 260. Doctor! There's a problem!
- 261. I can't. The dorm mother throws
a fit if you go out before 10.
- 262. Yeah, the one with the face like a goat.
- 263. That old bag's such a pain... She's
always yammering on and on and on.
- 264. Tomorrow at three?
Sure, that'd be okay.
- 265. Hey, what happened to
that girl a while back?
- 266. I don't like her much. Her personality
just gets on my nerves.
- 267. Kaori...
- 268. Tetsuo!
- 269. Everyone's been worried about you!
They thought you might be dead.
- 270. When I woke up, I was on an
operating table or something.
- 271. And that examination...
- 272. It's like... they were messing
around inside my head.
- 273. I don't want to go back there.
- 274. Let's run away...
- 275. Where?
- 276. Someplace. Someplace far away.
- 277. - What's your problem?
- That's mine!
- 278. I wanna get laid!
- 279. Hey! Today's independent study!
- 280. Hey! Today's independent study!
- 281. Say what? What about
my burning desire to study?
- 282. Say what? What about
my burning desire to study?
- 283. Drag his butt in here!
- 284. Kaneda! Your bike!
- 285. My bike?
- 286. Look!
- 287. Tetsuo!
- 288. Are you sure this is okay?
- 289. Shut up! Just keep
quiet and hang on!
- 290. Huh?
- 291. What's wrong?
- 292. Shit!
- 293. Oh, no...
- 294. We're stopping...
- 295. Oh, okay. The engine can't drop below
5,000 even when you're changing gears.
- 296. Oh, okay. The engine can't drop below
5,000 even when you're changing gears.
- 297. - My butt hurts.
- Okay, I get it...
- 298. Look, bikes!
- 299. Is that Kaneda and?
- 300. It's not them!
- 301. Kaori!
- 302. Any sign of him?
- 303. Kuwata and the others went
to look around Kisarazu.
- 304. All that's left now is
the industrial area!
- 305. Okay, let's go!
- 306. We owe you for the other night!
- 307. Shut up!
- 308. Kaori! What did they do, Kaori?
- 309. Don't! If you so much as scratch
that bike, I'm gonna kill you!
- 310. Run!
- 311. Don't let 'em get away!
- 312. Wait!
- 313. Tetsuo!
- 314. That's enough, Tetsuo!
Are you trying to kill him?
- 315. Yes! I'm gonna kill him!
I'll split his damn head open!
- 316. Knock it off!
- 317. This happened because you
took my bike for a joyride.
- 318. Enough, already!
- 319. Shut up! Don't order me around!
- 320. We were worried about you.
- 321. Why do you always have
to come and save me?
- 322. I could've handled it myself!
I admit I got beat up that one time,
- 323. but I won't always be
on the receiving end!
- 324. Understand?
- 325. Tetsuo...
- 326. Shut up! Stay away from me!
- 327. Hey, wait!
Where are you going?
- 328. Leave me alone!
- 329. Akira!
- 330. Tetsuo!
- 331. What's wrong?
- 332. Akira!
- 333. I don't know who that is!
- 334. Tetsuo, are you...
- 335. Hey!
- 336. This is strange.
- 337. I'm getting a blue
pattern on scope #3!
- 338. Oh, no! Retrieve
the subject! Hurry!
- 339. What're you doing to my friend?
- 340. What's with you? You just
come back from a funeral?
- 341. Tetsuo!
- 342. Kaneda!
- 343. Shit...
- 344. Wait!
- 345. Hey, Kaneda...
- 346. I see we have some youngsters doing their
thing in spite of the tight checkpoints.
- 347. That just means that
they're stupid, don't it?
- 348. This is boring.
Hey, let's go home.
- 349. But it's still early!
- 350. Yeah, but without their bikes they're
just skirt-chasers out of water.
- 351. You mean "fish"!
- 352. Come on, let's go.
Let's toss these fish back!
- 353. Hey, Kaneda, what're we gonna do?
- 354. What the?
- 355. Look!
- 356. That's...
- 357. Here we go again... Let's get out of
here before we get involved again.
- 358. Huh?
- 359. Kaneda?
- 360. Hey!
- 361. This area is being cordoned off
due to a terrorist bombing.
- 362. Those who wish to get through,
line up in single file,
- 363. present your I D and go
through the checkpoint.
- 364. Get in.
- 365. What's wrong? Hurry.
I'll be right behind you.
- 366. You know the rendezvous point, right?
- 367. - Be careful.
- You too, Ryu.
- 368. Stop! Stop, damn it!
- 369. She's got a gun!
- 370. Okay, that's far enough!
- 371. Drop the gun!
- 372. Drop it now!
- 373. Stop!
- 374. I think it came from over here!
- 375. - There were two shots!
- No, three!
- 376. It's just up ahead!
- 377. Hey. Let's get out of here.
- 378. Come on!
- 379. Kaneda!
- 380. So, what's the matter?
Try telling me about it.
- 381. I had a dream.
- 382. A dream?
- 383. The city will be covered by a dark
shadow and start to crumble.
- 384. Lots of people died...
- 385. and we met Akira again.
- 386. Akira?
- 387. The city will crumble,
and so many people will die...
- 388. When? When will it happen, Kiyoko?
- 389. You mustn't let that boy go.
- 390. His power, it...
- 391. What did she mean?
- 392. Well, there's nothing
physically wrong with her.
- 393. Her medication is normal, too.
- 394. There's no sign of any abnormalities
in her ECG or EEG, either.
- 395. I think what Number 25 said was
her precognitive power at work.
- 396. This must be presented to the supreme
executive council for inquiry, but...
- 397. Do you believe her?
- 398. I have no doubts regarding
Number 25's abilities.
- 399. We have all sorts of data
that substantiate her abilities.
- 400. What about you, Colonel?
- 401. My job isn't to believe or disbelieve.
It's to act or not to act.
- 402. Here, sir.
- 403. Cold gear, Colonel.
Please put it on. You, too, Doctor.
- 404. The other day, a young
researcher asked me something.
- 405. He wondered if their power was the form the
next stage of human evolution was taking,
- 406. and perhaps that we'll all
be able to control it some day.
- 407. Scientists are a bunch of romantics.
- 408. Military men always
consider the risks first.
- 409. It's taken thirty long years.
- 410. We've come so far from the rubble.
- 411. We can't just trade one for the other.
- 412. I've always thought that you
hated this city, Colonel.
- 413. The passion to build has cooled and
the joy of reconstruction forgotten,
- 414. and now it's just a garbage heap
made up of hedonistic fools.
- 415. So you're trying to save the city, then.
- 416. It's how a soldier thinks.
A scientist wouldn't understand.
- 417. Colonel, we're here.
- 418. This way, sir.
- 419. Room 10, 148 degrees Kelvin.
- 420. Fluctuation tolerance range, check.
- 421. Room 9, 118 degrees Kelvin.
Fluctuation tolerance, check.
- 422. Emergency power generator, check.
- 423. Open it.
- 424. Yes, sir.
- 425. Uh...
- 426. Go to the Control Room!
- 427. Yes sir!
- 428. Room 1 is at 0.0005 degrees Kelvin.
It's within tolerances.
- 429. No abnormalities detected
in any of the rooms'...
- 430. Dewar Walls or in
the defense system.
- 431. No abnormal atmospheric
concentrations or reactions recorded.
- 432. All systems nominal, then?
- 433. Look at what they abandoned
in their panic. They were afraid!
- 434. They were too scared, so they
hid it away from the public.
- 435. They forgot all shame and honor...
- 436. and cast off the civilization
and science we had created,
- 437. and shut the lid of the Pandora's
Box they themselves had opened.
- 438. Ryu!
- 439. Hey, we're still young.
- 440. I think we can start over.
- 441. I'll go with you to the police.
- 442. Ryu!
- 443. Come on, turn yourself in!
- 444. That was the first time you
ever killed somebody, right?
- 445. Ryu!
- 446. Anyway, once you've
purified your body and soul,
- 447. let's go out for tea or something.
- 448. Don't kick yourself over it, okay?
- 449. What's done is done.
The guy's dead.
- 450. Who're you?
- 451. Ryu! You're okay!
- 452. - Kei, is that you?
- 453. Who's this?
- 454. Who, me?
- 455. Well, I guess saying I'm Kei's
boyfriend might be stretching it a bit.
- 456. But we haven't gotten physical
or anything yet, understand?
- 457. - Are you a spy?
- 458. Liar!
- 459. Is he really okay?
- 460. All I know for sure is
that he's not a spy.
- 461. Ow...
- 462. Sneak into their lab?
- 463. Are you serious? Don't you remember
the fiasco with that kid?
- 464. Last-minute orders.
Besides, the plan's already in place.
- 465. The lab passes they
issue once a week...
- 466. They're from Mr. Nezu?
- 467. What's the objective?
- 468. Detailed data on the new subject.
- 469. New subject?
- 470. Yes. Last week, on the night we tried
to abduct the subject called Number 26,
- 471. a boy who was in an accident on an
old city highway was brought to the lab.
- 472. Looks like he's a student at
a vocational training school,
- 473. but he's now their new subject
for human experimentation.
- 474. Ow!
- 475. OW! What's the big idea?
- 476. You!
- 477. He heard us! Let's kill him!
- 478. Ryu!
- 479. W-Wait a minute! Listen to me!
Listen to what I have to say!
- 480. He saved me!
- 481. Twice!
- 482. Maybe it was just to get close to us.
- 483. The guy who was in that accident in
the old city is a friend of mine!
- 484. I know it's hard to believe,
but it's the truth!
- 485. I was there when it happened!
- 486. Don't they say the only foolish
questions are unasked ones?
- 487. Huh? They don't?
- 488. That's an intriguing story.
- 489. Will you be taking the boy with you?
- 490. He knows the subject, and I think we
can use him as a decoy if necessary.
- 491. Neo Tokyo is going to change.
- 492. In all respects, this city is saturated.
It's like an overripe fruit.
- 493. And within it is a new seed.
- 494. We only need to wait for the
wind which will make it fall.
- 495. The wind called Akira!
- 496. Ryu, look!
- 497. What is it?
- 498. We aren't the ones who will change it,
- 499. but rather, those citizens
who hope for Akira will.
- 500. That which is called science
- 501. That which is called progress
- 502. That which is called civilization
devastates the spirit of man!
- 503. That which is called civilization
devastates the spirit of man!
- 504. The time of atonement is upon us!
- 505. The time of his awakening is nigh!
- 506. The time of Lord Akira's
awakening draws near!
- 507. Are your hearts prepared?
- 508. All right, break it up!
Are your hearts prepared?
- 509. Holding meetings
here is prohibited!
- 510. Break up this illegal gathering!
- 511. Terrorist activities carried out by...
- 512. anti-government elements
have skyrocketed this month.
- 513. The army, riot police, and even traffic
police have been fully mobilized.
- 514. The overtime costs alone have
used up the public safety budget.
- 515. And then there's the
abduction of Number 26!
- 516. Isn't their existence supposed
to be highest of state secrets?
- 517. No one's ever heard of" Peace and
Order" here in Neo Tokyo, then?
- 518. And then there's this request of yours...
- 519. for further funding because of
subject Number 25's prediction.
- 520. You must be joking!
- 521. We Parliament members have been
begging the public to bear with us...
- 522. while we straighten out the former Prime
Minister's historic tax reform blunders,
- 523. so where, exactly, are we supposed
to get that kind of money?
- 524. You've spent a fortune, and all we have to
show for it is that grotesque kindergarten!
- 525. The Olympics are next year.
The postwar period is over.
- 526. How much longer will you keep
spending money on some ghost?
- 527. I always said that we should've put
that money into the welfare program!
- 528. Shut up, old man!
- 529. What?
- 530. That power is starting to walk
around free as we speak.
- 531. Unless we control it now,
we'll lose everything!
- 532. Who do you think you're
talking to, youngster?
- 533. It was your lack of policy that
started this mess in the first place!
- 534. There's still no proof that the last
World War was caused by Akira!
- 535. Won't you even try to
understand anything at all...
- 536. unless an Akira disaster
- 537. Has anyone actually
seen this "Akira"?
- 538. Wasn't Akira Number 25?
- 539. No, I think he was Number 21...
- 540. The Colonel has lost sight
of his duty as a soldier.
- 541. I've had reports that anti-government
elements are using...
- 542. this "Akira" madness of yours as an
excuse to whip up their terrorist fervor!
- 543. No! That's untrue!
- 544. Then what about that Akira
world renewal movement?
- 545. Wouldn't you say that
information's being leaked?
- 546. World renewal movement?
End of the world, more like!
- 547. Aren't you just using Akira as camouflage
to cover up your misconduct?
- 548. What are you getting at?
- 549. Colonel, we can no
longer leave the peace...
- 550. of Neo Tokyo to your
- 551. Right!
- 552. You are to be put before
an inquiry committee.
- 553. I agree!
- 554. Excuse me!
- 555. Colonel!
Colonel, where are you...
- 556. Wait! This discussion isn't over yet!
- 557. Explain yourself!
- 558. Are you trying to insult the
supreme executive council?
- 559. Colonel!
- 560. Wait, Colonel!
- 561. W-Water...
- 562. Hey, wait a minute...
- 563. Isn't that cable replacement
scheduled for next week?
- 564. The cable they ordered came in early.
- 565. Besides, I'm going on vacation
at the end of the week.
- 566. Besides, I'm going on vacation
at the end of the week.
- 567. I've brought some workers with me, too.
- 568. I could take it back, but the work's
gonna be done sooner or later.
- 569. Okay, let's go.
- 570. What the?
- 571. Milk?
- 572. Stay away!
- 573. Blood!
- 574. I'm scared!
- 575. Jerk!
- 576. W-Who the hell are they?
- 577. Room 887, Tetsuo Shima...
- 578. A problem with the automatic lock?
- 579. Hey! You can't just walk
off from your room!
- 580. Come on, let's go back.
- 581. What the hell happened?
What a mess!
- 582. There are 58 blocks with circuits
that the computer won't display.
- 583. Of those, nearly 40 are concentrated
on underground levels 7 and 8.
- 584. That's probably the place.
- 585. The central wiring shaft
should be up ahead.
- 586. We should be able to use it to
go straight to the sublevels.
- 587. Be careful, it's deeper in the middle.
- 588. What a stink!
- 589. Quiet!
- 590. What? I said it stinks
because it stinks!
- 591. - Is your nose busted?
- Hurry up and stay quiet!
- 592. Damn! Hide!
- 593. Huh? Where?
- 594. What're you doing, you idiot?
- 595. They left?
- 596. Looks like they've beefed up security.
- 597. Must be that siren we heard.
- 598. What should we do?
Scout around some?
- 599. No.
- 600. - Are you okay?
- Let's keep going.
- 601. I want to check out their
security at the very least.
- 602. All right.
- 603. We've been spotted! Run!
- 604. Shit!
- 605. Don't! Don't shoot!
- 606. Shimazaki! Shit!
- 607. Forget about him! Run!
- 608. What the hell is that?
- 609. Here it comes!
- 610. Forget it! You can't do any good!
- 611. Die!
- 612. This is Unit 304, Shaft H!
- 613. Have encountered intruders and
am engaging! Request backup!
- 614. Here it comes!
- 615. Kei!
- 616. Where's that gun?
- 617. Damn it!
- 618. Kaneda!
- 619. Kei, this way!
- 620. Hurry!
- 621. Kaneda, hurry!
- 622. Kaneda!
- 623. The brakes!
Where are the brakes?
- 624. That's not it?
- 625. This is the central wiring shaft!
- 626. It's gotta be this one, then!
- 627. Okay, I'm getting the hang of this!
- 628. Ask the Colonel for
clearance to fire!
- 629. Turn that up!
- 630. There must be some mistake.
- 631. That boy looks like the patient
they admitted to the lab.
- 632. The boy, the subject named
Tetsuo Shima, broke out of his room.
- 633. I think he's headed for the Baby Room.
- 634. Tetsuo?
- 635. He is an extremely dangerous state!
Don't let him through!
- 636. I repeat, do not let him through!
- 637. What the?
- 638. It's no use hiding.
- 639. We have no choice, then.
Use your guns!
- 640. We can't let him go any farther,
no matter what it takes!
- 641. Fire!
- 642. So, here you are...
- 643. Stop it!
- 644. How long are you gonna
keep playing around?
- 645. Where'd the other one go?
- 646. Why, you...
- 647. Die!
- 648. Takashi!
- 649. What the hell is going on?
Am I dreaming or something?
- 650. I never knew I had powers like this!
- 651. Damn it, which way should I go?
- 652. Straight. Straight ahead...
- 653. Huh?
- 654. There's a freight elevator.
- 655. We can take it to sublevel 8.
- 656. Good, you're all together.
- 657. You thought you could kill me?
- 658. You tried to mess with me...
I'm gonna kill you!
- 659. That was you...
- 660. Takashi!
- 661. Attack him together!
- 662. O-Okay.
- 663. You little twerps!
- 664. That's enough!
All of you!
- 665. Who the hell are you?
- 666. What's the matter? Does your
head hurt, Tetsuo Shima?
- 667. Your power isn't fully matured.
- 668. If you push yourself, you might
do irreparable damage.
- 669. Just do as we tell you.
- 670. What the hell did you
people do to my head?
- 671. Calm yourself, Tetsuo Shima!
- 672. He can't control it.
- 673. What?
- 674. She said that big people like you
should never use the power like that.
- 675. She says something
horrible will happen.
- 676. Mind your own business.
- 677. What? More powerful than me?
- 678. He's the one! He's been popping
in and out of my head lately!
- 679. Where is he?
Where's this "Akira"?
- 680. What?
- 681. Kiyoko said that
you'll awaken Akira.
- 682. If that happens, no one will
be able to stop him.
- 683. So before that can happen,
we have to stop you.
- 684. Impossible! Akira's already...
- 685. WHERE IS HE?
- 686. Stop it!
- 687. Shut up!
- 688. Threat level to facility
integrity has passed level 7.
- 689. Enacting disaster protocols.
- 690. Threat level to facility
integrity has passed level 7.
- 691. Enacting disaster protocols.
- 692. What the?
- 693. Hands up!
- 694. Where the hell is the "Baby Room"?
- 695. Oh, no! Run!
- 696. Gangway, coming through!
- 697. Damn it, move!
- 698. Kiyoko...
- 699. Damn, that hurt...
- 700. Kaneda? What're you doing here?
- 701. Tetsuo! Are you okay?
I'm here to rescue you!
- 702. Hurry up, you moron! If we don't get out
of here, those guys outside are gonna...
- 703. There he is! Catch him!
- 704. Stay away from me!
- 705. Kaneda!
- 706. Oh, right. I forgot you
were there, Kaneda.
- 707. That's okay, Kaneda.
- 708. I won't be needing you
to save me anymore.
- 709. From now on,
I'll be saving you.
- 710. All you have to do is ask, Kanny.
- 711. Say what? Who the hell do
you think you're talking to?
- 712. You don't like the way I talk?
- 713. Does it make you mad?
- 714. Well, what're you
gonna do about it?
- 715. Huh, Kaneda? What're
you gonna do about it?
- 716. That's enough!
Don't hurt anyone else!
- 717. Where's this "Akira" guy?
- 718. He...
- 719. The Olympic stadium?
In an underground facility?
- 720. No! You're wrong! Akira is...
- 721. Wait!
- 722. What the hell?
I can do this, too?
- 723. Kiyoko, are you okay?
- 724. It doesn't look like she's hurt.
- 725. What about you, Masaru?
- 726. What happened to him?
- 727. He flew away.
- 728. How can he have so much power?
- 729. How could this have happened?
Is anyone here?
- 730. He's developed so much
power in such a short time...
- 731. Find him! Find Tetsuo!
- 732. - Find him! Go after him!
- Kaneda! Hang on, Kaneda!
- 733. Hurry up!
Get that rubble cleared!
- 734. He went to where Akira is.
- 735. What?
You're all safe!
- 736. He's heading for the facility below
the Olympic construction site.
- 737. How did Tetsuo find out about that?
- 738. You mean he's gone outside?
- 739. Damn it! We'll follow him!
Prepare for pursuit!
- 740. - Yes sir!
- He's heading west!
- 741. He's heading for the
Olympic construction site!
- 742. Tell them to beef up their security!
- 743. - You!
- Set up checkpoints on all...
- 744. According to the defense team, intruders
were encountered in the wiring shaft.
- 745. Two disguised as workers resisted
and were shot, and the rest are at large.
- 746. He has to be stopped
before his powers mature...
- 747. Your objective is the boy Tetsuo Shima.
- 748. If we are unable to capture him, you will
lure him out to the old city and attack.
- 749. Request assistance from the
Eastern District Battalion.
- 750. Yes sir!
- 751. Tell them there isn't a moment to lose!
- 752. I've been waiting for you, Colonel.
- 753. Who the hell are you?
- 754. I'm here to inform you of the supreme
executive council's decision.
- 755. At 2400 hours today, the Colonel is hereby
stripped of his command and rank,
- 756. and will be placed under arrest.
- 757. What?
- 758. Please come with us.
- 759. You expect me to hand Neo Tokyo
over to those fools at a time like this?
- 760. - Shoot him.
- Yes sir!
- 761. What?
- 762. W-Wait!
- 763. Enough! Open your eyes and
look at the big picture!
- 764. We can't dance to the tune of
corrupt politicians and capitalists!
- 765. Don't you understand?
It's pointless to fight anymore!
- 766. Announce a state of emergency, arrest
all members of the executive council...
- 767. and remove them from
the chain of command!
- 768. We're going after Tetsuo!
- 769. Urgent message to all district
- 770. Hey, what's up?
You by yourself?
- 771. Weren't you in an
accident or something?
- 772. Everybody's been worried.
So, you feeling better?
- 773. Gimme some... capsules.
- 774. Hey, are you sure about that?
You don't look so hot.
- 775. Just hand 'em over!
- 776. All right, if you say so.
- 777. But with all those demonstrations and
terrorist attacks lately, things are rough.
- 778. They're hard to come by,
so they're pretty expensive.
- 779. Tetsuo's run off, Kaneda's disappeared...
I guess the team's finished.
- 780. And the checkpoints are so strict,
even the Clowns are staying put.
- 781. What's wrong?
- 782. What's wrong?
- 783. He's dead!
- 784. What?
- 785. What the?
- 786. Tetsuo?
- 787. What are you doing here?
- 788. You want some, too?
- 789. What are you talking about, damn it?
What the hell happened here?
- 790. The barkeep's dead!
- 791. A fish out of water dies, huh?
- 792. You are Tetsuo... Aren't you?
- 793. Kaneda sends his regards.
- 794. You saw Kaneda?
- 795. He's probably dead by now...
- 796. You did this, Tetsuo?
- 797. So anyway... Where's Kaneda's bike?
- 798. Tetsuo!
- 799. I don't need a piece of junk
like that anymore...
- 800. You son of a...
- 801. Yamagata!
- 802. Shit...
- 803. He went to where Akira is?
- 804. That's what that girl said.
- 805. The army, you, and Ryu are all
looking for this "Akira" guy,
- 806. so that's why you're
chasing after Tetsuo.
- 807. It has something to do with
that power of Tetsuo's, right?
- 808. What the hell is this "Akira"
thing you keep talking about?
- 809. Ryu told me about it once.
He said that Akira is absolute energy.
- 810. Absolute energy?
- 811. Humans do all kinds of things
during their lifetime, right?
- 812. Discovering things, building things...
- 813. Things like houses, motorcycles,
bridges, cities, and rockets...
- 814. All that knowledge and energy...
Where do you suppose it comes from?
- 815. Humans were like monkeys once, right?
- 816. And before that, like reptiles and fish.
- 817. And before that, plankton and amoebas.
- 818. Even creatures like those have
incredible energy inside them.
- 819. Because of genes, I guess.
- 820. And even before that, maybe there
were genes in the water and air.
- 821. Even in space dust, too, I bet.
- 822. If that's true, what
memories are hidden in it?
- 823. The beginning of the universe, maybe.
Or maybe even before that.
- 824. Hey, what's the matter?
Are you okay?
- 825. Did you get hit on
the head back there?
- 826. Maybe everyone has those memories.
- 827. What if there were some mistake
and the progression went wrong,
- 828. and something like an amoeba
were given power like a human's?
- 829. That's what Akira is?
- 830. Amoebas don't build
houses and bridges.
- 831. They just devour all
the food around them.
- 832. That's what Tetsuo's doing?
You're saying he has that kind of energy?
- 833. A long time ago, there were people
who tried to control that power.
- 834. At the government's request, you see.
- 835. They failed, and it
triggered the Fall of Tokyo.
- 836. That power is still too much for...
- 837. What?
- 838. The door's unlocked.
- 839. Huh?
- 840. This has got to be a trap.
- 841. Go back, then.
- 842. No, we ought to find out
how much of it is a trap...
- 843. By the way, what's with
you and that Ryu guy?
- 844. - What do you mean?
- You're always together.
- 845. That's none of your business!
- 846. What I'm saying is, he doesn't
know about us, does he?
- 847. "Us"?
- 848. Hey, wait a minute!
What's that supposed to mean?
- 849. Do you think this will work?
- 850. It can't be helped. At this point,
our only option is to use her.
- 851. The fact that she turned up right under
our noses says as much, I think.
- 852. I guess...
- 853. Have arrived at Ward 13,
East Ginza intersection. Over.
- 854. Northern District battalion has not
responded to mobilization request.
- 855. Special search team to HQ!
Special search team to HQ!
- 856. We're at the Haruki-ya snack bar near
the highway interchange in Ward 8.
- 857. It doesn't look like a bomb explosion,
so we think it was him.
- 858. It was almost certainly the work of the
subject that escaped from the lab.
- 859. Yes, sir! Yes, sir!
- 860. Kaneda!
- 861. What? Yamagata's dead?
- 862. Something seemed strange about
him from the second I saw him.
- 863. He was wearing what looked
like a white hospital gown.
- 864. It was like he was
a different person.
- 865. Yamagata asked him if
he was really Tetsuo.
- 866. And then... Yamagata, he...
- 867. We've always been together.
- 868. I've known everything about him
since we were in the children's home.
- 869. He was a klutz, and
everybody made him cry.
- 870. Oh, right... He wanted to
know where your bike was.
- 871. My bike?
- 872. What're you gonna do?
- 873. I'm gonna send Yamagata his bike.
- 874. You dumb bastard!
- 875. Kaneda!
- 876. Kei!
- 877. What's wrong?
- 878. You! You were there that night...
- 879. Wait!
- 880. Kei!
- 881. They disappeared!
- 882. You were the ones who changed
Tetsuo too, weren't you?
- 883. Akira's power exists within everyone.
- 884. Who's there?
- 885. But when that power is awakened,
you must choose how to use it,
- 886. even if you weren't prepared for it.
- 887. And he has made his choice.
- 888. Tetsuo is our newest companion.
- 889. We're partly to blame for his actions.
- 890. Why did you take Kei, then?
- 891. We want her to help us.
- 892. You can't just use people like that!
Bring Kei back!
- 893. Tetsuo's our friend! If anyone's
gonna kill him, it should be us!
- 894. Hey!
- 895. Damn it!
- 896. Mr. Omi and the other executives
have been arrested by the coup?
- 897. Y-Yes, that's right.
- 898. The house guards are
fighting them right now.
- 899. Yes.
- 900. I'd like to have a helicopter
waiting at West Haneda.
- 901. Yes.
- 902. That damned Colonel...
I can't believe he's taken up arms.
- 903. I underestimated him.
- 904. Hold them here! Damn!
- 905. Mr. Nezu...
- 906. R-Ryu? Is that you?
- 907. I'm sorry, sir...
- 908. The mission was a failure.
- 909. What are you doing here?
- 910. I've told you, you can't be seen here!
- 911. All of my men...
- 912. They've all been killed.
- 913. Y-You sold me out,
didn't you, you bastard?
- 914. What? You can't be...
- 915. Kei...
- 916. I got fresh fish in here, buddy!
I'm gonna get compensated for 'em, right?
- 917. Please, I have to catch a flight at noon!
- 918. What?
- 919. 7th Avenue is just ahead!
- 920. It intersects this road
100 meters from here!
- 921. Prepare for battle!
- 922. Right, we've spotted the subject.
- 923. What? Attack?
- 924. But he's just a...
We're attacking a boy?
- 925. Look! There he is!
- 926. Impossible!
- 927. Is this for real?
- 928. Firing preparations complete.
- 929. Damn it! Fire!
- 930. - Akira!
- It's Lord Akira!
- 931. It's the advent of Lord Akira!
- 932. That's not him!
Don't be fooled!
- 933. That's not Lord Akira!
- 934. Shut up!
- 935. Long live Lord Akira!
- 936. Fire!
- 937. Huh?
- 938. What's wrong?
- 939. Neo Tokyo Broadcasting is
exclusively covering the news...
- 940. in spite of martial law in the
name of freedom of the press!
- 941. in spite of martial law in the
name of freedom of the press!
- 942. What in the world is happening
here in Neo Tokyo?
- 943. What you see here seems to be
fires caused by tank cannons.
- 944. But who is this young boy?
- 945. Is he fighting the coup
forces all by himself?
- 946. Viewers, the army has just
illegally ordered us to land!
- 947. Freedom of the press
is now in jeopardy!
- 948. What happened?
Were they cut off?
- 949. The bridge! He's heading
for the bridge!
- 950. Let's go see!
- 951. Are you really going alone?
- 952. He wants this, doesn't he?
- 953. We should call the gang together.
- 954. Hey!
- 955. I wouldn't want to keep him waiting.
- 956. Hey, Kaneda! Wait!
- 957. Half seem to be
- 958. The rest are... Well, they're more
like some crazy cult than onlookers.
- 959. They're following after the subject,
and more and more keep coming.
- 960. Oh, flames of purity,
- 961. raze this corrupt city!
- 962. Consume our unclean hearts!
- 963. Fear not!
- 964. Your bodies will be
purified in the flames!
- 965. Ready!
- 966. Fire!
- 967. Set the switch to hold for three
seconds and converge your beams!
- 968. Aim!
- 969. Fire!
- 970. Watch this!
- 971. Look out!
Let's get out of here!
- 972. Help me!
- 973. Ground forces!
Ground forces, come in!
- 974. Report! What is the subject's status?
- 975. Ground forces!
- 976. Call the Doctor.
- 977. We have confirmation of his recent
movements and are in pursuit.
- 978. His present position is... Let's see...
- 979. Coordinates 99871 by 4332.
- 980. That's about 2 km south of the Olympics
construction site in the old city.
- 981. What?
- 982. What was that?
- 983. Look!
- 984. That's near the toll booth that's
being guarded by the 2nd platoon.
- 985. Wha?
- 986. Huh?
- 987. Please turn around!
This area's off limits to civilians!
- 988. What? That's the subject?
- 989. S-Stop!
- 990. Stop, damn it!
- 991. Nice place you have here.
- 992. Wait, you were with Kaneda.
- 993. You shouldn't use your power this way.
- 994. What?
- 995. In the end, you won't
be able to control it.
- 996. The kids...
- 997. You're those brats, aren't you?
- 998. Okay, then!
- 999. What the?
- 1000. It's not safe here, Colonel!
- 1001. Well, what're you gonna do?
- 1002. Open up!
- 1003. What the hell?
- 1004. That's Akira, Tetsuo!
- 1005. That's the "Akira"
you wanted to meet.
- 1006. There's your Messiah!
- 1007. After his transcendental awakening,
- 1008. his body was subjected to
every test known to science.
- 1009. And that's what was left of it.
- 1010. The scientists back then were
unable to solve the mystery,
- 1011. so they decided to entrust their
collected data and test samples...
- 1012. to future generations by
preserving them in a frozen capsule.
- 1013. SOI... We'll use SOL!
- 1014. Sir?
- 1015. Akira is already dead!
- 1016. Well? Are you satisfied now, Tetsuo?
- 1017. So come back with us!
- 1018. Like hell!
- 1019. Contact the central defense center...
- 1020. and tell them to patch us
through to SOL's control circuits!
- 1021. Yes sir!
- 1022. Hey, watch it!
- 1023. Damn it, move!
Get out of the way!
- 1024. What is this, science class?
- 1025. What's wrong?
Have some trouble?
- 1026. Yeah, but I already took care of it.
- 1027. If you were here earlier,
you could've watched the show.
- 1028. You had me worried again.
- 1029. I figured you'd be standing here,
sobbing like a little baby.
- 1030. Kaneda, you've always
been a pain in the ass.
- 1031. You've been telling me what
to do ever since we were kids.
- 1032. You always treat me like a kid.
- 1033. You always show up and
start bossing me around!
- 1034. And now you're a boss, too...
- 1035. Of this pile of rubble.
- 1036. Kaneda!
- 1037. That's Mister Kaneda to you, punk!
- 1038. Die!
- 1039. Tetsuo!
- 1040. Son of a...
- 1041. Kei!
- 1042. Oh, hell!
- 1043. Let's do it!
- 1044. Got him!
- 1045. Huh?
- 1046. The battery?
- 1047. What's the matter, Kaneda?
- 1048. God damn it!
This ain't fair, Tetsuo!
- 1049. Fight with your bare hands!
- 1050. Oh, this is funny...
- 1051. Feeling frustrated, Kaneda?
- 1052. Now do you understand how it feels?
- 1053. What's this light?
- 1054. Well, did you hit him?
- 1055. We're too close to the impact point.
There's too much electrical interference.
- 1056. Prepare a second volley!
- 1057. Hey! Kaneda!
- 1058. Tetsuo!
- 1059. Shit...
- 1060. Huh?
- 1061. What the?
- 1062. Correcting for tracking system error.
- 1063. T-minus-20 to energy alteration.
- 1064. - Fire extinguishers!
- Are you okay?
- 1065. Hurry! Hurry!
- 1066. What happened?
What's going on?
- 1067. Kaneda!
- 1068. Kai! Kei!
- 1069. - Kaneda!
- 1070. Get on!
- 1071. Get on? Where?
- 1072. Hurry! Hurry!
- 1073. What's that?
- 1074. They say it's SOL.
- 1075. Magnificent...
- 1076. When Tetsuo's power reaches its peak?
- 1077. That's when we do it.
- 1078. But will it work?
- 1079. The future doesn't proceed
along a single course.
- 1080. There ought to be a
future we can choose.
- 1081. What's Tetsuo's status?
- 1082. Ah. Colonel...
- 1083. We set up a camera in the
stadium a while ago.
- 1084. We have him under observation.
- 1085. Colonel, you must take
a look at this data!
- 1086. We're still analyzing the energy
given off by the subject, but...
- 1087. It's magnificent.
- 1088. This is clearly a proton collapse.
- 1089. We're also detecting a fair number of
what we believe to be unknown particles.
- 1090. If we can put this into a
theoretical framework, physics...
- 1091. No, science...
- 1092. Humanity itself could touch the
fundamental truths of the universe!
- 1093. Oh. That's...
- 1094. We still haven't finished
making our adjustments.
- 1095. Uh, Colonel!
- 1096. T-That's!
- 1097. You bastard!
What did I tell you?
- 1098. B-But, Colonel!
- 1099. I couldn't throw away such
a magnificent subject!
- 1100. Shut up!
- 1101. Shit! It's on fire!
- 1102. The battery! The battery!
- 1103. My bike! It's burning up!
- 1104. Hey, what's a bike or two?
- 1105. What? Then there's nothing wrong
with using yours, right?
- 1106. You heard that?
- 1107. Yeah, I did!
- 1108. Hey, your bike's still on fire.
- 1109. Tetsuo?
- 1110. Tetsuo, why does everyone
call you "Akira"?
- 1111. He never existed in the first place.
- 1112. They didn't care who it was.
- 1113. Just so long as he destroyed things.
- 1114. Your arm!
- 1115. It doesn't look like much,
but it works pretty good.
- 1116. What's wrong? Are you okay?
- 1117. It's nothing!
- 1118. Tetsuo...
- 1119. Shut up! Just go away!
- 1120. Medicine...
- 1121. What's wrong, Tetsuo?
Are you in pain?
- 1122. Go back to the lab and get
me some of that medicine!
- 1123. Did you hear that, Doctor?
- 1124. Yes, Colonel.
- 1125. Well? Can you see any signs of it?
- 1126. I'm not entirely certain,
- 1127. but it seems that the power that had been
held back by the drugs is breaking free.
- 1128. He may not be able to control power
that has awakened so suddenly.
- 1129. At any rate, he's in an
extremely dangerous condition!
- 1130. If you don't go back to the lab and
receive proper treatment, you may die.
- 1131. You want me to enroll in that
kindergarten and live happily ever after?
- 1132. Take my medicine every day
and shrivel up like those kids?
- 1133. Kaori...
- 1134. Kaori...
- 1135. Please... I need that medicine...
- 1136. No!
- 1137. Tetsuo!
- 1138. Tetsuo!
- 1139. Tetsuo...
- 1140. Kaneda?
- 1141. Huh?
- 1142. Son of a...
- 1143. You kids... What are you doing here?
- 1144. You never learn, do you?
- 1145. Tetsuo!
- 1146. Takashi...
- 1147. Akira...
- 1148. Kaneda? H-Help me!
- 1149. Kaori...
- 1150. Help me!
- 1151. Help me!
- 1152. Stop it!
- 1153. Kaori?
- 1154. Kaori!
- 1155. Kaori!
- 1156. Tetsuo? Is that you, Tetsuo?
- 1157. Kaori! Kaori's gonna die!
- 1158. What? What did you say?
- 1159. My body's not doing what I tell it to!
- 1160. My power's acting on its own!
- 1161. Kaori!
- 1162. Kaori's dying!
- 1163. Kaneda, help me!
- 1164. Stop, Tetsuo!
- 1165. Stop it!
- 1166. Kaori's pain is coming into me!
- 1167. Tetsuo!
- 1168. Kaneda! Run away!
- 1169. Tetsuo!
- 1170. Kiyoko! Takashi! Masaru!
Get away from here!
- 1171. Come on!
- 1172. I can't believe it. It's as if...
- 1173. Kiyoko! Taka...
- 1174. Hi, Akira.
- 1175. Th-This is...
- 1176. But that's... Oh, no!
- 1177. W-Where am I?
- 1178. Hurry! Get into the tunnel!
- 1179. You'll be safe in there.
- 1180. Kiyoko! Where are you?
- 1181. Tetsuo!
- 1182. Kaneda!
- 1183. Hang on!
- 1184. If you don't get out of
here now, you'll...
- 1185. Out of the way!
- 1186. Tetsuo!
- 1187. Don't go!
- 1188. No, Takashi!
- 1189. If you went in now,
you'd be trapped, too.
- 1190. But none of this is his fault!
- 1191. Takashi!
- 1192. Takashi!
- 1193. If we went in, we wouldn't be
strong enough to come back out.
- 1194. But if the three of us worked together,
maybe we could at least save that boy.
- 1195. You're right.
- 1196. Together, the three of us could...
- 1197. Oh, man!
- 1198. We should get out of here. Hey!
- 1199. Kaneda...
- 1200. Look, you're not revving
your engine enough.
- 1201. When you go into a corner, lean like
you're trying to kill yourself. Watch!
- 1202. What're you doing?
- 1203. Cornering, man.
- 1204. Got it, Tetsuo?
- 1205. Look, there's another one!
- 1206. - Another transfer student?
- He was abandoned.
- 1207. You can see it in his face.
- 1208. Are... Are these your dreams, Tetsuo?
- 1209. Wait!
- 1210. This is Akira?
- 1211. Yes. We called him.
- 1212. To have him take Tetsuo away.
- 1213. Take him away?
Take him where?
- 1214. It's too much for Tetsuo.
- 1215. And for us. And for Akira.
- 1216. It's too big for us as we are now.
- 1217. But someday, we'll
also be able to...
- 1218. You see, it's already begun.
- 1219. Your friend's...
- 1220. My friend?
- 1221. Kei! You mean Kei, don't you?
- 1222. Tetsuo...
- 1223. This is yours, right?
- 1224. They're always like that with the new kids.
You came today, right?
- 1225. They beat me up, too.
- 1226. But the truth is,
those guys are wimps.
- 1227. I'm Tetsuo. Tetsuo Shima.
- 1228. To tell you the truth,
I just got here myself.
- 1229. I'm...
- 1230. Kaneda...
- 1231. Kaneda?
- 1232. Kaneda!
- 1233. Kei?
- 1234. W-What's happening?
What in the world is happening?
- 1235. B-But this isn't...
- 1236. If this is correct, it's almost as if...
Is this the birth of a universe?
- 1237. Kei!
- 1238. What happened?
- 1239. It's disappearing!
- 1240. Kaneda!
- 1241. Tetsuo...
- 1242. Kaneda...
- 1243. Thanks.
- 1244. You called to me, right?
I heard you.
- 1245. Kaneda, don't tell me you're...
- 1246. What about Tetsuo?
- 1247. He left.
- 1248. So did those three kids.
- 1249. Akira, too.
- 1250. Kaneda, back then, you...
- 1251. Kaneda! You're alive?
- 1252. I thought you were
in there for sure!
- 1253. Tetsuo...
- 1254. What happened to Tetsuo?
- 1255. Is he dead?
- 1256. I'm not so sure.
But he's probably...
- 1257. But someday, we'll
also be able to...
- 1258. You see, it's already begun.
- 1259. I am... Tetsuo.