- 1. We don't have much time,
- 2. Saya?
- 3. Something wrong?
- 4. Every bloodsucker you kill,
brings us one step closer.
- 5. I'm not here for those bottomfeeders.
- 6. There's only matter of time...
- 7. and patience.
- 8. Jesus Christ.
- 9. - Mike, something's not right.
- 10. There ain't no bloodsucker in there.
- 11. He's human.
- 12. It didn't have time to transform,
- 13. You're gonna take her word for it?
What if she just screwed up?
- 14. Saya, that's enough.
- 15. Get some rest.
- 16. I'll be at the hotel tomorrow.
- 17. - The little bitch is out of control.
- We need her.
- 18. Saya's all we've got.
- 19. Michael?
- 20. Let's go.
- 21. Three deaths on the American airbase
within a week.
- 22. Our cleaners got there in time.
- 23. - No one saw the bodies.
- The underlings are feeding.
- 24. You know what they're saying
- 25. When the hungry demons feed without discretion
- 26. Onigen is near.
- 27. You're about to get your wish.
- 28. Facet the leader of the pack.
- 29. The plan?
- 30. The council wants you on the base,
to find more on the leads.
- 31. I don't investigate,
- 32. Be my guest, kill the bottom feeders...
- 33. and you'll lure out - Onigen.
- 34. - But this time, the blood we'll take.
- I was never wrong.
- 35. Doesn't hurt to be cautious. That's all.
- 36. And a... don't blow your cover
unless absolutely necessary.
- 37. The Elder pulled a lot of strings to arrange this.
- 38. Cover?
- 39. What's that?
- 40. It's a new outfit.
- 41. US Air Force Kanto Base - Tokio.
- 42. You know dad, you don't have to drive me
to the school everyday.
- 43. - I can walk.
- Don't be silly.
- 44. It's my only chance to spend some time with you.
- 45. - Everyone else walks.
- You're not everyone, sweety.
- 46. - But I ain't a kid either.
- Is that why you did it?
- 47. To prove that you're all grown up?
- 48. - Did what?
- I was hoping you'd come clean.
- 49. That's what grown-ups do you know.
- 50. I don't know what you're talking about.
- 51. Well then,
I guess it must've been Frank.
- 52. - What do you say, Frank?
- 53. Was it you who took my car out for
a spin last night?
- 54. - No, sir.
- Did you sneak off the base?
- 55. - Boogie at the Hippy-Shake until 4?
- No, sir.
- 56. I cannot believe this,
you're spying on me?
- 57. I don't have to, Alice.
You are my daughter.
- 58. People know you and people talk.
- 59. Ok, yeah, I'm sorry,
I should have told you.
- 60. It's just, you're always busy day and night, working on your 2nd star.
- 61. You gotta understand we're at war.
- 62. - We're all at risk, even here.
- This is your war, not mine.
- 63. That's enough, Alice.
- 64. - Hey. Watch where you're going, dammit.
- Yes, sir.
- 65. Alice.
- 66. Alice, would you come back here.
- 67. So... class, let's give
our new classmate a warm welcome.
- 68. There we go.
- 69. Saya, would you care to take
that desk over there?
- 70. Good, now I know you've all been
doing your homework and...
- 71. and ah...you've prepared for
- 72. ... which will be Mary Shelley's Frankestein.
- 73. Okie dokie,
we're gonna start on page 135.
- 74. She must be lost.
- 75. - This is a navy base.
- I can't believe they let a jap enroll here.
- 76. Oh, next thing you know, they're gonna
think they own the base.
- 77. Yes, sir.
- 78. Our story stands.
- 79. They think it's a CIA plan.
- 80. Frankenstein's monster compares himself with both
- 81. Adam and Lucifer.
Can you tell me why... Liz?
- 82. Um... beacause both Adam
and Lucifer were created by God?
- 83. Yes, but these are opposite ends
of good and evil.
- 84. To whom does he reach out, in his anger?
- 85. Saya, would you care to join
- 86. - Yes, Alice?
- Anger is what makes the monster human.
- 87. He's neither good or evil.
- 88. He was abandoned by his creator
just like Lucifer.
- 89. So... God and Victor Frankenstein...
- 90. ... both deserted their creation
- 91. they were imperfect, but
because they reminded them...
- 92. of their own imperfections.
- 93. That's very interesting.
- 94. - father figure?
- She must be thinking about her dad.
- 95. What did you say?
- 96. Piss off the princess and...
- 97. next thing you know her dad
will court-marshall you.
- 98. Oh, it's not my fault.
Please don't send me to the chair.
- 99. Yes, now, settle down, c'mon,
please... let's be nice
- 100. George, could you read the next paragraph?
- 101. A cursed creator,
why did you
- 102. Concentrate Alice,
let the mind lead the body.
- 103. Good.
- 104. That's it for today.
- 105. What's our motto, team mugen?
- 106. Be wolf, be gone.
- 107. That's the spirit.
- 108. Alice.
- 109. Sir?
- 110. You're dragging down the whole team.
- 111. I want you to stay,
- 112. But I have to
- 113. D'you think you're gonna get a special
treatment just coz you're general's daughter?
- 114. I didn't say that.
- 115. - I'll spar with Alice.
- And I will be the ref.
- 116. No, I'll... practice on my own.
- 117. A- a, gotta think of the team,
we have a tournament next week.
- 118. - Make a wolf from Alice for me girls.
- Yes, Mr. Powell.
- 119. Bring it on.
- 120. What are you doing?
- 121. We tried very very hard to ignore you.
- 122. And you just keep getting on our nerves.
- 123. Are you insane?
- 124. Go.
- 125. Secure that vehicle.
- 126. - Who are they?
- We don't know yet, sir.
- 127. Step out.
- 128. Unlock the doors and step out right now.
- 129. - Hey pal, what do you think you're doing...
- Stop right there, fella.
- 130. Ho-ho, easy, big guy.
Do we look like Vietcong?
- 131. You keep your hands where I can see em, wise ass.
- 132. General, Michael Harrison.
director of operations, CIA.
- 133. Those men work for us.
- 134. - What are you spooks doing on my base?
- That's classified
- 135. Langley sent us to assist with the war effort.
- 136. In what capacity?
- 137. Last time I checked, DoD doesn't,
come under your jurisdiction.
- 138. - Am I talking to you?
- 139. My superior will call you shortly.
- 140. Now I suggest we all calm down...
- 141. and handle this like the professionals
we are. Ok?
- 142. - Keep an eye on 'em, Frank.
- Yes, sir.
- 143. They were here. I saw them.
- 144. Sharon
- 145. - Linda's head was...
- Everything is okay, sweetie...
- 146. you're safe now,
and that's all that matters.
- 147. I saw them.
- 148. The Japanese girl, Frank
why was she in our school?
- 149. - Washington arranged her enrollment, sir.
- 150. The registrar says her name is Saya,
she is a daughter of Matoki Shisekura...
- 151. a soon to be appointed the ambassador to DC.
- 152. Well you conform that with our local liasion.
You get a warrant issued and find her.
- 153. They cleaned it all up.
- 154. Dad, look. It's still wet.
- 155. We're gonna find out what
these guys are doing, Frank.
- 156. That could be a problem, sir.
- 157. We don't have the authority,
to detain the Agency personnel.
- 158. I'll deal with that.
- 159. I respectfully disagree, sir.
- 160. Then I will have to file an official
complaint with the Pentagon.
- 161. - Understand, sir.
- Dad, whoever they are,
- 162. they covered up two murders,
we can't let them go.
- 163. - Cut em loose, Frank. Alice?
- Yes, sir.
- 164. Stand-down.
- 165. Son of a bitch.
- 166. What's wrong with you?
Talking to him like that.
- 167. In case you didn't notice,
they pulled their guns on me.
- 168. You gotta clean up this mess,
or the council will wanna have our heads.
- 169. What the hell were you thinking anyway?
Sending Saya to a high school.
- 170. - She's older than all of us combined.
- 171. Christ.
- 172. The Elder wants to see us.
- 173. Something was wrong with them?
- 174. Sweety, you're still in a shock,
- 175. You go get some sleep.
- 176. You have to believe me,
Mr. Powell knows something.
- 177. How can he know anything if he wasn't even there.
- 178. Now would you just go get some sleep.
- 179. Dad, you're wrong.
- 180. Alice, that's enough.
Look would you just leave it to the grown-ups.
- 181. We'll talk in the morning.
- 182. Yes?
- 183. Frank, what do you have?
- 184. Yeah, just as I said, if there
were to be a new ambassador.
- 185. I would've been briefed
- 186. Guys with sunglasses and funny hats...
- 187. waving their cheeky badges around...
- 188. ... and now I was supposed to believe they
were sent by Langley?
- 189. Do whatever you have to.
- 190. Find out who they are,
- 191. ... and what the hell are they
doing on my base.
- 192. Sir?
- 193. Sit.
- 194. - Everything according to plan?
- Yes, sir.
- 195. Rumor has it McKee was calling Langley
- 196. Very curious about the both of you.
- 197. Was that part of your plan?
- 198. We had a run-in with him.
- 199. Having American friends in high places,
doesn't mean I'm Uncle Sam.
- 200. A little discretion would be nice.
- 201. The council has to remain anonymous.
- 202. And American connection cannot risk exposure.
- 203. Don't get to cozy playing CIA.
- 204. I'll take care of it.
Leave it to me.
- 205. You have my word, sir.
- 206. Hungry?
- 207. - Starving.
- Here is something to curb your appetite.
- 208. Plane crashed near the Okatana
mountains this morning.
- 209. Those are the crew members on board.
What's left of them anyway.
- 210. Thank you.
- 211. This is Onigen's work.
- 212. Those photos were taken,
before we cleaned up the scene.
- 213. No one else knows
- He's here?
- 214. - He's at the base?
- 215. Now Onigen's here...
- 216. blood will be shed.
- 217. Oh I'm very sorry, I didn't notice
- 218. It's been 20 years since we've had people
visit, but I hope you'll enjoy your stay.
- 219. I also noticed, you won't be
needing any help with luggage?
- 220. Observant and caring, your wife is a lucky lady.
- 221. Yes.
- 222. As long you think so.
- 223. Shin, my daughter is preparing dinner.
- 224. It will be ready soon in the dining room.
- 225. I can't believe that.
- 226. Sorry.
Why are you still standing there?
- 227. Come out and play my children.
- 228. The feeding season has begun.
- 229. Kinky, how's life?
- 230. You can do the conversion into yen
- The usual?
- 231. On the Rocks.
- 232. Hi, Alice chan. Irashai.
- 233. What's your poison tonight?
- 234. Leave us.
- 235. You lied.
- 236. You knew Linda and Sharon were gonna
hurt me and you lied to my dad.
- 237. Why me?
- 238. What did I do?
- 239. - What do you want from me?
- It's all about you, you, you, isn't it?
- 240. What if you're wrong, delusional,
ever thought about that?
- 241. I know what I saw.
- 242. What you see, has got
nothing to do with what's real.
- 243. You look around, you see an airbase
run by your daddy...
- 244. flying his B52's to wipe out gook
farmers out on the rice paddies
- 245. Fighting his righteous war.
- 246. But you don't see the real war.
- 247. The one that's been going on
since the beginning of time.
- 248. Between your kind - and mine.
The end is upon you.
- 249. Brought on by your self-deceiving godliness.
- 250. And your pretentious moral high ground.
- 251. We will come out the victors.
Welcome to the other side of the looking glass.
- 252. Now it's time,
- 253. Hey. Hey, stop. Stop, hey, please.
- 254. Let her go.
- 255. Get down.
- 256. - He's getting away.
- He's wounded.
- 257. Get closer.
- 258. Faster.
- 259. Faster.
- 260. Get closer.
- 261. Closer.
- 262. Can you sense her?
- 263. Mr. Powell, Sharon and Linda...
- 264. - all of them...
- They never existed.
- 265. What exactly were they?
- 266. Bloodsuckers.
- 267. They take on human form.
- 268. It's the way they live.
- 269. So I guess you're not really a student, are you?
- 270. Are there... more of those...
things out there?
- 271. More than you can imagine.
- 272. Anything I can do?
- 273. It's not your war.
- 274. And forget everything.
- 275. And leave you fighting them alone?
- 276. I can take care of myself.
- 277. M'y dad is the general at the base,
I can tell 'im and he can
- 278. - Don't tell anyone.
- 279. You want to live?
You want your father to live?
- 280. Then don't.
- 281. Alright. He wouldn't believe me anyway.
- 282. Saya.
- 283. Be really careful, okay?
- 284. - Did they see you?
- No, sir.
- 285. - Are these weapons?
- No, I don't think so.
- 286. They were a total of 4 cases.
- 287. Mostly standard issues,
as far as I can tell.
- 288. From the Agency?
- 289. No I don't think these guys
are from the Agency at all.
- 290. Call on the tech guys.
- 291. What in the God's name are these things?
- 292. Slugs, snails and puppy dogs' tails.
- 293. Easy.
- 294. We're here to talk.
- 295. How dare you enter my home uninvited?
- 296. My apologies, old habits die hard.
- 297. Been with the Agency one day too long, I guess.
- 298. - What do you want?
- Did you authorize the burglary, general?
- 299. - You're not taking it back, it's evidence.
- Of what?
- 300. - That's for central command to decide.
- 301. General, I've always thought
we got off on the wrong foot.
- 302. It's my fault.
- 303. But we're on the same side.
- 304. - I assure you.
- The side that murdered two highschool girls?
- 305. I don't think so.
- 306. I've come here to give you Saya, general.
She's not with the Agency.
- 307. I can't be held responsible,
if she's out of control.
- 308. Where is she?
Get this down, Frank.
- 309. Hotel Yuzoya,
Tokoshiginga Street Ni Shiao 57
- 310. Hang on.
Tell me the street again.
- 311. - Tokoshi-ginza.
- I know it.
- 312. It's in the Shinigawa Ward,
about 30 minutes from here.
- 313. You've left me with no choice, General.
- 314. - I can leave the case with you.
- Who are you people?
- 315. Saviours of the human race.
- 316. The council has been around, since...
- 317. before your granddaddy's granddaddy
stole this land from the Indians.
- 318. We walk a higher path, General.
- 319. Run Alice, run.
- 320. Dad.
- 321. Dad
- 322. No, Alice. Get off the Base.
- 323. - You're not safe here.
- I don't know what to do.
- 324. Alice, leave.
- 325. I love you, sweetie.
- 326. Dad? No.
- 327. Dad.
- 328. Fucking A.
- 329. They were taken at the Onsen hotel.
- 330. Onigen?
- 331. She's looking for you.
- 332. It's time we fought back.
- 333. Everything's been arranged but ah
- 334. It's not gonna be easy.
- 335. I don't care.
- 336. The council finds Onigen for me,
that's the deal.
- 337. It's already taken too long.
- 338. You ever think about the future?
- 339. After this?
- 340. There is more to life than Onigen.
- 341. Not for me.
- 342. Damn.
- 343. How did you find me?
- 344. I killed them.
- 345. You're right,
- 346. Copy that, I'm on my way.
Take her out. Take her out now. Do it now.
- 347. Do it. Now.
- 348. The poeple you work for,
they killed my dad.
- 349. - I don't work for them.
- You're lying.
- 350. Domo.
- 351. I kill the bloodsuckers, they provide me
what I need to survive.
- 352. That's all.
- 353. Why my dad?
- 354. I'll find out from Michael.
- 355. Down.
- 356. Give me the girl, Saya.
- 357. - No.
- This has nothing to do with you.
- 358. Don't mess with me, Halfblood.
- 359. Luke?
- 360. - Michael.
- Put down the gun.
- 361. - Put it down.
- He killed McKee.
- 362. Are you insane? What the hell
you think you're doing?
- 363. - My job. I've cleaned up the mess, haven't I?
- You're making a bigger mess.
- 364. Not when I get that girl.
- 365. - No.
- Luke. I'm not gonna tell you again.
- 366. - You're not gonna shoot me, Michael.
- Try me.
- 367. Okay, you win.
- 368. But don't think I'm not gonna
tell the Elders all about this.
- 369. Be my guest. Coz I'm not the one
jeopardizing our mission.
- 370. - You're getting soft, old man.
- Maybe, but not stupid.
- 371. You alright?
- 372. Who's stupid now?
- 373. We have to go.
- 374. Wait.
- 375. You drive.
- 376. Radio Free Japan, top of the hour.
- 377. Commanding Officer of the Kanto Air Force Base.
- 378. General Howard R. McKee
has died of a heart attack.
- 379. The General was discovered in critical condition
at his home a few hours ago.
- 380. The doctors on the scene
were unable to resuscitate him.
- 381. Authorities are asking for your help
in finding his daughter Alice McKee...
- 382. who fled the Base in an Air Force truck
shortly after hearing the news.
- 383. A Base Psychiatrist described her...
- 384. as unstable and cautioned that
her life might be at risk.
- 385. Saya, are you okay?
- 386. Saya.
- 387. Wake up.
- 388. Saya, wake up.
- 389. Your blood?
- 390. Why'd you save me?
- 391. I'm not your kind.
- 392. It was the right thing to do.
- 393. The right thing?
- 394. I used to know right from wrong.
- 395. Life used to feel right.
- 396. Kato raised me in the mountain village.
- 397. That I called home.
- 398. But I found the only friend in my life.
- 399. Happiness and love was within reach.
- 400. But then the dark dream came.
- 401. In the dream, I killed him.
- 402. Love was gone, replaced by blood.
- 403. Saya-sama.
- 404. Then I woke up, and it was not a dream.
- 405. What happened?
- 406. Please take your father's sword.
- 407. I don't understand
- 408. This sword...
- 409. has the power to slay demons.
- 410. It is a blessing, and a curse.
- 411. You still have much to learn
- 412. However
- 413. We have no more time.
- 414. The demons have found us.
- 415. Kato
- 416. Kato
- 417. Wait here
- 418. And don't come out.
- 419. I told you not to follow.
- 420. But we need to stick together-
- 421. We mustn't.
- 422. Kato
- 423. There is no need, I must go alone.
- 424. You
- 425. Just what are you planning?
- 426. I must complete my mission.
- 427. You can't, Kato.
- 428. You cannot face the demons yet.
- 429. It is my task for now.
- 430. Now, go.
Why are you still standing there?
- 431. Are you okay?
- 432. You are... thinking about your father?
- 433. Yes.
- 434. Just all the little things.
- 435. What about you?
- 436. Your family?
- 437. My mother
- 438. I never knew her.
- 439. My father
- 440. He died, two days after I was born.
- 441. How?
- 442. Onigen murdered him.
- 443. The oldest, most powerful demon.
- 444. My father's most loyal retainer
- 445. Kato...
- 446. saved me.
- 447. He took me into the mountains.
- 448. Cared for me.
Trained me to be strong.
- 449. To be like my father.
- 450. In the end, he died for me.
- 451. Many a-times, Kato told me about
my father's murder.
- 452. How demons deceived him in the
most despicable way.
- 453. That day I finally understood.
- 454. I'm my father's daughter.
- 455. But I'm also the evil that killed him.
- 456. Since that night...
- 457. time stopped.
- 458. I live for one purpose.
- 459. And one purpose only.
- 460. To kill Onigen.
- 461. That's my duty.
- 462. Kato was right.
- 463. Demons can't conjur up humans' souls.
- 464. Promise me one thing also.
- 465. Never doubt yourself.
- 466. You're human.
- 467. I promise.
- 468. So much pain, so much struggle...
- 469. silly girl, she's close by.
- 470. - Bring her to me.
- 471. Still holding a grudge?
- 472. - The Halfblood owes me.
- Don't be ridiculous...
- 473. her power is far beyond of what it used to be.
- 474. Huh, we'll see about that.
- 475. Let me out.
- 476. What?
- 477. You go alone.
Too dangerous to stay with me.
- 478. No, it's our war now.
- 479. Come on.
- 480. Come on.
- 481. - Are you okay?
- 482. Alice.
- 483. - Dad, don't go.
- It's me. It's me Alice.
- 484. Please wake up.
- 485. Okay, let's go.
- 486. Saya.
- 487. Alice.
- 488. This isn't really happening.
- 489. None of it.
- 490. You.
- 491. You're alive.
- 492. Saya.
- 493. He isn't real.
- 494. This isn't really happening.
- 495. None of it.
- 496. No, he's alive.
- 497. You finally found me.
- 498. And I've found you.
- 499. Look at you, my girl.
- 500. Eaten alive by guilt over single human.
- 501. Yet not a tear for having slaughtered
so many of your own kind.
- 502. I'm not your kind.
- 503. Denying... sad it is.
- 504. You are after all your father's child.
- 505. - I see you're taking good care of his soul.
- Show me your true form, Onigen.
- 506. - Why do you want to see it?
- The demon?
- 507. Who murdered my father?
- 508. - The demon...
- Who I will kill.
- 509. You knew all along, didn't you?
- 510. Deep down in your heart.
- 511. I gave you your strength.
- 512. I gave you your power.
- 513. I gave you immortality.
- 514. My daughter.
- 515. Silly girl.
You've suffered long enough.
- 516. Come to me.
- 517. No.
- 518. I've waited a long time, Saya.
- 519. For you to gain your strength.
To be ready.
- 520. You think, more of the demons you killed,
- 521. the more human you become, don't you?
- 522. How naive.
- 523. The truth is
- 524. The more you kill,
- 525. the more you unleash your power...
- 526. you come to your true nature.
- 527. Don't you see?
- 528. You've been doing everything you could
to become what you don't want to be.
- 529. - To become me.
- 530. It's your destiny, silly girl.
- 531. It is what you were born for.
- 532. The future lies in you.
- 533. Let her go.
- 534. Alice.
- 535. Alice.
- 536. Don't you see now?
Which half of you gives you strength?
- 537. Which half makes you feeble?
- 538. Get it all out.
- 539. - Unleash yourself.
- You gave birth to me.
- 540. And you could kill me.
But you're nothing to me.
- 541. You don't know
- 542. What it means to be a mother.
- 543. Kill me, my daughter.
- 544. Kill me.
- 545. And become me.
- 546. Saya.
- 547. Saya.
- 548. Are you okay?
- 549. What's the point?
- 550. You don't believe me.
- 551. These monsters
- 552. One of them attacked the army truck you stole?
- 553. But when we found you at
the bottom of the ravine,
- 554. you were alone.
- 555. They cleaned it up.
- 556. - They?
- The Council.
- 557. They killed my father.
- 558. Yes.
- 559. General McKee...
- 560. mortally wounded by a
sidearm registered to Officer Sgt. Frank Nielsen.
- 561. Sergeant Nielsen lost his son,
in war, three months ago.
- 562. This psych evaluation show...
- 563. instability.
- 564. And this girl, you mentioned?
- 565. Saya, I believe?
- 566. Her name, her identity were false.
- 567. In fact, we believe she's not even Japanese.
- 568. Where is she right now?
- 569. She's out there.
- 570. Searching.
- 571. Searching for what?
- 572. Searching for a way back.
- 573. From the other side of the looking glass.