- 1. 13 more installments and the
car is mine.
- 2. Check it out, Chavelo,
I made it start myself!
- 3. What is it, asshole? Get down,
shithead! Come on, get down!
- 4. - What...?
- Get down, jerk!
- 5. What is it?
- 6. Chose, you tide ass:
steer or trunk.
- 7. I got 1,000 pesos from de first
round. That's all I got.
- 8. I said steer or trunk.
- 9. - Steer.
- Okay, let's get outta here.
- 10. Coto, move over!
- 11. Ok, cab driver. Go straight
down and you better watch out,
- 12. I'll tell you where to stop.
- 13. So, how's the job?
- 14. If it was good, I wouldn't bring
- 15. We thought this car could
only get this far.
- 16. Problems with the start engine?
- 17. I'm still paying it and it's already
giving me trouble.
- 18. Imagine it...
- 19. If everything could be fixed
the way you fix things,
- 20. with a hammer,
- 21. that'd be something!
- 22. Alright, gentlemen...
- 23. A film by
- 24. We'd give our lives for them.
- 25. Cotito grew up by himself, that's
why I show him the way.
- 26. Today's the bastard's debut.
- 27. The best school in life is still the
street... Way better!
- 28. Slow down, cabby!
- 29. Slow down, slow down!
- 30. ¡Hey! Look!
Look over there!
- 31. - You see?
- The old lady?
- 32. Stop!
- 33. C'mon, kiddo, do it!
- 34. Listen, where are you going
with that hammer?
- 35. I don't like what
you're thinking, cabby.
- 36. - I'm not a cab driver.
- 37. A hostage, mugged just
like the poor old lady.
- 38. Still I don't like what you're
- 39. Hurry, Coto!
It's just an old lady!
- 40. She won't let go!
- 41. Leave her alone, she's just
a poor old lady.
- 42. - I don't want to hear that.
- Cool it, easy...
- 43. Get ready to bust outta here!
- 44. C'mon, go!
- 45. - Go, cab driver!
- Let's go, get outta here!
- 46. Get outta here or
or I'll rip the roof to pieces!
- 47. The red light!
- 48. Careful with the red light!
Watch it! Watch it! Watch it!
- 49. Stop, we know you can drive,
madman! Stop, cabdriver!
- 50. Stop, stop, stop, stop!
- 51. Watch it! Are you a bus driver?
- 52. Asshole!
- 53. Fuck you!
- 54. Cool, Fitipaldi!
- 55. Fitipaldi, Fitipaldi!
- 56. Fitipaldi, Fitipaldi, Fitipaldi!
- 57. Fitipaldi, Fitipaldi!
- 58. One buck for Cotito, one buck
for me, one for Fitipaldi.
- 59. - One buck for me,
- Hey, teach me how to drive.
- 60. - ... one for Fitipaldi.
- I wanna drive like you.
- 61. - One for me, another one for you,
another for Fitipaldi. -Hey, man!
- 62. One buck for Cotito,
one for me, one for Fitipaldi.
- 63. The lady had like 60,000 with her.
- 64. Well,
- 65. where do I leave you?
- 66. What? We're just starting, cabdriver!
- 67. - Well, but I'm through!
- 68. Besides. I don't like this at all!
- 69. Neither do I.
- 70. The cops.
- 71. Alright, here's your share.
- 72. No, no, no, don't give anything.
I'm not a thug. Keep your money.
- 73. Money is money. What is fair is fair.
You're working with us now.
- 74. Working? Have you forgotten
I'm being mugged?
- 75. Here's what we owe you then, son.
- 76. Next time turn the meter on.
- 77. What if I took you to the cops?
- 78. I'd cut your throat and the
car's roof would stain.
- 79. You really wanna know?
Let's go back to the market.
- 80. - Fitipaldi...
- I can't help loving you...
- 81. - Fitipaldi...
- I can't help loving you...
- 82. - Fitipaldi...
- I can't help loving you...
- 83. - Fitipladi... -I can't help loving
- 84. - I can't help loving you.
- 85. C'mon, don't.
What do you want blankets for?
- 86. - To cover ourselves. It's cold.
- You'll make me lose my job!
- 87. Hey, don't get any closer!
- 88. Who's gonna believe I got mugged?
- 89. Don't you worry, son,
we believe you.
- 90. - At least cut me! -Beat it!
- At least a small cut. -Bye!
- 91. - Bye!
- Cut him already!
- 92. - At least a small cut!
- 93. A straight cut is no big deal.
- 94. I got all stained with blood!
- 95. - This one's for you.
- No, not the green one!
- 96. - Why not?
- It reminds me of the cops.
- 97. He didn't even ask for the blankets.
- 98. He only asked you for a small cut!
- 99. - Not "you". He asked "us"!
- Just a cut, so they'd believe him.
- 100. You said it yourself, he didn't care
about the blankets.
- 101. He said:
"What do you want them for?"
- 102. Tell me! Would you have
given them back if he'd asked?
- 103. Are you nuts? Give that asshole
the blankets back?
- 104. Sure. You mug me, offer me half
the money and you think...
- 105. - ... I don't get your game, assholes?
- Tell us, what game?
- 106. Lowlives, lowlives, bullies.
- 107. The bully is the asshole he has
to show the cut to.
- 108. That bastard's a bully.
We're just middlemen.
- 109. Middlemen my balls!
Muggers, assholes, vulgar...
- 110. muggers. That's what you are,
you vile, lowlives, vulgar,
- 111. you steal from your own people.
- 112. Did your friends leave?
- 113. Friends? They took me as a hostage
early this morning.
- 114. Hostage? Why don't you run away
now? Nobody sees you.
- 115. If I'm not back in 5 minutes,
they'll cut the seats of my Lada.
- 116. But it's not for my problems
that I'm here. I...
- 117. - ... convinced them what they're doing
was fucked up. -They're muggers.
- 118. Yes, first they were gonna give you
two blankets, but...
- 119. - ... if they caught you, you'd be
- 120. What d'you mean so? Leave that
wound alone, man!
- 121. You should cover it,
it makes me nervous.
- 122. The youngest got scared stiff, he
didn't have the guts to cut me.
- 123. - If he had to, he'd cut your arm off.
- You think so?
- 124. Listen, kiddo,
what these guys want...
- 125. is to rob your boss.
- 126. Give them the address, you'll get a
share, they'll take care of everything.
- 127. You can leave the tricycle in the
- 128. Rob my boss?
- 129. Yes. You can always say you
- 130. C'mon, boy, let's go before
they fuck up my Lada.
- 131. They keep the money at an office,
next to the counter.
- 132. The old man in glasses knows.
- 133. Alright, you two be ready
to get out of here.
- 134. Hey, mister, thank you.
- 135. On top of all,
the asshole thanks me.
- 136. - Hey, are you hungry?
- A little.
- 137. - Shall we go eat something there?
- 138. - Is that okay?
- A little thicker, please.
- 139. Put chili on it, please.
- 140. - Thanks.
- 141. Damn!
- 142. Run, asshole!
- 143. Quick, hurry, cab driver!
- 144. Why the fuck didn't you say
they had a gun?
- 145. Why didn't you say the
assholes had guns?
- 146. - You almost got us killed!
- Go, cab driver!
- 147. We almost got killed!
- 148. Quiet! Quiet!
- 149. Quiet! Give him the fourth as we
agreed and let's go.
- 150. His share, man, his share's missing.
- 151. 50 bucks.
- 152. Give him the 50 bucks
and let's get outta here.
- 153. 50 bucks.
- 154. Go to the hospital, have them check
that wound. Tell them a couple of...
- 155. mongoloids mugged you.
- 156. A lot of money, considering
he didn't do much.
- 157. - Chavelo, I'm hungry.
- So what?
- 158. Here, kiddo.
- 159. Hey, Coto, tell him.
- 160. We fooled the boy. We scared the
shit out of the old man...
- 161. and he opened immediately
- 162. Two grands, two.
- 163. What are you doing?
Where are you going?
- 164. To give the kid his share.
The 4th part.
- 165. Look, blood from the
- 166. Assholes.
- 167. He opened the safe because it
was connected to the...
- 168. - ... alarm, that's why they ran after
you. -What alarm?
- 169. - You gave him 50 bucks.
- 170. You must give him 450.
- 171. - You want me to slit your throat?
- 172. This asshole has a knife on me!
- 173. What a smart cookie.
Who would have thought?
- 174. Asshole.
- 175. I bet the asshole thanks me again.
- 176. Thank you.
- 177. I don't know about you, but I'm
bored of working.
- 178. So let's take the stuff
to your place.
- 179. - My place?
- Then we'll go to ours.
- 180. - And why mine first?
- Just think.
- 181. Ulises, you brought blankets,
what a surprise!
- 182. Listen, one question
and I'll hit you!
- 183. Hey, mum, Carlos' staying for dinner!
- 184. Carolina's also staying!
- 185. Here begins an adventure
we want you to witness...
- 186. It's Javiera's turn to serve.
- 187. - Amaro, go get the bread.
- I did it last time!
- 188. And I cooked the last time.
- 189. It's always me.
- 190. May I also bring some Coke?
- 191. No Coke today.
- 192. - Sure, today's the 20th.
- The Lada's installment...
- 193. We entered the aquatic phase:
soup and water.
- 194. I bought Coke.
Dad gave me the money.
- 195. Bring the Coke, Amaro,
and stop the talking.
- 196. And me, saving like a fool.
- 197. - May I ask without being kicked?
- 198. - You should've bounced it here.
- Quiet. They're talking about UFOs.
- 199. You threw Coke on the TV, Amaro.
- 200. Come throw with us the
- 201. the sound of which when
reaching the bottom...
- 202. will throw light over the
existence of other lives.
- 203. Ulises, look me in the eyes.
- 204. Is this money from the horses track?
- 205. It's no wonder...
- 206. this modern industrial area...
- 207. caught our alien friends'
- 208. and that they used it as a
- 209. That's maybe the reason
this is one of the places...
- 210. where UFOs have been most seen
in the last 15 years.
- 211. "Run"! I told the mugged kid
and we got in the cab.
- 212. I started the engine and
waited for the others.
- 213. Then I heard the two first shots,
pal. I speeded up...
- 214. and got outta there.
- 215. - ... just couldn't believe it, pal.
- How much did you make?
- 216. I could have fucked them up,
but I didn't want to.
- 217. They would've fucked up the Lada.
And I would spend more than...
- 218. - ... a year in Court Houses.
- Forget it.
- 219. Besides, do we solve the problem
of delinquency? Of course not.
- 220. The problem's deeper than that.
- 221. - It's with politicians. -It's not.
Problem's wealth badly distributed.
- 222. It's in the values we give
to our kids since...
- 223. - ... they are born. -It's in badly
distributed wealth, believe me.
- 224. If I tell my kids not to assault
- 225. - ... they won't do it. -You instil
your authority as a father.
- 226. If I get back home
every day at 11,
- 227. what can I tell my boy if he's
- 228. Teachers should do that.
- 229. when they grow old, there's
nothing you can do about it.
- 230. - That's useless
- It depends on how you do it.
- 231. Someone must set the limits.
- 232. From here on, off with their heads.
- 233. Fine, but when they're small.
- 234. Your draft.
- 235. Thank you.
- 236. You know, ma'am, I want to pay
another one in advance.
- 237. There's nothing like a
peaceful night sleep.
- 238. There's nothing like having money.
Peace comes alone then.
- 239. You said it, considering the
times we're living in...
- 240. You know what? I'll make one
voucher for both drafts.
- 241. Yeah, thanks.
- 242. Alright...
- 243. - Will you sign here, Mr. Ulises?
- Yeah, thank you.
- 244. Alright.
- 245. - Your drafts and your voucher.
Thank you. -Thank you.
- 246. Steer or trunk.
- 247. A small one for me, please.
But very juicy.
- 248. I'm Raimundo Padilla, from the
- 249. My cousin Julian told me
- 250. Excuse me! I didn't offer you.
- 251. You chose the steering wheel.
- 252. I'm sorry, I don't smoke.
I just got tempted.
- 253. You chose steering wheel, they
- 254. Yes, I say so many things.
- 255. - I just said I smoked and...
- You did?
- 256. Yes, I tell stories. Your cousin
Julian also does.
- 257. Has he told you the one about the
- 258. - No. -Ask him.
- I will.
- 259. Listen, can I take a
look at your car?
- 260. Yeah, sure.
- 261. You know what? Why don't we
better take a ride on it?
- 262. What do you say?
- 263. - Shall we?
- Let's go.
- 264. - So long.
- So long.
- 265. We'll go to La Florida.
A lady there sold a...
- 266. sandwich to a cab driver
they say looks like you.
- 267. Armed robbery, 5 million...
- 268. That's a lot of money!
- 269. Here I am again.
- 270. Yes, may I help you?
- 271. Here's my cab driver friend, he says
he never had one of your sandwiches.
- 272. Come a little closer, don Ulises.
- 273. Look at her, she won't brake.
- 274. I've never seen this man.
- 275. Curly hair, not too tall, that's the
description you gave us.
- 276. - Why don't you take a better look?
- Yes, but...
- 277. I've seen so many like him... And
considering I was against the light...
- 278. You mean you've never seen
- 279. I can swear it.
- 280. I got hungry from waiting so long.
- 281. a roast beef sandwich.
With a lot of chili.
- 282. I want one too, but without chili.
- 283. It's bad for my stomach.
I've got duodenal ulcer.
- 284. Duodenal ulcer!
- 285. You know? Give me your address
just in case someone around...
- 286. has a good memory stroke.
- 287. Hector Ahumada 1610. Cerro Navia.
- 288. Thinner, please.
- 289. - Is that alright?
- That's perfect.
- 290. They are ugly, awful,
and also crooked.
- 291. - Crooked?
- Yeah, they are crooked. Look.
- 292. Mum called the dentist for
- 293. nobody'll ever look at me again.
- 294. I wish my parents had worried so
much about my teeth, dear.
- 295. At my age you had pimples.
That's bad enough.
- 296. Damn!
- 297. Nunoa Square, please.
- 298. Dad, I need money for the dentist.
Didn't mum tell you?
- 299. I ain't got a penny.
- 300. Didn't mum tell you anything?
I must go.
- 301. Go to the dentist. Tell him I'll go
- 302. to pay him, okay? C'mon, go.
- 303. - I would've preferred your pimples.
- Have a nice time.
- 304. You're looking well, cab driver.
- 305. Hey, your daughter's a cutie.
- 306. I bet she looks like her mother.
- 307. They say business is bad.
- 308. Did you miss us, cabby?
- 309. We've been thinking about the
last time we worked together...
- 310. and what you told us, remember?
- 311. - The time you assaulted me?
- We think you're right.
- 312. You called us low life thugs,
- 313. You called us miserables.
You were pretty harsh.
- 314. We got the point. We're in the year
2000 and times change.
- 315. If we don't change, we're lost.
- 316. - No more knife.
- Put that down.
- 317. Yeah, son. You gave us
- 318. we needed. So we're ready to
work together again.
- 319. - Work together?
- 320. - You're gonna assault me again?
- Listen, we never assaulted you.
- 321. You threatened me with the trunk
and then with the knife.
- 322. - You take everything so seriously.
- Take it as you want, but...
- 323. here we are again to
- 324. as it should be, doing things
your way, you get it?
- 325. Few things but well done.
- 326. And we'll rob the rich, not the poor.
- 327. Choose, steer or trunk?
- 328. Steer.
- 329. Cool!
- 330. Fitipaldi... Fitipaldi...
- 331. - C'mon! Cut the shit!
With one condition. -Okay.
- 332. "If you don't do what we tell you,
we'll kill your loved ones."
- 333. - "All your loved ones." -No, not all
of them. Not all of them.
- 334. "Your loved ones."
- 335. - Okay?
- "Loved" is spelled with "v".
- 336. Are you for authenticity
or embel... ment?
- 337. Embel... what?
- 338. I'm writing it this way so they
won't think you wrote it.
- 339. Right.
- 340. C'mon! Hurry, Cotito! Hurry, Cotito!
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
- 341. What, what, what...
- 342. - Listen...
- 343. Hey, kiddo! So?
How much did we make?
- 344. Are you fucking with me?
- 345. I'm not.
- 346. Is this all there was?
- 347. Well, I looked in the drawer.
She said that was all.
- 348. - And you believed it?
- Yes, she wouldn't lie!
- 349. - I threatened her! -Sure,
she wouldn't lie... Asshole.
- 350. They all lie. I've told you so many
times, jerk. They all lie!
- 351. I looked in the bedroom,
I couldn't go all over the house.
- 352. Look, cabby, check out the shit
he brought. Just shit. Look, look,
- 353. crayons. The shit.
- 354. - Asshole!
- Stop it!
- 355. We're lousy!
- 356. Listen, Coto, didn't you
want to learn how to drive?
- 357. Slower, slower, slower.
Careful, slower, slower.
- 358. Careful there!
Watch it! Turn now!
- 359. We suck as thieves.
- 360. You're holding the wheel too hard!
- 361. Lousy breed.
- 362. Turn, turn, turn!
Stop, stop, stop! Stop!
- 363. You have to lose the clutch softer.
Careful with your foot.
- 364. And the steering wheel, you're too
tight, you must relax.
- 365. But I've been watching how
- 366. Fitipaldi... Fitipaldi...
- 367. Check out how he pukes!
- 368. Fitipaldi!
- 369. If you eat, at least you
have something to throw up.
- 370. Dad, I don't wanna have
braces like Javiera.
- 371. Don't bother your dad. He's got a
stomachache from eating junk...
- 372. - ... all day. -Why do we have to wear
- 373. Dad wants us to look as ridiculous
as he did when he was a child.
- 374. - Don't even think I'll wear braces!
- Your dad thinks...
- 375. - ... all of you will.
- I'll run away from home.
- 376. - I'll keep your bed, it's bigger
than mine. -I don't care.
- 377. Who could it be this late?
- 378. No, I'll get it.
- 379. It must be for Javiera, she's got
many admirers. Maybe...
- 380. those punks from
the other day. Or Felipe.
- 381. - Why so envious? It's Solange.
- Of course...
- 382. What is it?
- 383. They tell me a colleague is ill.
I gotta take him to the hospital.
- 384. I'm going out, bye.
- 385. Yes, it's for you. You change
boyfriends every 5 minutes.
- 386. Excuse the mess, cab driver, but
the maid hasn't come for days.
- 387. What about this cab?
- 388. It belongs to a cab driver
who pissed us off.
- 389. He chose the trunk.
- 390. Listen. So? Here's where you
keep the money?
- 391. They may catch me, but not the loot.
- 392. Coto asked for you.
That's why I called you.
- 393. And where's the kiddo?
- 394. Let's go.
- 395. I'll be right away.
- 396. Coto?
- 397. How are you, kid?
- 398. I was dreaming about my
- 399. - ... I used to fly kites with my dad.
- Chavelo said you grew up alone.
- 400. But I once had a Dad... and a mum.
- 401. Until they took them away.
- 402. To jail?
- 403. The cops?
- 404. No.
- 405. They never came back.
- 406. And I never looked for them,
'cause I'm a coward.
- 407. Now you have money,
you can look for them.
- 408. I'm saving money for college.
I want to study.
- 409. A couple of hits more
and I'll study.
- 410. Journalism. You like it?
- 411. What did your Dad do?
- 412. They say journalists travel around
- 413. My Dad flew kites very well.
- 414. At last I find you.
- 415. Last time you forgot your
change and your bill.
- 416. 600 pesos. Your change.
- 417. 1,400 the two sandwiches. You
gave me 2,000, remember?
- 418. Are you gonna just stand there?
- 419. Hey, not that far.
I told you... just a kiss.
- 420. Just a kiss!
- 421. Take that slippery and cold
thing away from me!
- 422. Damn, the peaches!
- 423. You spilled the can, the ants
will come now.
- 424. With this smell?
- 425. Must be yours...
- 426. - Listen...
- 427. - Tell me about those hits.
- What hits?
- 428. - The hits, like the one of the
other day. -What hits?
- 429. ¡Ulises Morales!
Take your hands off! It tickles!
- 430. I saw the two guards with the guns,
I got in the cab and...
- 431. turned fast. I felt the two first
shots pretty close.
- 432. I didn't hear the other ones. I was
far away in no time with the Lada.
- 433. You saved their lives!
- 434. I did.
- 435. No bill, okay?
- 436. I'm sorry.
- 437. Thanks, it's beautiful.
To write the bills.
- 438. Money is what interests me, baby.
I'm interested in money.
- 439. Where they keep it,
where the others live.
- 440. How many times do
I have to tell you?
- 441. So you're doing it...
- 442. I was far away in no time
with the Lada.
- 443. You saved their lives.
- 444. You still eat junk and won't let me
fix you something to take with you.
- 445. A Mr. Padilla called. I told him you
weren't in. He'll get a hold of you.
- 446. - Padilla?
- He's very nice,
- 447. we talked.
He's a co-worker, right?
- 448. commercializing cocaine.
- 449. The cops seized a gun,
2 pounds of cocaine...
- 450. and 1, 140,000 pesos in cash.
- 451. On being caught, the guys
shot the cops.
- 452. Fortunately, nobody was wounded.
- 453. But,
- 454. cab driver, have you ever
bet everything on something?
- 455. Once I bet all my salary.
"Marilyn" was the mare's name,
- 456. a sure thing.
She was penultimate, the bitch.
- 457. Penultimate!
- 458. But all tips are a sure thing,
- 459. Hey, you're very irresponsible.
- 460. I was, that's why now
I hate horses so much.
- 461. So, I'm away from races.
I'm away from races.
- 462. Now I get why you brought us
here, you hate horses.
- 463. I think, cabby, you were looking in
- 464. what you lacked in life.
- 465. What I lacked in life?
This is what I lacked,
- 466. this. Money, money, money,
- 467. to get out of the hole and walk
straight through once and for all.
- 468. Sure, now that you've got money
you're walking pretty straight.
- 469. I'm walking nowhere now, man.
- 470. And don't forget I'm a hostage.
- 471. Speaking of which,
what's with Cotito?
- 472. This kiddo's taking too long.
- 473. Competitors in the 9th race
are getting close to boxes.
- 474. Distance, 1,400 meters,
all of them run.
- 475. A classic "Handicap
Bell Boy Award."
- 476. Favorite one is "Coto",
- 477. two pesos and eighty.
- 478. Coto...
- 479. Cool!
- 480. It's time to do something.
- 481. Try not to draw attention,
this is enemy territory.
- 482. They're off!"Iria Marina" in first
place, 2nd goes "Malacatosa",
- 483. 3rd, "First Lady", 4th, "How are
you", 5th, "Coto" on the outside.
- 484. 6th, "Nerea",
- 485. What are you doing?
- 486. - I bet on Coto! -What?
- Yes, there's a horse named Coto!
- 487. We're here to work, asshole.
- 488. If you don't come,
I'll do it alone.
- 489. Fuck!
- 490. - Coto goes first. And Coto wins!
- Go, go, go!
- 491. Cool! Great!
- 492. ¡Assault! ¡Assault!
- 493. The start engine's out.
- 494. - How much's to fix a fuckin' mess
like this? -Around 2 thousand!
- 495. - How much could we have made?
- 5 million! Plus what my horse won!
- 496. And this asshole decides to play
- 497. Stop it, stop it, man!
- 498. C'mon, speed up!
- 499. You stole nothing, man!
- 500. We're the worst, man,
we're the worst!
- 501. I couldn't go on, I had to see you.
- 502. - Looks like the peach juice calms
me down. -Eat them all,
- 503. canned peaches are what I have
most. Nobody buys them anymore.
- 504. I'll take the other one inside.
- 505. You won't believe what happened.
We were in Providencia...
- 506. What, what...?
- 507. What is it?
- 508. Distance makes passion
- 509. daybreak hurts me so much...
- 510. and the longing for you
makes my life bitter,
- 511. the longing for your body...
- 512. You sing beautiful, uh?
- 513. I can't suffer...
- 514. - Good evening.
- 515. - Long working day, uh?
- 516. - ... you gotta stretch it to bring
something home. -Sure, and...
- 517. - ... to pay advanced installments
also. -That's only when you can.
- 518. Alright, get out of the car and
put your hands up, uh?
- 519. Spread your legs a little bit.
- 520. My partner Romero is better
at this than me.
- 521. Good evening.
- 522. You may notice, by the way my
friend moves his fingers, what...
- 523. we're looking for
has the shape of bills,
- 524. which seem to be part
of a plunder.
- 525. Didn't you listen to the radio?
- 526. No, it's out of order.
- 527. Seven million, cash.
- 528. - Is this to make up with your wife?
- Yes, it's...
- 529. - ... our wedding anniversary.
- Have your radio fixed, it's...
- 530. good to be well informed.
- 531. - Start the engine!
- Are we ready?
- 532. Start the engine, sometimes
start engines fail.
- 533. Here's my phone number,
just in case.
- 534. I'll see you soon.
- 535. You had forgotten our anniversary
for the last five years.
- 536. Two flowers per year, that makes it
10 flowers. You think I forgot...
- 537. the years I forgot?
- 538. Speaking about forgetting...
- 539. C'mon!
- 540. - But, baby...
- Don't you get silly!
- 541. What, what? Are you sleepy?
No, way. Yeah, come here.
- 542. What... what are you doing here?
What are you doing here?
- 543. Hi.
- 544. - Hi, pal.
- What're you doing here?
- 545. Is there anything to eat?
- 546. - Roast beef. -They spoke about the
assault on the radio. 7 million.
- 547. Seven? No way!
And where are they?
- 548. I don't know, maybe...
- 549. Maybe I stole them, right?
Cab driver, everyone lies,
- 550. everyone lies, everyone lies,
- 551. Coto and I want lodging
for some days.
- 552. - Lodging? -Things are a little tough
- 553. - Zero tolerance, man.
- Lodge you here? I can't do that!
- 554. We have nowhere to go, can't you
see? Just a few days, c'mon.
- 555. After that, to each his own, uh?
You still got installments...
- 556. to pay, don't you? And we still
need a little more to show you...
- 557. we're not lousy muggers.
- 558. Yeah? Alright?
- 559. - Alright, you can spend the
night here. -Okay.
- 560. - Come in, Cotito.
- 561. Alright, alright.
- 562. Thanks, dude. Excuse us for
bothering you, but if we...
- 563. don't help each other...
- 564. Good night, good night.
- 565. Listen, that Lada will be yours,
that Lada will be yours.
- 566. - Alright. We'll talk tomorrow.
- Yes, dude.
- 567. Don't worry, sleep well.
- 568. I'll close it.
- 569. Hey, Daddy!
- 570. You're so rude, you didn't introduce
me to your friends.
- 571. I fixed the back room for them,
so they're more independent.
- 572. You've been stealing with them?
- 573. - They forced me to.
- They forced you?
- 574. Well, first they assaulted me
and then they forced me.
- 575. We can say they're
- 576. that they'd kill me, that
they'd hurt the kids.
- 577. Check this out. It was my idea.
- 578. I made Chavelo write that,
to cover my back.
- 579. And why all this, for God's sake?
- 580. To come out of the hole we were in,
to pay the car's installments.
- 581. Times are hard, Nelly,
you know that.
- 582. Don't tell me you paid installments
in advance. They may catch you.
- 583. No way, c'mon.
- 584. You get the money for the
Lada and that's it?
- 585. Yes.
- 586. Bring bread.
- 587. - Hey, Nelly, what's this color...?
- Hello, daddy!
- 588. - Hey, daddy!
- Hey, daddy!
- 589. I like the color.
Chavelo brought the painting.
- 590. - Someone owed me some paint.
- It's so nice.
- 591. - This is horrible. -He fixed the
dining table, Amaro's lamp,
- 592. I put Coto in the back room,
- 593. he ate well, now I'll give him
some of Ronny's clothes.
- 594. I told the kids they're friends of
yours from the south.
- 595. I'm glad you came. You know what?
I was so lonely,
- 596. I missed you. Listen,
you'll stay a while, right?
- 597. - Stop, stop, stop!
- C'mon, a little more!
- 598. Hey, daddy! Your kid's a genius,
he gets them all!
- 599. Check out the computer Chavelo
brought. It's a Pentium with...
- 600. - ... 50 games included. -A Pentium.
- Chinese to me! This kiddo...!
- 601. Chavelo, Chavelo, I got it, I got it,
I got it! I won, I won!
- 602. Is it a Pentium also?
- 603. I don't care what it is,
as long as it sews.
- 604. - What else did he bring?
- He brought...
- 605. a vacuum cleaner, a blender, a
computer, a small TV set,
- 606. this big one,
- 607. He left and came back by cab.
Ronny went with him.
- 608. - Do you realize all this stuff...?
- I notice everything.
- 609. They'll leave once you get
what you need.
- 610. Meanwhile, I'll sew everything
- 611. - ... for so long...
- ... without a Pentium.
- 612. It would be my first book.
- 613. Dad says knowledge is painless.
- 614. Good night.
- 615. Good night.
- 616. "Knowledge is painless."
How do I tell her I can't read?
- 617. Try with your mouth.
- 618. I know all numbers: ninety six,
- 619. I think it's time to sleep.
- 620. Let's sleep.
- 621. Good night... father.
- 622. C'mon, Cotito, turn the light off.
You'll get eye cups.
- 623. from Massachusetts University
speaks of the composition of...
- 624. the stone, the same that
appeared in the pocket of...
- 625. Fulgencio Soto,
on May 5, 1985, after...
- 626. having this strange
encounter with aliens.
- 627. Watch, watch the eyes!
- 628. - Damn! What is it?
- I don't know. -What's going on?
- 629. If you move, I'll kill you.
- 630. Since she couldn't, you'll tell us
where your friends are...
- 631. and where they
keep the money.
- 632. You got one week.
- 633. You have my number,
- 634. you piss boy.
- 635. "P" and "o" is "po",
and "p" and "u" is "pu".
- 636. - "Pzu".
- 637. "Pzu".
- 638. Oh, I forgot! Your friend Padilla
called again. I told him...
- 639. - ... you weren't in, he'll call you
later tonight. -Alright.
- 640. Are you talking about
Padilla, the cop?
- 641. No, not at all...
- 642. - A friend of yours?
- It's not what you think.
- 643. You can't imagine what I'm thinking.
- 644. I have a bad feeling about all this.
- 645. If I wanted to rat you out,
I would have a long time ago.
- 646. Padilla... All Padilla wants is the
money and us dead.
- 647. - Did he tell you that?
- No, he didn't say a word.
- 648. If someone's fucked up, it's the
three of us and your family too.
- 649. They won't believe the note.
- 650. Coto! Coto!
- 651. You threw them out
before having paid the Lada.
- 652. - Aren't the kids having dinner?
- They're not hungry.
- 653. Coto was coughing pretty bad.
- 654. Nelly, you don't know how
we missed you.
- 655. You don't know what you have here.
- 656. You have...
- 657. a home,
- 658. a warm home, warm food,
- 659. a family, kids.
- 660. It's hard out there.
- 661. That made us find the Lord,
our Lord Jes...
- 662. Walking hand in hand with the
devil for so long, is no good.
- 663. Lord? What Lord?
- 664. Our Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ
who came inside us,
- 665. he who is up there watching us.
He'll come to judge us...
- 666. the day of the Last Judgment.
- 667. Chavelo met a friend who is
an Evangelic now...
- 668. and he decided we want
to be like him.
- 669. So tell your friend Padilla
we're not... we're not...
- 670. we're not into that anymore.
- 671. We'll burst after this.
- 672. - I want, I want, I want...
- 673. to heal your wounds.
- 674. I want to heal your wounds
- 675. I want, I want you to have a life.
- 676. Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!
- 677. I want to take sin
out of mankind.
- 678. Glory to the Lord! Glory to the Lord!
- 679. I want, I want,
I want to heal your wounds.
- 680. I want to heal your wounds,
- 681. I want to take sin
out of mankind.
- 682. I want, I want, I want
to heal your wounds.
- 683. Glory to the Lord!
- 684. I want to heal your wounds
- 685. Alleluia, brother!
- 686. What is it with you?
They're good people.
- 687. Where did they come from?
- 688. He's "Cold Bullet", an old friend
of Chavelo who moved to the...
- 689. right path and plays the
- 690. - I hate Evangelics.
- How can you? You don't even...
- 691. know them. They only preach about
love, they don't drink nor steal.
- 692. You mean preaching love for you.
I saw that lowlife...
- 693. holding you and you laughing
- 694. those silly songs.
- 695. That bastard, overnight he turns
into a saint, leaving me here,
- 696. paying the Lada's installments.
- 697. Bye, I'm going out. Someone
has to bring money home.
- 698. He withdrew the shop's license,
that son of a bitch.
- 699. He wants me to turn you in if you don't
give your friends and the money in.
- 700. He thinks it's around 10 million.
- 701. But I didn't betray you,
and I feel proud of that.
- 702. You know why?
- 703. Why?
- 704. Careful, daddy, careful, it stains.
- 705. It would be the last one.
- 706. I would have most of the car's
- 707. It looks like you don't get the
Lord's word at all.
- 708. Look, I've caused a lot of harm,
- 709. but it's time for me
to repent, dude.
- 710. You'll have time to repent.
- 711. This would be the last one.
- 712. Look at Cotito.
See how he's changed.
- 713. He sees you as a father.
- 714. Thanks to whom? To our
Lord's word and...
- 715. to have been so lucky to have
met your family, You see?
- 716. The Lada's dealer.
A piece of cake,
- 717. we go in and out, that's it.
- 718. Not everything mine is yours,
- 719. Calm down or you
won't be able to think.
- 720. To love your neighbor is one thing,
buy lust for my daughter is another.
- 721. And you... not a peep.
- 722. How can she kiss him with
his disgusting teeth?
- 723. He brushes them 3 times a day.
They're cleaner now.
- 724. - Anyway, you're overreacting.
- 725. You fill my house with
Evangelics, my daughter...
- 726. sleeps with an illiterate punk and
- 727. - Cut it out, you know that's not
- 728. How can they betray me like this?
- 729. Shall we go?
- 730. - What is it?
- 731. - Nothing?
- 732. Cotito, for whom are we doing this?
- 733. For "Daddy", so he won't be
begging around anymore.
- 734. C'mon, let's go.
- 735. Let's get outta here!
He's scared to death!
- 736. - He should've shot the damned
- 737. I told you there was an alarm
on the floor!
- 738. Never said it was
- 739. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!
- 740. No way, my Dad can't be a mugger!
- 741. Listen, man,
- 742. it was my fault, that's why
I wanna make up.
- 743. You asked me for a last favor...
- 744. to get out of this shit...
- 745. and I owe you.
- 746. You owe me nothing.
- 747. Forget it.
- 748. The guard...
- 749. died.
- 750. - They said it on TV.
- He died?
- 751. Look,
- 752. all I ask you is to leave. Go.
- 753. I know Padilla will never imagine...
- 754. you guys are here,
- 755. - ... but one never knows, so you...
- Dude, -... better leave, go.
- 756. I made a promise to you and
I'll keep it.
- 757. You'll pay that car, that's the least
Coto and I can do.
- 758. So you think of something, you
tell me and that would be it.
- 759. But quick 'cause I'm enjoying
- 760. and that's dangerous. You know.
- 761. A private clinic.
- 762. I've been setting eyes
on it for a long time.
- 763. One, two, three, we go in.
- 764. That way, one, two, three.
- 765. A leper approached Jesus
while he was meditating.
- 766. Wait a minute, wait a minute!
- 767. And here we go again:
one, two, three.
- 768. A leper approached Jesus
while he was meditating.
- 769. Here's the lyrics.
- 770. Come in, kiddo. We'll keep these
things in the back room and then...
- 771. we'll use the car to bring some
- 772. Hello?
- 773. Police? Armed robbery,
- 774. Los Cisnes Clinic in
Las Condes. Hello?
- 775. Remember the first time we
worked together? How you...
- 776. pissed in your pants?
- 777. A long time ago.
- 778. Yes.
- 779. Now you're a real thug.
- 780. Alright, get in there,
get in there.
- 781. - Where?
- The gas station.
- 782. - What... what...?
- The gas station.
- 783. I have the feeling that clinics
keep the money...
- 784. somewhere else.
You just get in there, c'mon.
- 785. - But, hell, how... The clinic is a
much easier job... -Son...
- 786. - ... and much more money! -Son,
Coto and I make things fast,
- 787. you keep the engine running.
Gas stations are my specialty.
- 788. - But how... -Okay.
- Let's go to the clinic.
- 789. Trust me, I trust you.
We'll show you...
- 790. we're no lowlives.
C'mon, get in, get in, get in.
- 791. Park there.
- 792. - You ready?
- 793. Alright, stop here.
- 794. Listen. You know, I think it's not
nice to throw away what friends...
- 795. give you. The Lord says: "What
is mine is yours". Bye, son.
- 796. Hands up, you assholes!
Against the wall! C'mon!
- 797. Mum! Mum! Dad's on TV,
come and see! Hurry!
- 798. Turn it up, Amaro. Put on channel
13 in the other TV, Ronny.
- 799. I felt myself forced to act, and
decided to eliminate...
- 800. this thugs once and for all.
They had threatened me...
- 801. We're broadcasting live. We are
with Ulises Morales who...
- 802. has been the hero in this
police day's journey...
- 803. here in downtown Santiago,
in the corner of Vicuña...
- 804. Mackenna and Departamental.
This cab driver has just...
- 805. stopped an assault to a Copec
Gas Station. Tell us about...
- 806. what you've just experienced.
What made you act like you did?
- 807. My survival instinct reacted
against this two delinquents...
- 808. who had me under pressure...
- 809. and forced me to be part of these
misdemeanors. I want...
- 810. everyone to know I was a
hostage for weeks,
- 811. they threatened me to kill my
family, my kids, myself,
- 812. if I didn't do what they said.
- 813. Did you report this to the police?
Did anyone know about this?
- 814. No, I was afraid someone
from my family or I...
- 815. - ... would get hurt.
- They threatened your family?
- 816. - Yes, they threatened us, all the
time. -You must have gone...
- 817. through real hard times, right?
- 818. - Yeah.
- Well, ehhh...
- 819. I want to say I was a victim, a
hostage. These men forced me.
- 820. Well, this man's words speak
for themselves, right?