- 1. Ladies and gentlemen,
please be advised, all electronics...
- 2. - Hello?
- ... and cell phones must be turned off.
- 3. Sir?
- 4. Sir, I need you to
turn off your phone.
- 5. - Give me a second. It's important.
- I need you to turn it off now.
- 6. Yes?
- 7. What?
- 8. Everything okay?
- 9. Still?
- 10. I have to get off!
- 11. - Stop the plane, please! I must get off!
- Sir, I need you to sit down!
- 12. Sir! Sir! Sir!
- 13. Please, there's an emergency...
- 14. Let us through!
- 15. Let us through! Excuse us!
- 16. Where am I? Where am I?
- 17. I'm alive!
- 18. I feel fine!
- 19. - Alert! We have a situation!
- 20. Hey! Hey!
- 21. My taxi!
- 22. - Hello?
- What's up? What are you doing?
- 23. - Here, working.
- They found Pancho.
- 24. What?
- 25. See you later!
- 26. - Your breakfast!
- Your pants!
- 27. - See you!
- Pull your pants up!
- 28. Beto? Beto?
- 29. - And this taxi?
- I stole It.
- 30. - What do you mean, you stole it?
- At the airport, with a family inside.
- 31. - Yeah! Where's Pancho?
- Pancho? I don't know.
- 32. - But you told me you found him!
- I'm not the one who found him!
- 33. Who found him, then?
- 34. Stinky Isidoro.
- 35. - Stinky Isidoro found Pancho?
- Yup, so prepare your nose.
- 36. Welcome. Come in.
- 37. Thank you.
- 38. - Is it here?
- 39. - Are you sure?
- Yeah. He sent me this address.
- 40. It looks like he's doing well.
- 41. Wow!
- 42. Excuse me. Thank you.
- 43. Look!
- 44. Stinky McToilet!
- 45. It's been a while since I smelled you.
- 46. Isidoro Velasco Campilllo, losers,
- 47. founder of Ibeca,
about to fuse with Teltech,
- 48. the largest technology company
in Latin America.
- 49. That's all.
- 50. You don't know what it is, right?
- 51. You like it?
- 52. $1.3 million!
And with the exchange rate...
- 53. Okay, and where is Pancho?
- 54. You've got such bad memory.
What's today? November 12.
- 55. Five years ago today,
I challenged Pancho
- 56. to see who would be more
successful with the years
- 57. And look!
- 58. Look around you.
Diplomas, awards, magazines.
- 59. Where am I?
- 60. Way up high, daddy-o!
- 61. She doesn't understand.
- 62. So where is Pancho?
- 63. You don't know?
- 64. Do you know where he is or not?
- 65. Let's go.
- 66. - Where is Pancho? Tell us!
- At a ranch, where else?
- 67. What did you expect?
- 68. - A ranch?
- 69. And we'll have to drive a lot to
find him, bring him out in the open.
- 70. Why all the mystery?
- 71. You'll see. There's much you
don't know about him. Lots.
- 72. What could be better than seeing
him again, all together?
- 73. How much did you know
about your friend?
- 74. You may wonder who Pancho is,
- 75. who can interrupt someone in the
bathroom, or got me off a plane.
- 76. Before you meet him, let me
tell you some of his qualities.
- 77. He's a good friend, stubborn as a mule,
brilliant, and from a good family.
- 78. This is our good Pancho.
- 79. He had it all to make it
- 80. and from one day to the next,
- 81. Some say he went to another
country with his family,
- 82. others that he got married,
or was forced to marry,
- 83. and yet others claim he got an operation
and now calls himself Miroslava.
- 84. No one has heard from him to this day.
- 85. His disappearance affected everyone,
and especially her.
- 86. - She is Mariana.
- Come on! It's really late!
- 87. This is Felipe, the pride of Milpa Alta,
no pal district, and his whole family.
- 88. Felipe! Felipe! Felipe!
- 89. He's the first to go to college
in his family.
- 90. And this is me.
- 91. My dad decided I'd be an engineer
since the day I was born.
- 92. - It smells like the future.
- It doesn't smell like anything.
- 93. If you graduate with good grades,
you'll have the world in your hands, son.
- 94. 3 IDIOTS
- 95. And as Felipe's uncle used to say:
- 96. "Friendship always starts
either with a good party,
- 97. or when the party's over."
- 98. Catch it! Catch it!
- 99. Get it! Get it! Get it!
- 100. - I'm not doing anything to you!
- What's this?
- 101. Yuck! You really think this
brings you luck?
- 102. Give it back to him!
Give it back to him!
- 103. - He wants to cry!
- He won't.
- 104. He wants to cry!
- 105. - Look what I found!
- Hey, give me my phone!
- 106. Don't take his phone!
- 107. Hey, don't get violent!
- 108. Okay, enough! Give him back his stuff!
- 109. - Or what?
- Or what?
- 110. What's wrong with him?
- 111. My phone!
- 112. Your keys! Let's go, let's go!
- 113. What are you doing?
After them, come on!
- 114. Come on, shorty, move!
- 115. - Run, run!
- It's closed!
- 116. - Here! This way!
- Run, run!
- 117. - Go! Go!
- No! My backpack! My backpack!
- 118. Tell them something!
- 119. - Here, this is yours.
- 120. My camera's inside my bag!
- 121. - All is well, all is well.
- What do you mean: all is well?
- 122. - It's all right.
- Nothing's all right!
- 123. - Come out of there or I'll...
- 124. - What?
- I'll piss on your backpack!
- 125. - Good!
- I'll poop on it!
- 126. - No. Better.
- Okay, I'll piss on your bag!
- 127. - Thanks.
- You're welcome.
- 128. - You have ten...
- 129. You'll see.
- 130. eight...
- 131. - What's this?
- We tie it up here.
- 132. Hold on. When I tell you...
- 133. you turn it on.
- 134. - Get back!
- ... two...
- 135. - Hold this.
- 136. - Are you ready?
- Here come the Niagara Falls!
- 137. Turn it on.
- 138. - Turn it off, turn it off!
- What happened?
- 139. Let's get out of here! Come on.
- 140. Oh, Lord!
- 141. - Oh, no!
- No way!
- 142. I hope my camera didn't get wet.
- 143. After that, Isidoro never ate
another hard boiled egg.
- 144. He made the whole corridor
smell like burnt chicken.
- 145. Straight ahead.
- 146. - There's the infirmary!
- Wait, wait!
- 147. With her!
The one with the lab coat!
- 148. - Let's go with her.
- Where's the infirmary?
- 149. To the right.
- 150. - What happened?
- Up we go!
- 151. What's wrong?
- 152. - He got electrocuted.
- 153. - Yes.
- With what?
- 154. It's a long story.
- 155. - Hello, Mariana.
- Hello, Beto.
- 156. Being the children
of prominent engineers,
- 157. Mariana and I had known
each other for a long time.
- 158. You did what to his what?
- 159. Maybe you could...
- 160. check him out.
- 161. Mm-hmm.
- 162. Mm-hmm.
- 163. Mm-hmm!
- 164. His scrotum is scorched.
- 165. We thought maybe you'd have
more experience in that area.
- 166. - Oh, my God.
- Since you're a doctor and all.
- 167. Biomedical engineering
and medicine student.
- 168. All new students, please gather
at the auditorium
- 169. for the Chancellor's welcome.
- 170. I think we have to go.
- 171. - Yes.
- Let's go.
- 172. I haven't washed my hands.
- 173. I'm not scorched.
- 174. That's bad luck, I pass.
- 175. Ah.
- 176. Tsk.
- 177. No way, they're your friends.
- 178. - See you.
- 179. - Bye! Thanks!
- So mean!
- 180. - Good morning!
- Good morning.
- 181. I'm very happy to see
each and every one of you
- 182. on your first day of school.
- 183. And for the official welcome...
- 184. We want to introduce you
to our beloved professor,
- 185. - Mr. Escalona.
- 186. Thank you, Doctor, Ma'am.
- 187. Gentlemen, good morning.
- 188. What's the definition of perfection?
- 189. Anyone?
- 190. The state or quality of being
devoid of defects, sir.
- 191. That's correct.
- 192. A bridge is a symbol of perfection.
- 193. Each step in its construction
must be perfect.
- 194. - Is that clear?
- 195. Yes, sir, Mr. sir, right, sir.
- 196. Unlike the lies
your parents have told you,
- 197. not all of you are geniuses.
- 198. Look to your right.
- 199. Look to your left.
- 200. This is the competition
you will have out there.
- 201. For example, this bridge...
- 202. is perfect.
- 203. Perfection is what we
demand from you.
- 204. Perfection is what you
must demand from yourselves.
- 205. - Excuse me, Mr...
- 206. Escalona.
- 207. To build that bridge, didn't the engineers
have to make several mistakes
- 208. before finding what is perfect?
- 209. I took this piece
from a very beautiful bridge.
- 210. Can you tell me how I got
this piece from a bridge
- 211. where each piece,
each beam, each stone
- 212. Is supposed to be
perfect and unmovable? No!
- 213. You don't know.
- 214. This is what happens
when you break the rules.
- 215. Do you know how many lives
depend on you?
- 216. Don't make mistakes.
- 217. Unless you want to belong
to the losers' club,
- 218. - like Mr...
- Pancho Kuri.
- 219. And no, sir, I always want to improve.
- 220. I just believe we can learn
from our mistakes.
- 221. Oh, my, the loser's theory.
- 222. It's not my theory,
but Thomas Alva Edison's,
- 223. the inventor of electricity.
- 224. Whoo!
- 225. Not everyone clapped.
- 226. - Well, almost.
- 227. - Almost everyone.
- Pretty much everyone.
- 228. Whoo!
- 229. The semester was just starting
- 230. and we noticed Pancho was taking
all the classes he could,
- 231. which, curiously enough, happened to be
the same classes Mariana took.
- 232. Biochemical engineering.
- 233. Who enrolls in that, for God's sake?
- 234. Professor, it's almost finished.
- 235. I tested it this morning
with a couple of seeds.
- 236. - It's going to work! Well...
- But does it work now?
- 237. - Let me talk to your father.
- What for?
- 238. Let me talk to him.
- 239. Hello? Dad, I'm with
- 240. Mr. Valtierra! Good morning.
- 241. I have news.
Your son will not be graduating
- 242. because he was late
in delivering his invention,
- 243. so don't worry about getting tickets
to the graduation.
- 244. Have a nice day. Bye.
- 245. No! But... Professor!
One week, please!
- 246. No!
- 247. I was late because my mother
had to be hospitalized.
- 248. My wife died on a Sunday afternoon,
and on Monday I was back here teaching.
- 249. Rules are rules.
- 250. No functioning invention,
- 251. Hey!
- 252. What do you have there?
Let's see. Come on!
- 253. Oh, ho, ho...
- 254. - What is it?
- Wi-Fi seeds.
- 255. - What?
- When there's an emergency,
- 256. you plant them, water them,
and a router comes out.
- 257. - What do you need?
- I need to generate a magnetic field.
- 258. - I already have a catalyst. Yeah.
- The water!
- 259. You have to contain
the generated energy?
- 260. Direct it.
- 261. - It's a great invention!
- It sure is.
- 262. - He flunked him?
- Big time.
- 263. Who says "big time" anymore?
- 264. Okay, who touched my charms?
- 265. Mm-hmm!
- 266. Hold on!
- 267. - You took these?
- 268. - They're pretty good.
- My dad either hates them
- 269. or they piss him off.
- 270. No, no, they're pretty good.
- 271. - Amazing.
- For real?
- 272. - Yes.
- Sorry to interrupt, but...
- 273. these wi-fi seeds don't
sound very real to me.
- 274. And did Skype, WhatsApp, drones
- 275. Landing on the moon or Mars?
- 276. I don't think either of us can help him.
- 277. We have our own project to work on.
- 278. - Right, Beto?
- 279. Besides, Escalona's out to get you.
- 280. - You better not mess with him.
- 281. You are blaming me because
Valtierra's no longer here?
- 282. - No.
- Sit properly, please!
- 283. I'm not blaming anyone,
- 284. but what's the use of a modern school
- 285. If you have a rigid
and old-fashioned system?
- 286. With my system, my class
is still number one.
- 287. But according to what scale,
- 288. The world is no longer
the one you studied in.
- 289. We students are getting increasingly
more creative and proactive,
- 290. but we have to face professors,
with all due respect, like you.
- 291. Your teaching doesn't change.
- 292. There's no talk about innovation,
only about grading, winning, overcoming.
- 293. There's nothing about
- 294. You are going to teach me how to teach?
- 295. Come on, let's go.
- 296. - But...
- Let's see.
- 297. - We'll see...
- Careful with the stairs, Professor!
- 298. - You'll hurt your knees!
- You should've thought of that before!
- 299. You're in great shape,
- 300. Ms. Molina, please take a seat.
- 301. This self-proclaimed teacher
- 302. says he's better than our staff,
so go ahead, Mr. Kuri, teach.
- 303. Come on, we don't have all day!
- 304. - Forgive me, Ma'am.
- 305. These two words should
have an effect on you.
- 306. And this effect has the power
to help millions.
- 307. Even to save lives.
- 308. Whoever tells me their meaning,
passes the class.
- 309. - Oh, no, you can't...
- It's all right, let him.
- 310. You can use your books,
- 311. but you have only 30 seconds, and...
- 312. We're on the clock!
- 313. Give me your book.
- 314. Mr. Velasco...
- 315. The definition must be here...
Come on, look for it!
- 316. Lend me your notebook.
- 317. What's that?
- 318. Time!
- 319. Mr. Escalona, time Is up.
- 320. No one has the answer, right?
- 321. Go back 30 seconds in time,
to the moment I asked the question.
- 322. How did you feel? Mm?
- 323. Surprised? Nervous?
Curious about learning something new?
- 324. Because robots are programmed
to repeat concepts,
- 325. patterns, to follow rules,
- 326. but there is a difference
between being a robot
- 327. and being the robot designer:
- 328. curiosity, ingenuity.
- 329. This is not a philosophy class.
- 330. Can you give us the definition
of those words?
- 331. These words don't exist, sir.
- 332. They're the names of my friends:
- 333. Beto and Felipe.
- 334. And this is how you plan to teach
- 335. No, sir, I could never.
- 336. I'm just teaching you how to teach.
- 337. And I know that you'll learn,
- 338. because I never abandon
my slower students.
- 339. - Silence.
- He called him a fool!
- 340. Silence!
- 341. You better invent
as well as you talk, Mr. Kuri.
- 342. Because without an invention
that actually works,
- 343. you won't graduate.
- 344. And I'm the one
who signs the diplomas.
- 345. Time went by and
we became inseparable.
- 346. We were the three best friends.
- 347. Or, as Escalona called us,
the three idiots.
- 348. Stop studying, man, come on.
- 349. We all lived in the house
my aunt rented to me
- 350. and were known around campus
for having the best barbecues.
- 351. And Pancho, who claimed
he knew everything,
- 352. still didn't dare speak to Mariana.
- 353. Let's go.
- 354. Okay, how do we make a nanopill?
- 355. We'll need the school's AFM
- 356. plus someone who knows more
about human biology than us.
- 357. That's true.
- 358. It's from Beto.
Check it out!
- 359. We're going to a wedding tonight.
- 360. - Hey, so...
- But how will we get in?
- 361. I was going to say,
we don't have invitations.
- 362. Great! Beto's aunt just saved us.
- 363. - What?
- To the storeroom!
- 364. Good evening.
- 365. - Hello, good evening.
- Hello. Your invitations?
- 366. We don't have them, but we're here
for the aerial gymnastics show.
- 367. And juggling.
- 368. - One second.
- 369. Juan, the aerial gymnastics
guys are here.
- 370. What's up, dude?
- 371. Where did you find those costumes?
- 372. - Be right back.
- Those sure are tight, yo!
- 373. These are very nice.
- 374. - Let's take a selfie.
- Yes, yes.
- 375. - There we are.
- 376. - It's really nice!
- Pedro, come here a sec, please.
- 377. - See you later.
- 378. - Seriously?
- 379. Where's the Cartier watch I gave you?
- 380. - Well, I...
- You didn't like it?
- 381. Er, I...
- 382. You didn't like it, because if you had
you'd be wearing it!
- 383. No, the thing is...
- 384. The thing is what?
- 385. - Are you serious?
- Smile for the magazine.
- 386. Thank you.
- 387. Hello? Oh, hi Mom!
- 388. No, I just didn't have-
- 389. What a catch!
- 390. What are you doing here?
- 391. I'm here to bring you these.
- 392. And for the show.
- 393. They're identical to the ones
on the tables, of course.
- 394. You can't hide good taste.
- 395. May I have your glass for a second?
- 396. Why?
- 397. I don't want you to break it on my head
after I give you a piece of advice.
- 398. Your boyfriend is not good.
- 399. He treats you like an object,
- 400. he only cares about money
and he'll make you miserable.
- 401. Did I ask for your opinion?
- 402. I bet you a date to the movies
- 403. that in under a minute he'll tell you
the price of his shoes.
- 404. Deal.
- 405. Come on, Mom, it has to be white,
don't be ordinary.
- 406. Tell me, idiot!
What's your problem, man?
- 407. Careful with my shoes!
- 408. $600! Ever earned that?
- 409. Goddammit!
- 410. So, what are you doing at this party
with that arrogant boyfriend?
- 411. It's my sister's wedding.
- 412. - So you're here with your family?
- Yes, I am.
- 413. In fact, that tall man over there
is my dad.
- 414. Please tell me you
take after your mom.
- 415. - That's what they say.
- I'd love to meet her.
- 416. - Where is she?
- In the graveyard.
- 417. - At this hour?
- She's dead.
- 418. I'm sorry.
- 419. What about that?
- 420. Come check it out,
I was just looking at it.
- 421. What do you think?
I just found her.
- 422. She's gorgeous! I mean, she's perfect,
- 423. - Everything's in place.
- In place!
- 424. Hug her, like she was
your ice girlfriend.
- 425. Okay!
- 426. - Cool, dude!
- 427. - It's awesome.
- It is.
- 428. - No.
- Yes, dude.
- 429. - No, no way.
- Yes, do it!
- 430. They won't see you. Do it!
- 431. You haven't told me what you're
doing here dressed as Jiminy Cricket?
- 432. Some high class friends invited me.
- 433. No one says "high class friends".
- 434. - They don't?
- 435. Who was it? Beto?
- 436. Do it!
- 437. Cool!
- 438. Look at this, dude!
- 439. This is-
- 440. What?
- 441. It's stuck?
- 442. You sneak into my sister's wedding,
dressed like in Swan Lake...
- 443. Hold on!
- 444. and you criticize my sister's wedding,
my family, and my dad.
- 445. Hold on, one...
- 446. What else?
Who do you think you are?
- 447. - ... two...
- 448. James Bond.
- 449. Jesus!
- 450. Trust me, man!
- 451. Remove yourself!
- 452. Oh, shit!
- 453. - Shit!
- Put it out!
- 454. They ruined my wedding, Dad!
- 455. Oh, shit!
Let's go, let's go!
- 456. Security!
- 457. That was the first time Pancho
- 458. - Grab those three idiots!
- 459. And as far as I remember,
it was terrible!
- 460. As you can see,
it's a beautiful structure.
- 461. You must emulate it.
- 462. Good morning, Ms. Molina.
- 463. Good morning, Professor Escalona.
- 464. Pop quiz. Hand it out.
- 465. - What?
- 466. But nobody told us!
- 467. Silence! It's quite easy.
- 468. No buts!
You can thank these three idiots.
- 469. As you know, if you don't pass the test,
you have to repeat the semester.
- 470. Come on, man!
What did you eat?
- 471. - What's that, Isidoro?
- What? It wasn't me!
- 472. Silence!
- 473. - Who's rotting?
- Professor, please!
- 474. Leave the classroom!
- 475. Cowards!
Finish the test!
- 476. We're sorry about what happened
at the wedding, Professor.
- 477. You're all expelled.
- 478. - What?
- 479. Only the three of them!
- 480. You are all expelled.
You heard me!
- 481. Let's see what other weddings you ruin.
I only have one daughter left.
- 482. I'm sorry, Professor,
but you can't expel us.
- 483. It was a private event
outside the campus.
- 484. So what?
- 485. Rules are rules.
The board wouldn't agree.
- 486. - Damn you all.
- Not that, either.
- 487. Go finish your test.
- 488. Sir,
- 489. if you'll excuse me,
- 490. Pancho is a terrible student.
- 491. I can keep an eye on him for you.
- 492. You'll be the first to know
the next stupid thing he does.
- 493. - One last thing, Mr. Isidoro Velasco.
- 494. The next time you need to pass gas,
- 495. don't do it indoors.
- 496. Look for an open space.
- 497. Yes.
- 498. I'll keep you posted.
- 499. - Stop here!
- Here! Stop now!
- 500. Okay, I'm stopping.
- 501. - It's horrible!
- No, no, no!
- 502. Open up!
- 503. You should at least warn us!
It smells like rotten fish!
- 504. It wasn't me.
- 505. You're responsible for global warming,
- 506. What? Global warming?
- 507. After my appointment
with Teltech's CEO.
- 508. I'll have enough funds
to solve that problem.
- 509. That and the extinction of polar bears.
- 510. And helping the penguins.
- 511. You know how many penguins
up in that mountain need your help?
- 512. You know how many?
- 513. What the hell-Who-What?
- 514. He has an appointment with
the president of Teltech.
- 515. The greatest company, I told-
You didn't read Expansion?
- 516. Go ahead, take a gander.
- 517. Culture.
- 518. - Here's your magazine, okay?
- 519. Jealous? Look at me.
- 520. Success! Pancho's not even
featured in the horoscopes.
- 521. Isidoro was right,
and I don't get it.
- 522. I was sure Pancho would be the one
of magazine covers.
- 523. Halfway through our studies,
- 524. he had shown all of us his genius
and his hunger for success.
- 525. Can someone tell me how this is
related to AFM,
- 526. that is, atomic microscopy.
- 527. - Pancho?
- 528. Nanotechnology works with atoms,
and atoms are energy.
- 529. The cool thing about the little pill
is that it has nanomagnetic particles
- 530. that merge with
cancer cells in the blood.
- 531. This will help us
detect cancer way sooner,
- 532. and with more precision
than any other technology.
- 533. We only have to do some tests.
- 534. - That's all?
- That's all.
- 535. But we have a digestive problem.
- 536. How do we stop gastric acid
from destroying the transmitter?
- 537. How's your robot going?
- 538. Quite well! Want to see it?
- 539. - It's right over here.
- 540. - Can I take a picture?
- As many as you want.
- 541. You mind if I take a picture?
- 542. Okay, a bit more to the right
and grab the apple.
- 543. That's it.
- 544. It's absolutely incredible.
- 545. What's the helmet for?
- 546. The helmet is so you can
move it with your thoughts.
- 547. - I don't get it.
- 548. He means the brain's electric impulses,
whenever you think.
- 549. Imagine just thinking about taking
the picture and then it takes it.
- 550. - That's the idea.
- 551. Oh, geez.
- 552. - Why's the Finder-
- What is this? Copy?
- 553. And that's
how another semester ended.
- 554. Here we are!
- 555. We're top in our class!
First, second and third place!
- 556. I knew we'd worked hard!
Let me take a picture.
- 557. Yeah. A selfie.
- 558. You were not first and second,
you were last and next to last.
- 559. What's the big difference
between last and first?
- 560. We were 200 students.
- 561. - I barely made it, I'm the last.
- And I'm next to last.
- 562. Here I am, 6.2.
- 563. Why is he so mad?
- 564. Because he came in second.
- 565. - Who's in first?
- 566. He can do that, I can't!
- 567. My family's on my case,
they'd never forgive me.
- 568. Not my mom, nor my dad,
my uncles, my cousins,
- 569. my siblings, my nephews,
no one would forgive me!
- 570. Felipe's family was so happy about
their son finishing the semester
- 571. that we threw a celebratory barbecue.
- 572. Come in! Welcome!
- 573. And he got so mad!
But I went for it.
- 574. - Your cousin is really cool!
- What cousin?
- 575. That guy over there.
- 576. - What are you playing?
- No, no, no, that's a she.
- 577. That's Chela, she's not a guy.
- 578. - You thought so too, didn't you?
- I'm not talking!
- 579. Hey! Pitch in, pitch in!
- 580. Come on, don't play dumb!
- 581. Over here!
- 582. What's it for, Grandma?
- 583. We've been doing this
since my Felipe was a kid.
- 584. We all pitch in to pay
for his tuition, right, son?
- 585. - That's right, Grandma! Thanks.
- That's cool.
- 586. - You're welcome.
- I'm not opening!
- 587. - No!
- I'm not opening the door!
- 588. - Me neither.
- Who else is coming?
- 589. - Who is it?
- Hi, it's Mariana.
- 590. Hi! How are you?
- 591. I saw on Facebook you're
having a barbecue?
- 592. Yes, you want to come in?
- 593. - May I?
- Of course!
- 594. - You brought dessert! Delicious.
- Thank you.
- 595. Make yourself at home.
- 596. Wow, so much family!
- 597. and the ant said to the elephant:
"I've got him, I've got him!"
- 598. The joke about the ant,
that's a funny one!
- 599. - You know what's funny too?
- 600. That's funny!
- 601. It's funny having to console your sister
- 602. because a jerk
like you ruined her wedding!
- 603. - Hey!
- No, hold on, dude!
- 604. Where I come from,
you don't interrupt women.
- 605. Mariana, she's not a dude,
she's a girl and she's my cousin.
- 606. This is my family,
not Pancho's family.
- 607. Why didn't anybody stop me?
- 608. Because I don't interrupt women.
- 609. Bring her some water!
- 610. Are you okay?
- 611. - Take a sip!
- No, take it away!
- 612. - Mariana!
- Mariana knows about this.
- 613. - An ambulance!
- There's no time for an ambulance!
- 614. Let's move her together!
- 615. Let's take her to the truck!
- 616. - Be careful!
- Call an ambulance!
- 617. - Watch out! Watch out!
- This way.
- 618. - Come through!
- Come on, cousin!
- 619. - To the truck!
- To the truck! In the back!
- 620. Please, I need an ambulance.
- 621. Quickly, please! Someone is choking!
- 622. What do you mean
you don't have an ambulance?
- 623. Why isn't the truck starting?
- 624. We won't make it! The ambulance
won't make it on time!
- 625. Yes, we will! Felipe!
Some rope! Bring her here!
- 626. The keys!
- 627. - Hold on! Hold on!
- All is well.
- 628. - How are you?
- She just fainted!
- 629. No, no, no, wake her up!
We're going to fall!
- 630. Take that exit!
- 631. - Which one?
- That one!
- 632. - You missed the exit again!
- Which one? I didn't see it!
- 633. - Can you please tell me in advance?
- Can you stop arguing?
- 634. - Mariana?
- 635. This is the beginning
of a beautiful friendship.
- 636. Please!
- 637. Here.
- 638. Mom! Mom!
- 639. It's "the mummy".
- 640. - Your family's great!
- Thank you.
- 641. - And yours?
- 642. Your family.
Where are they?
- 643. - Traveling, as always.
- 644. Look!
- 645. Well, we had to perform
- 646. Fortunately you brought her in time.
It saved her life.
- 647. Now she's in a good mood,
she's cracking jokes with the nurse,
- 648. one about an elephant, an ant..
"Strangle him, strangle him!"
- 649. Thanks.
- 650. You too, Mariana. Thank you.
- 651. The important thing Is
that he's all right.
- 652. - She!
- She! Yes, she!
- 653. You're very good
at insulting people.
- 654. Sony, I feel horrible.
- 655. A movie would make up for it,
and you owe me.
- 656. I can't.
- 657. Mr. Moneybags would scold you?
- 658. - No one says "moneybags." No.
- They don't?
- 659. We're taking a break.
- 660. He's been my boyfriend all my life.
- 661. Well, at least you can wear
your mother's watch.
- 662. - I missed her that night.
- I don't doubt it.
- 663. Okay, well, I have to go.
- 664. - Bye.
- 665. How did you know
It was my mom's?
- 666. I'm good at paying attention
to what I like.
- 667. Who are you, Pancho Kuri?
- 668. - Who am I?
- Yes, who are you?
- 669. Who was the first
man on the moon?
- 670. Neil Armstrong.
- 671. True.
- 672. Who was the second?
- 673. Buzz Aldrin.
- 674. Anybody?
- 675. No one?
- 676. Exactly.
- 677. No one remembers
who came in second.
- 678. 15 of the best companies in Latin America
will come in search of new talent.
- 679. It's your chance to lock in
a job before graduation.
- 680. Get moving!
- 681. Quiet!
- 682. Energy unit in the British
- 683. - What's going on there?
- Is it on?
- 684. No, wait!
- 685. We have to protect it
from the gastric juices
- 686. because if they dissolve it,
that's a serious problem.
- 687. The pill has to be smart
enough to lock on-
- 688. Geez! Why didn't anyone stop me?
- 689. What?
- 690. - Beto!
- 691. - Let's go!
- 692. - He scores, he wins.
- He's drunk!
- 693. - Do it now!
- Cut him off.
- 694. It's time for the truth!
- 695. He scores, he wins!
- 696. No!
- 697. Okay, let's go!
- 698. - No! Come on!
- A first-rate team!
- 699. - Come on, come on, hit it!
- It's mine!
- 700. Goal!
- 701. - In your face!
- Okay, okay!
- 702. In your face!
- 703. - Will you take our picture?
- 704. Here. Check the light.
- 705. All right? Thanks!
- 706. - What a great guy.
- Come on.
- 707. - Okay, ready?
- 708. - Picture!
- 709. Now let's look tough.
- 710. All done?
- 711. - Go check it out!
- Tough guy.
- 712. - You're so tough!
- Go see how we look!
- 713. - How did it come out?
- Thank you.
- 714. Thanks a lot, Ricardo.
- 715. - Do we look cool?
- How do we look?
- 716. What a pretty doll!
- 717. No way! You put makeup on me!
- 718. Was it you? Was it you?
It was you!
- 719. - Not me.
- 720. Hi, sweeties!
- 721. - I should go now.
- You have to go?
- 722. Yes, they'll kill me at home.
- 723. Bye.
- 724. - Bye.
- 725. - Girlfriend.
- 726. - You left a kiss on my cheek?
- I did! Bye, girlfriend.
- 727. - He really did!
- Have fun.
- 728. - Bye.
- 729. So, guys, do you think it'll work?
- 730. It has to, because I'm this close to
being kicked out of school.
- 731. I know all the answers, but as soon as
I'm sitting in front of the test,
- 732. I don't know what happens.
- 733. If you keep on leaving it up to luck,
it's going to get worse.
- 734. - How many lucky charms do you have?
- 735. The Atlante bottle opener also counts.
- 736. One for fear, for the test,
for money, work, your family,
- 737. who are amazing.
- 738. How can you live here and now
if you fear what's coming so much?
- 739. It's easy for him to talk because
he has his life figured out. I don't.
- 740. - I have to work twice as hard as you.
- We don't all have your brain.
- 741. It's not about the brain.
It's about passion.
- 742. I do well at school because
I'm passionate about learning.
- 743. I'm passionate about inventing.
- 744. It's about doing it right,
- 745. What about you, dude?
Give me your backpack.
- 746. - What?
- What is it?
- 747. No, don't mess with my camera!
- 748. Pancho, be careful, dude!
- 749. Ah, the best nature photographer
ever is teaching a course in Portugal,
- 750. and he won't send the letter.
- 751. - The problem's my dad.
- No way!
- 752. - It's not your dad!
- The problem is you.
- 753. You're not an engineer,
- 754. you're a photographer,
and a good one.
- 755. Imagine Chicharito's dad saying:
"You're going to be a singer,"
- 756. or Juan Gabriel's mom telling him:
"You, son, will be a soccer player."
- 757. We're not all good or bad at everything,
we're born with a specific talent.
- 758. You want to do well?
Follow your passion.
- 759. You don't take success, money
or fame to the grave,
- 760. but you do take the pleasure of
fulfilling your passion.
- 761. - Cheers to that.
- 762. Don't play, though.
You're scared too.
- 763. Scared of what?
- 764. Hey...
- 765. Mariana, sucker.
- 766. You're scared of Mariana!
- 767. - He's scared of Mariana.
- That's a different subject!
- 768. No, It's not!
- 769. Tell Mariana you're crazy about her.
- 770. Tell Mariana you think about her
all the time.
- 771. Tell her you want her to be
the mother of your little Panchos.
- 772. - Tell her!
- And I'm the corny one!
- 773. If you tell Mariana
you're crazy for her,
- 774. I'll tell my dad I want
to be a photographer.
- 775. - Beto, do you mean it?
- I mean it.
- 776. If Beto does that,
- 777. I'll throw away all of my lucky charms.
- 778. Huh?
- 779. - He's quiet now.
- 780. Total silence, he's at a loss for words.
- 781. Okay.
- 782. - The cat got his tongue!
- No, no, no.
- 783. You'll see I'm not scared of her.
Come on, let's go.
- 784. - Wait, where are you going?
- Where else?
- 785. Wait, wait, wait, wait.
- 786. - Let's follow him.
- Let's go.
- 787. Who's going to pay?
- 788. Mariana! Mariana!
- 789. Psst! Psst! Mariana!
- 790. Hello.
- 791. - What are you doing here?
- Oh, you know, just looking at the stars.
- 792. - Are you crazy?
- Yes, a little bit.
- 793. Do you want to go out with me?
- 794. - What?
- Do you want to go out with me?
- 795. - You're an idiot.
- Do you want to go out with an idiot?
- 796. - And if I don't?
- Then I'll die trying!
- 797. No, no, no, come up!
- 798. - Come up!
- Did you say yes?
- 799. - Okay, yes.
- Wow, you sure took your time.
- 800. Whoa!
- 801. Pancho! No way!
- 802. Pancho!
- 803. I need mouth to mouth.
- 804. Are you all right?
- 805. You really scared me!
- 806. - It was good.
- Yes, it was good, okay.
- 807. - Okay, go home.
- Come with me.
- 808. - No, go.
- Come with me.
- 809. No! No way!
- 810. Are you all right?
- 811. - Yeah, I didn't get hurt, I'm fine.
- You sure?
- 812. Okay.
- 813. - It looked more dramatic than it was.
- It looked very dramatic.
- 814. If my dad knew I was here,
at this hour, in my pajamas, with you?
- 815. - He'd kill me.
- He would. Your father hates me.
- 816. You know, you and my dad have
more in common than you think?
- 817. - Yeah, right.
- 818. - No way.
- 819. You're both obsessive,
you strive for excellence...
- 820. Yes, but he's military style.
- 821. I understand about the bridge,
about mistakes and all that.
- 822. - Look.
- No, you don't get the bridge thing.
- 823. I don't? Why not?
- 824. Um... we were going on vacation
- 825. and my mom was driving.
- 826. She was on the phone with my dad.
- 827. And then...
- 828. A tension cable became loose,
- 829. and then another...
- 830. and then another one.
- 831. My dad heard everything because
they were on the phone.
- 832. I'm so sorry.
- 833. He became obsessed
with all his students being perfect.
- 834. Of course...
- 835. - Those metallic pieces are...
- From the bridge, yes.
- 836. Oh, God.
- 837. - I'm sorry, I didn't know.
- I'm getting too intense now.
- 838. But that's what it was all about,
so we could know each other better.
- 839. - And what's up with you?
- About what?
- 840. Yes, what's up with your family?
- 841. What's your dad like?
- 842. My family, my dad.
- 843. Let's see...
- 844. My dad is...
- 845. My dad is always traveling.
- 846. That's how it is.
What makes you happy?
- 847. Right now?
- 848. Well, yeah.
- 849. I don't know, right now this...
- 850. No, no, no, you want to get me wet, right?
Let's go together!
- 851. - Yes!
- No way! Your dad!
- 852. What?
- 853. You fool...
- 854. Hey, hey, hey, hey!
- 855. Get a room!
- 856. Stop singing.
- 857. - Here?
- Yes, it's here.
- 858. - Come on.
- I'll stop here.
- 859. - Let's go!
- 860. - I forgot my keys!
- 861. I didn't bring my keys!
- 862. - We'll jump.
- Let's jump.
- 863. Stand on me!
- 864. - I'm sorry.
- Yes, yes, yes.
- 865. - I can't!
- You're so heavy!
- 866. - Ready?
- 867. Be quiet!
- 868. Come this way!
- 869. That's my dad's room!
- 870. I can't believe this!
- 871. Look!
- 872. - Another fountain!
- 873. Why don't you jump in
and kiss again?
- 874. If you go...
- 875. - Now, now.
- This way.
- 876. Climb up and you pull her up.
- 877. - You want me to climb?
- 878. - No.
- 879. One, two and...
- 880. Look at his hand!
- 881. That's cheating!
- 882. - Let's do this more often.
- Don't speak so loudly.
- 883. It got tangled!
- 884. Okay, you did it.
- 885. Give me your hand,
you can do it, trust me.
- 886. I'm scared!
- 887. - Don't be scared.
- You did it!
- 888. What a nice view!
- 889. Mariana, is that you?
- 890. - Come on!
- 891. - Come down!
- Careful, Beto!
- 892. - You got me?
- Yes! Felipe!
- 893. I'm coming, my rabbit's foot
- 894. Mariana, is that you?
- 895. Felipe! Come down, dude!
- 896. We'll see you outside.
- 897. I don't know, Dad,
it was a possum or something!
- 898. - A possum?
- I mean...
- 899. - Ochoa?
- Professor Escalona.
- 900. Hey! You ruined my car!
- 901. - What's this?
- 902. She-
- 903. She wouldn't stop throwing up,
I had in take her to the hospital.
- 904. - Are you all right?
- 905. I'm pregnant.
- 906. - What?
- 907. You're going to be a grandpa, Dad!
- 908. How exciting!
- 909. Check it out.
- 910. - Silence.
- I caught them all on Omega Ruby.
- 911. I have gathered all the engineers
- 912. to let you know that the Chancellor is
arriving two weeks ahead of schedule.
- 913. What do you mean, two weeks?
- 914. So the presentation of your inventions
will be two weeks earlier.
- 915. The question here Is:
- 916. Who has an invention ready
to show the Chancellor right now?
- 917. Me. I have one and I'm ready
to show it at any time.
- 918. Yeah, sure.
- 919. Very well, Mr. Velasco.
What is it?
- 920. Well, it's a pill-sized device
that works with an app.
- 921. - Hey, that's our invention!
- He stole it!
- 922. I've been working on it for months.
- 923. Okay, let's see.
- 924. Mr. Kuri, do you have a way
to prove it's yours?
- 925. Yes, yes, yes.
- 926. We haven't patented it yet,
but this guy's always spying on us.
- 927. Do you have proof?
- 928. No, professor.
- 929. Mr. Velasco, what do you have?
- 930. Because the Chancellor wants to see
that your invention really works.
- 931. I can make it work,
but not in two weeks.
- 932. I can have it ready.
- 933. Of course not! You don't know what
you're doing! It's not ready yet.
- 934. Of course I know what I'm doing,
it's my idea.
- 935. Now I'll get him!
- 936. Enough! That is enough!
- 937. Whoever the impostor is,
I'll get to the bottom of this.
- 938. You can go back to your classes.
- 939. Mr. Ochoa, I'll see you in my office.
- 940. - In your office?
- We have to talk about this.
- 941. - Write.
- Yes, sir.
- 942. - I want to apologize for last night...
- 943. - Yes.
- "Dear Mr. Ochoa,
- 944. I regret to inform you
that your son, Felipe Ochoa,
- 945. has been expelled from school."
- 946. - Write!
- You can't do this to me.
- 947. My whole family
works hard to see me graduate.
- 948. I have your grades, Mr. Ochoa.
- 949. You've failed many tests.
- 950. Sir, I beg you.
Give me another chance.
- 951. Yes.
- 952. Delete you name...
- 953. Write Francisco Kuri's,
- 954. and the two of us will write together
the letter that expels your friend.
- 955. If someone deserves
to graduate, it's Pancho, not me.
- 956. I see.
- 957. Okay.
- 958. That's all.
- 959. You're the first Ochoa
to go to college.
- 960. And what a college, son!
- 961. You're going to make it far!
- 962. I'll let your family know, man!
- 963. All is well!
- 964. How is he?
- 965. The blunt force trauma and brain swelling
have resulted in a coma.
- 966. Will he be all right?
- 967. Well, that depends on him.
- 968. He can hear us.
- 969. Let's tell him things that'll wake him up.
- 970. Miss, do you sell
timeshares in this place?
- 971. We'll need some
for the Ochoa family.
- 972. Hi, see what we brought.
- 973. Don't make us use it on you!
- 974. Come on, wake up!
- 975. Come on!
- 976. Felipe!
- 977. Felipe's coma
got all of us thinking.
- 978. It gave me the courage to ask the
photographer I most admired for a job.
- 979. Hello, Ernesto, I'm very interested...
- 980. You can't expel students
at the drop of a hat.
- 981. Those kids arrive at this school
full of hope.
- 982. Just because you lost yours,
- 983. doesn't mean you have
to take it away from them!
- 984. Our philosophy is excellence,
and compassion, as well.
- 985. And If you don't agree,
you can resign.
- 986. Escalona cancelled it,
you're not expelled!
- 987. Here it is, cancelled!
- 988. So there's no excuse, move
that skinny behind and come back.
- 989. Felipe, wake up!
- 990. Wake up, Felipe, wake up!
- 991. Blow out the candles!
- 992. Blow! Very good!
- 993. Congratulations!
- 994. Go, Felipe! Go, Felipe!
- 995. Felipe, wake up!
Atlante made it to first division!
- 996. Atlante won?
- 997. Yes, 3-2 at the last minute,
it was amazing,
- 998. Herrera takes it, everyone attacks,
he runs to the other side,
- 999. gives a great kick and what a pass,
Doctor! It was perfect!
- 1000. Uscanga has it, eludes one,
- 1001. It's like a Sweet Sixteen ball!
- 1002. He leaves the defense behind,
only the goalkeeper is left,
- 1003. he dances with him, what a play!
- 1004. - He kicks it and...
- 1005. Goal!
- 1006. - He woke up!
- He woke up!
- 1007. You're such a liar.
- 1008. Shh! What?
- 1009. You're such a liar.
- 1010. Uscanga hasn't scored
a goal in two seasons.
- 1011. Thank you.
- 1012. I'll take your picture.
- 1013. Look this way!
- 1014. And the day of the job
- 1015. Turn!
- 1016. It's a dangerous turn!
- 1017. You promised you'd get rid
of your charms.
- 1018. This white Ganesh is for good vibes.
- 1019. This is for good luck.
This is for abundance, here.
- 1020. The main lady. Here.
- 1021. This is for protection.
- 1022. This is my favorite, my Buddha.
- 1023. Ta-da!
- 1024. It arrived at home.
- 1025. What does it say?
- 1026. "Humberto Cervantes Del Rio."
- 1027. Here. Open it.
- 1028. Come on, open it!
- 1029. Open it!
- 1030. I'd like you to be my assistant
while I'm In Portugal...
- 1031. Holy crap!
He liked my pictures
- 1032. and wants me to go to Portugal with him
as his assistant!
- 1033. You see?
- 1034. - Good.
- What am I going to tell my dad?
- 1035. Remember our promise?
- 1036. Well, now you have to go back home.
- 1037. All is well.
- 1038. Good luck.
- 1039. Congratulations!
- 1040. Go on, guys.
- 1041. - Come on.
- Are you ready?
- 1042. Turn here.
- 1043. - All is well.
- 1044. While Felipe faced the most important
challenge of his career,
- 1045. I was facing the most important
challenge of my I life:
- 1046. Telling my dad the truth
and opening my heart to him.
- 1047. What happened to you?
- 1048. I...
- 1049. I had been expelled.
- 1050. I was walking down the street
and a car hit me.
- 1051. Why were you expelled?
- 1052. Because I got very drunk and ruined
the Dean's car. That's why.
- 1053. Even though you have a scholarship,
your grades are not the best.
- 1054. Why is that, Mr. Ochoa?
- 1055. Fear.
- 1056. I've always been a good student,
- 1057. but I'm also the first in my family
to go to college,
- 1058. and the truth is that it really scared me.
I was scared of letting them down.
- 1059. But seven broken bones gave me
enough time to think about everything.
- 1060. I'm no longer afraid.
- 1061. Quite the opposite, I'm happy and grateful
that I'm here, with you, alive.
- 1062. Your candid demeanor
- 1063. is not necessarily what we're looking for
in this company.
- 1064. Hmm.
- 1065. We need someone more diplomatic
to handle the clients.
- 1066. However, if you're willing
to change your attitude,
- 1067. we can consider you for the company.
- 1068. Look, sir,
- 1069. It took two broken legs for me to stand up
and have this attitude.
- 1070. Believe me,
I won't change it for anything.
- 1071. You know what? Keep the job.
- 1072. I'm wasting my time here with you.
- 1073. Mr. Ochoa.
- 1074. I have interviewed thousands
of candidates over the years.
- 1075. The truth is that they all become,
please pardon my French,
- 1076. ass-kissers to get the job.
- 1077. I see.
- 1078. - Where do you come from?
- From my family, sir.
- 1079. Welcome.
- 1080. Thank you.
- 1081. Dad, have you heard the saying:
- 1082. "Turn your passion into your profession
and your job will feel like a game?"
- 1083. That Pancho guy
put ideas into your head!
- 1084. It's not that, Dad.
- 1085. I don't want to be an engineer.
- 1086. I'm really bad at it.
- 1087. But when I grab a camera, Dad,
- 1088. when I grab a camera,
I can spend eight or ten hours...
- 1089. And I don't feel them.
- 1090. And you'll drop out of college
a year shy of graduation?
- 1091. What will Escalona say when he hears
- 1092. you're going off to photograph
streetcars and birdies?
- 1093. The Dean didn't take me
in the zoo, Dad.
- 1094. He didn't carry me on his shoulders
after working 12 hours straight
- 1095. so I could see the elephants.
- 1096. It was you.
- 1097. Dad, you gave me my first camera.
- 1098. It was you, no one else.
- 1099. But you'll starve as a photographer, son.
- 1100. So what If I don't make much money
or I have a smaller home
- 1101. if I'm happy doing what I like, Dad?
- 1102. Dad! Dad!
- 1103. How much is that trip to Portugal?
- 1104. Thank you!
- 1105. Pancho!
- 1106. What happened?
- 1107. - About what?
- With Isidoro.
- 1108. Nothing, everything's the same.
- 1109. I'm so angry he's presenting
- 1110. and you're so calm?
- 1111. Look, yesterday a friend got
out of the hospital and got his first job.
- 1112. The other will finally be a photographer,
and today you're here with me.
- 1113. What more can I ask for?
- 1114. Ta-da!
- 1115. Open it, don't break it.
- 1116. You're a wonderful corny man,
- 1117. Me, corny?
- 1118. Life is corny. It gave me you...
- 1119. Let's go.
- 1120. - You made this?
- With my own two hands.
- 1121. Don't ask!
- 1122. Thank you, everybody. It's an honor to be
here presenting my project.
- 1123. You have been a column,
a pillar in my education, a great teacher.
- 1124. Thank you, Chancellor,
for being here.
- 1125. You two are the most important people
in my life...
- 1126. right now.
- 1127. Let's begin.
- 1128. Here it is.
- 1129. The pill.
- 1130. For the morning after?
- 1131. A technology that can save lives.
- 1132. All I have to do is drink some water...
- 1133. and wait a couple of minutes
for it to start working.
- 1134. What you see here is an app
that works with the nanopill.
- 1135. A pill with nanocircuits
that can send out
- 1136. my heart rate,
my blood pressure,
- 1137. all of my vital signs...
Wow! I know.
- 1138. You're all wondering: "Isidoro,
what's this wonderful pill for?"
- 1139. To prevent diseases
before it's too late.
- 1140. Goodbye, cancer, dengue,
- 1141. athlete's foot, erectile dysfunction.
I'm saving the word!
- 1142. That's the goal.
- 1143. At any moment all the data
will be transmitted,
- 1144. my heart rate, all my vital signs.
- 1145. What we're starting to see
here on the computer...
- 1146. What we're starting to see here in the
computer at the top...
- 1147. It's a normal-
- 1148. They're coming... they're...
- 1149. It's a technical error.
- 1150. Stinky McToilet!
- 1151. - Stinky McToilet!
- No, no, no!
- 1152. Stinky Isidoro!
- 1153. No, no, no! Silence!
- 1154. Oh, God! I'll see you in my office,
- 1155. It was him! He ruined my invention!
- 1156. If it was yours,
you would have tested it!
- 1157. Silence!
- 1158. Do you think this is a circus?
- 1159. It's a respectable institution!
- 1160. You both have until tonight
to tell the truth,
- 1161. otherwise you'll be expelled
before the finals.
- 1162. And you, change your clothes,
- 1163. Get out!
- 1164. - What are you laughing at?
- 1165. We ask everyone to stay
inside and not go out.
- 1166. The city has collapsed.
- 1167. When does your shift end, Mariana?
- 1168. I'll be in the hospital until 6:00 AM.
I won't make it to see Dad.
- 1169. I'll give him his present later.
- 1170. I have to hang up, we're swamped.
- 1171. Yes, Mariana.
- 1172. It's beautiful, darling!
- 1173. Come on, blow out the candles.
- 1174. Bravo!
- 1175. I love you.
- 1176. - Dad!
- What is it?
- 1177. My water broke!
- 1178. Take me to the hospital!
- 1179. Professor Escalona...
- 1180. Professor Escalona, I...
- 1181. I...
- 1182. - Dad!
- I need an ambulance!
- 1183. Come on!
- 1184. - Ah!
- Oh, no!
- 1185. Come on, come.
- 1186. Put me down.
- 1187. Come on, Diana.
- 1188. Come on!
- 1189. Hello! Hello,
I need an ambulance!
- 1190. What do you mean
you don't have one?
- 1191. - My daughter is about to give birth!
- Dad! Dad, no!
- 1192. Wait, Diana!
I'll go get a taxi!
- 1193. Hello! Hello! Hello!
- 1194. Hello?
- 1195. Mariana... Mariana, I'm giving birth!
- 1196. What?
- 1197. - Do you think you can hold on?
- No! I'm giving birth!
- 1198. Diana! What is it?
- 1199. - I'm Pancho.
- Here's Mariana.
- 1200. - Mariana!
- Okay, Pancho, listen to me.
- 1201. The city is flooded, you won't make it.
You'll have to help her.
- 1202. - To give birth?
- 1203. Okay, okay, okay.
- 1204. Let's go. No...
- 1205. Breathe.
- 1206. Don't leave!
- 1207. No way!
- 1208. Okay, I have an idea. Let's put
the phone magnet close to the seeds,
- 1209. see If they work. Okay?
- 1210. Help!
- 1211. Help, please!
Diana's giving birth in the parking lot!
- 1212. - What?
- Felipe, prepare the room!
- 1213. Let's help her!
- 1214. Bring the raincoats.
- 1215. Help me!
- 1216. - We're here.
- We're here, come, relax.
- 1217. Relax, relax!
- 1218. - You wait here for Escalona!
- 1219. All is well! All is well!
- 1220. All is well!
- 1221. Escalona!
- 1222. Where is Diana? Where is she?
- 1223. - Pancho took her.
- What are you doing here?
- 1224. - This way.
- God dammit!
- 1225. Grab her.
- 1226. Mariana!
- 1227. Get on Skype.
- 1228. Skype with Mariana,
connect with her.
- 1229. - There she is. Mariana, Mariana!
- Let Diana see me!
- 1230. - Mariana, I can't do it!
- You can! I'm here with you!
- 1231. What are you doing here?
- 1232. Dad, you have to trust us!
There's no choice!
- 1233. Beto, go get scissors and hot water!
Pancho, cover Diana.
- 1234. What is this?
It's a nightmare!
- 1235. - Dad, you either help, or you leave!
- Help, Dad, help!
- 1236. Okay...
- 1237. Jimena, come closer. I need you
to measure the dilation.
- 1238. - Okay.
- Let's see.
- 1239. A lot of dilation, a lot of blood...
- 1240. No, no! Take her away!
With all due respect, sir.
- 1241. Mariana!
I see nothing, no head, nothing!
- 1242. I can't see anything...
- 1243. - Diana! Diana!
- No, no, no!
- 1244. She fainted!
What do we do?
- 1245. What do you mean?
Wake her up, she has to push!
- 1246. - Diana, please wake up, please!
- She needs a surgical vacuum.
- 1247. - A surgical vacuum!
- 1248. A surgical vacuum,
you place it on the baby's head...
- 1249. Yes, the vacuum will
pull the head out!
- 1250. Okay, I can-I can make one.
- 1251. Bring a compressor,
a hose, a flask, cork, a funnel!
- 1252. Come on, let's get it done!
- 1253. The cork.
- 1254. Hold it, hold it.
- 1255. Insert this.
- 1256. No, no!
- 1257. What-
- 1258. No, no, no!
- 1259. Mariana!
- 1260. - What happened?
- There's a power outage!
- 1261. Yes, I'm working on it. Wait.
- 1262. - Batteries! I need batteries!
- 1263. From your cars, from the lab!
Bring me batteries!
- 1264. I'll be right with you!
- 1265. All is well, sir. It's okay.
- 1266. - Here are the cables.
- It's okay.
- 1267. Coming through!
- 1268. Okay, okay!
- 1269. Help me make a circuit.
- 1270. Put those on the chair, Miguel!
- 1271. The red ones...
- 1272. Take this end.
We'll close the circuit.
- 1273. - You have it?
- Let's see... here.
- 1274. Cross your fingers.
- 1275. And... one, two, three!
- 1276. It's back!
- 1277. Perfect, get on the computer!
- 1278. Felipe, Skype, again. Skype!
- 1279. - Wait, wait, wait!
- Turn it on!
- 1280. - There she is. Mariana!
- 1281. - I love you, Pancho.
- I love you more.
- 1282. - Sorry, sir.
- Go on!
- 1283. - How much suction?
- How much suction?
- 1284. Not more than.5.
- 1285. Not more than.5.
- 1286. .5, we've got it.
- 1287. - Give it to me!
- Give it to him.
- 1288. More cable!
- 1289. Okay, okay, okay.
- 1290. Dad, please, I need you to push
on Diana's belly like this!
- 1291. Push on it like this! Like this!
- 1292. One, two...
- 1293. Push, Diana,
with all your strength! Push!
- 1294. Push!
- 1295. It's coming out!
- 1296. No way! No way!
- 1297. Push! Here it comes! I can see it!
- 1298. I love you, I love you!
- 1299. You have it?
Watch the head.
- 1300. It's my grandchild!
Welcome to the world of engineers!
- 1301. You can be whatever
you want in life!
- 1302. - Here.
- 1303. Congratulations, Diana!
- 1304. Hey!
- 1305. Where are you going?
- 1306. I'm not finished with you!
- 1307. I've kept this since my wife died
- 1308. and I promised myself I'd give it
to an extraordinary student. Here.
- 1309. No, Professor, I'm sorry, but...
- 1310. I'm not your extraordinary student.
- 1311. That was the last time
anybody saw Pancho.
- 1312. We never heard from him again.
- 1313. Then, college was over
and we all graduated.
- 1314. Well, almost everyone.
- 1315. Felipe Ochoa Arce.
- 1316. Felipe finally did it.
- 1317. The first Ochoa to graduate.
- 1318. His family couldn't contain their pride,
or the auditorium, his family.
- 1319. Isidoro Velasco Campillo.
- 1320. Isidoro Velasco also graduated,
- 1321. in spite of his gas and his cheating.
- 1322. The biomedical engineer,
- 1323. my daughter
Mariana Escalona Muñoz.
- 1324. Mariana graduated with honors.
- 1325. It could have been one of
the happiest days of her life...
- 1326. Dad!
- 1327. but not without Pancho.
- 1328. Everything comes to an end
- 1329. and while graduation is the end
of your studies,
- 1330. but it's also the beginning of life.
- 1331. They were starting
their lives as engineers,
- 1332. and me, as a photographer.
- 1333. There we go!
- 1334. - That's good luck! It hit you.
- It is?
- 1335. Cheers.
- 1336. I met my friends at this school.
- 1337. - I learned a lot...
- Cheers, Pancho.
- 1338. but my greatest lesson
was to follow my heart,
- 1339. to follow my passions, and to be
what I want to be in life.
- 1340. And I owe that to Pancho.
- 1341. We thought he would suddenly make it
with a stupid surprise,
- 1342. but he never came.
- 1343. - Well, cheers.
- 1344. What I don't understand
is why he left us, Beto.
- 1345. Why disappear like that,
without saying goodbye?
- 1346. I don't get it.
- 1347. I know why.
- 1348. - The night I snuck into your place...
- I knew it, you rat!
- 1349. You want me to tell you or not?
- 1350. While I was copying a file,
I decided to go through your things.
- 1351. And guess what?
- 1352. I found he had two almost
identical birth certificates.
- 1353. One under the name Francisco Kuri,
and the other one under Alfonso.
- 1354. No way!
- 1355. I obviously took a picture.
- 1356. And I skedaddled out of there,
I didn't want you to find me.
- 1357. No? Okay.
- 1358. There was only one way
to find out the truth.
- 1359. Ow!
- 1360. Good afternoon,
where are you traveling?
- 1361. To Tlayacapan.
- 1362. God dammit...
- 1363. Excuse me...
- 1364. - The registrar's office?
- The building with the arches.
- 1365. Damned miserable floors!
- 1366. I'm looking for Francisco Kuri.
- 1367. The best known Kuris around here
were Mr. Francisco and Mr. Ezequiel.
- 1368. They died in the fire
of the Hacienda San Gabriel.
- 1369. It was really ugly, even their little
ranch hand was heartbroken.
- 1370. Their ranch hand?
What was his name?
- 1371. Hold on... Pancho... no...
- 1372. - Ponchito Perez, that was his name.
- You don't say.
- 1373. Mr. Ezequiel and his family
wanted to adopt him.
- 1374. That's why he stole the identity,
to get into the college!
- 1375. Stinky Isidoro! Stinky Isidoro!
- 1376. Remember that day everyone
humiliated me in the auditorium?
- 1377. You're a moron!
- 1378. Me, a moron?
You're a fraud, Isidoro.
- 1379. - A fraud?
- You stinky.
- 1380. Fraud?
- 1381. Don't forget this day!
It's called karma!
- 1382. You'll remember this day too!
- 1383. Five years from now, we'll see
who is more successful!
- 1384. A stupid, cow-milking farmer,
or me, Isidoro Velasco Campillo!
- 1385. Mr. Ezequiel Kuri!
- 1386. Ring a bell?
It's your dad, isn't it?
- 1387. Don't play dumb!
Pancho Kuri is dead!
- 1388. You stole his identity!
- 1389. And that's fraud. It's illegal.
- 1390. Your life, buddy?
That's the real fraud.
- 1391. It's coming!
- 1392. Shh!
- 1393. - I love you, Pancho!
- I love you more!
- 1394. I'm sorry, Professor, but I'm not
that extraordinary student.
- 1395. He didn't have the guts
to tell you all the truth.
- 1396. He was a liar, a fraud.
An identity thief. A charlatan.
- 1397. - Okay, pull over.
- What are you doing, dude?
- 1398. Stop it! What's the matter?
- 1399. - I said stop!
- What's the matter?
- 1400. You're going to kill us!
- 1401. My car, dude!
- 1402. - Get out!
- You're a jerk!
- 1403. - What's wrong?
- Get out!
- 1404. Why are you angry with me?
Your friend was a fraud!
- 1405. He wasn't a fraud,
he was our friend!
- 1406. Your friend? You didn't even
know who he was!
- 1407. - I'm going to hit him.
- Go ahead, please.
- 1408. You're going to start?
- 1409. - You broke my tooth, jerk!
- You want me to break another one?
- 1410. - Get in the trunk!
- Let's call Mariana!
- 1411. I'll call Mariana.
- 1412. - Relax! Now!
- 1413. Hello, it's Felipe, a friend from school.
Is Mariana there?
- 1414. Yes, but she's a bit busy today.
- 1415. - She's getting married.
- 1416. Where?
- 1417. We don't have time to go get Mariana.
- 1418. - Don't listen to him.
- 1419. Okay, fine, I give up.
- 1420. We'll go see Pancho,
- 1421. but we have to be back by 9:00
for my Teltech meeting.
- 1422. - Okay?
- Hold on, let me.
- 1423. - I think I knocked him out.
- 1424. Picture?
- 1425. Beto, come!
- 1426. Excuse me, do you know where
the bride's room is?
- 1427. - It's that one.
- Okay, thank you.
- 1428. Photographer...
- 1429. I'll take care of Mariana
and you take care of Mr. Prada.
- 1430. - Deal?
- 1431. - Is it time?
- I don't know.
- 1432. Hello.
- 1433. - Felipe?
- Please let me in! Let me in!
- 1434. - Hello, Mariana.
- 1435. Three things.
- 1436. First of all, you look beautiful.
- 1437. - Thank you.
- Secondly, I'm very offended
- 1438. that you didn't invite me
to your wedding.
- 1439. I'm sorry, Emiliano didn't want me to.
- 1440. I knew it. And thirdly,
we found Pancho.
- 1441. - What?
- 1442. Darling, is everything all right?
- 1443. All is well, Emiliano!
- 1444. Okay.
- 1445. Thank you!
- 1446. You can't marry him!
- 1447. He's a chauvinist loudmouth
who only cares about money.
- 1448. Emiliano has changed a lot, Felipe!
- 1449. I'm sorry, I'm sorry!
- 1450. Really, jerk?
- 1451. You know what this is worth?
$3,000, you idiot!
- 1452. That's a lot!
- 1453. Is that changing a lot?
- 1454. If you leave, everyone
will remember you, and this day,
- 1455. but if you get married,
- 1456. every day you'll remember
you already had the answer
- 1457. and you took the easy road
out of fear.
- 1458. Your answer is here.
- 1459. Mariana, "all is well".
- 1460. - All is well.
- All is well.
- 1461. - Yes.
- 1462. - Okay.
- Okay, what do we do?
- 1463. - Is she okay?
- Yes, she's okay.
- 1464. Come on, Mariana!
- 1465. - Come, Mariana! I'll catch you!
- 1466. That's it. Be careful.
- 1467. Just get a good hold there!
- 1468. Careful, Mariana!
- 1469. - Almost, almost!
- Come on! I'll catch you!
- 1470. - We'll catch you!
- It's my shoulders!
- 1471. Hey! What are you doing?
- 1472. - Ouch! Mariana!
- It's okay, it's okay.
- 1473. - Let's get out of here!
- Where are you going, Mariana?
- 1474. Come on! Let's go!
- 1475. Come!
- 1476. This way, Mariana!
- 1477. No, no, no, no!
- 1478. Pedro! Help me, Pedro!
- 1479. - This is it?
- Let's go!
- 1480. Help me!
- 1481. Father-in-law, help me!
- 1482. - What's the matter?
- Help me!
- 1483. They found Pancho, Dad.
- 1484. What? Leave the baby,
get In the car!
- 1485. Follow me! Quick!
- 1486. This can't be happening!
Twice in my life! I can't believe it!
- 1487. Dad!
- 1488. Please stop hitting me!
- 1489. - What's Isidoro doing here?
- He knows where Pancho Is.
- 1490. There's one thing, Mariana,
- 1491. - we don't know Pancho's status.
- 1492. - If he's married or not, for example.
- 1493. - He won't be married.
- What if he is?
- 1494. Don't worry, we'll go back
to your wedding and that's it.
- 1495. - You morons!
- 1496. He won't be married, I promise!
He won't be married.
- 1497. - Hurry!
- I'm going as fast as I can!
- 1498. Hurry, Dad, we can't lose them!
- 1499. You're so stupid!
You were ready to get married,
- 1500. but you'd rather live in poverty,
with Pancho, milking cows.
- 1501. Shut up or I'll bury this ring
In your balls!
- 1502. Go faster!
- 1503. - Oof!
- Good Lord!
- 1504. - Looks like it's here.
- 1505. - We're here?
- Looks like.
- 1506. Here are your keys!
- 1507. It's coming, it's coming
- 1508. The sowing, the sowing
- 1509. It's coming, it's coming
- 1510. The sowing, the sowing.
- 1511. All right, all right!
Let's talk about the seeds, okay?
- 1512. All right, okay...
- 1513. The seeds face the sun.
- 1514. All right, now...
- 1515. The magnets.
- 1516. Now, tum the cell phones on.
- 1517. - They work?
- They work!
- 1518. Very good, kids.
- 1519. - Very good. Wi-Fi...
- Who are they?
- 1520. - What are you doing here?
- We're looking for Pancho.
- 1521. I knew this day would come!
- 1522. - You mean Poncho.
- No, Pancho.
- 1523. No, Poncho. Alfonso Perez.
- 1524. I knew it, he'll love it!
- 1525. Come, come with me. Wow!
- 1526. But...
- 1527. Walt for me. Poncho has bought
all your photography books, Beto.
- 1528. We took the children to visit
the bridge you built, Felipe.
- 1529. - Where is he?
- This way! This way!
- 1530. - But where?
- You came from a party?
- 1531. - Yes.
- He must be with the robotics guys.
- 1532. There he is, with the robotics kids.
- 1533. There it is. There it is.
- 1534. Let's see it.
- 1535. Great, kids!
- 1536. Go on.
- 1537. Kids, you're all geniuses!
- 1538. Pancho?
- 1539. Oh!
- 1540. All this time...
- 1541. All this time...
You never said goodbye.
- 1542. Are these your kids?
- 1543. Mm-mm.
- 1544. Are you married?
- 1545. - No, you?
- 1546. I ran away.
Do you want me to go back?
- 1547. You mean you only disappeared
because of a name?
- 1548. - You know how long we looked for you?
- 1549. - You don't?
- A lot! A lot!
- 1550. - A long time!
- Come here!
- 1551. Idiots!
- 1552. Look!
- 1553. - Isidoro?
- From engineer to nanny.
- 1554. Like a pedophile Peter Pan,
surrounded by children in a ranch.
- 1555. Five years, like I told you.
- 1556. With a huge bank account
and an appointment at 9:00
- 1557. with the president of Teltech
for a merger.
- 1558. Huh?
- 1559. It means to get together,
so your Totonacan friend can understand.
- 1560. Wait a second.
- 1561. Oh, It's Teltech.
- 1562. Engineer Velasco.
- 1563. - Yes.
- How are you?
- 1564. Everything's ready for our dinner.
- 1565. Just a question, out of protocol.
- 1566. Of course, of course.
- 1567. How does it feel to have
your scrotum electrocuted?
- 1568. Here is the president of Teltech.
- 1569. Come now, Isidoro, all is well.
- 1570. I've waited for this moment
for a long time.
- 1571. Not content with ruining one,
- 1572. you ruined the weddings
of my two daughters,
- 1573. but I don't hold a grudge.
- 1574. I have learned that our personal
fears must stay in the past.
- 1575. - Oh!
- 1576. I've been wanting to thank you
for a long time.
- 1577. Thank you.
- 1578. Sir,
- 1579. I apologize in advance.
- 1580. Bravo!
- 1581. - Whistling and clapping, please.
- You hush! No one stop me! No one!
- 1582. In addition to being
the president of Teltech,
- 1583. Pancho invested his money
in his own hometown,
- 1584. in children curious to learn,
- 1585. and his inventions were changing
the whole region.
- 1586. The meaning? Anyone?
- 1587. I want you to go back
30 seconds in your lives.
- 1588. How did you feel? Nervous?
- 1589. Curious?
- 1590. But what do those words mean?
- 1591. It's the name
of an extraordinary student,
- 1592. who made me learn that not only
do I come here to teach,
- 1593. but also to learn from all of you.
- 1594. Let's welcome our recent graduate,
- 1595. the engineer Pancho-
- 1596. - Thank you.
- Mr. Engineer.
- 1597. Thank you, Professor.
- 1598. Three things.
- 1599. One, follow your passion.
- 1600. Two, question your teachers.
- 1601. - And three...
- 1602. And three,
- 1603. be happy.
- 1604. Live for today.
- 1605. Bravo!
- 1606. THE REAL ROBOTIX CHILDREN...
- 1607. Demian and Esteban are
students at ROBOTIX,
- 1608. created by Roberto Saint Martin,
- 1609. where robotics experts
help children develop these abilities.
- 1610. The model is taught throughout Mexico
- 1611. and has expanded
to Latin America and the US.
- 1612. In 2014, the "Robotix children"
- 1613. won 1st and 2nd place In NASA's
International Air and Space Program.
- 1614. In 2016 they were also acknowledged
at the World Robot Olympiad, India.
- 1615. And, in Mexico, there are many others
who have dared to be an "Idiot"...
- 1616. Yuvia Lopez, Valeria Sanchez,
Andrea Garcia and Monica Lopez
- 1617. created PROTRASH, where they
help 37 million Mexicans
- 1618. who live in overpopulated urban areas.
- 1619. Innovating in the struggle
- 1620. they exchange trash for incentives:
1 kg of trash for 1 kg of food.
- 1621. Fernando Mier-Hicks, a 27-year-old
- 1622. designed a technology that simulates
the conditions in space
- 1623. to test nanosatellites.
A constellation of these devices
- 1624. could take the Internet
to the whole world.
- 1625. Approximately 50% of the crops
for human consumption
- 1626. go to waste every year.
- 1627. Enrique Gonzalez and Flavio Siller
created GENIUS FOODS,
- 1628. turning this waste into natural nutrients
- 1629. that improve the quality
of processed food.
- 1630. Fernando Ortiz Monasterio is a Mexican
architect, founder of VERDEVERTICAL,
- 1631. a project that intends to improve
- 1632. the quality of life
and the urban landscape.
- 1633. He covers concrete surfaces with plants
- 1634. in one of the most populated cities
in the world: Mexico City.
- 1635. If you follow your destiny
- 1636. And don't leave the path
- 1637. If you have a motive
- 1638. And you don't give up
- 1639. All is well, all is well
- 1640. All is well, all is well
- 1641. All is well, all is well
- 1642. All is well, all is well
- 1643. If you trust in your talent
- 1644. This is your best moment
- 1645. Make your heart pay attention
- 1646. You're free as the wind
- 1647. You'll make it on your own
- 1648. All is well, all is well
- 1649. All is well, all is well
- 1650. All is well, all is well
- 1651. All is well, all is well
- 1652. All is well, all is well
- 1653. All is well, all is well
- 1654. All is well, all is well
- 1655. All is well, all is well.
- 1656. Thank you, India, for inspiring
us with this story.
- 1657. NAMASTE!