- 1. Michelle,
please don't hang up.
- 2. Just talk to me, okay?
I can't believe you just left.
- 3. Michelle.
- 4. Come back.
- 5. Please say something.
- 6. Michelle, talk to me.
- 7. Look, we had an argument.
- 8. That is no reason
to just leave everything behind.
- 9. Running away isn't gonna help it any.
- 10. More details on that.
- 11. Elsewhere today,
power has still not been restored
- 12. to many cities on the southern seaboard
- 13. in the wake of
this afternoon's widespread blackout.
- 14. While there had been
some inclement weather in the region,
- 15. the problem seems linked to
what authorities are calling
- 16. a catastrophic power surge
that has crippled traffic in the area.
- 17. No.
- 18. No!
- 19. Damn.
- 20. Okay. Okay, please.
- 21. Please.
- 22. Please don't hurt me.
- 23. Please.
- 24. Just let me go, okay?
I won't tell anybody.
- 25. I promise, okay?
Please just let me go. Please.
- 26. You need fluids.
You were in shock.
- 27. What are you going to do to me?
- 28. I'm going to keep you alive.
- 29. Work on getting handy with these.
- 30. My boyfriend was expecting me.
- 31. He'll send the cops looking.
- 32. I'm sorry.
- 33. But no one is looking for you.
- 34. You've got some fight in you.
- 35. I can respect that.
- 36. But don't even think
about trying that again.
- 37. You're lucky to be here at all.
- 38. And my generosity only extends so far.
- 39. Eggs.
- 40. Toradol to help with your pain.
- 41. Please.
- 42. Please, just let me go. Please.
- 43. There is nowhere to go, Michelle.
- 44. I looked through your wallet.
- 45. Given as how I saved your life,
I think that's acceptable.
- 46. You're lucky to be here at all.
- 47. What do you mean?
- 48. I found you, and I saved your life
by bringing you here.
- 49. I don't understand. I...
- 50. There's been an attack.
- 51. What?
- 52. An attack. A big one.
- 53. I'm not sure yet
if it's chemical or nuclear,
- 54. but down here, we're safe.
- 55. - And where are we exactly?
- Underneath my farmhouse.
- 56. Forty miles outside of Lake Charles.
- 57. I was driving north of here.
- 58. You were in an accident.
- 59. You were turned over
on the side of the road.
- 60. I was driving by and I saw...
- 61. I saved your life, Michelle.
- 62. I couldn't just leave you there.
- 63. Okay.
- 64. Well,
- 65. thank you so much
- 66. for saving my life.
- 67. I guess I should go to a hospital now.
- 68. You can't leave.
- 69. An attack means fallout.
- 70. Which contaminates
the air above ground.
- 71. That's how it works.
- 72. How long do we have to wait
until it's safe?
- 73. Depends on the proximity
of the closest blast.
- 74. One year, maybe two.
- 75. And that's if we're talking
about weapons that we know of.
- 76. Russians are developing
some nasty stuff.
- 77. And if the Martians
finally figured out a way to get here,
- 78. their weapons will make
the Russkies' look like sticks and stones.
- 79. Luckily,
- 80. I've prepared for this.
- 81. Right.
- 82. Well, I'll need to use your phone then
- 83. to call my family
and tell them that I'm safe here
- 84. and make sure they're okay.
- 85. Michelle, they're not okay.
- 86. How do you know that?
- 87. Everyone outside of here is dead.
- 88. But what about you?
Don't you have a family?
- 89. Who's that?
- 90. Excuse me.
- 91. What did you do?
- 92. You know what, Michelle?
I'm gonna tell you what I told him.
- 93. You need to eat, you need to sleep,
- 94. and you need to start
showing me a little bit of appreciation.
- 95. My name is Howard, by the way.
- 96. Oh, God! Oh, shit.
- 97. I'm sorry.
- 98. I'm sorry about that.
- 99. Uh, I didn't mean to scare you.
- 100. Are you, um...
- 101. Here. You hungry?
- 102. So, how are you doing? You okay?
- 103. - What is this?
- It's a bunker.
- 104. Your room's a little bit of a fixer-upper,
but at least you got a door.
- 105. A scary door, but you still got a door.
- 106. How long have you been down here?
- 107. Couple of days, I think.
- 108. You know,
it's actually kind of hard to tell
- 109. with no windows or sunlight
- 110. I mean,
how do we get out of here?
- 111. Oh, he didn't tell you?
- 112. About...
- 113. Getting out of here
is the last thing you want to do.
- 114. Because the air up there,
- 115. it's contaminated.
- 116. I see you've met Emmett.
- 117. What happened to him?
- 118. He did that to himself.
- 119. And his stumbling around
isn't helping anything.
- 120. What you heard earlier,
- 121. was him knocking over a shelf
with a whole week's worth of food,
- 122. which he's sorry for, correct?
- 123. Totally.
- 124. Let's go. Bathroom time.
- 125. This is the common area.
- 126. Good for R & R.
- 127. As you can see,
I've planned for a long stay.
- 128. The aquaponics system
cleans the air and keeps it fresh.
- 129. This is the living room.
Help yourself to any reading.
- 130. If you like to watch films,
I have some on DVD and VHS cassette.
- 131. Just make sure you put them back
in their sleeve when they're done.
- 132. The kitchen's fully functional.
- 133. Has an electric stove,
refrigerator, freezer, silverware.
- 134. And that table's a family heirloom,
- 135. which means watch your glasses.
- 136. Always use coasters and placemats.
- 137. Keep your hands to yourself!
- 138. Understand?
- 139. No touching.
- 140. Take a seat.
- 141. This way.
- 142. This is my private space.
- 143. Off-limits, unless
I give express permission.
- 144. Go ahead.
- 145. - I don't need to.
- You will, though.
- 146. And I've got to pace
these things out, so please.
- 147. I need privacy.
- 148. You're welcome to close the curtain.
- 149. I can't with you standing there.
- 150. And I can't trust you
not to burn this place down.
- 151. This is for my own safety.
- 152. I'm not some pervert! Just go.
- 153. Don't flush
unless you've gone!
- 154. We can't afford wasted flushes.
- 155. Take a seat. Are you hungry?
- 156. Those are Megan's.
- 157. She never went anywhere
without two or three of those things.
- 158. Who's Megan?
- 159. Megan's not with us anymore.
- 160. Don't worry. Just the generator.
- 161. Maybe it's a car outside.
- 162. That's not possible.
- 163. I heard one earlier. Above my room.
- 164. If you had heard a car,
the driver would be long dead by now.
- 165. Well, shouldn't we at least try
- 166. to call the police or someone
to find out what actually happened?
- 167. There's no one left to call.
- 168. See that? Nothing's coming through.
- 169. You think I sound crazy.
- 170. I mean, it's amazing. You people...
- 171. You wear helmets
when you ride your bikes.
- 172. You have seat belts in your cars.
- 173. You have alarm systems
to protect your homes.
- 174. But what do you do
when those alarms go off?
- 175. "Crazy" is building your ark
after the flood has already come!
- 176. I think maybe it's time
you met Frank and Mildred.
- 177. Closest I could get to an airlock.
- 178. See?
- 179. What happened to them?
- 180. They weren't as lucky as you.
- 181. It's the air, Michelle.
- 182. That's what happens
when you get exposed.
- 183. I keep this door sealed at all times.
- 184. No one comes in or out.
- 185. Met Frank and Mildred, huh?
- 186. It's funny, right?
- 187. The whole world ends
- 188. and the thing he's most upset about
is a pair of dead pigs?
- 189. You in need of some reading material?
- 190. I took all the quizzes. Sorry.
- 191. But I did learn
how to do a French braid, so,
- 192. you know, if you want me
to do that for you, just let me know.
- 193. What do you know about him?
- 194. He was in the Navy, I know that.
- 195. I guess he did, uh,
some stuff with satellites.
- 196. What kind of stuff?
- 197. Satellite stuff.
- 198. Well, what brought him out here?
- 199. I'm not sure.
- 200. He bought this property a while back.
- 201. But I never paid much attention
- 202. till he hired me to help him
get this place set up.
- 203. The work was entertaining, though,
that's for sure.
- 204. You know, Howard's like a black belt
in conspiracy theory.
- 205. Plus, you know, how often
do you get hired to help build
- 206. a doomsday bunker?
- 207. So, he didn't
- 208. kidnap you?
- 209. No!
- 210. What about your arm?
Weren't you trying to escape?
- 211. I was trying to get in.
- 212. I watched Howard build this place,
piece by piece, for years.
- 213. He was always talking about,
- 214. you know, possible attacks from
- 215. Al Qaeda, Russia, South Korea.
- 216. You mean North Korea.
- 217. Is that the crazy one?
- 218. So, yeah, that one.
- 219. And, uh, you know,
poured all his money into this place.
- 220. Took to it like his life depended on it.
- 221. Which, you know,
- 222. that stays with you.
- 223. So...
- 224. He told you all this
- 225. while you're building his bomb shelter.
- 226. And now he says that
- 227. the air is contaminated
and everybody's dead.
- 228. Yeah, I know what you're getting at,
but there's more to it.
- 229. Howard abducted me.
- 230. He drove me off the road
and he dragged me here.
- 231. So, whatever he's telling you
about the air, some big attack,
- 232. the purpose of this shelter, is a lie.
- 233. No. No way.
- 234. The attack, I saw it myself.
- 235. What do you mean?
- 236. I was on my way home from work.
- 237. And it looked like a flash.
- 238. Bright red.
- 239. Like an explosion, from way far off.
- 240. It wasn't like fireworks.
- 241. Naw, this was more like
something you'd read about in the Bible.
- 242. So, what, you saw, what,
a flash of light? Lightning?
- 243. A fire that flared up?
- 244. I'm not explaining it right.
- 245. This wasn't like anything I'd ever seen.
- 246. And so, my first thought
was to come here.
- 247. And when I got here,
Howard was closing the door.
- 248. And I could see it,
right there on his face,
- 249. he knew something was happening.
- 250. Something bad.
- 251. And so, I fought my way in.
- 252. I heard a car.
- 253. Right here. Above us.
- 254. You heard someone?
- 255. Right above us.
- 256. That isn't possible.
- 257. - The air is...
- What, contaminated?
- 258. - How do you know that?
- Because I told him.
- 259. Dinner's ready.
- 260. I see you two are getting along.
- 261. Hmm.
- 262. How's that sauce?
- 263. It's fine.
- 264. As cooks go, I'm okay.
- 265. Not great, but okay.
- 266. Megan was a good cook.
- 267. You'll learn to love cooking.
- 268. Mmm...
- 269. Mmm.
- 270. It's delicious.
- 271. That's the best sauce I've ever tasted.
- 272. Are you being funny?
- 273. No, I mean,
- 274. considering the alternative,
which is, you know,
- 275. getting burnt up in a chemical attack,
- 276. I'd say being alive and down here would
- 277. make a fried turd taste pretty good, so...
- 278. Best damn sauce I ever had.
- 279. That's not a bad point.
- 280. And, please,
watch your language at table.
- 281. Right?
- 282. You know what I haven't been able to
get out of my head, for some reason?
- 283. Ever since I got down here.
- 284. Tattoos.
- 285. Always wanted one.
- 286. But I never got any.
'Cause everybody always said,
- 287. "No, no, Emmett, you'll never get
a decent job if you do that."
- 288. Whatever.
- 289. Like that matters now, right?
- 290. T ell you what,
if I had known this was coming,
- 291. I would've gotten, like,
50 of them. I swear, man.
- 292. I would look like a circus freak,
- 293. I'd just be covered head to toe.
- 294. Tattoos all over my...
You know, everywhere. Face?
- 295. Sure. Right there. Across my forehead.
- 296. Just my name. "Emmett."
- 297. Or, you know,
- 298. "Thug Life."
- 299. "YOLO."
- 300. I don't even know what that means,
- 301. but, you know,
I hear people saying it all the time,
- 302. so, it must be cool.
- 303. Hey, what about you, Howard?
- 304. Anything you wish you'd done?
- 305. In all honesty, no.
- 306. No?
- 307. No crazy nights in Vegas?
- 308. Maybe, uh, take a pilgrimage to Waco?
- 309. Everything I wanted to do, I did.
- 310. I focused on being prepared.
- 311. And I was.
- 312. And here we are.
- 313. Oh, my goodness.
- 314. Is that Monopoly?
- 315. There we go!
- 316. Yeah, that's how we kill the time.
- 317. What would you say, Howard,
we're gonna be down here,
- 318. what, like, a year? Two? Maybe?
- 319. I bet you if we started a game right now,
- 320. we might even
get halfway finished by the time...
- 321. Stop talking!
- 322. You don't need to make jokes about
how long we're going to be down here
- 323. when nobody knows
how long that's going to be.
- 324. Your humor is not funny.
- 325. I don't appreciate it
while I'm trying to eat,
- 326. and neither does Michelle.
- 327. Now, please shut up
and let us eat in peace.
- 328. Hmm.
- 329. Emmett?
- 330. Would you pass me a napkin?
- 331. Thank you.
- 332. I know what you're saying.
I never could finish Monopoly.
- 333. That game really
does take forever, right?
- 334. For me, though, it was, um...
- 335. Chutes and Ladders,
- 336. uh...
- 337. Sorry!
- 338. and Trouble.
- 339. You know, the thing with the dice
and the thing that you pressed,
- 340. - what was that called?
- 341. Pop-O-Matic bubble! Yeah.
- 342. Did you ever play that, um...
What was that, Operation?
- 343. - Loved Operation!
- I'm telling you, man,
- 344. I couldn't play that game.
- 345. - It terrified me.
- 346. That noise that thing would make
when you hit that edge. I mean...
- 347. - Good Lord!
- It was pretty scary.
- 348. Could you hand me the salt?
- 349. Please?
- 350. Ah, shoot! I'm sorry.
- 351. I'm gonna need the pepper also.
- 352. What exactly do you think you're doing?
- 353. I'm asking for pepper.
- 354. Like hell you were! What was that?
- 355. I don't know what you're
talking about, Howard.
- 356. Are you trying to insult me?
- 357. Here, in the shelter that I built
that's keeping you alive?
- 358. You don't think I see what you just did?
- 359. Is that how you thank me
for saving your life?
- 360. - Howard, calm down.
- Shut up!
- 361. Shut up and stay in your seat!
- 362. Is it?
- 363. Now, let me tell you,
- 364. I know what a traitor looks like.
- 365. Understand?
- 366. I have shown you nothing,
but generosity and hospitality.
- 367. I want you to apologize.
- 368. To tell me you're going to behave.
- 369. I will.
- 370. You will what?
- 371. I'll behave.
- 372. And I'm so sorry.
- 373. Sit.
- 374. Ah...
- 375. Have to stay hydrated.
- 376. Hmm.
- 377. That's easy to forget down here.
- 378. What's wrong?
- 379. Nothing.
- 380. Where are my keys?
- 381. Michelle!
- 382. Michelle! Stop!
- 383. Give me those keys!
- 384. - Come on.
- No! Don't!
- 385. Stop!
- 386. No! No, don't! Don't!
- 387. Don't open that door!
- 388. There's a car!
- 389. - There's a car! I see a car!
- 390. Here! Here! Here!
- 391. Michelle,
listen to me, don't do this!
- 392. Oh, God! Thank God!
- 393. - There's a woman.
- Open the door!
- 394. It's okay.
I just want to come inside.
- 395. She looks hurt.
She wants me to let her in.
- 396. Do not let her in!
- 397. - Look at her face, Michelle!
- 398. No, no, no!
- 399. No!
- 400. Oh, my God, I'm fine. I really am fine.
- 401. - No, please, I'm okay.
- 402. It really only...
It only touched me a little. A little!
- 403. So, could you open the door? Open it!
- 404. - She's begging me.
- You can't help her!
- 405. No one can!
- 406. Let me in. I'll be okay.
- 407. I'll be okay.
It really hardly touched me at all.
- 408. - Open the door!
- Don't listen to her!
- 409. God! Open the door, you bitch!
- 410. Let me in!
- 411. Let me in! Let me in!
- 412. Let me in! Let me in!
- 413. You!
- 414. You! You! You!
- 415. You!
- 416. I know it's hard,
- 417. realizing they're all gone.
- 418. The ones you love.
- 419. I have something to confess to you.
- 420. I crashed into your car.
- 421. Your accident
- 422. was my fault.
- 423. When I found out about
the incoming attack,
- 424. I got frantic.
- 425. I knew I needed to get back here
as soon as possible,
- 426. so I was driving like a maniac.
- 427. I tried to pass you,
- 428. and
- 429. I'm the reason you went off the road.
- 430. I mean, I know I seem
like a sensible guy,
- 431. but at the time, I wasn't myself.
- 432. It was an accident, but it was my fault.
- 433. I was afraid to tell you,
- 434. and,
- 435. I'm sorry.
- 436. Um...
- 437. You should shower.
- 438. Even the smallest amount of air
- 439. that came through the hinges
could be toxic.
- 440. These were Megan's.
- 441. If you want.
- 442. I recognized that woman's car.
- 443. Her name was Leslie, I think.
- 444. You knew her?
- 445. She was a neighbor.
- 446. Emmett wasn't the only one
who knew about this place.
- 447. If any others somehow survived,
they could be coming here, too.
- 448. As of Friday, kindness and generosity
are antiquated customs.
- 449. I'm going to need some stitches.
- 450. What? You want me to...
- 451. This is your doing, isn't it?
- 452. I mean, I don't think I'm really qualified.
- 453. I'll walk you through it.
- 454. Here.
- 455. Have a drink.
- 456. What is it?
- 457. Technically, it's vodka.
- 458. Ah! It's safe. I distilled it myself.
- 459. I just said I distilled it,
- 460. I didn't say anything about it
actually tasting good.
- 461. - Yeah, that's awful.
- You want it on the rocks?
- 462. Little trick I taught myself
as a young man
- 463. stationed on a ship
with way too much free time.
- 464. Every now and again,
if the C.O. was working us too hard,
- 465. we'd freeze and snap the knob off
- 466. the bathroom door
while he was still inside.
- 467. It usually took him an hour or two
to get out.
- 468. - I'm good.
- Suit yourself. Cheers.
- 469. Ah...
- 470. This is clean.
- 471. All you need to do is stitch.
- 472. You're doing fine.
- 473. Some stuff
I grabbed from your car.
- 474. I didn't have time
to bring in the booze. Sadly.
- 475. What is all that?
- 476. I wanted to design clothes.
- 477. No wonder you were so good
with the stitches.
- 478. Megan wanted to be an artist.
- 479. She was your daughter?
- 480. Yes.
- 481. She was smart.
- 482. Loved to read.
The magazines were just for fun.
- 483. She inhaled books. Anything with Paris.
- 484. She liked their movies,
their culture, you know.
- 485. We used to have this little joke.
- 486. Every once in a while I'd ask her,
- 487. "What do you want to be
when you grow up?"
- 488. You know what she'd say?
- 489. "French."
- 490. Anyway, her mother
turned her against me.
- 491. Took her off to Chicago.
- 492. People are strange creatures.
- 493. You can't always convince them
that safety is in their own best interest.
- 494. You don't know they're gone.
- 495. Anyway, at least I tried to help them.
- 496. Hey.
- 497. There was nothing
you could've done for that woman.
- 498. Even if you let her in,
she still would've died.
- 499. You asked earlier about regrets?
- 500. Yeah, I've got some of those.
- 501. Welcome to the club.
- 502. I mean,
I lived my life in a 40-mile radius.
- 503. And that was by design.
I made sure that happened.
- 504. I was so fast in high school,
- 505. I even managed to outrun
my bad grades.
- 506. I was All-State track three years in a row.
- 507. Caught a full ride to Louisiana Tech,
up there in Ruston.
- 508. I remember I spent
the last two weeks of that summer
- 509. showing off the bus ticket they sent me
to anybody who'd take a look at it.
- 510. And then came the night before
I was supposed to leave.
- 511. And I just got so worried
- 512. about how bad I was gonna do up there
- 513. with all those smart kids.
- 514. So, I went out of my way
- 515. to get just piss-wasted so bad
- 516. that I knew there was no chance
I was waking up in the morning.
- 517. So, I missed the bus.
- 518. And I didn't buy a ticket for the next one.
- 519. Or the one after that.
- 520. Well, if you'd gone,
you might be dead now.
- 521. Yeah, lucky me, right?
- 522. Lucky us.
- 523. A few years ago,
- 524. I was at a hardware store.
- 525. And there was this little
girl with her dad.
- 526. And he was in a hurry,
and she wasn't keeping up.
- 527. So, he kept
- 528. yanking on her arm.
- 529. But really hard, you know?
- 530. Too hard.
- 531. I know that feeling.
- 532. When my dad got that way,
- 533. my brother Colin was always there
to take the worst of it
- 534. for me.
- 535. And I thought, seeing this little girl,
- 536. I thought maybe I could do that
- 537. for her.
- 538. But I just kept watching.
- 539. And they're about to leave,
and I've done nothing.
- 540. And she slips.
- 541. And it throws him off-balance,
and he hits her.
- 542. And I wanted so badly to do something
- 543. to help her, but...
- 544. I did what I always do
when things get hard.
- 545. I just panicked and ran.
- 546. Look, we're here.
- 547. We're alive.
- 548. And that means something.
- 549. It's gotta.
- 550. - You've got to be kidding me.
- 551. We're missing pieces here.
- 552. Look at this poor cat.
He's been deformed. He's got one eye.
- 553. He's about to go snorkeling
and everything, too.
- 554. What are you doing?
- 555. Ooh!
- 556. Cornering the market on
post-apocalyptic fashion, huh?
- 557. Mmm-hmm.
- 558. You need more axes and chain saws.
- 559. For what? She has a shotgun.
- 560. Yeah. But what if up there it's like...
- 561. What? Lumberjacks?
- 562. Zombies.
- 563. Though even Howard doesn't think
that one's plausible.
- 564. But you should hear his theory
about mutant space worms.
- 565. What is that? Howard!
- 566. Stay calm. We're okay.
- 567. - What was that?
- 568. That sounds like helicopters.
- 569. Could be military.
- 570. But not ours.
- 571. - How can you tell?
- Fourteen years in the Navy.
- 572. What's happening up there?
- 573. My guess?
- 574. Those flashes that kicked this all off?
- 575. That was phase one.
- 576. Take out your opponent's
- 577. with big hits, all at once, fast.
- 578. And then for round two,
- 579. ground sweeps.
- 580. A satellite log showed an increase
in coded traffic recently.
- 581. Possibly extraterrestrial signals.
- 582. I bet what we just heard
were airborne patrols
- 583. sent to hunt down
the remaining signs of life.
- 584. Like us.
- 585. Okay. Oh, boy.
- 586. That's bad.
- 587. And that's worse.
- 588. What's up there?
- 589. Air filtration system.
- 590. I can't...
- 591. Something blocking the hatch.
- 592. If we can't get it back on, we're gonna
run out of breathable air fast.
- 593. You're the only one
small enough to reach it.
- 594. Reach what?
- 595. The filtration system.
Through there, the main duct.
- 596. Someone needs to get in there
and restart it.
- 597. Give me a hand.
- 598. Let me go. She's not gonna
know her way around the unit.
- 599. You won't fit. Plus your arm.
She'll be fine.
- 600. Now, to restart the unit,
you just swing the handle off,
- 601. then on, off, then on.
- 602. That should do it.
- 603. And neither of us will be able to go in
and help you if you get stuck.
- 604. Don't get stuck.
- 605. Michelle!
- 606. Everything okay up there?
- 607. It looks like a dead end.
- 608. That's the incline.
- 609. Climb up that and you're almost there.
- 610. Ah, this sucks.
- 611. What's wrong?
- 612. Howard.
- 613. He lied, he lied about Megan.
- 614. What do you mean?
- 615. I think he did something horrible to her.
- 616. No, his family moved
to Chicago years ago.
- 617. What's this?
- 618. Is that blood?
- 619. Here, come with me.
- 620. Wait, that... That's not Megan.
- 621. What do you mean?
- 622. Yeah. Her name is Brittany.
I remember her.
- 623. She went to high school
with my little sister.
- 624. She...
- 625. She went missing. Two years back.
- 626. It was on the news and everything.
- 627. Most people just thought
she skipped town.
- 628. There was a message up there.
- 629. It said "Help."
- 630. It was scratched
on the inside of the window.
- 631. And this earring...
- 632. This earring was with it.
- 633. Did she ever show back up
after she went missing?
- 634. He said to me... He said to my face,
that this was his daughter.
- 635. He said this was Megan.
- 636. He took her and he killed her.
- 637. All right, let's just think.
- 638. Maybe we take away his gun.
- 639. Tie him up, get him to confess
to whatever it is he's done.
- 640. Confess to who? The police?
- 641. Look, like I said,
we can't be the only survivors, right?
- 642. The woman,
she was able to get around, right?
- 643. At least a little.
- 644. Yeah, until she died.
- 645. Directly above us,
making choking noises.
- 646. Of all the people to save us...
- 647. Now, that was
a great example of teamwork.
- 648. Very well done. I feel like some music.
- 649. Problem solving always puts me
in a musical mood.
- 650. Michelle,
- 651. you should go shower, just in case.
- 652. Sure.
- 653. I think I might have an idea.
- 654. "Ten Better Ways to Style My Bangs"?
- 655. No, not the article. This.
- 656. I think I can only make one,
but it's a start.
- 657. No kidding.
- 658. What are you doing up?
I didn't wake you up yet.
- 659. Well, I'm fixing your breakfast.
- 660. One egg over medium.
- 661. Hey, Howard.
- 662. What is this?
You re-watching Sixteen Candles?
- 663. Pretty in Pink.
- 664. It was one of Megan's favorite movies.
Can I help you with something?
- 665. No.
- 666. No, I'm just grabbing some water.
- 667. Say, um...
- 668. You know, I was just thinking...
- 669. Not that I'm trying to tell you
how to run this place or anything.
- 670. I'm just a little curious.
- 671. Michelle...
- 672. Say, how close do you think she got
to that air filtration unit?
- 673. You think she touched it?
- 674. Yeah, I'm pretty sure she touched it.
- 675. Well, I know she cleaned up
after and everything,
- 676. but I'm just thinking,
- 677. given that unit filters
God knows what through from outside,
- 678. if she tracked anything back in with her,
it'd be pretty concentrated.
- 679. And, I mean, it could be
all over the shower and the sink
- 680. in your bathroom, right now.
- 681. Anyway, it's just a thought.
- 682. Not bad so far, partner.
- 683. If Howard finds this,
he's gonna kill us.
- 684. All right, so,
we get the gun away from him.
- 685. All right. We tie him up,
make sure he isn't going anywhere.
- 686. And then one of us just
- 687. goes out and looks for help.
- 688. Um...
- 689. First word.
- 690. Uh...
- 691. Tiny.
- 692. Small. Pygmy. Um...
- 693. - Little.
- Yep! Mmm-hmm.
- 694. All right, uh, second word.
- 695. Ooh! Michelle is a...
- 696. A girl.
- 697. A girl. A child. Um...
- 698. A girl.
- 699. No, she's older, see, so she is a...
- 700. "Little Princess"?
- 701. Um... No, it was woman.
- 702. Um, Little Women.
- 703. Wow. Little woman.
- 704. Next time,
try being a little more specific.
- 705. Let's see here.
- 706. I'm always watching.
- 707. Always.
- 708. Um...
- 709. God.
- 710. I go wherever I want.
- 711. Uh...
- 712. I mean... Well, I don't know.
- 713. I know what you're doing.
I see what you're doing.
- 714. Um...
- 715. I know what you're up to.
- 716. Look, Howard,
I don't know what you're getting at, but...
- 717. I see you when you're sleeping.
- 718. I know what you're doing,
and I'm always watching.
- 719. Always watching! I'm always watching!
- 720. Santa Claus!
- 721. You're Santa Claus.
- 722. Yeah, Michelle, that's great.
- 723. Except it was Emmett's turn.
- 724. Sorry, I just got a little excited.
- 725. Yeah, well, I'm keeping that point.
- 726. Totally. You earned it.
- 727. Emmett?
- 728. Hey.
- 729. I need your help with something.
- 730. Sure.
- 731. You.
- 732. On deck.
- 733. What is this?
- 734. The barrel.
- 735. What's in it?
- 736. Move it into the bathroom.
- 737. This is perchloric acid.
- 738. Do either of you know what that is?
- 739. It's usually produced as a precursor
to ammonium perchlorate,
- 740. a fuel
- 741. used for launching
naval satellites into orbit.
- 742. It's highly corrosive.
- 743. Dissolves most biological
material on contact.
- 744. With humans, right down to the bone.
- 745. Hey, Howard, uh,
what are you showing this to us for?
- 746. You think I'm an idiot?
- 747. Uh...
- 748. Howard, please,
you're gonna have to tell us
- 749. what it is that you're talking about.
- 750. I'm talking about
getting rid of some waste.
- 751. Tell me what you two
were doing with these.
- 752. You tell me what you two
were planning, right now!
- 753. Howard, listen, just take it easy.
Take it easy.
- 754. Howard, come on, please.
- 755. No. I'm giving you one chance.
- 756. Hey.
- 757. Howard, just calm down.
- 758. One chance to answer
with some dignity, or I swear to God,
- 759. you're going into this barrel
while you're alive to feel it.
- 760. It was me.
- 761. All right? Not her. It's just me.
- 762. - No, no, no, we...
- Stay out of this, all right?
- 763. She doesn't have a clue
what you're talking about.
- 764. I wanted your gun.
- 765. And so, I was thinking
about making a weapon
- 766. to get it from you.
- 767. I want her to respect me
the way that she respects you.
- 768. I'm not saying that I was right, okay?
- 769. And I'm sorry.
- 770. You're sorry?
- 771. I'm sorry.
- 772. I accept your apology.
- 773. Listen to me.
You heard him. You heard him.
- 774. He was making a weapon.
He was gonna hurt us.
- 775. He was gonna hurt you. And it's okay.
- 776. This was the way
it was always supposed to be.
- 777. You're safe.
- 778. Now it's just you and me.
- 779. It's okay, you know.
- 780. You should go to your room now.
- 781. This next part isn't something
you need to see.
- 782. Okay.
- 783. Go on.
- 784. Michelle?
- 785. Hey.
- 786. I thought we'd change things up tonight
- 787. and have dessert before dinner.
- 788. After all,
we can do whatever we want now.
- 789. Would you like a cone or a bowl?
- 790. Megan always wanted hers in a bowl.
- 791. She said the cones were too messy.
- 792. I know that this isn't
the life you'd prefer,
- 793. that it isn't easy for
you living down here,
- 794. but I want us to be a happy family.
- 795. You and me.
- 796. The mess is all taken care of.
- 797. So, just hang loose
and I'll go get dinner started.
- 798. Michelle?
- 799. Everything all right?
- 800. Yeah, I was just about
to do some reading.
- 801. Hmm.
- 802. It's time to set the table.
- 803. Supper's ready.
- 804. Yeah.
- 805. Okay.
- 806. It keeps doing that.
I don't know why.
- 807. Michelle, why is this loose?
- 808. - Get up.
- 809. Get off the mattress now!
- 810. Oh, shit!
- 811. Michelle!
- 812. Stop! Goddamn it, get back here!
- 813. You gonna walk out on me?
- 814. After I saved you and kept you safe,
this is how you repay me.
- 815. No.
- 816. This is.
- 817. Michelle!
- 818. Stop!
- 819. You don't know what's out there.
- 820. You can't run from them!
- 821. Stay with me!
- 822. Let me go!
- 823. Oh, come on.
- 824. Keys, keys, keys.
- 825. Come on, damn it!
- 826. Come on. Come on.
- 827. Help! I'm out here! Help!
- 828. Oh, God.
- 829. Oh, fuck.
- 830. The military
has taken back the southern seaboard.
- 831. If you are hearing this
and aren't in a safe zone,
- 832. head north of Baton Rouge.
- 833. But if you have any medical training
or combat experience,
- 834. we need help.
- 835. There are people in Houston.
- 836. There are survivors at Mercy Hospital.
- 837. Please help.
- 838. Repeat. There are people in Houston
who need our help.
- 839. Come join us.
- 840. We've taken back
the southern seaboard.
- 841. And we're winning.
- 842. But if you have any medical training
or combat experience,
- 843. there are survivors...