- 1. Huh?
- 2. Oh, whew.
- 3. It was just a dream.
- 4. Boy, that was scary.
- 5. Father had been killed.
- 6. I wandered across battlefields
fighting men who were like monsters.
- 7. And in the end, I became a slave.
- 8. I'm glad I'm here.
- 9. It's so peaceful.
- 10. What's with this guy?
- 11. H-He's so persistent.
- 12. Stay down already!
- 13. Damn it.
- 14. What's wrong? I'll keep fighting.
- 15. Let's find out if we're beneath you or not!
- 16. I don't have time for this.
- 17. Aw, man. I've had enough.
- 18. You'd better prepare yourselves.
- 19. You slaves have got some serious punishment
waiting for you after going this wild.
- 20. We won.
- 21. Father!
- 22. Listen to this.
- 23. I just had a crazy dream.
- 24. A bunch of arrows came flying, and you—
- 25. I smell blood.
- 26. Huh?
- 27. Who did you kill...
- 28. with that knife?
- 29. What?
- 30. It was to protect you.
- 31. That strength was for protecting you.
- 32. I'm sorry, Thorfinn.
- 33. I still had things to tell you.
- 34. There was still so much
I needed to teach you.
- 35. No. Father...
- 36. I... This is...
- 37. I'm sorry...
- 38. I did this!
- 39. for leaving you alone.
- 40. Father, wait! Wait! Father!
- 41. You understand now.
- 42. You don't have any enemies.
- 43. Nobody has any enemies.
- 44. There's no one who it's okay to hurt.
- 45. There never was.
- 46. What is this place? Valhalla?
- 47. They're laughing...
- 48. Bjorn?
- 49. Still stuck up there, huh, Thorfinn?
- 50. Hey. It's been a while.
- 51. Askeladd...
- 52. You never learn, do you?
- 53. You're already back here again?
- 54. Is this Valhalla?
- 55. What? Valhalla?
- 56. You think this is the afterlife?
- 57. You can't be serious.
- 58. The afterlife is a much nicer place than this.
- 59. Look carefully.
- 60. This place is no different
from the world of the living.
- 61. It's where all the shit gets dumped...
- 62. Where all warriors wind up.
- 63. It's the purest form of war.
- 64. There is no victory. There is no end.
- 65. In this place, everyone besides
yourself is your enemy.
- 66. Everyone... is your enemy...
- 67. Do you remember, Thorfinn?
- 68. You used to live here with us.
- 69. But for better or for worse, you became empty.
- 70. That's why you were able
to escape this place.
- 71. I shouldn't be saying this as the man
who dragged you here, but you're lucky.
- 72. Not many men ever manage to escape.
- 73. Just look at Bjorn.
- 74. You were once filled with the idea of being
a warrior, but then you were emptied out.
- 75. What's inside you now?
- 76. I'm... still a warrior.
- 77. I struck someone in a fit of rage.
- 78. That's why I'm back here.
- 79. I still reside in this place.
- 80. My hands are about to give out, too.
- 81. I'm pathetic. I never grow.
- 82. Me, me, me.
- 83. Good grief. A little soul-searching is all well
and good, but try to keep your eyes open.
- 84. Something terrifying's
right beneath your feet.
- 85. You're kicking them? How cruel.
- 86. Shouldn't you lend an ear to their complaints?
- 87. Complaints?
- 88. That's right. Look closely.
- 89. I'm sure you recognize some of those faces.
- 90. They're all of the people you killed.
- 91. What?
- 92. I...
- 93. You... All of you...
- 94. I don't know who you are
or where you're from.
- 95. I can't remember where or when I killed you.
- 96. I'm sorry.
- 97. Unbelievable. What an uncouth lot.
- 98. Come on! You don't have time to cry.
- 99. You don't want to fall back
down here, do you?
- 100. Even if they're hanging off you, keep climbing!
- 101. Climb!
- 102. That's your battle.
- 103. Go!
- 104. Take the people you killed with you!
- 105. Fight your true battle!
- 106. Become a true warrior,
- 107. Thorfinn!
- 108. A dream?
- 109. A true...
- 110. Einar. Einar!
- 111. Hey! Are you alive?
- 112. Yeah.
- 113. We won the fight.
- 114. Man, we've hit rock bottom.
- 115. We're drowning in debt, our wheat
has been ruined, and I'm a mess.
- 116. On top of that, we'll be punished
for getting into that fight.
- 117. But seeing you punch
that guy sure was satisfying.
- 118. Ow...
- 119. What's wrong? Are you in pain, too?
- 120. Einar, I've used these hands
to kill so many people.
- 121. People no different from your family...
- 122. People whose names I didn't even know.
- 123. People who I bore no grudge against.
- 124. And today, I struck another person.
- 125. But it ends now.
- 126. I'll never hurt anyone again.
- 127. As of today, I'm swearing off violence.
- 128. I'm going to be reborn.
- 129. I need to be reborn and
start atoning for what I've done.
- 130. I'm going to fight my true battle.
- 131. I see. All right.
- 132. I don't really get it,
but I hear you loud and clear.
- 133. I'm going to be reborn.
- 134. They're not going to be punished?
- 135. Master, this matter concerns
order and discipline on the farm!
- 136. Pater found this on the
ravaged farm this morning.
- 137. By the way, Trygve,
where's that coat you always wear?
- 138. Huh? What? Uh...
- 139. The farm was ravaged by wild boars.
There was no fight.
- 140. That's the story we're going with. Got it?
- 141. Thank you, master.
- 142. You're a strong man, Pater.
- 143. You're not the slightest bit afraid of being
ostracized by the people you work with?
- 144. I've been through a lot.
- 145. After all, I used to be a slave.
- 146. Loosen up or you'll wear yourself out.
- 147. Let the weight of the hoe do the work.
- 148. Yes, sir.
- 149. "The Cursed Head."