- 1. Carve it.
- 2. Carve it into your flesh.
- 3. Carve it into the land.
- 4. Carve it into the sea.
- 5. Carve it into your enemies.
- 6. Carve it into your spoils.
- 7. Carve it.
- 8. Carve it.
- 9. Carve that warmth into me.
- 10. Einar!
- 11. What are you doing?
- 12. I could ask you the same thing!
- 13. Why're you attackin' that tree?
- 14. You tryna crush the house?
- 15. Are you gonna be a woodcutter, Einar?
- 16. No.
- 17. I'm training for battle.
- 18. Behold my power.
- 19. You're a big lad,
but you'd be useless in battle.
- 20. Get ready for lunch.
- 21. I'm so hungry...
- 22. You don't have to throw a knife at me.
- 23. You're holding dishes and spoons.
- 24. You wouldn't mind a dish?
- 25. They say bears have to
eat lots before winter.
- 26. Huh.
- 27. So, why are you trainin' again all of a sudden?
- 28. Thankya.
- 29. Well, because I gotta protect this place.
- 30. After it was all burnt to ashes,
it's finally been rebuilt.
- 31. I'm not letting that happen again.
- 32. I'm sure Dad would—
- 33. Mister Guthmur's milk is so good.
- 34. Right? That man knows his way around a teat.
- 35. What are you doin'
with your hands? It's so creepy.
- 36. Hey, listen to me.
- 37. Gross!
- 38. Don't bother.
- 39. Don't poke your nose into warrior stuff.
- 40. Doesn't it frustrate you,
always being on the losing side?
- 41. Dad died protecting us.
- 42. That's right.
- 43. And you're alive.
- 44. You've rebuilt this village,
- 45. and you're eating a delicious meal
with two beautiful ladies.
- 46. We haven't lost at all.
- 47. Hey.
- 48. Hey, how are you?
- 49. Hurry up.
- 50. Listen closely. Once we enter
the woods, I want you to run.
- 51. Follow the river, and...
- 52. Lotta.
- 53. Mom.
- 54. Don't think. Just run straight ahead.
- 55. Your brother and I will be with you.
- 56. Mom!
- 57. You ready? Let's get you up.
- 58. Mom!
- 59. Einar, run. Leave me.
- 60. I'm not...
- 61. Come on. Stand, damn it.
- 62. Mom?
- 63. Mom!
- 64. Mom...
- 65. Silly girl...
- 66. There are still people over there.
- 67. Hey, they've got women, too!
- 68. We're on our way, girls!
- 69. Stand up, Einar.
- 70. Take Lotta and go. Hurry!
- 71. Mom...
- 72. Even a dying old hag can still manage.
- 73. Live.
- 74. As long as you're alive, you can...
- 75. Ei... nar...
- 76. Lotta...
- 77. Why aren't they running?
- 78. Hey, she's pretty cute.
- 79. Your mom's dead, isn't she?
- 80. Lotta!
- 81. Let go! Einar!
- 82. Lotta!
- 83. Let go of her!
- 84. Einar!
- 85. How dare you!
- 86. Einar! Einar!
- 87. You'll pay for—
- 88. What the hell are you doing?
- 89. She freakin' stabbed me!
- 90. Aw, man. What a waste.
- 91. Nothing we can do about it.
- 92. Let's sell the kid for beer money.
- 93. You're such a dumb-ass.
- 94. I'm sorry, okay?
- 95. Come on. Let's go, beer money.
- 96. How is she?
- 97. She's not gonna make it.
- 98. Shit. Fine, let's move her.
- 99. Heave-ho!
- 100. Hey!
- 101. Hey, what the hell was that for?
- 102. You didn't need to throw her overboard!
- 103. All right, you're not swollen.
- 104. We're handing out blankets.
- 105. Keep yourselves warm.
- 106. We paid a fortune for you lot.
- 107. Don't go getting sick without our say so.
- 108. At the very least, stay healthy
until we find a buyer for you.
- 109. Got it?
- 110. Come on, hurry up!
- 111. Take in that sail!
- 112. That's right. I have to live.
- 113. Don't skip the liquor.
It'll improve your color.
- 114. Clean every nook and cranny,
especially your heads.
- 115. Check each other for lice.
- 116. How's this?
- 117. Hair's good.
- 118. Could you do her makeup
so she looks a little younger?
- 119. Well? Pretty good selection
this time, don't you think?
- 120. All second-rate crap.
- 121. There you go again.
- 122. You won't find anything better than ours!
- 123. That's right. I can't stay there.
- 124. I'll run away.
As long as I survive, I can try again.
- 125. Hup...
- 126. Thief!
- 127. Sorry!
- 128. Hey, Einar.
- 129. You still don't get it.
- 130. Listen closely, slaves.
- 131. Your homes are far, far away.
- 132. No matter how much you struggle,
you're never getting back to them.
- 133. And naturally,
nobody's gonna help you escape.
- 134. Because you're outsiders
and penniless slaves.
- 135. Find a good master
and serve him as best you can.
- 136. You'll eat way better than if you
run away and end up a beggar.
- 137. Before you go running off on adventures,
think real hard about which is better.
- 138. You got that, Einar?
- 139. I have to live...
- 140. Well, he's not bad, but have you
got any boys with a cuter face?
- 141. Ah, I see.
- 142. In that case, we've got some
special products for you to look at.
- 143. Oh, really? How exciting.
- 144. I'm sure you'll find them satisfactory.
- 145. They're right.
- 146. Even if I blindly ran away,
I wouldn't know where I was going.
- 147. And besides...
- 148. I don't have anywhere to go back to.
- 149. As long as I obediently serve
some master somewhere...
- 150. I'm telling you, you sure are lucky.
- 151. We just got a huge batch in.
- 152. Look, that's him.
- 153. Isn't he the one you're looking for?
- 154. He looks nothing like him!
- 155. He's not blond or small!
- 156. Huh? Now that I get a better look,
I guess that's not him.
- 157. That aside, what do you think?
- 158. He's strong and tough. If you buy him now—
- 159. I told you, I'm not here to buy a worker.
- 160. All I want is to free my relative.
- 161. I'm certain he came to this town.
- 162. Blond and small...
- 163. His name is Thorfinn.
- 164. You really have no idea where he is?
- 165. I'm sorry.
- 166. And sorry to have bothered you.
- 167. No problem. Come again soon.
- 168. He's never gonna find him.
- 169. So he's walking around
looking for his relative.
- 170. Whoever he's looking for is one lucky guy.
- 171. You there.
- 172. Can you speak? Let me see your teeth.
- 173. What's your name?
- 174. Einar.
- 175. Where are you from? What did you do before?
- 176. I was a farmer in Northern England.
- 177. Oh?
- 178. What do you say, Einar?
- 179. Would you like to help out on my farm?
- 180. A farm...
- 181. Einar, over here.
- 182. All of my people are at work now.
- 183. I'll introduce you to them at dinner.
- 184. Yes, sir.
- 185. But first, take a look at my farm.
- 186. Hey, Mom. Was that really true?
- 187. Live or die, I'll never be free again.
- 188. You still think I haven't lost?
- 189. My family was taken from me.
- 190. I lost my home. I lost everything.
- 191. I didn't even know
what the point of living was anymore.
- 192. Thorfinn, it's me. Come here.
- 193. "I'll be bought by a good master
and do my best to serve him."
- 194. "As long as I'm an obedient slave,
I won't starve."
- 195. I was beginning to think that way.
- 196. Thorfinn...
- 197. That was...
- 198. how Thorfinn and I met.
- 199. "Ketil's Farm."