- 1. Seat belts, everyone!
- 2. Please let this be a normal
field trip. With The Frizz no way!
- 3. Cruising on down main street,
you're relaxed and feeling good.
- 4. Yeah!
- 5. Next thing that you know
- 6. Octopus in the neighborhood.
- 7. Surfin' on a sound wave,
swinging through the stars.
- 8. Take a left and your intestines.
- 9. Take your second right past
Mars on the Magic Schoolbus.
- 10. Navigate a nostril!
- 11. Climb on the Magic School Bus!
- 12. Spank a plankton too.
- 13. Take that!
- 14. On the Magic School Bus!
- 15. Raft a river of lava
- 16. on the Magic School Bus.
- 17. Such fine thing to do!
- 18. So strap your bones right to the seat.
- 19. Come on in and don't be shy.
- 20. Come on!
- 21. Just to make your day complete, you might
get baked into a pie on the Magic Schoolbus!
- 22. Step inside, it's a wilder ride.
- 23. Come on!
- 24. Ride on the Magic School Bus!
- 25. Arnold, that's brilliant!
- 26. It is?
- 27. Yeah, Ms. Frizzle said to bring in
something to help answer the question
- 28. what happens to the food we eat?
- 29. Oh, right!
- 30. What did I bring?
- 31. Your own mouth!
- 32. Chewing!
- 33. It's the first step
in... ... In digestion.
- 34. Yeah, yeah, we know Dorothy Ann.
- 35. But my buddy Arnold
here is not chewing food.
- 36. He's chewing gum.
- 37. Gum?
- 38. Yep, been chewing for
two hours and 24 minutes.
- 39. Only six hours and 46 minutes to go before
he breaks the school gum chewing record.
- 40. But, Wanda... what's chewing
gum got you to do with digestion?
- 41. Nothing, but the first
one to break the gum
- 42. chewing record wins
two free tickets to...
- 43. Action... Mountain!
- 44. The wildest, scariest,
- 45. best-scream-your-lungs-out
ride in the world!
- 46. The ride of my dreams!
- 47. Let's get the facts.
- 48. Arnold wants to go on the fastest, the
scariest, the best-scream-your-lungs-out
- 49. ride in the world?
- 50. You feel all right, Arnold?
- 51. Actually, my ticket's up for grabs.
- 52. I'm just helping wanda out.
- 53. I would have done the chewing
myself, but I got a new filling.
- 54. See?
- 55. Ah!
- 56. Oh, good morning, class.
- 57. One digestive system coming up.
- 58. EeeYa!
- 59. Now, that's more like it.
- 60. Was that in the lesson plan?
- 61. As I always say, no guts, no digestion.
- 62. Well, as I always say, no
chewing, no free tickets.
- 63. Come on, Arnold, chew!
- 64. Chew, Arnold!
- 65. Um, Wanda?
- 66. I think I, uh, uh, swallowed it.
- 67. Very funny, Arnold.
- 68. You're kidding, right?
- 69. Say ah!
- 70. Ahhhh!
- 71. Arnold, how could you?
- 72. Wanda, I- we were going to
ride action mountain together.
- 73. You didn't do it on purpose, did you?
- 74. No, no, it was an accident, really.
- 75. I'm sorry, Wanda.
- 76. I told you, breaking
records made me nervous.
- 77. I told you I've never
won anything in my life.
- 78. Never say never, Arnold.
- 79. I told you you should
have picked someone else.
- 80. Oh, hey, Arnold, that's okay.
- 81. I mean, it's only a ride.
- 82. And that's the end of that.
- 83. Actually, Wanda, it's only the beginning.
- 84. Of what?
- 85. Our next field trip.
- 86. Field trip!
- 87. Field trip.
- 88. Miss Frizzle, I'd really love
to go on a field trip, but-
- 89. but I've got this weird feeling.
- 90. I mean, I already ruined Wanda's day.
- 91. What if I ruin everybody else's?
- 92. Well, Arnold, I do need a
volunteer to stay behind.
- 93. Stay behind?
- 94. Come on, go!
- 95. Me! Me!
- 96. Pick me!
- 97. Oh, thank you, Arnold.
- 98. Alright!
- 99. Wait a minute.
- 100. This is too good to be true.
- 101. What's the catch?
- 102. Meet your substitute teacher.
- 103. Liz?
- 104. Oh, could be worse.
- 105. See you very soon, Arnold.
- 106. One field trip for them?
- 107. One bag of cheesy wheezes for me.
- 108. Mmm.
- 109. Our timing should be just about right.
- 110. I don't get it.
- 111. I thought we were supposed to answer
the question about what happens to the
- 112. food we eat.
- 113. Yeah, where are we going?
- 114. Not far-class, not far at all.
- 115. Here we go!
- 116. mmm mmm
- 117. Whoops!
- 118. Whoa!
- 119. Where are we?
- 120. Check out the pink pavement!
- 121. The walls are drippy.
- 122. You know what, Miss Frizzle?
- 123. At my old school, we turn
back in this kind of weather.
- 124. What are those humongo white things?
- 125. Whoa!
- 126. If you ask me, they're
humongo bus crushers.
- 127. Actually, Ralphie, they're more
like humongo food crushers.
- 128. Wait.
- 129. If that's food, we're either on the
weirdest cutting board in the world, or
- 130. in somebody's mouth!
- 131. Eww!
- 132. Bingo.
- 133. But not just anybody's mouth.
- 134. Look familiar?
- 135. Arnold?
- 136. Boy, it's kind of empty in here.
- 137. I wonder where they went.
- 138. Well, wherever they are, they don't
have me to slow them down anymore.
- 139. Hmm.
- 140. Ah, nothing like cheesy
wheezes with a green olive chaser.
- 141. So the first thing that happens to the
food when it gets digested is the teet
- 142. cut and grind it into smaller pieces.
- 143. At my old school, we were
never allowed to be digested.
- 144. Never say never, Phoebe.
- 145. But according to my research...
after chewing comes swallowing!
- 146. I call it "Action Arnold."
- 147. The wildest, scariest.
- 148. Best scream-your-lungs-out
ride in the world!
- 149. Woohoo!
- 150. Class,
welcome to the esophagus.
- 151. The asparagus?
- 152. No, Carlos.
- 153. The esophagus.
- 154. It's where your food
goes after you swallow.
- 155. Ha-ha!
- 156. Miss Frizzle.
- 157. What are you doing?
- 158. Time to let Arnold's digestive
system do the driving.
- 159. Cool.
- 160. It's like we're driving through a
tunnel, but the tunnel's driving US.
- 161. Hey Arnold, how about a push?
- 162. I wonder if this is what it feels like to
get squeezed out of a tube of toothpaste.
- 163. Yeah, but I get the feeling we're not
gonna end up on Arnold's toothbrush.
- 164. Huh?
- 165. Oh, right, you are Tim.
- 166. The isophagus connects
them out to the- anyone?
- 167. I don't know how much
more of this I can stomach.
- 168. Excellent, Ralphie.
- 169. The stomach is the next step in digestion.
- 170. And it's a real dosie!
- 171. In just a few moments we'll
be landing in Arnold's stomach.
- 172. Thank you for flying digestion, airways.
- 173. Now that's what I call a belly flop.
- 174. Olive eating.
- 175. Now that's a school record I could go for.
- 176. Thanks.
- 177. Wanda would be so impressed.
- 178. Oh, Arnold!
- 179. Hey, why not?
- 180. Ah!
- 181. The all school record book.
- 182. Olive eating.
- 183. 978?
- 184. Ok, it doesn't have to be olives.
- 185. Oh, there have to be other
records waiting to be broken.
- 186. Yo ho ho!
- 187. And the stomach of slop.
- 188. Check out the pink cliffs of Arnold.
- 189. Ralphie, that's his stomach wall.
- 190. Rock, dead ahead.
- 191. I bet this is what the pilgrims felt like
before they crashed into Plymouth rock.
- 192. Forget the pilgrims, the walls are moving.
- 193. Hard to port class.
- 194. I know Arnold likes rocks, but do
you really think he'd swallow one?
- 195. That's no rock.
- 196. That's Arnold's gum.
- 197. Phew, that was close.
- 198. Is it just me or do you get the
feeling there's more out there than just
- 199. food and water?
- 200. Whatever it is, it's eating the bus.
- 201. Oh, nothing to worry about,
just a little stomach acid.
- 202. Stomach acid?
- 203. Here at united digestion, we
believe in breaking things down.
- 204. We start with the raw material of the food.
- 205. Put it in the mouth and use the
finest teeth in the world to tear, grind,
- 206. and crush it into pieces,
small enough to swallow.
- 207. Then the food gets pushed down the
esophagus line into stomach central,
- 208. where we add acids and other chemicals
to break the food down and dissolve
- 209. it into a liquid.
- 210. And that's only half of what
we do here at united digestion.
- 211. Man, when it comes to digestion,
Arnold doesn't mess around.
- 212. You haven't seen anything yet.
- 213. You mean there's... more?
- 214. Mmm hmm
- 215. All right, Arnold!
- 216. If this doesn't impress her, nothing will.
- 217. How many more to go Liz?
- 218. One more and I break the school record
for pens stuffed into a pocket protector.
- 219. What's that?
- 220. Poor Arnold looks like he's
got a hole in his stomach.
- 221. Not a hole, keisha, a valve.
- 222. The doorway to his small intestine.
- 223. Yeah, well, he just swallowed the gum.
- 224. Hey, why hasn't the gum been digested?
- 225. A few things are too tough
to be broken up and dissolved.
- 226. Like school buses.
- 227. Right?
- 228. There's only one way to find out.
- 229. Here we go!
- 230. Where are we?
- 231. It looks like a scuba world.
- 232. Welcome to the small intestine,
the next step in digestion.
- 233. I don't get it.
- 234. The food's been dissolved,
- 235. What else is left to do?
- 236. As I always say, Ralphie,
digested is not delivered.
- 237. Anyone for a dip?
- 238. Go swimming in Arnold's digestive juice.
- 239. Not me no way.
- 240. How was I supposed to know
she'd have digestive juice scuba gear?
- 241. Isn't this the coolest?
- 242. Hey, there's the gum!
- 243. I'll be right back.
- 244. Hey, look at this!
- 245. The dissolved food is disappearing
into these rubber cactus type things.
- 246. They're called villi.
- 247. Cool.
- 248. They're soaking up the food like a sponge.
- 249. But where did it go?
- 250. Here at united digestion,
what we digest, we deliver.
- 251. As the villi and the small intestine
soak up the nutrients in the food,
- 252. the nutrients are transferred
into the bloodstream.
- 253. And the bloodstream delivers
the nutrients to all parts of the body.
- 254. Because here at united digestion,
we believe in turning food into fuel.
- 255. I get it.
- 256. The bloodstream is like a pizza
delivery service, only it delivers energy.
- 257. Speaking of energy, where's Wanda?
- 258. Wanda!
- 259. Huh? Did I do it?
- 260. Two minutes and four seconds.
- 261. How can I break the school napping
record if my stomach keeps waking me up?
- 262. Where could she be?
- 263. I don't see her anywhere.
- 264. Wanda!
- 265. Where are you?
- 266. Wanda!
- 267. We've been through the entire
small intestine, and no sign of her.
- 268. There she is!
- 269. Ah!
- 270. Ah, she went into the large intestine.
- 271. The large intestine?
- 272. You mean there's more?
- 273. What's that?
- 274. Just Arnold's leftovers.
- 275. Watch out!
- 276. Whoa!
- 277. Boy, what a ride!
- 278. Talk about action!
- 279. Man, if the small
intestine was scuba world,
- 280. the large intestine
is... ... Smell world.
- 281. At least it's a lot drier in here.
- 282. Yeah.
- 283. But where's Wanda?
- 284. Wait a minute.
- 285. This should work.
- 286. Wanda, if you can hear this, give a shout!
- 287. Ah!
- 288. Let's go!
- 289. All right!
- 290. The further we go, the drier it gets.
- 291. It looks like the walls are
sucking up all the water.
- 292. That's the large intestine for you.
- 293. It removes the water from the leftovers.
- 294. So we have to find Wanda
before she gets dried into a raisin.
- 295. A raisin?
- 296. Cool.
- 297. Ralphie?
- 298. Um, not cool at all.
- 299. Terrible, actually.
- 300. Yikes!
- 301. Wanda! Don't!
- 302. Wanda!
- 303. Gotcha!
- 304. All right, Carlos.
- 305. You saved her.
- 306. Saved me?
- 307. I was having a blast!
- 308. Arnold's digestive system is the wildest,
scariest, scream-your-lungs-out ride
- 309. in the world!
- 310. And it's not over yet.
- 311. We've done the mouth.
- 312. We've done the esophagus, the stomach,
the small intestine, the large intestine.
- 313. What could be next?
- 314. The extra large intestine?
- 315. No.
- 316. We just have to join the rest of
the waste products and finish the trip.
- 317. What?
- 318. Wait a minute.
- 319. According to my research,
the waste products go... uh-uh!
- 320. No way!
- 321. At my old school, we were never
allowed to end up in the toilet.
- 322. Anyone have a better idea?
- 323. We could go back to the
mountain, write it again!
- 324. Wanda!
- 325. She's right.
- 326. We could go back the way we came.
- 327. I've been keeping track.
- 328. And the digestive system is just
one long tube divided into parts.
- 329. We started off in the mouth, got
squeezed down the esophagus.
- 330. Landed in the stomach, got
pushed into the small intestine.
- 331. and wound up here in the large intestine.
- 332. And since we don't want to go out
here, all we have to do is go backwards.
- 333. We could go back up the large intestine,
back to the small intestine, into
- 334. the stomach, back up the esophagus,
and burst triumphantly out the mouth.
- 335. It won't be easy.
- 336. You're right, Tim.
- 337. Digestion pushes everything down.
- 338. We'll have to fight our way back.
- 339. We might never make it.
- 340. Never say never, Miss Frizzle.
- 341. How can I break the
record for eating lunch?
- 342. If I can't find my lunch.
- 343. Hmm. I wonder if there's any rules
about it having to be my lunch.
- 344. A chocolate malo blaster.
- 345. She'll be coming around the
mountain when she comes.
- 346. YeeHaw!
- 347. Full speed ahead!
- 348. This is insane.
- 349. Consider the alternative.
- 350. You know, biking is my favorite sport.
- 351. Now!
- 352. Ah, so much for the easy part.
- 353. The easy part?
- 354. Yeah.
- 355. Remember all the muscle power
that pushes down the asophagus?
- 356. Oh!
- 357. And it's almost noon.
- 358. If Arnold eats lunch, there's going to
be tons of food raining down on US.
- 359. If I eat Ralphie's lunch and break
the lunch eating record real fast,
- 360. Wanda will think I'm the best
thing since velcro shoe fasteners.
- 361. But then Ralphie will be
steamed at me for eternity.
- 362. What are we going to do? What are we
going to do? What are we going to do?
- 363. Wanda, what are we going to do?
- 364. I've got it!
- 365. But if I don't eat something, I'll
whither away to nothing.
- 366. I know!
- 367. I could eat Ralphie's lunch and think
up a good excuse on a full stomach.
- 368. Arnold!
- 369. What?
- 370. I've heard my stomach
growl before, but... talk?
- 371. Arnold!
- 372. Are you about to eat
Ralphie's malo blaster?
- 373. Uh, no.
- 374. I mean, yes!
- 375. Eee!
- 376. Wait a second!
- 377. Who is this?
- 378. This is your conscience, Arnold.
- 379. You know you
shouldn't eat Ralphie's malo blaster
- 380. besides you're not even hungry.
- 381. Not hungry?
- 382. I could eat a...
- 383. You just think you're hungry.
- 384. What you really are is thirsty.
- 385. I am?
- 386. Trust me, you are.
- 387. Now there's a nice bottle of
seltzer in Wanda's Lunch Bag.
- 388. That's what you really want.
- 389. Uh... ok.
- 390. I guess.
- 391. Hey!
- 392. How come it's ok to drink Wanda's seltzer?
- 393. But it's not ok to eat
Ralphie's malo blaster.
- 394. Because Wanda's a far-kinder and more
generous human being than Ralphie
- 395. when it comes to sharing.
- 396. Then how come when she has a
malo blaster, she hogs it all to herself?
- 397. Look!
- 398. I'm your conscience, alright?
- 399. Just do what I say and drink the seltzer.
- 400. Now!
- 401. Time me.
- 402. Way to go, Arnold!
- 403. Now let's rock the bus to
create a giant gas bubble!
- 404. It's working!
- 405. Now what?
- 406. Did I break the seltzer-chugging record?
- 407. I'll never break a record.
- 408. I'll never win anything.
- 409. I'll never even get to eat lunch.
- 410. Did someone say lunch?
- 411. Congratulations, Arnold.
- 412. Huh?
- 413. You just broke the record for
being the best field trip ever!
- 414. What?
- 415. And giving me the ride of my dreams!
- 416. You mean I was the field trip?
- 417. Yep.
- 418. But where exactly did you go?
- 419. You went inside?
- 420. Miss Frizzle, no matter what,
I'll never miss another field trip.
- 421. Never, ever, ever, ever!
- 422. Wonderful, Arnold.
- 423. Um... starting right after the next one.
- 424. Is this the Magic Schoolbus?
- 425. Is this the Magic Schoolbus?
- 426. Magic School Bus?
Magic School Bus?
- 427. Magic School Bus?
- 428. Magic School Bus?
- 429. Magic School Bus?
- 430. I want the Magic School Bus!
- 431. I want the Magic School Bus!
- 432. Magic School Bus?
- 433. Just a minute, please.
- 434. Hold on.
- 435. Be right with you.
- 436. Magic School Bus?
- 437. Boy, for a show on science, there's
sure a of busload of mistakes.
- 438. You think so?
- 439. I mean, they just zip
through the digestive system.
- 440. Nobody's food goes through them that fast.
- 441. You're right.
- 442. It takes more than 10 hours to digest, but
when we pitched digestion the miniseries,
- 443. the network didn't bite.
- 444. And where did all the light come from?
- 445. Except for in the mouth digestion
takes place in complete darkness.
- 446. Beleive me, it would have been a lot cheaper to do "The Magic School
Bus Radio Show."
- 447. And another thing.
- 448. You only showed the small
intestine absorbing stuff.
- 449. Um, so we left out something?
- 450. Something important.
- 451. The stomach doesn't break down everything.
- 452. The small intestine breaks things down too.
- 453. And all that stuff about the
system not working in reverse.
- 454. Sometimes it does, like when you throw up.
- 455. Right again.
- 456. But normally, it doesn't work that way.
- 457. And talking about normal,
they didn't complete the ride.
- 458. Waste products that
accumulate in the large intestine.
- 459. I know, I know.
They are eliminated out through the anus,
- 460. the end of the digestive system.
- 461. It's natural. It's normal.
- 462. But did you really expect US
to show that on daytime TV?
- 463. Well... maybe not.
- 464. And another thing.
- 465. Wanda using gum to go bungee
jumping in the large intestine?
- 466. I mean, come on.
- 467. Cute, huh?
- 468. You could never use gum for bungee jumping.
- 469. Not in a million years.
- 470. I wish you guys would stick to the facts.
- 471. What was that?
- 472. Um, that?
- 473. Oh, that was just the sound
of Liz stretching the truth.