- 1. Grrr!
- 2. Come on, these decorations
aren't gonna hang themselves.
- 3. Oh, aren't they?
- 4. They still didn't hang themselves.
Your machine did it.
- 5. Not cool, Tails.
- 6. Take those things down.
You're gonna attract bugs.
- 7. And aliens. And kumquats.
And list jokes.
- 8. Come on, guys, lay off him.
- 9. Way to ruin New Year's, dude.
- 10. Is that the holiday
where a giant rabbit
- 11. breaks into your house
and hides painted eggs?
- 12. Knuckles,
forget about your crazy holidays
- 13. and help get this ball
on top of that pole.
- 14. When it drops to the bottom,
- 15. then it's exactly midnight
and the start of the new year.
- 16. Don't trust her, Knuckles.
I told you about the kumquats.
- 17. You really "dropped the ball".
- 18. Not cool?
- 19. - Huh?
- 20. OK, Ball-bots, let's roll.
- 21. Ugh! Huh?
- 22. Ugh!
- 23. - Urrgh!
- 24. Oh, what's the use?
- 25. The decorations look great,
- 26. And this'll make
a great New Year's Eve ball.
- 27. Great... here it is,
New Year's Eve
- 28. and I haven't fulfilled
my resolution from last year.
- 29. Was that the one to become
a more benevolent master?
- 30. I'll show you benevolent,
you bag of bolts.
- 31. Clearly one of us doesn't know
what benevolent means.
- 32. Two of us!
- 33. All I wanted was to have
one decisive victory over Sonic.
- 34. Just one. I'm so miserable,
I barely enjoyed smacking you.
- 35. It's sad when we no longer
enjoy our hobbies.
- 36. Well, don't you worry, sir.
- 37. I've dreamed up
a New Year's Eve party
- 38. that'll really put the spring
back in your step.
- 39. If you pull out
a checkers board,
- 40. I'll sell you for scrap metal.
- 41. Why are you dressed like that?
- 42. Isn't New Year's the holiday
where you put on a costume
- 43. and prank strangers
who don't give you candy?
- 44. That's not a holiday.
- 45. I'm hearing a lot of words but
I'm not seeing any candy, lady.
- 46. Soar the Eagle reporting live
from Village Centre,
- 47. where the New Year's festivities
are in full swing.
- 48. People have come
from far and wide...
- 49. men, women, children,
- 50. some nut in a hot dog suit.
- 51. I think he's talking about me.
- 52. It would be hard to find anyone
who's not having a great time.
- 53. I could jump you there.
- 54. But then you could jump me
there. Or even there.
- 55. But... ooh... I can
double-jump you there and...
- 56. Grrr! This is the worst
New Year's party ever.
- 57. Well, it is now.
- 58. Let's not forget
dear old Orbot's
- 59. famous mouth-watering
slow-cooked New Year's roast.
- 60. It, too, is just
a sad yet succulent reminder
- 61. of how quickly
everything else in life moves.
- 62. A slow-cooker is truly
- 63. one of life's most poetic
small kitchen appliances.
- 64. If only everything moved
at the same pace
- 65. as the marinating juices
of my roast.
- 66. Then I'd have another chance
to fulfil my New Year's resolution.
- 67. If I can just harness
the technology of this slow cooker,
- 68. I can create
a slow-motion machine.
- 69. - And what would that do?
- Slow everything down.
- 70. Giving me more time before
the end of the year to defeat Sonic.
- 71. There it is...
- 72. the power source that makes
a slow cooker cook slowly.
- 73. And I thought
it was a mixture of patience,
- 74. low heat
and collected condensation.
- 75. Nope. Glowing energy ball.
- 76. Welcome back to Comedy Chimp's
New Year's Adequate Eve,
- 77. sponsored by Meh Burger,
- 78. home of the new
ten-alarm super atomic chilli.
- 79. Ten-alarm?
This thing's barely ketchup.
- 80. I mean, I'm sure
it'll kick in eventually.
- 81. Let's see who's out celebrating.
- 82. - How about you, sir? Excited?
- You bet!
- 83. I hope the obese man watching me
sleep doesn't think I'm naughty,
- 84. or he might not sneak into
my house and leave presents.
- 85. Right. Oh, there's the Mayor.
- 86. Mr Mayor, a word?
- 87. Uh, look, the allegations
that I used the town's money
- 88. to buy myself a vacation island
are totally untrue.
- 89. I was gonna ask you to say a few
words before the countdown.
- 90. Oh, well, in that case
- 91. I just want to wish everyone
a very happy New Year.
- 92. You're all welcome to visit me
on my private vacation island.
- 93. I mean, if I ever get one,
- 94. No more questions.
- 95. We're gonna slow this next one
down... for the ladies.
- 96. Huh?
- 97. - Sonic, my little friend.
- 98. And by friend I mean enemy.
- 99. Happy New Year!
- 100. By happy I mean awful and by New
Year I mean not yet New Year.
- 101. - What's going on here, Egghead?
- Isn't it obvious?
- 102. My slow-motion machine
has slowed everything down.
- 103. Slow, of course, for you
is just normal speed.
- 104. - What about you?
- If you'd paid attention
- 105. in evil scientist school
- 106. to get your father's approval,
you'd know that...
- 107. Oh, can't we just skip ahead
to the part where I destroy you?
- 108. Let's go with a classic.
- 109. Nice try, Egghead.
Your father would be proud.
- 110. Robots, attack!
- 111. They'll be here in a minute,
just hang on.
- 112. I can't wait around all day
for your slow-bots.
- 113. All right. Need a new plan.
- 114. Here's an idea.
- 115. I destroy your slow-motion
machine and we call it a day?
- 116. Brilliant plan, Sonic!
- 117. Oh, wait, forgot to mention,
- 118. if you do that,
everyone and everything
- 119. will be stuck in slow motion
- 120. - Let's settle this
- 121. with one final test of our abilities.
- 122. Just you and me. One on one.
Mano a mano. Peaches and cream.
- 123. If you win, maybe, just maybe,
- 124. I'll switch my machine off
- 125. and return the world
to its normal speed.
- 126. Did you just say
"peaches and cream"?
- 127. Quit stalling!
- 128. - Bam! Game over!
- 129. That would have been more
dramatic at normal speed.
- 130. Eggman, I won fair and square.
Shut off your machine.
- 131. Give me one more shot.
- 132. Woooargh! Ugh!
- 133. Ha-ha!
- 134. Oof!
- 135. Ha-ha-ha!
- 136. Bingo! Gin! Checkmate!
- 137. I can't believe
it's come down to this.
- 138. Man, I hate checkers. Ugh!
- 139. Grrr! Ugh! Grrr!
- 140. Ten...
- 141. Grrr! All I wanted was a chance
to beat you at one thing.
- 142. Just once
before the end of the year.
- 143. Is that too much
for a villain to ask?
- 144. You did all this just to notch
some kind of victory over me?
- 145. Maybe.
- 146. I guess I have been
pretty dominant this year.
- 147. You guess? You guess?
- 148. I made a New Year's resolution
to beat you one time this year.
- 149. And here I am,
ten seconds before midnight,
- 150. and I can't even win
a simple game of checkers.
- 151. Nine...
- 152. Tell you what. You've got
a couple of seconds left.
- 153. In the spirit of the New Year,
I challenge you to a dance-off.
- 154. A dance-off? What,
are you making fun of me?
- 155. Not cool, Sonic.
- 156. Eight...
- 157. I'm serious. The end of the year
is a time for having crazy fun.
- 158. What's more fun
than a dance-off?
- 159. Seven...
- 160. - So, we gonna dance or what?
- Check this!
- 161. - What?
- 162. All right, all right. My turn.
- 163. Five...
- 164. Here goes nothing.
- 165. Aaargh!
- 166. - Oh.
- 167. Looks like you won, Egghead.
- 168. I won! I beat Sonic!
- 169. Ha-ha-ha!
- 170. - Oh, right.
- 171. Three, two, one!
- 172. Happy New Year!
- 173. Ha-ha-ho-ho!
- 174. Hey, everybody. I beat Sonic.
- 175. Kneel before me.
- 176. - What are you talking about?
- It was a dance-off and I won.
- 177. Didn't you see?
It was right here.
- 178. Technically it happened
in the blink of an eye.
- 179. - Nobody saw anything.
- What? But... but... Ohh!
- 180. Well... nobody but me.
- 181. Happy New Year, Eggman.
- 182. Happy New Year,
you blue son of a gun.
- 183. Hey, guys. I just saw my shadow.
- 184. Six more weeks of winter!
- 185. Eclair Media