- 1. Did you just call that guy Grandpa?
- 2. Hoist the yard!
Batten down the hatches!
- 3. Raise the mizzenmast, men!
- 4. Prepare to board.
- 5. Our ship is ready to sail.
- 6. What's the meaning of this?
- 7. Grandpa, it's my first ship.
- 8. How do you expect to be a Marine
when you're wasting your time on this?
- 9. I don't want to be a Marine.
- 10. I'm a pirate!
- 11. No!
- 12. Grandpa, don't!
- 13. Stop! It's my ship!
- 14. Your training begins today.
- 15. But first...
- 16. Let me go!
- 17. lunch.
- 18. No, let me go! I'm a pirate!
- 19. Hit the deck!
- 20. Everybody okay?
- 21. I think so.
- 22. No. Not okay. Not even close to okay.
- 23. Usopp, fire back at them!
- 24. Or how about we sail away
as fast as we can?
- 25. Run from the Marines?
- 26. No. Never!
- 27. Nami, trim the... the sail thing.
Let's sink their ship.
- 28. We don't have time.
They're stealing our wind.
- 29. If they pull up alongside us,
- 30. - You're the navigator. Do something.
- Zoro, sheet in and hard to port!
- 31. - You know how to load a cannon?
- Yeah, of course.
- 32. I've loaded thousands of 'em.
- 33. Uh, this must be a different model
than I'm used to.
- 34. - Which way is port?
- The left!
- 35. Usopp, load the cannon in the barrel.
Light the fuse.
- 36. Then get the hell out of the way!
- 37. - Ooh. Ooh. Oh.
- 38. - What the...
- Whoa, whoa, whoa!
- 39. Ooh!
- 40. Oh man.
- 41. We've got a clear view of their hull, sir.
Permission to fire?
- 42. No kill shots.
- 43. I want these pirates taken alive.
- 44. Give me that.
- 45. Pirate vessel,
- 46. by order of the Marines,
- 47. lower your sails
and submit to my authority.
- 48. Never!
- 49. All right, you brat. Have it your way.
- 50. Oh.
- 51. Not bad, boy.
- 52. Not bad.
- 53. That was amazing.
- 54. - You saved us!
- You didn't tell me you could do that.
- 55. I didn't know I could.
- 56. Yeah!
- 57. Yeah! Ah!
- 58. Nami, get us out of here.
- 59. On it.
- 60. Let's disappear.
- 61. - How's the ship look?
- Broken railing.
- 62. Minor damage. Could've been a lot worse.
- 63. - Could've been better.
- Can't see the Marines anywhere.
- 64. Can't see anything in this soup.
- 65. What we need is a place to lay low,
- 66. wait out any reinforcements
they send after us.
- 67. My charts are useless in this fog.
- 68. What did Luffy say?
- 69. He's on the bow. He hasn't said anything
since we hightailed it.
- 70. Well, somebody needs to talk to him.
About this and that other thing.
- 71. - What other thing?
- Oh, gee, I wonder.
- 72. The vice-admiral-of-the-Marines-
- 73. Oh, that.
- 74. Yeah, I don't really
know the guy that well.
- 75. Doesn't seem like a big deal.
- 76. You're his first mate. Kind of seems like
that falls under your job description,
- 77. hmm?
- 78. Fine.
- 79. Hey, how you doing?
- 80. Great. But my hat took a couple of hits
during the battle.
- 81. Right.
- 82. About the battle, you wanna talk about it?
- 83. Nope.
- 84. Okay, good talk.
- 85. He seems fine to me.
- 86. Did you even ask him?
- 87. Hey!
- 88. You guys smell that?
- 89. Smell what?
- 90. There's something on the breeze.
- 91. Smells like butter.
- 92. Soy sauce.
- 93. And meat.
- 94. I can't smell anything.
- 95. - Think he has brain damage?
- I think that every day.
- 96. Look, Luffy,
playing follow the smell is fun and all,
- 97. but we really got to get out of this fog.
- 98. I know, but I smell food,
- 99. which means that there's
someone somewhere cooking.
- 100. Five degrees starboard!
- 101. No! No! Three degrees back to port.
- 102. Add food to the equation
and suddenly he knows how to navigate.
- 103. What is that?
- 104. Is that land?
- 105. Can't be. There aren't any Islands
anywhere near here.
- 106. What's a... baratie?
- 107. Everyone's going to that fish ship.
- 108. That smell.
I think this place is a restaurant.
- 109. Then I know what we're gonna do next.
- 110. Disguise the ship
so the Marines can't find us?
- 111. Sail back to Syrup Village
where it's safe?
- 112. Nah.
- 113. Let's eat!
- 114. That fish better have a bar.
- 115. Welcome to Baratie. How can I help you?
- 116. - Hi! Where do we eat?
- Do you have a reservation, sir?
- 117. - Do we need one?
- We're very full today.
- 118. I could put you on the waiting list.
It's three weeks out.
- 119. Maybe you want to check your book again.
- 120. You wouldn't want to turn away
the future King of the Pirates, would you?
- 121. And who is that, sir?
- 122. Monkey D. Luffy.
- 123. Perhaps you've heard of him?
- 124. Well, in that case, we'll find a table.
- 125. Yeah! I knew it.
- 126. In three weeks.
- 127. You'll have to excuse them.
- 128. Of course.
- 129. - Right this way, ma'am.
- See? Works every time.
- 130. Ah!
- 131. I'd be happy
to check your swords for you, sir.
- 132. I got this.
- 133. Very good.
- 134. Here are your menus.
Your waiter will be with you shortly.
- 135. I wonder what kind of food they have here.
- 136. - Get a move on. You're slowing the line.
- Gotta wait for the sauce to cool.
- 137. - I didn't see this on tonight's menu.
- It's called imagination, Patty.
- 138. - Wouldn't expect you to understand.
- Wanna take this outside?
- 139. Are you asking me to dance?
- 140. 'Cause I kind of had
my eye on that blonde at table eight.
- 141. You better keep your eye on the menu.
- 142. Whatever the hell that is,
boss man ain't gonna like it.
- 143. Order up!
- 144. Aye, aye, aye, aye.
- 145. - What the hell is this?
- I call it a True Bluefin Sauté.
- 146. It's elephant tuna, seared asparagus,
in a sweet soy reduction.
- 147. - Is that so?
- 148. Well, I call it crap.
- 149. The day Baratie serves a dish like that,
- 150. is the day that hell freezes over.
- 151. If I gotta sling
one more prime rib medium-well,
- 152. I am going to drop dead of boredom,
you old shitbag!
- 153. - It's what we serve.
- It's an insult to the meat.
- 154. You don't like cooking our menu? Fine.
- 155. 'Cause I'll be more than delighted
to give you other work elsewhere.
- 156. In fact, you are off the line.
- 157. Now get out there and wait tables. Move!
- 158. I am saying, this here is my table.
- 159. Close to the kitchen
so I can smell the beef.
- 160. Maybe you ought to try a table outside.
Right now, the only thing I smell is you.
- 161. - Now, now, gentlemen.
- 162. You know the rules here.
We don't waste food,
- 163. and there is no fighting at Baratie.
- 164. No.
- 165. This ain't gonna be a fight.
I'm just going to kill him.
- 166. Like to see you try.
- 167. I'd like to pour you each a glass
of Ithürzburger Stein. On the house.
- 168. Okay, I'll have that drink.
- 169. - After he apologizes for his bad manners.
- Over my dead body.
- 170. Good fighter.
- 171. No cause for alarm, folks.
Please enjoy your meals.
- 172. Hi, welcome to our shitty restaurant
- 173. where the only thing
worse than the ambience is the food.
- 174. My name is Sanji. What can I get for you?
- 175. - One of everything, please.
- Any drinks?
- 176. One of our signature cocktails
to help you choke down your meal?
- 177. Giving us the hard sell, huh?
- 178. Apologies, madam, I didn't see you there.
Would you care for an apéritif to start?
- 179. We have several
rare Micqueot vintages in stock.
- 180. Or perhaps you'd like a glass of Umeshu?
- 181. You know, something sweet
for someone sweet.
- 182. - Something wrong with your eye?
- Just blinded by your beauty.
- 183. Waiter, can I get a beer
and something for my friends?
- 184. - Two beers. I usually have three, but—
- And a milk.
- 185. Three beers and a milk.
And, uh, for madam?
- 186. Water.
- 187. Still, sparkling, mineral?
With ice or without? Cubed or crushed?
- 188. Regular water in a regular glass. Thanks.
- 189. Right away.
- 190. Ah!
- 191. - What?
- 192. Madam. Forgive my rude behavior, madam.
- 193. Would madam prefer her water
in a crystal glass,
- 194. or would a golden bowl
be more madam's style?
- 195. Nami's got a boyfriend.
- 196. You guys are the worst.
- 197. Damage report?
- 198. We're making progress, sir,
but the ship needs repairs.
- 199. We've got to shore up the yard,
- 200. - How long till we sail?
- At least a day. Maybe two.
- 201. Sir, the 77th Marine Branch
is running training exercises nearby.
- 202. - They could be here in a few hours.
- 203. We don't need their help.
- 204. If we delay,
we might lose track of Luffy entirely.
- 205. No SOS calls.
- 206. We'll handle this problem on our own.
- 207. Hello.
- 208. Mihawk, did I catch you
in the middle of something?
- 209. Just killing some time.
- 210. What can I do for you, Vice-Admiral?
- 211. I've a request for you.
One that suits your particular talents.
- 212. Who's the quarry?
- 213. A young upstart named Luffy.
- 214. Fancies himself a pirate.
- 215. Doesn't sound like much of a challenge.
- 216. Oh no, no, no.
Don't underestimate this one.
- 217. He's a wild card.
- 218. One moment.
- 219. That's enough!
- 220. I'm afraid it's time I ended this.
- 221. You've killed my men, destroyed my fleet.
- 222. Why are you after me?
- 223. You woke me from my nap.
- 224. Then allow me to make it permanent!
- 225. Such a disappointing final gambit.
- 226. Apologies, Vice-Admiral.
- 227. You've piqued my interest.
Where am I headed?
- 228. East Blue. Sambas region.
- 229. And, Mihawk,
- 230. bring him alive by any means necessary.
- 231. I can't eat another bite.
- 232. But it's so good.
- 233. - Oh man, you said it.
- I'm not gonna be hungry for a week.
- 234. - Should we order dessert?
- I already got mine.
- 235. Mmm.
- 236. That reminds me. We should do a toast.
Come on. Grab your glasses.
- 237. To the best crew sailing on the sea
and to our victory! Yeah!
- 238. - No, I'm sorry.
- 239. What victory exactly?
- 240. Against the Marines.
Our very first battle and we crushed them.
- 241. I don't know how many naval battles
you guys have been part of—
- 242. - Two dozen, at least.
- But that was a disaster.
- 243. We were unprepared, uncoordinated.
- 244. By all rights,
we should be at the bottom of the sea.
- 245. We're not though. Luffy saved us.
- 246. Are we really going to ignore
the elephant in the room right now?
- 247. You didn't think to mention
your grandfather was a Marine?
- 248. And not just any Marine, a vice-admiral!
- 249. Don't know about you.
I didn't sign up for that.
- 250. You raided a Marine base.
Of course that'll make you a target.
- 251. If I stole the map,
no one would've known I was there,
- 252. as opposed to wrecking
a base commander's office.
- 253. Your bill, sir.
- 254. Ah.
- 255. Thank you, my good man.
- 256. No, sir. Thank you.
- 257. I'm not saying it's good
that the Marines are on our tail,
- 258. but we showed them
that they can't just roll over us.
- 259. This crew, our crew, can handle anything.
- 260. Who the hell is Monkey D. Luffy?
- 261. Here.
- 262. You seem to be confused
about the rules of the house,
- 263. but Baratie doesn't offer credit.
- 264. You eat, you pay.
- 265. I think you're confused.
- 266. The meal has already been paid for.
I just haven't given you the money yet.
- 267. Yeah, and how's that?
- 268. You can add it to my treasure tab.
- 269. And what, pray tell, is that?
- 270. I may not look like a big deal yet,
- 271. but you're talking
with the future King of the Pirates.
- 272. And as soon as I find the One Piece,
I'm gonna come back,
- 273. pay this bill in full,
- 274. and with interest.
- 275. I got a better idea.
- 276. I need a drink.
- 277. Yeah. Now you're talking.
- 278. You, Mr. Future-King-of-the-Pirates,
are gonna be my new chore boy.
- 279. You're gonna pay off your debt
- 280. - All of these?
- For starters.
- 281. You gotta remember.
The meal you had with your friends?
- 282. That's one year's worth of dishes.
- 283. I'd get a move on if I was you.
Second service is in one hour.
- 284. - Oy, oy. What do you think you're doing?
- Come on, old man. Enough's enough.
- 285. Put the jacket back on, little eggplant.
You're not done with your shift yet.
- 286. Let me back on the line or I walk.
- 287. You can walk back into the ocean
for all I care.
- 288. Cook another meal like that in my kitchen,
it's going right where the last one did.
- 289. You can kick me out of the kitchen
all you like. I'll never be a waiter.
- 290. That's fine by me. You sure as hell are
never gonna be a cook in my restaurant.
- 291. Have you got it?
- 292. Pace yourself.
- 293. I don't even think there's liquor in this.
It tastes just like candy.
- 294. Last time I said that,
I woke up face down under a table.
- 295. That glass have gold on the bottom
- 296. - Hmm?
- You haven't stopped staring at it.
- 297. You seriously don't think
what Luffy did is messed up?
- 298. Yeah. He should've told us.
- 299. But in case you didn't notice,
- 300. we've been making enemies
everywhere we go.
- 301. Psycho clowns, killer butlers.
What's a vice-admiral gonna do to us?
- 302. No, you don't get it.
- 303. I can't get caught. Not when I'm so close...
- 304. Uh, who's ready for another drink?
- 305. Mmm.
- 306. My favorite kind of drink.
- 307. Let me get your second-best bottle of rum.
- 308. - Anything else?
- 309. If I wanted to secure passage to
the Conomi Islands, who would I talk to?
- 310. Uh, that'd be me.
- 311. It'll cost you.
- 312. - Six thousand.
- I have Berry.
- 313. Need room for your friends too?
- 314. No. Just me.
- 315. I'm at slip 22.
- 316. Be ready to sail at dawn.
- 317. I know I'm going to regret this,
but what's wrong?
- 318. Nothing.
- 319. What you said back at Syrup Village
- 320. about Garp...
- 321. - I'm starting to think you might be right.
- What is it, my birthday?
- 322. Of course I'm right.
- 323. You ever hear of anyone called Mihawk?
- 324. Best swordsman in the world?
- 325. Better with a blade
than anyone in living history?
- 326. - One of the Seven Warlords of the Seas?
- 327. Years ago, there were
these seven incredibly powerful pirates,
- 328. each one worse than the next.
- 329. They ruled the seas,
- 330. terrorizing everyone they came across.
- 331. The World Government
could've gone after them,
- 332. but that would've meant an all-out war.
- 333. They realized it'd be more useful
to keep them close, as allies.
- 334. So they struck a deal to work together.
- 335. Why would the Marines
need to work with pirates?
- 336. To do the things
they didn't want tied back to them.
- 337. In exchange,
the Warlords were given free rein.
- 338. To do pirate stuff?
- 339. Illegal pirate stuff?
- 340. Koby, you may know how to tie a knot,
- 341. but you don't know shit
about how the world works.
- 342. Hey, chore boy,
- 343. how's that dish pile coming along?
- 344. Never seems to get any smaller.
- 345. The old man's a real piece of work.
- 346. - Bet you regret giving him that IOU.
- I don't really do regret.
- 347. - No point in looking back.
- Lucky you.
- 348. Sometimes, when I try to look ahead,
all I see is back.
- 349. - How long you been a waiter?
- Not a waiter. I'm a cook.
- 350. Best one in the East Blue.
- 351. Not that it matters.
- 352. As long as the old man's in charge,
I'm banned from the line.
- 353. - But that meal you cooked was incredible.
- The True Bluefin Sauté?
- 354. - Yeah.
- You tried it?
- 355. Yeah, of course I did.
I couldn't help myself.
- 356. I didn't think the food here
could get any better.
- 357. You know, you're a really good cook.
- 358. - Eh.
- Why is Zeff making you wait tables?
- 359. 'Cause he's jealous.
- 360. I should be running this place,
- 361. but the old man's so stubborn,
it'll never happen.
- 362. So that's your dream.
- 363. To be head chef of the Baratie.
- 364. Nah.
- 365. So you love to cook.
You just don't want to cook here?
- 366. There's, um, this place
- 367. where you can find ingredients
from all four seas.
- 368. East Blue, West Blue, North, and South.
They call it the All Blue.
- 369. Nobody knows where it is, but
- 370. there's fish there
that have never been seen.
- 371. You know, rare seaweeds.
Spices that have never been tasted.
- 372. It is a cook's paradise,
and I'm gonna find it one day.
- 373. That's my dream.
- 374. If you want to cook, you should cook.
- 375. Don't let some stubborn old man
get in the way of your dream.
- 376. Stand up to him.
- 377. Tell him what you want.
- 378. It's more complicated than that.
- 379. I don't really do complicated either.
- 380. - Help me.
- 381. - Help!
- 382. Please.
- 383. Help me.
- 384. - Are you okay?
- I'm so hungry. Please.
- 385. Okay, you got it, man. How does
some corned-beef fried rice sound?
- 386. - What do you think you're doing?
- At Baratie, everyone eats.
- 387. Who's gonna pay for that?
This is a business.
- 388. We can't give handouts to every
down-on-his-luck pirate that washes up.
- 389. If a man is hungry, I feed him.
- 390. - Zeff kicked you off the line.
- I don't see the old man here. Do you?
- 391. Your funeral.
- 392. I was drifting out there for a week.
- 393. You saved my life tonight.
- 394. You're not only a good cook.
You're a good guy.
- 395. If Zeff doesn't appreciate you,
- 396. you should join my crew.
- 397. I'm serious. For real.
- 398. Sorry, chore boy. I've already got a job.
- 399. But you're not happy here.
- 400. And we're gonna need a great cook
if we're gonna find the One Piece.
- 401. The One Piece?
- 402. Yeah, I'm gonna find it
and become King of the Pirates.
- 403. We were searching for it too.
- 404. I was part of a mighty pirate armada.
- 405. Our captain was hell-bent
on finding Gold Roger's treasure, but
- 406. the Grand Line was his undoing.
- 407. We lost 50 ships and 5,000 men.
- 408. I was the only survivor.
- 409. Save yourself.
- 410. Forget you ever heard of the One Piece.
- 411. He does have a certain grace about him.
- 412. Like a frantic, uncoordinated—
- 413. - Sea slug.
- That's it.
- 414. That's what he's like.
- 415. Look at him.
Like he doesn't have a care in the world.
- 416. What are you carrying around
that's so heavy?
- 417. - You have no idea.
- I bet I do.
- 418. I bet I know more about you
than you do about me.
- 419. - Yeah, right. You're an open book.
- Care to prove it?
- 420. I guess something about you, you drink.
- 421. You guess something about me, I drink.
- 422. Go ahead.
- 423. Tell me all about myself.
- 424. I bet you grew up in a big city,
- 425. running schemes,
- 426. hanging out in swanky bars like this one.
- 427. - You must be thirsty.
- You're saying I'm wrong?
- 428. I grew up in a small village.
Barely a village.
- 429. Just a handful of houses
in the center of a tangerine grove.
- 430. Drink.
- 431. Ah.
- 432. - Your turn.
- 433. But I had you read
all the way back in Orange Town.
- 434. I'll bet you didn't have any friends
as a kid.
- 435. I had friends.
- 436. Swords don't count.
- 437. I had one friend.
- 438. Hell, one more than I had.
- 439. Drink.
- 440. Should I come back later, sir?
- 441. No, no.
- 442. I'm almost done here.
- 443. What is it, cadet?
- 444. Is it true
you're sending Dracule Mihawk after Luffy?
- 445. That's a nasty habit,
- 446. listening at doorways.
- 447. I heard what I heard, sir.
- 448. It seems there are different rules
for different pirates.
- 449. And the ocean is blue.
- 450. - Is there anything else?
- It's just...
- 451. I signed an oath to protect people,
- 452. to treat everyone equally under the law.
- 453. And if that's not the case...
- 454. maybe I'm not meant to be a Marine.
- 455. Hmm.
- 456. Have a seat, son.
- 457. I joined the Marines over 50 years ago.
- 458. A green recruit like yourself.
- 459. I came in with simple ideals,
but I had to adapt,
- 460. because the world is not a simple place.
- 461. The same set of laws
do not apply to everyone.
- 462. But that's not fair.
- 463. No, it's not.
- 464. But you have to decide
if you can live with that.
- 465. I could've been fleet admiral by now,
- 466. but I always turned down the promotion.
Do you know why?
- 467. Because I'd have to do things their way.
- 468. I'd lose my freedom.
- 469. Do you understand?
- 470. Yes, sir.
- 471. The world is not fair.
- 472. But the Marines are all that are standing
between order and anarchy.
- 473. So, let me ask you...
- 474. can you live with that?
- 475. I think so.
- 476. Hmm.
- 477. That uniform.
- 478. It's starting to fit you after all.
- 479. And then they aimed
their biggest, baddest cannons at us.
- 480. But I wasn't scared,
- 481. being that I'm the best shot
in the East Blue.
- 482. So I fired at 'em.
- 483. And again.
- 484. And again.
- 485. Boom, boom, boom.
- 486. Down goes their yard.
Marines dead in the water.
- 487. All thanks to the great Captain Usopp.
- 488. So,
- 489. you're the captain?
- 490. Well, technically, no.
- 491. But I did distract them so that Luffy,
- 492. who's, like, the official captain,
- 493. could bounce that ball back. Boom.
- 494. I should very much like
to meet this Luffy.
- 495. Sure.
- 496. Heck, come meet the whole crew.
- 497. Guys, meet my new best friend.
- 498. - What did you say your name was again?
- Which one of you is Monkey D. Luffy?
- 499. Who wants to know?
- 500. You're Dracule Mihawk.
- 501. I have business with your captain.
- 502. If you know what's good for you,
you'll hand him over.
- 503. We don't know anyone named Luffy.
- 504. Zoro?
- 505. I've been following your career
since I was a child.
- 506. - It's an honor to finally meet you, sir.
- Thank you.
- 507. Which is why it pains me
- 508. to inform you that tomorrow...
- 509. you're going to die.
- 510. Wait, what?
- 511. I, Roronoa Zoro, challenge you to a duel
- 512. to the death.
- 513. I've never heard of you.
- 514. They call me the Demon Pirate Hunter.
- 515. But my lifelong dream
is to best you in single combat
- 516. and become
the greatest swordsman in the world.
- 517. You're serious.
- 518. Accept my challenge.
- 519. You'll see how serious I am.
- 520. Very well.
- 521. Tomorrow at dawn.
- 522. And when I'm done with you, pirate hunter,
- 523. I'll take your captain.
- 524. What the hell did you just do?
- 525. Right, are we done yet?
- 526. You're lousy at it.
- 527. But at least you do as you're told
in this kitchen.
- 528. If you think Sanji's gonna give up
on his dream because of you,
- 529. then forget it.
- 530. - Excuse me?
- You heard me.
- 531. You may have banned him from the line,
but you can't stop him from cooking.
- 532. - Oh, really?
- Yeah, really.
- 533. This starving pirate washed up earlier,
and you know what Sanji did?
- 534. He cooked for him,
right here in your kitchen,
- 535. because your rules matter less to him
than making sure a hungry man got fed.
- 536. He did that, did he?
- 537. What a good kid.
- 538. Luffy, we've got a problem.
- 539. Maybe you can convince him
to call it off.
- 540. - I won't do that.
- Did you see the size of that guy's sword?
- 541. - He will slice you into sashimi.
- What's going on?
- 542. I'll tell you what's going on.
- 543. Your big, bad Marine grandpa
sent a Warlord of the Sea to bring you in,
- 544. and instead of
getting the hell out of here,
- 545. Zoro challenged him to a duel.
- 546. Which he accepted.
- 547. You are a fly to him.
Something to be swatted and forgotten.
- 548. - Not if I win.
- You're not going to.
- 549. - You don't know that.
- Guys, guys, maybe we need more drinks.
- 550. Tell your first mate
he'll get himself killed.
- 551. Tell your navigator to butt out.
- 552. Maybe this isn't such a great idea, Zoro.
- 553. When you met me tied up on that cross,
what did I say?
- 554. "What makes you think
I wanna play pirates?"
- 555. - No, the other thing.
- "I kill your kind for a living"?
- 556. No. Come...
- 557. Oh.
- 558. That you made a promise to someone
a long time ago
- 559. to be the world's greatest swordsman.
- 560. The only way to do that is to beat Mihawk
in a duel and take his title.
- 561. I intend to do just that.
- 562. Even if you die in the process?
- 563. Will you please do something?
- 564. It's his dream, Nami.
- 565. I can't get in the way
of somebody's dream.
- 566. What's it gonna take, huh?
- 567. You want me to say you're the best?
You're the best. Okay?
- 568. You're the best I've ever seen,
but you are not better than him.
- 569. And if you fight him tomorrow,
you're going to lose.
- 570. Why do you give a shit?
- 571. Because you're my friend, you idiot.
- 572. You said it yourself.
You don't have any friends.
- 573. Well,
- 574. coming aboard?
- 575. Monkey D. Luffy.
- 576. I'm surprised the Marines would require
my services for such a small package.
- 577. - Though I do like your hat.
- 578. Let's begin.
- 579. What is that? I'm here for a sword fight.
- 580. I don't hunt rabbits with a cannon.
- 581. I'm no rabbit.
- 582. That remains to be seen.
- 583. Got you on the run, huh?
- 584. Hardly.
- 585. You're strong.
- 586. But fighting isn't all about strength.
- 587. Stop talking and fight.
- 588. You're like a little frog
croaking in a well.
- 589. Croak. Croak. Croak.
- 590. One of us will become the world's
greatest swordsman to ever live.
- 591. Why don't you retreat?
- 592. I can't...
- 593. or my dream will be lost forever.
- 594. You're brave. I'll give you that.
- 595. So I'll do you the honor
of killing you with Yoru.
- 596. That's more like it.
- 597. Come on.
- 598. You're defeated.
Why do you persist?
- 599. Wounds on the back
are a swordsman's greatest shame.
- 600. Magnificent.
- 601. Zoro!
- 602. Monkey D. Luffy,
what's your goal?
- 603. I'm going to become
the King of the Pirates.
- 604. King of the Pirates, hey?
- 605. That's a much more treacherous path
than even defeating me.
- 606. I don't care.
- 607. It's what I'm going to do.
- 608. Hmm.
- 609. Maybe you will at that.
- 610. This world could use
a few more wild cards.
- 611. Roronoa Zoro,
- 612. it's too soon for you to die.
- 613. Grow strong and come find me.
- 614. I'll be waiting.
- 615. He's losing so much blood.
- 616. He's gonna be okay.
- 617. Hey, Zoro, can you hear me?
- 618. He said it's too soon for you to die.
- 619. Luffy.
- 620. If I fail to become
the world's greatest swordsman...
- 621. you'll be disappointed.
- 622. Right?
- 623. You could never fail me.
- 624. Never...
- 625. again.
- 626. From now...
- 627. until I beat him.
- 628. To become the greatest swordsman...
- 629. I will never lose again!
- 630. Zoro?
- 631. Zoro?
- 632. Zoro!