- 1. So this pirate butler,
he killed your friend's lawyer
- 2. and he's threatening to kill your friend?
- 3. My best friend, Kaya.
He's up to something.
- 4. Who pretends to be a butler anyway?
- 5. You're not actually buying any of this,
- 6. Well, I'm telling the truth.
Klahadore is a pirate. No, sorry. Kuro.
- 7. - His name is Captain Kuro.
- Ha! Now I know you're lying.
- 8. - Captain Kuro of the Black Cat Pirates?
- Yes. Long claws, tiny glasses.
- 9. Impossible. My father,
Axe-Hand Morgan, killed him years ago.
- 10. Any Marine worth their salt knows that.
- 11. No closer to finding Straw Hat
than we were hours ago.
- 12. Straw Hat? You mean Luffy?
- 13. Wait. You know Luffy?
- 14. My other, other best friend.
He's in trouble.
- 15. - Luffy's at the place?
- Yes! Aren't you listening to me?
- 16. Someone has to stop Kuro.
I can't do it by myself.
- 17. It's okay. We're here to help.
- 18. Isn't that right?
- 19. Well, yes.
- 20. By all means.
- 21. Lead the way.
- 22. Luffy.
- 23. Luffy.
- 24. Luffy!
- 25. Oh, come on.
- 26. Yes.
- 27. Do you understand?
- 28. I understand, sir.
- 29. I understand, sir.
- 30. I just left Miss Kaya in her room.
- 31. What is he doing here?
- 32. What's wrong with him?
- 33. Little guy couldn't get enough
of my latest recipe.
- 34. I was chasing that perfect balance
between bitter and savory.
- 35. Just wish I could've asked him
how it tasted.
- 36. - It tasted like poison, idiot.
- Not while I'm the cook.
- 37. You're not a cook.
I'm not a maid. We're pirates.
- 38. Sell yourself short, Sham,
but leave my cooking out of—
- 39. Enough!
- 40. I can't hear myself think
over your inbred nonsense!
- 41. Now, how much of the soup did he eat?
- 42. Uh...
- 43. All of it.
- 44. How fortuitous.
- 45. Go ahead and toss him in the well
with the green-haired oaf.
- 46. Aye aye, Captain.
- 47. And don't you dare track in mud
all over my floors again.
- 48. - Says the maid.
- 49. Who'd ring the bell at this hour?
- 50. Just stay put.
- 51. Understood?
- 52. Let's not allow the night
to get the better of us.
- 53. Marines?
- 54. Whatever could be the matter
at this time of night?
- 55. Sorry to bother you at such a late hour,
- 56. but we heard reports
of pirates in the area.
- 57. What? What are you talking about?
He is the pirate!
- 58. He murdered Merry!
Arrest him. What are you waiting for?
- 59. Oh dear.
- 60. I'm so sorry
if Usopp here has wasted your time.
- 61. You see, he's not well.
- 62. The entire village
has tried their utmost to help, but
- 63. the poor boy has been this way
ever since he was a child.
- 64. One lie bigger than the next.
- 65. He was never quite the same
after his mother's passing.
- 66. Leave my mother out of this.
- 67. His gloves! Check his gloves for blades.
- 68. Do you mind if we have a look?
Just to be certain.
- 69. Well...
- 70. I'm not sure where he gets these ideas.
- 71. A butler's gloves. Such an imagination.
- 72. I guess some fruit gets so bruised,
- 73. it can't help
but to be rotten at the core.
- 74. But, uh, I know what I saw.
- 75. All right. That's enough.
- 76. I thought we had a job to do.
- 77. We're looking for a fugitive.
Goes by the name of Luffy.
- 78. Luffy?
- 79. Luffy, why, yes, I do know that name.
- 80. Belongs to one of the lowly criminals
- 81. Usopp has introduced
to the lady of the house.
- 82. Horrible bunch. Drank the place dry.
- 83. I have one of the staff members
keeping an eye on him now.
- 84. Buchi, the Marines are here.
- 85. They've come to collect
the drunken Straw Hat Pirate.
- 86. Bring him to the front of the house
- 87. Marines.
- 88. - What are we gonna do?
- 89. But what if the Straw Hat talks?
- 90. He drank enough of that soup
to kill a sea beast.
- 91. Stick to the captain's plan.
- 92. Come on, sweetheart.
- 93. You've got it all wrong.
- 94. Luffy is a pirate, sure,
but not like Kuro.
- 95. It's... it's confusing, but please.
Kaya. Kaya's in danger!
- 96. Sorry, Usopp. You don't have any proof.
There's nothing I can do.
- 97. - What's wrong with him?
- 98. Insatiable appetite, I suppose.
- 99. Too much food, too much liquor.
- 100. But for a pirate, nothing is ever enough.
- 101. Good thing we have Marines like yourselves
to keep the East Blue safe.
- 102. Now, if that is all,
- 103. I really must return to my duties.
- 104. Wait. I just have a few more questions.
- 105. Of course.
- 106. - What was that?
- Old houses.
- 107. You know, they're just like us.
The older they get, the more they creak.
- 108. You sure?
- 109. It sounded like—
- 110. I shall stick to my expertise
and leave you to yours.
- 111. You do have your fugitive in hand
- 112. - He's lying. Everything he says—
- That's enough out of you.
- 113. Help! Please!
Pirates! Somebody, help!
- 114. Please, pirates! Someone, help, please!
- 115. Can't reason with madness.
- 116. Now, I really must return to my duties.
- 117. On behalf of the Marines, we thank—
- 118. Again!
- 119. Ah.
- 120. Fight!
- 121. Again!
- 122. Next!
- 123. You're dropping your elbow.
- 124. Just some friendly advice.
- 125. We're not friends, Kuina.
And I don't need advice from you.
- 126. Your movements say otherwise.
- 127. Have you learned anything
during your time here?
- 128. Don't mock me!
I'm the best fighter here other than you.
- 129. And one day, I'm gonna surpass you.
- 130. Then I'm gonna be
the world's greatest swordsman.
- 131. Maybe one day.
- 132. But not today.
- 133. I know why I can't beat you.
It's these bamboo swords.
- 134. Let's fight with real blades
to see who's best.
- 135. Fine.
- 136. Katanas it is.
- 137. But if you want to beat me,
- 138. you'd better be ready to kill me.
- 139. Okay. Plan B.
- 140. Kaya!
- 141. Kaya, hurry up! Let me in!
- 142. Open the window!
- 143. - Usopp?
- Yeah, hurry up.
- 144. Hurry up. Come on.
- 145. Kaya.
- 146. There's pirates in the house.
- 147. I know. You invited them.
- 148. No, not those pirates. The other pirates.
- 149. You're in danger.
- 150. - Usopp, you're not making any sense.
- Please, Kaya, we gotta get out of here.
- 151. I'm not going anywhere.
It's the middle of the night.
- 152. How about I ring for Klahadore?
We can have—
- 153. No, don't call Klahadore!
- 154. He's the one trying to hurt you.
- 155. He killed Merry.
- 156. Merry?
- 157. He was here only a few hours ago.
- 158. Yeah. Now he's dead.
- 159. Klahadore isn't a butler.
- 160. He's...
- 161. he's a vicious pirate.
- 162. Usopp, you're scaring me.
- 163. Klahadore gave up his life to care for me.
Why would he want to hurt me? Hurt Merry?
- 164. I... I don't know.
- 165. Maybe he wants your money.
- 166. Usopp.
- 167. Kaya,
- 168. please, just believe me.
- 169. You always believe me.
- 170. I believed your stories
because they were fun. This one isn't.
- 171. This isn't a story.
It's the truth. You gotta listen!
- 172. I don't think you know
what the truth is anymore.
- 173. I think you should go, Usopp.
- 174. - Kaya...
- 175. Just go.
- 176. No.
- 177. I'm done running.
- 178. I'm not leaving your side.
- 179. Not until I know you're safe.
- 180. Sham!
- 181. What the hell happened?
- 182. The orange-haired girl.
- 183. She was hiding.
- 184. She overheard everything.
- 185. And you let her get away?
- 186. She came out of nowhere.
- 187. The time for waiting is over.
- 188. Kaya is of age.
- 189. And we can finally put this farce to bed.
- 190. So we kill her now?
- 191. Yes, Buchi.
- 192. No more hiding who we are.
- 193. And to be absolutely certain
we're not interrupted,
- 194. lock the house down.
- 195. Yes, Captain.
- 196. What's that?
- 197. The security shutters.
- 198. My parents built them
to keep the pirates out.
- 199. But now they're keeping the pirates in...
- 200. Thank God you're still alive.
- 201. Why wouldn't we be alive?
- 202. Ah!
- 203. Poison?
- 204. What are you talking about?
- 205. I overheard them in the kitchen.
It's been going on for years.
- 206. - Did Usopp put you up to this?
- I didn't even know.
- 207. I gave you that tea.
- 208. Think about it, Kaya.
When did you start getting sick?
- 209. Was it around the time
Kuro started working here?
- 210. Listen to me.
- 211. If we stay here, we die.
We have to leave now.
- 212. Kaya.
- 213. Oh, Miss Kaya.
- 214. Kaya!
- 215. We're all alone now.
- 216. Why,
- 217. parents are gone.
- 218. Your friends are all gone.
- 219. Even Usopp is gone.
- 220. It's just you and me, Miss Kaya.
- 221. It's time
- 222. to wake up!
- 223. Where are we going?
- 224. We gotta get out of the house.
- 225. Another crank
can open the shutters.
- 226. It's in my parents' bedroom
in the east wing.
- 227. Are you sure?
Maybe there's another way.
- 228. This is the only option. We have to go—
- 229. There you are, Miss Kaya.
- 230. It's your birthday.
It's time to celebrate!
- 231. Run!
- 232. Ready to learn your lesson?
- 233. Not in this lifetime. Let's end this.
- 234. Two swords not enough?
- 235. Maybe you should've brought more.
- 236. You're dropping your elbow again.
- 237. Shut up and fight!
- 238. I can't beat you.
- 239. Just kill me.
- 240. I don't deserve to wield a sword.
- 241. Don't be an idiot.
- 242. You've always had raw skill.
- 243. And you'll only get better.
- 244. You'll surpass me
in size, strength, and speed.
- 245. Eventually,
- 246. you'll surpass me in everything.
- 247. That's dumb.
- 248. No, that's nature.
- 249. I'm small now.
- 250. And fast. But soon,
all the boys will get taller and stronger.
- 251. Their arms will be longer than mine.
- 252. Who cares about that kind of stuff?
- 253. Don't you get it?
- 254. Girls can beat boys,
- 255. but no woman can beat a man.
- 256. Don't say that.
- 257. Don't make excuses.
- 258. You're my goal.
- 259. If you just give up,
what has all our training been for?
- 260. Let's fight every day.
- 261. We'll keep getting better and stronger
until one of us becomes the greatest.
- 262. You'd do that for me?
- 263. I, Roronoa Zoro,
- 264. vow to fight, train,
and kick your butt every single day.
- 265. Then I, Shimotsuki Kuina,
- 266. vow to fight, train,
and kick your butt every single day.
- 267. If we keep that vow, one of us will become
the world's greatest swordsman...
- 268. Or woman.
- 269. to ever live.
- 270. I don't know.
Something feels really off about this.
- 271. You know, you're the only person I know
who'd actually feel bad
- 272. about capturing the fugitive
you're supposed to capture.
- 273. I know that Usopp guy might be full of it,
but that butler gives me the creeps.
- 274. Sure, take the side of the pirates.
- 275. I'm sure Garp would love that too.
- 276. It's not my fault I'm doing a good job,
- 277. and the Vice-Admiral sees it.
- 278. The only reason you're here is
'cause you're friends with that Straw Hat.
- 279. Garp doesn't believe in you.
- 280. He's using you.
- 281. No, he's not.
- 282. You're just jealous.
- 283. Doesn't make me wrong.
- 284. Meat.
- 285. What was that, Straw Hat?
- 286. You got something to say?
- 287. Oh.
- 288. Okay.
- 289. Big, creepy room. No problem.
- 290. It was a spider.
- 291. We treated him like family.
- 292. How did I not see it?
How did I not see him?
- 293. It's not your fault.
- 294. He took advantage of you.
- 295. Now, I need you to be strong
so we can get out of here.
- 296. What would they think of me?
- 297. - They'd be so disappointed.
- 298. No, they'd want you to survive,
- 299. and that is exactly
what we are going to do.
- 300. Pull.
- 301. Sensei.
- 302. I was just waiting for Kuina.
- 303. Do you know where she is?
- 304. Kuina is...
- 305. There was an accident.
- 306. She's...
- 307. She's gone.
- 308. But...
- 309. she can't be.
- 310. We made a promise.
- 311. We made a promise.
- 312. Sensei, please give me the honor
of allowing me to carry Kuina's sword.
- 313. The Wado Ichimonji is a rare blade.
- 314. Why should I allow you to carry it?
- 315. Because Kuina and I made a promise
- 316. that one of us would become the world's
greatest swordsman to ever live.
- 317. Then it's up to you
to fulfill that promise.
- 318. For you
- 319. and for her.
- 320. Koby.
- 321. I gotta go back.
- 322. The butler.
- 323. He's gonna kill Kaya,
and then he's gonna go after my crew.
- 324. I'm under direct orders to bring you in.
- 325. You said you wanted
to help innocent people.
- 326. Kaya's innocent.
- 327. You know what? Screw this.
- 328. Helmeppo, don't!
- 329. Father always said, "Dead pirate
weighs the same as a live one."
- 330. - Garp gave us strict orders.
- He gave you strict orders.
- 331. Start walking, pirate,
- 332. or die.
- 333. Hey, haircut.
- 334. Zoro!
- 335. - How'd you know where to find me?
- I didn't.
- 336. Thought I was headed to the house.
- 337. Hold it right there!
- 338. By order of the Marines,
I'm placing you under arrest.
- 339. Koby...
- 340. I know you've got a job to do...
- 341. but I'm gonna go back and help my friends.
- 342. So don't try to stop me.
- 343. God, this thing needs some oil.
- 344. No, it just needs a little elbow grease.
- 345. Kaya.
- 346. Oh, Miss Kaya.
- 347. Sounds like we have
a bigger rat problem than I thought.
- 348. Maybe we need a cat in the house.
- 349. Now, now, Kaya,
- 350. I know you're in here.
- 351. Come out. There's no point
in hiding who we are anymore.
- 352. Isn't it exhausting putting on airs,
- 353. pretending we're better than we are?
- 354. You've had every opportunity
this world has to offer.
- 355. What have you done with your life?
- 356. Nothing. Absolutely nothing!
- 357. You are a pathetic,
- 358. spoiled, sniveling little brat!
- 359. Oh, come now, Kaya.
- 360. Let's not make this
more difficult than it need be, hmm?
- 361. Just consider this payback
- 362. for all those years
spent listening to your incessant whining.
- 363. "Klahadore,
- 364. the soup's too hot."
- 365. "Bring my blanky, Klahadore."
- 366. "Make my tea. Brush my hair."
- 367. "Oh, Klahadore..."
- 368. "I miss my mommy and my daddy."
- 369. When all I wanted to do
was rip your tongue out!
- 370. Let's split up.
- 371. Where to look next?
- 372. Well, you always were Daddy's little girl,
- 373. even if he didn't have
enough time for you, hmm?
- 374. Don't.
- 375. I'm stronger than you think.
- 376. Too easy.
- 377. I thought we took out the trash.
- 378. Maybe this time, we keep his swords.
- 379. Ya!
- 380. Goodbye, Miss Kaya.
- 381. Ah.
- 382. These are my friends.
- 383. You don't get to mess with them.
- 384. You are annoyingly resilient.
- 385. Well,
- 386. I am made of rubber.
- 387. Ah!
- 388. Did you really think
you could get the best of me?
- 389. I'm Kuro of the Thousand Plans.
- 390. Usopp.
- 391. - Usopp. Usopp.
- 392. Then come out and fight me.
- 393. No, you poor, poor sap.
- 394. So you think you want to be a pirate?
- 395. I am a pirate.
- 396. And how long have you been on the seas?
A week? A month?
- 397. I was a captain for years,
- 398. and I never failed in a raid.
- 399. Not once.
- 400. And what did I get in return?
- 401. A life of worry
- 402. and a target on my back
as wide as the East Blue.
- 403. Is that what you want?
- 404. A lifetime of always
looking over your shoulder.
- 405. You'll never get
a peaceful night's rest
- 406. because someone's always waiting
to slit your throat.
- 407. Pirates, Marines.
- 408. Why, even your own crew.
- 409. Not my crew.
- 410. We've got each other's backs.
- 411. Always.
- 412. Ay!
- 413. Until the day they don't.
- 414. I've killed more crewmates
than I care to remember.
- 415. They're expendable.
Every single one of them.
- 416. Sham!
- 417. Being a pirate is not about
raiding villages or perfect plans.
- 418. It's about adventure.
- 419. And freedom.
- 420. Freedom?
- 421. There's no such thing
with a bounty on your head.
- 422. You gave up on your dream.
- 423. No one who does that
can ever call themselves a pirate.
- 424. Looks like you're the one giving up now.
- 425. No.
- 426. I'm done talking.
- 427. Now I'm listening.
- 428. Ah!
- 429. You didn't plan for that, did ya?
- 430. - Sham!
- 431. Gum Gum...
- 432. Bell!
- 433. Whoo!
- 434. I'm sorry about the mess.
- 435. You probably need some new staff.
- 436. I think I'm done with staff for a bit.
- 437. - Too bad we can't collect their bounty.
- No. No.
- 438. The Marines already know where we are.
We have to get out of here.
- 439. Where are we gonna go?
- 440. We don't even have a ship.
- 441. Yes,
- 442. you do.
- 443. Wow.
- 444. That looks just like your lawyer friend.
- 445. Merry ran the shipyard
after my parents passed.
- 446. He was their dearest colleague.
My oldest companion.
- 447. Then his memory will live on.
- 448. I hereby name this ship
- 449. the Going Merry!
- 450. It's yours now.
- 451. - Your new home.
- Thank you, Kaya.
- 452. Whoo!
- 453. Yeah! We did it!
- 454. Yeah!
- 455. Usopp!
- 456. What are you waiting for? Get your stuff.
- 457. What stuff?
- 458. You're coming with us. Right?
- 459. What?
- 460. Uh... uh...
- 461. No. I... I couldn't.
- 462. Just come on already.
- 463. I'm gonna need a great sharp shooter.
- 464. Just like Yasopp.
- 465. And I saw what you did back there.
Sticking up for your friends.
- 466. That's exactly the kind of guy
I need on my crew.
- 467. But...
- 468. I couldn't leave Syrup Village.
- 469. What... what about Kaya?
- 470. She needs me to take care of her.
- 471. Usopp,
- 472. you've been a great friend,
- 473. but I think it's time
I start taking care of myself.
- 474. But I said I'd never leave you.
- 475. And don't you need help with the shipyard?
- 476. The shipyard was my parents' dream.
- 477. I think I might do something different.
- 478. Like study to become a doctor.
- 479. So... I guess
- 480. this is goodbye.
- 481. I'll see you again someday.
- 482. And when I do,
- 483. I expect to hear all about
the real adventures of Captain Usopp.
- 484. They... they do know I'm the captain, right?
- 485. Let them have this one.
- 486. Hello.
- 487. Mmm.
- 488. Yahoo!
- 489. Yeah!
- 490. Oh.
- 491. I told you it would work out.
- 492. Yeah, well, don't get used to it.
- 493. Get used to what?
- 494. Being right.
- 495. I failed my first mission.
- 496. I failed to capture the target.
- 497. I didn't get Luffy.
- 498. It was just like you said.
I overthought it.
- 499. Don't be too hard on yourself.
- 500. You did exactly
what you were supposed to do.
- 501. Sir, I don't understand.
- 502. The real lesson here...
- 503. always have a back-up plan.
- 504. You flushed them out, son.
- 505. Sail ho!
Two points aft the starboard beam!
- 506. Mission accomplished.
- 507. Guys! Check it out.
- 508. Using my unparalleled artistic talent,
- 509. I made us a new Jolly Roger for the ship.
- 510. Ta-da!
- 511. I know. I know. My flair for design
often leaves people speechless.
- 512. - I already drew our flag.
- Okay, but this one is so much better.
- 513. Neither of the flags
are gonna scare anyone away.
- 514. Okay, but the Jolly Roger
is supposed to reflect the captain.
- 515. I am the captain.
- 516. - We are the Straw Hat crew.
- They call me Captain Usopp.
- 517. I am the captain.
Me, captain. Captain, me.
- 518. The captain is the one
that gets the ship
- 519. and knows the most about the ship.
- 520. I am—
- 521. Okay.
- 522. You see?
- 523. This is what it's all about.
- 524. From now on,
it's all gonna be smooth sailing.
- 525. What was that?
- 526. - You had to open your mouth.
- 527. Marines! We're under attack!
- 528. Let's put one off their stern rail.
- 529. Grandpa?
- 530. Grandpa?