- 1. You want trouble?
- 2. You just found it.
- 3. Gum Gum... Pistol!
- 4. Luffy, can't you practice somewhere else?
- 5. I can fix it. Got any glue?
- 6. It's not the chair I'm worried about.
- 7. You need to be careful
with your new abilities.
- 8. I know it's exciting,
- 9. but there might be some people who'll be
afraid of you now that you're... different.
- 10. I like being different.
- 11. These Devil Fruit powers are gonna make me
the greatest pirate ever.
- 12. Luffy,
- 13. what do you know about Devil Fruits?
- 14. They don't taste very good.
- 15. No two are the same.
- 16. You see, they each grant you
a unique ability,
- 17. but there's a reason
they're called Devil Fruits.
- 18. It's because of the deal you make
when you eat one.
- 19. Mother Ocean turns her back on you,
and the sea can take away your strength.
- 20. All I know is
that the Gum Gum Fruit is worth more
- 21. than all of Shanks's treasure,
- 22. and I ate it, so that makes me worth more.
- 23. You ever heard,
"There's no such thing as a free lunch?"
- 24. Is it lunchtime?
- 25. How about you put my chair back together
and I'll see what I can find?
- 26. Shanks! You gotta see
what I can do now. Gum Gum—
- 27. Luffy, no!
I'm running out of furniture.
- 28. I'd listen to the lady, Luffy. Are these—
- 29. Couple more in the back.
- 30. You have to let me join your crew.
I'm tougher than ever.
- 31. Just because you're made of rubber
does not mean you're invincible.
- 32. I'll do anything.
I won't take up much space.
- 33. Makino came through, Captain.
- 34. Enough supplies
for a few months then some.
- 35. Come on, man.
- 36. A few months?
- 37. Are you going after the One Piece?
- 38. - Yeah, as soon as we resupply.
- When will you be back?
- 39. We're not coming back.
- 40. What did you tell him?
- 41. The truth.
- 42. Can you not do... that?
- 43. Sorry. It's hard to sit still.
- 44. I'm feeling so... so piratey.
- 45. Yeah? Well,
you're gonna end up feeling watery
- 46. if I have to throw you overboard.
- 47. I told you I need absolute silence.
- 48. I know. I know. Absolute silence.
- 49. It's just that
- 50. this is my first real pirate score.
- 51. Can you believe that?
- 52. Yeah, I can,
- 53. because you told me
right after you asked me,
- 54. yet again, to join your crew.
- 55. We do make a pretty good team.
- 56. Is it open yet?
- 57. No. And can you please give me
some quiet and some space?
- 58. Hey.
- 59. Not cool.
- 60. Don't mess with my hat.
- 61. Why do you care so much
about that old thing?
- 62. It looks like
you fished it out of the trash.
- 63. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
- 64. Will you two knock it off?
I'm trying to take a nap.
- 65. Oh, I'm sorry.
Were we interrupting your beauty sleep?
- 66. Don't like what you see? Look away.
- 67. You did it!
- 68. That's it? Isn't there supposed to be
gold inside a safe?
- 69. Or jewels?
- 70. This is more valuable than gold.
- 71. - This is a map to the Grand Line.
- The Grand Line.
- 72. Ah.
- 73. The Grand Line is just right...
- 74. Where is it exactly?
- 75. You're going there,
but you don't know where it is?
- 76. Guess I need a navigator on my crew.
- 77. The seas are divided into four quadrants.
- 78. East Blue, North Blue, West, South.
- 79. This thin strip of land
that circles the globe
- 80. is called the Red Line,
- 81. and this band across the middle
is the Grand Line.
- 82. A treacherous stretch of ocean
with bigger islands,
- 83. bigger cities, bigger pirates.
- 84. Flush with riches
and ripe for the picking.
- 85. And that's where we're gonna find
the One Piece.
- 86. I've taken out a lot of pirates
looking for that thing.
- 87. What is it?
Like, a big diamond or something?
- 88. It's Gold Roger's treasure.
- 89. He hid it somewhere in the Grand Line.
All in one piece.
- 90. It's a myth.
- 91. The reason no one's found it in 22 years
is that it doesn't exist.
- 92. Can't wait to see the look on your face
when we find it.
- 93. - Is that the Marines?
- How did they find us?
- 94. This smoke smells weird.
- 95. Raise...
- 96. Hey.
- 97. Zoro.
- 98. They took my swords.
- 99. And my rucksack, ugh,
with all my navigation gear.
- 100. - They didn't take my hat.
- Yeah, small blessings.
- 101. Damn it, we've lost the map.
- 102. No.
- 103. No, we didn't.
- 104. It's in a safe place.
- 105. Ew. Hey.
- 106. Stop. Stop that. Stop that.
- 107. - What? I'm trying to find a way out.
- We've been captured. We need a plan.
- 108. I don't need a plan. I just need to beat
the hell out of every Marine I see.
- 109. Hey, everyone, relax. We're fine.
- 110. We're not fine. The Marines
will throw us in jail if we're lucky.
- 111. Execute us if they don't.
- 112. They... they are not Marines.
- 113. Before I got knocked out,
I saw a Jolly Roger.
- 114. - We've been captured by pirates.
- That's much better news.
- 115. No, he's right. Marines have training.
Pirates are easier to kill.
- 116. Shanks used to say not every situation
can be solved with violence.
- 117. Who the hell is Shanks?
- 118. We don't need to fight.
- 119. I can talk to them. Pirate to pirate.
- 120. That won't work.
- 121. - Why not?
- To start, you're not a pirate.
- 122. - Yes, I am.
- 123. You are some stretchy guy
in a tattered hat.
- 124. I'm a different kind of pirate.
- 125. Pirates are pirates.
There's only one kind.
- 126. - Yeah!
- 127. No. No, no, no, no.
- 128. Stop clapping!
- 129. No, stop! It's all wrong!
- 130. The spotlight was late.
You completely missed my entrance.
- 131. And where, oh, where
- 132. was the dancing
- 133. lion?
- 134. Hey, I know you.
- 135. I saw your wanted poster in Shells Town.
You're the clown guy.
- 136. Um, uh...
- 137. - Binky, right?
- 138. Buggy the Clown.
- 139. Buggy, the Flashy Fool.
- 140. Buggy,
- 141. the Genius Jester.
- 142. Wow.
- 143. You have a lot of names.
- 144. I bet everyone in the East Blue
knows who you are.
- 145. What did you just say?
- 146. Just that everyone
knows who you are.
- 147. Nose?
- 148. Are you making fun of my nose?
- 149. Well... I wasn't.
- 150. But now that you mention it,
is that thing for real?
- 151. What's real is
I've been scheming for months
- 152. to steal that map from old Axe-Hand Moron...
- 153. Huh?
- 154. Eh.
- 155. only to find out
- 156. that I was upstaged
by three little nobodies,
- 157. who stole it from right out under my no—
- 158. No! It's in my head now.
- 159. Ah!
- 160. Hey, I'm not a nobody.
- 161. I'm Monkey D. Luffy.
- 162. And I will be King of the Pirates.
- 163. Oh!
- 164. Now that's funny.
- 165. My bounty poster
- 166. graces the marquee
of every Marine outpost for miles.
- 167. And my menagerie of outcasts and freaks
- 168. is the most dreaded pirate crew
the East Blue has ever known.
- 169. I am destined to find the One Piece.
- 170. And when I do...
- 171. I will be king.
- 172. No, you won't,
- 173. 'cause I'm gonna find it first.
- 174. You? Don't make me laugh.
- 175. - I said don't make me laugh!
- All right, listen up.
- 176. I'm Roronoa Zoro.
- 177. Drop your weapons now
and I may let you live.
- 178. Ladies and gentlemen,
- 179. we have a celebrity in our midst.
- 180. Too bad I hate sharing the spotlight.
- 181. Now, maybe we should skip
right to the finale.
- 182. My freaks put quite a bit of rehearsal
time into this little abduction.
- 183. And if I can't reward them with that map...
- 184. I suppose I'll have to offer them
a pound of flesh instead.
- 185. Wait. Wait. What if I have
something else to offer you?
- 186. Something more valuable than the map?
- 187. What if I give you
a new freak for your crew?
- 188. A rare talent. The most spectacular act
in all of the East Blue.
- 189. Besides you, of course.
- 190. Go on.
- 191. Hey!
- 192. Oh my God.
- 193. Get—
- 194. What did you do?
- 195. What did you do to their town?
You destroyed everything!
- 196. Not everything.
- 197. I let 'em keep their hands.
- 198. Okay.
- 199. Here end the theatrics.
- 200. I know one of you has my map,
and I'm gonna get it back.
- 201. What was it you said, Rubber Boy?
That it was in a safe place?
- 202. Don't look so surprised.
- 203. I've got eyes and ears everywhere.
- 204. So please make our guests uncomfortable
in the green room.
- 205. I am gonna have a chat
with my stretchy new pal.
- 206. Hut!
- 207. Who's that?
- 208. Don't you know anything?
- 209. That's Vice-Admiral Garp.
Hero of the Marines.
- 210. The man that captured Gold Roger.
- 211. The attack came
without warning, sir.
- 212. The vicious Devil Fruit eater and his crew
stormed the base,
- 213. killing innocent Marines.
- 214. Turns out they had help
from a network of traitors.
- 215. - That's not what happened.
- Sh! No talking.
- 216. They would've overrun the base. Once
they saw my axe, they ran off in fear.
- 217. Was that before or after you let them
steal a map to the Grand Line?
- 218. That was regrettable.
- 219. I had to make a decision
and opted for the welfare of my Marines.
- 220. It's a good thing
they had you at the helm.
- 221. What steps are you taking
to apprehend these pirates?
- 222. Well, we're scouring the surrounding seas.
- 223. Of course, they wouldn't have gotten away
- 224. if my useless son
had been able to prevent their escape.
- 225. He probably would've been killed
- 226. if not for the bravery
of our newly-enlisted cadet.
- 227. - Newly enlisted?
- Just this morning. Sir.
- 228. Make no mistake, sir, I won't rest
- 229. until I have every one of those pirates
hanging in my yard.
- 230. Give it a rest.
Those ropes are too strong, even for you.
- 231. I've got out of worse.
- 232. When I ran out of the tent,
I... saw a town or...
- 233. what was left of one
after Buggy destroyed it.
- 234. You mean, when you tried
to leave us for dead?
- 235. We were surrounded and unarmed.
You were picking a fight you couldn't win.
- 236. I know your type.
If there's nothing to gain, you're out.
- 237. Says the wandering bounty hunter,
trading lives for a handful of Berry.
- 238. - I serve a purpose.
- Sure you do.
- 239. - I think I can get us out of here.
- You mean get yourself out of here.
- 240. That's fair, but I'm going
to need you to trust me.
- 241. Just like a thief to lie to my face
and ask me to believe her.
- 242. You got any other options?
- 243. Fine. Just tell me what we're gonna do.
- 244. What we've been doing.
- 245. - Waiting to make sure we're alone.
- You have a lock pick?
- 246. I have four lock picks.
- 247. The clowns only found three.
- 248. Better work faster.
- 249. I want you to think of this
like an artistic exercise,
- 250. because pain leads to art.
- 251. And art reveals truth.
- 252. But there's only one truth
I need from this exercise.
- 253. Where
- 254. is
- 255. my...
- 256. map?
- 257. Truthfully?
- 258. I'm... I'm kind of hungry.
- 259. Don't circuses have cotton candy?
- 260. What could you possibly
need that map for anyway?
- 261. You wouldn't last five minutes
in the Grand Line.
- 262. I already told you.
I'm gonna be King of the Pir—
- 263. Boring!
- 264. Let's go another ten feet.
- 265. You can stretch me all you want.
- 266. I can do this all day.
- 267. I'm not asking the right questions.
- 268. We need to go deeper,
get you out of your comfort zone.
- 269. What makes a boy want to grow up
to be King of the Pirates?
- 270. Who are you trying to impress?
- 271. A lost love?
- 272. An absent parent?
- 273. Or was it someone
- 274. that you worshiped?
- 275. A false idol.
- 276. That's it.
- 277. Hey, give me back my hat!
- 278. I used to know a pirate
that wore a hat just like this.
- 279. Red-Haired Shanks.
- 280. You knew Shanks?
- 281. Ginger? Three scars, left eye?
- 282. We served together on a pirate crew
when we were about your age.
- 283. For a time,
I even thought we were friends.
- 284. Until he betrayed me.
- 285. Just like all the others.
- 286. He wanted to keep me out of the spotlight!
- 287. He wanted to keep my star
from shining too brightly!
- 288. Is that what he did to you, Rubber Boy?
- 289. Did Shanks betray you too?
- 290. Don't talk about him that way.
- 291. Ah.
- 292. Now we are finally getting to the truth.
- 293. Stretch him until he breaks.
- 294. Please, don't make me do this.
- 295. I invite you
- 296. to take part
in the splendor that is my show
- 297. and this is how you repay me?
- 298. With a "no"?
- 299. You've destroyed our town.
- 300. Made us your prisoners. Isn't that enough?
- 301. Well, maybe you'd prefer it
- 302. if I threw one of your constituents
on the rack instead.
- 303. Hey, kid!
- 304. You want to get tall fast?
- 305. Boogie, I'm warning you.
- 306. It's Buggy!
- 307. And you're warning me?
- 308. Now that's a laugh.
- 309. I said that's a laugh.
- 310. - Put him down.
- But why?
- 311. He's having such a great time.
- 312. Aren't you, junior?
- 313. Yes. The best, Buggy.
- 314. - Gum Gum...
- 315. Pistol!
- 316. Hi.
- 317. Well, well, well,
- 318. looks like we have
something else in common.
- 319. You ate a Devil Fruit?
- 320. The Chop Chop Fruit.
- 321. So you can slice me and you can dice me,
- 322. but I'll always put myself
back together again.
- 323. Want to see what else I can do?
- 324. - What?
- This is my life now.
- 325. You want to trade places?
- 326. Someone's coming.
- 327. I need more time. Keep them talking.
- 328. I don't talk. I hit things.
- 329. - Remember me?
- 330. Must be some other
homicidal, unicycle-riding clown.
- 331. I've been thinking about you for years.
- 332. About how you killed my brother.
- 333. I killed a lot of pirates.
- 334. My name is Cabaji,
- 335. and a couple of years ago,
you hunted us across the Goa Kingdom.
- 336. Followed us for weeks
through the swamp lands,
- 337. day and night, never relenting,
- 338. like some kind of demon.
- 339. Still not ringing a bell.
- 340. You cut off his head
and you stuffed it in a bag,
- 341. all for a few Berry.
- 342. Okay, that does sound like me.
- 343. Let's see if you can keep your head.
- 344. Come in, cadet. Have a seat.
- 345. Yes, sir.
- 346. Something wrong with your uniform, son?
- 347. No, sir.
- 348. - It's just a little too big.
- Are you sure that's all it is, cadet?
- 349. The Marine insignia,
it's not for everyone, you know.
- 350. It's only my first day, sir.
- 351. That's not what this is about.
- 352. We both know you don't belong here.
- 353. Being a Marine, it's all I've ever wanted.
- 354. And I want to believe you,
but your story doesn't add up.
- 355. Sir...
- 356. How long have you been working
with the pirates who attacked this base?
- 357. What? No, sir. I'm not.
- 358. You were seen with one of them
- 359. at the local tavern.
- 360. Time to start telling the truth, cadet.
- 361. Or we'll have you hanging
on one of those crosses out in the yard.
- 362. I was held captive
by a pirate named Alvida.
- 363. I was her prisoner.
- 364. It was horrible.
- 365. - Then he saved me.
- 366. Luffy.
- 367. The Straw Hat Pirate?
- 368. You say his name is...
- 369. is Luffy?
- 370. Yes, sir.
- 371. What's your part in all this?
- 372. - Why are you pretending to be a Marine?
- I'm not pretending.
- 373. Being a Marine is my dream.
- 374. Marines make the world a better place.
One where people can feel safe.
- 375. That's what I told Luffy.
- 376. - And he set me free.
- Did he now?
- 377. Why didn't you tell anyone about this?
- 378. I was worried they wouldn't let me enlist.
- 379. Then my dream would be over.
- 380. Telling the truth
- 381. is a core value of the Marines.
- 382. - Isn't that right, Bogard?
- Yes, sir.
- 383. One that seems to be lacking
at this particular base.
- 384. One last question.
- 385. This, uh,
- 386. Straw Hat Pirate...
- 387. do you owe him any allegiance?
- 388. He's a pirate.
- 389. Pirates should face justice.
- 390. Good.
- 391. Then we'll find him together.
- 392. All right, here we go!
- 393. I know you're upset,
but you should eat something.
- 394. I'm not hungry.
- 395. You're never not hungry. What's going on?
- 396. I thought this shithole
was supposed to be popular.
- 397. We never got our drinks.
- 398. We are still very, very thirsty.
- 399. Get out!
- 400. You're not welcome here.
- 401. - You made a fool out of Shanks!
- 402. You said something, brat?
- 403. You want to talk like a man, you better
be ready to back it up like a man.
- 404. - Let me go!
- Please stop. He's just a boy.
- 405. He's just a boy who needs to learn
respect for his betters.
- 406. Good luck.
- 407. I've been trying
to teach him that for months.
- 408. Shanks?
- 409. - Look, boys, the janitor is back.
- 410. Just as I was about to make a mess.
- 411. Put him down.
- 412. This little shit?
- 413. You're lucky I don't slit his throat.
- 414. You can spill a drink on me
and I'll let it slide.
- 415. But don't you ever threaten my friends.
- 416. Kill them.
- 417. Get some.
- 418. Where's Luffy?
- 419. Don't bother. It's seawater.
- 420. Ah!
- 421. Hardly seems fair.
- 422. All those wonderful powers
rendered useless from a few splashes.
- 423. Of course, you could always give me my map
- 424. if you don't want to die
alone in this tank.
- 425. My crew...
- 426. Your crew?
- 427. You mean the ones that abandoned you?
- 428. Just like Shanks did.
- 429. Oh, did that make you sad?
- 430. They will come back for me.
- 431. No one's coming for you.
- 432. Your only chance is to turn over that map,
and if you do,
- 433. I may have a very special place on my crew
- 434. just for you.
- 435. Never!
- 436. Why not?
- 437. Ah!
- 438. God!
- 439. You're an outcast,
just like the rest of us.
- 440. A freak, scorned and abandoned!
- 441. Join me...
- 442. and you can serve the man
- 443. who will become the King of the Pirates.
- 444. When I have that map,
- 445. I will find the One Piece,
- 446. and then everyone will know my name.
- 447. And they'll love me.
- 448. You can't make people love you.
- 449. Just like you can't make them smile.
- 450. I'll never give you that map.
- 451. Well, then...
- 452. I guess it's curtains for you.
- 453. Shanks is gonna grind you up
and make bandit sausage.
- 454. - You're gonna wish you were never born.
- Believe me, I wish that already.
- 455. He's gonna kick your ass.
There's nowhere you can hide.
- 456. Enough, brat!
- 457. You really think anyone is coming for you?
- 458. They don't care.
- 459. And no one...
- 460. no one is gonna miss you when you're dead.
- 461. Luffy, can you hear me?
- 462. Ah! Shanks!
- 463. Get lost.
- 464. Come here.
- 465. No.
- 466. Shanks, your arm!
- 467. It's my fault.
- 468. - It's all my fault!
- It's only an arm.
- 469. I'm just glad that you're okay.
- 470. - Don't touch my hat!
- What was that?
- 471. I... I couldn't hear you
over all the drowning.
- 472. You really don't fear death, do you?
- 473. No. I just don't fear you.
- 474. You know, I'm gonna enjoy this.
- 475. As soon as Captain Buggy's finished
with you, you're mine.
- 476. Uh, tempting as that sounds,
I'm not sticking around.
- 477. Really? Got somewhere else to be?
- 478. Didn't used to think so.
- 479. But Luffy changed that.
- 480. That simpleton in a straw hat.
Don't tell me you actually believe in him?
- 481. I don't need to. He believes in himself.
- 482. It rubs off.
- 483. - And one more thing.
- 484. Don't turn around.
- 485. What's the plan?
- 486. You do have a plan, right?
That's your thing, plans.
- 487. I say
- 488. we beat the hell
out of every clown we see.
- 489. You want out?
You know the price you have to pay.
- 490. Where are my freaks?
- 491. They're not coming.
- 492. My map!
- 493. My hat.
- 494. You want a piece of me?
Let's see what you got.
- 495. Surprise, shithead!
- 496. How do I slice a guy
who's already in pieces?
- 497. This is not part of the plan.
- 498. Ah!
- 499. Ah.
- 500. Would you look at that?
- 501. Somebody escaped my Tank of Doom.
- 502. Well, I'll be back to finish you off.
- 503. Right after I tear apart
your sad excuse for a crew.
- 504. You can dump seawater on me,
- 505. and I'll let it slide.
- 506. But don't you ever threaten my friends.
- 507. So you want to die first?
- 508. Be my guest.
- 509. Chop-Chop Cannon!
- 510. Ah!
- 511. Ah!
- 512. Ah!
- 513. Nami! The crates!
- 514. Damn it!
- 515. What have you done to me?
- 516. Cut you down to size.
- 517. The One Piece will never be yours.
- 518. You're just a sad, lonely little boy
wearing another man's hat!
- 519. I know exactly who I am.
- 520. I am Monkey D. Luffy.
- 521. And I'm gonna be King of the Pirates.
- 522. Gum Gum...
- 523. Whoa, whoa, whoa,
whoa, whoa, whoa! No, no, no!
- 524. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.
- 525. Bazooka!
- 526. You're giving this to me?
- 527. You're the navigator.
- 528. Let's get out of this clown show.
- 529. Still one more thing we have to do.
- 530. Are you our new captors?
- 531. What?
- 532. Well, you're a pirate, aren't you?
- 533. I'm a different kind of pirate.
- 534. My fellow Marines,
- 535. corruption rots like old fruit,
spoiling all it touches.
- 536. The men and women of this base
have not failed the Marines.
- 537. But their leadership has.
- 538. Since the execution of Gold Roger,
- 539. we have been fighting
an unending war against piracy,
- 540. but we are not fighting the right battle.
- 541. We can take their ships,
their weapons, and even their lives,
- 542. but we cannot win
if we do not take away their dreams.
- 543. This is why I am personally
leading a mission
- 544. to hunt down
the pirates who attacked this base.
- 545. And I am taking
this squadron of new cadets with me.
- 546. Together, we will show these pirates,
and all pirates,
- 547. that there are consequences
for their actions,
- 548. and we are that consequence.
- 549. For honor.
- 550. For honor!
- 551. - For justice.
- For justice!
- 552. For the Marines.
- 553. For the Marines!
- 554. We don't have much,
- 555. but please, take this
as a token of our... of our gratitude.
- 556. You need it more than we do.
- 557. Well...
- 558. maybe just a snack.
- 559. - Bye.
- 560. - Bye.
- Thank you so much.
- 561. Bye. Thank you.
- 562. Thank you all for your hospitality
and the food and the drink.
- 563. We'll savor it as long as we can.
- 564. And with Lucky Roux,
that should be about three hours.
- 565. - If you're lucky!
- 566. I think I'll miss you most of all, Luffy.
- 567. You were right, Shanks.
- 568. Back when you wouldn't let me
join your crew.
- 569. - I'm not ready.
- 570. But when I am,
- 571. I'm gonna be a pirate captain
- 572. with my own ship and a crew
that will always have each other's backs.
- 573. We're gonna be the greatest pirates
the world has ever seen.
- 574. Even greater than your crew.
- 575. I'm gonna find the One Piece
and become King of the Pirates!
- 576. Greater than even us, huh?
- 577. Well, in that case...
- 578. This hat is the most precious thing I own.
It means the world to me.
- 579. And I want you to take it.
- 580. When we meet again,
you can give it back to me.
- 581. But only after you become a great pirate.
- 582. That'll be our promise.
- 583. Be good, Luffy.
- 584. Almost finished.
- 585. You fixed it.
- 586. Thanks.
- 587. Well, you said
it was your treasure, right?
- 588. Is every day gonna be this crazy with you?
- 589. Shanks always said...
- 590. that if the path to what you want
seems too easy...
- 591. then you're on the wrong path.
- 592. This Shanks guy sounds all right.
- 593. Next stop,
- 594. the Grand Line!
- 595. It's me.
- 596. You can tell him I have the map.