- 1. You're still grounded.
- 2. You know why.
- 3. Now, I have to pop out to turn in
some work, but don't get any ideas.
- 4. I don't want you leaving
this building at all today. Got it?
- 5. Yes.
- 6. Look, I've been here before.
- 7. I got into trouble too
when I was your age.
- 8. - And I… I know it's no fun.
- So, stop it then!
- 9. You're just doing it to be mean!
- 10. I am doing it for your own good!
- 11. You lied to me, Hilda and…
- 12. You need to learn
that actions have consequences.
- 13. I'll see you later.
- 14. Is it for my own good
- 15. or is she just doing what she thinks
a parent is supposed to do?
- 16. This is going to be one boring day.
- 17. Got any twos?
- 18. Oh, it's just Mr. Ostenfeld.
- 19. - What is it?
- 20. Mr. Ostenfeld! He disappeared!
- 21. He's right there.
- 22. He re-appeared!
- 23. He was gone and then back again,
in the blink of an eye!
- 24. Hmm. Perhaps, you just blinked your eyes.
- 25. We have to investigate!
- 26. Ugh! You are aware that you're grounded?
- 27. Unjustly grounded.
- 28. Come on, Alfur,
you wouldn't tell on me, would you?
- 29. Uh-huh.
- 30. Traitor!
- 31. But Johanna made me sign a pledge
to tell her if you left the building!
- 32. I don't think
I have to leave the building.
- 33. - I'll just go downstairs.
- 34. I suppose that is
within the letter of the law,
- 35. if not the spirit.
- 36. And isn't that
what's most important to elves?
- 37. All right, Hilda.
Downstairs, but no further.
- 38. And I'm… I'm coming with you.
- 39. She never waits.
- 40. What do we have here?
- 41. Hey! Hey!
- 42. Wait, surely you're not considering…
- 43. Ah! Hilda! The postal regulations!
- 44. Ooh! “Trolberg Digest.”
- 45. - That's an oldie.
- 46. Ah!
- 47. What just happened?
- 48. Uh, well, apparently,
you opened a magazine
- 49. and renovated the lobby of your building.
- 50. This magazine is nearly 50 years old.
- 51. Hmm. And so is the upholstery pattern
on this chair.
- 52. Everything that looked old,
looks new again.
- 53. Alfur, I think we're in the past!
- 54. Oh, dear.
- 55. - Come on!
- No! Stop!
- 56. I'm not going to let you leave!
- 57. Oh…
- 58. Hilda!
- 59. This is my street?
- 60. - Whoa!
- Enid Hallgrimm!
- 61. Don't dawdle.
- 62. Miss Hallgrimm?
- 63. Hilda, I must point out
in the strongest terms,
- 64. that you have left your building!
- 65. But not on the day I'm grounded.
- 66. Ugh! That's a fair point.
- 67. My, you're good with loopholes.
- 68. Well, now there's only one thing to do…
- 69. - make the time travel chart!
- 70. It's Mr. Ostenfeld!
- 71. Two of him?
- 72. How many are there?
- 73. Six. No… seven.
- 74. Mysterious.
- 75. Aah!
- 76. In you go.
- 77. - Uh…
- We're brothers.
- 78. Hmm?
- 79. Mm.
- 80. Oop. You're a bit young
for the night life.
- 81. Best you run on home.
- 82. Not bad advice, really.
- 83. Hmm…
- 84. Wow! Fancy.
- 85. They're watching that guy.
- 86. He's got the same magazine!
- 87. We must've traveled back
to the exact date of this issue.
- 88. Ooh! I'll add that information
to my time travel chart.
- 89. Thank you.
- 90. These two are clearly
meant to be together.
- 91. Well, the Ostenfelds didn't like that.
- 92. Hey! That's my neighbor's kid!
- 93. She doesn't belong here!
- 94. - I think it's time to go!
- 95. - Yeah!
- 96. - Whoa!
- Get back here!
- 97. Phew! That was close.
- 98. Now how does this thing work?
- 99. Phew.
- 100. Whoa!
- 101. You've wasted one of my magazines!
- 102. And they only work once!
- 103. Duly noted.
- 104. Why are you spying on me?
- 105. I think the bigger question is…
why were you all spying on that guy?
- 106. I'm allowed!
- 107. That guy was me!
- 108. You?
- 109. It was one of the best nights of my life.
- 110. I went out expecting to listen
to some music, but instead…
- 111. I met… her.
- 112. The night flew by all too quickly,
- 113. and I wanted to see her again,
but I didn't want to seem too eager.
- 114. No… I was afraid.
- 115. I let the moment pass.
- 116. I… I thought I would get another chance,
- 117. but… I never even got her name.
- 118. For decades, I tried to recapture
that night in any way I could.
- 119. So, when I found an advertisement
to send away for old magazines,
- 120. I ordered the one
I was reading that night.
- 121. - And when I opened it…
- How does it work?
- 122. I don't know.
- 123. But each copy only works once.
- 124. So, I ordered more.
- 125. And now I can finally see her again.
- 126. Even if it means watching that moment
slip through my fingers.
- 127. What about the other yous?
- 128. My previous trips.
- 129. I try to space out my visits
so I don't add up too fast.
- 130. Have you ever tried to… change things?
- 131. The past is the past,
you don't mess with it.
- 132. There's always consequences.
- 133. He has a point.
- 134. There must be a reason the magazines
keep taking you back there
- 135. and it isn't just to… lurk.
- 136. Maybe they want you to do something?
- 137. Oh… I don't know.
- 138. If you don't do it, I will!
- 139. No!
- 140. Stop!
- 141. Stop her!
- 142. Huh?
- 143. Where'd she go?
- 144. - I think she went this way!
- No, no, she went that way!
- 145. Thanks for a lovely evening.
- 146. Oh, um, you're welcome.
- 147. I mean… thank you!
- 148. Well, all right then.
- 149. Good night.
- 150. Good night.
- 151. - Mr. Ostenfeld!
- 152. How do you know my name?
- 153. That's not important.
- 154. What matters is you've got
to make plans to see her again.
- 155. - Now!
- But that's so forward.
- 156. You won't get another chance.
- 157. Seize the moment,
or you'll regret it the rest of your life.
- 158. But… I…
- 159. Trust me.
- 160. - Go!
- 161. Hurry!
- 162. Yes!
- 163. He did it!
- 164. I did it!
- 165. I never knew I had it in me!
- 166. Hilda?
- 167. Uh, I… Are you?
- 168. She must be your previous trip.
- 169. This is weird.
- 170. Oh, dear, I better update my chart!
- 171. I like your use of arrows
for the different timelines.
- 172. Why am I… or rather why are you here?
- 173. We came to help Mr. Ostenfeld find love.
- 174. And we did! With no consequences!
- 175. Um… What was that?
- 176. I was right. This was a bad idea.
- 177. Hilda, you have to get out of here!
- 178. Who's this?
- 179. - You!
- 180. Us!
- 181. Run!
- 182. Oh!
- 183. What is that? And where did you come from?
- 184. I'm you from the future
and I came to stop us getting eaten.
- 185. - Well, you messed that up a bit!
- 186. You're still here aren't you?
Let's try and keep it that way!
- 187. Will you stop pulling me!
- 188. - Uh, terribly sorry about this.
- No offense taken!
- 189. - Get off!
- 190. Mr. Ostenfeld!
We need to get out of here now!
- 191. Oh, no!
- 192. No!
- 193. The magazine!
- 194. Mr. Ostenfeld, look!
- 195. I can't believe that's my life.
- 196. If only I'd lived it.
- 197. - Wait. Is that… Tildy?
- You know her?
- 198. She lives around the corner
from our building!
- 199. - Ah, there you are. Come on!
- 200. - I've got to find my copy of the magazine.
- Forget that.
- 201. Hilda!
- 202. And all this time
she was just around the corner.
- 203. Once that thing's done with
the Ostenfelds it'll come for us.
- 204. There's only one way we get out of this,
- 205. we've got to find…
Oh, will you stop being difficult—
- 206. Will you stop pulling me around
and be nice to me?
- 207. You just had to mess around with time,
- 208. Don't make out like this is my fault.
You did it too!
- 209. Yes, I did! I've been here before!
- 210. That's why you've got to trust me
when I say this is for your own good!
- 211. Hey! Over here!
- 212. No!
- 213. Just run!
- 214. Find—
- 215. Time to go!
- 216. That was all my fault.
- 217. She was just trying to help me and…
- 218. Oh… That could have been me.
- 219. It was me.
- 220. Don't beat yourself up kid.
- 221. As far as anything matters now,
none of that really happened.
- 222. Come on.
- 223. Let's go home.
- 224. - Mr. Ostenfeld!
- Run! Run!
- 225. Run, run, run, run, run!
- 226. Aah!
- 227. Alfur, that's Mum's car!
- 228. - A getaway vehicle! We're saved!
- 229. Uh, I really don't think time is on
our side right now Hilda.
- 230. Am I doing the right thing?
- 231. This isn't the sort of Mum I wanted to be
- 232. but what am I supposed to do? I…
- 233. Oh, Johanna just get a grip.
- 234. This is going to be one boring day.
- 235. Where are we going?
- 236. Tildy!
- 237. It's an emergency!
- 238. Come in. That spell won't last forever.
- 239. You're just who I wanted to see.
- 240. I am?
- 241. Yes.
- 242. It seems I fell in love 50 or so years ago
and got married.
- 243. Know anything about that?
- 244. Ah! You're the girl from the dance hall.
- 245. All our happiness we owe to you.
- 246. I'm glad you're happy.
- 247. The thing out there isn't.
- 248. It's called a Time Worm.
- 249. Ah! Good name. Very… descriptive.
- 250. You've created a new timeline.
With a new him.
- 251. And a new me.
- 252. The Time Worm is here
to get rid of the old ones.
- 253. But why is it after me?
- 254. Because he's not your neighbor anymore.
- 255. So, the you that met him
and traveled through time shouldn't exist.
- 256. And that version is… oh, you.
- 257. And me.
- 258. Precisely.
- 259. - There's got to be a way to stop it!
- There is.
- 260. But we'll need the enchanted object.
- 261. I have one!
- 262. Good! Now we just need to destroy it.
- 263. No.
- 264. That won't work. It's just a copy.
It has to be the original.
- 265. This is all my fault.
- 266. No, Hilda, it's not.
- 267. The original magazine!
- 268. How did you know where to find it?
- 269. I'm the one who enchanted it
in the first place.
- 270. I so wanted to see that man again
- 271. that I went back to the dance hall
that night and tried to find him,
- 272. but he was already gone.
- 273. All I found was that stupid magazine!
- 274. With all that dancing,
I didn't even get his name,
- 275. so being the reckless
young witch I was, I—
- 276. Hoped he would find you?
- 277. I wasn't thinking about
the consequences back then.
- 278. But we can fix it!
- 279. If the enchanted object is destroyed,
- 280. everything that was a result of it…
will be undone.
- 281. - Everything.
- You mean…
- 282. Us.
- 283. Yes.
- 284. We'd be safe, but I'm afraid
the Time Worm will take them instead.
- 285. I can't. We can't do it to them.
- 286. What are you doing?
- 287. Stopping this. It's all because of us.
- 288. This isn't fair.
You two are clearly meant to be together!
- 289. We know. But not like this.
- 290. I'm glad we shared a life together.
- 291. Even if it's to be erased.
- 292. We lived it. That can't be erased.
- 293. That's what matters.
- 294. Come on. I'll walk you home.
- 295. If I'm not mistaken,
you're supposed to be grounded.
- 296. Mr. Ostenfeld!
- 297. Morning, Hilda. And, uh…
- 298. Tildy.
- 299. I'm Peter. Nice to meet you.
- 300. Good day, ladies.
- 301. Well? Go after him!
- 302. The past is the past.
- 303. I think we've messed with it enough
- 304. Hey, boy.
- 305. I can say with some certainty that
that was the longest…
- 306. - 35 minutes of my entire life.
- 307. - Mum!
- Told you I wouldn't be long.
- 308. Oh, Hilda, I'm…
- 309. I'm sorry I was a bit harsh before.
I didn't mean to—
- 310. I didn't really give you much choice. I…
- 311. I know you just worry about me
and I'm really glad that you do.
- 312. But you shouldn't have to. And I'm sorry.
- 313. - Where are you going?
- I'm grounded, remember?
- 314. Oh, yes I do.
- 315. Thanks for not telling Mum
I left the building.
- 316. I wouldn't even know where to begin
trying to explain this.
- 317. And all things considered,
it didn't work out too badly.
- 318. We saw ourselves die… twice.