- 1. Keep an eye to the sky, and count
as many Woffs as you can.
- 2. Bonus points if you can tell
the males from the females.
- 3. That's easy. The males have a brown
spot on them.
- 4. David, that's just your fudge pop melting.
- 5. Oh.
- 6. I don't see what the big deal is.
- 7. I've seen the woffs migrate
a thousand times before.
- 8. Hilda, we're helping Woffologists
figure out their migration patterns.
- 9. It's one of the world's
- 10. Let me know if you spot
a rare 'white woff',
- 11. that's a sign that magic is especially
powerful this lunar cycle.
- 12. Are you doing witch homework, too?
- 13. Hmm. It's not really homework.
- 14. Just some low level fortune telling.
- 15. Look! Woffs!
- 16. Why is that bell ringing?
- 17. It's a troll attack!
- 18. Can't be, the sun is still up!
- 19. Dodge the woffs!
- 20. Everyone stay calm!
- 21. And dodge the woffs.
- 22. They need our help!
- 23. We have to get them
back in the air!
- 24. Great work, sparrows.
- 25. Now. Did anyone get a count?
- 26. That bell really confused
those poor woffs.
- 27. Why on earth would the
bell keeper ring it?
- 28. Hey, bell keeper!
- 29. How did it go?
- 30. I remember counting Woffs when
I was a sparrow scout.
- 31. You'd think they'd have all
that figured out by now.
- 32. Eh, it was just like any other woff
migration. Oh, except for when—
- 33. Oh. Sorry, one moment.
- 34. This new commission is driving me crazy.
- 35. The reference material they gave me is way
more in-depth than necessary. Ugh.
- 36. What were you saying?
- 37. Um. Just that the migration count was fun.
- 38. You know, science and stuff.
- 39. Um, Hilda? We've got a…
- 40. visitor.
- 41. Bartel!
- 42. He rode in on a pigeon.
- 43. There is much to discuss.
- 44. The situation is dire for my people…
- 45. Every hour, the bell tower tolls
its terrible “dong”.
- 46. Livestock have stopped producing.
- 47. We can't even finish a good braid!
- 48. That's terrible!
- 49. I know, you don't have to rub it in.
- 50. It's not just the elves, that bell's
messing with the woffs.
- 51. The nisse, too.
- 52. Tontu!
- 53. You can hear the bell all the way
in Nowhere Space?
- 54. Yeah, the acoustics in here are awful.
- 55. Bartel, we should do something!
- 56. Ha, ha! Oh, I knew you'd
be ready for battle.
- 57. - We ride at sun-up!
- 58. We've declared war on the bell tower.
- 59. We'll take it down brick by brick.
- 60. Or die trying!
- 61. Whoa, whoa, whoa! I know the Bell Keeper.
- 62. I'll just go talk to him.
- 63. Fine. But if diplomacy fails…
- 64. Combat!
- 65. Fly, Cedric, fly!
- 66. Easy girl!
- 67. Enough is enough.
- 68. Come on, Alfur.
- 69. Are you sure this is a good idea?
- 70. We'll only be a minute.
- 71. Hilda, must we sneak out of the window?
- 72. If we use the front door
it's not sneaking out, is it?
- 73. Hey, I think I'm actually getting
the hang of this.
- 74. Hello!
- 75. Mr. Bell Keeper?
- 76. Well, nobody's here. I guess we better go.
- 77. Mr. Bell Keeper?
- 78. - Is that you?
- 79. What is this thing?
- 80. - Who's there?
- 81. It's only me! I'm—
- 82. That weird little girl who came here
- 83. on inspection day.
What are you doing here?
- 84. I came to see what the emergency is.
Why do you keep ringing that bell?
- 85. I'm not the one ringing it.
- 86. But it's been ringing all day.
- 87. It's causing everyone a lot of trouble
and, are you even listening?
- 88. Look.
- 89. Whoa.
- 90. - Go! Get out of here!
- 91. What are you doing?
- 92. They aren't bothering anyone!
They were just—
- 93. It's for their own good. Here.
- 94. Trust me, you're going
to want to put those on.
- 95. - Can't you stop it?
- 96. This bell is completely automated now.
- 97. It rings on the hour, every hour.
- 98. “Mechanical Bellkeeper”?
- 99. New technology. Courtesy of Safety Patrol.
- 100. Come on.
- 101. I guess I can take my break
a few minutes early.
- 102. What's this?
- 103. Just some notes on the woff
- 104. - You've figured them out?
- 105. I had to. Woffs kept
Getting caught in my laundry line.
- 106. Used to be an army of bell keepers.
- 107. No, it's just me. I've manned
these towers for years.
- 108. Never once had to ring a bell. It's a big
wall. No troll is getting over it.
- 109. So why ring this bell now?
- 110. It's confusing the woffs, bothering
the elves, distracting the nisse…
- 111. It's Ahlberg's idea.
- 112. He thinks more bell-ringing
will keep the city safer.
- 113. But it won't. It's just causing chaos!
- 114. And it's about to get a lot worse.
This one's just a test.
- 115. Ahlberg's installed
- 116. in every belltower in the city.
- 117. What?
- 118. The whole system goes live in a few days
- 119. at some big ceremony. Soon, every bell
in Trolberg will be ringing,
- 120. all day, every day.
- 121. That's ridiculous!
Can't you turn them off?
- 122. Nothing I can do from here.
- 123. The bells will all be controlled from
a central tower.
- 124. I'm keeping an eye on it
- 125. for a few weeks before I'm phased out.
- 126. If I'm lucky, they'll hire me
for bell maintenance.
- 127. We can stop this. We've got to!
- 128. Give up, kid.
- 129. It's no use.
- 130. I've gotta get back to work.
- 131. Well, Bartel will be pleased.
- 132. Seems combat is the only option.
- 133. Hmm, maybe. But what good
are a handful of elves
- 134. against every bell tower in Trolberg?
- 135. Whoa. I'll just borrow this.
- 136. Twig, I think I'm going to need your help.
- 137. Actually…
- 138. Thanks for coming, everybody…
- 139. You've prepared a plan for all-out attack?
- 140. Not quite. So, as you may have heard,
- 141. the new mechanical bellkeeper system will
be activated at a big ceremony tomorrow.
- 142. That means every bell in Trolberg,
ringing all at once…
- 143. - Every bell?
- 144. An outrage!
- 145. But according to these plans,
we can stop it from happening. Frida?
- 146. I've identified a weak point
in the system.
- 147. All the mechanical bellkeepers are
controlled from The central belltower.
- 148. If we sneak into that tower,
and cut this one particular wire…
- 149. Poof… the whole system goes down.
- 150. Sneak in? But the tower's crawling
with Safety Patrol.
- 151. And that's why we do it during the
- 152. when everybody's listening
to Erik Ahlberg's speech.
- 153. Ooh, smart plan.
- 154. David, you'll be the lookout.
- 155. I'm great at looking at things.
- 156. Bartel, do you think you and the lost clan
can distract any guards that stay behind?
- 157. Aye. My pigeon riders will attack
from the air
- 158. while Agnes leads a ground assault.
- 159. Those guards won't know what hit them.
- 160. Because you'll be invisible. I like it!
- 161. Ha! Looks like we elves are going
to battle after all!
- 162. We…?
- 163. Tontu will use Nowhere Space to get me
and Frida into the tower…
- 164. …and then I'll use a finding spell to, uh,
- 165. find the right wire.
- 166. Once Frida's done her spell,
I'll snip the wire, and then…
- 167. no more mechanical bellkeepers!
- 168. Twig, I'll need you with me.
- 169. Everybody in?
- 170. Wait. In films, operations like this
always have a codename.
- 171. How about Operation Deerfox.
- 172. Thunder. Team.
- 173. Alright on three. One. Two.
- 174. Operation Deerfox Thunder Team!
- 175. I'm surprised you wanted to come.
I thought you hated the bells?
- 176. I do but we just had to see
all your posters on display.
- 177. I'm a bit sick of looking at them
to be honest.
- 178. But… it's a nice day.
And we've got sandwiches.
- 179. Let's call it a picnic, yeah?
- 180. Thank you! Yes, yes,
- 181. - thank you.
- 182. Citizens of Trolberg!
- 183. Thank you for joining us on this
- 184. perhaps the most momentous day
since my illustrious ancestor,
- 185. Edmund “The Trollslayer“ Ahlberg,
erected our very first bell tower.
- 186. Oh, dear. This could take a while.
- 187. Hilda, where are you going?
The ceremony's just starting.
- 188. I've, er, got to use the bathroom.
- 189. Sorry, must be all that peppermint
- 190. Be right back!
- 191. She hasn't even touched
- 192. her peppermint tea.
- 193. Bugman, this is Blue and Badges.
Are the elves in position? Over.
- 194. The pigeons are in the coop.
Bartel and Agnes look ready for battle.
- 195. Alfur… not so much. Over.
- 196. - And where's Hairball?
- Right here.
- 197. Uh, can I get a different codename?
I was thinking Night Wolf.
- 198. No. That would imperil
the entire operation.
- 199. Okay, are we ready to do this?
- 200. Ready.
- 201. Bugman, give the signal. Over.
- 202. - Attack!
- 203. - Owww!
- Ooof! Who's doing that?
- 204. Uh, combat!
- 205. - Ooh, sorry!
- 206. Bugman, chirp if anything changes. Over.
- 207. Badges, Hairball, let's go!
- 208. Right this way…
- 209. - Ow, ow, ow!
- 210. - Ow.
- 211. You're on your own from here.
- 212. Night Wolf away.
- 213. Requesting backup.
We're under attack!
- 214. Bugman, we're inside.
How's it looking out there? Over.
- 215. My mother once said to me…
- 216. The big cheese is still talking…
- 217. Roger that. Badges, you're up!
- 218. I wasn't expecting so many wires.
- 219. Frida. You can do this.
- 220. Once more, with vigor!
- 221. There! That's the one.
- 222. Nice work, Frida.
- 223. Time to finish the job.
- 224. Goodbye, mechanical bellkeepers!
- 225. Yes!
- 226. And now, the Trolberg anthem.
- 227. Offline? Engaging back-up system…
- 228. - Such sweet redundancy.
- 229. - Backup system?
- 230. That wasn't part of the plan!
- 231. Um, time for a new plan, then.
- 232. Any ideas, Badges?
- 233. Uh, there might be a way to disable
the bells from the main control panel…
- 234. at the top of the tower!
- 235. I'll take care of it. If anyone tries
to come up, distract them!
- 236. Got it!
- 237. Now, it is my great pleasure
- 238. to unveil a new means of keeping
our fair city safe…
- 239. Uh, Blue? I can't quite tell but I think
the big cheese is almost done talking.
- 240. Hurry! Over.
- 241. There's the control panel…
- 242. Locked!
- 243. What is it, Twig? Frida?
- 244. - Hilda.
- 245. This isn't what it looks like.
- 246. Uh, Blue… Blue.
- 247. - We were just trying to—
- 248. - What are you do—
- 249. - Quickly now.
- You're… you're helping us?
- 250. We don't have much time. That Ahlberg is
a windbag but even he can't talk forever.
- 251. The time has come. With the flip of
one little switch, by one mighty finger,
- 252. the bells of Trolberg will all ring out
- 253. with one thunderous voice!
- 254. Where's Hilda?
- 255. She's missing the whole thing!
- 256. Gerda, is the system primed?
- 257. Yes, sir.
- 258. Come on, how do we stop it?
- 259. We're too late. Once the system's
been primed, you can't turn it off.
- 260. When Ahlberg flips that switch.
- 261. The bells will all ring,
louder than ever before!
- 262. Cranking up the volume
to fry the system. I like it.
- 263. I hope this works…
- 264. Let the bells ring!
- 265. Glorious! Just glorious!
- 266. Sir! The bells! They are ringing too loud!
- 267. Too loud? Nonsense!
- 268. It's working!
- 269. Everybody stay calm! A minor malfunction.
- 270. - Get down!
- 271. - Get down!
- 272. Uh oh.
- 273. Hear that?
- 274. Sounds lovely.
- 275. It sure does.
- 276. - Hilda!
- 277. I was so worried! Where were you?
- 278. I… I ran into some friends.
- 279. Oh, it doesn't matter.
I'm just glad you're safe.
- 280. Tomorrow, we're having a normal picnic.
Just the two of us.
- 281. Hilda! Are you there, Hilda?
- 282. Now that the system
is down, Ahlberg wants every bell tested.
- 283. Even the really old ones. Good to go?