- 1. Circle of seven stones complete!
- 2. Okay.
- 3. Place a small item in the center
of the circle.
- 4. David, hand me a Jort.
- 5. There's only one left.
- 6. Uh, may I point out that
if this spell works,
- 7. the Jort will be invisible,
but not inedible.
- 8. 00:00:59.15
- 9. Uh, which version of
the Invisibility Spell are we on, Alfur?
- 10. Version Number 79,
- 11. circle of rocks,
plus chant and hand waving.
- 12. I don't get the point of witch homework.
- 13. Why do they make you sort through a bunch
of fake invisibility spells
- 14. when they could just give you the real one
and let you get on with it?
- 15. It's like Tildy says,
- 16. magic is 99 percent focus,
and 1 percent hocus pocus.
- 17. They're testing my ability to figure out
the correct version.
- 18. Witches really know how to suck
all the fun out of magic.
- 19. Marta Skipta Ript!
- 20. Well, it's not invisible.
- 21. But they are pretty stylish.
- 22. Alfur, those look like they'd fit you!
- 23. Oh, Hilda!
- 24. Elves abide by a strict dress code.
- 25. Um, we've eliminated 79 spells.
- 26. Only 91 more to go!
- 27. The next one calls for a….
- 28. chant and a smattering of dust
from the Trolberg castle ruins.
- 29. - Uh-oh. I don't have any.
- 30. I'll go get it!
- 31. Aren't the castle ruins
pretty far outside the wall?
- 32. It's barely noon.
- 33. I'll be back by tonight, no worries.
- 34. - Come on, Twig!
- 35. This is better than sitting around
Frida's room all day,
- 36. - right, boy?
- 37. There, that should do!
- 38. We'll make a quick stop at home
- 39. and then back to Frida's!
- 40. There, all set.
- 41. Oh, Tontu, turn it up!
- 42. We've seen a significant,
some would say alarming,
- 43. increase in troll fires burning nightly
around Trolberg in recent weeks.
- 44. Mr. Ahlberg, is Trolberg under threat?
- 45. Oh, absolutely.
- 46. - In fact, it may only be myself…
- 47. Hi, Mom!
- 48. I am so hungry, let's eat!
- 49. The pie's still in the oven,
but look at the new game I got.
- 50. Let's play a round before we eat.
- 51. I don't think I have time.
- 52. I need to get to Frida's pretty quick.
- 53. Didn't you just come from Frida's?
You said you'd be there all day.
- 54. Right, but she asked me to come back
- 55. I might sleep over.
- 56. Not tonight.
- 57. I've got dinner planned and this game.
- 58. Oh, these rules are complicated.
- 59. We can play the game another time.
- 60. And you can sleep over at Frida's
- 61. Mom, you don't understand.
- 62. I'm helping her with a project.
- 63. - What project?
- It's a homework thing.
- 64. I'm sure Frida is perfectly
capable of doing her own homework.
- 65. You're staying at home with me.
- 66. - Why?
- Because it'll be fun.
- 67. Oh, come on.
- 68. Am I really such bad company?
- 69. No! You're just…
- 70. You're just a Mom!
- 71. - Hilda…
- Why do I have to keep you company anyway?
- 72. It's not my fault that you sit around
on your own all day
- 73. and don't have anyone else to talk to!
- 74. Hilda! Go to your room!
- 75. So… we're not playing?
- 76. Mom is being ridiculous!
- 77. Troll fires again.
- 78. What do they get up to out there, Twig?
So wild and free.
- 79. It's not fair. I wish I was a troll.
- 80. Huh!
- 81. I knew I left it somewhere.
- 82. Tontu! Take me to Frida's!
- 83. - No.
- It'll take two seconds.
- 84. Too risky.
- 85. I don't want to cross someone
who makes a pie as tasty as your mom's.
- 86. Well, what if I told mom that
she didn't lose her favorite bowl,
- 87. but that you broke it and hid the evidence
in your hidey hole.
- 88. Fine.
- 89. Hilda, the pie's ready,
and we've both had time to cool down, so…
- 90. Hilda!
- 91. - Mom!
- Hey! What's going on out there?
- 92. Hilda, get back here!
- 93. Agh!
- 94. You've got to come all the way through!
- 95. This is really—
- 96. - Mom, no!
- 97. Dangerous!
- 98. Mom?
- 99. Mom, are you—
- 100. I'm all right.
- 101. You?
- 102. I'm fine.
- 103. Is this… the Nisse space?
- 104. No, it's not.
- 105. I think something went wrong
and it's thrown us out somewhere
- 106. we didn't want to be…
- 107. Why did you do that?
- 108. Do what? If you'd just listened to me…
- 109. Mom, this only happened
because you grabbed me.
- 110. How dare you blame this on me.
- 111. This happened because you
were using some magic portal
- 112. to sneak out of the house.
- 113. And you went and messed up everything!
- 114. Where do you think you're going?
- 115. Home! I guess.
- 116. Maybe it's this way.
- 117. Get back here!
- 118. We're going to stay put
and wait for Tontu.
- 119. Tontu could be on the other side
of the world right now.
- 120. We don't know where he ended up.
- 121. He's not coming for us.
- 122. We'll get lost if we just wander off…
- 123. We're already lost.
- 124. Where are we?
- 125. Come on,
- 126. I think I saw somewhere back there
we can get some rest.
- 127. We'll be able to see where we're going
when the sun is up.
- 128. That makes sense.
- 129. Hello?
- 130. Hilda?
- 131. I don't think anyone's home.
- 132. Hmm… maybe they just, you know,
went for a very long drive somewhere.
- 133. No, cars parked on the street.
- 134. Dinner was set. But never eaten.
- 135. An abandoned pie.
- 136. Now that's eerie.
- 137. It's like they've all disappeared.
- 138. All right. David, we'll retrace
Hilda's steps to the castle ruins.
- 139. Alfur, you stay here
in case anyone turns up.
- 140. I think I should stay with Alfur.
- 141. For emotional support.
- 142. I don't need emotional support.
- 143. But I do!
- 144. Come on, David!
- 145. We'll be perfectly safe outside the wall
in the daytime.
- 146. Ugh!
- 147. What was that?
- 148. Nothing. Don't worry.
- 149. Huh. That's weird.
- 150. My watch says it's 10 a.m. Already.
- 151. But it's still so dark.
- 152. Come on, I think we should make a move.
- 153. Hm, I thought we'd be able to see
the castle ruins by now.
- 154. All these trees must block the view.
- 155. I've seen more troll rocks today
than I've seen in my entire life.
- 156. That's not saying much,
- 157. you've spent most of your life
behind the wall.
- 158. Well, I don't like this side of the wall.
- 159. What if Ahlberg's right?
- 160. What if the trolls sitting around
these fires, plotting against us?
- 161. Maybe they've just discovered
the joys of camping.
- 162. There's no reason to assume the worst,
just because they're trolls.
- 163. That sounds like
something Hilda would say.
- 164. - And she'd be right.
- 165. Are you seeing this, Deputy?
- 166. There must be
hundreds of trolls down there,
- 167. and hundreds are practically thousands!
- 168. We were expecting a lot of trolls,
were we not, sir?
- 169. Yes, but this many, it's…
- 170. why it could be a threat to the city.
- 171. Something's on the move down there.
- 172. It's just a couple of children.
Nothing to report.
- 173. This far outside the wall?
- 174. They must be lost, sir!
- 175. They don't seem worried.
- 176. We can't just leave them out here.
- 177. I do like idea of a triumphant,
- 178. Head of Safety Patrol rescues
lost children from troll terror…
- 179. Keep the children in sight, sir!
- 180. What? Oh! Right.
- 181. Now where'd they go?
- 182. I don't understand.
- 183. We should be at the castle ruins by now.
- 184. Oh, just admit it, we're lost.
- 185. Oh. Okay. We're lost.
- 186. What? I was just being dramatic!
- 187. Oh, well, let's not panic.
- 188. Why not?
This seems like the perfect time to panic!
- 189. - What's that?
- 190. A white woff!
- 191. White woffs are good luck, right?
- 192. For witches anyway!
- 193. I found them, Deputy!
- 194. What was that?
- 195. - Assume crash position!
- 196. Hm. Never fear, children!
- 197. You're safe with me!
- 198. Prepare for —
- 199. Everybody back! Go, go, go!
- 200. Get behind the rock!
- 201. - Ouch!
- 202. Is everybody okay?
- 203. Yes, I believe I'm all right.
- 204. Ugh! No.
- 205. It's so quiet here…
- 206. There's barely even a breeze.
- 207. This is the weirdest forest in the world.
- 208. I don't even think it's a forest…
- 209. Whatever it is, there has to be a way out.
- 210. Maybe we can walk a bit faster.
- 211. Mom, I'm thirsty.
- 212. Oh. Me too.
- 213. We can definitely jump that.
- 214. Well, we're not going to try.
- 215. What?
- 216. It'll be easy!
- 217. We'll walk till it narrows
or we find a crossing.
- 218. Mom, come on!
- 219. This is stupid!
- 220. And there we go!
- 221. Water!
- 222. - Don't drink that!
- 223. - Why?
- It's stagnant.
- 224. Aww.
- 225. But it must have come from somewhere.
- 226. Listen!
- 227. I hear it too.
- 228. - Do you think…
- Yeah, running water!
- 229. Come on!
- 230. Trolls!
- 231. I've never heard of so many in one place.
- 232. Hmm.
- 233. Look. I bet we can follow the rocks
- 234. round to where that stream branches off.
- 235. If we're careful and keep low,
they won't see us.
- 236. Really? You want to do this?
- 237. You're thirsty, aren't you?
- 238. See? No problem.
- 239. Baba!
- 240. Shh.
- 241. Baba, baba!
- 242. Baba, baba!
- 243. Run!
- 244. A dead end!
- 245. Baba. Ba-ba.
- 246. You're really good at this.
- 247. Not to brag, but Sparrow Scout Badge
I earned was First Aid.
- 248. Good news!
- 249. The emergency blimp kit is intact.
- 250. It's basically a flying lifeboat
that will get us all home.
- 251. Oh! Does it take long to build?
- 252. Just a few hours.
- 253. But the sun is going down,
and there are trolls.
- 254. Everywhere.
- 255. It's a good thing we have
the head of Safety Patrol with us.
- 256. Uh, indeed.
- 257. There's nothing to fear while I'm here.
- 258. What are you doing?
- 259. Securing the perimeter, my boy.
- 260. Ensuring our presence here stays well
and truly undetected.
- 261. Easy, everyone.
- 262. Don't antagonize them.
- 263. - Get back, you beasts! Ha!
- 264. I think now would be a really good time
to be invisible!
- 265. Frida, come on!
- 266. But I've never been able to do it!
- 267. Lind Skipta Vinkindi!
- 268. It worked! My spell worked!
- 269. Uh, guys, there's a bug on my head.
- 270. And I think it's Ahlberg.
- 271. Oh, no, no, no!
- 272. I turned him into a bug!
- 273. Do not worry, sir,
we will change you back!
- 274. You can change him back right?
- 275. I, uh…
- 276. I'm not sure!
- 277. The good news is,
I don't think he realizes that he's a bug.
- 278. He'll be fine in here for now.
- 279. Our first priority is to make it safely
through the night.
- 280. Now let's find some shelter.
- 281. Ba! Ba, ba, ba-ba!
- 282. - Mom, look!
- 283. - Is that…
I think so.
- 284. It's Trolberg!
- 285. We must have been inside the mountain
the whole time!
- 286. We just have to walk down the hill!
We'll be practically home.
- 287. Do you think we can sneak past
without them noticing?
- 288. I think we just need to choose our moment
to slip away…
- 289. What a bully!
- 290. Shh. This could be our moment.
- 291. - Ready?
- 292. Keep going!
- 293. Ha! I think we made it!
- 294. - Wait.
- 295. Where's Twig?
- 296. Twig!
- 297. - Wait!
- I've got to get him! Get off me!
- 298. Hey, hey, hey, hey!
- 299. We can't leave him!
- 300. Listen to me.
You wait here, behind this rock.
- 301. Don't move.
- 302. Hilda, I mean it!
- 303. Twig! Are you in there?
- 304. Twig! You've got to come out, Twig!
- 305. Oh.
- 306. Let's get out of here.
- 307. Okay.
- 308. Sorry, Mom, but that's all
the waiting I can do.
- 309. There's got to be another way through.
- 310. Yes!
- 311. Oh, we have to find some other way
out of this place.
- 312. Good boy!
- 313. Now we just have to get up there somehow…
- 314. A dead end.
- 315. Okay, careful…
- 316. careful…
- 317. Uh, phew.
- 318. Now what?
- 319. Hmm.
- 320. How about another snack?
- 321. There's a safe way down on the other side.
- 322. Come on, Twig.
- 323. Twig?
- 324. Twig! We've got to go now.
- 325. - Hilda?
- 326. Twig!
- 327. Come on, I've found a way out!
- 328. You were supposed to stay outside!
What are you doing here?
- 329. Coming to save you!
- 330. Hilda, you can't keep doing this -
you have to trust me to—
- 331. - Jump!
- 332. Let's get out of here.
- 333. Which way Mom?
- 334. Mom?
- 335. I think it's this way.
- 336. Is he okay in there?
- 337. He seems fine. He's quite active.
- 338. what were the two of you doing this far
outside the wall?
- 339. Our friend, Hilda is missing.
We're looking for her.
- 340. And you didn't think to go
to the appropriate authorities?
- 341. Honestly, the authorities
aren't that helpful most of the time.
- 342. Point taken.
- 343. None of this looks familiar, Mom.
- 344. No, it doesn't.
- 345. Go!
- 346. Baba.
- 347. Don't worry, Hilda, it's going to be okay.
- 348. Baba.
- 349. Is that the same troll from before?
- 350. I think so.
- 351. I can't tell if we just got rescued
or if we're about to get eaten.
- 352. Should we run?
- 353. Oh!
- 354. Do you think it's okay to drink this?
- 355. It smells good.
- 356. It's sweet!
- 357. Kind of tastes like honey.
- 358. Baba, baba, ba…
- 359. Baba.
- 360. Let's not run.
- 361. - Yeah. Let's not.
- 362. Thanks.
- 363. We can't afford to freeze out here.
- 364. A small fire won't attract
too much attention, I hope.
- 365. David, can you pass me the water
in my backpack.
- 366. Thank you.
- 367. And look what I have!
- 368. I do like these.
- 369. - Oh!
- Well, this is pretty cozy, considering.
- 370. Stay calm, children.
- 371. Don't make any sudden moves.
- 372. Um, would you…
- 373. David!
- 374. Hmm.
- 375. Looking good.
- 376. - Oh, me?
- 377. Okay.
- 378. Baba!
- 379. Strange.
- 380. This fire doesn't seem to give off
any heat at all.
- 381. - Huh!
- Hey, Mom, look at this.
- 382. Ah, baba!
- 383. Can you tell who these are meant to be?
- 384. - Ha-ha! Look at that!
- 385. Oh, um…
- 386. is this for us to sleep?
- 387. I don't think we'll both fit under there.
- 388. Don't worry.
Me and Twig will be warm enough.
- 389. Watch journal update,
- 390. another hour passed,
and still no sign of Frida or David,
- 391. not to mention Hilda, Twig,
Johanna, or Tontu.
- 392. - Alfur.
- Not right now, Tontu. I'm on watch.
- 393. Tontu!
- 394. What?
- 395. You're back!
- 396. I took a few wrong turns along the way.
- 397. Ugh! It's good to be home.
- 398. Hilda and Mom, are they…
- 399. No!
- 400. Oh, boy.
- 401. There was a terrible breach
of Nowhere Space.
- 402. I saw where they were thrown out.
- 403. Excellent! Let's go!
- 404. It's not that simple.
- 405. I can't use Nowhere Space
to take us there on purpose.
- 406. I'll go the old-fashioned way,
which, to be honest, I quite prefer.
- 407. Show me on this map.
- 408. It's this big mountain.
- 409. I think they're inside of it.
- 410. The entrances won't be easy to find…
- 411. Which is why I'm going to need a pigeon.
- 412. And not just any pigeon.
- 413. You can count on Cedric.
- 414. His sense of direction
and smell never fails.
- 415. Fly high, Cedric. Fly swift!
- 416. And fly safe!
- 417. Whoa!
- 418. Safe is good!
- 419. Hm.
- 420. - Huh?
- 421. I wonder if it hurts,
turning into stone like that.
- 422. I imagine it would make me pretty grumpy.
- 423. Oh! Everyone safe?
- 424. Very good.
- 425. Let's put together that blimp!
- 426. I've spotted something, Cedric!
- 427. Would it be possible go down
a bit closer, please?
- 428. Look out!
- 429. It's some kind of crazy mountain pigeon!
- 430. Alfur!
- 431. It's good to see you.
- 432. Is that pigeon talking to us?
- 433. Of course not. Alfur's talking.
- 434. Hello!
- 435. The voice sounds oddly familiar.
- 436. He's an elf.
- 437. You can see him only if you've filled out
the necessary paperwork.
- 438. I like the sound of that, actually.
- 439. Hilda's not with us, Alfur.
- 440. We still don't know where she is.
- 441. She's actually closer than
you might think… hya!
- 442. Good morning!
- 443. What's going on?
- 444. Are you designing a board game?
- 445. Our kind host here has drawn a map for us.
- 446. This is going to show us the safe way out.
- 447. It's a little tricky to read though.
- 448. Do you think this is meant to be a woff?
- 449. How?
- 450. Where's he off to?
- 451. He's off to…
- 452. the city?
- 453. It's going to lead us out of here!
- 454. Come on, let's not lose it!
- 455. Baba.
- 456. - Uh, thank you!
- 457. I hope it's not much further.
- 458. I don't know how much longer
I can bear this place.
- 459. Don't you normally this sort of thing?
- 460. I mean, it's nice to be in peril
when I know you're waiting for me at home
- 461. with a nice dinner,
or a freshly baked cake…
- 462. or you want to watch a movie,
with hot chocolate, of course.
- 463. It's sort of unnerving that you're here.
- 464. - But pleasantly unnerving, right?
- 465. What is it, boy?
- 466. Come on, this way.
- 467. Mom!
- 468. - No!
- Twig, run!
- 469. Quick, in here!
- 470. He's scared of the slugs!
- 471. Eww. There's so many of them.
- 472. I don't think it goes any further.
- 473. But it's okay. We'll be safe in here.
- 474. Maybe not!
- 475. Run!
- 476. That was—
- 477. Unexpected?
- 478. I lost the guide.
- 479. I don't know if we're getting out
of this place or deeper in.
- 480. We could be here for…
- 481. We might never…
- 482. Mom…
- 483. I'm sorry.
- 484. I'm sorry, too.
- 485. I broke my promise. It was just…
- 486. it was so hard being out there
and not knowing what was going on.
- 487. Just waiting and worrying.
- 488. It felt awful.
- 489. Hilda, it's okay. It's okay.
- 490. - Let's just focus on not getting eaten by…
- 491. - Huh?
- What's that?
- 492. I don't know…
- 493. It's coming from over here!
- 494. It's a way out!
- 495. - Aha!
- 496. There you are!
- 497. Oh, yes!
- 498. - Hilda!
- 499. - Uh… uh…
- 500. Oh!
- 501. Mom!
- 502. Faster!
- 503. Almost there!
- 504. - Come on!
- 505. Mom!
- 506. Grab on!
- 507. The white woff!
- 508. Yeah!
- 509. Wait for us!
- 510. Whoo-hoo!
- 511. What's in the container?
- 512. Oh, um…
- 513. it's just a bug.
- 514. Nice!
- 515. Thank you for bringing us home,
- 516. Just doing my job.
- 517. Oh, Hilda!
- 518. Did you, by any chance, manage to get
that dust from the castle ruins?
- 519. Wow, still focused on homework
after all that!
- 520. Heh. Classic Frida.
- 521. You know me!
- 522. Hm. See you guys soon.
- 523. Okay, I need a place to work
with no distractions.
- 524. - Understood.
- 525. Okay, Frida, do your thing.
- 526. I'm not even sure if I can.
- 527. I didn't even mean to do it
the first time.
- 528. Maybe you did it by accident,
but you still did it!
- 529. He has a point.
- 530. Okay, I'll give it a shot.
- 531. Release him.
- 532. Lund Skipta Menskur!
- 533. You did it!
- 534. Oh. Is he okay?
- 535. Um, Sir?
- 536. - Sir?
- 537. Look at you two!
- 538. Deputy Gerda, get a reporter
down here right away!
- 539. I'm sorry, sir?
- 540. If we hurry, we can get this
on the evening news,
- 541. Head Officer Ahlberg saves children
from troll attack!
- 542. I'll start the interview with my arms
around these two hapless victims,
- 543. we'll talk about my heroic actions
outside the wall.
- 544. Feel free to interject anything you want
about how brave I was…
- 545. and then I'll announce that
I am more certain than ever
- 546. that a large scale, very real troll
attack is imminent.
- 547. I don't want to be on the evening news.
- 548. We won't do it.
- 549. All you have to do is look grateful
- 550. It'll be fun!
- 551. With all due respect, sir,
- 552. these children have had a traumatic day.
- 553. They've had a traumatic day?
- 554. I'm the one who's battled with trolls!
- 555. How dare you
shut the door in my face?
- 556. Let's get you both home.
- 557. Ah, it's nice to have everyone home again!
- 558. Alfur, you were so brave today!
- 559. Oh, I simply took the necessary actions.
- 560. Good night.
- 561. I keep thinking about those trolls,
the ones who helped us.
- 562. It was kind of them
to take us in like that.
- 563. Baba, baba, baba!
- 564. I'd like to get the recipe
for that drink we had.
- 565. Mm.
- 566. - Mom?
- 567. I'm sorry.
- 568. About everything.
- 569. You don't need to be.
- 570. I do about some things.
- 571. Just don't hide things from me, okay?
- 572. If you don't tell me what's going on,
then how do I know you're safe?
- 573. That's kind of worrying for a mom,
- 574. You really don't wish I was different?
- 575. I wish I knew what in the world
you were thinking sometimes.
- 576. And I'll admit that being your mom
has some unique ups and downs,
- 577. but I wouldn't swap it for anything.
- 578. Just no sneaking out tonight, okay?
- 579. Oh, don't worry about that.
- 580. I'm not getting out of bed for a week.
- 581. Goodnight, Mom.
- 582. Hilda, I thought breakfast in bed
might be nice. And…
- 583. - Hilda?
- 584. Baba!
- 585. What? I…
- 586. Ah! Baba!
- 587. Where's my daughter?
- 588. Mom?
- 589. Is that you?
- 590. How can I be here?
- 591. These aren't my hands!
- 592. This isn't my face!
- 593. What… What's going on?