- 1. Ready to go to your very first
Sparrow Scout meeting?
- 2. Almost.
- 3. Oh, I hope you like the Sparrow Scouts
as much as I did at your age.
- 4. Come on, we don't wanna be late.
- 5. - What are you doing?
- Looking for my sweater.
- 6. You're wearing it.
- 7. No, my good sweater.
- 8. Guess I'll have to wear this one.
- 9. Hey, I knitted you that sweater!
- 10. I promise to be trustworthy,
useful and helpful to others,
- 11. to be a friend to all people,
animals and spirits, to never be a snob,
- 12. to be courageous,
to do a good thing every day,
- 13. to smile and to whistle
and to keep the Sparrow Scout law.
- 14. Now that you've taken the oath,
you may wear the sash.
- 15. - Frida, would you help me do the honors?
- With pleasure, Raven Leader.
- 16. Welcome to the Sparrow Scouts.
- 17. Thanks.
- 18. It's an unofficial tradition to initiate
a new recruit with a game of...
- 19. Stingball!
- 20. Ow!
- 21. Hey!
- 22. Ow!
- 23. Ooh!
- 24. All right, Sparrows, circle up!
- 25. Your first badge challenge of the year
is the Friend of the Park badge.
- 26. Earning it will require a team effort.
- 27. - You will be divided...
- You sure have a lot of badges.
- 28. The only badges that matter
are the ones I don't have yet.
- 29. Each team will be responsible
for a clean-up and beautification project
- 30. in Trolberg City Park.
- 31. Each project must be completed
in the course of one weekend.
- 32. Any volunteers for team leaders?
- 33. Very good.
Leaders, choose your teams.
- 34. - I'll take Hilda!
- 35. No, heh, thank you.
- 36. I need 20 points to earn
my Level Three Friendly and Helpful badge,
- 37. and you're worth at least five.
- 38. - I am?
- 39. Invite a new kid to join in a game
or activity: five points.
- 40. Mmm!
- 41. And to complete my team, I choose David.
- 42. Yes!
- 43. - David, bug.
- 44. It's, um... It's gone now.
- 45. Whew!
- 46. You'll really like being on Frida's team.
- 47. She really knows what she's doing.
- 48. That's good, 'cause I've never been
on any kind of team before.
- 49. Never?
- 50. I've lived my whole life
in the wilderness.
- 51. My mum and I were the only humans
for miles around.
- 52. Good to know.
- 53. Uh... now, our assignment
is to clean up this plot of land
- 54. at the far edge of the park
and plant a garden.
- 55. Listen, the sooner we do this,
the sooner we get that badge.
- 56. Let's start tonight.
- 57. Who's up for midnight gardening?
- 58. I admire your enthusiasm,
but organization comes first.
- 59. And daylight is also good.
- 60. I'll work up a project plan
and see you both in the morning.
- 61. See you, Hilda.
- 62. So, did you earn a lot of badges
when you were a Sparrow?
- 63. Well, I had the most badges in my flock
by the time I moved on.
- 64. I still feel quite proud of that.
- 65. Then I'm going to get at least one more
than that, starting tomorrow.
- 66. Come on in.
- 67. Hold on. Is that a deer fox?
- 68. Yep. This is Twig.
- 69. I've read about them,
but I've never actually seen one.
- 70. Look at those antlers.
- 71. And surprisingly sharp.
- 72. He can be fierce when he needs to be.
- 73. Can't you, boy?
- 74. Hilda, aren't you going to introduce me
to your friends?
- 75. - Mum, this is David and Frida.
- It's nice to meet you.
- 76. Likewise.
- 77. Just an FYI, but according to my schedule,
- 78. we have 30 seconds for small talk
before we need to move on.
- 79. I get it. You've got a badge to earn.
- 80. Well, here are some cucumber sandwiches.
I made enough for everyone.
- 81. My favorite. Thanks, Mum.
- 82. Looks like nobody's set foot here
- 83. Nobody human, anyway.
- 84. Huh. So, this wall is supposed
to keep out the trolls?
- 85. Yep, the countryside around the city
is full of them.
- 86. Please, I don't like to think about it.
- 87. Trust me when I say
we have nothing to worry about.
- 88. - Trolls turn into solid rock in daylight.
- It's true.
- 89. It wouldn't matter if there were a hundred
of them on the other side of this wall.
- 90. A... hundred?
- 91. Frozen in stone, plotting their next move,
lying in wait for their chance.
- 92. I'm too young to die!
- 93. The point is that we're perfectly safe.
- 94. Let's get to work.
- 95. Okay, then!
- 96. Welcome to your first Sparrow Scout
badge challenge, Hilda.
- 97. So, where do we start?
- 98. We start and finish
with my super detailed action plan.
- 99. - Was she raised by elves?
- 100. Phase one, complete!
- 101. Wow, she is efficient.
- 102. Whoa! These reeds are stinky.
- 103. Ah!
- 104. I kind of like it.
- 105. Ugh! Let's get them to the mulching center
before it closes.
- 106. Hilda, come on!
We'll finish up tomorrow.
- 107. Coming!
- 108. Whoo, that is a special odor!
- 109. Hmm, moldy onion
with overtones of rotten turnip.
- 110. Yeah, very good.
But it's all the same to the Big Chipper.
- 111. The Big Chipper?
- 112. Our state-of-the-art mulching machine.
- 113. Isn't she a beaut?
- 114. Titanium frame, automated conveyor belt,
- 115. and razor-sharp mulching teeth.
- 116. It's a smooth ride to the top
and then, pow!
- 117. Straight to the Big Chipper's big dumper!
- 118. That baby can mulch anything
into a thousand tiny pieces,
- 119. and I do mean anything.
- 120. Okay, kids, dump your stuff
in the bin over there.
- 121. I'll load it in for tomorrow night's run.
- 122. Thanks.
- 123. Good work today, fellow Sparrow Scouts.
We're right on schedule.
- 124. - See you tomorrow for phase two?
- Planting and beautification?
- 125. Exactly!
- 126. So here's the plan for today.
- 127. Oh, no!
- 128. All our work!
- 129. That's weird, right?
- 130. Uh... guys...
- 131. What's that?
- 132. Ow!
- 133. Ah! Call off the beast!
- 134. Only if you surrender the garden spade!
- 135. Easy, Twig.
- 136. Did you vandalize our project?
- 137. Did you dig up my friends?
- 138. Your friends?
- 139. The stinky weeds!
- 140. Stinky weeds?
- 141. How insulting!
- 142. We're not weeds. We are vittra!
- 143. What are vittra?
- 144. Ugh! Typical above-grounder.
- 145. "What are vittra?"
- 146. Well, if you must know,
we live underground.
- 147. Once a year,
we have to hibernate near the surface
- 148. just to catch a little sunlight.
- 149. But then you come along and yank us
right out of the dirt we live in.
- 150. You're a bunch of hooligans!
- 151. We are Sparrow Scouts,
friendly and helpful to all.
- 152. Friendly and helpful? Ha!
- 153. We made a mistake.
- 154. Well, I don't usually make mistakes.
- 155. Oh, well,
you sure made a whopper this time!
- 156. I— We— My team— We didn't know.
- 157. Didn't care is more like it!
- 158. Okay, that's not fair.
We do care.
- 159. Caring is
my main extracurricular activity.
- 160. That's why I have all of these badges,
because I care... a lot.
- 161. Yeah, well, that...
- 162. - Ha!
- Give that back!
- 163. Ha ha!
- 164. Eat dirt!
- 165. That's every badge
I've ever earned in my life!
- 166. Ah! You'll never catch me!
- 167. Ha ha!
- 168. I will, too!
- 169. Frida!
- 170. Frida!
- 171. Frida!
- 172. What do we do?
What do we do?
- 173. Frida would know what to do,
but she's not here to do it.
- 174. You'll stay up top and mind the rope.
I'll go and find her.
- 175. You mean, I'll be here, all alone?
- 176. Twig will stay with you.
- 177. Whatever you do, don't let go of your end.
- 178. When I come back with Frida,
we'll need it to get back up.
- 179. - Okay. Should I lower you down?
- No, thanks. I'd rather jump.
- 180. Keep a good grip on the rope.
- 181. That's easy enough.
- 182. Although, my hands
tend to sweat when I'm nervous,
- 183. which makes them slippery,
which could be a problem, but— Whoa!
- 184. That's a cool rock.
- 185. Good plan.
- 186. You handle the rope,
I'll handle the meaningless distractions.
- 187. Ooh, look.
- 188. Whoa!
- 189. Whoa!
- 190. Ew!
- 191. Frida!
- 192. Oh, it really does stink in here.
- 193. Frida! Where are you?
- 194. Don't want to get lost myself.
- 195. Frida?
- 196. Frida?
- 197. Mmm!
- 198. Looking for that other girl?
- 199. Where is she?
- 200. Around.
- 201. Hey! Wait!
- 202. Hilda?
- 203. What the...?
- 204. Yeehaw! Ha ha!
- 205. Ha ha!
- 206. Nyah, nyah!
- 207. Whoops.
- 208. Oh!
- 209. Look, we could do this forever.
- 210. Or we could cut a deal.
- 211. I'm listening.
- 212. I'll help you find that irritating girl
if you return my friends. Huh?
- 213. Deal, but we'll have to hurry.
Your friends are scheduled for mulching.
- 214. Mulching?
- 215. - Hey, mister.
- Shut up, little kid!
- 216. - I found something weird.
- 217. Frida!
- 218. You really wedged yourself in.
- 219. Well, that's what you get
for using an old rabbit hole
- 220. instead of a proper vittra tunnel.
- 221. It's not always easy
to tell the difference.
- 222. Well, then I guess you're not
as smart as you think you are.
- 223. You're very rude!
- 224. And you have all the charm
of a rock-chewing slug!
- 225. That's enough!
- 226. I could use a hand, you know.
- 227. Come on. And pull!
- 228. Ooh!
- 229. You have no right to wear that!
- 230. Oh, I'll wear it
until I get my friends back!
- 231. - What?
- Come on, guys, we have to hurry!
- 232. Bye, mister.
- 233. Hey, boy!
- 234. I can't believe you found her.
- 235. He helped me.
- 236. Hey, we made a deal!
- 237. And now we're going to fail
the badge challenge, thanks to your deal.
- 238. Yeah, but it kind of saved you
from being stuck underground forever.
- 239. O— Okay, that's a fair point.
- 240. Thank you for coming after me.
- 241. That was really brave.
- 242. It's just this wasn't
part of my action plan.
- 243. - So I freaked a little.
- Or a lot!
- 244. - So, what's your action plan?
- It's pretty simple, really.
- 245. Save the vittra from the Big Chipper,
come back here, stick 'em in the ground.
- 246. - All by yourself?
- 247. - No.
- 248. Not all by yourself.
- 249. - David and I are coming with you.
- We are?
- 250. And I'm coming, too.
- 251. That's the spirit!
- 252. - See? We're all in this together.
- Ugh! Not really.
- 253. I'm in it to make sure
you lot don't mess it up.
- 254. Giddyup! Hyah!
- 255. Let's just go.
- 256. Oh, we're too late!
- 257. It's closed for the night.
- 258. Maybe we could come back tomorrow.
- 259. Look!
- 260. - It's now or never.
- She's right. Come on, David.
- 261. I'm not a fan of heights.
- 262. Sometimes under
is better than over, you know.
- 263. Heeyah!
- 264. Careful!
- 265. Come on!
- 266. Ha!
- 267. Frida, catch!
- 268. Ooh, at the top!
- 269. He's the last one.
- 270. Got you!
- 271. Whoa!
- 272. - Hilda!
- 273. I can't look.
- 274. Yes, you can! Push!
- 275. It's okay, Hilda!
We've got you!
- 276. Then we're coming down!
- 277. Hilda, are you okay?
- 278. Whoa!
- 279. A traumatic fall for sure,
but I'm fine.
- 280. That has to be worth
at least a hundred points
- 281. for the Catch Your Falling Friend badge.
- 282. Really?
- 283. No. There's no badge for that.
- 284. Well, there should be.
- 285. I can't believe your friends
slept through all of this.
- 286. Ha! There's not much
that can wake a hibernating vittra...
- 287. except pounding a stake in its head.
- 288. Yeah, sorry about that.
- 289. You have to admit, above-grounders
aren't as bad as you thought.
- 290. You pulled up my friends
in the first place,
- 291. so don't expect a prize
just for bringing them back!
- 292. But a deal's a deal.
- 293. Here.
- 294. David, Hilda, and I
failed to complete
- 295. the assigned badge challenge.
- 296. But upon further analysis,
I've concluded that as failures go,
- 297. ours was pretty successful.
- 298. Hilda insists that we should have
gotten a Friend of the Vittra badge.
- 299. I explained there's no such badge.
- 300. She said we should invent one,
but I told her,
- 301. "You can't just make up
your own badges."
- 302. Or... maybe you can.
- 303. Good night, little rock.
- 304. Good night, Bertrand.